Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  December 14, 2016 2:00pm-3:01pm PST

2:00 pm
but there's been a push by a lot of democrats saying you republican electors should think twice about the russian involvement about maybe reassessing this. they don't say switch your vote, just vote your conscience. we'll ask him what he's going to do tomorrow, here and only here. hello, everyone, i'm eric bolling along with kimberly gim foil, juan williams r, and greg. this is "the five." the president-elect has already saved over a thousand jobs in america. just yesterday ibm pledged 25,000 jobs, american jobs. in the aftermath of mr. trump's promises to reduce taxes, roll back regulations and make america a business friendly place aagain, the president-elect pledging to create a whole lot more when he gets in the white house. >> my administration will be focused on three very important words, jobs, jobs, jobs.
2:01 pm
whether it's building cars, producing steel or curing disease, we want the next generation of innovation and production to happen right here in america and right here in wisconsin. right? we're going to eliminate all wasteful job-killing regulations. buy american and hire american. right? from now on, it's going to be america first. america first. >> mr. trump met with some of the tech world's biggest names today for a job summit at trump tower. attendees included amazon's jeff bezos, apple's tim cook, elon musk and others. here's what he told them when they arrived. >> i just want to thank everybody. this is a truly amazing group of people. i'm here to help you folks do well.
2:02 pm
you're doing well right now and i'm very honored by the bounce. we're all talking about the bounce, so right now everybody has to like me at least a little bit. anything we can do to help this go along, we're going to be there for you. you'll call my people, you'll call me, it doesn't make any difference. we have no formal chain of command around here. >> so, dana, amazon, oracle, apple, tesla, microsoft, google, facebook, but no twitter. >> no twitter. do you know why? >> i hear a rumor. >> what is it? >> that there was an emoji problem. houston, we have an emoji problem. >> not to include the -- >> is it that or is it that their market capital isn't big enough? >> i have no idea why twitter wasn't invited. but who cares. this is a huge part of the growing economy, not just here in america but around the world. i think there are so many interesting things about all that they're doing. in fact amazon today delivered
2:03 pm
its first delivery by drone, right? so no people involved. there are no jobs, and you can't tax that. so there's huge problems coming for the american economy with technology. great stuff too. it's not just problems. there's opportunity as well. if i would have been in the room, and i'm sure they probably did talk about this, i would have brought up three main things. one is this issue of job training. you bring up ibm. yes, they announced 25,000 jobs. they also put in a plug for more federal money for job training because america needs to have workers that can actually do the work of this new economy. the other thing i would have asked them about is immigration because we know that they want high-tech visas to be able to be smoothed out but they also have to figure out what they would want to do for other immigrants that would come to this community and the tech community has hid behind this visa issue and not taken a stand. the third thing i would have asked them about and asked them for is cooperation on intel issues, especially when it comes
2:04 pm
to fighting terrorism. while they're all in the room, i would have said i want your word that you're going to work with me on this. >> k.g., terror also fake news? these people are -- some of the fake news, they're hosting some of the fake news sites as well. how do you push back on that? >> this is kind of a complicated situation. if you look at the bigger picture here, you see the president-elect surrounding himself with innovators, with business leaders, with the people that are part of the technology boom in silicon valley. this is someone that promised jobs, jobs, jobs, to the american people. the working men and women would not be forgotten and left behind. there's a number of issues they're going to discuss, also probably the h 1 b visas because there was a concern from the tech industry about getting affordable labor and getting young snuntudents in and things this nature. he has people on the table that were not just admirers and supporters but people who were
2:05 pm
like detractors like bezos who were not, to say the least, all in on president-elect trump. so it's a start. >> and, greg, he's entertained democrats. he's entertained anti-trumpers as kimberly points out and the tech crew, very, very famously and openly went for hillary clinton. >> this is the hypocrisy of these tech giants in silicon valley. they reap the benefits of the freest country in the world. the freest country the world has ever seen. but they don't show their gratitude. when you look at something like world war ii, when you see the companies like general mills, who made gun sights and you had pillsbury and hormel making food for the allies, what did twitter do, who was not there? they cut off our intelligence from using data miner. that was a way to look at published tweets, to look at propaganda from terrorists. they didn't let our intelligence services look at that. so i think going back to your point, there are two things
2:06 pm
you've got to look at. the first thing is terror. we are dealing in a new era where we need their help and they should help us because they can't sit there and lecture americans from their glass prism in palo alto. they should do -- google should imagine being in iraq or being some syria or being in egypt. what kind of target would they be? but they're in palo alto so that doesn't happen. the other thing in terms of our technology, we know you can't stop progress and progress means two things, driverless cars, which will eliminate jobs, save 34,000 lives but eliminate jobs. can you deal with that problem? how is trump going to establish a tariff for getting rid of drivers. then you have supermarkets who don't have checkers or baggers. amazon is establishing that. do you try to suppress innovation with protectionism and tariffs? no, you've got to encourage it. >> can i just point out that those were companies that were trying to leave the country and
2:07 pm
then put their goods back into the country once they leave as opposed to innovation and doing it from within. >> mr. trump extending an olive branch to a group who was pretty hostile to him. >> without a doubt. they didn't want him. i think sheryl sandberg after the election said with regard to clinton we fell short, that's her quote. so these people don't like trump and they have some major disagreements here. i mean the obvious one is something like globalization. you know, the tech industry is all about globalization. that's new markets for them. trump is not for globalization. when it comes to free trade, they're all for free trade. they're sending their goods out. they're trying to spread their innovations worldwide. donald trump wants to bring everything back to the usa. so they're at odds. i think when it comes to the terrorist business we were just talking about, again, they're at odds because it's not just
2:08 pm
terrorism, it's also things like creating data registries that have to do with making it possible for mass deportation. also making it possible for religious concerns about muslims or any of these other issues that i think that the tech industry is going to be uncomfortable with. >> no one is asking them to do that. >> well, that's the fear on the part of the tech people is that when they go at something like cooperating with the government, that they then get into position where they can not only scan your e-mails to see if you're talking to somebody, but they also say, hey, you know, that greg gutfeld, we have suspicions about him and pass it on to the government. they don't want to be a tool for the government. >> this is something we talked about quite a bit and frankly had some tv discussions about it. the government was tapping google and facebook and twitter and data mining their data over the -- >> it was published data, though, it wasn't private. >> no, no, no. >> the nsa program.
2:09 pm
you're talking about data miner, that's different. >> but the point is should they work with -- look, if they were working with the obama administration into that degree, should they do it with the trump administration? >> in fact the obama administration put pressure on them to come to greg's point to say if you are able to help us find terrorists, you shouldn't be holding back. that pressure is there. the question is how far is trump willing to go and is he willing to punish them. >> this is a very interesting concept now, because if trump is a noninterventionist and has pushed against the fourth amendment violations that i think the nsa was perpetrating on america for a long time, will he say, no, we're not going to request that same type of access. >> oh, i think he is because he's anti-snowden from what i can remember. he is anti-isis. what got trump elected aside from the rebelling against the pc was his pro terror stance, his ability to say radical islam. we needed to hear that.
2:10 pm
he's going to have no truck for people saying i'm worried about offending people's rights. and back to the nsa stuff, there's a lot of people who believe that wasn't a violation because they were just data points. we don't know who they were, they were just phone numbers. >> but they were americans. it was a blanket -- >> it's just like going to the post office and saying i'm going to open your letter. >> no, because you're not opening it, you're not reading it. >> no, but you get the addresses. this is like the elephant -- >> but if you get a warrant, you can. >> there are systems of checks and balances in place to do certain things. for example, let's go back to san bernardino where we had the terror attack a apple phone and all the pushback. the legal documents that had to be filed. motions before the judge trying to twist the arm of some of these tech companies to do the right thing to try to say let's prevent terrorism on u.s. soil when we have these people that have been radicalized or acting on behalf of isis or other groups that would seek to
2:11 pm
destroy our way of life. so that is part of his -- >> but it's consistent, though. >> that is part of the intelligence gathering. >> when you're data mining a group not because you have a specific threat or feeling that there could be a specific threat or anyone associated with that threat. >> find a needle in a hay stack, you need a haystack. >> you do. >> and then you look for data points. >> the thing that is so central to donald trump's rise in american politics, which is immigration. these folks want more immigration. donald trump says no. now, the question becomes, well, who benefits when you have high tech able to bring in more people from around the world. >> i think he's supportive of more high-tech visas. >> that's the question. because the high-tech visas benefit a very small slice of highly trained people and the -- >> but if they are having new technologies that help improve lives around the world. >> the counter argument -- >> it's that they're legal.
2:12 pm
they're here limited. >> they're h1b visas. >> that's the counter pressure. >> i'm trying to tell juan. >> trying to push back against legal immigration and being here legally on a visa, the question is how many. >> there are limited numbers of h1b visas available. will trump go along. >> he wants jobs here for unemployed americans to be able to factor into the workplace -- >> it's a very limited slice. and so people who are in this country, and i particularly point out minority groups in this country have not benefit -- do not participate in the high tech. is president-elect trump willing to say to them, oh, do more for these kids who have some ability but aren't getting into high tech in the usa. >> they're wrapping us. quick thoughts? >> this is a great opportunity for the republican party to be the party of science, innovation and technology and progress. tariffs and protectionism is part of the past. >> and i would say for foreign
2:13 pm
students if they come here, if they are -- if they do get a degree here in america and they want to work in america and participate in our economy, then we should allow them to do that. allow them to bring their families here as well. but that kind of immigration is helpful. >> but you know that i am sensitive about the lower income people. >> if you start building clocks -- >> but a lot of the people there in that group are for open immigration and wanting to increase the number of h1b visas from what i understand president-elect trump wants to say if you increase that number, then perhaps you should be required to pay them a higher wage so then it encourages people as well to provide jobs for americans who are unemployed and seeking to be part of the labor force. >> and that's where the money for job training comes in. >> we got wrapped. we're getting wrapped in my ear. the days of political correctness in america are coming to an end. president-elect donald trump made that crystal clear during his speech last night in wisconsin. his pc war, next. your insurance company won't replace
2:14 pm
2:15 pm
2:16 pm
the full value of your totaled new car. the guy says, "you picked the wrong insurance plan." no, i picked the wrong insurance company. with new car replacement™, we'll replace the full value of your car plus depreciation. liberty mutual insurance.
2:17 pm
in a town hall, bernie sanders claims donald trump won because people got sick of political correctness. bernie is right, until he defined what politically correct actually means.
2:18 pm
>> for years and years, we have been told by republicans and many democrats that our trade policy was a great idea, that it was working for america. well, you know what, the american people don't believe it. they think there's something wrong when just with permanent normal trade relations with china and the mexican free trade agreement we have lost some 4 million decent-paying jobs. the american people i think want candidates and politicians to have the guts to stand up to the billionaire class and start representing the middle class and working families of this country. i don't think it's more complicated than that. >> see what he did there? he turned real rebellion against the pc into something about class warfare. sorry, bernie, it's not about the billionaire class. there are 540 billionaires in america. small class. but there are thousands of jerks telling us that we're evil. you see the pc rebellion is about a reaction against the media academic complex, which tells us what to say or else.
2:19 pm
people were tired of the identity wars that pitted young versus old, white versus black, gay versus straight. it's why each time a celebrity feminist lectured us on trump, hillary lost more votes. every time lena dunham opened her trap, her causes shriveled, among other things. so it's not about trade or the rich. industrialists aren't screaming slurs on campus telling us which pronouns are offensive or why christmas carols are microaggressions, that's the pc movement power mad twerps who use reputational smears to brand all of us as evil until we submit. that's what bugs me about sanders. he's been a socialist forever, mired in left-wing politics for decades and now he diagnoses the problem? dude, you are the problem. from the 1970s to now, you cared and you watered this toxic movement. so bernie, 2016 was about millions of americans becoming intolerant of that intolerant
2:20 pm
class. let's hope it sticks. so kimberly. >> yeah. >> we love our billionaires. >> oh, we do. oh, we do. >> let's talk about billionaires, no. people just got tired of the left-wing pc smears. everybody being called racist. everybody being called bigots. >> absolutely. finally they felt someone was hearing their voice where they didn't want to be taxed into oblivion, into poverty by the obama administration, by the clintons, and they wanted to stop this. they wanted to stop the grab on their future and their security and what they wanted to do to provide for their families. they said enough is enough. you can mock us, you can call us deplorables, you will not take our voting ability away and we will show up in record numbers to be able to defeat the socialist policies that have been proffered in this country to absolutely no success. >> you know, juan, i'm going to play a little bit of mr. trump talking about how he's going to change things.
2:21 pm
>> when i started 18 months ago, i told my first crowd in wisconsin that we're going to come back here some day and we are going to say merry christmas again. merry christmas. so merry christmas, everybody. >> juan, this sounds like a talking point right out of like morning holiday fox & friends, but it works. it works, right? >> it works for some people. but i mean it's just -- and also he went on there, he did that wonderful thing about he didn't like being called -- >> i have that too. would you like that? >> go right ahead. >> it's because of you that we, all of us, were just honored with the "time" magazine person of the year. in the old days, it was called the man of the year. now they call it the -- okay. let me do this. we've got a lot of women here.
2:22 pm
do you mind? i'm doing this for all of you politicians, not that we're going to change at this point. would you rather see person of the year, man of the year? >> juan, we have to handle all disputes this way. >> in a rally? go to a rally and have trump supporters, have his bench scream. >> that's why he won. >> i don't think so, but i think that he spoke. this is where we go back to bernie. i think this stuff about christmas, the stuff about man of the year action person of the year, it's small ball. >> yes. >> but i think it satisfies the culture war's instinct in some people, especially on the right. >> is it small ball or is it -- >> it is. >> or is it, eric -- >> wait, let me finish this thought before you go to acre. because i think the big ball picture is what bernie is talking about, which is too big to fail. i think even the small ball people are mad at wall street for screwing the working guy in
2:23 pm
america. >> that's the trade agreements. that's what he said. he was talking about bringing manufacturing jobs back to america. >> but who benefits, eric, it's the hedge funds that decide, hey, you know what, we can make more -- >> actually manufacturing across the board benefits. >> but who are the investors? >> you kids these days. >> so who are pc? politicians are pc. who are not pc? military and business people. what has trump proceeded to do? he put three generals in to the left's chagrin, they're not pc. and business leaders. wilbur ross, rex tillerson. you can't be pc. they run them out of business. >> you were just complaining about the high-tech folks in trump tower today? those people not only that dislike trump, they're very pc.
2:24 pm
>> there's a handful of people who are pc. >> and a lot of people in the military who don't bring the gays in. >> i don't see any of those people in the cabinet. >> it's all military and big business and billionaires. i can't understand how they're supposed to represent the working class in america. >> picking people that are the best for the job. >> yeah, they're the richest. all of a sudden the best equates with the richest? >> new york cio, that's not wha. the people that have the most to offer the country, that's who you choose. who is best suited, not like picking winners and losers for political favorites. >> people who know something about housing -- >> now you're dissing your friend? dr. ben carson, your close friend. wow. sorry, dr. carson. >> or what about energy. he says he wants to dismantle it. he can't remember that he said that he wanted to dismantle it. >> it's good to have a critic in charge -- a critic running
2:25 pm
something, makes that something better, dana. that's what i've been saying for decades. >> i think we're out of time. >> i think we are. but i wanted to ask you a question. i celebrate the death of the pc but we know it will resurface because socialism returns as progressivism. >> i also think it was a reaction against hypocrisy, because bernie sanders who has been a lifelong public servant after he decided to get a job when he was 40 and run for mayor, just bought his third house. so class warfare is a little hard to swallow. >> bernie and his little red car. it's not red just for color sake, you know what i mean, commie? all right, up next, a few developments on the trump transition. the president-elect spent some time last night defending his controversial naum fominee for secretary of state. hear that ahead.
2:26 pm
2:27 pm
♪ ♪ get up to $2500 customer cash on select 2016 and 2017 models for these terms. see your lexus dealer. yeahashtag "stuffy nose."old. hashtag "no sleep." i got it. hashtag "mouthbreather." yep. we've got a mouthbreather.
2:28 pm
well, just put on a breathe right strip and ... pow! it instantly opens your nose up to 38% more than cold medicine alone. so you can breathe ... and sleep. shut your mouth and say goodnight mouthbreathers. breathe right.
2:29 pm
president-elect trump is in
2:30 pm
the final stages of forming his cabinet and he just tapped another former rival for a big position. he chose former texas governor rick perry to be his energy secretary. last night he defended his pick for secretary of state, exxonmobil ceo rex tillerson. >> rex is one of the greatest and most skilled global business leaders of our time. rex will be a fierce advocate for america's interests around the world and has the insights and talents necessary to help reverse years of foreign policy blunders and disasters. rex is friendly with many of the leaders in the world that we don't get along, with and some people don't like that. they don't want him to be friendly. that's why i'm doing the deal with rex, because i like what this is all about. >> all right. okay. but there are also many who are very supportive and really find that this was a great choice for secretary of state and some that, i don't know, like condoleezza rice, eric.
2:31 pm
>> i love the pick for a number of reasons. we talked about it a bunch of times. first of all, you have to be brilliant to rise from -- it's the only job he's ever had. he's only worked at exxon. he started as an entry level engineer and worked his way all the way up, ceo. at one point probably half a trillion dollar business, $500 million business. that's competent. and you have to be a diplomat in order to do business in 200 countries. you have to know the ins and outs of business in countries. here's what i like about trump's cabinet. he's emphasizing, i said earlier, military but also business people. but business people with an energy background. for me this is my world. i've spent 18 years in the energy business. rex tillerson, exxonmobil. rick perry who ran texas, a massive amount of exploration and development of oil, offshore and onshore, and wilbur ross. wilbur ross owned coal companies. i don't know if he still owns them or is divested in them but he was a big coal producer as well. so donald trump has specifically
2:32 pm
said he wants to create jobs and he wants to kind of open up our energy business. i think that is so darn smart. i think it's a brilliant way to expand the economy. >> and for energy independence in this country which he also promised. >> and jobs, that's the other part of it. >> hillary clinton was saying taking coal miners out of business and he said we'll put you back to, would. they said this is what we grew up doing for countless generations, this is what we know and this is what we love. >> but in a sense he's deceiving the very people who have put their trust in. coal mine jobs are not coming back in this country. fracking, oil, i mean it's just -- it's an archaic structure at this point. >> clean coal, juan? >> energy jobs are the highest paying jobs in the country. >> she's talking about coal mining. if you say the coal miners, we're giving you the jobs that you were trained to do, we'll give it back to you, i think that's deceptive. i don't think that's very
2:33 pm
honest. >> so hillary clinton telling everybody she's going to put them out of business. >> no, what she said in the full context was we'll reeducate, retrain you, come back and help you but those jobs are gone. >> that wasn't the message that was conveyed. >> my feeling about this whole cabinet is billionaires, goldman sachs people, i just -- i don't understand how you guys sitting here can stomach it. because that was the promise. no more inside people from washington. no more power elites. >> these are not. >> we're going to drain the swamp. >> these are not washington elite insiders, pay attention. dana. >> these are -- he is draining or trying to drain the political swamp in d.c. >> that's why you bring in goldman sachs guys? >> juan, the goldman people are extremely successful people. do you not want the most successful people? >> dana. >> i'll just add i think that the confirmation process at the behind-the-scenes meetings with the senators will be really important, probably more so than for anyone else, especially when
2:34 pm
it comes to tellerson's connections with russia and as you see russia participating in a wholesale massacre of innocent people in syria. >> greg, you like the name? >> how can you not like someone named rex. rex harrison, rex reed, t-rex. rex in effect. >> what was that? >> you should have quit at t-rex. >> you don't know rex in effect, huh? boom, boom, boom. >> and rick perry who sat at this table, who was fantastic. popular guy. >> i have a theory that if you can trick somebody with rhetoric that they use, those people should not be in power. for example, i know how to fool a progressive. all you've got to do is mention white privilege, talk about environmental inequality, normative pronouns. you memorize and learn that stuff, you can be on the white house cabinet of any liberal politician but you can't bs an oilman or a businessman. the moment you go in and start throwing around the terminology,
2:35 pm
a businessman goes, i smell something really bad in here and they just walk away. this is a bs-free administration. >> i'm going to end it right there. >> you know what bs stands for, by the way? it's nothing bad. >> directly ahead, they once had a contentious relationship but times have changed. president-elect trump had a lot of nice things to say about house speaker paul ryan during their first joint appearance here yesterday. hear all of it, next.
2:36 pm
2:37 pm
2:38 pm
enjoy your phone! you too. all right, be cool. you got the amazing new iphone 7 on the house by switching to at&t... what??.... aand you got unlimited data because you have directv?? (laughs to self in disbelief) okay, just a few more steps... door! it's cool! get the iphone 7 on us and unlimited data when you switch to at&t and have directv.
2:39 pm
president-elect trump held another thank you rally last night, this time in wisconsin. the traditionally blue state he managed to turn red. house speaker paul ryan made his first joint appearance with mr. trump. they mended fences following the vote but the speaker faced a tough crowd of trump loyalists in his home state. >> speaker paul ryan, i've really come to -- oh, no.
2:40 pm
i've come to appreciate him. i tell you, he has been terrific. and, you know, honestly, he's like a fine wine. every day goes by, i get to appreciate his genius more and more. now, if he ever goes against me, i'm not going to say that, okay. he's a great guy and we're going to work on taxes. we're going to work on obamacare. we're going to work on things and he's going to lead the way. so thank you. we're going to work on the wall, paul. >> i bet that they have developed a pretty good relationship, but i'm from the school of praise in public, credit size in private when you have differences. but i think that era is now behind us. >> yeah, i think but here's the thing that i like about this. they're upset because they are trump loyalists, this is their guy. they brought him a state everybody said he couldn't take so there's a big ground swell of support there and loyalty to the president-elect, fantastic.
2:41 pm
when they go ahead and try to boo and make remarks against the speaker, he steps in to say no, no, no, no, and i think you have to be that person to defend and say the things specifically you're going to work together to accomplish an those are things that speaker ryan cares a lot about, about obamacare, about working on taxes, about working on budgets. those are things that are passions of his that he's committed to do for the republicans and for the country. >> speaking of obamacare, juan, speak -- i'm sorry, minority leader pelosi said that obamacare will not be repealed. what do you make of her pronouncement? >> what's interesting to me is democrats don't believe it will be repealed in full. what you hear coming from some republicans is the idea let's just do it long term so that we can put in place protections for elements of obamacare that are popular and we don't suffer a political backlash. what pelosi and the democrats want to do right now is make it clear to the american people
2:42 pm
what they like is at stake. like your kids stay on your insurance policy, no eliminating people with pre-existing conditions and the like. what strikes me from so much of this conversation, if you look at paul ryan, paul ryan is someone who wants to privatize a lot of the entitlements that are very popular, especially with seniors, medicare, social security and the like. and then you come to trump and trump says, no, we're not touching those programs. and republicans who have been kind of the republican establishment that's been talking about it, they're off the books with donald trump so i don't know how they get together. >> at some point they'll have to put pen to paper and make the math work. >> there are so many initiatives that the trump campaign has promised from obamacare at the beginning, i think he's going to start right out of the bat and work with it and i think paul ryan will work with him. corporate tax i think they'll work together fairly well with that one as well. some of the things that may get a little wishy-washy are the immigration situation and breaking the trade agreements because there's some republican
2:43 pm
support for the trade agreements. so paul ryan will have to make a decision. do i go with the president who has promised to break the trade agreements or do i stand with the people who elected me speaker who may be in favor of nafta and some of the other trade agreements. it's going to be interesting, but my sense is donald trump is such a force, so big, he's got so much momentum behind him that ryan will eventually work with the president. >> greg, what's on your mind over there? >> well, when you look at this, it reminds you that the democratic bench is about as deep as a contact lens. but here's a related trump story. this is a related trump story, which is absolutely amazing and it makes me so happy i can barely control myself. i've beening for the story of yasm yasmin, an 18-year-old muslim woman. he insulted new york city. she claimed that men surrounded her on the subway and yelled trump and called her a terrorist and tried to remove her hijab. she just got arrested for filing
2:44 pm
a false police report. are you surprised? every single news organization that ran with this story, buzzfeed, daily news, all you jerks who ran this story, you better run an equally long retraction and dig into this story because i'm so tired of this crap. >> you called it. >> yeah, but i held off on it because i didn't want to falsely accuse and then she ran away from home, right? you knew it was wrong. >> that's called a deep tease for tomorrow's show, people. >> i'm bursting a blood vessel. ahead we had our big christmas party last night on "the five" and you'll want to stay tuned to hear what happened. i've got pictures and details coming up.
2:45 pm
♪ ♪ i want a hippopotamus for christmas ♪ ♪ only a hippopotamus will do at the united states postal service, we deliver more online purchases to homes than
2:46 pm
anyone else in the country. and more hippopotamuses, too. ♪ so whatever your holiday priority, our priority is you.
2:47 pm
2:48 pm
yesterday president-elect trump held meetings with some very well-known members of the black community, including rapper kanye west. also ray lewis and jim brown. jim brown is hoping the trump administration will partner with his outreach program, amer-i-can which teaches skills to young
2:49 pm
people. >> he was knowledgeable and he gave me great respect. i was so encouraged because his aides, they get what i do and they have done their research. they understood it. >> the program. >> that's right. and they know that my big joy in life is to help people, to make a difference in this country. and not just talk about it. there are young black kids getting killed every day. the homicide rate is unreal, nobody is talking about it. >> so here we see a concentration on some of the people that donald trump was speaking about during the campaign when he talked about some hellish conditions in black america, specifically low income gangbanger and the type and here is real attention specifically to that point, eric, what do you think? >> i'm very hopeful because it seems like many of the african-americans who may not have liked donald trump, who after they meet him and spend some time with him, they feel better about the president-elect.
2:50 pm
jim brown, an american hero -- >> hall of famer. >> and the black ministers in michigan. remember when he went to meet them. and they're a bit hostile at first and they came out of those meetings and they seemed to be a lot more hopeful. that's important. >> dana, in fact ray lewis, the former baltimore ravens linebacker, hall of famer, i think, he said, you know what, black or white, doesn't matter. all these guys voted for hillary clinton. but he said it's about jobs. it's about economic development. he even pointed and said i don't see so many people talking about why black men are killing black men all over the place. >> i think one of the most hopeful cabinet posts has been betsy devos of michigan. juan, you know very well about improving schools through offering choice to parents. if she can help on that, i think it will be good. >> so greg, this is a putdown for ben carson? i thought he was going to be your top leading black figure on all issues. but now here comes jim brown, here comes ray lewis? >> i don't know. this is now day two of the new
2:51 pm
five-segment donald trump meets with a black american. hosted by juan williams, which is purely a coincidence. >> hating on his friends, the black man, dr. ben carson, and saying that he was an inappropriate pick. by the way, this ties in -- no, no, this ties in because dr. ben carson grew up in impoverished neighborhoods and was through education and the love of his mother become one of the top neurosurgeons in this country who's willing to be able to serve. he knows what it takes to get out of a community like that and what you need, and education, as dana said. and with the pick of betsy devos is part of the solution. >> who is he going to interview on day three? >> i don't know. maybe he'll ask omarosa to sit down and talk to her again. i don't know. i don't know. >> it's a great thing, though. >> i'm looking for my black. >> this is exactly what he should be doing, this is about unity. >> you've got to talk to black
2:52 pm
politicians and real civil rights leaders at some point. >> maybe he's following through on his promise. he said that he was actually going to do something to help the african-american community and blacks that are growing up in crime-ridden cities with poor education and no economic opportunities to be able to better themselves and the families because god knows they have relied on the democrats and look where that's gotten them. >> they helped elect him in michigan. heavy black percentages helped push him over the limit. >> lack of turnout in the black community helped him so i've got to go -- >> donald trump can only create so many jobs so i have to keep this one. one more thing up next.
2:53 pm
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
2:56 pm
time for one more thing. i'm going to start last night, if you missed it, the speech in wisconsin -- hey, by the way, if you think we're going to win, take a listen. >> our country is going to start winning again. we're going to win, we're going to win. we're going to win a lot. we're going to win so much, you're going to go to paul ryan and you're going to go, mr. speaker, please, ploease, we can't stand winning this much. i'll say, paul, i'm sorry, i'm sorry. you have to go back and tell them we're going to keep winning and winning and winning whether they like it or not. >> so what are we going to do?
2:57 pm
>> win! >> we're going to be winning. >> winning and winning. even you, juan. winning and winning. >> i think i got greg's stomach thing. >> it's a little lower. >> that was actually very funny, win, win, win. i love it. we won last night. we had the holiday party for "the five." everybody got together across the street, big bar up at the top. there was a neighboring party and they had a lot of loud music. there's eric and me. kimberly and i are tag teaming on this. there's amanda. so. >> so my favorite moment, dana, was when you and i were dancing and i was showing you how to shimmy and teaching you how to twerk and you were actually getting the hang of it by the end, right? and you kind of liked it. then you were doing it on your own. >> that's a cardboard cutout of me that you guys brought. >> and then, dana, you see there my posture. >> and then i tried to do some shot because i succumb to peer pressure but it didn't work because i was too short and it
2:58 pm
went up my nose and down my dress. >> it's a ski with four shots and so the shot goes -- >> i haven't done a shot in 25 years but i said fine, i'll do it but i didn't have to do it because i was so short. >> and greg left early. >> by the way, do you want to know why i had to leave early? because i had to do the o'reilly factor. i couldn't drink or enjoy myself. i had to do the owe ri'reilly f. why don't we throw to the clip of me on the o'reilly factor. >> all right, donald trump just starting his speech. is it gutfeld or trump, who should we go to? >> happy new year, but merry christmas. >> i'm so glad i did the o'reilly factor. >> that was your best appearance. >> i was prepared. >> hathat was the highest ratin >> and then you left the
2:59 pm
christmas party. >> i had explosive diarrhea. >> no, he says it on an e-mail. >> you asked for it. i'm on it. >> and then you blamed us and said we made you eat the snacks. >> i got food poisoning. >> lying, lying, lying greg. >> you know what, not everybody got to go to such a great christmas party, especially on a more somber note, children who are patients they children's hospital of philadelphia. but these kids are still having a merry christmas thanks to one thoughtful girl. jillian massey, who's been fighting brain cancer was strong enough to go home this christmas. she'll have to come back for more tests, but jillian knew not every child was not going to have a great holiday so at the hospital with the help of her mom she started a toy drive to make sure santa visits every child at the hospital. so far 1500 presents received via her facebook page. it's called jillian massey, you got this, girl. jillian also known as sassy
3:00 pm
massey is a remarkable child with great spirit. to her and all of her friends, we at "the five" hope you get better and have a merry christmas. >> that's it for us. special report coming up right now. what america is feeling in the first fox news polls since donald trump won the election. this is "special report." good evening and welcome to washington. i'm bret baier. americans have not yet made up their minds about what to think of president-elect donald trump. that is the takeaway from our brand new fox polls, our first survey since trump upset hillary clinton to win the white house. 59% say they are hopeful following the election but 31% believe donald trump's presidency will be one of the worst in history. the president-elect appears to be closing in

32 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on