Skip to main content

tv   Media Buzz  FOX News  April 12, 2015 2:00pm-3:01pm PDT

2:00 pm
>> good to be working with you. >> it has been terrific. thank you does it for us. "media buzz," is next. have a great sunday. have a great week. >> a fox news alert. i am howard kurtz in washington. this is "media buzz." hillary clinton finally jumping into the race. today. fox news white house correspondent is in iowa. ed an unorthodox roll out. >> no doubt. this is the worst kept secret. it is finally official. hillary clinton is in release a video on her website and we expected it would come on social media. the twist is what was unexpected is the video well after a minute into it it is all about real voters and the middle class, and at the beginning she finally gets in there and says, i'm running. the point of that, her advisors say, is they realized in 2007
2:01 pm
and 2008 she made it too much about herself and she was the inevitable nominee and that did not work out. so this fits in with a memo we obligated from the clinton campaign and they said it is all about standing up for the middle class, and income inequality. we have heard that from president obama who all but endorsed her. it could help with some but, also, it could turn some voters off because of unpopular obama administration policies. the other big change to the last race, it took hillary clinton a week to come here to iowa when she announced in 2007 because she was a sitting senator and that was too long. we spent her on the ground in iowa on tuesday. that is an opportunity for her to start this direct one-on-one contact with voters to make clear that she is not taking anything for granted and she will fight for every vote. >> thank you ed henry.
2:02 pm
now joining us is mary katharine ham fox news contributor and editor of www. hotair.com and susan ferrechio and dana milbank columnist for the "washington post" now. and hick sick not giving what everyone want as big speech, and reporters are confused when she will show you. what gives? >> maybe they can catch her and ask questions which is not ideal for the roll out. i am supposed to act like this is super exciting but snoozefest. i will get a video announcement, could there be hillary clinton in front of a laboratory -- plant? >> your pulse is not beating anymore quickly? >> i am not interested in the announcement. >> fascinating, susan ferrechio she is doing a video and putting it on twitter and the memo that leaked from the campaign manager saying this is the secret
2:03 pm
strategy, all the way of controlling the message? >> absolutely. this is clinton all the way. will there be real hard questions point her way now that she is an official candidate and not just someone would we thing will be a candidate? are we going to focus on issues like sexism or looking at hard issues about her tenure at the state department and what her vision is for the country. so far those questions have been getting to the bottom of the story rather than the top of the story. i'm waiting for that to be the main issue. her as a real candidate. >> most candidates when they make the big announcement do a tv tour and we have in indication she will do that initially. is this again, part of a media avoidance strategy? >> media avoidance from hillary clinton? how could you come up with that notion? this will be riveting television when she announced on fox news
2:04 pm
particularly fur anchoring the coverage but i have to agree the only thing that would be interesting if she is on is she said she was not running. fooled. you sorry. what is the news value in her announcement or any of the announce the? we know they are running. we know what the campaign will be about. there is no campaign memo what she is supposed to be doing. she is trying to win an election. >> they are setting up themes and dwayneing yourself. she has been on the national same for a quarter of a century. the media appetite despite your lack often enthusiasm is so overwhelming i wonder whether she will be covered in part more as a celebrity since she does not have much competition. >> i hope not. the mail issue alone is an indication that despite the memos they are sending about being open and accessible that is not what she is interested and she can play a keep away
2:05 pm
game because no one is competing but she needs to be asked hard questions and that i would be interested in. >> the fact that she with be the first woman to sit in the oval office and she tuesday about being a grandmother, is a the love the coverage going to revolve around her ground breaking status or sexism in your view? >> i think that is part of the problem of covering her as a candidate. we are not going to get to the hard questions. it will be last paragraph treatment as i call it, a lot about her as, face it, she is going to try to do something different. she will try to define herself as a female candidate who can connect. that is part of the theme. i worry that will obscure the harder questions of her tenure as a heard and what she did during crisis when the consulate was attacked. a was her role? will that be drowned out? those are the important questions. >> it is a long campaign. i cannot imagine that the more substantive questions and what she would do about a whole range of issues from iran to the
2:06 pm
domestic economy are going to always be in the last paragraph? >> there is inany she is -- there is irony if that she is the celebrity candidate. no way is hillary clinton getting a free ride. whatever ideological preferences there is in the press there is an unrelenting hostility toward hillary clinton regardless of ideology. >> based on past scars? >> because she is so hostile to the press and disdainful of the press. of course there will always be the effort to get her to answer questions and she will always be resisting it and we will have 18 months. >> but there was "20 year human invasion project of hillary clinton." so i am sure it is done. everyone will be lovin' her. >> we take ought about celebrity coverage including "town and
2:07 pm
country," the bill clinton as great global state man and a gushing piece on chelsea clinton talking about her mom being first president, does that matter? >> i don't see any "elle," covers of rand paul's wife, why isn't he? i think that the general desire in the media to cover the clinton's favourability is still there although you are right, there is hostility toward the clintons, but overall, they are treated as celebrity status that you are not going to see with ted cruz, for example. >> hear is one outlet not treating her with great warmth "new york post," and signaling that the former secretary of state will not "no no, no, no," but it said "oh hill no." >> interesting treatment on the clintons last night on a certain saturday night program.
2:08 pm
roll it. >> i am running because i went to be a voice for women everywhere. >> does someone say women everywhere? >> hillary clinton, phones can take videos. he could have done that in the 1990s i'd be in jail. >> that was great. does that sort of thing...hurt? help? just solidify these are cultural figures and politicians? >> it hurts me because i feel like i have lived this campaign already and we have to do it again and we will have another bush and...i think bill clinton gets pretty good coverage because he is a popular former president and chelsea will get good coverage because she is not seen as a partisan figure. >> you talk of hostility from the hillary clinton camp but off the record meeting at the house of john podesta's house
2:09 pm
with reporters from "new york times" and "washington post" and "politico" and more a peace offer increasing. >> he is making pasta so i hope they brought someone to test the food. >> and bloomberg ran a story based on a hoax saying nancy reagan endorsed hillary clinton. it will be crazy. >> there are thin they want believe and by the way kate does a great job as hillary clinton and that can form a narrative that the media can follow and she nails it in a biting way. >> she will always have to dodge that. they are trying a different strategy. but clinton, overall, he could be polarizing and he is still a popular figure can that overriding factor will help her. not hurt. even given the "saturday night live," skits it will be positive. >> if you elect hillary clinton you get two for the price of
2:10 pm
one. >> i cannot begrudge chelsea as someone who has buck teeth and frizzy area i love it. >> you had a great makeover. >> and marco rubio announces on monday. ahead a very different media narrative for the horrifying police shooting of walter scott in south carolina. ran paul lectures savannah guthrie and is buried under an avalanche of negative resolution. mayo? corn dogs? you are so outta here! aah! [ female announcer ] the complete balanced nutrition of great-tasting ensure. 24 vitamins and minerals antioxidants and 9 grams of protein. [ bottle ] ensure®. nutrition in charge™.
2:11 pm
people ship all kinds of things. but what if that thing is a few hundred thousand doses of flu vaccine. that need to be kept at 41 degrees. while being shipped to a country where it's 90 degrees. in the shade. sound hard? yeah. does that mean people in laos shouldn't get their vaccine? we didn't think so.
2:12 pm
from figuring it out to getting it done, we're here to help. doug. you've been staring at that for awhile, huh? listen, td ameritrade has former floor traders to help walk you through that complex trade.onfident enough to do what you want. i'll pull up their number. blammo. let's get those guys on the horn. oooo looks like it is time to upgrade your phone, douglass. for all the confidence you need. td ameritrade. you got this.
2:13 pm
and pull's presidential campaign was just hours old when
2:14 pm
he got a little annoyed at savannah gutry.pull's presidential campaign was just hours old when he got a little annoyed at savannah gutry. >> i once said iran was not a threat. now you say it is. you once proposed ending foreign aid to israel, you now support it at least for the time being. and you once offered to -- >> before we -- >> dras trach lyi wonder if you've mellowed out. >> why don't you let me explain instead of talking over me. before we go through a litany of things you say i've changed on, why don't you ask me a question, have i changed my opinion? that would be a better way to approach it. >> is iran still not a? >> no, no no. >> a tech my that isneak i asked him about last month. >> hey kelly. >> yeah i did learn you're not
2:15 pm
supposed to shush people. i'm human. i try to be as even keeled as i can but like everybody else there are interviews that i would have done differently. >> was there anything unfair about a van any guthrie pressing senator paul on his evolving views? >> his views have changed and i think what he was expressing was a frustration in how he feels he's portrayed in the media, that he's considered an ought liar candidate because he's more libertarian and he gets it from the right and the left. that's what i heard in his voice. he's also new to politics. only a few years in. she was asking fair questions. he was not doing a good job dealing with difficult questions. >> somebody sitting at home watching this, who looked like they were going overboard? savannah guthrie or rand paul? >> this is not the greatest way for him to communicate. when he had that incident with kelly evans, i wrote he should
2:16 pm
have avoid those especially with female anchors. i think he did avoid the pitfalls with a van in guta guthrie. get to the point. >> i don't have a point with guys theses getting snippy with the media. he will turn the question around like he did with abortion. >> politicians push back on reporters' questions all the time. it's sort of part of the give and take. so what was different about this? >> there is nothing wrong with in a republican primary with the candidate bashing the media. i don't think that is -- >> you're staying that has a certain appeal. >> i think that is only good politics if you watch any of the 5,000 republican debates last time, you would see that was a driving theme there. something like that. but what he was doing here you could see in the way he was
2:17 pm
doing it she was asking a fair question. she wasn't requesting about some personal indiscretion. she was asking about policy views that he had changed. now, i wouldn't go so far as to say is it sexis or not. i think it would be a good idea to beat up on howiehoward kurts. >> his answers are fine as politician's answers go. >> a lot -- i was getting flooded with facebook messages with a lot of conservatives say, yeah, stick is it to her. but whether you think she was rude or not, how does it help the senator if the whole first week of his rollout ended up being like this?
2:18 pm
>> i don't think being framed as hostile to the media is necessarily a huge problem. i do think you can learn from mistakes and he can go forward and make changes. and he did these other two things which is the abortion question being turned around which the republican electric rat is like please, beefwe've been begging for that for whoever. so i think that is an interesting point. and then we had this november sense with him storming off the set alledgedly when he was asked a question in which if you watch the videos, clearly not what happened. >> he's being interviewed by the ghat guardian and then he said one more question and then he had to go to cnn, which was a false narrative. what about the two female anchors and some columnists say he has a problem with female
2:19 pm
journalists. >> i think he would have done a similar interview if it was a male, but the fact that it was two in a row, eats out there now. luckily for him he has months and months to rehabilitate that image and sound more calm and cool and collected on the air. >> rand paul's defense is that i'm equally prickly with male and female. >> and he is. his father used to lecture reporters in of the same fashion. i don't think he cared if it was a man or woman. they are not portrayed fairly by the media and he did say this morning that his supporters come up and say good for you. >> he may be right, but he was actually getting pretty good press for his announcement speech before this became sort of the defining moment of his week long rollout. >> certainly derailed whatever message he was position building in the thinking about, but this is the point where you you with ament to make sure they spell your name right and get some attention.
2:20 pm
if should he should somehow survive republican primary, then he'll have a woman problem in the general election against hillary. >> all right. we have to go. great to see you. ahead, mayorriel hemingway on sexual harassment in hollywood. but first columbia university's damning indict of the "rolling stone" article. why the magazine still doesn't get it. my lenses have a sunset mode. and a partly sunny mode. and an outside to inside mode. transitions® lenses automatically filter just the right amount of light. ask for transitions xtractive lenses.
2:21 pm
extra protection from light... outdoors indoors and in the car. "ride away" (by roy orbison begins to play) ♪ i ride the highway... ♪ ♪ i'm going my way... ♪ ♪i leave a story untold... ♪ he just keeps sending more pictures... if you're a free-range chicken you roam free. it's what you do. if you want to save fifteen percent or more on car insurance you switch to geico. it's what you do. ♪ two wheels a turnin'... ♪ the new s6 hits the stores and i'm like... whoa. open the box and... (sniffing) new phone smell. jump on a video chat with my friend. he's a real fan boy, so i can't wait to show this off. picture is perfect. i got mine at verizon. i... didn't. it's buffering right out of the box he was impressed. i couldn't be happier. couldn't see him but i could hear him making fun of me. vo: you waited this long for the s6
2:22 pm
so why settle for anything less than verizon. now? can i at least put my shoes on? if your bladder is calling the shots ... you may have a medical condition called overactive bladder ... ...or oab you've got to be kidding me. i've had enough! it's time to talk to the doctor. ask your doctor how myrbetriq may help treat... ...oab symptoms of urgency frequency, and leakage. which may mean fewer trips to the bathroom.
2:23 pm
myrbetriq (mirabegron) may increase your blood pressure. myrbetriq may increase your chances... ...of not being able to empty your bladder. tell your doctor right away if you have... ...trouble emptying your bladder or have a weak urine stream. myrbetriq may affect... ...or be affected by other medications... ...so tell your doctor about all the medicines you take. before taking myrbetriq, tell your doctor if you have liver or kidney problems. common side effects include increased blood pressure, common cold symptoms, urinary tract infection, and headache. take charge by talking to your doctor about your oab symptoms and myrbetriq. find out if you can get your first prescription at no cost by visiting myrbetriq.com columbia journalism school report on "rolling stone's" agencies of a brutal gang rape ran more than 12,000 word but the key words are these a failure that was avoidable.
2:24 pm
>> flat out whose fault was this. >> well, it was the collective fault of the reporter the he hadded either tore, he had the tore's super ice or and supervisor and fact checking department. >> two told megyn kelly that what the piece said was untrue. >> you're described as concerned that her reputation would be shot for the next four years discussion reported that you had while she stood there mute in her bloody dress. made you sound pretty callus. >> yeah, absolutely. and that's just not true and i think if sabrina had reached out to us to anybody, she would have found out that's not true. >> joining us now a david zurawik. let's start with rolling stone's
2:25 pm
reaction. >> that's one of the most distressing part. really blaming jackie. saying she was a fabulous she was an expert story teller and she took -- >> all which may be true. >> it is but that's not excuse for your journalistic malfeasance. and if you read through the report, it's consistent. first they say that they were too night. the reason that we made this mistake is we were too differential to good people. that was the other thing. and then they say, well, i wish that my editor had pushed me harder to contact these people and the they start pointing fingers. >> you're talking about the reporter. >> yeah. and unbelievable that they cannot accept this and this is twhat the what the public dislikes about the media. they keep making excuses.
2:26 pm
>> one of the stunning detail jackie never told "rolling stone" the real name of drew and jackie stopped cooperating. and the magazine published the story anyway. >> it's unbelievable that it didn't stop at the point where they cooperate talk tokooptcooperate cooperate talk to any of the people. astonishing any editor would let help get for that point. i did a profile a long time ago and they not only wanted my coat, they wanted my tapes. if you're listening i want my tapes back. but seriously, nobody would head this go on. this is astonishing in it arrogance. >> nobody is punished. and a again "rolling stone" didn't contact the three friends who it was pretty easy to find them. but the columbia report i
2:27 pm
thought was masterful at details everything that went wrong with this train wreck except the question of why. and i'm wondering whether you think that the magazine wanted this story to be true and that sabrina herdly, the reporter wanted perhaps a more spectacular tale, so it had to be not just one rape but seven men and bloodied and all that. >> this is what the story is. and columbia walked up to it. arntd and said that, quote, seems to be what happened here. it is crystal clear. and you don't have to use social science terms. an image a picture this our head and then the reporter went out to find evidence that would future the picture in her head. whites southern male privilege lem and the magazine wanted to believe it.
2:28 pm
even says what the intent was. >> and a lot of people were damaged. a decade ago i revealed that jason blair was a serial fabricator and then a few months later i wrote about jack kelly who made up stories around the world. both edit ors lost their jobs. not the case here. but in a way, this was worse because the editors as those paper, they were deceived. in this case the reporter believed it was true and all the editors signed off on this piece of garbage. stick around, david. up next, a south carolina police officer who was taped shooting an unarmed black man in the back. are some bun did i tellspundits pushing the racial argument too hard? and later audible safety beeping
2:29 pm
audible safety beeping audible safety beeping the nissan rogue with safety shield technologies. the only thing left to fear is you imagination. nissan. innovation that excites.
2:30 pm
2:31 pm
2:32 pm
>> south carolina's newspaper reported the fail shooting of walter scott as a traffic stop gone wrong but it changed when a cell phone video showed officer slager shooting scott in the back time eight times as he ran away. you probably know this video is graphic. we will show you only a little bit. slager has been charged with murder and the media framing is different than what happened in ferguson missouri. >> i have watched the video. i was sickened by what i saw. >> this is a victim running away from the police shot in the back this is what some people said ferguson was. >> they should be commonned for swift action. there are a lot of leaders stepping up in the face of this tragedy. >> joining us from new york to
2:33 pm
analyze the coverage is david webb who hosted serious how has this differed from ferguson. >> the tone involved in ferguson, we have looked at it but we had clarity in south carolina. we did not have clarity in ferguson. we had the story told, no video and witnesses that contradicted. what has happened is at msnbc and some of other more left leaning areas they tried to portray this as a black-white issue rather than the fact we have a cop who shot a man running away in his back and killed him and that is something we need to deal with from an honest reporting point of view. something else not be talk about in the media, the discussion needs to be how to deal with the
2:34 pm
police because, unfortunately and while he did not deserve to be shot should never have been shot by this police officer he bolted from the car looking a passenger. that needs to be part of the media narrative. how you deal with the police. >> do you agree since there is in definitive evidence this would have played out differently if the man had been white and some are making teach of race, on the other side are some liberals going too far saying there are many, man cases like this, a lot of bad cops rather than just dealing with the when case. >> one thing that really is overwhelm is the video. we have reached a point, i did and when i watched it it sat on my tv with the sound off this weekend playing over and over and own. it came to me that this in and the garner video on staten island where they look like executions almost to some people.
2:35 pm
if you are a fair-minded white viewer, you go, my god, this stuff is going on and it and like the evening news reports in the 60s from cbs and number with the fire hoses and the dogs. these votes are so powerful they blow almost everything out of the discussion and it comes back to race. >> the votes are shot by the bystanders and a barbour was on the way to work and i think he is a hero. show the interview he did the or day. >> i would deny i knew the magnitude of this and i tried to, i thought about erasing the video. >> why? >> i don't know, i felt my life would be in danger. >> david when obviously for him to keep filming as the man is shot to death takes a lot of
2:36 pm
deputies and of course if he was not there and there was in video and the officer said, we got into a struggle over the taser the whole story would be covered differently. >> it would. kudos to him. he is filming someone being killed. that alone is something that has to weigh on his mind. the fact that he is concerned about blow back, that adds to it. what we have here is a case of a clear video, we have clear evidence the police racketed very quickly and the media, however, needs to be more honest and we need to look at this and not sure rise or summarize the questions can be asked whether the cop would do it and this cop is someone who did something completely horrible and i don't know if we can say definitive based on color. >> david is absolutely right. the digital technology has
2:37 pm
stolen this from us the we don't make the picture anymore. our responsibility, howie, is to have a responsible discussion. not to have ideologues take this and lead us to their political point of view. >> i am strucked by those on the right and left because of the horrifying video, there is a certain unity that happened after trayvon martin and after michael brown was killed. >> it and partly the clarity of the video. also it is the excesses of ferguson on both sides hopefully -- this is dangerous to say about media -- hopefully we learned a little bit about that, about taking it beyond where we can go with the facts. i hope that is what we are seeing. >> do you agree with that? everyone who was horrified enough by the way the media coverage spun out-of-control. there were riots in ferguson and
2:38 pm
the community in charleston in north charleston handled it well and i am sympathetic to the wall december cot family. >> did they learn something? >> i hope so. david is right on, the media needs to evolve to telling the story businesses on available facts and nothing else and for those that want to push a narrative on either side, they are completely wrong and the community, also very responsible in their response. that speaks to the community versus a community that was high jagged by insiders and outsiders in ferguson. >> maybe some modest progress. thanks to both david, webb and david zurawik. >> the media challenge in covering hillary clinton as she jumped into the presidential race today. after the break my sit down with mariel hemingway on mental illness, addiction and her strange dealings with woody
2:39 pm
allen. know your financial plan won't keep you up at night. know you have insights from professional investment strategists to help set your mind at ease. know that planning for retirement can be the least of your worries. with the guidance of a pnc investments financial advisor, know you can get help staying on track for the future you've always wanted.
2:40 pm
2:41 pm
have a sunset mode. and an early morning mode. and a partly sunny mode. and an outside... to clear inside mode. transitions® signature® adaptive lenses ...are more responsive than ever. so why settle for a lens with just one mode? experience life well lit®. upgrade your lenses to transitions® signature®. get up to ninety dollars back when you combine crizal, varilux and transitions... and buy a second pair with xperio uv polarized sun lenses. visit transitions.com to learn
2:42 pm
more. mayorriel hemingway made news around the world when her book revealed what happened to her with woody allen. but there is much more to the book, called out come the sun.
2:43 pm
i sat down with her in new york. welcome. >> that you think. >> you've written very raw material. isn't it hard to go public with all this stuff? >> yes. in a room by yourself when you're writing the story, you're like, oh, this happened, this happened. but then when it comes time to actually reveal it it is challenging in the sense that it's like, oh, my gosh. but the funny thing about it is, and i say this to people, it's like we fear our stories sometimes. sometimes where we come from is not as balanced or wonderful or the jones happy life. >> celebrities have imamges to protect and you're stripping that away and not all is all
2:44 pm
that 34respleasant. >> but i think everybody comes from something. they have a story. they have a fear. they have a this, they have something that they need to like not talk about. >> fascinating insights in to hollywood. so whether robert de niro, bob foss chlt, in one case chasing you around a hotel room, is it really that much of a casting couch culltureculture? >> that was in the '80s and i suspect it's probably very similar. i think there is the nature of hollywood. i don't know that any business is without its, you know -- politics has its weird tales of things that go on. >> that's an understatement. >> so i think it's part of the world. it's about relationships, it's about people about not being clear about your needs and
2:45 pm
desires. and for me -- >> sounds like they were clear about their desires. >> and that's why i tell the story. it's not a book about gossip not about bob fossi. he was an in-creditble man. >> i have to ask the woody allen question. you co-starred with him and you were 581818 and what happened is this. >> i just played a movie where i played his girlfriend. i was very good to me. i really admired him. he took me through manhattan. and i grew up in a time where i felt -- my other book is called in-advise only girl. i felt like an in-individualablevidin-vizable
2:46 pm
person in my family and he made me feel seen. so i wanted to throw almost idaho and he wanted to show me paris. and in my naive mind, even though i was 1, i'd8, i'd never had a boyfriend and i went there hoping my parents would go they're not going with you. sadly, my prmtarents do that. and i realized it was up to me and i would have to be the one that says i can't go to paris because i can't. and i didn't. you about i was really a naive girl. you have to remember the girl i played in manhattan wasn't the girl i was. and woody was respectful. >> a tremendous action to that story. a lot of people angry with woody
2:47 pm
allen, but you don't seem angry. >> i'm not angry at him at all. i don't know the facts or details of his life since then. ich not been a part of his life. >> you've spoken out in recent years on mental health issues. of course your grandfather committed suicide as did your sister, margo. how is it that you're not crazy. or are you? >> umm. i don't think i'm crazy, but it took me a lot of years to realize that i wasn't. and i think that a lot of my years were trying to make sure that i didn't go crazy. so i was very regimented about food, regimented about exercise, learning how to -- i was always trying to find a way to find balance in my life. >> the hemingway name and legacy cast a shadow over you? >> look, being a hemingway is one of the greatest honors in
2:48 pm
the world. i am the granddaughter of one of greatest writers in the world. how could that not be exquisite to be a part of. but it's also a very umbrella that is pretty large that sends a very large -- casts a large shadow. and so i think it's very important as human beings to understand where we come from. because then it helps you to negotiate your own problems, your own life choices. oh, i get why i made those choices because look where i came from. all these suicides, all this mental illness all this addiction. and yet there is always this creat creativity, too. it's about understanding your heritage. i think that's very important for us. >> you're very candid in this book about your movie came prior and how it's gone through ups and downs. cliché question but does it become harder for actresses after a certain age? >> yes, absolutely. here is the good news p because
2:49 pm
of people like robin wright and the house of cards and wonderful projects that enable -- that give opportunities to just tell stories, those stories contain people of all ages. and that is what is beautiful about kind of television these days. television seems to be the way where the place where women can explore their creativity no matter what ablg age they are. but movies still seem slanted towards young people. and that's always been the case. it's funny to look back now and think of myself as an 18-year-old in a movie. i can imagine an actress looking back and thinking -- like why is an 18-year-old girl playing somebody's girlfriend. >> maybe we'll look for you on netflix. thanks so much for sharing your story with us.
2:50 pm
and you can see the full interview on our home page our or facebook page. coming up everyone knows hillary clinton doesn't much like the press, but can the press be fair to the overwhelming democratic favorite as she jumps in to the race today? [announcer:] what if one stalk of broccoli could protect you from cancer? what if one push up could prevent heart disease? [man grunts] one wishful thinking, right? but there is one step you can take to help prevent another serious disease- pneumococcal pneumonia. one dose of the prevnar 13® vaccine can help protect you ... from pneumococcal pneumonia, an illness that can cause coughing, chest pain difficulty breathing and may even put you in the hospital. prevnar 13 ® is used in adults 50 and older to help prevent infections from 13 strains of the bacteria that cause pneumococcal pneumonia. you should not receive prevnar 13 ® if you've had a severe allergic reaction to the vaccine or its ingredients if you have a weakened immune system, you may have a lower response to the vaccine. common side effects were pain, redness, or swelling at the injection site. limited arm movement, fatigue,
2:51 pm
head ache muscle or joint pain less appetite, chills, or rash. even if you've already been vaccinated with another pneumonia vaccine, prevnar 13® may help provide additional protection. get this one done. ask your healthcare professional about prevnar 13® today.
2:52 pm
2:53 pm
>> there is no question hillary clinton mistrusted the media since her days as first lady. this is a challenge but it is a challenge for the press as well. we need to be as tough on hillary clinton as any republican candidates and people looking at the ride that president obama got in 2008 do not think we will be. we need to thoroughly vet the form secretary of state although she has been on the national stage for a quarter century and she will proposal not face serious competition and her
2:54 pm
gender makes her a trailblazer. at the same time we need to be fair to hillary clinton despite the cars that june lives have accumulated during long ago scandals or the past house estimate with clinton and the people around here. we need to treat her the same way as any male candidate and not as a celebrity. the presidency is too important for a double standard. there will be clashes and rough spots but make no mistake the hillary clinton campaign is a big test for the journalism business. >> still to come, he not face the nation much longer, bob schieffer is stepping down. okay, listen up! i'm re-workin' the menu. mayo? corn dogs? you are so outta here! aah! [ female announcer ] the complete balanced nutrition of great-tasting ensure. 24 vitamins and minerals antioxidants and 9 grams of protein. [ bottle ] ensure®. nutrition in charge™.
2:55 pm
you wouldn't buy a car without taking it for a spin and it's...well...just a car. test-drive our full lineup only at your local john deere dealer. fofofofor fastidious librarian emily skinner, each day was fueled by thorough preparation for events to come. well somewhere along the way emily went right on living. but you see, with the help of her raymond james financial advisor, she had planned for every eventuality. ...which meant she continued to have the means to live on... ...even at the ripe old age of 187. life well planned. see what a raymond james advisor can do for you.
2:56 pm
2:57 pm
in a work, work, work world... take time for sunday. just know that your truck... has a little thing for monday. >> bob schieffer has done everything at cbs over the last half century, covering vietnam and water gate and hosting the morning show and anchoring the evening news after a scandal
2:58 pm
forced out dan rather and hosted "face to nation." he returns to texas christian university to make this announcement. >> because that was where it all started for me i wanted this to be the place and i wanted you all to be the first to know that this summer i am going to retire >> and when pressing camp dates and officeholders he could be blunt. >> is that the best can you do? this seems to be a disaster. if you stray is nothing there, mr. president, how can so many reputable professionals keep pressing along with this? >> that is your characterization not mine. >> if you didn't threaten to shut down the government, who was it that did? i was at a huge washington bash
2:59 pm
for "face the nation," and joe biden and john mccain hat a lot praise. >> in guessing game announcing that the cbs news political director john dickerson will be the successor as host of "face the nation," a family history there, with his mother, nancy dickerson was a legendary cbs news correspondent when there were not many women in television news. a lot people thought o'donnell would get the john but she could be more valuable on a morning slot. hope you like our facebook page with a lot of original contact and follow me on twitter, but the tweets will be back and see you next sunday morning at 11 o'clock and action
3:00 pm
-- action with the latest buzz. and we'll bring that back to you live at a doose >> i am chris wallace, hillary clinton getting into the 2016 race for president. can any republican stop her? >> don't you some day want to see a woman president of the united states of america? >> we will discuss her candidacy and the crowded republican field with the g.o.p. 2012 nominee mitt romney. congress prepares to vote on whether it must approve an iran nuclear deal. as president obama tries to prevent the talks from unravelling. >> this is not done until it is done. the next two or three months, negotiations are going to be critical. >> we will hear from an administration's fierce of the critic

61 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on