Skip to main content

tv   Hannity  FOX News  July 22, 2013 1:00am-2:01am PDT

1:00 am
welcome to this brand new special audience edition. we'll focus on race relations and the george zimmerman murder trial. while race was essentially a nonissue inside the courtroom. now that the case is closed and the defendant found not guilty, the controversial topic has once again been thrust to the forefront of the debate surrounding this tragedy. >> you know, when trayvon martin was first shot, i said that this could have been my son. another way of saying that is, trayvon martin could have been me 35 years ago.
1:01 am
and when you think about why in the african-american community at least, there's a lot of pain around what happened here, i think it's important to recognize that the african-american community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that doesn't go away. there are very few african-american men in this country who haven't had the experience that being followed when they were shopping in a department store. that includes me. there are very few african-american men who haven't had had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars. that happens to me at least before i was a senator.
1:02 am
there are very few african-americans who haven't had the experience of getting on an elevator and a woman clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off. that happens often. and i don't want to exaggerate this, but those sets of experiences inform how the african-american community interprets what happened one night in florida. >> now, this is of course not the first time the racial aspects of this case have been brought up in the media and elsd where. let's look at some of the racially charged rhetoric that occurred in the wake of the verdict. >> even though i was expecting it, i was still numb. i'm taken back to aiyana jones and we understand that black life means a little less than white life in america. >> i think this is for many
1:03 am
americans just another piece of evidence of the incon troe veritable contempt that this nation often shows and displays for black men. >> you know how you feel about 9/11, that's how we feel about race. white americans will feel this is a justifiable verdict. this is how things happen. not until and unless the number of white kids died that approximate the numbers of black and other kids who die will america see. >> joining me now, my esteemed audience of legal and political analysts. welcome all of you. especially bob beck he will complaining before we start. i got a question. does anybody here, can anybody here cite any evidence in the case, not your hypothesis, not your theory, evidence that this case was racial? if you can, raise your hand. right there. >> he followed him. he racially profiled him from the beginning -- >> give me the evidence. that's a theory. >> his heart may have been in the right place.
1:04 am
but our brains tell us to do something differently. in this country we are socialized to be afraid of black men. that is a fact. heart rate monitors prove it. that is what that fear that was going through george zimmerman when he followed him and stopped him and we have a history of -- >> where is the evidence? >> the dude -- the last seven people he called the 911 were all black kids. ask me -- are you kidding me? if that kid were white, you think he'd be dead? are you kidding me? >> i think he'd be dead if he punched him and banged his head. >> look, look. >> i've been dead 15 times. >> you can inject race into this case all you want, there was no evidence of it at all. the people angered by this verdict, sean are angered on broader social issues not relative to legal issues or facts of the case. >> in all aspects of our life. we have to acknowledge it. this is an opportunity --
1:05 am
>> a black person dies, therefore it's a racial issue. >> hang on. let me calm the waters for a second. hang on one second. i'm asking. that's your theory. that's your theory. what we're looking for is evidence. peter johnson, you're a lawyer. >> yes. >> you have to bring evidence into a court of law. >> there was no evidence of racial bias or prejudice or animus in this trial. on top of that, the fbi did an investigation more than a year ago. they interviewed about 40 witnesses. they found no basis of racial prejudice, bias, animus or frank racism on the part of mr. zimmerman. so bob beckell can make a political statement not based in fact, based on his own speculati speculation, his own presumption and loud mouth. but it's not true. >> there is no evidence -- >> what about the seven guys profiled that he did were all black kids. do you think he did that with white kids? >> on the basis of race, there's no evidence, bob. you can say it. >> let me go up.
1:06 am
david webb in the back. go ahead. >> first of all, the only racist or close to racist statement was creepy ass cracka and is wasn't made by george zimmerman. two, the break-ins that happened were done by blacks. therefore, if you're profiling by thug or by instances, you would look and say if there are blacks, you look for to. profiling is a tool. racism is different than profiling. unfortunately, what they're talking about is the jesse jackson like race profiteer, race grievance industry that says everything is about race. america is a racist nation. it's a ridiculous theory. >> i want to ask you a question. >> sure. >> because if this was a crime-ridden neighborhood, david is right. most of the crimes were committed by black men leading up to this incident. but he was close to the house. he wasn't walking on the sidewalk. i suspect to get out of the rain. that's my theory. >> right. i don't think there was --
1:07 am
racial profiling is not -- it's not just, it's not legal. the new jersey state troopers got in trouble for profiling african-americans just because they fit a particular identity of who were committing these crimes, doesn't mean that all african-americans are guilty of robbing houses. but what i wanted to say is, my legal mind says there's no evidence of racial. >> there's no evidence. >> but in my -- what i think is going on in the black community is people are feeling that there's a heightened level of fear of black men. which caused that. >> noelle? >> the media created this. if you'll remember. the media created white versus black. in all reality, zimmerman is hispanic and he's a whitney hispanic at that. >> white hispanic and self-proclaimed hispanic. >> from peru. we cannot say white versus black because there are -- there's no such thing almost white anymore. we're so much of a blended society. so media created this racial
1:08 am
problem with this case. >> borel i? >> what's really concerning is how we see those on the left continue to play the race card. the ruling has been handed down. investigations were done. it was proven that he wasn't racist with this issue. it's a sad tragedy, but it's not just the left -- you also have the naacp, for example, who was continuing to beat the drum that this was a racial issue. i was at the convention last week and i heard a lot of nonsense that was dictated to people in the audience and really they were being brainwashed. people need to think for themselves, look at the facts that were on the table and not follow the crowd. >> i brought this up and i'll throw this to bob. i know your dad fought in the civil rights movement, bob, and you did when you were a young man. does somebody who takes a black woman to the prom, mentors black children for free in his spare time that stood up for a homeless black man against the
1:09 am
sanford police department, does that fit the profile of a racist? this is an important part. >> i've been brutally attacked or embarrassed. i believe the evidence that was presented, i agree that the guy, there was no evidence of racism. i agree with it. it wasn't brought in. i it should have been. i agree with the jury verdict. but that doesn't change the fact that what's going on in this country, you suggest people shouldn't react. then we take the few instances of violence at a couple of demonstrations. 98% were perfectly peaceful. >> kimberly guilfoyle. >> i go with bob on a daily basis. >> you have my sympathy. >> condolences as well. >> bob and others who feel that this case was racially motivated that george zimmerman was a racist, there isn't any evidence that they can point to. the fact of the matter is, if george zimmerman was an african-american male, he would still have the same exact right of self-defense. that's what this case came down
1:10 am
to legally. in the state of florida shall the prosecution has the burden to prove that george zimmerman -- >> they didn't do it, did they? >> they did not. you heard from the jurors. they listened to all the jurors. what i found is ignorance on people making statements about the case that didn't follow it. don't have the transcripts, didn't follow the evidence in the case. >> don't know the law. >> that's the problem. >> let me go to -- >> the people who changed america know the law. and they've been told all of these arguments before. if you go back to montgomery, people heard the same things about you have to look at the business, you have to look at the facts. the reality is this. this is not a legal question any longer. it's a justice question. >> that's right. >> justice question -- no, the question now -- >> trial is not a justice question. >> jurors are not impanelled for -- jurors are not impaneled to -- >> don't grandstand. >> guys, guys. one at a time. >> sean, i thought i had the
1:11 am
floor. >> here's what people will try to do. status quo will change the subject. but the fact of the matter is that americans are outraged and are going to do something about it. >> what does that mean? do what? >> change is coming right now. >> what change? do what? >> change the fact that black young people are -- >> what are you going to do? >> we're going to impact public policy. >> this is a change that needs to happen. >> hang on a second. joe tacopina. >> you're hearing nothing about the facts. when i hear this stuff, the protests are not about trayvon martin was killed. there are not a lot of protests when this was going on. the protests were based on the verdict. people are angered by the verdict. jurors are not impaneled to right historical wrongs. what's wrong in this case. don't paint george zimmerman a hero. i've heard people do that, too. that's crazy. what needs to be done is the ridiculous laws in florida, the
1:12 am
stand-your-ground law is excessive. needs to be changed. you can't put that on this case and this jury. >> monica crowley. >> there's a lot of conversation here about the law in this case. the law is irrelevant to the race hustlers and political opportunists that have been fanning the flames of this case. remember, they're all on the left whether it's barack obama, the attorney general, eric holder, al sharpton, the naacp. what they have done is what the left has done for decades, which is that they need the division. they've divide us by race, class, gender, ethnic group, age. they continue to do it because they need the divisions in order to divide and conquer. not about bringing america together. it's about dividing us. >> we'll come back to the studio audience i promise in mere seconds. first, we'll stop to remember the real reason we're here tonight and we're going to talk about trayvon martin coming up next. trayvon martin, the family attorney daryl parks will join me in stew studio and hundreds
1:13 am
of justice for trayvon rallies are expected tomorrow. we'll talk to somebody who is attending and organizing one of the rallies. on this special edition of hannity continues.
1:14 am
1:15 am
1:16 am
african-american boys are painted with a broad-brush and
1:17 am
the excuse is given, well, there are these statistics out there that african-american boys are more violent. using that as an excuse to seasons treated differently causes pain. i think the american community is not naive in understanding that statistically somebody like trayvon martin was more likely to be shot by a peer than he was by somebody else. so folks understand the challenges that exist for african-american boys. but they get frustrated, i think, if they feel there's no context for it. and that context is being denied.
1:18 am
and that all contributes, i think, to a sense that if a white male teen was involved in the same kind of scenario, that from top to bottom both the outcome and the aftermath might have been different. now, the question for me at least and i think for a lot of folks is, where do we take this? how do we learn some lessons from this and move in a positive direction? before we continue our about race relations. we can't forget that martin was a young man who tragically lost his life in the shooting. joining me now is daryl parks. you've been on the show a couple times. thank you for being here. >> let me go. you and the family made this statement. let me play it for our audience.
1:19 am
>> let's be clear about it. very clear. this family does not want race as a part of this process and does not believe it should be a part of this process. >> do you feel the same way now? >> i do. let me explain, sean. that same day we heard don west talked -- this family understands and our judicial system you never want race to be a part of the decision to make people choose sides when you're in front of a jury. now, it would be intellectually dishonest to say there's not a racial under tone to this case. for purposes of a jury trial, you don't want anything with a racial bias whatsoever. >> this decision, i a grum you disagree with it? >> i do. >> what is this racial under tone that you're talking about? >> for lawyers who try cases, it's so important to understand jury intellect. when you listen to what that
1:20 am
juror said, describing rachel jeantel as inadequate. >> she said she didn't think she was a good witness? >> that's fine. but don't think owe o. >> are you calling the juror a racist. >> what happened with her, i don't agree with her ideology, because a person may not be as smart as you, that person can't be truthful. you and i know that. >> let's talk about the fbi who opened an investigation 219 months ago. no information that zimmerman has antipathy, animosity in his heart. >> in america, right, fbi investigates cases. they turn money over to the u.s. attorneys. they decide whether charges are brought or not. that's how it goes in our country. >> do you have a problem with their reopening this. it seemed like they didn't like the verdict, so now they'll go at him this way. >> in our country, that's part
1:21 am
of how we operate. >> you don't get the verdict you want, you go at it a different way. >> the state can choose to prosecute and the fets can. >> the one juror that you referred to and the others as well apparently, they concluded that screen was from george zimmerman. doesn't it make sense considering he had a broken nose and trayvon was ground and pounding him. doesn't it makes sense that the guy on the ground. >> the guy who lost the fight is the guy with the gunshot. >> i understand. there is a part of this case that's difficult for you and the march continues to j grasp. i feel sorry for the parents. i said this is a tragic misunderstanding. i think trayvon was close to the house to get out of the rain. i think george sees somebody he doesn't know in the nibd and the two collide. the eyewitness puts trayvon on top of george, broken nose,
1:22 am
laceratio lacerations, beaten up. he played a part in what happened here. >> two things, he told his fend that if trayvon was on top. that trayvon's legs were up by his armpits. george describes the gun as being back here. what he tried to describe in his reaction -- in his recreation of what happened, is not physically possible. and so i believe his story is totally to the not true in terms of what he said. >> you're trying to get in the middle -- i can't remember what i said five minutes ago to bob beckell. you're trying to get somebody in the heat of the moment to understand. i don't think you can get into it. >> you have to. at this point, i agree with the jurors, the point that really matters is the very last few seconds when he were fighting in terms of what was going on between the two of them. george zimmerman knew the cops were on the way. they walk around the corner. >> eric holder is talking about safe retreat. we learned since this case that
1:23 am
in the state of florida, black black floridians have used the stapd your ground law with a higher success rate than white floridians. is it right to get rid of that law? >> there are blacks, the chance of a white person -- has been greater as well. it's greater in terms of the actual success rate, there's a difference. >> if you're a black victim and the white person using the ground as a higher he will -- >> do you think it will be a civil case file? sflielt we're looking at that. there's a lot of things that go into making that decision. we did not include george in that part of the case. we have a right to go after him. that's a more involved process. the stand your ground hearing would play a role in it. we have to look at that as well. >> are you going to stay with our panel? >> you're not going to sit next to beckell are you? >> i'll sit next to anybody ib.
1:24 am
we'll be back with political experts and commentators. justice for trayvon. protests anticipated tomorrow. we'll talk to someone planning to attend the rallies and find out what he wants t
1:25 am
1:26 am
1:27 am
♪ understandable that there have been demonstrations and
1:28 am
vigils and protests and some of that stuff will have to work its way through as long as it remains nonviolent. if i see any violence, i will remind folks that that dishonors what happened to trayvon martin and his family. >> in just a moment we'll go back to our studio audience. protests are expected in more than a hundred cities on saturday in what's being called a justice for trayvon national day of action. demonstrators now intend to press the federal government to bring a civil rights case against george zimmerman. al sharpton who is behind the rallies says the case against george zimmerman is far from over. even though a jury found him 100% innocent last weekend. here to explain what it is to achieve from the protests, family pastor, michael j.t. fisher and joining us cleo monday ong owe and ella tend tomorrow's rally.
1:29 am
guys, why? tell us why, cleo? >> because the community is outraged and concerned about what happened to young trayvon and the community is in an uproar. we want to make sure that some constructive outcomes come of this process. i heard your comments about a theory and people not speaking about this in terms of theories. one thing that's not a theory at all, a young man minding his own business was tracked, suddenly stalked and then died. that's true. not a theory. he was innocent. didn't do anything wrong. >> cleo, i got to interrupt you. that's your theory. >> no, it's not a theory that he was -- he was minding his own business. >> you're saying he stalked. there's no evidence to show that. >> it's not a theory that he was innocent. are we arguing about that? >> actually we are. it's illegal to break somebody's nose, jump on top of them and beat the crap out of them. >> he was walking down the street minding his own business before someone came up on him
1:30 am
who he didn't know and accused him of something. the part when i say innocent, he went to get tea and skittles and that's an innocent thing to do and he's on his way home. >> i don't disagree that there's a horrible misunderstanding here. >> that's what i mean by innocent. i want to be clear. >> but you still -- because you don't like the fact that maybe a guy is looking and checking you out, that doesn't give you the right to break his nose. >> right. >> it doesn't give you the right to jump on top of him and beat the crap out of him. >> if i was somewhere and i went in your face and assaulted you and accused you of something, you would not sit there calmly, likely. you might say what's going on here, be defensive because suddenly you're a crook or criminal and all you want today do was get some tea. as a person who has been through that, it's hard to sit through that. >> i think it's a horrible misunderstanding. but the moment that trayvon and i'll throw this to the pastor. actively physically engaged and went after zimmerman and there's
1:31 am
no evidence to suggest -- >> that's a theory. >> i agree. there's no evidence to suggest. the only injures injuries until the shooting were to george zimmerman. pastor, i want to get you to jump in here. give me your thoughts. >> yeah. well, i think initially your question was why are we doing these rallies? >> yeah. >> i hate that they call them protests. it's actually a time to come together. greater zion has been doing this for 13 years. we're in the heart of compton. we've seen our share of violence and bloodshed. so the purpose of us bringing these rallies together is to gallon van ice the community, bring everyone together and cause them to really think about our conscious state when it comes to when we look at other people and life and the value of life. i think that's what this is all about. when you cross the line and you kill someone and you take a life, then you know, you really have to start saying what's wrong with that person's concept. i know without a shadow of a
1:32 am
doubt that if anyone was being followed, if anyone was being harassed, they would turn around and dee fepd themselves. it doesn't make it all right or okay, but that's something people will do under pressure. the purpose of this rally, though, is to bring everyone together and cause them to rethink. >> but if you live in an area that's high crime and you see somebody you don't know and that person is close to a house and there's been a lot of robberies, it's kind of logical to think, uh-oh, here we go again. i think a lot of people dismissing that. so i don't think george zimmerman intent here was to do anything but protect his neighborhood. i guess after this nobody is going to want to do that. cleo, i want to ask you this. there are four examples now, one in baltimore, one in mississippi, one in memphis, fwhone in wisconsin. where there have been beatings with the words saying this is for trayvon.
1:33 am
some people are concerned there's going to be incendiary used at the rallies. >> the intent of this event is to bring calm, focus and con scrubbing tiff decision-making to our community to go forward and weigh -- might have a positive outcome, how we're treated and how we treat each other. what people across the country, i don't think that's relevant to what we're doing. i want to reiterate, when someone is seeing something where a person didn't do anything wrong, getting tea. he died at the hand of somebody who didn't know them, saw them suspicious, and all they did was walk home. >> trayvon martin's girlfriend said yesterday that she thinks he threw the first pun. >> she wasn't there either. she was the key witness for the prosecution. >> the screams and who threw the first punch is irrelevant. if i was walking down the street and i saw somebody sneaking up on me, i would be concerned and
1:34 am
worried. would you hit them? >> i might be scared. if they confronted me, i've been through before in my life. who are you, what's going on here? >> that's your theory. >> would you walk away from somebody and they -- >> you don't know that that happened. >> i'm not making up any more than what you're making up. >> the bottom line, though -- >> i'm giving you -- here's what we've got. here's the facts. >> this is a fact right here. >> we got an eyewitness, we got injuries consistent with george zimmerman's story and the iowans's story. that's why he was acquitted. >> the fact of the matter is trayvon was minding his own business. he looked out the window -- >> he threw h. >> well, he was minding his own business. the guy who threw the punch stepped up on him out of the sky blue. he didn't know the guy. >> you don't know that. i got to go.
1:35 am
i got to say something real quick. >> let me say this real quick. >> real quick. >> that's the reason why it's necessary that we do these rallies and it's necessary that we keep thaem peaceful. weave had a track record of doing this rally 13 years in a row. as a result, there's been decrease in crime. we're hoping that all of these rallies happening around the kunly there help us respect each other's life. it's not okay to take someone's life. >> i am predicting -- i will bet by the time i get back on the air member, we're going to have a lot of tape of a lot of incendiary language wanl. i hope i'm wrong. i'm going to watch clesly but i would expect that some guys will go over the top. just my guess. i hope not. >> you go over the top too. >> that's true, i do. that's a good point, beck, all right. >> up next, i'll turn to this great studio audiences of geniuses, including beckell.
1:36 am
1:37 am
1:38 am
1:39 am
1:40 am
welcome back to the special edition of "hannity." we have already heard from the attorney for trayvon martin's parents as well as organizers and attendees of this trayvon martin protest this weekend. it's time to bring back our studio audience to react to that and more. do you expect incendiary language over the weekend? >> absolutely. you have the guys like reverend sharpton who incite this stuff for a living. to incite this type of stuff. >> stoking the -- >> >> ratcheting up the anger? >> absolutely, and it's absolutely wrong. let's honor trayvon by everything from trying to fix stands your ground law, that's fine. by asking the justice department to investigate, even though i don't think they'll find anything. let's be constructive with this.
1:41 am
>> during the trial, 61 people in chicago killed. does anybody here know any of their names? does that impact your thinking about why this case? >> well, i think this case because certain people who shall remain nameless but who's interviewing me say things like this is an anti-zimmerman protest. no, it's not. it isn't an anti-zimmerman protest. i have said and i have written about how i respect, how i respect the jurors, i respect the verdict. but that does not mean that this was not racially motivated. this shooting -- >> counselor, give me the evidence. >> this shooting did not occur outside of zimmerman's car. zimmerman got out of the car, he stopped him. >> not illegal. >> it's not illegal. >> he didn't have to do it. the police, the dispatcher told him, zimmerman was not asked, zimmerman got out of that car, trayvon martin was not at the car. >> where is he now?
1:42 am
the 11 operate -- the 911 operator said where is he now? doesn't that suggest that he should go look? >> what does that suggest? >> i have heard some things here, people are saying things that are just disregarding the facts of this case. >> like what? >> like the evidence in this case of him being racially motivated, is zero. or him being a racist. >> he called the police over five times. all african-american. this was a racist man who was out to get a black man. >> let me go to carol swain, carol? >> what's been troubling me the most, is when we have the media discussions, that trayvon is being presented as he was innocent young child, you know, there was the image of him maybe being 14 or 15. there was evidence that he was like so many of you are young black men, that he had problems, he was headed in the wrong direction. that's totally ridiculous. let me finish.
1:43 am
>> what is your point? that he smoked marijuana? >> my point is that we should be having a discussion about crime in the black community, the fact that so many young blacks are killing each other. we're having the wrong discussion, and i believe that politically, all this stirring the pot is to take black people's minds off their real problems. off the unemployment. >> who agrees with that? >> i agree with that. >> hands up. who disagrees with that? one, two. darryl, i'll let you respond. there was the issue of the texts with trayvon about fighting and he had smoked pot that night. does that impact his mind? >> not at all. it would have made him relaxed if anything. sean, here's what it does, though. the awareness of trayvon's life helps us understand each other a little bit better. if nothing else, there was a disconnect between george zimmerman that night and what trayvon was doing. and detective sarino said it correctly. twice he asked george, did you tell him who you were?
1:44 am
he said sir, no i didn't. >> i think there was a misunderstanding. i think it's a tragic, sad, misunderstanding. and i promised tom, and we'll get back to you pastor. when we come back, we'll have more with our studio audience as this special edition of "hannity" returns. ñá@@"d @
1:45 am
1:46 am
1:47 am
1:48 am
welcome back to this special edition of "hannity." tom burrelly, you were at the naacp convention with your wife. carol was bringing up a good point. how do we go forward? >> we're not going to go forward by using the naacp, which was one of the biggest brainwashing sessions i have ever been. very, very high on emotion and very, very low on fact and nothing on solutions. for example, ben was talking about the coal fired power plants being closed but he never talked about the higher electricity prices which would make unemployment higher in the black community. it was high in emotion. i just wanted to make a point about nbc. all roads go back to nbc because they were the ones that introduced race in this issue. and now they're going to double down in allowing sharpton to run around the country, the suits at comcast which owns nbc, they must be insane.
1:49 am
they're going to be exposing themselves to so many lawsuits if violence breaks out. >> i pray not. pastor? >> the first part of this evening is supposed to be about it zimmerman verdict and race. >> to go back for a minute and think about if a black man was found with a pistol standing over a dead white boy, could he go home? >> yes. >> and there's no reasonable person in america who would think -- it took 44 days to bring in george zimmerman. so the issue, i'm not talking about the trial. the point i'm talking about is racial issues. the larger question, and the reason we have such passion here is because we see things so radically different. and if we're going to have improved relations, we're going to have to talk about how we're going to get to a better place. >> a men. i've walked with the reverend here in new york on race issues and i have a new friend in darrell, and when we disagree we have got to disagree in a way that's important and useful and constructive in this country. but i would say go back to
1:50 am
clarence darrow, he defended his home with other folks. he was a black man. he was acquitted on a charge of murder by an all white jury in the 1920s. we can rise above conflict and discord in this country if we walk together. i can disagree with darrell about his view on this case big-time because i don't think the jurors were racist and i don't think that george zimmerman was proven to be racist. >> allen west said where was the naacp when a white man shot a -- twas one-sided. >> we got to be careful with equating this with -- >> in chicago, you're talking about a two gangs who are fighting over drugs. there's a war going on there, a lot of people are going to die. a lot of innocent people are going to be hurt in the process. but going back to the zimmerman thing. i don't disagree, i guess with the evidence they had, but we have the right, every right in the world to say that that stand your ground law is ridiculous
1:51 am
and that zimmerman was a wuss. >> tacopina? >> i don't think there's a lot of people. i was speaking off camera. i don't think almost anyone on this panel saying that should be repealed. the stand your ground law, the way it stands is this, here's why it's unreasonable and here it's why a lot of people who want to blow someone's brains out get away with it. you can be in a situation where you have the right to defend yourself. most civilized states in this country say when you're defending yourself, you can use deadly force, you do have a duty to retreat first. >> hang on. let me stop you. >> you know what the problem is counselor, because then you embolden the criminal. you shift the burden of proof on to the victim, counselor. >> then it makes anybody with a gun say i can get out of here, i can escape, but i don't want to, i want to blow your brains out. >> the criminal has carte blanche. >> the stand your ground law was not applicable in the zimmerman case. >> that's a great point.
1:52 am
>> the defense elected not to pursue that as a defense. they did not present it to judge nelson because rightly so they believed they would be defeated on that. that news and evidence would go out in front of everybody. they decided on the self-defense law which is the law in all the states and federal. >> that is not the only solution to this, we have got to figure out how to value black men's lives in america more. we are not -- >> it's not about calling people race hustlers, it's not about calling people thugs. if you're going to call trayvon martin a thug, then you call zimmerman a racist. you have to get action. >> hello. >> real quick. >> i have had a brother that was murdered by young black males and i have raised two young black men so i know about race in america and i think we're having the wrong conversation. >> all right, we got to take a break, when we come back, i promise, noel, you're next.
1:53 am
1:54 am
1:55 am
welcome back to the special edition of hannity as we continue with our studio audience of great political pundits and brilliant people. up to noel, you wanted to jump in? >> i just wanted to say, if we want to blame anyone, the reason why we're all sitting here, the reason why this is in the media all the time is because the media enjoys this. it sells ads, look at all the tv channels. that doesn't mean that there aren't race issues that we have to discuss here.
1:56 am
we have to discuss the issues of black men killing black men. tamara, all these rallies, you are wrong. this is a media created frenzy. >> can i ask a common sense question. >> we often hear this in the last few days about the vol of black life. i didn't realize there was a difference between black life, white life, hispanic, polish, asian or whatever. >> look at the big picture here, the big picture is that the prosecution overcharged zimmerman. they never should have overcharged zimmerman. the jury could have focused on manslaughter. so it's squarely on the prosecution. race relations needs improvement. this is a good dialog. >> you can see in the country and you can see in this conversation here tonight on the show, sean, that the left and the race hustlers have gotten exactly what they want which is to divide america. wait a minute. let me finish. the so-called black leaders in this country are running a pulse of victim hood that has the
1:57 am
intended consequence of keeping the black community down. >> we don't need you to define black leaders. thank you very much. we can choose our own leaders, like every other group in america. >> all right, fine, she's a white woman, i'm a black man and i'll say it, there are race hustlers, race profiteers, al sharpton. we don't need -- >> we have chosen our -- and that makings it legitimate. >> all right. >> peter. >> racism is a problem in this country. >> there's a small minority. most americans are not racist. >> and we all need to work at it. but in terms of this room, left and right, there are no race hustlers, there are people on this panel that want to discuss these issues. >> seriously. >> the zimmerman case is a focal point for discussion of race in america, it's become one. it's up to us and the people on this panel and all the people watching to decide whether we do it responsibly based on the information. >> darrell, you have the last word.
1:58 am
>> here's the deal, we all have to make an effort to get to know each other better. that's the real problem. >> we get along great. we disagree, but we get along. >> if we can talk and get to know each other, then we have respect. respect is the issue. >> you've all been great. >> a lot of the uproar in the community is because they don't understand how the legal system works and how evidence works and things like that. >> true. >> that's a great point. all right, that is all the time we have left this evening. as always, thank you for being with us. let not your heart be troubled, the news continues right here on fox and we'll see you back here on monday. kate middleton rushed to the
1:59 am
hospital just hours ago ready to give birth to the royal baby. we have complete coverage of the big day. you are watching "fox & friends" on this monday morning and we certainly appreciate it. we'll continue to be on royal baby watch. i'm heather childers. >> i'm browne. >> royal watcher neil sean joins us now live from london. are you there? >> morning, how are you? >> we're doing great. it sounds like the duchess is doing better and finally ready to give birth. what is the latest you are hearing there? >> you have to feel basically for this duchess. everybody here is almost thinking what's going on. finally we got this great news at 6:00 a.m. that she had been
2:00 am
taken into hospital. what everybody is kind of doing now and the media pack right outside st. mary's hospital. the biggest media scene i've seen in a long time. and so far no news, but that's good news, apparently. >> all right, so, she's in the wing of the hospital who the gynecologist came out of retirement for this occasion. all indications that everything is okay in there. she has been there for several hours. is it the early stages of labor or is she past that? do we know? >> it's not the easiest time. certainly not the most glamorous time as we all know. i think what is important, actually, just the mechanics of what has gone on before she arrived at the hospital. late last night all of her things were taken over there via one of

68 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on