Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  November 28, 2016 2:00pm-3:01pm PST

2:00 pm
youth. >> jennifer griffin, thank you very much indeed. that's it for today. neil will be back tomorrow. i have to tell you "the five" is next. we are closely following developments on a terrifying incident in ohio earlier. be a attacker plowed his car into a group of pedestrians at ohio state university in columbus and began stabbing people with a butcher knife before he was shot to death. nine people were hurt. one critically. the dead suspect was identified as a student with permanent legal u.s. status. terrorism has not been ruled out. the fbi has also joined the investigation. more now from live on the scene. >> reporter: you mentioned the suspect has been identified as
2:01 pm
18-year-old abdul artan a first year student at ohio state university. in cases like this, the big question is always why. what is it that would drive a person to stake their car and plow into a car of students and then pull out a butcher knife and begin attacking folks? there is still at this hour no motive for this attack. that's something they're looking into. they are not ruling anything out we are told including the possibility of terrorism. to be clear though, there are no indications at this point that there were any related links to terrorism from abdul artan and he was not on a terrorism watch list. over the next 24 hours, investigators will do a lot of things. the fbi is on the ground assisting. we know they are still at the scene processing the evidence and going through the car that was used. they're going to search through artan's communication devices
2:02 pm
and social media presence and tracking down family and friends of his to get a better idea of who he was and what may have led him to do this. now, we have learned just in the past hour that back in august it appears artan did speak with the ohio state university school newspaper "the lantern" on his first day on campus and he complained about not having anywhere on campus to say his prayers. >> thank you. more to come on today's attack in ohio ahead later in the show. president-elect trump is back in new york today holding meetings as he works to fill more key administration posts. former cia director and retired army general david petraeus was spotted at trump tower earlier. he may now be in contention for secretary of state along with rudy giuliani, senator bob corker and mitt romney. here was the general upon his exit. >> the meeting went very well. was with him for about an hour. he basically walked us around the world. showed a great grasp of a variety of the challenges that
2:03 pm
are out there and some of the opportunities as well. very good conversation. we'll see where it goes from here. we'll see where it goes from here. i have to teach this afternoon. that's all i can do today. >> corker and romney both have meetings tomorrow with the president-elect. some trump loyalists are still publicly voicing concerns about romney being in contention for this prominent position. >> i think that there was never a trump movement and then there was governor mitt romney. went out of his way to hurt donald trump. we don't know who mitt romney voted for. i don't think a cost for admission of party unity has to be the secretary of state position. >> i think there isn't anything that mitt romney can say that doesn't sound phony and pathetic. speaking for most of the trump supporters, while we will proper president-elect trump in whatever he does, we would be enormously disappointed if he brought mitt romney in any position of authority.
2:04 pm
>> reince priebus is trying to dismiss reports that there's open warfare within team trump over romney. >> it isn't a matter of warfare. there's a lot of opinions about this. it is a team of rivals concept if he were to go toward the governor romney concept. i can assure the american people the fact that he's actually even flirting with the idea of choosing a rival should tell the american people where he's at, which is the best place for everyone in this country. >> reince earning his pennies yesterday. what do you make of all this? >> it comes down to flirting, doesn't it? you heard it from reince right there. this is a little bit of flirting with a rival. is it or is it not? now you see new development with more people moving into the mix. you saw petraeus going in. now corker's name. so they're adding more to it. it's not going to be a choice directly between rudy giuliani, trump loyalist who proved himself over and over again to be worthy of the position and definitely wants it. would do a great job and then
2:05 pm
mitt romney highly capable individual who definitely was not supportive of the president-elect. let's see. maybe they'll make one of these other surprise picks. >> one person you haven't heard from is mitt romney. he's been pretty quiet through all of this sort of sitting there waiting and then actually going back for a second interview tomorrow. >> second interview. >> i guess it's -- maybe it's just a meeting. >> was that breaking news? >> great news that general petraeus came to visit today. and now you have three -- you have rudy, romney, petraeus. corker. hopefully he keeps going. it's probably the most important appointment he's going to make. you have defense. you have treasury. i think secretary of state going forward is an extremely important pick. i hope he -- president-elect trump continues to interview people and to talk to people and maybe some we haven't even heard yet. if you watch enough cable news on other networks, there's this
2:06 pm
massive problem going on within the trump organization transition team and it's not really the case. yes, there are loyalists on both sides and it's playing out in the media. he's smart -- i believe donald trump is smart in doing what he's doing. take your time with the decision. announce other appointments before you get to secretary of state. >> what do you think, juan? this is a little bit different. we can expect it to be different. >> i don't think donald trump was prepared for all of this. of course his transition team was trying to get it together. so now you have a situation where i find this so intriguing. this is really shooting inside the tent going on with the romney nomination and largely over the issue of loyalty. donald trump famously said that he thinks that mitt romney looks the part. i don't know. maybe that's a qualification. when you look at some leading conservative publications, they are saying that they have concern that in fact loyalty should not trump experience. clearly when you look at experience, you would have to
2:07 pm
look at someone like general petraeus who was visiting today. you would have to think someone like bob corker whose experience as head of the foreign relations committee in the senate is substantial. he's well respected. the question is, you know, you have to have someone who donald trump can trust, dana. someone who donald trump feels comfortable with. he'll have to bring him information at times that's going to be, like, no, donald, russia is not our friend and vladimir putin is not a hero to the american people. and donald trump is going to have to have sufficient faith in that person to listen to them at that critical moment. >> what about you? you have notes here. >> everybody says, look, you have notes. is there something wrong with being prepared? >> those are the same notes from when we started the show. >> it's all just prop. petraeus is a good thing. sober adult in a sea of feeling. he was the guy behind the surge. for any tried and true military mind, the surge is the way wars
2:08 pm
should be. it makes no sense that you don't have a continuous surge. that's why he was so successful and why it's good he's one of the people there. it's good news. if you look at everybody there, there's not a bad egg in the bunch. it does feel like you're watching casting of a movie, which is not as exciting as the movie itself. you get the sense that compared to the last eight years, we are replacing the teletubbies with the a team. adults are coming in. i do have a concern. but what becomes of fox news? i'm looking at the roster so far. you have ben carson, bolton, crowley, huckabee, scott brown. these are all fnc mainstays. will they replace the supreme court with outnumbered? does that make clarence thomas one lucky guy? i'm worried. we're not going to have anybody here anymore. >> you'll still be here. >> you know that. i'll host every show.
2:09 pm
>> every hour. >> you know what's interesting about the petraeus possibility that while not -- obviously not vocal like romney was but he did serve in the obama administration and loyally i would say. the other thing to greg's point, people don't necessarily remember that when the surge in iraq was conceived, that was general petraeus' idea. it wasn't just military. there was a huge diplomatic component to it and a surge in diplomatic relations through the state department and other deptsz within the administration. so maybe that is an interesting pick. you have them all coming into one person. >> you know him well. he's that close with macfarland as well. he's really respected by all sides. not just both sides. all sides. if you have people talk about
2:10 pm
his level of experience and credibility, he's someone that knows how to put ideology aside and work directly for whoever the commander in chief is. you see someone there on the screen that was working for president obama and could have worked for hillary clinton if she became president and certainly work for donald trump who is the next president. there are a number of positions that he would be well suited for and he certainly has the international experience. >> the issue is confirmation. i think giuliani would have a terrible time with confirmation hearings because of his momney coming from lots of sources including foreign capital. it would be tough for rudy giuliani to get concerned and petraeus faces concerns over the fact that he leaked information. republicans were holding hillary's feet to the fire on this issue. >> it goes to committee first
2:11 pm
and then to full confirmation first. >> it would have to come out of committee. right from the start there would be controversy. i'm not sure that is helpful to a president trying to get his team together. >> i would be more worried about democrats seeking revenge because of the hillary scandal. he's got his own private server problem. that was a biographer. that's going to be an issue. >> so to come out of committee, you only have -- republicans have a one-vote advantage in committee before it goes to the full senate. if there is a rand paul who said he would push back against some of the secretaries of states that have been floated, that's something to consider. it becomes an interesting dance on who you're entertaining and who you're dancing with going into these appointments. >> the left is the one that took out the big ad in the hearings in 2007. >> by the way, there's someone
2:12 pm
who is a total surprise who is the congresswoman from hawaii and a democratic. i hadn't heard that. new information here. next, hillary clinton's team participating in a recount effort, believe it or not, now under way in wisconsin despite the secretary's declaration a week ago that we must accept the results of the election. we'll bring you up to speed on that drama when "the five" returns. before i had the shooting, burning, pins-and-needles of diabetic nerve pain, these feet played shortstop in high school, learned the horn from my dad and played gigs from new york to miami. but i couldn't bear my diabetic nerve pain any longer. so i talked to my doctor and he prescribed lyrica. nerve damage from diabetes causes diabetic nerve pain. lyrica is fda approved to treat this pain, from moderate to even severe diabetic nerve pain. lyrica may cause serious allergic reactions or suicidal thoughts or actions. tell your doctor right away if you have these, new or worsening depression, or unusual changes in mood or behavior.
2:13 pm
or swelling, trouble breathing, rash, hives, blisters, muscle pain with fever, tired feeling or blurry vision. common side effects are dizziness, sleepiness, weight gain and swelling of hands, legs, and feet. don't drink alcohol while taking lyrica. don't drive or use machinery until you know how lyrica affects you. those who have had a drug or alcohol problem may be more likely to misuse lyrica. now i have less diabetic nerve pain. and these feet would like to keep the beat going. ask your doctor about lyrica. (vo) black friday may be over, but the best cyber monday deals are at verizon. because a deal is only as good as the network it's on. verizon gives you the best network and a lot more. get our best smartphones for free. like the iphone 7. the samsung galaxy s7. the pixel, phone by google and the motoz droid. all absolutely free. plus, you'll get an $800 visa prepaid card when you switch 4 lines. the best cyber monday deals are at verizon. shop online all day. hurry, and get it all at vzw.com.
2:14 pm
2:15 pm
2:16 pm
donald trump soundly defeated hillary clinton on november 8th. she conceded and called on her supporters to accept that fact. >> we must accept this result and then look to the future. donald trump is going to be our president. we owe him an open mind and the chance to lead. >> hypocrisy alert. now the secretary is going back on her own words taking part in an effort to challenge the results starting in wisconsin. the recount initiated by green party nominee jill stein. stein is asking for a recount in pennsylvania and wants one in michigan as well. the clinton campaign is participating in the wisconsin recount even though the secretary said this last month.
2:17 pm
>> we've had free and fair elections. we've accepted the outcomes when we may not have liked them, and that is what must be expected of anyone standing on a debate stage during a general election. president-elect donald trump calls the recount effort sad and a green party scam. his team pushing back hard over the weekend. >> it is a total and complete hypocritical joke that the group of people that thought that they were nervous about president-elect trump not conceding are the people that are conducting recounts in states where we won by over 68,000 votes. >> they have to decide whether they're going to interfere with him finishing his business and interfere with a peaceful transition or a bunch of cry babies and sore losers about an election they can't change. >> the fact is she lost. >> the words were "we must
2:18 pm
accept the results" on october 19th. >> remember when that first happened the headlines the next morning were my gosh, this spelled doom for trump. worst thing he could have said. yet you look at wisconsin, hillary clinton didn't even campaign there. they didn't even bother to go there and now they want a recount there? the other thing about jill stein if you were so concerned about hillary clinton winning the election, why did you run and pull votes away from her especially in florida. why would you have done that? this is hillary clinton's campaign saying they would argue that they're not actively participating but by sending the lawyer to wisconsin to oversee on her behalf, then, yes, that is participating. what it is trying to do is change the story line so it wasn't that her campaign did not meet the -- did not rise above the bar. i should say her campaign was a total failure. now -- i'm trying to be nice. now what they're trying to do is say, look, actually there's this
2:19 pm
possibility of widespread fraud so they could say those states in the oby tituary even though there's no evidence of widespread irregularity. i really wonder who is funding this. if it's jill stein, who is backing her to make this happen? >> one more thing. i'll go through the odds of this actually working for hillary clinton at the end of the show. stick around for that one. >> let me give you the new math. fat chance. >> slim to none. democrats look so desperate doing this. where is -- they don't think they're going to flip the election. what is this all about? >> this is a con job and just an attempt to try to create more division in this country and try to change the narrative and to
2:20 pm
affect the whole impact of donald trump and winning this election and the movement that put him forward into the oval. that's what this is about. so she's being a big cry baby now. she had no chance. this isn't even anything about her. she's trying to look like she's a champion of the people. it's big donor money behind it. only after big donors put the money forward, then did she get some smaller donations to be able to put it -- it's almost embarrassing to be quite honest with you especially with hillary joining in when she said trump is going to do this and now look at who's doing it. >> talk about a lack of gracefulness in a loss. she literally said we owe it to donald trump. he's our president. here we are a couple weeks later saying let's rethink this. >> a one-sided conversation. i believe over the weekend it was donald j. trump, president-elect, who said there were millions of fraudulent votes cast in this election. did someone not mention that
2:21 pm
here on the show? donald trump thinks something terrible happened then what's the problem with a recount? >> i'm all for the recount. it's a joke. your thoughts on democrats? >> remember colorado primary? does anybody remember that? trump made the word rigged the word of 2016. he said everything was rigged. so he kind of opened the door for this. i don't care about that. what i care about is who is behind the recount? jill stein. she called castro the civil of struggle for justice in shadow of empire so what right does she have to discuss a voting discrepancy as she praises a country whose leader didn't hold an election. she's an ass. >> in response to what dana said
2:22 pm
about hillary. hillary is going to go down in the obituary as having lost the election which was hers to win. here's my point to all of you. i think there's a legitimate question about russia, which hacked in to the dnc. >> conspiracy theory. >> and into registration data in several states. this is what the intelligence community -- >> there's no evidence to support that. anywhere. >> the reason why -- the reason why there's no evidence is because we don't have voter i.d. this is the thing that drives me crazy. we have people screaming about voter fraud, but they don't want to have voter i.d. that would help. >> did you say dude? i'm sure they don't say that on "special report." >> when donald trump is confirmed the winner, even by wider margins in some states, how foolish are the democrats
2:23 pm
going to look? how ridiculous are they going to look? >> if democrats were initiating, okay. you could say democrats are take advantage of the situation. the fact is hillary clinton has won by more than 2 million votes at the moment in the popular vote and donald trump, the president-elect, is saying there was fraud. >> he won the electoral college fair and square. it will be fun to watch him freak out. >> i feel like he didn't need to say that it was a bunch of illegal voting. it opened the door to say i'm glad you agree. >> winning the super bowl and then saying wait a second, i want a recount because the referees were space aliens. >> accept it. they're complaining they want a recount. this is really actually brilliant on the trump team. >> i'm surprised you would say that. >> crazy. evil communist dictator fidel castro is finally dead. trump wins, castro dies. the man who drove his country into the ground. the world should never forget.
2:24 pm
but some leaders in our mainstream media are choosing to rewrite history. that's ahead. i thought i married an italian. my lineage was the vecchios and zuccolis. through ancestry, through dna i found out that i was only 16% italian. he was 34% eastern european. so i went onto ancestry, soon learned that one of our ancestors we thought was italian was eastern european. this is my ancestor who i didn't know about. he looks a little bit like me, yes. ancestry has many paths to discovering your story. get started for free at ancestry.com
2:25 pm
2:26 pm
2:27 pm
with toothpaste or plain water.an their dentures and even though their dentures look clean, in reality they're not. if a denture were to be put under a microscope, we can see all the bacteria that still exists on the denture, and that bacteria multiplies very rapidly. that's why dentists recommend cleaning with polident everyday. polident's unique micro clean formula works in just 3 minutes, killing 99.99% of odor causing bacteria.
2:28 pm
for a cleaner, fresher, brighter denture every day. finally we can say something nice about fidel castro. he's dead. all right. i hear they cremated him because they don't want to give cemetery maggots food poisoning. the best part is leftists looking for language to describe this murderous scum bucket. he slaughtered tons of people but he was larger than life. sorry, jackasses. you offend those who died fleeing this misery mountain that he carved out of an island paradise. cuba is so bad their citizens would take gitmo over havana and
2:29 pm
those celebrities that went to cuba for a thrill while they enjoyed a cigar and prostitute knowing they shared similar life spans. if you destroy the system, you're allowed leeway by pop stars to kill at will. colin kaepernick wears this murderer on his chest. for him it's the key to the radical kingdom paid for by a mountain of skeletons. the shirt cost more than a cuban makes in a month. i would call him trash but at least you can recycle litter. you can't judge a country by its horrible leader. take justin trudeau who praised castro's tremendous dedication and love for the cuban people. what a turd. he symbolizing the left's moral bankruptcy. sure castro killed thousands but it was for the greater good. trudeau is so stupid he could probably quarterback the 49ers.
2:30 pm
>> let's go through the list of -- this is for justin trudeau if he's watching because i know he has nothing better to do. fidel fidel built concentration camps. tormented and tortured gays. encouraged torture where possible. he confiscated private property islands everywhere for himself. he banned christmas. bill o'reilly. >> it's like montreal. >> 20% of the population fled in rickety boats. a lot of people died. we remember that. their lives were destroyed. and you have people in america saying that he is larger than life. what morons. >> i think this moronic thing has been going on for some time. in my lifetime, you had people like earnest hemmingway who was a big fan. to this day bob dylan.
2:31 pm
>> i think bob dylan changed his mind. >> i'm just telling you. you had people like the famous latin american writer and you saw this kind of -- to my mind, mindless flattery of castro. hugo chaves and leaders in latin america. i can tell you from personal experience, it has led to more repression, lack of economic opportunity. the reason they all make him into this romantic hero is they were resisting the giant usa and all of its economic clout in latin america and then once they did that, they then became the greater oppressors in my view. >> we're the bullies. that justifies massacres. >> everything you said is absolutely true. let me deal with the economic part of it. fidel castro took a vibrant farm
2:32 pm
economy and turned it into a -- they had to rely on russia for their grains and rely on venezuela, chavez, for their oil. doctors are in shortage. hospitals lack sheets and aspir aspirin. the average monthly salary income in cuba is $20 but fidel castro family has a net worth of almost $1 billion. that said, you want to talk about moral bankruptcy, president obama's quote was "history will record and george the enormous impact of the singular figure on the people and world around him." really? everything greg said about the death and destruction and false imprisonments and destroying a vibrant economy is true and this is what the leader of the free world comes up with? history will judge? no. he's a thug. he killed people. he's bad. >> so there are some people who view him as greg was saying in this revolutionary heroic
2:33 pm
t-shirt terms. >> but our president shouldn't think like that. >> the president should be respectful of the people of cuba and the people of cuba some see him as the great father figure. >> the people that are still alive? >> for me, i always think marion barry would say this guy is terrible but a lot of good summer jobs. even donald trump was trying to do business in cuba and get away from the embargo. it's not like there's one set of people that thought castro and cuba were okay. there are lots of people who wanted to take advantage of this opportunity no matter how despicable i thought castro might be. >> you know what i love? whenever you bring up horrible crappy crap this guy did, they go but they have great health care. only had great health care for rich tourists who came there? >> he wouldn't let a cuban doctor touch him. he brought doctors in from spain because he didn't trust his own people because that goes to tell
2:34 pm
you how many times people tried to assassinate him for the horrors and atrocities that he committed. this is somebody that championed himself on the backs of people and destroyed whole families and took away life times of what people achieved. they were ruined to nothing and had to flee the country in boats to be able to come to this country to save themselves to make a dollar. you see people glorifying it like beyonce and jay-z and everybody having this big man crush on castro. for what? i'm looking forward to seeing what the trump administration is going to do as it relates to cuba. >> i think colin kaepernick should get on a rickety boat and see if he can make it with no offensive line. >> that's true. all on his own. >> hope he doesn't get sacked. >> it's weird when the left is blind to the suffering of others. you have to wonder why. a lot of people that suffered never got to tell their story.
2:35 pm
nine-day moratorium on basically you have to mourn for nine days. it's mandatory which is to say and make sure no one is in the street celebrating because raul castro is no different. i think that's something that the next administration will have to look at. if you want a personal account about what this meant to a family, a fox news contributor that i work with at the white house has an op-ed on foxnews.com reading. her father was put in prison by castro and taught me a lot too. >> a very revealing story. >> i'm glad he's dead. we had to wait a long time though. trump is putting pressure on cuba's government following the death of castro threatening to cancel president obama's deal with the communist nation unless multiple conditions are met. you'll hear what they are next.
2:36 pm
2:37 pm
thope to see you again soon.. whoa, whoa, i got this. just gotta get the check. almost there. i can't reach it. if you have alligator arms, you avoid picking up the check. what? it's what you do. i got this. thanks, dennis! if you want to save fifteen percent or more on car insurance, you switch to geico. growwwlph. it's what you do. oh that is good crispy duck.
2:38 pm
2:39 pm
2:40 pm
in 2014, president obama restored diplomatic relations with cuba after more than 50 years of embargoes and severed ties. the deal, however, may not remain in place when president-elect trump takes office. he tweeted this morning, "if cuba is unwilling to make a better deal for the cuban people, the cuban american people and the u.s. as a whole, i will terminate the deal." he's saying you're fired. >> i believe him. i love the idea of doing a deal with cuba. i'm on record of saying that. president obama and john kerry never addressed some of the suffering that cuban people were having. they were in a rush to get this behind him on his legacy items and never negotiated a deal where if you earn u.s. dollars in cuba, let's say an american company opens up a hotel and you hire cubans and pay them in u.s. dollars, right now the cuban government takes the dollars and turns it into pesos and they control the currency. they never negotiated that deal
2:41 pm
to let the economy free. i love this idea. trump will do that in iran as well. i think capitalism now that fidel castro is gone and raul castro will be gone in a year or two, capitalism will make its way through the cuban economy and they will prosper from it eventually especially under trump fixing -- let the currency float there. >> what do you make of it? >> to me trump wants to do business. that's what he was doing back in -- he was looking to do business in cuba. there's a tremendous opportunity. that's why you see the telephone companies. a lot of pharmaceutical companies. people going down and looking around to see what's possible. that was the basis of president obama's action. president obama said, look, we've had an embargo. we've had suctions for the last 50 years. it didn't change anything. it didn't improve conditions for the cuban people. my objection to castro and why i wrote about it is that he's an
2:42 pm
oppressive guy. he's a dictator. he was not beneficial to the life of the people of cuba in my opinion. >> so, greg, what do you think should be done here? >> you know to address suffering, you must remember it. when i went to berlin four years ago, the greatest thing i went to was the east german museum. any young person that's 16, 17, could go in there and see what it's like before the unification when it was this oppressive communist hell hole. that's what they have to do here. they have to make sure history is intact by having a museum that shows all of cuba in its misery so you don't have this stupid asinine worship. if you have to eradicate that and have a museum there that shows exact ll lly how horrible was. and you have to get the cop killer back here. the reason cuba holds onto her, it's to cultivate the
2:43 pm
relationship with the african-american community. she killed a cop. no african-american community thinks it's great that you're harboring this criminal because she was part of a black liberation theology. whatever. >> it's anti-american. >> bring her back if it takes
2:44 pm
2:45 pm
2:46 pm
2:47 pm
2:48 pm
2:49 pm
2:50 pm
2:51 pm
2:52 pm
2:53 pm
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
2:56 pm
2:57 pm
2:58 pm
2:59 pm
3:00 pm

44 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on