Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  January 23, 2017 2:00pm-3:01pm PST

2:00 pm
more dramatic. now donald trump is president of the united states and things are changing. if the first couple days is any indication, the change is a constant. we'll see you tomorrow. >> i am kimberly guilfoyle with juan williams, dana perino, greg gutfeld. it's 5:00 in new york city, and this is "special report" ." -- this is "the five." the trump white house held its first briefing today. a lot of us didn't know what to expect after sean spicer dressed down the media on saturday for alleged inaccurate reporting rn inauguration crowds. the press room was packed. spicer tried to keep it light with this joke. >> i know josh earnest was voted the most popular press secretary by the press corps. after checking twitter, i shot josh an email letting him know
2:01 pm
he can rest easy. his title is secure for at least the next five days. >> that didn't ease the tensions. mainstream media was chomping at the bit to challenge spicer. he was happy to answer all of their questions. >> it's an honor to do this. i believe we have to be honest with the american people. sometimes we can disagree with the facts. there are certain things we may not fully understand when we come out but our intention is never to lie to you. our job is to make sure -- sometimes you're in the same boat. sometimes you tweet something or write a story and you publish a correction. that doesn't mean you were intentionally trying to deceive readers or the american people, does it? >> do you stand by your statement it was the most watched and nigra? >> i don't see any numbers that dispute that. total audience in terms of tablets, phones.
2:02 pm
i would love to see information that proves that otherwise. >> >> is not just about crowds. there is this constant theme to undercut the enormous support he has. it's unbelievably frustrating. it's important for it he's gone out there and defied the odds over and over again. he keeps getting told what he can't do either his narrative out there and he sees it. there is a constant attempt to undermine his credibility in the movement he represents. it's frustrating for not just him but i think so many of us are trying to work to get the message out. >> from one press secretary to a former press secretary. dana, what do you make of today? >> i'm glad he opened with some humor. that was needed. i thought the media was quite mild compared to saturday night.
2:03 pm
what we saw today is the sean spicer i've known and admired for a long time especially when you look at some of the answers he was giving on things like nafta and its v-6. his knowledge is so deep on those issues because he was the spokesperson for the u.s. trade representative before. he has this background. the main issue that president trump did on his first day, sean spicer is steeped in the knowledge. you can see how he will study, know the issues well and be able to represent them. i think when it comes to negative media attention, it's not new to donald trump. conservatives have been dealing with this for a long time. president obama would have said, well, he mostly complained about fox news being negative. what's different from obama and trump that wasn't the case before is because of social media, all of the criticism is amplified. and it is focused and it's so intense that it does feel like you are under more of a microscope.
2:04 pm
i think on saturday night, what sean explained today, crowds and the inauguration was not what he said on saturday. not the pictures they were using, the complaints they were making about the crowd shots. what he meant was what he said today, then that's why i'm careful with my words and i'm precise. it's like touching a hot stove. once you do that, you think i have to be more careful. >> overall i think the general consensus is it went very well today. >> i thought it was awesome. sean came back strong. he answered a lot of questions. i found it interesting that a lot of the questions were on crowd size and audience size. did you say this and you standby this? other people were asking, along the lines of what jonathan carl said.
2:05 pm
i thought some of those questions were a waste of opportunity. sean answered the important questions on tpp. he nailed some of the questions that were asked on immigration. those were some big questions on what president trump is going to do about some of the immigration issues. he said we'll wait and see what is going to do but i thought he was the sean spicer we've known for a long time, as dana points out. saturday, not sure what was going on. i think that was more of a trump administration laying down the law, showing who the alpha is going to be and they wanted to make sure they were the elephant in the room. this was an information press briefing. i thought we got a lot of information. >> that we are used to. i thought he looked good. >> should have taken questions on saturday. he could have helped himself a lot. if what he said today it was what he was trying to stay on saturday night, he could've avoided 48 hours hearing about
2:06 pm
about how he wasn't telling the truth on saturday. that's what he meant. and take questions and put it aside. >> he also has to -- he serves at the pleasure of the president and has to do with the president would like them to do. you have to find a balance in messaging and trying to decide, putting new ideas and stories forward so you are not on defense. today went very well, juan, what do you think? >> today came across as almost normal compared to what we saw over the weekend which was almost ballistic. i've never seen anything like it. looks like he was sent out there under instructions from president trump, go get them. and he got them. what he did was put himself in a position where his role of white house press secretary is called into question, and i like sean spicer. he's a friend. when you come out and say things that are not true, you put in question your integrity, and the
2:07 pm
integrity of the white house press secretary is his currency. that's what he's got the cell when he stands before the mic. you've got to slow down people when people are going off on one candidate or another. the thing about crowd size. are you kidding me? >> sean explained it today. >> as dana said a minute to go, he is saying something a little different today than what he said on saturday. it was so wild that kellyanne conway on sunday started a whole new thing about alternative facts. people went crazy about the idea that she was using this term "alternative facts." what are we doing? you have the trump white house saying we hate the press. everybody hates the press. so don't trust the press, trust us. that's a dangerous road for democracy. >> greg, take us down the road of democracy. >> i think the phrase alternative facts is freaking people out but it's not a new
2:08 pm
phenomenon. we've been living this duality of truth for decades. if you look at climate change. we are told that global warming, there's a 97% consensus but that's based on the two question survey. we've been told that shooting of unarmed black men have risen dramatically by white officers over the last decades. no, it has declined. we've been told, in a different route, dietary cholesterol is deadly. we've been told trans fats are deadly. we've been told a high carb, low protein diet is healthy. we are finding out that all of these things have been untrue. in fact, there are alternative facts. it's just that our society, both sides of the divide, seek out the facts that fit their worldview. if you want to believe that that crowd was the biggest crowd where the audience, not the crowd but the audience, then you will believe that because you want to believe that. trump knows that.
2:09 pm
when i find interesting is let's say donald trump and sean spicer know what they are saying isn't true. what's really going on? all of our responses become a test of our loyalty. so if you agree with them, you are loyal. if you disagree, you cannot be trusted. i think in some ways it's a test. having said that, i think that what spicer did today was good. i wish he had done it on saturday. this isn't about crowd size. it's about four decades of media bias since the vietnam war. you have a president and his staff coming up and saying it's been like this forever. we are always getting crapped by you guys. it stops here. rather than arguing about the crowd size, argue about the constant decades of going after republicans. >> did president obama bring down the unemployment rate? >> yes. >> here's an alternative facts. the reality is if you are adding
2:10 pm
up the people who have given up looking for work, the unemployment rate hasn't fudged a bit. >> hold on for a let me respond to eric. >> what the unemployment rate i is. >> my point to you eric. >> these are both facts. >> eric, not true. not true, eric. i have some thoughts for greg. not true because nobody ever changed the way we gauge unemployment in this country. unemployment rate was x and now y. if you want to get into adding of other things and other considerations, let's do it but that's not the unemployment rat rate. nobody is playing with the unemployment rate. >> president obama has done nothing -- >> not true again. mitt romney said he would bring the unemployment rate down. you want to switch away from a
2:11 pm
standard statistic, unemployment. >> the underemployment rate. >> that is not unemployment. >> all all right, guys. another manic monday. >> let's get into the weed. >> not the grass, greg. >> on climate change i don't think there's much debate. >> i disagree. i read the studies. you read what people put in their mind lender. >> how about the shooting of unarmed black man. you said by white cops. >> you know the study i'm talking about. >> by police, the numbers have gone up. >> since 1970, they've gone down. >> that is 12 blocks down, maybe next tuesday. >> i agree with you that people so often take what they hear these days as proof because at d they don't hear what someone else has to say. that is to me so divisive.
2:12 pm
you can't have a conversation. >> to reasonable people can look at the financial crisis of 2008 and they can say i think it's because the government and the bush administration did not step in. others said they couldn't step in. those are things you can talk about and come to different conclusions. when you are talking about how many people showed up to a certain event, that's not something you can look atsay th. if you are talking about the totality of people around the world, yes. the number of people standing there in the moment, that's not something that's questionable. >> for example, we have three people in the audience that are friends of dana watching our show today. sometimes the best seat in your house is the one in your home. we have a huge amount of years. president trump taking action today to make our economy great again, signing new executive orders of the white house. he revealed some of his plans to
2:13 pm
bring manufacturing to america, next on "the five" ." bp engineers use robotic ultrasound technology, so they can detect and repair corrosion before it ever becomes a problem. because safety is never being satisfied. and always working to be better. because safety is never being satisfied. "how to win at business." step one: point decisively with the arm of your glasses.
2:14 pm
abracadabra. the stage is yours. step two: choose la quinta. the only hotel where you can redeem loyalty points for a free night-instantly and win at business.
2:15 pm
so if ydead battery,t tire, need a tow or lock your keys in the car, geico's emergency roadside assistance is there 24/7. oh dear, i got a flat tire. hmmm. uh... yeah, can you find a take where it's a bit more dramatic on that last line, yeah? yeah i got it right here. someone help me!!! i have a flat tire!!! well it's good... good for me. what do you think? geico. fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent or more on car insurance. won't replace the full value of your totaled new car. the guy says you picked the wrong insurance plan. no, i picked the wrong insurance company. with liberty mutual new car replacement™,
2:16 pm
you won't have to worry about replacing your car because you'll get the full value back including depreciation. and if you have more than one liberty mutual policy, you qualify for a multi-policy discount, saving you money on your car and home coverage. call for a free quote today. liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance. ♪
2:17 pm
>> a very busy monday for president trump, at the white house fulfilling promises he made on the campaign trail. he signed three executive orders. want to put a freeze on the hiring of federal workers outside of the military. another banning federal aid to any groups that provide abortions overseas. the one making the biggest headlines today is the order pulling the u.s. out of the tpp, trans pacific partnership trade deal. executive order on nafta could be coming later. we start with this. dana, the three we thought, we speculated on. i thought maybe immigration as well. tpp seems to be the one. we knew that was coming. >> definitely. i think hillary clinton, had she won, would have done similar actions. everybody on the trail said it was dead from bernie sanders, hillary clinton, donald trump. i don't remember anyone else on the republican side saying that.
2:18 pm
i think that was likely to happen. the next policy. you do not american taxpayers, ngos, nongovernmental organizations, that would counsel on family planning for abortions for specifically. that doesn't mean you couldn't do contraception planning but abortion in particular. george w. bush had back in place as well as previous republican presidents. president obama rescinded that on his first day in office and donald trump has restored it. for the pro-life community which is going to have its march this saturday, they will have something to be very happy about. >> i think this was a strong move and very consistent. the one thing we've said is he's going to do this rate he has a movement across the country, he has to honor the promises he's made. this stroke of the pen was indicative of his intention to keep that promise and really focus on working families across this country that have seen so many lucrative manufacturing
2:19 pm
jobs travel and go overseas. i think right now this is symbolic, it's a first step in the right direction in terms of what he intends. >> greg. >> i'm very skeptical of being happy over tpp going away. because the left is happy. socialists are thrilled. they thought it was going to harm the environment because there was more trade. translation, capitalism is bad. anyway that you can stop it. we live in a world right now where you need permits for lemonade stands. >> literally. >> exactly. it's refreshing to hear cutting regulations because america is about opportunities. we often handcuff people, literally handcuff them, with regulations. imagine how many young men and women would not be in jail over drug crime if they had easier opportunities to open businesse businesses. >> juan, do you want to talk about tpp for the union leaders?
2:20 pm
>> president trump kicked off the morning without breakfast with business leaders from companies like ford, dell, tesla to talk about his agenda to improve the economy. >> what we want to do is bring manufacturing back to our country. that doesn't mean we don't trade because we do trade but we want to make our products here. the advantages to companies that do indeed make their products here. what we are doing is we are going to be cutting taxes massively for both the middle class and for companies. we are going to be cutting regulation massively. >> the president also issued this morning. >> the one thing i do have to warn you about, when you have a company here, you have a plan here, if you decide to close it and you know longer have a real reason because your taxes are going to be lower but if that happens, we are going to be imposing a major border tax on
2:21 pm
the product when it comes in which i think is fair. all you have to do is stay. don't leave. don't fire your people in the united states. >> he also met separately with union leaders. should be noted that the union leaders, there's a big press opportunity. they showed union leaders applauding president trump. >> business leaders applauding president trump because he's the president and you want to be on his good side. you don't want his twitter account going after you like he did after carrier or nabisco or ford. this is the man in power for the next four years. we want an ally, a friend in the oval office. let's think about something like nafta. what we know about nafta is it increased u.s. exports. increased them. in creating higher-paying jobs in the united states, doing well for american workers but not necessarily for people who are
2:22 pm
without a college education, blue-collar workers. some of those jobs have gone away i think trump has picked up on the sentiment. those people feel forgotten. let me also add with regard to the tpp that has now gone away that's history. that is 40% of the global marketplace. 40%. what we are doing is saying china, you go ahead and make your own deals in that part of the world. the united states, we will not have access to the rising middle class, growing consumer population in that part of the world. >> let me quickly respond. the deal with trade partnerships, especially when you are the country that we are, the biggest consumer in the world of all these goods. that is an asset. when you are doing these grand deals with many countries, you lose that opportunity to negotiate one-on-one. if i were to come in the room and say you guys, i want to make a deal with all of you, i don't have a chance. i can cut better deals dealing
2:23 pm
with each one of you directly because we are the consumer. we have a case of the car. that's the difference. >> here's the difference. if you do a deal like that, for me the american consumer. other people are doing group nations, not just one at a time. >> what happened with the eu. that's the problem. >> corporate tax cutting, regulations, awesome. border tax not awesome. the poor afford fewer goods if those goods go up. i don't think killing the tpp addresses the reality of our economy. protectionism only protects companies from the changing reality of the future bird you've got to deal with the future, and protectionism is just a lie. >> someone call a trade free, free trade agreement protectionism. true free trade.
2:24 pm
doing a deal bilaterally rather than greg doing a deal with his people and eric doing a deal with his people, you have to represent other people as well. the theory being if prices are going up, you are doing that deal as a consumer because you are keeping the jobs here. it actually grows the economy. >> the reason why economies have grown is because of free trade, because of globalism. not protectionism. >> if i can't do the deal with you because you have a deal with someone else, that's not free-trade. >> that is one of the reason you have leverage with doing it with so many companies all at once. more complicated. >> increase our influence in asian markets. >> the currency manipulation piece is the one that i think is the most serious. >> that is now history. i don't know how you're going to fix that. it's already been fixed. >> who is the number one currency manipulator? >> china. >> you win a prize.
2:25 pm
2:26 pm
2:27 pm
2:28 pm
2:29 pm
♪ >> welcome back. as we mentioned, president trump signed three executive orders today, including one to withdraw from tpp, a deal that former president obama helped negotiate. mr. trump can use his executive power this week to make changes to the obama administration's immigration policy. he may act on his own to deport more illegals, jump start the border wall or restrict immigration from syria. apparently the president has wide discretion in accepting reviews -- refugees. >> i think sean spicer said he
2:30 pm
didn't want to jump in front of the president. can i talk a little bit about the regulations you mentioned. president trump has vowed to roll back regulations. i think is going to dismantle the epa. also management and budgets today estimated that 9.8 billion man hours are required to is cy with federal paperwork alone in a cost somewhere between 20 and $30,000 per employee for businesses, small businesses. donald trump hitting the things he promised executive orders on paired also rolling back regulations. i think that's going to be really good. a lot of people wondering how the actual donald trump presidency was going to relate to what the promises of the campaign more. the markets have responded positively, we find out, between election day and inauguration day, donald trump has had the most positive market reaction since 1928 and the second most
2:31 pm
positive and 115 years. smooth transition. >> okay. it's like the people's choice awards. you can talk about whatever you want. >> the people choose immigration. >> i think he really does not need to make any new laws are more restrictive laws as it relates to immigration. i say this as a prosecutor who worked in a sanctuary city. you need to let sessions go in, do his job. let general kelly do his job in homeland security and let them enforce the laws that exist right now. i think you'll see already without enforcing and the lack of prosecutorial memos that holder had put forward. people weren't being prosecuted for these, it was a revolving door for re-offenders and recidivists. shut it down.
2:32 pm
follow the laws on the books for that's all he has to do. >> president trump is leading with congressional leaders. a bipartisan meeting on capitol hill. i assume they will be talking about this. immigration, not only will he do something by executive order but i imagine they will talk about possible things that need legislative attention like e-verify. >> he will get support on that. people who like the idea of keeping our country open to refugees from syria, let's say, which is something contrary to what president trump has said. those people believe in e-verif e-verify. because employers often times want cheap labor and are willing to play with the rules that you have a constant stream of people coming, knowing they can find work without going through the proper protocol to be here. i think those people would say it's a good idea. they don't see that is punishing people who have high aspirations and struggle to get to this country. in fact, cracking down on the sort of big owners and wealthy
2:33 pm
people who have been taking advantage of cheap labor. let me add in quickly that i think if you are talking about sanctuary cities, this is going to be a fight because i think we have now our 50 biggest cities they are going to hold on to it. >> they are going to lose their funding. they can handle the problems of being besieged by people if they want to go ahead and not enforce the laws and act on their own. they're going to have to suffer the consequences. >> you can't do that under law but there are areas where you can be punished. >> president obama's pen may have been filled with invisible ink because i think we are finding, able to roll back a lot of things even on the first day. >> we've got to be really careful. we are on our third block of trump and i am feeling a trump overdose appeared we need to pace ourselves. >> the last 18 months didn't do it for you?
2:34 pm
>> we are like michael moore at a free buffet. we are overdosing, stuffing our faces with trump. >> it ain't national pie day. >> as a conservative, i hope that whatever trump does is the opposite of an imposition. the left has been about a positive injunction demanding you change your behavior, like that's obamacare. forcing you to go and buy something. that's what obamacare is. what the right used to be and what i hope it will become is live your life more freely. it's not about making more laws. it's about making it so you can live your own life without imposing it on other people. i'm kind of hoping that is the direction he goes. enforce the laws. >> easily said. easily done? next, the cast of "snl" keeping
2:35 pm
their politics close to their vest, as always. a love song for president obama. >> ♪
2:36 pm
2:37 pm
2:38 pm
2:39 pm
♪ >> normally "saturday night live" is as entertaining as an ocular migraine. they saying "to sir, with love" in honor of president obama. >> ♪ a friend who taught me right from wrong, weak from strong ♪ ♪ that's a lot to learn ♪ what can i give you in return? ♪ ♪ if you wanted the moon, i would try ♪
2:40 pm
♪ but i would rather you let me give my heart ♪ ♪ to sir, with love ♪ >> i want to get my life back. that was brutal. >> brilliant. this was brilliant. to satirize the blind love of the obedient entertainment world with a sappy love song dedicated to their fearless progressive cult leader and they played it straight, unloading a syria b valentine that could rot your teeth in ten paces. this had to be an attempt to mock hollywood's conformity, comparative -- it might be the greatest joke "saturday night live" ever made unless they were serious. if they were, we are really living in a polarized world of competing tribes. when you are exasperated, you are reminded of these groupies.
2:41 pm
he realized that while division and hate is scary, it's never as creepy as sickening love. something to keep in mind whether you adore obama or trum trump, while hate can do, drive people to do many things, love permits leaders to do all things. none of them good. it felt like you are watching a called video. >> it was super, super creepy. number one spot exceeding all the other horror films that frightened me like freddy krueger and jason and chuckie. it wasn't even entertaining or good. i don't know if you liked it. >> they were a bit off key. >> i don't know. i thought it was really creepy. looks kind of like they were worshiping him like he's some i don't even know. the picture was even kind of creepy. >> juan, could this happen in four or eight years with donald trump? could there be tributes?
2:42 pm
>> i don't know if eric can sing. >> he can wrap. -- he can rap. >> that wasn't about you. >> i thought it was over the line. i think it was. >> they are like the new obama girls. >> to me, this was a shot at trump because i think it was saying oh, my gosh. what a difference between having obama's white house and the kind of restraint or whatever. >> where did you get that? >> that was a giant leap. i hope you have a parachute for that. there goes juan. >> i don't have to have a parachute after saturday. anytime the president goes over the to the cia and says this is
2:43 pm
made up by the media. i never called you nazis. you think what? >> what happened to speaking truth to power, your comedy show. your liberal comedy show. >> where was alec baldwin's trump? >> i think the guy should have worn a shirt. >> dana does not like back. he would never be invited to dana's house for brisket. only greg was. >> madonna told the world this weekend. what? >> nothing. >> what? >> i was going to make a point about "the new york times" ." the art section writing a feature piece saying we've never had a president like president obama who was so into it with the arts. then you had this big feature about all the books and how president obama soothes himself with books in the white house. george w. bush definitely read
2:44 pm
as many if not more than that and they would have never done such a feature. the media that is having this reawakening that they need to be tough on power. it's welcome but they haven't been shining themselves in glor glory. shining? clothing themselves? >> doesn't matter. >> turned another page in the grade-point journal. >> i need a better grammar journal. >> madonna told the world she thought about blowing up the trump white house. that blew up in her face. greg, resist the joke. she says we all misunderstood her. next. what makes this simple salad the best simple salad ever? heart healthy california walnuts. the best simple veggie dish ever? heart healthy california walnuts. the best simple dinner ever? heart healthy california walnuts.
2:45 pm
great tasting, heart healthy california walnuts. so simple. get the recipes at walnuts.org. my lineage was the vecchios and zuccolis. through ancestry, through dna i found out that i was only 16% italian. he was 34% eastern european. so i went onto ancestry, soon learned that one of our ancestors we thought was italian was eastern european. this is my ancestor who i didn't know about. he looks a little bit like me, yes. ancestry has many paths to discovering your story. get started for free at ancestry.com when you hit 300,000 miles. or here, when you walked away without a scratch. maybe it was the day your baby came home. or maybe the day you realized your baby was not a baby anymore. every subaru is built to earn your trust.
2:46 pm
because we know what you're trusting us with. subaru. kelley blue book's most trusted brand. and best overall brand. love. it's what makes a subaru, a subaru.
2:47 pm
2:48 pm
>> yes, i'm angry. yes, i am outraged. yes, i have thought an awful lot about blowing up the white house. but i know that this won't change anything. >> doing what she dlf. she was fired up at the women's march in washington on saturday. now there are unconfirmed
2:49 pm
reports or talk about blowing up the white house might have gotten the attention of the secret service. so we called the agency today pray they wouldn't comment. the singer is trying to walk back the inflammatory remarks, posting on instagram "i'm a nonviolent person. i do not promote violence, and it is important people hear and understand my speech in its entirety rather than one phrase taken wildly out of context." she is quoting herself. i want to start a revolution of love. i know than acting out of anger doesn't solve anything. greg, what do you think? >> i think she should be arrested and put away for life. and then maybe trump can pardon her like chelsea manning. it's 5% of those who marched this weekend and protested. at the embassies of the countries who abuse women and gays. if they had gone to those embassies of countries that supported hillary clinton, i would say that's amazing.
2:50 pm
right now, they are marching for equal rights in western countries. >> that they have already. >> fight a real battle. >> dana, the turnout was huge. i'm wondering what you made out of it. why such huge turnout? what do you make of the fact that it wasn't only in washington but around the country. several cities around the world. >> i do think it's quite remarkable, the grassroots nature of it. reminded me of the tea party and how that grow without any sort of central leadership. in fact, i think the democratic -- the democrats want to take over the dnc or who want to be in the lead or harness the energy missed the boat this weekend because you didn't have them there at any of these marches. they were at a big donor conference in florida. they missed that opportunity print i think. >> that's a donor boner. >> oh, no.
2:51 pm
>> it's a mistake. because i think i'm done. >> eric, do you think that's can translate into real action or is it just a huge protest against trump? >> i think this is a grassroots protest not unlike what occupy was fun occupy fizzled. if there was a boy they can organize and stay together, they have some real firepower there. going back to madonna, i do think she should be in trouble. i do think she should be investigated under the terror act because if a muslim man said that, we would be up in arms at this table. i certainly would be, saying he should be arrested for saying something like that. i would be the first one calling for that. >> because she's a white woman. >> words matter. young people are watching all these people and young people heard her say that. don't tell me she didn't affect some young people with that comment. >> let me ask you about the
2:52 pm
hats. that was the hallmark of the march. these hats with the -- >> yes. [laughter] >> i like pink. i like pie. let's go. >> you didn't like the hats? one more thing. up next. ♪ your body was made for better things than rheumatoid arthritis. before you and your rheumatologist move to another treatment, ask if xeljanz is right for you. xeljanz is a small pill for adults with moderate to severe ra for whom methotrexate did not work well. xeljanz can reduce joint pain and swelling in as little as two weeks, and help stop further joint damage. xeljanz can lower your ability to fight infections, including tuberculosis. serious, sometimes fatal infections, lymphoma and other cancers have happened. don't start xeljanz if you have an infection. tears in the stomach or intestines, low blood cell
2:53 pm
counts and higher liver tests and cholesterol levels have happened. your doctor should perform blood tests before you start and while taking xeljanz, and monitor certain liver tests. tell your doctor if you were in a region where fungal infections are common and if you have had tb, hepatitis b or c, or are prone to infections. xeljanz can reduce the symptoms of ra, even without methotrexate, and is also available in a once-daily pill. ask about xeljanz xr. juswho own them,ople every business is different. but every one of those businesses will need legal help as they age and grow. whether it be help starting your business, vendor contracts or employment agreements. legalzoom's network of attorneys can help you every step of the way so you can focus on what you do. we'll handle the legal stuff that comes up along the way. legalzoom. legal help is here.
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
when i was too busy with the kids to get a repair estimate. i just snapped a photo and got an estimate in 24 hours. my insurance company definitely doesn't have that... you can leave worry behind when liberty stands with you™ liberty mutual insurance
2:56 pm
♪ >> time now for one more thing. juan. >> damp, cold weather, predicting a big storm in new york for today and the rest of the week. our newest weather satellite is changing the way americans can predict the weather. check out these new images. four times the power of our existing satellite. full images of the earth every 15 minutes. here's the coolest thing. a new feature, global lightning wrapper. scans severe weather every 30 seconds. current weather radar can't do it in less than 6 minutes. this is going to help with early warnings for lightning, ground strikes, storms. it's going to help aircraft over the ocean and of course going to help us predict where the weather is going to get severe. great work by nasa. >> do you like the weather
2:57 pm
channel? >> i like that stuff. >> time for greg's commuter news. if you are driving. >> you don't drive. >> i know. let's not get into that. when you are driving, make sure if you have your sea lion that you don't pull a romney. don't put it on the roof of your car. if you make a sharp turn, sea lion is going to roll off and it will be terrible. did you know there are carpool lanes with cars for sea lions? >> you are making it up. >> i am lying. i am lying about the lion. cute video. >> there was an update today from houston on george h.w. bush and barbara bush. both still in the hospital but doing better. you've saw photographs released. that is a stock photo. they wanted to thank all the
2:58 pm
americans, people around the world that were praying for them. the doctors said they are remarkable, not your typical 91 and 92-year-olds. they are strong people. >> they celebrated 72 years of marriage over the weekend. that's absolutely fantastic. >> you've got a long way to go, greg. >> ain't going to make it. i'm not going to live that long. >> i got those pictures developed from walgreens. after all that time. this was amazing. this was at the liberty inaugural ball. >> look at the line. long line. >> here we are with kellyanne conway. she was mingling in the crowd. fantastic. >> that was her birthday. >> it was her birthday. we had a bunch of fun. there is jeff sessions, who also hung out with us a little bit. and long line around him too.
2:59 pm
the director of possibilities. >> man crush. >> if you need to figure out how to get anywhere in d.c., he's the guy. >> he's looking good. now it's time for me. time for -- the emmy award winning. no, in my mind it is. dana gave this to me. national pie day celebrated every january 23rd. we would be remiss if we skipped this opportunity. apparently nobody wants to eat this delicious pie but me. it juan asked if he could take it home with him. not too sure what's going on the batch. >> what kind of pie? >> apple pie. pies have a long history dating back to 1300 bc. dana likes a good marching band. i like a good pie. a good chicken pot pie.
3:00 pm
this is apple which i really love. >> it's got a beautiful top. >> i think the peach ones are good. >> where did it come from? >> red flame bakery. that's it for us. "special report" is next. >> president trump calls a day one. he takes meetings with business and union leaders, signs executive orders, and sensitive top spokesman to answer questions for the first time. this is "special report" ." good evening prayer and welcome to washington. i am bret baier. it has not taken president donald trump long to jump into his new role feetfirst. on this first monday of this first week in office, the president set about fulfilling to fulfill -- campaign promises. business, trade, the economy. after a fiery

87 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on