Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  May 27, 2016 2:00pm-3:01pm PDT

2:00 pm
exciting event. will stay safe out there. of course at home stay safe and have fun. this is memorial day weekend. there's a reason we get three days off. you saw an incredible interview with j.r. martinez. there's a lot of americans like him. god bless. hello. it's 5:00 in new york city and this is "the five". well this is a fox news alert. breaking news on the presidential race. there's a lot of exciting news brewing about the possibility of an upcoming debate between donald trump and bernie sanders. both said they would love to square off but a short while ago trump put out a statement explaining why the debate will not happen. he said quote it seems inappropriate that i would debate a second place finisher. of course he did. >> of course. wait a second, you're not the winner, i'm the winner, i'm the
2:01 pm
nominee, therefore beat it, bernie. right. he doesn't need to do this at all. only going to pretty much help bernie sanders, i think. trump is an outstanding debater so i think it would be fantastic to actually see. maybe hillary would get some leg up on him. >> i think that would deem her irrelevant if he did. there's so much risk. >> definitely hurt her. this is like -- it's deceptive donald all over again, tricky trump says one thing, does another, you know. he flips faster than the flash making pancakes. >> he was talking about it. the same thing. he's one big flipflop a crock if you will. >> interesting. at one point he said i would do it for $10 million. >> i loved that idea. larry david. they can do it on snl. could be pay-per-view.
2:02 pm
they could have a tweet off. that would being a great. i think they can get on stage together and beat up hillary clinton who wouldn't be there and people can act like they are too high brow to watch and they won't watch but you know everybody on the and plants would watch. it was going to be fantastic. come on, donald. >> i recommend he not do it. open too much of your playbook for what got going forward. >> i never took it seriously. i think bernie sanders is the most annoying man in public life in america today. he's a total -- he's an egotist who is totally self-involved. >> is that greg? >> him too. he can win either. i think that -- let's get it on. you have two well matched opponents, ideological opposites. they are philosophical opposites. political opposites. red versus blue. let's get this thing going.
2:03 pm
bernie sanders can be the president of the national student council. >> and he would be good at it. >> how about trump have the ability to brand his opponents with catchy nicknames and nothing is more fitting than this message. >> but i watched hillary clinton, as i say crooked hillary. she is crooked. crooked hillary clinton. crooked hillary. if crooked hillary clinton is in charge, things will get much worse, believe me. >> now the name fits her now more than ever before after the damaging news about her earn mail. it's highlighting crooked hillary's dwindling trustworthiness. >> the laws and regulations in effect when i was secretary of state allowed me to use my e-mail for work. that's undisputed. >> no evidence she requested or received approval to use her
2:04 pm
personal account for professional business. >> you said it was allowed. >> yes. >> who allowed it. >> it was allowed under the rules of the state department. >> so nobody signed off on it. >> no. >> maybe not so much like that. hillary claims she's not worried the e-mail scandal will hurt her in the general election. nothing to see her folks. >> i said many times it was still a mistake, if i could go back i would do it differently. i under people have concerns about this but i hope voters look at the full picture and a threat posed by a donald trump presidency. this is man who is an unqualified loose canon is within reach of the most important job in the world. it should concern every american. i'm ready for his fantasy campaign and the outrageous things he'll say. >> do you like the rnc ad? >> the ap is reporting this. she had her private e-mail
2:05 pm
server connected to an internet printer. think about that. >> i thought you were going to say a porn site. >> that's like having a post-it of your password on your computer screen. like having a wall safe with a screen door. it is. you only need one debate question to ruin her. hillary would you be fine with every cabinet member having a private server? >> do you like the ad. do you like the fact that the rnc has taken the crooked moniker and apply it to hillary. >> it shows who is in charge. donald trump is now the rnc. no doubt about it. it's so ironic that all we talked about, how the republicans were going to be killing each other in this civil war going forward, it's all on the democrats and not the republicans, unify, coalesce in a brilliant way. i think a couple of things.
2:06 pm
number one, what have you not heard in any of these state department damning statements about her. you have not heard the word fraud. you have not heard any allegation of a national security breach, intelligence breach. so you have no crime. therefore -- but how much longer are we going to go. there's no grand jury. i submit no grand jury. therefore there can be no indictment. she has been diminished by this. no doubt about it. it has served the purpose of the people who are pushing this scandal. she's diminished from 60% when she left office to what is it now -- >> the sanders supporters. we've been doing this story forever. sanders said it's not a story. now sanders supporters pushing the story and dnc saying sanders is not one of us. they are turning to fox news.
2:07 pm
>> let's bring the counselor there's nothing to see >> she acted with reckless disregard with respect to national security because, geraldo disclosure of classified information, 22 documents were classified top secret. unauthorized reden ed retention documents. release of 30,000 emails by somebody in her office. that's a federal document as well. those are just some of those things. this is a pending investigation. they don't notify the target. look at the evidence surrounding it. huma abedin, everybody. >> the crime is she sold favors. e-mail is what. the why is the crime. the reason she wanted to have everything private she was
2:08 pm
selling. frers the state department. you look at what they did. >> that's a very bold accusation. >> putting money in their private bank account by having bill clinton give speeches for things from countries and entities who had business before the state department that they then decided against the american interest. >> business acumen. >> they wanted people to clear customs in abu dhabi -- it's not a secret. it was a favor. they gave half a million dollars. >> hold on. all those things did happen. bill clinton did make speeches. these were arranged through some of the state department emails and later on these deals did come to fruition. >> it was in the "new york times". >> whether or not the fbi can
2:09 pm
tie these things together -- all i can say your main goal has been accomplished, hillary clinton is diminished candidate. >> interesting part of the story she's being diminished by the left. it's no longer talk radio for this. but it's the left coming after her now. you know what's interesting. people say why are you for trump? a lot of it is he's not hillary. does the dnc realize that if they dump hillary they might actually win the white house. so many republicans might choose biden. biden. get him out of pajamas, geraldo. >> i don't remember biden scoring in an election. >> can i throw you one more alternative scenario >> sure. >> this can happen the numbers. hillary if she shuts up she wins the nomination unless, of course the superdelegate.
2:10 pm
if at this point bernie goes ahead and wins california and wins new jersey -- >> bernie will win in new jersey. you live in new jersey. i have property in new jersey. new jersey will vote for bernie sanders. >> forgive me. >> 550 delegates in california. bernie sanders wins and takes california -- congressional district and then -- i guess i'm wrong with everything with geraldo today. >> can i finish? if he wins california -- if he wins california he gets the superdelegates he can get the nomination. that's all i'm saying. >> hillary and debbie wasserman-schultz, release those delegates. >> he's very angry at sanders.
2:11 pm
>> i'm angry at sanders. he's a huge distraction. as if cruz stayed in. cruz could have made the satisfaction that bernie sanders did. he had substantial support. plenty superdelegates. there was no chance for cruz to do that. superdelegates can move. >> bernie -- >> no superdelegates on the republican side. there's 50, 800 of them on the democrat side. >> hillary is hurting in california. she's out campaigning. she dragged one of my cousins to help her. >> your name was getting bandied about. >> did he go? >> at one point bernie is helping donald trump by pulling hillary further to the left. >> he is. >> up next president obama is on his way home from japan after make a historic visit to hiroshima today 71 years after
2:12 pm
he dropped the bomb. our thoughts on that controversial visit when "the five" returns.
2:13 pm
sir, this alien life form is growing at an alarming rate. growing fast, you say? we can't contain it any long... oh!
2:14 pm
you know, that reminds me of how geico's been the fastest-growing auto insurer for over 10 years straight. over ten years? mhm, geico's the company your friends and neighbors trust. and deservedly so. indeed. geico. expect great savings and a whole lot more. to make getting here easy. of flight combinations because the hardest part of any trip, should be leaving. expedia.
2:15 pm
technology connecting you to what matters.
2:16 pm
president obama became the first sitting president to visit hiroshima today. i guess he couldn't fit pearl harbor into his schedule. roll it, carl. >> among those nation like my own who hold nuclear stockpiles we must have the courage to escape the logic of fear. and pursue a world without them. >> nations like my own. it's always, always about us. as to dropping the bomb he said -- >> the scientific revolution that led to the splitting of an
2:17 pm
atom, requires a moral revolution as well. that is why we come to this place. >> the implication the bombing was immoral, unjustified even though it saved millions much americans and japan's lives. we expected him to express the obvious, mass death is bad, we get it. but not connecting the one dot that two bombs prevents ad longer more horrible end is petulant but predictable. a new cbs poll has americans split over the bombing. the disapprovers should consider the hundreds of thousands of purple hearts that were manufactured for our planned 1945 invasion of japan which never took place. why didn't it? the bombs. ironically if we had invade the folks who disapproved it now might not be here to take a survey because their grandparents would have died on
2:18 pm
a beach. it's easy to judge now when this happened so long ago. who hasn't ordered a okkokay kamikaze at a bar. if you can cite military might for islamic phobia where is the japanese version. did the japanese knew to end war it required war. they got it. obama never will. what did you think, kimberly of his speech. he didn't apologize but seemed kind of regretful. >> regretful. to me it feet like an apology. he was remorseful about it, embarrassed about the united states. that, you know, he was president then that would never have happened. he always has the higher emotional i.q., the higher morality and ethics and if we would only listen to him we would become better people
2:19 pm
starting with america first. >> did he basically trash the decision? >> he did. and you highlighted the most disturbing part nations like ours we're the problem. let's fix our problem, let's fix our nuclear arsenal. let's be contrary to presidents since the bomb. >> peace through strength. >> i think this is a personal offense. my uncle was shot down over those islands in the south pacific by japanese fighter pilot. took him down. i think you're right, we saved literally tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of lives without having to attack japan. how long would that war have gone on. >> they smiestimated at a minut 700,000 dead. >> a million casualties. >> my dad was a staff sergeant. by late father-in-law was a
2:20 pm
commander in the united states coast guard in the aleutian islands and designated to be part of the invasion fleet. widely applauded the dropping of the bomb because it did save many american lives. having said that i think you're being way too harsh on the president today. a couple of hundred thousand japanese died. many military strategists that said why was nagasaki necessary. wasn't hiroshima enough to demonstrate we can wipe them off the face of the earth. why did they dump it on the civilian center than military bases. there's a lot of historic questions. we've grown-up in absolute crippling fear of nuclear destruction. my generation particularly. >> no world war sense. >> mutual destruction has taken care of this. >> there's more to this. it's the posture the president presents when he goes abroad. it's about the idea, the notion that he bows all the time, when
2:21 pm
he goes which something heads of state do not do. you know, pointing out that he bowed to the head of saudi arabia, japan, china. this is not the normal protocol. it says is a lot about his opinion of america, of our posture and there is a necessity to exude that strength out there in order to keep order in the world and keep your enemies, you know, afraid. >> i can add one silver lining and there may be a positive thing to come out of it is that the tour went from vietnam to japan. now who was clearly concerned about that part of the world and who says what's going on here, china. so the point is he's shaking hands with japan, shaking hands with vietnam, opening up some trade relations with vietnam. china who has been very active in the south china sea, expanding with military and other forms of potential credible threats. when you have that and china says okay, it's the u.s., vietnam, japan, maybe they do hesitate a little bit. >> absolutely. >> china is a problem.
2:22 pm
japan, vietnam our allies against the chinese imperialism. >> all right. >> we solved that. >> up next breaking news out of san diego where protesters have gathered once again outside a trump rally. we'll take you there when "the five" returns. there's no one road out there. no one surface... no one speed... no one way of driving on each and every road.
2:23 pm
but there is one car that can conquer them all. the mercedes-benz c-class. five driving modes let you customize the steering, shift points, and suspension to fit the mood you're in... and the road you're on. the 2016 c-class. lease the c300 for $359 a month at your local mercedes-benz dealer.
2:24 pm
2:25 pm
...one of many pieces in my i havlife.hma... so when my asthma symptoms kept coming back on my long-term control medicine. i talked to my doctor and found a missing piece in my asthma treatment with breo. once-daily breo prevents asthma symptoms. breo is for adults with asthma not well controlled on a long-term asthma control medicine, like an inhaled corticosteroid. breo won't replace a rescue inhaler for sudden breathing problems. breo opens up airways to help improve breathing for a full 24 hours. breo contains a type of medicine that increases the risk of death from asthma problems and may increase the risk of hospitalization in children and adolescents. breo is not for people whose asthma is well controlled on a long-term asthma control medicine,
2:26 pm
like an inhaled corticosteroid. once your asthma is well controlled, your doctor will decide if you can stop breo and prescribe a different asthma control medicine, like an inhaled corticosteroid. do not take breo more than prescribed. see your doctor if your asthma does not improve or gets worse. ask your doctor if 24-hour breo could be a missing piece for you. see if you're eligible for 12 months free at mybreo.com. this is a fox news alert. donald trump is about to speak at a rally in san diego, california and once again protesters have gathered outside of his event. the san diego police department is estimating 1,000 people have gathered. let's go to fox will carr who is live on the ground with the very latest. will? >> reporter: held jobs guys. best way i can describe this is it's a bit of organized chaos. they wound up here.
2:27 pm
it's a party atmosphere. playing instruments. dancing. you can see a number of signs, many of them have anti-trump sentiments. a number of flags. you see a lot of mexican flags out here. many tell us they are here because they don't support trump immigration stand. they also say they believe that he's a racist, a sexist. what i also want to show you if you pan over here, scott, a number of officers right over here and they are lined all the way up to the convention center. we're told there are hundreds and hundreds of officers both outside and inside here. now everything has been peaceful. the san diego police chief told me as long as everybody stays peaceful they are good with that. if any violence breaks out they will have a zero tolerance policy for any violence. in other cities we've seen some of that violence break out after the rallies get out. this one just started 15 minutes ago. roughly they go for about an hour sore.
2:28 pm
it's after that an estimated 10,000 people inside the convention center. imagine when they start flowing into the streets you could get chaos playing out. we'll keep a close eye on that. san diego police department will. >> geraldo, you're as close now as trump will get to the board on this current tour before the california primary. is this basically a latino crowd or union crowd or both? >> reporter: can you guys repeat that? >> is it a latino crowd, hispanic crowd, is it mexicans largely or union people? >> reporter: it's a mix of both. so you have several different unions includi unions that brought several hundred. a number of people that look like they just walked up off the street. it's a very popular area. right adjacent to the gas lamp park of san diego here in downtown and then you have some people, i wouldn't even say
2:29 pm
necessarily are protesting trump, they are trying to figure out what the heck is going on because obviously they shut down a number of streets in this area and people still just trying to get a sense of what's going on here, guys. >> all right, will. we'll check back in with you for any new developments. >> two very important issues. again the unions hooking up with people, the anti-immigration or anti-trump immigration policy people. for a reason. the unions need new membership and unions realize the only way unions will stief, their membership has been on the decline they need new bodies. this is one source of it. the other observation, what's going on, this is may 27th, and june 7th is california primary and then july 18th through the 21st is cleveland. these crowds are getting bigger and bigger. >> it's going to be the same people organizing these things that have been organizing these things in the past. >> can you imagine cleveland?
2:30 pm
>> i'm not even thinking about cleveland. i want to ask you, geraldo, do you think it's too late for donald to maybe change or kind of like soften his stance on immigration? and these protesters will not change their mind anyway. >> i want to be very clear and donald trump knows i love him and he knows i love his family and i would love to support him for president. >> beautiful family. >> beautiful family. but i can never vote for a person who is in favor of mass deportation or mass exclusion of a racial or religious group. he must come to me and i believe that i'm the swing voter. i'm a registered republican. i want to vote for him. i have a lot of problems with the democrat. i couldn't on principle vote for somebody who will round up undocumented problems who have citizen children -- but he still has time. >> does it make any impact because i just don't see the people that are there right
2:31 pm
there going oh, you know what -- >> i don't think they would believe it. if he came out and changed his position, he says one thing and then says another. >> the easy thing to do is come up with another plan for deportation or document illegals. right? but if he stayed with the wall, we're going to build the wall and this went to the pillar of his initial i'm going to run for president and we're going build a wall are you okay? >> i pause there. i was in el chapo's tunnel. el chapo's tunnel under the maximum security prison. he was 30 feet underground. his tunnel. the board certificate filled with tunnels. a wall is a big waste of money and a huge insult -- >> you would vote for the guy if he stood on the wall -- >> geraldo, there was a scottish golf course to protect against climate change. >> the attitude is the issue not
2:32 pm
the wall. >> you said you couldn't vote for him because of his deportation stance. >> the wall done matter. >> could he have a different plan on what he'll do about illegal immigration. i don't think changing the rhetoric would help because it's one of those things they say you say one thing and do the other thing. >> we have 11 million undocumented people in this country. that is untenable. we need borders to have a sovereign nation. i'll get every one of the criminals out the people who broke the law other than their mere presence. i'll target the bank robbers and rapers and shooters and gang bangers. >> if we close the borders how do you keep. them out. >> i don't know. i don't want to get into the big immigration thing. statistics i've seen is that net immigration of the southern border is basically zero right now. >> because of the economy. >> whatever it is, it's basically zero.
2:33 pm
we have co-existed for generations. >> there are other statistics. >> 80% of the illegal population is coming from the southern bothered. 80%. >> i don't know if that's a fact but it would not surprise me. it would not surprise me. i heard that south asia has now replaced south of the border. >> the plan that you outline was pretty much the republican -- everyone who wasn't donald trump was the republican plan. >> exi'm in. >> he won the nomination bying the guy -- >> you have to be crazy to win the republican nomination. you have to be crazy. you thoofb the right of steve king of iowa. you got to be as extreme as you possibly can. >> he's not extreme. he's been criticized because he's a moderate. >> he's all over. >> that's what makes him attractive. >> no ideology. >> i think you helped him. >> helped trump? >> he should listen to me.
2:34 pm
>> help him get votes. >> geraldo name recognition. >> famous hair, famous mustache. okay. that was nice. a big test for the tsa as millions of americans pour into airports. will the fed be able to handle the holiday crush next.
2:35 pm
we ship everything you atcan imagine.n, and everything we ship has something in common. whether it's expedited overnight... ...or shipped around the globe, ...it's handled by od employees who know that delivering freight... ...means delivering promises. od. helping the world keep promises.
2:36 pm
came out today thousands of people to run the race for retirement. so we asked them...
2:37 pm
are you completely prepared for retirement? okay, mostly prepared? could you save 1% more of your income? it doesn't sound like much, but saving an additional 1% now, could make a big difference over time. i'm going to be even better about saving. you can do it, it helps in the long run. prudential bring your challenges
2:38 pm
♪ the busy summer travel season is under way as tens of millions of americans make their way to their destination for memorial day weekend. the tsa faces a daunting task of getting those screening lines moving so passengers don't miss their flights. the government is focused on that but safety is a priority. >> in the face of increased travel volume we are not going
2:39 pm
to compromise aviation security. we're going to keep passengers moving this weekend. we're also going to keep them safe. that's our principle responsibility, that's the principle responsibility of tsa. >> do you have something to say? >> he has to say the principle prior to is the safety of the passengers. they can't say they will compromise it or speed it up. i was very disappointed because when i was in texas i didn't see any miniature ponies for greg to ride or clowns to entertain anyone. i looked. >> i think what he said absolutely hot air. it's like saying -- >> you're not buying it. >> it's like saying time will tell. of course time will tell. that's what time does. you know why you have these lines? you have these lines the airlines started charging for bags. nobody checks their baggage everybody carries on. i came back from l.a. the women
2:40 pm
next to me had three bags. she comes waddling in. here's what you do. you give them, check your bags free but carry it on you pay. in other words, reverse it. let capitalism solve this problem. you want to carry a bag on you pay ten bucks, 20 bucks. check it it's free. >> that's a hot idea. >> let's listen to what jeh johnson had to say about this idea. >> several senators have called on the airlines to suspend the checked baggage fee. i have asked the airlines to consider it. but there are a number of things the airlines can do and are doing to assist in moving passengers through airports faster. >> so both terrible ideas. >> geraldo is wrong. what you end up doing you increase, i don't know billions of dollars on the the airlines. you check your bag for free that means all those baggage
2:41 pm
handlers -- >> people have x amount of baggage. >> you get up there -- >> they go for the cheaper ones, always. >> you're saying or how about a discounts check your bag. there you go. maybe it's a fee, an additional fee to bring your bag on. can i tell you one more thing. pre-check. how come i can walk through a tsa line pre-check and not have to take my shoes off. how now that? >> you've been interviewed. >> i'm not pre-checked. >> see that's why. i have an idea. 45 minute interview. they know exactly who i am. >> something that happened in response the shoe bomber 20 years ago. it's time we can get past. >> what about the under wear bomber. >> we don't have to take our under wear off. how come every time i get
2:42 pm
stopped. >> tsa. >> people don't do it. >> i don't want other people to do it because i like the fact there's no lines. my travel plans are i go to the gym, the wine store, meat store. that's all i do all weekend. stay home. don't go anywhere. there's alternate parking in the city. alternate holidays. that feel country has memorial day this week, half the country next week. split it. so half the country has to work and the other half has to play. >> you think terrorists aren't smart now figure out how to get a tsa pre-check on their passport? >> it is so detailed, the israelis profile. they flat out profile. they see a muslim kid of bomber age they give him a treatment
2:43 pm
they don't give the old jewish lady in the wheelchair. that's practical, sensical. when you do precheck they fingerprint you, background check you. i'm telling you it's a lot safer knowing who you are than making you take your shoes off. >> the lady with louie vitton bag -- >> she had high heels like this big. she's waddling in here. i had to get up and put the bags in. >> geraldo got away with ten things. let's go break. most husbands hate to be nagged by their wives but they might want to be thankful if they are. next the signs that proves little nagging can be a life saver.
2:44 pm
stay tuned. i am totally blind. i lost my sight in afghanistan. if you're totally blind, you may also be struggling with non-24. calling 844-844-2424. or visit my24info.com. [phone buzzing] [engine revving] [engine revving] [phone buzzing] ♪
2:45 pm
some things are simply impossible to ignore. the strikingly designed lexus nx turbo and hybrid. the suv that dares to go beyond utility. this is the pursuit of perfection.
2:46 pm
2:47 pm
>> will you shut your big mouth and stop yelling my salary. i don't want the neighbors to know how much i'm making. >> $62 a week. $62 a week. >> stop that. i don't want my salary to leak
2:48 pm
out. >> your salary couldn't drip out. >> how much is $62 a week now? from 1960. >> probably $300. >> it's $25,000. >> geraldo what's the segment about. >> married couples like what's her name, ralph cramden and alice, the honeymoon ends when nag begins. nagging may not be a bad thing according to a new study by michigan state university. the study found many husbands who say they are nagged by their wives see positive changes in their diet. like honey don't eat that. >> women did this whole thing like yes, in fact, if i nag you it will be good for your health
2:49 pm
and you'll live longer. maybe. honey you work out more so you don't die soon. depends if you like him. >> do you prefer -- >> i'll fact check you. >> i wouldn't nag my husband. that's not my job. that's why he had a mother for. i have an awesome husband but i would not tell him whatnot to eat or when not to go out. i do care about him. >> here's the biological background to nag. men have 50% more muscle mass so more prone to risk. women carry to children so they are programmed to minimize risk. nagging is like when a prairie dog barks to let the other animals know there's predators. it's a biological imperative to prevent death. nagging is a biological necessity. >> is it that or because the wife is nagging so much that he
2:50 pm
starts to get in shape because he doesn't want to take it any more, wants to be back in the market? >> that's true. beware of the husband who droppings a bunch of weight and gets in shape. . >> don't you think -- >> oh, my gosh. i'm finished. >> oh, my gosh. >> i got to go. >> i think not nagging is very important. >> they want to do what they can. >> i want to come back to sex because -- no.
2:51 pm
i think that you can rationalize the, you know, an asexual relationship. >> what happened? >> sex is a very important part. producers say don't talk about sex any more. >> you say that to a person on a tv show they are going to talk about it. >> he's saying physical connection is important.
2:52 pm
2:53 pm
2:54 pm
with my moderate to severe ulcerative colitis, the possibility of a flare was almost always on my mind. thinking about what to avoid, where to go... and how to deal with my uc. to me, that was normal. until i talked to my doctor. she told me that humira helps people like me get uc under control and keep it under control when certain medications haven't worked well enough. humira can lower your ability to fight infections, including tuberculosis. serious, sometimes fatal infections and cancers, including lymphoma, have happened; as have blood, liver, and nervous system problems, serious allergic reactions, and new or worsening heart failure. before treatment, get tested for tb. tell your doctor if you've been to areas where certain fungal infections are common, and if you've had tb, hepatitis b, are prone to infections, or have flu-like symptoms or sores. don't start humira if you have an infection. raise your expectations. ask your gastroenterologist about humira. with humira, control is possible.
2:55 pm
all right time for one more thing and greg. >> back to sex and marriage -- what's today friday. tomorrow my show is on it's usual time, 10:00 p.m. got a great audience. a lot of fun. there you go. i can talk more about it if you like. i have nothing today. >> nothing >> let's do this. i'm sick of liberals like president obama, the department of justice, every time a cop gets killed there's no word. i'm sick about black lives
2:56 pm
matter who think their lives matter more than blue lives. what we need more people like this respect cops. check this out. people waiting for trump rally in san diego this morning waiting in line opinion listen to them. >> i'm in downtown san diego at the convention center. >> clapping at the officers coming in. >> that's amazing. >> everyone else. more of that less than the blm. >> kimberly you're up. >> i love that. okay. so this is what i wanted to do. i'm glad we got to do it today. this is a 13-year-old boy who is battling leukemia. he told his friends and family he wanted to be a k-9 officer when he grew up. so the highway patrol expedited the matter and made him a member of the team. he's alongside his fellow officers and real life k-9s. it was a special occasion for him. he got a plaque acknowledging
2:57 pm
his position as an honorary k-9 police officer. you see him right there. he's a child but he has the dog. it would be amaze field goal he had a real dog. >> he was there with the other dogs. very special for his family. please join me with greta tonight. we have a great show planned. >> geraldo, you're up. >> this is under the general heading of taking lemons and making lemonade. back in the day when jon stewart had the daily smop i had just gotten out of libya after gadhafi had been thrown out of the office but not yet captured and the country was in chaos. i got involved -- i got caught
2:58 pm
in a crossfire there. jon stewart mocked me by comparing notice my what turned out to be my favorite movie of all time "lawrence of arabia." here it is. >> and he was poet, a star and a mighty warrior. >> most extraordinary man i ever met. >> watch it, watch it. >> i love it. >> show inspired by that, i saw it when i came back that in decided to write a war memoir that i just finished and titling it "geraldo of arabia." i'll publish it at the end of summer. >> you said tora tora to trump?
2:59 pm
>> one of the great movies. >> i don't know if i'll follow that. people on twitter are still enjoying our last segment where everybody flew up in the air. my husband called me and said i'm still up in the air. >> oh, you just nagd him. >> i'll be off in a second. i love you. no, no. remember this lovely lady she's 107 years old. this is when we last saw her. dancing with the obamas. she went to her very first baseball game on thursday night in washington, d.c., nationals park on thursday. 107 years old. look at this. she gets up. they give her the jersey and she does the answer. 107 years old. >> oh, my god. >> twice my age.
3:00 pm
my mom is 96. >> i was not nag my husband. >> that's it for us. tune in every monday but memorial day for a special edition of "the five". have a great holiday everybody. "special report" is up next. sympathy but no apology, president obama walks a political tight rope at hiroshima. this is "special report". good evening. welcome to washington. i'm bret baier. a president who advocate as world without nuclear weapons today went to the site of the first atomic bomb attack in history. president obama was careful not to directly apologize for the american actions that brought an end to world war ii. and while asking the world to, in his words, ponder a terrible force unleashed, the president did not mention how that terrible force may have saved a million american lives possibly lost if a groun

68 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on