Skip to main content

tv   Liberally Stephanie Miller  Current  May 23, 2012 6:00am-9:00am PDT

6:00 am
>> stephanie: hello, current tv fans. jacki schechner, because we tortured you somewhat yesterday, i was going to get you a sexy liberal boy toy for a present this morning. >> what does that look like? >> stephanie: everybody is late. i was going to get you -- >> well. i'll take a -- >> stephanie: mike a male stripper but he's not here yet. so it is you and i. so let's pretend it is a
6:01 am
feminine freshness commercial. how are you, jacki? >> i don't know where to go with that. >> stephanie: here they are. you're too late for jacki. we're talking just us girls now. >> not only did i make it but i found him. >> stephanie: oh and he got you an extra male stripper. >> i get two for the price of one with this morning! >> stephanie: all right. jacki schechner in the current news center. sheer see is. >> good morning, everyone. so we knew president obama would win the latest primaries in kentucky and arkansas but he wasn't uncontested and it wasn't a complete landslide. in arkansas, wolfe from tennessee ended up walking away with 40% of the vote. wolfe was on the primary ballot in louisiana and new hampshire. he will be on the ballot in texas. he's run for congress four times unsuccessfully. in kentucky, 42% of democratic primary voters voted for uncommitted rather than voting for president obama. you might remember this comes just two weeks after democrats in west virginia gave 41 pest of the vote to a convicted felon.
6:02 am
president obama is not expected to win any of those states come november. some of that has to do with white voters in the south refusing to support a black president. but many people are also unhappy with president obama's policies on energy and coal. in other news, congressman brad sherman came up with a clever idea to get pictures of his family into the media. it is so clever, we'll give it to him. he sent two version of a mailer to jewish voters. one with his mom and one with her photo shopped out knowing it would spark possible controversy and it did. in a video posted on buzzfeed sherman explains this was totally intentional. the strategy, he says, is that people will see his family and vote for him. he's running against a fellow jewish democratic congressman in a redistricted district here in california. it would be california's 30th district. that primary is june 5th. both men howard berman and brad
6:03 am
sherman are present congressmen and now they're forced to run against each other. we're online in chat. you can join us to talk about this and anything else you want. current.com/stephaniemiller. we'll be right back. some we'd been experimenting with for years others...we just found a cool ingredient. many we brewed just once to see how they would taste. why? -- because at sam adams we love beer. ♪ ♪
6:04 am
♪ i don't wanna be right ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ if being right means being without you ♪ [ record scratch ] what?! it's not bad for you. it just tastes that way. [ female announcer ] honey nut cheerios cereal -- heart-healthy, 100% whole grain oats... and that sweet honey taste. you can't go wrong loving it. bee happy. bee healthy.
6:05 am
>>(narrator) gavin newsom, lieutenant governor of california, and former mayor of san francisco is on current tv. >>every night on cable news networks everyone's focusing on what's wrong. i want this show to move past that. i love creative people, and with all the vexing problems we have we
6:06 am
need creative thinking. >>(narrator) with interviews with notables from silicon valley, hollywood, and beyond. >>at the end of the day this show's simple. it's about ideas. ideas are the best politics. ideas can bring us together. >>(narrator) the gavin newsom show. friday at 11 eastern/8 pacific. only on current tv. ♪ katrina and the waves ♪ >> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's "the stephanie miller show." ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ and it's time to feel good ♪ ♪ hey, all right now ♪ ♪ time to feel good ♪ >> stephanie: mm-hmm. it is "the stephanie miller show." all the boys are in the fort. six minutes after the hour. i thought jacki schechner and i were going to have to have a for
6:07 am
girls only day. he's here. heavy breathing i hear. could it be -- sexy liberal male stripper? hump days. >> strip down. >> stephanie: hello. back from the road. with his band. [ screaming ] >> go to the page on facebook, there are a lot of naked pictures of me. clubs we were playing were extraordinarily hot. >> stephanie: i had a visual of the old reporters running in the phone booths. >> right. >> stephanie: they just crushed the 011 site. >> nude pictures on facebook. what a surprise. >> stephanie: all right. sexy liberal.com. look at what i'm sporting. the new i'm a sexy liberal cap. along with the i'm too sexy to vote republicans caps flying out the door. somebody said -- i'll send that to you. we need to post that.
6:08 am
somebody sent a picture of their 90-year-old mother wearing a sexy liberal hat. awesome! check into the web site for all of the upcoming dates. how is the band? how is the road? >> it is amazing and crazy and everything that you hear about -- it was almost as if every -- you ever see an interview, your favorite artist, remember in the beginning one time we were doing this gig and the entire sound system caught fire. >> oh, god! >> or they -- any random number of things. the police raided the place and it was the wrong building or whatever. almost every show had something like that. and it was a blast! >> stephanie: awesome. >> i was going to sing with one of the opening bands in chicago and i'm walking up to check and see if they're ready for me to sing with them and i look outside and somebody's towing my car. like towing the rental car that i had. >> stephanie: spinal tap. >> do i go this way and go on stage and sing or do i go that way and lay down in front of a tow truck like arthur dent going
6:09 am
i think i'm authorized because i'm performing here. it was bananas! >> stephanie: you seamlessly slipped back into politics, you were recounting almost word for word a conversation on the young turks about healthcare. >> right. did i that show with john that he fills in on occasionally, he's terrific. it was the same production team that does the young turks and they were making that -- >> stephanie: the internet show. it is fabulous. >> it is. they were making this argument that you always hear about the public option that you know, obama gave it away and that was that. they just kind of walk away. i was like wait! wait one damn minute. >> stephanie: i'm a happy clappy liberal! obama politics in the house. >> if you're trying to sell a house and you want to sell it at $300, you start at $500,000 and work your way down. i went do you realize in this case, that's a terrible analogy because he wasn't negotiating with someone who wanted to buy the house. he was negotiating with
6:10 am
arsonists who were going to burn it down! >> stephanie: thank you! [ applause ] >> stephanie: he gave a speech about why we need to get rid of the filibuster. you're never going to get anything done. it doesn't matter who's in. we're having senator merkley tomorrow who is working on -- and harry reid has admitted several times he was right about the system is broken. we have to do something about the filibuster. we'll talk to him about that. harry reid is coming around on that. ♪ let's hear it for the boy ♪ ♪ let's give the boy a hand ♪ >> let's hear is for the boy who's got 17 grandchildren. >> stephanie: jim ward, who said the idea that you've got private equity companies that come in and take companies apart so they can make profits and have people lose their jobs,
6:11 am
that's not what the republican party is about. who said that? >> james duhan. >> just shot into space. >> stephanie: hal sparks? >> rick perry. >> stephanie: yes! rick perry. >> stephanie: they're running ads with what all the republicans said. [ laughter ] >> rick perry just shot himself in his face this weekend. [ laughter ] [ ♪ "jeopardy" theme ♪ ] >> stephanie: jim, who said the bain model is to go in at a low price, borrow an immense amount of money and pay bain an immense amount of money. i think that's exploitation. who said that? >> gordon cooper. >> it was -- >> stephanie: it was newt gingrich. [ applause ] >> i remember him. he was running for president at one point, wasn't he? madly. for a long time! >> stephanie: who said instead
6:12 am
of trying to work with them to find a way to keep the jobs and to get them back on their feet, it is all about how much money we can make. how quick we can make it and get out of town to find the next car cass to feed upon. who said that? [ ♪ "jeopardy" theme ♪ ] >> hal sparks? >> was he also in the coffin? >> he was one of the people. >> i'm going to go with marcus bachmann. [ buzzer ] >> stephanie: no. governor rick perry. [ applause ] >> oops. >> oops. >> stephanie: you don't deserve a bonus round but i'm going to give you one anyway. [ ♪ "jeopardy" theme ♪ ] who said there is something about raping companies and setting up swiss bank accounts and corporate businesses in the grand caymans. i have a serious problem with that. what are we supposed to be comparing president obama to if we don't compare it to the record this man has with bain capital. who said that? >> marcus backman. marcus bachmann. [ buzzer ] >> no.
6:13 am
>> clyburn. >> stephanie: jim, guess who said this. >> huh? >> there's something about raping companies and leaving them in debt and setting up swiss bank accounts in corporate businesses, in the grand grand caymans, i have a real serious problem with that. >> clydesdale jim burn. >> stephanie: clydesdale dressage horse. >> that would be one heck of a dressage horse. >> stephanie: how about that cory booker? sparks, i wanted to throttle him. >> 500 and swhafer -- whatever, 40,000 from bain capital. >> patrick has gotten on board to support bain. >> so has dianne feinstein. >> oh, please. >> stephanie: i was going to
6:14 am
say that with the video with chris christie and cory booker looked like a scene from the sopranos. you're like whatever. >> i don't know anything about -- >> stephanie: a character's name. >> yeah. >> stephanie: someone would not shine a spotlight at it, it might have slipped by unnoticed! >> hard to slip by. >> people have dvrs. >> i leave for a month and you guys haven't worked that out? >> stephanie: they're going to put that on a loop with a ring tone. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: big [ bleep ] [ bleep ] [ bleep ] hey, speaking of which, how about that segue? did you hear about the preacher? there's good news on marriage equality polling and all of that. then there's this guy. yet another homophobic north carolina preacher. >> pastor worley. >> he's fun. >> stephanie: we hope no relation to joanne. >> no relation whatsoever. >> i figured a way out a way to
6:15 am
get rid of all lesbians and queers. but i couldn't get it past the congress. build a great big large fence, 150 or 100 mile long, put all the lesbians in there. fly over and drop some food. do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. >> both of them. >> have the fence electrified so they can't get out. feed them and you know what? in a few years they'll die off. you know why they -- you know why? they can't reproduce. >> what do you feed lesbians? >> stephanie: i can tell you. >> some sushi. >> apparently lots of leftovers from the previous evening. >> yes. >> leftovers from wherever you eat. >> people wonder why when we do generic, stupid person we chuck
6:16 am
a southern accent on it. >> stephanie: seriously, right? >> they allow people like worley to be their representatives. he's a leader in that community. >> stephanie: that's like a character on heehaw. pastor worley. >> big ole electrified fence throw all of the queers in there. >> stephanie: well, mike formerly mike in raleigh, he think this sounds really fun. he's down with this totally. >> i figured a way out. a way to get rid of all lesbians and queers. build a great big large fence -- ♪ put all the lesbians in there. ♪ a lot of work to be done ♪ >> do the same thing with the queers and the home me sexuals. ♪ we'll still have to feed everyone ♪ ♪ we're going to lock all of you in electric avenue ♪
6:17 am
>> a fence at least 100 mile. ♪ we're going to trap all of you with electric fences too ♪ ♪ it is all here in our flier ♪ >> great big large fence. and have that fence electrified so they can't get out. ♪ theme from "electric avenue" ♪ [ applause ] >> we're going to rock down. >> stephanie: he thought he was going to quit me until he moved to vail. keep working on the road! [ applause ] >> it is increasing -- here's from thing part and the good thing about the whole worley upside, the silver lining is it is all of the preachers like worley who are really on the downward cusp of age who are saying ridiculous -- >> stephanie: even the audience. sometimes they will say amen and you could tell that was a little like -- uh -- >> i brought my gay friend to church so show him we're not all
6:18 am
bad. nice timing, psycho. >> stephanie: it was like a romney crowd. >> he's a community leader. that is completely irresponsible. >> well, believe me, the reason he's saying gays and homosexuals and lesbians -- >> and queers. >> and homosexuals is because he can get away with saying that. if he really said what he wanted to which is jews, he would have a problem. >> stephanie: all right. >> electrifying a fence around people. >> stephanie: exactly. that sounded a little reminiscent. 18 minutes after the hour. hump day with hal sparks. kids, how could we work? you can't keep track of hal sparks not even with gps. you need go to my pc. i tuesday on my ipad, my iphone. go to my pc by citrix. you have access to your work computer or home computer from wherever you are. >> very convenient. >> you from your couch. >> if i'm too lazy to walk into
6:19 am
my office in my apartment. >> stephanie: isn't this a day of mourning, the guy who invented the remote died. >> which one? >> the one with actual buttons or the old-fashioned one that used to click really loud. >> stephanie: the point is anything that it's lows -- that allows chris to remain on his couch is a good thing. turning your laptop, iphone or android tablet into your office computer. go to my pc. sets up in minutes try go to my pc today with our special 45-day free trial. go to my pc.com and click on the try it free button and enter the promo code stephanie. you can download the app to your computer. 19 minutes after the hour. back with more hump days with hal on "the stephanie miller show." >> announcer: join the party. 1-800-steph-12.
6:20 am
if you have copd like i do you know how hard it can be to breathe and what that feels like. copd includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema. spiriva helps control my copd symptoms by keeping my airways open a full 24 hours. plus, it reduces copd flare-ups. spiriva is the only once-daily inhaled copd maintenance treatment that does both. and it's steroid-free. spiriva does not replace fast-acting
6:21 am
inhalers for sudden symptoms. tell your doctor if you have kidney problems glaucoma, trouble urinating, or an enlarged prostate. these may worsen with spiriva. discuss all medicines you take, even eye drops. stop taking spiriva and seek immediate medical help if your breathing suddenly worsens your throat or tongue swells you get hives, vision changes or eye pain, or problems passing urine. other side effects include dry mouth and constipation. nothing can reverse copd. spiriva helps me breathe better. does breathing with copd weigh you down? ask your doctor if spiriva can help.
6:22 am
vice president al gore joins jennifer granholm. >>we're just getting started. >>the state of the 2012 campain. brought to you by
6:23 am
♪ american woman ♪ ♪ stay away from me ♪ ♪ american woman ♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. >> stephanie: it is "the stephanie miller show." hump day with hal sparks. 1-800-steph-12. toll free from anywhere. dana in maryland wants to welcome hal hutch daddy home. >> caller: hi, steph, how are you? >> good morning. >> caller: i'm totally shaking right now, i'm so nervous. >> stephanie: oh, my god. >> caller: welcome back. we love you this house. absolutely brilliant. brilliant. thank you. >> thank you. >> caller: miss the show and now my son is watching lab rats.
6:24 am
>> stephanie: you have crossed the house -- [ explosion ] >> caller: i think you're fabulous and i so miss the show but i have my dvds. i thought we would send them to the reverend. maybe pass out from -- send emmett over there. >> if there's any indication you know, if past is prologue, he's probably got a set if you know what i mean. >> caller: exactly. exactly. we just think you're great. >> stephanie: aw. >> caller: i love the show. i watch it every morning. >> stephanie: dana, i have watched women shaken in front of hal sparks. i can picture you right now. >> caller: he's totally precious. he's tasty and delicious. [ screaming ] >> tasty? >> caller: come to baltimore. >> stephanie: all right. have someone hose you down now. >> i played the arlington cinema draft house in washington so go to my web site and sign up and all of that stuff and you'll get
6:25 am
a alert when i'm coming to town. >> stephanie: over the top. >> you know what it is? >> stephanie: people are crazy. >> it is all of the rock shots that are on my facebook page now >> instagram. >> follow me on instagram. that's an insight. yeah. >> stephanie: patrice in oakland, you're on "the stephanie miller show." hi patrice. >> caller: good morning, guys. >> stephanie: good morning. >> caller: i'm a little teed off by the so-called surrogates of bain capital. one of the things me and my niece talked about yesterday was these clowns make the case for why corporations and money and politics is bad for democracy. the fact that they're defending a company that literally is trying to wipe out the middle class. they're giving talking points to these republicans and i mean it is just -- it is mind boggling to me. it is like are you trying to
6:26 am
sabotage this man's re-election bid? i don't think it is going to work. i still think that he's going to overall he's going to win and i think he's going to win by a pretty huge margin. once the debate starts and everything gets out in the open -- >> stephanie: patrice, we need to -- i think we need to trade cory booker for john sununu and make a trade. >> i think she's on to something. >> stephanie: we'll throw in the cubs. >> we will not. >> stephanie: i can do that. >> you cannot! that's a dually -- representative of the chicago. >> stephanie: the guy is a tool. >> the daughter who is gay is one of the obama's bund letters. >> stephanie: really? >> the surrogates are only concerned about themselves and their own campaign finance. >> i think this is part of the reason because they know he's got a good marge and all of the categories so they can come out and protect their nest egg essentially and go against him
6:27 am
on occasion and heavily because they know it will just kind of be brushed off. but we can't afford to ever let this get even remotely close. that's the mistake kerry made and gore made. >> stephanie: john sununu said romney's entire business record at bain capital should be fair game but then i love this. but then accused obama of cherry picking the company's failed investments. only talk about the success. you're only allowed to talk about bain capital if you talk about the things -- >> then you can't talk about romney's record. if you only talk about the success. >> stephanie: exactly. cory booker yesterday. >> here they are plucking sound bytes out of the interview to manipulate them in a cynical manner to use them for their own purposes. that slogan is really what had me and my entire staff really fit to be tied. >> stephanie: he got himself into this one. span with cory booker. which is irritating but that's
6:28 am
what republicans do. you can't go on and say stuff like that. >> you know what's interesting because that place is a den anyways. you get surrounded in that place. because what -- that statistic that just came out 70% of the people are old white males. >> stephanie: republican old white males. there's like one -- >> stephanie: the president got bin laden. let's ask people from the bush administration about how much credit george bush deserves. >> you know what? i do agree with that but run the cameras during the break. because then you would hear them doing damn it! >> right. >> stephanie: 29 minutes after the hour. back with more hump days with hal on "the stephanie miller show."
6:29 am
that redefined tv journalism. >>we're going to places where few others are going. >>it doesn't get anymore real than this. >>occupy! >>we will have class warfare. >>i'm being violated by the health-care system. >>we're patrolling the area looking for guns, drugs, bodies. >>we go in and spend a considerable amount of time getting to know the people and the characters that are actually living these stories. >>the award winning series "vanguard" new episodes coming soon. only on current tv.
6:30 am
6:31 am
6:32 am
it's go time. >>every weeknight cenk uygur calls out the mainstream media. >>the guys in the middle class the guys in the lower end got screwed again. >>i think you know which one we're talking about.
6:33 am
the overwhelming majority of the country says"tax the rich, don't go to war." >>just wanted to clarify that. >> announcer: stephanie miller. >> doesn't matter. she gets it. she's pretty. >> stephanie: it is "the stephanie miller show." 34 minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-12. now, chris i'm going to have to get extra security because hal sparks is showing up at my party. [ screaming ] there will be kids there and there will be screaming lab ratú fan children. i'm going to have to get extra hoses. [ screaming ] >> all for electrified fence around stephanie miller's house. >> stephanie: karaoke dance party. every party i go to is one.
6:34 am
>> as soon as i show up, it is a karaoke dance party. >> stephanie: you'll have to fight the karaoke king, jim ward. >> he brings the harmonica. >> stephanie: he brought an amp and a harmonica. he does this amazing mick jagger impression. everyone is like show-off! no one is going to want to go now! you can't follow jim! [ laughter ] >> stephanie: all right. let's go to carol in pennsylvania, you're on "the stephanie miller show." hi carol. >> caller: hi. so many topics, so little time. i think it is time to give all of these people, including the house of representatives a taste of their own medicine. if they vote against healthcare or really important bill that we all need, they should have it taken away from them. this rev rend down south -- this reverend down south he should be put in a concentration camp. >> simmer down. >> stephanie: settle.
6:35 am
>> simmer down. you know what he should do? he should be allowed to age watching the rest of society move ahead without him because that's why he's going nuts. that's why a lot of the guys are. >> stephanie: we have to do our idea. it gets worse for homophobes. >> can't understand the world anymore. >>i don't understand. >> i used to put people in a head-lock in school. >> stephanie: i went to school with david. my crystal meth lab blew up in my pants this weekend. >> the lesbians and queers get all of the money. >> you're fired! sorry. you're not fired. >> stephanie: you're rehired. >> and not showing up for work and being drunk. >> stephanie: the electric lesbian pen. rose is a bisexual. i think jim should be in charge of that. >> is there electric fence limbo. >> stephanie: hello, rose. >> caller: i was wondering where i would fit in this electrical
6:36 am
fence. i guess i would be straddling it, a little dangerous. >> wow. >> it could be fun. >> how electrified it is. >> stephanie: uncle jim ward will sort you out. decide which pen you go into. >> i'm sure the electricity is turned up to 11. >> oh, boy! >> stephanie: rose, you know there is going to be a lesbian electrician that will know how to make the fence vibrate instead of be electric. >> caller: he's how they can do that. they can take care of the deficit by selling tickets then. >> stephanie: either way you're covered rose. >> electric fence rides, 5 cents. you must be this tall. >> like the supermarket pony. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: we make it pay-per-view and poof, there goes the deficit. >> i frittered away -- >> stephanie: cha-ching, cha-ching. like the numbers at mcdonald's, going down.
6:37 am
>> in reverse. it starts rolling. [woman moaning] >> they like it. my plan is -- >> yes, yes! >> i'm going to go electrify my face. >> stephanie: she gets religious there at the end for the pastor. everybody is happy in the end. [ ♪ magic wand ♪ ] >> happy ending. >> solar powered electric fence. >> stephanie: al gore is happy, too. charles from los angeles. you're on the show. >> caller: i want the audience to know there is currently somebody good look on current tv [ ♪ magic wand ♪ ] >> stephanie: you sly dog. >> i think he was talking about hal. >> no, he's talking about steph. >> stephanie: am i in hal's light? >> caller: yes, you are. >> stephanie: go ahead charles. >> caller: regarding this guy, worley, okay, what he said was outrageous. but he's not the only one. we've seen this from piece passes time and time again.
6:38 am
the racial double standard when it comes to reporting if this man had been black, it would be black homophobia, black homophobia in a black church all over the media. but when somebody white says something like this, you never hear the term white homophobia in a white church. i would like you guys to address that. >> sadly, it's sort of ubiquitous in churches of that age range. the reason it doesn't make news isn't because they're avoiding it. it is because it is kind of understood sadly. >> stephanie: the reason the numbers are moving so quickly and dramatically in gay rights is because they were saying black people didn't have the benefit in civil rights of people suddenly realizing their son or daughter or their neighbor or their doctor was black. they knew. that's what they're saying is the predicator. >> plus they didn't watch will and grace. >> and no modern family, too. >> stephanie: here is the breaking news. nate silver says there has been
6:39 am
a dramatic zero shift in the poll since obama came out for gay marriage. all of the polls -- obama had a 0.2% lead after he came off of marriage equality. he has 1.7% lead. his numbers have slightly improved since coming out for gay marriage. [ applause ] the one thing i found troubling is one poll, it was a huge percentage of people saying the president did it for political reasons and not because it was the right thing to do. but -- right there that's progress. >> it is. >> stephanie: people think it is going to help you politically? just in the last election. >> in one cycle we've gone from it is a whole negative in politics to it is a whole positive. the republicans are actually saying that he's doing it just as -- as calculated political maneuvering. the fact that they would even be allowed to say that outloud is -- within their party is amazing and it points to the fact that -- >> stephanie: how far we've
6:40 am
come. >> they're aware of it. they're now aware of it. how behind the times they are. >> there is the whole generation that doesn't care. >> stephanie: that's what i love. i love when we don't have to talk about it anymore. >> i talked to another radio personality who will remain nameless. >> stephanie: let's. >> while doing interviews, press for the band tour. i went on. he's a huge right-winger. annoyingly so. doesn't believe a word he's saying most of the time but says it because roger ales does. he made the case that he doesn't care about gay marriage. very overtly saying he doesn't care. which means he does care but he can't defend it. >> stephanie: i wonder if it is the right wing host i'm thinking of that said the same thing to me privately. >> probably. i wouldn't rule it out. yeah. >> stephanie: very famous one. >> yes. the point being is that they don't -- they get boxed in so hard on that conversation because the only backpedal --
6:41 am
the only fallback position you have is jesus. the only part you have is catholicism because that's really the last bastian these days. >> jesus didn't say anything about homosexuality. >> stephanie: the thing you never can get an answer on is okay, if it is in the bible, we have to start killing shrimp eaters, we have to start -- >> you can sell your daughters into slavery. >> polyblend slacks. >> stephanie: that's the thing about the national organization of marriage memo trying to drive a wedge between gays and blacks. if you're going to tell black people to do everything in the bible, you have to be slaves again. that's in the bible. how do you get around that? >> you don't. that's the thing. that's why a lot of self-professed libertarians are quote-unquote independents, the crowd of independents who used to be republicans but run from their two-cycles of bush votes. i voted for bush. >> stephanie: they always vote
6:42 am
republican. amy in iowa, you're on with hal sparks. >> this is the official musicologist of "the stephanie miller show." two things for you, first is a piece of poetic justice. one of my friends, one of my best friends works as a teacher in the greater cincinnati area. and unfortunately, she lives in the boehner's district. and they are at the capitalist party central and they've been doing layoffs and layoffs and layoffs and so on. she's heartbroken because all of her friends are losing their jobs. well guess who lost their job in the last round of layoffs? >> stephanie: oh dear. >> baby boehner. >> stephanie: who is baby boehner? >> his daughter. >> caller: who teaches sex ed. >> wow! >> stephanie: boehner's daughter teaches sex ed? >> she just got laid? >> i'm so sorry. i wanted to tell you that the
6:43 am
big thing going around on facebook for this worley guy is a wickedly beautiful response to north carolina's latest gay-bashing minister and we are all sending in donations to places like the human rights campaign and the trevor project in his name. >> stephanie: awesome. hee and then a hee. >> he gets the card! >> stephanie: i love sexy liberals! >> build a bigger fence! >> stephanie: yikes! that's funny. >> put myself in there. >> stephanie: audrey in l.a. you're on "the stephanie miller show." >> caller: hi, stephanie. i'm so disappointed in the democrats, especially dianne feinstein for throwing our president under the bus regarding bain capital. i was wondering are there numbers we can call and let them know how we feel? i am really furious.
6:44 am
>> stephanie: you know what? sorry, jim. chris, we'll post that on stephanie miller facebook. >> the capital switchboard. we'll post that on the facebook page. >> i wonder if they made money off of bain capital and they're protecting their own investments. >> stephanie: the president yesterday. >> my opponent, mitt romney, his main calling card for why he thinks he should be president is his business experience. he's not touting his experience in massachusetts. he's saying i'm a business guy. i know how to fix it. this is his business. and when you're president as opposed to the head of a private equity firm, your job is not simply to maximize profits. your job is to figure out how everybody in the country has a fair shot. [ ♪ "jeopardy" theme ♪ ] >> stephanie: who said we find it hard for rich companies to loot a company leaving 1700 families without a job. who said that? >> no doubt mitt
6:45 am
romney was worried about pink slips, whether he would have enough to hand out because of bain capital and all of the jobs they killed. >> herman cain. >> stephanie: [ train whistle blows ] that. [ applause ] >> stephanie: 45 san francisco is on current tv. the hour. more hump days with hal >>every night on cable news stephanie miller show." networks everyone's focusing on >> it is like what's wrong. i want this show to move past that. i love creative people, and with all with the vexing problems we have we it is "the stephanie miller need creative thinking. show." >>(narrator) with interviews with notables from silicon valley, hollywood, and beyond. >>at the end of the day this show's simple. it's about ideas. ideas are the best politics. ideas can bring us together. >>(narrator) the gavin newsom show. friday at 11 eastern/8 pacific. only on current tv. lieutenant governor of california, and former mayor of san francisco is on current tv. >>every night on cable news networks everyone's focusing on what's wrong. i want this show to move past that. i love creative people, and with all the vexing problems we have we
6:46 am
need creative thinking. >>(narrator) with interviews with notables from silicon valley, hollywood, and beyond. >>at the end of the day this show's simple. it's about ideas. ideas are the best politics. ideas can bring us together. >>(narrator) the gavin newsom show. friday at 11 eastern/8 pacific. only on current tv. [ train whistle blows ] [ ball hitting paddle ] [ orbit girl ] don't let food hang around. yeah! [ orbit trumpet ] clean it up with orbit! [ orbit glint ] fabulous! for a good clean feeling. ♪ eat, drink, chew orbit! ♪ ah, claim trouble. [ dennis ] you should just switch to allstate, and get their new claim satisfaction guarantee. hey, he's right man. [ dennis ] only allstate puts their money where their mouth is. yup. [ dennis ] claim service so good, it's guaranteed.
6:47 am
[ foreman ] so i can always count on them. unlike randy over there. that's one dumb dude. ♪ ♪ the new claim satisfaction guarantee. dollar for dollar, nobody protects you like allstate. i have the most common type of atrial fibrillation, or afib. it's not caused by a heart valve problem. i was taking warfarin,
6:48 am
but my doctor put me on pradaxa instead to reduce my risk of stroke. in a clinical trial, pradaxa® (dabigatran etexilate mesylate) reduced stroke risk 35% better than warfarin. and unlike warfarin, with pradaxa, there's no need for regular blood tests. that's really important to me. pradaxa can cause serious, sometimes fatal, bleeding. don't take pradaxa if you have abnormal bleeding and seek immediate medical care for unexpected signs of bleeding, like unusual bruising. pradaxa may increase your bleeding risk if you're 75 or older, have a bleeding condition like stomach ulcers, or take aspirin, nsaids, or blood thinners, or if you have kidney problems especially if you take certain medicines. tell your doctor about all medicines you take any planned medical or dental procedures and don't stop taking pradaxa without your doctor's approval as stopping may increase your stroke risk. other side effects include indigestion, stomach pain, upset, or burning. pradaxa is progress. having afib not caused by a heart valve problem increases your risk of stroke. ask your doctor if you can reduce your risk with pradaxa.
6:49 am
vice president al gore joins jennifer granholm. >>we're just getting started. >>the state of the 2012 campain. brought to you by spiriva handihaler. ♪ all i wanna do is have some ♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ i have a feeling i'm not the
6:50 am
only one. all i wanna do is have some ♪ >> announcer: self-ny miller. ♪ until the sun comes up over santa monica boulevard ♪ >> stephanie: try go to my pc free for 45 days. go to my pc and enter the promo code stephanie. go to my pc.com. joe biden yesterday. >> romney says we're bashing. we're bashing. private capital. that's not true. >> stephanie: jim, i've got -- [ ♪ "jeopardy" theme ♪ ] who said barack obama is not going to beat hillary clinton in a single democratic primary. i'll predict that right now. [ ♪ "jeopardy" theme ♪ ] >> herman cain. [ buzzer ] >> stephanie: bill crystal who is always wrong and predicted joe biden will be replaced with hillary clinton on the ticket. i'm just saying.
6:51 am
>> stephanie: does he have an editor that says i would avoid the word "predict" because there is a record. >> i look at my go name trails and decided. >> stephanie: debra in washington state, you're on "the stephanie miller show." hi deb. >> caller: good morning. it is debore. anyway, i just want to make one quick comment about david gregory and "meet the press." it is so now the fox sunday morning show. i so miss tim russert. >> stephanie: me too. >> caller: the man had integrity and intellect and he didn't look like a big ole monkey. >> stephanie: people are very, very frisky this morning. >> that was mean. >> stephanie: settle settle. >> david gregory does look like a monkey. he looks like a guy who used to have a mustache and shaved it and you're staring at where the mustache used to be. because -- it is like the first
6:52 am
time you saw tom selleck without his mustache. whoa, that's a little too much upper lip. >> stephanie: now we see why the mustache was there. >> he would make a great member on deadwood. >> stephanie: he would make you miss the '70s gay porn mustache. >> they should pass the mustache around. >> stephanie: joan in akron. you're on "the stephanie miller show." >> caller: one good hoot and a blessing in the morning and enjoy ya! >> stephanie: a hoot and a blessing. thank you. >> caller: i'm going to tell you something. i want to rename the republican party. i want them to be the austin rug party because they lie like rugs. [ ♪ circus ♪ ] >> stephanie: she just high-fived herself. i can tell. >> stephanie: she's dancing around the living room saying booyah!
6:53 am
>> she did the mic throw. >> stephanie: she did the gangster mic throw! [ ♪ circus ♪ ] >> just walked off stage. >> stephanie: region nis detroit. welcome, regis. >> caller: hey, stephanie. i do want to say a couple of things. one with harold ford and cory booker. harold ford has been hating on obama ever since he was not the prime candidate for new york. cory booker was just -- he was entitled to his own opinion but he was wrong in everything that he said. >> stephanie: yep. >> caller: at the same time, you guys are doing a phenomenal job. you have encouraged me -- i'm a student. i'm having my first morning glass of pinot grigio. >> stephanie: rock on. >> go, regis! >> caller: i would like to see more on your panel. regis would be a good candidate. i'm that one.
6:54 am
>> stephanie: all right. have him over in the corner every morning drinking pinot grigio. jerome in new jersey. hey, welcome. >> caller: good morning, stephanie. >> stephanie: good morning. >> caller: i'm so happy you guys are on the air because i didn't know who you were until current tv. >> stephanie: me neither. >> she's finding herself. >> caller: cory booker. finally, the residents of newark are ecstatic he's been exposed for not being a blue door democrat but a corporate democrat. there are organizations like organizations for progress that have been fighting against his policies since his first term. but they don't get any airplay. so the mere fact that he's been exposed for all of the good that he's supposedly doing for the people of newark is only for the corporation that he's bringing to newark. that he's doing the good for. >> stephanie: who is the -- escaping me, the financial guy? jim kramer. when he came to the right of jim kramer i literally went [ scooby
6:55 am
doo's "huh?" ] [ scooby doo's "huh?" ] oh, no, you didn't. you did. jim ward. who says he claims he created 100,000 jobs in "the washington post" reported he gets three pinocchios. it is what you get if you're not telling the truth. who said that? [ ♪ "jeopardy" theme ♪ ] >> jamie diamond. >> no. >> stephanie: newt gingrich said that. [ ♪ "jeopardy" theme ♪ ] >> stephanie: who said there's something inherently wrong when getting rich off failure and sticking it to someone else is how do you your business. i think that's indefensible. who said that? >> gingrich. >> stephanie: rick perry. i'm changing them up here on you. >> thin line. this close. >> stephanie: let's go to -- julie in tacoma. you're on with hal. >> caller: hi, steph. may i be your official secular humanness of "the stephanie miller show." >> we needed one.
6:56 am
>> sure did. >> caller: last night, i saw the reverend barry lynn of the separation of church and state organization. and he has filed whatever papers it is with the i.r.s. that says that this pastor and many others are violating the tax code. >> mm-hmm. >> caller: because evidently in that 90-minute rant that he had there was a lot of don't vote for obama stuff. so that's a little upside to it. >> stephanie: julie, we make this point all the time. the churches should not get taxpayer money to tell their congregation how to vote. >> a lot of these things have ceased to be churches. a political organization. >> they use the tax cover you get from being a church. all they're talking about is gun rights and anti-gay and women staying home and anti-choice. it is really just a gathering of people who believe that stuff because they don't -- they don't act on anything in the bible that's even remotely close to
6:57 am
the compassion that jesus supposedly showed. that's why i'm never surprised when they don't act like jesus. they have nothing to do with the guy. it is a front. >> stephanie: karl in nashville, real quick. go ahead. >> well, you know what? cory booker is one thing. i'm glad harold ford has been called out because he's been doing -- for the last 40 years. i cannot stand it. i will go so far as to say that i'm glad that bob a republican won the senate here, at least i know what i'm against. and unfortunately, i'm starting to smell the familiar stench of disappointed hillary supporters in this whole nipping at the heels of president obama in a cute way like rendell. he does it too. >> stephanie: he was the one that predicted everything wrong during the primaries as well. >> let's not forget a lot of the hillary supporters were actually republicans.
6:58 am
>> stephanie: 58 minutes after the hour. right back on "the stephanie miller show." ttv
6:59 am
7:00 am
7:01 am
7:02 am
7:03 am
7:04 am
7:05 am
7:06 am
7:07 am
7:08 am
7:09 am
7:10 am
7:11 am
7:12 am
7:13 am
7:14 am
7:15 am
7:16 am
7:17 am
7:18 am
7:19 am
7:20 am
7:21 am
7:22 am
7:23 am
7:24 am
7:25 am
7:26 am
7:27 am
7:28 am
7:29 am
7:30 am
7:31 am
7:32 am
7:33 am
7:34 am
7:35 am
7:36 am
7:37 am
7:38 am
7:39 am
7:40 am
7:41 am
7:42 am
7:43 am
7:44 am
7:45 am
7:46 am
7:47 am
7:48 am
7:49 am
7:50 am
7:51 am
7:52 am
7:53 am
7:54 am
7:55 am
7:56 am
[ ♪ theme music ♪ ] >> stephanie: hello current tv fans. now here's the part of the show where my male guest is just going to perv out for a full minute on jacki schechner. >> i beg your pardon. [ laughter ] >> i stand by my words before, whatever i said. i stand by them. i've learned that from mitt romney. i don't know what i said but whatever i said, i stand by it. i wasn't there then happened. i don't know what i said. no one has tape of it.
7:57 am
it was not on television or radio and if it was i still think you cut it and took it out of context. does that work, jacki? it seems to work for mitt. >> stephanie: she probably won't have any news because she's been preparing sexual harassment cases. thank you very much, hal. >> isn't there is a distance rule with harassment? >> stephanie: no. you've learned how to perv telephonically. >> i think it is -- >> stephanie: you learned how to control her. like jim carrey -- pulling our news puppet strings, jacki schechner in the current news center. >> good morning, stephanie. good morning, hal. good morning everyone. secret service director mark sullivan is speaking publicly for the first time since the scandal broke over his agency's actions in colombia. he's appearing before the senate homeland security and government affairs committee right now. >> the misconduct that took place in cartagena, colombia is not representative of these
7:58 am
values or of the high, ethical standards we demand from our nearly 7,000 employees. >> according to prepared remarks, sullivan also plans to say that the president's safety was never in danger. eight secret service agents including two supervisors have lost their jobs and now four are saying they're going to fight their dismissals. according to "the washington post," the agents say their behavior wasn't out of the norm for the secret service and they're being used as scapegoats. a new quinnipiac poll has romney up six points in florida. he's up 47-41 among likely voters. this is a change when the same poll found the two tied just last month and the president was up 7 points back in march. the poll also found that if mitt romney picked senator marco rubio to be his running mate it wouldn't make much of a debt in florida. romney's lead would go up two points and that's within the poll's margin of error. finally, the romney campaign is out with a new web video today trying to turn attention away from bain capital and the loss of jobs to the president
7:59 am
and the loss of jobs. it is a very general video which is very general statements and is not likely to make much an impact. we're back with more right after the break. stay with us. if you have copd like i do you know how hard it can be to breathe and what that feels like. copd includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema. spiriva helps control my copd symptoms by keeping my airways open a full 24 hours. plus, it reduces copd flare-ups. spiriva is the only once-daily inhaled
8:00 am
copd maintenance treatment that does both. and it's steroid-free. spiriva does not replace fast-acting inhalers for sudden symptoms. tell your doctor if you have kidney problems glaucoma, trouble urinating, or an enlarged prostate. these may worsen with spiriva. discuss all medicines you take, even eye drops. stop taking spiriva and seek immediate medical help if your breathing suddenly worsens your throat or tongue swells you get hives, vision changes or eye pain, or problems passing urine. other side effects include dry mouth and constipation. nothing can reverse copd. spiriva helps me breathe better. does breathing with copd weigh you down? ask your doctor if spiriva can help.
8:01 am
vanguard: the documentary series that redefined tv journalism. >>we're going to places where few others are going. >>it doesn't get anymore real than this. >>occupy! >>we will have class warfare. >>i'm being violated by the health-care system. >>we're patrolling the area looking for guns, drugs, bodies.
8:02 am
>>we go in and spend a considerable amount of time getting to know the people and the characters that are actually living these stories. >>the award winning series "vanguard" new episodes coming soon. only on current tv. ♪ katrina and the waves ♪ >> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's "the stephanie miller show." ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ and it's time to feel good ♪ ♪ hey, all right now ♪ ♪ and it's time to feel good ♪ >> stephanie: wee! it is "the stephanie miller show." ics minutes after the hour. we have hump days with hal. daddy is home. just for a little while. [ applause ] 1-800-steph-12 the phone number.
8:03 am
stephaniemiller.com the web site. hal is going to germany. aisha tyler john fuglesang and i up next. columbus, ohio, in august and then seattle in september. >> that's right. [ applause ] halsparks.com for all other information. >> including the hump jack which is alive and thriving. at hal sparks. i just posted on twitter at hal sparks senator feinstein's twitter to send her a message about whether or not you think she should be backing bain capital over the president. >> stephanie: exactly. this sounds like a joke. drunk man -- brought his parrot into a bar. >> i don't know. >> stephanie: future husband i don't know. police charge an eastern iowa man with drunk driving after stopping him outside a you dubuque bar when he was beside a small zebra and a parrot.
8:04 am
he dispute the arrest saying he was about to let a passenger begin driving. i don't know if it was the parrot or the zebra. he says the zebra and the parrot are pets and like riding in the truck and he goes to that bar because he sometimes lets them come inside. which leads to a lot of drunk people going -- >> did i see a zebra? >> stephanie: are you sitting between a parrot and a zebra? >> not that there's anything wrong with that. >> it's a free country. >> stephanie: joe in arizona with the latest arizona birtherrism nonsense. hi joe. hello, joe. did i do that right? there you are. hey, joe. go ahead. go ahead. you're on "the stephanie miller show." welcome. >> caller: good morning. >> stephanie: hello. >> caller: i'm so happy to on your show.
8:05 am
>> stephanie: go ahead. >> caller: i've been living in arizona for 17 years. i'm from buffalo. >> stephanie: the latest story out of there, joe arpaio is using taxpayer money. >> caller: to check to see if they will let him see the president's birth certificate. >> and they did. >> caller: and another idiot wanted to keep the president off the ballot. >> that was ken bennett, secretary of state. >> stephanie: hawaii has given him the information that he needed. >> ken bennett is satisfied. >> joe arpaio is officially wasting taxpayer money. >> stephanie: how do you feel about that in arizona, using your tax dollars? >> caller: it nauseates me. i'm using cory booker's words. it nauseates me. >> stephanie: unbelievable. he was going to keep barack obama off the ballot until he had evidence. >> interesting. >> mick jagger, getting that satisfaction. >> hawaii actually said -- actually, you need to send us
8:06 am
why you wouldn't think that the information we've already posted isn't enough. and that just meant more paperwork for him and he had to explain his stupid position and why, by the way, anybody who moves from hawaii to arizona would with have their driver's license nullified instantly because one standard cannot be applied to one person versus somebody else. >> stephanie: he's not a birther himself. >> no. >> stephanie: at least i hope he was. [ wah wah ] >> stephanie: he said he was doing his job going over the ballot and responding to constituent's concerns. >> ken has been a nut job. jon scott, he's a fox news -- he's just a regular news -- straight down the -- news anchor. >> there are some observers who say you know that cory booker made the president essentially look bad. that he looks like a newer hipper, younger, more honest version of the president. and the president looks like the
8:07 am
old style politician fighting to you know, keep things, keep the status quo. >> by some you mean sean hannity. >> stephanie: did he almost slip and say lighter? >> whiter black guy. >> yeah, i said it! >> i don't know why we didn't start liking him earlier. >> stephanie: gretchen carlson, fox and friends. >> when you said that, a light bulb went off in my head. that should be the word that mitt romney should also use to go up against big government. do you want it to be run motor efficient or should we spend more money? >> first of all, the president has been operating on that standard and if you watched ed schultz yesterday, they did a great show of how the president has streamlined a lot of government agencies, saved a lot of money limited government without limited its ability which is fantastic. >> actual facts and figures. >> you would think fox news being a news organization would look into stories like that. >> stephanie: they also have access to facts.
8:08 am
>> when she said a light bulb went off in my head, when we're done at the sexy liberal show and a staff puts a single light bulb on the stage. >> stephanie: very dim bulb. >> soft glowing in the middle of it is going remember me? [ wah wah ] >> stephanie: gretchen carlson and eric bowling. >> abc polls. who would do a better job? handling the economy? it is a dead heat. president obama up 47%. mitt romney 47%. why is that unbelievable? >> sue vorring just passed out. revive him for the next segment. >> why are you surprised? >> $16 trillion of debt. no question. >> it is shocking. who did better in foreign policy. but really, the economy? >> it is shocking. he inherited such a great economy. and ruined it. >> who would think that the guy who was president during the time the stock market went from
8:09 am
6500 to 12,000 you know, would get any credit for manufacturing coming back and for jobs turning around. >> stephanie: did you hear what marsh said? mitt romney's whole foreign policy experience consists of browbeating frenchmen into joining his cult. [ buzzer ] >> whatever. >> stephanie: okay. donald trump on cnn. >> did he so well actually that he set records over there and that's what we with need in this country. you look at what china is doing and opec doing to us. you look at what virtually every country is doing us to. we need somebody that has this ability. his record was great. he did an amazing job. then just take a look at solyndra and some of the deals this country has been making over the last couple of years. it is disgraceful. >> look at all of the jobs he created in china. >> stephanie: that is incredible. he did well for bain. that's the point.
8:10 am
he didn't do well for a lot of the companies they took over. >> that's not true, steph. they did very well for local small businesses like banks in the cayman islands. those are small businesses. and by parking a lot of his money that he made dissecting companies like they were waiting for a heart transplant -- >> our mailboxes. that's the smallest business you can have. >> stephanie: solyndra thing makes me crazy. it is like first of all so what are you saying? there are some winners and losers in business? don't look at what bain took over. >> yeah. because what's the record for the green initiatives that the white house has put together? one out of 25? >> pretty damn good record. >> bain's record. >> i think two of them managed to survive. >> stephanie: like the auto rescue, all he can do is yeah, that was my idea. >> except for the fact that he left out the only creditor of
8:11 am
note could be the federal government because there was no money to be had to do a managed bankruptcy, period. the idea he was for bankruptcy at the time yeah but you were for the kind of bankruptcy that makes them go away. not managed not until they get back on their feet. he means cave them in. zero them out so they can't come out. >> zero out detroit. >> stephanie: greg. >> in the last couple of weeks we know how president obama personally feels about gay marriage but do we really know how he feels about abortion? at this point you kinda gotta wonder about a woman's right to choose. that's what they always say. i want to know what he thinks about abortion and i wonder if it is just because gays have deeper pockets than fetuses. >> stephanie: wow! well he's pro-choice. he's always been pro-choice. >> i've done red eye and i'm here to tell you not only is greg not give a crap about gay
8:12 am
marriage, he's another one of the right-wingers who pretends to care on the air. but i guarantee he is pro-choice or just doesn't care that way either. >> stephanie: what does he mean he doesn't know how the president feels? >> he's just trying to drum up his viewership there. >> no, he isn't. he's reading the talking points he's been given because they moved him from the midnight slot to being on during the day and this is his -- this is what he has to do. >> that's the role he's playing. >> that's it. he's full of beans. >> stephanie: we end with rush limbaugh. how, on a scale of one to whatever -- >> one to 500 pounds? >> stephanie: how creepy is this with a 14-year-old girl that called his show. >> my name is katie. i'm 14. i'm not sure if i qualify to be a rush baby or a rush babe. what do you think? >> you're 14? >> i'm 14. >> you're both. you're a rush baby and a rush
8:13 am
babe both. we'll count you both. >> especially if you're in the dominican republic where i can get away with it. >> wow. >> stephanie: i speak for all of us when i say splat. >> eww! [vomiting sounds] >> i think it was a set-up. >> i think she was actually -- >> stephanie: good job! [ ding ding ] [ applause ] >> stephanie: she was the older sister of the official 3-year-old of "the stephanie miller show," miranda. have you heard from miranda? ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ i'm gonna feel good ♪ >> say hi, stephanie miller. >> hi, stephanie miller. >> hi, miranda! [ applause ] >> oh! >> isn't that cute? >> doesn't it give you warm
8:14 am
fuzzies? >> it does. >> stephanie: i just ovulated and these things are -- it is the crypt keeper down here. i get kind of sweaty. >> that's just your menopause. >> stephanie: hot flash. >> it is either professor x or -- i can go good or bad. same level of power. >> stephanie: 18 minutes after the hour. kids carbonite. do you have a business and you don't have -- you know using manual methods to back up your business file takes time, it is risky. you have to stop your work to back everything up. you could forget to do it. do it automatically online with carbonite. we have it on all of our computers here at the show and we all have it at home. set it up once and your company's files will be backed up automatically and continually. you never have to remember to do it. let carbonite take care of your back-ups. you can focus on running the business. it has plans starting at $59 for the entire year for unlimited
8:15 am
back-ups. hello! >> wow! >> carbonite has your back. >> jim! wow. >> stephanie: carbonite.com. use offer code stephanie. no extra charge for that. >> you should be a jingle writer. >> stephanie: receive a free trial plus two months with your purchase. carbonite.com and enter stephanie. right back on "the stephanie miller show." >> it is full of witches and strange creatures of the night. >> announcer: this is "the stephanie miller show." indulgence... one square inch of bliss. hershey's bliss.
8:16 am
i have the most common type of atrial fibrillation, or afib. it's not caused by a heart valve problem. i was taking warfarin, but my doctor put me on pradaxa instead to reduce my risk of stroke. in a clinical trial, pradaxa® (dabigatran etexilate mesylate) reduced stroke risk 35% better than warfarin. and unlike warfarin, with pradaxa, there's no need for regular blood tests. that's really important to me. pradaxa can cause serious, sometimes fatal, bleeding. don't take pradaxa if you have abnormal bleeding and seek immediate medical care for unexpected signs of bleeding, like unusual bruising. pradaxa may increase your bleeding risk if you're 75 or older, have a bleeding condition like stomach ulcers, or take aspirin, nsaids, or blood thinners, or if you have kidney problems especially if you take certain medicines. tell your doctor about all medicines you take any planned medical or dental procedures and don't stop taking pradaxa without your doctor's approval as stopping may increase your stroke risk. other side effects include indigestion, stomach pain, upset, or burning. pradaxa is progress.
8:17 am
having afib not caused by a heart valve problem increases your risk of stroke. ask your doctor if you can reduce your risk with pradaxa.
8:18 am
vice president al gore joins jennifer granholm. >>we're just getting started. >>the state of the 2012 campain. brought to you by spiriva handihaler. ♪ come on --
8:19 am
>> stephanie miller. ♪ don't make me wait. you catholic girls start much too late ♪ sooner or later, it comes down -- i might as well be the one ♪ ♪ darlin' only the good die young ♪ ♪ whoa, whoa ♪ >> stephanie: it is "the stephanie miller show." representative gwen moore who is awesome coming up at the bottom of the hour. hump days with hal sparks. as we continue. 1-800-steph-12 the phone number toll free from anywhere. somebody from arizona has called about just so irritating, these fiscal conservatives. sheriff joe arpaio admits using taxpayer funds to probe the birth seth. >> the state of arizona had to mortgage its own capitol building in order to raise funds. that's wasting money on crap like this. >> stephanie: he said it is one deputy. we have security issues, too that i can't get into. i see, you have to secure your state against the non-american president or something?
8:20 am
[ whatever! ] >> stephanie: when you're doing investigation, sometimes things change and you put more resources into it. some sort of new information. ah-ha! meanwhile, hawaii is like here it is again! you moron. >> proof that hawaii is actually in kenya. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: so roger ales just spoke at ohio university. said this thing again, u.s. supporters still don't know anything about barack obama. >> enough to make him president. >> certainly know more via his tax returns than we do say the other guy. >> stephanie: they're not news programs. jon stewart will go out of business without fox news. >> right. >> they're not news programs? i'm shocked! >> jon stewart makes that exact point on o'reilly. >> stephanie: thank you for playing missing the point entirely. your entire network is not a news network. he also realized he went too far when he called "the new york
8:21 am
times" a bunch of lying scum. >> oh, that's too far. [ applause ] >> stephanie: well played. okay. >> he was talking about judith miller. >> stephanie: kevin in texas. you're on "the stephanie miller show" with hump days with hal. >> caller: hi, steph. i'm an election judge beginning in 2000. there's things that democrats need to know if they want to get counted. all right because of the census and more importantly, the election in 2010, a lot of states read, the precincts may not be where they used to be so if you go there and you're in the wrong precinct, the crew will also be republican. they don't have to help you. >> wow. >> caller: they'll try to put you on a provisional ballot. provisional ballots do not count! they are never counted. ever. all it does, if you look at the front, it is a voter registration card. all right. so then when they register you
8:22 am
to vote and they throw them away. if you vote absentee, they're only counted if it is within 1%. try not to do that. if you're in the military, it never counts. all right. >> stephanie: i gotta say they're trying all kinds of stuff. this one i just heard. someone wrote, pamela, i do not know if this is true. her friend who lives in wisconsin, she mentioned in the janesville, wisconsin, paper there is a notice stating the name of district teachers who signed the recall petition and listed their salaries and it included a form for parents to give to their school requesting their child not be put into class with a specific radical teacher. i don't know if that's actually true. it is unbelievable. >> a radical teacher. >> i think that teacher might be a lesbian. >> my son came home from school and said his teacher was radical. >> stephanie: can we get her in an electrified pen instead of a classroom? scott from california.
8:23 am
>> caller: hello. you quartet of sexy and smart. the guy that just called from texas made a great point. this is something i was thinking that was mentioned earlier in the show about taking the government apart from the inside out. don't you guys think that -- let's be conspiratorial here for a second and don't you think the republicans know that in the long run there's no way that mitt can win so what they're going to do is they're going to aim downticket and try to effect councils and things like that. they know -- >> i bring that up at sexy liberal show. we talk about that. he's been the -- he's the ronald mcdonald of this organization. it has no effect on what they're actually doing. they're going for school boards. they're going for state legislators and judgeships in mass. and they figure those are the ones you pay the least amount of attention to and this artificial need for balance that some people have is they'll vote for obama and then go -- there should be some republicans in
8:24 am
there. they'll go the low end and they'll just automatically check off some people or a guy who will run as an independent who is actually a republican just running as an independent because he's embarrassed by the party. but he's -- his plan and it will more than likely be's, will be to -- will be's will be to affect the limited government plan which is pulling the rug out from under everything. >> stephanie: we with need helpers like jill in ithaca who is going to wisconsin to help. hi jill. >> caller: yes, going by train. challenge other people to do the same. this is the crunch time, guys. if we don't do it now, when? and the guy running against him is barrett. i don't hear that much. vote for barrett. >> stephanie: 29 minutes after the hour. gwen moore from the great state of wisconsin next on "the stephanie miller show."
8:25 am
>>scores of the most talented filmmakers in the world gather in new york city every year for the tribeca film festival. the eclectic slate of films draws an estimated 3 million people a year. cat coira's film, "while we were here," is about how travel can change the way we look at our lives and loves. >>you never know someone until you travel with them, because it takes people out of their element. >>(narrator) director morgan spurlock's films have taken him all around the world. his latest, "mansome," is about grooming in the modern man. the project brought him to germany to a professional beard building championship. >>just as there are beauty pageants for women, there are, you know, now these beard growing competitions and mustache competitions for men.
8:26 am
>>i'm wayne rosenfeld at the tribeca film festival. battle speech right? may i? [ horse neighs ] for too long, people have settled for single miles. with the capital one venture card you'll earn double miles on every purchase, every day! [ visigoths cheer ] hawaii, here we come. [ alec ] so sign up today for a venture card at capitalone.com. and start earning double. [ all ] double miles! [ brays ] what's in your wallet? can you play games on that? not on the runway. no.
8:27 am
8:28 am
8:29 am
>> you need a hard core, bad ass chick. >> there's only one to go to. >> stephanie miller. >> stephanie: it is "the stephanie miller show." 34 minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-12. hutch days with hal sparks. talking about -- we were talking about awful things from wisconsin. scott walker. now wonderful things from wisconsin. [ ♪ circus ♪ ] representative gwen moore who voted no on the fake violence against women act. republicans, it was unbelievable. she said this fake violence against women bill does not only rolls back current versions to
8:30 am
help victims of domestic violence. it ignores groups of women under the republican bill gay and transgender women and immigrants are left unprotected. the partisan given is not what was meant to be accomplished. representative gwen moore joins us now. good morning representative. >> thank you so much for having me stephanie. >> stephanie: thanks so much for coming on. i've seen you on tv talking about this. you've been so impassioned. you said it wasn't a game when i was abused. it is not a game now. so you speak from experience. >> oh, absolutely stephanie. i wish -- i swear i wish that i could say the abuse that i suffered is something that's rare but it is not. certainly sandy adams the author of the violence against women acts bill was a victim. victimization of women is as american as apple pie. i think people accept it as you
8:31 am
know men's right to passage men's rights as boyfriends and husbands. i even had a minister you know, once preach in church that he did not want men calling him at 3:00 in the morning asking him reverend, where's that passage weis obey your husbands. weis obey your husbands as someone had once done. he admonished the parishioners to note please do not call me in the middle of the night asking me for that reference to be misused. i think that you know, that this bill is very, very frightening. i'm 61 years old stephanie. and so i've experienced abuse from you know, for as long as i can remember back in childhood age 4 and 5 years old. all the way through as a young adult. long before -- 20 years before the violence against women act was enacted on a bipartisan
8:32 am
basis. and many of the provisions that were in this law are in current law because this hasn't passed are in current law, would have helped me and a number -- helped me in a number of ways. it would have provided prosecutors with the tools. it would have educated prosecutors. educated folk. there was no such thing as hot lines and domestic violence shelters. back in the '70s and '60s and '50s when i was being abused. and this bill really triggered and restimulated some terrible memories that i had of being abused. i told the story on the floor of having been raped a young man came by the house and you know agreed to take me to the chicken shack to buy some fried chicken. and instead took a detour behind some dark buildings raped me,
8:33 am
choked me, choked me. almost to death. and i did the right thing. i went to the hospital. they did the rape kit or the examination. i went to the police. filed a lawsuit. went to court. and stephanie, i was on trial. they talked about how i was dressed, the fact that i had teased him. i had gotten in the car with him. how i had a baby out of wedlock. i was on trial. he was, of course, found not guilty. the violence against women act reversed all of those kinds of things and certainly you know this bill rolled back in a number of ways. as a watch color and as a minority, i'm particularly offended by what it does to women in the shadows women who are minorities. >> stephanie: well congresswoman, i think that your personal story too is so
8:34 am
compelling because you know, it also -- you know makes a lie out of -- when people think it doesn't happen to smart women or educated women or -- you're a united states congresswoman and it happened to you. so as you say to now like try to -- i mean this should be something that's nonpartisan. house this get to be partisan? the violence against women act? since when? >> you know, it became partisan because this bill was put into the queue as literally a part and parcel of the whole tea party ideology which is very gendered, which is very anti-immigrant anti-lgbt. and is very male gendered-oriented. as a matter of fact, this bill was altered in ways to please some of the men's groups and i don't knock all men's groups. i think men need rights but there are some very rabid men's
8:35 am
groups that weighed in on this. and altered it in a very significant way. for example there's gender neutral language in the bill, stephanie. and sandy adams of course describes this as being a good thing because it doesn't pick one victim against the other victim. what are we pretending not to know here? >> stephanie: that's one of my provisions is where they alert the abuser of an immigrant -- a woman -- since when -- as you said on the floor, the republicans are playing games with women's lives. >> that is very chilling. three women -- you know, their member on the other side who was debating me when i was trying to put forth my motion to recommit, talked about some poor woman who was murdered in the parking lot
8:36 am
of the police station. >> wow. >> exactly! women are more at-risk of dying when they're trying to get away from their abusers and there's never a more important time to just believe the victim, give her cover shelter services take her at her word than when she's trying to get away because she's more at risk of dying at that point than at any other point in trying to break off an abusive relationship. and this is the point at which they give abusers power. it is chilling! >> stephanie: representative where are we now with this? you obviously voted no as you should have on this. as you say fake violence against women bill. now what happens? >> well, the senate, as you know passed the real bill 68-31. every single woman including all of the women in the united states senate, democrat and republican, voted for it.
8:37 am
we often call things bipartisan when one single person from the other party votes for it. but here's a case. 68-31. clearly a bipartisan bill that comes out of the senate. this bill passed -- my hope is that there is a conference committee where the senate will have the stronger hand and stronger position to be able to say we want our bill to be the bill that gets an up-or-down vote because we have a truly bipartisan bill. and as a matter of fact, 23 republicans voted against the fake. -- against the fake bill. we can claim bipartisan opposition to the house bill. and if there were a conference committee, i would certainly fight to try to be on that conference committee. and to fight for the senate's position.
8:38 am
and then if the republicans in the house and they are the majority, they clearly have the ability to vote down the re-authorization of the violence against women act, if they choose then to vote it down, then that will be just more evidence that there is in fact a war on women. i know that there are -- there are very many people including democrats who thinks -- who think that it is sort of -- you know, lacking in civility. >> stephanie: this is almost a literal war on women at this point. yeah, you're absolutely right. >> i don't know what to call it. >> stephanie: i've done work for -- raised charity -- work for charities for shelters for domestic violence. i think it is an issue that's just so -- you know, it is so resident for so many people. one of the levels is economically empowering women so they don't ever feel like they have to put up with this. but i think this is like a
8:39 am
minimum that the law should protect them. i mean this just seems like a no-brainer. i can't believe we're even debating this. >> well, i can't either. i'll tell you why because it is not as if you know, there were wild-eyed, you know left wing protestors, socialists as republicans like to call those of us who are progressive out demanding these provisions to include native americans who are twice as likely as other women to be abused and beaten. i mean these tribal lands are sanctuaries for abusers because the tribal councils don't have any authority. it is not like you know they're these wild-eyed communist types that demanded that we include lgbt language in the bill or that we provide more -- or we try to protect young women who are -- particularly at risk on college campuses.
8:40 am
these provisions were suggested by the fbi the department of justice the police. >> stephanie: all of the socialist groups is what you mean. >> all of the socialist groups exactly. >> stephanie: representative -- thank you so much -- first of all for having the courage to talk about your personal experience with this because i think it is just -- it makes this issue resonate and it is so much powerful. we always love having you on. please come on more often. >> thanks, stephanie. be well. >> stephanie: thank you. representative gwen moore of the state state of wisconsin. [ applause ] >> a member of congress can share a story as personal as that, it resonates so much more. >> stephanie: that's what i mean. it doesn't just happen to just poor women or just -- uneducated women or just -- it happens to everybody. god bless her. i love her! [ applause ] 45 minutes after the hour. celebrity stack in the closing moments of hump day with hal
8:41 am
sparks on "the stephanie miller show." >> i think your show is absolutely vulgar. we're to raise kids to be respectful. there's no way you're adding to it. >> announcer: it's "the stephanie miller show." ideas can bring us together. >>(narrator) the gavin newsom show. friday at 11 eastern/8 pacific. only on current tv. [ kristal ] we're just taking a sample of all our different items in our festival of shrimp. the crab-stuffed shrimp are awesome! tequila lime tacos. [ man ] delicious!
8:42 am
[ male announcer ] it's festival of shrimp! for $12.99 try any two shrimp creations like new barbeque glazed shrimp. offer ends soon. we're servers at red lobster. and we sea food differently. [ nervous ] i hope no one recognizes us... you...you think these disguises will... no. [ male announcer ] salty. sweet. and impossible to resist.
8:43 am
8:44 am
vice president al gore joins jennifer granholm. >>we're just getting started.
8:45 am
>>the state of the 2012 campain. brought to you by spiriva handihaler. ♪ ♪ joan jett and the black hearts ♪ ♪ i love rock n' roll ♪ ♪ i love -- >> stephanie miller. ♪ put another dime in the jukebox baby. ♪ i love ♪ >> stephanie miller ♪ >> take your time and dance with me ♪ >> stephanie: it is "the stephanie miller show." hal sparks on air guitar. 50 minutes after the hour. >> same like useded in a spinal tap song which relates to
8:46 am
michael. we wish him a recovery. he got hit by a car. >> stephanie: i loved him. >> yeah. trying to find his way on stage. >> if only he had been hit by a big -- >> he's doing okay. >> stephanie: good. chris in chicago. lots of people telling us it is true the story in wisconsin about the teachers. hello, chris. >> caller: bonjour. 35 year veteran teacher here. it is not unusual for them to never public our salaries which is dispiriting especially when a kid tells you his garbage truck driving father makes more than you. >> caller: what they're doing doing is they have cross-referenced which teachers, how much they make, the top salaried teachers which means they're veterans with who has signed the recall scott walker. and now they have a form that you can ask to have a nonradical teacher in september. this is -- my blood is so hot on this. i wrote every teacher i know.
8:47 am
i can't even believe. i can't even begin to say how -- >> stephanie: you know what? i hope that this even mobilizes people to get out and vote. >> caller: i'm calling for them this week because -- i live in illinois. come on. wisconsin had one of the greatest educational -- for the long time. they've decimated it. truly decimated it. >> federal law trumps state. >> stephanie: keith in milwaukee confronted one of the flyer guys. >> caller: hi, guys, hi, steph. yeah, it turns out i know the guy. i was on the panel once with him. when i saw this, i was livid. i called him up to let him know hey, this is just -- it is funny because the guy, he was -- i'm not talking -- he was telling
8:48 am
me -- i turned from being -- he starts telling me about how people are calling up and they're ripping -- telling him that f you. but the thing is he said he's getting -- i didn't do anything. then he goes on to explain that he helped the guy who put this thing together get the open record request. this is something wisconsin, you can go after information on people and it is like he is -- he used it on me. and so get this, this guy is the only teacher's salaries. [ indiscernible ] >> stephanie: by the way ann romney, i love when she talks about the economy. >> i love the fact that women are talking about deficit
8:49 am
spending and the economy. >> stephanie: it is so precious. >> they're using this statistics and the polling and asks people how important the economy is for you and that kind of thing. and what you think about the economy and in a totally separate question, they're asking you the importance of reproductive rights or whatever and they're comparing that and saying more women care about the economy than their own reproductive rights. they're twisting the statistics to reflect that. and that's what she's talking about. the right wing to fight off the war on women is saying you know, we're for women because we're for solving the deficit. >> stephanie: they're better on the economy. however newt gingrich's private ventures are going bankrupt. oh dear. >> p.s., none of you guys ever -- >> stephanie: as is his campaign fund, bankruptcy proceeding underway in atlanta will determine the one company owned by calista gingrich will lose a payout that constitutes
8:50 am
the bulk of the gingrich's net worth. oh, dear. >> running for president wasn't all that lucrative. >> stephanie: didn't work out so well. >> i screwed up. >> stephanie: two weeks after president obama announced he supports gay marriage, a "wall street journal" poll shows his announcement looks to be a wash. a combined 17% say it makes them more likely to vote for him. 20% say it makes them more likely to vote for romney. 62% say the president's support for gay marriage doesn't make a difference in their vote including 75% of independents, 76% of moderates 81% of african-americans and 65% of residents in the midwest. in addition as we said earlier, majority, a 4% -- 54% say they would make same sex marriage legal. pastor worley may have a hard time with his electric lesbian zoo. >> i figured a way out. a way to get rid of all lesbians and queers. build a great, big large fence.
8:51 am
put all the lesbians in it. ♪ a lot of work to be done ♪ >> the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. you know why? they can't reproduce. ♪ we're going to lock all you electric zoo and make the fences higher ♪ >> 100 mile long. ♪ we're going to trap all of you in electric fences, too, it is all here in our flyer ♪ >> great big large fence. and have that fence electrified so they can't get out. >> they ain't got no turkey basters so they can't reproduce. >> because that's the only way res bians reproduce is turkey basters. >> stephanie: alec baldwin on twitter said you want to go back to bush, cheney, rumsfeld, unfunded wars, death of civilians for oil? you want to go back to lying
8:52 am
thieves in the white house in order to make money for their friends? the election is around the corner. you want another corporate puppet who will squander natural resources to protect the breed of wealth that wants america to accept the model of bureaucracy. obama! >> can they not stay on message? >> shiny keys, shiny keys. >> stephanie: respond to a suggestion from a fellow tweeter he run for office. he said i could run if i could win but too many reactionary haters. this will be all over fox tonight. oh, yeah. >> who does he think he is having an opinion and saying it in public? >> stephanie: angry liberal. >> why doesn't he shut up and sing or act or whatever he does. chuck norris. >> he shut.and act. >> stephanie: shut up. you know what?
8:53 am
bruce willis on fox tonight will be one of those stupid entertainers to keep their mouth shut now because he said of mitt romney, he's such a disappointment and an embarrassment. they asked do you think romney will win? no nah i don't really care. back in the '90s, he backed george bush. >> still an outspoken republican but he voiced something you're not supposed to voice which is mitt -- isn't all it is cracked up to be. >> that's where the hypnosis works. >> he called romney the dash rip rock of the republican party. that was the movie star trying to court ellie mae on the clampetts. [ applause ] >> kind of amazing. >> i would go with flintstones. >> stephanie: thank you, hal sparks. halsparks.com. check it out. >> of course the halsparks fan page on facebook. >> stephanie: we'll see you tomorrow on "the stephanie miller show."
8:54 am
8:55 am
8:56 am
8:57 am
8:58 am
8:59 am

165 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on