Skip to main content

tv   The O Reilly Factor  FOX News  February 10, 2016 8:00pm-9:01pm PST

8:00 pm
left this evening. thanks for joining us and we'll see you back here tomorrow night. good night from washington. >> "the o'reilly factor" is on. tonight what ciewld of man talks both sides of his mouth on national television and still denies it. >> house mr. trump. >> that's a lousy house. i'm going it take your house eminent domain and park my limo there. >> verbal warfare already in motion between trump and cruz as south carolina looms. tonight we will talk with donald trump about the race and key issues. >> it means end disgrace of this country having more people in jail than any other country in the world disproportion nativitily african-american and latino. >> what senator sanders will never say is that
tv-commercial
8:01 pm
african-americans are killing their own and authorities are not stopping it isn't that the real racism? we have a special report. also ahead, karl rove and he had henry on the presidential race. dennis miller on his trip to antarctica. >> temperature is. >> 1. >> caution, you are about to enter the no spin zone. the factor begins right now. ♪ ♪ >> hi, i'm bill o'reilly. thanks for watching us tonight. verbal warfare breaking out over south carolina. that is the subject of this even's talking points memo. after last night's vote in new hampshire. there are five viable republican candidates left standing. and rubio. vote in south carolina will be on saturday, february 20th. and already attack ads are on the air between trump and cruz.
tv-commercial
8:02 pm
>> what kind of man talks from both siewdz of his mouth on amnesty for illegals on national television and still denies it? who took more than a million dollars in sweetheart loans from wall street banks and fails to disclose it as required by law? ted cruz, the worst kind of washington insider who just can't be trusted. >> look, i got] the trump action figure. >> no way. that's yuge. >> what does he do. >> he pretends to be a republican. >> my house mr. trump. >> that's a lousy house. i'm going to take your house and imminent domain and park my limo there. >> imminent domain,. [ laughter ] >> so you can see the south carolina race will be intense as both trump and cruz via for conservative votes and the three more moderate republicans desperately try to emerge. now, on the democrat side, bernie sanders must get black votes in order to compete with hillary clinton
8:03 pm
in south carolina and nevada. he started of his campaign for those votes last night. >> when we talk about transforming america, it means ending the disgrace of this country having more people in jail than any other country in the world disproportionately african-american and latino. >> well, sanders says he is a straight talker but not, not on this issue. here's the truth. african-americans make up 13% of the total population in the u.s.a. but commit 37% of all murders. and 90% of black murder victims are killed by other blacks. you will never ever hear either bernie sanders or hillary clinton say that.u9" republican candidates will not likely point it out either because it's politically incorrect. it's much easier to decry
8:04 pm
than address the root causes of violent crime which have can a rosen culture and collapse of the traditional family. candidates made a big deal out of the heroin problem in new hampshire but failed to mention that president obama and other politicians now consider selling heroin on the street, that's a deadlyi drug, remember, to be a nonviolent crime.ñeç not worth very much punishment. thus, the risk/reward ratio of dealing hard drugs rises. again, most politicians will never tell you the truth about social problems, preferring to pander. trump and sanders, the victors last night largely won because they are seen as mavericks, outsiders who will dismantle a corrupt and inept political system. that is the perception. we will see what kind of forward. and that's the memo. now for of the top story tonight, reaction, joining us from his headquarters in new york city is donald trump. so, after some reflection, after your victory last night, who do you think is your main competition right now among republicans?
8:05 pm
>> i would say all of them, bill. i have no idea. just keep chugging, you know, i keep going forward. we have god good positions. border security. security, now that a we have the isis situation. ever since parisñr it changed a lot, bill it. it became outside big league security. that was important. i think obamacare is a very big issue. i see it, we are going to repeal it or replastles it with something much better and something much less expensive. we have a lot of different things we are going to do. >> south carolina -- every state is different. you know that and south carolina looks to be a battle between you and cruz for number one the evangelical vote which you won in new hampshire. and number two, the community conservative vote. we just saw the ad where your guy was saying that he is an establishment whatever he may be. so, don't you consider cruz to be your main competitor in south carolina? >> well, he may be.
8:06 pm
i mean, he may be, but i really view them all. look how fast things can't happen. i thought marco would be there and marco had a bad debate. we have a big debate coming up on saturday night. we will see how it goes. so far i like the debating. it's worked out well for me. i watched that and it was a pretty unpleasant situation. >> that could happen to you on saturday, could happen to nibble. >> no it's not going to happen testimony to a lot of things will, i hope not. hey, bill, a lot of things can happen. >> that's for sure. >> you said this morning on some other program that nobody really watches, that hillary clinton -- >> -- which one? >> i can't remember. new you are on the bg+ñ forum. you said this morning that hillary clinton is evil. what does does that mean? >> well, they asked me one word. i never liked one word comparisons or analogies. but they asked me within word for various people. and she has got -- there is a tendency, if you look at the job she did as secretary
8:07 pm
of state and the destruction that she has caused, i just -- i don't know what it is, the word evil came to mind. the decisions that they made on sohóñ many different fronts as secretary of state were absolutely insane.0&'8s and i thought. >> the word evil, you invited hillary clinton to your wedding you don't invite evil people to your wedding. >> i could have invited you to my wedding also. >> evil applies to me. >> that's right. i get along with everybody. bill, when i was in business. >> i'm curious about this. inept i could see. you saying her tenure as secretary of state wasn't good for the country. that's more of an ineptitude, evil is evil is somebody. >> i could have used inept. a% but that's in your mind though, you know. >> it's in your mind that she might be evil. >> at a certain point, you say to yourself what's going on over&á make some bad decisions? you look at what's going on
8:08 pm
in the middle east right now you? look at the decisions made by her and president obama. whether you call it evil or inept, i really don't care but a lot of bad things have happened and a lot of death has taken place. >> you don't really think she is evil though? you don't think mrs. clinton is evil? >> well, let's just keep it in abeyance and see what happens. >> all right. bernie sanders, how do you asession the senator? i mean, is he a threat to the country or do you find him amusing? how do you assess him? >> i think he would be easy to beat. you never really know. when people start figuringjx out that their tax bill is going to be 95%. i would think that that far outweighs the fact that he wants to give everybody -- everything away. somebody has to pay for it, you and me and most other people. when that bill gets down and they start talking about 9 5% tax bill, i think he loses big league. i'm frankly shocked that a socialist may be beyond socialist, may be communist, who the hell knows, but i'm
8:09 pm
shocked that a socialist is beating hillary clinton so easily. i mean, we will see what happens. but i'm very surprised by it. i think in the end he won't make it but we will see what happens. >> do you believe that >> do you believe that ñz!nie sanders thinks that because i gave you a hard time about immigration. you are never going to be debe able to deport 12 million people and that's impossible. >> yes i will. >> time will tell. do you think that bernie sanders believes what he says that he is going to run up another. >> no. >> 19 trillion-dollar debt and nothing is going to happen? >> no. >> why? >> look, he was a very ineffective senator for years. i mean, he hasn't done anything as a senator. all of a sudden he is going to totally change the country around? i don't think so. no, i don't think he believes he can get this through congress. i don't think he even thinks he has a chance. but i think it sounds great for an election for his
8:10 pm
purposes. >> do you think it's a vanity run? >> no. i think that he does not believe he can get it through congress. you would have to ask him that question. he does not believe he can get it through congress. i fully believe that. >> were you invited to the sharpton/bernie sanders breakfast in harlem today? did they ask you to come. >> i'm devastated that i was not invited. i would have love to do have been there. >> i would have lo to do have been there because there is not a chance in hell toñi quote madeleine albright that sharpton is going to support sanders. i mean, he is a hillary guy. >> i know al sharpton better than i know you. and i have dealt with him for years and years and years. and, you know, when he is not political, love donald trump. i love donald trump. but i will say. in fact, he came up to my office not so lock ago to it apologize because on his show which is now off the air which is a fortunate thing he called me a racist. he came up, he literally
8:11 pm
came up to my office and apologize to do the way i thought was very nice. i know al. al is just doing his thing, bill. he does his thing. we awful do our thing. he was doing his thing and he continues to do it. >> all right. i'm going to now have some policy questions for you if you will just hang tough for a moment andl it, donald, as always. then later on the program, miller back fromb. antarctica. miller back fromb. antarctica. he will2z chronicle his ad i've been blind since birth. i go through periods where it's hard to sleep at night, and stay awake during the day. learn about non-24 by calling 844-844-2424. or visit my24info.com.
8:12 pm
8:13 pm
tv-commercial
8:14 pm
watch. (lure lands in cup) k-ching ♪ fish like a pro at bass pro shops spring fishing classic with free seminars, big savings, plus extra savings during our trade-in sales. continuing now with last night winners of the new hampshire primary trump. china announced it's selling $366 million more merchandise to we americans than we americans sell back to the chinese, 366 billion-dollar trade gap. specificallyéhbmñ specifically, how will you fix that? >> you know this is my big
8:15 pm
point i have been talking about it for years. >> i know. i want to know how you are going to do it. >> listen to me i will tell you, okay? we are going to have to go -- one of the reasons they are able to do it is because they devalue their currency to such an extent. they are the single biggest curb is i minuter that's been manipulativer that's been on this planet. they, by the way, bill, just in case you don't know it it, they tax our goods going into china. it's a totally unfair deal.ú!y=@ and what's happened every time they devalue their currency they make it impossible and more and more difficult for our businesses to deal with china on the other side. the gap is getting bigger and bigger. it's really called the deficit. the deficit is getting bigger and bigger. unless we have somebody very smart and very tough that understands it and our president does not understand it, but i understand it better than anybody, we're going to have nothing but trouble. >> so you are going to say to them. >> $505 billion this year.
8:16 pm
>> i'm going to slap a terrify on all chinese goods coming into the united states. okay. they then are going to say to you. >> bill, yes. >> president trump, we are going to sell all of our bonds that we are holding for america's debt. we're going to flood the market with them and crash. >> that's all right. >> your currency. that's what a trade war would do. >> they are not -- no, no, no. they wouldn't crash -- they won't crash our currency is. they will crash their economy. that's what they are going to do if they start playing that. >> it's going to be bloody. >> let me explain something. we're too dependent on china. we're too dependent. theybtm the likes of which you have never seen if they ever did that. that's what would happen, bill. >> okay. >> you know what people don't understand and our dealings with china, we have the cards. they don't have the cards. >> it's a blink fest. >> we have the cards because they need our economy. >> and that was a specific answer and i appreciate that. so now let's go on to your
8:17 pm
statement you're going to95 deport 12 million people. as you have to know, each one of the 12 million people here illegally is entitled+vx to due process. that means that if donald trump as president issues a deportation order they are entitled to a court hearing in front of a judge. with 12 million people takes up -- >> -- excuse me, bill, if they're here illegally they may or may not be. just like the argument we had about the anchor babies. in my opinion you don't need. >> i'm telling you all settled law says once you're here you are entitled to our constitutional protections, every single case. all right. just so you know. >> i disagree, okay? i disagree. that doesn't mean i wouldn't do that that doesn't mean i wouldn't do it. >> they will block you. >> if they are here illegally. >> obama just got blocked. >> they are here illegally. >> that doesn't matter they are entitled to constitutional protections. o bama got blocked on a his
8:18 pm
illegal immigration amnesty and b telling the coal companies that you can't have a certain amount of emissions. he got blocked on both ofxd them. >> you and i had an argument not so long ago about the anchor babies where somebody comes, has the baby here and forever going to be taken care of. >> that's wrong. >> everybody said you need a new constitutional amendment to end that. they turned out to be wrong. i turned out to be right. you just need an act of coming. you don't need a new constitutional amendment. and we had the same discussion. >> you change the law but not retroactively. you can cñn!9 not retroactively. >> okay. so, bill, what you're saying would mean that if somebody just walked acontrols the border, just walked across and they are here for a couple days and border patrol catches them, they can't bring them back, we have to go through a whole long process because you are not right about that. >> they can catch the act of crossing, they can repatriot right away. if they're here and established, they get the due process. all right. one more thing. >> i disagree. >> all right.
8:19 pm
okay. that's what makes our we have li you know that all right. in colorado, they legalize pot, okay is billion-dollar industry, a billion-dollar a year industry in colorado. and all of the dealers, all the purgers are going to colorado, loading up on the free pot because it's legal, not free. legal. and then zooming around the country selling it.0 does that concern you? >> it's a real problem. >> what would you do? >> there is another problem. colorado, the book isn't written on it yet, but there is a lot of difficulty in terms of illness and what's going on with the brain and the mind and what it's doing. so is, you know, it's coming out probably over the next year or so. it's going to come out. >> what would do you to stop it.xd as president? >> i would really want to think about that, bill. in some ways i think it's good and in other ways it's bad. i do(ólcv to see what the medical effects are. i have to see what the medical effects are and, by the way.
8:20 pm
medical marijuana, medical? i'm in favor of it is hundred percent. but what you are talking about, perhaps not. it's causing a lot of problems out there. >> but you know the medical have a headache and he need marijuana. >> it really does help them. >> okay. was that fun? fun interview? another one? fun? you like the show better than anyone, right? >> it's always a pleasure after one hour sleep coming in from new hampshire to be on your show. always a great honor. >> but you still can. even though you don't have any sleep. i don't know how that happens. >> that's good. i don't know, maybe it's -- >> once again, congratulations on the victory in new hampshire. now, we have invited ted cruz on the factor tomorrow. we hope he comes. also, we have invited hillary, bernieq+÷ sanders, they have open invitations any time. i will come in at 3:00 in the morning to interview them. we hope all those politicians take advantage
8:21 pm
of our invitations. directly ahead had hillary and sanders fighting for the black vote and how they will handle one donald trump. also, miller back from the south poll or -- south pole or somewhere. those reports after these esurance was born online. which means fewer costs, which saves money. their customer experience is virtually paperless, which saves paper, which saves money. they have smart online tools, so you only pay for what's right for you, which saves money. they settle claims quickly, which saves time, which saves money. they drive an all-hybrid claims fleet, which saves gas, which saves money. they were born online, and built to save money, which means when they save, you save. that's auto and home insurance for the modern world. esurance. backed by allstate.
8:22 pm
click or call. i am a lot of things. i am her best friend. i am her ally. so i asked about adding once-daily namenda xr to her current treatment for moderate to severe alzheimer's. it works differently. when added to another alzheimer's treatment, it may improve overall function and cognition. and may slow the worsening of symptoms for a while. vo: namenda xr doesn't change how the disease progresses. it shouldn't be taken by anyone allergic to memantine, or who's had a bad reaction to namenda xr or its ingredients. before starting treatment, tell their doctor if they have, or ever had, a seizure disorder, difficulty passing urine, liver, kidney or bladder problems, and about medications they're taking. certain medications, changes in diet, or medical conditions may affect the amount of namenda xr in the body and may increase side effects. the most common side effects are headache, diarrhea, and dizziness. all my life, she's been there for me. now i am giving back. ask their doctor about once-daily namenda xr and learn about a free trial offer at namendaxr.com.
8:23 pm
8:24 pm
sphwhp. campaign 2016 segment tonight persistent reports say there is trouble inside the campaign of hillary clinton but is thati÷ true? joining us now from manchester, new hampshire, he had henry is covering the hillary campaign for us. they left you outside, you are outside all the time. pocket hankie is freezing up. >> i couldn't wear it i had a winter coat covering the pocket hankie. pocket hankie. you tonight like it but there are fans. >> big fans. all right. hillary clinton's campaign. is there angst inside this
8:25 pm
campaign? >> big time. after what happened last night and they are trying to spin it, yes, march might be a lot kindler to hillary clinton once we get down south. we'll talk about that. but they have been pointing their fire privately. people sort of in the clinton orbit at joel who was a top pollster for president obama and is now the top strategist for hillary clinton. >> what did joel do wrong? who is joel? do we know joel? >> no. is he not somebody most of our viewers would know but is he a very savvy, behind the scenes guy who got barack obama elected twice. >> how did he screw up with hillary? >> because he is not -- the criticism from some clinton allies is that he is not on message with her. he is not projecting a good message for the campaign. the point is most of our viewers probably don't know who he is or any of the others. >> did they fire joel? did he get the ax. >> politico said the other day he is on thin ice. >> oh, double secret probation. >> look out. have somebody else open up your mail, joel. that was the message that was cents. here's the point. it's not about the
8:26 pm
strategist. it's about the candidate. here in new hampshire beyond the race when you have independents breakingw4-1ñ 70%, 80% to a socialist. you have problems with the candidate. not with the message, not with the strategist. >> okay. now, the black vote now and you saw the memo coming out of clinton campaign that we read last night on our late edition that says hey, we're going to win all the black votes so everybody calm down. that's going to put us in the white house. so what do you say? >> i have got a nugget forqv you. i talked to one of sanders' top strategist who told me they already cut some ads that are going to be come out soon. what do they say? one of them is about bernie sanders being arrested. what's that about? 1963, the university of chicago, young white, jewish bernie sanders was fighting for african-american rights. voting rights, other rights. and was arrested. and i'm told they found at least one or more african-american classmates and friends of bernie sanders who are going to go on camera and give very
8:27 pm
emotional testimony to the fact that there were very few white americans standing with him at the university of chicago and willing to be arrested. does that mean he is a hero that he is a saint? no. we will hear all this out. >> that's a good ad. that could be a good. >> and it could show that he actually did something back then. >> i believe he did. >> rather than what the clinton camp is doing which is rolling out endorsements from african-american leaders. that's important. that's good as well. bernie sanders, i think most americans don't know his personal story. >> right. >> and that ad could be very effective. >> okay. we will wait until it comes out and show it to everybody. finally, with the big trump win, does that change sanders' and clinton's opinions of trump as a potential rival? >> clinton's super pac today immediately came out. what do they do? do they go after bernie sanders? no. they went after donald trump. i think they are trying to change the subject. their hope in the short-term to calm democrats down is to say, look, this is about donald trump starting toó
8:28 pm
soar on the republican soiled and a socialist is not going to beat donald trump or anyone else. that would be the clinton argument. not my argue: and that u. have got to elect hillary clinton because, you know, nominate her because she is more electable than a socialist. look, again, getting back to the -- your first question, it's about the candidate herself. people are not buying it yet. maybe when she goes south, they will start buying it but they are now trying to go after trump because they want to wake up the democratic base and say look, if you. >> trump could probably beat bernie, but they are saying bu4dóñ he can't beat hillary. >> when you are talking about trump and not yourself, that tells you have got problems. >> he had henry, everyone, plenty more head as the factor moves along this evening. the republican reigle from the big win yesterday. miller in california after his trip to the bottom of the planet. we hope you stay tuned to those reports. here's to knowing she loves blueberry pancakes. and where she keeps... the fire extinguisher.
8:29 pm
our valentines diamond heart pendant can be worn four ways. surrounded by godiva chocolates, it's just $129.99. helzberg diamonds here's to love. if you have high blood pressure many cold medicines may raise your blood pressure. that's why there's coricidin® hbp. it relieves cold symptoms without raising blood pressure. so look for powerful cold medicine with a heart. coricidin® hbp.
8:30 pm
8:31 pm
[thunder rumbling] ♪
8:32 pm
[chattering] [snarling] ♪ the nissan rogue. with the power and performance of our intuitive all-whee now get a $199 per month lease on the 2016 nissan rogue. impact segment tonight. exit polling shows young women in new hampshire broke for sanders instead of feminist hillary clinton. but why? here in new york city eboni williams and monica crowley. you are first, why? >> couple of reasons. first, barack obama has successfully mod the whole democratic party to the far left so bernie sanders' brand of socialism is far more accepted among young people across the broad base of democrats. second thing is that the clintons are old news.
8:33 pm
bernie sanders, even at the ripe old age of 74 is new to them. is he like a new card. new to them. also, young women do not like mrs. clinton and they can't relate to her. >> why don't they like mrs. clinton? >> she is not a likeable candidate. she is a terrible reach out politician. >> got to be more than that do you know why they don't like her or going for bernie sanders. >> monica makes good points. in addition last[bév week's tactics of feminist shaming bringing out madeleine albright and gloria steinem, that's feminist shaming totally back fired. >> i don't know who the women really are. >> didn't want to be shamed. >> it was ridiculous. >> a place in hell when you don't vote for a fellow woman. poorly with young women. >> of course it is is that was more of a burlesque side show. when you cast a vote, there is a reason my people vote. some people don't know and they just go in there because their friendsfñ tell
8:34 pm
them to. there is something resonating hillary clinton among younger women and i have to say i don't know what it is. which is why i asked you two to come on and you are not telling me what it is. do you have any -- you have a ph.d. is there any deeper thought. >> i just told you that the party. >> is she too slick? is she -- >> -- most young people are idealistic. they don't know what socialism is. they find it appealing. >> forget about that they are rejecting her. she is a mainstream democrat. >> not just women rejecting her. >> they are also rejecting her message. >> what's her message, eboni. >> i will tell you what it is. she has one. it's her turn. she is putting it under the guise it's our turn. young women don't like it. it feels patronizing and marginalizing. >> i have got to word this very carefully. one of the reasons barack obama won was because
8:35 pm
african-americans voted for him to the tune of 93 or 94%. >> that's right, bill. >> a lot of it, some of it, was because of his skin color. >> some of it was because of maybe his skin color but not because he said oh us down trodden victimhood mentality. he talked about hope aspiration and that resonated. >> that's a good point. obama didn't overtly say vote for me because i'm black. he just said i'm going to give everybody a better deal. hillary is saying vote for me because i'm a. >> i'm a woman and that doesn't wash with young voters who are putting ideology, this is what i'm trying to tell you they are putting ideology, the agenda, attitude of bernie sanders ahead the of the fact that shaq woman and therefore we should vote for her. 80% of millennials is not just women. 80% of these younger voters voted for bernie sanders. it's not a male/female deal. younger women. >> as jesse watters will demonstrate tomorrow night,
8:36 pm
wait until you see this tomorrow night, a lot of these young voters don't know anything. now, i said last night, late, because i'm sure you guys were in your jammies and asleep. >> no. we were on the air. >> hard working women. >> gloria stein am in said the only reason that young women are supporting bernie sap ders is because they want to meet guys. that's what gloria steinem said and i said why would you want to meet a guy that's going to take all your stuff if you like bernie sanders and you go out on a diet with some guy who likes him. >> can't pay. >> take everything from you. that's a nice car, eboni. i like it. i don't have one. >> that was incredibly sex ips comment by gloria stein nam. she tried to back pedal it a little bit. these are first wave feminists that you are talking about. madeleine albright. young irwomen and younger guys they can't relate and it doesn't matter to them. that's what i'm trying to tell you it doesn't matter. >> i think you don't give us
8:37 pm
enough credit as young women. >> eboni you are so far -- the us. wait until you see what watters has come back with. >> independent thinkers and knot about idealogue. >> you can't generalize. i understand that tune in tomorrow for)@ watters. ladies, thank you very much. when we come right back, the d man on the new and his trip to antarctica. miller is next. remember when you said men are superior drivers? yeah. yeah. then how'd i get this... [ voice of dennis ] ...allstate safe driving bonus check? what is that? [ normal voice ] so weird, right? my agent, tom, said... [ voice of dennis ] ...only allstate sends you a bonus check for every six months you're accident-free... [ normal voice ] ...but i'm a woman. maybe it's a misprint. does it look like a misprint? ok. what i was trying... [ voice of dennis ] silence. ♪ ask an allstate agent about the safe driving bonus check.
8:38 pm
are you in good hands? hey liquid wart remover? could! take weeks to treat. ask an allstate agent about the safe driving bonus check. embarrassing wart? dr. scholl's freeze away wipes 'em out fast with as few as one treatment. freeze away! dr. scholl's. the #1 selling freeze brand. and feeling good, sort of.n and real, and 500 calories or less. the clean pairings menu. at panera. food as it should be.
8:39 pm
8:40 pm
first - they limit where you earn bonus cash back.es at you? then - those places change every few months? i think i'll pass... quicksilver from capital one puts nothing in your way. you simply earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, everywhere. you can't dodge the question... what's in your wallet?
8:41 pm
thanks for staying with us, i'm bill o'reilly in the miller time segment at the present time. let's get to the stage of southern california where is he trying to get his hands warm after added a venture. lay a little new hampshire vote on us. what say you? >> well, it was a big night for comb overs, billy. big night for comb overs. i find it funny that the yield of the woodstock generation is is the cranky old get off my grass guy max who rented the farm out for the kids for the concert. i see where bernie went down andik had breakfast with sharpton today. can i tell you they are still sitting at the table
8:42 pm
because nobody knows how to pick up a check between the two of them. i don't want to know sanders. i don't want to meet sanders. as a matter of fact if he wants income redistribution i will give him a few bucks to head the other way if he sees me first. hillary i think is in real trouble. i'm going to start being like you. i'm not telling who i'm voting for. but i can tell you this, not hillary is who i'm voting for. you know something? if joe biden is the cavalry, i guarantee you he will be sitting backwards on the horse when he rides in. can you imagine what they must have on jar jar biden that he hasn't jumped in yet? the clintons must have something on him that is exquisite. class warfare over there don't trust anybody over 50. now they believe don't trust anybody over 50 k. that's what happened. >> what about trump winning so big. did that surprise you?
8:43 pm
>> you with see what trump is on with you, $bsten, you can like him. you can hate him. there is a bunch of people each seeing -- sector. he at least seems door. i can't believe the guy is that unguarded. you must admit after watching robots for years, after watching hillary come out last night some crazy priest outfit and bill is standing there it's just nice to see somebody who doesn't act like politicians act over the years. >> all right. now, miller, the beard, looking like some german intellectual siegmund someis that acquired down in antarctica? >> it's a full shackleton. i figure if i'm going to go down to the antarctic circle. i made it to 66 parallel south. 66, 6' 7 minutes. almost 6' parallel south, you can see the penguins, billy. they all watch the factor. they said to say hi.
8:44 pm
by the way, that thing over my shoulder there is called the b-is a k. this iceberg is 16 nawted particular call miles bethree nautical miles. found 19 issue of a magazine that found joan collins on the cover. different tabloids coming together. iceberg is incredible down there. it's like the voting block on the big cities of america that's how blue it is. i have a picture of a seal. do we have that wild life picture? >> there it is, miller. there is the seal. >> billy, the seal -- i just asked the question. they lay there all day i say who are you voting for? they said sanders. can you see the seal answering me there. the penguins stink to high heaven. i know they arer mali they are all running around. looks like that party that sabrina was watching audrey hepburn in the movie.
8:45 pm
they all have irritable bowel syndrome. they are crazy. look at them. they stink, i stink. >> it's because of all herring they are eating. do you know what i'm talking about there? >> you know. >> hard to take a shower in antarctica, everything freezes up. >> there is no germs down there because of that. billy, it's the most unbelievable thing have you ever seen if you get a chance to go down there. >> maybe do a show down there, miller. you know? is there enough people to do a show? love the beard and we appreciate it asq%lu always, miller. and i would like it remind you. >> great to be back. >> we would like to thank everybody in losm/yñá virginia. v.i.p. tickets for who wants to be president live show sold out now. some good seats remain at the microsoft theater in l.a. on march 1st. eagle bank arena on may 7th. show's a blast. info on bill o'reilly.com. will miller have the beard in may? not sure.
8:46 pm
chaos in the republican establishmen stay smart around the boat ramp. make sure you've got your partner behind to watch. there he is! (boat hits post) klunk ♪ at bass pro shops' spring fishing classic get a bass pro gift card with purchase of select tracker and nitro boats.
8:47 pm
watching tvs get sharper, oh remotes, you've had it tough. bigger, smugger. and you? rubbery buttons. enter the x1 voice remote. now when someone says... show me funny movies. watch discovery. record this. voila. remotes you are back. the x1 voice remote is here. x1 customers get your voice remote by visiting xfinty.com/voiceremote.
8:48 pm
four score and seven years ago, our [train horn blares]th-- ... to the continent... [claps] ... a new nation. announcer: why not celebrate presidents day with a better night's sleep? through presidents day at sleep train get up to four years interest-free financing on tempur-pedic, and save up to $300 on beautyrest and posturepedic, plus same-day delivery, and sleep train's love your mattress guarantee. hurry! this special financing offer ends presidents day at sleep train.
8:49 pm
back of the book segment tonight, some inside the republican party apparatus arezñ=e÷ furious donald trump hs so much momentum right now. and that the other candidates are having trouble gaining traction. in fact, south carolina senator lindsey graham says that choosing between trump and ted cruz is like choosing!ú whether to get shot to death or poisoned. joining us now from austin, texas, karl rove. so, would you -- would it be fair to say that there is great consternation among the republican establishment today? >> well, i would say among mainstream republicans there is consternation. i'm not sure i would say furious. furious -- you could be furious about something over which you have control.
8:50 pm
primaries, you know, they are what they are. you do the best that you can and, for example, in 2000 it, if we had been furious about george w. bushl8 losing the new hampshire primary, we might not have gotten the job done in south carolina to come back. >> okay. but it doesn't look like on paper anyway that there really have a viable contender to donald trump right now. it's kind of scattered among three so-called moderates. ted cruz, who is a doctrine narrow conservative and trump. it doesn't look like anybody gaining enough momentum to challenge mr. trump. or am i wrong? >> yeah. no, i think you are right. i quibble on a couple things. first of all it's very hard to call governor bush of florida a moderate. >> that's the perception among the voters though. >> i'm not going to use the word moderate. i will use the word mainstream. i'm going to say main stream. >> fine. >> he did better among
8:51 pm
conservatives than moderates. john kasich did better among moderates than conservatives. the fundamental point is absolutely right. donald trump had a really good night last night, a very good night. not only did he beat everybody, he got 35%, and more important than that, he had a very good speech the other night. it was very different from before. it wasn't great, but it was significantly different. >> yeah, he was kind to his opposition and showed a little humility. but the issue is what's going to happen in south carolina. we're advancing the story tonight. did you see the commercials that i used up top of the program. the anti-trump commercial. they're vicious and i expect that to continue. >> look, cruz has to go after trump. there's a little known number in
8:52 pm
the results out of new hampshire that ought to give great concern to ted cruz. he very smartly said i'm not going to go out and make a big deal about new hampshire. i'm going to work like the dickens to get the 23% of electorate in new hampshire that are white evangelicals. he came in third, but he lost that demographic to donald trump. if that happens in the primaries on march 1, that's where cruz is counting on having a big win and being in first. but if he's losing white evangelicals in south carolina, he's going to be losing them in the s.e.c. primary states and he's toast. if he can't come out of there -- >> i know that. it's like gingrich, but gingrich didn't win last time thanks to cnn attacking him about the open marriage thing. but at this point, a lot of people are saying, hey, it's
8:53 pm
trump's to lose. if trump doesn't screw up, he's got a pathway. last word. >> i'm not certain i would agree with that. remember, it look until may 14th of 2012 for the final opponent to -- mitt romney to drop out and may 24th for mitt romney to get 50% of the delegates at the republican national convention to become the nominee. that's before we added a lot more states with proportion. this contest is going a long time and if donald trump takes his foot off the gas, that is when he'll get surprised. >> he got people driving for him. he doesn't -- >> he better be driving that particular bus, because those people might take the foot off the gas. the candidate has to call the pace. >> "factor tip of the day," something cam newton said. th
8:54 pm
i take pictures of sunrises, but with my back pain i couldn't sleep and get up in time. then i found aleve pm. aleve pm is the only one to combine a safe sleep aid plus the 12 hour pain relieving strength of aleve. i'm back. aleve pm for a better am.
8:55 pm
esurwhich means fewer costs, which saves money. their customer experience is virtually paperless, which saves paper, which saves money. they have smart online tools, so you only pay for what's right for you, which saves money. they settle claims quickly, which saves time, which saves money. they drive an all-hybrid claims fleet, which saves gas, which saves money. they were born online, and built to save money, which means when they save, you save. that's auto and home insurance for the modern world. esurance. backed by allstate. click or call. "factor tip of the day," how
8:56 pm
cam newton speaks in a moment. but first, only three days left to take advantage of us. if you become a premium member, you get any one of my books free throw of charge, "the newsmakers" are free and a copy of the constitution. obviously this deal is insane and we have to stop it friday. and now the mail. >> and sanders' message too, jerry, but the approach is different.
8:57 pm
>> i appreciate that much, kris. >> all i can say is that i'm sorry you have to be exposed to a teacher like that, brian.
8:58 pm
it's the way of the world these days. >> well, i thank you, reverend. today is ash wednesday. and "killing jesus" is the perfect book to make the lenten season really meaningful. i think you'll all enjoy it if you haven't read it. >> he asked me a couple of times. i finally decided to give it a shot. when i do a program like that, i read some people who have no idea what "the factor" is. >> no. finally today, "the factor" "tip of the day." we've been on a campaign to ban the phrase "at the end of the day." but sad to say, we may be losing this fight.
8:59 pm
>> you know, at the end of the day, when you invest so much time and you sacrifice so much and things don't go as planned, i think emotions take over. but at the end of the day, you know, things have to happen. but at the end of the day. but at the end of the day, we had an unbelievable season. >> now, the problem is word repetition is numbing and blocks creative thinking. saying "cool" every two minutes sends a message that you're a zombie. phrases like "reaching out." "it is what it is," that kind of thing are not good. at the end of the day, we should all think about what we're saying. "factor tip of the day." and that is it for us tonight. please check out the website. also, spout off about "the factor" from anywhere in the world. name a town if you wish to opine. word of the day, do not be
9:00 pm
invidious. tomorrow, "watters world." you've got to see this one. just remember, the spin stops here because we are definitely looking out for you. breaking tonight. a brand new fight in the republican race for the white house as two candidates drop out and senator ted cruz declares it is really all about him and donald trump now. welcome to "the kelly file," everyone. i'm megyn kelly. governor chris christie and businesswoman carly fiorina called it quits, leaving a field of just six major candidates on the gop side. at the top, donald trump. the man today celebrating last night's big win in new hampshire, and senator ted cruz, who claimed the top spot in iowa last week and outperformed expectations in the granite state. and now the focus moves on to south carolina, where

59 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on