Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  December 15, 2016 2:00pm-3:01pm PST

2:00 pm
donald trump. now, this will be called the turning point where not a one of them ended up budging. we will talk to an additional elector tomorrow who says that's exactly what's going to happen. see you then. hello, everyone. it's 5:00 in new york city. and this is "the five." the showdown over russia's alleged meddling in our country's election intensifies. yesterday, white house press secretary john ernest charged that president-elect trump knew before the election that russia was behind the series of hacks on democrats during the campaign. that claim was later dismissed by mr. trump's team. >> that sin credibkr is incredi disappointing. he stated that the president-elect had knowledge of
2:01 pm
this, maybe even fanned the flames. it's incredibly irresponsible. i wonder if his boss agrees. >> ernest fired back at the press briefing earlier. >> the republican nominee for president was encouraging russia to hack his opponent. mr. trump obviously knew that russia was engaged in malicious cyber activity that was helping him and hurting secretary clinton's campaign. it might be time to not attack the intelligence community but actually be supportive of a thorough, transparent, rigorous, non-political investigation into what exactly happened. >> so this intensifies the discussion about it and the allegations it seems that are without merit. >> a couple of very important things happened. the cia -- we will have a peter king shot in a minute.
2:02 pm
the cia refused to provide to a intel meeting tomorrow. it was behind closed doors. it was on the record but the house committee -- the intel committee wanted to know what evidence the cia had to prove that the claim that the hacking or -- the russian hacking affected the election. they didn't put someone forward. so they canceled the meeting. it's important. now there's more questions being raised if the cia does have the evidence, show us. especially when we have 50 or 55 electors who may want to see some of this evidence. apparently cia doesn't want to do it. now it's the russians. they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for excuses. they lost because hillary clinton was a flawed candidate. she came up with deplorables. by the way, obamacare happened at the same wrong time, the raise in the premiums. >> melissa, welcome. >> thank you. my question is -- if the
2:03 pm
russians did it, then what do we do about it? sitting there, they have the same evidence they did before. they said that there's nothing new. they put it all together and looked at it and feel like, yep, probably russia was behind this. not everyone agrees with that. but we have come to so many conclusions in the last eight years of thing pes people have done. and we do nothing about it. if you go back to president obama mocking mitt romney in the last set of debates saying the '80s called and they want their foreign policy back because mitt romney said vladimir putin was a real threat around the world. they haven't been taking russia seriously from the beginning. now all of a sudden, russia is the worst enemy in the world. get in line. there's a bunch of really bad guy out there, including russia, that we have let walk all over us. >> greg? >> i love it when people walk all over me. good for your back. >> that's different. >> the best part about this story is how it all began. it began as a vendetta against
2:04 pm
putin. putin was ticked off at hillary because hillary questioned the legitimacy of his election. what does he do? he undermines ours. the lesson here is, you don't mess with putin. it's like -- his response is so out of proportion to the slight. she says this thing. what does he do? he does this. if you eat his lunch from the work fridge, he will poison your family. that's what we know from putin. to your point, what does america do? america has to respond to this the same way they respond to terror. the greater goal is to prevent subversion of the system. you can't look at this as a partisan thing. it hurt hillary or it helped trump. you have to look as it as an american thing. best thing is a bipartisan investigation and increase our efforts at cyber security. we have to -- if we publically pick at this scab, that helps russia. if we eat each other, cannibalize each other, have these internal fights, that
2:05 pm
benefits russia and putin. the better thing is for us to work together and figure out what happened and move on from there. >> how about the fact that it's really irresponsible, echo kellyanne conway, for the obama administration to say president-elect trump knew specifically ahead of time that the russians were hacking and this was going on? that's a serious allegation, unfounded. it's irresponsible because it lacks any factual basis. >> can i offer a fact? >> i saw president-elect trump say, russia, go ahead, hack hillary clinton. that's what he said. >> that is not what he said. >> that's exactly what he said. >> i wonder if we can get -- >> deleted e-mails. >> he clearly -- i don't know what you are trying to do here. he was clearly in touch with the idea russia was hacking. >> do we know they hacked? >> here is what we know. in the last week, "the washington post" and "the new york times" have said the
2:06 pm
hacking was done to swing the election to trump. >> based on what? >> secondly -- can i finish? >> with no evidence of voter fraud. >> nbc and abc are saying that they have sources with direct access to the information that indicate that with a high level of confidence vladimir putin was involved. what you are saying about the congressional committee and how intel, they have been told by the director of national intelligence, we're still finishing up our report. we're not going to give you an interim report while things are not fully formed. we are going to wait until the end. >> that's not accurate. >> you have sources -- >> your claim is not accurate. the dni is doing an oversight on what the cia claims they have. >> it's more than cia. it's 17 intel agencies. >> no one has produced a shred of evidence. >> it's an attempt to undermine the election. >> what we are -- what you are -- >> the house intel committee
2:07 pm
would like to see. >> what you have is an overwhelming amount of conclusis. that's what you are up against. >> this is an attempt to try to undermine the election. >> to try to poe lit siliticize. >> some are fuming after the heads of the cia, the fbi and the director of national intelligence refuse to provide the latest information to congress about the alleged hacking. here is congressman peter king. >> this is disgraceful. all we heard from the intelligence community over the last several months is that they could not say that there was any attempt to undermine hillary clinton to help donald trump. the consensus was that there was an attempt by the russia sians put a cloud over the election. i don't think there's any conclusion that they're attempting to favor donald trump over hillary clinton. when they say the cia made this conclusion, who? there is someone there who is leaking this out.
2:08 pm
why didn't they tell the house intelligence committee? that's their obligation. >> melissa? >> he said that a cloud over this election. there were a ton of clouds over this election. coming from every different direction. all those e-mails that came out were e-mails that were actually written. then they were put out there in the public. that's not a good thing. juan, i don't understand what you want do about it. we see it right here, right now. someone who hated hillary clinton and was sympathetic to russia hacked the e-mails and released them to try to influence the election. what do you want to do, bomb russia? what do you want to do? we're trying to protect ourself against -- russia is hacking everything they can. so is korea. so is china. all of our enemies are trying to get into our computers all the time. can we move on to a solution? >> i'm glad you said it. i want to come to a point where i agree with you on something. let me say that what has become clear in recent days is that russia was able to hack into the
2:09 pm
rnc, did not do it. according to reince priebus, they never penetrated. had the capacity. then chose to go ahead, hack into -- >> what do you want do about it? >> spread that information at will. the evidence -- >> hang on. you can't make -- >> listen. there is evidence. if i was doing my -- it's not me. it's the intelligence community of our usa. the idea that you would say, suddenly this comes from the trump camp. they said there were weapons of mass destruction in iran. >> you are jumping to conclusions. >> no jumping. i'm telling you what -- >> there's not one shred of evidence tieing russia to a hacking into the dnc. >> that's what's coming. i want to get back to melissa. the point is that right now, the question is what do we do about it? i think it was clear they were going after hillary clinton and the democrats. i wish that president obama had been more effective and willing to stand up and point to the
2:10 pm
russians during this election and punish them. >> what do you want to do about it now? >> because they don't like the outcome and they had a horrible, corrupt candidate that was basically rejected by the majority of the country. >> there's not true. the majority voted for clinton. >> president-elect trump got 200 counties that barack obama did. and he outperformed the last two presidential candidates. there is zero evidence of voting fraud in this last u.s. presidential election. fact. >> how many millions of votes more did clinton get? >> can we cut the crap here? is it a coincidence the people that are mad trump won are screaming about this and the people that are happy trump won just want to move on? that's what we're watching for last ten minutes. people happy trump won are upset about an investigation. people who want trump to lose want an investigation. what i love is watching how -- what happened to the liberals who were so -- they were anti
2:11 pm
anti communist. they were the old communists of the last 40 years, are they all in the closet? they are so anti russian. it's so bizarre. we have switched sides. now the right embraces the russians and the left are condemning them. my shed head is going to explod >> please hold on to it. let's deal with facts. let's oversimplify by assuming statements made at this table are not based on fact. >> i'm going by experience. >> facts and specifics. >> i'm going by perience. >> facts and specifics and my cia sources. you will see. how is president-elect trump scoring with american vote sneakers we wivoters? we will reveal the results of a new poll next.
2:12 pm
2:13 pm
2:14 pm
2:15 pm
some fresh new fox news polls out today show a majority of american voters have low
2:16 pm
expectations for president-elect trump. just 11 people say he will be one of our country's greatest presidents. 31% say he will be one of the worst. by a 10% margin, more voters see the president-elect as a divider than a uniter. views on his cabinet picks, they are mixed. 44% approve, 46% disapprove. seems like bad news. but could it be an opportunity for the president-elect to prove everyone wrong once again and get things done? can he surpass expectations, kimberly? >> he has because he has done it over and over again. he was up against 16 people and it came down to him as the choice. everybody said he couldn't beat hillary clinton. and he did just that. so i would fully expect for him to exceed these low expectations that i think are not in keeping with what we have seen the president-elect do. he is somebody who has job experience, wants to boost the economy, wants to get the military back in a strong position, wants to repeal and
2:17 pm
replace obamacare. a lot of things he wants to do, including immigration, that the voters actually said they want to see happen. so, yeah, i think he will exceed expectati expectations. he is starting to with cabinet picks. >> this is the biggest hole a president-elect has been in in recent memory. go back to not only obama but president bush, george w. bush, look at president clinton, how do you understand what's going on here? >> they start in the hole. most of them end up at the highest approval rating as they are about to leave the white house. that's usually what happens. >> that's not true. >> bush did and -- clinton, bush and -- >> bush was down. >> obama is going out near high. >> he is at 57 at the moment. >> president-elect trump has gained 9% since the election on approval ratings. it's probably because what's going on in the economy. they see the -- people see jobs
2:18 pm
staying here. ibm announcing 25,000 jobs. other companies staying. i will tell what you will happen in maybe two weeks, two and a half weeks. people will open up their summary of their 401(k) and they will say, this is the best it has been in a long time. i think over time, i think donald trump -- hillary clinton was in just about the same disapproval over approval rating situation as well. either one of them were going to improve. >> usually what you see is that the person who has been elected has a honeymoon and everyone is rallying around them and there's a feel good jump on the bandwagon affect. >> not this time. to me, this is a little bit like when i have to leave the room and i leave the 6-year-old in charge. if i come back and she's in one piece, i'm ready to throw a parade. it's a huge victory. low expectations are a total gift. being underestimated is a gift. unless you really screw up and lose the baby, then you have --
2:19 pm
looks like you have done a really great thing. i don't know. i think this is a gift to him. i thought it was funny -- everybody voted for multiple terms, because up about at 50% or high 40s, hopeful, relieved, embarrassed, excited, empowered. that's a mix of emotions for people to have about an incoming president. >> what you see is usually right in the honeymoon period things get higher and traditionally the standard approval rating once they take office drops ten points and starts to go down. in this case, the hole is so deep that -- where is he going to go? >> beat low expectations. >> deep holes are great. everything great in life begins with low expectations. think about rocky. no one expected that movie to be any good. or aspirin. aspirin is great for everything. what about indoor plumbing? people go, that will never work. indoor plumbing, it's almost everywhere, including here. >> and the other one, "the
2:20 pm
five." >> i remember reviews were, i give it six weeks. remember "inside cable news" gave it that. what happened to that guy? he is homeless. i don't know that. you know what helps trump? is the thd, trump hysteria disorder. if you are constantly saying that something is evil and evil andevil, it's impossible for it to be actually that evil. so it can only be a pleasant surprise. i told this to my liberal friends, he is a centrist. you will be surprised. >> it's like dentist. you worry about it. >> and he give u.s you laughing gas. >> after you feel better. >> it's a great position for him to be in. >> like a trip to the dentist. >> are you telling me this is like a trip to the dentist? >> never as bad as you think it's going to be. >> juan is like chicken little. the sky is falling. >> if greg's head is going to
2:21 pm
explode, i want the pillow over my head. >> a lot of people do. >> up next, an update -- >> there's a big line at the deli for that one. >> a dire situation in syria. thousands being evacuated from aleppo. who is to blame for the humanitarian disaster there? more on that when we return. 'm t the hiker i was. i even accept i have a higher risk of stroke due to afib, a type of irregular heartbeat not caused by a heart valve problem. but no matter what path i take, i go for my best. so if there's something better than warfarin, i'll go for that too. eliquis. eliquis reduced the risk of stroke better than warfarin, plus had less major bleeding than warfarin. eliquis had both. don't stop taking eliquis unless your doctor tells you to, as stopping increases your risk of having a stroke. eliquis can cause serious and in rare cases fatal bleeding. don't take eliquis if you have an artificial heart valve or abnormal bleeding. while taking eliquis, you may bruise more easily... and it may take longer than usual
2:22 pm
for any bleeding to stop. seek immediate medical care for sudden signs of bleeding, like unusual bruising. eliquis may increase your bleeding risk if you take certain medicines. tell your doctor about all planned medical or dental procedures. i'm still going for my best. and for eliquis. ask your doctor about eliquis.
2:23 pm
what makesheart healthysalad the becalifornia walnuts.r? the best simple veggie dish ever? heart healthy california walnuts. the best simple dinner ever? heart healthy california walnuts. great tasting, heart healthy california walnuts. so simple. get the recipes at walnuts.org.
2:24 pm
our progressive direct rate... we let you compare great deals for reals! ...and our competitors' rates side-by-side, so you know you're getting a great deal. saving the moolah. [ chuckles ] as you can see, sometimes progressive isn't the lowest.
2:25 pm
not always the lowest! jamie. what are you doing? -i'm being your hype man. not right now. you said i was gonna be the hype man. no, we said we wouldn't do it. i'm sorry, we were talking about savings. i liked his way. cha-ching! talking about getting that moneeeey! talking about getting that moneeeey! savings worth the hype. now that's progressive. now an update on the humanitarian crisis in syria. evacuations have begun as thousands of trapped civilians and fighters try to leave the war torn city of aleppo. a cease-fire appears to be holding for now. but much of the eastern aleppo has been reduced to rubble. children from the only orphanage left standing in the ravaged city recorded this video message. pleading for help. local residents share their heartbreaking stories. >> i moved to here because that will be safer to me and i can
2:26 pm
live as free person and help my people. unlike my last free days. >> militias are maybe 300 meters away. no place to go. i hope you can do something for the people. >> to everyone who can hear me, we are here exposed to a genocide in aleppo. this may be my last video. no light, every bomb. >> the u.s. ambassador to the u.n. slammed syria's president for creating this dire situation. >> to the assad regime, russia and iran, your forces and proxies are carrying out these crimes. your barrel bombs and mortars and air strikes have allowed the militia to encircle tens of thousands of civilians in your ever tightening noose. it's your noose.
2:27 pm
are you truly incapable of shame? is there literally nothing that can shame you? >> juan, i will start with you. it's amazing to watch. i mean, it's heartbreaking. a lot of talk in every direction. no one doing anything. >> right. i think the l.a. times got it right. they had an editorial this morning. it's a stain on the world's conscience. i think it's particularly a stain on america's conscience because of our inaction. we have not been key players here. the contrary response is, yes, russia and iran have been the key players because they see a military interest. the united states -- there's so many moments at which i thought we could have taken a stand and failed to do so. now i just want to say one last thing before you go, that in this christmas season to see these videos of the children, there's one where a child is talking about being trapped in an underground orphanage and says i just want toive like every other child.
2:28 pm
it's just heartbreaking. >> absolutely heartbreaking, stunning picture s coming out o there. i don't agree with you. if you believe what you just said, president obama is the cause then, is the reason some of the pictures we are seeing what we see, he is the one who drew the chemical red line. they were the ones who violated the chemical red line. that was the opportunity to take action against syria and russia wouldn't have been able to do what they are doing right now. i don't believe that. that's not my would say that wo response to you. i believe samantha power is right. diplomatic power, sanctions are right, humanitarian aid is right. i'm not in the camp that says we need to send military aid there. >> i agree with that. >> you said we had a chance. >> let greg talk. >> i think it's obama's fault. i think his foreign policy was legacy. this is all about the iran deal. he didn't want to screw up the iran deal. right? >> that's true.
2:29 pm
>> he didn't want to put any bodies in there. i believe that if you believe in human rights, you have to walk the walk. you can't say, poor, poor people, but we can't help you. we have to help you. i do believe that this is part and parcel, a single minded obsession with legacy that prevented our action. we look at this no but it's le we sit there we go well, lucky it ain't us, we were born here. >> listen, this is a stain on president obama's legacy. this has his dna all over it. he had a choice and a chance to make a difference, to prevent this horrible humanitarian crisis. this is an example that you are looking at right there of his feckless foreign policy, his inability to act that has resulted in needless, defenseless humanitarian violations and genocide. nobody should feel comfortable as you look at those images and you see these videos of what's happening there in aleppo and the loss of life and children being massacred and murdered ed
2:30 pm
orphanages being hit. we could have and should have done something about it. he cares more about doing deals with state sponsors of terrorism and iran than he cares about -- >> we should basically start -- get involved in another war? >> i agree with you on that. >> he stood up and said, everybody is willing to come to the table in geneva except for assad. that was his address from the state department saying during the cease-fire he is trying to get everyone together to sit down for the first time in five years and the international community has to put pressure on everyone involved to get together and sit down at one table. this cease-fire could turn into the end of the whole thing. >> dana is not here today but you know what she would say. she would say, we didn't solve it at the source which causes the migration chaos hwhich is destroying europe. we are going to deal with this problem whether we like it or not. >> it was our problem and it still is. you see it manifesting
2:31 pm
throughout europe and the problems they are having. ask angela merkel and the rest of tm suffering from the migrant problem. >> that was uplifting. new details about the story of a muslim teen who says she was attacked by trump supporters. there's a major update that has greg very fired up. stay tuned.
2:32 pm
when a moment spontaneously turns romantic, why pause to take a pill? or stop to find a bathroom? cialis for daily use is approved to treat both erectile dysfunction and the urinary symptoms of bph, like needing to go frequently, day or night. tell your doctor about all your medical conditions and medicines, and ask if your heart is healthy enough for sex. do not take cialis if you take nitrates for chest pain, or adempas for pulmonary hypertension, as it may cause an unsafe drop in blood pressure. do not drink alcohol in excess. side effects may include headache, upset stomach, delayed backache or muscle ache. to avoid long-term injury, get medical help right away for an erection lasting more than four hours. if you have any sudden decrease
2:33 pm
losin hearing or vision, or any symptoms of an allergic reaction, stop taking cialis and get medical help right away. ask your doctor about cialis and a $200 savings card. seconds can mean the difference between life and death. for partners in health, time is life. we have 18,000 people around the world. the microsoft cloud helps our entire staff stay connected and work together in real time to help those that need it. the ability to collaborate changes how we work. what we do together changes how we live.
2:34 pm
announcement: thisbiggest of the decade.the with total accumulation of up to three feet. roads will be shut down indefinitely. and schools are closed. campbell's soups go great with a cold and a nice red. made for real, real life.
2:35 pm
the nypd hate crime unit is asking for help. three men followed the victim around 10:00 thursday evening. they allegedly started taunting her by saying, you don't belong here and saying donald trump's name. police say they tried to yank the hijab off her head. people we spoke with said they were disgusted by the story.
2:36 pm
>> i think everyone's religious beliefs should be respected. no matter where you come from. especially in new york being such a diverse city. this should never happen. >> don't worry, dude, it didn't happen. the whole thing was a hoax. initially, the 18-year-old claimed she was attacked by evil male trump supporters. it was so bad, she had to write about it on facebook. it reeked of bs because it was. check out the latest headline. woman arrested for allegedly making up story of ny subway attack by trump supporters. let's compare that to the first headline of the incident. drunk men yelling donald trump attempt toremove woman's hijab. notice what's missing? no allegedly in the original headline. buzzfeed was among many who
2:37 pm
bought this hook, line and stinker. they suspended skepticism and they enabled a lie. what's even worse, she claimed there were so many witnesses but none of them helped. she didn't just waste valuable police time, she smeared an entire city. how stupid must a reporter be to not even question that lie, that no one helped or even took pictures with their camera phone? we at fox, we chased this story. we called the cops. we checked it out. shame on you for not doing the same thing. as for her, everybody will say she has issues. so does the media who make the hoaxes an easy path for attention, even now when reporting this lie, they still claim it's an exception among real attacks, which is another lie. that's our media who take fiction as fact because it fits their assumptions. it's a hate crime against all of us.
2:38 pm
>> you know what drives me nuts? >> every day, the list is getting long. >> i take the subway every morning. people would have acted up. that was the tell that it was false. >> people would have taken video. that's what we do. we don't necessarily help or get out there. you get out your camera and start taking video. you saw in one of the pictures that showed her, her head is shaved now. she said her family shaved her head because of what she had done. i don't know. who knows what's going on in this girl's house, teenage girl? >> that's assault. if your parents shave your head, that's muslim on muslim crime. that's what she's calling attention to. not trump supporter crime. if her parents forcibly shaved her head, that's actually a hate crime. >> i mean, we don't know what
2:39 pm
the truth is with any of this. now she's not wearing the hijab. she's showing her shaved head. this may be a woman with serious psychological problems. what we know is the other side has serious psychological problems is the dishonest media. who is putting forward a story like this when thisoman said that this happened to her because they want -- this is the story that they want to be put forward. this comports with what they believe and what they want to put forward. they have been consistent doing this over and over and over again. that's why you have to check your facts. >> eric, i know technically when you are 18, you are a teen. but i think if she was doing something else -- if she wasn't a victim, they would describe her as a young woman. because she's a victim of trump supporters, she's a teen. >> the bias even in that. fits the narrative. "rolling stone" remember that? it fit the narrative that they didn't fact check whether the
2:40 pm
students were being raped or the accusations. here it is again. if it fits the narrative, apparently fact checking -- you go easier on the fact checking. >> you know why it is? this is the argument. even if one of them is false, if one of the stories is false, it's got to be true somewhere. so that's okay. >> here is the thing. i think -- you said before, people will say she's troubled. kimberly says she looks like she has issues. then i saw in the paper -- >> perhaps. >> i have issues. >> but you are one of us. then i saw in the paper it said that her older brother also made up an incident a while back. >> the sister is anti-trump. >> what is going on? i will say this. i disagree about the larger pattern here. i saw a video, to pick up on melissa's point, where a guy on an airplane -- i think it was delta is screaming nasty stuff. >> saw that. >> i don't know if he was drunk. he was calling names, calling
2:41 pm
people all this. >> there are drunk people on planes all the time. i am one of them. >> you are compromised in more than one way. i sat next to you. >> according to law enforcement, they say there has been a spike in anti-muslim violence. >> exactly what you said. >> it doesn't matter if it's fake. somewhere it will happen. >> i don't get your point. >> the point was, because -- >> because this is fake all are fake? >> when you get nailed, they say, this could be happening. >> there's a spike. >> it's not probably. this is what -- >> they are not being questioned by the media. they are going, over here, look at this. nobody looks at it. >> law enforcement agencies across the country tally -- that's what this story says. >> when they investigate, this is what happens. >> they won't call it out now. you read in your monologue, they are saying allegedly who made it up. come on, we know the truth is out.
2:42 pm
she faked it. >> don't go anywhere. the fastest seven up next. if you're going to wish, wish big at the lexus december to remember sales event get up to $2500 customer cash on select 2016 and 2017 models for these terms. see your lexus dealer. and my brother ray and i started searching for answers. (vo) when it's time to navigate in-home care, follow that bright star. because brightstar care earns the same accreditation as the best hospitals. and brightstar care means an rn will customize a plan that evolves with mom's changing needs.
2:43 pm
(woman) because dad made us promise we'd keep mom at home. (vo) call 844-4-brightstar for your free home care planning guide.
2:44 pm
2:45 pm
2:46 pm
welcome back. time for the fastest seven minutes on television. three alluring stories, seven minutes, one host. winning? we're going to win so much your head will spin. we will get tired of winning. donald trump is a fan of winning. some hollywood celebrities want to stop him from doing it. >> as you know, our founding fathers built the electoral college to safeguard the american people from the dangers of a demagogue. >> an eminent who is highly qualified for the job. >> you and 36 our republican electors can make a difference. >> by voting your conscience on december 19. >> gregory, wouldn't the eminent degree required qualifications
2:47 pm
be the votes? >> yes. getting political advice from martin sheen is like getting std advise from his son. celebrity videos, i call them opposite influencers. you are only helping trump. people hear this and it turns them off. >> you are part of the world. former part of the world. >> martin sheen played my dad in a movie one. he is a lovely human being. i don't want to say anything mean against him. i don't know if it's going to work. he is lovely. >> juan? >> they have fewer people to convince. 538? >> right. >> the question is -- they have some electors who are called the hamilton group or whatever after alexander ham iilton who are trying to lead this. >> i think they have one republican so far. your thoughts on this? >> i mean, if it makes them feel better and it feels like you can sleep better at night, enjoy yourself.
2:48 pm
>> stay right there. this one is good. arnold schwarzenegger is the new chairman of the boardroom at "celebrity apprentice." since he can't use you're fired, what will arnold use? >> it could be, you're terminated. or hasta la vista, baby, or hit the road, or consider this a divorce or get to the chopper. it could be any of those things. >> which one is your favorite? >> i love arnold. i'm looking forward to watching this. this is a great show. he will do a superb job. it was a very good choice. big shoes to fill. let's see how he keeps the brand goingforward. >> which one do you like? >> i like hasta la vista. >> me, too. that's cute. >> knowing about arnold schwarzenegger, i don't know him personally, the idea he said the divorce one, i think, he has been through -- >> that's a rough one.
2:49 pm
>> i think he should stay away from that one. >> hasta la vista, yeah, i love that one. >> a crowd favorite. >> do you have another one? >> i was trying to think of one. i wish he had linda hamilton on. it could be a terminator theme. they have to run through the city. >> you have weird dreams. >> i'm looking forward to this. >> how about this finally, the story we have covered here over and over. driverless cars and yesterday, uber launched a self-driving service in san francisco. as you can see from this, it didn't go as planned. take a look. the volvo on the right was caught jumping a red light and almost hit a pedestrian. get this, uber claimed the operator was driving. not driverless. >> it's human error. machines are better drivers and will eliminate the 38,000 --
2:50 pm
there were 38,000 deaths in 2015, 8% increase. what we're doing -- the irony is we will report on little things. but we don't report on the 38,000 deaths. they are going to be reduced. we will deal with flaws here and there. it's the giant arrow's fault. >> there will be some deaths associated with driverless cars. we know this. it's a testing period. as greg points out that far fewer will happen with driverless cars. >> so we should expect collateral damage in the form of roadkill? i don't know. i feel safer in a new york city cab. >> you are crazy. you are nuts. >> you know how -- when the family -- when somebody gets elderly and you say take away the car keys? they refuse because they want control. they want to know that they are able to steer and manipulate.
2:51 pm
they think they are great. the fact is, they're not. i'm just -- i don't want to be in a driverless car. i will feel like i'm out of control. i feel like i'm out of control in elevators. >> that's a good comparison. >> can i ask a question? if you have a driverless car driving around, do you pay car insurance? >> i don't -- that's a really interesting question. the owner of the car still has to pay car insurance. they talked about who would be liable if there was an accident. it was still the person who owned the car. somebody got pulled over in a driverless car. the car was going too slow and they came up to give the driverless car a ticket. that happened in san francisco. for me, it would be an improvement. the data indicates i'm not a great driver. he left my car at home this week. >> juan said though is, you have stumbled blindly into the truth. people were so scared of taking elevators, that that's why they had -- they would have somebody in the elevator doing nothing,
2:52 pm
because it made people feel better. >> you can't collide with other elevators. there's nobody walking underneath. >> electric cars freak me out. keyless cars freak me out. >> elevators fall. >> i got locked in an elevator. >> if i'm this having a few extra eggnogs, get in the back of a driverless car -- >> there's going to be more drunks. >> they say you are supposed to take over. >> fighting in the back of the car. >> one more thing next.
2:53 pm
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
2:56 pm
it's time for one more thing. it's time for kimberly's dating tips. so sorry, you are not part of that. this is very interesting. let's talk about science, shall we? let's talk about healthy relationships and what can make you healthier and happier at home. for this, we don't go to this country for some reason. i don't know why. we go to the researchers in london. from the london school of economics and 200,000 people around the world that they asked about different life events. they had them rank happiness on a scale of one through ten. here is what didn't make people happy. doubling in salary, it boosted
2:57 pm
happiness by the tiniest bit. having a partner raised happiness by nearly a full point. losing a partner reduced happiness by the same amount showing that i think money can't buy you love and/or happiness. what do you think about that? >> it can buy you love by the hour. >> once again, ruining my one more thing. i mean, okay. wow. >> thank you for that. >> thanks for that personal experience. >> i'm going to drink my coffee. >> greg, i think you used up your time as well. >> quickly then -- robot news. as you know about robots, they're not going to just take over the world by being ugly and mean. they're going to be adorable. they're going to be cute. this came from peggy. you turn it on. see how cute it is? you will have it at home. it will be around the house.
2:58 pm
it's going to fall over. that's me usually. anyway -- >> you don't know how to work this. >> tell me about it. the robot as well. my point is, it will end up in your home. they will download your information and they will join together and destroy you. of course he runs to kimberly. >> this is what happens. >> does it have a camera? >> yeah. you can take that home. >> you want a kiss? >> thank you, peggy. >> there you go. he doesn't want to go back to you. let me restart his robot heart. >> that's not how it works. >> whatever. >> very quickly, try something new. i post aed a question on twitte. will be on answering. the question today is, who do you think lost the election for hillary? was it the russians? was it hillary herself?
2:59 pm
take your -- if you put it on here, you might be on air tomorrow. >> juan? >> as you know, mailboxes flood with christmas cards this time of year. one caught my eye. check it out. here is the back story. ashley is in colorado springs with her four children. her husband in the air force deployed in iraq. ashley came up with a great idea. she photo shopped him into the family christmas card creating a group shot. he got a friend to take a picture in iraq. ashley's mom took pictures of her and the kids in colorado. >> i love this. >> what you see, a group shot. brandon, he gets to come home in january. god bless. >> thank him and his family for the service. >> really quick, it's almost christmas and you always open up a gift that you didn't want. burger king solved it. you can swap it for a whopper. it's genius. it's in miami beach, florida. you can take a picture and hash
3:00 pm
tag it. >> what if your gift is two whoppers? >> you lose. >> set your dvr. "special report" is next. syria's president calls it an historic event comparable to the birth of christ. government forces retake aleppo and the evacuation of the battered and broken survivors begins. the u.s. meantime calls it a massacre. this is "special report." good evening, welcome to washington. it's a watershed moment in the syrian civil war. the government of syrian president assad is once again in control of the rebellion's most important strong hold. hundreds of thousands of civilians have been killed since the beginning of the war in

53 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on