Skip to main content

tv   The O Reilly Factor  FOX News  September 30, 2013 5:00pm-6:01pm PDT

5:00 pm
that is a fox report for monday, september 30th, 2013. i'm jon scott in for shepard smith. we will be back tomorrow and the factor is up next. >> bill: the o'reilly factor is on. tonight: >> none of this is acceptable. this is just a blatant extortion. >> the partisan chaos in washington continues over obama care. and many americans could get hurt. tonight, we'll bring you the latest on this disgraceful exposition and charles krauthammer will analyze. >> you are suggesting that you are the chosen one, bill. >> i am not the chosen one. >> bill: what did you think about the "60 minutes" interview last night. we will read some of your comments and goldberg will weigh in. >> also this evenings, watters world goes to the united nations immediately. causing trouble. >> now, be honest are you ever fallen asleep at one
5:01 pm
of these u.n. meetings? >> bill: caution, you are about to enter the no spin zone. the factor begins right now. >> bill: hi, i'm bill o'reilly. thanks for watching us tonight. the latest on the obama care fiasco. here is where we are right now. the house expected to send yet another bill back to the senate that says this should an one year delay forcing americans to buy health insurance. the new measure would force members of congress and their employees to pay the full boat for their health coverage rather than get any subsidies. if the senate says no, which, of course, it will. the government could shut down except for essential supervisors. earlier today president obama sounded defiant. >> the affordable care act is moving forward. that funding is already in place. you can't shut it down.
5:02 pm
this is a law that passed both houses of congress, a law that bears my signature. a law that the supreme court upheld as constitutional. a law that voters chose not to repeal last november. a law that is already providing benefits to millions of americans. >> bill: but surely president obama can grant a waiver to folks who are not ready to sign up for obama care. he has done that for corporations and other concerns, right? the big problem is that obama care is a mess. no one knows how many doctors will participate. no one knows what the levelx of care will be. will it take weeks to see a physician or schedule minor surgery? so the solution is to give americans a choice. if you want to sign up beginning tomorrow for obama care, you can. if you want to opt out, you can for at least a year. then we will see if the affordable healthcare act is indeed affordable or a nightmare. the congressional health
5:03 pm
stuff a ruse should be discarded immediately. huge are in play. not doing background checks to certify incomes. could lie get a subsidy not entitled to. potential for fraud is massive. while the cost of health policy may go down for some, the deductible could go up and you get hosed. many companies like home depot stopping medical insurance coverage completely for part-time employees and some insurers like etna backing away from policies associated with obama care. so confusion reigns. but the big thing is the doctors. how many of them will participate? a shortage of doctors, disastrous. president obama and the republicans should have hashed all this out months ago, but both parties are too busy playing politics to look out for the folks. talking points believes a compromise will eventually
5:04 pm
be released all this drama reenfors the belief that measure system is rotten and corrupt. and tonight it's hard to say it's not. joining us from washington, charles krauthammer. so, i don't think president obama is give in after syria. that's the problem. he can't give in or he looks even weaker than he looked a couple of weeks ago, right? >> is he not going to give in because this is going to give him political advantage. this is a lifeline for an administration that's drowning. his numbers are low. the administration is in disaway. humiliated abroad, economy stuck in the mud at home. he really has got nowhere to go. i think they have been hoping for a shutdown because obama then gets to go on the stage and to give all that stuff that you showed in your introduction. this is a law of the land. i'm upholding the law except for one thing. it's completely lawless. he unilaterally changed about 17 provisions in the law after it was passed. >> bill: that's right. >> you are not allowed to
5:05 pm
do that under our system. but then he says that the republicans are the ones who are being unreasonable because they want to amend another provision. and as you pointed out, obama already suspended it for the big guys, for big business you get a year of grace. but if you are a little individual, you don't get anything. >> bill: why doesn't he just say -- i think it all has to do with syria because i think he -- they are playing this macho game, you are right in the sense that the president is gambling that the republican party is just going to implode from this. >> it's not. >> that hurts americans. >> it's not much of a gamble. because of he has got the press a supine press on his side. that insists on saying it's the republicans who are at fault. you raised in your talking points, the issue of how come these guys are all the problems you pointed out, the sirius contra contradictions and difficultiesed in the law. the doctors who are going to quit. all the stuff that you mentioned. you said why didn't republicans and the president work all this out and compromise over the
5:06 pm
last month, the reason is. this the republicans are right in believing that the bill that was passed, this monstrosity, that no one read, is so complicated, so contradictory, so overregulated, so impossible that there is no way to salvage it. they went about this completely the wrong way. if you want to insure the uninsured which i believe a decent society ought to do. you look at that problem and look at it seriously. you don't remake 18% of the u.s. economy. >> you can do that in a compromise situation. >> no, you can't. not with the law. >> i'm president obama and i say you know what? all right. we. >> got the a lot of problems with thing and haven't been ironed out. the people who going to sign up beginning tomorrow we will sign up. we will do what we said we are going to do. the other people who like a waiver. you apply for the waiver whether it's in the post
5:07 pm
office, the irs, whatever you do, and you will be granted a one year grace period like we did with the corporations, what's wrong with that? what's wrong with it is all the other stuff you mentioned. the doctors who are quitting, the cleveland clinic. >> let's see how that unfolds. let's see it. >> look, tomorrow we are going to begin to see what are called the euphemistically the glitches. it's not the glitches. the entire approach of reforming 18% of the economy with thousands of pages of regulation written by experts who don't know anything in the end each had side effects. which are going to it interact with a way nobody understands. it was completely the wrong way to go about this in the first place. >> looking at it now from hindsight. >> it's not hindsight. that's why the g.o.p. that's why the republicans don't want to abolish it. >> they don't have the power to abolish it. >> i understand. that doesn't mean that they should sit down and try to amend a bill of this
5:08 pm
complexity and this regulation where it is unamendable, unfixable. >> bill: but they buy themselves a year, charles. if the republican party comment pro-mize i talked to you a foof them and they said they would. the hardliners wouldn't but most of the republicans would. if they buy themselves a year, republican party into the 2014 election and as you say the monstrosity collapses. doctors leave. you can't get an appointment. the money is all over the place. the deductibles are humongous, people are getting laid off from jobs, then it's over. it's over the republicans win. they win then. you give it a year to see if they can win. >> look, but that's what the republicans just are passing as we speak. which is to give a individual mandate. look, i agree with you entirely, the strategy i would have chosen would have been to do nothing right now. allow it to go into effect. the stories in the press tomorrow instead of being
5:09 pm
about the glitches, the disasters, the people who can't sign up, all the contradictions as you said, the honor system that you have to rely on, computers that cannot calculate what your premium is, what your subsidy is. instead of the story being about how unwieldy and impossible is the bill, it's going to be all about a shutdown, about the panda cam at the national zoo shutdown over the government shutdown. it's the wrong story if you believe as i do and as the g.o.p. does that it's an impossible monstrosity, then why not let it go into effect and the country was go into effect because too much invested in them protecting the folks from it. you are not going to see a ted cruz ohio think we are going to have on the factor tomorrow to gore that. let it go and it could blow the democratic party up entirely we see it as being
5:10 pm
a terrible thing. >> you are right. i think what the g.o.p. has done is to throw the democrats a lifeline. and that's very unfortunate. because it deserves to die. >> all right. charles. thanks very much. next on the rundown, juan and mary katharine will react to the chaos. later on the factor, bernie goldberg on the 60 minutes piece last night. and jesse watters goes to the u.n. this piece is a riot. you have got to watch this. you are coming right back. ♪ [ male announcer ] may your lights always be green. [ tires reech ] ♪ [ beeping ] ♪ may you never be stuck behind a stinky truck. [ beeping ] ♪ may things always go your way. but it's good to be prepared... just in case they don't. toyota. let's go places, safely.
5:11 pm
and better is so easy withrning. you cabenefiber.o something better for yourself. fiber that's taste-free, grit-free and dissolves completely. so you can feel free to add it to anything. and feel better about doing it. better it with benefiber. ♪ because an empty pan is a blank canvas. ♪ [ woman #2 ] to share a moment. ♪ [ man #1 ] to remember my grandmother. [ woman #3 ] to show my love. ♪ [ woman #4 ] because life needs flavor. ♪ [ woman #5 ] to travel the world without leaving home. [ male announcer ] whatever the reason. whatever the dish. make it delicious with swanson. [ woman #1 ] that's why i cook.
5:12 pm
♪ [ male announcer ] 1.21 gigawatts. today, that's easy. ge is revolutioning power. supercharging turbines with advanced hardware and innovative software. using data predictively to help power entire cities. so the turbines of today... will power us all... into the future. ♪ [ babies crying ] surprise -- your house was built on an ancient burial ground. [ ghosts moaning ] surprise -- your car needs a new transmission. [ coyote howls ] how about no more surprises? now you can get all the online trading tools you need without any surprise fees. ♪ it's not rocket science. it's just common sense. from td ameritrade.
5:13 pm
>> bill: chaos caused by the washington and the president. joining us is mary katharine ham and juan williams. what's the headline for you tonight, juan and what do you think is going to happen? >> i think you are going to have a government shutdown come midnight, bill. the shutdown goes on 3 to 7 days. at the end of that period what you are going to see is something we started to
5:14 pm
see tonight moderate republicans led by peter king and others starting to say this is not good for republicans. this is going to hurt us politically at the polls in 2014 to repeat what you and charles said in the first segment this is a loss. >> bill: if they surrender, republicans have to get something back. they can't just surrender. >> it's not a matter of surrender. it's a matter of understanding your self-interest. and in this case saying to the tea party element, listen, you can now go to your base and say we did it all. we shut down the government. you won. but we can't do it right now. we are going to continue the fight. >> it doesn't make any sense. if the republicans surrender then it's a loss for them. if they don't surrender. government shut down have what you have and get this with carl rove. how do you see it mary katharine? >> there is danger in a shutdown also for republicans. there is danger with the base if they don't continue
5:15 pm
this. i think there is a chance before midnight tonight just because deadlines are what they are and they do with what they do with human nature. there might be something that scweex out at the end. >> bill: look, we are going to have live coverage by the way. >> so basically all of these bills go over to the senate. they reject them. boehner goes to his caucus. even conservatives and says look, we tried all this stuff and it doesn't work. and then they take the fight to the debt ceiling. >> that would mean the republicans surrender that's how it would be reported. >> certainly some people would be mad about it i do think as charles referred to them because of a supine press that a lot of the blame will go to republicans. there is some polling that suggests in the shutdown obama would be blamed some as well. the other danger for democrats, i think in a shutdown is one when these bills go over to the senate and red state democrats reject them. these are popular measures. when it comes to obama care, delaying the individual mandate as you noted or making congress live with obama care. instead of getting injunction. those guy also have to answer for those votes. >> they are voting against
5:16 pm
it. >> look, juan, come on. this is days os, juan. and. >> it is not. >> sure it is. >> what chaos. they haven't even started yet and you are calling it chaos. >> i will give you one juan. not going to do background checks on income. so anybody can walk in there and say hey, give me free health insurance. i don't have any money. >> bill, that is not a reason to stop. >> it's not a reason. rampant fraud. >> taking place against fraud. >> come on. >> rampant fraud is not a reason. >> tell me that's not chaotic. >> no, it's not chaotic. >> they don't know how many doctors are going to participate. they don't know anything about. >> it we don't know how many participate with medicare and medicaid. >> i don't want to it add to the problem here. okay? this is a huge problem. you are forcing every american to go into a system that is not ready to take the american public. >> this is a total ruse. to pick up on what you said earlier, rotten and corrupt government being driven by extremists in the
5:17 pm
republican party. >> no it's not. >> it's not about obama care. >> it's a bad law, juan. it wasn't well thought out. >> bill o'reilly thinks it's a bad law, fine. it's the law of the land. >> all right. so what? >> it's the law of the land that they can tweak that law and do a whole bunch of things under our constitution. >> i'm sure juan is on board not meting with any of the laws of the land that he disagrees with because they are the law of the land. obama care has throughout this process broken every single promise it made to the american people. their coverage is not going to cost less in most cases. they are getting dropped from their plans. they can't keep their doctors. this stuff was reported in the "new york times," juan. can you believe it it it's not just me saying this stuff. when people go into the exchanges tomorrow and run into the gliches with the whole system breaking down it's because they did not prepare for this law. >> here is the problem tonight, all right? you have got two macho, this comes down to macho. president obama can't back down because he backed down over syria. he can't.
5:18 pm
he can't compromise. and boehner and the republicans can't back down because their base is so hopped up, so anti-obama care. so you have got -- they can't compromise because they have their individual situations, juan. >>. no let me just say that what's hopped up here is you have some outside groups. last week we talked a little bit about the talk radio folks. but you have got outside groups, freedom works, heritage, the senate conservative fund. all of them have been raising huge money by beating up on obama care and ted cruz was their hero. >> bill: so what. they hate the law. >> that's not about governing, bill. that's not about saying what's in the best from the of the folk of the american people. >> bill: i don't think ramming a chaotic law down america's throats is good government. >> what are you condemning before the fact. >> bill: all right. go ahead, mary katharine, 30 seconds, governmental he says it is not chaotic yet. watch tomorrow. see what goes on. a lot of this is going to fall apart. i think that is the story.
5:19 pm
watch what happens tomorrow and see how it works out. they didn't get prepared for this law. they weren't smart enough to do this right. >> new poll says most americans are blaming republicans for the obama care chaos. carl rove will examine that. did you see that 60 minutes piece on killing jesus in the factor last night? bernie goldberg did. he will have thoughts upcoming. [ indian accent ] which airline, sir? [ passenger ] united. whoa taxi! [ british accent ] what airline, then? [ passenger ] united. all right. [ spanish ] what airline? [ passenger ] united. ♪ [ mandarin ] which airline? [ passenger ] united. [ arabic ] which airline? [ passenger ] united. [ italian ] where are we going? [ passenger ] united. [ male announcer ] more stinations than any other airline. [ thai ] which airline do you fly? [ passenger ] united. [ male announcer ] that's great, big world frieny. ♪ [ male announcer ] that's maestro of project management. baron of the build-out. you need a permit...
5:20 pm
to be this awesome. and you...rent from national. because only national lets you choose any car in the aisle... and go. you can even take a full-size or above, and still pay the mid-size price. (aaron) purrrft. (vo) meee-ow, business pro. meee-ow. go national. go like a pro. but with advair, i'm breathing better. so now i can help make this a great block party. ♪ [ male announce ] advair is clinically proven to help significantly improve lung function. unlike most copd medications, advair contains both an anti-inflammatory and a long-acting bronchodilator working together to help improve your lung function all day. advair won't replace fast-acting inhalers for sudden symptoms and should not bused more than twice a day. people with copd taking advair may have a higher chance of pneumonia. advair may incrse your risk of osteoporosis some eye prlems.
5:21 pm
tell your doctor if you have a heart condition or high blood pressure before taking advair. ask your doctor if including advair could help improve your lung function. [ male announcer ] advair diskus fluticasone propionate and salmeterol inhalation powder. get your first prescription free and save on refills at advaircopd.com.
5:22 pm
>> bill: unresolved problem segment tonight. how do the folks see the government shut downmess. in the government shuts down who is at fault? >> bill: joining us from washington fox news analyst karl rove. polls surprise you? >> not really.
5:23 pm
it's at the higher range of these polls in terms of the gap between republicans and democrats but virtually every poll has shown republicans are getting -- would get blamed more if the government shut down. pew charitable trust also was in the field roughly at the same time the poll there was 339 republican. 36 democrat. to me, the context is interesting. because if you look at 1995, the public back then was willing to blame the republicans by a 19-point margin in a pew po. in a cnn poll the worst poll i have seen for republicans it's a 10 point margin. the electorate is more polarized and president obama is more polarizing than clinton was. the gap is nearly twice as large under clinton as it was under obama of them being willing to blame republicans. >> bill: krauthammer thinks this is a loser for the republican party all day long. they should have never got noon this mess. do you agree? >> yeah, i don't think they should have got noon this mess. i'm not sure i disagree how big a loser it's going to
5:24 pm
be. remember, look, we had 8 shutdowns during ronald reagan's time in government. jimmy carter had six shut downs and that's when the congress was controlled by the democrats it depend on whether it's 21 days as the shut down was in 1995. or if it is the one or two or three day shutdown like it was during the reagan era. i think what's going to happen matter for the republicans is the ending message. if the ending message was we wanted to apply the laws that effect all americans to the congress. if the president can give a waiver to the fat cats and the corporations and the unions, we want to give a waiver to the individuals so none of them have to fall under the mandate for 1020-14. that's a better message to go to the people with which was a better message than lu@dlier on.c >> that's compromise that republicans should embrace, you want to sign up and go on 00 exchanges, you go right ahead. we are not going to subvert the law that was passed. but, in the interest of fairness and clarity,
5:25 pm
because there is no clarity, mr. obama should give a waiver, to people who don't want to go in for a year. here is why he can't because of syria back up against the wall. plach though guy not going to give in and that's that. >> maybe. that's a mistake. he should have started this out from some reasonable ground. you always want to give your political opponent an out if you can if you are president. give the opposition a chance to have some sort of success. he would look bigger and better if he said okay, fine, you are right. we shouldn't let congress be subject to a different set of laws than the rest of america. you are right what's good for the goose is good for the gander. if i'm going to let the corporations go. we ought to let the individual mandate go for a year who would benefit to
5:26 pm
from it. >> bill: why is he doing it then. >> you are right. mind set is by god if i look like i'm giving in then i'm going to look weak. >> that's right. that's what it is all about now. personalities. >> if you started off in a different place so you wouldn't using this harsh language. >> i'm not talking about if you if you if you. this is where we are. ted cruz people. they are north going to bend. looking out for the folks. g.d. it we are going to do what we have got to do. if we blow it up, we blow it up. the president saying not i'm not backing down. look weak in syria. >> i want -- predict what's going to happen? what's going to happen? >> first of all, what's going to happen is that the house is going to vote within an hour to delay the individual mandate for a of its special privileges. that's going to go to the senate and the senate is going to table it. and that means it gets kicked right back to the house. i think the house leadership does not want to have the hot potato in their hands at midnight. they are going to do one of two things. strip out one of those provisions and send it back to the senate or strip them
5:27 pm
both out and give them a clean cr so by midnight they are in a place. >> bill: they are not going to do that. >> yes, they might. >> you think they might surrender in the house? >> they might. because, look, this allows them to say we tried our best and, look, the democrats and president obama were so unbelievable they wouldn't even agree to these two sensible provisions that are 80/20 winners, bill. >> bill: i have got to go, mr. rove. we are on live tonight. woulrxço5x(,iyx more as the factor moves along this evening. watters world. jesse he addition. jesse causing trouble in u.n. land. not a pretty sight. my customers can shop around--
5:28 pm
5:29 pm
5:30 pm
see who does good work and compare costs. it doesn't usually work that way with health care. but with unitedhealthcare, i get information on quality rated doctors, treatment options and estimates for how much i'll pay. that helps me, and my guys, make better decisions. i don't like guesses with my business, and definitely not with our health. innovations that work for you. that's health in numbers. unitedhealthcare.
5:31 pm
personal story seeing wanted. mocking christian doctrine. story back and forth between me and norah o'donnell. >> you believe the holy spirit directed to you write killing jesus? >> yes, i believe that. >> and why would the holy spirit choose you? >> you are asking me to speculate about the deity. >> well, you are suggesting that you are the chosen one, bill. >> i'm not the chosen one. i'm just one of many who have been given gifts. can i write and can i bloviate on tv. so i'm trying to use the gifts in a positive way. >> bill: well, if you are hearing that, the associated press, which is often hateful towards fox news wrote a very nasty dispatch saying bill o'reilly says god told him to write his new book killing jesus. the app is dripping with condescension. also as we reported on friday, philadelphia news
5:32 pm
howard gins ler openly mocked the holy spirit reference. ready teaches theology. and news director for ewtn catholic global tv network. so, first of all, explain the holy spirit reference. you can do it much better than i. >> the holy spirit is a third person of the trinity. and catholics throughout the ages, not only catholics, believers. >> bill: christians. >> any believer, the holy spirit has inspired me. there is monopoly on that. that's not saying god told you to do it. you may have felt the holy spirit truly leading you. >> bill: that's the doctrine of the christian faith not just catholic, christian: takes an interest in each and every human being on the planet. you are inspired by the holy spirit and then you are tempted by a dark spirit and then you have to decide. do i have it right, mr. ready? >> i think controversy sells with something like this a sense of god speaking to you. i think some people want
5:33 pm
to, perhaps, you know, criticize that for mock it because sometimes in some ways it can get you off the hook from actually listening to perhaps what god is saying to you but also requires humility to know if the voice is coming from god or coming from somewhere else. >> bill: it doesn't matter if it's my belief and i woke up in the middle of the night and inspired to do it. i don't care what anybody else thinks. i don't want them mocking the doctrine. that's what they did. o'reilly he -- you know, it's like wait a minute, here. this is what all christians believe. an act of god helps and then you decide whether you want the help or not. that's just the way it is. god didn't tell me to anything anything. i had inspiration i contribute to the holy spirit. should it be mocked? >> not necessarily. the proof is in the pudding. look at what has been done with that inspiration. or claimed to inspiration and you will be able to judge for yourself in some ways. >> you are getting to my
5:34 pm
annt that there is an attempt why the secular progressives in this country to diminish, put you in this nut category that, you know, oh here is some kind of zealot or this guy or that guy. why do they do it in your opinion? they wouldn't do it to judaism or islam. islam if you did it you would be fatwa issued on you. but they wouldn't do it anyway. so why do they do it on the christian doctrine? >> there are a lot of people afraid of this conversation. it is dangerous to some. they don't want to have the conversation. bill o'reilly is dropping jesus christ again in the middle of the pop culture. >> bill: not christ, in my book i never mention the word christ. jesus. >> jesus of nazareth. >> that provokes a conversation. look, when bill o'reilly writes a book about jesus, did you expect palm branches, bill? >> bill: no, i didn't expect the doctrine to be attacked. i expected me to be attacked not the doctrine how do you steerks mr. rudy? >> i think as i said sometimes there is a suspicion and i think this is a time that can
5:35 pm
sometimes be used to diminish the claims of religion in general. this. >> they may find it's disturbing some the claims. may upset some of the things that they hold dear. >> bill: like what, abortion? >> it could be. other issues as well. sometimes it's helpful to go back to the basics and say someone like pope francis just said, move away from some of the controversy and focus on the truly important things. >> bill: that's a good tactic for the christian believers. i agree the messenger has to be acceptable. here i think there is a more disturbing trend among secular progressives. that is if you are an openly -- if you make any open religious reference. then you are a nut and loan and we are going to come after you. >> my problem is they should have attacked you on the merit of what you reported not on whether you were inspired by the holy spirit or not. that's your prerogative as a believer. my problem is they should have taken you on on the
5:36 pm
merits and they are not doing that. >> bill: they couldn't because the book is true. it's history and we back it it up. >> blessed are you when you are reviolated and persecuteed you are rewarded in heaven. >> i'm the biggest inner on the block. i don't like them attacking the christian doctrine. when we come right back. 60 minutes piece on killing jesus. it was fair play? bernie goldberg has some thoughts moments away. with more technology, to get you into, and out of, tight spots. and more space so that you always have your favorite stuff. and, just for good measure, an incredibly efficient 40 mpg highway. so that when you're doing more, you're spending less. the all-new nissan versa note. your door to more. now get a $139 per month lease on a 2014 nissan versa note. ♪ you see a thumbs-up? i do. a guy running away from a swarm of bees?
5:37 pm
reality check: some 4g lte coverage doesn't look like it covers much. i'm kind of seeing bugs. dots. cheese? i see the us... i guess? now i can get the whole picture, that's definitely the united states. check the map. verizon's 4g lte is the most reliable, and in more places than any other 4g network. i definitely want to switch now-- this is unbelievable. that's powerful. verizon. the lg g2. featuring an intuitive rear-key design and 13 megapixel camera.
5:38 pm
of their type 2 diabetes with non-insulin victoza®. for a while, i took a pill to lower my blood sugar, but it didn't get me to my goal. so i asked my doctor about victoza®. he said victoza® is different than pills. victoza® is proven to lower blood sugar and a1c. it's taken once-a-day, any time, and comes in a pen. and the needle is thin. victoza® is not for weight loss, but it may help you lose some weight. victoza® is an injectable prescription medicine that may improve blood sugar in adultth type 2 diabetes when used with diet and exercise. it is not recommended as the first medication to treat diabetes and should not be used in people with type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis. victoza® has not been studied with mealtime insulin. victoza® is not insulin. do not take victoza® if you have a personal or family history of medullary thyroid cancer, multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2, or if you are allergic to victoza® or any of its ingredients. symptoms of a serious allergic reaction may include:
5:39 pm
swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat, fainting or dizziness, very rapid heartbeat, problems breathing or swallowing, severe rash or itching. tell your doctor if you get a lump or swelling in your neck. serious side effects may happen in people who take victoza®, including inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis), which may be fatal. stop taking victoza® and call your doctor right away if you have signs of pancreatitis, such as severe pain that will not go away in your abdomen or from your abdomen to your back, with or without vomiting. tell your doctor about all the medicines you take and if you have any medical conditions. taking victoza® with a sulfonylurea or insulin may cause low blood sugar. the most common side effects are nausea, diarrhea, and headache. some side effects can lead to dehydration, which may cause kidney problems. if your pill isn't giving you the control you need ask your doctor about non-insulin victoza®. it's covered by most health plans.
5:40 pm
>> bill: thanks for staying with us, i'm bill o'reilly in the weekdays segment. the split in the republican party about how to deal with obama care and the 60 mince report last night on me, your humble correspondent. joining us now from north carolina the purveyor of bernard goldberg.com, mr. goldberg. how did "60" treat you. >> i will tell you how they treated you you. this is a textbook case of how television works. everybody uses everybody. when it turns out right, everybody is a winner. first of all, before we get into content, sixth mint those people who watch this show may not watch "60 minutes." so they used you and they put you on last because
5:41 pm
they wanted the fox people and everybody else to stay for the whole program until they got to bill o'reilly. and you used them, obviously because you are trying to sell a book to a group of people who may not be watching the factor. so everybody used everybody everybody wins, if harm, no foul. as far as the content is concerned. i know that you personally are concerned about the religious stuff, that you woke up at night and the holy spirit told to you write the book and people making fun of that. they shouldn't make fun of that but i think you need to understand, too. that whenever anybody says that god told me to do something, whatever it is, and in this case god told me to write a book. yeah, people are going to say oh yeah, here he goes again or here the person. that's as old as the hills. when somebody says god told me to do something. bill billing but i didn't tell me. i said it is my belief that i was inspired. wait. are you telling me that aftera belief?
5:42 pm
i can't have a belief without being derided? is that what bernie goldberg is saying? i can't hold a belief without being derided? come on. >> i didn't say that where did you get that? what i said was. [ laughter ] >> if you say that,. >> bill: yeah. >> look, i woke up in the middle of the night once, and moses told me to write slobbering love affair. >> bill: no he didn't. moses never would have done that is he far too busy. >> okay. so here is my point. you are a person of faith. you have every right to believe that the holy spirit. >> bill: that's right. >> inspired. every right. on these matters i'm gnostic. believe whatever you want. whenever a politician says god told me to run for president. we're all going to look at that politician funny. that's all i'm saying. >> bill: it's a different thing. if the politician said i think i was inspired to do this work, that policy
5:43 pm
shouldn't be derided. you are in a controversy with far right people that object. >> i don't care about that this is a bigger issue republican party split, right? >> exactly. >> go. >> and it's a civil war that's raging in the republican party. it's not some little squirmish. it's a war that's going to have serious political consequences. on the one hand, you have the real conservatives. ted cruz, the tea party people. talk show radio hosts. on the other side, you have conservatives we also have principles. we are also against obama care. we also want a small government and lower taxes. because we are not as pure. >> they call us wishy washy rinos. they are real but i want to move on. here is my question to the real conservatives. if that strategy is such a good one why has there only
5:44 pm
within one conservative president in the past 80 years in this country. pat buchanan was as conservative as you get i couldn't win his own party's nomination let alone a general election. rush limbaugh, nobody articulates conservatism as clearly and passionately as rush limbaugh. he would be the first to acknowledge that he couldn't win a national election. what republicans need to understand. the true blue real conservative republicans need to understand is that despite what they think, most americans don't think the way they do. dennis kucinich on the left and i don't believe they are going to elect a ted cruz on the right. the only reason barack obama more liberal than any of them got elected wasn't because of his politics but because he created a cullive personality. and that's what the republicans need. a real conservative with a great personality and those people are hard to come by. and i'm not running so that
5:45 pm
leaves, you know one person like that out. >> bill: maybe the holy spirit will inspire you to run. you never know. it could happen. >> that's a very good point. >> bill: bernie, thank you. we will read some of your thoughts on the "60 minutes" piece in the mail segment coming up. >> were the -- jesse watters at the united nations. >> are you trying to stay out of trouble here in new york? [ laughter ] >> that's a good question. >> behave yourself. i'm not sure you have diplomatic immunity. >> bill: watters is next. ♪ nice car. sure is. make a deal with me, kid, and you can have the car and everything that goes along with it. [ thunder crashes, tires squeal ] ♪ ♪
5:46 pm
so, what do you say? thanks... but i think i got this. ♪ [ male announcer ] the all-new cla. starting at $29,900.
5:47 pm
5:48 pm
book.
5:49 pm
>> bill: back of the book segment tonight. also showing up up at the u.n. jesse watters. uh-oh ♪ ♪ >> do you think america is a noble nation? >> of course america is a noble nation. >> that's a very complex question. >> it's a hard question to it answer. >> do the russians think putin hot dogged president obama over syria? >> we think that president obama should definitely be stronger. >> is america a noble nation? >> what? >> it's okay. >> tell me where are you going? >> what has the u.n. accomplished recently? >> i don't know. maybe -- maybe. >> well, we are waiting. >> what are you making happen? >> decision. >> what do you do in
5:50 pm
between meetings? >> just rest a little bit. >> sip on -- so much work to be done. >> do you ever hit the restaurants afterwards and tie one on. >> you are in new york. what else you're in new york. what else do you do after the meetings? ♪ >> what's the cuisine like in th nepal? >> cuisine means -- >> the food. >> food. food. rice and -- >> just rice? >> rice. yeah. >> okay. okay. you have diplomatic immunity. what's that like? >> i don't feel anything frankly. >> are you trying to stay out of trouble in new york? >> hmm. >> when president putin takes
5:51 pm
his shirt off and rides around on horseback -- >> i don't think they enjoy his naked body. >> do you find putin attractive? >> not at all. >> you don't smoke at the u.n., do you? >> i have uh never smoked marijuana. >> is romania involved in a diplomatic spat these days? >> you have to translate. >> are you having a beef with other countries? president obama returned the bust of winston churchill to you. are you offend? >> it's a great bust. >> is this some kind of bust? >> it's very impressive, yes. >> food processing industry. >> food processing. >> speed it up! >> what's fun to do in nepal? >> what? >> are you fielding a strong gymnastics team in the olympics? >> of course. >> have you ever done gymnastics? >> no.
5:52 pm
>> pommel horse? have you found romance in new york? >> romance? to you? >> romance. >> with the ladies. striking out? things will pick up. do you ever watch bill o'reilly? >> yes, uh i like him very much. >> is he macho like putin? >> he's a hundred times better. >> that's a good way to end. we have the to go to nepal. rice. >> and later he egoes, and we have bread. i looked it up. they have lentil soup and do you know what they serve it over -- rice. >> was anybody working over there? >> meetings all day long. >> what do they meet about? >> no one knows but they have important meetings. we pay -- a fifth of the u.n.
5:53 pm
budget is $300 million. i know where it goes. the cafeteria. they have a grill station, sushi, booze. hearty soup station. it's packed. >> this is the best job on earth. >> it is. >> it's cu ee's cushy. >> you live in new york, go to meetings and nothing happens. >> perfect gig. >> i love the guy from nepal. >> watters world in me the pal, i think. >> all right. your tip of the day when we come back. if you're mad as hell, we want to hear from you. the tip is two minutes away. are you flo? yes. is this the thing you gave my husband? well, yeah, yes. the "name your price" tool. you tell us the price you want to pay, and we give you a range of options to choose from. careful, though -- that kind of power can go to your head. that explains a lot. yo, buddy!
5:54 pm
i got this. gimme one, gimme one, gimme one! the power of the "name your price" tool only from progressive.
5:55 pm
[ passenger ] airport, please. what airline? united. [ indian accent ] which airline, sir? [ passenger ] united. whoa taxi! [ british accent ] what airline, then? [ passenger ] united. all right. [ spanish ] what airline? [ passenger ] united. ♪ [ mandarin ] which airline? [ passenger ] united. [ arabic ] which airline? [ passenger ] united. [ italian ] where are we going? [ passenger ] united. [ male announcer ] more stinations than any other airline. [ thai ] which airline do you fly? [ passenger ] united. [ male announcer ] that's great, big world frieny. ♪ tip of the day. we want you to vent on the factor. first, two quick note s. we have thousands of new bill o'reilly premium members because if you sign up or re-up your membership you get "killing jesus" free.
5:56 pm
a great deal and membership is a blast. if you want to see me and miller in orlando, florida, saturday, january 18, move it. tickets going fast. they make great christmas gifts. now the mail, rose of connecticut. the "60 minutes" interview was en lightening. i finally understand how o'reilly knows everything about everything. he's got an in with the almighty. calvin from new york. i enjoyed the interview. any tension with norah o'donnell? >> she did her job. outstanding interview on "killing jesus" but i thought nora was attacking in her tone. she challenged, ted. that's what she's supposed to do. that's what i would do. chris from los angeles. the pompous christian doctrine playing to his crowd. very true. but the guy wouldn't have done it if muslim theology was involved.
5:57 pm
you're a hypocrite for going on nbc to promote your book when you bash them. just sharing the good word. shane from east lansing. i have never read the bible. would i be able to follow "killing jesus"? sure. may open a whole new world. it's easy to understand. saw you on imus where you talked about jesus being the most famous person who ever lived. the crusades and the explorers spread christianity and christianity propagated. it began with a man with no money, no power, no infrastructure, nothing. grace from edmonton, canada. you didn't skirt question. i appreciate your up front responses. i didn't think killing lincoln and kennedy could be topped but "killing jesus" is your best effort. don't forget martin's contributions to the books. finally tip of the day.
5:58 pm
we have been thinking about how to get the intelligent viewer more involved on the factor. we have we may have come up with something uh you will like. called the mad as he b ll segment. >> i want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it and stick your head out and yell, i'm as mad as hell, and i'm not going to take this anymore. >> we don't have to do that anymore because we have e-mail. every thursday we'll select some e-mail from folks who are supremely annoyed, angry, agitated, worked up. can be about the factor or anything else . life in the usa. life on the planet. here is what you do. write an articulate e-mail with emotion, without obscenities expressing your discontent with something. we'll select a few every week and discuss them on the air. here is the address. mad as he ll@fox news.com.
5:59 pm
the segment could get out of control. we have to live on the edge. it debuts thursday. factor tip of the day. i can't wait. excuse me. that's going to be a lively segment and that's what we want. that's it tonight. check out the news factor website which is different from bill oreilly@foos.com. use your name and town when responding. this is the regular e-mail. you don't have to be mad as hell on that. you can be a little mad. but if you are really mad as hell, mad as hell@fox news.com. thank you for watching.
6:00 pm
the spin stops right here. we are definitely looking out for you. welcome to "hannity." this is a fox news alert. we are less than three hours away from a government shutdown. as we inch closer to midnight republicans are standing their ground. moments ago the house of representative s passed a new continuing resolution which fund it is government but eliminates health care exemptions s for staff and delays obamacare for a year. the bill goes to senate where they are expected to table the amendments this hour. live uh from capitol hill with the latest breaking details is fox's own mike emmanuel. mike? >> sean, good evening. the latest in a series of ping-pong matches. bills going back and forth between the house and senate. the vote in the house a short

119 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on