Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  March 31, 2017 2:00pm-3:01pm PDT

2:00 pm
of course of late this optimism. going to see big tax cuts. regulatory relief and rework of healthcare. this weekend on the cost of freedom whether it's almost too perfect. "the five" is now. ♪ ♪ ♪ >> dana: hello, everyone. i'm dana perino. lisa booth, juan williams, greg gutfeld. it's 5:00 and this is "the five." new developments tonight on general michael flynn's surprising offer to testify before congress on the trump team's possible ties to russia in exchange for immunity. the president's former national security advisor was ousted last months for misleading the white house on his contacts with russia's ambassador. he is now seeking immunity because his lawyer says he has a story to tell. but wants assurances he won't be unfairly prosecuted in a, quote, highly politicized witch-hunt environment. several months back, general flynn characterized immunity
2:01 pm
deals as admissions of guilt. >> no individual too big to jail. that should include people like hillary clinton. i mean, five people around her have been given iunity to include her former chief of staff. when you are given immunity that means you have probably committed a crime. >> dana: maybe not. president trump once said something similar though about the clinton camp. does he think flynn is guilty of a crime? here is sean spicer's answer earlier. >> he believes mike flynn should go testify. >> with or without immunity? >> that's up to him and his lawyer to decide. i'm not going to give mike flynn or anyone else legal advice from the podium. i will tell you that the president's view is he should go up there. he should testify. >> the president gave legal advice from his twitter account. you said in the past only reason to ask for immunity is you committed a crime. >> what he is asking is go testify. go get it out there. do what you have to do to get there and tell congress and everyone exactly what we have been saying for a long time.
2:02 pm
>> this is an administration doing everything to get to the bottom of this in the appropriate way. i think that is an important distinction that has been lost on a lot of you. >> dana: last we left you a after one more thing last night we did not know about th immunity offer it came right after we left, eric. it's important to say even though when you are talking about your partisan opponent, you might say that it means you're guilty of a crime. immunity does not mean that and immunity can take a lot of different forms. but this wasn't necessarily the best way to get this story off the front page. >> eric: here is the way i read this is you are a good lawyer will always instruct to you ask for immunity. i mean, that is a great option for the person who is going to be standing there and may open himself to a lot of risk. to matterhat you say in this hearing it can be used against you in other hearings. of course you are going to ask for immunity. i think it's unfortunate that he said if you're
2:03 pm
granted immunity you are guilty of something. i don't know where that came from immunity during the campaign. he has something. he has information. and it's -- it's got a value. does the senate committee or do any of the committees think it's valuable enough to offer him immunity. it looks like they are not going to give it to him. again, to unmask someone you have to have a reason and have you to have clearance. then to go public like they did with michael flynn's name, that's a felony. so someone is going to be in a lot of trouble when they find out who unmasked and then went public with michael flynn's name. >> dana: that's true because the white house today, greg, they are wanting the investigation to focus on the unmasking issue instead of the meddling. the people on the other side said the meddling is important and the unmasking is second even though they admit it's a crime. >> greg: two-man race to the evidence. the race between the people who believe in the collusion
2:04 pm
they want that to be true. other side says no, it's a leak. the leak is slightly ahead. it appears there is more evidence about the leak than there is about collusion back to the immunity question, we have asked for it publicly. if he really wanted something, i would hit them up privately. >> dana: may have. >> greg: succulent secret staff. i'm going by what i know. i'm not speculating, dana. >> dana: so responsible. >> greg: publicly asking for immunity is like publicly asking for drugs. no one is going to say sure, have it. because it's bad form. by the way, why can't we just have immunity for everything? it's like why is it just when you have to talk in court? >> dana: where do you want it from? >> greg: relationship, work. >> how does that work though? >> greg: exactly. women would never grant you immunity. >> dana: let me take a quick look at -- they wouldn't. this is congressman chaffetz who was on earlier today talkg about whether he, as
2:05 pm
one of the chairman of the committees on the house side thinks that immunity should be granted. >> i don't think it's a witch-hunt. look, it's very mysterious to me though why all of a sudden general flynn is suddenly out there saying he wants immunity. a, i don't think congress should give him immunity. if there is an open investigation by the fbi, that should not happen. i also don't believe that actually the president should be weighing in on this. they are the ones that would actually prosecute something. i was very critical of president obama, who weighed in on the irs scandal, before we had all the facts. i don't think trump should be weighing in on this. immunity from what? we don't know what that is. it is up to the intel committee. >> dana: so, juan, having been -- not you but speaking of myself. having been in the trench and having to answer questions every day about an ongoing investigation in which the fbi was involved at the white house, my -- i was advised by lawyers and people around no comment. just stall in the briefing room say no comment while
2:06 pm
ongoing investigation was underway because even though that caused short-term pain in tsshe pre, it was better in the long run for the investigatio and for anybody at the white house or others who might have been involved. i think that even if that was the instinct of the white house in the press office, it's hard to do when the president is weighing in. and so now have you an additional layer of the president saying, basically, that they are very much public on this investigation. >> juan: what struck me is if the president said it's a witch-hunt. if you say it's a witch-hunt he is talking about those evil democrats or talking about that terrible media that failing "new york times." that awful "the washington post" or whatever when you say this you are talking about the intelligence agency. you tar bug people gathering information. >> dana: you don't think hes he is just talking about the press. >> juan: no. because they are not conducting the investigation and asking michael flynn to come in. it's the intelligence
2:07 pm
committees asking michael flynn to tell his story. if michael flynn is going to tell the truth why does donald trump think oh yeah, go ahead and seek immunity. i think it complicates matters and obviously on the surface, let's just stick with that for a second, it just doesn't look good. i think that's what i heard from republicans during the campaign with regard to clinton. it just doesn't look good because people may say where there is smoke, there's fire. at the moment the real problem is that you have a president who decides unlike sean spicer who was wise enough to say he doesn't give legal advice from the podium the president is spewing legal advice in a way to suggest there is something being hidden. >> dana: what do you think of this, lisa, because the unmasking issue is very seriously hi. >> absolutely. >> dana: even if you solve and get answers in an hour. unmasking issue about the alleged collusion is still there. so, what do you think theye up to? >> all we have seen is circumstantial evidence that
2:08 pm
the democrats have put forward. but i don't think you can say it's a witch-hunt, obviously, because there is ongoing fbi investigation. we don't know the full scope of that you cannot ignore that issue as a whole. i do think if you are the white house, it's got to be frustrating in the sense that this other side of the coin nobody seems interested in, right? the media doesn't seem as interested in the unmasking of americans' names. they don't seem as interested in the illegal leak of information that being said, if you're the president, you're north really doing yourself a service or doing any favors by keeping this information out in the media and tweeting something like that out today. guess what? there are a whole host of issues that americans care a lot about like finding replacement and passing a replacement plan for healthcare, like tax lee form. like getting neil gorsuch or conservatives to vote for president trump to get him confirmed. so when you are putting this information out there, when there are already soible questions, so much information out there already, you really aren't doing yourself any favors. so if the president is watching please stop doing
2:09 pm
that. [laughter] >> greg: was going to say the other reason why calling it a witch-hunt is wrong. it's an attack on witches. seriously. you think about witches. >> they have rights, too. nobody cares about them. >> greg: apparentl tortured and murdered and we act like we are comparing everything to a witch-hunt. witch hunts were bad. >> dana: that's talking about the hunters of the witches. refers to them not the witch. greg greg i think it's still inappropriate. people make me sick. >> dana: you were going to say something. >> eric: do you know who they definitely should offer immunity to and the trump organization would love to see this as well offer immunity to evelyn farkas. i talked about her today and again yesterday. this is someone who should have immunity. she knew too much. she was out of white house when she contacted the obama administration. suggesting that there was surveillance going on of the trump administration. why is that? who did you know? and how did you get that
2:10 pm
information and who did you pass it on to? boy, i think there is someone who should be immunity from prosecution because she is holding a loft cards. >> if you are flynn, can you blame him for especially given for how hyper partisan this has become on both sides of the of the fence just the shear amount this is given. the fact there is an fbi investigation. i don't blame the guy for trying to seek immunity deal. that's what he said in his statement no reasonable person would circumstantial subject themselves to this line of questioning given the fact the political nature of this. given the amount of attention it is without assurances against prosecution. so, i mean, it's obviously unfortunate that he had made those comments before because it sure doesn't look good today. that being said, you can't blame the guy given all these other circumstances for wanting to make some sort of deal. >> dana: that's the difference between legal advice and campaign rhetoric. >> juan: by the way, that was interesting what you had to say about witch-hunt. that was a good point. did you hear that gregory? it's about the hunted not the witch. >> greg: you don't want to go there juan.
2:11 pm
>> juan: i think the person who should be given immunity should be president trump. is he auy who apparently knew what was going on. knew about the perception being perpetrated by flynn and took him three weeks to get rid of flynn. wait a second, why would any president do that to his own vice president, send that message internally to his ow staff unless he felt that flynn had something on him? oh, jeesh. >> dana: i don't know. we also know there have been over zealous prosecutors in the past that try to get you on something that is not related to the eventual question. >> juan: going back to eric's point, dana, und such scrutiny under the microscope of microscope so intensely. there is no wide eyed prosecutor going to get away with anything here. >> eric: there are two investigations going on here. try to find some sort of collusion between trump and russians. the other one being what's with this unmasking and the felonious outing of americans names? >> juan: i just feel this is part of the white house
2:12 pm
smoke. they throw up this stuff about leaks, leaks, leaks. america country and a healthy sign. >> eric: every average american out there the more important issue is what do you mean americans? it may be possibly innocent americans names were outed. >> juan: no, wait a minute. >> dana: we have another block on this. >> greg: race i'm talking about. >> dana: here they go. they are on race. >> greg: i watch a lot of law and order. it's always the rich white guy that's guilty. i put my money on the rich, white guy. >> dana: very good. it is hollywood. >> juan: if it was a horror movie the black guy. >> dana: reading assignment is something eric brought up about evelyn farkas. philip bump wrote a piece about her. new reaction from the white house on the revelation that two trump officials were the ones who showed house intelligence committee chair, devin nunes those
2:13 pm
collection documents. plus, was he duped by the white house? nancy pelosi's theory next. dear freshpet, zooka had digestive problems and wouldn't eat. then i fed him freshpet. the following ad for your viewing convenience. so i just switched to geico. what took you so long? i know, i saved a ton of money on car insurance. that's what i'm talking about! geico also gives you 24/7 access to licensed agents! booooyah. good game, you really crushed it. no son, geico crushed it.
2:14 pm
♪ ♪
2:15 pm
2:16 pm
♪ dream of california fornication.
2:17 pm
>> eric: adam schiff got a chance to seat documents the chairman of the house intelligence committee got to see about trump team intercepts. the white house defended chairman nunes' controversial visit. >> it's appropriate for a member of congress to contact someone who has contacted him according to some of these reports. i don't know the answer to that, but if you're asking me is it appropriate for a member of congress to come over here. as chairman nunes has said himself, he wasn't hiding or room roaming. he was asked to come over. he came over. which happens daily. he weighs asked to go somewhere. he went there he is cleared. nothing that is inappropriate, and exactly the opposite. what he did, what he saw and who he met with was 100 percent proper. >> eric: minority leader nancy pelosi expressed a lot of suspicions about the visit earlier. >> it is very bizarre. i have long experience in the intelligence community, served with republican and democratic chairman and i've been the top democrat there
2:18 pm
myself. i have never seen behavior this bizarre on the part of the chairman. why would the chairman of the committee go to the white house to get information that they could have conveyed to the president, bring it to the president and then take it to the press. >> was he used by the white house. >> of course. he was duped. now, that's the most innocent, most benign characterization that he was duped. but he should have known better. >> eric: dana, i guess all four the chairman and ranking member, the house intelligence committee and senate intelligence committee were offered this information. schiff went as a ranking member of the house. but neither one of the senators decided to go. >> dana: the white house could have saved itself a whole bunch of headache if they had just done that in the first place because if it was so routine and proper and the white house wasn't trying to figure out a way to have nunes help them in the press by then going to the press first without talking to his co-chairman which he then apologized for and then going to the white house to brief the president
2:19 pm
on what the white house had just told him, the white house could have all of that by saying okay we've got this information and think it's important to the investigation. we're going to invite both the chairman over and get to see it at the same time. if you are cooperating in an investigation, that's just a much cleaner way to do it. >> eric: juan, let me ask you, what are we going after here? i mean, every day we have chairman nunes on in front of a microphone and then schiff comes out. senate panels. i mean, what are we trying to do here? it feels like we are really drawing this thing out. let's get to the evidence. >> juan: yeah. i think that's what the senate intelligence committee is doing. get to the evidence. they have people lined up. they have people in fact authorized to review these documents. they are trying to do it as quickly as they can. the problem with what we are seeing here is that you are -- it feels like there is orchestrated effort by the white house to obstruct the congressional investigations and potentially the fbi investigation by doing things like staging this oh,
2:20 pm
you know, come on over here, congressman, take a look at this. now go back and say that you found something so the press reports it and then come and say that you are going to brief the president. wait a minute, we gave you the documents. >> why wouldn't the president have seen these documents? oh, did the president know? so there are lots of questions, eric, that emerge from the fact that they engaged in this charade. >> eric: can i do a gregism? >> greg: sure. >> eric: are the mainstream media and the democrats pelosi, schiff, schumer, they have a bad case of russia phobia? >> greg: they might. i'm thinking about sitting out of this segment because you stuarted of with the red hot chili peppers. it's funny to watch pelosi accuse somebody of bizarre behavior like katy perry accusing somebody of being stupid. i'm trying to think of one thing nancy pelosi has done. one normal thing maybe stepping down. she was forced to. >> dana: she does a lot of normal things that you probably don't see. >> greg: probably privately. we only see the -- by the
2:21 pm
way, the crime here. the alleged crime is there private citizen unmasked for purposes. that's where we're taking about the leak. that is something that the media normally would expect from the evil trump administration. or the evil fill in the blank administration. the victim would be the angelic obama administration, the liberal progressive administration. they would be the victim. that's the story line they want so bad. that's the reason why the story line won't stick because it's the reverse. it's the angelic obama administration who were doing it to trump. >> dana: i just wrote down valerie plame's name here. >> greg: i couldn't read your handwriting. >> dana: i was writing upside down. >> eric: we have been at this four months or. so i'm still to this day waiting to see the substantiated direct evidence that there is any sort -- there was any sort of collusion between the two. why can't we get to this?
2:22 pm
>> lisa: we haven't. and former fbi director clapper said he hadn't seen anything. the "new york times" reported they hadn't found anything. there is still an fbi investigation. we don't have all the facts here. i do think nancy pelosi is bizarre. if you are nancy pelosi and you are of the democrats, it's in your best interest to keep the collusion part of this in the news. that's what you want people to be talking about. they don't want people to look at the other side of the coin, which is what i brought up in the earlier segment that this there is this other side of the coin, illegal leak of the information which is the only crime that has taken place. there is the unmasking of names, which is essentially what nunes and this information has brought forward. as kimberly stossel wrote in the "new york times," the -- or the "wall street journal," whoa, whoa, yeah, "wall street journal." wrote that the dems can't hide evidence that nunes is right and talking about how the white house did surveil the incoming administration. i do find that concerning especially as i mentioned today in the back drop of the "new york times" article talking about the fact that
2:23 pm
the obama administration basically left bread crumbs of intelligence. nbc came out with a report essentially saying that as well. and also changing the rules of the nsa and how information can be widely disseminated. it is concerning. we should be looking at all facets of the information that has surfaced. >> eric: juan, we have got to go. can we all admit? this is the kiwi do know one single crime. we do know for sure one crime was committed the naming of michael flynn. >> juan: i'm with greg, we should skip this segment. there is nothing there. >> greg: can we get that farkas is a great name. >> juan: wonderful name. >> greg: i love it. >> juan: the inspector looking for any possible clue here. i'm surprised that devin nunes lied because that's what bloomberg said, bloomberg reporter said when they asked him where did you get this information? he said oh, some intelligence people. some sources. north the white house. oh, but now what do we know? this is why, eric, something is going on here.
2:24 pm
>> eric: still, the only crime we so far we know of is unmasking of mike flynn. >> juan: the intelligence agencies in january said russia interfered. >> greg: juan, if you look at the leak that is actually concrete or more concrete than the -- than the speculation that there is collusion. so go back to the race met for. these two -- the leak is here and the collusion is here. maybe it will catch up but i don't think so. >> i will tell you what, this was a meteor headed towarded planet earth it would be russian interference. >> lisa: you also have the president telling comey to stand down and then after trump wins to ask for an intelligence review and place sanctions on russia. >> eric: need to go. they are wrapping me. a former obama administration official admitted the previous administration was gathering intel on the team trump. but, now she is backtracking. what evelyn farkas is saying
2:25 pm
now. ♪ woman is my destiny ♪ she said oh, oh ♪ shut up and dance with me. one large rutabaga, with eggplant... done! that's not fair. glad i had a v8. the original way to fuel your day. i mwell, what are youe to take care odoing tomorrow -10am? staff meeting. noon? eating. 3:45? uh, compliance training. 6:30? sam's baseball practice. 8:30? tai chi. yeah, so sounds relaxing. alright, 9:53? i usually make their lunches then, and i have a little vegan so wow, you are busy. wouldn't it be great if you had investments that worked as hard as you do? yeah. introducing essential portfolios.
2:26 pm
the automated investing solution that lets you focus on your life.
2:27 pm
various: (shouting) heigh! ho! ( ♪ ) it's off to work we go! woman: on the gulf coast, new exxonmobil projects are expected to create over 45,000 jobs. and each job created by the energy industry supports two others in the community. altogether, the industry supports over 9 million jobs nationwide. these are jobs that natural gas is helping make happen,
2:28 pm
all while reducing america's emissions. energy lives here. all while reducing essential for him,ons. but maybe not for people with rheumatoid arthritis. because there are options. like an "unjection™". xeljanz xr. a once daily pill for adults with moderate to severe ra for whom methotrexate did not work well. xeljanz xr can reduce pain, swelling and joint damage, even without methotrexate. xeljanz xr can lower your ability to fight infections, including tuberculosis. serious, sometimes fatal infections, lymphoma and other cancers have happened. don't start xeljanz xr if you have an infection. tears in the stomach or intestines, low blood cell counts and higher liver tests and cholesterol levels have happened. your doctor should perform blood tests before you start and while taking xeljanz xr, and monitor certain liver tests. tell your doctor if you were in a region where fungal infections are common and if you have had tb, hepatitis b or c, or are prone to infections. needles. fine for some. but for you, one pill a day may provide symptom relief.
2:29 pm
ask your doctor about xeljanz xr. an "unjection™". ♪ ♪ >> juan: former obama administration official evelyn farkas made headlines recently when she said there was an effort to gather and disburse evidence on the trump team before transfer the power so that information would not disappear. now she said she was misunderstood and she is trying to clarify. >> i was referring to the motivation because there has been a lot of discussion in the media about why are people leaking. and so i was trying to but in a very shorthand fashion explain at the very end of that quote that people were leaking because they were afraid of a coverup. i do not, absolutely do not condone leaking. >> were there specific pieces of information that you were concerned would
2:30 pm
disappear. >> no. did i not know what the information was or what -- i suspected that they had information. again, knowing that i know about our intelligence community. they are very professional. they have a very good eye on russia. >> juan: the frump white house think farkas' statements are devastated and the media should be closely covering them. eric, i know this is something -- >> -- in your paper about evelyn farkas and revelation this is what they sought to do. so comments that have come out publicly in terms of some of the obama administration are conveniently left out of that discussion. i think that is interesting how no one seems to really cover the fact that an asenior obama administration with high level clearances talked about the spreading of classified information for political pursuances and no one seems to care. >> eric: all right, eric, i was trying to say i know you are passionate about this. what did you think about the way sean responded? what's your response? >> eric: i didn't love the response by expires. what is important is farkas
2:31 pm
was talking about the motivation for evidence, the information being gathered not the actual information which she originally said. she said make sure you put away the information so when trump transition team is in the white house they don't have access to that or they don't have access to the method. she confirmed there was information being gathered by the obama administration, there was some sort of whether incidental or actual surveillance of trump team that was going on. that's number one. >> juan: wait, wait. i think it was about russia. >> eric: she pointed out trump team as well. when she was originally -- >> juan: she said. >> dana: she said trump team. on scblawn in her defense she said she wasn't in government. she didn't have access. >> eric: she did mention trump team and obama watching trump team. here is what is most important. do you know where she went to when she left working for team obama? >> juan: tell me. >> eric: clinton. hillary clinton's campaig you're going to tell me that there was no motivation on
2:32 pm
her part to go after team trump by saying hey, this is evidence that you will be able to use against trump. >> juan: you mean you think she actually had evidence? >> eric: i think she saw it that's the whole issue. that's why she deserves immunity. give her immunity from prosecution. find out wha what she saw and how she found out about it. >> juan: well, dana, do you think she had the information? i don't see any evidence of that. >> dana: look at it either way. philip bump piece in "the washington post." if you want to support the expires version from the white house. absolutely. look at the other way she wasn't even in office for over a year so how would she possibly know. i go back. this is another reason why intelligence officials, her included, shouldn't talk about these things. because -- why go on cable news and talk with it, definitely came back. >> greg: whoa. >> dana: intelligence matters why are we doing that? it doesn't make sense. >> juan: she worked for msnbc. >> dana: why would you talk about something like this if she has information. which is probably why she doesn't have information.
2:33 pm
herself on there. i do think we probably will get some information about who leaked that flame and probably be explosive. but then you still have the other part of the investigation, which is the alleged meddling and collusion. >> juan: which is a fact. >> dana: meddling is a fact. the collusion is not a fact. >> eric: thank you for clarifying, counselor. >> juan: i would say there is definitely meddling. >> dana: that's what i just said. allegedly. >> eric: juan? >> juan: i love it when you said the big thing we know the fact of the leak. i'm thinking what if someone said this is a campaign by the white house to distract and distort from the rush russia probe? >> greg: i would say you are probably wrong, juan and i you would chuckle to myself and go have tea. she could have said she was talking about incontinence and that would have cleared the whole story up. i look at the stories right now and think these are the good times. these are the good times. these are the salad days of benign rumors because no one
2:34 pm
remembers the headlines on september 10th, 2001. most of these stories, if not all of them will evaporate once something horrible happens. right now what i worry about is that we take our eye off the ball, focusing on these other little rabbits going to different holes when the ball is always going to be islamism. it's always going to be radical islam. it's always going to be terror right now the media is so hot on the story because you can go after russians without being called russian phobic. if you talk about islam it's islamophobic. it's easy to be gutsy and get from this story and blow back. >> lisa: obviously this story is not going away because there are tons of investigations going on right now. another aspect republicans were bringing up section 702 of the intelligence surveillance act which is not where the flynn stuff got caught up but expiring at the end of the year. we are going to have these broader discussions of these intelligence leaks, of these
2:35 pm
spy tools which is essentially what section 702 is. at some point the intelligence tri or field is going to want to have these discussions because they want to preserve those tools. >> dana: i bet the commander-in-chief will want them, too. >> lisa: yeah. >> dana: i would bet. >> juan: you know what concerns me throughout all of this the political loss of credibility by the trump administration and loss of approval. i think his ratings are down now. >> dana: yes. they creep back up and then want to write the come back story. >> greg: the reason why his rating is down is the reason why he won. people don't talk about how they feel. >> juan: i'm saying when people are asked directly about facts coming from trump -- >> greg: asked directly who they are going to vote for they did the same thing. >> juan: all right. we will see what happens. coming up, we turn to president trump's escalating feud with his own guys in the freedom caucus. will this rift within the g.o.p. greatly hurt the party and the president's agenda? sean hannity, laura ingraham, and newt gingrich on it next.
2:36 pm
when you booked this trip, you didn't know we had over 26,000 local activities listed on our app. or that you could book them right from your phone. a few weeks ago, you still didn't know if you were gonna go. now the only thing you don't know, is why it took you so long to come here. expedia. everything in one place, so you can travel the world better.
2:37 pm
2:38 pm
i just had to push one button wto join.s thing is crazy. it's like i'm in the office with you, even though i'm here. it's almost like the virtual reality of business communications. no, it's reality. introducing intuitive, one touch video calling from vonage. call now and get amazon chime at no additional cost.
2:39 pm
if you have moderate to severe ulcerative colitis or crohn's, and your symptoms have left you with the same view, it may be time for a different perspective. if other treatments haven't worked well enough, ask your doctor about entyvio, the only biologic developed and approved just for uc and crohn's. entyvio works by focusing right in the gi-tract to help control damaging inflammation and is clinically proven to begin helping many patients achieve both symptom relief as well as remission. infusion and serious allergic reactions can happen during or after treatment. entyvio may increase risk of infection, which can be serious. while not reported with entyvio, pml, a rare, serious brain infection caused by a virus may be possible. tell your doctor if you have an infection, experience frequent infections, or have flu-like symptoms, or sores. liver problems can occur with entyvio. if your uc or crohn's medication isn't working for you, ask your gastroenterologist about entyvio. entyvio. relief and remission within reach.
2:40 pm
>> lisa: house freedom caucus is not backing down in 2018 does not get on with the president's agenda. fired back we are where we have always been committed to keeping our promise. some of the president's strongest supporters think it might be wise for him to abandon this battle and direct his anger elsewhere. >> i think it is really, really unhelpful to donald trump's ultimate agenda to slam the very people who are going to be propping up his border wall, all the things he wants to do on immigration on trade. i don't know where he thinks he is going to get his friends on those issues unless he completely flips to become more of a democrat. >> i don't know who is telling the white house to focus their anger on the freedom caucus but i do think it's misplaced. i have talked to them they want to make a deal. they want the win for the country.
2:41 pm
>> working overtype to drive a wedge between president trump and the freedom caucus to move president trump toward the center. i think it will back fire. >> lisa: greg, is this a fight worth having? >> greg: i don't know. it's file this under what do you expect? you backed a nonideological centrist. you are bound to get nonideological centrist movements from him. you know, it' he's establishmen, caucus isn't. ironic i think you would call it. >> lisa: republicans are great at circular firing squad. everyone is pointing the finger at each other. do you think there is a chance everyone had a part in this failure? >> dana: sure. when everyone is pointing fingers everyone has a bit of the blame. i do think laura ingraham made great points on policy issues like the border wall and on some of the budget issues. that's true. i do think for anyone who suggests this isn't president trump's strategy, and that he is not calling the shots, i think that we learned that in the campaign. his instincts were
2:42 pm
impeccable on the campaign trail. he understands politics at a gut level probably than most people in politics today. so i think that he's actually figured out this is the way he wants to go this strategy. i don't think it's right to say that this -- that he is not the o in charge. he is the commander-in-chief. he is the president. he won this election hand diddly and in spite of everyone saying he wasn't going to win. so i think that he has figured out this is the way he has to win. he has to figure out to change the incentive structure because he doesn't think he can get all the important issues he wants done if he doesn't have that freedom caucus with him. >> lisa: juan, dana mentioned the fact that the president has demonstrated smart intickets especially when people were saying he wasn't going to win and he wasn't politically astute. is he on to something here? is this a smart play to put the pressure on the freedom caucus? obviously he is going to need them down the road with tax reform and healthcare. >> juan: i think there is a genuine divide. you stop and think what the freedom caucus represents. you start to think about people like heritage. you start to think about some of the other conservative organizations
2:43 pm
opposed to tax hikes and the like. those folks came out against the healthcare bill. so, those are the freedom caucus roots. and at the moment tax reform like the wall. at the moment they are not there donald trump just feels like, you know what? i won. so whereas dana says he has great gut inel distinct. i would agree with that i would disagree he won overwhelmingly. he has gut incorporate distinct. his instinct is school yard, knife fight. i'm going to beat you by guys up. watch what happens in 2018 i will go into your district and hurt you. >> lisa: eric, you know the president and the freedom caucus well. how real is this fight? >> eric: that's a very good question. i'm not sure how real the fight is look, i think -- obviously the most important conservative voice out there isn't heritage, isn't my good friend sean hannity or even rush. i think matt drudge is the
2:44 pm
most important voice for the conservative movement out there. drudge tweeted two days ago or yesterday, i can't remember, two days ago, maybe. he called rand paul america's best senator. rand paul represents the freedom caucus. he's probably the face of the freedom caucus. remember when he went to the house side and said hey, let's push back on this healthcare bill because it's not really good for all our constituents going forward. i think yes juan is right. going to bully this through. he needs to work -- the freedom caucus isn't going to roll for that kind of stuff. they just unite. this kind of makes them stronger. at some point and donald trump is great at this. he pivots quite often. >> lisa: right. >> eric: hang on. he needs to pivot and say can i work with these people and figure out a way to get it done. >> lisa: you guys will want to stay there because facebook friday is coming up next. let unanswered legal questions hold you up, because we're here, we're here,
2:45 pm
and we've got your back. legalzoom. legal help is here.
2:46 pm
2:47 pm
2:48 pm
♪ >> greg: yeah, this thing. > time for these segment. very good. one of my favorite graphics. first question from kelly. i love this question: what fashion trend would you bring back in to style, dana? >> dana: i'm old enough now
2:49 pm
that i'm seeing trends come back around. >> greg: that happens when you hit 50. [laughter] >> lisa: smack in the face. >> greg: this is called facebook friday. you're supposed to answer the question. >> dana: bolo ties. >> greg: you don't like them. >> dana: i wore one on a news shoot for garth brooks. >> greg: you should save that for your memoirs. >> eric: really cool about cuba the old style cars. >> greg: do you know why they have them? >> eric: those are our cars. so beautiful. 50's and 60's. awesome cars. >> greg: they would love to have of our new cars. juan, speaking of juan? >> juan: i had so many things in mind. i notice right now women walking around with big holes in their shoulders. was that an old trend that come back? >> dana: i think it's flash
2:50 pm
dance. >> greg: that's called moths. [laughter] >> juan: called moths? i think the thing i would do in my neighborhood pull up your pants. >> greg: that's going on? i don't see that anymore. >> juan: by the way i do like denim jackets. remember those leather jackets. i like those. >> lisa: a little greece action? this is random but head bands. >> dana: they are coming back. >> lisa: so convenient. >> dana: they call them turbans now. >> lisa: go back and look at pictures of things have you worn 15 years ago? >> greg: i have always looked great. >> lisa: i'm sure. >> greg: i would bring back chaps although in my household they never went out of style. >> lisa: no one would know sitting down. >> greg: dogs love the chaps. let's start with you, eric, what has been your favorite
2:51 pm
concert of all time? >> eric: concert and bob eager opened for aerosmith. >> greg: that's good. >> eric: amazing in chicago. soldiers field, maybe. >> greg: nice. juan? >> juan: i'm blocking on his name? >> dana: but it was great. >> lisa: totally memorable. >> juan: it was best concert i ever saw. >> greg: gaitful dead or jam band. >> juan: lionel richie. >> greg: you were on the ceiling that night dancing perhaps. lisa? >> lisa: eric church. i went, oh my gosh, are you kidding me? he is so good le. he takes audience requests. goes with the audience. one of the best concerts i have been to which i just said it as the answer to that question. >> greg: i know what dana is going to say. >> dana: dierks bentley concert. but garth brooks concert didn't get home until 3:00 in the morning because there
2:52 pm
was rain delay. fabulous. >> greg: i have two, too. i have a do you do you. a tutu. you know who blew them away the knack was insane. three weeks later i saw the cramps at the old waldorf. completely naked, high as a kite. >> eric: i saw van halen open for the police. i have seen some great concerts. led zeppelin the. who every stone concert you have ever been to like the next greatest thing ever. >> dana: anybody ever go to prince? >> juan: yeah. i love prince. i saw prince twice in one summer. i saw him at the essence music nefl new orleans did two different shows and they were great. >> greg: okay. we have to roll this thing up. one more thing next. i love that i can pass the membership to my children.
2:53 pm
we're the williams family, and we're usaa members for life. ...as a combination of see products.. and customers. every on-time arrival is backed by thousands of od employees, ...who make sure the millions of products we ship arrive without damages. because od employees treat customer service... ...like our most important delivery. od. helping the world keep promises.
2:54 pm
and the wolf huffed like you do sometimes, grandpa? well, when you have copd, it can be hard to breathe. it can be hard to get air out, which can make it hard to get air in. so i talked to my doctor. she said... symbicort could help you breathe better, starting within 5 minutes. symbicort doesn't replace a rescue inhaler for sudden symptoms. symbicort helps provide significant improvement of your lung function. symbicort is for copd, including chronic bronchitis and emphysema. it should not be taken more than twice a day. symbicort contains formoterol. medicines like formoterol increase the risk of death from asthma problems. symbicort may increase your risk of lung infections,
2:55 pm
osteoporosis, and some eye problems. you should tell your doctor if you have a heart condition or high blood pressure before taking it. symbicort could mean a day with better breathing. watch out, piggies! (child giggles) symbicort. breathe better starting within 5 minutes. get symbicort free for up to one year. visit saveonsymbicort.com today to learn more. a cockroach can survive submergede guy. underwater for 30 minutes. wow. yeah, wow.
2:56 pm
not getting in today. not on my watch. pests never stop trying to get in. we never stop working to keep them out. terminix. defenders of home. ♪ >> dana: it's time now for one more thing, friday edition. eric is first. >> eric: very quickly tomorrow morning cashing in have a special guest. mark cuban is going to come on and talk about artificial intelligence and put a question mark at the end of intelligence. first quarter in the books yesterday or today, right? last day of the quarter did a little score card going -- comparing the trump administration to obama. one quarter in, consumer confidence. [laughter] >> dana: that's not fair. >> eric: take a look at the
2:57 pm
numbers. average home price e oh my gosh. >> dana: so unfair. >> eric: 390,000 vs. 258; $26 an hour, average hourly wage. observe observe you can change it from obama to bush. >> juan: good thing talking about approval numbers. see how obama was doing. >> dana: that's a good point, juan. greg? >> greg: i'm just going to plug the show for tomorrow night at 10:00 p.m. we will have the great legendary p.j. o'rourke. and owe amazing comedian. tyrus wonderful wrestler intellect. 10:00 p.m., watch it. >> lisa: talk like that. who wouldn't? >> dana: worked for obama 10 years. a book about blood, sweat and tears and lots of stories in here.
2:58 pm
if you ever thought about work for a white house, republican, democrat, whatever your flavor. it's a really really funny book. i was happy to have. >> greg: what's your funny part? >> dana: i like the part where she can't find the bathroom at the vatican. if you think you want to work at the white house it's a really good one. juan? >> juan: do you know how there is concern for bee population being threatened? it sure didn't feel that way yesterday when the san diego padres spring training game was interrupted by bees at the top of the ninth inning, two outs, score 10-4. padres bracing for a king sting of defeat when another sting came out that of bees. yes, the players were swarmed. that's them on the ground ducking to avoid the bees and it caused, yes, a bbeedelay. >> dana: juan one more thing. >> juan: not that unusual. happened many times.
2:59 pm
it's called a bee delay. >> lisa: it's all the rage. >> dana: lisa? >> lisa: babies are adorable and chocolate is delicious. when you combine the two you get a cute little thing. this couple's daughter was crying at the family home in california. they devised unorthodox method to cheer her up. chocolate smelling. the first time baby smelling chocolate. those are the faces that greg makes. like aroma therapy. >> dana: i wonder if that would work for me. >> greg: she is actually pooping so you know. >> lisa: those are the faces that greg makes. >> greg: how would you know. videos. >> eric: go back to one more thing? >> dana: got a big weekend planned? >> eric: my son is going back to college on sunday so, yeah. >> lisa: sad thing? >> greg: hanging around the college. >> juan: i'm going to the circus for a 7-year-old's birthday party happy birthday elijah.
3:00 pm
>> dana: inside joke. said your dvrs so you never miss an episode "the fe." "special report" is up next. ♪ ♪ >> chris: the white house scolds reporters it says are missing the point and some important evidence in the russia investigation. this is "special report." ♪ ♪ >> chris: good evening. i'm chris wallace in for bret baier. the white house is ramping up its argument reporters are focusing on the wrong issue in the investigation into links between the trump campaign and russia. the administration points to new information it says shows the obama team spread classified intelligence about the trump transition for political purposes. chief white house correspondent john roberts starts us off tonight. good evening, john. >> reporter: chris, good evening to you. this controversy has been dogging the white house for a month now ever

61 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on