Skip to main content

tv   Politics and Public Policy Today  CSPAN  September 6, 2016 1:06pm-3:07pm EDT

1:06 pm
thank you. whoo! the day is just starting! did i scare everybody? no questions. please come to the middle aisle where kelly is standing and he'll be handling the microphone for people to ask questions. >> i'd like to remind you all your question is to be short and succinct. thank you. >> brigitte, at the rnc, i met with wally ferris, and he's advising donald trump, i was praying you had input into telling the trump campaign all of the information you have imparted us today. is that getting to the candidate? i'd like to see hillary get it but i'm sure she's not going to get it. i wonder if you have a way of getting it to the candidate, donald trump? >> thank you. great question.
1:07 pm
as an educational organization focused on national security, we made a special effort to make sure we educate our elected officials and those who are running for office on this very important issue because we believe there's a lot riding online. to answer your question, yes, we are providing the information in detail almost on a daily basis to educate elected officials as to what's at stake. >> hi. can we get all of the statistics somehow, all of the money and awesome statistics? i was trying to write them down. is there a way to get all of that? >> yes, you can. we can get them to the chapters. i'll give you those talking points to the chapters and those who are here, i want you to join our refugee resettlement working group. right now we're getting this information out and we'll get it out even extensively after the national conference. the national conference took up a lot of time but starting next week you'll be bombarded with
1:08 pm
information because remember, congress has to make the decision before the 19th. and congress right now will either approve or disapprove obama's proposal to bring 200,000 refugees. if hillary wins the presidency, you'll looking up to 600,000 refugees in the next four years. so a lot is riding on the line. you need to be engaged. go to actforamerica.org and join our refugee resettlement working group. >> i'm sandra al fonsi. >> hi, sandra! finally. >> i have a question based on the different organizations which are providing the funding. why is it i can check the hebrew aid society, find an answer for that. if all of the organizations are christian, how is this money being used for only the bringing the muslims and there's a total disregard of all of the christian refugees and not being
1:09 pm
brought in or being harbored or given safe haven? >> sandra, such an important question and this is so painful to me because remember, i was a persecuted christian. i'm a christian who lived in a bomb shelter in a war-torn zone for seven years of my life. i used to think where are the christians around the world. only now i realize that i understand that they don't give a flying kite about what's happening to the christians. they are making a ton of money off bringing the muslims and it's all about money. money, money, money. get the idea out of your head that this is about humanitarianism and it's about compassion. it is not. it is about money. i mean, i shared with you one example from the lutheran services and you saw the type of money, $55 million from the treasury department. to resettle refugees? i mean, come on. out of their $59 million, what
1:10 pm
about the christians? no, here's the other problem why we are not seeing a lot of christians here. remember, they're bringing these from the refugee camps in europe. but the christians are not in the refugee camps because they were being raped, harassed and abused by the muslims. so they fled, so the christians realized, we better take a chance being on the streets and trying to fend for ourselves than being in a u.n. concentration -- concentration -- in a u.n. refugee camp where the muslims are basically -- it is lawless, the muslims are doing anything they want to do and the aid workers cannot do anything about it. that's why. so it is shameful, but this is exactly why it is important to ask your pastor and your church and your religious organization who talks to you about bringing refugees into the united states. you need to ask them, okay, how admirable, how many christians are you bringing? what are you doing with the christians because the christians and the yazidis are the true victims in this. not the muslims. muslims can go to saudi arabia. christians can't.
1:11 pm
muslims can go to yemen. christians can't. christians have to come to a christian nation. like europe or the united states. they're not accepted in saudi arabia or in pakistan or in afghanistan or any of those nations. they have no place to go. muslims can. so it is our duty to help the christians. this is the type of questions or comments you can tell your pastors when they start talking about from the pulpit about why, you know, they're bringing all these wonderful things doing to bring refugees into america. thank you, sandra. >> good morning. >> good morning. >> can you explain the current vetting process that is going on? >> say that again. >> can you explain the current vetting process for the refugees coming to the u.s.? >> basically right now they are skipping the vetting process. now, our government was telling us, it takes 14 to 16 months to do the vetting. baloney. right now they have them on the federal express program. they are just bringing them as fast as they can. and what vetting?
1:12 pm
so they are choosing from muslims in a refugee camp, u.n. refugee camp in europe. the refugee tells you, i don't have any papers, i lost my passport, i don't have any identity because i fled. my name is ahmed mohammad. okay. how can you prove anything? he's not in our database. you have to take him at his word because you don't know whether his name is mohammad ahmed or rahil bastani. you have no idea. there is no way to vet them. when they tell you it is a vetting process, it is absolute baloney. we know isis was in the business of printing passports, fake passports, in order to embed people into europe. the vetting process is baloney right now. it doesn't work. it is a lie. window dressing. thank you. yes, sir. >> breitbart reported that during obama's term, an average of 140,000 immigrants from all
1:13 pm
over, but they claim 70% from muslim countries have brought into this country. and this supposed fact was confirmed to me by author jim simpson who wrote a book whose title ends in "erasing america," claiming all the muslim immigrants are brought in for the purpose of erasing america. can you verify that there is all these other immigrants that have come in during obama's term that nobody seems to be acknowledging? >> well, you heard me talk about the burmese refugees. now, a lot of people don't think, how many of you in the room think when you hear refugees, you think about people from burma? you don't. you think somalia refugees, you think syrian refugees, we know refugees from iraq, we know, for example, we have resettled 100,000 refugees and 100 somali refugees, 100,000 somali refugees.
1:14 pm
up to 200,000 refugees from iraq and somalia alone. but other people are not thinking about the other type of refugees who are coming. like this guy, the burmese guy, who had no compunction raping a 7-year-old to death in utah. nobody wanted to talk about it. in his culture, it is permissible. it is not rape. so this is the type of stuff people are not talking about. and as we bring more refugees, it is not that it is a part of a conspiracy, i'm not into conspiracy theories. i don't talk about that. i talk about facts only. so i'm not sure but i can tell you, the book you referenced, when they say, you know, over 70% muslims, absolutely if not even more. we have some christians come in, but very few. the majority of the refugees that have been coming are muslims. the 15,000 burmese we have resettled in the united states in the last ten years are muslims. who are now walking into the community. so it is changing the face of our society. i was having dinner with friends
1:15 pm
last night, and they just came back from europe. they were in europe for two weeks on vacation. and then they went to visit their daughter in minnesota, in minneapolis, st. paul. they said they saw more people in burqa in minneapolis and the two days they spent in minneapolis than two weeks in europe. so, yes, the face of our country is changing, because of the type of immigrants coming here who are not assimilating. the previous immigrants who came to the united states wanted to assimilate. couldn't wait to assimilate. they did assimilate. but now we're talking about a different breed of refugees and immigrants who are coming to this country. not to assimilate, but to bring their third world system and values with them to our first class country bringing us down. we already saw what happened in europe. and it is happening here. and don't tell me societies are created equal. our societies are ten times better than backward societies such as societies in the middle
1:16 pm
east and north africa. thank you, sir. next question. >> yes, this is my first year at this great conference. >> thank you. welcome. >> thank you very much. i've heard from other people that have been here previous years that sometimes we go to the meetings with the congress people and they send their aides instead of attending themselves. my question is, is there a way of possibly shaming these -- for this very important day in their jobs of where they are at, why they need to send these aides, find out what they are doing so we can broadcast it, put it on the internet, and get some shame from them? >> we're going to be talking later about this at the end of the day, lisa perennial will get into the details of that. you do not want to miss the last session of the day today between 5:00 and 6:00. the most important session of
1:17 pm
the day is how to talk to your elected officials, what they do, how they operate, the importance of talking to their staffs, chiefs of staffs. sometimes talking to their staffers is even more important than talking to them because their chiefs of staff and staffers are actually the ones who make the decision and tell the congressman what to do or congresswoman. so if you do not meet with the elected official himself or herself, rest assured your meeting is not wasted. we'll get into that later on at end of the session in great detail, especially we go on the hill tomorrow. by the way, tomorrow, you're going to meet personally 16 members of congress who are going to be speaking to us on capitol hill to the conference. so you're going to get to ask them questions. talk to them. hear them out. let them know how you feel. 16 of them are going to be standing right before you like i am now. thank you. >> brigitte, this will be the last question. >> okay. >> good morning, miss gabriel.
1:18 pm
this is my first year at the conference. one of your videos you announced we're at war with an ideology, not a nation. how would we combat an ideology instead of actually having a place to go? >> great question. we are at war with an ideology because islam is a political movement cloaked in religion. now, there are those who practice spiritual islam, spirituality is wonderful. you're going to hear from raheel raza later on today, an example of what a moderate muslim is all about. and she's a practicing muslim. she practices the spirituality, the spiritual islam, spirituality is great. but political islam, where they want to enforce their rule over us or it is their way or the highway, where we all go to hell because we are inferior to islam, we are not equal in the eyes of god, and the eyes of allah, those type of people who hold that ideology do not belong in our nations or walking around us because in our nations we are
1:19 pm
all equal in the eyes of god and we are all equal under the constitution which is the law of the land. there are moderate muslims who acknowledge that, and there are those that do not. it is the ones that do not that we have a problem with. but the first way we begin to win our fight against the ideology is by basically having the backbone to say it's the ideology, stupid, it is radical islam, it is political islam and we need to change it and that starts with our spineless elected officials on capitol hill and this is why we need to elect somebody with the moral clarity and the courage to say what needs to be said! thank you. may god bless you. we're going to rock 'n' roll. it is going to be a great conference. i am here, ask me any questions you want throughout the rest of the day. now i'm going to bring, the exciting, the wonderful, carrie french back on stage. thank you very much! [ applause ]
1:20 pm
>> well, thank you, brigitte. isn't she outstanding? i get to work with her. i'm so lucky. before i introduce our next speaker, i just wanted to let you know that i just got this from refugee resettlement watch, ann cochran who was at one of our conferences before that the federal resettlement contractors plan a september 15th post card dump and rally on capitol hill. how many of you are planning to go see your elected representatives tomorrow? i want to see all your hands up. okay. how many of you think that you can make a difference? not as many hands, but you know what, let me tell you what, every person matters. you've got to get in there. you talk with the staffers, be respectful, make relationships, and this is how we get things done. i learned a lot from lisa when
1:21 pm
she helped us learn how to talk with our representatives and congressmen because, i mean, a lot of us are angry, right? a lot of us are upset. we feel like we don't make a difference. we feel like we are not having an effect on them. but when we learn from lisa how we can be effective, i'll tell you what, in washington state, when i was the chapter leader in state director there, we got our alac bills passed in amendments. that's a blue state, folks. and we had a democrat governor sign off on it. and this year i got a memo from one of the staffers in olympia saying they're going to put my fgm bill on the agenda. so i've been working on that for three years. so be patient. i know it gets frustrating. be patient. it is super important you make an attempt to get into to talk with your congressmen because they need to hear from you because if you are coming, you
1:22 pm
know, to go see them, you will make an impact because they know there are people at home that didn't take the effort to go and see them. so our next speaker, i'm so excited to hear him speak, he's an attorney, a decorated intelligence officer, stephen coughlin was a visiting fellow of the international assessment and security centers national security law project. and he was the pentagon's leading expert on islamic law. he is in demand as a lecturer at defense training institutions including the naval war college, marine corps, headquarters quantico, and the fbi and other agents and private groups. as a major in the united states army reserves, he's been assigned to u.s. central command in strategic communications role, u.s. assignments including the pentagon's national military joint intelligence center, and the national security council's interagency perception management threat panel. that's a mouthful.
1:23 pm
culminating in his assignment to the joints chief of staff. his work included counterpropaganda and support of the state department as well as target development in the immediate post 9/11 period. in 2008, after warning the pentagon about the islamic society of north america's affiliation with the muslim brotherhood, terrorist sympathizer hashem islam lobbied to get coughlin fired, resulting in the pentagon not renewing his contract. in ignoring coughlin's warnings, the pentagon turned a deliberate blind eye to the reality of islamic terrorism leading directly to nidal hasan's november 2009 jihadist attack on ft. hood. the negative implications of coughlin's termination were discussed repeatedly including in many books including they must be stopped, why we must defeat radical islam and how we can do it by our own brigitte gabriel, and published only three weeks before the ft. hood
1:24 pm
tragedy, muslim mafia, inside the secret underworld that is conspiring to islamize america. after he's done speaking, he will be signing his books, but i want to remind you we have some great speakers and you don't want to miss them. so if you want to get his book and get it signed, try to do it quickly because we have got awesome speakers here. so i would ask you to please join me in welcoming mr. steve coughlin. [ applause ] >> for people who know me and, thank you very much, thank you for act for america for having me here. it is an honor. for people who know me, they know i just brutalize them with
1:25 pm
briefings and slides that go six hours because my view is we own the facts in the war on terror. and the other side desperately, desperately, desperately seeks you to get off the factual standard and use their language to discuss things that don't reach facts, so that you will always sound silly. we're now at the point, this is what i want to talk about tonight, tonight, this morning, where i think this becomes one of the central issues to do this. what i'm going to do today, which is different, and you can go ahead is i'm going to throw a couple of vignettes. the name of this brief is we're at war, the calm before the storm. everybody kind of feels it. we kind of feel like am i beating my head against the door? how many people feel that who have been involved in this? how many people recognize that here we are, eight years into a war, or 12 years into a war, 15 years into a war, where we have
1:26 pm
perfect intelligence on who these people are and a national commitment to make sure those facts and a discussion based on factual terms never comes to the front. we have some people here who i'm familiar with, i want to point out, because i want to make this part of the discussion. go ahead. you can advance the slide. is earlier today we were talking about political correctness and how we have to attack political correctness. i think it is really important for people to understand this. and it is going to be something that subsumes a lot of what i'll be talking about today. and that is this. the political correctness is an enforcement mechanism to a cultural marxist narrative that seeks to destroy your identity. and when we take a look at the muslim brotherhood's main strategy to defeat the west, and i'll throw a couple of slides up there, that strategy is to just ride on this narrative that the
1:27 pm
left created in the 1980s. they saw that this racism, sexism, homophobia issue would bring down the west, and they just came up with the word islamophobia and inserted it into that syllogism and enforced half of the agenda on automatic pilot. the reason i'm bringing this up is because when you start to say political correctness gets in the way, when you hear a general with combat responsibilities say, political correctness gets in the way of my doing my job, what he just told you was it was more important for him to be politically correct than to keep your sons and daughters alive and to win the war. and i think it is super important to understand that that is what political correctness is. and that has to become the number one objective here to look at, because it is through narratives they seek to win the war. now, what i was going to say, there is a couple of people here, valerie from canada,
1:28 pm
elizabeth from austria, and david petty and some others who we made a point of going to europe for the organization of security and cooperation in europe. osce. you have to check me on that, osce and ioc sometimes flow in my mind. the reason i say this is because we started going there a couple of years ago to think about how in the international -- the osce is an official -- an official formal international delegation that the u.s. is a participating member. formally. so this is a diplomatic event. and we started going there. we actually got a couple of years ago to get the people -- again, an official event, the people on the left who helped craft the islamophobia narrative and the turkish delegation that was there representing the ioc, we got them to admit that the word islamophobia has no
1:29 pm
definition. in a very conference where the effort was to criminalize people engaging in islamophobia. now, i think people laugh at that, because i'm a lawyer. what is the consequences of deliberately constructing a term that has no meaning, but can be used to prosecute people if it doesn't mean we're going to go after you for the things you say. and we'll figure out whether it works and bankrupt you in the process. it is really important. a year ago we wasn't to austria to another osce forum and we heard the panel, an official panel say the colony islamic state, the islamic state should constitute a hate crime. so we line people up to challenge that. and the first point was, wait a second here, the islamic state calls itself the islamic state
1:30 pm
and we're stating a fact that it is the islamic state. the answer was, well, yes, when they call themselves the islamic state, that's that it is. but when you call it the islamic state, you're reinforcing a narrative, you're reinforcing a stereotype and therefore for you it is a hate crime. so we had the next person come up to bat and the question was, well, wait a second here, are you saying that something known to be true, that everybody accepts to be true, and true as a matter of fact, that speech, known to be true, can constitute a hate crime? and the answer at this formal international declaration was yes. so i think it is really, really important to understand that when you see the attack vectors coming at us, this is what my brief will be really -- it is going to be a call to act, really, i'm not going to really educate people except with whatever time i have left over i'll start talking about the cve, it is really about using a
1:31 pm
couple of vignettes to say, this is the game, and we don't see anybody talk about this. but it is the game. and the game is this war is intended to be fought at the political warfare level through control of speech, the enemy and it is not just the islamic enemy at the point at which they touch you, it is these narratives that we're not necessarily constructed by them, but are being enforced through what are called the hate speech narratives. does that make sense? and what is that? well, we'll talk about it a little bit. but it is designed to suppress your speech. and all the oic did was make sure when the hate speech narrative came in, all their issues on not defaming islam was subsumed in what is called and the term we use facially neutral language. now, i'm a lawyer, so i'm familiar with that term. what is facially neutral language? all these things that will be
1:32 pm
used to really destroy your free speech rights will be stated and facially neutral language when you just read it, you don't really get the sense of what it is saying. it sounds neutral. it sounds harmless. it is only when you see how it starts to take effect that you realize this is a real attack on speech. a real attack on speech that is designed to intimidate you. it is designed to intimidate you and to shutting your mouth. and we have pretty good reason to believe that the entire force of the state is behind that. and it is shockingly bipartisan. you want to come and tell me what president obama has done with isis and syria? and i'll show you lindsey graham and john mccain writing point there. people talked -- it was brought up i was pushed out of the pentagon for briefing facts that could not be controverted. that was the bush administration. so what i'm going to do, i want to put that in frame here
1:33 pm
as we talk about this, because, you know what, i was talking to someone last night, they're retiring from legislature and i talked to some other people and they said, do you want to give a speech in her legislature and the answer was, no, what am i going to say that they don't already know? does anybody feel that way? do you understand in information operations when you have more powerful enemy, that's exactly what they want you to think. but think about this. how many people realize -- how many people take a look and think we're losing because the political establishment is all in? but they're losing their base. think about that. if you leave the political views aside, had the party in power not been in power, could bernie sanders, a renegade on the left, defeated hillary clinton? and did donald trump, well, the defining characteristic of both these people is they were saying they have no faith in this political establishment.
1:34 pm
so they're doubling down on their power, precisely because it may well be that with the folks we're winning, and i think we need to remember that. so let's go. the first little vignette i want to do is something called al qaeda 2.0. why do i do that? go ahead. because -- because that's how we called it when i was reading this al qaeda 2.0 when it came out in 2002-2003. you have an article written in 2005, written by a man named fouad hussein when he was in jail with an al qaeda leader named zarqawi. and at the time he was just al qaeda. of course, al qaeda became al qaeda in iraq and it became isil and is became isis, okay. i'm one of those people who think people get way too worked around the axle on making distinctions between al qaeda
1:35 pm
and isis. because al qaeda will always be spinning out operational activities that once they get beaten, they can spin something else out. but in 2005, he was interviewed in this article to talk about what al qaeda's plan was as published in 2005. go ahead. and all i want to do is point out, go ahead, is point out that they said, in the year 2002 that between 2010 and 2013 they would collapse the arab states, and they would -- and they would -- they would collapse the arab states. there are people who know me from back in 2010 that i was briefing on capitol hill at the end of 2010, watch out, the brotherhood is going to be leading the charge to take down these arab states, it is going to look like a freedom movement, and nobody is going to understand that from beginning to end it is going to be a takedown.
1:36 pm
and then five months later, in february, we saw the arab spring. of course they knew the english speaking journalists would go to tahrir square and interview english speaking people to talk about freedom. they know it is as easy as giving a kid candy, giving the west what it wants to hear, so they created a party called freedom and justice. but, you know, they know what you think about that. but they also know what it means is freedom from the laws of man, justice according to sharia. so the point is at no time was there an arab spring movement and i have the briefings including the video of being on capitol hill showing that what was going to happen that did happen. the fifth phase was to begin in 2013 with the establishment of the caliphate, and the foundation of the islamic state. and, of course, phase six would begin in 2016, and that would be total confrontation.
1:37 pm
so i think this is really important because we have a 2005 article written by somebody interviewing al qaeda on a document they wrote in 2002 telling you what their timeline is, and they are exactly where they said they would be. okay. exactly where they said they would be. so when we take a look at the balance sheet, we're batting zero on what you're being told, al qaeda's defeated, we could peg the narrative, al qaeda is defeated, al qaeda is resurging, al qaeda has to be fought. al qaeda is going to ground. not based on anything going on over there. it was the news cycle. that's just kind of the trending cycle. we knew from the beginning, brigitte, do you have a problem with that? absolutely not. it is all nonsense. go ahead. so the other thing i want to bring up is orlando. go ahead. it is 2016. so we should see all-out
1:38 pm
confrontation. i would argue it actually started in december 2015 with what we saw in san bernardino. why? because there is something called the ten-year program of action that the oic implemented in 2005 to make defamation of islam a crime in every jurisdiction. and in december, it expired. and actually almost to the very week where it expired we saw the events in france, we saw events in orlando. so i kind of say this triggers the beginning. and this is going to be the model. but what i'm saying here is on may 26th, i wrote something telling people watch out, we're going to see some strike here. and then what did we see? we see the declared jihadi attack, just according -- just the way isis declared it, and just the manner al qaeda said isis in inspire magazine it should be done. the actions were completely in
1:39 pm
line. go ahead. after the event, after the event, we had al qaeda actually write a little paper doing a little analysis, and after action review. people in the military know exactly what i'm talking about. here you have a man who claimed it, here you have isis calling for it, al qaeda calling for it, and showing what has to be done, and you have after the event al qaeda critiquing it, you have the man calling the police and spending a lot of time saying that he is a member of isis, and he's killing because of their call for that event. and yet you saw on tv that the biggest struggle was to get the discussion off the fact of the matter, the facts of what happened and transition it to the violent extremism narrative. is that right? okay. and from that point on, facts that define the event had to compete in a smothering fashion with narratives designed to suppress it.
1:40 pm
and put garbage out there and make it compete with it to give you the impression that there was really a question about what happened. go ahead. i want to talk about san bernardino, why am i showing you these things? why am i showing you al qaeda 2.0 or orlando and san bernardino? because we're seeing an unrolling of a hostile activity that is right where it is supposed to be. all we have to do is read it. and here is the thing. they translate it in english for you. and whether it is our government leaders, or whether it is elite media, they have made a decision that they want to talk about what they want to talk about. and they don't want to talk about this. i think that san bernardino was really scary. why? because of what happened that we don't talk about. and you know what that is? with san bernardino, the muslim brotherhood took control of the narrative from beginning to end. they took control of it.
1:41 pm
go ahead. so here you see, how many people remember this? cair before the fbi could get up and give their explanation of events, cair is up there setting the narrative. the council on american islamic relations. usually if i give something like this, i give a precursor on who the brotherhood is. i don't think that's necessary here. is that fair? okay. cair set the narrative. you have an imam with the first responders. do you think that just happens? so go ahead. this is something i think is scary. everybody remembers that day, loretta lynch basically talking about anti-muslim speech edges toward violence. remember, islamophobia has no definition. just like edging towards violence means anything someone wants it to mean when they arrest you and then bankrupt you after they -- and then drop charges. but, you know, it is not just
1:42 pm
that she said that. i want you it look at what is behind her when she said it. it says, muslim advocates promoting freedom and justice for all. so here you have at san bernardino a man who goes to a christmas party to kill a jew or what he thought to be a jew. i know friends in the jewish community will argue. but that's what he thought. that's good enough for this discussion, is it not? okay. and here you have loretta lynch, who calls himself freedoms of justice? the muslim brotherhood. here she is on a dias committing, telling americans on a dias that if you do anything about what you just saw, she's going to come after you. does that not scare people? how many people think it is really important to understand what muslim advocates promoting freedom and justice for all
1:43 pm
really means? and how many people think to the extent they saw it, it means well, that's cool, it must be like freedom, liberty and justice for all. okay. so, and, of course, i have that muslim brotherhood thing basically saying, they say that's who they are. the mother of the killer was a member of igna. islamic circle of north america. go ahead. and then go ahead. toward the end of the event, you had jeh johnson saying what? he said, well, he went to their forum, he went to -- who runs the islamic society, who runs the islamic society of north america? so here you have from the beginning of the event to the very end our national leaders decided that they were going to be associated with the muslim brotherhood to including to allow them to set the debate to allow the attorney general to stand on a muslim brotherhood dias to threaten americans and to have the let's
1:44 pm
talk about how much of a tragedy this is at a muslim brotherhood mosque. how many people put that together before i said this? raise your hands. is that not scary? i'll tell you why it is not scary. how many people do you think missed the muslim brotherhood community around the world? go ahead. so here you have cair telling muslims in america not to talk to the police. but i like to -- i like to bring this up to you. because where as i could make a pretty good argument that the muslim brotherhood represents leadership element of the muslim community in america because they get the media and they talk to our government, it is not at all clear that most muslims agree or even participate in that. so the question becomes, if you are muslim, and you want to be an american citizen and obey the constitution of the united states, do you think you're going to go to the fbi or dhs to report a possible terrorist event when you know their
1:45 pm
outreach partners of the brotherhood? are you going to do that? so who guarantees, really, that you're not going to get reports from that community besides the brotherhood who are threatening people right here? so i would like to argue that we are doing this, we're seeing the brotherhood actually advertise what they're doing, we're seeing our government completely affiliate with them at the time of tragic events, and it goes right by people. i would argue, go ahead, i would argue that our whole orientation to the war on terror has been reduced to incoherence. and that we have lost the battle and the information battle space. we have lost it. go ahead. the very way we talk about this war ensures that we cannot effectively engage it. leaderless jihad, human terrain, violent extremists, lone wolf. every one of them are nonsense.
1:46 pm
they sound analytical. they're not. they are designed to get you to talk about what a political scientist, a sociologist or anthropologist thinks is intellectually intriguing when they built a model to understand events that could be explained without the model. but you know what happens when you're talking about the model? you're not talking about the cause and fact. you're not talking about the fact that isis has a timeline. and they're right where they said they would be. now, you're a reporter. and you start to realize that the freight train that is running people over right now is something they decided not to carry, are they going to get on board with that and admit they were completely lost? is national security staff going to admit they got in bed with people who declared their objective was to subvert america from within by among other things working with them? no. all speak to behavioral models. when watching reports after a
1:47 pm
terrorist event, we pointed this out to people, i talked to somebody that does special operations at the special operations level, we would watch how the information activities would get involved when you watched -- you watched the jockeying after orlando. or the whole thing was about getting people to talk about, wow, was it a lone wolf? was it a leaderless jihad? was it self-radicalization? you see, you can start off by saying leaderless jihad, but have to get to self-radicalization. once you get to self-radicalization, you're talking about nonsense. you're talking about something that people write positions on where you can spend your whole life talking about violent extremism and never once talk about al qaeda. so, go ahead, nonkinetic attacks is the basis of the threat's main effort.
1:48 pm
this is what we have to understand. they don't plan to win the war on the battlefields of iraq and syria. they plan to win the war on the information battle space here. they execute at the political warfare level, targeting control, targeting control at decisionmaking to control narratives used to analyze and discuss events. the two primary vectors that we see this happening on are u.n. resolution 1618, and the countering violent extremism narratives implemented by our government and many governments. we'll talk about it -- we'll talk about the cve later. in more detail if we have time. but the very use of the word radicalization is itself a dead end. why? go ahead. this is -- it is a busy slide, i apologize for it, but it sisi in his speech a couple of years ago. he wasn't talking about radicalized misinterpretation to text when he went to al azhar. al azhar is the most elite center in the world.
1:49 pm
academically it is the princeton, harvard, yale, dartmouth combined together times two. if you graduate from there, you wear the hat that tells everybody he is the top one half of 1% of the well, you know, i use the word ordained, credentialed imams. that's where he went. and he told the elites of al azhar they had to redetermine and redefine sacred text known to be sacred text. you see the very minute we talk about him talking to radicalized imams, we instantly misdefine what he said. did we not? because that's not what he said and that's not who he talked to. but more importantly, once we got into the radicalized language, we ended up not being able to support sisi and his efforts, at the same time supporting the narrative that is preferred by the muslim brotherhood.
1:50 pm
so the brotherhood puts us there. go ahead. and make no mistake, this is all really about controlling speech. this is an example here. go ahead. how many people heard when we we hear our politicians talk about isis the first thing they say is this has nothing to do with islam? why is it that they get to tell you what islam is but if you come up with a fact-based cited use of islamic sources response you're a person who has to justify what he said. i say this because he stated and you have two different sources telling you flat out what? that you cannot say what isis does is apostasy. what does that mean? it means it is not unislamic. for every politician and
1:51 pm
reporter and people who are talking. i have a source that beats everyone of their sources and beats it 50 times over. we are being controlled by narratives. let's take a look at this graphic from a prestigious ngo to the international circuits. they actually get it right. 66% of terrorism comes from al qaeda, taliban and isis. i don't disagree with that. how many people think that we really don't know what causes them to fight? how many people know like their life depends on it that they fight to re-establish the caliphate and institute islamic law through jihad? how many people think any other explanation besides that is disinformation? what i want people to think
1:52 pm
about is the very process of making language and discussion sound academic is the point at which it becomes a lie? it is disinformation. because the very next slide talks about the motivation, what causes this terrorism? and what are they telling you? it's all this nonsense. now, you could read that and say if you look in and read what they are saying you can see where you can put isis in there. my point is you would have to do that. what are they making a point of not doing? they are not talking about this. go ahead. ladies and gentlemen, we are at war. we are at war with an enemy who openly declares himself, they identify their strategies. they write them in english because they have convinced you that if you read them they don't mean anything because there are a thousand different interpretations of islam. more importantly they got your
1:53 pm
government to fire you. they got your media outlet if you are a reporter to fire you. if you should just happen to decide to read what al qaeda says. the minute we start talking today about what they are doing you have the whole question about what percentage of our national security establishment is just simply incompetent. they base their strategies on published doctrines. we know the brotherhood has rationalized. so we get the kinetic part of it. we are also at war with the non-kinetic strategies that are executing in plain sight with published islamic law that implements at places like the
1:54 pm
osce that the brotherhood executes, as well. and here i call this the splinter. why is it the splinter? i will not have time to talk about splinter movement theory. when you create groups that wants to get an opinion you create the entity that we call the brotherhood. or we can come up with a maoist example and then you create a splinter that is violent. and then as soon as the violent group hits, the nonviolent splinter says if you work with us we can keep them from killing you. what do we have to do? you have to do what they say. okay. and you see we are going to help you. we are moderate. we want tohelp you. this is classical splinter movement operation. of course, jihaddy are groups like al qaeda or isis.
1:55 pm
go ahead. we are at war and it's a concept of war fare called political warfair. we are relating to the maoist model based on using violence, terrorism in this war as a support mechanism to the nonviolent to get you to get or the nonviolent part is the main effort. this is just what north vietnam did. how many people remember asking the general in vietnam we won every battle. he said you idiots, we won the war. we do not even understand in america that our national security establishment doesn't speak in terms of strategic design so they do not understand strategic information operations and they wouldn't recognize political warfare information campaigns coming at them if their life depended on it. how do we know? because their outreach partners
1:56 pm
are the people who say their job is civilization jihad. let's get through the next couple of slides. we know who the brotherhood is. we know, go ahead. we know that these other people are the outreach partners for government. what i would like to do is take a look at the political warfare slide. this is the maoist model. i'm jumping to my own conclusions. if we saw what the brotherhood was doing as an intelligence. we would say that looks like an insurgency. political warfare is about creating a state and then they create lines of operation that tap into political violent, the allies and international sphere.
1:57 pm
what we have to do is recognize that at the strategic level and counter it. you have to recognize that. what i think is interesting is the reason i talk about the maoist model is i can convince people that there is such a thing without. that would never happen. it can happen to us. i think it is interesting here you have the revolutionaries. i think it is really important. i will probably jump to a couple more slides. the enemy's main effort is a sustained strategic information campaign at the political
1:58 pm
warfare level. what is the objective? to win the war by denying you the ability to identify him there by allowing him to control you. we see these hate speech narratives coming. do we not? we know we can feel it. so here you have a famous quote. tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. one of the senior generals at our special operations command recently made this statement. we do not understand the movement and until we do we are not going to defeat it. we have not defeated the idea. we don't even understand the idea. that's a general officer allocating force to fight a war. do you think that isis knows that our generals don't know what they are doing? do you think the people who are the outreach partners for law enforcement know that they don't
1:59 pm
know what they are doing? let me ask you this question. do you think the russians know that? do you think the chinese know that? do you think that they see a bureaucratic establishment that is institutionalized, academic, i say academic, models that have the illusion and appearance of science which are just complete nonsense and that they are collapsing on themselves and you have the american people having to opt for new parties because of it. go ahead. so i wrote my thesis in 2007. how much time do i have? in 2007. it's interesting to note from the introduction i have here that within five months of writing the thesis i was removed. that was the national intelligence college. the cost of not understanding
2:00 pm
the enemy is getting high and higher every day. it will be increasingly measured by news stories that narrow in on inability to answer basic questions and will manifest itself in official responses to terrorist attacks that become progressively less reality based. are we there? are we there? so in the next administration -- go ahead. in the next administration we need to have a real campaign plan to defeat a real enemy. how do we know he's an enemy? he said so. how do we know he is serious? he kills people. how do we know that there is a complete nexus between what his statement is and he declares himself an enemy and people being dead? he publishes his doctrine. now al qaeda writes in english because they know that our
2:01 pm
national security leadership will say isis wrote it. that's the real answer you get. so we need to fight this as if it were a real war demanding real intelligence and attack the enemy strategy at the strategic level. creates unity and creates economic and military efficiencies at the very lines of operation we know they are operating on. does the brotherhood control the media? do they control our government counter terror apparatus? do they -- can you get expelled from a catholic university for standing up for your faith if the muslim student association comes at you? how about a lutheran? how about an evangelical? how about a jewish? i want you to understand this political warfare model. i'm speaking about the maoist
2:02 pm
model. that is how they are coming at you or islamic variation of it. we need to win by countering that. go ahead. >> i think i will end with this slide. when i say we're in a complete state of strategic incomprehension, don't you think that is why people are bailing? i'm not a bernie sanders fan but don't you think that the left is realizing these people are in there to keep themselves in power? if you take a look at when people thought cruz and rubio were outsiders and take a look at votes in the republican conferences, 85% of the votes were against the establishment. i think people know this. how many people here don't know who -- is. raise your hand. it should be a lot of people and i get that. he is a man we captured and
2:03 pm
renditioned. we actually have his dna. he was a member of the lifg which was a libyan terrorist group that we associated with al qaeda. then, of course, we needed moderates so they became moderate. bell hodge is the leader of isis in libya. what you see is lindsey graham and john mccain either giving or getting an award from him. total strategic incomprehension. if you point this out to him he will attack you because he -- this is how -- you guys orient and think that the fact that al qaeda is killing people but we have the relationships. we have that special knowledge. here is what you have. these are the people who determine those vetted moderates for us, aren't they?
2:04 pm
aren't they? it shouldn't surprise us who the immigrants are coming over in syria because it is the same type of vetted moderates. bell hodge, a man who we have absolute understanding of. i will skip the cve because we are out of time. i wanted to go slow because people go you are going so fast. believe me, i do. and i go into the weaves and made a decision not to because this is one of those we are at the calm before the storm. how many people feel the calm before the storm? how many people came here feeling a tad bit demoralized? you know, you are bumping your head against the wall. but if you really were, why would you see people walking in and really coming at you hard? the goal is to make you feel hopeless at a time when if you realized you weren't you could take the upperhand. that is what is important to know. that at a time when you have to
2:05 pm
basically realize you are asking yourself why you are here that is when you have to tell yourself this is exactly the reason i'm here and this is the old saying when the going gets tough the tough get going. we are going to enter the time right now where in this calm before the storm we are going to have to start recognizing that it will start getting rough and it will start becoming more hard ball as if it hasn't already been hard ball for people who had been playing this. we all feel it and see it. and the question is i think you were talking about the girl in idaho, part of that story, part of that story is that the medical staff and local coroner refused to give the parents the medical explanation for what happened. i briefed in minnesota where i brought up the question of rapes. and they were all kind of lackadaisical about the briefing
2:06 pm
and then they perked up because where they had communities they had a massive increase in rape and wanted to see justification in that. along side the sexual predatory activity you are going to see you are going to see it is ineffective reporting and attacking you for drawing the connections that exist. so with that i would like to thank everybody and we will open things up to questions. thank you very much. [ applause ] >> i would like to remind you to keep your questions short and sweet. >> steve, thanks so much. i'm tim greenberg from long island. we must have you out there. i do feel demoralized as we are knocking our brains out. i guess my question is, exactly what is going on? we are going to be on the hill.
2:07 pm
it seems to me there is so much money being spent around congress, the capitol. i don't know if we can get these people to wake up. it seems that they are already in their own elite world. let's get more folks in here, not sure how to change the mindset. >> well, i actually am very sympathetic to that. a woman just asked me a question. i will make those slides available to people who want them. i have to confess. i didn't bring books with me. they didn't arrive in time. i apologize for that. i think people have to start getting really -- this is not in violence. but i think people have to start getting angry. i mean, really angry. and, you know, there is a member of congress, they had a huge election. they won on two issues. it's so two issues that caused republicans to get elected. and the very next day you saw
2:08 pm
this future majority leader say you know how we won this election on those issues? we are not going to do any of it. we are going to give obama more than the democrats did when they were in congress and they did. we are starting the second session. we are running five minutes late. everybody, take your seats. jay, if you can tell the people in the back in the outside that they can start making their way in. people are mingling outside. thank you for those of you who are on time. you deserve an award. such good students. they must be on middle eastern time. >> we call it jewish time.
2:09 pm
>> that's right. we are always late for everything. i want to welcome everybody in the room for our afternoon session about the persecution of minorities in the middle east, jews and christians. and in particular the persecution of christians who are living in muslim land and who are being sold into slavery, raped, massacred and executed. this topic is very important to me especially as a christian who personally suffered religious persecution in the middle east. it pains me to see how the church in the west is completely asleep and not paying attention to what was happening to the persecution of christians in the middle east. it's heartbreaking to see that even the vatican doesn't give a
2:10 pm
care or stand up for what is happening to the christians in the middle east. when i was thinking about putting this panel together today i could not think of two better qualified and most amazing people who are so passioned about this issue who speak about the issue way before it was fashionable or important for people to speak about it. this panel will be made of rabbi jonathan houseman and what we are going to do is introduce him first. he will speak for 20 minutes. then i will introduce pastor jack hibz. he will speak for another 20 minutes and then we open it for questions and answers. we will start with rabbi jonathan houseman. he is the rabbi in massachusetts. he has degrees in religion and studies, middle east and jewish studies and a law degree. he is a second generation american who is very involved in free speech issues and jewish
2:11 pm
dialogue. he is a passionate supporter of the state of israel. he is fluent in english, hebrew and in arabic as you heard him speak earlier. he has spent several years living in egypt where he saw and experienced the disruptive activities of the muslim brotherhood that were directed towards the coptic community and church. he is a prolific writer and you can find many of his presentations on youtube. in memory of his parents he established the memorial free speech forum featuring national and international speakers. he wrote them on occasion saying i would rather be remembered as being on the side of churchill and not on the side of chamberlain. he has been involved in legislative battles involving laws to protect constitutional rights.
2:12 pm
he was awarded citizen legislator of the year award for his work on american courts issues and spoken to numerous chapters and led several marches and events to highlight the attacks on middle eastern indigenous christian communities. please give a welcome to rabbi john houseman. >> you should all know that i'm at a disadvantage right now. the pastor probably can attest to this being a fellow member of the cloth where we're tethered to this. we can't pace as we speak which means that we can't really think when we talk. you will have to excuse us.
2:13 pm
thank you. act for america, thank you so much for this honor. it truly is an honor. while my bio quotes churchill i think i would rather start off by quoting shakespeare. any fans out there? hell is empty and all the devils are here. an apt quote when dealing with washington, d.c., i think. and i also think an apt quote when dealing with the enemies forces that we face. now, look, i could stand here, pastor can stand here and certainly the two of us could quote from islam's sack rialized texts dealing with jews and christians, dealing with the non-muslims, but for one of the very few times i think i can say i don't need to do that because all of you are fairly fluent in
2:14 pm
those kinds of texts. so let me just speak from my heart a little bit. i think that is what i want to do. everybody here follows the news or what passes for the news? that it couldn't have helped -- it could not have escaped your attention the alarming violence -- i'm going to speak about jews, guys. you know what my job is? somebody is going to say you are a rabbi. my job is to protect you. that's my job. if you're jewish certainly my job is to protect you. if you are american as a rabbi functioning in america that is what my job is. that is what his job is, too. i don't want to speak for you, but that's what we do. our job is to protect you. you had to have read or seen on the news the alarming incidents
2:15 pm
of violence against jews. it's in europe. it's on the college campuses. my god, the hate on the college campuses in north america is more than distressing and alarming. chance chants of death to israel from around the islamic world. missiles of show in iran inscribed death to israel, death to jews. my friends, we jews have been putting up with this garbage for 2,300 years. and you know something, prejudice used to be acceptable only in polite company. how many of you remember the movie "gentleman's agreement"? i grew up two towns from there. that was fiction based on fact.
2:16 pm
and now we have the inhuman rights -- i mean the human rights council of the united nations heaping scorn for imagined offenses while ignoring real human rights abuses that occur throughout the world. pick your area of the world. pick it. but nothing, nothing about the slaughter of non-muslims in africa. what about the persecution of the cops that i saw almost 40 years ago in cairo? or how about this one? the jihad. how many of you here are not jewish? show of hands. nobody is perfect. you know what is happening against your co-religionest
2:17 pm
right now? do you know what it's called? you know what it is called? it's jihad. it's not genocide. it's jihad. that's what it is, jihad and genocide fostered by progressives who belittle my people's rights to exist in an independent jewish commonwealth. how about that former dutch premiere who just recently said jews should have had a state in germany. as my mother would have said, been there, done that. belittle israel's right to exist. those of us who speak on behalf of jewish rights slie s silencee college campuses. you all read what happened recently at syracuse university. politicians who seek
2:18 pm
reproachments with the worst offenders of liberty and human rights in the world. and journalists, if you can call them that, who eric is not one of these journalists. he is the an tiffsis of what we see in the world with newspapers, radio, journalist whose employ historical revisionism to blame the victim instead of the perpetrator. this is the world we live in. this is what we jews have dealt with for 2,300 years. i have 20 minutes to take 2,300 years, to take 1,400 years, to take 70 years and give it to you. it's an impossible job. but i'll tell you what is not impossible, to speak about those who facilitate anti-semitism. they are often the most vocal and condemning all other hatreds
2:19 pm
but the hatred against my people wherever my people happen to reside whether here, in europe, in the middle east. it doesn't make a difference and it hasn't for centuries. refuse to acknowledge the pervasiveness of jew hatred across the globe and progressive political society. let me tell you something, a truism some of you have quoted very nicely from jewish history this past half day already. what starts with the jews never ends with the jews, ever. if you believe nothing else i say today believe that. with movements that validate national smiths and delijitmize
2:20 pm
the only democracy in the middle east, where a woman fleeing from oppression from lebanon a non-jew can find solace and security. where women's rights are women's rights. where gays can live openly and freely. only one country in the middle east can claim that with free and fair elections all the time. not one vote for one election and that's the end of it. or noxious, noxious endeavors like israel apartheid week. you know where it started? thank you. we all knew it was you speaking anyway. or how about this one?
2:21 pm
boycott devest and sanction. it's all rooted in classical anti-semiti anti-semitism. it hasn't died. it is still here. they are all known for conspiracy theories and stereotypes. and you know we heard about word smithing or whatever, however else you want to call it today. mainstream liberals tend to down play claims of political anti-semitism as alarmist and chauvinistic. they draw shallow comparisons to, i hate this word. i hate it. i can't stand it but it's used. islam ophobia.
2:22 pm
i'm not politically correct. how can you portray a religious group, if you will, a theo political group, if you will, that consists of 1.6 billion people as a persecuted minority. you know how many jews there are in the world? we are not even a statistical blip on the chinese census and i don't mean taiwan. i mean mainland china. there were 13.5 million of us in the world. and i'm a persecutor? boy, i'll tell you i'm glad my mother died years ago so she didn't have to see this stuff. you know, lost in all the scaremongering -- by the way,
2:23 pm
with regard to that, you know, there isn't a shred of statistical evidence from the fbi that shows that persecution against them in the united states is more prevalent than the persecution of my people. even today, even the latest statistics show that there is more antijewish activity in the united states than against any other group. and lost in all this garbage is the vial anti-semitism emanating from the very arab and muslim communities that claim to be victims of discrimination. you know that jews who were baptized were killed by the nazis. did y'all know that? people deported to concentration camps based on ancestry, not
2:24 pm
belief which should tell you something about being jewish. it's a faith and ethnic identity wrapped into one. it's just amazing, the most pronicious enduring of all bigotries and has been a societal constant since antiquity. i can run through the history for you how the greek and roman periods, gentile suspicion grew against us because of our attachment to religious and moral principles. i can tell you about rome and i can tell you about the persecutions, the outlawing. how about the deterioration of jewish communities during rein of constantine and justinian codes. i can give you all this stuff.
2:25 pm
catholic church, they were really great to us. why are you laughing? it's amazing that you want to know how you know there is a god? because i'm standing in front of you today. that shows that god's covenant with the jewish people and yours. [ applause ] what the catholic church did to us in the middle ages through the repressive regulations of wonderful counsels like 4th council. it's just constant. it just rethreads itself, institutional harassments. and, of course, this myth -- any of you read andy boston's work, the history of islamic anti-semitism. if he did nothing to dispel the
2:26 pm
myth of muslim tolerance with regards to jews those two authors have done it. jews were neither secure nor equal and muslim tolerance demanded complete subordination and it hasn't changed today at all whether you are talking about jews in the basin, what's happening to christian communities throughout the middle east. the only jewish presence in the middle east really is israel now. there is dynamic as playing out in colleges and universities that claims zero tolerance for hate speech but which nonetheless sponsor israel apartheid week events, key note speakers at programs that falsely accuse israel of apartheid. israel apartheid.
2:27 pm
what a liable conspiracy theories. institutions and i mean universities, guys, universities that refuse to grant equal time for opposing view points. if they say they will grant it, the cost for security are so exorbenant that the opposing view point can't be presented in any case. syracuse university, michigan state, university of california, university of toronto where jewish students are regarded by their very presence as provocteres. if you challenge revisionist propaganda or wear a, it's not
2:28 pm
just in universities, not just in universities. we have a new church founded in my town, planted, new church planted in my town. it's address is my synagogue. we rent to an evangelical church out of a ministry that is so pro israel it would make my hair grow back if it would. so taking the new pastor around town so he can meet people i arranged a meeting with our high school principal. and during the conversation with her i said do you use this particular text, the arab world note book reader? i will check on it. we show up for the meeting and there is that textbook on the table. we only use the good parts, the principal says.
2:29 pm
that's great. i read two good sentences. i guess that is okay to teach the kids, too. this is taught to high schoolers. i made an issue of it and i took the text. all i can say is that june 6, 2013 couldn't come fast enough for the school system because i was constantly in there arguing and screaming at english and history teachers. distorting history. facts are a funny thing. you can't fudge facts. public schools used as bully pulpits for indaoctrinatioindoc teachers distorting history. you know what you call that in school? it's called social studies.
2:30 pm
platitudes claim to denounce all hatreds except the oldest hatred. this is anti-semitism at its most basic. prejudices of all kinds lumped together, deemed analogous although only jews demonized, ghettoized, brutalized, exterminated. certainly in every generation. i want you to think about this. there was a final solution for the jews. the conference 1942. was there a final solution for the chinese? a final solution for the
2:31 pm
hispanics? a final solution for women who lobby for women's rights. were they rounded up and deported to concentration camps? homosexuals are ever the focus of christian or muslim eschatology. maybe slavery but i'll tell you something, slaveriy is not genocide. there have been other slaughters. generations of intertribal warfare willing each other. serbian massacres duringthe balkan wars. none of this compares to
2:32 pm
historical persecution of my people. no other group has suffered the same degree of torment over the millennia and the statistical evidence indicates that anti-semitism grows. fbi, adl both have the stats. i ask you, i beg of you to take isaiah's words to heart. be watch men along the tower and shout out what you see from the heights. if you don't it will continue to happen. but if you do you will not only be saving jews, you'll not only save christians but you will save the world. i thank you so much. [ applause
2:33 pm
[ applause ] >> wow. at this time i would like to introduce my friend and what i call brother with his wife lisa. jack hibz is the founder and senior pastor located in southern california, a search of approximately 9,000 attendees. jack began covering as a home fellowship church from calvary in 1990. today the church ministers to thousands through live stud dwrstudios. he has a great passion for the prophetic study of the bible, youth outreaches and the teaching of god's word. to date the church has seen over 1,000 people go out into the foreign field to continue the
2:34 pm
mission. jack is heard throughout europe, the middle east, africa, australia and throughout the hawaiien islands. he is best known for passionate expositional teachings and speaks about the urgency to impact our culture, urgency means to apply pressure, speak the truth in love and to speak the truth to apply pressure to our culture. he serves on the board of family research council, a nationwide group defending america's faith, family and freedom. one thing i would like to add, when i started speaking about this issue when it was not fashionable for anybody to pay attention, when pastors were asleep on this issue jack hibs invited me to speak at his church in 2006. he invited me again in 2007. he invited me again in 2010 to remember the 9/11 week we
2:35 pm
celebrated at his church. of all of the pastors who have lost their spine to political correctness in this country, when you listen to pastor jack hibs talking about the importance of protecting the nation you are listening to a hero who is putting his neck out. he was one of the very few very early on as a christian pastor to basically pick up the baton and start fighting to protect the nation. please help me give a welcome to my dear and close brother, jack hibs. [ applause ] thank you so much for that. rabbi john, you are my second favorite jew in the whole world. >> i don't know how to take that. >> it's good, believe me.
2:36 pm
i'm going to stay true to the time. so i set my timer. when that timer goes off, i will stop. to talk about persecution. i don't want to abuse my opportunity. i'm going to assume that you understand that tr is global persecution taking place, that you have seen the news and you know that. you are an educated group of people. you know what is happening. i want to talk about the genesis of persecution. hearing rabbi john talk, i love israel. i go to israel every year. i love the jewish people. i'm not jewish. i am english and portuguese. i read my bible in the scriptures tell us that in romans chapter 2 written by a good jew, the apostle paul, he said that is to gentiles that a jew can be those circumsized of the heart. and i say that today because the issue about persecution is
2:37 pm
against those who know god, who know the lord. against those who love israel not only against the christian but there is now other groups of late that are being persecuted that are hindus and others all because they will not bow to islam, to the call of islam. the global jihad taking place around the world. it is increasing. and yet what are we to take away from this? the whole issue is spiritual. i know that we can talk about national security issues. we can talk about as eric said that the united states, i have a hard time with this because i come from a military home. yes, eric is right. we have the greatest military in the world. we have the greatest freedoms in the world. yes, we have the greatest welt in the world. we don't have the will to exercise the greatest military in the world anymore. we may have the hardware but we don't have the will. we don't have the leadership to
2:38 pm
use such things. our freedom is a perception and not a reality. we are in this meeting. for some of us we will suffer from being at this meeting. why? because our freedoms are perception. they are not a reality anymore. we are living on the fumes, we would say. we talk about our wealth as a people. that is a perception, also. our nation is broke. why are these things happening? i believe we as a nation have turned the back on the god of abraham, isaac and jacob. when we tell god to take his ten commandments and get out of the public square we have turned our back on god. when mentioned in california, i don't know how it is in your state, but in our state our children are learning in seventh grade social studies to plot and plan the trip to mecca. they assume for one month an
2:39 pm
islamic name and they learn five versus from the quran. they are in california public schools reciting that there is no god but allah. if you don't do this you are in trouble. the parents are marginalized. he mentioned college campuses. the muslim brotherhood were doing a presentation. i asked the guy. i said, let's take everything off the table for a second. who has the better message? christianity or islam? he goes if you put it that way your message is way better than our message. i said why so. you have the savior, forgiveness of sins. he goes i don't believe that
2:40 pm
stuff. he says if your message were true, eternal life, great message but it's not true. and the ideology that eric mentioned at lunch a moment ago i want to bring up to you. we can use bombs and military. there is an aspect where we have to do that. when it is all said and done the ultimate truth is that it's an ideology that can only be changed from the inside out. we are not going to bomb our way out of this issue. we are not going to legislate our way out of the issue. every christian pastor has got to preach the word of god and equip their church to tell others the love of god. we need to tell the muslim community where we live that jesus christ died on the cross for their sins, that god loves them, too. it is the god of the bible that says love your enemies. i think it is impossible unless god touches our hearts. think about that.
2:41 pm
it's not human to love those who hate you. let them hate us. we'll love them. we have to love them firmly and strong. we have to love them. but it all comes down to this. i may botch this up. help me out. around the dome of the rock mosque in jerusalem says something to the effect that god is not begotten nor does god have a son. did you know that? second story on that mosque. thank you. are you aware of that? don't you think that is interesting that god is not begotten neither does god have a son? isn't it interesting isaiah chapter 7, chapter 9. the bible says god has a son. islam says he does not have a son. it comes down to the ideology of what you believe. jesus said i am the way, the truth and life and nobody comes through the father but through
2:42 pm
me. if that is true islam cannot be true. someone has to choose. joshua announced as for me, me and my family will serve the lord. that statement went out only after he challenged israel. choose who you are going to serve, the god of israel or pagan gods. which one will you serve? this is the issue today. nobody wants to talk about -- i know people will say we grew up not talking about religion or politics in our home. i grew up in a home of non-believers. i grew up in i guess a moral home. my parents would say it was a religious home. there was no bible. there was no talk of god. i knew growing up that jesus must be very important because my dad would use god and jesus christ in cursing. jesus must be somebody very
2:43 pm
important. i didn't grow up with moral when it comes to religion. my dad is just a marine. i shouldn't say just a marine. you love america and die for america and you don't whine about it. i thought that was good enough to live by until at the age of 19 i heard the gospel for the first time. it transformed my life. and so i have read the bible, the quran. you have to come to the conclusion there are two duly world views here, completely opposed. what i love about my christianity, i love pastor rabbi john's old testament knowledge. i don't have a new testament religion without an old testament fulfillment of great hebrew prophets. if you are a christian today you are going to be persecuted because you going to stand with the nation of israel and you will stand to present the gospel to muslims, too.
2:44 pm
and you are going to stand for america. if you understand it's not that we are republicans or democrats or independents or whatever. it's on the banner right here. we the people. where did they get that idea from? our founding fathers read the writings and studied the works of john lark. have you ever paused -- you ought to go to the nation archives and look at the may flower compact. barack obama stood in cairo, egypt and said that the united states is not founded upon christianity. ladies and gentlemen, i don't know what history book he is reading but the hosts did not get off the boat until they crafted the mayflower compact. have you taken the time to read the paragraphs. it announces they have come to announce the gospel of jesus christ to this continent. it is our roots. it's our history. we were founded upon christian world view values.
2:45 pm
where did they come from? take the time to go to the supreme court while you are here. take the time to walk in. take a tour where our legislators meet. you will find scriptural references and either in the -- i forget which house it is. but there is the statement in god we trust. when you go to the supreme court right in the middle of all the -- whose face is facing the supreme court justices? moses. did you know that? it says moses. right underneath his face. we are being persecuted because we have entered a time where the bible says in the last days perilous times will come. the bible says in the last days, lay it on heavy. in the last days the bible says god says you will know when i'm coming back because i will draw israel, the jew from all the
2:46 pm
nations of the world in the last days. ezekiel 36 and 37. i will uproot them from the lands they have been driven to and bring them back into their own land, the land he sesays i promised to abraham. and those scriptures have the word there. i believe i can argue with anybody on the existence of god with one word. the word is israel. you stand with israel you will be persecuted. you stand for the jew you will be persecuted. you stand for one god. you stand for one god who says i love you. god spoke to jeremiah and said you tell the people and it is this. i have loved you with an ever lasting love therefore with loving kindness have i drawn on you. we are here to proclaim the love of god in the midest of a war. is it beautiful? we are at war.
2:47 pm
we didn't ask for this war. it has been thrust upon us. this is the hour. i am going to argue from the christian's corner. i love my nation i don't know. can a nation rise or fall without his notice? can a sparrow fall to the ground without god seeing this? he said i have lived a long time and the longer i lived the more i know that god governs in the affairs of men. god knows what is happening. out of all of the nations in the world there is only one from genesis that has a promise and it is the nation of israel. i don't know what the promise is for america. i know god says my people will humble themselves and cry out to me. i will hear them and i will answer their prayer and heal their land. that was a promise given to israel.
2:48 pm
god says if my people. if you are a christian today the bible tells us we have been grafted into the commonwealth of israel. think of that. i'm being persecuted because i'm a lover of the bible and israel and of god. i am glad and happy to be persecuted. i want to end with this. i have seven minutes and 36 seconds. i want to end with this. if you attend church. if you don't attend a church will do me a favor? will you start attended a church? i want you to drive your pastor nuts. i want you to go to church and i want you to go right to the pastor and ask the pastor where are you regarding existence of nation of israel? where are you on the issue of national security? where are you on the issue of the unborn and the issue of sank
2:49 pm
taet of marriage? on these biblical issues. watch, you can't do that. those are political things. really? we have learned in california we learned this very, very clearly in 2007 we started a campaign because we saw the attack of our state legislature to go against marriage so we started something called proposition 8 defense of marriage. we got that approved by the governor of our state who doesn't seem to go away. jerry brown keeps coming back like one of those clowns you punch and comes right back at you. we live with him. and everything we did was legal. we got one and a half million ratified signatures on petitions, put it on the state ballot and it won in the election. and the definition for marriage in california was between a male
2:50 pm
and a female. i was brought before cbs news, nbc and fox news and asked why are you being political. i said i'm not being political. i'm being genesis chapter one. in genesis chapter one is under attack i'm a past yofr. rabbi john said it, we are to do what isiah said stand and blow the trumpet. we don't take popularity contests. we don't lick our finger and test the breeze of which way we out to lean. and the pastors in america need to stand up and need to stand for what's right. i don't care, you say pastor, you wound up losing eventually the marriage debate. listen, we won everything to the point in california where a rogue judge stepped in, one judge and overturned 7 million victory votes in the election.
2:51 pm
tyranny, ladies and gentlemen, tyranny. it's the judaeo-christian world view. it's amaidsing to me, i love saying this. my background is science, i love arguing the evolutionary thing and we have evolutionists that visit our church and one of them as i say to them i'm an american, christian, i'll go to war, don a military outfit and i'll fight for the freedom for you to be an atheist. our founders understood that. that in a judaeo-christian world view -- we're not asking everybody to be a christian or a jew. you can be an atheist in america. liberty and freedoms to be fought for. what you do with it is your business and this is where my heart is shaking at this hour. we are the greatest nation on the face of the earth. will she recover? will she revive? i don't know. i have given up on sacramento coming to our help. i have given up on washington,
2:52 pm
d.c., come to our help. the answer is not in the state house i found out. the answer is not in the white house. the answer is in god's house. listen, if christians would stand up and let truth be told, and take the rocks and the hits and the attacks, you see it doesn't matter if if we lose these momentary battles by fiat, judge or whatever. doesn't matter. listen, i'm so committed to losing those short term battle for standing for what's right, knowing that in the end if i'm biblical for what i'm standing for, in the end, i only seek the approval and smile of one individual, and he is god. it's god that i'm living for. it's god that i want you to live for. bridgette loves this country, this ministry, this work loves this country, but it won't survive unless we defend liberty. and i'm curious, i have three minutes left and two seconds. i'm wondering, do you know where the spirit and the argument that
2:53 pm
is attributed for this nation's revolutionary period came from? do you know who's attributed for being the spirit of the revolution? anybody know this? okay, someone just really hit the nail on the head. i was going to kind of build up to the awesome ending but he just said it so god bless you, thanks for coming. no, i'm kidding. he said it exactly right, it was the colonial preachers. i encourage to you go to williamsburg or mt. vernon, you can buy their sermons by the way, it's not cheap, but you can buy those colonial sermons and you ought to read them. you know who read them? he read them all. you can read his own writing, he says i read them all. guy by the name of samuel adams. sam adams, not the beer guy. [ laughter ] by the way if you're a sam adams beer fan, it's -- >> boston. >> sorry, boston. it's sam adams' dad was the malt
2:54 pm
brewer. it was his dad. his dad didn't want samuel jr. to do what he's doing. he sent his son to ministry, to a seminary, to learn bible. did you know that? he was supposed to be a preacher, samuel adams. and he had a cousin, by the way that, did the same thing, john. and it was funny, because john's parents heard john adams try to preach a sermon and his dad told him, "don't ever try that again." he said "son your calling is in the law." samuel adams tried to preach and he failed at it miserably. thomas jefferson turned and he said there would never be a revolution without samuel adams, because samuel adams, he said, from the scripture, samuel adams confessed himself, received from the bible an understanding of what liberty is, that it's sown in the hearts of men because it came from god and when you read jefferson at the memorial, go there and read those granite
2:55 pm
marble panels. you'll understand that. when you read samuel adams, you'll understand that. that this great experiment that you and i are sitting in on our watch, it could crash. it could be destroyed. was it ronald reagan or someone great said that our freedom, its extinction is only one generation away. and we've got kids today that all they do is this. listen, if evolution's true there's going to be a third eye that grows out of the forehead because that's all they do is walk around like this. listen, again, john adams said, facts are stubborn things. you try to give people facts these days and information, they can't even recognize a fact when it hits them in the face. we need to pray. we need to cry out. we need to get engaged again in our culture. we need to stand for what's right. we need to remember that, from jew, gentile, to atheist, we're in this together.
2:56 pm
my time is up. my jack bauer alarm is telling me that it's up. listen, we must stand. listen, i'm not going to tell you how to vote. if you come to california, i'll tell you how to vote, but you've got to vote. you say i don't like any person -- none of them are good enough. listen, if you're a christian and you're not going to vote because, listen, i heard somebody tell me today i'm going to vote for jesus. hey, listen, shocker, jesus ain't running for office. listen, listen, you got to vote. vote for who will stand for israel. vote for who will stand for the unborn. vote for who will stand for marriage. god bless you.
2:57 pm
>> all right, we're going to have a few minutes of q&a if you'd like to ask a question. make it quick, thank you. >> yes, i have a question i'd like to ask of rabbi john. why, because it seemed to be so many so-called self-hating jews, and why don't they vote in israel's interests? >> honestly, because they haven't been on the march with me. you want -- honestly, honestly, you know, it's an interesting phenomenon, one that my brother and i we like to call them the un-jews, and i think it really stems for, stems from a lack of, a lack of facility with traditional jewish texts and traditional jewish values, so they replaced those values with
2:58 pm
the op-ed page of the "new york times," honestly. and by the way, just to let you know, i live with it in my own family. anybody who is jewish, we have legions of people in our own families who are like this. my daughter is not like this, because i told her if she voted like that, that i would not pay for college. [ laughter ] why are you laughing? it's a true story. >> good afternoon. i'd like to ask both of you, as a jew, what is it within the christian churches that is keeping them so silent about persecution of christians in the middle east? what is going on? >> to be honest with you, i don't think many churches in america are talking about it because it's not going to swell the rank and file of the pew attendance. it's not popular. it's not a cool thing to talk
2:59 pm
about. unfortunately, the broad christian community in america wants to have a warm and fuzzy feeling on a sunday after a real rough week and i don't think that's what god's all about. the truth of the matter, is i actually believe strongly that all that stands in the place around the world with what's taking place with iraq and just everywhere, is the opportunity for us christians free in the west to get involved. it's amazing to realize bible prophecy, the hebrew prove the hes and apostles warned persecution would come in the last days. this is an opportunity to love them, to get out and help them. global hope say great work that we're working with. hope for iraq is a great work but there's so many open toos. it's endless, okay? you got to get involved and again i'm a big fan of holding your pastor accountable. go to them in the foyer, meet up with them, find them and say we've got to do something. we've got to do something about
3:00 pm
this. i think it's a popularity thing. it's not a cool topic, which is ridiculous. >> and i approach it from a slightly different perspective, because the pastor mentioned about holding your pastors accountable. i think a good cleric, rabbi or pastor should hold his or her congregation, church or synagogue accountable. it's not my job to make you feel comfortable. it is my job to protect you and also my job to challenge you and if if people don't like my synagogue there's plenty other synagogues in the area that you can go to them. i don't need them. >> rabbi hausmann, i am asking for for permission thank you for something. i'm the director of click column wide for national hadassa, director of research for america. >> my mother is a life member, my grandmother was a life member, my daughter is a fourth generation life member. keep up the good work.
3:01 pm
>> i am trying my best, and for bridgette, i do, i am the researcher for the textbook project but i want to tell you that my hardest job is not the publishing houses. my hardest jobs are the rabbis in this country. my hardest job is dealing with what goes on in the hebrew day schools, where they won't let me in to look at the textbooks. so i want to tell you, from the bottom of my heart, that i thank you. i thank you as a jew, as a president of a synagogue, and i thank you for standing up and saying that it is your job to protect my people, because i do not hear that, and to you, i say from the bottom of my heart, [ speaking in foreign language ] may you be inscribed in the book of life. [ speaking in hebrew ]
3:02 pm
>> thank you both for coming and sharing some good information for us. i hads misfortune last year working at i religious college that decided to hire a palestinian activist to do religious outreach and as part of the annual peace conference, we focused on divestment from fossil fuels and somehow israel is now fossil fuel. what troubles me is not that this institution basically had a play tantly anti-semitic program paid for with institutional funds which they proudly display still on the internet, but the students have no idea about the true history. they are at the mercy of faculty who know better. my question, for those of us who are hence nonrenewed, how do we
3:03 pm
reach these students to protect them from the professoriat? >> i can only speak from personal experience. before we sent ours off to college, okay, we knew very well that their job was to learn, their jobs were to learn how to think critical ly and we are sending them oto college with te tools to defend themselves. i don't mean guns and knives. i mean the tools to protect themselves intellectually. i mean, you all know that the universities, they were compromised back in the 1920s. you all know that. that's when educational theory was overtaken by the left, and we're suffering for it today. you know? i don't know when it became tipper gore not to think critically, not to read a
3:04 pm
newspaper critically. i just don't know. you got to do those two things. it doesn't mean that a college kid's going to be able to challenge a professor because of course, you got grades involved, okay, but a good professor, even from the left, will say listen, if you're going to argue, argue from fact. you know? >> the scripture says that we need to be quick prepared, to be able to give an answer to everyone for the reason of the hope that lies within us with respect and with really a compost spirit. having said that, your observation is critical, because we look at the university campus today, and i want to hesitate because i still have some hope somewhere but it's as though it's lost. but if you have a junior higher high schooler, you're getting your child ready to go off to school, i tell you what, man, you better put out all stops to get them equipped. lot of ministries equip them.
3:05 pm
summit ministry in colorado is a great ministry for this, prepare your kid for the campus. this is what happens, first day of school, happening today, this week across america, things like this, the professors will say so let's get to know the class, this happens all across the land. let's get to know the class. mike, your name, what's your interest? and they're hunting, looking for the christian. this is a strategy in public school. they'll find out someone i'm jack, and i believe in god. oh, you believe in god? let's talk about that, and that professor will mark that kid and absolutely prove to the class they can't defend their faith on what it is they believe in and christianity is silenced in the course for the rest of the year. you need to equip your kid to do what rabbi just said. your child needs to be able to question and be able to challenge. we need as parents we have thought well i'll let the schools teach the kids. no one has your child's best interests in mind than you do. you need to equip them.
3:06 pm
>> i'm just going to add an epilogue to this by show of hands. how many people here are not parents? okay. so here's the scoop. here's the scoop. if you are a parent, or if you are a grandparent, if you're an involved aunt or uncle, you need to know what your kids are studying in college. true story. as i told you most of my true stories are true stories, okay? [ laughter ] all right, kid comes home, kid comes home and says "i'm majoring in sociology." my response was "i don't think so." [ laughter ] [ applause ] why are they laughing? kelly, why are they laughing? it's a true story. it's a true story. no, this is not funny. stop laughing. >> it's a good answer. >> life is comedy. >> a couple days later, how about women studies, and i said,

21 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on