Skip to main content

tv   CNN Tonight With Don Lemon  CNN  October 25, 2016 7:00pm-8:01pm PDT

7:00 pm
that's all the time we have thank you for watching. cnn with don lemon starts now. is. a few weeks ago, donald trump has plenty of fight left in him. >> did you see where biden wants to take me to the back of the barn? me? he wants me. i'd love that. i'd love that. mr. tough guy, you know, he's mr. tough guy. >> but is he blowing his best line of attack against hillary clinton? this is cnn tonight i'm don lemon. trump and clinton battle thing for every last vote in the crucial swing vote in florida and trump begins with an attack on obamacare.
7:01 pm
>> all of my employees are having a tremendous problem with obamacare. >> but then he says this to fox news. >> we don't even use obamacare. we don't want it. the people don't want it, and i spend more money on health coverage but we don't use it. >> meanwhile in the wake of the news that obamacare premiums could skyrocket 22%, hillary clinton is pretty light on specifics. >> well, we're going to make changes to six problems like that. >> but is there more trouble in store for the clinton campaign from wikileaks? we have a lot to discuss. let's get to it with former trump campaign manager, corey lewandowski, mr. preston, and gloria borger with us. c corey this is a clip from 2014, by a reporter and trump biography, michael deantonio, audio obtained by cnn.
7:02 pm
>> i was a rebellious kind of person. i don't like to talk about it really. and a very set in my ways -- >> in eighth grade? >> i loved to fight. i always loved to fight. physical fight. >> arguments? >> all types of fights. i loved it, including fist fights. >> he's a fighter. we know that. he said he's a counter-puncher, but i'm wondering if that's a double-edge sword. he's been fighting with minorities, gold star parents, everyone s. th everyone. is that a double-edged sword? >> i want to fight for the underdog and make donald trump go out and make people proud again. what he's talked about is america first. let's have somebody fight for us for a change. >> my question, does he sometimes fight with the wrong people? you can't fight with everyone. >> you can't fight with everyone, but if he's elected
7:03 pm
president of the united states, i want him fighting putin, i want him fighting isis, i want him fighting to get our money back from nato. that's what the american people want. people love fighters. >> you said putin. i thought that was a bromance. >> you're going to fight putin, and the u.n., taking our money, but not giving it back, and the bureaucrats in washington, the swamp. let's get a fighter in there for a change, let's get the american people in there for a change. >> mark, there's been sort of a war of words between joe biden and donald trump. it started after the access hollywood tape where he talks about being able to grab women, listen to this. >> he said because i'm famous, because i'm a star, because i'm a billionaire, i can do things other people can't.
7:04 pm
what a disgusting assertion for anyone to make. [ cheers and applause ] the press always and me don't i wish i were debating him? no, i wish we were in high school and i could take him behind the gym, that's what i wish. >> did you see where biden wants to take me to the back of the barn? me. he wants me. i'd love that. i'd love that. mr. tough guy. you know, he's mr. tough guy. you know what he's mr. tough guy? when he's standing behind a microphone by himself. he wants to bring me to the back of the barn, ohh, some things in life you could really love doing. >> mark, what -- what the heck is going on here? >> it's awesome, isn't it?
7:05 pm
>> yeah, it is. >> let's go with the theme of fighting because i've been thinking a lot of this since this war of words happened a couple hours ago. a couple things, strong personals. this is bare-knuckle politics on a policy level. joe biden, he'll be remembered for his time in the spaenenate, basically got the violence against women's act passed in 1994 and has been reathrisltoge rised. he's fighting for women. this is a classic warfar fare fight. he looks at donald trump and he thinks he has a silve silver sp his mouth, and you have him saying who is this hack, who is he that he's going to take me
7:06 pm
behind the barn it. has this world class warfare. >> can i say one thing? >> there is a test oast ronnron thing. he's not running and maybe he regrets that he didn't run, but he's out there on the stump, and this is his moment, also, and it's on behalf of hillary clinton, but as mark was saying, the violence against women act is his landmark piece of legislation, and what he is saying publicly about the language being a disgrace, he's also saying privately. this is what joe biden believes and he is out there on the stump in his last moment in elected office campaigning on behalf of hillary clinton but also more important to him -- i wouldn't -- maybe not more
7:07 pm
important -- but just as important to him is the moment this represents for him on the political spectrum of women and violence, and this is something he cares about and it's something he can give voice to and has given voice to and what better place to do it than in his last days on the stump. >> here we are though talking about this when obamacare premiums are going to up by 25% even more in some cases. i'm wondering if this will be a perfect opportunity, corpey, an then i'll get to you. >> in an interesting interview with rush hlimbaugh, and he sai i'm paraphrasing advisors want me to talk about the issues and not fight back and he was talking about the women making accusations for gropinget et
7:08 pm
cetera, and he said you know i have to fight back and what some of his advisors are saying and corey can speak to this better than i can, they're saying you have to talk about these issues. this is a gift basket for you. this question of obamacare. handed to you on a silver platter. so you ought to take advantage of it. >> that was my initial question to corey. sometimes you have to stay on message. corey, i want to play this for you and this is donald trump and what he said about obamacare this morning at a rally. >> we're going to repeal and replace obamacare and i can say all of my employees are having a tremendous problem with obamacare. >> okay. the problem is this, according to trump that he gives those employees insurance. take a look at this. >> reporter: mr. trump do you provide insurance plans? >> obamacare is a disaster it. has to be repealed. >> reporter: none of them are on
7:09 pm
obamacare? >> some of them, but most of them, no. >> his resort manager said 90% of employees have obamacare, and went on fox saying this a short time after. >> i don't use much obamacare, i must be honest because it's so bad for the people and they can't afford it. i'm in trump national dora will in miami and we don't use obamacare. we don't want to. >> that's not how obamacare works and his employees aren't even on obamacare. he provides their insurance. does it make -- it seems like he doesn't know what he's talking about. shouldn't he know what he's talking about before he goes out -- and as i said, perfect opportunity for him to him hillary clinton o but he's n hillary clinton on, but he's not centered. >> he has healthcare for 90% of employees, and he should be commended because most companies don't have that privilege. what we know is in the state of florida if you're on the humana
7:10 pm
plan, obamacare, your premiums are going to go up 36%. >> it's awful people will have to pay that but the question is shouldn't he know what he is talking about, out there talking about obamacare and the bad parts of obamacare? >> sure, i think that's absolutely right. he has to know today in florida 1.3 million residents are going to use health system known as obamacare, and premiums are going up 19%, but it's 36.8%, that's they is a devastating number. she said it was hillary care, before it was obamacare. we're seeing premiums, 117% increase. >> she's just not very specific. >> what we know is also donald trump has laid out a plan and what he said was let's buy health insurance across state lines. that's one simple solution. we need to fix this problem. you cannot saddle people with a
7:11 pm
37% increase in premiums. >> i want to go to colin powell. either of you want to respond before i move? >> look, i think it's political issue for donald trump if he can stay on message, that's the effective one. >> could be effective. >> he has to know what he's talking about, which is an issue he could hit hillary clinton hard on because she wants to continue barack obama's legacy. >> sure. >> today, colin powell said he'll vote for hillary clinton. is it a big deal? >> it's a big deal only because we read when his private e-mails remember hacked he said about hillary clinton, everything she touches is -- shows some kind hubrus, right? i'm paraphrasing. i think he said she steps on it with her own huburous. >> i think he's made his choice and i think so in that sense it's not really a surprise given what he said about -- about
7:12 pm
donald trump and given the fact that he did back barack obama. >> all right. thank you, every. thank you, corey, mark, gloria. when we come back, more trouble with the clinton campaign and wikileaks and why donald trump said the stolen e-mails are bad for president obama. oh no, that looks gross whoa, twhat is that? try it. you gotta try it, it's terrible. i don't wanna try it if it's terrible. it's like mango chutney and burnt hair. no thank you, i have a very sensitive palate. just try it! guys, i think we should hurry up. if you taste something bad, you want someone else to try it. it's what you do. i can't get the taste out of my mouth! if you want to save fifteen percent or more on car insurance, you switch to geico. it's what you do. shhh! dog, dog, dog.
7:13 pm
you foundi'm a robot! cars.com rawr yeti and found a place to service it, too. ♪ jingle bells now when you're ready, you can sell your old car and find your new one all on cars.com you know us for shopping, and now we're there for every turn. cars.com
7:14 pm
♪ ♪ lease a 2016 lincoln mkx for $349 a month. only at your lincoln dealer.
7:15 pm
donald trump wasting no time, slamming the obamacare
7:16 pm
rate hikes. bill crystal, editor of the weekly standard. donald trump is on the trail trying to take advantage of what he hopes will be the october surprise, obamacare rate hikes, listen to this. >> you saw what happened yesterday, the rates are going through the sky. we all knew that. i knew it before it was passed. i've been saying this for a long time. my first day in office, i'm going to and congress to put a bill on my desk getting rid of this disastrous law and replacing it with reforms that expand choice, freedom, afford ability. you're going to have such great healthcare at a tiny fraction of the cost, and it's going to be so easy. >> so bill crystal, increases are staggering. this is a message very popular with republicans. are you glad to see donald trump pushing on this even in his own unique way? >> the message is popular with independents in a normal campaign this would be exactly the message you would use as a republican candidate having already gotten 90% of republican
7:17 pm
voters to say to independents, hey, look we're both interested in improving healthcare in america, but a typical program doesn't work, huge increases, driving out insurance companies, etset et setera. a normal candidate could be making it for months but donald trump, i don't think he can't. >> why can't he? >> you showed he doesn't know anything about healthcare and talking about how his employees are on obamacare. there is talk, obamacare is driving up premiums for company-provided insurance, but his employees are not on obamacare, because obamacare is an individual insurance market. again, the normal candidate would have become -- would have made himself or herself versed enough in the issue that when a news story like this broke, he -- he or she would know enough or study enough to get on the issue or make a coherent argument, stay on it for several
7:18 pm
days and laid the groundwork. trump's done none of that. >> you have to know what you're talking about if you want to make the argument. >> i think you've seen bill say three or four times a normal candidate. >> and that's what we have. he's not a normal candidate. he doesn't know the details of obamacare and doesn't know what he's proposed as an alternative and he says it's going to be so great and easy. where are the details? he can't speak about them and gloria said he can't stay on message. it's a minute on obamacare and he's swerving to the polls or rigged. you need to stay on message and as bill said, be a normal candidate. this is a great closing issue but it's not going to work. >> i want to read an interview with donald trump, michael d antonio, reporter and biography. he said for the most part you can't respect people because most people aren't worthy of respect, frank. does that explain some of trump's behavior during this
7:19 pm
campaign season? >> it sure seems to. he seems to have insulted just about everyone, and updates all of the spread he's insulted. it's such a big crowd. you can only insult that many people if you have that philosophy that most people don't deserve respect and i think more than anything else, more than the issue, why obamacare isn't that big in these closing weeks, more than anything else, it's the way donald trump treats other people, it's the viciousness, the vulgarity, that is losing him the election and is why so many voters are turning away. >> the line that jumped out from that "new york times" story, the portion that i read earlier online was, this interview was from 2014, friendly interview, writing a biography of trump and hes says who are your heroes.
7:20 pm
either you have a true answer you have heroes or you have a prepared answer of people you should say are heroes because other people think they behave heroical heroically. he said i don't have any heroes. i'm not a psychiatrist, but i'm sure a psychiatrist could go on at great length to peoples' answer is not in a hostile way. >> i fell if we had video, we would have seen mr. trump looking for a mirror. >> there's more audio from the interview. let's listen to the clip. >> vision is the most important thing. the most-important thing is vision. the most-important thing is being able to have the proper vision and then never quitting. you know, a lot of people say you have to -- you can never give up. you can give up if you have a stupid vision. i always say vision is the most important thing. you need the proper vision and you have to have the ability to get it done. >> so trump's vision is one that
7:21 pm
millions find compelling and more see as ug liaee augly and >> we can debate how everybody was attracted to him, and the other candidates blew themselves up, and i think it does show he did a clear message, america's going on the wrong direction, going to make america great, i'm going to build a wall, and renegotiate the trade deals. i don't think it's a very serious or substantive message and ultimately we're going in the wrong direction, but having a simple and clear message often beats a much more complex and muted and guarded message and i guess there are real lessons for democratic politics. >> i want to move on now and talk about the wikileaks in reference to hillary clinton's e-mail server, and it says jen you probably have more on this,
7:22 pm
but it looks like potus found out hrc was using her personal e-mail in the news, then the e-mail makes its way to the top cliento clinton advisor, and she writes john podesta, we need to clean this up. he has e-mails from her. they did not say "state.gov," proving president obama was in on the scandal. who is right here? >> i don't know who is right, but what i do know is that this would be an enormous issue in these closing weeks of the campaign if it weren't for donald trump. it's fascinating to me that hillary clinton has always said during her career she gets the short end of the stick with the media and she's often been right about that and she's catching an enormous break, which is the wikileaks story, and all the things we're seeing would be dominating your newscast if her opponent was not donald trump, someone who every day, in every way, provides juicier fodder,
7:23 pm
bigger scandals, greater outrages so we're not even going to end up having to sort through all that and that's not going to have much of an impact because there's this bigger presence in the race, and this bigger scandal, which is donald trump. >> is frank right that he sort of steps on his own message? ee even today -- i think he got off the plane in florida, and he said i was just watching the news channels and he's saying there's not that many news people, and you're saying the crooked media, and the obamacare, where is that? >> fundamentally, trump is the issue because about 60% of americans don't think he's basically fundamentally qualified or pfit to be presidet and once make that judgment, you can have an opponent that have foolish choices with the server, you can have obamacare failing, american troops fighting in iraq, maybe a failed foreign policy. if you would have said here's
7:24 pm
what's going to happen in the end of the campaign, a huge amount of embarrassing e-mails, about the democratic organization blowing up, and isis, and iran and all this stuff going on in the world, i would have said ge, republicans have a pretty good choice of winning. i would have said ge, the republicans have a pretty good chance of winning. donald trump does not have a chance of winning the election. >> bill frank, thank you, gentlemen. up next you can probably guess who oprah wants to you vote for but you may be surprised just what she has to say about hillary clinton. ♪ ♪ ♪ one smart choice leads to the next. ♪ the new 2017 ford fusion is here.
7:25 pm
it's the beauty of a well-made choice. ♪ upgrade your phone system and learn how you could save at vonage.com/business
7:26 pm
"yyou just double thetchen's great. heyheat--right?" somethig to cook faster, "no reason." "hey mom, for laundry, the maximum load is just a suggestion--right?" "oh--that makes sense." "ummm--mom, how do i monitor my credit?" "ok. thanks mom." "that was easy." "sign up for credit karma's free credit monitoring today. (ee-e-e-oh-mum-oh-weh) (hush my darling...) (don't fear my darling...) (the lion sleeps tonight.) (hush my darling...) man snoring (don't fear my darling...)
7:27 pm
(the lion sleeps tonight.) woman snoring take the roar out of snore. yet another innovation only at a sleep number store. teachers, firefighters and nurss support prop 51. prop 51 repairs older schools and removes dangerous lead paint and pipes ensuring classrooms are safe for all students. for safe schools vote yes on 51.
7:28 pm
teachers, nurses and firefightes support prop 51. prop 51 will upgrade libraries, science labs, and classroom technology and relieve school overcrowding creating more opportunity . . . and better learning for students help students succeed vote yes on 51. there's no surprise oprah winfrey supports hillary clinton, but you may be surprised to hear what else she says about the candidate. oprah sat down with bishop t.d. jakes here's part of that. >> there really is no choice, people. all the people talking about they can't decide. there's not a person in the room
7:29 pm
who hasn't been in the same conversation people just said i don't know if i like her. she's not coming over to your house. you don't have to like her. you don't have to like her. do you like this country? >> i hear. >> you do you like this country? you better get out there and vote. >> i love this country. >> joining me now, t.d. jakes, the author of destiny step into your purpose. so good to have you on. how you doing? >> i'm doing real good, don. thank you for making room. >> you're quite welcome. congratulations on your interview with oprah. >> it was a great interview. >> it's going to air on thursday. she's talking about her endorsement of hillary clinton. you don't have to like her to vote for her. what did she mean by that? >> first of all, don, it was very interesting. as a profile interview we cover her life and want to celebrate
7:30 pm
30 years since she got on talk show, so we talked about every facet of life. i didn't really and her about hillary clinton, but she said you don't have to like her because she knows that so many people find mrs. clinton not likeable, or should i say some people do and she's responding to this narrative and this conversation that she thinks is prevalent in the country that's giving people angst for voting for her as a presidential candidate. >> so back in 2007, oprah famously -- she was still on tv then, famously endorsed barack obama for president. it was a bit different of her endorsement of hillary clinton, let's watch this. >> it is the same question our nation is asking, are you the one? are you the one? i'm here to tell you, iowa, he is the one.
7:31 pm
>> i just caught myself. oprah is still on television. she had her oprah winfrey show then. does that tone strike you as di different than the endorsement? >> totally. she was on the trail for president obama. the atmosphere was in such a way she traveled extensively. she has not done with that hillary clinton. this just popped out of the conversation in a very organic sort of way and a bit of a humorous sort of way if you saw the way she did it in humorous way. she goes on to say several comments about her thoughts on when to say something if at all, because there was such an acr o acrimonius setting, and she's saying her voice can't be heard -- >> i have that if you want to
7:32 pm
hear it. >> sure. >> you said it was organic, maybe that speaks to how strongly she feels about it. here she and. >> the reason why i haven't been vocal, i didn't know what to say that could pierce through all the noise and the chaos and the disgusting vit real that's gues on. >> and now she's saying it on your show. what do you think about that? >> really it's interesting. we're down to the last two weeks and serve talking about it whether you're oprah winfrey or sally johnson. how you can be in america and not be hung up in this conversation? i remained nonpartisan and didn't know what was going to come up. i can understand everybody has an opinion, the cabdriver, everybody is talking about this election. >> oh, yeah. >> oprah is on either level. when she says something t carries a different level of
7:33 pm
weight and force behind it because she has been in america's homes for 30 years. there are many, many people who might give it much more credence than they would the taxi cabdriver. she covers the breadth and the length of it. what we were really talking about were women's issues and where she sees women going in the country and what's happening in the workplace and out of that question, this conversation moved in that direction. she has really been a ceiling breaker herself, so i was curious to see what he thoughts were and what her narrative would be about women moving into positions of leadership not just in the government but all across the country and what does that mean for the country and what adjustments do we need to make to make the playing floor level and equitiable for all people. >> something says you've done this before. that's what i want to talk about next. hillary clinton and oprah spoke about shattering this glass
7:34 pm
ceiling. >> i see we're about to have a woman president, i see that, and that means the ceiling has been shattered for all times for every other woman to rise to. you know, the whole purpose of fame, notoriety, celebrity, power, brokers and makers in my opinion is to let the rest of the world know that is possible and when you can look at some be who has done something like hillary clinton's about to do, done something that extraordinary, what it speaks to is what it is within yourself that can do the same. it means that is possible. >> so do you get the sense, bishop, she relates to her personally as two women who have shattered glass ceilings? >> i kind of look at it this way and i don't want to speak for oprah because i don't know what he intention was but i think she was saying something similar to
7:35 pm
what people were color were ssa saying when president obama was elected it was the first time in the country blacks and brown children could look at the barrage of presidents and leadership and see anybody that remotely looked like them and that principle alone made it possible for little children to grasp the notion that it is possible in this country to move into that realm of leadership. but i posted something i believe in "time" magazine at the time that president obama was elected, i said we have to move quickly beyond the fanciful notions of this historical moment as illustrious and amazing as it is, because we have real problems and that is also truth now, whether hillary clinton becomes president or donald trump or whoever, there's much to be death within thlt wi country. i'm worried about how they unify the nation and they never seen us to close to the edge in terms of discention and when you look
7:36 pm
at the economy is needing to grow, we have global unrest and i think while that is very, very important that little girls be able to see themselves, white, black, brown children can see representative of themselves and every aspect of our government, what we really need is a great leader and i hope that america is looking for a great leader and not just a personality. >> what -- did she say anything about donald trump? >> no, not -- not by name at all. no, she didn't really mention him. because again this was not really a political forum. it really was a profile piece on her life, but you can't talk about women shattering she'llin ceilings to an oprah and it not come up in because in reality she has sh shattered so many she'llings and because under estimated, and
7:37 pm
know what is it's like to be marsha analyz marginalized. we've talked about the fight building on, coming on the air with her talk show, many other accomplishments, believe schools in south africa, and one of the things i thought was really notable, because we have known eve other so long, i've never seen oprah give an interview, an hour-long interview that comfortable and relaxed. it felt like we were in starbucks somewhere having a cup of coffee. i don't think this is a political statement like the prepared statement that you just played with president obama. this is just two people having a conversation. >> yeah. >> that cameras overheard. >> i think it was very -- and that's because you have gotten so great at this talk show thing so if you're not watching the t.d. jakes show, you're missing out. >> and she looks great by the way and thank you for keeping me sane through this political process when i text and you call you after the shows.
7:38 pm
>> my prayers are all over everybody. i'm praying for everybody. >> thank you, bishop. i appreciate you coming on. >> thanks for having me. take da take care. michael moore tells me why it took him to support hillary clinton. nah. what else? what if we hire more sales reps? ♪ nah. what else? what if we digitize the whole supply chain? so people can customize their bike before they buy it. that worked better than expected. i'll dial it back. yeah, dial it back. just a little. live business, powered by sap. when you run live, you run simple.
7:39 pm
7:40 pm
7:41 pm
7:42 pm
all right. i think you're really going to like this conversation. two weeks to go until election day and the polls are in hillary clinton's favor, and there are signs she is winning over democrats who haven't always been with her. one of them is michael moore, academy award winning director, "michael moore in trumpland." thank you for coming on. >> thank you for coming having . we're going to talk politics. >> anything you want to do. >> okay. here's what you said -- you talked about in july -- we'll put that up. you haven't always been a fan of hillary clinton. you were a fan of bernie sanders, right? >> yeah. >> worked for him, voted for him, in '08. >> why the change? >> no change. ever since she was first lady i thought she was a remarkable
7:43 pm
woman, a lot of integrity was there to fight for the people especially with the whole healthcare thing. she went into -- when they got elect audio when she w ele ele elected -- when they were the co-president, they thought there should be universal healthcare. she worked so hard and was destroyed over it, attacked. they humiliated her. the whole thing went down to defeat and i thought back then -- this was 1993, '94, there is somebody that cares about the people and is willing to put her head on the chopping block. i disagree with her politically, which is why i voted for obama in the primaries in '08 and bernie this year because she voted for the iraq war, she's too close to wall street, i mean, the things that probably
7:44 pm
any bernie voter would tell you that we're concerned about. >> the initial things about healthcare and what she did the for country, donald trump said very similar things about her until maybe a year or two when he started to run for president. >> yes, i interviewed trump in 1998 and i -- there's small clip of that in my film where i asked him about her and he just lavishes praise about her. >> so in july you wrote this piece, listing five reasons why you think donald trump will win including what you call the rust belt brexit, the last stand of the angry white man, the expressed vote, and the jesse ventura vote. so do you think those reasons have changed at all? >> no, those are all the reasons why if he's able to pull it off, it will be because on that day, a lot of angry white guys, a lot of guys who have actually adjustifiyable right to be angry, guys and women, in the
7:45 pm
midwest, in the rust belt, who have suffered during the last -- really the last decade or two, and have had it. and they see trump as their -- as their human molotov cocktail. i grew up with 52-- i live in michigan and a lot of people see him -- not because they agree with him -- the opportunity to use him to just whip him right into the system and blow it up. >> you say they have a right to be upset, right? >> yes. >> minorities, women have a right to be upset. >> absolutely. >> there are a lot of folks so why is it -- are they entitled to be upset because of -- >> they are diluted to entitled upset. not more entitled and in the past, african-american, women
7:46 pm
and others have formed movements to organize themselves politically and express their anger and run candidates and get them elected. the white working class has not figured out a way to do that, and has reacted in this vis ear c earl sort of way and responds to the dog whistle and has been manipulated whether the other is mexican, muslim or whatever. so trump has very expertly figured out how to appeal to people that -- that are down on their luck who used to be in the middle class and are no longer there, and -- and i'm not saying that their response to him is right, i'm just saying we had all better recognize it because they're -- november 8th, it's the second tuesday of november, not the first tuesday. usually we vote on the first tuesday. in michigan and ohio and pennsylvania and wisconsin, we call the second tuesday winter, and this is going to be about who gets out the most people to
7:47 pm
vote. >> you talk about more about this in trump land. we'll be right back and continue to discuss. don't go anywhere.
7:48 pm
7:49 pm
7:50 pm
you foundi'm a robot! cars.com rawr yeti and found a place to service it, too. ♪ jingle bells now when you're ready, you can sell your old car and find your new one all on cars.com you know us for shopping, and now we're there for every turn. cars.com that can camp out in between our teeth, if we'll let it. use gum® brand. soft-picks®. proxabrush® cleaners. flossers and dental floss. gum® brand.
7:51 pm
7:52 pm
7:53 pm
michael moore's latest movie is "michael moore in trump land" and he's back to talk about that. he's a clip, "michael moore in trump land." >> you live here in ohio, you know what i'm talking about. whether trump means or not, is kind of relevant because he's saying things to people who are hurting and that's why every beaten-down nameless, forgotten working stiff who used to be part of the middle class loves trump. he's the human molotov cocktail they've been waiting for. the human hand grenade they can legally throw into the systems that stole their lives from them, and on november 8th, election day, although they lost their jobs, although they have been foreclosed on by the bank, next came the divorce and now the wife and kids are gone, their car has been repoed, they haven't had a real vacation in years, they're stuck with the obamacare [ bleep ] bronze plan. they've essentially lost everything they've hexcept one thing, the one thing that doesn't , the right to vote. >> okay. so how is that different than any other struggling american of color or single mother, or -- because i asked you before -- >> yes. >> -- do they have more of a right to be upset than any -- because you know, some people say now they know how it feels to be back. to be back. >> yeah, well
7:54 pm
7:55 pm
7:56 pm
7:57 pm
7:58 pm
7:59 pm
woman: how do we protect them from $4 billion in new cuts to california schools?
8:00 pm
man: vote yes on proposition 55. woman: prop 55 doesn't raise taxes on anyone. man: not on working californians, not small businesses. no one. woman: instead, prop 55 simply maintains the current tax rate on the wealthiest californians. man: so those who can most afford it continue paying their fair share... woman: ...to prevent new education cuts... man: ...and keep improving california's schools. woman: vote yes on prop 55 to help our children thrive.

162 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on