Skip to main content

tv   The O Reilly Factor  FOX News  October 1, 2015 8:00pm-9:01pm PDT

8:00 pm
what's in your wallet?
8:01 pm
8:02 pm
>> we sat there for 20 minutes. >> officers engaged the suspect. there was an exchange of gunfire. the shooter threat was neutralized. the shooter is deceased. >> came in through the library and said we need to call 911. i think it's crazy. i have no idea how to handle it. i'm so blessed i'm okay. >> an 18-year-old was in her
8:03 pm
writing class. she heard a shot come through the window. she said she watched as her teacher was shot in the head. the gunman was ordering people to get on the ground. the man asked people to stand up and state their religion. and he began firing. >> at this hour there are ten reported dead and seven others wounded. the gunman was shot dead by police. this is another black moth for all americans. and it is our freedom and president obama delivered an impassion
8:04 pm
impassioned. in oregon it's a rural area that enjoys stunning nature and a relati relatively life style. i work in oregon. i visited roseburg. it's also gun country. police protection is far from many people. as a journalist, it pains me to report stories like this because i know how much personal damage it caused to people. the country takes a massive hit. 32 people killed in virginia tech, 27, sandy hook. 12 in aurora, colorado. the same number at the navy yard in washington. south carolina, nine shot dead in a church. there is no rational explanation for the carnage.
8:05 pm
none. we're living in a very dangerous time. deranged human beings feel murder is an entitlement. america searches for some kind of solution. tonight we'll examine the situation from a number of angles. now, top story tonight, joining us from oregon is a reporter for roseburg beacon newspaper. it's unusual. the suspect isn't identified yet. what do you know? >> well, i can tell you what we've heard versus what we know. there is a name floating out there. it's on social media sites. that placed a warping, bill, something like this was going to take place in the northwest. >> all right. so on social media, a man is being identified. i have the name. i'm not going to put it out there just in case there is a cruel hoax. and it's someone else's name.
8:06 pm
but usually the police will identify the individual when the individual is neutralized as they say, shot, dead in reality. do you have any idea why they're not releasing the name? >> well. i don't. i have a good relationship with the sheriff. i talked to him early as this is unfolding this morning and made several attempts to get into contact with him to no avail. and elected commissioners can't get answers either. >> i don't understand. they're going to have to explain why this is being kept quiet. there is a report from the "new york times" that the gunman, we do know the gunman, by the way is 20 years old. but they say he is a stewed --
8:07 pm
student. >> we have a text from one student that reads as follows. the shooter was lining people up and asked if they were christian. if they said yes, they were shot in the head and if they said nothing they were shot in the leg. 12 students and one faculty member confirmed dead. i don't know how it gets worse unless you hear there is a motive. >> we might mention that our latest numbers have ten dead now. it changes. now, it's ten dead.
8:08 pm
and 13 wounded. >> i think 13 is a good number. >> 13. whatever it is. the situation in your community, i've been there. this is so stunning because roseburg is a peaceful place. is it not? >> it's an ideal community for families. it's a small community based on timber and agriculture. we have a wine industry here this, is a place people want to retire to. we have a va center because we have a lot of veterans here. this is a wonderful and scenic part of the country. you've been here so you know this. >> there is a gun culture, it's recreational hunting. we're hearing the college debated having armed security guards on campus but they did not have them. can you confirm that? >> there is one security guard today. i talked to the last president, the most-recent president. ease not here anymore.
8:09 pm
bill olsen, i talked to him in boston today. and he said it's not true they're saying it's a gun-free zone. it's not a gun-free zone. our attorney general who should understand the laws of the state of oregon doesn't pass concept. today, the college president came out and announces from this day forward it will be a gun-free zone. bill, you said tomorrow isn't going to be any different. this status is confined to every ten feet won't have prevented this madman. >> if you want to get a gun and you're an insane killer you'll get a gun whether in america or norway or whenever. i know you've been working hard and thanks again. next, a mother whose son was in the middle of the murder rampage will join us. right back with her. feel secure in your dentures... feel free to be yourself all day.
8:10 pm
just switch from denture paste to sea-bond denture adhesive seals. holds stronger than the leading paste all day... without the ooze. feel secure. be yourself. with stronger, clean sea-bond. i-i-i clicked on some links, ugh the kids weren't even home. wait, wait, wait, this changes everything. it's cars.com service & repair feature. so we'll never pay more than we should. well done. research, price, find. get the right service without all the drama. you fifteen percent or more on huh, fiftcar insurance.uld save yeah, everybody knows that. well, did you know that playing cards with kenny rogers gets old pretty fast? ♪ you got to know when to hold'em. ♪ ♪ know when to fold 'em. ♪ know when to walk away. ♪ know when to run. ♪ you never count your money, ♪ when you're sitting at the ta...♪ what? you get it? i get the gist, yeah. geico. fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent or more on car insurance.
8:11 pm
8:12 pm
8:13 pm
we continue with the mass murder from oregon. joining us is maryland kitellman. the publisher of the beacon newspaper. her son was on campus when the shooting began. so, what did tell you miss kitellman. >> we didn't actually get to talk, bill, until he was all the way out. the way this goes i'm a former county commissioner. when things happen down here, often people call me to see what's going on. and i you got a call early on that say hey i hear there is a shooting out at uec. i got a texas that that was true. i you texted my son who was supposed to be in class and asked, you know, if he had heard anything. he said mom, we have got the desks pushed under and we are down behind the desks hiding. he said i you think it's just a drill. i don't think it's real.
8:14 pm
>> my son at age 17 is trained in firearms and he shoots and he is aware. he says you haven't heard anything. and it's a quiet campus. >> it is. and it's a beautiful place. and obviously this is the kind of thing that, you know, nobody would expect. as the publisher of the newspaper and i said this to david one of your find reporters. isn't it strange that the authorities aren't releasing the name of this man who was killed, the murderer? >> it is and let me just clarify for the record, too. i you work more as an editor in a smaller position. david actually as well as a reporter and publisher and owner of the beacon newspaper. just to clarify positions so i don't have in trouble after this. anyway, yes, it's very strange and, again, we he have pretty good rapport with the local sheriff. again, i was a county commissioner for four years. i can usually pick up a phone call and get an answer. even if they can't tell me who it is, if i give them a name will say yes or no. we have not been able to get confirmation. it's very strange you have
8:15 pm
local police and state police. i understand fbi. >> some. and they would call come in on a situation as intense as. this. >> also very strange, they made the first press conference on time. they had not shown up for the second scheduled press conference two hours after it was scheduled. no representative. we knew he was dead at noon. >> sure. we're going to have to get clarification for all these questions tomorrow. we appreciate it miss kitellman. thank you. let's bring in paul morgan who teaches astronomy. at the umpqua community college. what did you see today on campus. >> i was on campus early this morning and i was working with a crew for construction on observatory for the north part of campus and we heard gunshots. and then what did you do? >> we really didn't react too much.
8:16 pm
the only thing odd about the gunshots is they were kind of muffled and they seemed like at they were fairly rapid like bam, bam, bam, bam. which seemed peculiar. we finished up our work and the crew headed home and i went down to check out what was going on and i saw all the police cars, ambulances, and just a scene of mass chaos. >> now, there have been a lot of rumors floating around the campus that the shooter was a student there. young man, we have a name as i said we are not going to put that name out there because it might be a hoax. are you getting information that correlates to that? >> i don't know if the shooter was actually a student at the campus. i don't know that. >> what are you hearing from your students and from other people in the town because everybody is talking, so what's floating? what's floating around now? >> i think there is a lot of
8:17 pm
concerns and a lot of worry but not much information. i'm getting almost nothing from campus. there is a little bit flooding out on the ucc facebook page. but the web page crashed some time ago. completely went down all of our campus emails are stopped. the last email i had it said active shooter, this is a lockdown. this is not a drill. >> that's the last i i have heard. >> final question there is not big time security on the campus, is there? >> we do have 24 hour, seven day a week security. generally there is only like one or two security guards at a time on campus. >> for 3,000 kids that's not very many. it's a big crew. >> a big campus, too we are spread out quite a ways. it's not very many. that's correct. >> president obama very
8:18 pm
angry tonight blaming the murder on guns. we will hear from him and i will reply to what says. then an eyewitness reports from the hospital where many of the wounded are tonight. the factor will be right back. (vo) what does the world run on? it runs on optimism. it's what sparks ideas. moves the world forward. invest with those who see the world as unstoppable. who have the curiosity to look beyond the expected and the conviction to be in it for the long term. oppenheimerfunds believes that's the right way to invest... ...in this big, bold, beautiful world. hi hey you look good. thank you, i feel good. it all starts with eating right. that's something you taught me. that's why i eat amaz!n prunes now. they're delicious and help keep my body in balance.
8:19 pm
even this one loves them. you eat prunes? mhmm. it's true, feeling good starts with eating right. i love these. sunsweet amaz!n prunes, the feel good fruit.
8:20 pm
8:21 pm
8:22 pm
>> it cannot be this easy for someone to walk in and harm other people to get his or her hands on a gun. it's becoming routine is the response of those opposing any kind of common sense gun legislation. so the notion gun laws don't work will make it harder for law-abiding citizens is not borne out by the evidence and someone, somewhere will say obama politicized this issue.
8:23 pm
well, this is something we should politicize. it is relevant to our common lives together through the body of politics. >> okay. now, i don't have a script here, i'm just talking to president obama right now. okay? this is just me to him. you say that the states that have the most gun laws have the least gun violence. your home state of illinois has perhaps the most-stringent gun laws in the country. chicago is the largest city in illinois. since 2012, there have been 6,000 shootings. 6,000 shootings in the city of chicago. there have been 1679 murders in the city of chicago. many of them exactly where you worked as a community organizer.
8:24 pm
so you know the problem that chicago has. and you also know, mr. president, that chicago has extremely stringent gun laws. in fact, chicago is confiscating guns, against the second amendment until the court stopped that. so, most of the people in chicago say if we have all of these stringent gun control laws in the city and state, why do we have a holocaust? why? the reason is that criminals who need guns to do their business are going to get the guns because there are not stringent penalties if you violate gun laws in chicago or illinois. laws are on the books. they're not enforced and you, mr. president, have not made an
8:25 pm
issue of it. you don't mention the carnage in chicago. you do mention of individual things like what happened in oregon but chicago is like, doesn't exist. though this is your turf. your hometown. you're the guy who was there. i don't understand any of that. i don't get any of it. okay. let's get onto the issue of individual citizens having guns. the police in america are reactive. they react to crimes. they're not pro active. they can't be. there are too many people here. 325 million people here. city of new york where i live, they've driven crime down by community policing and being vigilant about the bad guys. you, you, mr. president want to put drug dealers, big time guys back on the streets because you consider that a nonviolent crime. of course they traffic in narcotics and use guns.
8:26 pm
so we don't have coordination here on the state, federal and local level on guns. and, you're not going to change the second amendment. i have a right to protect myself because there are crazed animals like the guy in oregon. there are people like that who will come after innocent people for no reason. you're going to deny me protection if i live in a rural area, like douglas county, oregon? the nearest cop is 40 miles away? i can't have a gun in the house to protect my family? come on. no reasonable control, laws about registration, you can't have an ak, and that, reasonable people say yes. if you're going to have the law, enforce it. anyone in this country committing a crime with a
8:27 pm
firearm, ten year mandatory prison term. all gun crimes, that will cut down on gun crime right away but will never stop the individual nuts, ever. but let's be honest about this and stop politicizing it. okay. plenty more ahead as the factor moves ahead this evening. we'll take you to the hospital where many of the wounded are being treated tonight. what is it about murder on college campuses? we'll take a look at that and hope you stay tuned for the reports. ♪
8:28 pm
the cold truth is, (coughing) you can't work from home when you're sick. you need real relief. alka-seltzer plus day cold & flu has three cold symptom fighters to relieve your tough symptoms. stay unstoppable. (truck horn) alka-seltzer plus. ♪ nothing artificial. just real roasted turkey. salt. pepper. carved thick. that's the right way to make a good turkey sandwich. the right way to eat it? is however you eat it.
8:29 pm
panera. food as it should be.
8:30 pm
8:31 pm
continuing now with our coverage. a former veteran studying at the campus when the shooting happened. tell us your story, mr. parker. >> i was sitting in the vet center studying with a group offer veterans. a gentleman came in and told us there was a shooting going on on campus. a few of us got up and wanted to check things out. i'm a conceal carry. we were willing to go try to current screen immediately leaving the room we were told by staff to get inside so we went to another building and got inside instead. >> what kind of gun did you have? >> a concealed one. >> you know, pistol?
8:32 pm
what kind of pistol? >> it was a pistol. a glok 4 o0. >> okay. so you were willing to go out and if there was a gunman running wild, you were willing to confront the gunman with your pistol. the authorities didn't want that. rightly so. they wanted everybody to be safe that's true. we could have gotten in the way being it was across the field. i heard he got into a fire fight with law enforcement and that's how he ultimately died. but, i have not been able to confirm that myself. >> okay. the area that you are in, a lot of people have conceal carry permits, right? >> right. >> and why do you have one? >> >> well, there seems to be
8:33 pm
have some laws about purchase your rights back from the government. so that's what i did a few years ago and i have just continued doing it. >> when you hear president obama saying that you need gun control to stop these mass slaughters, what do you say? >> i say look at chicago. >> that's exactly what i pointed to. this whole incident here, as a veteran, does this shock you that this could happen in a place like roseburg? it doesn't shock me that crimes like this can happen anywhere. of course when you are close to it. it's devastating because it's more personal when it's in your hometown yeah it shocks me. we appreciate it. we are glad you are safe tonight. chris boyce who was on the phone inside the crisis center. that's where you are, mr. boyce? >> yes, sir, that's where i am. >> okay. can you tell me why the
8:34 pm
sheriff, and the authorities have not announced the name of the dead killer? >> i cannot. you do not know what the reason for that is. have you asked anybody? you are right there. >> i'm actually not in the same facility as the sheriff. the sheriff is in a facility closer to the actual incident. i'm in the call center. >> do you have any information for us tonight that you believe the people of the u.s.a. should know? >> well, i have heard, you know, your argument about gun control with the president. we do live in auto rural community and we do have a very high rate of individuals here to exercise their right to bear arms and this is exactly the reason why my personal belief is the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. the american people are under the allusion that if you were to make guns
8:35 pm
completely illegal to own, that people wouldn't own them. and that's not true. as you well know, criminals have access to guns through the black market. as a matter of fact, i personally know people who manufacture guns in their own garages and have licenses to do so. there are pieces of metal that can be made. there is just no way to rid the earth of guns. >> all right. so the defense that the seakd amendment provides, it's not going to be overturned. it is conservative liberal argument to some extent. now, getting back to your county, there are some things going on here that are going to have to be explained by the authorities. you understand that we don't know who the gunman is. getting reports religion was involved in this. did you hear that report? >> i have heard rumors, yeah. >> just rumors though. you haven't been able to confirm anything. have you talked to any law enforcement people? do they tell you anything directly? >> they have been pretty quiet about answering
8:36 pm
requests until they know facts. and understandably so. i think there is a certain element of whoever these crazy people are that do this, a lot of times do it because they want to be famous and have their names spread around national media. >> that's interesting. but you know in a free society that the shooter's name is going to be out there. so is his picture. so is husband history. this is just the way we operate. so by keeping it from the public, you know, i don't know what is accomplished. it's a very interesting situation out there in douglass county. the law enforcement in douglass county is the same as anywhere else though, right? >> i would assume so, yes, sir. >> all right. so you are not -- there is nothing nefarious going on. it's just a judgment call that we have to have explained. is that fair? >> i would say that's very fair. >> all right. well, we appreciate it, mr. boyce. thank you for helping us out. when we come right back. we will take you to the hospital where some innocent folks are fighting for their lives tonight. we'll have a firsthand
8:37 pm
report from there moments away. ♪ ♪ (charge music) re an organist without hearing them first. charge! so why would you invest without checking brokercheck? check your broker with brokercheck. made with hydrogenated oil... ...but real joyful moments are shared over the real cream in reddi-wip. ♪ reddi-wip. (flourish spray noise) share the joy. share the joy. ♪song: "that's life" ♪song: "that's life" ♪song: "that's life"♪
8:38 pm
that's life. you diet. you exercise. and if you still need help lowering your blood sugar... ...this is jardiance. along with diet and exercise, jardiance works around the clock to lower blood sugar in adults with type 2 diabetes. it works by helping your body to get rid of some of the sugar it doesn't need through urination. this can help you lower blood sugar and a1c. and although it's not for weight loss or lowering systolic blood pressure, jardiance could help with both. jardiance can cause serious side effects including dehydration. this may cause you to feel dizzy, faint or lightheaded, or weak upon standing. other side effects are genital yeast infections, urinary tract infections, changes in urination, kidney problems, and increased bad cholesterol. do not take jardiance if you are on dialysis or have severe kidney problems. stop taking jardiance and call your doctor right away if you have symptoms of an allergic reaction. symptoms may include rash, swelling, and difficulty breathing or swallowing. taking jardiance with a sulfonylurea or insulin may cause low blood sugar. tell your doctor about all the medicines you take and if you have any medical conditions.
8:39 pm
so talk to your doctor, and for details, visit jardiance.com.
8:40 pm
thanks for staying with us, i'm bill o'reilly. personal story segment tonight. right now estimated 7 people were wounded by the
8:41 pm
20-year-old gunman. that we can tell you. some of them being treated tonight at the peace health and river bend bend hospital in springfield, oregon. on the phone from that facility the director of communications jim bold. what kind of injuries did you see coming into the hospital, mr. gabold. >> i didn't see them when they came to the emergency department. all i can really tell you is they were gunshot wounds and one of the patients is in critical condition, indicating a serious gunshot wound, two patients were in surgery immediately. one is being prepped for surgery now. but the other two patients are listed in serious condition. not quite as seriously injured as the one in critical. >> however is your hospital from the community college? i think we are roughly 75 miles north current state 7 a in the roseburg area. >> medevac hospitals taken into your facility? >> we just received three
8:42 pm
patients. the three that we did receive. two came by helicopter and one by a fixed wing aircraft did the patients say anything to the doctors or hospital or nurses? >> not that i have been told. >> basically you have one person critical condition. fiewght for his -- is it his or her. >> three female patients ranging in age from 18 to 34. >> wow. one fights for her life and two stable right now is that the condition that we have? >> serious doesn't indicate stable. it indicates that, you know, they are still in very doocy medical shape. so, but they are not critical, which under indicates they are all in the intensive care unit. that's another good way of saying it. >> when someone is in critical care, the one woman who is fighting for her life, is she in surgery now? >> i'm not sure which
8:43 pm
patients are in surgery. one has just come out of surgery. one is still in surgery and has been for some time. and one is being prepped to go into surgery and may be in there now. >> does your hospital specialize in this kind of trauma. >> well, we are a level two trauma center we are equipped to provide all of the services necessary to care for this kind of trauma, sure. absolutelily, in fact, we see gunshot wounds all the time in our emergency department. >> how do you see them? are they accidental or are they criminal acts? >> both. >> attempted suicide. criminal acts. accidental shooting. >> now, there is going to it be a big focus put on the gun issue in your community and probably the entire state of oregon. do you feel that a fair situation? >> that's not really my area of expertise, bill okay so
8:44 pm
you don't want to comment on it i don't blawm you. one is fighting for her life. two are are not critical though, right? critical condition? >> serious means that their vital signs may be outside of normal limits. and they are acutely ill. >> okay. now, it's a damn shame. it really is that these kids and these people have to go through this. >> two of the victims' families have made it to our hospital at river bend and we are tag care of them here, too. >> and have they said anything to you, mr. gabold, about the women who were shot? have the families said anything to you? >> not yet. we are just having the clinicians caring for their patients and our pastoral care team talk with them right now. >> interesting. pastoral care team. what is that made of? >> those are chaplains and counselors who specialize in people who are going through a traumatic stressful event as a result of needing to
8:45 pm
come to a hospital. they have expertise in how to listen to people and talk to them about what they are feeling and going through. >> now the families have not been able to see the three patients; is that correct? >> i don't know that. if they were in surgery, of course not until they got out of the recovery room. >> if they are not conscious, do you let the families see that they are okay? >>s that kind of done on a case by case basis depending on what the physician and the team caring for the patient think is best. >> all right. thank you very much for taking the time. i know you are very busy tonight. in a moment, college campuses, are they dangerous places these days? right back with it. [announcer] you're on the right track to save big
8:46 pm
8:47 pm
during sleep train's triple choice sale. for a limited time, you can choose
8:48 pm
up to 48 months interest-free financing on a huge selection of tempur-pedic models. or choose to save $300 on beautyrest and posturepedic mattress sets. you can even choose $300 in free gifts with sleep train's most popular stearns & foster mattresses. the triple choice sale -- on now at sleep train. ♪ sleep train ♪ your ticket to a better night's sleep ♪
8:49 pm
back of the book segment tonight, shootings at a school in sandy hook connect cut new town at virginia tech and umpqua community college raise a simple question are american students safe. joining us from san antonio, texas martin expert on college campus shootings. do you know why they are not giving the shooter's name out. >> i think i have a good idea as a death investigator, bill. even though the suspect is do ceased and people might think this is the end of the investigation. it's actually the beginning of the investigation. and i know that right now the police departments are securing search warrants for any vehicle that the suspect mute have driven to the campus and also any place of residence. and if there are or people associated like family members, not associated with this incident, but people that know him, that may have want to protect him after he is dead, they don't want to release that name until they have secured the vehicle and it mitt -- hit the house.
8:50 pm
>> i think there also might be something about protecting the family that, you know, if you put the name out and then the family members in the community you got to get them in a position where they are you've position where they're not going to be harmed by somebody who might overreact. however, you know, doctor, that this is very unusual. that, usually, the police will put forth the name of the perpetrator, particularly when the perpetrator is no longer on this earth. and they don't hold it back for 24 hours. and they don't do this kind of thing. this is an unusual situation. >> bill, it's also unusual the size of the agency that's working. this is not losageless or dallas.
8:51 pm
look, i'm not complaining. now, abc news is reporting, again, this is being kept under wraps. the guy had three handguns and a rifle. why would they hold that back? here's what he had. and that kind of thing. i mean, i've fwot to tell you why they haven't done that. i would think that that's a little bit unusual. i would be transparent there. you're starting to see that schools are tar gets. is that an overstatement?
8:52 pm
>> no, whether they're high schools or elementary schools, they are a target. and there's a good reason. you have a lot of sheep. you have limited protection. they're going to be immediately overwhelmed by something like this. that's why these ticking time bombs and we will find that this person is a ticking time bomb, that's why when he had a precipitating moment, that's why we have to find out what was the straw that broke the camel's back here. he had a plan to hurt as many people as possible and it's easy shooting.
8:53 pm
>> now, the president and many americans believe that if the federal government cracked down on firearms and made it more difficult to obtain, the people that you're talking about . >> that's completely incorrect. i thought you made some comment points about the strictest gun laws. the states and cities would have the strictest gun laws. you've mentioned them all. >> so what do you believe can be done, if anything, to protect americans from the ticking time
8:54 pm
bombs as you put it. >> well, two things. i agree very much with what you said. people have to follow through with it. having a federal sen tans that goes through all 50 states is an excellent suggestion. however, they have to follow through and they have to sentence, strictly. number two, the people that are -- that do have mental health disorders and the people that are restricted, if you go and fill out the license form or the gun purchase form, the federal government has got to, you know, staff that appropriately with both manpower and technology.
8:55 pm
hundred million guns are on the street. and that's depressing. i wish there was a magic wand, doctor. i really do. when people go to your web site, check it out. we appreciate your expertise. tonight, we have some comments on the think your heartburn pill works fast? take the zantac it chall zantac works in as little as 30 minutes. nexium can take 24 hours. when heartburn strikes, take zantac for faster relief than nexium or your money back. take the zantac it challenge. on top of your health?ay ahh... ahh... cigna customers have plan choices and tools to take control. so they're more engaged, with fewer high health risks and lower medical costs. take control of your health at cigna dot com slash take control.
8:56 pm
to help those in need. here to volunteer when a twinge of back pain surprises him. morning starts in high spirits but there's
8:57 pm
a growing pain in his lower back. as lines grow longer, his pain continues to linger. but after a long day of helping others, he gets some helpful advice. just two aleve have the strength to keep back pain away all day. today, jason chose aleve. aleve, all day strong. and try aleve pm, now with an easy open cap. >> we do have an idea on the shooter now. 26-year-old chris harper mercer. we're tracking him now. trying to figure out who he is or whatever. but, again, authorities in oregon saying the 26-year-old chris harper mercer is the murderer of ten people in oregon this morning. we're not going to have any tip or mail because of the breaking news.
8:58 pm
also, i'll tell you tomorrow, we have an interview with jeb bush. i'll take it today. it's a different kind of jeb bush than you've ever seen before. >> all of these stories have one thing in common. evil. if you are a believer in judeo christian philosophy, you know that life is a struggle between good and evil. and human beings are compelled to choose good if they want to be rewarded after death. that is the crux of judeao christian philosophy. but for those who do not believe in anything, there is no struggle. there is only impulse. most nonbelievers can control
8:59 pm
themselves, but a few cannot. if you believe in nothing, anything goes. if you are an out-of-control-person. individuals by societies reject the greater good and embrace only the selfish moment. you can track them. you can look at then. there are millions of mentally ill people in this world. it is part of the human condition. but, by rejecting standards of good and accepting harmful behavior as normal, the world is a much more dangerous place. that is it for us tonight. we thank you all for watching.
9:00 pm
we'll see you tomorrow for another edition of "the factor." >> breaking tonight, here we go again. another mass shooting in a gun-free zone. and another presidential statement attacking gun rights supporters. at this hour, we are awaiting a news conference following a mass shooting. we are getting a lot of new information about the killer and what cops have found at the scene. welcome to the kelly file, everyone. i'm megyn kelly. >> a community shaken to its core.

53 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on