Skip to main content

tv   The Kelly File  FOX News  January 4, 2016 6:00pm-7:01pm PST

6:00 pm
tonight. miss megyn is next. i'm bill o'reilly. please remember the spin stops here, because we are definitely looking out for you. breaking tonight. a kelly file exclusive on the new film that may pose a threat to hillary clinton's hopes for the white house. welcome, everybody. i'm megyn kelly. many insisted that this issue of benghazi was over. her defenders pronounced it is officially time to move on. that the terrorist attack that took place in libya on september 11, 2012, which the administration argued was about an internet video offensive to muslims. but the issue still looms large to the families of the victims
6:01 pm
killed. at least three of the families are on record as saying as their loved one's bodies sat at dover air force base, days after the attack, mrs. clinton personally approached them and blamed the murders on this internet video. even though we now know that just two days earlier, she told the egyptian prime minister that the video had nothing to do with it. days ago, at a stop in new hampshire, mrs. clinton was pressed on why her story diverges wildly from that being told by these family members. "somebody is lying," said a columnist. who is it? mrs. clinton responded, not me. that's all i can tell you. no one is lying, let's not impugn anyone's motives here. not, i reject the premise of your question, "not me." that was the answer she chose to give. but a major motion picture about to be released by paramount
6:02 pm
pictures, "13 hours, the secret soldiers of benghazi" makes it clear that benghazi was a preplanned terrorist attack. the film is introduced as a true story and reintroduces benghazi as a potential campaign issue that cannot be helpful to mrs. clinton. the film is told through the eyes of the men who were there. three of whom are with us tonight. the real-life heroes on the ground in benghazi on september 11, 2012. they helped the director craft a gripping film that captured the fierce fight to protect dozens of americans and the desperate calls for help that went unanswered by president obama's administration, including hillary clinton's state department. we'll speak with them 234 a moment. but first, a new look at the story about to hit the big screens. [ gunfire ]
6:03 pm
>> benghazi is under attack. we need immediate assistance. >> base under attack. >> let's go! >> the u.s. ambassador. >> you've got to send us. >> you're not the first responders. you will wait. >> let's go, we've got to roll. >> we have no jurisdiction in that country. we're not even supposed to be here. >> losing initiative. >> stand down! >> we are all going to die. >> none of you have to go. >> we are the only hope they have. >> we're coming in. ♪ >> he's still inside. >> i'm on the roof. don't leave me. >> we're under heavy fire.
6:04 pm
>> are we expecting any friendlies? >> i'm not aware of any friendlies. >> let them come, let them come. ♪ >> what you do right now will determine whether we live or die. >> as long as i'm doing the right thing, god will take care of me. ♪ >> you're in my world now.
6:05 pm
>> i'm here in the middle of all this. >> shoot that son of a bitch! >> think about losing my girls, man. ♪ >> joining me now, three of the heroes who saved dozens of americans that night, and who wrote the book on which that film is based. mark geist, chris poronto and don tigen. >> thanks for having us. >> i know two of you have seen the film, you have not. how true to life is the film? >> example when i walked out of the theater, i felt just drained. like there was a big hole inside me. it was because i really virtually went back to benghazi
6:06 pm
when i was watching it and i missed it so much that it was a part of me that i relived on the screen and i realized how much i've been missing it over the last two years. >> what do you mean? the film depicts absolute hell. >> it's not. it's amazing being with your brothers and fighting with them. being there and being with them and having the faith that you're going to defeat all the obstacles. i relive it. i usually don't get like this. no, it just brought home a lot of the strootruths that we went through. the brotherhood is the best way i can explain it. i miss it immensely. i sacrificed a lot to get to this point. one, it's a job i really love. i would go back in a heart beat. >> the movie and the book takes
6:07 pm
the reader through the story of benghazi. it starts off at the diplomatic outpost, the so-called consulate where the ambassador was, and the attack on that compound that was not caused by a video. where our rpgs and mortars are set off and ambassador chris stephens die due to smoke inhalation. these guys are off at the cia annex less than a mile away, chomping at the bit saying send us, send us. you can hear the distress calls. you can hear the radio calls of the state department personnel saying, we're going to die, we're going to die, we're going to die. the cia station chief where you were at the time told you repeatedly, according to the movie, stand down. we saw that in the trailer. used the words "stand down." is that how you remember it? >> yeah. i mean, the chief of the base, the team leader sitting on the
6:08 pm
front porch and told me to stand down. >> tig said, we're losing initiative and we were. >> why is it wrong? the position is, you're here to protect the annex. they had some security personnel over at the consulate, which our viewers should know congressional investigators have found were woefully inadequate. but he was saying you stand down, you're not here to protect that facility. >> that's just how he was. whether it was multiple security situations when we should have left and he they have let us go. >> why? >> just risk adverse, in my opinion. it was his last station, he didn't want to lose anybody, i guess. >> you got trained army rangers, navy s.e.a.l.s, marines, the best in the world standing there ready to go, armed to the teeth trained for this saying -- they're saying they're going to
6:09 pm
be dead. we're going. how many times did he tell you to stand down? >> he told tonto to wait twice, and me to stand down. a "wait" is pretty much a stand down, too. i don't know why he would rely on militia that's not even military trained. they're barely -- >> he's telling you guys the libyans are going to protect ambassador stevens. the libyans who had already run from the front of the diplomatic facility, were going to handle it, which of course they did not. but ultimately the movie depicts you guys saying we're going. and tyrone woods specifically saying to all of you, we -- it's up to you. but we're the only hope they have. did that really happen? >> that did happen. and the radio call from alec henderson saying if you guys don't come here we're all going
6:10 pm
to bleeping die, that's what spurned us. >> you all have testified to this. there was no support. having seen the film this morning, if there's one theme that emerges, that is it, that they were left alone. there was no one to back you up. throughout the film, you see heroes assuming, understanding based on their experience that the american military will be there to back them up and support them. and help never came. i mean -- >> i mean, for us, for the military to come and support us, the agency, we wouldn't have expected it. but the fact that they had the u.s. ambassador that had been missing for about five hours before they officially -- he was considered dead and they didn't send anything or attempt to push anything that way is pretty
6:11 pm
crazy. i would never expect them to just leave the ambassador out there. >> what about all the cia personnel in the annex this >> my view is they didn't even try, and that's where the film does a great job showing that even though the head quarters with the department of defense were moving assets, they were stopped an we don't know why. >> what did you expect would come? what did you think would show up, who or what? >> we needed mainly air support. >> how hard would that have been? >> not hard. people see the movie know it wouldn't have been difficult. >> all we sent was an unmanned drone. >> it wasn't helpful at all. >> i want to go back, because one of the things that gets lost in the coverage of benghazi too is the loss of our ambassador, who was portrayed in the film was a good man. >> very good. >> who was just trying to do the right thing, who had begged for security increases there and was denied those security increases.
6:12 pm
and they had in fact been diminished repeatedly leading up to september 11. that's another thing the investigators found, he had no business being in benghazi on 9/11, the administration shouldn't have allowed it. and if they did, they should have sent him proper security. but he was killed that night. you went to the consulate the very facility which he was killed. you kept running in to try to get him, right? >> multiple times. >> and the smoke was too much. describe that moment when you knew he was in there, you didn't know whether he was dead. >> umm, i was on my belly the last time i went in before we got counterassaulted and there was smoke down there and you could only see two feet in front of your face. it was like being in a brick oven. you're just sweating constantly
6:13 pm
and it was extreme heat and just coughing. because you can't really hold your breath because your adrenaline is pumping and you've been running around for the last hour, fighting your way on and searching. it was pretty intense. >> do you believe that if you had been allowed to go when you first send "send us" and the radio calls came in from the consulate saying help us, help us, do you believe there would have been any chance to save them? >> they would be alive today 100%. >> the congressional investigators concluded there was no stand down order. >> i don't know where they got that. that's just silly. >> hillary clinton and barack obama and others rely on those conclusions saying, they believe investigators concluded there was no stand down order. >> it's funny, everything we testified to, they agreed with us 100%, from pretty much eating a candy bar to shooting the ammo, but they don't want to
6:14 pm
believe we were told we were to stand down. >> do you have a political order? >> no. he saved tyrone's life and he's the first one that come up on the roof and put two tourniquets on dave and got a tourniquet on my arm and saved both of our lives. >> and had to see him naked once, that's an honor right there. >> when this audience sees this film and sees what you guys went through and what happened to your arm, which was basically hanging off -- >> from about right here there. >> that was impressive. i remember watching him trying to see him get that gun up and that arm is hanging up. i don't want to give a marine anymore kudos, but i was impressed. >> when we went down to get help, it wasn't for himself.
6:15 pm
>> hu-huh. >> so oz walks in to where the cia agents are to say there's another guy, his arm is dangling and there's somebody that is hurt and needs help. and you refused to go on that airplane that got you guys out of there ultimately on a gurney. why? tell them what you said. >> i walked into that country, i'm going to walk out. again, it's who i am. i'm not going to -- i don't know. it's just -- i just felt compelled to -- i'm not going to let that -- i'm not going to lose. >> to the end. it wasn't the united states that was there for you. >> that's kudos to glenn dauerty in tripoli getting that aircraft to us. >> last subject, you come back, it was all about a video. we heard the family say it, that hillary clinton, according to the family members, looked at
tv-commercial
6:16 pm
them, at dover air force base when the bodies came back and said, we're going to get the guy thatx[cb made that video. now when asked who is lying you or the families, she says it's not me. of course, she's talking about glenn's family, she's talking about tyrone's family and shawn's family. >> and i know pat smith, i know katie quigley, glenn's sister. we know ty's mom. we know what they told us was said and i know them very well. and katie has been on news quite a bit telling you what she was told. i know that they were told it was a video, because that's what they told me and i believe pat and katie. i believe charles woods. >> who would have a reason to lie? why? >> they have no reason to tell anything but the truth. >> when you saw the testimony of hillary clinton, she testified twice, and the first time she made big headlines when -- well, we have the clip. this is what she said.
6:17 pm
>> the fact is, we had four dead americans. was it because of a protest or because of guys out for a walk that decided to kill some americans. what difference at this point does it make? >> what's your response to her? >> it makes a huge difference, and that's -- this is what i was talking about with the politics of it. they're politicking of and just getting it down to where it turns into a reality show where the truth is not being told. that's one of the reasons that pushed us to stay political but tell the truth of what happened on the ground, because it does matter. it matters to honor our friends that passed away. we need to honor ambassador stevens and the families that need to know the truth of what took place there, because they didn't know. >> incredible. you will not leave your seat for two plus hours when you see that movie. don't make plans to get something to eat. because you will be sitting
6:18 pm
there white knuckled for two hours. it was riveting and comes out on january 15th. and coming up later in the broadcast, how you can help those guys if you are so inclined. we also have a big story of donald trump and bill clinton as they go head to head. it is now the hottest fight on this campaign trail. plus, did isis just full off a horrifying terror attack inside of israel? one of our top terror analysts was in tel aviv when this attack unfolded. he joins us tonight on what could be the next front in the war on this terror group. and then the bundy family tonight finds itself at the heart of a dramatic newñk standoff. this time taking over a federal building in oregon. we're joined live to tell us why they think this cause is important to all americans a and to answer those who say it's
tv-commercial
6:19 pm
actually about lawlessness. >> we make a stand so it will not happen to other people across this country, so they will not come into our homes and take away our rights and they will not come into our children's home and take away their rights. days after the paris attacks, senators came together for a top-secret briefing on the terrorist threat... marco rubio was missing - fundraising in california instead. two weeks later, terrorists struck again in san bernardino... and where was marco?
6:20 pm
fundraising again in new orleans. over the last 3 years, rubio has missed important national security hearings and missed more total votes than any other senator. politics first: that's the rubio way. right to rise usa is responsible for the content of this message. at ally bank no branches equals great rates. it's a fact. kind of like ordering wine equals pretending to know wine. pinot noir, which means peanut of the night. but i've managed.e crohn's disease is tough, except that managing my symptoms was all i was doing. and when i finally told my doctor, he said humira is for adults like me who have tried other medications
6:21 pm
but still experience the symptoms of moderate to severe crohn's disease. and that in clinical studies, the majority of patients on humira saw significant symptom relief. and many achieved remission. humira can lower your ability to fight infections, including tuberculosis. serious, sometimes fatal infections and cancers, including lymphoma, have happened; as have blood, liver, and nervous system problems, serious allergic reactions, and new or worsening heart failure. before treatment, get tested for tb. tell your doctor if you've been to areas where certain fungal infections are common, and if you've had tb, hepatitis b, are prone to infections, or have flu-like symptoms or sores. don't start humira if you have an infection. ask your gastroenterologist about humira. with humira, remission is possible.
6:22 pm
6:23 pm
breaking tonight, with less than a month to go before the first votes in iowa, the polls are showing what looks like a tight republican race. but the big story is the back and forth between donald trump and the husband of the democratic front-runner. as former president bill clinton hits the campaign trail for his wife, hillary. at this time, mr. trump is ramping up attacks on the president's treatment, the former president's treatment of women. and now trump is getting pressed on an apparent change of heart on this issue. does trump think the lewinsky scandal is actually a deal breaker? here's what trump said today compared to what he was saying back in 2008. >> he lied. he got us into the war with lies. and i mean, look at the trouble bill clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant and they tried to
6:24 pm
impeach him, which was nonsense. >> years ago, you said they shouldn't have chased after it, bill clinton's sex life isn't an issue. now it's a main issue. >> they -- it was important for me, as secretary of state, as a senator, to have all these people on my side. i needed votes. and i would have these people on my side. so i wasn't going to get involved in the monica lewinsky thing and i wouldn't get involved in it now. >> chris stirewalt and howie kurtz join me. happy new year. >> happy new year, megyn. >> trump said some stuff about hillary while we were on vacation that was, shall we said, widely perceived as sexist. and then bill clinton goes out on the campaign trail and now trump, what is he doing here, trying to recapture the moral
6:25 pm
high ground by trying to say, sexism? is that what's happening, stirewalt? >> i think we're referencing his reference to a yiddish word for a part of the male anatomy and how that happened to hillary clinton. >> i've been told we've been bleeping it out here. >> don't bleep me, sister. >> wouldn't be the first time. >> exactly. the deal here, trump is accused of sexism and he says everybody in new york talks about that act and that yiddish term all that time. we people from west virginia hadn't caught up with all that language until recently. so we think american politics for teaching us about these words and terms. but the point being, trump says oh, yeah, you think i'm sexist? your husband, and look at this, when you go back to the videotape on this one, there's plenty, and the big difference, of course, now is that 20 years ago, the social justice
6:26 pm
movement, feminism and everything else was in a very different place about what happens when you have relations with 21-year-old interns in your office. it ain't funny on the left now. it was funny to them then. trump bringing this up then is where it hurts. >> that's the thing, howie, she is probably helped or hurt more by bill clinton? because the democrats in particular love him. i mean, his approval ratings nationwide are very strong. but there is a weakness there, and so far no one has really exploited it. and trump is saying i'm the only one who has and the only one who will. >> look, bill clinton's past misconduct is obviously fair game. he was out on the campaign trail today for her in new hampshire. >> a lot of the democrats have said, move on. even some republicans have said don't get back into the
6:27 pm
nastiness of the clinton affairs and all the other stuff, because it will be bad for the republicans. >> i think it's kind of priced into the clinton stock, at least for anybody who was alive in 1998, 1999. but in classic fashion, megyn, trump has been aided and abetted by the main stream media for which this whole story is catnip and happy to go back to the whole impeachment saga. >> so trump goes back to his -- on his flip-flop, because there he was in 2008 saying something very different than what he's saying now about this problem for hillary and bill, and his explanation is one we've heard before, which was, i was trying to buy them so i had to say that it wasn't a big
6:28 pm
so it depends on how much the media wants to turn up the volume here.
6:29 pm
should this be front and center in the presidential race when it's hillary who is the candidate? >> my head is swimming. great to see you both. remember christmas when we were eating turkey? breaking tonight, new details on missing country music star craig strikeland. we'll tell you what his family is saying after his body was found. ranchers versus the feds take two. we'll speak to one of the men leading an armed takeover of federal property. see what the law has to say about that, next. >> you said you were here to help the citizens of the county. that help ended when a peaceful protest became an armed occupation. ♪
6:30 pm
there it is... this is where i met your grandpa. right under this tree. ♪ (man) some things are worth holding onto. they're hugging the tree. (man) that's why we got a subaru. or was it that tree? (man) the twenty-sixteen subaru outback. love. it's what makes a subaru, a subaru. [martha and mildred are good to. go. here's your invoice, ladies. a few stops later, and it looks like big ollie is on the mend. it might not seem that glamorous having an old pickup truck for an office... or filling your days looking down the south end of a heifer, but...i wouldn't have it any other way. look at that, i had my best month ever.
6:31 pm
and earned a shiny new office upgrade. i run on quickbooks. that's how i own it. you're down with crestor. alright! now there's a way you can get crestor for $3. adding crestor, along with diet, lowers bad cholesterol. crestor is not for people with liver disease, or women who are nursing,pregnant, or may become pregnant. tell your doctor all medicines you take. call your doctor if you have muscle pain or weakness; feel unusually tired; have loss of appetite, upper belly pain, dark urine or yellowing of skin or eyes. these could be signs of serious side effects. ask for the crestor $3 card. ask your doctor about crestor.
6:32 pm
6:33 pm
breaking tonight, an armed standoff in the oregon wilderness shows no sign of ending any time soon. it started with a group of ramplers unhappy that two of their neighbors were sentenced to lengthy federal prison stints for starting fires on their own land. dwight and steven hammond got five years after some of those fires spread to federal land. a group broke off and decided to take control of a national wildlife in oregon, trying to make a point that the feds are
6:34 pm
trying to stick it to the ranchers. among them, the sons of rancher cliven bundy, who had his own controversial dispute with the feds in 2014. in moments, we'll be joined by ammond bundy. but we begin with trace gallagh gallagher. >> reporter: they arrived at the federal prison near los angeles late today. the two men walked through the gates to begin serving their five-year prison term. their ranch interlocks with federal property, so for years, they have worked together to manage the vast area where their cattle graze. in the early 2000s, they claim the feds gave them permission to start fires intended to protect the cattle. three years ago, dwight and steve hammond were convicted of arson. they served their original sentences, three months for the
6:35 pm
older, a year for the younger. but because they were prosecuted under an anti-terrorism law, the government appealed the shorter sentences. now because the government is playing hardball with the h hammo hammonds. armed protesters have taken over several federal buildings. the local sheriff thinks bundy wants to overthrow the local and federal government. listen. >> the hammonds have turned themselves in. it's time for you to leave our community, go home to your families, and end this peacefully. >> ammond bundy says he's with 150 armed protesters. the fbi is clearly trying to avoid another ruby ridge and waco, texas, and so far there's been zero law enforcement
6:36 pm
presence. but remember, the government retreated from a standoff last year with the bundies over grazing rights and experts say not act thing time could embolden more anti-government groups. >> joining me now, ammond bundy, one of the leaders of the standoff. thank you very much for being here tonight. so how is what you are doing not lawlessness? >> well, i think that we have to go to the supreme law of the land to answer that question, and that is the federal government does not have authority to come down into the states and to control its land and resources. that is for the people to do. and that is clearly stated in article 1, 817 of the constitution. >> you know the argument on the other side, which is these ranchers, whom you support, had their day in court. and they were found guilty and
6:37 pm
it went all the way up to the u.s. supreme court, which denied their appeal. isn't that the way it's supposed to work in our country when it comes to the rule of law? >> let me ask you and i'm sure you know the answer, but who was the plaintiff? >> keep going. >> no, i'm asking, who was the plaintiff against the hammonds? >> i'm waiting for you to make your point. generally i don't answer questions on my show, i ask them. >> well, it was asked intended to be answered, but the is plaintiff is the federal government and the prosecutors are the federal government. those who want their land is the federal government. and those agencies that have been oppressing the people here are the federal government. there is no proper redress,
6:38 pm
because our -- the design of this, the structure of this government is not intended for the federal government to come down against individuals in a state on these matters. and that is what this is all about. >> your brother, ryan, apparently told the "oregonian," that you are willing to kill and be killed, if necessary here. do you agree with that? >> that statement was taken way out of context. i've already talked to my brother about that, and so no, i wouldn't agree with it, because it wasn't his statement. >> so you will not let this come to violence? >> well, i have a family. i have six children, a beautiful wife. i have a wonderful home. i have a business, several
6:39 pm
employees. i'm not here to die. i'm here to defend my freedoms and my liberties, and will i? yes. but it's not going to come to that. there's good things that are going to come from this and things are going to get straightened out and we're confident that is going to happen. and it will be a benefit for many, many people across this nation and i can pass on what i've enjoyed to my children. >> thank you for being with us tonight with your perspective. breaking tonight, new details from the family of country music star craig stickland after his body was found by police. and did isis pull off its first successful attack in israel? dramatic video. stay tuned.
6:40 pm
some flavors are so good, you get hungry just thinking about 'em. and at red lobster's big festival of flavors you can savor 2 of 7 new and classic creations on one plate for $15.99. like delicious new maple-and-bacon grilled shrimp, because c'mon, what doesn't bacon go with? or get a little kick with these new ghost pepper bbq grilled shrimp. because if you like it spicy, garlicky, or cheesy, trust me you'll like this. but every last flavor is too good to last-so hurry in!
6:41 pm
you know the symptoms when they start. abdominal pain. urgent diarrhea. now there's prescription xifaxan. xifaxan is a new ibs-d treatment that helps relieve your diarrhea and abdominal pain symptoms. and xifaxan works differently. it's a prescription antibiotic that acts mainly in the digestive tract. do not use xifaxan if you have a history of sensitivity to rifaximin, rifamycin antibiotic agents, or any components of xifaxan. tell your doctor right away if your diarrhea worsens while taking xifaxan, as this may be a sign of a serious or even fatal condition. tell your doctor if you have liver disease or are taking other medications, because these may increase the amount of xifaxan in your body. tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on becoming pregnant, or are nursing. the most common side effects are nausea and an increase in liver enzymes. if you think you have ibs with diarrhea, talk to your doctor about new xifaxan.
6:42 pm
6:43 pm
. . . . [ scanner beeping ] sir, could you step aside? "sir"? come on. you know who i am. progressive insurance? uh, i save people an average of over $500 when they switch? did you pack your own bags? oh! right -- the name your price tool. it shows people policy options to help fit their budget. [ scanner warbling ] crazy that a big shot like me would pack his own bags, right? [ chuckles ] so, do i have the right to remain handsome? [ chuckles ] wait. uh-oh.
6:44 pm
developing tonight, security teams in israel are now in day four of an intense manhunt for the shooter behind last week's deadly attack in tel aviv. he was caught on surveillance video before pulling out a rifle and shooting up the bar next door. he killed two people and injured at least seven others in this attack, and now the question is whether isis -- isis may have had a role in this. dr. sebastian gorka was in tel aviv when this unfolded. he'll join us in a moment. but first, trace gallagher has new details on the attack. >> reporter: during recent terror attacks in israel with a knife or vehicle, the attackers always stayed at the scene, indicating they wanted to be killed by security forces. but in this case, the suspect
6:45 pm
used a semiautomatic weapon and escaped, resembling the isis inspired attacks in brussels, paris and san bernardino. so far isis has not claimed responsibility for the attack in tel aviv that killed two people, but it comes just days after the isis leader threatened israel with violence. authorities believe the shooter is a 29-year-old israeli arab with a long criminal history. police found a copy of the koran in his bag. but the suspect's family says he is mentally unstable. listen. >> translator: i heard my son did what he did in tel aviv. i did not educate him this way. i'm sorry for what he did. when i got to know about the incident, i went to the police station by myself and i helped the security forces. >> reporter: it's still unclear if he acted alone or had help. but investigators say the longer
6:46 pm
the hunt for the killer goes on, the more likely it is that he's getting outside help or is holding up in a prearranged hiding place. security in tel aviv remains on high alert. megyn? >> trace, thank you. joining me now with more, dr. sebastian gorka, who provides counterterrorism training to the fbi and special forces. doctor, thanks for being here tonight. so a little eerie with you, because you were right out there in california when the terror attack happened. you're in tel aviv when this one happened. do you believe this is isis in israel? because we see israel attacked a lot, it tends to be the palestinians, not isis. >> happy new year, megyn. first, if i may commend you on the interview you did with those benghazi heroes. thank you very much. that was amazing. >> thank you. >> look, there's something very interesting about this attack that really links it to the
6:47 pm
other ones that were mentioned, not only in europe but in california. since september, there have been dozens of knife attacks in israel, which have led some people to call this the third entifadha. young couples being attacked, people being mercifully knifed down, but the perpetrators stayed there and were usually intercepted or shot by israeli security forces right there on the scene. in this case, we actually have the video of this young man, very cooley and calmly going to that shop, taking out the weapon, loading the weapon and gunning down the victims. which is very similar of the "charlie hebdo" shooters and also the footage -- or the reports of california, individuals who very cold bloodedly mowed down those
6:48 pm
innocent individuals, and then moved on to try and execute another attack or simply to esca escape. even if there aren't operational ties back to isis, the way which this was done is something different, megyn. >> uh-huh. and it's chilling, because here you see this guy just dropping in a grocery store. the next thing you know, people are dying in the bar next door. basically what we're seeing here is this radical jihadism. >> well, what we're seeing here, and this is the most important thing, is the growth, the popularity of this ideology. i've said for years now, we've got to stop looking at individuals trying to counter radicalized or focusing on is it isis, is it a.q.? forget all that. it's about people who share the same ideology. whether it's nadal hasan, the ft. hood shooter, this man or
6:49 pm
the couple in california, the connective tissue is the idealology of jihad. >> dr. gorka, good to see you. >> thank you, megyn. still ahead, a special request if the real-life benghazi heros who led our show tonight. plus, candy carson, ben carson's wife, is here with an eye opening new book. wait until you hear this. next. at ally bank no branches equals great rates. it's a fact. kind of like ordering wine equals pretending to know wine. pinot noir, which means peanut of the night. [ sneezing ] a cold can make you miserable. luckily, alka seltzer plus cold and cough liquid gels. rush liquid fast relief to your tough cold symptoms. fast, powerful liquid gels from alka seltzer plus
6:50 pm
6:51 pm
that's why i switched from u-verse to xfinity. now i can download my dvr recordings and take them anywhere. ready or not, here i come! (whispers) now hide-and-seek time can also be catch-up-on-my-shows time. here i come! can't find you anywhere! don't settle for u-verse. x1 from xfinity will change the way you experience tv.
6:52 pm
6:53 pm
breaking tonight, new details in the death of country star craig strickland. police confirming that the lead singer o the band back road anthem was found dead. his body was found on the bank of a creek in oako. he died from hypothermia. they were last seen on a duck hunting trip where their boat may have capsized due to a storm. his body was found on december 28th. since the launch of his republican presidential campaign, the life story of dr. ben carson has inspired the admiration of a big group of voters, and from his climb, the story of it, from poverty stricken streets of detroit to the hall of yale university, one woman has been by his side. candy carson is here with her new book, a doctor in the house, my life with ben carson.
6:54 pm
great to see you again. >> it's nice to be back so 100% of the royalties will go to charity. you wrote this book the o tell us what about ben carson that we don't already know? >> to give you a broader perspective of what he's like and what our life has been like. >> speak to the issue. his credibility took a hit in recent months where a lot of news outlets attacked him as allegedly not being a truth teller on the issue of his bio. what do you say to that? >> you know, being through the process now, there's edits that don't get done. there's edits in this book that didn't get done, but they're going to be corrected by the next printing. so there are things that might not be quite there, quite correct, but he has addressed those issues. >> do you think, is his campaign in trouble? because the news today was that three of his high ranking advisers including his campaign manager, quit on thursday, last week. >> well, you know, growing pains. if something's not quite working
6:55 pm
because it's been working great for a long time but there are other things that weren't quite growing at the same rate as his campaign. so restructuring took place. and they decided that they preferred to resign. >> is it true that he's got a quirky since of humor, that he tells jokes about a guy tried to date two timing a woman named kate and edith? >> definitely. >> and he said the two women found out he was two timing them and so they killed him. moral of the story, you can't get your kate and edith, too. >> definitely. >> i wish you luck with the book. i understand it must be very difficult to be the spouse of the candidate because it's easy to take the licks yourself. it's quite another to see your loved one take them. so good for you. >> but you know, i know he's been consistent and fair, and he's going to be a wonderful president.
6:56 pm
seriously, it's, it's really fine. you don't want to be seen with your dad? no, it's..no.. this about a boy? dad! stop, please. o, there's tracy. [ horn honks ] what! [ beeps, tires screech ] bye dad! it brakes when you don't. forward collision warning and autonomous emergency braking. available on the newly redesigned passat. from volkswagen. i tabut with my back paines, i couldn't sleep and get up in time. then i found aleve pm. aleve pm is the only one to combine a safe sleep aid plus the 12 hour pain relieving strength of aleve. i'm back. aleve pm for a better am. vo: it happens so often, you almost get used to it. i'd like to make a dep-- we got this. vo: which is why being put first takes some getting used to. ♪ nationwide is on your side nationwide is the exclusive insurance partner of plenti. it takes a lot of work... but i really love it.s.
tv-commercial
6:57 pm
i'm on the move all day long... and sometimes, i just don't eat the way i should. so i drink boost® to get the nutrition that i'm missing. boost complete nutritional drink has 26 essential vitamins and minerals, including calcium and vitamin d to support strong bones and 10 grams of protein to help maintain muscle. all with a great taste. i don't plan on slowing down any time soon. stay strong. stay active with boost®. but he's a chaos candidate. jeb bush: donald, you know, is great at the one-liners. and he'd be a chaos president. two months ago, donald trump said that isis was not our fight. donald trump: let syria and isis fight. why are we... why do we care? let isis and syria fight. jeb bush: he said that hillary clinton would be a great negotiator with iran. donald trump: hillary's always surrounded herself with very good people. i think hillary would do a good job. jeb bush: and he gets his foreign policy experience from the shows. chuck todd: who do you talk to for military advice right now? donald trump: well, i watch the shows.
6:58 pm
i mean, i really see a lot of great, you know, when you watch your show and all of the other shows... jeb bush: i don't know if that's saturday morning, or sunday morning. donald, you're not going to be able to insult your way to the presidency. to happen. if i'm president, i'll be a commander-in-chief, not an agitator-in-chief or a divider-in-chief... that i will lead this country in a way that will create greater security and greater safety. announcer: right to rise usa is responsible for the content of this message. when a moment spontaneously turns romantic, why pause to take a pill? and why stop what you're doing to find a bathroom? cialis for daily use, is the only daily tablet approved to treat erectile dysfunction so you can be ready anytime the moment is right. plus cialis treats the frustrating urinary symptoms of bph, like needing to go frequently, day or night. tell your doctor about all your medical conditions and medicines, and ask if your heart is healthy enough for sex. do not take cialis if you take nitrates for chest pain, as it may cause an unsafe drop in blood pressure. do not drink alcohol in excess.
6:59 pm
side effects may include headache, upset stomach, delayed backache or muscle ache. to avoid long-term injury, get medical help right away for an erection lasting more than four hours. if you have any sudden decrease or loss in hearing or vision, or any symptoms of an allergic reaction, stop taking cialis and get medical help right away. ask your doctor about cialis for daily use. insurance coverage has expanded nationally and you may now be covered. contact your health plan for the latest information.
7:00 pm
wanted to do something for the benghazi heroes. one started the shadow warriors project. it supports wounded american private contractors like these guys with their medical bills needs. here's the website. give it a look. thanks for watching. tonight the countdown to iowa is on. texas senator ted cruz is on a bus tour in the hawkeye state. >> i'm going to keep my focus on our positive, optimistic vision for this country. we can turn this country around. >> the 2016 republican presidential candidate is here tonight. >> the politicians can pretend it's something else, but donald trump calls it radical islamic terrorism. >> donald trump unveils his first television ad. former speaker of the house newt gingrich is here to weigh in. >> we know we can't stop every act of violence, but what if we try to stop even one? >> and president obama gets ready to use executive action to push through his anti-gun agenda. we have all the

92 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on