Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  January 11, 2016 2:00pm-3:01pm PST

2:00 pm
this. he'll be my special guest on fox business tomorrow. we'll be covering the president's state of the union address as well as getting ready for the big debate at the end of the week on thursday. we hope you'll join us for that on fox business where we mean business and a whole lot more. hello, everyone, i'm kimberly guilfoyle, along with dana perino and this is the "the five." tonight sean penn is defending his secret interview with mexican drug lord "el chapo" while he was still a fugitive. more on that in a moment, but first, new dramatic video has been released of the raid that led to chapo's capture on friday. [ gunshots ] >> the mexican military firing dozens of shots and tossing
2:01 pm
grenades before storming chapo's hideout. it was two days before that scene that rolling stone dropped a bombshell, releasing an interview conducted by actor sean penn with the drug lord in october and when chapo's brags about his crimes. the white house has responded. >> i was appalled by his bragging, in particular, george, about an epidemic that's sweeping the country on heroin addiction. i was appalled by his bragging to the enter viewers in rolling stone that he moves more heroin than anybody in the world. >> well, penn is coming under fire for the one on one. here's marco rubio. >> i think sean penn is not someone i spend a lot of time thinking about. i didn't even know he was still around. i think he made movies a long time ago or something. he and chapo, i guess, used the interview he had in order to find him, the mexicans did. i hope they extradite "el chapo" to the united states, and if one
2:02 pm
of these actors who have made money on the free enterprise system, if they want to fawn all over drug traffickers, i hope they have no regrets. >> did he essentially do him in? we count sean penn as an essential element on the drug lord's capture. that was kind of marco rubio's response, i thought, dana. what was he thinking? >> i think he was dismiss sieiv hollywood and there is a lot of reasons to be dismissive of sean penn. when this news broke, one thing i thought the white house would be appalled by was to give "el chapo" power over anything in an
2:03 pm
interview. sean penn said, i meant to do that. he doesn't mind that his interview led to the capture of "el chapo," because maybe we'll find out rolling stone did provide information to the government. i think that's yet to be seen, but it's plausible there was some sort of cooperation. >> wow. can you imagine the ramifications of that? >> probably not. i'm giving them too much credit. >> sean penn would be hiding for the rest of his life if that were the case. i would think that that's not the way they wanted to go. it felt to me when the white house responded we we-- we were talking about this. why would they respond, why would they respond, and then you kind of realize because of the escape. "el chapo's" original escape was su embarrassment for mexico. the white house puts a little pressure on him and they put some extradition prosecution. >> why is that, because they don't want huevos on their face.
2:04 pm
>> rolling stone agreeing to let "el chapo" have final editorial say what goes in that. if that's not the final nail in the coffin it should be. after a story they fabricated based on no fact whatsoever, and then you say you have a global drug lord, everyone is looking for this guy, and you're going to let him dictate the narrative and editorial on a piece in your magazine? you're out of your mind. they'll get a lot of eyeballs and that should be the end of the rolling stone situation right there. did you hear what sean penn said about this guy? he only kills when his business requires him to kill, so he was almost patting "el chapo" on the back for being such an up sta upstanding businessman and citizen in that respect. >> can we have that picture of the two of them shaking hands again? do you notice the mustaches? i'm telling you, i bet you he'll
2:05 pm
play him in a movie, sean penn. i bet you there was a discussion about that. you wait and see. >> that's what the story line was about, because "el chapo" was into that mexican actress, the mexican actress was flirting with sean penn or whatever to get an interview, so basically "el chapo" was brought down because he was obsessed with a woman. >> isn't that always the case, juan? have you had that problem before? >> yeah, yeah. they call her my wife now. >> good answer. >> you know what strikes me is that hollywood, according to penn and to this woman -- what's her name, kate dell castillo? hollywood was approaching "el chapo" while he was in prison to try to get the story. then he gets out of prison and that's when sean penn and his group starts to pursue him, gets out of prison when he escapes. and what strikes me is then all this talk about, oh, how many people in the united states really know who i am?
2:06 pm
that's what "el chapo" is asking sean penn. sean penn tells him, a lot of americans know you. then they have these scenes where, oh, you know what? maybe it's like scarfey. maybe it exists because america likes drugs. i just think he's not a good human being. what strikes me about this, what you heard from eric, what you heard from dana, no one gives approval for a story. the editor said he was just giving quote approval. i think what they were after was a scoop, and i think this scoop has backfired on him. >> we're talking about it. >> they're going to get the eyall, and i don't think they have any journalistic ethics,
2:07 pm
anyway, and that's been out the window for some time, so all they care about is getting attention for the article and they'll continue to have some leadership. matt damon says he has a subscription that will be on his doorstep any minute. >> is there any possible charge that could be brought against sean penn or the magazine? >> put it this way. really? no. but you would think there should be some kind of repercussion for people engaging in that. >> didn't time interview osama bin laden? so i think there is a precedent step for going after high-level criminals and not being prosecuted for it. i have no problem him doing that, my problem is he condoned "el chapo." >> here's my problem. he's making a hero in rolling stone out of this guy. to me he's glorifying them, and i got to tell you, i interviewed drug lords, american drug lords, but i did it in prison.
2:08 pm
i don't want to talk to people while they're in the courts conducting criminal activity. let me just say, this has real consequences on the streets of america. there is no question people die. but what about the corruption of public officials, what about the killing of enemies and the drive-by shootings? he can sit there and pretend to be mr. scarface, but this guy is a murderer. >> let's see what the reaction is in hollywood because sean penn is a well respected actor, he's got a lot of awards, but here's somebody who has as well: matt damon. >> it's nothing new, actors going and seeking out meetings like this. it's part of, you know, what we do to do our job really well, and sean somehow figured out he had an audience, i assume, with this person, and i'm sure was pursuing something creatively and thought a meeting with him would be valuable, so he did it. >> so he didn't seem 100%
2:09 pm
comfortable. >> remember who sean penn's other friends in the world are. hugo chavez, the castro brothers. >> are you not surprised? i thought about it and i said, oh, of course, he's buddies with chavez. to me it wasn't that shocking that sean was able to go in -- >> i think those are leaders of other countries. chapo is directly responsible for the deaths and the heartache and distress of so many people. i do think that the mexicans, i hope, will recognize that kbra di -- extradition is in their best interest as well. they don't need to be embarrassed again by a disruption, and it's better for their country. they can focus on other things if they got "el chapo" into the united states. >> that's the right thing to do, and it goes further in terms of establishing relations back and forth between the united states and mexico to respect the laws, honor the laws, honor this extradition treaty and move forward with it.
2:10 pm
>> you know what's striking to me? i'm perplexed by this. the left, and especially hollywood's, preoccupation with drug lords and drug dealers. >> and guns. >> and guns, and what it can do to people, right? you can walk down the streets of new york and they still celebrate scarface. >> it's any strongman that gives america a hard time. the elite in this country, and people like sean penn, they glorify anybody who is bad in the united states because they don't like the united states. >> they don't? >> it's that simple. they don't think america is good. it's not the fault of these poor drug lords, it's that america needs the drugs and he's just supplying them. >> this is why i think for me it's sort of compounding because the argument on the left is, oh, america has an unrequited appetite for drugs. obviously that's true.
2:11 pm
then does that justify you saying that the person who is selling and spreading this poison is to be glorified? we make them into a movie and a hero? i just don't see it? >> this is where, eric, the free market will speak. >> i think the beginning of that was completely wrong. there is history of actors going after the story, which is a mistake. actors should go after the movie or the part or the role, and i think dana is right. he was probably there not necessarily to get a story about "el chapo" or what his life was about but to learn what he was like so he can play "el chapo" in the movie and stay with that. but what happens, when rolling stone publishes it like it's a journalistic piece, we don't know what "el chapo" cut out of that pie-- what rolling stone c out of that piece.
2:12 pm
they said they cut nothing, but how do we know? >> there should be no problem. it's when it starts coming under the guise of journalism that i have a problem, and everybody else should, too. >> there was surveillance going on that nailed penn that nailed "el chapo." >> that's amazing. you like that? then i harken back to a gent ler time, a simpler time when we had sean penn playing jeff spicoli on "fast times at ridge mont high." conditions change as the iowa caucuses near. stay tuned. hi i'm heather cox
2:13 pm
on location with the famous, big idaho potato truck. our truck? it's touring across america telling people about idaho potatoes. farmer: let's go boy. again this year the big idaho potato truck is traveling the country spreading the word about heart healthy idaho potatoes and making donations to local charities. excuse me miss, have you seen our truck? you just missed it. ahhh! aw man are you kiddin' me?
2:14 pm
2:15 pm
2:16 pm
next, the republican debate is just three days away. we're just two hours away from the big announcement by the fox business network on the lineup. lou dobbs is going to reveal which candidates will appear on the 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
2:17 pm
stages. he will announce it on his show tonight, so don't miss that. the first vote in iowa is just three weeks away. a brand new poll from quinnipac shows trump at 31%, cruz at 29%, rubio at 15%. juan, we're getting late in the game here. three weeks away and a day. it doesn't seem to be changing much. >> political people around washington and the nation, when they talk about this, they don't know what to say because everybody is kind of like, wow, who would have guessed this? the trump people actually go to the polls, they go into the caucus so they stand in the cold iowa gym for three hours, or is it the case that cruz has people so well organized or even someone like rubio that they
2:18 pm
might -- but it all comes down to, are trump supporters really going into the voting booth or are they going to others? >> that's pretty commanding. it's going to come down to who has a great ground game, and that's really what we've seen historically in iowa and new hampshire, who's got that team, get out the vote, organize, pick up the people, put them in a van, put them where they need to be. it seems to me cruz has a pretty good ground game and you hear a lot about it. what is donald trump's ground game like? what we do know is he has lots of enthusiasm in terms of people being very excited, passionate about his candidacy. these are also people that are going to make sure to get out there, make sure his votes are
2:19 pm
counted. >> does iowa matter a lot? >> of course. i think it's going to be a really long night because i think everybody's ground game is pretty good for themselves, and i do think the trump crowd will come out. everywhe but i also think three weeks is a very long time for ted cruz to be the frontrunner. if you think about in 2008, 30% of people made up their mind on who to vote for in the four days after the last debate. so on january 28 will be the last debate being hosted by fox news. in 2012, people didn't make up their minds. 46% of people didn't make up their minds by that time. while we're getting close to it, these three weeks matter so much. i'm actually more interested because these polls have been very stable. i'm really interested in what's going on with hillary clinton and new hampshire and iowa. she's losing in new hampshire still, and in iowa she is close to losing. if bernie sanders can turn out
tv-commercial
2:20 pm
college kids, she actually could lose in iowa. and i think that bernie sanders' team in terms of his ground game, excellent, and i think his staffed wants to win maybe even more than he does, so she could be looking at an upset. >> i want to talk about this. in a new tv ad, hillary clinton is attempting to convince voters the politics of republican opponents are dangerous. >> think about it. i would bomb the [ bleep ] out of them. >> one of these republicans could actually be president. >> sit down and shut up! >> and acting their agenda. >> i think we should repeal obamacare. >> defund planned parenthood. >> they're backward, even dangerous. so ask yourself, who is the one candidate who can stop them? hillary clinton, tested and tough. to stop them, stand with her. >> i'm hillary clinton and i approve this message. >> she's also addressing the
2:21 pm
criticism from donald trump and a lot of others that her husband's past is fair game to bring up in the race. >> if he wants to engage in personal attacks from the past, that's his prerogative. so be it. i'm going to draw the distinctions between where i stand and where he stands when it comes to equal pay for women, raising the minimum wage. he can say whatever he wants to about me. let the voters judge that. but i am not going to let him or any of the other republicans rip away the progress that women have made. it's been fair game going back to the republicans for some years. they can do it again if they want to. that can be their choice as to how to run in this campaign. didn't work before, it won't work again. >> i'm not so -- what do you mean it didn't work before? i don't remember her being the nominee last time. go ahead, tom. >> that's not a bad ad. it got better at the end there. at the beginning when they're talking about carpet bombing and he's saying, sit down and shut up, i think a lot of republican three guys.
2:22 pm
republicans like that kind of spirit. that's why cruz and trump are doing well, because of the perception that they're fighters, something they don't think republicans have done in the past. but you know what's interesting, and i just noticed it about that ad, that there is no sound bite of hillary clinton. it's all a sound bite of republicans, and in the end it's just pictures of her talking to people, because when we played that tape of her, it's hard to find a sound bite of hillary that makes you want to vote for her. >> because she disappears. where is waldo? >> did she put out the bill clinton fire, yes or no? >> no, it's like a duraflame log. you can relight it like six times. right? i've done it. >> how do you put out a duraflame? >> you never really do. it just stays with you. >> it's always hot. >> you have your doorman watch it for a while, you got to work, you come back. that ad just excited me, like,
2:23 pm
yeah, yeah. okay, good. that ad is helul, i think, to motivate the republican base. thank you for spending your money to help our team. >> but, again, i go back to hillary has a bernie sanders problem. that ad was directed at republicans and that's going to be the playbook, they're going to say republicans are scary. women should look out because they're going to turn back the hands of time, and women will be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. meanwhile, bernie sanders is moving up in the polls, so i don't understand why we never see her take him on because it's getting perilous. >> bernie sanders is within three points of her in the polls in iowa, but after that there is no way. i think hillary is already running against the republicans, and i think that ad was pretty effective because, again, the logic among democrats is we don't know about hillary. look at her trusting numbers, all the rest.
2:24 pm
but when it comes down to comparing hillary to people talking about carpet bombing to -- >> isis? you don't want to carpet bomb isis? we want to carpet bomb a lot of people. >> a quick thought after this sound bite. how can republicans beat hillary? stay away from the mushy metal from tom cruz. >> the way for republicans to win is run for the mushy metal. run for the candidates that are democrat-light. if we nominated another candidate in the mold of john mccain or mitt romney, and all three of them are good men. by the way, in the purple state? all three of them got clobbered in the purple state. we are going to win by painting in bold colors, not pale pastels. >> i just talked to a democrat
2:25 pm
this morning and he said, do you know what i think would win? kasich. democrats think that, but i think republicans would actually stay home. >> trump, cruz and clinton? it's really bad. how do you broaden that support in the next weeks or months? >> how do you do that? >> i just don't think that people can. but it's not going to attract independents and it's definitely not going to attract any -- every republican is beating hillary and maybe trump is close to tieing her. >> four years top of the team,
2:26 pm
you know it. the fbi has expanded their investigation beyond hillary clinton's e-mail use. look for evidence of possible corruption. at ally bank no branches equals great rates. it's a fact. kind of like reunions equal blatant lying. the company is actually doing really well on, on social media. oh that's interesting. i - i started social media. oh! it was my...baby.
2:27 pm
2:28 pm
2:29 pm
and i make dog chow in denver, (vcolorado.e's nick one of my fondest memories of khloe is the day we got her. i knew right there she was gonna be a great dog.
2:30 pm
khloe's a big influence on the family. she loved lincoln from the start. she's his little protector. i trust dog chow to keep khloe healthy because i see the high quality ingredients that go into it. the standards that we follow are top notch. i trust dog chow enough to feed it to my dog every single day. hillary clinton trying to put out a new fire e-mails. she's now denying she directed a former state staffer on redirecting classified material. >> there was no direction of classified information, so it's another effort for people looking for something to throw against the wall, as you said in the beginning of the program, to see what sticks, but there is no
2:31 pm
"there" there. >> meanwhile, her e-mail use has just expanded again. they are looking into whether she violated any laws, if she commingled personal business with state business. there is an e-mail that she sends to a staffer saying, remove the classified headings and send me the document. >> that's what we've been saying, she probably did commingle the foundation stuff. when bill and hillary left the white house, they took furniture with them. they haven't returned it. true or false? >> true. >> true. she said, come over and hear bill clinton speak and we'll donate money to charity. almost $2 million that she said the clintons -- i think they filed jointly -- donated to charity. 3 million total -- i think 1.8
2:32 pm
million went to the clinton foundation which they used to fund their own lifestyle. they're still looking for $6 billion that went missing during her time at the state department. true. and the last one, she said she was broke just before signing an $11 million book deal and buying a $2 mill kwion estate. the clintons are greedy. but i do think they're breaking the rules. if not, the laws are certainly breaking protocol for sure. >> the state department issue, the commingling of these two issues, the state department entities, state department official business and the clinton issue, as i recall, juan, are the things that bother you the most. they have the appearance of a problem and now the fbi as they try to include that. >> i was reading in the notes
2:33 pm
about how george thoreau, who is a millionaire, is looking overseas. is it illegal? i don't know, because i don't know what firewalls hillary clinton and bill clinton may have set up so they have some defense. >> can i just throw in something very quickly about the donations? can you imagine if juan williams set up juan williams foundation and wrote off half your income because you donated it to the juan williams foundation and then spent juan williams' foundation money to support your lifestyle? >> he would be in jail, jail. >> if hillary clinton was your client and the client was worried about an fbi investigation as it was, and they get the news that it's expanded. are they worried, or do they think that the government will never indict hillary clinton so it doesn't matter? >> no, i would be concerned and
2:34 pm
really try and put together a serious defense for her, because now it's two-track, so this is very -- i think she's got a big problem. i can't believe that they would just whitewash this, look away -- whitewater -- and not even prosecute her. i'm hoping justice prevails her. if this was anybody else, they would go down for this. i mean, it's really unbelievable that there are two different paths for justice, especially where the clintons are concerned. >> anybody else or just republicans? >> anybody else what? >> or just republicans? >> no, depending. >> can i show you this and see, tom, what you think. this is from rasmussen. should a candidate stop campaign if charged with a felony. 46% said yes, 47% said no. remember in that sound bite hillary clinton said the republicans tried it before and it didn't work?
2:35 pm
what she's talking about is bill clinton in impeachment and he goes on to win the election. >> that 47 number comes up again and again, there's 47% of the country that's going to vote for hillary no matter what. >> you said you were concerned, right, that it concerned you, but probably not enough to vote. >> no, it's like that. people don't care. >> i care. >> you care, but people don't like hillary already. >> she doesn't like her because she's unethical and unfit to lead and serve this country. >> 47% of the country is going to go with hillary no matter what. >> here's the bottom line in all of this. even if the fbi finds something, it's up to the doj to prosecute. there's a good chance that they
2:36 pm
won't. does anyone think they will do it. >> on the bret baier show friday night they were like, there's no way it will ever happen, because it's a cold case. i'm thinking take down the great hillary. but i think, by the way, jim colby? >> check it out. guess what, we got to go. >> if jim colmy quits, aren't you going to say there is something being covered up. >> if you had a hard time hearing that last segment or the golden globes last night, it's not because your tv wasn't working. a good chunk of it had to be censored because of all the swearing goes on.
tv-commercial
2:37 pm
next. maybe you should've done more research on them. for drivers with accident forgiveness, liberty mutual won't raise your rates due to your first accident. liberty mutual insurance. in my business i cbailing me out my i.all the time... i'm not the i.t. guy. i'm the desktop support tech supervisor. and my customers knowing right when their packages arrive. introducing real-time delivery notifications. learn more at myusps.com he ran for senate saying he opposed amnesty... then he flipped, and worked with liberal chuck schumer to co-author the path to citizenship bill. he threatened to vote against it. and then voted for it. he supported his own dream act and then he abandoned it. marco rubio. just another washington politician you can't trust. jeb bush. he's a leader, so you always know where he stands. right to rise usa is responsible for the content of this message.
2:38 pm
2:39 pm
2:40 pm
2:41 pm
there's usually a lot of drinking going on at the golden globes. last night there was a lot of cursing as well. >> this ribbon is for honey awareness. >> is there something going on with honey? is there something going on with honey in the world? [ bleep ]. >> what do people usually call you? >> usually they just call [ bleep ]. >> we can forget about that. dude, who is typing [ bleep ]. >> can i ask you a question? >> go ahead. >> i think we all want the answer to this. [ bleep ].
2:42 pm
>> so much beeping. we didn't hear half the show, right? >> they're having a good time. what's going on? >> except the subject of ricky gervais' jokes. do you think he was nice? >> my wife made me sit through three hours of that. especially when ricky gervais came out and said, oh, my god, another hour and a half. my thoughts exactly. the bad news for the golden globes is the numbers are down. they are down 5% from years ago, and my guess is those arrogant actors dropping f-bombs and s-bombs, getting bleeped and getting annoying. it was frustrating, but we still watched it. >> it's for them, isn't it? it shows that they're edgy. >> they need some corny jokes. >> yes! >> you have to publish a book, dana's corny joke book. >> i kind of steal those from other people.
2:43 pm
>> you liked sylvester stallone? >> i loved it. i liked the movie "crede," i liked it better than "star wars." the force was with me when i watched "crede," i love boxing. it was amazing. >> i thought it was a wait for video one. you say it was fantastic? >> i don't know who you're talking to. >> juan, america for error and eva longoria? >> i like that and that's something you could see on tv, which is they were talking about latino stereotypes in america. i don't know if we have the tape, but it is worth watching. it really was funny. >> are we showing a clip here? we're talking over it, right? >> i'll quote here her. she says, neither one of us is rosario dawson, not salma hayek. you stop and think about it, a
2:44 pm
lot of these people, it's just not fair to stars that aren't latinos. that's true and i thought that was funny. >> this was similar to the golden globes. we couldn't hear it at home and now they can't hear it when we're playing clips. >> they're saying we can't tell them apart? i was offended as the guy who can't tell them apart. dana, were you tweet sng. >> i wasn't, but i have a theory. i think the reason the numbers are down, it's not because of the cursing or anything, it's that social media has made access to the stars a lot more immediate and it's constant and it's every day. i used to love to wait to watch the oscars or the golden globes or the people's choice awards because you didn't get to see celebrities that much. you would see them in the movie theater but not in real life and now they're in the facebook feed, twitter and instagram. you know so much bay celebrity's life without having to wait to go to the theater. there was a "five" party at
2:45 pm
dana, but juan wasn't there. he ditched his co-host for the redskins game. he apparently has some explaining to do. we'll see what happens next. performance... ...reimagined. style... ...reinvented. sophistication... ...redefined. introducing the all-new lexus rx and rx hybrid. agile handling. available 12.3-inch navigation screen and panorama glass roof.
2:46 pm
never has luxury been this expressive. this is the pursuit of perfection. the 88th southern parallel. we had traveled for over 850 miles. my men driven nearly mad from starvation and frostbite. today we make history. >>bienvenidos! welcome to the south pole! if you're dora the explorer, you explore. it's what you do. >>what took you so long? if you want to save fifteen percent or more on car insurance, you switch to geico. it's what you do. >>you did it, yay!
2:47 pm
2:48 pm
2:49 pm
is. the nfl playoffs got under way this weekend and last night was a bit rough for me. my team, and i just call them the washington football team, lost to green bay, so we're not going to the super bowl this year. oh, boy. but my hat's off to them. they had a great season, much better than i thought. i was there with my wife and my sons, raffi and antonio, and we had an amazing time, but now i'm catching flak from some of my coworkers here because i missed the big bash last night. dana threw a queso competition with her staff and the host. who won, dana? >> i did announce who won, so there are actually three people here who can do the contest right now. there are two quesos in front of you. try each one and then you will decide which one is best. juan, you have to get a little more than that. >> why? that's enough for me.
2:50 pm
>> then i actually made a chocolate cake that no one would believe. >> whoops. >> don't worry. is it amazing? >> yes, butamazing? yes. >> these are two different. one has meat in it. >> both have meat. >> really? >> the first one doesn't taste like it has meat. the second has meat. >> in terms of queso which one do you like better? >> i like this one. >> that's number two. >> i like number one. >> i like number two. >> k.g. it's up to you. you are the tiebreaker. >> for just the table. the vote was overwhelming. >> that's true. >> she will have one more bite. >> it's fun to get your co-hosts together staechb together on a weekend. eric there was. greg there was with his wife. adrian couldn't make it. >> what do you say? >> what do you think of the party? >> i had a great party.
2:51 pm
it was fun. >> all right. k.g., number one is like an appetizer type of thing. okay. the feel good appetizer queso. number two, is more like a meal in your mouth. >> which one is it. >> it's a queso contest. >> are you trying to sway me? >> when you go to a restaurant and you order queso which part of the menu do you order it off of? you go order the queso on the first part. uno. not that i was trying to sway the jury. >> yes. our producer from oklahoma puts a lot of meat. i had italian sausage and bacon. there's bacon in there. >> these are both so outstanding. i will invite you both to any party i have as long as you cook and bring something to eat. otherwise your guests will
2:52 pm
starve. >> porter's was more like a guy's queso. >> porter's is like oh, you just got back your man card. >> what about the chocolate cake? >> let me tell you something. that's like a meal. number two is if you can eat that and that's that. it's meaty. hearty. like a manwich. >> if i had come to dana's party i would have eaten much better than any stadium. food at most stadiums not that great. it's the first time i took my sons to a football game and it was for -- washington doesn't get into the playoffs very often. >> you wore the jersey i got you of the washington redskins. >> i wore your jersey. >> there it is. >> so, you know what, joe gibbs was the former coach runs a charity called youth for charity. he signed the football. i got an old football helmet for
2:53 pm
christmas one year. >> tom said mine is better. >> that's what that is.
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
2:56 pm
it's time for one more thing. and we have one more thing from a big fan and friend of the
2:57 pm
five, suzanne somers. this is very timely. she heard us talking about make quinoa. she said let me help "the five" out. dana will give you her queso recipe. she sent this. of this last wednesday. we were discussing tom brady's family diet and we talked about this and you were saying. she likes to make it. she sent this video to show us to educate us in culinary cuisine. >> heard you yesterday say none of you knew how to make quinoa. for being some of the smartest people i know i thought you should know how to make qinoa. it's so easy. take two cups of water. okay. you put a cup of i like to use or beganic qui ii ii iic -- org. a pinch of sea salt. bring it to a boil. let it sit for 15 minutes.
2:58 pm
that's all you have to do. >> she atimes have 15 minutes. i'll have to try that. >> i love her products. the thigh master to this recipe. that's all you need. i was relying on starbucks for this. thanks so much, suzanne. >> very quickly the powerball is up to $1.4 billion right now and that's up from 700 or800, 900 million. check it out. go ahead take this shot right here. camera two. tell me what you want to do with your $1.4 billion. snap chat the white house check that out is now on snap chat. >> thank god. >> sit there. you can snap chat the white house. maybe the white house will snap chat us. >> dream on. >> as lone as it disappears they might. >> hillary clinton. >> so media hype they do this sexy anchor thing and somebody not at this table was offended they weren't included.
2:59 pm
>> what about me, seems my submission didn't get in on time. >> that's pretty funny. we apologize because obviously -- >> you had great music. i'm sorry they chose me instead of you. >> what am i going to do. >> i did a video. take a look. >> sticks and stones really was a powerful bit of philosophy to a kid. that's one of the great things about being a parent. you can spout cliches until the cows come home and dwroet your child it's all new. you come off as one of the greatest thinkers in western culture but does anyone really say sticks and stones any more. >> it's great. check it out.
3:00 pm
>> there's a study out that shows that people over 65 don't get sarcasm. pretty soon that's going to be me. we take it too literally apparently. what a bunch of geniuses. >> "special report" is up next. >> once considered a sure thing hillary clinton now faces a battle in iowa and an uphill climb in new hampshire. this is "special report." good evening, welcome to washington. i'm bret baier. as the justice department continue to investigate her use of private e-mail to do public business as secretary of state, hillary clinton tonight face more immediate threat perhaps to her white house dreams. bernie sanders is surging once again and posing a real problem in what was once considered the safe state of iowa. chief white house correspondent ed henry begins our coverage

99 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on