Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  September 27, 2016 2:00pm-3:01pm PDT

2:00 pm
in means protection plus unique extras only from an expert allstate agent. it's good to be in, good hands. hello, everyone. i'm eric boyle along with greg gutfeld and kimberly guilfoyle and dana perino and this is "the five." the first debate is in the history books between donald trump and hillary clinton. more than 81 million people tuned in. as predicted, the most watched debate of all time and what is show it was. >> you called it the gold standard of trade deals. you said it's the finest deal you've ever seen and then all of a sudden you were against it. >> well, donald, i know you live in your own reality, but that is
2:01 pm
not the facts. >> and look at her website, you know what, it's no different than this. she's telling us how to fight isis. she says, go to our website. she tells you how to fight isis on her website. i don't think general mcarthur would like that too much. >> at least i have a plan to fight isis. i have a feeling by the end of this evening i'm going to be blamed for everything that has ever happened. >> why not? >> yeah, why not. >> i have much better judgment than she does. there's no question than that. i also have a much better temperament than she does, you know? >> there is a clear winner and a clear loser but this is no normal year and no one in their right minds would call this normal candidates. the d.c. elites hate trump but trump did very well in some online polls which aren't scientific. cnbc has trump winning as does
2:02 pm
time and the hill. cnn, on the other hand, has hillary ahead. we have special analysis. your original first thoughts on what you saw last night. >> i was thinking, wow, 90 minutes, but it went by very quickly. it sped through and i was like, okay, are they going to get to this? i obviously would have loved to have heard and some people at home some more discussion, so much to get to, so many meat and potatoes of the election in terms of the economy and national security and i would have liked to have seen more about e-mails, et cetera. but i think that's -- we'll talk more about that later. but those are opportunities for a candidate to take as well. besides that, i think that hillary looked good. she didn't seem like she was sick. she didn't seem like she was having low energy or low stamina. so i don't know, i think in that sense she came off as one of the first things i thought when i saw the screen and trump looked like he normally does and he was
2:03 pm
strong and seemed comfortable in his own skin. >> juan, brief thoughts? >> well, to me, it was the commander in chief test. can donald look presidential? and i didn't see at all last night, the schmirking and grimacing. >> that's a new word. >> and then it seemed when it came to very essential stuff, like his business pedigree, she managed to get under his skin. so the temperament issue, again, highlighted. so i think it's almost as if you turned off the sound and just watched the screen, at the end, there she is, celebrating with her family, shaking hands, smiling. donald trump, man, he was gone. he's like a guy that just lost a fight and didn't want to see or talk to anybody and later you hear from people on his own side, maybe we don't do a debate again. >> i was in the debate inside listening and it's a different experience being inside. it's like a library.
2:04 pm
you can hear a pin drop from inside. it's different even if you watch in a quiet room, the tv cameras pick up things you don't pick up when you're in the audience. we'll get into that a little more later. i agree with juan. boy, you should turn the volume off and watch the debate a little bit. i'll tell you, trump -- you know in the football games, you watch game film. he should do that. he should watch that back with the volume off. maybe a little bit of a tip right there. we'll talk about who won and lost in a second. dana, your thoughts? >> i would say nbc billed it as the first presidential debate. it was going to be about american prosperity and security and i thought there would be a little bit of a lift but they trod over ground that's been gone over many times and maybe in the other two debates they can go on from that. after all of the hype, would he
2:05 pm
be this way, she be that way, it turns out, both of them came as themselves and that's what you got. i think if the trump campaign felt good about it they probably wouldn't have canceled the victory party. she went to hers. the other thing that she did -- it was interesting, all week long we were saying that expectations were so high but because of the polls tightening so much, in some ways i think the expectations for him rose a little too much. she didn't put him away, by any means. but the other two debates, i think you're going to see whereas last night he was a little too hot, she was a little too cool, she probably stopped her slide with democrats. he didn't lose anybody on his side necessarily but i don't think either of them expanded their base. >> greg? >> you know, when you're -- i'm an uncle so i get invited when nieces and nephews have soccer games and the expectations are very, very low for those games.
2:06 pm
children playing sports, it's long and tedious and nothing good ever happens but you go anyway. that's what this was. it was like watching children play soccer. he had a strong start, i thought, but he faded and i think it was because even in the previous primary debates, he had so many other people there so that he could be strong and then fade back a little bit. in a way, it was like me playing soccer. when you were bad, would you start running around and hide with everybody else so nobody could notice. when it's one-on-one, you can't do that. >> oh, my god. >> so he didn't have the luxury of kind of like kicking back. but he also had this disadvantage where he must defend himself against the personal and the business criticisms because he doesn't have the political background. so you can go after her political record but he has to constantly fend off personal or professional attacks.
2:07 pm
so that's why i think it's harder for him in a sense to deal with slights because they are not about a professional record. they are about this is how you think about women. this is how you think about people in general. >> all right. we each picked a highlight or low light of the debate and we're going in this order. i'll kick it off with the lowlight for me in sitting there, i'm watching this debate and donald trump, they first go through his tax records and lester holt, who said he wasn't -- i believe he said he wasn't going to fact chekt the candidates, fact checked donald trump on his taxes and four separate times after that. that was fine. but i'll tell you, when it came to hillary clinton saying this and he failed to fact check it, it really drove me crazy. watch. >> in new york city, stop and frisk, we had 2,200 murders and stop and frisk brought it down to 500 murders and it was continued on by mayor bloomberg and terminated by our current
2:08 pm
mayor. but it had a tremendous impact on the safety of new york city. tremendous, beyond belief. so when you say it has no impact, it really did. it had a very, very big impact. >> well, it's also fair to say, if we're going to talk about mayors, that under the current mayor, crime has continued to drop, including murders. >> you're wrong. numbers are up. >> no. >> and i remember at that moment, i said, she's wrong and people around me said you can't say that but she is wrong. take a look. here's the number. "wall street journal" comes right from the fbi. 2014, 333. that's when mayor de blasio took off. 2015, last available number, 253. she was clearly wrong. lester holt had a lot of opportunity to fact check donald and did not fact check hillary. >> i don't think that's right, eric. >> it is.
2:09 pm
>> it's a rate that is going down in 2016. >> and it's lower. >> what she said was, under bill de blasio, the murder rate -- the rate of crime is going down, including murder, and that is -- >> i don't think that's right. >> i took it up with a new york police officer last night. >> you got arrested again? >> shoplifting. >> he didn't check her on it and there was some questionable fact checking on the trump side. so k.g., you're next. >> i got one and i wrote about it last night. this is, again, trump versus clinton, and it's about judgment. and he had an opportunity to bring up the thing about 30 years it seemed at least from social media, that seemed to get some pick-up and generate some enthusiasm and buzz with people. so take a listen to this.
2:10 pm
>> we can deploy 500 billion new solar panels and build a new grid. that's a lot of jobs and economic activity. >> hillary, i'd just ask you this. you've been doing this for 30 years. why are you just thinking about these solutions? for 30 years you've been thinking about it and now your just starting to think about solutions. i will bring back jobs. you can't bring back jobs. >> actually, i have thought about this for quite a bit. >> yeah, for 30 years. >> and i have -- well, not quite that long. >> anyway, so that was a comment that you felt that he had some momentum, perhaps even a line that he had rehearsed or thought about and remembered to point out and put in your toolbox.
2:11 pm
>> i'm going to comment on her behalf because selena zito sat with undecided voters in youngstown, ohio, last night and that comment came within the first 20 minutes of the debate which is when people thought he was on a good track and faded from there. now, that's saying, these poll numbers could go up after this. who knows. in pennsylvania, these undecided voters were persuaded by that because bit end of the debate, clinton never said a thing to me that she could relate to me or my family or my community, that the policies she talked about u hurt me or they will ignore me. and so he has the benefit of being the out-party candidate and he took advantage of that at the beginning saying that 30 years. >> i heard you say that last night. >> thank you. >> dana? >> i chose somewhere you might
2:12 pm
never see because it was this moment when clinton talked about the financial crisis. >> let's stop for a second and remember where we were eight years ago. we had the worst financial crisis in the great recession, the worst since the 1930s. that was, in large part, because of tax policies that slashed taxes on the wealthy, failed to invest in the middle class, took their eyes off of wall street and created a perfect storm. in fact, donald was one of the people who rooted for the housing crisis. he said back in 2006, gee, i hope it does collapse because then i can go in and buy some and make some money. well, it did collapse. >> all right. the reason i bring up that moment is it's not right she's incorrect. he missed one especially because there is actually nobody in washington who would say that the financial crisis or housing
2:13 pm
crisis was caused by tax cuts. you might disagree with the tax cuts but that wasn't the reason why. it was mystifying to me why someone with 30 years of experience in washington would have said that because it really is something that either lester holt or donald trump could have come back on. >> i don't think that was the point. the point was, he was rooting for the housing collapse. >> you about in her sentence she said that the tax cuts led to -- >> she said deregulations, tax cuts -- >> she's very good at narrow casting for people who turn out to her debate. bernie sanders believe that the tax cuts caused that. but that's not true. >> he said he was smart not to pay taxes and i was likes, whoa. >> you know, that's taken -- that particulars me off a little bit. it's about doing it wisely.
2:14 pm
>> who wants to pay more taxes than you absolutely have to. >> generally, you end up paying what you way. he's trying to do it wisely. he meant it, like you have an accountant. people have accountant. >> one more sports metaphor. i think trump sees this as a three-day golf tournament and this was the first day, the first 18 holes, but there's another 36 to go. i thought last night, i sense that he's taking a lay of the course and feeling the competition and treating it like a dry run. >> really? >> see how she acts and reacts. >> because there's two more days left in the tournament. >> there's only one first debate, brother. >> yeah. but the last one they will remember. >> we have two more sound bites coming up after the break. we'll get to that after the commercial. we'll be right back.
2:15 pm
i'm jamie foxx for verizon. in the nation's largest independent study by rootmetrics, again, verizon is the number one network. hi, i'm jamie foxx for sprint. and i'm jamie foxx for t-mobile. (both) and we're just as good. really? only verizon was ranked number one nationally in data, reliability, text and call and speed. yeah. and you're gonna fist pump to that? get out of my sight. (announcer vo) unlimited isn't a good deal if it's on a cutrate network. switch now and get our best deal. 20 gigs and four lines for only 160. all on america's best network.
2:16 pm
2:17 pm
2:18 pm
rethink. reimagine. because right here, right now. it's time to take a closer look at botox® cosmetic, the only fda approved treatment for the temporary improvement of both moderate to severe frown lines and crow's feet. see what real results can really look like. so talk to your doctor about botox® cosmetic. and make it part of what you do for you. the effects of botox® cosmetic, may spread hours to weeks after injection, causing serious symptoms. alert your doctor right away, as difficulty swallowing, speaking, breathing, eye problems, or muscle weakness can be a sign of a life-threathening condition. do not take botox® cosmetic if you have a skin infection. side effects may include allergic reactions, injection site pain, eyelid drooping and swelling. tell your doctor about your medical history, muscle or nerve conditions and medications including botulinum toxins, as these may increase the risk of serious side effects. look me... in the eyes... and see what's possible... botox® cosmetic. it's time to take a closer look.
2:19 pm
at last night's debate and our takeaways from it, we've been replaying the moments that stood out to us. juan, you're next and greg will have an opportunity. >> let's go to twitter and see what got the highest reaction from people who were watching the debate last night and it has to do with this comment from donald trump. >> take clean energy. some country is going to be the clean energy superpower of the 21st century. donald thinks that climate change is a hoax, perpetrated by the chinese. i think it's real. >> i did not. i did not say that. i do not say that. >> well, uh-oh. guess what, he had said that and
2:20 pm
he said it in writing. here it is. it says the concept of global warming was created and by the chinese -- >> by and for the chinese. >> by and for the chinese in order to make the u.s. manufacturing noncompetitive. oh, my goodness. well, it looks like he got called out on that one. >> part of the fun of all of this is watching how much you can get away with this, right? because there's questions about fact checking, et cetera. she obviously did that but my second low light, my second choice, was the next thing she said after that when she talked about all of the -- there was going to be a rainbow in every pot based on her energy policy which is a unicorn ride to the moon and not accurate and not something that -- >> the other thing was what was said about miss universe, alisa machado, and this morning came on "fox & friends" and said, you
2:21 pm
know what, she got fat. >> i wonder who's giving him that advice. what's next? >> do you have something? >> oh, yeah. sniffle gate. >> perhaps we'll be talking about that later. so many moneys and hundreds of companies are doing this. our country's in deep trouble. we're the best at it. it's a defective agreement. why hasn't she made the agreements better? is that okay? good. >> this is actually a high-energy breathing exercise, a form of meditation that business men do to keep their thoughts in check. i find it interesting, we're so obsessed with her health and then he has the sniffles and i think the podium smelled so good. >> i think it would be funny if she handed him a tissue. >> i thought his mike wasn't working. >> can i be honest with you?
2:22 pm
i mentioned this this morning. don't go, there's a conspiracy. >> here he goes. when she spoke, it was very loud. when he spoke, he almost couldn't hear him. >> but he still -- >> no. but i can see how it might be disconcerting if you're not being heard at all, maybe you're thinking, is anyone hearing me? who knows. i have no idea. he didn't make that part up. i can tell you that much. >> speaking of technical stuff, i know they have used the split screen before in previous debates but they used it almost -- it was like mystery theater and you know what it is, at times his face is just more interesting than her words. so she'll be talking but it will be you're looking at his face change and it's kind of -- it's
2:23 pm
hypnotic. >> but for the week leading up to it we told everybody to watch the nonverbal. if they hadn't been on -- >> the face cam. >> i would do the opposite. i would do exactly what we're doing right there. no volume. and sit there for 95 or 100 minutes, however long they are on and a group of followers, you can do things like that and you get a positive reaction from that facial stuff. >> you know something else i noticed, it was very drawn out and it was kind of smart because it ran out the clock a little bit and she was taking her time. i'm not going to be rushed. >> you know, what i worry about, eric, he doesn't take any pride in preparing. i think he takes pride in that he does and -- >> to be honest, i think he could have prepared more. at times for me it looked like
2:24 pm
he was done in about a minute, minute and a half. but make it -- you know, i've answered the question and i want to go back to i created this many jobs and that's prep. >> maybe it's stamina. stamina. >> we got the stamina here at the table, i tell you what. is that bad? was that bad? >> it's true. >> i don't think anybody minded. >> all right. trump's well known for his fierce and ferocious counterpunch but greg thinks he let clinton off easy. let's find out why. take notes. that's next.
2:25 pm
2:26 pm
2:27 pm
2:28 pm
big day? ah, the usual. moved some new cars. hauled a bunch of steel. kept the supermarket shelves stocked. made sure everyone got their latest gadgets. what's up for the next shift? ah, nothing much. just keeping the lights on. (laugh) nice. doing the big things that move an economy. see you tomorrow, mac. see you tomorrow, sam. just another day at norfolk southern. so you know when you're watching monday night football and he keeps running the ball on your left for the fourth down
2:29 pm
punt, that was me last night yelling at trump who failed to connect on a golden repeated opportunity. the e-mails. example, when the topic of cybersecurity arose, trump simply agreed with his nemesis and said that it was important when he should have said how can you take advice on cybersecurity from someone who kept a server in her bathroom or when birtherism came up. he could have said, who cares. by the way, did mr. obama use a pseudonysm when e-mailing you? see, every response should lead back to that scandal. instead, the less prepared donald gave her a pass on what exposes her of unworthy of people's trust. she's as trustworthy with our secrets as her husband is with our strippers. but trump, missing a succulent
2:30 pm
opportunity, won't let you root for him. no wonder why she was griming like she was on ecstacy. >> did anybody see that debate last night? oh, yes! >> oh, no. maybe next time, donald. you know, kimberly, he did say that -- here's he is complaining -- i'm sorry. donald trump critical of lester holt for not bringing up the e-mails. >> he didn't ask her about the e-mails at all. he didn't ask her about her scandals. he didn't ask her about the benghazi deal that she destroyed. i mean, there's no question about it. >> why do you think that is? >> he should have questioned her about her foundation.
2:31 pm
why? i don't know. i mean, i didn't think he did a bad job. >> the thing is, if mr. holt didn't bring it up, mr. trump could have, right? he's not shy. >> yes, god helps those who help themselves. >> that's the word. >> god? >> yes. >> okay. glad that worked for you. >> he just had his epiphany. >> we've heard how many times at all of the trump rallies where he smashes it, right? he leaves nothing uncovered. he just goes after her with a focus. i think he was trying to be professional, do the debate in the format he was supposed to, make sure he was not in any way insulting to her and make sure that he came up as presidential. at the same time, you don't want
2:32 pm
to waste those opportunities if you've got a question and five things you've got to make sure that before that night is over, you have hit her hard the way you want to on e-mails and turn it. >> and that comes with experience. when you have 5, 12, 20 people on the stage, you can lay back, figure it out but you have to be able to do it on the fly and do it fast but also, when you have a moderator that questions questions about your birth certificate issue and what was said about mrs. clinton's look and leaves off things like the clinton foundation or benghazi or deplorables and never gets to those, it's a little hard. you spend a lot of time defending and not a lot of time on offense.
2:33 pm
>> if somebody reminds you of something, you will say it and so she's reminded, oh, i can say this. but deplorables, e-mails, clinton foundation, those are fat pitches for him. >> she missed something, he missed something and let me tell you about deplorables. apparently deplorables stuck to him than her so trotting over that ground was not something they should talk about. he missed a big opportunity and it's obamacare. the death spiral has begun across the country. that hits the middle class. she could have brought up trump university and she didn't. so everybody has -- >> you know, she didn't bring it up because he could have brought up the clinton foundation and then what about your charitable giving and cancel it each other out. the race to the bottom. >> at one point she said to him
2:34 pm
in terms of that birther stuff, that this is a man who has practiced racism, right? and she said it twice. i've never seen a white politician on such a major stage say to another politician, you have been practicing racist behavior and going after and then say, well, i got him to produce it. i actually helped the president because i got the president to produce his birth certificate. >> you know, real racism, mrs. clinton, is 1992 crime bill which ended up in -- >> he did say that. >> but he didn't respond to the charge of racism. he never responded to it. in fact, when he was asked about, you know, how you heal racial tensions in society, he said, nothing. i can't do anything about it. >> i have to give him credit, that took serious stones to say bringing up the birther issue helped president obama. that's like a guy running over your dog and going, you know what, just think about how much money you're going to save on
2:35 pm
pet food. >> yes. >> i'm not against running over dogs, by the way. >> what? >> i'm not in favor. >> the heat is on you now. >> uh-oh. >> if you go, you'll miss brit hume. he'll join us for more debate analysis, next.
2:36 pm
if you're 50 or over, what comes to mind when you think about healthcare? understanding your options? or, if you're getting the care you need? at aarpadvantages.com, you can find helpful information about healthcare options. leaving you more time to think about more important things. like not having to think about healthcare at all. surround yourself with healthy advantages at aarpadvantages.com/health.
2:37 pm
2:38 pm
burning, pins-and-needles of beforediabetic nerve pain, these feet played shortstop in high school, learned the horn from my dad and played gigs from new york to miami. but i couldn't bear my diabetic nerve pain any longer. so i talked to my doctor and he prescribed lyrica. nerve damage from diabetes causes diabetic nerve pain. lyrica is fda approved to treat this pain, from moderate to even severe diabetic nerve pain. lyrica may cause serious allergic reactions or suicidal thoughts or actions. tell your doctor right away if you have these, new or worsening depression, or unusual changes in mood or behavior. or swelling, trouble breathing, rash, hives, blisters, muscle pain with fever, tired feeling or blurry vision. common side effects are dizziness, sleepiness,
2:39 pm
weight gain and swelling of hands, legs, and feet. don't drink alcohol while taking lyrica. don't drive or use machinery until you know how lyrica affects you. those who have had a drug or alcohol problem may be more likely to misuse lyrica. now i have less diabetic nerve pain. and these feet would like to keep the beat going. ask your doctor about lyrica. he can present his campaign the way he chooses but the real point is about doing the hardest job in the world and i think people saw last night some very clear differences between us. >> what grade would you give yourself? >> well, i don't like to grade myself but i know i did better than hillary and the polls are showing that. i thought she was very bad in the first half when they were asking normal questions and when they were asking unfair
2:40 pm
questions, she got better. >> clinton and trump both feeling confident about their performances last night. we'd like to hear what brit hume thinks and, guess what, the "on the record" host is here now. >> dana. >> this is not your first rodeo when you're looking at the first presidential debate. >> no. >> how important is the first 48 hours for each of the campaigns. >> what can happen in the first 48 hours is what people thought about the debate, if they watched it, can change as people hear what other people say about it and see certain things replayed over and over again and they thought it wasn't that important so opinion does shift over time. >> and eric was in the room last night and when you're in the room it was different than when he left to see what was on tv and what people picked up on. >> shocking, the difference. >> yes. >> the question i have is, do you have any advice for the candidate taking a victory lap after one debate?
2:41 pm
you saw what greg played in his monologue. they seem to be very confident. should she be this confident? >> you mean mrs. clinton? if there's strong debate performance, there's only one scientific poll and it's taken in the immediate aftermath of the debate are not that reliable anyway. the one done scientifically is that most people thought she won. it builds the morality of your supporters, may help fundraising and if you think you've won, to go out and say you've won. >> can you imagine the method she did? i won and then that laugh, that roaring laugh -- >> barack obama was up six points in the debate in 2012 as well. juan, do you have a question for brit? >> i'm sitting next to you and miss dana perino. i missed it but apparently all
2:42 pm
of the media outlets went after you. >> i was commenting on her demeanor, which is what you comment on. i said trump looked uncomfortable and out of sorts and i've forgotten what else and i said hillary clinton looked composed, smug some of the time and not necessarily attractive. talking about demeanor here. this is what we judge. well, the -- a lot of people on the internet took that as an attack on her looks so they mounted this massive tweet storm attacking what, guess what, my looks. and i'm going to have some of it on the program later. >> and that's not what you were talking about. >> i was talking about demeanor. we're not yet living in a society where a kacandidate's demeanor cannot be criticized. but we may get there. >> when i hear from people who
2:43 pm
were trump supporters they say, trump did fine. i'm like, how can that be? and then you hear clinton supporters and they are ebullent, obviously. but i'm struck by the modern politics. >> the history of the presidential debates have been, we watch them, assess them and weigh it but most people come out of watching a debate with the same sentiment they had about the kacandidates going in. you look for people at the ma margins and there's more than usual at this stage and certainly a debate like last night and the one still to come can make a difference for those people and that's what you're working on. >> a sports metaphor, denver broncos playing the oakland raiders, the oakland raiders win. it's not like all of a sudden the broncos say now i'm a raider fan. you stand by your team.
2:44 pm
>> the election is not about the fans. they are going to vote for who they are going to vote for. the election is about those that are still persuade able. >> kimberly, last question. >> based on all of your years of experience in covering these elections and debates, what do you think the advisers should be telling trump and telling hillary? >> well, i think if i were advising hillary, you did mostly the right things, you didn't get harsh in your presentation and you didn't make the mistakes that sometimes you've made. so remember that the next time out. your preparation helped you, don't fail to do it again. with trump i'd say, mr. trump, you need to be humble enough to recognize you didn't have your best night. and you've got it in you to recover and be sure you do, perhaps prepare a little more, think through lines of attack, think of the opportunities you missed and when they come again,
2:45 pm
don't miss them. there were a number of missed opportunities last night. the other thing is this, you can gripe about moderators. i thought lester holt did a moderate job. >> greg, you actually get the last question. >> well, he -- when talking about hacking, he said most of the hacking is like a 400-pound guy sitting in a basement. is it right to attack the very obese? it's a big voting bloc. >> what he's saying is that some of those people are really good hackers. >> so it's actually a compliment. there you go. they are like athletes on computers. >> you said a big voting base. >> i know. >> big block. >> thank you, brit. good to have you. join him at 7:00 p.m. for most post-debate analysis, "on the record" tonight. final debate analysis. that's next.
2:46 pm
redid you say 97?97! yes. you know, that reminds me of geico's 97% customer satisfaction rating. 97%? helped by geico's fast and friendly claims service. huh... oh yeah, baby. geico's as fast and friendly as it gets. woo! geico. expect great savings and a whole lot more.
2:47 pm
still not sure whether to stay or go on that business trip? ♪ should i stay or should i go? ♪ this fall at choice hotels, the more you go the better! now earn a free night when you stay with us just two times. book direct at choicehotels.com.
2:48 pm
2:49 pm
a few minutes left and a few final thoughts on trump. one of the things you look for is what are the pundits saying and i was very interested to
2:50 pm
hear what republican pundits have to say. bill kristol said he's not sure hillary clinton won but he's sure donald trump lost and choked. dana goldberg from "national review" saying white women not reassured by what trump -- >> maybe i should let eric go first. . >> can i just michael moore saip won. figure that out. >> what about giuliani saying no more debates unless they change the rules? >> how about hugh hewitt. >> what did he say? >> lost. >> i'm a never trumper, too. >> no, he's not. no, he's not. >> didn't trump say i'll never go on your radio show again with hewitt? >> thought so. >> this is a problem, though. we're always labeling people. be rino, right, then all the conservatives that will never vote for trump, they call
2:51 pm
everybody never trumpers. please, leave me out of it. >> the serious issue -- >> up me to help you out here? >> go ahead, you have a good thought. >> go, go. >> the serious point i wondered, after -- we know who's basically undecided here. trump is trying to consolidate that republican base, trying to get republicans who might be a little uncomfortable to come back over. >> uh-huh. >> did he succeed last night? >> i think, you know, it steps but more can be done, of course. i mean, there's always more that needs to be done in a better case, argument to be made until you're actually in the oval, right? >> i mean, that's what winning looks like. what i think, if you're trying to get after, you know, women and independents, i did like when he talked about -- women care about security. talk about national security. talk about how hillary clinton is tethered to barack obama, his failed policies, whether it comes to obamacare, whether it comes to the fact that she will not also utter the words "radical islamic terrorism." talk about that piece and some of the things that's been failed foreign policy that resulted in
2:52 pm
things like benghazi and the arab spring and making america an the international community less safe. i think that's a very strong point and how she's untrustworthy to be commander in chief and hit her hard on the e-mails. >> hillary's target audience, trying to excite the millennials. did she succeed? >> i don't think she excited anybody, frankly. i think the big loser was me. >> why? >> i ate five soft tacos. >> oh, no. dana? >> they want you to tease. >> make your quick point. >> don't you want to say something else besides having tacos? >> i'm tired of hearing myself. >> okay. you brought up hillary clinton and talking to millennials. one of the things i think donald trump can continue to try to do is win that primary over and over again. he's got those people. the 40 million. they are his. day are a lock. he's actually got up to about 90% of republicans who are a come home. that's solid, that's great. >> get them out. >> what she did, she was specific in talking about race and birtherism, talking specifically to
2:53 pm
african-americans. if a million fewer african-americans turn out to vote for her than did for barack obama, she's got a huge problem. >> she's spoke to them. >> for him, i think he could talk more to seniors in particular. she also could go after more white college educated republicans have traditionally done very well with them. she could shave that off for the democrats' future. that's good for them. he's bringing home to republicans conservativetives that used to be the party. >> i don't think attacking women, mrs. universe, was very smart in going after that woman vote. one more thing, up next.
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
2:56 pm
2:57 pm
already. time for one more thing. k.g. up first. >> all right. thank you so much. i'm really excited about this one more thing, symbolizes people who get involved in the country, heroism, a woman jumping in there and saving a young girl. in east hollywood, a girl by the name of adrian young was finishing up work last week, she saw woman trying to abduct an 8-year-old girl in front of the school. jumped into action, grabbed the little girl's arm. freed her from the grasp. she said i went into mother mode at the time. the suspect, this is what i love, later caught charged with attempted kidnapping. this is fantastic. she was honored for her heroism at an event held by los angeles city council members. >> good for her. >> very good. all right, greg, you're up. >> speaking of heroes, greg's
2:58 pm
fantastic amazing heroes of the universe 2016 news. >> oh, wow. >> mike mcmillan. good samaritan. check it out. he finds a skunk with a coke habit. skunk has a real problem. he can't get enough of it. what does mike do? he's a skunk whisperer. he gets over there, he's talking to the skunk, helping the poor guys. he knows he could get sprayed in any moment. at any moment. and then he frees the skunk. what does the skunk do? he runs back off to his den to do more coke. he's got a problem. >> he discuoes have a problem. >> that's a problem. >> dana, you're up. >> i got something everyone's going to love. entrepreneur from chicago, something you're going to love. fly this for six miles. it's called the moto bag. this is a suitcase you can sit on and it goes for several -- five miles. before coming to a stop, okay? usb ports and a battery pack. it takes about an hour to get it all charged up. and this was based on something they have -- they have these
2:59 pm
little things for kids. now it's motorized. >> oh my god. >> this is revolutionary. >> is that a man or woman? >> to be shipped in january 2017. who doesn't want to buy this for christmas? >> a man bun. >> they're going to sell. >> all right. the marlins stadium in miami last night, over the weekend, as you know, their star pitcher jose fernandez killed in a boating zenboat ing accident. i saw him pitch when he shut down my favorite team. i admire him, because he escaped a latin dictator before coming to this country. heartbreaking to know he died so young with so much promise. last night's game, the teammates wore his uniform gathered around the mound, rubbing the dirt with their hands just like fernandez did. it was a tearful tribute. they left their hats on the mound. d. gordon said if you don't believe in god, you better start. that happened today. >> how about this? his first home run ever. >> after that. that was gordon.
3:00 pm
there's no time near pictures. hit his first home run ever in honor of the fallen player. >> he -- >> playing for his little baby girl that's not born yet. >> got to leave it right from there. set your dvrs to never miss "the five." "special report" coming up next. will the first presidential debate, the most watched in u.s. history, significantly change the dynamics in this race? this is "special report." good evening. i'm bret baier. coming to you tonight live from america's election headquarters in new york. the final numbers are not in yet, but last night's presidential debate will have been watched and streamed by more than 90 million americans. the most ever. we'll have complete coverage of the reaction to the debate in just a moment, but first, some of the other stories we're covering tonight. how did the fbi miss the terror threat from the orlando nightclub s

68 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on