Skip to main content

tv   Liberally Stephanie Miller  Current  July 10, 2012 6:00am-9:00am PDT

6:00 am
[♪ theme music ♪] oh enough of that preshow banter, hello, current tv fans. jim ward is back everybody. >> yay! >> the show may explode we have john yarmuth, that former 13-year-old cpac he is a liberal now. [ bell chimes ] [ applause ] >> he is adorable. david shuster the most interesting man in the world and comedian michael mcdonald live in studio. >> really?
6:01 am
>> yeah. >> jim missed me so much when i was in italy they got me a ferrari for my return. ♪ >> here she is erica ferrari. good morning erica. >> good morning, everyone republicans in washington are once again trying to unhinge the president's health care reform law. today lawmakers are start the debate over the gop's proposal to repeal it. this comes less than two weeks after the supreme court upheld healthcare reform. so far the house has voted a total of 30 times to repeal it. many will think this will give the affordable care act new exposure. mitt romney just does not want to turn over his latest tax returns. the fellow democrats have been
6:02 am
critical of his refusal. but romney maintains there is nothing hidden in them. he says quote i don't manage them, i don't even know where they are. vanity fair reports he harbors several accounts in foreign bank accounts. just four months before the election, the obama campaign is trying harder to align itself with the middle class. it called to extent tax cuts for the middle class but not for the wealthy. join us in chat at current.com. more stephanie is coming up. ♪
6:03 am
>>(narrator) bill press is on current tv. >>liberal and proud of it. >>(narrator) unafraid, outspoken, and above all politically direct. >>we'll do our best to carry the flag from 6 to 9 every morning.
6:04 am
6:05 am
the real world and politics collide on "the gavin newsom show". this week: can a futurist really predict the future?
6:06 am
find out on "the gavin newsom show". only on current tv. [ ♪ theme music ♪ ] >> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's the "stephanie miller show"! ♪ i'm walking on sunshine woe ho ♪ ♪ i'm walking on sunshine, woe ho ♪ ♪ it's time to feel good. hey all right now ♪ ♪ it's time to feel good ♪ >> uh-huh. it is the "stephanie miller show" show. turned up to 11 today. jim ward is back at full strength. >> hi! >> i was doing some mo-cap
6:07 am
yesterday. >> you were wearing ping-pong balls. >> did you bring your balls today? >> yes. they are wright where they belong. >> good. jonathan krohn was that 13-year-old who gave a speech at cpac and then he grew some hair of his nether region and now he is a liberal. >> he said he was parroting what his parents told him. and more importantly, he was from georgia and he was like all he could hear was rush limbaugh. and now he is a liberal. >> yeah. >> charlie pierce coming up frommest squire.com. and michael mcdonald right here.
6:08 am
>> not the singer. >> no. >> i loved the doby brothers. rack my rock and role stories. i'm in love with a guy from goldman sachs. >> what? >> from new york. >> okay. two guys from little italy. >> oh, look at this it is a couple speaking of unsolicited testimonials speaking of prepew best sent, look at this. >> it looks like an italian
6:09 am
table cloth. he wrotes, steph i'm 14 and i love your show. i try to wake up every morning to catch your show and it's a nice break from the fox new that i have had since the 4th grade. see indoctrinenating them at a young age. >> i actually found your show on hollow-scream. >> al gore controls everything. >> forever yours, scott. [ applause ] >> wow. forever, 14 is like until next semester. >> then he turns into a conservative when he turns 17. >> i think he more mroens mroens -- hormones are raging. i think he is in love with you.
6:10 am
>> maybe it was scott mcclellan. maybe he has come around! [ applause ] [ laughter ] >> that would be funny. i just realized i was talking a lot of [ censor bleep ] from the bush years. i'm sorry. here is some of the unsolicited testimony that i like. and it involves cha-ching, cha-ching. >> all right. >> we believe in trickle down little bit here. dear steph and the mooks our 17 year old got his birthday wish and we have our tickets to the sexy liberal show in l.a.! [ screaming ] >> we're getting close to sell out in l.a. that's a big old parn pantages.
6:11 am
we might have to add some bagpipes. >> he has played with lesbians before. >> we might have to have the official rapper of the "stephanie miller show." and spitball -- this is how a show is planned. >> yeah. this is how i plan everything. >> our boys are worried because they won't be let in 17 and 14. yeah. >> i think that's fine. >> you are clearly already bad parents. and she said that we can also say we are the official bad parents since they also listen to the cd. all right. so you know it's filthy. they have been listening to the radio show for years now so they won't be too shocked. okay.
6:12 am
so they haven't seen the tea partier three-way. what does that mean? oh. >> oh, that kind of salad. >> oh yikes! >> yikes! >> sanchez and taco thing. yikes! >> jimmy i asked for salad dressing the first night in italy. >> computer says na -- >> you got that creamyite italian where is the wishbone around here? it says italian right on the label. >> they will listen to you over anything else on radio or tv and they will listen over playing pod games. they love you guys. [ applause ] >> well, are you such bad parents that you are depriving them of cable television.
6:13 am
they need to see us in every possible format. live, video, podcast. >> i want magazine stories! i want books! i want films! i want tv! i want radio! i want us on the air 24 hours a day! this is our moment! >> love always your devoted fans from central coast of california. >> cool. >> sexyliberal.com and sexy liberal on facebook hurry those tickets are going fast. [♪ "world news tonight" theme ♪] >> did you hear -- this is shocking. mitt romney flip flopped again. >> what? >> yes! what is his name -- >> eric fehrnstrom. >> mr. etch-a-sketch he said mitt romney thinks it is not a tax -- >> yes. >> and then mitt romney said no it is a tax -- >> it is definitely a tax.
6:14 am
>> and the preibus! kenny in cleveland sends this -- >> oh, dear. >> hold please while we deal with technical incompetence. >> if you can afford to buy insurance then buy it, if you don't want to buy it, then you have to put enough money aside to pay your own way. if people can afford to buy it either buy the insurance or pay your own way. don't be free riders and pass on the cost of your healthcare to everyone else. >> governor romney said in 2009 using tracks penalties or tax credits encourages free riders to take care of themselves. >> the government has consistently described the mandate in massachusetts as a penalty. the mandate was not a tax. >> okay. >> the governor believes what he
6:15 am
put in place in massachusetts was a pen amity. >> the majority of the courts said it is a tax. and therefore it is a tax. >> what is the rnc's position? >> well, our position is the same as mitt romney's position. it is a tax. that's the only way the supreme court came up with the decision that it did. >> but it sounds like camp romney says it was a penalty, so i'm asking you specifically tax or penalty, which is it? >> it's a tax. >> not clear that his mandate as described by the supreme court was a tax. >> the mandate is not a tax, it's a penalty. >> wow! [ applause ] >> thank you kenny. wow, that was -- >> and he dropped your name. thank you. >> penal tax. it's a taxalty. >> exactly. that's just spectacular. all right.
6:16 am
let's dive into the right-wing world. [♪ circus music ♪] >> let's get started. start radio yesterday skippy? >> what? yesterday was 20 years ago, yes. [ laughter ] >> okay. >> hello i like your new adventure. >> oh. this button here? you don't say. >> see, this proves that we don't do planning for this show. >> no. and what has been your job with me for 20 years. >> to follow along? >> no, wear something tight and push buttons. >> oh. [ bell chimes ] [ applause ] >> he is running against success. he is waging a campaign against achievement. his motto should be if you are a winner don't vote for me. and he has expended the definition of middle class to become poor.
6:17 am
middle class has become poor under him. >> and she was chuckling because that was funny in some way. >> uh-huh. >> jim one of the two guys from goldman sachs i am in love with they have wives and girlfriends, that's not important. i'm gay, they are in love with someone else -- >> perfect. >> there are always obstacles in a good romantic comedy. but it is interesting we all get stuck in our talking points i'm like really do you really think -- one of his good friends is warren buffet. really? >> did you turn him? >> no, hill turned him. >> all right. bill o'reilly >> mr. obama opened up a new front by going back to the tax the rich mantra. president trying to force romney in to defending wealthy americans by imposing tax
6:18 am
increases on them. so say hello once again to our little friend, class war fair. >> what? >> okay. >> the class warfare talking point went out yesterday. >> because the president agrees that the top 1% should pay a tinsy scorch more. >> if we hated rich people would we have rob on the show -- >> and lily tomlin quite successful -- >> i know i ask her for money every time i see her -- >> elvira. >> hello. and she's moving back to l.a. so i'm going to hit her up for a bag of cash as big as her gazongas. >> yeah. she should put dollar signs on her gazongas.
6:19 am
>> our male listeners have officially gone around the ben. somebody had a fantasy of a three-way between me and orly taitz and elvira. >> oh, my god! >> wow, that would be a volleyball match for me. i would just be in the middle. >> you are a boob girl? >> i would be then? [ laughter ] >> i would -- it would be like being trapped in a bin of volleyballs. you know kids relief it is something you typically experience after a computer disaster, unless -- panic is what you feel? you have a virus. got a power outage, if you have carbonite you have piece of mind. you know you will get all of those irreplaceable files back. it backs everything up automatically. continually. >> oh, yeah. >> green dot that's how you know
6:20 am
everything is being backed up. >> absolutely. >> it's a smoothing green dot. prices start at just $59 a here -- hello. i want you to get carbonite now check this out go to carbonite.com promo code stephanie. 20 minutes after the hour. back with more right-wing world next on the "stephanie miller show." >> ladies and gentlemen, prepare yourselves for a shock! >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪ press" this tuesday, june 12th. good to have you with us. >> announcer: on your radio, on tv, the "bill press show." new on current tv. what's my secret for sunday lunch? my little helpers... and 100% natural french's yellow mustard. it has zero calories for me, and a taste my family loves.
6:21 am
what's my secret for sunday lunch? my little helpers... and 100% natural french's yellow mustard. it has zero calories for me,
6:22 am
6:23 am
're having fun. >>don't worry because she'll be back. >>where are the lefties besides on current tv? >>joy behar is getting her own show coming to current tv this fall. [ music ]
6:24 am
♪ they call me -- >> announcer: stephfy. ♪ they call me -- >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ they call my name ♪ >> yeah. >> this is the "stephanie miller show." >> same as the first. >> 24 minutes after the hour, that's why we had a big planning session, should we call ourselves ting? no, i think we should call ourselves ting ting. >> jacki on vacation tweeted a picture of her place on the beach. jim is like that must mean she walks around in a bekinney a lot. >> jim you missed the conspiracy call yesterday. >> i was on a 13-hour flight yet
6:25 am
lag, and i was like what -- >> dia is forcing people to take some kind of medication -- >> hum, that sounds ron paul-ish. >> i said jim is not here he is still out having coffee with orly taitz >> right. sean hannity. >> president obama is celebrating that he intending to raise taxes on millions of americans, and dusted off more of that pattened class warfare rhetoric -- >> there it is. >> i can't get enough repetition of the right-wing world. >> why do they even form complete sentences. class farwear, class warfare, class warfare. >> let's hear rush limbaugh. >> the constitution was written to protect us from government. the constitution limits what
6:26 am
government can do. one of the reasons the left is celebrating is because we talked about it. they view the constitution with rage. >> what? >> this ruling has just stood the constitution on its head, because now all of a sudden the government's been told what it can do for the first time. >> um . . . there are three branches of the government -- >> right. >> as a well-known rage-aholic, i resent that. >> you are so well-known for your rage. >> there are greater legal minds their ours, gretchen carlson. >> president obama is a great campaigner. he does great simplistic thinking -- >> those opinion are devoid of
6:27 am
an opinion. >> which makes you a bigger dope than if you watch anything at all -- >> i don't think those low-information voters are bright -- >> says steve doocy. >> and then he injured himself trying to eat pudding with a rubber spoon. this italy, the only american news channel you can get -- >> fox. >> yes. we watching watching it like a comedy show -- >> with your lehman brothers friends. >> gold san sachs. >> they all run together. >> when will the united states elect a female president. when? >> 2040 or 2050. >> that great. >> let's hope so.
6:28 am
>> does he still have a show? >> what did john buchanan say -- >> i can't imagine having a chick president. it's almost as bad as having a negro. >> i was going to get to that. [ applause ] [ explosion ] >> and pat buchanan's head preemptively exploded. >> both of them sounded really, really old in that sound bite. >> all right. 29 minutes after the hour -- >> [ mumbling ] . >> what? i can't understand a word of that. >> all right. representative john yarmuth is next on the "stephanie miller show." ♪ this is not our money that we're being nice enough to give them. >> they pay into it.
6:29 am
>> stephanie: this is their money that they paid into their whole life and now we're breaking the deal. sorry, we spent it. >> we pulled the rug out from under you, sorry. >> stephanie: some how they have we are the idea no one wants to hear until it grabs you and won't let go. we push, we prod until the truth reveals itself. we are fearless, independent trendsetters, problem solvers, and above all, we are politically direct. the young turks with cenk uygur at 7, viewpoint with eliot
6:30 am
6:31 am
6:32 am
6:33 am
♪ >> okay, now that you have pointed it out, maybe -- >> announcer: stephanie miller. . >> -- sounded slightly like somebody put a pencil in a pencil sharpener, but in a cute way. [ bell chimes ] >> it is the "stephanie miller show." welcome to it. we just got an email to jacki. saying i miss you guys. send big kisses to jim too. >> all right.
6:34 am
the president talking about the bush tax cuts, and here we go again, right? >> yep. >> by the way, one chart shows what this whole battle is really all about, you would think we're so widely divergent, the reality of the fights -- here we go again with the top 1%. for 99% of taxpayer there is almost no bottom line difference. so we should talk to rent john yarmuth about that. good morning. >> good morning. >> literally -- 99% of this there's no change. >> exactly. this whole discussion makes my head explode -- [ explosion ] >> thank you. the rationale, the somersaults, i guess that the republicans have to go -- to perform in
6:35 am
order to argue against raising the taxes on these very very wealthy americans is just crazy. i mean this whole notion of job creators, and you are going to stifle innovation and i think the chart shows basically what it means to the very wealthiest as well. if you are making $500,000 if you go to the 250 level and restore the clinton era tax rates to over 250. if you make $500,000 it is going to cost you $14,000 a year in additional taxes. that is less than one employee. >> right. right. >> the whole idea that this is going to somehow change business people's habits is just absurd. >> the president said i'm not proposing anything radical here. anyone making over $250,000 a year, should go back to playing taxes at the rate they did under
6:36 am
the clinton administration. and that's the thing, they make it sound like he's proposing something so radical and unprecedented. >> it's totally nuts. and again, the people who talk about reducing the deficit -- i think if you restore those rates above 250, it reduces the deficit, essentially by about 15%. $150 billion a year. that's a pretty significant bite out of the deficit without hurting anybody. >> that's to what is so dishonest, they are screaming about the deficit, and the one thing that helps the deficit, they won't do. right? >> absolutely right. the bush tax cuts basically all of them combined are about $4 trillion. that's what it costs the treasury over ten years. that would put us into a sustainable deficit forever. the president is not proposing
6:37 am
that and neither side is proposing that, but the fact is that this is a huge part of the deficit problem. you are looking at how to solve the deficit problem, you have to look at how we got here. and that's how we got here. >> i can tell you we are going to have this debate again. because there will be all of these callers who say i'm a small businessman who president obama is hurting my business. >> yeah. >> they are going to say the higher tax rates will hurt small businesses. >> they put out an argument which actually destroys their case. they will say, and i have heard them say it many times 40% of all small business profits will be taxed at the higher rate. that's true, and that 40% is
6:38 am
earned by 3% of the small businesses. so basically what we're talking about is highly successful highly profitable businesses that will have to pay the additional 4.6% tax. but the argument they make sounds impressive. >> i love how they -- right. i love how the reporting on this republicans dismissed obama push as politics to make republicans look like defenders of the wealthy. >> yes. >> if the top hat fits the mon calls, wear it. >> exactly. >> anything the president does they accuse him of playing politics in an election year. which has never been done before. >> never. >> and sadly as many times as he makes this case while we have this republican congress this is likely to not happen again.
6:39 am
>> that's right. every republican in the house of representatives has signed the pledge not to raise taxes. a couple have announced the pledge. the represent from virginia has said he is not going to sign it but basically every other republican has said no new taxes ever. so there's not a lot of hope that the president's plan won't prevail. >> yeah, and who wouldn't be terrified of a guy named grover. >> and that's what he said. >> are we listening to this guy. >> and here we get senator mitch mcconnell with the same talking points. >> this is the same president who signed the same thing two years ago to make the economy worse -- >> he agreed to because he had to. because he didn't have the votes, but as he reiterated he has given tax cuts to what 98%
6:40 am
of us. >> exactly. and 18 times the obama administration has cut taxes, and congress has cut taxes during his 5 administration. but my -- my mission in life is to be mitch mcconnell's fact checker. [ laughter ] >> it seems like that's all i do -- >> you are a helper. >> and of course you are absolutely right. they were -- that was done because the republicans were going to default on the country. >> yeah. [ laughter ] >> yeah. >> by the way -- >> they were playing russian roulette with the american economy, okay. so we extended them for two years. >> i made the error of stumbling sean hannity's radio show yesterday, when he was reciting his obama -- all of the horrors -- the parade of horrors he has inflicted on our country, and he said the first downgrade in the nation's history.
6:41 am
and i'm like because of the republicans! >> oh, my gosh, and they are perfectly willing to do it again, it seems like. but i think -- i really do think a lot of these first term republicans are having their own buyer's remorse with grover norquist and i think there are a big chunk of them that are trying to figure out how to get out of that pledge. that would be very helpful if they decided to put the count tru first. >> yeah. speaking of hostages, the president said this. >> let's not held america hostage while we debate another tax cut. >> the republicans are going to say, no let's. >> there have been focus groups
6:42 am
done around the country, and when they ask these questions the republicans don't want to raise taxes on people making over a million dollars, and people don't believe them because it sounds too evil. >> yeah. [ laughter ] >> they say people wouldn't do that. well, they are doing it. >> yeah. >> they are trying to do it every day. >> representative before i go i got to ask you on another subject, because he had a caller yesterday that was just heart breaking that lives in a state where the republican has a critical health condition, and here we have we have like governor rick perry indicating he had no intention of putting in place a state-stated health insurance exchange. in texas -- it was ranked worst in the country for healthcare delivery, has the highest rate of uninsured in the nation. >> the texas medicaid threshold right now is something like 20%
6:43 am
of poverty level. so it would not only be a huge expansion of coverage in texas, but also an incredible infusion of money. it's 50 something-billion dollars to texas over the next five years if they participated in this expanded medicaid. so that is a lot of money that governor perry is saying hospitals, we're not going to let you have this money. all of the providers in the state. so that will be an interesting issue for him to turn down $50 billion over five years, and to say basically in your face you don't get covered. >> that really -- i mean this is just to spite obama isn't it? republican governors and people will die -- >> i'm going to still my
6:44 am
constituents. that will show them. >> yeah, people will die. and the providers will suffer. a lot of the hospitals will still have to cover them and there's an easy solution and the only other thing with the exchanges the whole idea of state's rights if he doesn't put the exchange in, the federal government will create one for him, so it's kind of like -- >> and then scream big government socialist. >> yeah. >> it is absolutely -- the only thing that makes me feel better? spooning with you on the phone. [ laughter ] [ bell chimes ] [ applause ] >> and hearing your warm chuckle. >> thank you. >> thank you, congressman appreciate it. >> thank you stephanie. take care. >> i love him so much. chuckly. >> you absolutely positively guarantee that it will give you an orgasm? >> yeah.
6:45 am
>> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪ current's morning news block. >>we'll do our best to carry the flag from 6 to 9 every morning. >>liberal and proud of it. very, very excited about that and very proud of that. >>beltway politics from inside the loop. >>we tackle the big issues here in our nation's capital, around the country and around the globe. >>dc columnist and four time emmy winner bill press opens current's morning news block. >>we'll do our best to carry the flag from 6 to 9 every morning.
6:46 am
6:47 am
6:48 am
the real world and politics collide on "the gavin newsom show". this week: can a futurist really predict the future? find out on "the gavin newsom show". only on current tv.
6:49 am
♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ well shake it up baby now ♪ ♪ shake it up baby ♪ ♪ twist and shout ♪ ♪ twist and shout ♪ ♪ come on come on baby now, come on and work it all out ♪ ♪ come and work it all out ♪ >> 50 minutes after the hour. >> and this hour the "stephanie miller show" is brought to you by the mighty turtle.com. your one stop shop to learn about health and if you feel like it shop for condoms and comfy shoes. >> oh. [ applause ] >> we gave this to jim because i
6:50 am
couldn't pronounce any of those years except for condom. which i haven't seen for years. it's on the trail near my house. >> oh! [ buzzer ] >> juannita in new orleans you are on the "stephanie miller show." >> bobby has already cut her medicaid down. and cut out my 80-year-old husband's medicaid and now he is refusing obamacare too. >> yep. >> i was listening to the man beside, and he said the federal government will step in and help out. is that true? >> yes if the states are not ready toen act an exchange the federal government will have to step in.
6:51 am
yeah. rick perry yesterday. >> we don't trust this administration or washington, d.c. to be able to deliver health care in our states. >> so we ain't going to have no healthcare. >> little dumber boy. i mentioned this to john yarmuth. worst in the country texas is worst in the country. >> that's right. >> and they are the highest rate in the nation of uninsured, more than 25% of texastans are uninsured. i believe romney said that in a debate, you are the highest uninsured -- >> i wish i would quit you. >> perfect hair! he joins other republican governors across the country to
6:52 am
turn down medicare funds. republican governors have the most uninsured americans. [ applause ] >> and i mentioned this yesterday, a woman literally had a terminal condition and will run out of time -- >> arizona. >> yeah i was just reading that governor jan brewer is thinking about refusing the medicare. >> yeah. jeffery said steph i was watching your show on current yesterday, because i was too lacy to download the podcast. [ laughter ] >> i see you mean where some governor at some point -- [ bell chimes ] [ applause ] >> put in something. hum. since she is diabetic she is immediately eligible for medicaid in this state. my hospital also has the best
6:53 am
hospital, massachusetts general. hooray for romney care. [ applause ] >> yeah, isn't that something? and romney is running i see, against that. >> how can you run against that? it's very successful, and you put it in there? so why are you running against it? >> because this is the republican party. >> exactly. >> okay. stephanie in illinois you are on the "stephanie miller show." hi, steph! >> hey don't go away like that again, because i had to put myself in a self induced coma after three days of morning joe. [ laughter ] >> don't go back to morning joe. >> no, won't. they had a tea party rally down here in cornville, and they wouldn't let me ask any questions. and i asked why? and they said you did not look like the kind of person that needed to ask. and i said can i ask about it now? and he said first of all, he
6:54 am
said you need to get the constitution straight because it was never meant to be for anyone who wasn't born during the time it was written. so he got fired from being a high school teacher, because he was teaching the kids this. so i said it was only written for the hundred thousand people who were arrive and he said mr. joe walsh -- >> oh. >> -- he said if roamny gets in, they are going to work on taking away the mandate that hospitals have to treat people whether they have insurance or not. and he said if people die, he said so be it, because it was never meant for everybody. >> wow! wow! >> wow. >> that took my breath away. that felt like when i got hit in the stomach with the
6:55 am
dodgeball -- >> when shannon -- >> no karl. get the stories straight. we ran out of money so we used basketballs. >> you didn't use dodge balls? >> just a cannon ball. >> a bochy ball. >> a boulder instead. >> tracy you are on the "stephanie miller show." >> good morning. and i'm sorry, respectfully republicans are liars. >> oh dear. >> i live in oregon state we have had a public health plan for other ten years. our exchanges are up and running. our state agencies are coordinating to provide preventative care for emergency care, for senior care for kids without care. they are all covered. >> right. >> we also -- >> [ inaudible ]. >> and a special election in 2010. now this was a special election.
6:56 am
we revamped our state tax structure. we raised corporate taxes. we raised business taxes. we raised income taxes on those making more than -- couples making more than 250 k. we did it. oregon didn't crumble into the pacific ocean. >> no, i was just there in january for sexy liberal it's lovely. >> yes, and one last point, we have the second highest minimum wage in the nation. >> hum. >> and you know something, public health care honestly the reason that republicans are against it is because of what is provided within the plan, and they are so against -- here is the a word -- abortion that they are willing to railroad care for kids, and care for seniors, and preventative care that would keep people out of the
6:57 am
hospitals. >> yep. >> and that's the bottom line. oregon has for years had the most -- >> yep. >> -- liberal care for women -- >> yeah. well -- >> and i'm so glad that i have this example, and i can not believe that people like ana are dying because -- >> yes that's what i mean. i don't mean to turn this into politics. there are real people that as a human being you should go -- i feel sorry for these people they are desperate that live in a state with republican governors -- >> so oregon is a hell hole. >> yes, thank you jim. >> jonathan krohn joins us next. 58 minutes after the hour. it's the "stephanie miller
6:58 am
show." ♪ >> they're not american. >> stephanie: they're noten [♪ theme music ♪] hello current tv fans. here we are getting ready for big hour number two. jonathan krohn former conservative child star, now liberal child star joins us in a few minutes. >> erica, jim his normal job is for to perv out on jacki schechner. >> hi, jim. >> erica, don't encourage him.
6:59 am
>> no, don't poke him with a sharp stick. [ laughter ] >> i was watching fox news because that's all i could get in italy, and the fox babes are hot, but our babes are hot and they are smart. so we apologize for jim ward. >> smart is sexy. >> erica doesn't know what to do. here she is erica ferrari in the current news center. >> good morning everyone. the $29 billion legislation would give tax credits that companies would subtract from their tax bills. the maximum credit would be $500,000, so it's aimed at helping smaller businesses, and it would also give a boost to companies that purchased major supplies like machinery in 2012 and allow them to deduct the entire cost.
7:00 am
the idea is to give a jolt to the sluggish economy, and reward shawl businesses for investing and hires. just 80,000 new jobs were created last month, leaving the unemployment rate at 8%. the lbgt group is trying to win over young conservative republicans. the group launched a campaign to spread their message to the right. according to a "washington post" abc news poll 61% of republicans think same-sex marriage should be against the law. but younger republicans are on the fence. the group also plans to host an event at the republican national convention. join us in chat at current.com. more stephanie next. ♪
7:01 am
this morning's "talking liberally with stephanie miller" is brought to you by expedia. find your voice.
7:02 am
what's my secret for sunday lunch? my little helpers... and 100% natural french's yellow mustard. it has zero calories for me, and a taste my family loves.
7:03 am
it's go time! >>every weeknight cenk uygur calls out the mainstream media. >>overwhelming majority of the county says: "tax the rich don't go to war."
7:04 am
♪ >> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's the "stephanie miller show"! ♪ i'm walking on sunshine, woe ho ♪ ♪ i'm walking on sunshine woe ho ♪ ♪ it's time to feel good ♪ ♪ hey all right now ♪ ♪ it's time to feel good ♪ >> uh-huh. it is the "stephanie miller show." welcome it to. back from vacation full strength. jim ward in a hissy. executive producer chris lavoie. me stephanie miller.
7:05 am
you can email us all at stephaniemiller.com. all right. we were talking about jonathan krohn yesterday. he was the right-wing child star. he wrote a really hilarious speech. he joins us now, good morning, jonathan. >> hey, how are you doing? >> good. thank you -- you have been tweeting like crazy about this. you kids are good at that sort of thing. thank you. >> well it's something -- i didn't plan to be tweeting this much. i didn't plan for this to be this much fanfare about it, but i have been doing what i can. >> by the way, this piece -- you are a very funny writer you said you are like the conservative macauley caw kin, except you have never had a drug problem or
7:06 am
dated his girlfriend. >> yeah. i didn't expect it to be that big. i wrote this book, and asked the organizer if i could have a speaking spot, and they actually gave it to me. and so i was really surprised when that happened. and when i was at cpac it became a huge deal. so i didn't realize there was going to be that big of a deal. >> i think we have to come clean, i'm pretty sure we played a clip of it and mocked you mercylousily. >> yeah. >> no but you made a good point that this is all you heard until you were how old? >> i guess seven to eight years old, i started listening to what was on the radio and i started remembering what i was hearing, and so, yeah, that's really when
7:07 am
i started. the good thing is -- i mean i think with age people grow out of it, and they hear other things, and so it really helped me -- the more i heard and the more i learned i think i matured a bit, and i think with that time, that's kind of where i got my sense of humor for all of this, and i'm going to hopefully writing a few more speeches. >> when you were 13 did the words that you were espousing, did it make sense to you or were you just parroting what you had heard from other people. >> no, i think it was -- i think to an extent i thought i knew what i was talking about, but i really didn't -- it wasn't -- i wasn't mature enough or really -- i guess i really hadn't thought it through enough or was able to think it through, you know. >> i love what you wrote about it. come on, i was 13!
7:08 am
what does a kid who never paid a tax bring to the table in the discussion about taxes. that stuff they just think is so self aware, and as you say, you actually don't consider yourself a liberal. >> no, i have had a horrible time calling myself an ideology. and i really do think calling yourself and binding yourself to one side of the political spectrum makes a whole lot of sense, because it's -- it makes you put -- it puts you into this little bubble that you can't move beyond, because you have to -- you have to agree to a lot of hah that ideology says. there is some flexibility in certain cases, but i think you are much more flexible and able to have your own thing, if you don't identify with an ideology
7:09 am
and think you think for yourself. politics is finding out what is best for the country, not what is best for your political party. >> yeah. talk about what hand -- "politico" released an interview in which you announced you weren't conservative anymore, and you said since then i have been treated by the write all of the maturity of schoolyard bullies. you said these are not adults levelling criticism, this is bullying. no wonder i fit in so well when i was 13. >> yeah, i have had people say mean things about me before but i didn't think it would be this vicious. especially some of these people that made fun of me -- i actually knew some of those people, and they were nice to me, and they were very nice to
7:10 am
me you know? and some of them had been my contacts at fox when i would go there and i was on a show with them, and they would show me around and so on and so forth. and like one of them said that she was [ inaudible ] and that i was duping them that i was trying to pull a scheme or something. and then that same guy said -- the quoted philosophy. why would you quote philosophy when you are 17. what is wrong? there is something wrong with that. >> oh, my god, really? >> wow. >> yeah. philosophy being used by 17 year olds. and i was like okay. whatever. >> you have obviously read entirely too many books for their liking. >> apparently. and [ inaudible ] said the piece
7:11 am
you mentioned was the third one they wrote about me. they wrote three -- they wrote an entire three in two days about me. >> wow. >> the first one was the one that got the most attention from bush people, because they used a lot of language that i probably can't mention over the air. >> yeah, the gist of them seemed to be like whatever pondexter. >> yeah, and i was surprised at the daily caller that none of the editors were trying to apologize for the fact that they had a bunch of reporters going on and on and -- especially the first two pieces and didn't say, yeah these are hick pieces and we shouldn't have publiced them. but problem had problems with them publishing the first two pieces, which were not hit pieces. and not of the reporters -- they have been on twitter and made
7:12 am
fun of me again. and i'm like what is wrong with that? >> well, jonathan welcome to my world, my friend. i'm guessing newt gingrich's -- >> i haven't heard from newt gingrich or any of the political right on this. none of them have asked me on their shows or wanted to talk to me. but that's okay. my favorite thing is there are a bunch of people on the right who have started to go who is jonathan? i have never heard of that kid before? >> right. >> yeah, you wrote -- as you write -- you say this is what the story boils down to a 17 year old has different opinions than he did when he was 13. i also want a beautiful home in
7:13 am
the hamptons with cans the side of my head but that will never happen. [ laughter ] >> that may happen. don't sell yourself short. [ laughter ] >> thank you. you know, i -- i -- i think that it's all about -- what you do with your lives and what you do -- i said this in there too. what i do with my life and how i am should be what i want to do with my life. and i shouldn't be [ inaudible ] every day about how [ inaudible ] political views. and that's all i want to do. part of the reason i did this was because i was extremely tired of people putting me in that bubble of you are that kid that gave that speech and that's all you will ever be. >> yeah. and you are defined forever. >> yeah, it's horrible and there are people who -- and even some
7:14 am
on the left who didn't think i was doing this for -- you know for actually valid reasons, and even after the piece thought i was doing this for monetary reasons. and i told these people, yes, i'm doing it for all of the money that i am not getting. because i'm getting so much money from doing things that don't pay. >> jonathan i relate to you more than you know. my dad ran with barry goldwater in 1964 because i see your dad calls you a flaming liberal. >> yeah, my parents love me. they have been respectful of me. i just don't -- i don't know why he called me a flaming liberal. i thought it was funny. so i put that in my bio. and he is good with it. >> i just got some letters that i apparently wrote when i was a kid -- because i came from this republican family and there was
7:15 am
a paper i was writing about i said something about my dad is a great man, which is true but i said i don't know if he is as great as richard nixon or john travolta. [ laughter ] >> and i wrote this post water gate. >> oh, stephanie. >> up your nose with a rubber hose. >> yeah, and this was premassage scandal. so johnson you are a very talented writer. >> thank you. >> i hope you'll come back -- all i recall saying chris is i suggest you grows hair in certain places when you were 13, and i think you agree with me, now that you have grown
7:16 am
said hair, i said come back and talk to me when it is grown. >> yeah. [ laughter ] >> jonathan thanks so much. >> thank you. >> yeah now i remember. [ applause ] >> you played that clip and i just said oh please, grow some hair on your -- [ censor bleep ] >> and there he is back with his hair. [ applause ] >> he has a great future as a writer. >> yeah, he is delightful. >> yeah. >> 18 minutes after the hour. kids go to meeting, what would we do without it? during the summer we all have different vacation days. you and your colleagues could meet in person with go to meeting hd. it is better than in person in my opinion, no body odors. >> and you don't have to wear pants. >> right. no pants. >> without the smell-o-vision. >> now i'm going to have that in
7:17 am
my mind the next time we go to meeting. >> it just takes a -- click. click like on a mouse. >> yeah. >> it is fabulous. ipad users just download the free meeting to join. it's fabulous. my listeners can try go to meeting free for 30 days. click on the try it free button and use the promo code stephanie. >> announcer: it's her political party, and she'll cry if she wants to. it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪
7:18 am
7:19 am
7:20 am
get irresistibly clean and fresh carpets in your home with resolve deep clean powder. the moist powder removes three times more dirt than vacuuming alone while neutralizing odors for a clean you can see, smell and really enjoy. don't just vacuum clean. resolve clean. the real world and politics collide on "the gavin newsom show". this week: can a futurist really predict the future? find out on "the gavin newsom show". only on current tv. ♪
7:21 am
♪ are you ready are you ready for -- >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ never went back, never went back ♪ >> it is the "stephanie miller show." welcome to it. 24 minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. we were just talking to the delightful jonathan krohn about twitter. the kids are just wizards with the twitter. rafalca, the romney dressage horse, the rider just tuned into my twitter. [ applause ] >> they don't realize we are
7:22 am
mocking them. ♪ oh my little pony one, my pony one named rafalca ♪ ♪ oh your main is soft ♪ ♪ always giddy-up and dressage it up ♪ ♪ horsey time time, time woe ♪ ♪ my, my, my rafalca ♪ ♪ my rafalca ♪ >> yay! [ applause ] >> okay. [ laughter ] >> they don't get it. >> nope. >> speaking of unintentional comedy. did you see the mega rich donors lined up in the hamptons. >> what a bunch of douche bags. >> the mitt romney fund raiser in the hamptons darling.
7:23 am
>> the lead line is mega rich donors lived up to stereo types in the hamptons. i loved the plane that flew by that said, romney has a koch problem. [ laughter ] >> they interviewed a bunch of people coming in. a new york city donor said romney needs to do a better job connecting. i don't think the common person is getting it she says. [ laughter ] >> she said from the passenger seat of a rang rover. she said we got the message, but the college kids the baby sitters, the nail lady, everybody who has got the right to vote -- what is that somebody -- they don't understand what is going on. i just think if you are lower income -- >> really? >> wow. -- one you are not as educated, two they don't understand how it works, how the system works.
7:24 am
they don't understand the impact. >> poor people are dumb. [ mocking laughter ] >> wow. >> oh, my god, really. >> oh, my god! >> really? isn't there someone working on a law that nail ladies isn't vote? what is that somebody? okay. you can pick a color and you cannot pick a candidate if you are a nail lady. [ mocking laughter ] >> this is awful. ted conklin who owns the american hotel in zagsagg harbor said obama is a socialist. [ mocking laughter ] >> go tell it. [ mocking laughter ] >> so the awful state of health care in american is not a problem. he just invented the problem -- >> how can i just picture his wife carol, aka lovie nodding
7:25 am
in her gold mercedes. >> poor people should just die. >> tell him who was on your yacht this weekend, tell him. >> over mr. conklin's objections she disclosed a major executive from mirmax was on the yacht because there was no room at the hotel. [ mocking laughter ] >> oh, god! >> tell him. >> in a related story mitt romney said that he has little to do with his personal investments because they are managed by a blind trust. i don't manage them. i don't even know where they are. [ mocking laughter ] >> right. >> mitt romney said if you are here by and large you are doing just fine. you think? the tickets were like $75,000 a couple. that's just fine? >> that's more than that obama fund raiser you went to.
7:26 am
>> he said i don't spend a lot of time worrying about those that are here, i spend my time worrying about the poor. ♪ you are a lying sack of crap ♪ >> oh my god! >> i have poor people cleaning my toilets right now. [ applause ] >> oh, gosh! >> wow. >> it's in the desert. >> bloat! >> oh, my god! wow! >> oh, boy. >> his blind trust is run by mr. mcgu. >> mr. mcgoo you have done it again. >> he is totally blind. 29 minutes after the hour. right back on the "stephanie miller show." ♪ they're going to vote for. most of us already know who
7:27 am
we're going to vote for. i don't believe a lot of the people who call themselves moderates or whatever are as moderate as they say they are >>this show will be unique because we will not settle for the easy answers. >>the former governor of new york eliot spitzer joins the new news network. >>every night we will drill down on the days top stories in search of facts that inform. we don't stop until we get answers that are truthful, serious, not based on simplistic answers. we're here because we're
7:28 am
7:29 am
7:30 am
hey joe, can you talk? sure. your hair -- amazing. thanks to head and shoulders for men. four shampoos that give men game-winning scalp protection, great looking hair... and confidence [ male announcer ] up to 100% flake free with head & shoulders for men. it's like chicken and crunchy stuff got married! i only use french's french fried onions on my crunchy onion chicken because it's america's number one brand. just minutes to make, then bake! >>(narrator) we are the trailblazers, the truth seekers. we are the idea no one wants to hear until it grabs you and won't let go. we push, we prod until the truth reveals itself. we are fearless, independent trendsetters, problem solvers, politically direct. the young turks with cenk uygur at 7, viewpoint with eliot spitzer at 8, the war room with jennifer granholm at 9, the gavin newsom show fridays at 11.
7:31 am
and there's only one place you'll find us: weeknights on current tv. ♪ >> i was the first one on the scene, selling erotic t-shirts -- >> announcer: stephanie miller. >> the fart one, that one was not erotic to everyone. [ laughter ] >> thank goodness for my fcc license. charlie pierce is a great writer -- >> you can write things on the internet that you cannot say on the radio. >> right? i got to get my [ censor bleep ] button yes. all right. here it is go.
7:32 am
♪ pierce ♪ ♪ >> charlie pierce political columnist for est squire.com. >> i'm not not sure that is a word you have to bleep honestly. >> it makes me a little scoogy. >> that is chris doing his charo imitation. >> that's right. >> welcome home by the way [♪ magic wand ♪] >> thank you. >> guess who i was on the plane with on the way home from the sexy liberal show? >> who? >> charo. >> what is she possibly doing for a living?
7:33 am
outside of collecting residuals from the 3,800 times she was on "love boat." >> yeah and she was delightful. great stuff as usual. when professional pundits talk about the romney campaign problems, nay mean establishing one gross lie on the issue, and it is alternatively known as the fehrnstrom conundrum. [ bell chimes ] [ laughter ] >> what is up with that guy charlie? >> i know eric from many many years ago. and now that he is sort of on the main stage, i don't know if it's him or just the general issue of the campaign but nobody can seem -- they can't seem to settle on one, like -- lie. >> yeah. >> so they are all off of the
7:34 am
reservation on what they want to say. >> even for the romney campaign that was a spectacular collision, wasn't it? >> i do think it got caught up on being summer in the silly season. but it doesn't matter. what possible difference does it make to the people who need the healthcare. >> exactly. we were just talking about this woman, the lady in the rang rover who was talking about why do they let the common people vote, the nail ladies. >> and then she said she picked her teeth with the bleached metacarpal of a poor child and went off for another cocktail. >> how could they possibly allow reporters to go up and down the line of people waiting to get into that place and do interviews? >> yeah.
7:35 am
>> and you say is -- is it time now to point that the dow is doing fine, the executive compensation is back where it was before, and the same people who created the country the last time are still engaging in reckless fraud and massive stupidity. you mentioned the disillusioned obama supporters on the swells. i met some of those on my bike trip. >> there is the guy who is responsible for the upgrading of the image of chucky cheese. >> you are right. oh, my god. >> oh, man. wow. [ laughter ] >> and believe me as -- as -- as a parent when i die and go to my richly deserved reward my endless hell is going to be chucky cheese. if you can take your children to bff for abusing their parents, having parties at chucky cheese would be a major offense.
7:36 am
social services would remove you from your children if they make you go to chucky cheese. >> exactly. >> choosing my fingernails tastes better than that pizza, by the way. >> as you say. [ censor bleep ] nobody documents what happens on the sunday shows better than you charlie pierce. >> this was spectacular this week. between bobby gendel and rins preibus who just gets better and better. >> right. and you said mitt romney has to listen for liberty and freedom. >> america will not survive if mitt romney is not elected president. >> wow. >> i spent a lot of time in wisconsin when i went to college, because that's where i went to college, and i never got
7:37 am
drunk enough to say that. [ laughter ] >> he didn't -- >> my freedom of speech is completely curtailed if he loses because then i can't make fun of him anymore. >> the governor proceeded do make a lovely gumbo out of himself trying to explain romney's overseas banking accounts. >> it was incredible. he wouldn't answer the question. he kept saying what about the overseas bank account, and bobby would say but what about the deficit? >> yeah. you said should america consider that romney is net worth is in other countries and is the price of the deficit. >> he probably like -- you know
7:38 am
the president sold like kenyan muslim marijuana. >> of course. what else would he say? >> you say there is clinging to your talking points like clinging to the titanic until your body begins to freeze from the niece up. [ applause ] >> charlie pierce. >> he is probably the worst surrogate i have ever seen. >> yeah. >> beginning with his rely to the state of the union, and going right up through this weekend. >> yeah. >> for a guy who is supposed to be a raising star in your party, he has got to be the worst surrogate i have ever seen. >> and then you gave us george will on global warming. that was pretty stunning. he said it's summer. it's hot. get over it. >> he has got to really consider himself lucky that ej dion doesn't carry brass knuckles.
7:39 am
because he would be dead right now. >> i know. >> he may be my favorite catholic. >> you make the point that so far over the past two weeks 60 of wells citizens have been unable to, quote unquote, get over it because they are dead from the heat. >> the level of commitment they have to the idea that there really isn't anything to worry about this isastonishing to me. and even the head of exxoning a mitts that it is happen but think we can engineer our way out of it. >> yeah. >> is mitt romney going to have to present any specifics at any point? >> i assume during the debates he will. >> right. >> he has come out today saying his campaign is going to strike
7:40 am
back hard against the criticism he is getting for all of this offshoring outsourcing things and he's not going to be shy about calling the president a liar. is this really something mitt romney wants to do? is this the field he wants to play on? >> is he going to have to release his tax returns? romney says there is nothing hidden in those taxes, and i'll prove it by not showing it to you. >> all of my money is in a blind trust. i have no idea what is going on. [ mocking laughter ] >> i am far more impressed by his $2 million ira or whatever it is -- >> 100 million. >> 100 million ira. >> how does that happen exactly? >> when you sell a bunch of jobs off to china. >> yeah. >> it would be nice to see his tax records so we could find out. >> i don't think he is going to do it. i think he is going to stand there and say the hell with it.
7:41 am
i'm really rich and you all know it, and elect me anyway. >> so shut up. >> so he's not following the precedent that his own father began. >> no, because his father is a loser. his father lost. mitt doesn't want to lose. he may lose anyway but not by showing how rich he is. >> thank you, charlie. >> i never thought i would route so hard against an american dressage team in the olympics. [ laughter ] >> we can pick favorites in dressage. >> i am routing for everything team in america except united states dressage. >> thank you, baby. talk -- >> was there gellato involved in >> lots of gellato and lots of
7:42 am
vine -- >> vino rosa. >> yeah! >> i won today's contest of guess what momma is drinking. >> ummm. >> i guarantee you didn't have it at chucky cheeses. >> all right. >> awe. [ applause ] >> 45 minutes after the hour. right back on the "stephanie miller show." >> announcer: call stephanie now. she's easy. 1-800-steph-1-2. ♪
7:43 am
of sununu, you're wrong. mitt romney, you're wrong. we need more teachers, not fewer teachers and more cops and more firefighters that support our
7:44 am
unwrap your paradise. soft, sweet coconut covered in rich, creamy chocolate. almond joy and mounds. unwrap paradise.
7:45 am
7:46 am
if you missed joy behar one week only... >>hey, time flies when you're having fun. >>don't worry because she'll be back. >>where are the lefties besides on current tv? >>joy behar is getting her own show coming to current tv this fall. [ ♪ music ♪ ] ♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ y'all want this party,
7:47 am
started, right ♪ y'all want this party started quickly ♪ >> bang. >> bam. it is the "stephanie miller show." welcome to it. 49 minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-1-2. this hour brought to you by go to meeting. my listeners can try go to meeting free for 30 days. type in the promo code stephanie. [ applause ] >> speaking of promos, i have a new hat. >> you do? >> look at this it's from amy. amy from columbus. it's big gay dogs. pride wear for pets and their people. thank you amy. amy going to sexy liberal in columbus. welcome back steph. i'm embarrassed to admit how much i missed you. no, don't be embarrassed it's okay. [ applause ] >> everybody gentle.
7:48 am
no offense, john did a great job. tony sort of resembled -- tony sort of resembled chris, and you and john both had that dark hair and light skin. [ bell chimes ] >> i know he has craig schumaker in one day. >> cute and hilarious. >> yes. >> what did you do? >> why? >> now roseanne barr is mad at us? what did he do. >> you shouldn't have said it the first time. >> you say things that get me in trouble. i love roseanne. now i'm going to get a call. ann said roseanne barr and "stephanie miller show" twitter freakout. dear steph roseanne barr tweeted
7:49 am
against the lefty joke candidacy. >> i don't listen to an end tire show -- i just don't have that kind of time -- i just -- i'm sorry. >> you obviously suggested her campaign was less than a serious campaign for president. >> you were making fun of roseanne barr. >> i think that's what i was doing. >> yeah. i'm just going to call forward to you. >> great. >> ahhhhh -- i was going to send you macadamia nuts for christmas, forget it! >> i'm sure she loves that impression that you do of her? >> she does. [ applause ] >> speaking of things that happened on vacation baby wipes are magic. >> i thought you said baby whites -- [ laughter ] >> i hope that won't be used against me in an unfortunate way -- >> you racist.
7:50 am
[ laughter ] >> looking for the left who is more racist than the right clip. i'll be down the anales of bill bennett radio history -- >> i do know it's true if you wanted to reduce crime, you could avoid every black baby in this country and crime would go down. >> and now -- >> announcer: stephanie miller. . >> -- baby whites are magic. not the blacks. that's not what i said! the only thing that gets bike grease off of your leg? [ bell chimes ] [ applause ] >> baby wipes. sharon writes baby rips are the shizzle. i heard you talk about the baby wipes -- >> this is a very young
7:51 am
paramore. >> i think it's for a different kind of cleanup. >> in fact she suggested they should be called whore pipes. just a suggestion. [ applause ] >> they are write handy for that kind of clean up. >> can we have more details. [ laughter ] >> okay. you know what -- i don't even want to go any further with this. both of you just stay right there. i'm going to pretend i didn't hear it. [ laughter ] >> hi, donna from kansas. >> hi. just wanted to tell you my brother injury and i watch you all the time since you came on. >> thank you. >> we have been watching current since they had the rotten tomatoes show. >> you are an old timer. >> yeah. calling about the bush tax cuts. i think harry reid should stick that old bush tax cuts thing up on a shelf over a trash can, and
7:52 am
tell the republicans that you either cut the middle class and raise the rich or we're just going to push that thing off the shelf and -- >> let us go off the fiscal cliff like a bunch of lemmings. the president. >> we should all agree to extent the tax cuts for the middle class. let's agree to do what we agree on. that's what compromise is all about. >> yeah. and before you call. job creators hello stephanie, i am a job creator and i have some concern. [♪ magic wand ♪] >> this is about helping job creators, i want to give them relief. >> you are a job creator, stephanie. >> a couple of it will .crappy jobs, but there it goes. ken you are on the "stephanie miller show."
7:53 am
>> stephanie, it's nice to see you back. >> thank you, you too. >> boys you too. >> thank you. >> hey, i want to be the official vietnam creator job creator in theed a ron dabbings. >> i went to camp in the aderondacs. it's a nice place. >> okay. go ahead. >> it's not the issue 30 million plus unemployed. the mandate was something they latched on to when clinton was arguing for medicaid for all just to have a position. they have just boxed into a corner. australia's minimum wage is $68 an hour. >> yeah. they just lowered -- >> scranton. >> for everybody.
7:54 am
>> yeah. brilliant. brilliant. >> yeah. it's like we would get this faster -- >> yeah. >> norma you are on the "stephanie miller show." >> hi, stephanie. i'm calling for two important reasons, one is that governor brewer is weighing her options in opting out of the medicaid expansion. >> yep. >> i want to give her phone somebody 602-542-4331. everyone in arizona needs to call governor brewer's office and urge her to expand the medicaid as actually the voters told her to do back in 2000. >> as she pointed a bony finger in her face. >> you are not getting medicaid.
7:55 am
hum. [♪ "jeopardy" theme music ♪] >> chris christie is weigh his options -- >> you have to pull off of the highway for that. [ laughter ] >> laurie in connecticut. you are on the "stephanie miller show." >> hey, steph, i wanted to refer back to the woman who was talk about the possibility of romney being elected and the republicans wanting to repeal the law that people who show up at emergency rooms must be treated. do you know who signed that bill into law years ago, which president? >> i'm going to say reagan. [ bell chimes ] [ applause ] >> there you go. and it was in response to all of the people who were being left outside of emergency rooms to die because they didn't have health insurance. >> yeah. thank you. 58 minutes after the hour. right back on the "stephanie miller show." ♪
7:56 am
♪ there she is. hello current tv fans. they just have like a long line of guitar auditions in the current news center. >> yes. >> good morning, erica ferrari. >> good morning, everyone. the major of scanton, pennsylvania says he is cutting pay for public workers to minimum wage. on friday he announced the city's 398 workers will now make
7:57 am
$7.25 scents an hour. his execute with an almost $7 million budget deficit, the city is running out of money. they are gearing up for a federal lawsuit against the major. scranton is the latest u.s. city struggling to pay its deal. stockton, california earlier this month became the largest city ever to file for bankruptcy. >> and republicans launch another attack on president obama's healthcare reform. they will hold a series of hearings. but the senate is lead by democrats so the repeal will likely die. republicans latest war comes less than two weeks after the supreme court voted up to hold it. in an interview last week house speaker said, quote, this has to be ripped out by itself roots. >> democrats think the gop's
7:58 am
latest move could work in its favor. many think it will help to outline the perks of the bill to voters. >>every weeknight cenk uygur calls out the mainstream media. >>overwhelming majority of the county says: "tax the rich don't go to war."
7:59 am
8:00 am
eliot spitzer joins the new news network. we don't stop until we get answers that are truthful,
8:01 am
serious, not based on simplistic answers. >>only on current tv. [ ♪ theme music ♪ ] >> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's "the stephanie miller show." [ ♪ theme music ♪ ] >> stephanie: it is "the stephanie miller show." welcome to it. six minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-12 instead of, the phone number. www.stephaniemiller.com, the website. i read my old jaime paper, i do
8:02 am
not think that i could love her any more. i picked up the l. a. times paper, jackie speier was shot five times and pete mcclowski was wounded twice in korea. >> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's the "stephanie miller show"! ♪ i'm walking on sunshine woe ho i'm walking on sunshine, woe ho ♪ ♪ it's time to feel good ♪ ♪ hey all right now ♪ ♪ it's time to feel good ♪ >> uh-huh. it is the "stephanie miller show." welcome it to, 6 minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. comedian michael mcdonald on his way up will be live in studio in just a few minutes. what a show this morning? could it get anymore interesting? >> for current tv our good
8:03 am
friend david shuster. >> as if tuesday isn't exciting enough. >> shuster ♪ >> he is the most interesting man in the world. [ laughter ] >> for me neither. and neither do you many shiny avenue. hi, david shuster. >> [ inaudible ] >> i'm good. i missed you last week. >> did you have a nice time in italy? >> i did except the only news show you can get in italy is fox news. [ explosion ] >> so it's good to be back and talk to a real news man. let's talk about the swing states polled. we hear this every election year. and so far it looks like these -- amid the barrage of ads obama is winning on that front, no? >> yeah, he is doing well. there is an ad called i believe which talks about mitt romney
8:04 am
outsourcing jobs and i think it is the most effective ad i have seen in the last four or five years. and they are running the ad primarily in battleground states although i also saw the ad on espn the other night. but when you look at this compared to some of the ads mitt romney is running, hats off to obama because his ad runners are doing a great job. >> the ads have changed their mind about candidate, 76% now support the president versus 16% favoring romney. how much of that -- it says the voters who have changed their minds about mitt romney simply didn't know him that well.
8:05 am
>> the challenge for president obama has been to try to define mitt romney and really make this a choice, and i think have done a very effective job of defining mitt romney before he has a chance to do so. and also the fact that mitt romney is very wealthy. but the whole message president obama started to lay out in his speech, he said look we have a fundamental disagreement. we invest in the middle class and providing infrastructure and all of those sorts of things. and mitt romney believes the way to grow the economy is to give all of the breaks to the wealthy and hope it trickles down. and i think that's spot on. the fact of the matter trickle-down economics has not worked. and to the extent that the obama campaign is able to tie mitt
8:06 am
romney into that i think is a important. >> jim ma see that said we gave them new information. i think he truth is always most powerful. it just says take a look at his record on job creation, both in massachusetts and as the head of bain. that's all fair game. >> yeah, and job creation got worse in massachusetts. and mitt romney likes to say, that was because there was a trend line before i became governor. if that is true then you have to accept that when obama took office there was a trend line because of george w. bush. so he can't have it both ways. and it just -- so i think you -- the obama campaign is caught romney talking out of both sides of his mouth again. and his campaign talking out of both sides of his mouth, and
8:07 am
it's effective. and not only is mitt romney different from you and i because of his gawealth, but he is a different sort of character who is uncaring about the middle class and giving morning some sort of safety net, and i think that resinates. >> absolutely. i'm curious whether you think he is going to be able to get away with not releasing his tax returns. mitt romney says he know nothing about his off-shore investments. >> that's a blind trust. >> really blind. >> maybe because he hasn't bought one of those islands in the bahamas yet. >> i think people felt like for the of the spring fine but there does come a point where there is a tipping point.
8:08 am
and i think we have reached it. and i think we saw this great column the other day comparing mitt romney with his father and didn't take advantage of certain tax breaks and you compare that with the son and you have a lot of members of the media, saying you have danced around this for too many months you must do this. and if romney feels like there is nothing wrong. he followed the letter of the law on his tax returns, that's fine. release the documents and let people poor through them. >> right. he just said today there's nothing in the things that i'm hiding. [ laughter ] >> and meanwhile i hear all of these stories floating around that they wrote off a birthday party for their dressage horse -- >> so he is kind of transparent.
8:09 am
>> yeah, or put it out there and explain it. this might look kind of funny. my wife riding around on these horses that would teach them how to dance, and explain it. have the courage to say this is why i did it. and though tax code allows me to do this, and here is why, so i'm not going to penalize myself i'm going to do the same as any other american would and use every advantage that i have. but at least have the courage to do that. stand up and say this is what i did and this is why i did it. i think when americans start to see him hiding saying i'm not going to release that or i don't know about my swiss bank accounts, it doesn't a pass the laugh test. >> right. and both politically and because it's the right thing to do it's a good time for the president to be having discussion about these bush tax cuts. >> right.
8:10 am
>> i thought that was a brilliant stroke. a lot of progressives have criticized the president in that he is a horrible negotiator. he starts in the center and ends up compromising to the right. and yesterday there was an announcement that it is going to be $250,000 or less. and nancy pelosi is saying let's let them continue up to everyone making a million. but i was like wow, for the first time we have seen the president stake out a position that is pretty hard line. and the compromise might be we'll cut the bush tax cuts for people making a million or more. so i thought finally the president has gotten it. he is being somewhat of a hard ass on this.
8:11 am
>> yeah. let's start -- let's talk about health care for a second. senator dick burr ban. >> mitt romney is the obamacare daddy. he gave birth to it in massachusetts, and now he is going against it. >> was that the worst muddle ever last week? >> yeah, romney ticks off all of the different aspects that people like. women shouldn't pay more and people younger than 26 should be able to stay on their parent's plans, and people with preexisting conditions shouldn't be kicked off. that's great. how are you going to support it? he won't say. and then he says we have to repeal all of obamacare and then he is contradicting himself in the same paragraph. and it's -- i mean i -- i sometimes think -- i have some
8:12 am
friends on the republican side who are probably thinking mitt romney should just not have a press conference. better to say nothing than to be that convoluted and crazy about it. >> on was on vacation and even for the romney campaign that was spectacular, i thought. >> yeah, and you get the sense that romney -- all the democrats need to do -- the running -- the obama campaign is running a smart campaign, but i think they are certainly being helped by romney is a candidate and you are starting to hear rumblings that romney is not a good candidate. he makes these miss czar statements, and he doesn't realize he is being illogical. and it takes a certain kind of discipline to be a politic to stick with talking points. romney doesn't do that.
8:13 am
and it feels like every other week or two, we're getting one of these dosys. >> yeah. when you have speaker boner even saying -- he was at a fund raiser in west virginia he told someone that americans are not likely to fall in love with romney, and that no one will be voting for him as opposed to voting against president obama. >> oh, dear. >> i sometimes feel like look if the candidate gets along well with the press core that is coveraging them. you bring them doe it ins, become acceptable, but it's something you have to do if you are going to run for president of the united states, you have to charm the press. romney has done the opposite. he has antagonized the press corps covering him in so many ways.
8:14 am
it is just poisonous the relay lay shunship between romney and the press corps covering him. and to me this is a guy who doesn't even get the basics. >> yeah. it's hilarious. the -- boner's comments were a direct response to someone asking can you fake me love mitt romney? he flatly answered no and no one is likely to do that. and then you just picture him face planting in his scotch. >> nobody, oh . . . >> he may be the course candidate ever. >> yeah i think the nbc wall street poll that came out, who would you ever be with on an air plane ride, and obama wins that by like 28 points. and i think that should be a big concern for the republicans, but when the personal likability is that different, those are all of the moderates and dependents who
8:15 am
will make up their mind at the end going with a, you know, gut feeling. >> it's the old who would you rather have a beer with, but a flight that's a lot longer than a beer so that's even better right? [ laughter ] >> exactly. i think a lot of americans will be drinking a lot if they have to sit next to mitt romney. >> i picture that old woman in airplane. all right. david shuster you are the best. >> all right. honey look forward to seeing you later this summer. >> oh, yeah, at the dnc. >> it's kennedy and nixon all over again. >> exactly. comedian extrordanaire michael
8:16 am
mcdonald live in studio when we return. >> announcer: it is the "stephanie miller show."
8:17 am
8:18 am
if you missed joy behar one week only... >>hey, time flies when you're having fun. >>don't worry because she'll be back. >>where are the lefties besides on current tv? >>joy behar is getting her own show coming to current tv this fall.
8:19 am
♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ crank it up, this town is going to play my tune ♪ ♪ crank it up ♪ ♪ yeah ♪ >> yeah. it is the "stephanie miller show." oh, god those hypnotic blue eyes. there he is michael mcdonald! [ bell chimes ] [ applause ] >> hooray. >> formerly of mad tv -- >> and the doby brothers. oh, no that's the other guy. >> would you like to direct --
8:20 am
>> i would. is there soft lighting? >> yeah. you should haven't to squint to do radio. >> good morning, michael mcdonald. >> good morning. thank you for inviting me into your home. >> you gave me a dvd. >> yeah, it's called token doll and if you know anything about tyra banks, she will tell you how to do broken doll. >> it's like zoolander. >> i guess so. it's a little bit of it. >> you do that very well. >> yeah. >> it's disturbing. thank you for that. [ laughter ] >> i don't look alive on it. i look stuffed. >> neither does tyra banks. >> yeah. there you go. >> that's the new thing in modeling. show me corps. >> that's why you must see michael mcdonald live! [ bell chimes ]
8:21 am
[ applause ] >> because you get that sort of physical comedy that does not translate on the radio. >> that's right. i'm going to finish my tour up with a little stint in l.a. and i almost never do stand-up in l.a., so i'm looking forward to it. >> you have been directing producing, writing on cougar town. >> i'm like a floater at a restaurant. go bus that table -- no. >> no. it's early. >> moving to tbs, right? >> yeah, cougar town will be going to tbs with original episodes, and they will probably hopefully rerun into the ground which would be great. >> can jim come visit so he is perv out on courtney cox? >> yeah, he can. and she has given me full license to just grant dates to people to anybody who would like one. >> yeah. >> yeah, come on by.
8:22 am
she is an awesome girl. >> that's what i heard. you have appeared on every single season of kathy griffin my life on the d-list. >> have i? >> according to your bio. >> i don't recall writing that but i may have been drunk. yeah, i have done a few of those. >> she is blurbed here all kinds of wrong. in what ways are you wrong? >> i any mostly about what i think is funny is generally -- >> wrong. >> -- wrong. >> yeah. >> don't you wish your boyfriend was wrong like michael mcdonald? or he was a freak like michael mcdonald? [ laughter ] >> how are you feeling this election year? >> i have sort of tuned out. i leave and go away in may.
8:23 am
i have not really been paying much at attention at all. >> oh, well this is just what happened last week, on whether the mandate was a tax or penalty. >> the mandate was not a attacks. it was a penalty. >> if you have afford to buy insurance, then buy it. if you don't want to then you have to put enough money aside to pay your own way -- >> you imposed tax penalties in massachusetts -- >> if people can afford to buy it, either buy your own insurance or pay your own way, don't be free riders -- >> governor romney said in 2009 using tax penalties as we did or tax credits as others have imposed encouraging free riders to take responsibility for themselves. >> the governor has consistently described the mandate in massachusetts as a penalty. >> the mandate was not a tax. >> okay.
8:24 am
>> the governor believes that what we put in place in massachusetts was a penalty and he disages with the court's ruling that the mandate is a tax. >> the majority said it is a tax, and therefore it is a tax. >> what is the rnc's position on this. >> it's the same as mitt romney's position. it is a tax. that's the only way that the supreme court came up with the decision it did -- >> it sounds like camp romney said it was a penalty so i'm asking you specifically. >> it is not clear that his mandate is a tax. >> the mandate was not a tax it is a penalty. >> it's no wonder you tuned out. when we come back michael mcdonald will explain if there's a difference between free riders and floaters, as we continue on the "stephanie miller show." what? [ laughter ] ♪
8:25 am
to it different news stories. we'll be right back. "the stephanie miller show." [ ♪ music ♪ ] >>it's the place where democracy is supposed to be the great equalizer,
8:26 am
8:27 am
8:28 am
he's certifiably insane! and just signs a deal for $100 million and people listen to that crap! i just can't believe it. 1-866-55-press. your latest on glenn beck. let's talk about it. >> announcer: this is the "bill press show." live on your radio and current tv.
8:29 am
[ ♪ music ♪ ] ♪ >> the trouble is -- >> announcer: stephanie miller. . >> -- struggles with technology of any kind. re-moats, cell phones, computers. >> true that. comedian michael mcdonald owner of the bluest eyes and longest eyelashes i have ever seen on a man outside of claris on the christmas special. [ bell chimes ] [ applause ] >> no, i got that wrong. >> rudolf the red nose reindeer. >> is that the bell from the price is right? >> it's from match game.
8:30 am
>> i'm frequently not aware of what is in my box. >> brett summers is in your box. >> it is box or is it a tax. >> it is a free ride or a floater, michael mcdonald? what is the deal? >> i'm going to say free rider. >> good, you got it. [ bell chimes ] [ applause ] >> representative javier. >> what are we going back to what was already done, past. >> they voted for the 31st time republicans to repeal health care. >> they will vote tomorrow. >> yeah it will be the 31st time. >> you. >> they are like a condom with a hole in it. >> i was going to say dog with a bone -- but i guess dog with a
8:31 am
hole in the bone -- are we bleeping me? [ laughter ] >> have any of my wores made it. >> we're improvising. >> wait, wait. don't tell me. >> chris christie. >> we don't trust this admission -- >> that's rick perry. i wanted governor chris christie. >> okay. >> the arrogance of the federal government, they believe they can craft a program to work for everything. >> like medicare. >> that's chris christie, the guy talking about arrogance. does he not always look like a scene from the sopranos when you watch his news conference. that guy is an idiot! boom! >> at least it's not him, ha, him, ha, i'm trying to think about what i'm going to say, but i don't want the worlds to come out controversial, at least he's
8:32 am
like go to hell! >> and don't forget the s on the end. >> republican from alabama said this. >> we must repeal it and we will repeal it. >> he is a tiny little elf with ears. [ bell chimes ] >> you have all of those things with your fingertip. are you taking those in your box. >> all of those sounds from her box. >> just like jeff sessions makes cookies, i make those in my box. [ laughter ] >> this is a question we have been asking all morning -- [♪ "world news tonight" theme ♪] >> can mitt romney run for president without actually giving any specifics about everything. he is conservative -- bill crystal who, jim is frequently -- >> wrong about anything ever. >> ever. >> he is the right kind of wrong
8:33 am
or the wrong kind of right. >> no, the wrong kind. he doesn't give any specifics. he's just like oh it will be -- >> i'm going to make things better. >> right. >> the "wall street journal" said he is trying to play it safe to the white house by saying it is all president obama's fault. but he needs to say why his policies would make it better. all of his issues are designed to not be specific at any point. >> it's about puppies. >> and dressage horses. >> it's like if i was applying for a job at a fast-food restaurant, and i said i would like the job. because i will do a good job.
8:34 am
>> and i won't spit in the coffee much. [♪ magic wand ♪] >> his campaign is going to be the words from these are a few of my favorite things. >> puppies kittens. >> either way am i covered. >> untold truths, yes. >> unicorns farting glitter. [ farting sounds ] >> where is that coming from? >> from her box. >> oh, i sorry, it wasn't. what does that mean. >> there's a word for that. [ laughter ] >> but i don't say it. please don't! >> is there even a bleepable word? >> i don't think you are allowed to say it on the air. [ laughter ] >> dana in maryland. >> hi, michael, hi everybody.
8:35 am
how are you? >> good. >> how was vacation? >> fabulous. >> everybody had a good time. michael is indeed dreamy and hilarious. >> i wish you ran a studio. >> he is adorable. i miss mad tv. it's hilarious. i saw barney frank this morning on the bill press show, and bill brought up something jan brewer said about not extending health care for gay couples, what have you. >> right. >> and he said -- and this is a brilliant guy, i feel, and he just said, well she's just mean. and it's very simple to say that, but there are some women out there that are mean. >> yeah. >> i saw bay buchanan last night with just a knot in her shorts just going crazy, because they didn't do anything else but get pissed. >> dana i hosted equal time with
8:36 am
bay buchanan for a year, and she started every sentence with i think you are wrong. i used to do a little skit which really don't fit on a cnbc show -- >> no. >> it was like a mad tv skit. the camera would cut back to bay, and she just looked like she sat on the cactus. >> actually there is nothing funnier to me than bombing. >> i had an audience of one. >> just have somebody not appreciate you, and it is sometimes a very delightful thing. >> bay has no sense of humor too. >> we used to do a lot of green screen so it would be like me next to monica trying too get president clinton's at attention. [ bell chimes ]
8:37 am
[ applause ] >> oh, bay just laughed and laughed. >> some people are different on camera versus their real life. a lot of people say howe howe is a warm puppy dog off camera. was she that way off camera too? >> yes. although we just saw her and she couldn't have been nicer to me. >> and he had her on this show, and she was very nice. [♪ magic wand ♪] >> sometimes the years just -- >> she has had almost as many procedures as stephanie. >> what? [ buzzer ] >> it is true. >> tom cruise and katie holmes have already settled their divorce! what could that be about? some sort of embarrassing information -- >> they have agreed to not talk
8:38 am
about religion and probably some other things. >> isn't that the way to do it. >> the way katie brought this up, it seemed like there was going to be a huge court fight. >> yes. lawyers for both sides were in a marathon negotiation what began as a divorce rose. >> whatever. >> war of the tom cat or something that michael mcdonald could direct. tom gets meaningful contact with suri. >> maybe mitt romney will be able to parse that out. it's vague -- it sounds good. >> yeah. >> he did not ask about tom cat, nicole kidman. [ bell chimes ] [ applause ] >> did she just dive into a hole like whenever that subject comes up? >> i would. >> i almost feel like the tom kat thing is like russia and the
8:39 am
u.s. in the 50s. it's like we can blow each other to smitherines or walk away. >> i used to do bits about tom and katie, and they always ended with katie going help me. >> yeah, and somebody finally answered her call. there are lots of similarities between the tom cruise katie holmes divorce, and the nicole kidman divorce. but nicole kidman does not want to be dragged into this. [ bell chimes ] [ applause ] >> she has keith urban. >> which is an ironic nine for a
8:40 am
country star. >> i had to watch his mouth make the words, because i didn't understand it. and that's what you are doing. >> that's right. [ laughter ] >> 45 minutes after the hour. back with the remaining segment with michael mcdonald, comedic superstar as we continue on the "stephanie miller show." >> announcer: eke, i just spewed on my dashboard again. it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪ >>liberal and proud of it.
8:41 am
8:42 am
of sununu, you're wrong. mitt romney, you're wrong. we need more teachers, not fewer teachers and more cops and more firefighters that support our
8:43 am
8:44 am
the real world and politics collide on "the gavin newsom show". this week: can a futurist really predict the future? find out on "the gavin newsom show". only on current tv. ♪ ♪ yeah ♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ is never bad ♪ >> yeah. yeah. bringing the funk here we go. 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. comedian extrordanaire michael mcdonald.
8:45 am
we were really getting -- we were off on our whole mission impossible theme on how to katie escape. she had to drop down like on a string -- she probably used techniques that tom cruise used in mission impossible to get out of there. >> she had her own movie. >> and she was probably thinking at the last second she was going to get hit by the tranquilizer dart in the back of the head -- >> but i made it. >> good for her. >> and they have settled rather abruptly. interesting. >> all interesting. >> and she gets custody of suri but he gets meaningful contact -- >> yes. [ mocking laughter ] >> those restrictions get lessened as she gets older. >> okay. >> how do you know that? >> um -- >> was that in the press? >> in the press. in hollywood we are just all
8:46 am
gossipy. speaking of hollywood, i don't think i have ever asked you this, but how did you come up with stewart in the character from mad tv? >> little dark corners of the past. >> ahhhhh. >> no, it was kind of -- definitely the mom -- stewart and his mom is based on the relationship i have with my mom. my mom doesn't see any similarity, but there absolutely is. and i caught kindergarten for a year. >> wow. >> i would never ask you to pretend you are afraid of the microphone like you are stewart. >> oooooooooh. [ laughter ] >> i had some wine last night. [ laughter ] >> kids in junior high school talked like that because he was afraid of his voice changing but he would laugh like this. hah, hah, hah! >> that is the michael mcdonald
8:47 am
character. >> yeah, he was doing you -- >> what was behind that? >> i don't know. i didn't know what his thing was. >> he had a hangup of some sort. >> you know when you start getting hair in certain places -- >> it's awkward. >> now that we have michael mcdonald -- [♪ "world news tonight" theme ♪] >> i love our fun-fact stories like they could become a skit. >> okay. >> groundhog day or woodchucks suspected of stealing cemetery flags. whatever movie this is bill murray is in it. who would steal flags from civil war graves. authorities believe they found the culprit, woodchucks. >> how would flags would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck flags. >> that's must be southerners. >> yeah, they will probably
8:48 am
having little civil war reenactments. >> sergeant woodchuck? what is it sergeant woodchuck? >> all right. could i have my indian music please -- >> indian indian, or american indian -- >> no you know what i mean. [ indian name ] >> any one of the keys press that -- >> i don't understand -- >> that's our little skit about me calling -- >> a man in india who complained about eye irritation got a big surprise a live five-inch winter storm found in his eye! >> oh! >> that's worse than poison oak in your eye -- >> five inch? >> in his eye. >> something went wrong with the
8:49 am
tequila that night? >> and can he see? >> yeah. >> it was just a worm in your eye? you are fine. >> yeah. let's go to business in l.a. hi, liz. >> yes, thank you for taking my call, everybody looks back on ronald reagan and says what a great president, great this great that. i was in california when he was governor. he closed many, many mental health hospitals. >> yeah. >> and those people >> that's how he got out. >> and those people were put out on the streets no help whatsoever. maybe people are alzheimer's and here he has nancy reagan to wipe the drool off of his mouth -- >> oh. i hung up on here because my mom is watching and i could
8:50 am
hear the oh dear. >> she was winding up for some major stuff. >> yeah. >> i think we had to cut her off. [ laughter ] >> before that major stuff happened. >> i would love to pick up the call now and she is still going -- and then the two of them with their -- [ laughter ] >> okay. >> the normal population exploded. >> but that is stephanie how you got out, right? >> yes, thank you. [ bell chimes ] [ applause ] >> some of us got radio shows and continue to sit in padded rooms talking to ourselves. >> you know this is not broadcasting. >> right? it's like king of comedy. >> sometimes i look back on my life and i think . . . >> okay. [ screaming ] [♪ "world news tonight" theme ♪] >> guess who has a right-wing mom? >> who? >> brad pitt.
8:51 am
>> jane pitt, wrote a letter to the springfield news leader who said any christian who does not vote or is casting to vote for barack hussein obama -- [ buzzer ] >> really? and his liberal who supports the killing of unborn babies and same-sex marriage -- >> she just loves brad's father-in-law. >> maybe there are separate rooms for thanksgiving. >> all right. john boy, and jane pitt -- >> you go to the crazy table. because they are obviously big liberals. >> uh-huh. >> just saying. okay. >> yeah. >> you know what though, she has been getting death threats. >> who? >> jane pitt. >> which is not good.
8:52 am
>> it's not? >> it's not. [ laughter ] >> see he can never be a politician. he has taken a firm stance. >> i meant death threats. >> anyone who gives anyone a death threat should be burned at the stake. >> i also could not be a politician because i have way too many skeletons in my closet. >> there is way too much tape for me. >> right. >> hopefully something from today. >> yes. clearly. because you are a bad influence. >> there were some bits from the '90s that -- >> let's not bring up jesus christ superstud. >> yes. >> michael mcdonald you have a lot of dates coming up -- >> thank you. >> i don't know what you demands
8:53 am
are, but madonna has a dna sterilization team cleaning up after her on stage -- >> why? >> i don't know. >> so the nazis can't clone her or something? >> a sterilization team to wipe away any dna that may have dropped. >> i am for that because at least she's leaving her hotel room clean. she is not trashing it -- she is not charlie sheen who only leaves dna -- >> how do we find out things about michael mcdonald? >> i'm on facebook and the twitter. >> and you see him live out here in california all month live. love you michael mcdonald. >> pleasure to be here. >> ummm. we'll see you tomorrow with h
8:54 am
8:55 am
8:56 am
8:57 am
8:58 am
8:59 am

548 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on