Skip to main content

tv   Fox Report Sunday  FOX News  January 8, 2017 11:00pm-12:01am PST

11:00 pm
interesting. chris: i'm chris wallace, vladimir putin ordered a cyber-attack to interfere in our presidential election and help donald trump win. as tension rises between the president elect and the nation's spy chiefs. ♪ ♪ ♪ >> i don't think that we've ever encountered a more aggressive or direct campaign to interfere in our election process. >> today incoming chief of staff reince priebus on mr. trump's rocky relationship with the intelligence community. and the president elect seems to have an ally in the founder of wikileaks. >> the notion that the elected -- the soon elected leader of
11:01 pm
this country would put julian assange on a pedestal. >> we will ask about some conservatives embracing assange. it's a fox news sunday exclusive. plus, we will ask our sunday panel about the horrific attack everyone is talking about. four blacks torturing a mentally disabled white man on facebook. all right now on fox news sunday. ♪ ♪ ♪ >> hello again from fox news in washington. russian president vladimir putin wanted to block hillary clinton, that's the blunt assessment of u.s. intelligence agencies on the kremlin effort to influence the 2016 election on donald trump's favor. unclassified report now released after the nation's spy chief
11:02 pm
brief, congress, president obama and president elect trump, in a moment, we will get the trump team's reaction from incoming white house chief of staff reince priebus, but first, let's bring in chief intelligence correspondent with the latest on what was found, katherine. >> most of the conclusions are at the high confidence level. the central finding is that russian president vladimir putin authorized campaign to undermine and influence the u.s. democratic process with the goal of damaging hillary clinton and the chances of him winning. over russians came to favor donald trump victory. the fbi director james comey and brennon are confident putin we wanted to help mr. trump while the nsa mike rogers whose agency analyzes intelligence, interceptive phone calls was moderately confident. russian intelligence provided the stolen emails to julian assange and his website wikileaks because of
11:03 pm
self-proclaimed reputation for authenticity. writing in a tweet after classified briefing, the president elect said there was absolutely no evidence that hacking affected the election results. mentioning russia the vice president president elect said the briefing was useful. >> it was a constructive and respectful dialogue and president elect made it very clear that we are going to take aggressive action in the early days of our new administration to combat cyber-attacks and protect the security of the american people. >> senior congressional leadership known as the gang of eight was briefed but they did not see the underlying raw data, chris. >> katherine, i want to ask you the latest on the massacre friday at ft. lauderdale, esteban santiago opened fire
11:04 pm
after retrieving a gun in chegbag, any evidence that this was terror related? >> investigators have not ruled out terrorism. the fbi's main field office in alaska investigated santiago in november after he told agents the u.s. intelligence had infiltrated his mind and forced him to watch isis propaganda videos. no tied to terrorism was found. santiago's mental state did not meet the legal standard for authorities to take his gun and erratic behavior was not enough for the no-fly list. he now faces three federal charges. they each carry the possibility of death, chris. >> katherine, thank you. one of the people when president obama was briefed is reince priebus, the incoming white house chief of staff and reince, welcome to fox news sunday. >> good morning, chris. >> the nation's intel chiefs laid out the classified report to others in his team including you that russian president putin
11:05 pm
ordered a cyber-attack to interfere with the election and eventually came to try to help donald trump. simple question, does the president elect accept the findings and the evidence of the intelligence community? >> well, i think he accepts the findings, chris, but here is the thing that, i think, everyone needs to understand, when this whole thing started, it started from the russians 50 years ago. in other words, this is something that's been going on in our elections for many, many years, both the russians, chinese, iranians, it happened every election period. now, in this particular case, it started way back in 2015 before either nominee of either party was chosen and it started, and this is declassified as a spear-fishing expedition over
11:06 pm
mr. different -- many different institutions, it just so happened that the dnc had nearly no defenses on their system and when they were warned multiple time by the fbi, they didn't respond. so suddenly, you have a major political party, one of the biggest political parties in the world that by their own omission, lacked defenses, lacked training and allowed a foreign government into their entire e-mail system without responding to the fbi. so, yes, we have bad actors around the world. we have had bad actors including the russians. but we also have a problem when we have a major political institution that allows foreign governments into thinker -- their system with any defense or training. and that's the big story and that's not what people are talking about as well.
11:07 pm
>> there's no evidence that the russians in any way were able to get into the like -- electoral system and tamper with the vote count. on friday, hours before he had the briefing, donald trump said that this was, quoting a political witch hunt. i just want to be very clear on two specific points, does he now accept, because you say, well, this has been gone for years, never to this extent, you can argue as to whether they were in some way were complicit in their because of their weaknesses that we've never had this kind of dissemination before. does he accept that the russians were behind this hacking campaign, yes or no? >> well, sure. he's not denying that -- that entities in russia were behind this particular hacking campaign, but let me -- let me just respond to your point, though, you say never have we had such a massive -- yeah, but here is what we have, we had the
11:08 pm
dnc as a sitting duck. wait a second, chris, because it matters to your point. it matters because if the dnc allowed any foreign entity into their system and says, here is 50,000 emails, you can have them. vuala, now you have the biggest dissemination of emails that we've ever seen in the history of -- >> who do you blame for this? who do you blame more for this, reince, putin and the kremlin or do you blame the dnc, who is the primary actor here? >> the primary actor is the foreign entity that's perpetrating the crime to begin. >> which was? which was? >> i'm not denying it. russia. what i'm telling you is that we have a situation where you have people at the dnc -- let me ask you this, anyone listening out there. if you had multiple calls from
11:09 pm
the fbi, by the way, chris, this is the fbi, someone is in your system and stealing all of your emails and you ignore multiple, multiple calls, they attempted to attack the rnc in the same way. they didn't get into our system, because number one, we had our head straight and we had defenses at the rnc and number two, when the fbi called the rnc said we have a hacking situation here, we brought them in immediately. and so granted, we have bad actors around the world and cyber-attacks have been happening for years but we also have an entity that's allowed through a wide open door a foreign government into their system. >> i get that. one other question, does president-elect trump accept the evidence that he heard, does he find it persuasive that putin's interest towards the end of the campaign was to help trump by des crediting clinton? >> i haven't asked him about that, chris, he accepts the fact
11:10 pm
that russia and other entities engage in cyber-attacks in the united states all day long. he accepts the fact that this particular case was entities in russia, so that's not the issue. if you look at his statement after he commends the intelligence community in the very first paragraph, he talks about the particular hack, he talks about the fact that the dnc was a sitting duck while the rnc had its act together, he then says in the first 90 days of his administration, he's going to order a full report as to what we can do to be better. but one of the things we can do to be better is when the fbi calls you and says you have a problem, you return the phone call. >> i want to ask you about that, he had a tweet yesterday in which he said, we want to have better relations with russia. i mean, if he accepts the fact that that unprecedented way tried to interfere with our election, does that mean he's not going to respond, he's not
11:11 pm
going to take action against russia? >> he very well may take -- he's going to order the intelligence community to make recommendations and whatever those recommendations are will be discussed and actions may be taken, but i don't think there's anything wrong with trying to have a good relationship with russia and other countries around the world and that's what the president is saying that he's going to try to have good relationships around the world which will put america first, bring jobs back and make us safer across the globe. that's what he wants to do and i think that's what he will do. >> i want to pursue the question of the president elect's relations not with russia but with the intelligence community because here was a tweet that he put out on tuesday, the, quote, intelligence briefing on so-called, quote, russian hacking was delayed until friday, perhaps more time needed to build a case, very strange. this was the reaction from the director of national intelligence.
11:12 pm
>> i think there's a difference between skepticism and disparagement. >> isn't that disparaging when the president elect in the united states puts the word intelligence in quotes? >> and mr. clapper also stated that there's no evidence in the report that any of this changed the outcome of the election, but to your question, here is what happened. the president of the united states a week earlier or a few days earlier took on enormous and unprecedented sanctions against russia, we then went into full gear to get an intelligence briefing on what the president knew that created that strong reaction or what the briefing was that created the sudden strong reaction and we were attempting to have that full-blown meeting on tuesday. >> i'm not asking about schedule -- wait a minute.
11:13 pm
i'm asking why did he put the word intelligence in quotes. >> because i'm getting to the point. the reason he put it in quotes is that the intelligence briefing in quote that is we were attempting to have was going to have was on tuesday, turns out that the report apparently was supposed to be done that created the obama reaction wasn't going to be done until wednesday and therefore the intelligence briefing in quotes that we were supposed to have on tuesday was then, we were informed, was going to be done on friday. here we are having to react to the russian sanction stories with the media and all of you folks, and you're a good one, chris, we were supposed to be reacting to someone that we had no ability to get a briefing on because the actual report wasn't done until wednesday. it's a frustrating situation and that's what the president elect -- >> yeah, but the question is the way the relationship that he has with the intelligence community
11:14 pm
and what even the -- i want to ask you about something else because the president elect seemed to put more credibility to believe the founder of wikileaks over the intelligence community and i want to put up another tweet that the president elect sent on wednesday, julian assange said a 14-year-old could have hacked podesta, why was dnc so careless and also said russians did not give him the info. reince, several years back, i don't have to tell you, julian assange published, disclosed hundreds of thousands of classified cables and other emails and documents that very much compromised the u.s. military in iraq and that endangered the lives of hundreds of afghan informants helping the u.s. military. why would the president elect give any credibility to julian assange? >> well, first of all, to your other point, he has tremendous respect for the people in the
11:15 pm
intelligence community and his statement on friday is the very first thing that he said and he we wanted to make it very clear to everyone working hard in the interest of foreign intelligence that he appreciates them very much as to assange, he doesn't think this guy is a good guy, he put in quotes things that he had said. he didn't say i support this guy. >> why even quote him. why give him any credibility? >> i think his point was -- well, wait a second. i think his point is that the dnc was so lacking in any of their defenses by their own admission -- >> we've got that. >> a 14-year-old could have gotten into dnc. when you have staffers opening up emails, i'm stranded in mali and i need $20,000, click on this link and the dnc is clicking on the links, i have to tell you something, nobody thinks that assange is a great
11:16 pm
guy, i can assure you that. i think the issue here is, yes, bad foreign actors but it's also the dnc that has allowed itself to be hacked by anyone in the world and that is one of the reasons why this was such a big deal. and i don't think anyone is talking about it. >> i want to get to one last area with you and we are running out of time. has president-elect trump given up on trying to work with democrats? >> absolutely not. absolutely not. in fact, -- >> can i explain to you why i'm asking the question? >> sure. >> because i'm curious as to why he sent out two tweets this week, one referring to schumer clowns and another to head clown chuck schumer. this is what vice president biden said this week. >> grow up, donald. grow up. time to be an adult. you're president. you have to do something. show us what you have. >> how do you respond to the
11:17 pm
vice president and b -- on either call chuck schumer a clown? how is that going to help you? >> first of all, chuck schumer and president-elect trump have a long, long relationship together. donald trump has helped chuck schumer in his runs for senate. donald trump has had massive fundraisers for chuck schumer at mar-a-lago many times before. they have a personal relationship and i have to tell you, when senator schumer says that he's going to allow the vacancy in the supreme court to take place as long as he wants an he's going to hold up cabinet secretaries and he's targeting eight of them when only just a few years ago it was the democrats that were saying we needed to move swiftly to approve these cabinet secretaries, eight cabinet secretaries were approved for president obama on day one. now to turn around and say they are going to drag their feet,
11:18 pm
look, it's a frustrating situation. >> i just want to pick up on that and i think you're seeing frustration, that's all. less than a minute left because the office of government ethics announced this week that it has been unable to complete background ethics checks on a number of trump's nominees and said it's a great concern that the confirmation hearings are going to go forward before those background checks are complete, senator schumer says you're trying to jam them through. given the statement by the office of government ethics, any thought of delaying the confirmation hearings for any of these nominees until the background checks are complete? >> no, i mean, they have to get moving. they have to move fast e and they have all the information. these are people that have been highly successful in their lives, they need to move quicker and the fact is there's no reason. it's the first week of january, they have all the details that they need, all the information
11:19 pm
that they need. it's no different from any other new administration coming in and the american people demand it. change was voted for and change we will get. >> reince, thank you, thanks for your time today. >> you bet. >> just 12 days till the inauguration, look forward talking to you then. >> you bet, thank you. >> up next david núñez blaming vladimir putin for ordering a cyber campaign to influence our presidential election
11:20 pm
11:21 pm
11:22 pm
with the xfinity tv app, anything with a screen is a tv. stream 130 live channels. plus 40,000 on demand tv shows and movies, all on the go. you can even download from your x1 dvr and watch it offline. only xfinity gives you more to stream to any screen. download the xfinity tv app today. beltway at the frozen tundra of
11:23 pm
lambo field in wisconsin where the packers host the new york giants coin kid -- coincidently. congressman, welcome back to fox news sunday. >> gate to be here in person. chris: list let's talk about the terrible attack in ft. lauderdale, any evidence this is terror related? >> the investigation is ongoing. clearly this person walk intoed the fbi and said that he was watching isis videos. sometimes it's going to be hard in the situations to know where someone who has mental illness and also is an isis follower and where that sometimes they can be intertwined and i think we have to let the fbi go through this and see if there's any actual
11:24 pm
data or evidence to show that this was an isis follower. chris: the big question is how did this happen, walk into the fbi office, should he have been in the no-fly list, should he have been allow today carry a gun, check it in his baggage and take it on the flight with him? >> right, this is the big challenge that the fbi faces with -- there's investigations going on in all 50 states with isis followers and people who are -- who claim they are isis followers. some of the cases get closed and, i think, in this case this one probably should have been closed. >> you said it shouldn't have been closed? >> shouldn't have been closed. chris: you think the fbi messed up? >> i think the fbi will tell you that's not what the fbi wants. obviously they missed this one. chris: as chair of house intelligence, you receive the same classified report on friday. any doubt in your mind that russian president putin directed
11:25 pm
this attack and that at some point, not originally, at some point it became an effort to stop clinton and help trump? >> so six months ago i publicly came out and said that this was the biggest intelligence failur. this has been going on for a long time. we've known that russia is a very sophisticated bad actor in the cyber realm. many members of congress, not just members of the house security have been warning the obama administration about russia's continued cyber-attacks on this country and they did nothing. and so now as you look forward, they lose an election and then it appears like they want to change this narrative into somehow that russia was responsible for hillary clinton losing the election and i don't buy that. chris: and i want to make this very clear, there's no indication despite russia's
11:26 pm
efforts and the intelligence community doesn't say this is why trump won and she lost, but the two things can be true, they tried to do a campaign and trump won a fair and square election. i want to go follow up on this policy issue, though, because you say that mr. trump has to be tougher than president obama was in responding to cyber aggression specially by the russians but i want you to respond to this tweet which i discontinued with reince priebus, trump tweeted this on saturday, having good relationship with russia is a good thing, not a bad thing only stupid people or fools would think that it is bad. this is his first reaction after getting briefing about russian interference in the election. it doesn't sound like he's ready to crack down on the kremlin? >> he wouldn't be the first one, you had president clinton, president bush, president obama including secretary clinton who hit the reset button, don't forget that you had president
11:27 pm
obama who got caught on a hot mic talking about being able to be more flexible after the election with vladimir. three presidents tried to be friends with putin and all three failed. i hope that donald trump -- he has more information going into this, i caution his administration because i do think he's a bad actor, it remains true, the fact of the matter is we would like to be friends to the russia, i just don't know if it's possible. he just doesn't seem to be a guy that we can work with. chris: as a member, you're not only head of house intelligence, you're also a member of the transition team particularly in these very areas of national security and i want to ask you about the nomination of senator dan coats to be the director of national intelligence, back when russia invaded crimea in 2014
11:28 pm
senator coats said doesn't this remind us of hitler, the kremlin banned him from traveling to russia, what does it say about this effort by president-elect trump and some in his team or believe they can have better relations with russia? >> as i said before, i think all presidents have been making the mistake. i think you bring up a good point that dan coats is russia hawk, mike pompeo, future cia director is a russia hawk, general mattis is a russia hawk, so donald trump is surrounding hymn with very good people who understand the threat -- chris: let me just say, you also have rex tillerson who has done business with russia and received a friend of russia medal and you have lieutenant general mike flynn, the national security adviser, who had dinner with putin. so i mean, there's split inside
11:29 pm
the administration about russia. >> like i said, chris, this is not unusual for administrations to want to work with putin. i mean, they've tried -- all administrations tried going back to first president clinton when putin was first put into office. i just don't see where this is anything different and i think the news media is trying to blow this, i say the democrats are blowing this up because they are trying to change the narrative of what happened in this election. you know, i am not happy that this report that we were briefed on, just the gang of eight was briefed friday morning, yet many news media outlets already had the information that was briefed to the gang of eight. this looks like a political role out of a narrative just a couple weeks before donald trump's inauguration and it bothers me and i don't think it's good. chris: roll-out by the intelligence community or by the democrats who were briefed? >> by the obama administration. chris: really? so you think -- obama administration to undercut donald trump?
11:30 pm
>> how else would you define it? how does the news media have this information before it's briefed to the gang of eight? chris: i want to ask you about another question, president-elect trump talks about tearing up the nuclear deal with iran but the chairman of the senate foreign relations bob corker said this week, you know, leave that alone for a while. there are sanctions in place against -- against iran and they have to meet some standards, at least for the next few years and the key is to focus on the more immediate threat of north korea. your reaction. >> well, i think the iranian regime continues to be one that it's the largest funder of terrorism around the globe and has to be dealt with swiftly and the obama administration has been way too nice to the iranian regime which are terrorists. if you look at north korea, this is one of the situations that people are going to look back as one of the major atrocities in
11:31 pm
world history and people are going to ask, why did somebody not act. there are 20 million people living off of eating grass and roots an trying to burn everything just to stay warm in that country. you look at that country, it's one of the worst places i've ever seen. chris: we are beginning to run out of time, after north korea announced this week that it's in the final stages of developing i cbm missile that could reach the united states, donald trump sent out a tweet that said at the bottom, it won't happen. you talk about other presidents. we tried pressure on china and it hasn't worked. what is donald trump going to do if you have any sense, what he's going to do to stop north korea from pursuing missile -- >> this is a great example of a nation state that's conducted cyber-attacks against the united states where president obama did nothing. so, you know, why are we not responding when north korea
11:32 pm
attacked this country, attacked, leaked the information, nothing was done and so i think -- chris: we believe that's what we were kind of led to believe that we took a cyber response? >> well, i don't know about that, but i can tell you that this is a regime that has to be taken seriously. we have to be tougher than them and i think donald trump will be tough with them. chris: quick question, are you talking about military action, take out nuclear program, take out missiles? >> well, you never take that off the table but we have a very large force in the region in south korea protecting the south koreans and i think japan and south korea have to be concerned about these -- about these icbm's and the nuclear capability. chris: would you urge them to start their own nuclear program? >> no, i would not. we have to have a deterrent and the united states needs to be the deterrent. chris: always good to talk to you, sir. >> great to be here. chris: coming up we bring in
11:33 pm
sunday group to discuss whether president trump can and should establish better relationships with the kremlin. plus, what do you want to ask about the panel of terrible attack streamed live this week of four blacks torturing a mentally disabled white man. go to facebook and twitter, we constipated? trust number one doctor recommended dulcolax use dulcolax tablets for gentle overnight relief suppositories for relief in minutes and stool softeners for comfortable relief of hard stools. dulcolax, designed for dependable relief
11:34 pm
11:35 pm
11:36 pm
>> we have to remind ourselves we are on the same team. vladimir putin is not on our team. chris: president obama giving successor donald trump gentle advice of how to deal with the russian president after the report of kremlin interference in the u.s. election. laura engram editor, fox news political analyst and columnist
11:37 pm
for the hill juan williams and julie who covers the white house and the transition for the associated press and michael, head of the conservative think tank heritage action for america. laura, as i was discussing with reince priebus and congressman núñez, there are several things, all which can be true, that the rush apes did try to influence the campaign and the democrats are trying to use it to delegitimize trump and trump won the election fair and square, where does this go from here and how do you think donald trump needs to handle russia and that whole relationship? >> i think he has to handle it pragmatic as the economy, eyes wide open. we have made a lot of mistakes in the past. priebus made the point that we are way behind the curve. ic you're going to hear trump launch a new initiative. i have lived in the former
11:38 pm
soviet union, it does not surprise me in the lest that russia tried to influence the election. not in the lest. this is what they do. we've done the same thing in other countries. it doesn't make it right. donald trump is going to be the president, the country is either going to improve, get more united behind certain issues or not and the democrats can kind of try to hang onto this, i don't know what purpose it's going to serve unless it results in better security for all of our systems across the board but this report was five pages long, declassified report, lots of questions remain, five pages broadly spaced. we don't know if russia was trying to undermine hillary or help trump. we don't know exactly when the hacking really began or when the influence campaign began. we don't know if it's variety propaganda. a lot of questions remain. it doesn't mean it didn't
11:39 pm
happen. this means trump is going to be, you know, this relationship with putin, i don't see that. i think that's a faster way of looking at this. chris: this isn't the first president who has come in thinking that he's going to get along and tame the russian there, clinton did it, george w. bush did it and looked into putin's eyes, obama with the reset, what do you think of the chances that they can turn a corner and in the end will it all come to ashes as it did with predecessors. >> we want to start new with russia because everyone agrees it would be better if the united states and russia had better relations. there isn't a lot of dispute about that. the question that trump has to grapple with here, less about what he's going to do to try to improve relations and more about what he's going to need putin to do. we hear a lot about the obama administration not being tough
11:40 pm
enough, not acting quickly enough on hacking and cybersecurity, but what are trump's measures going to be for putin, what does he have to do vis-a-vis assad and syria and russian meddling in ukraine, i think that's going to be the larger question that will shape the relationship. chris: i want to turn dramatically to a story that everybody was horrified and talking about this this week and that, of course, was the attack and you see it there on camera, four blacks torturing a mentally disabled white man on facebook forcing him to say hateful things. juan, i was thinking about this yesterday, i'm not sure what to ask you except how on earth can this happen? >> it's shocking and primitive, savage, it scares me that people
11:41 pm
can behave to each other and put it on broadcast. chris: live. >> right. to me it stirs up racial tensions already hot from the campaign rhetoric of donald trump about the mexicans and the women and all the rest. and we live in a society now where immediately the response, the strong response online was to tie this somehow into black lives matter and you see this from the white nationalists who seem excited by trump's election to say this is evidence of black racism that if therefore legitimize acts of white racism. it becomes provers, conversations about disabled black kid that was tortured not on tape or live as you describe it so we didn't know about that, clearly there's something happening in the society that is deeply troubling on the level of race and difference and the key here is, i think, from responsible people including president elect to act and speak
11:42 pm
out and say very clearly that is unacceptable. chris: we asked you for questions from the panel and we got a lot of responses about this including this on facebook, why is it more important to focus on politics in the crime than race, it was a racial hate crime, say the words, it's finally time to call it what it is, michael, how do you answer? >> this is a problem with hate crimes and legislation. it's torturing of a mentally disainld person and i think for us and a lot of what juan was just saying, we shouldn't have hate crime legislation, we shouldn't be saying that if you torture somebody because of politics or you torture somebody because of race that's worst than if you tor sure somebody live on camera because of money or just because you're a sick depraved individual and additional problems with legislation that you're forcing. they're saying on tape why they are doing it and what they believe. in many hate cases you're
11:43 pm
forcing a jury and get inside of a mind of a killer or torturer and we should be looking at the crime that was committed and the crime committed in all the hate crimes so-called hate crimes and not putting people in jail because of thoughts but putting in jail for actions. >> i think there's an added element. when you have people who are taking actions because of your race, religion, faith, ethnicity, immigrant status, whatever and the whole idea behind hate crime legislation is it would be punitive, these people should be punished to the absolute extent of the law. >> hey, i think it would be amusing to have been -- >> no, it's the treatment of a guy who was a friend and who was mentally disabled. when you come to a dylann roof killing nine or ten black people in the church, i think your point is the action that counts, but i think when you add the
11:44 pm
racial element into it, i think it does factor in. it's a legitimate -- chris: 30 seconds real quick. >> a good point of aggravating factors of the crime. but, juan, you mentioned white nationalists excited about trump and you mentioned trump's comments about mexicans, this is just an evil act. to throw in -- i would agree with you the black lives matter conversation, who knows, but to mention trump in the conversation about what they did, to me just is completely -- >> they mention trump. >> they mention trump negatively. you are also mentioning trump negatively. >> i don't think there's any question -- comments that donald trump has made in his campaign. >> none of it was affected at all by what barack obama has done or -- chris: we need to get -- you can all continue this
11:45 pm
conversation during the break. we need to take a break here. when we come back our sunday group gives predictions on all sorts of subjects for 2017, you don't want to miss it.
11:46 pm
11:47 pm
11:48 pm
chris: well, we are now going to look at predictions for 2017 and i want to start with you laura because you had a good 2016 predicting a year ago.
11:49 pm
>> every single one of my predictions -- chris: the former republican president is going to skip the convention, i'm not going to give you high marks that yukon won the women's -- that was a shock too. anyway, politics 2017. >> trump will nominate and the senate will confirm a justice on the supreme court who will go down as a hero to judicial conserve constit -- constitutionalist. >> predictions did not go so well for pundits last year. i am going to predict that it's going to be unpredictable year. chris: worth prediction for 2017. [laughter]
11:50 pm
chris: michael, help us out here? >> the media said republicans were wasting time trying to repeal obamacare, obamacare will be repealed. tom price will do a great job managing the transition, obamacare will be repealed and the american people will have access to better health care focused on themselves and their enters. chris: juan, predictions in politics? >> obama stays and he has high approval ratings an live in your neighborhood, chris, he's staying in dc and the whole issue becomes now of legacy. and i think he's going to be engaged. still a young man at 55. still very much a player. chris: very young, a child at 55. economy, laura. >> continue -- contrary to all the talk to trump, we will export more goods and services than we did in 2016.
11:51 pm
vigorous approach to trade which would be more practical, pragmatic and better for american manufacturers. chris: julie. >> businesses continue to be eager in some cases to let donald trump take credit for decisions they're make to go either bring jobs back to the u.s. or keep jobs in the u.s., it's a mutually beneficial relationship for trump and businesses. chris: even if trump had nothing to do with it? >> even if trump had nothing to do with it. >> tax reform, regulatory relief, we will have the first gdp growth of 3% or more in 2017, productivity gains since 2014. juan. >> i think janet yellen will be out of the chair of the fed before the end of the year. president-elect trump said during the campaign that he thinks she's overly political and now we have the stock market pushing up towards 20,000. i think you're going see some real head-butting over the economy and it's due under president-elect trump.
11:52 pm
chris: briefly, how would the markets react to janet leaving? >> not well, a point of anxiety for people who don't like uncertainty. chris: sports. i already know your prediction. >> you get the camera, yukon. that was obvious. will now go down in alabama in history as right on par with brian. capture fifth national championship in eight years and i'm not going to be there. i'm going to be on tucker carlson show tomorrow night so i'm bummed because i will miss half of the game. chris: your priorities. first show and we wish him good luck. >> this is more wishful thinking than prediction, i'm going to go for it my beloved buffalo bills will end 17-year playoff drought
11:53 pm
11:54 pm
11:55 pm
not a girls' fan. [laughter] chris: all right, anyway. nevertheless. >> i see critics are picking moonlight for best picture. i think it's going to be with denzel washington. when it comes to best actress natalie portman in portrayal of jackie kennedy. chris: i hate to say this, just as michael said you're wrong and the golden globes are tonight. i'm sorry, have you seen it? >> save your time. people can actually sing and dance. [laughter] chris: final break. when we come back we get one more prediction from each of you
11:56 pm
for
11:57 pm
11:58 pm
chris: as we begin the new year we ask the panel what they say ahead. time for one final prediction. your pick for the person to watch, you cannot pick donald trump, laura. >> jeff sessions, he will be confirmed as attorney general of the united states. chris: why him over cabinet pix? >> we have big issues and criminal justice issues, criminal, civil division, he's going to route out politicization of doj which has been terrible in recent years. he will be a phenomenal attorney general. chris: one to watch for 2017? >> my person to watch is barack
11:59 pm
obama. he will be living in washington. he has talked about appreciating the way that george w. bush handled post presidency staying quiet, not questioning decisions but i think he's going to face a lot of pressure from democrats to speak out against trump. chris: michael. >> one of the first people in washington, d.c. to identify and understand the forces that disrupted our politics in 2015, 2016, huge impact on policy administration. chris: juan. >> i always have trouble with the last name. he is harvard grad, scholar, navy officer, served in afghanistan, and president obama has identified him as one of the party future super stars, he's running for democratic national committee against keith ellison. different look. chris: yes or no, is he going win dnc? >> i don't know the answer. chris: there we go. a definite maybe. we will lock predictions or maybe we will just stick them
12:00 am
somewhere, that's it for today. have a great week. have a great week. >> on buzz, trump pushes back. >> trump continues to bash the media even calling american media coverage very dishonest. trump added more dishonest than anyone knows. >> donald trump taking julian assange at his word and mocking american intelligence agency. look, if this was a monologue from rush limbaugh it would be

44 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on