Skip to main content

tv   Bulls Bears  FOX Business  May 29, 2016 2:00am-2:31am EDT

2:00 am
chaos on the campaign trail. anti-trump protests turning violent this week. as protesters burn signs. taunt police. and smash glass. now critics are asking why is the mainstream media ignoring who is behind many of these protests. this is bulls and bears. the bulls and bears this week. welcome everybody. katie is the media showing bias
2:01 am
in their coverage? >> of course they are. and the reason they are is because the media is full of progressives and these organized protests, these professional agitators are supported by not just far left groups but also mainstream progressist. we saw this in the 2008 convention. when these type of protesters claimed they were going to shut down the convention by all means necessary and then saw them again during the occupy wall street movement and we see them in ferguson last summer as a result of what happened there. so these people aren't necessarily just protesting trump. they have been around for a long time and just have a new target and the media is ignoring it. >> if people were outside hillary clinton and bernie sanders rallies, they would be lambasted as looney tunes conservative, racist, bigot, you name it you would hear it, right?
2:02 am
>> yes. you would. and you you look at what they with the tea party. and gabby gifford. i do believe it is media spin. you cannot possibly blame bernie sanders for this. not for these idiots that violate crime but the rhetoric that he's using essential hurt this is and a lot of that is not being brought light. calling hillary clinton a racist comments from 1996 and agitates people who want to protest. they are americans just like us but then you have these thugs and these idiots that do stupid things. this should be condemned by the media. >> the media are all over anything to do with a conservative protest but if it is related to the left and liberal funded groups, forget about it. >> i don't know you start
2:03 am
burning cars and the media covers it. i think it's a little slanted but the media covers it. they were out of line. no one was taking the sides of the protesters so i don't know if it's slanded a as you're sled letang on. the other, the occupancy wall street. there was drum play. -- >> there was rapes, cop cars destroyed. >> the bernie sanders fans i don't think they are going to be punching back. so i don't see it would have the electrophile level of media. >> actually gary b. smith that is what happened in the democratic convention in in evidence. the bernie sanders supporters just created utter chaos. they were throwing chairs. sent a chairwoman debt threats
2:04 am
for peat's sake. how much coverage did that get? not much. >> no. and it never will. you mention conservative protests. yeah how many times are we really talking about conservative protests that erupt in violence and chair throwing. i think in general conservatives welcome discourse. liberals say they welcome discourse but they don't. and i think they are taking their cue from this administration. they want to shut down discussion. they want to shut down argument and if you disagree with the liberal point of view you are a looney tune or a thug or a criminal. but it all boils down to as we've alluded to the mainstream mald's bias. i look back in 2008 of the top 17b 00 newspapers in circulation, 80% endorsed o basmt this is a country that is
2:05 am
in theory is split 50/50 republicans democrats. maybe shifts a few points during years but that is how it is. and 80% of the nation's largest newspapers in the country endorsed obama. whether does that say about the bias? it says anything bernie sanders or hillary clinton raises will be met with hallelujah and anything on the right now with trump as the candidate is going be meat with oh my gosh, they are thugs, terrible, orbital. that's just the way it is. >> jonathan. >> the mainstream media is liberal. but the media in a free country is the peebl. and people. and a lot of people are liberal out there. and isn't trump's appeal supposed to be that he brings that crossover into the party. and there has ban hell of a lot of violence at donald trump rallies some of which at least
2:06 am
previously he has encouraged. so what is it about the message? to your point you didn't see this at other rallies. so what is it about trump's message that is bringing out whether it's planned or not so much violence? >> you are actually making our point jonathan. everybody brings up the one image of the old man hitting the guy at the trump rally in north carolina. and that is the sole basis for people saying that trump rallies inside are violent and people are getting beaten up. >> that was the sole example of violence at trump rallies and i guess that's news to me. i witnessed it in chicago quite a bit. so there is something about the message there in my opinion. whether it is getting covered in the media or not. >> trump is getting a lot of media dprovrj the day he started. and things happen and you are
2:07 am
going get a lot of coverage because the media's already there. i think ultimately this is driven by the ratings. >> katy i want to get to the point that even violence that you see outside of a trump rally that is liberal driven that is paid for by liberal groups. you have things like a protester yelling at jonathan hunt what do you think about trump causing all this? that's the insanity. >> yeah that is the insanity and i've been at least one of the few people trying to hold donald trump accountable for the things he does say. when he says he's going pay the medical bills of people who get hurt facting in the rally that is an issue. and the tea party movement, wasn't a violent movement by the way.
2:08 am
>> cons -- >> excuse me. when it comes to digging into the background of who these protesters are, the media never talks about the fact that fciu is the one organizing a lot of these. never talk about the fact that people are paid by liberal organizations to show up at conservative events to protest. that is never talked about in mainstream media but they smear conservatives when they go to protest. >> being conservative republican generally means you like the system as it is. it works for you. people that protest tend -- this goes back for hundreds of years. the system is not working for them so you can't expect the same level of protest. maybe we should distinguish between protesters and rioters. and violent rioters. there is a difference between protesting and exercising your first amendment right. which we all have a right to do -- >> -- doing this --
2:09 am
>> and you're basically justifying it right now. >> six officers injured at that albuquerque rally outside of the trump rally. the one that we're talking about didn't get enough coverage. final word to you. >> well look, jonathan made a point which i will disagree with. he cede the mainstream media is the people. i don't think that's true. i think the brass at the washington post and new york city times are ivy league lig rals. these highfalutin smarty pants who think better and they are dikting what we show believe.ctating what we show believe. >> they would rather cover sensationalism rather than facts like a dog chasing a car rather
2:10 am
than cover real things that matter. i think they are awful. >> cavuto on business about 20 minutes from now. >> do you see these people eating food from trash. exclusive scenes of socialism in venezuela. a warning for those pushing socialist policies here in america. and it is now official. more millennials living with mom and dad than with anyone else. who's fault is that? >> the happiest place on earth? not according to bernie sanders. sanders attacking you do all this research on a perfect car, then smash it into a tree. your insurance company raises your rates... maybe you should've done more research on them. for drivers with accident forgiveness, liberty mutual won't raise your rates due to your first accident. liberty mutual insurance.
2:11 am
2:12 am
2:13 am
2:14 am
anybody here work for disney? anybody here making a living wage from disney? all right. so when we talk -- and i'm
2:15 am
probably the only politician to come to anaheim and say this. [ cheers and applause ] >> bernie versus mickey. disney ceo bob iger writing we created 11,000 new jobs and our company has created 18 thousand in the last five years. how many jobs have you created? this isn't the first time sanders has come under fire. gary b who has this right? >> i think disney does. just in anaheim alone they contribute $5.7 billion to the economy. but specifically on the jobs. i think what bernie sanders forgets is a job is not just wages. so i went to see what the employees said of disney. and i went to indeed.com.
2:16 am
they were overwhelmingly positive. look, they all stipulate that they could be paid more. they understand the tradeoffs working for disney are the work experienced there. the great management. the terrific environment. like any job. when i was at graduate school i could have went to companies that paid more. i went to ibm because they have the overall best passage. that is what people are offering. >> is bernie courageous or clueless. >> gary b. always does a good job researching. i looked up a bernie sanders resume from 1980. there is nopg it. it's been well documented he didn't have a regular paying job until the age of 40. he's on this quixotic quest for some reason. he's the guy who shows up at the bar and as long as your buying him drinks he's pontificate about what social simple. he's on this quixotic quest to
2:17 am
knock downwind mills and this dem dpogry is just not going to work. >>ed and after bernie sanders said he was destroying the moral fabric of america, sanders mazz never visited the aviation plant in vermont which they had spent about -- >> basically built the city of orlando. that sid. what's wrong with bernie is not that he's acknowledging there is this problem with capitalism. or you can literally pay people $10 an hour and they will keep working and making all this money for people it is amazing. but he doesn't have to be a job creator. but as a politician he should have solutions and proemz
2:18 am
proposal. >> what bernie doesn't get is wealth has to be created. and before investors showed up. anaheim was just farmland. disney trades with millions and millions of visitors. this is how they succeed. bernie sanders all he knows is political power. that is power of a gun. so he's going to show up. he's going tell you how much to pay your employees. how much to pay your employees. that is socialism and that is bernie sanders. >> and totally wins election. >> totally. according to millennial it does. i don't think bernie sanders could last one day in a minimum wage job at disney land. and here a guy living in a shack
2:19 am
with a dirt floor because he played the victim and wanted to blame the system rather than do the hard work to make sure that he could make it in america. when he did get his first job it was a government paycheck and has been ever since then. the bottom line is disney employs people all the way up to the executive levels, both in california and inside the country. >> thank you guys and lady. eric what do you have coming up? >> democratic senator elizabeth warren blags trump for wanting to profit off the housing crisis. but apparently she profited from flipping houses. and san diego lawmakers --. the cashin' in.
2:20 am
see you at 11:0030. >> up here first. taking a road trip this weekend? enjoy low gas prices whilev
2:21 am
2:22 am
2:23 am
2:24 am
2:25 am
>> -- skiddish when you hear trump say we're going to save the coal industry or any industry. including fossil fuels. no question it makes it more expensive for us to use the fuel our own backyards. i'm just curious what trump talked about the u.s. want to get a piece of the action from keystone. a piece of the profits. i that is not croneyism. >> refining capacity is something of national security we could keep here. but the keystone pipeline is ad hoc. it will help jobs somewhat. and so forth. >> and gary b quickly, sorry. >> i agree with jonathan. i think government should keep
2:26 am
out. i don't like the line we're going save the coal industry. i don't think any industry should be saved, spared, propped up. let the market determine what the price is and let the manufacturers and refiners respond. there will be out there who can make profit on $20 a barrel. let the market determine the winners and losers. >> an extreme
2:27 am
2:28 am
2:29 am
at all time. stock up 50% in a year. >> gopro, i think it's up 25% in a year. i own it. >> jonathan. >> commodities are cheap relative to stocks. cotton prices, bal, up 25% in the next year.
2:30 am
>> we can all afford he brew national, the good hot dogs. conagra up 15% in a year. >> hot dog grease on your tie big guy. we continue with neil now. all right. well attention holiday travelers. i think the government just said get in line and take a number. hi everyone and welcome. i'm neil cavuto. and this time i think washington's number is up. was a when the head of the tsa is telling fliers to get there three hours early, the head of the fad is telling ours customers disney customers wait in line so what's the hurry with you?

8 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on