Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  December 12, 2016 2:00pm-3:01pm PST

2:00 pm
one last peek at the dow here. record territory. you know the drill here. everyone seems to be waiting for 20,000. it wouldn't take that much of a leap. take my word for it. we are little more than 200 points away. so man oh man, i hope, santa, you're watching. after this. hi, i'm greg, ebony, eric and a walnut is bicycle walnut is dana perino. the five. you got the hand it to the russians. so russian. according to the cia, that big lovable bear of a country tampered with the elections to help mr. trump win. the's no evidence of coordination. without that, this is just suspicion. there may be proof they tried to do it but none that they succeeded. but let's be honest. how would we react if the situation were reversed and hillary won thanks the putin?
2:01 pm
it will be all-out war. trump would be screaming and the media would dismiss it. it's the nature of team sports politics. and we know that's wrong. but maybe we don't care that it's wrong because our side won. trump. who cares, right? here's why you should. what else might the russians have that they didn't release? they hacked to get trump in. what did they hack to control him? maybe it's not about control but chaos. if russia is shown to tamp we are the election, you get dmon strigss and riots and perhaps bloodshed. russians do this stuff in their sleep. look, it's fine to side with the bad guy to beat another bad guy. we sided with russia to beat hitler and might help dealing with isis, as well. do you side with a bad guy to beat an american candidate? how truly ironic is that? to make america great again we outsourced.
2:02 pm
so, dana, welcome back to the show. >> thank you. >> seems like months you have been gone. >> did you miss me? >> what is your name again? >> no. >> is it possible to look at the from a bipartisan perspective? or, is team sport politics make it okay because trump won? we are glad that hillary isn't in there. maybe russia did us a favor. are we -- i mean, can we not look at it that way? >> i think the professionals in government do that. there's consternation thinking that mcconnell put up a roadblock. he said he's for an investigation in transparency. we're a month from the election and i think democrats refuse to believe what happened. >> yeah. >> and i understand that they're smarting from the popular point being 2.8 million but the electoral college was decisive and now this electoral college briefing about the intelligence hacking and no way that the
2:03 pm
electoral college goes against the wishes of their voters. i'm for the professionals to get the briefing. it might be something to say that russia interfered in the campaign in terms of propaganda or news but there's no evidence as far as i know about hacking into any voting booth or any state system so i think that's a little bit farfetched. and i do think that if the democrats looking for a scapegoat, they have to look at themselves. a big thing is blue wall in wisconsin. asked for a recount in a state hillary clinton never campaigned once. there's a lot of reasons that the democrats lost. i don't think russia was it. >> yeah. eric, do you think it's sour grapes? do you think we should look into this? >> you should always look into whether the russians are hacking us on any level but where a tes logic behind the russians hacked the rnc trying to help trump. i don't get the logic there. the rnc said they weren't hacked. the fbi said the rnc was not
2:04 pm
hacked. the cia has a different opinion and the fbi had the opinion. the rnc wasn't hacked and seems like sour grapes. first the recounts. not going to work. try russian hacking. that's not going to work. they only think about it. there's no evidence to suggest, this is just as dana pointed out. any kind of evidence of voter fraud or manipulation or polls
2:05 pm
and people casting votes not counted. nothing whatsoever. if you have bad cyber security, bad luck for you. do something else. this election turned against hillary clinton because she was a terrible candidate with many examples of misdeeds against the american people. including her own deleting of e meals, lying about it on the record. and that's why she was rejected by the american people. >> uninstance the russians didn't mess with the polls. ebony -- >> well done. >> i'll shoot myself later. >> yeah. i'm not interested in revisiting the election. like not at all but i am interested in figures out exactly and getting the bottom of what's happening around the russian hacking possibility even. let's talk about what we know. we know that this is very possible. the cia telling us something different as eric points out than the fbi and we have to flush that out and very, very dangerous when we start ignoring
2:06 pm
what could be critical facts because it doesn't fit neatly into a pro-trump narrative and not someone that's pro hillary clinton and didn't vote for hillary clinton but concerned with the welfare of america and something you said in the intro around is this working because it's an enemy of our enemy? i got back from israel and something a general there fighting terrorism every day, we must remember the enemy of our enemy is not our friend. it's actually still our enemy and that's very important. >> what are you talking about if it doesn't fit the pro trump narrative to ignore it? >> people are attaching it, eric, to let's not pay attention to allegation because trump won and that's what's important and we need to separate the facts and the conclusions. so again, i'm not interested about the conclusion of twisting the election and thus we need to revisit the election results. i'm ready to accept completely trump as our president and separate that part, that conclusionary part, from the
2:07 pm
hacking itself. >> the rnc and fbi agree that they don't believe the rnc was hacked. >> dnc was hacked. that's important, too, i think. >> of course. of course it is important. if that, in fact, is the case. >> the capability, right? >> there's another option here. it's not a hack. it's a leak. no one has locked down the fact it's a hack and not someone disgruntled at the dnc. >> i agree. it's important to get facts around it. fact gathering. >> facts are too complicated. do you want to hear from donald trump on this? >> sure. >> let's go. >> i think it's another excuse. i don't believe it. i don't know why and i think it's just -- you know, they talked about all sorts of things, every week it's another excuse. we had a massive landslide victory as you know in the electoral college. i think the democrats are
2:08 pm
putting it out because they suffered one of the greatest defeats in the history of politics in the country and i think they're putting it out and ridiculous. we got to get back to making america great again. >> that's what i have a problem with. that dismissive of it's not important because i won and let's move on. >> also, it is what lindsey graham said. it hurts hill today but it could hurt you tomorrow with your e-mails. god knows what it is in there. >> this is true. i don't know what the intel community can provide to the american people that is not classified and in a way locked at with the naked eye because to ebony's point, there are some people saying why should you cover this? it's fake news. intelligence community came up with a consensus apparently. there is always -- usually with human beings and consensus is consensus and i would love to know if they brought this to everybody before the election and there was a decision not to look into it and now the democrats are getting enough
2:09 pm
attention that they get the investigation that they wanted, it is still not going to change the result but that is also an interesting thing, too. what happened with the information that -- at the time. >> what do they get? think about this for a second. if they hacked the rnc and didn't know, what did they get? certainly didn't get anything that would sway a voter away from trump. they might have -- >> right. >> -- reason to sway a voter toward trump. feels like a liberal attempt by the conservatives and some people of the people calling for massive -- hold off. make sure we get an investigation prior to the electoral college voting. seemed like they're on that never trump bandwagon. >> she lost in the places that -- like, anything that came out that was negative against hillary clinton didn't actually harm her with her base. >> yeah. >> she lost with the swing voters and those important blue wall states. >> undecideds. the problem is it looks like another attempt to
2:10 pm
delegitimatize a huge victory on the trump party and movement and defeated hillary clinton including taking 200 counties that barack obama was able to win last time around. so, this i think and outperforming in terms of african-americans and latino community, as well. he exceeded all expectations set prior to going in to election day. and now, you have hillary complaining and using jill as a surrogate. that didn't work. those suits dropped. now they complain about russia. but russia wasn't pulling the lever. the american people were. >> they just helped show how bad hillary is. i think it's -- you have to look at it because i do think it's about sewing discord. i don't know if it's about trump winning or russia wanting trump to win but can we mess with their elections? because russians like doing that stuff. i know. >> oh. interesting. >> yes. >> close to home. >> yes. up next, the president-elect still hasn't named his secretary
2:11 pm
of state but there's already an uproar over the guy he's rumored to have chosen. rex tillerson when "the five" returns. so basically we have two production options... hey guys, i gotta call you back. (phone ringing) hello? hi mom! oh, hi sweetie! how are you? give a keurig brewer this holiday and they will think of you everyday.
2:12 pm
2:13 pm
i'ts your tv, take it with you. with directv and at&t, stream live tv anywhere data-free. join directv today starting at $35/month. no extra monthly fees. ♪
2:14 pm
♪ well, still no decision on
2:15 pm
who president-elect donald trump will nominate for secretary of state but the word is he's leaning towards rex tillerson, chairman of exxonmobil. mr. trump won't confirm or deny he settled on tillerson but he made a case on "fox news sunday" why the businessman would make a great diplomat. >> he's a world class player. he's in charge of i guess the largest company in the world. he's in charge of an oil company that's pretty much double the size of his next nearest competitor. it's been a company that's been unbelievably managed. and to me, a great advantage is he knows many of the players and he knows them well. he does massive deals in russia. he does massive deals for the company. not for himself, for the company. >> president-elect refers to the deal-making with russia as an asset. listen. >> it is a terrible idea. suckers for the russians. i'm afraid the president-elect
2:16 pm
is suckered and i do not trust anybody who's done mega billion dollar deals with putten's government. you can't do business with putin's russ without getting dirty. i can't be done. i want somebody to put america's interests in front of exxonmobil. >> with the indoersment of bill gates and condy rice, we would have a lot of time for this guy. >> i know him only by reputation which is really quite strong and i get the question about the relationship with putin. but i do believe we can get beyond that. >> okay. dana, let's start with you. look. i see the guy's thoughtful, straightforward. very strategic. 75,000 companies. 200 companies. ran a big business and almost like running a country. general hayden likes him. ralph peters doesn't. >> it's interesting. i think this is an interesting and good pick and i thought it was interesting also that secretary rice and secretary of
2:17 pm
defense gates have said this would be a good pick for you. donald trump listened to that. right? so they must have had a good meeting and move forward. my sense on the right is concern about russia. understand that and have hearings and see if they can get beyond it. i think the left's real concern is not russia. that's an excuse. their concern is climate change and fossil fuels. this is an excuse to try to block somebody or be against somebody not because of the real issue they say but the underlying issue for them is always climate change. >> and that is one of the knocks right now. exxonmobil with issues of climate change. is this something that rex tillerson might have a hard time getting through senate confirmation with? i i think there's senators. >> yeah. >> there's those that expressed concern. >> there might be democrats that will support him like west virginia. >> manchin may. >> yeah. >> does he have the support? >> also there at trump transition.
2:18 pm
look. i think it's a strong pick. when you have my attention when you say that rice support him. in fact, her recommendation and then the president-elect was open minded. said i'm interested in the best people to put forward and make perhaps unconventional picks to best serve the interests of this country going forward and very interesting choice. because of, yes, his focus, also, with energy independence for the united states. the pushback will be, of course, issues perhaps, people concerned about climate change. they won't love this choice. but it's up for the president-elect to do what's in the best interest of the country and feeling this is someone with the decision making, the steady hand, the ability to have resources throughout the world internationally and know the big players, that can work to the advantage of america in foreign fields and also depending on who you have in the second spot as deputy, somebody strong like ambassador bolton to work well together. >> greg, when you're running exxonmobil -- >> ten years ago.
2:19 pm
>> when you were running exxonmobil -- >> spare time. >> you're dealing with the heads of state of some of the most business unfriendly lands, some people who frankly hate us and somehow you're able to make -- strike a business deal with the countries and these people. that's got to -- i would see that as a positive. am i wrong? >> talk about a high energy person. never run out of gas. i never heard of this -- >> or will you. >> i'm changing my diet, kimberly. i never heard of the guy. can i be honest? i think that's part of the strategy. it's got drive the other candidates nuts. cinderella showing up and the slipper fits and the bitter s p stepsisters are like what about me? i thought i was the guy and then this guy walks in and, you know, there it goes. he is a slick dude. >> got you. >> oil slick. got you. >> ebony, here's how i look at it. if you can get a rex tillerson,
2:20 pm
started with exxon, whole career at exxon, you know, profoundly immense businessman -- >> sure. >> to run your state department, isn't that a win for an administration? >> i'll agree with you. the ability to broker a good deal is critically important. but getting back to the notion of he knows the players, right, that sounds very good and with knowing them means you have preexisting relationships with the players and so my concern which i think would be alleviated at the senate confirmation process is what do the relationships look like and what is his ability to kind of make sure that first and foremost at all times is the best interest of america and the world stage. not -- >> influence of an economy. >> making sure that the preexisting friendships have no affect and influence and quite difficult and again i'm sure our state to take care of it. >> can you separate? can rex tillerson separate exxonmobil of the past to america of the future? >> absolutely.
2:21 pm
he's an american. he wants to serve his country. willing to serve. dedicated most of his life to the corporate world. at exxon, you don't get to be ceo on a whim. you work your way up through the company. >> i did. >> not like a favor. >> yeah. >> no. i think that he absolutely could separate it. >> i do trust that he can separate it. i guess, again, i'm concerned about the relationship. if i have a relationship with you, i don't have a new one because i get a new job. >> vice president cheney separated from his former company -- gosh, what was the name of it? halliburton. no financial ties to it whatsoever. years later followed him around because that's the left's favorite thing. always is going to be an anti- corporate america bent and then be confirmed and a good manager for the state department. >> knows the people, knows the good points and bad sides and less of a learning curve with
2:22 pm
preexisting relationships. i'll they can that any day. >> an order of friendship from putin. a big deal. steven see gel doesn't have that. >> thank you for that interpretation. ahead, more from chris wallace's exclusive interview of president-elect donald trump. and then accusing him of missing the daily intelligence briefings.
2:23 pm
2:24 pm
2:25 pm
so, mr. harris,
2:26 pm
we have your fingerprints on the safe. a photo of you opening the safe. a post using the hashtag "#justrobbedthesafe" so, what are we supposed to think? switching to geico could save you a bunch of money on car insurance. excellent point. case dismissed. geico. because saving fifteen percent or more on car insurance woo! because saving fifteen percent or more on car insurance is always a great answer. ♪ as president-elect donald trump's entitled to a daily intelligence brief, to keep him updated on threats and other sensitive matters, but according to reports chosen to receive them once a week. he's been taking some heat for that but dismissed the concerns on "fox news sunday." >> very good people are giving
2:27 pm
me the briefings. if something should change from this point, call me. i'm available on one-minute's notice. i don't have to be told the same thing and the same words every single day for the next eight years. i do say, if something should change, let us know. but i don't need to be told, chris, the same thing every day, every morning, same words, sir, nothing has changed. let's go over it again. >> hah! >> greg, i think it's a little bit unfortunate that this is playing out in public because i think the intelligence community and donald trump just need to get to know each other and how does he prefer to get his information and once they know that, tailor it to him. >> exactly. here's my idea. his staff should feed the intel to brian and steve doocy because we know the first thing that trump does is watch "fox & friends." you got them going, so, did you hear what isis is doing?
2:28 pm
right now, right on the edge of -- >> moving on the turkish border. kurds are pulling back. >> trump's going this is good stuff. >> they can say -- >> what about ansley? >> starting off the show saying no change today. no new information. >> same thing. >> he's up to date. he's up to date. that's the solution. >> eric, i think people in the intelligence community voted for donald trump and working out how to get the briefings, he can pick up on the nuance of what they're saying. >> call me crazy. i want him to read the briefings. read the darn thing. in the morning, a rundown of the news wheel. 25 pages and do it because you don't want to be -- something on page 14 bubbling up to the top. >> nuance. >> i don't know how the briefing is structured. bullet points? with the data behind it? >> depends on how the president wants it. >> good news -- >> tailor it. >> mike pence is apparently
2:29 pm
reading every single word of every single briefing and donald trump reloied on the very capable and able mike pence and not like we're going, gee, i hope this works out. one of the e two is always reading the briefing. >> there's a danger, kimberly, both sides try to politicize the intelligence community to suit them. and then intelligence community didn't want it. i understand they have leaned left. some people on the left think they leaned right and dealing with human beings just doing their best. >> no, absolutely. and what they need to do is tailor make it so it's something that the president-elect feels comfortable with, suit his schedule. he's a businessman. doing a lot of things. he is making sure and it shows the reliability of mike pence and if something, of course, urgent and needs immediate eyes on target, he is going to do it. i think we see it go away as a problem. what about those, don't be hypocritical. president obama doesn't sit in
2:30 pm
for the briefings and prefers to get it on an ipad and abbreviated form that way. >> what do you think of that? because president obama has taken some heat from the right saying, why didn't you get your presidential daily brief in all indignant and now you have this? >> none of us should be freaking out. not that anyone at this table is doing that. >> very calm. >> we're all good. but the larger public community to your point, if it's not playing out so publicly we wouldn't be having this publicity. you get the information the way you want to in the oval. donald trump can say don't give me repetitive information but every single day get something with anything that's changed, no matter how slight or nuanced because with the rapid way it's changing, every day can be a different vantage point. >> i heard michael hayden on msnbc talking about the presidential briefing and the reason why it's repetitive to build a history, a data history and so i think it -- instead of
2:31 pm
eliminating it, leave it in there and figure out a way highlighted. >> bold and highlight. >> highlight the new developments. >> but this stuff is new and need to get to. >> an alert. >> have somebody entertaining you like read it to you. anybody in america. >> you! >> monologue. >> yes. exactly. >> the other thing is he could do if they want to see him every day, all right, bring me something on tanzania tomorrow. five minutes on tanzania, your best. and they will do it. provide it to him. >> scott baio. he should do it. >> i loved him. >> i love scott. >> multitasker and capable of a lot of things. 12 people following for him. that's how you become a billionaire. worldwide. he's specific about wanting the make the choices himself. so work with that. and have it set up to work into the flow of when you can present the information. go over it. i think once he gets the transition team, hopefully even
2:32 pm
more focus. >> and then a decision on who the briefer will be and fun to watch if i were behind the scenes which i won't be. president-elect trump responds to the concerns of being executive producer of "celebrity apprentice."
2:33 pm
2:34 pm
2:35 pm
2:36 pm
♪ celebrity apprentice returning to tv next month after a two-year hiatus with a new host, arnold schwarzenegger. the last host will be our next president and there's some controversy over mr. trump's decision to retain an executive producer credit on the show. chris wallace asked him about it
2:37 pm
on "fox news sunday." >> you are keeping your stake in "celebrity apprentice" according to "the new york times." you're going to shift operations and keep your stake in -- your real estate business. >> essentially i won't have anything to do with the management. >> isn't that a huge conflict of interest? >> when i ran everyone knew i was a big owner of real estate over the world. i won't have anything to do with the management of the company. i don't care about it anymore. i'm so focused on doing a great job as president. >> mr. trump clarified on twitter nothing to do with "celebrity apprentice" as president and devote zero time. only have a stake in it. all right. what do you make about this? people are upset to say when you watch the show executive producer potus trump. >> if you watch the either beginning or end of a movie, there's like 20 executive producer credits.
2:38 pm
usually investors, one or two total real producers of the movie and this is -- the thing that donald trump has a right to is this is his intellectual property. he developed this show. >> the idea for it. >> conceived, developed it. made it big and great again. he shouldn't have to walk away from it. so he wants a credit on it. that's clearly an opportunity for him to keep his name there without having a thing to do with the production of the show and i guess the assumption is that if yhe were more involved r went awry he could use it to hold over nbc's head to say, hey, i'm producer of this show. you need to get this message out more. or this will happen. but he has no intention of doing that. >> how do you see this? >> i think he would have zero time even if he wanted to dedicate any time for "sloebty apprentice." think about president obama and his book that did extremely well. he continued to get royalties while he was president of the united states and i sort of see
2:39 pm
this in the same way. i don't know if the legal council would see that in the same way but that's how i think about this. >> they have checked it out. look. he did create it. he's entitled to have his name on it. why not? >> i think just bring it into the white house. like i said on friday. the winner gets a job on staff and the losers are buried in michelle's herb garden. >> buried. >> no one will miss them. >> arnold schwarzenegger, they should add a separate segment. who will he impregnate? >> he loves the show, too, by the way. >> "the five"? >> i'm not surprised why. >> i took a picture with him. >> he likes me, right? >> with ronan. and conan. very cute. what do you make of this? >> i'm not bothered at all. like this is something, a brand that donald trump really helped build from the ground up and i don't think he should have to divorce himself and we know this
2:40 pm
this industry ep doesn't mean much of anything and can be in title only. that's fine. dana, personally, i don't see it exactly as when president obama continued to collect the royalties from the book only because this is -- you know, kind of a very direct media correlation. and you could make the argument that if trump wanted to exercise that in a different way, he could. i'm not suggesting he will. >> i agree. >> i'm not at all -- i think this is so low on the concern list around anything the president-elect trump is doing. unbothered as the kids say. >> nobody really sees this as any problem. greg, you are just jealous because you want an ep credit? >> yes. i don't know. >> and arnold wants an amendment to run for president. right? follow in the footsteps. like the movie. >> precedent is set, i hear. >> it is set. all right. let's hear that's -- >> i'm kidding. totally just kidding. >> oh my gosh. >> terrible. >> oh gosh.
2:41 pm
>> he'll be on it next. dana, anything else he should be concerned about besides, like, this leaving the name on a credit here? anything you see with the businesses? >> depends. i don't know what -- you never know what will happen in live tv or a reality tv show. will he want his name associated with it? >> isn't this a dumb topic? >> could have done better. >> feels like -- >> we could blame for that -- >> our executive producer. >> not a single person cares about this. >> it is a nothing burger. you know? it's the only burger i don't want to eat. a nothing burger. next, a left wing california professor caught on tape bashing our president-elect to her students. the stunning video when "the five" returns. this is your daughter. and she just got this. ooh boy. but, you've got hum. so you can set this. and if she drives like this, you can tell her to drive more like this. because you'll get this. you can even set boundaries for so if she should be here, but
2:42 pm
instead goes here, here, or here. you'll know. so don't worry, mom. because you put this, in here. hum by verizon. the technology designed to make your car smarter, safer and more connected. put some smarts in your car. come on, wake up!!! come on, why ya sleepin'? come on! what time is it? it's go time. come on. let's go, let's go, let's go. woooo hoooo!! yeah!! i feel like i went to bed an hour ago.
2:43 pm
i'll make the cocoa. get a great offer on the car of your grown-up dreams at the mercedes-benz winter event. it's the look on their faces that make it all worthwhile. thank you santa!!! now lease the 2017 c300 for $389 a month at your local mercedes-benz dealer. hii'm here to tell homeowners that are sixty-two and older about a great way to live a better retirement... it's called a reverse mortgage. call right now to receive your free dvd and booklet with no obligation. it answers questions like... how a reverse mortgage works, how much you qualify for, the ways to receive your money... and more. plus, when you call now, you'll get this magnifier with led light absolutely free! when you call the experts at one reverse mortgage today, you'll learn the benefits of a government-insured
2:44 pm
reverse mortgage. it will eliminate your monthly mortgage payments and give you tax-free cash from the equity in your home and here's the best part... you still own your home. take control of your retirement today!
2:45 pm
♪ so human sexuality -- made that very clear to her students last month. she went on a tirade about the president-elect. i hate you, greg. following the vote of a white supremacist other things and a student taped it. here's the videos. >> our nation is divided. we have been assaulted.
2:46 pm
it is an act of terrorism. one of the most frightening things for me is most people in my life is that the people committing the assault are among us. it is not some stranger from some other country coming in, attacking our sense of what it means to be an american and the things we stand for and that makes it more painful. our nation is divided clearly as it was in the civil wartimes and my hope is to get the leadership to help us to overcome that. >> she equated mr. trump's election to terrorism. the school's young republican club filed a formal complaint. they want an apology from that professor. we did reach out to the school for comment from the professor or the school itself and thus -- >> did you reach out to -- >> your punishment. time-out. >> the teacher who teaches the human sexuality course -- stable cox. >> all right, eric, i have to move on.
2:47 pm
>> avoid eye contact. >> in all seriousness, all right? >> what was the name of the course? >> human sexuality. >> this is what we're teaching our kids in college? my son called me today, a final, a family member of an event profound in american history that they experienced and went through the 9/11 thing. he wrote a nice paper on what 9/11 was and affected millions of americans' lives and my life and went up and this one decides that after the legal, the process, the constitutional process of electing donald trump somehow is terrorism? >> yeah. that actually, that part of it was problematic for me, bothersome on an emotional level and standing on the border of israel and syria and just like land mines and this woman working at a school, rockets coming over every day. they're a threat to her life. there's real terrorism. right? >> destroyed this -- >> in the world does donald trump being considered terrorism have to do with human sexuality?
2:48 pm
>> that's another thing. that's true, dana, right? in poly sci, i understand the conversation around this. >> imagine throughout the college campuses last six weeks or four weeks been like group therapy. it doesn't matter if you're posed to be learning about physics. you need safe space to talk about the election. doesn't matter if it doesn't have anything to do with the subject matter that she's supposed to be teaching and other thing is left runs a risk of watering down words like terrorism. >> yeah. that's a real problem. greg, i know you -- never mind. >> can i just -- point out a couple of things. number one, stable cox -- >> just wanted to say it again. go ahead. >> punish the students. punish the student for recording this. do you know that? he could be charged because it's illegal -- an authentic whistle-blower now getting the whistle blown on him and you know that this teacher would have a real problem with calling
2:49 pm
real terror actual terror. she would call it radical revolution against the powers that be. but she has trump hysteria disorder and unstable cox. >> kimberly? >> you have a professor -- >> i didn't know the student would be punished. is that like a thing? >> well, i mean, they can depending on the laws are there. and interesting thing to me here is that the young -- they have a lawyer that's going to file a lawsuit. trying to get enough evidence saying that they felt intimidated and express their personal opinions. so we're seeing, you know, one of the type of cases going forward to say, hey, this is an abridgment of free speech and ability to be in an environment and not feel threatened. see how it goes. >> that upsets me. i don't like a student not able to film something and have cameras with our police, which i think is a good thing, why not with the educators?
2:50 pm
>> i like people to have a private conversation. >> in the classroom, though? >> sure. >> it is a teacher doing something wrong, you should be able to -- like, did she -- she asked the trump supporters to stand up, right? >> we didn't have that clip. >> asked them to stand. >> looking to intimidate them. >> looking to intimidate. somebody has to do that. i understand what you mean. but stable cox lost her privacy. >> okay. a good rating on rate my professor.com. >> but >> dana, i don't mind private conversations that we've seen teachers fault students and stuff like that, so i think it comes in handy. >> when the robots are here, we'll all be wearing cameras. >> we saw people using title ix to try to suppress speech. >> what a slippery slope we find ourselves on.
2:51 pm
one more thing is up next. we live in a pick and choose world. love or like? naughty or nice? calm or bright? but at bedtime... ...why settle for this? enter sleep number, designed to let couples sleep together in individualized comfort. sleepiq technology tells you how you slept and what adjustments you can make. she likes the bed soft. he's more hardcore. so your sleep goes from good to great to wow! give the gift of amazing sleep. only at a sleep number store, no interest for 48 months on qualifying purchases! hurry, ends sunday. learn more at sleepnumber.com know better sleep with sleep number.
2:52 pm
start your day with the number one choice of dentists. philips sonicare removes significantly more plaque versus oral-b 7000. experience this amazing feel of clean. innovation and you. philips sonicare. save now when you buy philips sonicare.
2:53 pm
2:54 pm
it's time for one more stable cox. there it is. that's it. k.g. >> all right. army and navy students come together to sing powerful
2:55 pm
rendition of the national anthem, and this is at the army/navy game on saturday. the students from both branches came together with this amazing rendition of star-spangled banner. you have to listen. ♪ the land of the free and the home of the brave ♪ [ cheers and applause ] as you can tell, the crowd absolutely loved it, and so did army, ending it's 14-year losing streak to navy, winning 21-17. it seems like everybody had a very, very good time at the game. >> when i was a kid, i thought that was the best time for people to invade america. because that's where everybody -- all our army and navy is. >> first you ruin my blog. now -- >> they do have to keep that very secure. that's all of our young men and women. >> it was nice to see the
2:56 pm
president-elect there with army and navy side. that was good. >> i learned about a new tradition, christmas tradition. this is from iceland, and i really liked it. they have this tradition of giving books on christmas eve. then you stay up all night reading the book. that's kind of cool, right? >> this is right up your alley. >> i chose two that i would give away this year. one, i loved a novel called "the snow child" by ivy. it's a little bit fantasy, but an
2:57 pm
2:58 pm
very quickly. john kennedy defeated foster campbell. that puts a republican there. balance of power goes to 52/48. this is big. that was a big win. congratulations to louisiana. house, 241-194. then this, with the governors we
2:59 pm
talked about. 33-1-16. the balance of power is clearly leaning right. >> by the way, bye-bye wisconsin recount. trump picks up 163 more votes. that worked out well for you, people. >> how much money per vote did that cost? >> all right. >> as i said several times now i came back from a truly life changing week in israel. i wanted to share just a couple of -- i have so many moments but here's a couple. you're going to see a photo with the group. i went with the american-israel education foundation. it's the educational branch of ap oor apac. we ran into prime minister benjamin netanyahu, and we were able to speak to many people. here you go. in the spirit of keeping it fair and balanced, we're meeting with the chief negotiator for the palestinian authority. so we actually went inand were able to speak with him.
3:00 pm
it was incredible, get his take. here you're seeing rabbi levy and his beautiful wife. >> all right. got to go. that's it for us. "special report" up next. president-elect donald trump's pick for secretary of state is finally revealed as democrats and republicans react to intelligence reports that russia wanted trump to win. this is "special report." good evening. welcome to washington. i'm bret baier. president-elect donald trump is expected to pick a big oil executive. exen mobile ceo rex tillerson to be his nominee for secretary of state. that expected choice has lawmakers on both sides of the aisle expressing concern about tillerson's cozy relationship with russian president vladimir putin and the questioning about trump's decision is only heightened by reports that the intelligence commu

58 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on