Skip to main content

tv   Hannity  FOX News  October 3, 2015 2:00am-3:01am PDT

2:00 am
>> strong letter to follow. panel, thank you very much. thank you for inviting us into your home tonight. that's it for "special report," fair, balanced and unafraid. greta goes "on the record" right now. thank you for watching, everyone. this is "the kelly file." tonight, russia continues to walk all over the united states. donald trump is here to explain how he would deal with vladimir putin's power play in syria. plus -- >> i'm putting the people on notice that are coming here from syria as part of this mass migration. if i win, they're going back. they're going back. >> the republican frontrunner will weigh in on the growing refugee crisis. >> this is something we should politicize. >> and governor mike huckabee slams the president for politicizing guns. >> because you're a christian,
2:01 am
you're going to see god in just about one second. then he shot and killed them. >> our panel goes inside the mind of a madman. "hanni "hannity" starts right here right now. welcome to "hannity." we'll explain how the gunman reportedly targeted christians. we'll have reaction to president obama's outrageous remarks about the tragedy. pentagon officials are telling fox news russia carried out another wave of air strikes. the president said he's not going to get into a proxy war with putin. fox news has been reporting that the air raids are hitting non-isis targets, including the u.s.-backed rebel forces and more conviflict in syria, that means more refugees fleeing that country and seeking asylum in
2:02 am
america. the administration has announced it will take in tens of thousands of these migrants. donald trump does not think this is a very smart idea. take a look at what he said earlier this week. >> the number i'm hearing is inconceivable. it started off with 10,000. the other day i heard 200,000. we're going to take in 200,000 syrians or wherever they come from. we have no idea. there's no identification. there's no anything. i'm putting the people on notice that are coming here from syria as part of this mass migration that if i win, if i win, they're going back. >> now earlier i sat down with donald trump to talk about the situation in russia and syria and of course russia targeting u.s.-backed forces there. let's take a look. >> let me ask you under the guise -- vladimir putin under the guise of going after isis,
2:03 am
he didn't attack isis. he went after u.s.-backed cia trained, cia armed anti-assad forces. in other words, kind of a proxy attack against the united states. how would you handle that as president? >> well, the only thing i have a problem with is that the rebels, we don't know who they are, sean. we really don't. i was talking to a general last week about that and they have no idea who these people are, where they come from. they might isis for all we know. you have assad who is the bad guy, but sometimes the bad guy is better than the people we're going to put in. you have to look at what happened in libya and what happened in iraq. it's hard to get enthusiastic about backing for billions of dollars people who we have no idea who they are. they talk about the rebels and the free syria, but this has happened to us over the years. we've been scammed by many, many
2:04 am
people. russia will probably be in a quagmire. they'll be stuck in there for years to come. if you remember what happened with them in afghanistan, they broke up the soviet union. they went bankrupt fighting in afghanistan. they may very well end up in a quagmire here too. iran, because we've made them so wealthy now with $150 billion with a stupid deal that was signed, but think of just the money, now they're going in and they're doing the ground fighting. you have russia and iran that we have driven together. we've had the dumbest foreign policy people maybe ever in history of our recorded country. it's very sad what's happening. we're just rolled by every country that touches us, every country that sees us. >> to what extent should we be
2:05 am
concerned about vladimir putin's ambition, restoring russia as a dominant world power, gaining influence in an area they haven't been in since the early 1970s? shouldn't that be stopped now at this point since it is probably going to go because of the vacuum created by president obama's leadership? >> you're probably going to end up in an area -- frankly, i want to see us rebuild the united states, our roads, our bridges, our tunnels, our airports. now we'll end up in syria for the next 20 years. iraq, afghanistan, no matter where we go. we never fight for victory. i think it started with vietnam. we don't go for victory. we just keep going and going and going and nothing ever gets won. we used to be the country that never lost a war. now we never win a war. we haven't had the right
2:06 am
leaders. we haven't had the right thinking or thought process, but if i win, that will change and it will change quickly, sean. i do not like our military being bogged down in syria for the rest of our lives. that could happen very well to russia, frankly. >> what happened this past week, we had a russian general barging into a u.s. military base ordering america to stop flying their planes in syria. i don't think donald trump would take too well to that. >> it all started this weekend where you had putin and obama meeting and putin has no respect for our president whatsoever. but it all took place this weekend. they met. a day after they meet, he sends troops in and obama knew nothing about it. he sends planes in really and obama knew nothing about it, but what he definitely didn't know about was iran was going to be sending troops in.
2:07 am
you have iran with the troops and russia with the airplanes and you have a total mess. obama knew nothing about it. then they get word stay out of here, we're taking over. it's a total lack of respect and it's over syria and it's a terrible situation. >> you mentioned that we are now going to take in 200,000 syrian iraqi refugees. we see what's happening to europe. believe it or not, germany is now printing their constitution in arabic for the refugees to learn. our national intelligence director james clapper has said both isis and al qaeda will infiltrate the refugee population in an attempt to gain access to america. what specifically would you do regarding the refugee crisis? >> first of all, i can't believe they're doing what they're doing in germany and they're going to have revolutions in germany because the german people are not exactly thrilled with what's going on.
2:08 am
i heard 10,000 people in the united states. the last number i heard was 200,000. >> that's correct. >> we owe all this money to china, japan, $19 trillion. we're a mess as a country. we can't do it for a lot of reasons. i'm watching this migration. i see a lot of men and i see a lot of young strong men. i don't see a lot of women. it's very interesting. it could be one of the greatest coups of all time. we have no idea where they come from. they could be isis. it could be a plot. i don't want to think in terms of conspiracy, but it could be a plot or at least a lot of them could be wrong, but we have no idea. they have no credentials. we don't know what we're doing, and we're moving in 200,000. whoever comes in, i'm putting them on notice we're going to
2:09 am
ship them out. somebody said to me how can you possibly ship that many out. they're shipping them in. why can't we ship them out? it's ridiculous. they're saying you can't do it because it's too many people. one other thing -- >> yes, we can actually. we can. >> in the 1950s -- >> our national intelligence is saying isis is going to infiltrate. >> they are going to infiltrate. if we take 200,000 people, and they could very well be isis, we are absolutely insane. this country is going insane. >> coming up, we'll have more with donald trump right after the break. we'll ask him about his standing in the polls, his tax plan. then former governor mike huckabee is slamming obama for politicizing the tragedy in
2:10 am
oregon. we'll get in the mind of a madman. is it a chemical problem or maybe a spiritual problem, straight ahead? i'm angela, and i quit smoking with chantix. for ten long years i was ready to quit. but i couldn't do it on my own. i needed help and chantix was there. and i did it. along with support, chantix (varenicline) is proven to help people quit smoking. it reduces the urge to smoke. some people had changes in behavior, thinking or mood, hostility, agitation, depressed mood and suicidal thoughts or actions while taking or after stopping chantix. some had seizures while taking chantix. if you have any of these, stop chantix
2:11 am
and call your doctor right away. tell your doctor about any history of mental health problems, which could get worse or of seizures. don't take chantix if you've had a serious allergic or skin reaction to it. if have these, stop chantix and call your doctor right away as some can be life-threatening. tell your doctor if you have heart or blood vessel problems, or develop new or worse symptoms. get medical help right away if you have symptoms of a heart attack or stroke. decrease alcohol use while taking chantix. use caution when driving or operating machinery. most common side effect is nausea. i never thought i would be a non-smoker and i'm so proud. ask your doctor if chantix is right for you.
2:12 am
2:13 am
now back to "hannity." welcome back to "hannity." here is more of my interview where 2016 gop frontrunner donald trump. >> this is an amazing poll. 29.1% you have in south
2:14 am
carolina. ben carson 16. carly 11. ted cruz, 8%. what does that tell us about where we are politically in this country today? >> well, i think more than anything else it tells you people are very unhappy. they're tired of looking at what's going on everywhere. we don't have victories anymore. we never win anymore. we lose on trade. look at isis. can you believe this situation? we lose on obamacare, something people don't even talk about, and yet their premiums have going up 45%, 55%. nobody even talks about it anymore. hey, my premiums are up 55% and they're tired of it. i think we're all doing well because people are just disgusted with what's going on in our country. >> you know something. i think that moment -- it's not often you hear a presidential candidate -- although real
2:15 am
people use the word b.s. it's not often you hear a candidate -- but i think it's probably true. they wouldn't be competing with each other for this position if they really loved each other that match. you've been battling rubio a little bit. you've been battling jeb a little bit. do you think that helps you? you always say you counterpunch. you only respond. you won't attack first. has that been pretty much your rule in life? >> it's certainly been my rule here. rand paul is down to 1%. i don't want to mention their names. i'm embarrassed to mention their names. perry hit me hard. i thought he was a friend of mine. he hit me hard because he was dying with the whole situation. you look at walker who was really nice and had a friend of mine. he had to hit me because he had to pick up and now he's out.
2:16 am
it's called all talk, no action. >> i've said we need a new speaker. i think john boehner was weak. he wouldn't fight. he would surrender before a battle even started. there are four issues that republicans have dealt poorly with. immigration. two would be i think they're caving now on planned parenthood. three would be this iranian deal. they never used their constitutional power, the power that congress of the purse. i had kevin mccarthy on the other night. will you use that power if you're president? will you urge republicans to fight and if it means getting blamed for a government shutdown to use the power to defund these things that are hurting the country so badly? >> i would. one of the things you didn't mention was obamacare. >> i did say that. >> obamacare, they could have
2:17 am
been ended obamacare if they stuck together. they didn't stick together. you'd have a certain group that wanted to fight it, but it's a funny thing. i've watched these politicians get elected. they're full of vigor. they're in these beautiful cathedrals. they have these gorgeous vaulted ceilings and columns. they become weak and they want to stay. the answer is we have to do something, but obamacare is another one that you have to put on that list because that could have been broken. >> yeah, that was on my list. >> we've got a horrible rulings by justice roberts, who was a bush appointment. two horrible rulings and a friend of jeb bush. we have two horrible rulings that should have been died twice. you can almost call it roberts care just as much as obamacare. if the republicans stuck
2:18 am
together, they could have ended it. >> ted cruz stood alone. >> he did. >> to fulfill the promise that every other one of them made and he became a pariah. last question. it's about hillary. we have discovered the fbi is going to be able to recover the 33,000 deleted e-mails or a good percentage of them. we know now that the russians tried on five separate occasions hacking into her e-mail account. we now know the number of e-mails that were considered classified are more than 400, even though she denied she ever sent or received classified material. you have said you don't she gets the nomination. biden sets reticent. how do you think this plays out? >> i think she probably does get the nomination. what i did say is she shouldn't be allowed to have the nomination because what she did is illegal. what she did is far worse than general petraeus who went
2:19 am
through hell. he was convicted of a very serious situation and he did 5% of what she did, maybe less than that. i just don't think that the prosecutors who are democrats are going to do anything about it, which is pretty serious stuff. i just don't see it happening from that standpoint. many people have said and many scholars have said not only on your show, by the way, they've said it everywhere that what she did is a criminal act, but i don't think the prosecutors are going to prosecute. >> you laid out your plan. i thought it was a very conservative plan. i think bringing back the trillions of dollars in repatuation that countries have parked offshore, that's a good part of it. lowering the corporate rate makes america a tax safe haven. some have said it is not revenue neutral. what is your response to them? >> the economy is going to grow
2:20 am
at such a rapid pace. it's so dynamic. it's such a good plan. it is a big reduction in taxes for really everybody. we get rid of some of the bad loopholes. the hedge fund guys benefitted. the fact is the economy -- everyone's going to benefit. i'm going a lot of cost cutting. we'll cut a lot of the waste that you have in government, which is enormous. >> million dollar soccer fields for terrorists. we are dumb. >> waste beyond. we have a great plan that's been really well received by a lot of people. we're really proud of it. it's going to create jobs and a great economy and it is going to low lower taxes. >> i like the plan. i would add energy independence to it because i think that would add a lot of jobs to the economy too. >> we will have energy
2:21 am
independence, i guarantee that. coming up next -- >> somebody somewhere will comment and say obama politicized this issue. well, this is something we should politicize. >> president obama sinks to yet a new rhetorical low. also tonight -- >> are you a christian, he would ask them. and if you're a christian, stand up. they would stand up. he said, good, because you're a christian you're going to see god in just about one second and god in just about one second and then he shot and killed
2:22 am
♪song: "that's life" ♪song: "that's life" god in just about one second and then he shot and killed ♪song: "that's life" ♪song: "that's life"♪ that's life. you diet. you exercise. and if you still need help lowering your blood sugar... ...this is jardiance. along with diet and exercise, jardiance works around the clock to lower blood sugar in adults with type 2 diabetes. it works by helping your body to get rid of some of the sugar it doesn't need through urination. this can help you lower blood sugar and a1c. and although it's not for weight loss or lowering systolic blood pressure, jardiance could help with both.
2:23 am
jardiance can cause serious side effects including dehydration. this may cause you to feel di faint or lightheaded, or weak upon standing. other side effects are genital yeast infections, urinary tract infections, changes in urination, kidney problems, and increased bad cholesterol. do not take jardiance if you are on dialysis or have severe kidney problems. stop taking jardiance and call your doctor right away if you have symptoms of an allergic reaction. symptoms may include rash, swelling, and difficulty breathing or swallowing. taking jardiance with a sulfonylurea or insulin may cause low blood sugar. tell your doctor about all the medicines you take and if you have any medical conditions. so talk to your doctor, and for details, visit jardiance.com. welcome back to "hannity." america is in mourning after yesterday's tragic shooting at a community college in oregon. tonight much is still unknown about the deranged gunman who murdered nine people in cold
2:24 am
blood. however, according to multiple accounts, the shooter targeted his victims because of their christian faith. unfortunately in the moments following the shooting, the president decided to turn political and lecture america once again about gun control. watch this. >> it cannot be this easy for somebody who wants to inflict harm on other people to get his or her hands on a gun. somebody somewhere will comment and say, obama politicized this issue. well, this is something we should politicize. >> without knowing a thing, he rushes to politicize and is proud of it. here with reaction republican presidential candidate mike h huckabee is with us. i would argue a presidency with
2:25 am
many rhetorical points, all of those things, this is a new low, even for this president to me without knowing a thing, without knowing the names of the victims even at the time. what is your reaction to that? >> well, it was very offensive, sean, because we didn't know any of the details. we later found out he was targeting christians. he once again and goes out and says we need to change the laws. mr. president, you talk about this being the 15th time. could you tell us what law you would change that would have prevented this, because every time he makes a proposal for a law, the clear reality is it would not have prevented it. i'll tell you what stopped that shooter, sean. what stopped that shooter was the police officer that showed up the gun.
2:26 am
>> these schools, these gun-free zones that we have, they have sitting targets, groups of children in some cases. why is it such a bad idea to use retired policemen that are armed and put them in our schools and let everybody know that they're there? this way at least there's some level of defense for those innocent kids on campus. wouldn't that stop some of these murders? >> if it didn't stop them from starting, it would certainly keep them from having 10, 15 minutes of uninterrupted murder. would they arm the one security officer that would be on the campus? they chose not to. they have a security officer. he's unarmed. that's a decision that they made. i think it probably maybe in
2:27 am
ret retrospect i would like them to say maybe it wasn't the best decision. would it have stopped the shooter from showing up? i don't know, but it could have kept him from killing as many people. sean, i've got to really hit home. when the president keeps talking about we need to do something, he's always wanting to tinker with the second amendment. i wonder if he would want to tinker with the first amendment. the gunman he did this because he wanted to be famous. let's not give this guy fame. let's not put his picture up. let's don't give his name out. let's just call him the cowardly murderer. let's call him the animal, the savage, but let's not honor him.
2:28 am
>> i'm not sure if you're still preaching governor -- >> it's been about 25 years. >> i think there's something to glean from are you a christian. stand up. you're going to see god in a second. what do you take from that? >> i take it that it's a person who hates christianity, a person who hates those who faith gives them peace and tranquility that he doesn't have. we saw the same kind of thing at the charleston shooting where a person specifically targets people in a church. it wasn't just a random gathering of some garden club. it was a church. in this case, he specifically called out. he didn't say are you a boy scout. he didn't call out and say do you belong to some particular organization like the tea party. he specifically said are you a
2:29 am
christian. and if they said yes, they were shot in the head. it's clearly a hate crime. >> analyze for me the president's compulsion. it seems that it is an impulse for him. i'll give you the examples. republicans are social darwinists. they put their party above their country. he goes out of his way to pit americans against americans. we see it every election cycle. republicans don't care about kids with down syndrome. they don't care about the elderly. they want to poison the air and water. we're going to put you back in chains, as biden sa en says. isn't this the opposite of what he said he wanted to do when he first ran for president? >> he could have been the most conciliatory president in our lifetime. instead he has chosen to make everything all about us versus
2:30 am
them. we have never been so polarized as we are right now. i think when a tragedy happens the president's primary job is not to try to analyze it, but try to bring some sense of human perspective to it. we saw that. bill clinton was able to do that. >> that's a good point. >> ronald reagan was able stood that. george bush was able to do that. this president has not been able to simply leave the politics out of it and make it about the country and the people who are adversely effected and the families left behind to grieve and survive. >> before the names were known or the bodies were cold, he's advancing an agenda. very sad. thanks for being with us. >> thank you, sean. coming up, president obama doubling down on his outrageous politically charged rhetoric about the tragic shooting in oregon. we're going to play you his remarks from earlier today. we'll get reaction. later tonight, inside the mind
2:31 am
of a madman. what could make a person do something like this? is it spiritual? is it chemical? we're here with reaction. just like eddie, the first step to reaching your retirement goals is to visualize them. then, let the principal help you get there. join us as we celebrate eddie's retirement, and start planning your own. same eyes. same laugh. and since she's had moderate alzheimer's disease, i've discovered we have the same fighting spirit, too. that's why i asked her doctor about new once-a-day namzaric™. vo: new namzaric is approved for moderate to severe alzheimer's disease in patients who are currently taking, and can continue to take certain doses of both namenda and donepezil. new namzaric is the first and only treatment to combine 2 proven alzheimer's medicines into a single once-a-day capsule that works 2 ways to fight the symptoms of moderate to severe alzheimer's disease. once-a-day namzaric may improve cognition and overall function
2:32 am
and may slow the worsening of symptoms for a while. namzaric does not change how the disease progresses. it shouldn't be taken by anyone allergic to memantine, donepezil, piperidine or any of the ingredients in namzaric. before starting treatment, tell the doctor about any medical conditions they have... including heart or lung problems, seizures, stomach ulcers, bladder, kidney, or liver problems. tell the doctor if the patient will have any procedures involving anesthesia, which may cause muscle problems. other serious side effects may occur, including slow heartbeat and fainting; increased stomach acid, which may raise the chance of ulcers and bleeding; nausea and vomiting; difficulty passing urine, seizures, and worsening of lung problems. the most common side effects associated with namzaric are headache, diarrhea, dizziness, loss of appetite, and bruising. woman: mom and i share a lot of moments. and we're making the most of each one. vo: ask your doctor if new namzaric is right for your loved one. we were in a german dance group. i wore lederhosen. so i just started poking around on ancestry.
2:33 am
then, i decided to have my dna tested through ancestry dna. it turns out i'm scottish. so, i traded in my lederhosen for a kilt. feel free to be yourself all day.... just switch from denture paste to sea-bond denture adhesive seals. holds stronger than the leading paste all day... without the ooze. feel secure. be yourself. with stronger, clean sea-bond. ...as a combination of see products..
2:34 am
and customers. every on-time arrival is backed by thousands of od employees, ...who make sure the millions of products we ship arrive without damages. because od employees treat customer service... ...like our most important delivery. od. helping the world keep promises. i tried depend last weekend. it really made the difference between a morning around the house and getting a little exercise. only depend underwear has new confidence core technology for fast absorption and the smooth, comfortable fit of fit-flex™ protection. get a coupon at depend.com hi hey you look good. thank you, i feel good. it all starts with eating right.
2:35 am
that's something you taught me. that's why i eat amaz!n prunes now. they're delicious and help keep my body in balance. even this one loves them. you eat prunes? mhmm. it's true, feeling good starts with eating right. i love these. sunsweet amaz!n prunes, the feel good fruit. just like eddie, the first step to reaching your retirement goals is to visualize them. then, let the principal help you get there.
2:36 am
join us as we celebrate eddie's retirement, and start planning your own. i'm going to talk about this on a regular basis, and i will politicize it because our inaction is a political decision that we are making. you can't kill as many people when you don't have easy access to these kinds of weapons. >> that was the president earlier today at the white house doubling down on his comments about politicizing the oregon massacre. here with reaction mark furman and bowe deedle. we know nothing about what
2:37 am
happened. president pushover with iran races out there to be a tough guy. it is just disgusting. i don't care where you stand on the issue of guns. to not send out sympathies to the families, that's just wrong. >> you know i love president obama. i voted for him. twice. >> twice. >> absolutely. >> i disagree with his comments on this issue. this is not a gun control issue. especially right after the deaths. the investigation has shown so far there was not a law that would have stopped this from happening. >> thank you. >> a person who is crazy. >> for example, i think the greatest solution to this bowe is guys like you, retired detectives, retired policemen, give them a job. >> i think we all agree on one thing. to be an effective security person, you have to -- you're dealing with firearms regardless
2:38 am
of it is a terrorist or a psychopath. you have to be able to deter it. if you don't have a gun, you're not going to be able to deter it. the fact that guy was on an open campus. it wasn't a gun-free campus because some of the guys were carrying a gun. >> but they were locked down by the college telling them not to go outside. i'll be damned if i'm sitting there with a gun -- >> i'd be out there in two minutes. >> i'm a gun owner. i'm from alabama. >> i think people should be responsible gun owners. i think if you have kids at home -- my kids can't get to my guns. there are some irresponsible gun owners, but the vast overwhelming majority are responsible. would we be safer to allow security guards, former cops, detectives, give them jobs in schools? wouldn't that work? keep these kids safe.
2:39 am
>> sure it would work, sean. they're just as important as public officials, government officials, court buildings, fbi offices. you can't go in there without seeing an armed guard somewhere, but it usually comes down to cost. to have an armed retired police officer, you have to have a sufficient amount of money. you're going to have more than one. you're going to have to have more than two. most colleges are 24-hour campuses. they have live on students. the issue comes down to money, so we need to first tackle that. then the ethics, most colleges are run by liberal-type professors and administrators who don't want anything to do with a police state or a police presence or any kind of enforcement or any strong arm tactics. we are sitting ducks, absolutely. >> we do allow security.
2:40 am
we sprinkle in the unarmed guards. then we put an armed person, retired cop or a retired detective, sprinkled in there specifically for an incident like this. but i think the point here is why does this president now capitalize on this, people killed there? why did he capitalize from his hometown where he was the organizer there? our kids are being killed. 15 dead. why isn't he making the capitalization on that? because it doesn't adhere to his political agenda. that's what it is all about. it shouldn't be used. i feel very every kid. every kid that gets killed on our streets, we should ban together and stop the shootings because they're all illegal guns. they're not nra guns. >> go ahead. >> sean, what's interesting in chicago you have repeat offenders, gang members, that are using guns every single day.
2:41 am
you can't attack m.o. and the person specifically. this attack yesterday in oregon is much like a lone wolf terrorist. one time shot and he's dead. he intended to die before he left that sc that was probably his purpose. >> eric, you and your fellow libs need to go after your president. what he did is a rhetorical low for him? >> let's go shoot. i'm a good shot. >> we have a lot more coming up tonight right here on "hannity." are you a christian, he would ask them. if you're a christian, stand up. good, because you're a christian, you're going to see god in just about one second. and then he shot and killed them. >> disturbing reports that the >> disturbing reports that the gunman good. very good.
2:42 am
you see something moving off the shelves and your first thought is to investigate the company. you are type e*. yes, investment opportunities can be anywhere... or not. but you know the difference. e*trade's bar code scanner. shorten the distance between intuition and action. e*trade opportunity is everywhere. if you have moderate to severe ...isn't it time to let the... ...real you shine... ...through? introducing otezla, apremilast. otezla is not an injection, or a cream. it's a pill that treats plaque psoriasis differently. some people who took otezla saw 75% clearer skin after 4 months. and otezla's prescribing information has no requirement for routine lab monitoring. don't take otezla if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. otezla may increase... ...the risk of depression. tell your doctor if you have a history of depression... ...or suicidal thoughts,
2:43 am
or if these feelings develop. some people taking otezla reported weight loss. your doctor should monitor your weight and may stop treatment. side effects may include diarrhea, nausea, upper respiratory tract infection, and headache. tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, and if you're pregnant or planning to be. ask your doctor about otezla today. otezla. show more of you. ♪ nothing artificial. just real roasted turkey. carved thick. that's the right way to make a good turkey sandwich. the right way to eat it? is however you eat it. panera. food as it should be. ♪
2:44 am
♪ the beautiful sound of customers making the most of their united flight. power, wi-fi, and streaming entertainment. that's... seize the journey friendly. ♪
2:45 am
2:46 am
welcome back to "hannity" as details about the oregon gunman slowly come to light, disturbing reports say he specifically targeted christians at the deaddead deadly rampage at the college yesterday. >> he shot the professor point blank. one shot, killed him.
2:47 am
took him right out of it. others had been injured. then he -- this man had enough time -- i don't know how much time that lasted before he was able to stand there and start asking people one by one what their religion was. are you a christian, he would ask them. if you're a christian, stand up. they would stand up. he said good. because you're a christian, you're going to see god in just about one second and then he shot and killed them. he kept going down the line doing this to people. >> getting in the mind of a madman, dr. keith ablow is with us and father jonathan morris. it's an obvious thing to me that anybody who has no empathy, sympathy, understanding of what they're doing, by definition they are evil, crazy, whatever adjective we want to use, do we all agree on that, father
2:48 am
morris? >> yes. i would say there's a difference between evil and crazy, but usually it's a mix of both. >> he had something against christians because if he said you were a christian, he shot you in the head. if you said you were another religion, he shot you in the leg. there's something here that we yet don't really know about this guy. >> sean, from my experience even just walking down the street, if you run into someone who is mentally deranged or drunk on drugs, when they see someone of religion, it's a trigger. it's a trigger. i think it's because religion is on the highest level of our hierarchy of values. it is so deep in the human soul that it provokes both positive and negative reactions. most people's reactions are very positive. when they're in a difficult situation, it's religion that gives them support, peace, and
2:49 am
comfort. but when mental illness is there, sometimes it is just the opposite. >> i think you're right. it's a combination of all things. doctor, you come at this from a medical standpoint. is this a psychological imbalance, a medical imbalance? are there spiritual factors that you have to consider here? >> listen, having worked, sean, a long time as a forensic psychiatrist, i think evil is illness. i'm not sure they're different things because the human capacity for empathy defines humanity, this wonderful ability we have, to imagine, to almost feel the suffering of others as if it is our own. it's a uniquely human thing. when it is shattered, that's disease. that's disease. we know mercer had a long history of isolating himself. now there are writings attributed to him where he says
2:50 am
i'll never have a girlfriend. i i'll die alone. that's also a spiritual crisis, >> i think most people don't understand the terms. or the definition of the terms. it gets complicated here. there is a fine line not to take it to an extreme, but are we talking about principalities of darkness here? is the church, for example believes in some exorcisms. is it mental illness? spiritual forces? are those fair questions? >> absolutely. i think when we're at our weakest, the devil jumps in and is eager to bring our soul down and bring other people down with us. one of the questions we have to ask ourselves is whether or not mental illness takes away
2:51 am
personal responsibility and i don't think it does. depending on the degree. it can take way your ability to choose, to understand right and wrong. but there is another point in which maybe our inhibitions are down. that doesn't mean we don't have responsibility for our actions. >> that brings in a legal question. and i've never been a big believer in not guilty by reason of insanity. because by definition anyone that would commit this crime is insane. >> i venture these questions, for all intents and purposes this guy could have been asking people their shoe sizes. 11, you're dead. ten? you're not. none of this makes sense. it's a product of mental illness. >> insight into agenda he might have?
2:52 am
>> an agenda? >> it sounds anti-christian to me. >> i agree with you, sean, and doctor i see where you're going. it's not some purely rational, logical thing and i decide i'm going to kill these people. no. that is not. but when you look and see hate groups that are out there against organized religion, what we know, allegedly is that he had a disgust for organized religion. that has affects. the atonement we have when we have strong opinions about things, one religion or another there are bigger consequences. >> they want to do, to find a way, which i why i don't understand the president politicizing this on guns. >> bottom line is that we're
2:53 am
somewhat lost with a leader who says this is about guns. i have a blog post up, if this was the president's son, would he be content to say my son who lives in the basement of his mother's house, he would want him treated. it puts us so far to have the 8 ball to have this incompetent leader in office. i wish i can rebuild the system. i wish i can rebuild the system. >> we need your help with befor burning, pins-and-needles of diabetic nerve pain, these feet... ...served my country... ...carried the weight of a family... ...and walked a daughter down the aisle. but i couldn't bear my diabetic nerve pain any longer.
2:54 am
so i talked to my doctor and he prescribed lyrica. nerve damage from diabetes causes diabetic nerve pain. lyrica is fda-approved to treat this pain. lyrica may cause serious allergic reactions or suicidal thoughts or actions. tell your doctor right away if you have these, new, or worsening depression, or unusual changes in mood or behavior. or swelling, trouble breathing, rash, hives, blisters, muscle pain with fever, tired feeling, or blurry vision. common side effects are dizziness, sleepiness, weight gain and swelling of hands, legs and feet. don't drink alcohol while taking lyrica. don't drive or use machinery until you know how lyrica affects you. those who have had a drug or alcohol problem may be more likely to misuse lyrica. now i have less diabetic nerve pain. and my biggest reason to walk... ...calls me grandpa. ask your doctor about lyrica. (road noise) what's happening here... is not normal, it's extraordinary. 291 people,
2:55 am
350 tons, 186 miles per hour... you're not sure what's on the other side to test test test of the test test test. yo test test test. same reason the pioneers before you went in canoes and covered wagons, with wild eyes and big fevered dreams and it's why we're with you. 80 thousand people now... on the ground. in the air. engines on. because there is no stop in us. or you. only go. ♪ it's the final countdown! ♪
2:56 am
♪ the final countdown! if you're the band europe, you love a final countdown. it's what you do. if you want to save fifteen percent or more on car insurance, you switch to geico. it's what you do.
2:57 am
welcome back to "hannity". do you think it was wrong for president obama to rush and politicize the oregon shooting? i think it was despicable. you've been sending in questions on facebook and twitter. you like to ask me, i like to answer them and you get to be a tv star. >> hi, sean, it's kathleen ferguson in atlanta. i have a question involving planned parenthood. why are taxpayers supporting it at all?
2:58 am
wasn't the point of obamacare to make health care affordable for everyone? including women sth. >> yes. we're supposed to keep our doctors and plan and save $2500 per family, per year. let's see, millions lost their plans and doctors and we're going to see a 48% increase. you're right. tieing them together was brilliant. you get a gold star today. if you have a question for me go to twitter and use #asksean. and that is all the time we have left this evening. we hope you'll set your dvr so you nev
2:59 am
3:00 am
we are learning a lot more about the college campus gunman who took the lives of seven people as president obama doubles down for more calls for gun control. >> the main thing i'm going to do is i'm going to talk about this on a regular basis. and i will politicize it because our i

37 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on