Skip to main content

tv   FBN AM  FOX Business  September 27, 2016 5:00am-6:01am EDT

5:00 am
>> and much better judgment than she does. there's no question about that. i also have a much better temperament. >> a man who can be evoked by attrition and have the singers anywhere near the nuclear code. >> you are going to drive business. >> the kind of playing kind of plane from august kind of playing on us kind of plane from august the fourth of the trickle-down economic all over again. >> i'm going to cut regulations. but i'm going to cut taxes bigley and you are going to raise taxes to gleek big >> i've a feeling by the end all be blamed for everything that's
quote
5:01 am
ever happened. why not. tree into a fiery first presidential debate and sunil and hillary clinton clash over taxes and temperament. all the highlights and analysis. good morning. i'm nicole petallides. lauren: good morning. i am lauren simonetti. u.s. features down ahead of the day, rebounding after it. a look at what that might mean. let's check in the co u.s. senate market features are shaping up this tuesday morning. dow futures 34 points. nasdaq of 11. drink tenacious type after the u.s. presidential debate in japan. the nikkei closed up one and three quarters to 1% in the index in chennai paso 1%. lauren: despite our pressure across bank stocks, stock indices trading to the downside to this with danny points. cac downtime. nicole: after jumping over 3% yesterday, let's see how oil is faring.
5:02 am
down 1.5% this morning at or defied 18 a barrel. lauren: 5:01 a.m. in new york. tuesday from september 27th. it's also national voter registration day. your first look at the latest breaking news and what to expect for the day ahead. nicole: donald trump and hillary clinton facing off in the first presidential debate of the 2016 white house race. the two candidates clashing sharply in new york just six weeks before the election. here are some of the best moments from last night. >> we are in a bubble right now and the only thing that looks good is the stock market. if you raise interest rates that will come crashing down. why are you just thinking about the solutions? for 30 years he been doing it in a think of solutions. i will bring back jobs. you can't bring back jobs.
5:03 am
>> actually i have thought about this quite a bit. >> for 30 years. you called it the gold standard of trade deals. and then you heard what i said about it and all the sudden you are against it. >> donald, i know you live in your reality, but that is not the fact. mine would create 10 million jobs in your soup was 3.5 million jobs. nicole: you are going to approve one of the biggest tax cut -- increases in history. you are going to drive business. your regulations are a disaster. >> donald never tells you what he would've do. but it started a war, bomb iran? if he will criticize the deal that's been very successful in giving us access to iranian facilities would never have before, he should tell us what his alternative would need. >> she does not the look. she does not the stamina.
5:04 am
i said she doesn't have the stamina and i don't believe she does have the stamina. to be president of this country coming to tremendous stamina. president obama and secretary clinton created a vacuum to get out of iraq. they should not be named, but once they got income and with a guy got out was a disaster. >> donald supported the invasion of iraq. that has proved over and over again. he advocated for the action. >> a much better temperament. >> they invited putin to hack into americans. >> that is unacceptable. >> what did we learn? we learned that bernie sanders has taken advantage of by your people, by debbie wasserman schultz.
5:05 am
>> if they taunted our sailors, i would vote them out of the water and start another war. that is not good judgment. that is not the right temperament to be commander-in-chief, to be taunted. >> we have a situation in this country that has to be to care of. i will release my tax returns against my lawyer's wishes. when she releases her 33,000 e-mails that have been deleted. as soon as she releases him, i will release. transient the next debate scheduled for sunday, october 9th in st. louis and missouri. lauren: was the overall winner? join us in studio a fox news political analyst and contributor and national cochair, morgan or take us. good morning to both of you. we will start with you.
5:06 am
>> i would have to agree with all the quick polls that have been done and the commentaries that have been done much like a at last night, donald trump completely crashed. it is really a loss for the american people because regardless of your republican or democrat, you want the two final candidates for the highest office in the nation to be prepared, to take this seriously, to read reviewing books. and give coherent answers and unfortunately donald tripp did none of that last night. lauren: what did he need to do differently? act of knowledge, understanding of values in the temperament to go along with what it takes to be the president. he certainly showed with his temperament last night that he is unable to hear information that challenges him without just
5:07 am
turning into a tantrum. >> wasn't that donald trump is unprepared that made hillary clinton looks so stronger perhaps overprepared? >> you enter the primary debates but he's never done something like this one-on-one. he cited this advantage going in. i think it's actually a job. she clearly had command. she's strong. she knows how to speak about policy ad nauseam that i'm and away from her. she still has a very difficult time connecting emotionally with the american people. but the likability factor. it's very monotone, very flat. she's the smartest person in the room, but that is not who we are electing. >> if you caught a job, charles krauthammer was that this less than a fox news. he believed he was a draw. most people call up for hillary.
5:08 am
as a drop of a challenger who somewhat of a newcomer. she said taking physics areas doing exactly this. didn't have any major gaffes. he missed on a few things. he missed sitting around e-mail. do you call this a draw and maybe a win and the fact he didn't accept his future here. >> i still say it's a draw because he's going to have to do better the next two debates. i don't think he did anything less that they would take them out of the race but it does need to be more careful about letting her get under his skin. they were time she baited him and he missed some opportunities to hit her in the clip foundation never brought up by the moderator which is surprising to me. he missed a few key shots. whenever he talked about her being a career politician, when you look at the pollsters, dataset registers to most of the voters because this is a changed election.
5:09 am
lauren: donald trump kept emphasizing the point cannot blame everything bad that's happened under clinton. he touted his abilities as a businessman. the job market, creating jobs, keeping business in the u.s. was he stronger? >> no. the small number of voters left undecided, the only thing they need to do is look at the transcript. look at the specific answers on his tax policies. look at his specific answers on cybersecurity, which are frightening, that he has no grasp of these issues. yeah, he didn't have one gaffe. after the first 15, 20 minutes, his entire performance was a gaffe. the idea he was even up on that stage is insulting and especially the key voters we are looking at, within who every single day, even though they weren't in, we understand what it means to be prepared and he was woefully a prepared and that is how seriously he takes this
5:10 am
election. that regardless of what people say about her likability factor, they want someone who has taken this race and taking the issues we're facing as a country seriously. not that you go in there knowing everything but you were going to be prepared and that was his gaffe. >> i understand your point. there's still a lot of people who absolutely love donald trump and that's why he's standing on that de beat out the other republican nominees. he came out strong, came out swinging and basically said he was sitting back on his heels. what is the need to do to paint hillary clinton? when did he miss? >> with six weeks until the election. can't come soon enough. there's a lot that could still happen. there were really poorly for president obama and clearly went on to win.
5:11 am
they showed this debates actually don't change about of mines. if you're pro-trump are pro-clinton because both of them one. it is important not to have any major gaffes that take to the race. although rick perry when he couldn't remember the three departments he was going to cut. there were big moments i did not think happened last night. he is going to have to get better at explaining his policies. it's not that he didn't have good moments last night. he had moments that stuck with the american people whenever he talks about you been doing this for 30 years. the happen in iraq and libya and syria, that his staff -- >> we have to start within having actual policy and that's what really came through last night. he's been talking a big game in this platitudes, but he is no specific plans for how to make america great. >> to be fair, i don't think hillary clinton gave any
5:12 am
specifics about what she would do. she referred to her website. i heard nothing about what she would do different. nicole: i'm glad you brought that up. look at that later in the show. national security, policies and plans for isis. thank you. coming up, national security takes center stage in the debate tonight. the two candidates squaring off on how to deal with iran and isis. >> go to her website. she tells you how to fight basis. i don't think general douglas macarthur would like that very much. lauren: former assistant secretary analyst at the clarion project. let's check in right now and see what's wall street verdict on the debate last night was good the first presidential debate for the november election. up 10 points. s&p futures at two. nasdaq adding five. a much sharper reaction to the upside moments ago. you are watching "fbn:am," your
5:13 am
first look at morning markets and breaking news. as we are adjusting everything that happened last night.
5:14 am
5:15 am
>> she's telling a certified isis. go to a website. i don't think general douglas macarthur would like that too much. >> at least i have a plan to fight basis. >> you're telling the enemy everything you want to do. >> no wonder you've been
5:16 am
fighting isis your entire adult life. true to who won the debate last night on the issue of national security. mro is professor of counterterrorism at liberty university. when we heard last night, we heard hillary clinton talk about cyberattacks, isis your dissent the middle east is a mess and that it's not working. your thoughts. you brought this to fruition in who won this one question >> regardless who i agree with him this policy without policy, hillary clinton massacre again. lauren: strong words. >> i've used that word repeatedly to describe because i'm in shock of what i saw. >> there were no specifics. it didn't seem like he was prepared at all. he has some of the best advisors and i didn't see any evidence that he observed information from them. i didn't see a commander-in-chief listening to advisors. i saw somebody would probably not pass the counterterrorism class i teach. lauren: two counterpoints.
5:17 am
i'm not doing mock debates. i have become as natural. the second point and something i heard coming into the segment was insane and not going to tell you my plan is that tells isis are planned. >> i don't think anyone would say that. and since it i airstrikes. some big picture things isis could never do anything with. he's got to do better than that. i was shocked that some of the things i was seeing considers some of his advisers have the vote for him. i see that as a plus in his favor. was he talking to them before this debate? nicole: we talk about cyberattacks and isis and homegrown terror was another fact to mention by the moderator. big picture when you talk about her plans going forward, he made the point it's not really working. we are paying off a van in other countries. that's not working. something needs to change.
5:18 am
do you think that resonates with voters it doesn't make sense because this is there's peschel t.? >> it does. i'm different. you've been to the same class over and over. stylistically it does mean it off when you knock the out of isis. the language most people want to hear. in some ways i can have a positive effect but you have to follow that up with cnet has some type of basic plan. i'm not sure that came across. hopefully next time he does better. lauren: senior fellow at the center for american progress and former assistant secretary of defense. thanks for calling in to us this morning. myanmar on site. i wanted to ask you a question about iran. i didn't hear much of the debate about hillary clinton touted the deal we have at we have a debian in the nation's progress with making relations better there. is that because she does the public might not be as hard about that or maybe it was a bad
5:19 am
deal? >> no, i think that it hasn't stopped iran's other behavior. for example, testing ballistic missiles, still at 80 is sought in this area. she emphasize we didn't have go to war to stop them with their nuclear weapons or having an arms race -- and nuclear arms race in the middle east that the saudi snake at the weapons. true to she sounded like she is putting down one particular thing how the ships have been taunting airships. it seems like she played that particular piece of information which is happen more frequently despite the fact we been given exorbitant amounts of money. >> and in fact, what she tried to do was to show that trump was irresponsible because she accused him of over reacting to that in starting a war. unfortunately for him he didn't
5:20 am
follow up. he did briefly by saying they are harassing us and how long are we going to put up with this or quote some people like her navy leakers. he could've made that point, but he didn't. she pushed him -- she tried to paint him as the one being over reacting and not being reasonable in his approach. lauren: by mro, larry korb, thank you for joining us. national security a top, top subject we continue to follow. cyberwarfare and how that might play into the election. all of this coming out after the break. keep it right here on fox business. you're not a cook, if you don't cook. you're not a firefighter, if you don't fight fires. or a coach, if you don't coach.
5:21 am
and you can't be our leader, if you don't lead. our next president needs to take action on social security, or future generations could lose up to $10,000 a year. we're working hard, what about you? hey candidates, do your jobs. keep social security strong. nobody's hurt, but there will still be pain. it comes when your insurance company says they'll only pay three-quarters of what it takes to replace it. what are you supposed to do? drive three-quarters of a car? now if you had liberty mutual new car replacement™, you'd get your whole car back. i guess they don't want you driving around on three wheels. smart. with liberty mutual new car replacement™, we'll replace the full value of your car. liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance.
5:23 am
5:24 am
>> we are in a bubble right now and the only thing that looks good is the stock market. if you raise interest rates a little bit, that will come crashing down. we are in a big,, ugly bubble. we have a sad doing political things. janet yellen of the senate. the fed is doing political by keeping interest rates at this level. you'll see some very bad things happen because the site is not doing their job. trade to which candidate did the best job on discussing how they would improve the u.s. economy. straight to mark everett, washington bureau chief at bakery.com. good morning to you, mark. >> good morning. lauren: donald trump accusing janet yelena creating a bubble in the u.s. market with low interest rates. do you agree? >> not at all. i am not a conspiracy theorist.
5:25 am
if anything, janet yellen refused to answer questions about politics. a number of attempts on the part of the reporters trying to ask her about how the election might affect the economy. they asked the question who did best on the economy last night. i think the night went to hillary clinton. i will say i think trump is at its best when he was attacking her on nafta. i think that resonates with a lot of america in his own supporters, but she won tonight. tree until i understand your point that you don't believe janet yellen is obviously in politics and not raising for that reason. do you agree the low interest rates, record low interest rates at the quarter-point hike we have seen currently in our economy. more people on food stamps are no less homeownership that are economy is not so great over the last few years.
5:26 am
>> not so great. the question would you do? if it turned out that it was before? looking at the unemployment rate, under 10%, those are about half of what they were before. obviously, there's a lot of challenges for the country and donald trump has done a better job of diving into the discontent many people are feeling. bernie sanders did a better job on the question of asset inflation. that's the reason the fed took interest rates to record los lobos was to try to reflate the u.s. economy. by the lake on the u.s. interest rates are higher around the world. lauren: one of donald trump stronger points last night was all this regulation that president obama endorsement by hillary clinton would drive business out of business. we want to get a quick reaction. we saw a sharp, sharp uptake of one point in their futures.
5:27 am
perhaps traders were thinking the status quo would he maintained. >> i think that is about right. we note the wall street hates uncertainty in this election seems harder to call. it feeds into uncertainty absolutely. lauren: thanks so much for calling them this morning. nicole: thanks, mark. more analysis from us this presidential debate. did she stay up late and watch the whole thing? more highlights coming out. i am ready. because today there's harvoni. a revolutionary treatment for the most common type of chronic hepatitis c. harvoni is proven to cure up to 99% of patients... ...who've had no prior treatment. it transformed treatment as the first cure that's... ...one pill, once a day for 12 weeks. certain patients... ...can be cured with just 8 weeks of harvoni. harvoni is a simple treatment regimen that's been prescribed to more than a quarter of a million patients.
5:28 am
tell your doctor if you've had a liver transplant, other liver or kidney problems, hiv, or any other medical condions, and about all the medicines you take including herbal supplements. taking amiodarone with harvoni may cause a serious slowing of your heart rate. common side effects of harvoni may include tiredness, headache and weakness. i am ready to put hep c behind me. i am ready to be cured. are you ready? ask your hep c specialist if harvoni is right for you.
5:29 am
5:30 am
>> i is much better judgment than she does. there is no question about that care about something much better temperament. >> a man who can be provoked by tweet should not have his fingers anywhere near the nuclear code. being that you improve one of the biggest tax increases in history. you would drive business out. >> the kind of plan donald has the authority's trickle-down
5:31 am
trickle-down economics all over again. >> you want to increase regulations make it even worse. i'm going to cut taxes big-league and you are going to raise taxes big league. >> i have a feeling i'll be played for everything that ever happened. nicole: breaking news this morning. a fiery first presidential debate is donald trump and hillary clinton clash over trade, taxes and temperament. good morning. i am trained for. nicole: good morning. i am nicole petallides. features done slightly ahead of the debate and rebounding half of a percent afterwards. take a look at what that may mean. u.s. stock market futures after two days of solid. dow futures at 16, s&p futures up. lauren: stocks into the upside after the debate in japan moving .9%.
5:32 am
nicole: despite more pressure on bank stocks down several%. stocks had opened higher but turned into the red. this is in london done a quarter of a percent. dax in germany down 1%. lauren: oil at. $45.30 a barrel. nicole: good morning. 5:31 a.m. in new york. we welcome you to a very special edition of "fbn:am" can be a first look at today's markets, the latest breaking news and what to expect that they had. i enjoyed the debate and the post commentary. lauren: it was thought. donald trump and hillary clinton clashing sharply in the first residential debate of the white house race. blake irving live in new york with the highlights. she's late, blake burman? reporter: one hour. and my producer. no complaints this morning because i'm guessing you didn't leave much either. good morning to you. just turn down the road here in new york.
5:33 am
if you are looking for a debate with policy and detailing issues, you probably should throw in the dvr debate of decades past because this was hardly but last night. this is a testy and face the early and often between donald trump and hillary clinton. one of the main issues donald trump had to address thinking out is whether or not he could be presidential and have the presidential temperament. it's something he addressed at the beginning of the debate and try to put the issue against other click. >> have much better judgment than she does. there's no question about that. i also have a much better temperament good >> okay. i'm been provoked by tweet should not have his fingers anywhere near the nuclear code as far as anyone with any sense that they should be concerned. >> you're getting a little bit all-time us to say. they make its well described. >> not accurate at all.
5:34 am
reporter: donald trump rising in the polls in the last days, weeks. hillary clinton has had a much lighter load on the campaign trail because she was getting ready for this debate and of course because of her pneumonia illness about 10 days or so ago. donald trump tried to use the schedule against her and hillary clinton came prepared with a ready-made grist bonds. >> i've been all over the place. you decided to stay home and that's okay. but i will tell you i've been all over and it is some of the greatest people ever meet within this community said they are very, very upset with what their politicians have told them and what their politicians have done. >> i think donald just criticized me for preparing for this debate. and yes, i did. and you know it as i prepared for? i prepare to be president and i think that's a good thing.
5:35 am
re big question going forward. who is the most prepared from here on out to be the next president of the united states. response reactions came from oliver as you might imagine. donald trump tweedy and after the debate, wow, did great in the debate holds except for cnn, which i don't wash. thank you. the clinton campaign was tweeting throughout all of this. ryan fallon, one of the spokespeople treated out the following. this is an epic meltdown speaking of trump and this is how the clinton campaign will do fine last night in the days going forward. back to you. nicole: blake irving, thank you so much. nicole: after 90 minutes of sparring in their face-to-face confrontation, who won last night's presidential debate? back in our studio, political analyst and contributor as by leslie carter gop pollster. good morning to both of you.
5:36 am
lee, you track line by line but was received well, what was amiss. who won this overall and why? >> i would say neither of them. a lot of people say hillary clinton. donald trump had a meltdown. i don't think the needle is going to move. the expectation going in which hillary would come in while prepared, ready to go, scripted, well rehearsed. she delivered. she might've delivered a little bit more. donald trump is expected to be bombastic, react to it, not prepared. he delivered. so what happens? nothing. at the end of the day i don't think is the independents, republicans or democrats change their mind. you will see it the way you want to see it. if you're democrat camille say hillary won. she had the debate of her life. if you're donald supporter, you say this is who he is and if you're an independent you're still confused.
5:37 am
lauren: people are expecting them to take the gloves off and be a real suicide. we didn't necessarily see that. your thoughts. >> that might be part of the problem. politics is supposed to be a blood thirsty sport. god has taken us down this really negative rabbit hole this entire election cycle. i disagree with him comes out of this on top of voters and decisions they will make. specifically what voters have been looking at gary johnson and jill stein and some of those numbers aren't holy from hillary clinton's camp. they will look at the performance of donald trump last night and say there is no way i can take this risk and waste my vote with one of these third-party candidates in all of this fantasy kid because his performance was that bad. the high information voters that are still in the night it are going to be paid very close attention to every single word that comes out of this candidates mouths.
5:38 am
if you can't put together a sentence like donald trump couldn't get many answers, that's good turning. nicole: there's two camps. everybody stays where they were and as they warm up and maybe to your point, and maybe some of those undecideds will go one way or another to your point to hillary. how about the race card? it's interesting how he tried to make the african-american community front and center. better schools, better society, safer homes. but you feel any of her you feel any of her thigh was not received well. but is he missing? >> luck, donald trump unlike his performance last night is a really smart man and a strategy that he picked up a few weeks ago to reach out to white suburban women who he was not winning their support by saying that he was actually reaching out to the african-american community is a strategy he and kelley and came up with than a works for that month the models.
5:39 am
for the african-american community, the way he talks about our community without understanding or acknowledging the fact that most african-americans don't live in poverty. he is insulting and condescending to entire community with so much lack of awareness. that ends up hurting him with the voters he was originally trying to strategize and get ahead at. nicole: as we wrap this up, no doubt hillary clinton prepared, polish. the way she likable? >> i think she did well last night. as far as to liquid goes, she had a really good night. a couple moments as she did really, really well. specifically if you think about all the mistakes are going to be blamed on me that she had a moment where you can see the humanity or she needs to have more moment like that.
5:40 am
i don't think this is going to move the needle all that much but if i had to give it a vintage one way or the other i would say hillary clinton because i do think on the likability scale shia were performed by people expect it. nicole: thank you both for breaking down who you believe won this round. we expect more heated debates going forward. there's also the other topic about whether lester holt was a little easier and hillary clinton. we will leave that to another discussion. lauren: trade issues with asia and china a big focus at the debate last night. >> you look at what china is doing to our country in terms of making our product. they are devaluing their currency and there's no one in our government to fight and then we had a very good fight and a winning fight because they are using our country as a piggy bank to rebuild china and many other countries are doing the same thing. so we are losing our good jobs,
5:41 am
so many of them. nicole: which candidate won the issue on -- also assesses lieutenant colonel bill cowan of fox news military analyst on fox news contributor. good morning to both of you. we will start with you. which candidate -- let's start with gordon first. we heard the soundbite from donald trump about china stating china and other countries are using the u.s. piggy bank -- used in the u.s. is a piggy bank to rebuild their country. what does he mean by that? >> essentially china is engaging in predatory trade policies and one of the distressing things last night was donald trump did not press this as hard as they could. secretary clip talked about enforcement of trade deals more than he did. that's an important issue.
5:42 am
the current president are proceeding one has done much to enforce the trade has been stitched up including the world trade organization deal. this is important because going forward, china has taken hundreds of billions of dollars from cybermeans another means and we are not doing much about it. trump should have pressed them more. nicole: what should we do about it since you're saying we're not doing much about it. >> china is manipulating its currency but recently to a higher value than the market wants because it's trying to stem capital outflow. the one thing the united states should be doing is imposing costs on china were taken by cybermeans somewhere between four to $500 a year and we are not doing that. we are talking agreements with china. that's not going to work because it has support in the past. this is something trump should've taught about because an important image for him. he didn't take it and that is
5:43 am
going to be one of the big losses for him from this debate. something they could have done. lauren: good morning to you, sir. thanks for calling in to the program. we look at the situation in a shed. korea is obviously a nation we are concerned about. what is china's role attended either candidate address this? what is china's role in helping us keep north korea safe? >> they are the only country who has real influence than you are right. we need to remember the north koreans, donald trump did not the north koreans are one of the prime sponsors of iran's nuclear program. they have a close relationship and cheney to provide health supporting technology to the iranians. but china is the only country that has any real leverage because it primary source of materials and food in many respects.
5:44 am
donald trump did not take the opportunity to jump on the fact that china is not doing things to support us in many fact there's. one reason so many people like donald trump has to say about china is how many places you go by is just a made in china. not many. everything in the consumer world is made in china. donald trump is right. nicole: what needs to be done? i ran to a certain extent as well. but just to be done? who needs to step in here? >> ward knows this better than me. i'm pleased to be a with gordon a good friend. we the obama administration or the state department have never put that kind of pressure on china which would force them, which would cause them to clamp down on north korea, shut down the access of any technology in the fourth of the three, which is a combination anyway to alter their polish it. that is not happening.
5:45 am
but korea continues to grow. china is the only real countries that has leverage over north korea. we have not pushed chinese to exercise some leverage. >> bill cowan is absolutely right. trump mentioned iran and north korea are cooperating on nuclear weapons. it was just a passing reference. here again, this is something for the administration is vulnerable and secretary clip is vulnerable on iran and north korea. he didn't press the attention that is going to come back and haunt him. lauren: gordon chang, thank you so much. the china colonel bill cow. thank you both. nicole: coming up, the first presidential debate now history. >> she doesn't have the stamina. i said she doesn't have the stamina and i don't believe she does have the stamina. nicole: who do you think won?
5:46 am
representative carolyn maloney and ranking member of clinton's campaign and john the fall, chairman of the the new york republican committee and a trump surrogate. we'll also check in on you to stop rocket features. didn't attack the debate. features a 21 of 21 points. s&p futures up for. you are watching "fbn:am," your first look at morning our kids -- your first look at morning markets and breaking news.
5:48 am
5:49 am
>> you have to be able to negotiate. you have so many different things you have to be able to do and i don't believe hillary has the stamina. >> assuming he travels to 112 countries to negotiate a peace deal come the ceasefire, a release of dissidents and hope remain as new opportunities and nations around the world or even spend 11 hours testifying in front of a congressional committee, he can talk to me about canada. nicole: the first presidential debate between hillary clinton and donald trump is now history. who came out on top? joining a sinner studio, representative carolyn maloney, ranking member of clinton's campaign. joining us by telephone, chairman of the suffolk county new york public and committee and trump surrogate. good morning to both of you. congressman maloney, you were there and you heard a response
5:50 am
like that one, which was a strong one. he set her experiences extraordinary was bad experience. >> i think she won big issue one strong and it is a clear knockout. i thought she won eight t. minutes into the debate and she did a superb job. she had a total command of the issues he or she was prepared and so she was prepared to be commander-in-chief and walk into the oval office on day one and be prepared to do all the aspects of that job. lauren: job of all, thank you for joining us. how strong did you think donald trump did last night and what did he not do good enough? >> in a debate like this, if you come in with goals and i think donald trump achieved his goals. hillary clinton's goal was to int him as being crazy. he showed tremendous restraint. he also showed that this is really about change versus the
5:51 am
status quo. she was extremely scripted. she was just rehearsed, memorize. her goal had to be doing kris likability. i think he became much more trusted on the level that he did to achieve. it was a great night for us. she lost an command on certain issues like stopping frist can bounce around on ept again. nicole: and they went live on the e-mails i understand what you're saying. what would be your rebuttal to something like that where he is saying she was scripted, they missed out on the clip on haitian, e-mails and the like. do you think she was right on point? >> i think she showed she had a lifetime of commitment, hard work, incremental change, helping people, coming up with detailed ideas and plans.
5:52 am
she also effectively boxed him in. lauren: she played defense on night. >> absolutely. on taxes. he never treated bad and she brought it down to what it meant to the american people that his money in taxes did not support veterans, students, education, health care, infrastructure of our great country. if everybody didn't pay taxes. nicole: he was then followed laws that would be able to get around that. >> absolutely. the flaws that the politicians from washington have are not trying to criticize them for it. it is experience versus facts. spirit donald trump talked about -- hillary clinton basically flat out said i'm going to raise taxes. there's a few moments when you come out of the debate to make
5:53 am
it work not just through last night. hillary clinton flat out said i am going to raise your taxes. donald trump says i'm going to cut your taxes. donald trump talks about jobs. hillary clinton was not even made to talk about someation, e-mails, benghazi. recent immunity for her is fast. how lester holt missed that is beyond me in a presidential debate. i think there was a lot of moments. by the way, she was more interested in trying to figure out how to deliver a cute line. she failed. lauren: just brought this up, john. it seems that moderators get more attention in this election cycle. to lester holt go light on hillary clinton? >> it was a debate between two candidates and what i was interested in is what he had to say in what she had to say.
5:54 am
she clearly had a vision of and economy that works for all americans. she was cleared and a clear contrast between president obama and president bush. seven and a half years of job growth has been president bush left office were shedding 700,000 job the month. she drew a clear contrast with former president clinton and creating 22 million jobs. a clear record of democratic presidents growing the economy, an economy that is opportunity to the american dream for all of our citizens. she taught for a mix. the shootout from her records. she typed for efficient are the future. prepositions are clear. he said i'm going to create all these jobs but he never said how. lauren: yesterday. he absolutely did. >> is that i'm going to bring them back from overseas but he didn't say how.
5:55 am
>> i'm going to make people feel confident again. i thought it was stronger jobs. >> i don't think he gave any clear message on how to create jobs. the message he gave was the economy that george bush gave us in cutting taxes and throwing us into the worst recession we've ever had here the two guys in a recession was deeper and stronger. trade to the growth has been extraordinarily so compared to what the recessions of madam that we've seen. >> rebounded back quicker and faster. be back though we haven't. nicole: what voters said she speak of? or did she win over last night that they had been undecided? quickly. >> she won over independents, combating terrorism the best line of that that was donald trumps when he said i will support hillary clinton if she is elected president. she will be elected based on
5:56 am
this performance. he has also mentioned may be permanently. nicole: i'm sure john would disagree. thank you, both. i may disagree with that comment. thank you so much. thank you both of you for this extraordinary discussion. lauren: we have for minutes at the show. historical perspective now. how did the debate last night compared to past debates? watch. >> i'm not going to exploit for political purposes my opponent's youth and the next. last night lauren: words. presidential historian doug wead. good morning. thank you for waking up with us. what was your take on last night's debate? >> donald trump on the debate. i based that on the fact the audience are not conservative republicans are african-american
5:57 am
or other groups that have made it their mind. the audience are the 3 million undecided voters in seven concert stage. they are not undecided because they are in conflict. they were undecided because they've been uninterested. those are the ones that will watch the first 15, 20 minutes of the debate and take away their impression and turn it off. the poll showed the number one issues of the reset of the debate was the economy and that was the first 20 minutes of the debate of trump dominated. they think he may have won the debate. doesn't mean he will win it all. nicole: whether you had to twitter is that, basically those are the number one issues. it wasn't a mouse theater wasn't cybersecurity recently. by the way, you are in the minority with this one. >> i understand that.
5:58 am
lauren: said it was a massacre for donald trump. >> i think she did well. it is just that i'm hearing this and chirac at their domination of the debate and i didn't see it because the ideas are the undecided voters. that is the ultimate everything she did well. i think there were four winners. there is hillary, donald trump who i say was a big winner. there is lester holt to reclaim his position for nbc and they are sean hannity has become the moral guarantor of donald trump's previous position on iraq. so it was a fun debate and i think we'll be talking about it. lauren: tumor debates coming up tonight on october the 19th. it reminds me of barack obama and the romney. romney crushed barack obama in that first debate. so will we see donald trump do
5:59 am
better in the next two? >> i think they will both be better prepared and have more experience behind about it the expectations were for donald trump because the democrats didn't such a good job, tim kaine and others that say this is 90 minutes it'll never make it 90 minutes. he didn't run out of gas. i thought it was fascinating quick 90 minutes. they will both improve in the second debate. trying to grow quickly what was that donald trump sniffled. did you hear about last night? >> i heard it. yes, i read the sniffled. that's the importance of or her salt. nicole: real historical moment. we thank you for joining us and give a new purse active on this. lauren: right now we'll right now we'll turn it to "mornings with maria" a good morning to
6:00 am
you, maria bartiromo. >> good morning. ignite. it is tuesday, september 27th. carrot top stories. the first presidential debate and the books. fireworks from the very start. donald trump and hillary clinton launching attacks on their records and caused the proposals. >> the world -- [cheers and applause] hillary has experience, but it's bad experience. we have made so many bad deals. >> when you run for president and they really matter when you are president. we assure our allies in japan and south korea and elsewhere, that we have mutual defense treaties and honor them. maria: more highlights of how wall street is reacting coming up here the war on terror, the suspect of the new york

92 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on