Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  December 20, 2016 2:00pm-3:01pm PST

2:00 pm
it immediately neutralizes acid and only gaviscon helps keep acid down for hours. for fast-acting, long-lasting relief, try doctor-recommended gaviscon. hello, i'm eric bolling along with dana perino, kim guilfoyle, juan williams and greg gutfeld and this is "the five." a massive manhunt is under way for the person responsible for the attack in berlin. a driver plowed through a crowded christmas market killing 12 and injuring 50 others. the man they initially had in custody was released due to inadequate evidence. president-elect trump said, "isis and other islamist terrorists continually slaughter
2:01 pm
christians in their communities and places of worship as part of their global jihad. these terrorists and their regional worldwide group needs to be eradicated." >> the front line in this war is when you leave your house in the morning, whether you're going to a christmas party in san bernardino or a marine corps fun run in new jersey. this isn't world war ii. it's not far away, so the trench in the middle of know where. it is right here in america and in europe and all americans need to be aware. >> i kid you, one of the other startling things that president-elect donald trump used those words that the white house has failed to use for eight years, islamic terrorists. >> and what are we so afraid of? how can you fight terror if you can't apply it to the exact
2:02 pm
terror being committed? there's been a disconnect and it's been felt in our intelligence community and among the men and women who serve abroad working on this each and every day and the special forces unit and the operators there trying to make this happen. so this is something that is very sad to see this during the christmastime and the specific targets here of all of the different aspects of what's gone on. and you see really just a drastic position between president-elect trump's approach and the approach for the last eight years of barack obama's administration. >> isis very quickly took responsibility for it. do we believe it's an isis inspired terrorist? >> i'll let the government tell us that but i think isis is basically claiming responsibility for it even if they didn't know because what we know from some of these terrorists that have struck when acting alone, they were radicalized somehow online.
2:03 pm
i don't think there are phone calls or direct reports saying go and do this at this particular berlin market. what they have said is basically let yourselves go out there and be the terrorists that you can be, wherever you are, with whatever you can use at the time. in this case, it happened to be a truck. and beyond the rhetoric, i also think that the change that the next administration has the opportunity to do is to start a conversation with the western civilized world and even in the region, to say, we have been avoiding dealing with the core radicalization aspect of the problem of isis. we have been trying to shrink their territory and i think they have been successful there. but those military solutions are not dealing with the core radicalization aspect and until the world decides that we are going to do that and put resources and muscle behind it, i don't think this is going to stop because you can use a weapon with anything that's
2:04 pm
around that is available to you to attack groups of people in order to go christmas shopping. >> nypd stepping up their measures in new york, chicago, l.a., five or six other studies say they are steps up and warning their citizens to be careful. >> that's because terrorists are -- they have the luxury of all the time in their lifetimes to think of innovative ways to kill us. that's not just their hobby. that's their vocation. passenger hijacks plane, steers into building. passenger or person hijacks truck, steers it into the market. they just adjusted what they normally do because they can't do what they did before. what's comically predictable, they are more interested in backlash that takes precedent over the bloodbath of people complaining about it. but you have to realize, what do
2:05 pm
you do? terror isn't state versus state. you have to realign your thinking and you're thinking people who think a worldwide apocalypse is preferable of being alive. it's all based on their idea of heaven. that's the core idea, the root cause. the root cause is not american imperialism. it's if you do this act, you go to heaven and we have nirvana. we have to go after that idea and destroy that idea and we destroy them. >> the white house failing to use islamic terror for the last eight years, it's a tired argument. president obama said, okay, let's use the language. does that change any of the realities on the ground? does that change our strategy? does that put more people in the fight? no. >> but your argument could be used in reverse. then do it. >> no, because in reverse what
2:06 pm
it does is it says -- and this is not only president obama but you've seen republicans say this as well, it would in fact then say to people in the larger muslim world, this is a western -- >> i don't care how people take our argument because the fact is they shouldn't be dictating how we think. so what if it helps kill isis. >> we're talking about who are we fighting. >> don't upset them. >> that's not my point. in fact, if we could aggravate, irritate, elevate, get them out of here, i'm all for it. the question is about the larger muslim world, which is a huge world and actually we want their cooperation inviting isis. >> then why not a group that are the islamic terror? let the rest of the greater group say those are the bad guys.
2:07 pm
>> they are. >> we have a name on them. >> no, we don't. i don't think this is the point. allow me to make the point that i think is on the table here today, which is that i think this is an argument over refugees. and -- >> can we do that? >> i'll let you do this because this is actually topical. there are initial reports that it was a refugee from pakistan but it's still not clear who is responsible. the state department, however, keeps downplaying the threat. >> before we start, you know, getting way ahead of ourselves on refugee policy, we need to let the investigation take its course. look, here in the united states, we have been very, very careful about the vetting and the introduction of refugees into this country. less than 1% of the refugees that we've taken in over the last 20 to 30 years have had to leave the country for violent
2:08 pm
behavior, whether it was extremism or not. >> some would push back on that. >> tell me. >> that the refugee program is not going to be a problem. >> it hasn't been a problem so far, so the question is this. you see in germany where merkel, by theway, is up for re-election and the far right are saying these are merkel dead, which is a blood -- oh, my god, they are blaming merkel for what happened yesterday. we do know that the suspect was released and he was a pakistani who came in late last year. we don't know what the real suspect is so far and i think that's why we are right to be cautious. >> k.g., let me bring in dana. 760 or 780,000 of the 1.4 million refugees that europe has taken in have gone through germany. >> i think that's a conversation worth having but not necessarily directly related to the conversation we're talking about in berlin.
2:09 pm
i think admiral kirby was right. i can agree there might be problems with the vetting and syrian refugees. we can agree with that. but until we know, if they arrested -- if they brought the pakistanis in and said this isn't the right guy, what if we find out it's an american citizen who was self-radicalized and that gets back to my point that until you dear with the core radicalization issue, you are basically doing that whole saying of this is exactly what isis wants. this conversation about what to call them and talking about syrian refugees, this is what isis wants because it prevents us from coming together to figure out a way to deal with radicalization on a wholesale basis. >> nobody wants to talk about what causes radicalization because it affects all religions, saying that it's a better place than this is what leads to that. by the way, the political ping-pong that you see is, the left says it's anything but islamic in origin and the right
2:10 pm
will use it for anti-immigration policies. the problem is, you can be somewhere in the middle there maintaining your nation's security, if anybody portrays maintaining your security as intolerant, that is a risk. it is not bigoted to want to have a safe country, to want to have strong borders or extreme vetting. >> k.g., isis has been listening to what they recommend. >> in their literature and online. >> they said infiltrate. >> but sadly we don't want to take them to their word and they are doing it. they are doing what they say despite people not wanting to believe that intelligence that we're getting. we saw it evidenced here and the reason why the far right in germany are upset is because of this open door migrant policy until 2015 letting in over a million migrants and this is
2:11 pm
juxtapose what president-elect trump is saying, let's be compassionate and humanitarian but let's not make it easy for terror to funnel through our country. >> my point that i brought up is, look, this is an argument being introduced into the american conversation about refugees. we're using the german incident. there have been several incidents. they haven't had mass attacks but several incidents, the one in new year's eve, a group of refugees who assaulted women. >> also crime. >> let me finish my point. >> refugees from syria that went through. >> i'm talking about what happened in germany specifically here. i think americans, especially americans who were opposed to the immigration policies of president obama and, by the way, as k.g..ed out, germany has let in about a million. the united states, less than 10,000 and still you have people in the united states saying this is terrible. the front page of the "new york times" this week, a wonderful story about a syrian girl in
2:12 pm
canada and all of the support and normalization, how you get people to asimulate. united states, we have money put in and we do vetting and yet we say we are a beacon to the world. we will take in your tired and oppressed and that's the best of america. >> and now you're radicalized. however, this is a new world. the battlefield is earth. you can't say it's the same as it was in the 1700s and 1800s. >> people during world war ii said the same thing about jews. >> right. but it wasn't americans who were saying that. >> yeah. we didn't let holocaust people -- we don't know who is coming in here. >> okay. now i realize how you screwed me up here. you were comparing victims of the holocaust to radical extremists. >> no. no. most of the people fleeing syria are not radical extremists. >> we're trying to stop radical
2:13 pm
extremists. >> and you're comparing that to me saying no to jews. >> we don't know who some of these people are, juan, because there are not sufficient means to be able to specify who should come. >> there are some of these refugees who have committed terror. we know that for a fact. >> and maybe they are 9 and grow up to be self-kradicalized. the crux of the issue is radicalization. >> how in the world can you compare refugees who some have been radicalized to holocaust survivors? >> i think he made a good point, a historical point about arguments made about groups of refugees that over the years that have come through that usually excuses are made or -- >> you can't compare the two because among the jews fleeing,
2:14 pm
the radical extremists -- >> and i agree with that, too. he was making a historical comparison. >> which is incorrect. >> and the irish and italians when they were coming in in waves. >> we always make fun of our immigrants. >> you know where i'm going on this. two different situations. >> all right. we'll leave it right there. next, a russian ambassador is assassinated at an art exhibition by a gunman yelling allah al bakr. russia vows revenge. ♪ (woman) one year ago today mom started searching for her words.
2:15 pm
and my brother ray and i started searching for answers. (vo) when it's time to navigate in-home care, follow that bright star. because brightstar care earns the same accreditation as the best hospitals. and brightstar care means an rn will customize a plan that evolves with mom's changing needs. (woman) because dad made us promise
2:16 pm
we'd keep mom at home. (vo) call 844-4-brightstar for your free home care planning guide. (vo) it's the holidays at verizon, and the best deals are on the best network. with no surprise overages, you can use your data worry free and even carry over the data you don't use. and right now get four lines and 20 gigs for only $40 per line. you'll even get the iphone 7, the samsung galaxy s7, the pixel phone by google, or the motoz droid absolutely free. hurry, these offers end soon. get the best deals and the best network, only on verizon.
2:17 pm
welcome back to "the five." a police officer assigned to
2:18 pm
protect the russian ambassador assassinated him. he was heard shouting, "don't forget aleppo" as he murdered andrei karlov. he was killed by the police. russia has vowed revenge. john bolton thinks that putin has some ulterior motives as well. >> the russians will kill somebody. they may kill several people and this is what the kremlin calls crossing a red line. i think putin is already using this to bring turkey closer to russia. he said it was perhaps a provocation by some. this was a strategic move by putin to slice turkey away from nato and get russia closer to an objective. putin knows exactly what he's doing and will use this tragedy. he'll get his revenge against the terrorist but he'll use this
2:19 pm
as part of the larger game. >> i think john bolton is exactly right. greg, the only reason that we have that video is because we have a reporter there who shot the whole thing. whether you want to watch it or not, at least there was somebody there. >> you know, we always bash the media but boy, man, to stay there and take those pictures and documenting that act. and that will be -- these images will be the iconic images, a pulitzer and one of those things that you always remember but i don't know. i feel like this is not our fight. you know what i mean? i think that this is something that's going on with these people that i don't know. the cops from turkey, they are gulenist supporters of some guy who lives in pennsylvania. this stuff is so strange. there's a population of 1100 and
2:20 pm
a muslim cleric that a lot of these guys worship and the only thing i know about sailorsville, lake side restaurant has great food. >> gulen was the one that turkey said was the cause of the coup last year and now what turkey is saying is, oh, this assassination, even though he said allah akbar like other terrorists do, the russians are likely to go along with it because their long-term strategic interests are in the pipeline. >> it all comes back to oil. that leads you to the conclusion. and that's a great motivator for someone like putin and what he wants to achieve as his long-term goals and objectives in that region. he wants to bring turkey closer to him as a strategic ally for a
2:21 pm
lot of reasons that are important to have that kind of positioning in the region. it's a big problem for the united states. so it's something that we should be concerned with from a national security perspective. it matters very much here, the play that russia is making. they have already made inroads in syria and those are big power moves that we've seen with iran, russia and now this will have far-reaching implications. >> and juan, i think this will fall to president-elect trump because with the turks have wanted since last year is the extradition of gulen and if they side with turkey on that and it increases the pressure, that could be one of the first international issues that trump has to deal with. >> wow, that would be something if we start conceding to the wishes of a foreign leader in this matter. because at this point, he's an american citizen.
2:22 pm
>> we have held back on extraditing them. >> we'll see. >> what interests me is that so much of the syrian conflict has dominated the two top blocks of our show. this is another cause of what the assassin said, a week ago the russians were involved in what the u.s. ambassador to the united nations and the russians and syrians, president assad forces, do you have any shame? so we have the turks on the one side of the border and they are attacking isis forces. meanwhile, russia and assad are there and they are attacking rebel forces fighting assad and the turks and russians were at odds and now we have putin taking advantage of the situation to try to get himself closer to the thank you, and the
2:23 pm
ambition of the russians is to get the turkish government on their side. >> and away from nato. >> our new posture is to call it for what it is. if they say it was a terrorist and connected to isis somehow but the turks and russians want to go a dinner direction, what kind of position does that put the united states in? >> let me ask juan, what happened when president obama sanctioned the drone strike that killed awlaki? it's not unprecedented if we turn over goulan. >> what has he done? >> here's the point. he's not an american citizen, as far as i know. >>. >> i don't think so. >> he won't be in pennsylvania forever. >> that becomes a diplomatic situation. >> i told you it was confusing
2:24 pm
from the beginning. >> we should go to a commercial. >> let me see if i can bring this down to what is in it for both sides. actually, all three sides. russia, what's in it for them, they get turkey out of nato. they want to break nato up. they hate nato and for obvious reasons. nato is on many of their borders. they also get an oil customer. turkey gets an absolute supply of oil that they desperately need. and you need turkey in nato and an ally versus becoming very, very close to russia. >> it's complicated. >> it is. >> we didn't get to talk about president obama drilling in -- >> russia tampering in hillary's election? >> i don't know. why would you say so? >> we were so close. >> some democrats still don't seem to be learning a lesson following the election. who bill clinton is blaming now for his wife's loss. that's next.
2:25 pm
2:26 pm
2:27 pm
2:28 pm
democrats tried their hardest to get members of the electoral college to vote for clinton instead of president-elect trump. they failed miserably. the clintons, meanwhile, are still blaming everyone but themselves for the defeat.
2:29 pm
here was president clinton yesterday. >> i've never cast a vote i was prouder of. you know, i've watched her work for two years, i've watched her battle through that bogus e-mail deal, be vindicated again when secretary powell came out, she prevailed against it all but, you know, then there was the russians and the fbi deal, which she couldn't prevail against that. she did everything else. >> the president-elect tweeting in response, "bill clinton stated that i called him after the election. wrong. he called me with a very nice congratulations. he doesn't know much, especially now how to get people, even with an unlimited budget, to get people out to vote. they focused on wrong states." greg? >> i think we need a recount of the electoral college. i can't help but think that the cold water yesterday hammered the voting effort.
2:30 pm
i think we need to reschedule it for sometime in may. it's time for bill and hillary to retire. she can run a b & b and she can chase t & a. >> really? rethinking the decision to go to you. >> travel and entertainment. >> travel and aftertainment. >> don't worry, "special report" will be on in 30 minutes and you can put your brain back together. dana? >> i think trump's response was very good and it's a shame because you have these calls after the election. there were calls. and if we really want to, we can find out who called who and at what time. there would be records of that. we can see that if anybody wanted to put it out there. it's also interesting to watch the clintons try to figure out how do they salvage the family legacy. what is the story line? what's the headline? what's the lead that they want
2:31 pm
at the end of their lives to be about what they were able to accomplish or not in america. so i think that is going to be interesting to watch. >> and now former president bill clinton admits that he did in fact call president-elect trump. glad we solved that. no hacking needed. we got the truth. >> i will note that bill clinton in that sound bite you rolled blamed the bogus e-mail scandal, blamed james comey for her loss. it's over. and then the recount in wisconsin, widened trump's lead from jill stein's recount initiative and then the push by the never trumpers to get the electoral college to somehow not verify donald trump's victory actually turned out to be a wider margin of victory for donald trump. she lost five votes. he lost two. >> so she lost again. >> can i add one thing? bill clinton after the election,
2:32 pm
his people told the press that it was bill clinton who said, hillary, you are not focusing enough on the key swing states and on rednecks like me. that's the actual quote he said on tape. so it's interesting to see him on the record blaming everyone else but on the scene he claims the campaign. >> are you sure he didn't vote for trump? >> a deplorable. >> normally you can look across the table and say, hmm, this is race. and now you're saying it was -- i don't know. by the way, the most interesting part to me was that somebody said, you know, should president obama have a recess appointment to put hillary clinton on the supreme court? this was the argument about the clinton legacy. >> can you imagine? >> and, of course, the answer was, no, she wouldn't want the gig but it was interesting. >> she would take it in a
2:33 pm
second. >> she would definitely take it. >> but why would they do that? that's insane. >> well, consistent with everything else. >> got away with it. >> that's your best advice? >> it's actually -- i mean, if they say he's going to hold a recess appointment -- >> on the floor of the senate. >> i would come back for that. >> it would make for a nice fight, wouldn't it? >> yeah. >> and then she'd be out of the house and bill would be happy. >> you're back to your ant farm. >> i think you're not going to get away from -- i know you want to get away it's democrats, liberals whining they can't get over it. once they start having investigations into russia, this is going to linger and that calls into legitimacy of trump which i think is really why the right is so aggravated by bill clinton saying that the russians
2:34 pm
had a role in this. >> but knee-deep in the issue that they say the russians affected the election, there's no proof of it and the electoral college shows not. >> you're down on america. >> how is that down on america? >> american intelligence agencies, you just sideswipe them away? they are idiots? >> and that it had no impact on the election, no evidence of tampering or voter fraud. >> they have said that the russians were doing it. >> i'm an american who says i'll believe it when i see it. >> yeah, but you don't want to hear it. i hope president-elect trump wants to hear the truth. ahead, a lot of americans make resolutions to do better in the new year. and mtv thinks that white men
2:35 pm
have the most work to do. that controversy when "the five" returns. a cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming and complicated. that's why at cancer treatment centers of america, every patient gets their own care manager, to coordinate every aspect of their care. it's a long journey, its very complicated and we try to help them through that. we are available 24/7. if a new symptom occurs in the middle of the night, we are there to help. the care manager coordinates all of the patient's appointments, scans, chemotherapy... the last thing any patient really needs to worry about is how am i going to get here, how is insurance going to handle this? one of the great things we do is help them manage their symptoms at home. we as care managers want to take as much stress off the patient as we can. meet the care managers at ctca. my name is mena... collette jodi vincent stacy our nurse care managers are with you every step of the way so you can focus on your fight.
2:36 pm
learn more at cancercenter.com/caremanananar appointments available.
2:37 pm
2:38 pm
welcome back to we're all racist. mtv put out a video, new year's resolutions for white guys.
2:39 pm
it's so bad that it's bad. >> first off, try to recognize that america was never great for anyone who wasn't a white guy. >> can we all just agree that black lives matter, black lives just matter. there's no reason to complicate it. >> oh, and if you're a judge, don't prioritize the well-being of an ivy league athlete over the woman he assaulted. >> we all love beyonce. yes, she's black, so of course she cares about black issues. i'm talking to you, fox news. >> call that a pilot crap but why insult crap? campus babble spooned like carrots out of the infantile repeated by smug goons whose ideas is retweeting katy perry
2:40 pm
while they are trashing cops and mocking interracial. maybe i loved this video. in the quest for obedience, mtv has found a group of people who transcends all identity. i didn't see black, whites, straight or gay in that video. i just saw loser. the more they talked, the more they lose. the goal to demand special preferences for those who aren't just very good. as failures who see excuses instead of opportunities, the loser class are victims of your success because they just can't keep up. so congrats to the stars of this video. you're the poster children for dead beats. >> i -- kimberly, i had a change of heart. i loved this video because it
2:41 pm
guarantees conservatism will rule. >> for sure. i look at that and it's like makers and takers, people who want entitlements and save faces and stand on their own two feet and see an individual and not be a label. >> uh-huh. >> that's the thing. they are self-limiting by saying i am this, therefore i am not as good or have as much as a white male. i mean, i sit across from you every day and i feel like i'm doing really well. >> you are. i'm glad they didn't choose models. these are very plain people. >> i don't think it's some sort of free speech experiment or argument. i think this is victimization propaganda. and that's what they are doing. they are giving these people a platform. how can he say blue lives matter isn't a thing? is this racist? black lives matter is a thing. blue lives matter is a thing. so it's all lives matter. in this form, in their
2:42 pm
small-minded world, that's racist. only black lives matter. the other ones don't. there it is, victimization propaganda. >> juan, is there anything worthwhile? i see social justice warriors as the big hair of 2016. it's the thing that everybody looks back at from the '80s and says, that's terrible? >> let me get this straight. so these people volunteered to do this or mtv put out this tape to boost their ratings? >> i didn't do the research. >> it's not a hostage video. >> it's something that mtv put together for their audience. >> to offend their audience. >> i think their young audience voted big for clinton. >> you mean their dumb audience? >> i don't know if you can characterize -- >> or they loved bernie. you're defending your people in a rant today. if i did that, you would be up in arms, i'll tell you that. >> i consider myself white. i don't see skin color, juan. >> white is normal. that's right.
2:43 pm
blue lives matter. >> only if you're a smurf, i guess. >> have you ever looked at the polls? everybody says cops matter, it's good to have cops, except on the far left i'm like, what are you talking about? and with the military, they are so popular in our country. but the question about black people, that's a real question after north carolina last week where they have a cop shooting a black guy and still can't convince them. >> i want to bring dana into this. there's a line in there when they say america is not great for anybody unless you're a white guy. that totally discounts the idea of the melting pot. where did all of this diversity come from? they came from other countries because this a better place. >> president obama told young people, don't go looking for insults. if they need a new year's resolution, that could be one. the other thing that young people don't know, aren't you
2:44 pm
responsible for beyonce's solo career? >> that is true. i believe i broke up destiny's child when we put them on the cover of the magazine and agreed to put them on the cover but made it a fold so it was only beyonce and the other two were ticked off. >> and it wasn't long after that that she broke off from them. >> and hence your qualifications to sit at this table. unbelievable. >> and i brought her and jay z together. >> i don't know if she's happy about that. >> i'm going to leave it there. do twitter and facebook havs from spreading their message online? that's when "the five" returns. ♪ i want a hippopotamus for christmas ♪ ♪ only a hippopotamus will do
2:45 pm
at the united states postal service, we deliver more online purchases to homes than anyone else in the country. and more hippopotamuses, too. ♪ so whatever your holiday priority, our priority is you.
2:46 pm
2:47 pm
2:48 pm
on june 12th, the muslim terrorist named omar martin murdered 49 and injured 53 others at the pulse nightclub. yesterday, family members filed a lawsuit accusing them of providing material support to isis. the suit asks the court to hold facebook and twitter and google partially responsible saying that without those sites, the social growth of isis would not have been possible. do they win in your court, eric? >> i think the social media sites win. clearly they need to do everything that they can to stop the spread of terror propaganda but there are so many sites, wicker, what's app that these terrorists use, you can't be suing them for this.
2:49 pm
you just have to be vigilant on who is a terrorist and who is using their site as propaganda. >> what happens when something like muslim brotherhood gets a check mark from twitter as being verified? what do you think of that? >> well, that's an interesting thing. the policy is not keeping up with technology. and companies are constantly trying to figure out, okay, where are we? and they are very far behind, including in cooperation with the government in terms of what their policies will actually be. in this case in particular, i don't remember the name of the law, but you're protected about somebody else's speech. just because somebody does something doesn't mean you're held liable for it, is that correct? >> that's correct. >> if you're online, you're not the equivalent of a publisher or a speaker if someone else is providing the content. but greg, the reality is, you know what, i would rule with eric. i don't think that they are responsible.
2:50 pm
but boy, i don't think isis grows unless you have the social media component. >> yeah, it's just -- i have a real problem with the pretentious nature of the silicon valley and not about terror. terror, they don't have the same kind of, you know, anger about that stuff. again, world war ii, there are all these companies that contributed to the effort by, you know, with food, with armor and vehicles and this should be no different with silicon valley especially when you benefit from the very freedoms islamism is trying to eradicate. they should be at the forefront trying to do the right thing instead of being bozos. >> germany, mark zuckerberg was sued for failing to ban hate speech on facebook. >> the problem is the companies have spent hundreds of thousands manhours trying to address this issue, trying to prevent this type of speech from being disseminated across their
2:51 pm
platforms. it's very difficult. like whack a mole. they take one down, they have three other, four accounts. they're also using telegram, which is, like, private chat rooms. >> does it stop free speech? >> does it stop free speech? >> in other words, if i say something that you may not like -- >> you don't have a right to commit acts of terror or incite that type of thing, so, no, but the thing is, they actually have shown they've tried to make the efforts to do it. i don't believe these lawsuits, as they are, are going to succeed because of the rights and the way the companies are protected and because they are making efforts to make sure that this type of hate speech and radical jihad and radicalization isn't spread. i mean, it's just very challenging to get the job done. >> i think it's very important that they not become the arbiters of what is legitimate speech in our society. anyway, "one more thing" up next. ♪ ♪ if you're going to wish, wish big at the
2:52 pm
lexus december to remember sales event get up to $2500 customer cash on select 2016 and 2017 models for these terms. see your lexus dealer. this is your daughter. and she just got this. ooh boy. but, you've got hum. so you can set this. and if she drives like this, you can tell her to drive more like this. because you'll get this. you can even set boundaries for so if she should be here, but instead goes here, here, or here. you'll know. so don't worry, mom. because you put this, in here. hum by verizon. the technology designed to make your car smarter, safer and more connected. put some smarts in your car.
2:53 pm
2:54 pm
the politicians, reporters who cover them, the financiers who fund their campaign are from the same little world and left out of that is the rest of the country. i'm asking questions i think you would ask. i want "tucker carlson tonight" to be a show that i would watch.
2:55 pm
time for "one more thing." k.g. >> i love that. the voice of god. okay. a big shout-out to two new york city police officers for replacing a 4-year-old girl's stolen birthday present. can you imagine this? on saturday, officers frank callahan and michael mcavoi vo responded to a call outside a restaurant in staten island where a family was celebrating their 4-year-old daughter, sammy's, birthday. thieves had broken into the family's minivan, stole all the little girl's birthday presents. they're worst people in the world. >> i didn't steal it. i thought it was mine. >> on sunday, the officers arrived at the family's home with dozens of new toys for little sammy to replace the ones that were stolen. she was so happy, she said, look, mama, they found my presents. they wanted to make sure the two officers were recognized for their good deed. merry christmas to them and happy birthday, sammy. thank you, officers. >> my present got stolen, too. see if it works.
2:56 pm
>> why do you always want to ruin my "one more thing," little one? >> yours didn't come with a cork in it, did it? >> yeah, yeah, a case of wine was taken out of my car. >> someone, gofund me to help save greg's christmas. >> oh, my goodness. anyway, last night notre dame basketball player thought he was having a pretty good night. the team had a win in south bend, but after the game, it got even better. >> holiday greeting all the way from afghanistan, from beau ferrell, the older brother of point guard, matt ferrell. >> i want you to know how proud i am of you, i love you and miss you very much. i look forward to being home with you soon, really, really soon. >> yep. the surprise thad been in the works for seven months even though the soldier's family thought he wouldn't be home until february. matt said he got me, we don't ask for much for christmas so this is the best present i've ever, ever gotten.
2:57 pm
merry christmas, guys. >> very touching. >> that helped my chronic dry eye problem for a moment. >> always about you and your eye. >> you know how you hate people at the gym who fill up their water bottles and take up space -- >> happened today. >> driving you crazy. >> happened today. >> i thought about you when i saw this video. check out this deer. bounds into a gold's gym, right through the window, and basically disrupts the entire workout of people. he goes all the way through. check out this next scene when he leaps over the bar -- >> oh, no. >> he was there for two minutes. he left the way he came. they saw him later. hopefully he's not injured because he did break some glass there. we're going to get a followup on that. >> antlers -- >> i love it. it's good. >> it was a very -- >> gym membership. >> gregory? >> didn't he kind of go already? >> no, greg's etiquette tips. people come up to me all the time about etiquette tips. >> no, they don't. lying.
2:58 pm
>> they stop me on the street, ask me questions, what fork do they use, what knife do they use? this elderly woman on the subway the other day says, greg, i have a spoon for soup, i have a spoon for sugar but i don't have a yogurt spoon. i thought that's an interesting question. so what kind of spoon would you use when you're eating yogurt? we went here and it turns out if you're a cockatoo, which i believe that is, or let's just call it a bird, because i don't want to get letters from the bird people. yeah, it's a parrot. anyway, that is, actually, if you look at it, a soup spoon which is being used, as you can tell, to eat yogurt. >> you know what, it depends on the size of the container. if you eat it out of the container or put it in a bowl. >> i always put it in a bowl and smear it on my chest. >> why. >> i don't know. it's fun. >> can you go away? >> lighten up, okay? >> he's so gross. i know. control room is like, he's so glo gross today. >> i was trying to stretch it, okay? >> that's one way to do it.
2:59 pm
>> the segment. >> confuse stretch with horrify. you ruined wher eed yoplait acr country for millions. >> yoplait? i play. >> that's what it means. >> all righty. we stretched it. let's stretch this one a little bit, tonight, 10:00, check it out, big hannity was sitting in for sean. check out this lineup. it's an embarrassment of riches of talking heads. >> nice. >> and smart people. check it out. kellyanne conway, rudy's going to come on, he's going to talk about some terror with kellyanne and rudy. laura ingraham. scott walker, something very interesting. he says he wants states to have more say on whether or not they get refugees coming in from various countries overseas. he's actually written a letter to donald trump. we're going to talk a little built about that. >> kellyanne moving to d.c. >> ashton. >> we love him. >> huckabee. >> you're right. >> you didn't put huckabee in that little lineup, he's going to be ticked. you have all the faces >> we only had room for year.
3:00 pm
>> huckabee was not as important. >> alphabetical order? no, no. >> notice he didn't put his own face. >> what's a huckabee? >> didn't put his own tan man face. >> thanks, k.g. got to go. >> "special report." a terrorist conspiracy and a massive manhunt. officials in turkey and berlin search for attackers, accomplices and answers. after a pair of deadly terror incidents. this is "special report." good evening, welcome to washington. i'm bret baier. in a holiday season that's supposed to be about life, love and redemption, there is death, anger and calls for retaliation. after a monday before christmas that featured two deadly terror attacks in europe. russian investigators are in turkey where the russian ambassador was assassinated by a gunman who may have had help. this afternoon, isis

70 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on