Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  October 5, 2015 2:00pm-3:01pm PDT

2:00 pm
this is what you have to look forward to. they're very angry because of tax cuts and they're not taking it. have a nice life. hello, everyone. i'm dana perino, along with geraldo rivera and frank sharew. it's 5:00 in new york city and this is "the five." many american voters have said they don't trust hillary clinton anymore. what would she say to them? >> oh, that really hurts my feelings, i have to tell you. i believe that by the end of this campaign people will know i will fight for them and they can count on me. >> it's surprising to hear you say that because you've been in politics for 20 years, so it's not like people don't know you. are you having a problem connecting? >> i don't know. you can ask me that and obviously it's not the nicest
2:01 pm
question to hear because i feel like i have a long record working on the issues that i believe are important to people. and i'm going to continue to do that. >> and she's apologized for using a private e-mail server while she was secretary of state, but she's also blaming republicans for her scandal. so which is it? is she sorry or is the gop just out to get her? >> i mean, i'm sorry that i made a choice that has resulted in this kind of situation, but it's also, as we all know, very clearly the way the republicans are trying to bring my -- they admit -- poll numbers down. this committee was set up, they have admitted, for the purpose of making a partisan political issue out of the death of four americans. if i were president and there were republicans or democrats who were thinking about that, i would have done everything to shut it down. >> all right, eric bolling, i'm going to start with you. we didn't even get a chance to
2:02 pm
talk about "saturday night live." i'm not going to do the sports reference. i was going to. >> corners, linebackers? >> corners and linebackers. >> i know exactly where you're going with that. do you know who else brought the blitz? nbc brought the blitz. it was a hillary weekend. we have hillary on "saturday night live" and then this. in our town hall, pancakes and politics. hillary, how do you plflip your pancakes, or what's your favorite celebrity on healthy drinks? that was an infomercial for hillary clinton, and clearly nbc is trying to get her back in the game, and for the record, if i were her, i wouldn't be doing those. she just doesn't come across as likeable. >> it was a big deal to be on the season premiere of "saturday night live." that's a great booking for her, and it's fun and it was done with what they wanted her to do, look more likeable. it could have carried on into monday, but instead they do the
2:03 pm
town hall where the headline is, and now we have angry hillary clinton. >> they can't let it sit. that's the whole thing with comedy, you have to let it stew a little bit. she was great on "saturday night live," even though she wasn't great because she let kate mckinnon shine. she was yelling about benghazi half the time at pancakes and politics. it was her getting angry and reminding us of benghazi when we weren't even talking about it, we were talking about "saturday night live." >> she wants to talk about it, right? >> i think he's right, she should just let it breathe. she hit the mark with the snl thing, just let that marinate a little bit, give it some space. so this whole blitz she has over the campaign has more warfare. >> i was going to do basketball but i thought, what's the football equivalent.
2:04 pm
i said blitz. this is one of the things i think hillary clinton was reacting to this morning. it's not just the fact she has republican candidates on her tail, she also has bernie sanders. this is the new nbc wall street journal poll showing bernie sanders in new hampshire still 10 points or 9 points above hillary clinton. then when you go to that same poll and you match her up against republicans, she's also down against bush and trump and fiorina, and then if you look at the other one here in new hampshire -- that was iowa, excuse me -- new hampshire, it's all kind of the same numbers. she's in kind of the fight of her life, so maybe you do have to do a town hall like that for an hour with nbc news to try and get your name out there. >> i think contrary to most, she had a pretty good week going back to kevin mccarthy. but she reminds me most of a lyric from john denver ♪ more than anything else, i'm sorry for myself ♪
2:05 pm
>> let me go back to why i think she had a good week. i think kevin mccarthy telling the truth accidentally undermined the benghazi hearings in a way that will, i think, be regarded by historians as a turning point finally. the man who will be the speaker of the house in all likelihood admitted that the benghazi hearing was bogus and political and it was designed -- >> or that could be just the hit of the penguin. >> you're calling it the truth and admitting -- >> it may be his personal opinion, eric, that's absolutely true. >> he is the man designated, as far as we know, unless there is -- >> jason chavitz. >> i think kevin mccarthy will be the speaker of the house, and he has said this effort has been designed and tailored and has the effect of being a personal attack on her and notching down
2:06 pm
her numbers successfully. as far as bernie sanders is concerned, i have to admit that he is doing far better, dana, than i ever anticipated. those crowds are gigantic and vibrant, and they remind me a lot of the ron paul kids from 20 years ago. but i think -- i still believe that she will be the nominee. and i do not think joe biden will run. >> yeah, she had a good snl skit, however, the numbers are horrible. in new hampshire, she's losing to bernie sanders in new hampshire. >> we haven't seen the impact of this last week. this is the best week she's had in a month. >> one of the reasons i think she's really in trouble, she's raised a lot of money, but she's spent a ton of money. bernie sanders has raised a lot of money and is sitting on it, and he can still draw crowds like this. let's take a look at what she said this morning about bernie sanders. >> i really believe this is great for the democratic party
2:07 pm
and for this election, because we want to turn out as many people as possible. the difference between us on the democratic side and the republicans is a huge gulf. and if you care about your income, your family's income, then you've got to look at the democrats. >> eric, about 72% of the latest poll said the country is going in the wrong direction. about 60% think that's true on the economy. the number one issue for voters all across the country is the economy. i don't think that message sells when bernie sanders is basically saying the opposite of what hillary has her whole career up until recently about wall street. >> i don't know if she wants to be touting what she said right there. she should be distancing herself. she should be showing she's not like bernie sanders if she wants any choice to win. iowa and new hampshire, she's losing to both in bernie sanders. she takes a loss on both of those. >> yes, i know super tuesday, she's got a big wall built and
2:08 pm
that could do very well for her. coming out of those two, losing both of those would be very, very tough. the point you made earlier, bernie sanders, 20,000 -- packed the stadium, 20,000 people inside, 5,000 outside -- she would love to be able to get those kinds of crowds. >> she, in fairness, is concentrating on smaller venues, maybe because she knows she couldn't pack a crowd. >> a all the surveys you've seen are all pre-kevin mccarthy, pre-"saturday night live," pre pancake breakfast, and it could be nbc has rolled over for the prior secretary. >> do you think maybe they have a pancake breakfast scheduled with bernie sanders? >> they might. >> they wouldn't do one with bernie sanders, but did they expect this with bernie sanders?
2:09 pm
nobody thought he would be beating her the way he is in new hampshire and iowa. then you've also got the biden factor, so no matter what anyone wants to say, clinton is in trouble. real trouble. this wasn't supposed to turn out like this. >> also politico is reporting they believe biden is leaning toward a run. >> what do you think about bid snn. >> he would be crazy not to. hillary clinton's numbers are terrible. we're talking about jeb bush getting 50 to her 42? of course, she's in trouble, and he should get in. but about this new hampshire and iowa thing, aren't we always hearing about new hampshire and iowa, oh, they're such a big deal. but they always -- you know, i can remember bob dole beating george h.w. bush. am i right? pat buchanan.
2:10 pm
then they go in and bury them in the election. >> not necessarily the system you want right now. iowa and new hampshire are first, and the democrats have a way of being able to protect the nominee that they want. >> don't republicans have that same -- >> we don't have it. >> isn't south carolina where the mccain dreams are on? >> we fight fair and square. hillary clinton, on your right to bear arms, she uncovered her gun control agenda today plus the dangers of gun-free zones, ahead. this is miriam trejo. she's a high school teacher and a stage three breast cancer patient. miriam chose to fight her breast cancer at cancer treatment centers of america. there, she has one team of doctors and specialists, working together under one roof, with one integrated cancer care plan that attacks the breast cancer, addresses the side effects, and keeps her going strong.
2:11 pm
it's a comprehensive plan just for her. the power of integrative cancer care lives here. learn more at cancercenter.com. cancer treatment centers of america, appointments available now. you fifteen percent or more on huh, fiftcar insurance.uld save yeah, everybody knows that. well, did you know that playing cards with kenny rogers gets old pretty fast? ♪ you got to know when to hold'em. ♪ ♪ know when to fold 'em. ♪ know when to walk away. ♪ know when to run.
2:12 pm
♪ you never count your money, ♪ when you're sitting at the ta...♪ what? you get it? i get the gist, yeah. geico. fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent or more on car insurance.
2:13 pm
without the internet i would probably be like a c student. internet essentials from comcast has brought low-cost high speed internet into the homes of hundreds of thousands of low-income families.
2:14 pm
it lets students do homework and study at home. so far more than two million people across america have benefitted. internet essentials is going to transform the lives of families. i see myself as maybe an entrepreneur. internet essentials from comcast. helping to bridge the digital divide. the massacre in the community college in oregon last week has really reignited the debate on gun control in america. candidates are voicing where they stand on the issue. hillary clinton is calling for extensive background checks for gun owners, among other regulations. >> we have got to keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have them. domestic abusers, people with serious mental health problems. there's got to be a better
2:15 pm
tracking and recordkeeping. i want to work with all of you. i want to work with sensible gun safety advocates as well as gun owners. >> and here are some of her gop opponents. >> this campus was a gun-free zone. before we start calling for more laws, i think we ought to consider why we don't enforce the laws we have. >> wouldn't they have been better off if somebody in the room, anybody, anybody had a gun to at least help them out? but it was a terrible thing, and these gun-free zones are a disaster because everybody is just a sitting duck. >> we can say we're going to have more gun-free zones, but that ends up being the worst thing because it just gives the shooter real confidence that he walks into that environment and he's the only one armed. >> all right, so this is kind of to be expected. when something like this happens, a senseless, violent tragedy, this is where we go,
2:16 pm
down this road every time. dana, of course, the gop people saying, what about the gun-free zones? >> i think etswhat's the most unsatisfying from a policy standpoint is i'm persuadable. if they could tell me on the democrats, if hillary could say, here's three pieces of legislation we could put in place and if enforced would prevent a tragedy like this, i actually might be able to raise my hand and say, i'm for that. the thing is, they never actually followed up with something like that. one of the things that continually they go back to is the gun shows. and the loophole at gun shows. none of the recent tragedies of the last five years, none of those have been gun show related, so i don't see the connection there. i might be willing to listen if they can show me a connection. >> sure, wouldn't everybody listen to reason if there was something that could prevent or stop these crimes from occurring, eric? where is the legislation they've
2:17 pm
put on the books so far? >> they want gun registry. they want to close the gun show loophole. if you're a gun seller, that's your business, you have to have a background check if you sell a gun to someone, whether it's on line or a gun show. a very small percentage of gun shows are sold by private individuals to someone else, and in 30 states out of 50, you do not need an extended background check. so they want to close that loophole so every single gun sold to anyone has a background check. >> that's a good idea. >> no, it's not a good idea. here's what happens with universal background checks, geraldo. minorities in high-crime urban areas will have to make a choice between buying this gun to protect my family or feeding my family, because sometimes it can be upwards of -- in new york it's $80.
2:18 pm
in maryland it's $200 just for the background check. people can't afford to protect their own families. instead they decide not to buy the gun. for people in urban areas, we need to not require the extended background check. because the gangbangers are not buying their guns from a licensed dealer. >> 30 million weapons in this country, this kid had 13 weapons? >> all legal. all legal. >> exactly my point. how does he legally get his hands on 13 weapons? >> what do you suggest, geraldo? so the universal background check -- >> if you bought a gun last week, and the week before that, and the week before that also -- >> and you're allowed to do that with the universal background. >> you need universal background checks. >> but that wouldn't prevent it? the second amendment does not come with a little clause underneath that says you have a limit of the number of weapons
2:19 pm
you can have. do you see what i'm saying? that is a second amendment -- >> there are 30 million weapons and the only industrialization on earth -- >> what's the solution? >> universal background checks. >> they don't help. >> then what's the downside of a universal background check? >> it's because of the poor people that can't afford it. >> geraldo, it takes one gun to commit the act. it doesn't matter if he had 13 or not. the bottom line is if you follow the procedure, you obtain it legally, that is your right under the constitution to do so. >> there is one armed guard in every educational institution. you don't need students and others carrying guns. >> and this guy when he knew the guns were coming to get him and the cops were on the way, right? >> and u people you have people right who do want more armed guards, and you have people on the left who want con physician
2:20 pm
indication. that was a gun confiscation in australia. they say they're looking for sensible gun checks, but they want guns taken away. am i right about that? >> i want to know who takes money from the nra, and i think it should be published. ask democrats also. i want everyone who takes money from the nra to have their name published. >> aren't you an nra member? >> yes. >> i agree with them. they're not ashamed, they're not hiding their nra money. president obama and hillary clinton have this kind of impatience out there -- >> they want to do away with the second amendment. >> nine people, a dozen, nine people, how many more nine people? >> none of the things they're
2:21 pm
proposing would stop these shootings. these measures wouldn't have helped any of these. >> give me universal background checks. people with domestic violence not able to buy a gun, people who are terrorists not able to buy a gun, people saying -- >> everything you just came up with would not have prevented the recent shooting we're talking about. >> i don't know the mental health of this shooter in oregon because i have insisted on imposing self-discipline. i don't want to know about the punk who killed notoriety, but i bet your bottom dollar that guy was psycho somewhere down the line. new crisis in syria next, and stay tuned, because later we have a 5 food alert. that's right, i have a stash of
2:22 pm
chow nobody was able to get in new york city until this weekend. i can smell it in the green room. stick around.
2:23 pm
2:24 pm
2:25 pm
♪ it's a calling. a love affair. a quest. the next horizon. everyone loves the chase.
2:26 pm
welcome back to "the 5." russia carried out air strikes over the weekend, violating turkey's air space in the process, all which elicited strong response from nato. turkey is a member of nato. the alliance today calling on russia to stop its bombing campaign, saying its actions are not contributing to the security or stability of the region. but isn't russia acting because the united states is not? according to former national security adviser steven hadley, it is time for america to step up. >> the first step, i would say we have to be engaged, and if you're worried about russia establishing a sphere of
2:27 pm
influence, the way to stop that is for the united states to start leading. to say that it would be better for a man who has killed over 250,000 people, displaced half of his country, ruined his economy that it would be better for him to stay in power, i mean, it's a kind of lesson to the world. if you kill enough of your own people the world will let you stay in power. that's a terrible lesson. it's not america. >> eric, he's right, the first part is right. russia is reacting because we created a vacuum by not acting. the second part, though, about throwing assad out, what about what donald trump said about the dictators like assad are better for world peace than so-called democracy? >> i agree with you the vacuum we left available, russia filled that void. obviously they were going to do it. i've heard twice now we should declare syria a no-strike zone.
2:28 pm
my opinion for the last two or three years has been let them figure it out for themselves, push them out of iraq back into syria, and we should not pick a side in syria, because frankly, i don't think we know -- they're all bad. there's no good side. if you take out a side, what are you going to do, open the door for isis or the free syrian army. who are they? i'm not even sure. knock down one of their planes and you've picked a bigger fight than you're looking for. >> we were already in this fight. this is the problem. at a certain point, there is going to be some kind of interfacing between either the americans or the turkish. they have every right if russia crosses over their space into nato to invoke number 5 and say, okay, we're all in it. this reminds me of "top gun." >> turkey is not going to shoot down a russian fighter, nor are we. >> the f-16s just intercepted
2:29 pm
the russians. >> the two pilots look at each other like tom creuise and the other guy. >> exactly. isn't this disturbing to you? >> here you have putin, the russian president. isn't he still being more decisive than our president, now our president is reacting. we are announcing a new offensive in the north. why did it take putin and russia's involvement in syria to say, we're going on the move with isis. >> last week i said putin might actually push president obama into doing the right thing, but it's very late. the reason we were involved in the first place is bashar assad was using chemical weapons against his own people. do we believe in chemical weapons? we do not. >> they got the chemical weapons out. putin got the chemical weapons out. >> not all of them are out because they're still using them against the people, which is why you have a refugee crisis.
2:30 pm
you solve this by solving it at its source. you can't solve it at the source because all the people that would have fought are gone because there was no support for them. i don't know what the administration does next. i do think it's a very dangerous game that russia will not play. they do not want to invoke a nato response. >> no, they don't. >> but it's also a real test to nato and the world, because will nato actually stand up? that might be the unraveling of nato. >> i hate to say it, tom, but i still think russia has the winning hand. as of right now, putin looks a lot more decisive than obama. >> putin would love to call a bluff because it is a bluff. i don't think we should declare nye no-fly zones. >> who are you going to put your money on in a game of chicken, putin or obama? please. >> if putin is bombing isis or al qaeda, i'll take any of
2:31 pm
those. >> also hit some isis targets after they got pushback for hitting the sir yayriansyri. >> after being shown to do what they were meaning to do, which was prop up assad. >> i would rather prop up assad than prop up iran. >> then you're propping up iran. >> i would rather prop up iran, assad. >> i would prop them all up and let them all fall. now to the deadly strikes, talking about air strikes. afghanistan over the weekend, terrible, terrible, killed 22 patients and medical staff at a clinic operated by a wonderful charity called doctors without borde borders. i've seen them in operation, they're terrific. it happened in kindos, a northern afghan city whose liberation from the taliban i covered. i was actually there my first weekend working for fox news 14 years ago. the white house calling the incident a profound tragedy. there will be three investigations, one by the
2:32 pm
pentagon, another by nato, a third in coordination with afghan security officials. you know, my buddy dana, general john f. campbell, our commander in afghanistan, was so pained. he was in germany when this thing happened. he hurried back to afghanistan. the bottom line is these accidents happen. we have to be transparent about it, but i don't see any way out of afghanistan. i think if we take our people out completely, it will be another syria. >> you see that today actually, just as we were going to air, the administration is announcing a plan to actually keep more of our forces there because i think this is what will happen. i think nobody should jump to conclusions about what will happen, especially about presidential candidates. we know last week the taliban overran the city of kindo. we don't know if they were in the firing area. so obviously, it's a huge tragedy, but we should also be aware that it is a war zone and this was not at all intentional by the united states military. >> obviously, yes.
2:33 pm
>> do you think it's a danger being there? >> i don't think so. i think we need to create resources that have intelligence on the ground so things like this are preventable. you can't be on the ground without having intel on the ground. this is a terrible, terrible tragedy, but we need to learn all the facts and circumstances surrounding it. we're dealing with the taliban here. god knows if they were operating right inside or close proximity to that hospital in order to draw fire. >> it wouldn't surprise me, but the tragedy of friendly fire has dogged the campaign in afghanistan for lo these many years. don't move. the fastest seventh up next.
2:34 pm
hey america,
2:35 pm
still not sure whether to stay or go on that business trip? ♪ should i stay or should i go well this fall stay with choice hotels two times and earn a free night. when it comes to business, you always have a choice. book now at the new choicehotels.com
2:36 pm
2:37 pm
to save; but also helped that them to save?sk members that allowed families to keep more of their money; letting them use any atm nationwide for free. and, because every dollar matters, didn't nickel-and-dime its members with monthly fees. saving them more than three-hundred forty-five million dollars in one year. that would be a different kind of bank. that would be usaa bank. go online to find out more about our free usaa secure checking account today. welcome back. time for the fastest seven
2:38 pm
minutes on television. seven alert minutes, one agile host. first up, finally homeland is back and season five started last night and really brought it. the thing that's really amazing about "homeland" is the way producers really used today's headlines throughout the script. watch. >> ice was still growing. are we really getting anywhere in syria? >> i just said yes. >> you said a program should be renew renewed. i'm asking, is our strategy working? >> what strategy? tell me what the strategy is, i'll tell you if it's working. see, that right there is the problem because they have a strategy. >> all right. by the way, peter quinn, that character right there, is the best character. don't spoil it. >> he's really good. i love his twin. >> clair danes looked pretty
2:39 pm
good. no strategy, syria. at one point he said, we should level roca. >> they are trolling the white house. >> saul might be my favorite character on tv. >> saul is a great actor. >> amazing. >> "princess bride noo n" the greatest. what about tv stealing the headlines? >> in terms of law enforcement, it makes it relevant, it makes it real. i think that in some cases, people get more information from a program like that than they do from the news. do you like "homeland"? >> i like "homeland" and i like how they rip things from the headlines like "law & order." >> given the election cycle they went heavy politics. trump earned the coveted cold
2:40 pm
open and hillary clinton actually showed her funny side. >> i get in there, taxes go down, everybody gets a job, salaries go way up, we build a wall. it's huge! going over china, they're going to say, now, that's a wall. >> i'm just an ordinary citizen who believes the keystone pipeline will destroy our environment. >> i agree with you there. it did take me a long time to decide that, but i am against it. this has been so nice. you are really easy to talk to, val. >> thanks. you know, that's the first time i've ever heard that. >> val, val. i wish you could be president. >> me, too! >> pretty funny, tom. >> yeah, pretty good. you didn't think trump was great? i thought he was pretty good. >> trump is funnyer than that guy. >> trump is easy and hard.
2:41 pm
he's easy to do an okay, but to really get him down is hard. >> what about the dueling hillarys. >> it was kind of creepy for me. it just wasn't that funny. i would rather watch trump on there being trump, playing himself, than watch hillary. i thought it was weird. >> when you look back at what tina fey did it sarah palin's campaign, i believe she destroyed her campaign, it was that amazing. and i believe kate mckinnon has the ability to destroy hillary clinton's campaign. with the teeth and the crazy eyes -- >> you're saying hillary could neutralize kate mckinnon? >> i think kate mckinnon went easy on hillary clinton. >> we're trying to help her. >> i agree, but they could have written that script. >> kate mckinnon could singlehandedly destroy hillary clinton.
2:42 pm
>> but she's not going to. >> people who liked her liked her, and people who didn't, didn't. finally a texas man was accused of being unintelligent because of his accent. his response is awesome. get ready for some good old-fashioned southern charm. >> we refer to women in our lives as dear darling and sweetheart, not as a term that's offensive but a term of endearment, and most of them like it. we teach our children to say ma'am and sir to their elders and do so the rest of their lives. believe it or not, no matter what the media wants to tell you, we get along with people who aren't just like us, whether it's a difference in the color of their skin or the country they come from, or even those of you up north. y'all ought to come on down. love you all, really do. and here's another term we use down south and we're not ashamed of it. god bless. >> i love it. he was on "fox & friends" yesterday morning and i thought it was refreshing, because it is true that a lot of people think if you have a southern accent
2:43 pm
that for some reason you aren't smart. they're actually some of the smartest people and the nicest people you'll meet. >> that guy will give you a run for your money in the charm department. >> i thought you meant in terms of accents. >> midland odessa, i heard a lot of that, and i think people in texas are very charming. they have a different hiss totol basis than i do, the things they like may be a little different, but it's a wonderful, wonderful, independent, unique place on earth. >> that would match a littlem e match.com video, wouldn't it? he looks like a nice guy. >> it's one of the last groups that you can make fun of, is southern, american southerners. everyone is so sensitive, you can't make fun of them, but you can make fun of the south. >> do you know who else you can make fun of with impunity? conservative women.
2:44 pm
the last group you're allowed to be is a conservative women. >> i would make the case for conservative men as well. >> are you a conservative woman? >> yeah, of course. >> oh, my god. >> where have you been, geraldo? >> he's been reading my twitter account. >> you seem flexible. >> is that a bad word? >> smart and persuadable. >> i didn't mean persuadable. >> let's get out of here. are the happiest years of your life ahead or behind you? ahead of or behind you, i should say. find out what we come back. awe believe active management can protect capital long term. active management can tap global insights. active management can seek to outperform. that's the power of active management.
2:45 pm
2:46 pm
2:47 pm
san fwhile this parking loting lies still. life, proposition d and mission rock will create a new neighborhood right here with 40% affordable housing, 8 acres of parks and open space, all connected to public transit,
2:48 pm
and generate $25 million a year in revenue for san francisco. vote yes on d to turn this into this. ♪ none of us are getting any younger, even though we look like we are. but there's good news if you're under 25 or in your mid-60s. according to a new survey, people are happiest in their early 20s. they peak around 24, then it goes downhill. but if you wait a few decades, you'll be happy again somewhere around 65. geraldo! >> let me take the happy side first. >> i'm from the generation you didn't trust anyone over 30, so in my 20s, the anti-war movement, i was in the middle of everything and it was an exciting time. that threw me into the media.
quote
2:49 pm
in terms of being at 65 happy again, you think about death, you think about all your children, how you're going to take care of everybody forever. >> but research says they're happier and more content. at 80, geraldo, you have something to look forward to. t grave. >> dana, this is reported happiness. do you think people in their 20s are liars? >> maybe they're just unaware. i spent my 20s in a state of constant worry. i had that quarter life crisis at 25 where i felt that everything was going wrong and i really worried so much. i think i'm probably happiest now because i'm here with all of you. >> and because mama is getting paid. that's what it is! >> the "new york times" isn't calling me at 4:00 a.m. to complain about something. >> what do you think, k. g.? were you happy in your 20s? >> from where i'm sitting, happiness is right now. >> there it is.
2:50 pm
>> not my 20s. i was like dana, we were too anal and too freaking out and -- >> what are we going to do? >> no one was doing the free love and dope but you, geraldo. >> i think the problem is you're asking people -- >> no wonder you're happy. >> you're asking if people are happy, but you should ask people in middle age, were you happy in your 20s, and even if you thought you were, you look back and say, no, i was a jerk. >> i think you're overanalyzing this. isn't there a specific time in your life that's happier than others? if that has to be the case, i would say only my four years of college did i peak because there was not a lot of responsibility, not a lot of things to do except do your homework, play some ball. >> you're very happy. you're happy right now, in fact. >> once you leave college, it's like they throw you out in the real world. >> he has some biorhythms. >> tucker carlson would say his
2:51 pm
advice to young people is just jump into adulthood and that's the way to be happy. don't be frivolous in your 20s, just jump in. >> and everybody delays having children. my wife and i sit down and say, what did we do before we had kids? how many dinners can you eat? >> you're consistent in that message. you say people should find somebody, get married, have kids, don't always be putting it off. >> there is a book by a harvard professor called "happier," and i think it's howell, maybe, is his name? it just teaches you how to be happy, how to just enjoy your life. >> did you read it? >> i went to my 50th reunion. >> i want to get to my happy right now. can we do one more thing? >> "one more thing" is next.
2:52 pm
2:53 pm
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
2:56 pm
>> eat more chicken, save a cow. go to chick-fil-a. >> i have a pretty good one, though. i want you to take a look at this documentary. it's narrated by meryl streep and it talks about helping women. take a look. >> in africa, one in 39 women will die during childbirth. one in seven women will suffer
2:57 pm
serious complications. a dedicated group of humanity is determined to change that. >> the reason it's such a problem in africa, it really boils down to poor health care. >> let's empower these women. >> this documentary is very professionally done, it's wonderful. it's on itunes so you can check it out. check it out with your daughters. i'm going to be going to africa the second week of december with the one campaign. my husband is going to go so you'll hear more about that campaign in the next couple weeks. >> chicken is so moist. by the way, i snap chatted kimberly's milkshake during the break. okay. 18th anniversary. my lovely wife adrian and i met and got married 18 years ago. that's our original wedding photo. what do you mean, geraldo, she must have patience? we eloped, for the record. that was a few days ago.
2:58 pm
and that's our son. >> and he's 18? >> hand some young man. >> great family. tom? >> i got in trouble with dana on "red eye" the other night. animal rights activists were comparing eating cows to eating dogs, and to make fun of them, we made up this menu. i didn't think anybody would see it. i put jasper stew in there, just kind of a tribute to jasper, and somebody screenshotted that and sent it to dana. >> do you know who that was? it was the best fan of "the 5." he watched it from the beginning. >> that stew was more of a tribute to jasper. it's not that i want to make stew out of jasper. >> it sounds like it. >> and i got jasper a little chew toy. >> that's so nice! i'm going to take him that and the cow tonight. >> no, the cow is for ronan. >> geraldo, you have all the
2:59 pm
time in the world. go for it. >> you know, the story of "peter pan." we know how peter pan goes to london and recruits the children back to neverland, but how did peter pan get to be peter pan, they did a back door movie starring hugh jackman. it's a story of how peter got to be pan. and it's a wonderful family story. you don't have to have any of the videos. we went to the red carpet opening. eri erica, seoul and seoul's girlfriend annabelle. >> you know peter pan is about the boy who never grew up, right? >> close to home. >> you want to go with your children. it was written by jason fuges. he's a son of lily fuges, which is a friend of my wife. >> this is the one with hugh jackman.
3:00 pm
>> he's captain hook, right? >> captain hook still has both hands. >> captain hook really did need an upgrade. that's it for us. "special report" is next. thank you for the chick-fil-a. hillary clinton goes all in on gun control legislation and declares herself historically transparent. this is "special report." good evening, welcome to washington. i'm bret baier. hillary clinton is going from defense to offense. in a flurry of national tv appearances and campaign stops, she's fighting to reverse negative poll numbers by attacking the gun lobby following the oregon college shootings, by challenging republicans in congress, and by asserting her self-appointed place in the pantheon of the most accountable politicians in the country's history. chief white house correspondent ed henry has

255 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on