Skip to main content

tv   The O Reilly Factor  FOX News  January 7, 2016 8:00pm-9:01pm PST

8:00 pm
advancing a kalife and until we advance that truth, i think, unfortunately, they'll have the upper hand. thanks for joining us. we'll see you back here tomorrow night. d.c. the o'reilly factor is on. tonight: >> you believe senator ted cruz is a natural-born citizen? >> i don't know. >> donald donald trump's bomb-throwing campaign continues to lead the pac but can he really win the republican nomination for president? tonight we have three special reports. >> you have the highest unfavorables in the polls. is it fair to ask you why you think that is? the "the washington post" says fox news channel has enormous influence in the election. how fair is our coverage? bernie goldberg will weigh in. >> if computers start taking over the world and go to war with humans, whose side are you on? >> it's not that simple. >> also ahead, watters on the machines influencing every part of our lives.
8:01 pm
♪ >> you're welcome. enter the no spin zone. the factor begins right now. ♪ ♪ hi, i'm bill o'reilly. thanks for watching us tonight. can trump win? that's the subject of this evening's talking points memo. perhaps for the first time in memory, the left wing media at republican party establishment agree on something. it would be bad if donald trump is a g.o.p. presidential nominee. the despises mr. trump because he mocks their values or lack of thereof. republicans, some of them don't believe he can beat hillary clinton. let's take a look at that question. latest poll out of new hampshire done by a democratic crew trump leads
8:02 pm
talking points believes trump will win the new south carolina, trump far>iúç ahead in the polls. super tuesday impossible to call right now. holding trump back is his unfavorable rating. according to a cnn poll 57% of american adults not necessarily voters, adults do not like mr. trump. that includes 27% of republican folks. despite that, trump continues to dominate the national g.o.p. polling. the reason for that is that many americans are fed up with what has happened to america. the tide of standard politicians lying to them and they believe trump will blow up the entire system. but there is more. in a "wall street journal" column today danielle henninger puts forth political correctness has alienated so many americans that the anti--pc guy trump is acceptable no matter what he says.
8:03 pm
mr. hennenger points to phrases like gender neutral, diverse, inclusive, multiculturalism, racism, sexism, and on and on. i don't know but, but i'm fed up with that garbage because it's use to do hurt people. the politically correct crowd often fire as vial accusations toward those they don't like. folks who oppose gay marriage, for example are homophobe bic. people who want a spans cybil welfare system are anti-poor. >> americans no believe that the enormous out-of-wedlock african-american birth rate is hurting the country are antiblack. that's vile stuff and clear thinking people americans know it thus, when a guy like trump actually attacks politically correct madness, he gains devotedz followers. the truth is that donald trump could win the republican nomination but he will still have to moderate his tone a bit and he will have to get more specific in
8:04 pm
his problem-solving vision. but i believe he has got a chance. and if he does win, it will be the most incredible political upset in history. and that's the memo. now for the top story tonight. we have put together some highlights of my interviews with donald trump. we began talking with him on day one, the first day he announced his campaign. and our last interview was just on monday. roll the tape. >> so let's start with thej/ muslim registry controversy. what do you want there? what's your vision? >> well, it's very simple. when they come in from syria, guest of president obama, we shouldn't be taking any because we have no idea where they come from, who they are. they have no paperwork. there is no way of proving that their paperwo correct. when they come in from syria, i want them to be registered becauseáwe just don't know who they are. we don't know where they come from. we don't know if they are isis and we don't know if they have evil intentions. so i want them registered. >> all right. but they will be if they get
8:05 pm
papers to come here ice, homeland security we will know who they are, we will know where they go. so what you want is a reality already, is it not? >> no. what i don't want is i don't want them to come here. you shouldn't do it because we have no idea, ice. do you believe in ice? >> i don't have any confidence they can vet them. >> they wront vet them properly. >> if it were me and i was running as a republican, instead of saying i don't want them, i would say i will take some women and children and they have to be properly vetted by the fbi and not homeland security because we don't trust them. but they will take some women or children who are languishing in these camps. >> putin has no respect for our president whatsoever. he has tremendous popularity in russia. they love what he is doing and what he represents. we have a president who is absolutely, you look at him, the chemistry is so bad between those two people. i was over in moscow two
8:06 pm
years ago and i will tell you can get along with those people and get along with them well. you can make deals with those people. obama can't. he is not -- >> so you could make a deal with putin to stop his expansion? >> i would be willing to bet i would have a great relationship with putin. >> based on what, you two macho guys? come on. >> based on a feel. deals are people. >> you just put out an ad that features the southern border and you're saying that you are going to put up a wall and stop the madness. now, you are criticized because some of the video in the ad looks like it's from mexico is from morocco. so the pressf: is all over you on that. how do you react? >> all it is a display of what it's going to look like and what our country looks like. that was just video footage. a display of what our country is going to look like. we are like a third world country. we are a dumping ground. >> he will stop illegal immigration by building a
8:07 pm
wall on our southern border that mexico will pay for. >> you use a morocco video. you don't think that's misleading? >> no. i think it's irrelevant. all we want to do is what it is going to look like. they could have picked something else. we could pick plenty of footage, that, i can tell you. >> i want to think back to when bush was calling you a chaotic guy. and you struck back in your own way and said he was a loser and you were trouncing him in the polls. >> let's see, i'm at 42 and you are at 3. >> it doesn't matter. >> so far i'm doing better. you know, you started off over here, jeb. you are moving over further and further. pretty soon you will be off the end. >> do you feel bad when you are doing that? >> i feel a little bit sorry for him to be honest with you. i don't like saying bad things about him. but you have to understand he struck first. i you mean, you know, all stage stuff. some guy wrote it for him and he came out and right from day one, right from minute one he came out and he attacked. >> but they all feel that way. >> i don't -- no, they
8:08 pm
don't. he was really the only one of any consequence that went after me. and a couple of little shots. his whole thing was about going after me. i thought it was inappropriate. >> now, would i be unfair to say to you, which i would if we were at a yankee game,x+;x hey, calling senator rubio a clown was not presidential? >> >> no, i don't think you would be unfair. i have to tell you how that all started. i was getting along with him perfectly fine. two weeks ago. i don't reallyx know him. all of a sudden he attacks me about nothing but really attacked me quite viciously and i fought back. i told people that he has one of the worst voting records. he has the worst voting record in the senate. he never shows up. weak on immigration. he was a member of the gang of eight which was a disaster. weigh was totally weak on immigration and by the way he hasn't changed. >> it's the clown stuff that's not fine. last question -- >> -- well, okay. can i understand that. >> good. >> but he hit me very viciously. >> but on policy.
8:09 pm
you have the highest unfavorables in the polls. all right? more people don't like you than any other candidate. is it fair to ask you why you think that is? >> well, i also have the highest positives in the poll. >> you are like howard cosell? remember howard? >> it's a combination. >> like howard cosell? >> you know, i think you can see this. i have done very well over the last number of months. the places i'm going to a lot. south carolina, i'm doing grade in that category. i think when people see me and they see i want to make america great again they all of the sudden say i really like him. >> the tabloid puts you on page one looking like hitler. does that kindff bother you personally? >> certainly i don't like it. i think it's disgraceful that they are allowed to do it. i am a person that is.
8:10 pm
you know, i'm in the forefront of something that's not been done before. i have been called by very, very respected writers saying they have never seen anything like this happen in american politics. it effects my family. they don't like seeing their father or their husband ridiculed but in the end they are very smart people and they say well, wait a minute, they are after you because you are up by 20 points and you have done something that's never been done before in american politics. what is important is that we get the word out. my whole thing is make america great again. >> well, there you go. next on the right now we will continue our coverage of one very simple question. can trump win? coming right back. there's a more enjoyable way to get your fiber. try phillips' fiber good gummies plus energy support. it's a new fiber supplement that helps support regularity and includes b vitamins to help convert food to energy. mmmmm, these are good! nice work, phillips! the tasty side of fiber, from phillips'.
8:11 pm
say they'll save youfor every by switching,surance companies you'd have like a ton of dollars. but how are they saving you those dollars? a lot of companies might answer "um..." or "no comment". then there's esurance - born online, raised by technology and majors in efficiency. so whatever they save, you save: hassle, time, paper work, hair tearing out and, yes, especially dollars. that's auto and home insurance for the modern world. esurance. backed by allstate. click or call.
8:12 pm
...one of many pieces in my life. so when my asthma symptoms kept coming back on my long-term control medicine, i talked to my doctor and found a missing piece in my asthma treatment. once-daily breo prevents asthma symptoms. breo is for adults with asthma not well controlled
8:13 pm
on a long-term asthma control medicine, like an inhaled corticosteroid. breo won't replace a rescue inhaler for sudden breathing problems. breo opens up airways to help improve breathing for a full 24 hours. breo contains a type of medicine that increases the risk of death from asthma problems and may increase the risk of hospitalization in children and adolescents. breo is not for people whose asthma is well controlled on a long-term asthma control medicine, like an inhaled corticosteroid. once your asthma is well controlled, your doctor will decide if you can stop breo and prescribe a different asthma control medicine, like an inhaled corticosteroid. do not take breo more than prescribed. see your doctor if your asthma does not improve or gets worse. ask your doctor if 24-hour breo could be a missing piece for you. see if you're eligible for 12 months free at mybreo.com. continuing with lead story can donald trump secure the nomination. real clear politics and coal
8:14 pm
chester vermont, a "the washington post" reporter covering the campaign. ms. johnson to you, do you think trump can win. >> at this point he has aed better shot than anyone else in the field. he has been dominating the polls for months. he keeps throwing thee rallies that thousands and thousands of people are showing up to. what he has to do is turn these fans into actual voters. and that could be difficult because he is going after a lot of nontraditional' people. his supporters tend to be younger, less likely to have a college degree. they make less money. their schedules are probably less predictable and they don't vote as often as your typical voter. >> we have seen them standing in the cold in local, massachusetts. if they come out for a rally and they are very jazzed they are motivate to do come out and change. do you see it that way, mr. bevin? >> i don't know that we know that yet, bill. howard dean back in the day he had a lot of excitement
8:15 pm
in iowa and ended up finishing out of the money there. so it's going to be -- it is going to be tough to see if he can translate certainly he has tapped into something with electorate. and emotion and anxiety and all of that stuff. whether he can actually caucus inññññ particular, bill is not just a primary where you get to go in and pull a lever. you have to organize and go there and be there hours at a time. it's a different process. >> it's a cruz play, i think at this point. trump will compete but it looks like in the traditionally voting states of new hampshire and south carolina that trump will win. but 27%, ms. johnson, of republican voters say they don't like trump. and that's a high number. i mean, you know, 27% of your own party doesn't like you that's what gives me pause. i understand that the left doesn't like him and they really don't like him. there is a considerable amount of republicans that don't like him.
8:16 pm
>> >> well, and the question is, do they like someone else that much. >> better or are they going to stay home? >> yeah. exactly. do they dislike him enough to come out and vote for someone else? %9muz be seen. >> what do you think it is that trump has, hennenger said in the journal it wy).ñ antipolitical correctness. i say it's because president obama has taken the country? a direction that millions of americans just are furious about that's what's mr. trump, ms. johnson. what do you think it is? >> you know, every time i go to a rally, guy and see audience and talk to as many people as i can. i have to say it's almost like they are reading from a script. the comments are nearly identical. they say they like that he is not a politician. they like that he is not politically correct. even if they disagree with some of the things that he says or disagree with the way in which he says them, they like that he is shaking things up and isn't afraid
8:17 pm
to call people out and go there. >> they are deciding on emotion. do you see it that way, mr. bevin. >> absoseuáey >> republican voters are -- they certainly are mad at president obama and democrats, but they are almost equally as mad as republicans. that's what trump is really standing for. he is as you said in your talking points, bill, is someone who has incredibly says he is going to go in and blow the place up. that's what republican voter have been looking for and a lot of the disaffected voters out there. >> do you both feel we get word from the clinton campaign they want to run against trump although it would be more painful for bill and hillary clinton to confront him because there is no rules. trump will say whatever he wants. okay. but the clinton people feel the demographics are on their side and with the high unfavorables although hillary is not liked at all. unfavorables are not as high as trump's. do you see that as a factor in republicans voting in their primaries if trump gets it he can't beat
8:18 pm
hillary, ms. johnson? >> >> some people think that he could beat hillary. >> who? >> because he is not afraid to go there. people i talk with. >> you don't have any data. electoral college states that trump would have to win -- he has got to win ohio and virginia and north carolina and florida, gotta win them. he is not going to win california and new york. trump is not. those big giant states with all those electoral votes. do you see republicans maybe not voting for trump because they don't think he can beat hillary, mr. bevin? >> no, not necessarily. i mean, i think, look, bill the country is evenly divided. it's going to come down to a few states and independence. and so, you know, hillary clinton has other own issues with independents on trustworthiness and other issues. i think it would be a closer race than most people are predicting now. >> that would be interesting. certainly if trump runs against hillary clinton, that will be the wildest
tv-commercial
8:19 pm
presidential race since andrew jackson. i was there. ms. johnson, mr. bevin, thank you. directly ahead, we will take you inside the republican establishment. why do they dislike trump so much? later, former federal prosecutor predicts hillary clinton will be indicted for the email deal. that will take care of you can't predict... the market. but at t. rowe price, we can help guide your investments through good times and bad. for over 75 years, our clients have relied on us to bring our best thinking to their investments so in a variety of market conditions... you can feel confident... ...in our experience. call a t. rowe price retirement specialist or your advisor ...to see how we can help make the most of your retirement savings. t. rowe price. invest with confidence. dsenators came together for a top-secret briefing on the terrorist threat... marco rubio was missing - fundraising in california instead.
8:20 pm
two weeks later, terrorists struck again in san bernardino... and where was marco? fundraising again in new orleans. over the last 3 years, rubio has missed important national security hearings and missed more total votes than any other senator. politics first: that's the rubio way. right to rise usa is responsible for the content of this message.
8:21 pm
8:22 pm
personal story segment tonight, many in the republican establishment don't doo not want donald trump do get the g.o.p. nomination. that has angered some trump supporters of course. he had rawlins who ran president reagan's 1984 reelections campaign. george will, charles krauthammer, karl rove, a number of other republican establishment people, john
8:23 pm
mccain, mitt romney, none of them want to see trump run. they all tell me, although i don't speak to all of them, but the guys that do talk to me say it's because they don't want -- think he can beat hillary. it's not a personal thing. they just don't think he has enough support. >> i would say no one knows at this point in time. just as you laid out. >> nobody knows. but the attitude of the republican establishment. >> part of the establishment is he is not one of them. he has not been a republican. >> but krauthammer wouldn't do that. krauthammer is not one of those guys. >> he is a smart guy. but for someone to project a year in advance a weak candidate which hillary is. she is not inevitable president. she is going to be a viable candidate but not inevitable president. no one knows what this guy is going to do. i argue he may have a harder time winning the republican nomination than he would winning the general election. >> let's state with the establishment horses. you have been around for a long time. you know this crew. all right. they don't want this man.
8:24 pm
>> because he is not one of them. they don't have any control over him. he has not been a former governor. he is not a senator. they don't know what kind of president he is going to be. traditionally they want someone that's a part their segment of society. >> krauthammer is not like that. >> well, he is one voice and i think he is probably making an honest judgment as karl is. >> sure, they are. >> it's about opinions. i worked for ronald reagan. ronald reagan in 1966 pat brown senior wanted to run against reagan because he could beat him. he won two landslides in california. jimmy carter in 1976 wanted ronald reagan because he was the guy he could beat. ronald reagan not only became the president but he became a good president. like a hand of two handed poker. >> reagan was a totally different political animal than trump. reagan was an establishment man. >> he became one. >> he did run for governor of california on the republican ticket. he supported goldwater in '64. he was a party guy. now, he and ford were brutal. i know this because i wrote
8:25 pm
a book on it. they hated each other. he and gerald ford because they weren't -- they were going for the same job. trump is a different story. some of trump's style that puts off. >> if someone looks to the future i worry about q we need to attract hispanic voters in the future and need to attract young voters in the future and bring women back. so the things he said i think will drive some voters away. but, in this election cycle, to say he doesn't have a chance is absurd. >> why is it absurd when he has a 57% unfavorable among all-american adults. >> she has high unfavorable too. >> about 50%. >> it doesn't matter comes down to one-on-one at the end of the day. campaign ahead of us. again guy back, if he wins the republican nomination a lot of republicans unhappy. can he unify the party and bring it together. the plurality of americans today are independents and the states you rattled off. >> it's growing. >> it's going to grow more and more. don't understand. >> some republicans didn't like him. all right. they didn't stay home --
8:26 pm
they didn't vote. if all the republicans would have coalesced around romney he would have won the election. with a 7% of republicans not like trump it could happen. >> it's not just republicans. it's independents and democrats. as richard nixon found out there was a silent majority that he turned into landslide. ronald reagan converted a lot of democrat and turned it into a landslide. have to watch the game. for anybody to say he can't win is absurd. >> you believe then that the republican establishment is making a mistake by coming out so vociferously against trump? >> just let it run its course. >> compete? >> at the end of the kay. >> that's three at the end of the days, you know that. that means 300 to do so wounded warriors because we have a fine here for that. >> i didn't realize that. but i'm happy to. >> bottom line is my other one don't try to double that. >> i would allergy that the establishment, very strong establishment candidates. they have been knocked out
8:27 pm
before. >> like jeb bush. >> he is not out yet but he will be. rick perry. six months ago walker. >> if trump falters from your perch, who is the likely person to rise, cruz, rubio, who? >> either one of those two. >> there is through in your mind that have a chance. >> that have money, organization, and support. >> trump, cruz, rubio, everybody else is done. >> i think they will stay around because bush still has another 50 million that he hasn't wasted yet in a super pac. he will stay around but he will not gain any traction. this is about getting delegates. you need 1236 delegates. all about getting delegates. all right mr. rollins, the day is almost over and nice to have you here. >> 300 bucks. >> goes to a good job. >> can i send this bill to ailes? >> bill him for it. >> dana perino on a prediction that hillary clinton will be indicted for the email national security
8:28 pm
situation. goldberg on whether fox news is doing the right thick in this election cycle. should be interesting and we hope you stay tuned to those reports. what makes thermacare different? two words: it heals. how? with heat. unlike creams and rubs that mask the pain, thermacare has patented heat cells that penetrate deep to increase circulation and accelerate healing. let's review: heat, plus relief, plus healing, equals thermacare. the proof that it heals is you. hi hey you look good. thank you, i feel good. it all starts with eating right. that's why i eat amaz!n prunes now. they're delicious and help keep my body in balance. i love these. sunsweet amaz!n prunes, the feel good fruit. what's that, broheim? i switched to geico and got more. more savings on car insurance? yeah bro-fessor, and more. like renters insurance. more ways to save. nice, bro-tato chip. that's not all, bro-tein shake. geico has motorcycle and rv insurance, too.
8:29 pm
oh, that's a lot more. oh yeah, i'm all about more, teddy brosevelt. geico. expect great savings and a whole lot more.
8:30 pm
8:31 pm
you're not thinking about all the money you saved by booking your flight, rental car, and hotel together. all you're thinking about, is making sure your little animal, enjoys her first trip to the kingdom. expedia, technology connecting you to what matters. campaign 2016 segment tonight, let's bring in miss dana perino who has her two top stories of the week both political. dana has chosen hillary clinton's email troubles as number one. >> her biggest problem right now is the fbi. they are not going away a.
8:32 pm
they have reached a critical mass in their investigation of the secretary and all of her senior staff. i predict that hillary will not make it to the finish line. >> okay. so he is predicting, i mean you can anything you want but caught our attention. >> while it could be true not likely to be true. the loretta lynch the justice department head the attorney general will actually ever do an indictment even if the fbi were to show the evidence that they think that there should be one. >> but if the fbi came out should be indicted if lynch doesn't there would be impeachment calls, everything else. today hillary clinton, 'thousand more come out. and it's a drip, drip, drip. and this kind of a situation. there isn't, you know, like a headline, it's just more of the same that she should not have been doing this. >> right. >> and everybody knows she should not be doing it. i disagree with you. i think if the fbi comes out publicly and says there is enough to indict that lynch has to indict.
8:33 pm
has to. >> i think this close to the election it will be very hard. here's the thing. i don't think that any republican should count on this happening. >> that's a good point. >> very unlikely. while she has this hanging over her head. it is a question of her judgment and a questionwa of her credibility and trustworthiness and numbers and issues that she has trouble with all across the country. especially in battle ground states. >> now, your second big story of the week is on the election. what is it? >> well, it's that for the first time, we have been talking about the election for about a year, but now it really matters. and you are going to have a debate next week for the first time of the new year. and this is where the rubber meets the road. >> the rubber meets the road. >> is that a fineable offense? >> no. but it's close. >> do i have to get he had rollins back in here to pay for my bill. >> actually, we have his wallet back there. >> this is where you have to show your supporters. >> we understand that with the iowa caucus coming up on the first of february and then new hampshire on the 9th, that's going to be here. >> remember because 46% of people did not make up their mind until after the last
8:34 pm
debate in 2012. >> objection. now,=÷ -- okay, now today trump released unbelievable ad and we will show you in the bernie goldberg segment. we will hold it because he we almost have to edit this thing. it's a really savage attack on hillary clinton. and he is obviously trying to use her to gin up even more support. do you think that tactic is smart? >> i think the time something excellent for him. i think he has been very shrewd and grown as a candidate. now that people are really election. if he is in the lead what he wants people to start thinking is can0wñfd he beat hillary clinton? the numbers the pentagon would say well, on paper, no. he is going to show like republicans that i'm afraid to take on hillary clinton? watch me. and this ad is an example of that. >> that's two good points you have made >> so now i don't have to pay the fine. >> now we may be paying you even more. what he is going to try to do, trump now, is stay away from the attacking the
8:35 pm
republicans. >> yep. >> because. >> why does he need to. >> is he going. >> that's what i have been saying for a while. why are you picking on people that don't really even matter. >> is he requesting to skirt jeb bush with mace? >> he doesn't need to. sometimes irresistible to him. >> sometimes? all times. if you say hey, don, your tie is out of line, hey. you are going to get it. right. >> but by making hillary clinton the focus and this ad that year going to show you features cosby, monica lewenski. >> brutal. >> i don't know if hitler made it but he might have. yeah, it's crazy. so all of this works to his ad vantage, you say? >> he think it does because people now are starting to get as it gets serious who can actually beat hillary clinton. whoever can show they can makes a difference. >> i don't know that it matters earthly voting
8:36 pm
state. if you are looking to solidify your gains. >> do you agree with me it's probably cruz and iowa at this point and trump in new hampshire and south carolina? >> no. >> you don't agree. >> i you think probably iowa cruz. everybody heads to south carolina and there could be more surprises there. >> so far ahead in south carolina and i think that state is going to go for trump. dana perino, everyone. thank you. when we come right back, bernie goldberg on how fox news is covering the campaign of 2016 and that crazy trump video. then watters on crazy high tech stuff effecting all our lives. up ahead. heartburn! no one burns on my watch! try alka-seltzer heartburn reliefchews. they work fast and don't taste chalky. mmm...amazing. i have heartburn. alka-seltzer heartburn reliefchews. enjoy the relief. vo: it happens so often, you almost get used to it. i'd like to make a dep--
8:37 pm
we got this. vo: which is why being put first takes some getting used to. ♪ nationwide is on your side nationwide is the exclusive insurance partner of plenti. go to ziprecruiter.com and post your job to over one hundred of the web's leading job boards with a single click. then simply select the best candidates from one easy to review list. and now you can use zip recruiter for free. go to ziprecruiter.com.
8:38 pm
i use what's already inside me to reach my goals. so i liked when my doctor told me i may reach my blood sugar and a1c goals by activating what's within me. with once-weekly trulicity. trulicity is not insulin. it helps activate my body to do what it's supposed to do release its own insulin. trulicity responds when my blood sugar rises. i take it once a week, and it works 24/7. it comes in an easy-to-use pen and i may even lose a little weight. trulicity is a once-weekly injectable prescription medicine to improve blood sugar in adults with type 2 diabetes. it should be used along with diet and exercise. trulicity is not recommended as the first medicine to treat diabetes and should not be used by people with severe stomach or intestinal problems,
8:39 pm
or people with type i diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis. trulicity is not insulin and has not been studied with long-acting insulin. do not take trulicity if you or anyone in your family has had medullary thyroid cancer or multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2 or if you are allergic to trulicity or its ingredients. stop using trulicity and call your doctor right away if you have symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as itching, rash, or difficulty breathing; if you have signs of pancreatitis such as severe stomach pain that will not go away and may move to your back, with or without vomiting; or if you have symptoms of thyroid cancer, which may include a lump or swelling in your neck, hoarseness, trouble swallowing, or shortness of breath. medicines like trulicity may cause stomach problems, which could be severe. tell your doctor about all your medical conditions and any medicines you take. taking trulicity with a sulfonylurea or insulin may increase your risk for low blood sugar. common side effects include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, decreased appetite, and indigestion. some side effects can lead to dehydration, which may cause kidney failure. with trulicity, i click to activate what's within me.
8:40 pm
if you want help improving your a1c and blood sugar numbers with a non-insulin option, ask your doctor about once-weekly trulicity. and click to activate your within. thanks for staying with us, i'm bill o'reilly in the weekdays with bernie segment tonight. "the washington post" article that appeared online says in part, quote. fox news and analysis carries tremendous weight with the the conservative audience most interested in the republican primary. right now the network is doing a good job of throwing that weight around. fox has4o gotten under trump's skin more often than most with tough questions and more reasonable critiques, unquote. with us now is mr. goldberg. the post didn't run that
8:41 pm
article in the paper possibly because it's too complimentary to fnc. what did you think of it. >> well, i think there is some truth in it. i think there are some interviews on this channel that hold donald trump accountable. i have no problem with that. but, there is the rest of the story that's not in the column. i will give you three quick points. number one. trump gets more air time on fox than some of the anchors. and that in and of itself is a plus because if christie or fiorina or kasich or huckabee or rubio got as much air time, i think their poll numbers would be higher. that's a plus and that wasn't in the column. number two, trump has more than a few friends on fox and some of them interview him as if they were interviewing a friend. and my rule of thumb is, tonight interview your friends. especially if they are running for president of the united states. >> you are not referring to me, are you? you can't be referring to me.
8:42 pm
>> no. that's why i said some. not all. >> all right. because i mean i'm not a close friend of his but i know him for a lot of years. what's your thirdya( >> my third point is the most important one, at least from my point of view. i want to make very clear that many, many,+g many trump supporters are good, honorable, decent people who support trump because they are so fed up with politics as usual and they believe that donald trump will make america great again. i want problem whatsoever with those people. but trump also has other supporters. and more than any other politician whose currently running or more than any other politician in recent memory, donald trump and i'm going to use the words of a headline in the "the washington post" over a column, donald trump brings bigots out of hiding and he does. it's true. there are people and i get emails from these people and so do you, i'm sure, bill. they hate muslims. they hate all muslims. not just the ones who are
8:43 pm
terrorists. they hate mexicans. not just the ones who are smuggling drugs. they hate gays, that's for damn sure. if you are jewish and you write about donald trump's excesses, they let you know how they feel about jews. so i would suggest that somebody on this channel, you preferably, say to mr. trump, look, you can't be held responsible for all your supporters, that would be unfair and unreasonable but you do attract people who go way beyond simply being angry. you attract some people think are bigots. >> okay. i will -- let me refute -- i want to get to this trump video but i want to refute the points. number one air time. cnn gives trump more air time than fox. the reason that all cable news networks want to put trump on is because he generates ratings and this is a business. >> of course. but it helps him and that was not in the article. >> candidates provocative as trump their air time would
8:44 pm
go up as well with. no one wants to hear rehearsed speeches and a lot of the candidates that's all they give you. number two. >> when barack obama was running in for president in 2008, i will contend to you attracted just as many bigots on his side who voted for him simply because of skin color because they didn't like whites or they wanted a black and they didn't know what he was talking about. and that had been proved in a number of reports. so it's not fair and wouldn't be fair to barack obama to confront him with that. it wouldn't be fair to him. >> no, no, the media should have confronted him. >> it's not fair. the candidate has no control over it. candidate has controlled what he:$ñ she says on that note. let's go to the trump. this is an internet video that was just released. go. >> women's rights are human rights and human rights are women's' rights. once and for all. let's keep fighting for opportunity and dignity.
8:45 pm
>> wow, we got cosby you in there, weiner in there, lewenski in there where is charles manson? go. >> right. i wrote a column on my website. it's still in there defending donald trump saying that if hillary clinton is going to, a, bring bill clinton on the campaign trail to help her get elected and b say that donald trump has a penchant for sexism, then she has opened the door and he has every right to go right in through that door and do this. but she has backed off of that. he apparently hasn't. i think this going to hurt him one bit. >> no. this is going to help him. it's going to help him. >> right. right. >> oh, man. >> but elections are about theí4ú about the future. not the past. while this is going to help him, certainly not hurt him among his%7 supporters, i don't see how this is going to help him in the broader,
8:46 pm
general electric democrat. >> got to get there this sucks all the air out of the room. everybody is going to be talking about it this week and all the people who don't like hillary yes, and you know it. bernie goldberg, everybody. watters on deck, high tech also, samuel l. jackson feuding with trump. right back with that chaos. right back with that chaos. where our next arrival is... red carpet whoa! toenail fungus!? fight it! with jublia. jublia is a prescription medicine used to treat toenail fungus.
8:47 pm
use jublia as instructed by your doctor. are you getting this?! most common side effects include ingrown toenail, application site redness, itching, swelling, burning or stinging, blisters, and pain. oh, epic moves, big j! fight it! getting ready for your close-up? ask your doctor if jublia is right for you. visit our website for savings on larger size.
8:48 pm
8:49 pm
back of the book segment tonight. new aspect of the watters world looking at the high tech item no, ma'am numb of america. as you knownp i have began tweeting to counter all of the anti-fox news propaganda out there. watters has been following the reaction to my new tweets and here he is. what do you have for us? >> you made a big splach. you almost have a million followers. justin bieber hasp 0 o.
8:50 pm
>> 70 million? >> you do have a long way to go. >> would it help if i gelled my hair up a little bit. >> don't touch your hair. you made a splash. people like it because you this they think you are pithy. you have battled the machines now you have colopped the machines. >> fox news gets attacked every single day. i you know you don't see most of it because it's crazy and on the internet. i have to have a mechanism. so it's @ o'reilly factor where i have a mechanism where i can just bang, this guy's a liar, this guy is this and this guy is that. it affords me no joy. >> okay. new you're also, your most popular tweet was about hillary clinton. >> yes. >> when you said she was probably deceitful. everybody agrees with you. saying liar, liar pant suit on fire. she will do anything to get elected. >> people see what they want it see and hear what they want to hear.
8:51 pm
but hillary clinton is trying to pose as this progressive, and she's not. her whole history is i want to make as much money as possible any way i can. and get khadafi out of power in libya. this is not what progressives do. sanders is a real progressive. >> that is true. now your most controversial tweet. you got a lot of push back, when you said the president is sincere on stopping gun violence. he is going with about it the wrong way. >> everyone says those are crocodile tears. why is he releasing crack dealers, releasing illegal aliens, releasing gitmo detainees. >> people like me can't gauge sincerity but the president knows children and that's what he is talking about. dead kids. so i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. there is in high-tech land a
8:52 pm
feud between samuel l. jackson, in a new tarentino movie, and trump. it has to do with some gulf game. trump tweeted, i don't know samuel l. jackson to the best of my knowledge, haven't played golf with him and i think he does too many tv commercials. boring. not a fan. >> you know him? >> i play golf with him. i played golf with him with anthony anderson one day. >> gotcha. >> we were all playing together. we clearly saw him hook a ball in a lake at trump national in jersey. his caddy told him, he found it. >> and was the caddy soaking wet when he said this? >> no, he was not. he just took off running. next thing, i got it mr. trump. >> so trump says he didn't play golf with him. jackson says he did. >> i think i would remember. >> right. >> the evidence is actually that they did play golf and trump is
8:53 pm
saying, i remember him. he has a terrible swing. unathletic golf swing. >> this is the problem with tweeting. if you say you didn't play golf, then say you did. now i remember. so you have to be careful. >> that's true. >> i told trump that a million times. you have to be careful before you tweet. think about it. >> now trump is saying, let's play golf for charity. and we haven't heard anything from samuel l. >> i think sam should do that. >> the ball is in his court. >> that's a hundred bucks to wounded warriors. i'm really going like that -- >> can't afford it. >> i can tell by the tie you're wearing tonight. >> all right. there is jesse watters everybody. cnbc taking a big hit in the republican debate. remember that? guess who benefitted. fox business channel. the tip, moments away.
8:54 pm
the flu virus hits big. with aches, chills, and fever, there's no such thing as a little flu.
8:55 pm
and it needs a big solution: an antiviral. so when the flu hits, call your doctor right away and up the ante with antiviral tamiflu. prescription tamiflu is an antiviral that attacks the flu virus at its source and helps stop it from spreading in the body. tamiflu is fda approved to treat the flu in people two weeks of age and older whose flu symptoms started within the last two days. before taking tamiflu, tell your doctor if you're pregnant, nursing, have serious health conditions, or take other medicines. if you develop an allergic reaction, a severe rash, or signs of unusual behavior, stop taking tamiflu and call your doctor immediately. children and adolescents in particular may be at an increased risk of seizures, confusion, or abnormal behavior. the most common side effects are mild to moderate nausea and vomiting. anti-flu? go antiviral with tamiflu. tip of the day, fox business
8:56 pm
closing in on cnbc in a foemt. but first, marcia, in denver, colorado. the american economy is not good no matter how politicians try to spin it. that drives me nuts. name one republican who says the economy is good. you should have said no matter how the democrats try to spin it. good analysis, marcia. austin, texas. owe riley preposition that hillary clinton is not a socialist because she is rich is follows. the definition after socialist is a person who advocates socialism. sure, juan, but i'm analyzing history here. hillary clinton has embraced capitalism to make money. correct? don't you remember that hillary push ford government control of the health industry? fair point, ken. she absolutely did. quebec, canada. we have an expression for people like hillary clinton. caviar left. they want socialism for everybody but themselves.
8:57 pm
bill, how can you call putin a thug? we invade other countries, don't we? making a moral equivalency between the usa and putin, are you zach? pretty far out there. just so you know. oliver, cambridge, massachusetts. i can live safely without having to see another movie by quinton tarentino. i can't live safely without police protection. the question the anti-cop stuff hurt the director. and springfield, illinois. the christmas gifts i gave my nieces and nephews cannot compete with their machines. sad. it is. it is. it's sad. high-tech is changing children in america dramatically. and david, ontario, canada. bill, any chance of you and miller bringing the who wants to be president tour up here? we looked that the, dave, but the taxes are murder. they're killer. so we have three usa shows right now. microsoft theater march 12. fairfax, virginia, march 7, june 1 m.
8:58 pm
details on billoreilly.com. tickets going fast. so move it. robert haines colorado springs, as a new premium member, i enjoy venting on the message boards. thanks for give meg a voice, bill. i hear your voice, loud and clear, robert. thanks for becoming a pm. mr. o, what advice would you give college student who want to become future bill o'reillys? careful what you wish for. get as muched education as you can. most of all, believe in yourself. finally tonight, the factor, tip of the day, we are pleased to tell you, that the fox business network, rising quickly in the ratings. two reasons. one, they're good. and anchor by stewart barney and lou dobbs, better than the competition on cnbc. also, cnbc took a massive hit because of its unfair presentation at the republican
8:59 pm
debate. now fox business network on the move up. and with the stock market melting down, the network becomes the must to check out. by the way, fbn has another republican debate one week from tonight. factor tip of the day. and that is it for us tonight. please check out fox news factor website, different from billoreilly.com. also, i'd like to spout out about the factor anywhere in the world, owe riley@fox news.com. and the word of the day, vulpine. if you want it read my tweets,@oreilly factor. >> carson, can he mount a come back? can he make it back? again, thanks for watching us tonight. miss megyn is next.
9:00 pm
please, remember the spin stops here because we are definitely looking out for you. ♪ ♪ >> breaking tonight, the president defends his new gun rules. in a national town hall. and challenges the nra. >> there's a reason why the nra is not here. they're just down the street. and since this is the main reason they exist, you would think they would be prepared to have a debate -- >> debate with the white house -- >> oh, we've invited them. >> so right now tonight you're saying you would be willing to be -- >> we have invited them repeatedly. >> and now in a kelly file exclusive, the national rifle association responds. for the first time to president obama's direct challenge and it his new push for more gun

82 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on