Skip to main content

tv   Liberally Stephanie Miller  Current  July 18, 2012 6:09am-9:00am PDT

6:09 am
6:10 am
6:11 am
6:12 am
6:13 am
6:14 am
6:15 am
6:16 am
6:17 am
6:18 am
6:19 am
6:20 am
6:21 am
media. >>overwhelming majority of the county says: "tax the rich don't go to war." [ music ] >> announcer: stephanie miller ♪ vogue, vogue, vogue ♪ ♪ stephanie stephanie stephanie ♪ ♪ grace kelly, picture of a beauty queen ♪ ♪ gene kelly fred astaire ♪ ♪ they had style, they had grace ♪ ♪ stephanie miller ♪ ♪ ladies with an at a tude, fellas that were in the mood ♪
6:22 am
♪ strike a pose, there's nothing to it ♪ >> stephanie: doing this to me. the male dancers. >> you were trying to vogue but you were covering your face which is the anti-theses of vogueing. >> stephanie: in this lighting. it is better for everyone. all right. 23 minutes after the hour. hump days with sexy liberal hal sparks. oh, did i get an e-mail. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] sexy liberal director said he was having a poop bag issue on the streets of new york this morning. >> i assume he's talking about his dog. >> i wouldn't assume that about new york. i wouldn't. >> stephanie: i can picture him. can't you? wrestle past isically with a poop -- past isically with a poop bag. sexy liberal next saturday is selling out quickly.
6:23 am
go get it. 1-800-steph-12 toll free from anywhere. chuck in shreveport, louisiana you're on "the stephanie miller show". >> caller: from louisiana. >> stephanie: my friend from college went to -- is from shreveport. do you know her? angela. >> caller: yeah. if she's a liberal. >> she's a cousin and an ex. >> caller: before anyone investigated his business practices, it was just he was a great businessman. when is someone going to investigate the olympics? i don't believe it. the man has never done anything great in his life. except tie a dog to the roof of his car. >> stephanie: outsource the uniforms to burma which is even worse. you're like all right. as we keep saying, he used government money. they call the president a
6:24 am
socialist again yesterday on his phone call. he used government money. >> he came crawling to the government asking for money. >> stephanie: and then oh my god, did you see what romney did yesterday? he twists obama's quote. he was talking about -- >> oh, yeah. >> stephanie: didn't you build the highways or bridges. he didn't say you didn't build your own business. they know this. >> it was such an obvious cut. there's one thing where you can go we narrowed it down to exactly his point. >> built it. >> america. >> stephanie: edited it with a meat ax. >> did you hear about the obamas kissing after they shared a socialist moment. they started making out just because they had probably just said something prosocialist. >> the obamas on the kiss cam at the basketball game. >> stephanie: they started making out? >> they just kissed. the point being is if they're going to cut what he said before, it was a socialist kiss. >> do they have to put on the
6:25 am
magic underwear? [ buzzer ] >> stephanie: penalty box for the remainder of this hour! >> we at the "the stephanie miller show" for hump days for hal, we have no evidence that mitt romney wears any underwear whatsoever. >> stephanie: he may go commando like mama does. unless he shows the tax returns we don't know. underwear write-off. >> or he was wearing underwear made in burma. >> stephanie: stephanie in illinois, you're on "the stephanie miller show." >> caller: hi, guys. >> stephanie: hi. >> caller: i got a bit of bad news. >> stephanie: oh. >> caller: for all of the fans of children -- there won't be a sequel number five because the corn is dead. >> from the drought. >> caller: farmers are turning over their fields. why doesn't anyone -- mitt romney said he saved companies with bain. every company he saved and he lost. they stole people's pensions. even some of the people
6:26 am
working -- they dropped their pensions to keep the company open. so how did -- how american is it to take a 52-year-old man take his money away and make him work until he dies. >> stephanie: romney said it again. the president hates success. it is like no! there are ways to do business to help everybody out and there are ways -- it seems that romney hates hard-working americans. he takes their pensions and keeps the money for himself. >> they're the little people. they don't need that money. >> stephanie: "the stephanie miller show" has no information that mitt romney hates hard-working americans. >> we have quite a bit of it, actually. >> stephanie: that by the way that amyreiates -- am he'lliates anything. >> i'm parodying what they said in the morning meeting about what our message would be. >> stephanie: that's the fox news tag line. >> it would be all be answered if he would release his tax returns. >> stephanie: we're just helping.
6:27 am
vince in ohio, you're on "the stephanie miller show." hi vince. >> caller: excuse me. you got me with a mouthful of -- waiting. and mimosas this morning. i'm feeling great. >> stephanie: party on. >> caller: i was just wondering i saw yesterday -- i forget the show but they were showing a clip of rush limbaugh, a video one actually which was disgusting -- but from what the romney campaign put out yesterday through john sununu, what he said on fox and what he said at the romney event, it was almost word for word what rush limbaugh was going off on saying that -- >> stephanie: that's right. he is head of the republican party. rush limbaugh says it today and there's john sununu and everybody else. he hates america. >> rush limbaugh cam that they have is an like an astronaut cam in a deep spaceship sent into mars with nothing but cheese as food. >> stephanie: 29 minutes after the hour. right back.
6:28 am
hump days with hal on "the stephanie miller show."
6:29 am
6:30 am
if you have copd like i do you know how hard it can be to breathe and what that feels like. copd includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema. spiriva helps control my copd symptoms by keeping my airways open a full 24 hours. plus, it reduces copd flare-ups.
6:31 am
spiriva is the only once-daily inhaled copd maintenance treatment that does both. and it's steroid-free. spiriva does not replace fast-acting inhalers for sudden symptoms. tell your doctor if you have kidney problems glaucoma, trouble urinating, or an enlarged prostate. these may worsen with spiriva. discuss all medicines you take, even eye drops. stop taking spiriva and seek immediate medical help if your breathing suddenly worsens your throat or tongue swells you get hives, vision changes or eye pain, or problems passing urine. other side effects include dry mouth and constipation. nothing can reverse copd. spiriva helps me breathe better. does breathing with copd weigh you down? ask your doctor if spiriva can help. >> romney you can take it. >> a new ad we will play for you when we come back here with lynn sweet, chicago sun times methderr
6:32 am
death shiner from row call and bill cress part full-court press. you are welcome to join our conversation at 866-55-press. we will be right back. >> this is the bill press show. [ ♪ music ♪ ] >> announcer: "the stephanie miller show." >> that's the smartest thing you ever said. >> what about thee years ago when i said there should be more tv shows about cake? >> stephanie: sure. fun food fact during the break. >> chimichanga was invented when a burrito was accidentally dropped in a deep fryer in phoenix, arizona. at macayo's. >> they actually have an open deep fryer in the break room.
6:33 am
it is to fight off the hoards coming to kfi here. afraid of screaming hoards so they have pots of oil. >> stephanie: here is a bill handle fun fact. he is coming to sexy liberal next saturday night. with his sensei who is a huge fan of ours. >> look at that! >> who would have thought that bill handel would have had a sensei. >> my sensei loves you. >> i suck at it. >> i don't know what i'm doing. >> stephanie: keep trying. 1-800-steph-12 the phone number. >> i would go to that class just to watch. >> no, no. i could start as a white belt on another art. that's fine. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: greg in illinois, you're on "the stephanie miller show." >> caller: how you doing? three quick things. first and foremost, wanted to say regarding rush limbaugh. i think he should make his theme song "because i got high high"
6:34 am
is appropriate for him. what i wanted to talk about was regarding mitt romney and releasing of his tax forms. whenever bain purchased a business, wouldn't they look at a company's balance sheet looking at the tax returns, a number of years out to make sure that things were apropos before they went ahead and purchased the business? wouldn't it be the same thing about him releasing his tax forms? >> that's a decision -- well, you would think they would. here's the problem -- >> stephanie: i'm sitting in clear channel where they piled a lot of debt on us, outsourced a lot of jobs, a lot of our friends, bye-bye. i do know what i'm talking about. >> anywhere in the country, go to a clear channel station there are so many empty cubicle where is this company used to have at least a dozen more workers per floor. >> stephanie: oh no. everyone here is jamaican now and they have seven jobs. going to run six companies. would that be okay? for the same salary you were making just doing the first job.
6:35 am
>> by the way whether they looked at the companies and their tax returns and whether they were viable or not no! >> stephanie: may i just -- [ ♪ battle hymn of republic ♪ ] a lot of the clear channel companies are kicking ass and they're doing it with no money no budget, no promotion staff exactly. thank you. [ applause ] >> ryan seacrest. >> okay so here's an example. "new york post" has this story about what bain did for a living and what bain does for a living. in all of the stuff back and forth about romney about whether he was around when a lot of the layoffs and offshoring started happening, the outsourcing after 1999. guess what! the methodology of bain has been in place for a long time. the obama administration is hitting them on this stuff whether he left in 2002, that's just wave one because the other stuff points to 1998 they put $5 million down to buy stage stores. they took it public, collected
6:36 am
$100 million. >> stephanie: everything newt gingrich said about kay bee toys was correct. [ ♪ battle hymn of republic ♪ ] our clear channel station in los angeles, our flagship ktla, you see me running out of here? it is because our sales staff kicks ass and i'm running over there to do local spots and we're beating the heritage talk station here in town with -- [ applause ] >> the one you used to be on? >> stephanie: yes. everyone used to be on that one. >> i know. >> stephanie: danette in georgia, you're on "the stephanie miller show." hi danette. >> caller: hey stephanie. i was cracking up this morning when hal sparks, his brain just melted down because he is overwhelmed with stupidity. >> stephanie: would you like some more john sununu fun facts. he was born in cuba. >> havana, cuba. >> stephanie: he's a
6:37 am
palestinian. >> a cuban-born palestinian. >> caller: he was born in cuba but he was kicked out of the bush administration because he was an idiot. >> he was using a whole bunch of perks he wasn't supposed to be using. >> caller: exactly. i just bought a house. helped the american economy in the month of may uptick in housing sales. >> stephanie: that's you. >> caller: we had to show our tax returns three years of tax returns at least and every month we have to go and show my pay stubs and my bank statements. >> stephanie: that means -- >> caller: i was just buying a house. i'm more qualified to be president of the united states than mitt romney. >> stephanie: i was going to say you are at least 2/3 more qualified than romney. >> a, that's true and b that's sad. >> caller: it is very sad. very, very sad. >> for him not you. >> stephanie: i'm sorry in case you were talking over each other, the fun facts? >> sununu is half castro and half arafat. >> stephanie: lecturing the president on how to be more american. >> mitt romney, one of his closest advisers is a
6:38 am
palestinian so why does he hate israel so much that he has a palestinian advising him on foreign policy? why? >> stephanie: i hear his sheldon adelson back phone ringing. sheldon adelson phone in his pants 24/7. [phone ringing] >> sorry that's my pants again. >> stephanie: your boss, sheldon adelson is calling. >> stephanie: yes, sir mr. adelson. [mumbling] >> yes sir mr. adelson. yes, he is a palestinian. >> stephanie: you think about it, he is mitt romney's mr. spacely! >> romney! [ laughter ] >> you're fired! >> stephanie: by the way i'll get to this story but sheldon
6:39 am
adelson -- [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] >> he likes playing with the mob allegedly. >> stephanie: this is the egroggous thing about citizens united. people with that kind of money they can buy candidates and elections for their own interest no matter what they are. rand, he would like that. he's saying i served in the american army unfortunately. i wish it were the israeli army. >> wow. >> unfortunately. >> stephanie: if somebody on obama's team had said that, can you imagine? >> get out then. >> stephanie: he's also under investigation as chris implied. that's the other thing. this could be all about him losing his gambling license in nevada. sheldon adelson's interest becomes -- >> sheldon. >> stephanie: a guy named sheldon and a guy named grover are in charge of the republican party. >> muppets. >> weird version of near and far. near and far right. >> far right.
6:40 am
[ laughter ] >> far right! >> stephanie: mary in l.a. hi you're on "the stephanie miller show." >> caller: hi, stephanie. >> stephanie: hello. >> caller: listen, about the tax returns... everyone seems to be assuming that romney is scared of what the american voter will find. i think he might be equally scared if not more so of what salt lake city will find. >> stephanie: what? what are you implying? [ ♪ dramatic ♪ ] >> caller: he's given a lot of money to the mormon church. no doubt about that. but he's given his 10% tithe? and is some of this offshoring tithe avoidance not tax avoidance? >> stephanie: my, my my, aren't you a little troublemaker? >> my first blush answer is no. i think he actually gives more than his dad did. i think like 19% at some point
6:41 am
and his dad had a higher tax rate than mitt did. so mitt could give less money and it would cost him even less. >> stephanie: look what i found. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] it is a story. they did business with the chinese mob. >> what? >> huh? >> so he's mo green. i'm not suggesting -- >> stephanie: he doesn't wear glasses. you are just trouble this morning. you're not allowed to hang around with hal sparks anymore! latest woes stem from business practices surrounding his lucrative casino -- am i going to say this wrong? ma could you. macao, the chinese city with legalized gambling. a new in-depth investigation pbs did this on illegal business dealings by adelson's las vegas sands company in china while focusing on the possibility that he made a $700,000 payment.
6:42 am
pbs released documents that bolstered accusations of business ties between adelson and shops. here is the rest of the fun fact. because nevada gambling authorities forbid doing business with organized crime sands gambling license could hang in the balance. >> really? there goes the venetian. >> stephanie: adelson helped derail house republican measure opposing beijing's olympic bid due to human rights issues but it will never see the light of day. reportedly told beijing's mayor after phoning then majority whip tom delay sands received the lucrative casino license from china. this is what citizens united -- whatever sheldon adelson's business interests are -- >> i think sheldon may have to open a casino in tel aviv. >> here is the other issue too. we're assuming sheldon adelson is writing checks based on his own worth and not just gathering foreign money and being the
6:43 am
conduit. because that's the other problem with citizens united that i don't understand why. >> stephanie: even john mccain said this is exactly -- this is how foreign money is in a back doorway coming into american elections. >> because you don't have -- the disclosure -- >> stephanie: why won't they learn to be more american? that romney campaign? >> 98-year-old grandma in wisconsin has to show i.d. to vote but you don't have to show identification at all to donate millions of dollars to an american candidate? i don't get it. >> where are the donation i.d. laws? >> i'll tell you where it was. it was filibustered in the disclose act. filibustered by the republicans. >> senator merkley told us about it. of course the republicans don't want it. 45 minutes after the hour. we're in all sorts of trouble and we're only 45 minutes in. right back on "the stephanie miller show." >> announcer: welcome to the party barn. may we take your order? it is "the stephanie miller show."
6:44 am
that redefined tv journalism. >>we're going to places where few others are going. >>it doesn't get anymore real than this. >>occupy! >>we will have class warfare. >>i'm being violated by the health-care system. >>we're patrolling the area looking for guns, drugs, bodies.
6:45 am
6:46 am
hey joe? yeah? is this a bad time? no, i can talk. great -- it's the 9th inning and your hair still looks amazing. well, it starts with a healthy scalp. that's why i use head and shoulders for men. they're four shampoos for game-winning scalp protection and great looking hair... go on, please. with seven benefits in every bottle, head and shoulders for men washes out flakes, itch and dryness. and washes in... confidence. yeah it does. [ male announcer ] up to 100% flake free scalp and hair with head & shoulders for men. so... [ gasps ] these are sandra's "homemade" yummy, scrumptious bars. hmm? maybe. rich chocolate chips... i just wanted you to eat more fiber. chewy, oatie, gooeyness... and, and...and then the awards started coming in, and i became addicted to the fame. topped with chocolaty drizzle... and fraudulence. i'm in deep, babe. you certainly are.
6:47 am
[ male announcer ] fiber one. fiber beyond recognition. we know that back to school time means back to school germs. that's why lysol partners with schools all across the country providing resources designed to help teach healthy habits. so make sure you add lysol no touch hand soap and lysol wipes to your "back to school" list. that way, the healthy habits they learn in school will reinforce the good habits you've already taught them at home. to learn more, visit lysol.com/schools. lysol. mission for health. >>you couldn't say it any more powerfully than that. >>it really is incredible.
6:48 am
[ ♪ music ♪ ] [ ♪ music ♪ ] ♪ dig if you will the picture ♪ ♪ you and i engage -- stephanie miller ♪ in a kiss ♪ ♪ the sweat of the body covers me ♪ ♪ can you my darlin' can you picture this ♪ >> my favorite part of the song. he did multiple takes of that. >> stephanie: really? >> really. >> wait, can i get one more?
6:49 am
[farting sounds] >> stephanie: one more time, prince? i'm sorry. [grumbling noise] >> that's what happens when animals strike curious poses. >> they feel the heat. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] >> stephanie: this is right out of blazing saddles. members of joe arpaio's volunteer posse says the president's birth certificate is definitely fraudulent. okay. >> they held a press conference last night. >> stephanie: he and his volunteer posse. >> wasted taxpayer money on that. >> stephanie: orly taitz is back in love with joe arpaio. >> isn't he supposed to be busy arresting 6-year-olds? >> there are a whole bunch of sex crimes that haven't been investigated because he's been busy investigating this thing in hawaii. >> let's be honest, the sex
6:50 am
crimes have happened to women who clearly should have taken better care of themselves. >> shouldn't have been dressed in shorts. >> stephanie: watch the posse's press conference. how is that? >> i'm sure sheriff joe put women in two categories. >> he wants you to call him that. >> sheriff arpaio. sheriff joe r pie hole, i'm sure you put any assault victim into two categories. one, they had it coming because their fault for being hot and die believe you because you're not attractive enough to be sexually assaulted. case closed. that solves it for him. >> stephanie: like the republican woman. who was it? down in florida. got accused of having an affair with a female aide. she said lesbians don't look like me. >> that settles it. >> i can't be a lesbian. >> no, they've got a look. >> i'm not wearing a badge.
6:51 am
you see a pink flamingo? >> stephanie: richard from texas, doing a hernia test. how are you? >> caller: greetings from the libertarian paradox of texas. >> stephanie: hello. >> caller: what i would like to talk about today does anyone remember in '98, there was a huge scandal with the salt lake city olympic organizers about olympic -- international olympic committee members children getting free college tuition. >> oh! >> caller: does anyone remember that? >> there were a whole bunch of things wrong with the salt lake city -- [ ♪ dramatic ♪ ] >> that scandal was one of the things that mitt romney claimed he came in came in and cleaned up. everybody said he did a good job doing it. he didn't do a spectacular job. they needed to raise $1.45 billion to do the olympics. at the point where he came in, they had already three years before the olympics actually kicked in, had a billion dollars in the coffers. they were going to meet their
6:52 am
match point. they were going to have all of the funds. there was not a point where they're like he came in and taught everybody how to dance like he was bill murray in "stripes" like one more time just like last night only better. he came in did a relatively like okay, where were we? kind of a job. and it ended up happening. >> his big thing was he got his money from the federal government. >> that's how he passed the hole. that -- like half a billion dollars, $450 million that he picked up in the slack. >> stephanie: bill in arlington, texas. >> caller: hello stephanie. >> stephanie: hello. >> caller: there is a nasty rumor going around that mitt romney for multiple years hasn't paid any taxes at all. >> stephanie: yes. >> that is a rumor that is easily dispelled. all he has to do -- >> stephanie: we are helpers. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] >> we don't want rumors to float around. >> stephanie: we would break the news here on "the stephanie miller show." we'll pick through those with
6:53 am
our grubby little commoner hands and we'll absolve you of that. >> we're trying to be helpful in letting him know his palestinian/cuban advisor may be -- >> stephanie: john sununu -- >> may be whispering anti-israel things into his ear. >> stephanie: even his name founds like a foreign car. you drive a sununu. it is not from detroit. >> stephanie: matt in sacramento. >> a brand new sununu. >> caller: good morning, steph. i wanted to piggyback on what hal was talking about earlier with mitt and his money in the blind trust. i saw yesterday on another program where he was quoted in 1984 in a nice videotape of him saying that blind trusts are a ruse. you get to tell them how to -- the rules to set for them. >> you're absolutely right. that was when he was going up against ted kennedy and he was
6:54 am
saying that -- because ted kennedy had some of his investments in the blind trust and mitt romney hit him on those investments saying everyone knows that's just a dodge. you can fix a blind trust. >> stephanie: what? that was then, this is now? did he change his mind on something? >> no! i did not say that. i allowed for the inference thereof. >> stephanie: elaine in nebraska. hi elaine. >> caller: hi. first-time caller. love you guys. >> stephanie: thank you. >> caller: wanted to check and see if you heard that republican strategist on another station that should be nameless yesterday that said that they were talking about voter turnout and they were talking about when the youth turn out in the fall, the young ones that -- as smart as the older ones. the youth won't be as smart as the older ones. and the older ones will be without jobs so they won't have much of a turnout.
6:55 am
it was a real crack toward -- >> stephanie: it is the same thing the woman -- what was it? gold-plated range rover or something said at the romney fund-raiser in the hamptons. the young people don't understand. they don't get it. they don't get it. >> everyone i speak to that isn't exactly like me is stupid. >> stephanie: jim, you said it yesterday. really this election has turned into "the help." we are the help. everybody else is the help compared to romney. you're not entitled to anything. >> romney, stay away from the blueberry pie! because them ain't blueberries. >> stephanie: it is not blueberries. someone's going to force mitt to eat the pie. mary ann in pennsylvania, you're on "the stephanie miller show." >> caller: hi, i'm a first-time caller too. i didn't realize you were on. i was going through the channels and found you. luckily. >> stephanie: thank you! >> caller: i am really, really
6:56 am
upset in the sense that i don't know what the hell a conservative is and i don't know what a liberal is anymore. because when i started in the party -- >> stephanie: which party? >> caller: republican. the reason -- well my family was republican. so it was like whatever -- >> stephanie: been there done that. >> caller: you were thrown into the mix. when eisenhower in his second term, that's when i started. >> it is a different crowd now. >> caller: well, it's not only a different crowd. i've been trying to figure out what they're doing today what they couldn't do that time. and the only thing i can see is that we have to get rid of everybody in congress and start anew. >> stephanie: not a bad idea. >> there are some good folks in
6:57 am
there. >> stephanie: right back with more hump days with hal on "the stephanie miller show." right back with the former and future alan grayson on "the stephanie miller show." [ ♪ music ♪ ] [ ♪ theme ♪ ] >> stephanie: hello current tv viewers. now it is time for cat talk with jacki schechner. [ laughter ] chris and jim cat owners. jacki schechner has given her cat what every cat truly desires. their own apartment. she's in the process of moving from miami and so your cat has its own apartment now. >> she is alone in my new apartment with nothing but three toys and a cat bed. >> stephanie: having kitty
6:58 am
porn parties, you don't know. >> so afraid to go over there. >> stephanie: it will be like aerosmith. seriously. your deposit is already gone. >> she's trashed that place. >> threw the couch out the window into the pool. >> absolutely. >> that's how a steve martin bit gets written. >> thanks for perpetuating the rumor of my being a single lady with a cat. >> stephanie: you know what? if you would just release your tax returns, we can put all of these rumors to rest. [ laughter ] your cat returns. here she is, single old cat lady jacki schechner. >> in my sweater and housecoat. tax returns? hey, did you know my dad was born in mexico. mitt romney campaign is out with a new spanish language ad today distraction, anyone? it is called nation of immigrants the ad features his son, craig who is fluent in spanish pointing out his grandfather was born in mexico and saying his father will work on a permanent solution to the
6:59 am
immigration system. very strange considering that romney spent much of the primary touting his hard-line stance and rejecting the dream act. recently romney has avoided offering any specific proposals on the issue whatsoever. the president still holds a considerable lead among hispanic voters up 67% to 26%. senate democrats are holding tough on letting the bush tax cuts expire for the rich. they've got a plan which means letting the tax cuts expire for everybody and then after the first of the year, then voting on a -- another tax cut just for the middle class. almost every republican in congress has said that they would never vote for a tax increase. but if taxes go up automatically on january 1st then any move to put some of the cuts back into place wouldn't unbe a tax increase but a tax break. something republicans could get behind. not that they would but they could support it. >> yesterday we reported the rny has no idea what to do with rick scott during the convention in tampa but they may have just the
7:00 am
spot for chris christie. the "new york post" reporting today that christie is likely to be the guy to give the keynote speech on august 28th. we talk about him a lot as a possible v.p. pick but "the new york times" says he may be too risky for romney. back after the break. stay with us. every day, an average of 5,000 people switch from cascade to finish dishwasher detergent. that's about 150,000 a month, over 2 million people so far. with finish quantum you get incredibly clean sparkling dishes without having to rinse them first. now see for yourself why millions have switched to finish. join the finish revolution. and now you can try finish quantum for free. visit us on facebook.
7:01 am
[ man ] ever year, sophia and i use the points we earn with our citi thankyou card for a relaxing vacation. ♪ ♪ sometimes, we go for a ride in the park. maybe do a little sightseeing. or, get some fresh air. but this summer, we used our thankyou points to just hang out with a few friends in london. [ male announcer ] the citi thankyou visa card. redeem the points you've earned to travel with no restrictions. rewarding you, every step of the way.
7:02 am
there she is ! hey, i got a leak ! yoo hoo ! wait a minute, come back ! um, miss ? up here! right. like 85% of us you have hard water stains and that cleaner's not gonna cut it. truth is, you need something powerful. you need lime-a-way. it's 4 times more effective at removing limescale than the leading bathroom cleaner. because lime-a-way is specially formulated to conquer hard water stains. for lime, calcium and rust... lime-a-way is a must.
7:03 am
>>(narrator) bill press is on current tv. >>liberal and proud of it. >>(narrator) unafraid, outspoken, and above all politically direct. >>we'll do our best to carry the flag from 6 to 9 every morning. [ ♪ theme music ♪ ] >> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's "the stephanie miller show" show. ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ and it's time to feel good ♪ ♪ hey, all right now ♪ ♪ time to feel good ♪ >> stephanie: of course it is! it is hump day with hal sparks. sexy liberal himself. >> awesome. >> pretty cool. >> stephanie: sexy liberal web
7:04 am
site. oh, we can have some exciting news on -- some tickets available for next big celebrity tickets available for next saturday's show at the pantages. >> oh! celebrity tickets? >> stephanie: long story. >> additions. >> stephanie: two giant celebrities on panel. celebrity surprises on the panel. >> can we say who they are? >> stephanie: no. because celebrities are skittish. they're very skittish. >> like poodles on linoleum. >> yeah or bambi on ice. and i mean the actual frozen water not crystal. >> stephanie: important not to scare them away. also a giant celebrity was supposed to go to sexy liberal and can't so we're going to auction off -- >> their tickets. >> stephanie: tickets for charity. >> we're not talking about bill handel's sensei who will be there. >> stephanie: that's right. >> i think there will be quite a few celebrities scattered around the audience. >> stephanie: it is all the rage and the tickets are almost gone.
7:05 am
i would go. >> announcer: in a world where everyone is going gaga for sexy liberal laughs, one tour is crossing the nation to bring intelligent, progressive comedy to you. nominated for four touring awards including best tour, best new tour and best new comedy performer, the stephanie miller sexy liberal comedy tour is returning to los angeles. on saturday, july 28th, stephanie miller and her band of sexy liberal players will perform live at the pantages theatre in hollywood california. tickets are available online at ticketmaster.com. at all ticketmaster retail outlets. a portion of the proceeds from the evening's events will be donated to the trevor project. >> be swift and get your tickets now! that's the stephanie miller sexy liberal comedy tour. don't miss your chance to experience liberal comedy history in the making.
7:06 am
[ applause ] >> stephanie: also, we're going have a big announcement this week. i think friday. in the meantime, hal sparks, you can see him this friday and saturday at helium in portland, oregon. i mean that's the only thing to do in the whole state. >> oh, that is not -- you can drink a lot of beer. >> stephanie: and see hal sparks. why not do both. >> you can have your pickup break down on an old country road and knock on a trailer door that might be a meth lab. that's possible as well. >> stephanie: the v.p. speculation with romney is that -- [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] we think he will add the sizzle of the people. tim pawlenty. because he's another boring white weenie scared of mitt romney. i would say michael mcdonald is in here. he acted like stewart in. i think the comment pawlenty wouldn't repeat in front of romney was obamney care.
7:07 am
moderator said would you like to repeat it? and he sent no. >> i'm scared of mitt. >> stephanie: that's what he wants in a vice president. jim sent me a picture of the bridge going down in minneapolis should be played over and over with the caption that it happened because pawlenty wouldn't spent the equivalent to repair it and despite that miserly decision, he still left the state in massive debt. jean in minneapolis. thank you. [ applause ] it is worth it. >> there may still be a possibility they will try to find somebody who actually has worse taxes and scandal in their background. >> stephanie: compared to him. >> like hey! i'm not this guy. so he could have a guy standing next to him at all times saying look i may have some tax issues but hey! >> stephanie: steve schmidt did you see john mccain's campaign manager. he said we just thought it is
7:08 am
not -- necessarily that he did anything illegal. he would have a hard time connectinging with the average person? he said he didn't personally see romney's tax returns. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] mittens out yesterday saying obama is attacking success. >> yeah, that's what he's doing. that's why businesses are sitting on top of $2 trillion of -- >> stephanie: let's see. the president on the campaign trail -- >> there's some things we do better together. >> stephanie: thank you. >> obama: we rise or fall as one nation. that's what i believe. [ applause ] that's what our history tells us. >> stephanie: romney said our economy is driven by free people pursuing their ideas and dreams. the president doesn't want that. he wants to bring slavery back. >> free of highways and free of police officers, free of firemen. >> stephanie: it is not driven by government and what the president is doing is crushing economic freedom. romney made heavy use of an out
7:09 am
of context quote to make his point. his campaign cherry picked a sentence from a friday speech in which obama praised public investments and roads bridges and infrastructure. >> and the internet. >> all necessary for ecommerce. >> if you have a business, he didn't build that. he was referring to the bridges and the roads. >> they cut out the part where he was talking about the bridges and roads. >> stephanie: that in question led to government-led projects like the internet or highway system that businesses benefit from. he suggested they didn't deserve credit for their own companies. romney. >> romney: he said this. if you've got a business, you didn't build that. somebody else made that happen. [crowd booing] >> romney: it is not just foolishness, it is insulting to every entrepreneur and every innovator in america. >> stephanie: it is also a big, fat lie. >> he's right. that would be insulting to every entrepreneur. if anyone had actually said it.
7:10 am
but no one did. you know what's insulting to every entrepreneur in the country that they would be dumb enough not to check that kind of a quote. it just seems so -- >> oh! that's so true. i feel bad for our entrepreneurs. >> stephanie: spokeswoman for the obama camp said as president obama said the other day those who start businesses succeed because of their individual initiative drive and hard work and creative but there are critical actions we must take to support businesses and encourage new ones. that means we need the best infrastructure for businesses. >> again conservatives love america. >> stephanie: sources of clean energy. those are investments we make not as individuals but as americans and our nation benefits from them. apparently mitt romney disagrees. >> stephanie: this is what it is going to be and it is only july. look at the ad they did obama was quoting john mccain and they made it -- >> like it was coming from him. >> let's be really super clear. they run on this concept that somehow american bootstrapping
7:11 am
is what got america's industry started and really rolling in the '40s and '50s especially and that we came into -- it wasn't until the government and the e.p.a. and things like that started tamping it down that it slowed down. one of the reasons we had such a lead in worldwide manufacturing world war ii. we wiped out every country's manufacturing base through carpet bombing between us and the british and the russians, everything was decimated. even england's manufacturing base was wind out. by the time everybody had come out, america was the only one with standing factories capable of making boats and submarines and steel girders and quars and washing machines. you know why? because world war ii was a de facto albeit accidental act of corporate welfare. all competitions benefitted. all of their competition was wiped out. >> that's quite a point you
7:12 am
made. it irritates me. >> the interstate highway system -- >> stephanie: i made him in a laboratory several years ago! i invented him. >> he's a lab rat. >> i am! right. >> stephanie: dustin in asheville, north carolina. >> caller: hey. how are you doing today? >> stephanie: good. go ahead. >> caller: okay. i just want to talk about joe arpaio today. i mean isn't there better things to do in arizona besides looking up -- >> not in the summer. you kind of stay inside. >> caller: i mean isn't there any other crimes going on maybe? >> yeah but to fight those kind of crimes, you actually have to get in your vehicles, go around, investigate, talk to witnesses do the actual hard work of being a police officer. why do that when you can stay home and just surf drudge and world net daily. >> stephanie: in your underwear. >> in your underwear covered in cheeto dust.
7:13 am
[western music] >> this is clearly photo shopped. >> stephanie: i didn't know they still had posses, arpaio's posse. >> your state has six million people total and they don't want to fund any of the public infrastructure elements including police departments. and so you end up with these kind of deputizing acts. >> stephanie: he plans on using taxpayer money to do this -- to investigate the president's birth certificate. >> to the detriment of investigating other crimes. >> the private prison system is -- they are inventing new crimes to get new customers for the private prisons. >> stephanie: maurice in illinois you're on "the stephanie miller show." hi maurice. >> caller: good morning. >> stephanie: hi. go ahead. >> caller: just one question. is it just me or does anybody see the little racial undertone that the republican camp is putting into this --
7:14 am
>> stephanie: little? did you say little? that dog wisconsinle is so loud my ears are bleeding. >> cats can hear it. >> caller: i hear you because we've got a man who's been president for three plus years and you're still questioning whether or not he's american? >> yes. for two reasons. >> stephanie: it is all they've got. their running this again. by the way. all of the same stuff we heard that didn't work in 2008. >> but the two reasons they're doing this one is that it works driving out an element of the base. hyperracist, that 22% that they kind of rely on no matter what poll you look at. 22% think he's wrong bad evil. they're all driven by that. the other part is if they can delegitimize his presidency in their mind, they can undo everything he did legally. all of his laws therefore are fake. >> stephanie: it is a nightmare. we'll pretend the black guy was never -- >> they're trying to erase his presidency. >> stephanie: we'll all
7:15 am
collectively get out of the shower like bobby in texas. [ ♪ magic wand ♪ ] it is an unsolicited testimonial about the powers of carbonite. >> i'm not surprised. >> stephanie: took me awhile to get on board with carbonite the thought of losing everything was scary. sign up for a free two-week trial. i put stephanie in the box but i had trouble -- >> nobody puts stephanie in a box. >> stephanie: she did. carbonite verified an additional two months was being offered. i got my two month discount, they were helpful appreciative of gaining a new customer. the call center for carbonite right here in the u.s. of a.! thanks for recommending carbonite. lookiy there! do what deb did. type in stephanie. you get a free trial. that's right. plus a two months free with your subscription. that's carbonite.com and the offer code is stephanie. do it now before the inevitable
7:16 am
computer disaster. that's carbonite.com, offer code stephanie. right back. more hump days with hal on "the stephanie miller show." >> announcer: if you turn her on she'll turn you on. >> oh, god. >> announcer: it's "the stephanie miller show."
7:17 am
7:18 am
when a carpet is clean and fresh, it's irresistible. experience this in your home with resolve deep clean powder. its moist powder penetrates deep, removing three times more dirt than vacuuming alone while also neutralizing odors at their source. it's a clean you can see smell, and really enjoy. resolve deep clean powder. don't just vacuum clean, resolve clean. you've heard stephanie's views. >>no bs, authentic, the real
7:19 am
thing. >>now, let's hear yours at the only online forum with a direct line to stephanie miller. >>the only thing that can save america now: current television. >>join the debate now. ♪ freak out ♪ ♪ freak out ♪ ♪ oh, freak out ♪ ♪ freak out ♪ >> stephanie: it is "the stephanie miller show." welcome to it. 23 minutes after the hour. hump days with hal sparks. 1-800-steph-12 the phone number
7:20 am
toll free from anywhere. mittens on the campaign trail yesterday. >> the crony capitalism does not create jobs and it does not create jobs here. i believe in free people and free markets and i want government to get on investments. >> like the auto industry. you wanted them out of the -- he wants to get rid of all small business loans that are federally -- >> of course. the federal government should not pick winners and losers. this is a classic conservative ideal. >> stephanie: romney surrogate, wisconsin senator ron johnson said investing in green energy is turning america into the soviet union. [ scooby-doo's "huh?" ] [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] he compared the government's investment in solyndra to cuba during an appearance on cnn. >> there's about $35 billion of the energy loans that have been guaranteed to different companies. president obama simply doesn't understand it is the free enterprise system, the private
7:21 am
sector, the productivity sector, not the government sector that creates long-term self-sustaining jobs. all of his efforts are toward growing government and those are economic models that we know don't work. take a look at the soviet union, venezuela, an economic basket case. is anyone moving to the economic paradise of cuba. >> stephanie: i love this. she said you're surely not suggesting the idea of the concept behind solyndra is comparable to the soviet union and cuba, right? he said no, i'm suggesting because when you take taxpayer money like mitt romney did in massachusetts -- >> right. >> stephanie: that's a taxpayer at risk of blah, blah, blah. o'brien said didn't it work in massachusetts? isn't that what romney did in new hampshire? he's like listen -- at past is the past. >> the path we need to take is a free enterprise. romney has repeatedly repeated his claims that solyndra's
7:22 am
bankruptcy symbolized cronyism. it started under the bush administration. despite his own efforts to secure state loans for green developers that later went belly up. it is like healthcare. did he the same thing when he was governor. >> no mystery there whatsoever. again, he's running on this -- this freedom let business just -- it is the market that will fix itself. and this guy is being advised -- douglas who was part of the bush administration's economic team on talking about how romney's plan is better for the economy because they legitimately believe the only problem with the bush administration's economy was that it didn't get to continue for another 12 years where it would have shown us, it would have been like a rebirth of how we do business. it was just that it got cut off in the middle by obama coming in and going you know what? maybe people shouldn't be flushed down the toilet of
7:23 am
history because somebody else wants to try a failed economic plan. >> stephanie: buddy in columbus. >> caller: hey, mama. three things. number one for people who do not believe in global warming police come to the midwest right now. honest to pete! we had a storm here a little bit ago that was the equivalent of a hand hurricane. it knocked seven million people out of power. killed people. went from illinois to virginia to new jersey. and then we had ten days of 100 plus temperatures afterwards. we used to have 100 degrees once every couple of summers. the drought is totally in line with climate change. >> stephanie: i was just looking at pictures of the drought in the newspaper yesterday. miles of barren -- >> caller: one more thing totally different thing. mitt romney is in deep poop because in 2002, he filed forms with the securities exchange commission, the s.e.c. that said he was president and ceo of bain
7:24 am
capital. but in 2011 -- >> stephanie: and getting paid by the way. but doing nothing. >> caller: the federal election commission, he said he wasn't head of bain capital. they're mutually exclusive. >> stephanie: yep. where do you get that job where you can be head of the company and get paid a lot of money but you don't work there. >> rachel brought the point in talking to one of her interviews about this particular -- that filing. was that she said he made $100,000 for doing nothing. the filing actually says he made $100,000 plus in salary. >> anything above $100,000. technically -- >> yet another reason why he doesn't want to show his tax returns. the $100,000 plus might be in the millions. >> and it could be tax-free. >> stephanie: steve in connecticut. >> caller: how are you doing? >> stephanie: go ahead. >> caller: one of the issues i have, i understand negative ads work and they work really well.
7:25 am
unfortunately, we have a electorate that really wants help and there has been a lot accomplished by the current administration and their information is not getting out there. obama really needs to wrap some type of presentation around his accomplishments and then put it out there. combat all of the misinformation that these morons on the right are getting. >> stephanie: by the way i think we put it out there. look, chris, we posted this. obama's top 50 accomplishments. just 50. just store -- just for starters. >> you do that close to the election. this is the positive new cycle is you batter this guy until he's nothing then you show your big winning hand. you don't do it now. because then they'll cut it up. >> stephanie: yep. 29 minutes after the hour. back with more hump days with hal sparks on "the stephanie miller show." after the break.
7:26 am
29 minutes after the hour. "the stephanie miller show." >> this court has proven to be the knowing, delighted accomplice in the billionaires' purchase of our nation.
7:27 am
7:28 am
i can't stand these spots. those spots are actually leftover food and detergent residue that can redeposit on your dishware during the rinse cycle. gross. jet-dry rinse agent helps wash them away so the only thing left behind is the shine. jet-dry rinses away residues for a sparkling shine. if you have copd like i do you know how hard it can be to breathe and what that feels like. copd includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema. spiriva helps control my copd symptoms by keeping my airways open a full 24 hours. plus, it reduces copd flare-ups. spiriva is the only once-daily inhaled copd maintenance treatment that does both.
7:29 am
and it's steroid-free. spiriva does not replace fast-acting inhalers for sudden symptoms. tell your doctor if you have kidney problems glaucoma, trouble urinating, or an enlarged prostate. these may worsen with spiriva. discuss all medicines you take, even eye drops. stop taking spiriva and seek immediate medical help if your breathing suddenly worsens your throat or tongue swells you get hives, vision changes or eye pain, or problems passing urine. other side effects include dry mouth and constipation. nothing can reverse copd. spiriva helps me breathe better. does breathing with copd weigh you down? ask your doctor if spiriva can help. ♪ take just one more ♪ it's been dumbed down ♪ long before romney ♪ ever did ♪ >> thank you
7:30 am
. >> stephanie: 45 minutes after the hour. we'll be back as we close "the stephanie miller show." >> on "the stephanie miller show" in suburban america this ♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. >> stephanie miller. >> always remember, you're a whore. >> by the way during the break i think i solved the mystery of romney's i.r.a. the one that has $100 million in it. >> stephanie: i thought you meant a lot of his money was going to the irish republican -- is that not what you were saying? [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] all he has to do is release his tax returns if he's been secretly funding the i.r.a. >> he has an i.r.a. he would
7:31 am
have to live 17,000 years to raise the amount of money that's in it. it is like $100 million. >> stephanie: don't most of us have that. >> most of us can only put $6,000 a year tax-free and if you do at a higher yield, you can do $30,000. he's got $100 million in his. the question is everybody is scratching their head. the romney campaign when they ask about it -- >> i get the rich douche bag exemption. >> won't give any comment. but romney aide told the journal that it was accumulated through annual contributions rollovers of sums in other plans and successful investments. here's what i think that speaks to. they roll into this companies. they buy stock. he puts the stock from this company into his i.r.a. rolls that -- the funds from the i.r.a.s when the stock is worth very little. they saddle it with debt. raising the price of what -- their dividend from that. and then the company goes
7:32 am
bankrupt. and he keeps the money in his i.r.a. he goes in under the limit. >> sounds like the housing scam. >> exactly. it hatches once it's inside. it is like a scam. an amazing scam. >> stephanie: what movie am i thinking of that something hatches. >> alien? >> stephanie: right! maybe he has an i.r.a. that's hatching right now. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] >> stephanie: speaking of tax returns, time for another -- >> wheel of right wing hypocrites. >> stephanie: ed gillespie -- >> douche. >> stephanie: he's technically a romney surrogate. he's a romney spokesperson. >> still a douche. >> stephanie: his spokes douche -- >> romney has a sex surrogate? what? >> we have no information that proves that true or false. >> stephanie: he went on "meet the press" and he said this is the standard senator kerry adhered -- did david gregory say lies and liars that tell them? did he say that?
7:33 am
no. the democratic nominee. gillespie, who was the chairman of the republican national committee during the 2004 presidential election must know that kerry put in a total of 20 years of tax returns into the public domain by the time he ran for president. he released them every year. they know that. it was not the same standard two years. he had 20 years of tax returns out there. and throughout that campaign, he personally ed gillespie personally insisted kerry's wife teresa heinz kerry who filed separately from her husband publicize her tax information which is in direct conflict so even his wife had to release tax returns and she wasn't the candidate. so now he -- he's basically -- you know, okay. >> yeah. but that was the attack. this idea that -- >> stephanie: shouldn't dade gregory have that basic information when he sits on "meet the press" -- john kerry released two years. he doesn't have that to go oh, that's funny because you were the head of the rny and you
7:34 am
released 20 years. >> i might have that. >> sorry, if i don't feel like david gregory missed the boat on something as opposed to avoided the -- >> altogether. >> leave the boat there. >> stephanie: we'll have to let the swift do the boat. hi, phil from illinois. >> caller: hi, stephanie. how are you today? >> stephanie: good. >> caller: couple of issues, one is the tax documentation question which is a legitimate question but there should be a required date that any potential candidates running for president must meet that date as far as turning in any documentation. i mean barack obama got away with three years on his birth certificate issue. here we've got -- >> no, he didn't. that paperwork was all done when he was a state senator. showing it to you guys is not the same as -- all the government officials who needed to see it, including the people who gave him a driver's license
7:35 am
had seen it for years. this is not the same thing. >> caller: okay well but -- >> no, no. >> it is important. it is important because you were under the impression, somehow that nobody saw barack obama's long form birth certificate until he showed it. that's not the case at all. >> stephanie: hawaii said yes that's it. the birth certificate. >> all along, he's had a copy of his long form birth certificate the one that -- by the way, mitt romney also, when he said i'm going to show my birth certificate, gave the exact same thing. he gave a new print of a long form. it was a certificate of live birth. is what he gave. the same thing obama gave. by the way, barack obama has used that his entire life to get a driver's license, to become a state senator and then a u.s. senator. >> stephanie: rick%ry by the way who as we recall from the primaries hates mitt romney with
7:36 am
tension -- he said -- weighing in on whether romney should release more tax returns. all candidates should be as transparent as possible when it comes to tax returns and other aspects of their lives. he didn't specifically call on romney to release more tax returns but we know what he's talking about. >> stephanie: anyone running for office, backgrounds including tax returns have asked. they brought up, speaking of red herrings hal he thinks president obama should release his college and law school transcript and called it odd he hasn't done so. neither has romney. presidential candidates normally -- what does that have to do with anything? >> again, this is the delegitimizing of his entire presidency and the idea that he got in under false pretenses that he didn't earn the things he earned in his life because the problem -- >> stephanie: tax returns are released by every presidential candidate ever. generally the standard is 12
7:37 am
years. like mitt romney's father. it is not a standard practice that you have to release all of your school records. anyway. >> again, look at the line of attack that rush limbaugh is pushing, the idea that he -- all he did was smoke weed and show up at columbia and get a free grade. and the understated -- the subtext is because he's black. >> stephanie: you become the head of the harvard law regime. >> dude, we never had a black guy before. let's do that! >> stephanie: jean in minneapolis, you're on "the stephanie miller show." hi jean. >> caller: hi, steph. thanks for taking my call. i want to talk about the boy scouts and the connection back to romney. because yesterday the boy scouts announced they're going to continue do discriminate against gay men. romney is a homophobe and a hater. we know from the stories about him when he was in that prep school that he held that poor
7:38 am
kid down and cut his hair because he thought he was gay. and in utah, the mormon church owns the boy scouts. they don't just like meet in churches the mormons appoint who will be and who will not be scout leader. they have complete control over the scouts. they socialize people to be homophobes. there's all kinds of evidence that they do things like excommunicate people just for being gay even the catholic church doesn't do that. >> stephanie: yeah, i think the fairer thing to look at are his policies, in massachusetts were anti-gay. his policies as an adult are more relevant. >> and he's a bully. and he's a hater. and he -- >> stephanie: jean, somebody pointed out there he is campaigning, he's with dick cheney last week who just -- dick cheney was talking about how happy he is for his married
7:39 am
gay granddaughter and he's campaigning with a guy who would take his daughter's rights away. >> caller: same thing. same thing. >> stephanie: yep exactly. >> but they trade it for -- tell you what. you put a lid on that and i'll do any kind of crazy foreign policy nonsense you try to start under the bush administration, i'll continue that thread. >> stephanie: yeah, exactly. in his meeting with dick cheney, he said we talked about foreign policy matters. >> stephanie: when i was talking to you as often happens a pink lyric popped into my head. ♪ what kind of father would take his own daughter's rights away ♪ ♪ what kind of father might hate his own daughter if she were gay ♪ >> stephanie: thank you. ♪ what kind of father would shoot his friend in the face ♪ same guy! >> stephanie: more importantly, don't be fancy let's get dancy. brenda in california, you're on -- >> can't get dancy to that.
7:40 am
>> stephanie: i love pink is my point. >> caller: stephanie, i have a question to ask you and it is really bothering me. is it possible that the mitt romney campaign can doctor up tax returns and that is the reason why it is taking so long for him to present them so they can show something different than really actually what it is? >> they can't refile them essentially. they can't take -- the problem is they can't draft some up. different from the ones on file. >> stephanie: that's the problem, he can't flip-flop on most things. that's the problem with tax returns. he can't change it now. that's probably the problem. >> there's all kinds of their at thises and back stories and political gymnastics he can do. that paperwork was filed to, by the way benefit him from a tax point of view. he was paying between 13% to 15%
7:41 am
because most of his income comes from investment is what he's saying. well that's a shell game most of the time. >> stephanie: yep. angie in virginia beach you're on "the stephanie miller show." >> caller: hey steph. hi hal. hey, boo. have you guys ever -- have you seen that clip of -- what's his face the fat guy the drug addict, rush limbaugh where he's talking about how bain was created. oh, my gosh. >> the character was created in 1993. >> caller: i'm like i can't wait until some idiot right-winger decides to repeat that line since they take everything from him verbatim. >> it would take the same amount of time. >> i also make the case if obama is able to manipulate the space-time continuum that's enough reason for him to be president.
7:42 am
>> hello, i'm in. >> forward. >> you know his bad side. >> stephanie: forward and the space-time continuum. >> it can go back in time. >> stephanie: 45 minutes after the hour. right back on "the stephanie miller show." >> that happened and we all let it happen. >> announcer: it's "the stephanie miller show." at 7, viewpoint with eliot spitzer at 8, the war room with jennifer granholm at 9, the gavin newsom show fridays at 11. and there's only one place you'll find us: weeknights on current tv. we are the idea no one wants to hear until it grabs you and won't let go. we push, we prod until the truth reveals itself. we are fearless, independent trendsetters, problem solvers, and above all, we are politically direct. the young turks with cenk uygur at 7, viewpoint with eliot
7:43 am
[ man ] ever year, sophia and i use the points we earn with our citi thankyou card for a relaxing vacation. ♪ ♪ sometimes, we go for a ride in the park. maybe do a little sightseeing. or, get some fresh air. but this summer, we used our thankyou points to just hang out with a few friends in london. [ male announcer ] the citi thankyou visa card. redeem the points you've earned to travel with no restrictions. rewarding you, every step of the way.
7:44 am
lysol knows the soft places we love could be home to thousands of bacteria. so use lysol disinfectant spray on soft surfaces everyday when you're cleaning up to keep your home healthy. it kills 99.9% of bacteria won't stain, and leaves your soft surfaces with a light, fresh scent. lysol - the number one pediatrician recommended brand. lysol. mission for health.
7:45 am
but thanks to them... and her... and especially this guy, all those years were just a prologue to this. ♪ ♪ it's amazing how far you can go with a little help along the way. td ameritrade. proud sponsor of the 2012 u.s. olympic team.
7:46 am
[ ♪ music ♪ ] [ ♪ music ♪ ] >> announcer: stephanie miller >> it's hard to keep a good woman down. then again maybe that could be fun. >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ i want to have some fun ♪ ♪ move my body all night long ♪ ♪ >> stephanie: it is "the stephanie miller show." welcome to it.
7:47 am
50 minutes after the hour. gotta have some fun. it is a human funyun. hal sparks is here. >> that's how i like to think about it. >> funyuns -- >> they're tasty. >> they're a party for your mouth. which also makes -- >> stephanie: every mitt romney speech. >> romney: it is changing the nature of america. changing the nature of what democrats have fought for and what republicans have fought for. in the past, people of both parties understood that encouraging achievement encouraging success encouraging people to lift themselves as high as they can encouraging entrepreneurs, celebrating success instead of attacking it and denigrating makes america strong. that's the right course for this country. [ applause ] >> did you hear that? >> but you created jobs in foreign countries. >> stephanie: this is what palestinian cuban john sununu told you to say. very un-american barack obama.
7:48 am
>> attacking success and attacking me are the same thing. >> stephanie: the president wants everyone to be unsuccessful. that's exactly right. >> what he said before that quote that they cut up so -- >> stephanie: by the way mr. in touch with the average american mentioned this story yesterday. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] to an audience that paid up to $50,000 a ticket. romney pointed out the wait staff in the room saying they're not having a good year. he said the waiters and waitresses that come in and out of this room and offer us refreshments -- >> refreshments? >> stephanie: they're not having a good year. the people, the middle class are really struggling. first of all who calls dinner refreshments. the people serving the things here. >> the same guy who asked how his lemonade was in the parade route said lemon wet good. that was his response. lemon wet good. >> stephanie: by the way attention people that serve the
7:49 am
refreshments, here are fun facts for you. romney plans to increase the taxes for half of middle class families are children while his wealthy fund-raiser attendee who make a million dollars or more would get a tax cut of $150,000. he also flipped his position on raising the minimum wage. hey, you waitstaff serving the refreshments -- >> you're going to get even less money. >> who uses the word refreshments when referring to anything? >> i'll tell you, somebody who is usinged to sitting by a pool all the time. >> stephanie: he doesn't know what normal people eat. you people that eat refreshment type chocolaty goodness. >> it is a doughnut! what planet are you from? >> stephanie: i think mitt romney recently hatched in john hurt's stomach. mitt romney yesterday. >> romney: he's got no one new to blame. he's out of touch with what's happening in the country. that's why in november, we're going to put him out of office. >> out of touch, out of office. >> stephanie: okay. >> romney: the president is looking around for someone to
7:50 am
blame. and recently, i became the reason for all of our problems here. it was a surprise to my family and me. he's looking for someone out there. president obama attacks success and therefore under president obama, we have less success and i will change that. >> stephanie: cuban born palestinian john sununu who said the president needs to learn how to be more american, he explains that's not what he meant to say. >> what i thought i said but i guess i didn't say is the president has to learn the american formula for creating business. the american formula for creating business is not to have government create business. the american formula for creating business that i wish he would get comfortable with is to create a climate in which entrepreneurs can thrive. if i didn't give all of that detail i apologize. >> companies need to transport their goods across the country. to do that, you need an infrastructure. you need bridges that won't fall down tim pawlenty.
7:51 am
>> and roads that go across state lines. which can only be built by the federal government. >> and you also need ports which is how goods get out of this country into another country. those are also built by the federal government and -- >> stephanie: you do need ports. you know what you don't need are portmans. >> we need a president who understands the private sector creates jobs, not government. >> stephanie: there are both. talk about dividing people. since when do we hate cops and teachers and firefighters? we also need public employees! >> yes we do. >> when you're doing something illegal or you didn't do your homework. >> fix the roads. >> nothing else to do. >> stephanie: he doesn't need their help building the keystone pipeline. he's going to do it by himself. >> like john henry. >> stephanie: with his own -- >> mitt romney hands have never had a callous in their entire life. >> stephanie: joyce from
7:52 am
michigan you're on "the stephanie miller show." maybe it is in the am of manicures he's had that's in his tax return. >> unharassed by the handlebars of a jet ski. >> stephanie: maybe he's had nail wraps. >> caller: i doubt that. i'm not sure he knows what a woman is. i think his kids were hatched under a cabbage leaf. >> oh, my god, that's awesome! >> no evidence that mitt romney's family are cabbage patch dolls. >> stephanie: go ahead joyce. >> caller: the only thing that i can see that the republicans and the far right have against our president is the fact that he is a black man with authority and does not know his place. shame on him. >> stephanie: thank you. he is literally "the help" in mitt romney's eyes. i can't believe we caught that. it is extraordinarily foreign. they're running this whole campaign again. ooh, look, scary black man different, foreign kenyan, socialist.
7:53 am
>> stephanie: by the way, "the stephanie miller show" would like to apologize on behalf of joyce. we have no information that the romney kids were hatched under a cabbage patch. >> although -- >> or that they are transformers or hatched out of john hurt's stomach. >> gy with john hurt's stomach. >> it does look like the something from the island of dr. moreau. [ buzzer ] >> stephanie: here's the line. we tiptoed to the line. what does he do? >> he jumped right over it. >> stephanie: as far as i know i never let him out of the penalty box from last hour. >> he went into the colorado river below. >> stephanie: chris from buffalo. >> caller: hi, stephanie. how are you today? >> stephanie: good. go ahead. >> caller: i was wondering if he was worried about his tax returns of speculation on oil which drove it up to $150 a barrel or speculation on hedge
7:54 am
funds which all added to the cost of businesses into the average americans. >> stephanie: the point is that apparently what's actually in there must be worse than all of the speculation because he could put it all to rest. this is what happens. people wonder if it that's in there. if this is in there. >> i think he's right. there is no question even through this -- here's the thing. the only way he can pull back from that, once these come out, it will have stuff like we're talking about. the only place he can back up to is well, it is all in a blind trust. i don't control that. i file my taxes on these things. these are a blind trust. so every year you're finding out exactly what's in your blind trust and how you're making money off of it and then you're giving instructions to your blind trust. keep doing that. i'm making lots of money by jacking up the cost of oil. >> stephanie: 58 minutes after the hour. more hump days with hal on "the stephanie miller show."
7:55 am
[ ♪ theme music ♪ ] [ ♪ theme ♪ ] >> stephanie: yes hello current tv world in the stephanie miller news center, we've obtained tape of jacki schechner going to check on her cat yesterday. [meowing] >> here, kitty. >> let me clarify i have one cat! >> stephanie: sorry. >> when you say you have a cat people are like oh my god, you have a zillion cats. one cat! one!
7:56 am
>> stephanie: is the report also wrong that you fell and could not get help? >> help! help! >> stephanie: jacki schechner fell. >> the cat will eat you before calling for help. like a dog will dial 911. a cat will -- >> i feared that i will die and my cat will eat me. >> look inside your chest cavity. >> stephanie: i clearly will die alone and hal sparks will fill in for months before anyone realizes it. >> wasn't there a chick on this show? [ laughter ] >> stephanie: here is one cat lady, one cat everybody! jacki schechner in the current news center. >> getting aluminum iliated. good morning. a new cbs news "new york times" poll out today asked people how important the vice presidential pick was and most say it is important. 74% in fact. the poll also looked into how enthusiastic voters are about the election this time around.
7:57 am
republicans are 13 points more excited now than romney has clinched the nomination than back in march. as for independents, their enuse ax is up 7%. democrats a little less excited but 48% say they're just as enthusiastic now as they were in elections past. cbs says it is going to have more information on these poll results later tonight. speaking of cbs the obama campaign took part of mitt romney's june 13th interview with cbs to people on the street in wisconsin and had them read it verb it's um. here's part of romney's explanation as to why his s.e.c. filings don't match up with his claim that he left bain capital in 1999. >> i have no responsibility whatsoever after february of 1999. >> for the management or ownership, management rather of bain capital. [ laughter ] that sounds very suspicious. >> everybody in the video looks confused. washington state is about to become the first state to let you use facebook to sign up to
7:58 am
vote. it is a new app expected as early as next week. you can -- facebook will let you use your name and birth date. you will need a driver's license or state i.d. to continue the process online. back after the break. than this. >>occupy! >>the award winning series "vanguard" only on current tv.
7:59 am
the lysol no-touch kitchen system is the only all-in-one kitchen soap that cleans hands dishes, and surfaces. try it for yourself. lysol. mission for health.
8:00 am
8:01 am
what the current audience can expect from my show is the unexpected. >>stephanie miller challenges the system, now it's your turn. >>it's a little bit of magic. >>connect with "talking liberally with stephanie miller" at facebook.com/stephaniemillershow and on twitter at smshow. [ ♪ theme music ♪ ] [ ♪ theme ♪ ] >> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's "the stephanie miller show." ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ and it's time to feel good ♪ ♪ hey, all right now ♪ ♪ and it's time to feel good ♪ >> stephanie: it is "the stephanie miller show". calling audible. 6 minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-12 the phone number
8:02 am
toll free from anywhere. too late now. stephaniemiller.com the web site. sexyliberal.com. the big show at the pantages almost sold out. get them now for july 28th. we have columbus, ohio coming up. tickets almost gone. august 18th and september 29th in seattle. this very weekend, you can see sexy liberal hal sparks. >> in portland. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] >> portland, oregon, hoax the weird white supremacist backpack bomber that was busted trying to bomb m.l.k. parades. but also -- >> it is also home of voodoo doughnuts. >> last time i was there i bought an entire box of voodoo doughnuts for the staff and it was like this will be my gesture. you tried to kill us. >> stephanie: as mitt romney would say, you people -- round sugary things from -- >> confections we pick up at the 7-eleven. >> if you bite into one of them,
8:03 am
did somebody scream across the room? [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] >> stephanie: police say a naked man crashed a pickup truck into a southwest dallas mall. >> as you do. >> stephanie: driven over several kiosks and into a champs sporting goods store. meaning what? george w. bush is drinking again. [ ♪ circus ♪ ] >> why did you do that? >> because it was hot! bath salts making somebody hot and crazy again. >> stephanie: did you see george w. bush did an interview. he has that same vocabulary recall. he said eight years was awesome and i was famous and i was powerful. >> i'm interested in politics. he said that. he actually said i'm interested in politics. really? should have paid more attention to it while you were running the country. >> stephanie: new chapter in his life. one that is awesome. >> i would know about chapters if i ever read books. >> stephanie: he said my time
8:04 am
as president is over. did i what i did. striving for a legacy is a complete waste of time. a legacy will emerge with recent times. >> stephanie: the legacy thus far, worst president ever! >> mitt romney meeting with everybody from the bush administration to get tips on how to run things. >> stephanie: dick cheney was huddling with republicans on capitol hill yesterday to talk about defense across-the-board cuts to defense spending are unacceptable because we're still at war with east asia. and we always -- >> always at war with east asia. >> get over yourself. >> we have to strike now sir. annihilate kill, kill, kill! >> shut up! shut up! shut up! >> stephanie: harry reid bringing the snark yesterday. he said of dick cheney being there. he said halliburton did extremely well during his time as vice president.
8:05 am
i assume there will be some concern about halliburton today. [ mock laughter ] >> stephanie: harry reid bringing the quiet snark. >> he's been funnier lately. >> something's changed! maybe he's in campaign mode. >> maybe he started drinking. >> he doesn't drink. know. >> maybe it was harry reid, concise moment where is a few months from the election, he's a crackin'. rise up from the sea. >> snarky. >> stephanie: he probably doesn't even need glasses. okay. dive into the right-wing world. let's drive into the right-wing world. [ ♪ circus ♪ ] speaking of relics from the bush administration. the tiny dancer of deception dana perino. she's a little pixy. >> president obama's speech if you're successful, you didn't do it on your own. they helped you. we could do the chicken and egg argument all day long but there was a road that helped get you
8:06 am
to the school that helped get your teacher to the school that helped get you there. it becomes a nonsequitur but also it actually offended people and for the first time when you saw mitt romney respond to that today, he could be called a felon. they can call him all sorts of names but as soon as you start saying to small business owners didn't do it on their own then he got mad. >> that's what did it, man. you can call me names all you want. but the minute you quoted out -- you get quoted out of context by my people and you have something to yell about and distract away from the fact that i'm a tax cheat allegedly. >> stephanie: oh boy. help me. >> that was great though, wasn't it? >> stephanie: cuban born palestinian john sununu. >> when you insult them, you scare them again. they're not going to make investments and create jobs with a president like that. i guarantee you that what we are seeing in the private sector is a hoarding of capital. they're waiting to seat result of the presidential election.
8:07 am
if president obama's elected that capital goes offshore. if mitt romney is elected they buy equipment and they start hiring here. >> stephanie: this is the same argument as yesterday. because they're all backed up. mitt is going to be like a big colon blow. they're holding it in. >> like a fleet enema. >> the opposite couldn't be true in you is you sununu's world. >> who needs enema? s? >> the opposite could be true if you're using the same logic. they could be afraid that the next guy in, mitt romney could capsize everything like this recovery will have been just a quick turnaround. we'll go back to the bush era nonsense and that nothing is safe. >> stephanie: just flip it around again. >> it might have been because of all of the bush years that nobody had any reserves. they might be sitting on reserves because they don't
8:08 am
trust the financial markets. >> eric bolling. >> we're going to fundamentally change america. he warned us in 2008. the man is a statist. get in trouble for calling him a socialist. his policies are socialist. government runs the economy. businesses are just lucky to be on board. >> what? >> where do they get this crap? i think they fish around in their rectums for it. because it is the exact opposite of -- >> he's well-known for fishing around his rectum. >> if he has to scratch his ear that's where he goes. >> stephanie: he's out of control. bill o'reilly. >> i pay my taxes and give millions of dollars to charity. i give back. not enough for president obama. not enough. he wants me and other high income folks to finance a massive redistribution of wealth in this country. >> you get tax breaks.
8:09 am
>> stephanie: seriously. we are talking about -- what is the difference we're talking about. 30% as opposed to 36%. >> stephanie: people don't remember how well everybody was doing during the clinton years. they talk about massive literally, i said this yesterday. it is like we're saying let's go back to the 90% eisenhower rates. >> by the way the way the obama tax plan actually works, you can offset entire rise through hiring or buying new equipment. so that extra -- it gets you more involved in the economy. >> it is like these people don't have accountants. >> stephanie: charles qualityheimer. >> you can see the premise through the opposition that he's hiding something. you give him three years he's going to want six. you give him six he's going to want ten. john mccain looked at him and said that's okay, that's enough for me. >> no he didn't!
8:10 am
>> he wanted sarah palin. >> he said i would rather go with the air head nobody knows. >> stephanie: here is the batman stuff we were talking about that rush limbaugh is talking about. >> the villain in the dark knight rises is named bain. b-a-i-n. what is the name of the venture capital firm that romney ran and around there is this make believe controversy. >> wait. the movie has been in the works for a long time. release date has been known summer of 2012 for a long time. do you think that it is accidental that the name of the really vicious fire-breathing four-eyed, whatever it is villain in this movie is named bane? >> and the rain in spain lies mainly in -- >> also the villain in spiderman is a lizard which is nudish. >> newt. >> the most idiotic --
8:11 am
>> no, it isn't. because he said stuff that's way more idiotic. >> the web hubbell. >> stephanie: creators of the batman franchise knew how many years ago that mitt romney would be the nominee. >> that bain would be a part of the trilogy. >> bain was also a part of the older batman series. bain was a character in the one with arnold schwarzenegger as mr. freeze. >> yeah, that's true. >> stephanie: they were trying to undermine his governorship out here in california. [ ♪ dramatic ♪ ] >> foster friess? >> let's clear this up though. anybody who's been paying attention. all right. yes, it is bain this time around but they also used two face and they can't use him to fight romney again. [ ♪ circus ♪ ] >> i see what you did there. >> stephanie: mark in atlanta. hi mark. >> caller: hey, stephanie. how you doing? >> stephanie: good.
8:12 am
go ahead. >> caller: can you answer this question for me? how is romney close to obama in the polls when 99% of america is behind obama? >> it is interesting, isn't it? when they check the national polls, it is all of this likely voter stuff. you have to vote in like four to six elections to be counted. >> stephanie: it seems like when they poll -- every carbon-base life form, obama is way ahead. hispanics, blacks -- >> then you go national, it is 47% to 47%. >> stephanie: curious that. okay. >> like that exit polling stuff during the bush years. >> curious about that. >> they're not reliable anymore. >> stephanie: 17 minutes after the hour. you know, i think i'll have a go to meeting later today with you, chris and we'll flip the bikini graph around. if mitt romney is elected, we'll be back to the bush years. you can do that sort of thing because i can take control of chris's desktop. he can take control of mine.
8:13 am
we can do power points, look at graphics. >> i thought you were going to the no-no spot. >> stephanie: no. we use it here at stephaniemiller international and sons. i just found that out yesterday at go to meeting. i didn't know. i was drunk. with go to meeting by citrix it takes a webcam and a click like on a mouse. there you are, you're all in a group, hd videoconference. it is fabulous. you can join from your ipad. go to meeting is so easy to use. ipad users download the free app. i can do it from the airport, i can do it in a cab. >> on a plane. >> i can do it with jacki schechner's cat. exactly. in any seussian situation. there i am because i have my free go to meeting app. try it free for 30 days. don't wait for the special offer. visit gotomeeting.com. type in the promo code stephanie. be sure to use the promo code stephanie. back with more hump days with hal on "the stephanie miller show." >> announcer: this is all very
8:14 am
strange. >> i agree. something is not right. >> announcer: it's "the stephanie miller show." fly any airline, any flight, anytime. double miles you can actually use. what a coincidence? what's in your wallet? [ all screaming ] watch the elbows ladies. double miles you can "actually" use. but with those single mile travel cards... [ bridesmaid ] blacked out... but i'm a bridesmaid. oh! "x" marks the spot she'll never sit. but i bought a dress! a toast... ...to the capital one venture card. fly any airline, any flight, anytime. double miles you can actually use. what a coincidence? joining us. >> my pleasure. thanks for having me, man.
8:15 am
every day, an average of 5,000 people switch from cascade to finish dishwasher detergent. over 2 million people so far. with finish quantum you get incredibly clean sparkling dishes without having to
8:16 am
rinse them first. now see for yourself why millions have switched to finish. join the finish revolution. and now you can try finish quantum for free. visit us on facebook. currenttv
8:17 am
8:18 am
8:19 am
8:20 am
8:21 am
8:22 am
8:23 am
8:24 am
8:25 am
8:26 am
8:27 am
8:28 am
8:29 am
8:30 am
8:31 am
8:32 am
8:33 am
8:34 am
8:35 am
8:36 am
8:37 am
8:38 am
8:39 am
8:40 am
8:41 am
8:42 am
8:43 am
8:44 am
8:45 am
8:46 am
8:47 am
8:48 am
8:49 am
8:50 am
8:51 am
8:52 am
8:53 am
8:54 am
8:55 am
8:56 am
8:57 am
8:58 am

199 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on