Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  October 22, 2015 2:00pm-3:01pm PDT

2:00 pm
i'm kimberly guilfoyle along with juan williams, eric bolling, dana perino and greg gutfeld. it's 5:00 in new york city and this is "the five." you are looking live at capitol hill where lawmakers are trying to get the truth from hillary clinton. on the 2012 attack in benghazi. the hearing is about to resume after a short recess. the secretary has been testifying all day before the house select committee investigating the attack. she and ranking democrat elijah cummings have accused the republicans of trying to derail her presidential campaign. but trey toáiçgowdy, chairman o panel, set them straight right out of the gate. >> there are people frankly in
2:01 pm
both parties who have suggested that this investigation is about you. let me assure you it is not. this investigation is about four people who were killed representing our country on foreign soil. it is about what happened before, during and after the attacks. that killed them. it is about what this country owes to those who risk their lives to serve it. there is no statute of limitations on the truth. >> hillary was defiant at times during tense exchange with committee members, she then took a softer tone at one point to convince them she was more concerned about finding answers than they were. >> i would imagine i've thought more about what happened than all of you put together. i've lost more sleep than all of you put together. i have been racking my brain about what more could have been done or should have been done.
2:02 pm
>> so obviously she was trying to portray herself as sort of the victim. that i have more understanding, more compassion. i am on a much more important quest for the truth than any of you. you just don't want me to be president. that's what she's trying to convince. do you think that it worked from a communications standpoint? >> i think for, i think this is what it is, 44% of the american people have already made up their mind about hillary clinton before today and they don't like her and they're not going to vote for her, they've made up their mind, that's settled. the other 44% love her, think that this is perfect for her and she solidified that. and think she did fine answering the questions. she had commanding presence. the media will help her try to put this story behind her. i thought it was inauthentic and unpersuasive. what she just said about losing more sleep than anyone else. i think what she should have
2:03 pm
said, so to show the compassion she was trying to show, is to say the people that have lost the most sleep over this are the victims' families. let's start there. the main issue for me that is still not resolved, is the crux of this hearing and the whole point of the issue about who pushed the video. because now we know in the discussions that she sent an email to chelsea clinton that night saying that it was an attack by al qaeda. she tells that to the egyptian prime minister. but in the days that follow she uses the video as an excuse. in today's hearing, she said she didn't. to me that is still unresolved. and that was the point of what i wanted to hear today. >> well one key question a lot did clinton and others in the administration initially blame the attack on protest sparked by a video? we've been asking that on this show. ohio congressman jim jordan tried to get to the bottom of that by reading several
2:04 pm
indicated that clinton knew all along the assault was driven by terrorists. >> you had a conversation with the egyptian prime minister. you told him this -- we know the attack in libya had nothing to do with the film. it was a planned attack, not a protest. >> look at the statement that i made, i clearly said it was an attack. >> calling it an attack is like saying the sky was blue, of course there was an attack. >> there was a lot of conflicting information we were trying to make sense of. >> americans can live with the fact that good people sometimes give their lives for this country. but what they can't take, what they can't live with is when their government is not square with them. >> i wrote a whole chapter in my book about this, "hard choices." i'd be glad to send it to you, congressman. >> promoting herself. >> as someone who hawks a book, i have to -- how to be right in -- i have to give her 0 props for doing that at that point.
2:05 pm
jim jordan finally pursued the truth. who pushed the video and why? and it was the camouflage their incompetence over diplomatic security. she told her family it was a terror attack and told the victims it's a video. why did she lie? because she had, she was trying to save her own skin. then she goes into the little question about how if you look at other terror attacks, there's never any partisanship afterwards. after the bombing in lebanon, there was no partisanship, we all came together. that's because there was no cover-up about these bombings. one last thing and i'll shut up. the constant reframe is that chris stevens chose his destiny. when adam smith said he chose to go to benghazi. it's the political version of saying, he shouldn't have gone out dressed like that. basically saying he had it coming. blame the victim by saying he took the job.
2:06 pm
first time ever democrats are talking about saving money. they keep saying $5 million, the hearing cost $5 million. that's a rounding figure on the viagra. it's a bunch of garbage. they've never cared more about money than now. >> so, dana points out, the very night of the attack now remember, these attacks were ten years to the day of the initial world trade center bombings, hello so that very night she emails hillary clinton, calls out, looks like an al qaeda-type attack. jim jordan came with the second one, which, here's the smoking gun, guys. this is it right here. clinton emails the prime minister say week know that the attack, we know that the attack in libya had nothing to do with the film. it was a planned attack, not a protest. that's the day after the attack. 9-12-11. three days later after that they blame the video over draped caskets at andrews air force
2:07 pm
base. five days after that, susan rice goes on the talk shows blaming the video. 13 days later president obama goes to the u.n. and blames the video. we now know they lied. the formulated this elaborate scheme but why? greg asks why. number one reason, because hillary clinton was asked for security, she turned it down and four americans died. that's her end of why. his end of why, president obama? well on 9-12, the same day that clinton just outs it and let's everyone know it's a terror attack, president obama flies to las vegas for a campaign event to raise money after he makes a speech from the rose garden. both of these two made massive errors in the only way to get out of it was to blame the video and not -- >> to do a cover up. >> what really happened. which they knew from the very moment. >> that's the crux of it. that's what they need to focus on. there's questions about security and what was done in advance. it's about who pushed the video that they perpetuated a false
2:08 pm
narrative to the american people over and over. but she was okay to tell chelsea clinton the truth, but not all the rest of us. >> you go out in the woods on a fall weekend with the kids and everything and you build a campsite and you tell scary stories inside the tent and every sound sounds like oh, my gosh, the bear is coming. that's what listening to you guys is like. because are you so lost in the weeds -- i'm going to explain it to you. you are so lost in the weeds and in your own -- >> you're on weed. >> you guys are talking to each other and yeah this could be and that could be and -- >> it's one question, who pushed the video. >> how much simpler could you get. >> you could get simple enough to say was the death of these four americans and we want to find out what led to it and how we can prevent it. >> and why there was a cover-up. >> no cover up. you can talk about politics if you like, and that's been -- no,
2:09 pm
no, that's politics. it's politics, long ago disclosed by six previous hearings, plus the accountability commission report. but we are engaged in this because by own republican admission, kevin mccarthy and hannity and all the rest. even at this table, you say if you're for hillary, you didn't hear anything. and if you're against hillary, it didn't change your mind. gee, i wonder if this is about politics? >> doesn't this bother you at all, this evidence? >> what evidence? >> we know the attack had nothing to do with the film. >> that's what she says. >> right so she's saying to the ambassador, this is an internal conversation. it's not political. which is a document that came out of state. the pentagon, the white house. those are political people in the aftermath. that has nothing to do with the reality of loss of life. >> hold on, juan. you're making no sense, can i just try one more time to walk through? this in. >> please go right ahead.
2:10 pm
>> the attacks happened. hillary clinton that night, this is new information sends an email to chelsea clinton, okay, that's a family member, and then also talked to the prime minister of egypt and says, we know it was not a video that this is a planned attack on our protest. and two days later says in public that it was the video. that doesn't bother you at all? >> it doesn't bother me that politics, when you have blatant -- >> he's saying okay, morally and ethically to lie. >> i'm not saying -- >> when she knew it was al qaeda and a terrorist attack. >> i think you guys have never dealt in the world of politics, where people spin regularly. >> excuse me, that was my job. and i never once hung that. >> i'm telling you people do that all the time. -- >> now you're accusing her of politics. first it was us and now it's
2:11 pm
her. >> do you think there's any politics going on here? >> no, what it is is covering your ass. that's what she's doing. >> look back on the other reports, it was the white house, it was the pentagon. it was the c.i.a. it was all of these guys that covering, you know what, something terrible happened, greg. >> what happened was, a terror attack happened and it exposed the fact that they had previous warnings that they had ignored. to cover it up. they had to make it into a spontaneous thing. it goes back to the statement, the reason why she said what difference does it make. whether it was planned or random. that erased her culpability. she said if that doesn't matter. it doesn't matter that i screwed up. >> how did she screw up. she ignored the warnings about the security -- >> spending more time exchanging gossip with sidney blumenthal. >> in other words when you and i talk and two palace talking nonsense, we're wasting time? are we -- she can't have a friend in sidney blumenthal?
2:12 pm
>> not much of a friend. >> did you listen to the testimony today? shes was asked why wasn't security provided for chris stevens, he asked for it. and her answer was consistently, he knew what the risks were. >> she said ten times that security people at the state department and out in the field, either made decisions that she might not have agreed with, but that it didn't get to her disk directly. >> i think two things. from a communications standpoint. i think actually they overcorrected. internally they were so worried that the politics of this was going to look bad in the last six weeks heading into the election that they decide.gma find a way and then the video story got bigger and bigger and it was like covering up the lie, i don't think it actually would have hurt them to have said this is an al qaeda attack and to say why don't we go after the enemy, which is al qaeda. the thing that has always bothered me.
2:13 pm
greg will remember on the saturday morning when i woke up and i could not believe that they had arrested an american for putting out a video that is protected under the first amendment. your instincts for someone who wants to be president of the united states. should be to protect all of our rights to say whatever we want. and not be blamed for inciting a riot. >> they let an innocent man go tail. >> he was guilty on some other things. but middle of the night for a parole violation. >> they were trying to spin as you're calling it, politics of spin. but also i think it's at 11. 2012. what president obama was selling with a month to an election was -- we're safe, i've kept you safe. i've kept americans safe. now four americans are dead with a month to go. and again, the decision to go to vegas, i don't care what you say, they would, 9,000 out of 9,000 times, they would never do
2:14 pm
that again. that was a big mistake. >> maybe there was a great bu a buff buffet. even if it happened on president obama's watch, that's not the problem. that's happens when you're president. it happened with bush with 9/11 it happened here. that's not the problem. the problem is what happens after. the cover-up. the fact that they could not admit that this was a terror attack to the families, to the victims' families and instead had to lay this all on this obscure video. that's the problem. no one is saying president obama it's your fault these four people died. what people are saying is why hillary, did you lie? why did you lie to save your skin? >> let me just look at it from your perspective. i think more americans according to the polls want to know more about what happened. but what they want to know about is not the spin,eç9 the politicr even what you guys call the lies about you know who's going to
2:15 pm
cover their butts and not get blamed or obama running to have vegas and, no, what they want to know is, should in fact we be taking added steps for securing our state department officials, our ambassadors overseas? was hillary clinton negligent in not looking at those memos, coming, asking for more security? is it the case that chris stevens informed that there was a problem and i need to get out of here and someone wasn't listening in washington to what one of our men was saying? >> there's a reference today about that. huma abedin telling hillary clinton that chris stevens made bail. she was notified of that. >> i must say, you guys are much better than those republicans on the committee. i would hire you guys. >> nice, try to recover, juan. >> recover? that's a fact. if this is an interesting show.
2:16 pm
didn't shep smith say he would rather watch the mets. >> it wasn't supposed to be for your entertainment. >> oh, i see. >> it's a fact-finding process and the victim's families deserve the answers, so do the american people. the relationship with the truth. much more to come on clinton clinton's testimony today. don't move, because the five, we're coming right back. hi i'm heather cox on location with the famous, big idaho potato truck. our truck? it's touring across america telling people about idaho potatoes. farmer: let's go boy. again this year the big idaho potato truck is traveling the country spreading the word about heart healthy idaho potatoes and making donations to local charities. excuse me miss, have you seen our truck? you just missed it. ahhh!
2:17 pm
aw man are you kiddin' me? then you don't know "aarp".e trip when you think aarp, get inspired with aarp travel. plan and book your trip online and get hot travel tips from the pros. find more real possibilities at aarp.org/possibilities. what's happening here... is not normal, it's extraordinary. you're not sure what's on the other side... but momentum pushes you forward.
2:18 pm
and it's why we're with you. 80 thousand people now... on the ground. in the air. engines on. because there is no stop in us. or you. only go. to take care of my heart.s that's why i take meta. meta is clinically proven to help lower cholesterol. try meta today. and for a tasty heart healthy snack, try a meta health bar.
2:19 pm
means striking a the right balancesco between economic growth, housing we can afford, and our quality of life. aaron peskin has been a champion for the middle class, fighting bad growth and income inequality. and mayor ed lee has transformed san francisco into the nation's most thriving city. vote peskin/lee. san francisco needs them both. aaron peskin for supervisor and ed lee for mayor -- the perfect balance for a better san francisco.
2:20 pm
hillary clinton's testimony on benghazi on capitol hill today. the house hearing is still under way. yes, believe it, it's still under way. earlier clinton said she was the one who chose ambassador steeves for dangerous mission in libya. tabs on his repeated requests for security. >> i was the one who asked chris to go to libya as our envoy. i was the one who recommended him to be our ambassador to the president. those requests and issues related to security, were rightly handled by the security professionals in the department. i did not see them. dy not approve them, i did not deny them.
2:21 pm
>> gee, that was a lot of candor, she said i didn't see any of them and i guess the follow-up question i would have asked is don't you think you should have? >> don't you think it was important enough since you chose to put this man in a very dangerous situation. certainly he was willing to serve and we appreciate that we have an obligation to provide adequate safety and security for the people in that area of conflict, in that region. why didn't you think it was important enough to follow up and make certain that they were secure? >> well i could actually -- >> she's remiss in her job duties. >> in a way, eric, that could be all of us sort of monday-morning quarterbacking. however you pointed out in the first block is that email from huma abedin, hillary's aide, that says hey, madam secretary, the ambassador is thinking of leaving his post because he's worried. so she's aware. unless she didn't see that email. but it seems strange to me. >> very strong strang. you know what was kind of
2:22 pm
telling about this, i don't know, six hours or so, so far? hillary clinton, the democrats, i can't believe what they're doing. they're not interested in finding facts, they're not interested in seeing if they can find out what went on or to see for the american people see what went on. they're trying to discredit the committee, discredit the republicans. most of the attacks are directly at members of the committee and why we're doing this over and over. meanwhile, we're finding things that are leading to other things. this jim jordan smoking gun email, we now know because of the emails from the servers and what not, which em mated from a prior benghazi hearing. hillary clinton has taken the six hours, democrats. and taken three hours and it's been a three-hour infomercial for her. >> i think she's shown, she doesn't have ants in her pants, she not trying to get out of the hearing room. >> i want to get to one other thing. washington, d.c., everybody so
2:23 pm
frustrated because no one is ever held to account for anything. one of the most dramatic moments at the hearing was when a congressman asked hillary clinton, why no one lost their jobs after the deaths of four americans. >> you talk about being disappointed, why didn't you fire someone? >> i followed the law, congressman. that was my responsibility. >> you're telling me that you had no authority, to take anyone's paycheck, you were telling me you were legally prohibited from doing that? is that your position here this morning? >>s did my position in the absence of finding dare election or breach of duty, there could not be immediate action taken. >> she's like the evil twin of the mom from "everybody loves raymond" that's what i got get from her. i loved it when she said her job was actually very tough because she had a deal with social media. for crying out loud.
2:24 pm
you have the questionschoreogra sanchez asking leading questions like, is it safe to say you're awesome? were you fully engaged, weren't you? that's a good question. why didn't you fire anybody? because that doesn't help her, to fire people. >> she said by her own admission, i would have to find dereliction of duty to fire someone. >> look in the mirror. >> she should have started with herself. fire yourself. that would have been impressive. honestly, this is someone who was her friend. with friends like that who needs enemies. i'm going to stick you over there in harm's way and not going to follow up, despite your requests for added security that's been proved that she knew about and chose to disregard. >> wait a second. we didn't prove that she, there's no proof that she knew about the need for added security as you're discussing it, kimberly. >> are you paying attention to what we're doing here, juan? >> yes, i know you're
2:25 pm
prosecuting hillary clinton because the republicans in congress have made a mess of this. and even eric says that democrats are going after the committee. gee, i wonder what trey gowdy did? i wonder what richard hannah had to say. that they were going after hillary clinton and gowdy from the first, the first thing he said today was, don't think this is about you, mrs. clinton, this is about the loss of life. and then the whole committee goes after hillary clinton. >> but no, juan, this is the only time she agreed to testify. she chose this date. she wanted to have the hearing. >> i believe she testified back in '13. i believe that she testified -- >> this is a different committee. this is the benghazi special committee she glee grooeed to come and testify. i agree there were politics being played, special entry 2012 when they used the video as a cover-up to protect president obama pedheheading the -- >> and to protect the white house. >> and you don't think the c.i.a. was trying to make sure they had so many assets on ground in benghazi. gee, yes, was that in america's
2:26 pm
interest? yes. >> she said blumenthal was there to help her out. >> would ask her to come on the fief. we'll return to clinton's benghazi hearing ahead. but this time wikileaks has published the personal information of c.i.a. director john brennan. how do you stay on top of your health? ahh... ahh... cigna customers have plan choices and tools to take control. so they're more engaged, with fewer high health risks and lower medical costs. take control of your health at cigna dot com slash take control.
2:27 pm
can a a subconscious. mind? a knack for predicting the future. reflexes faster than the speed of thought. can a business have a spirit? can a business have a soul? can a business be...alive?
2:28 pm
2:29 pm
2:30 pm
the latest wikileaks dump features c.i.a. director john brennan's address, passport number, his wife's social security number, address, phone number. the addresses of his family and in-laws, too. this is heroic stuff, wiki, bravo. now terrorists know where someone's granny lives. so who still admires this stuff? the same people who booed the
2:31 pm
hacking of sony or their starlets? is the hold hypocrisy. the hollywood left thinks subversion is cool unless they're the target. the media loves this. such treasonous appreciation comes from an idiotic view of the national security. that the c.i.a. is the real evil and that america has no right to protect itself from those who wish to destroy it. because after all, we are evil. with that mentality. the end justifies the means. why not expose a man's most private information. making the c.i.a. vulnerable puts all of us at risk. perhaps it's time to redefine what an enemy combatant is in the cyber age. because wikileaks doesn't do this to corrupt countries or jihadists, as if as if they're waging cyber warfare only on us, how odd that those who claim to champion rights to privacy now cheer those who assault it perhaps it's time to hack the hackers and the hackers' backers. how do we do did? our leaders and journalists must
2:32 pm
admit that cyber attacks are attacks, not expressions of freedom. the attack on brennan was an attack on us, it wasn't china who did it but the heroes of modern media. may their social security numbers run wild. eric did wikileaks -- >> this is the first time you started with me in two years. >> did wikileaks -- they damaged their brand. they were supposed to be all about surveillance and now they're just like -- the stuff is like ridiculous. >> this is pretty nasty stuff. >> family members, friends. >> you if you want to expose something that you think is going on that's wrong, i get that. i understand it but personal information -- what's the upside to that? >> it's nothing. >> kimberly, there's nothing redeeming or heroic about it just criminals new york city purpose what they're doing. why are you putting someone's social security number and his family's information? wow, you guys are big time,
2:33 pm
amazing, good job. >> but dana they're still seen as heroic by people who write for the "huffington post." >> the shine is off the apple. i think, i don't think that there's much, there's not much here and when they sit back and think about it for half a second, the next time that wikileaks says they have something, it might not be as enticing, it's like the little boy who cried wolf, it might not be a wolf. it might be a little kitten. >> there's a juan. and where there's a juan, there's always a way. >> what's interesting to me about the story is that supposedly the 13-year-old boy, and he's just like a juvenile. because this act is so adolescent, right? that's why i think that's what we're all saying. there's no way you could say oh yeah, this reveals as eric was saying something about americans' security or invasion of security. i think it's wrong, but remember even republicans voted to do away with the patriot act in the aftermath of edward snowden.
2:34 pm
now we have a situation with this kid he's just being malicious, and he said he's in support of palestinians, doesn't like american foreign policy. i think that's just being a numbskill. the guy's wife? why would you do that? what value has it had? >> nothing at all. >> terrible, awful. >> it's an attack. >> a 13-year-old did it. how did he do did? >> i don't know. i should have read the story. >> speaking of, up next we return to the big hearing on capitol hill. where hillary clinton is answering questions from the house select committee on benghazi, you'll hear from the former secretary of state right after this.
2:35 pm
oh no... (under his breath) hey man! hey peter. (unenthusiastic) oh... ha ha ha! joanne? is that you? it's me... you don't look a day over 70. am i right? jingle jingle. if you're peter pan, you stay young forever. it's what you do. if you want to save fifteen percent or more on car insurance, you switch to geico. ♪ you make me feel so young... it's what you do. ♪ you make me feel ♪ so spring has sprung.
2:36 pm
2:37 pm
2:38 pm
this is a fox news alert. moments ago despite intelligence reports to the contrary within 24 hours of the attack in
2:39 pm
benghazi, hillary clinton once again said the video played a role in the death of four americans that september 2012 night. >> several of you have raised the video. and have dismissed the importance of the video. and i> several of us, let me just repeat your own words one more time, madam secretary. your words, we know that the attack in libya had nothing to do with the film. nothing to do with the film. we know it. dana, what's this all about? >> when she says that there's several of you have brought up this video. and are skeptical. i have a feeling that she probably has a staffer watching
2:40 pm
"the five" and send her a little note and slipped her a note saying see if you can clear that up. and oerlt thing that bothers me about this is she is saying well the video is so important to the one person that they arrested, about 16 months later after this attack. but then susan rice, the national security adviser, who coordinate all the communications on the policy for the administration, she's the one who sent out, instead of hillary on the five sunday shows, she says quote, this attack was due to a spontaneous attack inspired by a video. number one, number two, how in the world that your instinct to arrest the video maker in america that is not supposed to happen under our first amendment. >> greg, pathological, stick with the story. >> first she should apologize to the families for lying. could i please, please do the exercise that i always do. abdul is at his laptop looking
2:41 pm
for cat videos smoking hookah, he thinks those are funny. he's on his computer and sunday sudly he finds a video about muhammed. abdul is an honor student. he works at a soup kitchen. he wants to be a drxt suddenly he's so angry, he calls up his fellow friends, they are fellow honor students, someone is a dentist. a florist. and he said i'm angry, let's go into the street and murder four people. after they murder these people, they go, let's go back to our jobs and resume our reasonable lives as good citizens. that has to happen for her lie to be true. it is patently absurd. >> it has beened to be on 9/11. >> the big thing is that all of this happened on 9/11. how could that be? coincidence? imagine and gee you know what, the video comes out and there are riots in egypt and there are riots in tunisia and yemen. in other words, the video did have some negative impact on us and on these countries, right?
2:42 pm
okay? and -- >> in a different -- you just heard the secretary say that in fact they later learned that one of these guys used it just as you said, gregory, no, yes, but they found out he used it to bring in other -- well this is, this is yourpoint, right? and what you made up, you said, oh, they used the video. go ahead. >> i'm pointing to his paper one more time. she said on the very night of the attack, in an email to chelsea clinton, that they knew it was a planned attack not a protest. >> dana, what night what they learned was, you know what, this was planned and plotted. and at that point did not know what she just testified to, which is that one of those guys used the video in getting the others involved as gregory laid out. >> how many people have seen the video, 40? >> they took the video down like that. it's true they were all well-meaning nice people and
2:43 pm
their immediate response is to kill four people that makes total sense, juan. >> you know it's not true, right. you know what i know is true, you guys are doing so much better than those republicans on the committee. i think that's why hillary clinton is responding to you. >> we don't have to do anything. >> i'm terrible -- >> those are her words. >> i said what do you want her to do, lie? >> they made up the story about the video. let's blame the video. >> no no, right from the start, eric, everybody said the video is responsible for the unrest in the middle east. and that very next day -- >> the same night she emails her own daughter and says, it looks like an al qaeda attack. >> correct. >> and the next day she says no, there's no protest here. >> at that point she didn't know that the video was actually a part of instigating this attack. >> there's nothing to do with the film. >> right because at that point
2:44 pm
she said you know what, this looks like it's separate from what happened in the rest of the middle east this looks like it was a planned terrorist attack. >> you know what's going to happen by the next commercial break. we're going to find out that hillary clinton gets a note and says i make sure i further clarify that anyone trying to defend me is not making any sense and we'll know she's watching "the five." >> then we'll know that the heart of the opposition, hillary's enemies, right here on the five. >> the only one taking her words and using them -- >> you take it out of context. >> take it out of context, just take it out of context. that's the best you can do. >> whoa whoa, time-out. there's no other context. >> there is a context. no other context about what's going on the rest of the middle east? and americans under attack? >> none whatsoever. she says within 24 hours of the attack it has nothing to do with the video. >> two weeks, making up the
2:45 pm
story. >> we got to go. >> you can't trust somebody with that kind of common sense or lack of common sense. she's like a shopkeeper at noon, she's out to lunch. >> breaking 2016 news, someone has just managed to out-trump donald trump in a state where the first presidential election contest will take place, otherwise known as iowa. who is ahead of the donald in iowa?
2:46 pm
2:47 pm
my name is peter tran. i'm a gas service representative. i've been with pg&e nine years. as an employee of pg&e you always put your best foot forward to provide reliable and safe service and be able to help the community. we always have the safety of our customers and the community in mind. my family is in oakland, my wife's family is in oakland so this is home to us. being able to work in the community that i grew up in, customers feel like friends, neighbors and it makes it a little bit more special. together, we're building a better california. [female announcer] if the most is the staying awake part, day sleep train has your ticket to a better night's sleep. because when brands compete, you save during mattress price wars. save up to $400 on beautyrest and posturepedic. get interest-free financing until 2018 on tempur-pedic. plus, helpful advice from the sleep experts. don't miss mattress price wars at sleep train. ♪ sleep train
2:48 pm
♪ your ticket to a better night's sleep ♪
2:49 pm
donald trump loves to brag, he's winning in all the polls, but that's not the case any more. ben carson has now surpassed trump in iowa with an eight-point lead over the gop front-runner. carson is ahead 28-20. how is the donald handling this news? well, he retweeted this from one of his supporters. it appears to insult voters in iowa. ben carson is now leading in the polls in iowa. too much monsanto in the corn creates issues in the brain. well, he must have gotten a lot of push-back for that because hours later, he passed the blame. tweeting, the young intern who accidentally did a retweet
2:50 pm
apologizes. kg, you buy it? >> i don't know. is it possible? sure. is it a good idea he said that? yes. and it wasn't something he wrote himself. so somebody did retweet it. it's a matter who have pushed the retweet. >> what kind of16e candidate trs their twitter account to an intern? mine that's crazy. you don't -- you do not do that. he promises when he's going to become president, he's going to find the best people, the best people to fill these positions. if you're running for president, you don't have an intern running your -- that's why i don't think it's an intern. >> repeat what you said. i agree with you so much and it's so rare, that go ahead. >> lots of politicians have interns running around. >> that's a problem. then the charm and the humor that we've come to love from trump is not trump at all. it's some 18-year-old. >> that's possible, it could be this one -- >> but anyway -- >> who pushed the retweet?
2:51 pm
who did it? >> we'll call hearings here at "the five" shortly. what do you think? >> i think first of all we've all retweeted stuff we probably shouldn't have. >> bolling, bolling. >> aside from that, it was, it was a quoting tweet. it wasn't even a retweet, it was quoting a ]?qcñteet. so maybe he lets interns quote we say things are provocative. an intern wouldn't have put that out. but i guess that's the way to handle it. >> i want to go to my personal pr adviser, miss dana perino and say i think the people that got hurt here was monsanto. >> i would say it was the people of iowa who can pull together and say, excuse us, you can't say that. they're doing that. ben carson is on book tour. he's like on tv a little bit. not even campaigning. >> but the evangelical
2:52 pm
christians. of which there are many in iowa. they like ben carson's message. both carson and trump have been -- trump's ahead. several of your polls. carson, i noticed in the polls. talking about evangelicals, that women are going to carson and away from -- >> can you pick me up off the floor. i'm so shocked by that. obviously, he had the 10-point gendu?añ gap. >> but eric's people are sticking with trump, the men. >> my wife thinks ben carson is amazing, also. >> did you see the massachusetts poll? 48% leaning republicans, pick trump. >> how does one state go 48% in favor. one state he drops? >> what do you call kriss kringle when he delivers genetically modified foods? >> you got me, greg. >> mon santa.
2:53 pm
>> you're too good, gregory. hi i'm heather cox
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
on location with the famous, big idaho potato truck. our truck? it's touring across america telling people about idaho potatoes. farmer: let's go boy. again this year the big idaho potato truck is traveling the country spreading the word about heart healthy idaho potatoes
2:56 pm
and making donations to local charities. excuse me miss, have you seen our truck? you just missed it. ahhh! aw man are you kiddin' me? it's time for one more thing. dana? >> an op-ed in "the wall street journal" that caught my eyes by
2:57 pm
bjorn. the organization for economic cooperation and development. analyze that 70% of all total global development aid, one in four dollars goes to climate. mall nourishment, 1.2 billion people live in extreme poverty and 2.6 billion lack clean drinking water. he makes a persuasive case that people who are suffering today should not be denied energy, our organization here in the united states, that invests in energy projects is not allowed to do anything with natural gas, they can only invest in renewables, that's costing lives overseas and we should be held account to that while we're on this planet, living now. >> fantastic, two more fun things with kimberly guilfoyle. >> this is an must-see video. homecoming queen and her name is jody barnetti her dad is in the final season coach for the team. and she successfully kicked, how
2:58 pm
cool is that? the extra point for her team you know a love a girl that can play ball. you love it? and fox and friends tomorrow, please get up with me early in the morning. very early. >> that is very early. >> so i admit i was excited to see the cubs in the world series frs time since 1945. i even mentioned the "back to the future" prediction thingie. this happened. >> and it's in there, strike three called. the mets win the pennant. the new york mets have won the national league pennant? >> i'll just go back to being another heartbroken cubs fan. and congratulations, mets, it was quite a performance. >> when you're hot, you're hot. >> thank you. >> let's roll this. greg's diet tips, as you know i've been focused entirely on halloween.
2:59 pm
it's important thaw eat healthy during that time. can you end up eating too much sugar and passing out on the street. take a look at this young man. he's enjoying -- listen to him, he's enjoying the beta carotene from a fresh pumpkin. >> is that alex? >> alec bald win? >> yes. >> he's quite hirsute. is that the word? i've had enough of this. i want juan to talk so i can yell at him. >> so sometimes as i look around this building with all of these nuts -- i get inspired. and that happened this past weekend with my friend harris faulkner, because she walked 39 miles this last weekend for the avon walk to end breast cancer. she did 26 miles around new york city on saturday. 13 miles along the hudson on sunday. and this is very personal. her aunt mary has been diagnosed
3:00 pm
with stage 4 breast cancer. that diagnosis came in the spring so best wishes to aunt mary and boy, harris, you inspire us. you did good. >> so set your dvr so you never miss an episode of "the five." "special report" is next. this is a fox news alert. i'm brett baier in washington, hillary clinton continues her testimony at this hour before the house select committee on benghazi. we will take you back there live shortly. first a recap of what's gone on since the hearing began eight hours ago, plusrom our expanded all-star panel. let's begin with our fox team coverage. catherine herridge with some fact-checking of what clinton said today. and we begin with chief congressional correspondent mike emmanuel. >> hillary clinton has spoken about benghazi before. this time her email provided a useful tool to help with asking her questions. >> i was the one who asked

172 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on