Skip to main content

tv   The Greg Gutfeld Show  FOX News  October 17, 2015 7:00pm-8:01pm PDT

7:00 pm
♪ never seen this one before ♪ chicken parm you taste so good ♪ i like it. ♪ mmm mmm mmm mm mmm mm mmmmmm >> i am greg gutfeld. an important part of your daily here's what's coming up. no speaker, no problem. there's plenty of john boehner to go around. yum yum. no plap to stop isis? no problem. i have an idea that will solve everything. jo ann, catherine, comeicon. let's get started. >> people think it was hideous. >> he can be a bit of a knucklehead. what i don't like is how he makes blanket statements for all of us. >> there's something weird about him. one of the creepiest people i've ever met.
7:01 pm
let's welcome tonight's guests. samurais carry him in his belt. and he's got more brains than a high school press club. deputy editorial page editor. author of the book, i read it twice, called america in retreat. i lost it, it fell out a window and hit somebody. i'm not lying. will she stab you in a face for a fifth of cheap brandy? and comedian dave smith. host of the podcast. part of the problem. and if facts were pins, she would be a pinhead. from national review. he's hated, berated and should be sedated, the liberal panel, boo. tonight's topic. >> settle down, everything's going to be fine.
7:02 pm
two weeks after announcing his resignation from congress, house speaker and weeping cheeto john boehner said he will hang around until the republicans can find a successor for him. on thursday, the guy who had the most votes, house majority leader and hair care specialist a kevin mccarthy bailed. >> i don't want to make voting for speaker a tough one. i don't want to go to the floor, and win with 220 votes. i think the best thing for our party right now is that you have 247 votes on the floor. if we are going to be strong, we've got to be 100% united. >> all those numbers. so confused. shortly after a few congressmen decided to throw their hats, or toupees, if you will, into the speaker ring. like this guy. i don't know who he is. then there's this guy. hmm. but no one seems 100% sold over them. and the one guy republicans really want as speaker, this guy, paul ryan. and he'd rather chew on broken
7:03 pm
glass while listening to maroon 5. congress approval rating is lower than an inch worm's ankles. so let's think outside the box. who would really make a great speaker. what about steve guttenberg? he comes to my mind a lot. he gets along with everybody. of course, william debain, people buying gold and silver like there's no tomorrow. carl weathers, remember him? a speaker should wear stars and stripes boxing shorts at all times. how about president comacho? >> that's what i thought! >> mm-hmm. that's what congress needs. he gets my vote. if you really want an awesome speaker, well, there's nothing better than than blou punk. i have them in every room.
7:04 pm
to drown out the screams. chris, how are you? >> i'm not sure i'm emotionally prepared for this discussion now. >> that makes it even better. because i want you to crumble before my tough questioning. at least it seems like here where i work, everybody's running around like this is a huge, huge deal. is this a bad thing, all this chaos in the house, and wherever? >> well, look, the -- there's nothing that the washington press corps like to do more than whet its collective trousers. it is their favorite. because it makes them -- makes us feel so important. look how important we are. look at what's going on. will it be this guy, great aunt roady? it could be a nonmember of the house. all of that contributes to the sense, the reasonable sense in the body of politics that something wrong is happening. i think it was karen at the "washington post" who wrote this was a party that was on the brink of ceasing to be able to function at all. and you say, well, now, calm
7:05 pm
down. the reality is, this is what the house of representatives was designed to do. it is designed to be as close to the people as possible. it is the cushion, it is the bumper on the federal system that allows the will of the people to work its way out. how do the people feel about the entrenched, entitled, elite, those who are in power? they hate them. they hate them trump style, fiorina style, carson style. they say we don't want that. that's normal, that's healthy. this is how it's supposed to work. >> i'd say it's not just a cushion, it's a whoopi cushion. terrible joke. do democrats ever do this ever? it seems because bureaucracy is their expertise, that they know how to work together. there's no resistance to their expansion of power. it seems like the republicans are always tearing themselves apart. >> right. because democrats are the party of smart people with stupid ideas, and republicans are the party of stupid people with
7:06 pm
smart ideas. there you go. that's what they're doing. i agree with what chris said town a point. these parties are not supposed to have a nervous breakdown in public view. what the republicans most want as speaker of the house is nancy pelosi. they should get her. they should own up to the fact they want to be a permanent minority so they can complain constantly about those evil democrats, but they don't want the responsibility of having to govern and compromise in their own caucus. >> in a way, it's like the people that you're talking about in the republican party, they're like a virgin who keeps fantasizing about a threesome. and when the opportunity arises, they run away, because they don't want the responsibility of satisfying that nun of people. so it's always better to sit on a bench as i mix my metaphors and gross out katherine. it was a good metaphor. i believe it was. dave, thoughts on this? >> i'm still on the metaphor. >> yes. it was meant to be disturbing. >> a weird threesome. i don't think so.
7:07 pm
>> it was for me, up until three years ago. >> well -- >> there's something going on here that is very interesting. i don't know -- who was it, was it rubio when he announced that boehner was stepping down and the crowd went nuts? when i was a kid, republicans didn't hate the republican establishment. like booing bob dole when he went out. there's real anger in the tea party base, or whatever you want to call it. it might be misdirected, but i think that's the reason they don't want to be in there. because they have to deal with this. as soon as you take over, everyone hates you. >> the problem is, no one's selling the job. they keep saying it's a thankless job. that's what the money and the prestige is for. a thankless job is like driver's ed instructor. >> you get all this press. >> yes. >> who doesn't want to get their picture taken and have all these speeches, and we can talk about them on this show? i want the cast to continue. i love seeing the dems control all these republican candidates.
7:08 pm
we have the craigslist ad that came out. we need somebody who's a good babysitter to be speaker of the house. suddenly everybody's a comedian on twitter. the dems are noticing that there is a vulnerability in the party now. i think it's important to get someone who will unify the party. >> not a fan of boehner, but they were so mean. >> they really were. >> you're orange, you cry a lot. >> that was my joke. >> he's a scorpio, did you know that? it's mercury retrograde. of course he's crying a lot. we are emotional. >> yeah. so you're a scorpio as well? >> yes, october 29th. >> i'm surprised when i hear women talk about as strolliastr. liberal panel, my guess is, if you had a choice for speaker of the house, it would be speaker mao? >> it would be a wonderful
7:09 pm
american named barack hussein obama. but that's just me. >> that's just you. but you bring up an interesting point. and i've got to move on because you're boring the hell out of me. anybody could be speaker. i didn't know that. you don't have to be in the house or senate. you can choose anyone. >> anybody can be president. >> that's not true. >> frankie nunez, no one could be mean to malcolm. >> now he's going to stalk you even more. democratic candidates are getting ready for their first debate this week. it will just be podiums. and pop stars in the form of sheryl crow. live music, they didn't do this at the republican debate. >> are you teasing -- is sheryl crow actually performing at the democratic debate? >> i hope so. because if not --
7:10 pm
>> she's singing the national anthem. >> that's a good thing. >> loves america. >> she loves america. >> we'll leave it there. >> good. i do think they need more. they need jugglers, close-up magic and face painting for children. >> it's going to be heinous. and the reason it's going to be so heinous, it's not going to be a debate, it's going to be a hillary clinton laying out a number of liberal positions. bernie sanders is not going to attack her. the other three, the caucus of saro at zero and one and nobody wants to talk to them, whether martin o'malley will do or say something to insert himself in the process, will he go trumpo, or what will he do, i don't know. it will be hillary clinton saying, i really like gun control. i really hate global warming. i hate wall street. it will be her saying i totally submit and i know you hate me
7:11 pm
and do not trust me, but i will give you every liberal policy of your dreams. >> she will basically assume the spirit of bernie sanders, which is why she came out against that trade deal. she possessed him like a poltergeist. i'll make a prediction. i predict that jim webb is going to be the sleeper. he will come out of nowhere and nail hillary for not being competent in the area of national security and he will rise up. >> jim webb was ronald reagan's secretary of the navy. he's like -- he found himself on the wrong ship somehow. i disagree with what chris said. i think this is going to be a real debate, but it will take place at a subliminal level. this is the question before the democratic party. do you want hopeless naivety, or do you want ranked cynicism which is hillary clinton? i think that's what tugs at the two sides of the party. they went to hopeless nay eivet
7:12 pm
back in 2008? they want the next iteration of obama. the sincere progressive. or do they want somebody like hillary clinton where it's like, i know she's lying, i know she lies to everyone, but i'm smart enough as an intelligent democratic voter to see that she's lying, and you have to tell the stupid people who are the rest of america what they want to hear. but she will eventually come around to do what is cynically what's in her best interest. >> that's such a great point. i love it, because the clintons, they pretended to be against gay marriage because they didn't want to -- off the religious voters. and then you figured out she was against gay marriage. you can tell by the e-mails. she wasn't pleased by the end of certain specific pronounce, and things like that. i don't know if i'm making sense, dave. >> it only became -- you only became a bigot when 51% of the population supported gay marriage.
7:13 pm
it was 49 %, then a normal -- i think obama said it was his deep-seated belief in jesus in 2008 that he was against gay marriage. you've seen jesus come and go. >> a guy named jesus downtown, changed his mind. there are three words in that sentence that i'm avoiding. katherine, thoughts, facts, opinions? >> nobody's going to watch this. >> really? >> it's going to be boring. i mean, i'm going to watch. but if biden was going to be in it, that would be one thing. we watched trump, crazy uncles are in. what's he going to do. hillary's going to have that pasted smile that doesn't make sense while she's talking. this is my relatable face that i practice in the mirror. and when people start to get a little confrontational, she's going to -- >> i think -- we might see a
7:14 pm
whole new side to her. liberal panel, will she be as stiff as you? >> i can't wait to see her, and vote for her. i wish donald trump would show up. because he was basically a democrat last year. >> hmm. you got it there, liberal panel. that's it for you. thanks chris. that was mediocre. i proposed an idea so utterly insane, it's unspeakable. let's check in with our studio audience. thank you for being here, everybody. quick show of hands, how many of you wish that i was your dad? oh! that is not surprising. i'm a great person. thank you, everybody. rson. thank you everybody. bring us your aching and sleep deprived. bring us those who want to feel well rested. aleve pm. the only one to combine a safe sleep aid... plus the 12 hour pain relieving strength of aleve. be a morning person again with aleve pm.
7:15 pm
when you're not confident your company's data is secure, the possibility of a breach can quickly become the only thing you think about. that's where at&t can help. at at&t we monitor our network traffic so we can see things others can't. mitigating risks across your business. leaving you free to focus on what matters most. a 401(k) is the most sound way to go. let's talk asset allocation. sure. you seem knowledgeable, professional. would you trust me as your financial advisor? i would. i would indeed. well, let's be clear here. i'm actually a dj. [ dance music plays ] [laughs] no way! i have no financial experience at all. that really is you? if they're not a cfp pro, you just don't know. find a certified financial planner professional who's thoroughly vetted at letsmakeaplan.org. cfp -- work with the highest standard.
7:16 pm
it takes a lot of work... but i really love it.s. i'm on the move all day long... and sometimes, i just don't eat the way i should. so i drink boost® to get the nutrition that i'm missing. boost complete nutritional drink has 26 essential vitamins and minerals, including calcium and vitamin d to support strong bones and 10 grams of protein to help maintain muscle. all with a great taste. i don't plan on slowing down any time soon. stay strong. stay active with boost®.
7:17 pm
[annouget up to 48 monthsy interest-free financing on tempur-pedic. save $300 on beautyrest and posturepedic. or choose $300 in free gifts with stearns & foster. the triple choice sale ends sunday at sleep train.
7:18 pm
while russian bad guys are trying to sell nukes, russia is flying into syria bombing who knows what. isis has more toyota trucks than they know what to do with, and usualing members to pump out kids. we have no idea where this is heading. because we have no idea where we're coming from. the world is crumbling as we stepped out for a smoke. we as a country have become a mirror of our president of 4
7:19 pm
million square mile shrug. not only are we telegraphing our weakness, we've accepted it. is it time for -- >> the unthinkable. >> yes. >> that looks like adam levine. >> i know. without leaders we're no longer a country willing to fight. so this week's thought experiment, don't. instead, recognize isis as the islamic state. tell them you're in. let's walk on over with a crockpot full of chili and a cheese log from hickory farms. i love hickory farms. and say, hey, welcome to the neighborhood. what are the consequences? my guess is many, many more people will continue to die in awful ways. isis is grotesque. that's not our wheel house anymore fighting the grotesque. recognize them. then let them go on for a few years when they grow into
7:20 pm
something we can actually nuke. by then we'll have a real president. because right now we've got nothing, and the world knows it. >> here he is. >> i'm half serious on this. i don't know which half of being serious. brett, i have a theory, you know when you're walking on the beach, and some kid is building a sand castle? you don't kick it over while he's building it, you wait until he builds it and then kick it over. isn't that a great strategy for isis? build your sand castle, then we can see the sand castle from the sky and drop a bomb. >> you're the psychopath i was dealing with as a kid on the beach. >> i remember you, brett. >> you were running away. after you destroyed my sand castle. >> that was me. >> the point you have right is our problem isn't so much isis, we have a president fighting a make-believe war. for the sake of saying i'm doing something against isis. clearly he's not doing anything against isis. we were running more raids over
7:21 pm
kosovo in 1999 than we are against isis. like al qaeda on speed, on steroi steroids, on crystal meth, that much worse. this is a president who told us when he came into office, i'm going to get away from the bad war in iraq, and i'm going to destroy al qaeda. now he's kind of saying, well, actually, that's not what i meant at all and i'm thinking of a strategy and have a third round of golf. >> i'm actually impressed with your knowledge of interesting drugs. i get a window into what brett stevens does on weekends. sounds kind of fun. you are a libertarian, this is an area i never know what a libertarian thinks. they refuse to connect the dots. >> look, i -- i'm a big like -- i was a ron paul supporter. i do agree that you can't fight a war in between. you have to have a full
7:22 pm
declaration of war to go in and destroy a place. no building up an army and training it. we're not good at that. we're just not. but i don't know. i think in your thought experiment, here's what i would say. you bring all the troops home, close every base, and move israel to canada. how does that sound? >> i would be for that. but i don't think the jews in israel would be happy in canada. >> what about the canadians? >> canada is huge. it will be 20 years before canada even finds israel in canada. as a jewish person, our entire history is getting kicked out of one place and having to start over halfway around the world. they'll figure it out. >> the problem with your theory, it's like -- >> it's crazy. >> the middle east is not vegas. what happens in the middle east does not stay there. >> that's true. >> while you're still waiting back and waiting for something to happen, so you can do something, they're going to be in your backyard. they're going to be in the east
7:23 pm
village. >> how did you know that's my backyard? >> i have a source. >> speaking of analogies. i believe that isis is the rash on obama's back. he's pretending it's not there since he can't see it. he's hoping it won't spread. but you know what, it itches. and we feel it. and we're going to need some help scratching it. >> that's true. because you can't reach it yourself. >> you can't take care of it on your own. >> it's not like with a back scratcher, the same sensation that you get with a real hand. >> like your threesome analogy? >> that's where you get rashes. >> how you want to approach it depends on your back. >> there's so little we can do. >> look at you. >> what have we done over there that's done any good? >> we got rid of saddam hussein. >> now everything's better. >> shut up, liberal panel, that's not funny. >> isis isn't a country. we can't take -- >> that's what i'm saying. >> we can't take out little groups without harming
7:24 pm
civilians. >> that's what i'm talking about, they centralize, like a roach motel. >> i don't know why we need to get so excited about bombing. >> correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't see any of these threats that have blown up in our face as a result of us not being involved in the middle east. you talk about al qaeda. we were involved in funding them to -- >> high five. high five. >> that's not true. >> that's not true? >> this is what happens when you're a ron paul supporter. our cia didn't hep -- we didn't give any support for them? >> we supported the mujahadin. >> you can say no good thing that happens from our presence in afghanistan, we managed to kill bin laden. if we had taken action in afghanistan, endless poverty, hopeless land, before september 11th, 2001, you're very young, you probably don't remember that, then we wouldn't have had
7:25 pm
a hole in lower manhattan. you get back to the vegas problem. you're not going to get ideal solutions out of the middle east, but you can get less than catastrophic outcomes which is what we have now. >> if we had killed osama bin laden the day before 9/11, that would have been good. but look at the big picture, the problem in the middle east is we haven't been involved. haven't we been very involved for my entire life? >> the problem we've had is the middle east going down the toilet in the last seven years. we've had a president with a biding philosophy with ron paul -- >> i don't think it's rooting out ron paul's philosophy. >> he's ron paul-like. >> not even close. >> we have to wrap this up. because this is starting to sound like an intelligent show. and i'm here to stop that. i want to ask the liberal panel,
7:26 pm
you must be really happy with obama's work with isis. >> look, the middle east is the post-apocalypse. i say we all make love. >> up next, video of a college student's drunken tantrum gets passed around the internet. that never happens. joann and katherine visit c comicon. it's a new fiber supplement that helps support regularity and includes b vitamins to help convert food to energy. mmmmm, these are good! nice work, phillips! the tasty side of fiber, from phillips'.
7:27 pm
we were in a german dance group. i wore lederhosen. so i just started poking around on ancestry. then, i decided to have my dna tested through ancestry dna. it turns out i'm scottish. so, i traded in my lederhosen for a kilt. ...as a combination of see products.. and customers. every on-time arrival is backed by thousands of od employees, ...who make sure the millions of products we ship arrive without damages. because od employees treat customer service... ...like our most important delivery. od. helping the world keep promises.
7:28 pm
that just tastes better. fresher. more flavorful. delicious. only one egg with better nutrition... like more vitamins d, e, and omega 3s. and 25% less saturated fat. only one egg good enough for my family. because why have ordinary when you can have the best. eggland's best. the only egg that gives you so much more: better taste. better nutrition. better eggs. if legalzoom has your back.s, over the last 10 years we've helped one million business owners get started. visit legalzoom today for the legal help you need to start and run your business. legalzoom. legal help is here.
7:29 pm
where our next arrival is... red carpet whoa! toenail fungus!? fight it! with jublia. jublia is a prescription medicine used to treat toenail fungus. use jublia as instructed by your doctor. are you getting this?! most common side effects include ingrown toenail, application site redness, itching, swelling, burning or stinging, blisters, and pain. oh, epic moves, big j! fight it! getting ready for your close-up? ask your doctor if jublia is right for you. visit our website for savings on larger size.
7:30 pm
refused to go. i speak of the university of connecticut student who was abusive to cafeteria staff because they wouldn't serve him a bacon jalapeno mac and cheese. who blames them. sounds pretty awesome. he's our -- >> tool of the week! >> nice work. when the cafeteria manager confronted the 19-year-old for showing up with an open bottle of booze. this happened. >> you're an idiot! >> yeah, yeah, i'm going to get in trouble! bacon, jalapeno, mac and cheese. >> you can't come in here with an open bottle of booze. think about it!
7:31 pm
>> oh, yeah, yeah. >> oh, my god! >> following his arrest, may or may not have been expelled. he was spotted days later leaving campus with a car full of his belongings. the university officials say he's still enrolled at the school. i hope he's okay. and by okay, i mean living in his car, selling plasma for drug money. i've been doing that myself just to make ends meet, dave. do you feel bad for him 1234. >> he should have gotten much worse. punched at least once. >> the threshold for violence was there.
7:32 pm
>> didn't he assault the guy, even spit on at him at one point? for the eighth time, he was like, i want the bacon, jalapeno, mac and cheese -- he specifically knew what he wanted. he wasn't like, give me something, please. >> you always know what you want when you're drunk. it's never what you want when you sober up. >> you thought i was young and obnoxious. >> exactly. brett, are you happy that our generation, i mean people that weren't born before 1980, we didn't have cell phones. we didn't have camera phones. so we can laugh at this guy because -- >> none of our stupid behavior was ever filmed. >> exactly. >> it can only be imagined in animal house. >> you're right. the reason animal house was so popular, that was one cell phone of a generation. all that [ bleep ] happened. it did. and it was pretty bad. >> although, i went to the university of chicago. >> never mind.
7:33 pm
>> never mind. >> you guys had philosophers and stuff. catherine, i've been thinking about this confection, this jalapeno, macaroni, got to be fattening. >> there's 499 calories in a 6-ounce serving. 898 in a sad person serving. probably about 2,245 in a drunk kid's serving. that kid -- you don't eat less than 2,000 calories of anything when you're drunk, minimum. >> that's a lot to throw up and keep your figure. >> jalapenos, not good. maybe if he dodged a vomit bullet. ruined his life, but -- >> joanne, he's kind of a bad boy. been arrested in previous schools. >> he's not bad enough. i remember my first open container of alcohol. okay? the real problem here is that he was drinking alone. that's when you get into trouble. i didn't see any friend in the
7:34 pm
background trying to take him away. unless it was his friend filming, in which case i say, you're the best. >> except he filmed it vertically, which bothers me. liberal panel, i assume this is much like a typical liberal, always demanding stuff. and never, ever earning it. >> i don't know, greg. he's entitled, disdainful of people, drunk. he would be a good republican speaker of the house. >> nicely put. i think it's time for a new business called shame rehab. you redo everybody's internet footprint. character relocation program. like they change your name, do everything. i tell my niece and nephew, don't do stupid stuff, and they don't listen to me. because no one listens to me. not even you. you're just getting up to something disgusting while i'm talking. i can actually see it because i have special powers. discussing the future of violence. violence.
7:35 pm
if you don't send me mail i will not finish the gloves i have been if you're running a business, legalzoom has your back. over the last 10 years we've helped one million business owners get started. visit legalzoom today for the legal help you need to start and run your business. legalzoom. legal help is here. because at&t and directv are now one! which means you can access your dvr at the dmv. change channels while he changes pants. you don't have to be a couch potato, you can be a train potato! and let them watch all the shows they love, inside the ride that you really kind of hate. introducing the all in one plan. only from directv and at&t. have my stomach feeling all knotted up. but my symptoms keep returning.
7:36 pm
my constipation feels like a pile of bricks... . linzess can help. once-daily linzess treats adults with ibs with constipation or chronic constipation. linzess is thought to help calm pain-sensing nerves and accelerate bowel movements. linzess helps you proactively manage your symptoms. do not give linzess to children under 6 and it should not be given to children 6 to 17. it may harm them. don't take linzess if you have a bowel blockage. get immediate help if you develop unusual or severe stomach pain especially with bloody or black stools. the most common side effect is diarrhea, sometimes severe. if it's severe, stop taking linzess and call your doctor right away. other side effects include, gas, stomach-area pain and swelling. bottom line, ask your doctor about linzess today. it's from daddy. sfx: dad's voice i love you baby girl.
7:37 pm
duracell quantum lasts longer in 99% of devices so you can always be there. ♪ (vo) making the most out of every mile. that's why i got a subaru impreza. love. it's what makes a subaru, a subaru. more "sit" per roll. more "stay" per roll. more "who's training who" per roll. bounty is two times more absorbent. so one roll of bounty can last longer than those bargain brands.
7:38 pm
so you get more "life" per roll. bounty. the long-lasting quicker picker upper. hi, i'd like to m♪ke a dep-- scanner: rescan item. rescan, rescan. rescan item. vo: it happens so often you almost get used to it. phone voice: main menu representative. representative. representative. vo: which is why being put first... relax, we got this.
7:39 pm
vo: ...takes some getting used to. join the nation. ♪ nationwide is on your side representative. a couple of news items scared the poop out of me. first the associated press report, that there have been at least four attempts in five years where criminal networks have tried to sell radioactive material to extremists. i know we're not tight with putin anymore, but damn it, we better send roses daily to moldova, just to keep an eye on that situation. and someone flew a drone too close to the white house, again. what do we do if an ordinary whacko gets ahold of something potentially dangerous and turns it into a weapon of mass destruction? joining me to discuss this and not make us feel better about any of it at all, professor of international law and human rights at harvard university. she also the co-author of an amazing book which i read, and
7:40 pm
pretty much wrote all over it. robots and germs, hackers and drones, confronting the new age of threat. i said this, that this is a book that every presidential candidate needs to read. i hope they have. by the way, i want to ask you, who of the presidential candidates do you think are best to fight this new age of terror? is there anybody that you trust more than others? no? >> i think they need to be informed. and i think they need to be ready to make hard social and political choices. and you can't work in slogans. you can't be for or against regulation, or for and against freedom. you have to make hard choices. that's the question, who's going to make that. >> you have to be an adult. you can't be an ideaolocal. you talked about the threats that terrified the hell out of
7:41 pm
me. something that's happening now. >> you walk into your shower and you see a spider, that spider could be real, either venomous or not, or a surveillance spider sent by your neighbor and operated by a drone and reeling pictures of you naked on a sports bar tv. or it can be lethal spider drone, purchased by your business competitor from a military contractor. it can actually shoot a needle into your thigh. >> oh, my god! >> sorry. now, when we first came up with this hypothetical scenario, it seemed very sci-fi-ish, very far away. you can actually go online today, and see prototypes of microrobots, or microdrones, some the size of a 2-a battery. they're coming equipped with cameras and marketed as spy drones. making them lethal is just the next step and is not that far away. >> we used to worry about nations and states. but really, the problem is, you
7:42 pm
call it many to many threats. these are nonstate actors. you can actually go to radio shack, if that still exists, and create mayhem. >> not just nonstate actors, really at the level of individuals. you think about cyber, you think about robotics and bioengineering. what the cyber do, they empower some of us to do very bad things. they get power from governments to individuals. the other scary thing about it is they allow you to operate from essentially from around the world. to attack somebody through cyberspace, you don't need to be close. you can be anywhere around the world. then the question is, what do you do about that. >> you talked about this other example in the book about just using a drone with anthrax. the scientist who mailed anthrax. but if he used a drone, he could have killed a thousand people perhaps. >> a few weeks ago, a drone landed inside a stadium during
7:43 pm
the u.s. open match. if that drone was armed, and was intended for malevolent purposes, it would have been very different. >> unless it was armed with some exciting sport. that was a jab at tennis. you maybe a good point in your book, security in liberty is not mutually exclusive. we always get the ben franklin quote. it's always been misused, usually about taxes. how do you explain that to somebody that might think snowden is a hero? >> yes. >> no, he's not. gabby, ignore her. >> if you really thought the liberty and security were mutually exclusive and you have to give one in exchange for the other, you would think north korea was the safest place around the world and somalia was the freest place around the world. we don't think of it in those ways. more often than not we need both liberty and security that are reinforcing. think about airport security. you submit yourself to airport security, which is a form of surveillance of the we don't call it that because we don't like the term surveillance.
7:44 pm
but you do it because you think it enhances both your security and your liberty to fly. you wouldn't fly if you weren't safe to do it. >> no libertarian is going to get on the plane without tsa. the thing is, too, i've got to move, but we are okay with surveillance in the real world. somehow when we think about the virtual world, we think it's something different. >> so we think about cyberspace of this virtual world that allows us to be ourselves, that nobody has anybody else looking into. it's very real relationships, loves, business enterprises, transactions, professional development, everything happens there. just as you wouldn't want to live in any physical space, i don't know why you would want to live in a seeming virtual place that isn't policed. >> the solution so far, i can find, is for whoever's running for president, to purchase this book. because it is --
7:45 pm
>> there are so many of them. >> exactly. you've got 20 people that will buy this book. before i go, brett, do you have a theory on why there are so many toyota trucks owned by isis? >> yes, because all the vw vehicles were recalled. >> i thought you had a theory. that was great, by the way. i hope your book sells a lot. >> thank you. a word from our sponsor. kamakon. >>ing thanks total there's something out there. it's a highly contagious disease. it can be especially serious- even fatal to infants. unfortunately, many people who spread it may not know they have it. it's called whooping cough. and the cdc recommends everyone, including those around babies, make sure their whooping cough vaccination is up to date. understand the danger your new grandchild faces.
7:46 pm
talk to your doctor or pharmacist about you and your family getting a whooping cough vaccination today. at fthe world thinks about pet food,y one wagging tail at a time. with fresh meat and fresh veggies. it's food so fresh, the only preservative we use is the fridge. freshpet. a fresh take on pet food. yourfull of advice.lways usually bad. so when ron said you'd never afford a john deere tractor, you knew better. the e series. legendary quality. unexpected low price. try align for a non-stop,ive sweet-treat-goodness hold-onto-your-tiara, kind-of-day.
7:47 pm
live 24/7 with 24/7 digestive support. try align, the undisputed #1 ge recommended probiotic. means striking a the right balancesco between economic growth, housing we can afford, and our quality of life. aaron peskin has been a champion for the middle class, fighting bad growth and income inequality. and mayor ed lee has transformed san francisco into the nation's most thriving city. vote peskin/lee. san francisco needs them both. aaron peskin for supervisor and ed lee for mayor -- the perfect balance for a better san francisco.
7:48 pm
7:49 pm
>> a massive event called comic-con. it is a thing to send correspondents to make fun of said comics. >> superheroes to marvel. we need to do a little work shortstopping before we do. are you excited? >> so exit sued. let's do it. >> i don't know if you can tell by my costume but i am cap pan
7:50 pm
happy hour. >> i am cad lady. do you like this. would you break up with catwoman for me? >> sure. >> we just got married one of my super power is i am so needy you can't get rid of me. >>ic turn any box into a box of wine. >> aren't there plastic things you can drink. >> no, that's the easy way out. i prefer the hard way i need a box and a bottle of wine. my kryptonite is ambient shopping. how good are you with ambient shopping. >> i have blurred vision liquid courage and an iron stomach. i can also turn a 6 into a 10 very easily. would you leave me? a oo you can lie to my face. who do you think is more powerful cat lady or catwoman.
7:51 pm
>> cat lady. legings are better. >> i repel men. >> with what? >> my personality. >> can you give me tips on being evil? >> yes. yes. >> have a little fun with it. maybe a little skirt of acid. you know. >> this is comic con so why did you not dress up? >> i felt like i wasn't good enough to catch up. >> i am cat lady. i have low self-esteem. >> do you want to be my boyfriend? >> are you kidding me? >> there's a confrontation between batman and super man. >> i always felt that batman was over rated. >> i want to speak the truth. >> he has the powers of a normal person. >> what are some of your powers? >> super strength. i can fly and being a bad ass. >> i can cry all day ever are i
7:52 pm
day and never run out of tears. >> you are a costume designer. that definitely helps. i just drink that's really my only hobby. that's also my super power. i can drink about anything. >> thank you. >> i am here with a live raptor. how are you doing? >> my name is brian. >> chris brad great to meet you. >> what about injure rasic cat. be kind of cool. little cat. >> we will put high heels on him, too. >> very sexist. >> what did we learn? >> maybe the comic world isn't ready for two strong modern relatable female superheroes. >> your loss, marvel. >> can you image running into those two at a bar? >> what does that mean? >> i don't know. >> it would be very sad and scary at the same time.
7:53 pm
>> they are playing music which means we don't have time for anything else which is good. greg's mail is up next. >> we are weeks away from how to be right. that's my new book available october 27th. reserve your copy now. i will be on tour all over the place. october 26th in huntington, new york. here's a look at some of the here's a look at some of the places i might when you do business everywhere, the challenges of keeping everyone working together can quickly become the only thing you think about. that's where at&t can help. at&t has the tools and the network you need, to make working as one easier than ever. virtually anywhere. leaving you free to focus on what matters most.
7:54 pm
feel like this. look like this. feel like this. with dreamwalk insoles, turn shoes that can be a pain into comfortable ones. their soft cushioning support means you can look like this. an. dreamwalk. that just tastes better. with 10 times more vitamin e. and twice the omega 3s. because why have ordinary when you can have the best. only eggland's best. better taste. better nutrition. better eggs. a 401(k) is the most sound way to go. let's talk asset allocation. sure. you seem knowledgeable, professional. would you trust me as your financial advisor? i would. i would indeed. well, let's be clear here. i'm actually a dj. [ dance music plays ] [laughs] no way! i have no financial experience at all. that really is you? if they're not a cfp pro, you just don't know. find a certified financial planner professional who's thoroughly vetted at letsmakeaplan.org. cfp -- work with the highest standard.
7:55 pm
7:56 pm
you tuck here... you tuck there. if you're a toe tucker... because of toenail fungus, ask your doctor now about prescription kerydin. used daily, kerydin drops may kill the fungus at the site of infection and get to the root of your toe tucking. kerydin may cause irritation at the treated site. most common side effects include skin peeling... ...ingrown toenail, redness, itching, and swelling. tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or does not go away. stop toe tucking... and get the drop on toenail fungus. ask your doctor today about kerydin.
7:57 pm
>> it is time for greg mail. greg mail@foxnews.com. i read, he answers then we all make smoers. matt says i love the show but i have one issue the lack of unicorns or any unicorn related
7:58 pm
contributions to the show unless you consider katherine as a unicorn personified. she slightly resembles a human version of a unicorn with gag style glasses. her analysis is my favorite part of the show. >> i love when someone insuggests someone's appearances and then says i still like them. >> this guy has been e-mailing me every couple weeks even though i have a lazy eye still thinks i am cute. >> you don't have a lazy eye. those are not gag glasses. >> one is a maker the other eye is a taker. >> good night everyone. >> coming up next we have roger. he writes, i love the rhythmic guitar you use as bumper music before and after commercials. is that a song. who is this? can i get it anywhere? love the show. keep up the good work. >> that's jimmy paige. it is jimmy paige.
7:59 pm
a guy lives next door. he does a good job. >> you are helping out the people in need. >> finally jay dwyer. my sister and i both had imaginary friends. sally cably and mick were part of my lives for many years. we remember them fondly comforting us when we were sad or just lonely. this wasn't a question just more of a share thing. >> i had an imaginary friend, raymond sam moan. they were probably real the fact that she thought they were imaginary makes her crazy. you had imaginary friends. you didn't have any friends. >> i had a fake imaginary friends because i wanted to be cool. >> so you had an imaginary and imaginary friend. that is keep and sad. file bad for you. >> when you grow he would you will have imaginary friends, too. >> that is just my drunken
8:00 pm
episode. >> we are done here. that was a great show. thank you brett stevens dave smith, joanne, katherine, gabrielle bloom. the liberal panel. i am greg gutfeld. . live from america's news headquarters, i'm

55 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on