Skip to main content

tv
Trump
Archive
  Tucker Carlson Tonight  FOX News  March 15, 2017 6:00pm-7:01pm PDT

6:00 pm
please remember the spin stops here. because we are definitely looking out for you. >> president trump: what the country is doing right now, very well. but it's illegal. it's not supposed to happen, it's not supposed be leaked. how bad obamacare is, it is the worst anybody has seen. obamacare is a disaster. if i had the greatest bill in the history of the world, they would not vote for it because they hate the republicans. probably hate me. wiretapped, it covers a lot of different things. you will see a lot of items coming to the forefront over the next few weeks. >> tucker: welcome to "tucker carlson tonight," we sat down for an interview with donald trump. we boarded air force one with the president outside of d.c.
6:01 pm
and flew with him to detroit where he held a meeting with auto industry executives. he spoke with us at willow run airport. he had a lot to say about his tax returns. the wiretapped controversy. obamacare and of course, the press. so, last night your tax return from 2005, the first two pages. and at the reporter who got it said it was in his mailbox. he suggested it did not come from the irs but it would leaked to him potentially by someone in the white house. >> president trump: certainly not from the white house. at that i can tell you. i do not know where they got it. this guy has been following me for 25 years. i have no idea where they got it but it is illegal. if you are not supposed to have it. it's not supposed to be leaked. it is certainly not an
6:02 pm
embarrassing tax return at all. but it is an illegal thing. they have been doing it, they've done it before it i think it is a disgrace. >> tucker: it showed that you paid a little less than 25% on your income that year which is more than a a lot of people but it's still less than 40%. is it they are to have a tax return where wagers pay twice the tax that investors do? >> president trump: it is not fair because the income was actually $250 million for the year. there is about $100 million in tax deductions and various other charges. income was at the 250 level and if you look at it, it's a lower number and no i did not think it is fair. i've been complaining about it for a long time. i do not care about me anymore. i care about the people. i am very satisfied. i will not go back into building
6:03 pm
major buildings. used to have a good time doing it. this is what i'm doing now. i am saving a lot of money on the airplanes, $25 million. it probably took me half an hou hour. we have saved a tremendous amount of money in government already. that's just the beginning. people are paying too high a ta tax. i want to get the health care taken care of. having to do with politics and also congress. it has to come first. it really has to come first. one of the reasons i want to get it finished, ideally soon is because i want to start on the taxes. people are paying too high, companies are paying too high. it is affecting our jobs and a lot of other things. with that being said, the country is doing right now really well. the level of optimism is the highest it has been in 15 years. the kind of numbers coming out, the enthusiasm -- i saw on fox &
6:04 pm
friends, they had a man who is saying trump is the greatest president ever and they will never be one like him. now, the thing is, i've only been here for like 50 days. but he's really enthusiastic. he is a manufacturer. i have taken off regulations by the thousands. we are just starting. there is great optimism about the economy. but we have to get the taxes reduced. >> tucker: you can imagine a system where federal top is a little less than 40%. you would like to see -- >> president trump: it is going to go way down. for business. i'm going to try to get the 15% level if we can for the business. i think it'll be a little bit higher than that we will try to get the 15% level. there is tremendous waste in this country. the bidding procedures, medicine for example -- i met with a
6:05 pm
congressman and he was in my office. the fact that prescription drugs are so expensive in this country and for people. i'm going to work and put in this bill or shortly thereafter a new bill, bidding for drugs and prescription drugs. if you go to europe, they buy them for a fraction. of what they pay in the united states. because we have a middleman system. we have a lot of bad systems but basically we do not have a good bidding system. we are going to get drug prices so far lower than they are now. your head will spin. >> tucker: you said in a subsequent bill -- seven years since obamacare past. republicans want to get rid of it and give us something better. are you satisfied with the bill we are now looking at, that paul ryan is pushing, that the best republicans can do? >> president trump: you have to understand, we only have 52. we have a two vote margin.
6:06 pm
to get 52 people is very hard. if we had 60 votes, we could do something different but we will never get a democrat vote. if i had the greatest bill in the history of the world, they would not vote for us because they hate the republicans, they probably hate me but they hate the republicans so badly that they cannot see straight. they will always vote against us. it's a shame -- that's one of the problems we have a people coming to my office, lowering drug prices and other things. the democrats will always vote against us. the hatred has been there for years. not just with me. when i was in washington years ago, i would come in and republicans would fight with the democrats during the day and then you would see them after dinner and their families would be out. the hatred is so incredible. honestly, it has been like that for a long time. it has been like that through the obama years. through the bush years.
6:07 pm
if we had 60 votes, perhaps we would do it a different way but the only way you're going to get it passed is with republican votes because the democrats -- no matter how bad obamacare is -- is the worst anyone has seen. by the way, this year will be the worst year of all. i said the other day -- they criticized me. obama is gone. smart guy. 17 is going to be the worst year because he is gone. he knew that was the year. obamacare is imploding. it is a disaster. the democrats know that. if we had the greatest health care bill ever in history, and we needed eight votes from the democrats to get us up to the 60 number? they would not vote for it. a very selfish thing. they are doing a very, very bad
6:08 pm
disservice to the country. >> tucker: one of the bill's centerpieces is tax cuts for investors, it would benefit people making over $250,000 a year. a bloomberg analysis showed that counties voting for you would do far less well under this bill. it seems like -- >> president tf things are inconsistent. but we need to do some negotiating. we are not going to get one democrat to vote for us. if this bill were perfect, for democrats and republicans, we will not get one democrat vote. because of selfishness, stupidity, because it's politics. it's really bad for our country, what is going on. for years, but it is really bad for our country.
6:09 pm
we will take care of our people, i'm not signing it. >> tucker: it doesn't seem like you agree with economics or foreign policy or social policy with paul ryan. do you share enough in common that he can -- that he's on board with your interest? >> president trump: i think he's on board with the american people. i think he wants to make my presidency very successful. we have had our run-ins, initially but i think he is wanting to do the right thing. at that i believe 100%. we will take care of the people and i am not signing anything. just so you understand. i am an arbitrator. we have the conservatives, the more liberal side of the republican party, the left, the right. within the republicans themselves, a lot of fighting going on. we have no democrats -- no matter what we do, we will never get a democrat.
6:10 pm
maybe one along the way. if we could get -- if we could get some democrats, we could change the bill. we could have it different. a repeal which we essentially have anyway. but a specific repeal. but we are not going to get any democrats, no matter what we do. it doesn't matter what we do. phase three, we will get some democrats. phase three, there will be incentives added. including, that is where i will put the bidding for medicine. phase three. phase i, phase ii company, not a phase. that's where our secretary -- tom price will sign away. he will sign his heart away. and he will get rid of those horrible things that have been signed over the year and then a lot of the goodies are added in phase three.
6:11 pm
or i will have a separate bill for the bidding of medicine. we will bring it way down. >> tucker: on march 4th, you are down in florida, you tweet -- the former administration wiretapped me. how did you find out? you said you just found out. >> president trump: i had been reading about things. i had been reading a "new york times" article about wiretapping. there was an article, i think they used that exact term it. i other things. i watched bret baier, where he was talking about certain, very complex sets of things happening. and wiretapping. i said wow it, there's lot of wiretapping being talked about. i won't discuss it for the most part because we have it before the committee. we will be submitting things before the committee very soon that have not been submi as
Check
6:12 pm
of yet. it's potentially a very serious issue. >> tucker: 51,000 people retweeted that. a lot of people thought that was plausible. they believe you, you are the president. if you are in charge of the agency. every intelligence agency reports to you. why not immediately go to them? >> president trump: i don't want to violate any strength of an agency. i just want people to know, the cia was hacked and a lot of things were taken. that was during the obama years. during the obama situation. mike pompeo is doing a fantastic job now. we will be submitting certain things and i will be perhaps speaking about this next week but it is right now before the committee and i think i want to leave it there. >> tucker: why not wait to tweet about it until you can prove it? if you can't provide evidence? >> president trump: because "the new york times" wrote about it. i call it the failing
6:13 pm
"new york times," not that i respect them. other people have come out with -- >> tucker: you have the ability to gather all the information you want, you are the president. >> president trump: if you watched bret baier and what he was saying, what he was talking about and how he mentioned the word wiretapped committee would feel very confident. other people of mentioned it but if you take a look at some of the things -- wiretapping, and those words were." wiretapping is pretty old-fashioned stuff but that covers surveillance and many other things. no one talks about the fact that they were." i think you will find some very interesting items coming to the forefront over the next two weeks. >> tucker: you may see some of those on twitter, the president goes on to talk about tweeting. he will keep doing it even
6:14 pm
though it gets in his own way sometimes. breaking news tonight. the president wrapping up a rally in nashville, tennessee, where he addressed the latest threat to his new travel ban, a judge has weighed in. we will go live to nashville for the latest. stay tuned. guests can earn a how cafree night when theypring book direct on choicehotels.com and stay with us just two times? spring time. badda book. badda boom. or... badda bloom. seriously? book now at choicehotels.com various: (shouting) heigh! ho! ( ♪ ) it's off to work we go! woman: on the gulf coast, new exxonmobil projects are expected to create over 45,000 jobs. and each job created by the energy industry
6:15 pm
supports two others in the community. altogether, the industry supports over 9 million jobs nationwide. these are jobs that natural gas is helping make happen, all while reducing america's emissions. energy lives here. all while reducing america's emissions. ♪ ♪
6:16 pm
everyone deserves attention, whether you've saved a lot or just a little. at pnc investments, we believe you're more than just a number. so we provide personal financial advice for every retirement investor.
6:17 pm
>> tucker: welcome back, we traveled to detroit in the air force one. here's part two of that interview with donald trump. is there anyone in the white house who can say, mr. president, do not tweet that. >> president trump: maybe i would not be here if it wasn't for twitter.
6:18 pm
i get such a fake and dishonest press. i'm not including fox because i think fox has been fair to me. if you look at cnn and these other networks, and bc. i made a fortune for nbc with the apprentice. i had one of the most successful reality shows of all time. i was on for 14 seasons. you see what happens when i am not on? it was a disaster. they are despicable, despicable in their coverage. cbs, abc, take a look at what is going on. i call it the fake press, the fake media. it is a disgrace what is happening. >> tucker: as you know, the response -- you had great press all week, bipartisan and then you read off this tweet and immediately -- >> president trump: excuse me. i do very successful night.
6:19 pm
i got reviews even from people i would never think i would get good reviews from. and then all of a sudden they came up with a new dialogue. that speech was hot for about two or three hours. because they came up with other things having to do with other people that they should not have been able to do and they should not have done but they did it. you know exactly what i'm talking about. the news is not honest. it is not honest. when i have close to 100 million people watching me on twitter, including facebook and instagra instagram. i guess pretty close to 100 million people i have my own form of media. if i tweet two or three or four times a day, if most of them are good -- i want them all to be good but if i make one mistake -- i don't think this will prove
6:20 pm
to be a mistake at all. >> tucker: do think it's okay, even people who support you, they say look, i believe what he believes and i want him to succeed but the president says something that can be not be proved or demonstrably untrue -- >> president trump: let's see whether or not i prove it. i choose to do it before the committee and maybe i will do it before i see the result of the committee. i think we have some very good stuff. we are in the process of putting it together. i think it is going to be very demonstrative. but just on twitter, if i do not do that, i won't get my word out. when i say things, the press does not cover it accurately. much of the press. some of the finest people i know our reporters. reporters are wonderful. i'm talking about the fake media, the fake news. if they are not going to do me the honor or the public the honor of spreading my word
6:21 pm
accurately as it was meant, you know exactly what i'm talking about, because there is been nobody in history that got more dishonest media than i have gotten. look at some of the stories in "the new york times" ." in "the washington post." take a look at what is going on at cnn, cbs, nbc. no matter how good it is, they do not report it in a positive fashion. when i can reach -- whether 90 million or 100 million or 80 million, when you add everything up and then it gets disseminated from there, when i can reach that many people -- twitter is a wonderful thing for me. >> tucker: does it go through any kind of mediator? >> president trump: sometimes i will have somebody and i will say, do you think i should say this? they will come to me a lot.
6:22 pm
and they will say -- i am not talking about twitter. but i might not be here talking to you right now as president if i did not have an honest way of getting the word out. >> tucker: last question. european nationalism is flowering and a lot of it is about immigration and culture. to think it's possible to move a large muslim population into the west and successfully integrate them? have you seen that anywhere? >> president trump: it's not easy and it certainly has not been easy. germany took a lot of heat over sweden. there was that massive riot, no one talks about it. it certainly has not proven to be easy. at the same time, while they have been trying, we will let you know. the assimilation has been very, very hard. it's been a very difficult process. i want this country to be safe. to be great. it's called make america great
6:23 pm
again. that's why i got elected. many muslims love our country. but it has been a hard process. if you look at germany, sweden, brussels -- look at what is going on. it has been a very hard process. we are going to try very, very hard to make it work. >> tucker: mr. president, thank you very much. more of the interview with president trump, tune in tomorrow at 9:00. we will ask him how he occupies himself at the end of every workday. the president just told us he did not leak his taxes. whoever did frequently broke the law. a panel to break that down thinking about what to avoid, where to go, and how to work around your uc.
6:24 pm
that's how i thought it had to be. but then i talked to my doctor about humira, and learned humira can help get and keep uc under control... when certain medications haven't worked well enough. humira can lower your ability to fight infections, including tuberculosis. serious, sometimes fatal infections and cancers, including lymphoma, have happened; as have blood, liver, and nervous system problems, serious allergic reactions, and new or worsening heart failure. before treatment, get tested for tb. tell your doctor if you've been to areas where certain fungal infections are common and if you've had tb, hepatitis b, are prone to infections, or have flu-like symptoms or sores. don't start humira if you have an infection. raise your expectations and ask your gastroenterologist if humira may be right for you. with humira, control is possible.
6:25 pm
batteries you can trust against the ear hair you can't. without them you're conducting business with an armpit on the side of your head. that's not just some battery. that's a duracell battery. that's a power you can trust.
6:26 pm
for over 100 years like kraft has,natural cheese you learn a lot about what people want. honey, do we have like a super creamy cheese with taco spice already in it? oh, thanks. bon appe-cheese! okay... remember when you said men are supeyeah...ivers? yeah, then how'd i get this... ...allstate safe driving bonus check? ...only allstate sends you a bonus check for every six months you're accident free. silence. it's good to be in, good hands.
6:27 pm
>> tucker: during an interview with president trump, he told us he is not responsible for leaking his tax returns though some suggested he was. it certainly seemed to work out for him. last night at your tax return from 2005, the first two pages appeared and the reporter who got it said it was in his mailbox. he suggested it did not come from the irs but that it was leaked to him potentially by someone in the white house. >> president trump: certainly not from the white house. i did not know where they got it. this guy has been following me for 25 years. not much. i've no idea where they got it. but it is illegal.
6:28 pm
you're not supposed to have it and it is not supposed to be leaked. it is certainly not an embarrassing tax return at all. but it is an illegal thing. they've been doing it, they've done it before and i think it is a disgrace. >> tucker: we are joined right now by mollie hemingway and daniel. welcome to you both. were you surprised by his answe answer? he didn't seem upset about the release of these tax returns. >> he didn't even deny that he knew about it. he just said it did not come from the white house. i'm not suggesting that he did, the answer is a little strange. the tax returns actually did him a favor, right? a lot of people were interested and there is a lot of speculation, hillary clinton was going on suggesting he paid no taxes or he perhaps did something illegal. it does not seem that is the
6:29 pm
case. they're probably hundreds of thousands of pages over the years, obviously we are curious to see more but this has sort of diffused the whole talk about tax return. >> tucker: i thought the most interesting part of the entire interview was his response about relative tax rates. for some reason, it's a bedrock principle of conservative economics. people who make a wage are just like folks benefiting from the kindness of investors. he said they should be the same rate. i've never heard any republican say that ever. >> that was one of the interesting things to come out. the high rate that he has paid in taxes. it's also important to nail down who released this information because journalists are actually asking people at the irs -- this is a serious felony. up to $5,000 fine. nobody is allowed to release your tax information unless you
6:30 pm
give permission. even as frustrated as we are to not have his full tax record. >> tucker: what is interesting, daniel, when you president speak -- he's got a very populist view of economics. in favor of middle-class economics. that's why he got elected as far as i am concerned. when you look at his proposals, it is kind of what you would expect from a chamber of commerce republican. tax cuts for investors. there is a huge disconnect between the policy and the language. >> when he did talk about health care, he was sort of less interested and less detail oriented than when he was talking about the media or other things that he was more interested in during your interview. it is revealing and i think a mistake perhaps that they did not nail down these details in the health care bill before
6:31 pm
pushing it forward. you ask them, is that the bill you couldn't support? he says something well it was on the negotiating table. yet his white house and people are out there everything will they defending it, using his name. it is a weird sort of dichotomy between what is it that he he stands for? what policies is he pushing because things are being pushed in his name and they are being attached to him. >> tucker: pushed by people who do not share his views. i wonder, if the republican leadership is going to put into law the things that he ran on. they do not agree with him on core issues. >> also, he talked about how the bill was based on the principles he laid out and a speaker paul ryan's office immediately got that out on social media. they are trying to tie themselves to trump because they will think it will help them pass this bill but so much during the campaign, he was
6:32 pm
talking about the failures of obamacare. it will be interesting to find out what he considers failures of obamacare. >> tucker: i think getting rid of the mandate would be his answer but he did not get to that. we will be back to you in just a minute. we have a fox news alert for you. a federal judge in hawaii has struck down the trump administration's knew and advised travel ban. he used the speech there to respond to the new ruling. >> hey, president trump vouched to fight this ruling all the way to the supreme court. he essentially admitted this is a watered-down version of the first executive order on immigration, which the ninth circuit court of appeals knocked down. this is the same thing just watered-down. then he said that the fact that this judge, this federal judge
6:33 pm
in hawaii overturned it just hours before it was set to take effect, he called that an unprecedented act of judicial overreach. listen to how trump broke the news to all of his supporters. >> a judge has just blocked our executive order on travel and refugees coming into our country from certain countries. [boos] >> the order he blocked was a watered-down version of the first order. this is the opinion of many -- an unprecedented judicial overreach. >> before attending the rally here in nashville, president trump first visited the home of armor president andrew jackson. on the 250th anniversary of his
6:34 pm
birth. president trump has said he'd seen a lot of parallels between these two men. they were both outsider populist presidents who came into shake up the status quo in defense of the common man and tonight here at this rally, he mentioned real leadership means putting america first. before this travel ban became the big story tonight, the big story was supposed to be health care. president trump did defend the house republican health care plan. he said it echoed a lot of the things he mentioned in his inaugural address. while he talked about it, he didn't speak about it as strongly as perhaps he could have. he's spoken a lot more ecclesiastic enthusiastically about the border and this order. >> tucker: the president just told us obamacare is a disaster and the republicans need to get behind house speaker paul ryan's plan to repeal it. a fox news poll suggests there's
6:35 pm
a lot to do to win over the rest of the country. stay tuned. ♪ if you have moderate to severe plaque psoriasis isn't it time to let the real you shine through? introducing otezla, apremilast. otezla is not an injection, or a cream. it's a pill that treats plaque psoriasis differently. some people who took otezla saw 75% clearer skin after 4 months. and otezla's prescribing information has no requirement for routine lab monitoring.
6:36 pm
don't take otezla if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. otezla may increase the risk of depression. tell your doctor if you have a history of depression or suicidal thoughts, or if these feelings develop. some people taking otezla reported weight loss. your doctor should monitor your weight and may stop treatment. side effects may include diarrhea, nausea, upper respiratory tract infection, and headache. tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, and if you're pregnant or planning to be. ask your dermatologist about otezla today. otezla. show more of you.
6:37 pm
when you have digestive sensitivities, life can feel like a never ending search for food that won't cause bloating, gas, or inner turmoil. try pronourish. a delicious nutritional drink that makes a great mini meal or snack that has protein and fiber. and pronourish has no gluten or high fructose corn syrup. and is low in fodmap ingredients that can trigger digestive sensitivities. the search is over. pronourish. nutrition you can feel good about. this is not a screensaver.game. this is the destruction of a cancer cell by the body's own immune system, thanks to medicine that didn't exist until now. and today can save your life. ♪ ♪
6:38 pm
"how to win at business." step one: point decisively with the arm of your glasses. abracadabra. the stage is yours. step two: choose la quinta. the only hotel where you can redeem loyalty points for a free night-instantly and win at business. so find a venus smooth that contours to curves, the smoother the skin, the more comfortable you are in it. flexes for comfort, and has a disposable made for you. skin smoothing venus razors.
6:39 pm
>> tucker: in our interview with president trump, the president said this about obamacare. are you satisfied that the bill we are now looking at, that paul ryan is pushing, is the best the republicans could do? >> i think we will have a negotiation. we only have 52. we have a two vote margin. to get 52 people is very hard. if we had 60 votes we could do something different but we will never get a democrat vote. obamacare is a disaster. the premiums are going up at numbers as high as 116%. by the way, this year will be the worst year of all. i said the other day, i said obama is gone. a smart guy. he put things on. '17 is going to be the worst year. he knew that was the year. let him be out before it
6:40 pm
implodes. obamacare is imploding. it is a disaster. the democrats know that. if this bill were perfect, if this was the greatest bill for democrats and republicans -- we would get one democrat. because of selfishness, stupidity, it's really bad what is going on in our country. it's really bad for our country. we will take care of our people, well, i'm not signing it. >> tucker: the president says paul ryan's obamacare repeal is the solution but the american people are apparently wary. replacing obamacare, 64% opposed. chris collins -- the congressmen helping to repeal this bill. you have seen those numbers, you see with the president just said. he was tepid when i asked about
6:41 pm
the details. he said look, we will negotiate this. what would you be willing to seek go in order to get it through to congress? >> the president was energized, confident, i watched your interview. certainly proud to call him my president. he's got boundless energy. we have been working on this for a long time as you know. i've been working on the fundamental changes to medicaid now for well over a year to come up with a per capita. we have liberal members from new jersey, new york, ohio areas. conservatives from texas, florida, louisiana. this is a compromise bill. it is not perfect for anyone but it accomplishes what we do need to accomplish financially, putting the medicaid expansion which we are continuing, that they compromise but at a normal
6:42 pm
reimbursement. 50% in new york, not 90%. what we have right now it is the compromised plan that the speaker will be bringing to the house floor in about two weeks. i don't frankly as someone who has been very involved like this seen too many tweaks coming. if you tweak at one end, you lose a moderate. you tweak at the other end, you lose a conservative. we are right there in the middl middle. by and large, may be a couple of small items, this is what we will go forward with. >> tucker: you are the authority of the politics of it, not me. the substance of it, does it seem a little strange how far this bill is from what president trump ran on? it disproportionately helps voters in the upper brackets. those are not trump voters and yet it will apparently result in the loss of coverage for millions of people.
6:43 pm
that's kind of the opposite of what he said when he was running for president. >> we are dealing with the deficit. $370 billion off of the deficit, moving forward. lowering premiums over the next ten years. that's something we are absolutely focused on. as a compromise, continuing the expansion of medicaid. it's the normal reimbursement rate states get for medicaid. i did not believe the cbo scores that somehow 14 million americans are dropping off next year. there is effectively no changes. i still can't get my head around why somebody -- we are not changing the exchanges. i'm a little befuddled by that one. what we are doing that is huge for the economy, what the president talked about is we are eliminating the employer mandate. small businesses with 49 employees can now grow to 55 or 60 employees. workers that were forced to drop 39 hours a week to 24 hours a
6:44 pm
week, how to take on two part-time jobs can go back to one job with 39 hours to supplement their income. really on the economic front, we are eliminating $1 trillion in taxes. by eliminating the employer mandate, the individual mandate, the health insurance tax. >> tucker: i got that. i hope that that is true. finally, the president said there is a third phase to this and that is where the goodies are. that phase would acquire a buy-in from a number of democrats. is that realistic? >> i think we are talking about tort reform. while a lot of democrats are in the pockets of trial lawyers, we realize there is a lot of defensive medicine, doctors ordering tests they know they are not needed but we are going to be putting tort reform on
6:45 pm
that third phase. we do need 60 votes in the senate. competition across state lines. that will be in that third bucket as well to help reduce premium costs. >> tucker: congressman, good luck with that. up next, president trump says his claim that president obama wiretapped him will be verified sooner rather than later. our panel will be back to asses assess. how about adding a third? we think there's a bajillion ways to measure success. and whether you have hundreds or millions... we think you deserve the financial freedom to sleep like this at night. this is the new success story. and at t-i-a-a, we're with you. start today at t-i-a-a dot org.
6:46 pm
find fast relief behind the counter allergies with nasal congestion? with claritin-d. [ upbeat music ] strut past that aisle for the allergy relief that starts working in as little as 30 minutes and contains the best oral decongestant. live claritin clear, with claritin-d.
6:47 pm
6:48 pm
6:49 pm
>> tucker: president trump told us that when all is said and done, obama spying on him will be vindicated. watch. you are down in florida and you tweet the former administration wiretapped me and surveilled me
6:50 pm
at trump tower during the last election. how did you find out? you said you just found out. >> i had been reading about things. i think it was january 20th, "the new york times" article where they were talking about wiretapping. i read other things. i watched your friend bret baier where he was talking about certain very complex sets of things happening. and wiretapping. i said wow. there is a lot of wiretapping being talked about. for the most part i'm not going to discuss it because we have it before the committee and we will be submitting things to the committee that have not been submitted as of yet. it is potentially a very serious situation. >> tucker: in that interview we heard president trump appear to credit fox news bret baier. but it never actually reported that. we're pretty sure the president was referring to this interview
6:51 pm
that bret baier conducted with paul ryan. >> there is a report that there is a fisa request to monitor surveillance of donald trump. they get turned down and then in october, they renew it. and they do start a wiretap at trump tower with some computer and russian banks and doesn't show up anything. have you heard that? >> like i said, none of us in congress has been presented with evidence to the contrary of what you have just said. >> you believe it to be true. >> we have seen no evidence that anyone in this campaign or any other american was in on it with the russians to meddle in our elections. we know russia is an adversary and that is something we have to work to counteract. >> my point is, the obama administration was pretty aggressive.
6:52 pm
>> i hear your point. i have seen nothing of that. that is my point. >> tucker: to the panel, bret baier clearly said a report of the fisa request. back with us, molly and daniel. >> these reports that you are reading, these accounts of wiretapping and he's asking paul ryan, he asks him three different times. he we've seen no evidence contrary to what you've just said. he says, do you believe it to be true? he says yes. my point is, if this is true, the obama administration was being pretty aggressive and ryan once again says yes i get your point, we have seen nothing come of this. i watched it that night and it didn't seem like paul ryan was confirming what was being said. >> tucker: interesting. daniel, i do not think anyone
6:53 pm
thinks president obama wiretapped president trump but anyone who has lived here for a while and pays attention know is that is entirely plausible that the u.s. government scooped up data coming in or coming out of trump tower. that's not a crazy accusation actually. >> we don't know. nothing he said tonight tells us that it did not happen. we do not actually know. he said he will come up with evidence. we just need to be patient and wait and see. it's possible, it's unlikely but it is possible. we just have not seen any evidence of it. i think it is just a wait and see. congress is investigating this. we will wait and see. >> tucker: i think it is entirely likely that the u.s. government has somewhere in its possession data from trump tower during the campaign. whether intentionally or unintentionally. i think that's entirely possibl
6:54 pm
possible. the white house in my view should have presented it with this tweet. you can't say things without backing them up. but on and off camera today, they take this seriously and he alluded to it, they have information that they will present as evidence. >> i totally agree everyone needs to put up or shut up. there is been far to them too information coming out. a selectively releasing information that did come from surveillance. transcripts of phone calls, nefarious reports and designed to make people think there is this treasonous involvement with russia. we don't have evidence. there is not a scintilla of evidence from someone who is a named source. you also have the former obama james clapper saying that he had no reason to believe there was any collusion between trump and the russians. we do need to wait and see what comes out. >> tucker: on both sides.
6:55 pm
it's actually driving me crazy. if i hear one more person accused by inference or innuendo, i think it will jump through the set. up next, we give you the very latest on that ruling we told you about against president trump's travel ban and the far-reaching consequences of it. stay tuned for that. ♪ why do we put so much effort into engineering the can-am defender? well, why do you put so much effort at everything you do? because a job worth doing, is worth doing right. can-am defender. tough, capable, clever. get a 3-year brp limited warranty plus a $1,500 cash rebate on 2016 defender models. visit your local
6:56 pm
dealer for details. nitrites or artificial mesquite preservatives.added nitrates, now it's good for us all. like introverts. extroverts. (cheering) and even bert. man you gotta' try this sandwich. who's just overt. oscar mayer deli fresh. so good! could save money on car insurance.e in fact, safe drivers who switch from geico to esurance could save hundreds. so if you switch to esurance, saving is a pretty safe bet. auto and home insurance for the modern world. esurance. an allstate company. click or call.
6:57 pm
choicehotels.com. badda book. that's it?. he means book direct at choicehotels.com for the lowest price on our rooms guaranteed. plus earn free nights and instant rewards at check-in. yeah. like i said. book now at choicehotels.com are upgrading their watere filter to zerowater. start with water that has a lot of dissolved solids... pour it through brita's two-stage filter... dissolved solids remain! what if we filter it over and over? oh dear. thank goodness zerowater's five-stage filter gets to all zeroes the first time. so maybe it's time to upgrade. get more out of your water. get zerowater.
6:58 pm
c'mohappy birthday! i survived a heart attack. i'm doing all i can to keep from having another one. and i'm taking brilinta. for people who've been hospitalized for a heart attack. i take brilinta with a baby aspirin. no more than one hundred milligrams as it affects how well it works. brilinta helps keep my platelets from sticking together and forming a clot. brilinta reduced the chance of another heart attack. or dying from one. it worked better than plavix. don't stop taking brilinta without talking to your doctor since stopping it too soon increases your risk of clots in your stent, heart attack, stroke, and even death. brilinta may cause bruising or bleeding more easily, or serious, sometimes fatal bleeding. don't take brilinta if you have bleeding,
6:59 pm
like stomach ulcers, a history of bleeding in the brain, or severe liver problems. tell your doctor about bleeding, new or unexpected shortness of breath, any planned surgery, and all medicines you take. talk to your doctor about brilinta. i'm doing all i can. that includes brilinta. if you can't afford your medication, astra zeneca may be able to help. >> tucker: back to that fox news alert, federal district court judge has struck down the trump administration's revised travel ban. in essence, the first amendment of the constitution applies to foreigners who have never set foot in this country. it says because of president trump's campaign rhetoric to any restriction in immigration is illegal discrimination. this is to say the very least an astonishingly far-reaching ruling. we will keep you updated on its
7:00 pm
consequences night after night. the show that is the sworn enemy of lying, pomposity, smugness and groupthink. stay tuned for sean, he is next. >> sean: thank you, tucker, great job tonight. president trump is back on the road, he held a rally in music city, nashville, tennessee. this time in hawaii, putting another hold on trump's travel ban and more, let's look at some of the highlights from tonight. >> moments ago, i learned that a district judge in hawaii -- part of the much overturned ninth circuit court --