Skip to main content

tv   CNN Tonight With Don Lemon  CNN  November 4, 2016 11:00pm-12:01am PDT

11:00 pm
quick programming note about tuesday election day. we will have all day coverage here on cnn. that's it for us tonight. thank for watching. cnn with don lemon starts now. >> announcer: this is cnn breaking news. again, by electing the first woman president, yes, we have to vote. the world looks to us as a progressive country that needs -- leads change. eight years ago, i was so inspired to know that my nephew, a young, black child, could grow up knowing his dreams could be realized by witnessing a black president in office. >> you might recognize her that
11:01 pm
is beyonce, just getting information at cleveland state university in cleveland, ohio, at a big get out the vote rally for hillary clinton. queen b on stage. this is "cnn tonight," i'm don lemon. let's listen a little more. >> we have to think about the future of our daughters, our sons, and vote for someone who cares for them as much as we do, and that is why i'm with her. if you are ready for freedom, make some noise. if you're ready for freedom, make some noise! ♪ if you're ready for freedom, make some noise! ♪ ♪
11:02 pm
>> try to rain, try to rain, tell the storm, i'm new. i'm going to march, on the regular ♪ ♪ paint white flags blue. look at me, i've been true ♪ i'm going to rain, i'm going to rain, tell the sweet i knew ♪ i'm telling these tears fall away, fall away, may the last one burn into flames ♪ freedom, freedom, cut me loose ♪ freedom, freedom, where are you? i need freedom, too ♪
11:03 pm
>> so don't get mad at me but we've got to actually get to brianna keilar who is at the star-studied clinton rally where beyonce is on stage right now and of course ohio in play right now. brianna take us there. what's going on? what's the night been like? >> reporter: you know what, don, you cannot hear you. that's how loud it is. i hope you can hear me. i can't even hear myself speak at this point. but i'll tell you, what we saw first was jay-z. that was what everyone thought they were here to see and there was rumors about beyonce coming. as it turns out e she is the headliner, speaking to this crowd here in cleveland as a mother to a daughter, ivy blue, and trying to get this crowd to go out and vote. this is not going to be an easy state for hillary clinton. the latest quinnipiac poll here shows you are down five
11:04 pm
points. and the clinton campaign really feels that the key to her success here will be young african-american voters and that's who hillary clinton is trying to reach out to with the star power of jay-z and beyonce. the center here in downtown cleveland is packed to the gills. and folks are excited about hearing this message and the question is, is this going to translate to votes and her winning here on tuesday, don. >> all right, brianna keilar, i won't ask you a question because i know you can't hear me there, but again that's beyonce on stage in cleveland, ohio. as she said, as brianna was saying, it was supposed to have been jay-z. there were rumors beyonce was going to perform. we weren't quite sure. there was a picture that came out on social media, not sure if you saw it earlier with hillary clinton and jay-z and beyonce. it points right to beyonce. any way that's the scene in cleveland, ohio tonight, and we're going to continue to follow that and talk about that. of course ohio very important in
11:05 pm
this election and as it's always said, as ohio goes, so goes the rest of the country, but we shall see this time. we'll continue to watch that. donald trump campaigning in pennsylvania tonight, and saying this about the star power at his rival's event. >> i hear we set a new record for this building, and by the way, i didn't have to bring j. lo or jay-z. the only way she gets anybody. i'm here all by myself. i am here all by myself. just me, no guitar, no piano, no nothing. >> no beyonce, right? now let's turn to our new electoral map. here with me, mark preston, david swerdlick here, as well, and david chalian is at the magic wall for us. david, you first. >> don we've made some
11:06 pm
significant changes to the map. here's the old map the way it did look. here is the new map. what changed, four moves all in donald trump's direction. we moved new hampshire from a lean democratic state to a toss-up battleground. ohio went from battleground to lean republican. same with utah. battleground to lean republican and with this congressional district up in maine, we went from battleground to lean republican. all good news for donald trump, no doubt. now let's look though at his path to 270 electoral votes. so, how does he add to that 204 total, he has to sweep arizona, nevada, florida, north carolina, and new hampshire. he has to sweep all those battlegrounds. he's still one short. where does he go find it? well, in nebraska. they also award their electoral votes by congressional district that district around omaha, is up for grabs. if he is able to win that
11:07 pm
district, boom, he's up 270 electoral votes. it is still a steep climb, but a little less steep of a climb than it oncest was. hillary clinton's electoral vote map. this is the new battleground map. she's at 268. she's fallen below the 270 mark, but she only needs one state. she's got to flip one battleground to get there even the smallest state, new hampshire, four electoral votes that gets her to 270 electoral votes. she's got to flip one state, and donald trump still needs to sweep the map of the battlegrounds. >> david chalian, thank you very much. now i want to turn to mark preston and david swerdlick, everybody in formation swearing pant suits. wonder what that means. mark, you first. this big concert, and beyonce, huge, and clinton will be campaigning with lebron james on sunday. do you think these megaevents
11:08 pm
translate into votes? >> yeah, certainly they do, not because people come to see beyonce, but because people get to see beyonce and they get cajoled by the hillary clinton staffers who are there who try to get you to the polls and ensure that you're voting either early or you're going to plan on being there on election day. they collect your names and your e-mail address, your telephone number. they try to do anything they can to try to get you to get to the polls. and you pointed out lebron james will be with her on sunday. but that's just not it. they are going all in. they have katy perry in philadelphia tomorrow with hillary clinton. tonight, stevie wonder was in philadelphia for get out the vote really. john bon jovi is in north carolina and florida this weekend. james taylor we saw earlier this week with president obama. we saw farrell last night with north carolina. the clintons are doing all they can to attract african-american
11:09 pm
voters and young young voters to come to them so they can get them to the polls. >> david, listen, i know people at home are saying we just want to watch and listen to beyonce. there are restrictions. we took as much of it as we could. but there are restrictions and we have to play by the rules. you'll hear more and when we can dip back in, we will. trust me, everybody stand by. do you think this translates into votes, david? >> i think it translates into enthusiasm and it translates into the ability of the clinton campaign at these events where you have a lot of the obama coalition turning out to encourage people to vote who haven't already, or let people know they can same day register in some of these places but at this point, a lot of this stuff is baked in, something like over 30 million people have voted already, that's probably a third or a fourth of all the people that are going to vote in this election. so i do think that it's helping the clinton campaign generation
11:10 pm
enthusiasm, but i'm not sure how much it's going to work on the margin. i personally think ohio will be very tough for clinton, because if you look at the real clear politics she's down by about three points and she's been consistently down for weeks and weeks so if i were the clinton campaign, i'm looking to turnout the younger and latino and african-american voters in those other states that were on that map that david was showing. florida, nevada, new hampshire, and holding on to pennsylvania. >> do you think beyonce can get to all of those states in time to help? >> no, but that star-studied lineup that mark just ran down, it's not quite the beehive, but it's good. john bon jovi and stevie wonder, kitty perry, there was a video cut by lena dunham. and donald trump talked about this idea that he doesn't need stars to draw crowds and he's right in a sense, but symbolically it soes the culture, the youth, the people
11:11 pm
who represent the obama coalition are with hillary. that's illustrated here tonight. >> and that was a concern, especially with millennial, have heard especially since the comey letter came out maybe this sort of tamped down the enthusiasm from millennial who people who are on the fence and these last-minute big names may help push her back up with that demographic. >> she certainly needs to. we haven't seen the fallout from the comey letter but the fact of the matter is it has to have had a negative effect on hillary clinton in parts of the obama coalition who were on the fence. if we go back through early voting, which you and i have talked about the last couple nights here on the show, the fact of the matter is we have seen a drop in african-american participation, which we should expect. barack obama was the first african-american president who was reelected so you would hope to see a higher african-american participation. where they are seeing a higher
11:12 pm
participation for democrats is among hispanic and latino voters. they are seeing a spike in numbers from previous elections, so that is some good news. at the same time we're dealing with a trump phenomenon, and he's been able to attract an incredible amount of support and much like beyonce, as a super star, a lot of people look at donald trump in the same way, he was a reality tv super star. >> all right. gentlemen, thank you very much. i appreciate that. again, you're watching beyonce on stage in cleveland, ohio there, for hillary clinton at a big get out the vote rally. we'll be right back after this. but first a little bit more beyonce. geen w. -- queen b. "whatcha doin?"
11:13 pm
"just checking my free credit score at credit karma. "what the?" "don't you know that checking your credit score lowers it." "actually, checking your own credit score with credit karma doesn't affect it at all." "i guess i could just check my credit score then." "check out credit karma today." for patients like lynn, advanced genomic testing may lead to other treatment options that can work. learn how genomic testing is changing the way we fight cancer at cancercenter.com/genomics
tv-commercial
11:14 pm
hillary clinton: i'm hillary clinton and i approve this message. vo: in times of crisis america depends on steady leadership. donald trump: "knock the crap out of them, would you? seriously..."vo: clear thinking... donald trump: "i know more about isis than the generals do, believe me." vo: and calm judgment. donald trump: "and you can tell them to go fu_k themselves." vo: because all it takes is one wrong move. donald trump audio only: "i would bomb the sh_t out of them." vo: just one.
11:15 pm
♪ where do you think you're going-going, girl? ♪ ♪ ♪ girl, where do you think you're going? ♪ ♪ just look at those two. happy. in love. and saving so much money on their car insurance by switching to geico... well, just look at this setting. do you have the ring? oh, helzberg diamonds. another beautiful setting. i'm not crying. i've just got a bit of sand in my eyes, that's all. geico. fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent or more on car insurance.
11:16 pm
all right. we're back. we'll check back in at that rally in cleveland, ohio, where beyonce is. approximating in just a moment. there are four days until the election and hillary clinton is counting on the strong support of the latino support. and joining us is former campaign manager for carly fiorina, and enrique santos. radioand tv host. thank you for joining with beyonce music in the back. maria -- sorry, sara, i want to start with you. we've been talking about the black vote being down and there is evidence there's huge growing hispanic vote that it is way up in miami and that'll help in florida. what are you hearing?
11:17 pm
>> as of today it looks like the hispanic vote has increased about 152% over 2012 numbers. this is enormous. and if hillary wins, it will be because of the hispanic vote, no question. look at a state like nevada that trump would need in order to get that path. nevada will have a high hispanic population, and you have hillary clinton playing in arizona for some reason where the early vote numbers make it looks like trump's going to do just fine in arizona and hillary really should have to the states she needed to win. not try to expand the map. >> enrik reek a, you interviewed both hillary clinton and donald trump this week. and you took a selfie with hillary clinton. they both emphasized how important it was to get out the vote, according to the early voting, up 129% from 2008. what is motivating these voters >> what trump said, and what was said in the primaries, got a lot
11:18 pm
of people to open their eyes, and to realize what he's really about, and preaching and it scared people. that's what i get from listening to my listeners, and the comments from social media. he scared a lot of people to really get their vote out there, especially the latinos, not just the mexicans. of course we know that donald trump said they're bringing drugs or mexicans and rapists and this, that and the other, but that plays into not just mexicans. latinos, war very passionate, and united. we care about our mexican brothers and sisters and all of the latinos in the country and immigrants, as well, so i think that that -- >> go ahead, finish your thought. >> he kind of did the work for us. >> i want you to listen to this. i've been asking people at these big events like cleveland if it helps with the youth and minority vote. let's listen and take it back to our segment. >> as you look at somebody, when i look at you, i see your
11:19 pm
parents, i say oh that's your parents. you're a parent, excuse me. that's my new york accent. once i get to know you, i know who you are. when i know who you are, all those things disappear, no color, no gender, no social status. because the soul is colorless, our soul is colorless and i want to grow up in the world where my daughter has no limitation, where our daughter has no limitations, she can be whatever she wants to be in the world and this other guy, i don't have any ill-will towards him, but his conversation is divisive and that's not an evolved soul to me so he cannot be my president. he cannot be our president. once you divide us, you weaken us. we're stronger together. once you divide us, you weaken us. we are stronger together.
11:20 pm
and without further ado, i would like to introduce to you, the next president of the united states, ms. hillary clinton! [ cheers and applause ] >> thank you! hello cleveland! what an incredible show.
11:21 pm
i just can't thank -- thank i just can't thank -- thank you all and thank you to jay-z and beyonce, and thank you to chance the rapper and jay coal and big shawn! when i see them here this passion and energy and intensity, i don't even know where to begin because this is what america is, my friends. we have a woman who is an inspiration to so many others. i thank her. i thank beyonce for standing up and showing the world we are strongest when we look out for each other and i thank jay for addressing in his music, some of
11:22 pm
our biggest challenges in the country. poverty, racism, the urgent need for criminal justice reform. and remember, jay memoribly said something we all should recall. rosa marks sat so martin luther could walk, and martin luther walked so barack obama could run and barack obama ran so all the children could fly! well, we have unfinished business to do. more barriers to break, and with your help, a glass ceiling to crack once and for all! i want to be a president who
11:23 pm
helps everybody fulfill their god-given potential, and i can't do that unless on tuesday, we decide what kind of country we want to be. will we reject a dark and divisive vision for our future, and embrace a hopeful, inclusive, unified america? so please take this energy out with you here in cuyahoga county every day's election day. we can have the biggest turnout in history. >> all right. so that's hillary clinton on stage, introduced by beyonce and jay-z. jay-z did the introductions. i want to get back to my guest. sara flores, former deputy campaign manager for carly
11:24 pm
fiorina, and enrique santos. a radio and tv host out of miami. they were talking about dividing people, exactly what enrique was speaking about before we dipped into that. that message, do you think it resonates to hispanic, to young people, minorities enough to make a difference out there? >> you know, i think at this point -- >> absolutely. >> -- the opinion of the two candidates is kind of baked. you have hillary and donald trump's unfavorable numbers about even, and the trust numbers just slightly above his. obviously, this is a great geotv effort. it would be great during the day. i'm sure they'll see some uptick tomorrow. the problem is hillary's ground game hasn't really been the vaunted '08 numbers. she had to go to michigan today which is not a state that should be in play for them. i think this is a great photo op. i think this will be great for young people to some extent. does it move them to the polls, probably not.
11:25 pm
>> enrique, you said you're scared some may not vote. why is that? >> let me touch on the heels what she just said. this is much more powerful than a photo op. when you hear the words of jay z, speaking from the heart, if you heard what he said, dividing instead of conquer, is basically his message and that's what donald trump has done from the beginning is he's -- his divisive message has divided our country and i truly feel that our country is divided right now and there's a lot of undecided people, independents, republicans, democrats, that when they hear jay-z speak from the heart when, they hear jennifer lopez was together with me and mark anthony last saturday with more than 8,000 people, in downtown miami, and you hear them speaking from the heart and these are people that you know, the -- it's resinating with them, and they're speaking from the heart so i think there's a lot of undecided people that will be voting in states here like florida and
11:26 pm
people will be voting tomorrow and saturday, a lot of undecided people and i think messages like jay-z do resinate and are hitting the heart. >> all right. enrique, and sara, thank you very much. stay tuned to cnn for all day election coverage tuesday and there, jay-z performing in ohio. much more to come. let him play us to break. ♪ ♪ let's his the ace again, missy missy, like the three of my -- you know it's hell ♪ when i come through, ♪ it's a hard-knock life for us ♪ ♪ i see y'all storming together.
11:27 pm
with directv and at&t you can stream your favorite shows without using your data. that makes you more powerful than being stuck in an elevator with a guy with overactive sweat glands. sorry, rode my bike today. cool. hey it's your tv, take it with you. watch all your live directv channels, on at&t, data-free.
11:28 pm
for the holidays. before his mom earned 1% cash back everywhere, every time. [ dinosaur growls ] and his dad earned 2% back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs. yeah! even before they earned 3% back on gas. danny's parents used their bankamericard cash rewards credit card to give him the best day ever. that's the joy of rewarding connections. learn more at bankofamerica.com/getcashback. but zzzquil is different have pain medicine because why would you take a pain medicine when all you want is good sleep? zzzquil: a non-habit forming sleep-aid that's not for pain, just for sleep.
11:29 pm
teachers, nurses and firefightes support prop 51. prop 51 will upgrade libraries, science labs, and classroom technology and relieve school overcrowding creating more opportunity . . . and better learning for students help students succeed vote yes on 51. want a great way to help our children thrive? then be sure to vote yes on proposition 55. prop 55 doesn't raise taxes on anyone. instead, it simply maintains the current tax rate on the wealthiest californians to prevent education cuts that would hurt our kids. no wonder prop 55 is endorsed by the california pta, teachers and educators. because all of us want to help our children thrive. it's time to vote yes on proposition 55.
11:30 pm
teachers, firefighters and nurss support prop 51. prop 51 repairs older schools and removes dangerous lead paint and pipes ensuring classrooms are safe for all students. for safe schools vote yes on 51. more breaking news tonight, barack obama saying agencies like the fbi must remain
11:31 pm
non-partisan and guard against influencing electioning, insisting no one should be affected by innuendos including presidential candidates. also tonight, democrats calling for alleged leaks at the fbi. let's discuss with former federal prosecutor for the southern district of new york, criminal defense attorney page pate and jeffrey toobin, cnn's senior legal analyst. thank you so much for joining us for the jay-z and beyonce concert. i want to play something. this is very serious business we brought up yesterday on the show we raised. play something that donald trump adviser rudy giuliani said, sent his game changing letter a week ago is getting some new attention today, here it is. >> and i think he's got a surprise or two that you're going to hear about in the next two days. i mean, i'm talking about some pretty big surprises. >> i heard you say that this morning. what do you mean? >> you'll see. >> stay tuned. rudy giuliani, you're lucky. because we've gtd to go.
11:32 pm
i'm out of town. or otherwise i'd keep pressing you. >> we're not going to go down and we're certainly not going to stop fighting. we've got a couple things up our sleeve that should turn this around in a way -- even the liberal polls will get to see it. >> so john what's your reaction to that? does that seem like he knew something was coming? >> yeah, it certainly does. also for first time when i've seen this a couple times now when he said up my sleeve, all i could think of was dirty sicks -- tricks and not cyst since tricky dick in '72, 44 years ago have we seen something like this. i thought the lars larson interview -- >> you are reading ahead in the textbook. >> well, i didn't know. that's my reaction, it is a dirty trick. >> i want to play your reaction. wolf blitzer asked him today what it was all about, this was his response. >> i was actually talking about the advertising campaign that you were referencing earlier that i knew was going to come as
11:33 pm
a big surprise, and there were about four different formulations of it at that point that we had in mind and i didn't know which one we were going to use, but i knew one was going to be a big surprise. i wasn't referring to any possible information about e-mails or that sort of thing. >> busted, is what -- my reaction is he's busted. he lost that cackle. he lost that happiness. he was in the chair the spotlight was on him. i see mike wallace in my mind. >> but all seriousness, he was excited about an upcoming campaign ad. that must have been some ad and i'm being serious here. >> yeah, i'm sure. like the daisy ad except he fed it. the real question is not what he heard. he says rumors are sort of like trump's idea of rumors. many are saying, i think this is different, and this is fact of truth and the question isn't so much what he was told as what he did, and i don't
11:34 pm
believe he was immovable on this. >> jeffrey toobin, this is what giuliani told fox this morning when asked whether he knew about the fbi probe before it was announced. here it is. >> so this has been boiling up in the fbi for sometime. >> did you know? >> i did nothing to get it out. i had no roll in it. i did hear about it? you're darn right i can't hear about it and i can't repeat the language, all i heard were former fbi agents telling me is there is a revolution going on inside the fbi and it's now at a boiling point. >> jeffrey, top democrats seized sending a letter to to the d.o.j. asking to investigate possible leaks to the trump campaign. how serious is this? >> i think it's very serious, but a lot bigger than rudy giuliani. what happened here is that when comey sent his letter, he didn't even mention in the letter it had anything to do with anthony weiner. the fact this investigation, the unnamed investigation was in fact the anthony weiner investigation, leaked almost
11:35 pm
immediately. but then, there has been a torrent of leaks out of the fbi about the nature of this investigation, how much progress has been made, and i think the fact that this is all coming out as a result of comey's letter, both before in terms of giuliani's statement and afterwards with all these other leaks, suggests that fbi is really out of control when it comes to leaks and it's entirely appropriate for there to be an investigation. >> and you can barely contain yourself but i want to play something before you respond. giuliani says he was only talking about former fbi agents, okay? but wolf blitzer pressed him on this today, which is a lars larson thing. that was mentioned earlier. but listen to this. >> you were on the lars larson radio show the other day and you said you are getting that kind of information from active fbi agents, so you used that term. i just want to make sure we're
11:36 pm
getting that right. we listened to the audio and you were talking about current fbi agents, at least in that radio interview with lars larson. >> the information i've been getting is from former fbi agents. >> so you misspoke to lars larson? >> if i did say that, that was wrong. i have not -- i have not spoken to a on-duty fbi agent about anything, i guess, for the last ten months. i don't know. i've actually never talked about this investigation to any current member of the justice department or current fbi agent. i don't know if i can make it any clearer than that. you can look at my telephone records, if you want. i don't -- i don't acid bleach my e-mails. >> so paige are you confident we're getting the whole story here? >> i'm not at all confident. in fact, rudy giuliani looks like a criminal defendant under
11:37 pm
interrogation at that point. he looks like he's not telling us something, and these are somehow the result of james comey's letter to the fbi. i don't think that at all. in fact this is another reason i think comey was right to issue the letter when he did. he did not cause these leaks but he knew these leaks were coming so wouldn't it be better for there to be an official letter from the director of the fbi, not asuesing anyone of anything, but saying we found additional e-mails we need to review them and this is inconsistent with what i told congress earlier so i'm clarifying the record. not saying anything more about it, not the substance of the investigation, not the details of the investigation, but i think he did that try to head off some of these leaks, not to encourage them. >> hey, page, how did that go, the heading off the leaks, do you think that was a big success? >> leaks were inevitable, jeffrey. they were going to happen. what does james comey going do? he cannot control or put a mouth piece or some sort of tape over
11:38 pm
the mouth of every agent in the fbi. we know they're frustrated. someone didn't believe this is a political decision. >> they can't stake a crime against anybody they don't have evidence of doing anything wrong. >> they thought they had sufficient evidence to produce prosecute hillary clinton, and the justice department for political reasons decided not to pursue that. >> page, i believe i should make $500 million a year, but my boss doesn't believe the same thing, so am i going to go to a newspaper? scream it around? what you're saying is not making any sense. just because someone believes and the boss doesn't, the boss is the boss. >> i'm not saying they're right. what i am saying is they are frustrated. they believe the decision to not prosecute clinton was political. >> a lot of people are frustrated. >> frustrated fbi agents in almost every criminal case i've been
11:39 pm
involved in, is one of the reasons why i didn't use them much as a prosecutor, because they can't keep their mouths shut about cases, and -- >> how do you expect comey to feel about that culture? >> he should be fired because he can't control his own people, what better proof of incompetence aside from the big errors is the fact he can't control his own troops? >> before we get too far field, and i'll let you discuss, we were talking about the lars larson interview and there's this thing called audiotape and videotape. it's digital now, so everything is reported. here it is. >> i said there's a kind of revolution on inside the fbi, about the original conclusion being completely unjustified and almost a slap in the face of the fbi's integrity, and i than from -- and i know that from former agents i know that even from a few active agents who obviously don't want to identify themselves. >> okay. so he is quite specific in that interview. >> consciousness appeal.
11:40 pm
>> that he knows even from a few active agents who don't want to reveal their identities, jeffrey toobin. >> well, i mean, it's all part of the same story, and this is all started because james comey decided to violate one of the longest-standing principles and policies of the justice department by talking about an active investigation right before the election. that's what started this problem, it's comey's fault, he's responsible for beginning this process that included the leaks, and that's where the buck should stop. >> jeffrey, you and i both know this would not have been a problem had a special prosecutor been appointed a long time ago to make this decision and not leave him holding the bag. the fbi's not supposed to make decisions about prosecuting individuals. you know that. both of y'all have been prosecutors. >> he took the bag, he tore it apart and he jiggled it all over
11:41 pm
america. >> hold that thought. we'll continue this discussion on the other side of the break. ♪ they tell me i'm wrong ♪ ♪ to want to stand alongside my, my love ♪ ♪ whoa, talkin' 'bout my love ♪ ""you don't want to ride the 13l checkiforever, do you?"ore?" ♪ to want to stand alongside my, my love ♪ "credit karma huh?" "yeah, it's free." "credit karma. give youself some credit."
11:42 pm
11:43 pm
11:44 pm
with four days to go there
11:45 pm
are still a lot of questions about the fbi. back with me, john flannery, je jeffy paid, and jeffrey toobin. and coming out to say, an indictment was likely in an ongoing fbi inquiry into the clinton foundation, take a look at this. >> i explain aid couple times yesterday the phrasing of one of my answers to brick hume saying it was in artful about the way i answered one of my questions about whether the investigation should continue after the election and our sources said it would, they would continue to likely lead to an indictment. it was inartful, and i should have said they should continue to build their face. >> brett bear is a good reporter. usually spot on. on this one he apologized. nobody's perfect. i give him credit for apologizing. when you hear this with all the leaks and the fbi what's your
11:46 pm
reaction? >> again and so do i, journalists make mistakes and he's right to apologize and i've made them and it's just part of that -- at part of the world in which we live and how we should behave. however, i think it is indicative of the fact that there are people in the fbi who are desperate to get anti-clinton stories into the journalistic bloodstream. this is happening over, and over again and it all started in earnest with comey last week. if he had simply followed justice department policy, this would not be happening, and that's what he should have done and that's where the responsibility lies. >> i want to get this in quickly. this correction comes only after the news spread across conservative media and trump continues to reference it on the campaign trail, watch this. >> it was reported last night
11:47 pm
that the fbi is conducting a criminal investigation into hillary clinton's pay for play corruption during her tenure as secretary of state. in other words, the fbi is investigating how hillary clinton put the office of secretary of state up for sale in violation of federal law. the fbi agents say their investigation is likely to yield an indictment. >> so, john, it sounds good, but again not true. >> no, it's not true. >> what's your reaction? >> it's worse than rumors. they're out-right lies and i don't believe it starts with comey. i believe it may have started with rudy. he's represented these fbi agents. he's hired them. they work for him, and he can't know about the quote revolution. the question is the cause and effect. to what extent did he
11:48 pm
feed it, to what extent does he feed these people to give rumors. the misconduct here is not just comey. the misconduct is wider than that and the violation is historic, to be affecting a presidential election with lies about old investigations that have gotten nothing as a result of the investigation and -- just days before an election. this is a major crime against freedom good speech, and distinct and understandable elections among a democracy. >> i'm up against the clock. i'm sorry, page, you can blame our fellow panelists. or jay z and beyonce. see you next time. thank you, gentlemen. when we come back the economy is a top priority, but who will win with working-class voters?
11:49 pm
. . . . . . . . . . if you're told you have cancer, explore your treatment options with specialists who treat only cancer. every stage... every day.... at cancer treatment centers of america. learn more at cancercenter.com/experts but dad, you've got...tes are probably gonna double. allstate. with accident forgiveness they guarantee your rates won't go up just because of an accident. smart kid. indeed. it's good to be in, good hands.
11:50 pm
i've heard it all. eat more fiber. flax seeds. yogurt. get moving. keep moving. i know! try laxatives. been there, done that. my chronic constipation keeps coming back. i know. tell me something i don't know. vo: linzess works differently from laxatives.
11:51 pm
linzess treats adults with ibs with constipation or chronic constipation. it can help relieve your belly pain, and lets you have more frequent and complete bowel movements that are easier to pass. do not give linzess to children under six and it should not be given to children six to seventeen. it may harm them. don't take linzess if you have a bowel blockage. get immediate help if you develop unusual or severe stomach pain, especially with bloody or black stools. the most common side effect is diarrhea sometimes severe. if it's severe stop taking linzess and call your doctor right away. other side effects include gas, stomach-area pain and swelling. talk to your doctor about managing your symptoms proactively with linzess. ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
11:52 pm
♪ (whispers rocket) this election could be all about jobs and unemployment. let's discuss with comedienne trey crowder, and matt lewis, author of "too dumb to fail." i'm going to read this. >> yeah, i hope you zblo thank you so much. i have already read "too dumb to fail." an amazing book. trey, you're the liberal red neck. how many guys like you are out there you think? >> i tell you what, more than people think, i can promise you that. i grew up in the middle of nowhere in tennessee, tiny
11:53 pm
place. all of the guys i grew up with i'm close to, they're all liberal red necks. it is like five dudes, but i graduated with 45 guys. not a bad percentage. definitely mor than people think. people tell me all the time, you're like a unicorn. i'm really not. >> matt, speaking of like unicorn, part of the working class. the economy is still top priority to voters. new jobs report out shows 161,000 jobs created, unemployment down to 4.9%, wages up 2.8%. does that impact on how working class voters might vote? >> no. because, number one, a lot of this is a cultural war. it is the god and guns, you know, the bitter clingers. a lot of it, too, is how people feel. a lot of working class americans don't feel like things are good, don't feel like things are going to be good from their kids. so there's a lot of angst. i think that's why donald trump, one of the big reasons he did so
11:54 pm
well, one of the big reasons bernie did so well. >> trey is not convinced. we say the race is tightening, but you're not convinced. you think red states will go for hillary clinton. arizona, true battleground, and the polls are close in georgia. you don't think it is as close? >> i've got my fingers crossed, especially for georgia, being a southern guy. i'm from tennessee, but, please, georgia, please. nothing would make me happier. >> why? >> because i know the reputation the south has around a lot of the rest of the country. that would be a win for me as a liberal red neck, to see, you know, a deeply southern state like georgia flip in this election, would be awesome. >> many times some of donald trump's supporters have been cast as, you know, racist or bigoted in this election. >> uh-huh. >> do you believe it is deserved as someone who is from the south? >> i mean, okay, i don't want to generalize too much. i don't think for all of them. i do -- let me tell you, that don't hurt, all right.
11:55 pm
the racism, the xenophobia and stuff that he puts out there, that doesn't hurt with these people, but i do think it is way too simplistic of a view of them. i don't think that's the thing that matters the most to them, i don't. >> matters the most, but you think it is part of it? >> i mean, yeah. again, not for all of them but for a lot. it is hard to deny, you know, to me. i mean, look, they're just so mad, they're so angry, you know. i mean, yeah, i definitely think it is part of it. >> and that's why you were saying this is a culture war shall and, you know, it is coming down to the wire even though perception versus reality, the jobs numbers are good, the economy is getting better, it is perception versus reality here. and the reality is not exactly in their lives they see something else? >> uh-huh. >> yeah, in fact, a lot of the trump supporters who are most vehement are actually doing pretty well economically themselves, but they feel like the america that they grew up with is leaving them.
11:56 pm
in some cases that's cultural, and in some cases it is economic. you know, but not necessarily for them, maybe for friends and family, you know. the days of getting a high school education and then getting a job at a factory, making $15 an hour, having a middle class existence, those days are gone, and you can blame immigration, you can blame automation, you can blame outsourcing, but somebody has to be to blame. it can never be me that's to blame. >> you know, you realize those days are gone for everybody, not just people who look like you. i'm sorry. i have to run, guys. thank you very much. i appreciate it. >> thank you. >> we'll be right back.
11:57 pm
for the holidays. before his mom earned 1% cash back everywhere, every time. [ dinosaur growls ] and his dad earned 2% back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs. yeah! even before they earned 3% back on gas. danny's parents used their bankamericard cash rewards credit card to give him the best day ever. that's the joy of rewarding connections. learn more at bankofamerica.com/getcashback.
11:58 pm
♪ just look at those two. happy. in love. and saving so much money on their car insurance by switching to geico... well, just look at this setting. do you have the ring? oh, helzberg diamonds. another beautiful setting. i'm not crying. i've just got a bit of sand in my eyes, that's all. geico. fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent or more on car insurance.
11:59 pm
12:00 am
hillary clinton rolls out her a-list supporters with just four days to go until the election. this is "cnn tonight." i'm don lemon. jay z and beyoncé headlining hillary clinton's cleveland rally tonight. take a look. >> cleveland, how y'all feeling tonight? will y'all help me sing? ♪ catch my fly ♪ my coffee ♪ i'm so reckless when i rock my dress ♪ ♪ i'm so confess ♪ i rock these rock necklaces

55 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on