Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  October 20, 2015 2:00pm-3:01pm PDT

2:00 pm
try to explain things in basic simple terms. try not to talk over your heads baurks we don't know and we wouldn't try. that's news you can use, with a star and a laugh and you "star wars" fans with a dream, see you tomorrow. i'm eric bolling, along with kimberly guilfoyle. juan williams, dana perino and greg gutfeld and it's 5:00 in new york city and this is "the five". the last 24 hours have been wildly turbulent surrounding the democrats' running for president. jim webb dropped out of the race a couple of hours ago and joe biden has been making some serious waves for her majesty's ship, hillary clinton. remember when hillary clinton was asked which enemy she was most proud of at the democratic debate. >> in addition to the nra, the health care companies, the drug companies, the iranians. probably the republicans.
2:01 pm
>> well for whatever reason, joe biden seems to have a much different view of the gop. >> whenever there's a problem i get sent to the hill. which by the way is a useful use of my time. because i really respect the members of there and i still have a lot of republican friends, i don't think my chief enemy is the republican party. >> the vp also made clear that he, not the secretary of state, speaks for the president when he goes overseas. >> i will get sent to go speak to putin or go speak to erdogan or go speak to whomever. it's because the secretary of state, we have two great secretaries of state. but when i go, they know that i am speaking for the president. >> well finally clinton and biden seem to have very different accounts of who supported the bin laden raid. >> it was a really tough decision to advise on.
2:02 pm
because you know, we didn't, we didn't have the smoking gun. i was one who recommended to the president that he go ahead. and his advisers were split. >> there's only two people who are definitive. and were absolutely. leon panetta and go and bob gates said don't go. i told them my opinion, i thought he should go, but to follow his own instincts. >> much has been written about joe flip-flopping on that raid. picture the moment that bin laden was taken out. biden on the left, flanked by hillary clinton and president obama on the right, flanked by bob gates. >> i like it i think being assertive. he's saying listen, i'm the big dog in the town. i'm calling the shots, speaking for the president. being firm in my decision-making and say he essentially
2:03 pm
superseeds her. that to me sounds like a man with confidence that knows what he wants and is ready to get in. >> dana in those three clips, joe biden said i get along with the gop. i speak for the president when we go overseas or i go overseas, and then the last one, i was in favor of the raid when a lot of people have said he never actually was. >> i think the most important one of those three is what he was saying about the republicans. because this is a man who is now saying i'm ready to lead this party and not be the president of just the democrats, but the president of the entire nation. so he's saying if your concern is that you think washington can't get enough done, look to me because i'm the one who knows how to cut a deal. the undercurrent is what she said the other night is she chose, i think it's interesting she said the iranians might be on the list. because actually she's in favor of a deal that got them everything they wanted. to me when she said the republicans, it was so clear she was trying to speak just to that audience. rather than realizing she had no competition on the stage and she could have started running for
2:04 pm
the general election right there. >> do you think it's a trial balloon? he puts out these fairly provocative comments to see what the media comes back with? >> he keeps dropping hints, like a spouse whose birthday is coming up. and he's getting off on the attention. biden's favorite topic, you know this, juan, we've been around, his favorite topic is biden. he loves talking about himself. and the good news, he ran for president i guess back in the '80s. the good thing about it is there's a whole new slew of speeches he can plagiarize. i know he's running because i've heard he constructed a greenhouse that's stocked row on row of hairplugs. i'm tired of everybody saying he's a nice guy, great guy. either run or don't run. don't flirt with us. i get he's likable. i get that, but he's likable in a way that cosmo kramer from
2:05 pm
"seinfeld" was. like a walking misadventure. >> you don't get the drift here today. the drift is that republicans are worried about hillary and sn somebody can come in and as kimberly said cause some turbulence. >> new york city >> no, i far prefer joe biden and if the gop drops the ball, i would rather see biden than hillary clinton any day. he's respected on the hill. >> the gist was for a long time everyone has been looking at the fighting going on the republican side. it's fun to sit back and watch it go on the other side. >> there's so much dysfunction right now on the republican side, that i think republicans are like, hey, we want to see some of that on the democratic side and they hope that joe biden getsing in would cause some trouble for hillary. the problem with the theory is that the polls out today all show hillary getting a big bump
2:06 pm
out of the debate and if you ask democrats, you only get 30% of them who say yeah, joe biden should run. 40% say don't run. >> but he's not even started to campaign and i think the analysis you put forth is not accurate. most republican strategists think biden would be hardest to beat in a general election than hillary. >> that's no poll that show that. >> there are polls that show that. >> that say joe biden would be tougher to beat than hillary clinton? >> should, we are, yes. joe biden, out -- out-performs hillary clinton when you go head to head a every single republican. >> that might be some outliers -- >> how come liberals aren't going after biden as a misogynist. for attempting to block a woman from becoming the first female president. where you know the republicans
2:07 pm
are terrible because they're going up against biden. >> if he announces they will do that within 48 hours. >> let's move on to -- >> i think i might have seen that, that's why i said 48 hours. >> less than 48 hours. >> in front of the house select committee on benghazi, senator mccain explains why the hearing is so important. >> i think that every major investigation that you and i have seen leads in different directions. certainly watergate was a great example of that. i happen to be on a sunday morning show right after the national security adviser, susan rice talked about hateful videos and spontaneous demonstrations. i said then, nobody brings an rpg and a mortar to a spontaneous demonstration. i was at andrews and hillary clinton told the families, well we'll get these people that made this hateful video. by that time, it was obvious that there was no hateful video. >> each time we learn new
2:08 pm
information on what happened in benghazi and we learn what character, if any, makes up a presidential front-runner. your thoughts? i know benghazi ain't. but every time we have more information. >> more information is legit. at this point you can say we didn't know about the emails and some of the secret accounts, there's the potential for something there the big news in washington recently is that trey gowdy, thought he had something in terms of a c.i.a. source, turned out the c.i.a. didn't think it was confidential, that's fine. i think the bigger issue here, speaking to senator mccain, a wonderful guy and i think legitimate in what his concerns are, is that there have been seven hearings, she's testified numerous times. there's been an independent authority report. so i think the bigger worry actually could be that hillary clinton uses the republicans and absolutely makes this into like a, a ollie north, who sat there
2:09 pm
and made them look like chumps? >> yeah, maybe. we always have to go back to what is the logic behind pushing that video? what were they thinking. it's always a walk through on the steps. sometimes juan is not here, even when he's here. for the logic of pushing the video to work. there has to be four steps. five steps. one, some guy gets on youtube, right? he's looking for cat videos, he says i'm going to -- then all of a sudden he finds this weird, obscure video about mohammed. and it's a coincidence that he found it on 9/11. on september 11th it just happened to happen. normally he was go to go work or his piano lessons. he decides i'm going to call my friends. they're all accountants and florists, they go yes, we're pissed off, too, they go to a consulate and burn it down and kill four people. they say let's go back to our
2:10 pm
jobs. they go back to their jobs and florists and accountths and never do it again. because they weren't terrorists. that's the logic that you need to believe hillary clinton. >> hungry for cat videos started it all. >> interesting. >> you know, it's interesting to me, i sometimes because i'm not here you know, sometimes when i do focus and i focus, i think man, is he from another planet? >> thank you, i'm the brother from another planet. >> what i'm saying to you is, guess what, there was a video and it did spark free throw tests that everyone agrees -- >> oh my god -- >> juan -- >> let's weigh in on the benghazi hearing. >> ghosts created more outrage. >> i think that the most important thing, what john mccain is talking about is when there's a hearing like this, sometimes you find out something thaw weren't even looking for. in this case it is the fact that she had a private server at all.
2:11 pm
she's subsequently told several different stories, made her look like she was lying. over the summer because she couldn't get her story straight, said i'll come to the hearing and testify. now she doesn't want to go. but there's going to be a hearing so she has to show up and answer questions. the number one thing we learned was that there was a private server at all. it was possibly against the law but absolutely against obama administration guidelines and she was a cabinet secretary. >> hence the comment coming out of the last sound byte about character. president bush 43 creating news, suggesting he doesn't like ted cruz and marco rubio may not be ready for the presidency. rubio responded with neil. >> i don't even know if he said that number one. and number two it sounds like him telling a joke. it sounds like a funny thing to say. the press in general runs on conflict. >> interesting timing go the about the comments out of 43.
2:12 pm
>> nobody wants their private comments to be broadcast. but in today's day and age, that's what happens. so your public comments and even in a private setting have to be in direct proportion to how many people you think are going to tell somebody else about it. >> i would love to have rubio handled that. he made it a nice motion and moved on to make his point. i thought he handled that perfectly. >> you are a sbeet person. >> are you just a delight, how you cannot see that in fact he went after rubio at rubio's main point of vulnerability. >> didn't you see the follow ul comment? of course, i could be wrong and next year i'll be back telling you he was a perfect candidate. >> he's say egg is a party loyalist. >> he doesn't make himself a victim, which people like. >> can i be a conspiracy theorist. while the comments are provocative and we're talking about it, what are we not
2:13 pm
talking about this thing that by the way, there was jeb bush was on "hannity" last night. and donald trump was on today. and it continued, but we're talking about something else. >> i missed something. i wasn't here yesterday. what are you talking about? >> you slept in, we had a show, it was interesting. >> what are we talking about? >> it was a feud with the front-runner, going in the race. >> here's the issue, we're talking about donald trump and 9/11. what's interesting is that he has managed to pull right-wingers even at fox news into the same camp as left-wing haters. there's almost no difference between people, so the people at this table and chris matthews and trevor noah, who all agree that bush is a bad guy. that's an achievement. >> bush is a bad guy? >> because he knew that 9/11 was happening. >> this is so absurd.
2:14 pm
>> why would greg think -- >> i love the bush family. i hope more of them run, i'm looking forward to it. >> what about his comments about cruz? >> what's the point? >> the comments are everybody knows. it's not a secret. >> but i don't like his policy. i don't like where he is on -- >> i think kcruz handled that well, saying i worked for him. we loved working for him. but also ted cruz has been running against the establishment for the whole time. it's one of the reasons, it's probably helped him. >>itis helped him. but dana, the idea, his base. >> he didn't say policy. he said i don't like that guy. >> were you there, juan? >> that's what he said?
2:15 pm
>> it's bold, it's refreshing. >> counter-punching. >> bashing, bashing. >> directly ahead. have a question about the 2016 election? tweet it to us at "the five," your questions answered, coming up.
2:16 pm
2:17 pm
2:18 pm
without the internet i would probably be like a c student. internet essentials from comcast has brought low-cost high speed internet into the homes of hundreds of thousands of low-income families. it lets students do homework and study at home. so far more than two million people across america have benefitted. internet essentials is going to transform the lives of families. i see myself as maybe an entrepreneur.
2:19 pm
internet essentials from comcast. helping to bridge the digital divide. because i'm hung over, it's time to answer, i might as well be honest. we're going to answer some of your questions. that you tweeted us, about the 2016 election. i'm going to go to the first one. we'll go around the table to the lady in blue. kimberly. i guess that's navy. >> that's teal. >> all right. the segment is over. one question, is the weak democrat field intentionally crafted by the dnc so hrc has an easy time? >> yes. >> i mean of course, they don't want anybody good to run, dock? i mean no offense, look at poor lincoln chafee. where is he now? >> he's mowing my lawn. >> what's going on?
2:20 pm
>> and poor jim webb was up there. he dropped out. he was like where am i, who are these people on stage with. martin o'malley is like does anybody know my name? that was weird. >> it's like webb was on stage with a folk band. >> hilary and the long pant suit situation. biden doesn't want to be bull idea by the clintons. >> juan, do you feel like it was like gladys knight and the pip squeaks. >> i thought she was the class of the field. no question. i was disappointed in fact did you tell me you thought o'malley might do better? >> i didn't -- i did say i didn't think he was bad looking, about you i thought he had a better debate than a lot of people gave him credit for. >> he's a little too airbrushed for me. >> he's not bad looking. >> just anything.
2:21 pm
>> i think bernie sanders showed the democrat hand. the dnc, debbie wasserman-schultz, can clearly wants hillary. she's pushing cloip. i think bernie showed his hand and said enough of the email stuff. he is the number two trying to get the nominations and lets her out of the most egregious thing, the thing that could bring her candidacy down. >> it would bring her down among republicans, democrats don't care. >> if the fbi gets involved. >> if you're trying to appeal to democratic voters and you're bernie sanders. bernie sanders did better, got more money after the debate for having done that. >> juan, you're making this up. where did you get that, like weird factoid? how are you correlating that his increase. >> he did raise a lot of money. >> he did raise money. because people liked him. not because they think he saved hillary.
2:22 pm
>> all i'm saying -- >> i've got six questions here. >> you're moderating very well. >> we have 39 more minutes. we're good. >> and you're really wrong. >> you don't want to answer this question. >> do i think it's a conspiracy, i don't. but i think they've been strategic in fin figging out a way to block out competition. if a young barack obama type character came along, she would have been beatable. but there isn't one. >> question two, why don't they just let the top five republicans debate considering the rest of them have such low percentage numbers? we'll go this way. >> we're going to get to that point when it's a little bit later on in the cycle. it will narrow down. >> good thing they didn't, because karlie, fiorina, who had a fantastic performance at the happy hour table bumped herself up to five. let them drop out on their own. >> i've had ice cream headaches
2:23 pm
that lasted longer than her success. i like her, but she's disappeared, juan. >> are you anti-women? >> i'm a misogynist nexus. >> speaking at the only conservative at this table, i would say let people debate. let candidates run and don't have the establishment pick the candidates. and therefore, if people like a carly fiorina for a moment, let her have a surge. if it lasts, it lasts, but don't go around having the party pick the candidates. >> how about you? >> except for the democrats. >> this is why this is important, because the standings have changed. some people that were number one aren't now. you've seen people that were in maybe the top six not be. so it's moving and it's fluid and eventually it will work itself out. sort of like natural selection. >> feel bad for the other ones, they're like wall flowers at a dance. >> why do you ask them to dance. >> let's go to the next question. >> because they're all taller than him.
2:24 pm
>> oh! >> what happened here. >> i meant all the ladies. >> lady tanner. >> question -- how would you talk to young voters like myself about why they should vote for the gop? eric. >> it's simple, go to the tax rates what the democrats are proposing, bernie sanders wants to tax you up to 90% of your incomes. republicans are for smaller government, lower taxes, if you have a job, you want a republican. >> what? >> well, i love arguing with eric, i'm not going to argue at this moment because i'll say, i have a son. >> they're both republicans, aren't they? >> yes. but the one that works for the republicans, intriguing conversation. he says he's a republican because -- you know what, he believes in opportunity, self-reliance. he's the kind gif that believes
2:25 pm
in small government getting out of his way. and letting him do it. and and he's this, this is, he's a family values guy, that's why he's a republican. if you're a young person, think that's a good rap. >> i think you should listen to your son. >> free market, opportunity, self-reliance. >> you know me, i'm a party guy. >> he just wants some free stuff, that's what juan wants. >> then you run into republicans who are like militaristic, let's go in, everybody's got the kill the immigrants. >> that's the republicans, kill the immigrants. >> that's what the true feeling is. >> he is just hungry. >> i thought he was hung over. >> if you care about economic and individual liberty that the republican party has a better solution for you. if you look at the places you might want to live, the places doing the best with the lowest
2:26 pm
unemployment rate, the most bang for your buck and the safest nation in the world, you should want to go for a republican. >> i would say identity politics only creates jobs for people who work in identity politics. all right. >> not bad. the nra launch as compelling new ad about minorities in poor communities arming themselves. will it make liberals switch gears on gun control? details, when we return. with my moderate to severe ulcerative colitis, the possibility of a flare was almost always on my mind. thinking about what to avoid, where to go... and how to deal with my uc. to me, that was normal. until i talked to my doctor. she told me that humira helps people like me get uc under control and keep it under control when certain medications haven't worked well enough. humira can lower your ability to fight infections, including tuberculosis. serious, sometimes fatal infections
2:27 pm
and cancers, including lymphoma, have happened; as have blood, liver, and nervous system problems, serious allergic reactions, and new or worsening heart failure. before treatment, get tested for tb. tell your doctor if you've been to areas where certain fungal infections are common, and if you've had tb, hepatitis b, are prone to infections, or have flu-like symptoms or sores. don't start humira if you have an infection. raise your expectations. ask your gastroenterologist about humira. with humira, control is possible.
2:28 pm
2:29 pm
2:30 pm
the nra has launched a powerful new ad campaign about guns in america. it features an african-american woman named josephine bird who explains why she and other minorities living if dangerous neighborhoods should have a right to arm and protect themselves when the police cannot. take a look. >> i can't afford a nice house
2:31 pm
in a safe neighborhood. i live in a government high-rise. gangbangers and drug dealers walk down our halls every day. my neighbors and i were scared. we called the police. but they can't keep us safe. the housing authority told me, if i bought a gun, to protect myself, they would throw me to the streets. if i'm not free because of my address today, what makes you think you'll be free tomorrow? i marched behind martin luther king jr. at selma, i know my rights, now i have my gun. i am the national rifle association of america and i'm freedom's safest place. >> and it isn't just josephine bird, either. recent pew poll found that 54% of african-americans believe owning a gun does more to protect them than pose a risk. so should this ad make anti-gun
2:32 pm
liberals rethink their position on gun control? that is a powerful video and message. >> me? >> you're up. >> do you think there would have been looting in ferguson if every shopkeeper had a boom stick instead of a broomstick? they would have found another way to express themselves. if you're against this woman, you are a racist and a sexist and i'll, let's tackle the sexist part first, men have 50% more muscle mass, so a gun is a great equalizer. it makes the weakest woman equal to the strongest thug. you're racist because you're depriving people that live in crime-ridden areas of from protecting themselves. if you don't want her to have a gun. that's white privilege. all the white gun control advocates who live in the suburbs, they have suburban white privilege. they believe that nobody should have guns. including this poor lady. >> so 2008, supreme court
2:33 pm
reaffirmed our right to protect our homes with a firearm. but the problem is only 31% of homes have a firearm right now. 25% of homes have a security system. but this, this number, 1.5 million burglaries per year. per year. 73% of those happening in private homes. increase the number of homes with a firearm, drop the number of burglaries, it's common sense. >> okay, so can i take a turn? >> no. >> yeah because i'm not here. because what we have is the minute that you have a gun in the home you increase your chances of being killed 40%. >> you're talking suicide. >> no, i'm talking suicide and accidents. you also increase your risk of a car accident if you own a car. >> but that's ridiculous. >> it's a fact. >> you're more likely -- >> you need a car to go places. but let me finish my point. you were talking about a moment ago about race and here's my
2:34 pm
feeling about this. 55% of gun homicide victims are black people. only 13% of the population, 55% of the victims. which is why you think, gee, i wonder why you know, urban blacks, unlike this lady or the man, another chicagoan who was in the supreme court suit who said i want the right to a gun because of these gang-bangers in the neighborhood. you wonder why. a high percentage of black people not only are dying from these guns, but know people who have died as a result of gunshots. and guns are a real threat in poor communities. >> which is why they should have guns to protect themselves from the assailants, because you left out who the assailants are. >> if you say the law-abiding person cannot have the gun. even though you cannot control the guns in the arms of the gangs, you're creating more victims. >> i don't understand it. >> the bad guys are going to get the guns, anyway. >> oh so, in other words you guys are in line -- you guys
2:35 pm
therefore think we shouldn't do anything except bring more gun in? >> yeah. >> okay. everybody has the right to protect themselves and the woman made a very important point. you can't rely on the police to get there when you're being attacked. they only come after the crime. she has to protect herself in a high-crime area. >> dana perino? >> i know we only have 10 seconds left. from a communications standpo t standpoint. about the ad, is it persuasive? it's possible. something i read in greg's book when he talks about being persuasively correct. you can use liberals' language against them. these made me think there could be some common ground. i think the element of surprise works well for this particular ad in this case. >> i think so, too. i think it was effective and i liked it. think outside the box. when we come back, blocked by
2:36 pm
democrats, the death of kate stein by the hands of an illegal immigrant in the sanctuary city of san francisco apparently had no impact on senate democrats.
2:37 pm
2:38 pm
2:39 pm
♪ i found a better deal on prescriptions. we found lower co-pays... ...and a free wellness visit. new plan...same doctor. i'm happy. it's medicare open enrollment. have you compared plans yet? it's easy at medicare.gov. or you can call 1-800-medicare. medicare open enrollment. you'll never know unless you go. i did it. you can too. ♪
2:40 pm
senate democrats successfully blocked a republican bill that would crack down on sapgt weirry cities. by a vote of 54-45, the measure fell short of reaching the 60-vote threshold the same day the white house issued a veto threat and harry reid labeled the bill vile legislation. the stop city sanctuary law threatened to with hold funds it came months after the murder of
2:41 pm
kate steinley allegedly at the hands of an illegal immigrant. >> this was not a surprise chts because the democrats had made a decision early on that they knew they had the backing of the white house to vote against this bill. >> they needed 60 votes, they got two democrats to come over and vote for it one republican voted against it. rand paul made a good point if someone is cricketed if a state say illinois and is serving time for his conviction is illinois, but has committed a murder in kentucky and also has convicted there. when he finishes his sentence in illinois. he gets exported to kentucky and goes to jail in kentucky. this sanctuary city says they don't make you go pay for your crime of being here illegally or whatever felonies you've committed while being here illegally. on the federal level they say we're done, we're going to let
2:42 pm
you go. there's no communication among the feds. >> not allowing sanctuary cities to run like that that's common sense. juan to show you how political this has gotten and harry reid and the democrats must have done their homework. not only did he say it was vile legislation. he said it could be called the donald trump act. so now politics is now fully engaged on the immigration debate, we can't even solve something like sanctuary cities. >> i agree this is the sad part there should be some rationale applied here that there are steps that should be taken. i would say the number one step is if the federal government says you know, this is a dangerous person, not some low-level marijuana crime which is what the guy was in jail for after having done it five times or whatever, issue the warrants, stop with the detainees. the warrant, the locals will respond. but the detain -- they don't react to that because of the sanctuary city legislation. no matter what the legislation, two points, we should fix there.
2:43 pm
there shouldn't be such a loophole and two, you know at this network that o'reilly has been pushing the idea if you commit a crime and you're here try to up the punishment. >> doesn't that that make sense, to operate as a deterrent, people should be punished for breaking the law repeatedly, think it makes a lot of sense. what bothers me is when you see partisan politics like this, no matter how many american lives it might cost, they're going to vote their ideology first instead of doing the right thing. you see harry reid using this crazy rhetoric. >> apparently the koch brothers are not on his list any more, so he's gone over to donald trump. >> go ahead. >> i want to ask you, can either side win here and be correct? and persuade people that they're right? >> i have an idea. because this is setting a precedent. it's essentially endorsing criminality saying allowing
2:44 pm
sanctuary cities to exist. think it's time for conservatives to create their own sanctuary cities. where choose a certain location, where every law-abiding gun owner can carry in public. or perhaps create is a sanctuary city, where you could smoke anywhere you want. or maybe we could have a city, no speed limits. each one of these examples is breaking the law, but we have a precedent here, it is okay to break the law. so let's do it. i want to see the first nude village. i dare milmilpitas, california go nude. >> seriously. >> did you buy property in milpitas? >> you wants to go. >> i kind of like that idea. >> it's absurd. >> dana, you want to go to the nudists? >> i like the idea of conservative sanctuary cities. >> one is called dallas. >> you know that old eddie
2:45 pm
murphy. i didn't know conservatives were partying like this. >> they are. >> juan, there's things you don't know. coming up, "star wars" mania kicks into high gear following the release of the latest trailer.
2:46 pm
awe believe active management can protect capital long term. active management can tap global insights. active management can seek to outperform. that's the power of active management.
2:47 pm
some neighbors are energy saving superstars. how do you become a superstar? with pg&e's free online home energy checkup. in just under 5 minutes you can see how you use energy and get quick and easy tips on how to keep your monthly bill down and your energy savings up. don't let your neighbor enjoy all the savings. take the free home energy checkup. honey, we need a new refrigerator. visit pge.com/checkup and get started today.
2:48 pm
2:49 pm
♪ ♪ legions of fans are going wild after the new "star wars" movie trailer debuted during halftime of "monday night football." behold the force awakens. >> there are stories about what happened. >> it's true. all of it. >> the dark side. the jedi. they're real. >> the force it's calling to you.
2:50 pm
>> the seventh film in the "star wars" franchise is one of the most highly anticipated movies in recent memory. when advanced tickets went on sale websites crashed across the board. online ticket service fandango, has reported it's already sold eight times as many tickets as it did for "the hunger games" the previous record holder, for ticket sales. >> very good, juan. >> i think i'm -- i'm your dad, eric. >> yeah, eight times, they're destroying records. now i didn't have any talking points because i've never seen a "star wars" movie. >> come on, how is that possible? >> nate and ron mitchell, guys i need something smart to say. you don't want to diss "star wars," it's huge. since leonard nimoy is dead, who
2:51 pm
is going to play spock in the new movie. do we know? >> juan? >> he's not in it. >> yes, no kidding, that's "star trek." >> we know. >> got it. >> somebody help me, bring me back the darth vader mask. >> "star wars" gives you a flims into human narts, it's called "star wars," it's not called star piece, there's no room for pacifists in outer space. pacifists cause war because of their inaction. we love "star wars," not star peace. >> it's true. let me tell you something, you see these light sabres? they are so popular. my grandkids already have the light sabers. >> i want them at my house. i love princess leia. i used to do my hair like that all the time. >> do you think i look more threatening and masculine.
2:52 pm
>> you think it's sexy? >> yes. >> you know why? we could be in milpitas, california at the nudist colony. >> oh, my god. >> you people are disgusting. >> it's time for a tasty snack and some fandango tickets. >> i got the red one, notice. i love it because the good guys always win. >> the good guys always win and america could use a win right now. so this is fun. i think it's fun. i remember when i was eight or nine, my mom and dad took my sister and i to century 21 in denver. huge movie theater. that was my first exposure to it and i loved it. now i get too nervous in a suspenseful movie. >> this movie is going to blow numbers. $600 million right off the bat. >> picking up on eric's point, i
2:53 pm
thought you would object to the whole segment and saying we're just advertising a stupid movie. >> no, i'm a big fan of "star wars," i enjoy it. he's a big fan of war. >> i forgot. and they have guns, too, eric. >> they have a saber buy-back. one more thing, coming up, right here. ♪ ♪ it's the final countdown! ♪ ♪ the final countdown! if you're the band europe, you love a final countdown. it's what you do. if you want to save fifteen percent or more on car insurance, you switch to geico. it's what you do.
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
2:56 pm
ancestry has come out now they have lifestory. it literally lays out somebody's life, from birth to death. when i was using lifestory, i discovered my great grandmother. she went through a lot. two sons go to fight in world war ii. she lived through the depression. and she made it through all of that. here i am. just because she survived, and she kept going. bring your family story to life like never before. get started for free at ancestry.com
2:57 pm
okay, time for one more thing. i'll go first, listen, i don't love his politics, but you have to give the man extra points in his guts cards for doing this. >> because baby now we got bad blood ♪ ♪ you know it used to be mad blood ♪ ♪ so take a look at what you have done ♪ ♪ and maybe now we got bad blood ♪ ♪ hey >> the president thing doesn't work out for o'malley, maybe there's a future there. >> that takes guts. check out this organization it used to be called soldier socks, which started as a goal of trying to get socks and supplies to soldiers that are on the front lines, now they're called soldier strong. it reflects how their work has helped vets get back on their feet with state-of-the-art medical devices, our own martha mccallum is on the board and this morning kras meek was chris meeks was on "fox and friends."
2:58 pm
. >> the sense of independence and once you lose your mobility, it takes something away from you. for companies like soldier socks to develop something and give veterans back on their feet, it gives us our independence back and a sense of strength. >> it's amazing what the technology has been able to advance. it's like robotics, check this out at soldier strong.org. greg, you're up. >> time for something new. i love these people. so i was at the university of north carolina, chapel hill, i spoke to the lovely college republicans, here's the group that -- >> frank pray i'm in the middle there. this is a collection of khakis that we call the collection, the college republicans. i spoke to them. i want to thank them and emily henceler, the executive director of liberty youth and emily weeks who is the executive vice chair of the unc college republicans. they're all good people.
2:59 pm
i was there to promote or sell my book, which you can order anywhere it tells you how to be right. it's good for kids, because it's really small. it can fit in a pocket, almost. if you have a really big pocket. so oprah winfrey is fattening up weight watchers, at least their stock value. the sales were down, the profits were off 50% for the first half of the year. but now she has said she's going to buy 10% of the stock and guess what, the company's value soared with that news, she's joining the board and potentially will get to buy 5% more, because she was options. in the last few days, guess what, oprah winfrey made $72 million. she is doing very well and on a good financial diet. >> and she'll pay $14 million in federal tax and she's going to pay $3 million in obamacare tax. >> will you let the lady speak. >> i have a very nice one more thing. just want to wish there he is, president bush 41 well. a new photo of the president
3:00 pm
showing him without his neck brace for the first time in months, you remember he broke a vertebrae in his neck after a fall back in july and now he is braceless, so happy. "special report" is next. outgoing house speaker john boehner live on the complicated race to succeed him. the benghazi hearings and standing up to president obama. this is "special report." good evening, welcome to washington, i'm brett baier, house speaker john boehner joins me in just a moment. first the headlines today, canada will soon be under new management. but the name is familiar -- justin trudeau, the son of former prime minister pierre trudeau led liberals to a major victory in monday's parliamentary elections, he will replace conservative prime minister stephen harper. the 43-year-old trudeau is seen as a

97 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on