Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  April 25, 2017 12:00am-1:01am PDT

12:00 am
and group think. hope you join us tomorrow. dvr if you haven't already. "the five" next from new york city. >> hello, everyone. i am kimberly guilfoyle. along with bob beckel, jesse watters, dana perino and greg gutfeld. this is "the five." it's a very exciting night for us on "the five" as we have moved from the 5:00 and 9:00 9:00 p.m., prime time. we have a big show so let's get it started. we are almost 100 days into the trump administration. according to an abc news "washington post" poll, 96% of those that voted for trump in
12:01 am
november said it was the right division decision. if you look at the left, it's quite a different story. democrats and progressives are having a really tough time. coming to grips with the puff presidency. >> i have thought an awful lot about pulling up the white house. >> show us your taxes, you emotional child. you like being a superficial bully, here's one for you. you are a three at best. >> donald trump, you did not win this election! >> i will fight every day until he is impeached. impeached 45. >> he needs to be taken out of office. he is a menace. >> this executive order was
12:02 am
mean-spirited and un-american. >> there is a little bit of a hollow ballou around here. >> people were literally texting at me shut up. >> is he not as rich as he says and not as terrible as he says? >> he really is as rich as he says he is. >> i kind of understand where the trump haters are coming from. imagine investing 1-2 years of your emotional life into something and that something beats you. essentially what trump is is an ex that became the more successful than you. you are constantly looking him up and you actually pay more attention to trump than his fans do. it's like the reverse deadheads. they love the grateful dead, but these people follow trump around
12:03 am
because they hate him and can't let go. he is not what they think he is. he is a new york republican which is basically a west coast democrat. >> what is the problem with the left ear? >> i think the left would say that they are doing just great. that they have found a common enemy and when you have a common enemy, you can unite. they are seeing more enthusiasm. members like pompeo and price, the democrats tried really hard. they weren't able to get that done but they came close. i think that they would say they are quite unified but looking at "the washington post" poll that you mentioned, it's very hard for a president not to get a second term -- i think with donald trump -- regardless of whatever happens after 100 days,
12:04 am
if he has one or two and keeps the country safe, i think you'll be reelected easily. >> before, what you think? jesse, what do you think? >> their play book against all donald trump just isn't working. they have no power anywhere. they are not doing an autopsy where they should have been doing one. the face of the republican party looks like it is maxine waters. that's good news if you are a republican. when she is screaming about impeachment and chuck schumer is crying and you have the head of the dnc, donald trump looks like the adult in the room. hillary clinton is not taking any responsibility. she is blaming misogyny, bernie, fake news. no one is being held accountabl accountable.
12:05 am
>> bob, how do you feel about your party and representation and communication? >> first, i want to say how nice it is to have jesse here. look, let's look at some facts here. if you are 100 days in, the guy has a 42% positive rating. the average positive rating after 100 days is in the upper 70s. he has 60% of the people who don't think he's qualified to be president. another 57% that think he is dishonest. why do all these people stay with him? we have done these polls for years. do you still support the person you voted for? after 90 some days, of course they do. they're not going to say i made a terrible mistake but there's a lot of energy out there in the democratic party who really don't like this guy but what bothers me is you keep ringing up at the same tired celebritiep
12:06 am
haters. there are a lot of good, common people. >> but those very people we are showing are the reasons why your party lost. because those were the people that demonized the average american that it wasn't being paid attention to by the democrats. i actually find it refreshing that donald trump is unpopular because my worry was that all he cared about was popularity. and i said that on the show. i said this guy is going to do whatever he wants based on polling. clearly, that is not true. he cares about certain polls but his presidency is like eating a green banana. you have to wait a while. wait for it to ripen. >> sometimes i eat it anyway. >> or banana bread, which is delicious. >> this is the same poll that
12:07 am
said hillary clinton was going to be donald trump in november. if you look at the network news, 89% negative in his first 100 days. of course his numbers are low. they are probably about 50 but there are some golden nuggets in this fake news poll. he still has the base and that is all he needs. the polls don't matter until the midterms. >> you are right about that. but a couple things about trump and the democratic base, it's not clear who it is anymore. it used to be the working men and women and we forgot them. we got beat in rural areas. the question is, when he comes up -- we will talk about his tax proposal shortly. the point here is that democrats don't need to have a unifying
12:08 am
message, its donald trump. >> they are just coalescing. they really are lacking in terms of unified forces. >> it took eight years and then they got rid of him, right? >> i just want to say that i do think the approval rating matters a little bit in terms of legislative things getting done. democrats have no incentive right now. to come to the table and work with him. they have the resist movement and will not be reported back in their districts to help him with anything. i think the border wall will get resolved in some way but those democrats have no incentive to try to help him. >> what about in pennsylvania, if those places are up for reelection, they might have some incentive to go along. >> i agree but at this point,
12:09 am
they have shown that they pay no political price in their districts for resisting donald trump and with the democrats, it might take a while because they are in the wilderness and have lost the reelection. elizabeth warren had a terrible stumbled with her book, it came out last week. she definitely wants to run in 2020. there is no alternative message from the democrats that says oh, i want to vote for you because you will bring jobs or more security. it's all about -- we are just not trump. >> bob, this is what i'm trying to say. in the beginning, oh, it's fine to save that you're trying to demonize him and there has been heavy weight. that helps the democratic demot the end of the day, what are they going to stand for? >> one thing we keep forgetting here is we ran the most unpopular presidential
12:10 am
candidate. she was almost closing in on trump. a lot of what this is -- 96% say they support trump and a stick with their position, a lot of those people were voting against hillary clinton. let's not forget that. trump was not my first choice but he sure wasn't hillary clinton. >> that it was clinton who said that. >> [laughs] >> isn't trump beating hillary and the polls? >> you would be to in the polls. you would beat hillary in the polls. >> you know who would beat hillary? chelsea. >> oh, my god. i wouldn't go that far. his followers, his supporters are really in and if you can accomplish things like he set out to do, he has a very good chance for reelection if the same people turn up for him. and he's able to peel off --
12:11 am
okay, we've got a better situation as it relates to immigration. just 2% are on that regret island. >> keep in mind as i said before. if you did that same poll on virtually any president who won, their supporters after 90 days would be up in the 90s. here is a thing, jesse made a point here about the republican republicans. it where the republicans that beat him on health care in the house. we know that. he lobbied a very hard for it. it's appropriate for him to be called that. the fact of the matter is he doesn't spare a lot of these people and that is the problem. >> once he gets the tax proposal out there and everyone sees what it is, that will unite republicans. that will kickstart the market and i don't think he's going to have a problem getting that
12:12 am
through and i think this election in four years is going to boil down to economic performance. nobody cares about russia, the rollout of the travel ban, if the economy and people have more money in their paycheck -- >> i think that's an important number. >> but that is hillary clinton. >> joe biden. >> joe biden could beat him today. i agree, if the economy is good but he is not going to be able to do those things he said he would be able to do. they are never going to build a wall. the tax reform bill is going to be so stacked in favor of people who make more money and all those people in wisconsin, pennsylvania and michigan who voted for this guy on the assumption that they are going to get jobs -- >> that's only true if the democrats can show they would be able to do those type of things in this economy.
12:13 am
>> remember, donald trump was not an alternative when he started running for -- somebody's going to get the democratic nomination and whoever it is -- >> that will be a great matchup, if it's lisbeth warren. >> they haven't been able to resonate a coherent message. it's bordering on hysterical. they are not able to come together. you have different factions. people who want bernie sanders, some people want elizabeth warren. >> i think we always look out and say who do you got? when you talk about that with the republicans for years out, john mccain and romney got beaten. it was the first time there is an open, republican process. it came up with donald trump. i suspect, after that democratic
12:14 am
party, hardly anybody knows. very mainstream, the person in colorado. >> the key -- the take-home message here is unnerving for the democrats because trump seems to be doing a lot of things at once. he has packed 400 days into 100. he is changing his outfits three times a day. >> the point is, he is trying a whole bunch of things. he creates an uncertainty and a reaction of anxiety among democrats that works in his favor but in reality, what has happened? not much. when you look at what is trending on twitter, it's all entertainment news. we are doing okay. >> i think he has been very
12:15 am
decisive as it relates to national security and foreign policy. he was decisive right away within the first 100 days as it relates to syria, afghanistan, allowing in terms of rules of engagement, able to make those decisions. that's very empowering. that shows you the direction this country is going in and he is putting more faith and credit in the u.s. military to do the job that they are trained to do. >> what this president doesn't understand is the one thing they control his foreign policy and national security. they can't control very well because the president is given a lot of leeway on foreign policy. there's a secret reason -- >> bob, because everybody is dying, there's a big one in washington. president trump is unveiling his tax plan as we are discussing. the white house will be briefing all senators on the north korea
12:16 am
threat. the president is also still pushing to get rid of obamacare and the government's shutdown is for friday. the first few months have been a big success, here is sean spice sean spicer. >> when you look at the totality of what we have accomplished on trade, immigration, it's unbelievable what he has been able to do. you can cherry pick and a couple of things and you could say what about this or that? it's been a hugely successful first 100 days. >> we are going to have the 100th day, a marker that i think americans like. it's your measurement but arguably, is the next 100 days even more important than the first 100? >> i think is arbitrary. it something for people to talk about. that's all it is. we have stories that we generate but we have to lighten up. there's something very promising going on here.
12:17 am
i said before. what trump is doing that i did not expect, he is freeing us from the prison of two ideas. the yes or the know on immigration, the yes or the no on trade. he finds options between yes and no that may not have existed before. for example. when he talks about the wall, he talks about the wall with a gat gate. he is talking about a stern border policy with a welcome mat. therefore, you are no longer beholden to either idea. >> president obama -- >> it has torn people from ideologies to back him that did not back in before. we know a lot of them here, you are an ideologue, a conservativ conservative -- >> i think it is refreshing for some but leaves incoherence for others. you can't figure out exactly
12:18 am
what they are for. how do you advance an agenda with that situation? >> sean spicer, of all the things this guy has set on that platform -- when greg says he offers a middle alternative, you are offering it to a congress that is either yes or no. you have a polarized congress. you are not going to be able to convince anybody in the freedom caucus to go along with anything that has to do with pro-immigration and you are not going to convince anybody on the democratic side to go on with the wall. i don't think he has a congress that's going to play that game at all. >> i think it's easier for a democrat like president obama to have a really nice 100 days because all you have to do if you are a democrat is spend money. a trillion dollars for the stimulus. for detroit. for the banks. that's not that difficult.
12:19 am
>> your 100 days has its own built-in cheerleading squad. there was no honeymoon for donald trump. >> all they did was talk about obama's new dog, bo. >> they were totally in love with the idea of barack obama and michelle obama. it was a very easy transition. for president trump, the facts, the polls actually prove the point that he has not had it easy. they have gone after him. the coverage has been documented. and not only that, the democrats have been obstructionist. they tried to delay any kind of a ability for him to achieve what you needed to do. i get that that is politics but to be fair, it hasn't been easy. >> not a single republican supported obama's health reform.
12:20 am
in fact... >> keep going. >> him when we at 5:00 when we did this at 5:00, it was easy. >> i will pick up where you left off. probably a little bit different than what you were trying to say. i agree with kimberly and terms of national security, he has established -- but i think domestically, you have to admit, the roll out on the travel ban was not smooth. obamacare repeal failed and we have been caught up in this russia thing for the whole thing. that's slow momentum but gorsuch, keystone pipeline, illegal border crossing is down 67%. the tax plan is coming out. the markets have been up. i think there places where you can say things are going in the right direction and i would maybe give him a b on the domestic side.
12:21 am
>> he has to be better with legislation. >> a lot of the executive order orders, republicans have to unwind things. >> unwinding things doesn't give you very good headlines. >> obamacare will die a slow death because it has no money. it cannot stay alive and sustain itself and that will be an issue right there but i think eventually they will get that deal done. >> can i ask about this story? i'm going to explain it to you, greg. there is an interview and he is talking about getting used to the job. america's getting use to him, he's getting used to the job and he says the government is so much bigger than any company and there is something additional that you don't have in business and that is yet to think about the heart and the human and their impacts. in business, you don't have to do any of that. and maybe that is what has led
12:22 am
to some of the moderation. >> i for one must have said obama was an inexperienced president. but at least president trump is also saying the same thing. he is walking into this place and saying wow it, i didn't know it was like this. he's kind of like us. it's a human presidency. you have a president that has this flaw out there for everyone to see. we have been arguing for having a transparent administration. you will never get an administration more transparent than trump. he tells you what he is thinking every single moment. >> isn't that good? >> he gets mad. >> he won't release his taxes. that's the only president i know
12:23 am
who -- >> that's not true. >> there is a federal court but told obama he didn't have to release his. trump didn't have to. if you think about the presidency, as a bank account. you have to make some deposits to build up your account and then you make some withdrawals. you want to get this done or that done. what can president trump do to build up his bank account so he has more capital to spend? >> i want him to take another whack at obamacare repeal. and i think this shutdown, if he really holds strong and they shut down the government on the anniversary of his 100th day in office, that will be a terrible headline. >> you can imagine what the press secretaries briefing would be like.
12:24 am
>> here's the bottom line, what he needs to do. you have to get the economy going and you have to push it through as soon as possible. especially before the 2018 election. it will take a little time for it to be effective in the market and for people to feel it and for people at home to feel like okay i am in a better position than i was. i think this is his key domestic issue and i agree, he's doing well informed policy. >> we've got to get out of here, bob. we have to do a quick break. >> last word? >> the most important thing is taxes. i bought tickets to the zoo to see the lions and tigers, not the salamanders. taxes are the lions, everything else is the salamanders. >> directly ahead, some stunning comments from the head of the
12:25 am
democratic party on abortion. our people like bob, pro-life, still welcome in the party? we will be right back.
12:26 am
12:27 am
12:28 am
12:29 am
>> getting tougher and tougher for many americans to feel comfortable in the democratic party. the head of the dmc isn't making things any easier. he has been an ardent supporter of abortion. >> we believe that women should have a choice over what they do with their reproductive health rights because we know that when women succeed, america succeeds. >> on friday, perez went so far to suggest that if you are not
12:30 am
pro-choice, you are not welcome in the democratic party. it doesn't sound very to me. >> bernie sanders thinks the democratic party is in trouble. >> i think what is clear to anyone who looks at democratic party, the model is failing. we have a republican president who ran as a candidate -- the most unpopular in our country's history. two-thirds of governors and in the last eight years, they have picked up 900 legislative -- clearly, the democratic party has to change. >> let's start with what perez said here. in 2004, there was 38 democrats and the house and senate that were pro-life. today, only eight. what happened? >> well, speaking as a pro-life democrat myself, what perez said here is that people -- should
12:31 am
support a woman's right to her body and her health. i do it from a biblical standpoint. the fact of the matter is, it's something a lot of democrats who are pro-life believe that to be true. they don't want to get in the way of a woman's right to make her choice. the hard-core of the women's rights movement don't believe that. i don't believe in saying here is what you can and can't do. i should be excluded from the democratic party. i can't go to the publican party. i am not rich enough. >> kimberly, i feel like the democrats, when they go so hard-core on abortion and talk about transgender rights and protecting illegal criminal aliens, syrian refugees, global warming, don't you think they are marginalizing themselves and not appealing to the broad cross-section of america?
12:32 am
>> in terms of their focus and would they be willing to take in, it then becomes the party of intolerance. one is it okay to just have abortion on demand? why can't you say we respect life and the lives of women and children and babies, i understand the idea that you want to have individual choice but there is a healthy interest in protecting life in terms of not going through this, with partial birth abortion. there have to be some regulations. just like we have regulations with the fda or health care, et cetera, to make sure that people are protected. but the innocent are. i don't think they're doing any favors by being that strident. and being that caustic in terms of their rhetoric. >> i don't know if you want to touch on what perez said there or take on what bernie said. >> i think i can do both.
12:33 am
i agree with how bob described it in terms of -- you can believe that life begins at conception and you can still believe that women have choices. i'm not saying that's how i feel that i'm saying that is an understandable point of view and if you are in the democratic party, that makes a lot of sense. especially because as greg is going to get to in the next block, democrats have big rallies about science and the importance of science. if you look at what increasingly young people are thinking about it when life begins, it's because of science that they are learning more. they are able not to see their little brothers and sisters in sonograms. so that is changing too. science can actually help change opinions but it doesn't necessarily change your heart. i think there is room for both. >> how much damage do you think is done by those comments? >> the obvious, the strongest pro-choice voices have amazing luck of being born. it's and incredibly obvious
12:34 am
point. what a pro-choice republican win the presidency ever? trump is life but after a lot of pro-choice thing. both parties are involved in -- i have a problem saying you are pro-life but you respect the other side because that is a pl plc. i am a pro-life coward. i believe, untethered to religion, it is killing a baby but i am not going to do anything about it. because i realize there is nothing i can do about it. >> you can talk about it. educate. >> in the 1850s, there is a talk show and -- >> bob was on that show. >> we brought him back to life. >> and you are saying i am against slavery but there is nothing i can do about it. if you are pro-life and you
12:35 am
believe it is murder, you should be willing to fight for it. that is the hypocrisy behind this whole idea. you should be able to start a war if you believe in this strongly but we aren't. because we are plc. i am a plc. a pro-life coward. it is what i am. >> climate change alarmists along with bill nye the science guy got political over the weekend. greg gutfeld is going to tell you what went
12:36 am
12:37 am
i'm only in my 60's. i've got a nice long life ahead. big plans. so when i found out medicare doesn't pay all my medical expenses, i looked at my options. then i got a medicare supplement insurance plan. [ male announcer ] if you're eligible for medicare, you may know it only covers about 80% of your part b medical expenses. the rest is up to you. call now and find out about an aarp medicare supplement insurance plan,
12:38 am
insured by unitedhealthcare insurance company. like all standardized medicare supplement insurance plans, it helps pick up some of what medicare doesn't pay. and could save you in out-of-pocket medical costs. to me, relationships matter. i've been with my doctor for 12 years. now i know i'll be able to stick with him. [ male announcer ] with these types of plans, you'll be able to visit any doctor or hospital that accepts medicare patients. plus, there are no networks, and virtually no referrals needed. so don't wait. call now and request this free decision guide to help you better understand medicare... and which aarp medicare supplement plan might be best for you. there's a wide range to choose from. we love to travel - and there's so much more to see. so we found a plan that can travel with us. anywhere in the country. [ male announcer ] join the millions of people who have already enrolled in the only medicare supplement insurance plans
12:39 am
endorsed by aarp, an organization serving the needs of people 50 and over for generations. remember, all medicare supplement insurance plans help cover what medicare doesn't pay. and could save you in out-of-pocket medical costs. call now to request your free decision guide. and learn more about the kinds of plans that will be here for you now - and down the road. i have a lifetime of experience. so i know how important that is. >> you know what saturday was? it took me forever to get here because they shut down the main streets, cars and trucks idled forever on the avenues which is apparently great for the planet
12:40 am
like leo dicaprio's private jet. speaking of, there is also a march for science. >> they are endangering the entire planet for political gai gain. in the short term. >> climate change is real and millions of people may end up dying not too long in the future and it's just infuriating that people pretend it is not decided and that it might not be happening. if the oceans are rising, the glaciers are melting. >> that did not sound like science and i love science. it has given us so much. antibiotics, light bulbs, robot dinosaurs at monster truck rallies. , that it's science! still, i don't think that march for science was really for science.
12:41 am
it was for silence. that's if you hold any view critical of climate dogma, you will be smeared. bill o'reilly, the science mascot for botox reporters -- >> i will say, as much as i love cnn, you are doing a disservice by having one climate change skeptic and not 97 or 98 scientists or engineers concerned about climate change. >> yeah, that would work. you can't even have a scientist, one scientist on to question a comedian who got his degree in mechanical engineering. if bill breaks the golden rule of science, he is mocking skepticism which is the science behind the scientific method. they embrace debate because it sharpens their research. you can still want clean air and water but you can also question climate predictions too because
12:42 am
they are often horribly wrong. bill nye paints everyone as a critic is antiscience. why should debate scare bill nye? climate fear is his lila livel. that way, he can't lose. so far it works. it got him a new show. >> if i understand this, we are supposed to walk with intentionality. one, two, three, four, five. >> if that is science, i will take robot dinosaur. kimberly, you are a prosecutor which is like being a scientist. >> a prosecutor of justice. >> science is about stating a theory and then attempting to disprove it. you wanted disprove it because that makes your theory or
12:43 am
hypothesis stronger. he doesn't want that. why? >> he doesn't want the facts and the science out there because then he might lose his show. you can't walk with intention if the facts get in the way. this is what we saw during the obama administration. they refused to comply with requests to release the internal data and information that is really the public has a right to see, to back these claims up. what are they so afraid of? why don't they want to turn it over? they do this to try to hide it, they want to put forward a false narrative so they can have people come out and march. saying that the earth is going to be over and everyone can get upset. >> dana, i do admit that we -- i call myself a critic -- make it easier for people like bill nye when you say it is a hoax. when you pick the other side, the other polarity or option rather than saying maybe there's
12:44 am
something there but let's look at the facts. >> we don't know exactly what it is, we don't know how to solve it but we do think there is some x, y, and z things here to try and help and mitigate the effects. what's interesting is that in the next 100 days after this first 100 days, the white house is going to have to decide whether or not they will continue with the parents climate agreement that president obama signed us up for. there's internal debate in the white house and that will be interesting to see if he can do what you are talking about, taking us out and is there a middle way? >> yes, there is. it is called luke warming. it's a belief that it might be rising in increments, it may be beneficial for the globe for a while but we have time to figure it out instead of spending $1 trillion a year over a century. >> great monologue. i especially liked the firebreathing robot.
12:45 am
i was in west virginia at the other way and i was talking to a woman who is put out of a job, working for a coal mine. now she is out of work and she has to get obamacare and she can't afford obamacare because her premiums tripled. now she is really out of luck. for people to say that they are passionate about the earth but not compassionate about the people that live on the earth -- i think it is ridiculous. when you have al gore, the big science guy who sells tv to al jazeera. and takes a jet over. >> i want to ask you, bobby. this march for science is the same kind of scam where you scope out the obvious good. i march for peace, love, diversity and if i disagree with you, than i am evil, right? science -- if i don't like my
12:46 am
marching for science, then i am antiscience. >> anyone who doesn't think the climate is changing, i can't agree with you but i don't know the outcome. that is the problem to make those predictions. science -- the federal government has over the last 40 years poured money into science in the university, whether you like it or not -- breaking apart the atom. the government has incredibly important roles to play in this. you have to keep pumping money into science because look at what nasa does. >> you are proving my point, that if you come out against the climate change dogma, you are saying i am against science. i am not. >> you are stigmatized, lose funding. >> that is where i don't agree with -- some of those people were out there talking about -- >> it becomes more like a religion. >> they are yelling.
12:47 am
some surprising remarks from the trump administration against
12:48 am
12:49 am
12:50 am
>> we have 40 seconds.
12:51 am
period the president of the united states said he would protect us from terrorism. well, his choice, john kelly, said just the other day said i don't know how to stop homegrown terrorists. the head of homeland security, you should have some idea. what do you think? >> what they say in washington, it is a gas when someone tells the truth. i don't think the bush administration or obama administration knows. there's been a lot of homegrown people, especially with a lot of terrorist attacks lately. especially homegrown, defeat isis because no one wants to get recruited to a loser. >> while i think that is reassuring, he is being realistic at the same time. >> we have to grow up in regards
12:52 am
to communication. we have to change the way we do things. talk about it. fight propaganda. we used to discuss cults in the 1970s. people would come to our schools and talk about cults. we don't do that with radical islam and isis and we should. >> i want the reality and the truth. we have been fortunate in this country, the fbi has done an incredible job. to try to prevent and protect us from terrorists. we have had open borders for how long? according to homeland security, nearly a third of the cases involve those admitted to the united states as refugees. >> i just wish you hadn't said that. one more thing, when we come back...
12:53 am
12:54 am
12:55 am
12:56 am
>> it is time now for "one more thing." bob. president trump made a call to the space station to talk to peggy whitson who broke the record for most number of days in space. congratulations to her. this is what she had to say. >> it's a huge honor to break a record like this but it's an honor for me to basically be representing all the folks at nasa. a very exciting time to be at nasa. we are all very much looking forward as directed by your new nasa bill, we are excited about the missions to mars in the
12:57 am
2030s. >> maybe i should have told my wife to be an astronaut. >> okay... >> i doubt it. [laughter] >> bill marr on hbo said this. >> 75% of syrian farms failed. 1.5 people migrated to the cities. that's where it began and by the way, these people who are starving, whether you are bombed or aghast or starving, death is death. but we talk about a saudi gassing people. we are gassing them too. we are doing it slower with co2. >> the syrian crisis was caused by global warming which we caused and that is the same as gassing our own people? >> i think you got it. >> you got it down right. >> on saturday night, i had the distinct pleasure and opportunity to be able to go to d.c. and host the purple and gold gala at the army navy country club.
12:58 am
my son, ronan, that was my bidding panel. unbelievable. i went with my husband and his parents and we had a wonderful time. ronan actually got a challenge coin. from a commander of the third battalion. you see the picture there as well, frank howard, awarded the humanitarian award, he's wearing his jersey. also, the capital punisher. you know i like that. no, my ex-husband. >> oh, i am sorry. >> go to their foundation web site. for ending veteran homelessness. >> we better get through this one. i needed some tips.
12:59 am
here is what i got from twitter. i had people tell me, eat a big lunch, light lunch. take a nap. drink baileys and vodka and red bull before the show. i am sensing a pattern there. i don't know if i will do any of that but i am wide awake. greg, you are next. >> time for... you know who i hate? people who always say how precocious they were when they were a kid, the first to do something on their block because they were so smart. read this tweet from chelsea clinton. >> i wrote a letter to president reagan because -- president reagan still went but at least i had tried in my own small way. >> she said that when she was five. >> well done, what can i say. never miss an episode of
1:00 am
mar-a-lago come alive at 9:00 p.m. eastern. our friend sean hannity is up next. >> bret: the clock is ticking on the possibility of another government shutdown. what president trump wants and what he can do about it. this is "special report" ." good evening. welcome to washington for the second hour of "special report." i'm bret baier. it's become conventional wisdom that fair or not, if the u.s. government funding is not approved and is forced to shut down, many services, republicans will be blamed. republicans say it's ridiculous but concede it's true. it has happened many times before. with a little more than four days left, both the g.o.p. and democrats are throwing out the first punches in what could be a

202 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on