Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  May 18, 2017 12:00am-1:01am PDT

12:00 am
>> tucker: it was fun doing the second hour alive. thanks for joining us, we appreciate it. join us at 8:00 eas trump campaign manager, corey lewandowski will be here. "the five" in new york right no now. >> hello everyone, i'm jesse watters, welcome to the five on another night of breaking news. the justice department announced this evening that a special counsel has been appointed to investigate the allegations that the russian government attempted to influence the 2016 presidential election. deputy attorney general rod rosenstein appointed fbi director robert mulder to oversee the probe. president trump quickly reacted saying "a thorough investigation will confirm what we already know. there was no collusion between my campaign in any foreign entity." joining us now is fox news chief national correspondent ed henry.
12:01 am
the feds have been investigating russia and the election and donald trump's campaign for about a year, i haven't heard anything solid. everyone is running around crazy in washington on cable tonight. there's a difference between a scandal and the conspiracy. what exactly would it special counsel be investigating in terms of a crime. >> here's the problem for the white house tonight, this is now a wide open investigation. the press release from the justice department makes it very clear that robert mulder, a highly respected former director of the fbi, wide support in both parties now has a vast power to investigate russian influence in the last presidential election and other matters. what does that mean, also investigate at general mike flynn. if you think back to the clinton
12:02 am
days and ken starr, a special counsel, a special prosecutor can start as one thing and become quite another, and to be very, very difficult for a white house. on the other hand, what is good news for this white house tonight is the fact that the president's now perhaps can get back focused on taxes and health care and the other things he was elected to do while a highly regarded special counsel is now focused on the russia matter. to your question into your point, if this president has nothing to worry about, he will now have a highly respected investigator who will look at this and if there is nothing there at the end of it, the american people can have confidence that we can finally move on from this. if if robert mueller does find a crime or crimes, that's a whole other matter and it's going to get very difficult for this
12:03 am
president because of the fact that he's known as someone with great integrity. >> jesse: it could give the president some breathing room to enact his agenda in the next couple years. let's take it around the horn, kimberly guilfoyle. >> does this come as a surprise commits a direction they were leaving again, they want to have this habit to make sure there was nothing improper, no kinds of impropriety going on here. >> it did send mike a surprise, the president, the top aides have been resisting calls for a special counsel to be named. the fact of the matter is our own chief white house correspondent is telling us tonight from a senior administration official, when don mcgann got the official call from the justice department that this is the way they were going to go with robert mueller the special counsel, he went to the president and the oval office and convened a meeting, writes previous, the chief of staff,
12:04 am
kelly on conway, steve bannon, all kinds of top aides. what i find interesting in this reporting is that we are hearing that the president seems measured in his response. you know president trump's critics are waiting for him tonight or tomorrow morning early, get on social media stop ripping into bob mueller or his critics on the hill. instead we're hearing a much different portrait from the president senior advisor tonight and that in the oval office, the president told his top aides, this is the hand we've been dealt, let's move forward. to jesse's point, this may give on the positive side some breathing space to get back to the business of the nation all this uncertainty in washington, now it's good to be investigated, let's get back to business. the president realizes there's nothing he can do at this point, a special counsel has vast power, there is no more resisting the call. in some ways, that's good for this white house instead of the drip drip of not just democrats
12:05 am
but slowly some republicans on the hill saying we need a special counsel and the white house, that's over now. if there is a special counsel, they have to deal with it. if >> jesse: the president might be breathing a little sigh of relief. >> i want to be sure i get this straight, the justice department made this call and then the white house was told, right? >> you have the number two official who helped write that memo who helped the president decide he's going to fire at james comey, he has the power to appoint a special counsel because the number one official at the justice department the attorney general at the united states, the chief law enforcement officer jeff sessions has recused himself from all matters related to the russia investigation because he was part of the campaign. the white house had no control over it. >> bobl0: it's a little unusual that they don't even know this is going on. but i think it's good for them.
12:06 am
i think jesse made a good point. up to now, they have so screwed up the communication on this stuff on the drip, drip, drip, they could never get on the same page, this white house. now everyone could say they've got a special counsel and were not going to comment on it. if you can't screw that up, maybe they could, but it would be hard-pressed to do it. this white house might pull it off. >> previous administrations in both parties, whether you had a special counsel, or congressional investigation, it's an effective tool to suggest when you are asked, sean spicer, with the latest on the russia investigation? we're going to stay away from that. we have a special counsel, bob mueller is looking at that. the instead of that's drip, drip you mentioned and the pounding that sean spicer and the president himself had been taking, i'm not saying this is good news, there's a special counsel now investigating this. if and underline the word if a
12:07 am
crime or crimes here, bob mueller is respected and as a lawyer, is a former fbi director. if there are crimes here he's likely to find them. i'm not spinning this as good news but at the end of the day, you are absolutely right that this is a chance for the white house to insulate themselves and say that is going on over there, we're focused on the business of the country. >> jesse: dana perino. >> you are in the white house briefing room, i was the deputy press secretary at the time when the valerie plame investigation is going on, there was a special prosecutor patrick fitzgerald who was a u.s. attorney at the time. what is the difference of bob mueller taking over here? this is not just an investigation into possible collusion in between the trump campaign and russia. it's much bigger than that. i see this as a rob silverman report on wmd. if it's about the overall rush in an attempt to influence, it may be had nothing to do with
12:08 am
the trump campaign. when you look at some of the things russia was doing to hack into twitter and a social media and create fake news stories -- i actually think this could be very, very useful overall for not just america but for the civilized world to push back against russia in some sort of robert silverman type report that would be accepted in their conclusion. >> i think as you lay that out without a special counsel, president trump could be dealing with this not for weeks or months, but maybe years. you could get a fast investigation to look at everything, john mccain last night as a senior republican said this is becoming something like watergate, drip, drip. the american people are not going to have r investigation if it's done by people who are seen as close to the president, it must be some sort of independent probe appeared to your point, this could be important for this white house to have some sort of good housekeeping seal of
12:09 am
approval that this is not a crony of president trump who was looking at this. your question about a special prosecutor, the law has changed. remember the special prosecutor laws expired. the justice department has the ability to call a special counsel, what will that mean for bob mueller? he now has to hire lawyers, he has to have investigators we're told he's going to build on the current investigation with fbi agents but he's going to have to get office space in washington, this could be a sprawling investigation. does he look at it as a special counsel that investigates and recommends to the justice department whether or not there's a prosecution if there are crimes? final point, you are right. there is an important point everyone has to remember, this is not just about russia influencing the election. when the justice department says they'll be investigating, that could mean the president's dinner with james comey, the meeting in the oval office with james comey, general flynn and
12:10 am
the money he accepted, there are all kinds of things this could open the door to that could be very painful for this white house. if >> jesse: great got filled filled, you're next. >> there's so many lanes, there's more lengths of this, there might be nothing there. when you can't focus and instead it you're saying it could be this, it did this, it could be this, it's because there is no this. you're desperately trying to find all these little things, that's not what i want to talk about. i swear i can hear hillary clinton cackling in her makeshift shed out in the woods. i think this is for her a minor victory, a participation trophy after being slaughtered by trump in the election. if you remember in the book "shattered" right after she lost, the narrative that she wanted out, she lost because of russia. ever since then it has been about russia, russia, russia, now, that's what she got. the media is on board, everyone is doing her bidding, it's like
12:11 am
she never went away. >> it was even more recent than the book shattered and more recent than election night. think about when she did that q&a, and flat out said i was winning. if the election was held on october 27th, i'd be your president's bridge which is a remarkable thing to say because the election was not health plan. as a sean spicer from the podium the day after, he said if they had finished the super bowl at halftime, the atlanta falcons would have one. october 27th was ridiculous, it was not election day. i think it directly to your question, the fact of the matter is hillary clinton has not gotten over the result, maybe she gets some measure of justice tonight that this is all going to be looked at, but i think it's very interesting that remember donald trump and his advisors in the campaign encouraged this whole lock her up refrain and now you have a very in serious investigator
12:12 am
robert moeller looking on whether or not there are crimes on the trump side. we don't have any evidence that there was or is but now they are it and they are looking at it very closely. >> jesse: more to come ton became america's sweetheart when she starred on full house. 30 years later, people magazine says, "lori looks as ageless as ever." lori loughlin i am feeling really good about my skin right now. and that's because of meaningful beauty. announcer meaningful beauty is a powerful anti-aging system that visibly reduces wrinkles, diminishes expression lines and gives you healthier, younger looking skin. lori had always admired her friend cindy crawford's beautiful skin, so she asked her what her secret is. that's when cindy shared meaningful beauty with her and lori started to see amazing results. lori loughlin i've noticed a dramatic difference in my skin. the results have been incredible. announcer meaningful beauty was created by anti-aging specialist, dr. jean-louis sebagh. it's special formula is based on a rare melon, that
12:13 am
seems to halt the aging process. cindy crawford they are special melons that are only grown in a very remote part of the south of france. and if you look, you'll see that doctor's sebagh's melon, with it's anti aging antioxidants, is staying fresher and firmer, and that's what the melon extract is design to do for your skin in meaningful beauty. announcer meaningful beauty features two premium anti-aging serums to supercharge your results: first, the power house créme de serum and the breakthrough ultra lifting and filling treatment designed to visibly firm,tighten and lift your skin. order now and you'll pay just $39.95!. be one of the first 500 callers, mention promo code mb17, and you will also receive cindy's new targeted treatment trio, an $80 value, yours free. first, you get our customer favorite wrinkle-smoothing capsules to target the look of crow's feet, and expression lines. plus, our dark spot correcting treatment and the skin brightening decollete and neck treatment. lori loughlin it's like recapturing your youth. announcer meaningful beauty is guaranteed to work. your skin
12:14 am
will look younger or your money back. you get all this, a $200 value for just 39.95. and now shipping is free! call 1-800-700-2900 or go online
12:15 am
12:16 am
speak to a special counsel has been appointed to oversee the probe into russia's interference in the election. robert moeller has accepted, here's jason chaffetz. >> may be there watching a little too much television and reading too many newspapers and whatnot. i have not seen any evidence of actual collusion where is the actual crime that they think they need a special prosecutor to prosecute, i haven't seen that. there's been a lot of flailing but that started before january 20th. >> dana: here's a benefit, we talked about the white house is liberating to take this opportunity to not comment, health care, jobs, relentless focus, have a good foreign trip come back, let the chips fall where they may in terms of prosecutor.
12:17 am
congressman jay fitz is actually retiring and then muddying the waters with more politics. >> jesse: if i was about to retire, i would start working on my tan i would start playing tennis, i don't know that he wants to get embroiled in this in this fiasco four. i do agree with you and some of what ed said, there are benefits to this special counsel. i admit i flip-flopped on this thing. there's already multiple investigations. i can say that i flip-flopped and that's on tape. now i believe because the heat has gone up so much, it lowers the temperature on other levels. it takes the hole trump fired comey and obstructs justice, it gives spicer a big sigh of relief and guys notice you need to help out there. and it takes the democratic messaging away that trump is above the law he's a king that 80s stopping stopping everything from going on, it says something very interesting.
12:18 am
it could go into the flynn thin thing, the unmask yours." go to the leakers. who knows where things end up. if this might end up blowing back on the democrats. >> dana: i want to ask you this, the democrats had supported bob mueller during the obama administration, public service is in his dna, he's been in washington for a long time, join to seven days before 9/11. served in obama's and administration, they asked him to serve an additional two years, will the democrats accept his conclusion? expatriate you can't not, the guy has an enormous amount of among democrats. the good news is whatever he says is done, that's going to be at. i think it's going to be accepted or not accepted, but how do you not accept somebody like this? here's the other thing, it opens up a whole avenue for more leak
12:19 am
leaks. the amount of leaking that comes out of this place, all this information in the fbi. if you got a new fbi director coming in, probably working with existing agents, i think you'll be it tension between him and the new director. >> dana: mueller is not a showboat in any way, he is not a u.s. attorney who has a future in mind like patrick fitzgerald did in the bush administration he already has his name and his public service. >> he's not controversial, what are their future ambitions? this is someone of integrity, high intelligence terms of the quality of it, the expense of it, you don't want it to be a deterrent to the president's agenda, the proposals and what
12:20 am
he wants to put forward and have those be counted. but i do echo bob's sentiment that there's a real problem here in terms of opportunity for leaks the president has to make sure he has a touch team around him, he's focusing on his agenda and they really try and control leaks and people that might be trying to do him harm appeared the mic. >> dana: i had a good point for greg. just comment on anything. >> greg: you know when you go to to complain about a billing problem at a company and they go we were addressing at, where'd you go after that? it's a problem, yes, we're addressing that. he is the supervisor, he's addressing that. now it's like you are passed off
12:21 am
about russia, you go yeah, we're addressing that. if >> dana: i remember my question. to kimberly's point, the worst thing would be leaks. the problem is the purpose the person who's perpetuating the story is the president himself. will he not be able to comment? >> greg: i think this is a posturing pacifier, the dems can suck on this, with the exception of ken starr, i can't remember any of these probes amounted to anything memorable. it's background noise for years it's a really boring version of law & order, it goes on and on and on, it may outlast us. >> dana: wear and tear on the staff, it there are consequences. >> bob: does a special counsel go to the justice department and
12:22 am
if they decide that they want to prosecute, he still has to do with the fbi director would do, right? >> kimberly: that's a good question, he would be doing the same thing that comey was doing, putting together an investigation, because comey wasn't doing the investigation himself, overseeing it, collects the evidence and put everything together and put together his report based on the findings. what he's not going to do is then step in and to say they're making the decision. >> dana: as you heard ed henry said the law changed four years ago, i don't think it's exactly clear it will find out my the morning. it >> jesse: can i get a little more credit for admitting i flip-flopped? >> dana: you are remarkably inconsistent in your thoughts but when you flip flop you do it in spectacular fashion. >> bob: were not good to forget it. >> dana: up next, greg shares his thoughts that's when he'll his thoughts that's when he'll give us his point.
12:23 am
12:24 am
12:25 am
you won't see these folks at the post office.
12:26 am
his thoughts that's when he'll give us his point. they have businesses to run. they have passions to pursue. how do they avoid trips to the post office? stamps.com mail letters, ship packages, all the services of the post office right on your computer. get a 4 week trial, plus $100 in extras including postage and a digital scale. go to stamps.com/tv and never go to the post office again.
12:27 am
>> greg: what happened to my music? it's spreading, impeachmentitis. in symptoms, hyperventilation, >> i rise to date mr. speaker to call for the impeachment of thee united states of america. for obstruction of justice. >> it's a big question, that president trump try to block the investigation, an impeachable defense >> is impeachment now on the table? >> the ground has completely shifted on capitol hill, you're going to have hearings, i think we know what the summer is going to be. it's going to with a summer of comey. >> i was in the nixon administration, i thought i'd never see another one. but i think we are in impeachment territory. >> greg: it's war, mean girls
12:28 am
style, a slumber party of unsourced gossip followed by hysteria every single day. trump could be better but he's 70 and never had a boss who could fire him. there's also been a a president more hated the beltway. after the election, the first word out of hilary's mouth wasn't goodbye, it was resist, now they're all on board doing her job. what does it really changed? nothing. it makes the game more interesting. our government has always done stuff that the public doesn't see. donald trump doesn't hide it making him a leakers dream appear to we have this of cable news -- you think obama never s? you think you never told the russians to chill until he won? you think you didn't give it manning a pass, that's so much worse. but greg, that shouldn't excuse donald trump, yes it does. if windows are drooling defenders of obama now scream for trump's head you bet it
12:29 am
does. it's a pure media played like a 24 hours super bowl and it doesn't end until there is a loser which won't be the media or the pollsters because like roaches they survive everything. electing trump, a disruptive force was revolutionary. now what you are seeing is the counterrevolution led by a frantic force that slept through the last nine years. the whole thing is silly and overbought. it's like a twilight movie with old ugly people. >> jesse: that's music to my ears. so dana is this impeachment talk overblown, under blown or just blown? >> completely overblown, nothing is more unattractive to me than overreach and nothing can unite a party like in impeachment effort. after the republicans impeach from there, bill clinton's popularity with the democrats, it has never waned. i'm not saying that's good to happen here, for his detractors, every night they think there's going to be some payoff.
12:30 am
every night they tune in, tonight is the night. 90% is it happening unless there is evidence that we might not even known for two or three years. i think they are chasing something that is not going to be the case. it doesn't mean that there isn't political damage to his agenda or the inability to get on message and to stay on it, that's all true. but i think impeachment is way out-of-bounds. >> greg: i think it's an example of some contagious, somebody would faint and somebody would paint and another person would faint and they would have to bring in the powder sawdust. >> jesse: it's contagious it's all over television. the media has nothing left in the bullpen. if nancy pelosi is against impeachment, she is the voice of reason, i think you have to pump the brakes a little bit there. the only think that trump has obstructed is hillary moving into the white house.
12:31 am
let's look at what happened her here. he said dinner, he said flynn is a good guy, i hope he doesn't go down, that's not threatening the fbi director. obstruction of justice you have to act with knowledge of committing a crime and have intends to undermine. if that was true, then comey is guilty of a felony for not reporting it immediately. and obama interfered, to ongoing investigations with chilling public statements on the irs and hillary. i don't think, he survived locker room talk. if you can survived locker room talk, i think he could survive a memo from comey. >> greg: i think the media failed to realize that they are talking about a coup. they're trying to look for perceived injustice and build it into something bigger. they failed to realize there are 60 million people, civilians who voted for an idea. you think you're going to try to get -- you think you're going to
12:32 am
find a way to get a him out of office and not pass off millions of people who will take to the streets? they're not thinking about the safety of the country. if >> or the well-being of the country. >> greg: it's not like impeaching nixon or clinton, people hit the streets because they know you're trying to weasel this. >> kimberly: what he's trying to say so you're not too alarmed is president trump has a very active and vocal supporters that helped carry him into the office. for the democrats, i think it's very loose and overpromising and they're going to under deliver to their supporters and constituents. i don't believe they're going to impeach this president. based on what evidence? certainly nothing that gets put forward thus far. they are hyping it and hide bigots because they like the sound of it, they like the idea of it, they like the sound of the fundraising dollars and back to the constituents but they're not actually think about what's in the best interest of the country to try to undermine the
12:33 am
presidency. the other problem is it's not just that the mainstream media and the dems and the liberals, there are people within the president's own party and in his own administration that aren't really serving him the best way that they could, perhaps they're not all on board with his policies and his proposals and his agenda. if i were him, i would tighten up the ranks and make sure that he has a real strong loyalty with him at lake president reagan did, they called at reagan's army. when he came in and he dismissed the people that weren't his people and brought his and own to go forward. >> greg: should bit scared the average american that a political party in the media are so in-line, they're practically interchangeable on this issue? >> bob: i'm not sure the american people think about that much. but we push back on you. let me make a statement audible the spread you say there's nothing there, how do you know? none of us know, we've got to wait for the effects to come out. we shouldn't just dismiss it as saying it won't be impeachable, i don't know whether it will or
12:34 am
not. >> greg: you just argued against your own argument. it's impeachable, it's impeachable, how do you know? >> bob: i didn't say it was impeachable. i've set the table now for three weeks and listened to the concert drumbeat of jumping all over obama. the next obama comment is don't ask me to comment on it. i'm out of that. if you guys can't defend your own guy wanted to defend them instead of taking it back to obama? >> jesse: were making an analogy that president obama said there is no national security threat by having a secret server. no one said anything about obstruction of justice than in the media. now it trump says almost the exact same thing but much less and now you're saying there is grounds for impeachment, it does make sense. >> greg: biggest release of classified documents in military
12:35 am
history, 35 years in jail, obama sends him home with a hero's welcome. this is somehow worse. before they have to deal with the real island that it had, they had to play the best hand they possibly can. we don't know what the intent was, so he could have a private conversation director call me about michael flynn, that's actionable. if your boss or somebody on behalf of your boss is asking you are pressuring you to defend that person or this person, that is actionable. it might not be illegal, but it is considered wrong. it's going comey should have said something at the time. >> dana: not necessarily, if he thought he had control of the investigation, at the time. >> jesse: in the statute it says when you become aware of obstruction of justice you have to immediately put report to the
12:36 am
supervisor. >> dana: has memo doesn't say there is obstruction of justice he hasn't testified yet. in addition there is the investigation that mueller will do and he has to testify in the public hearing. >> jesse: if the fbi didn't agree with obstruction at the time, i don't think there's obstruction. >> bob: i don't think at all he had a responsibility to say that because it's an ongoing investigation, it's a piece of the investigation, i wouldn't be so quick to dismiss all this. >> kimberly: i don't think anybody is, were going to be saying what the results of the investigation are, due process to find out exactly what happened for the truth of the matter. >> greg: i'm so sick of this high and mighty garbage, behind the scenes is never squeaky clean. informants, police pay them off. when you pull back the curtain, the truth is in every walk of life there is some kind of negotiation.
12:37 am
we somehow elected somebody all he does is negotiate and unaware somehow that's not part of the formal duty. >> bob: you've seen "the wizard of oz," i assume? donald trump is the guy behind the smoke of the wizard. >> jesse: that makes you the ten man. >> bob: that makes you the lion with the big heart? willing to admit you were wrong? now we've got about 10,000 others you can get to. >> greg: let's move on. president trump is firing back against his critics, were g
12:38 am
12:39 am
12:40 am
12:41 am
>> kimberly: president trump travels to connecticut today where he delivers the commencement address at the coast guard academy in his message to the cadets, heat discussed some of the recent press coverage of his presidency. >> president trump: i wanted to take opportunity to give some
12:42 am
advice. over the course of your life, you will find things are not always fair. look at the way i've been treated lately. especially by the media. no politician in history -- and i say this with great surety -- has been treated worse or more unfairly. >> kimberly: president trump also explained how his administration overcame adversity to encompass a number of goals. >> president trump: we've saved the second amendment, expanded service for our veterans, i've loosened up the strangling environmental chains wrapped around our country and our economy. we've begun plans and preparations for the border wall, were going to give you major tax reform. i didn't get elected to serve the washington media or special interests. i got elected to serve the
12:43 am
forgotten men and women of our country. >> kimberly: this is a good speech today, obviously his treatment by the media something that is forefront of the president's mind, feeling that he has a number of accomplishments that he's been able to carry forth but it gets lost in the storm appeared to >> jesse: i think anthony weiner was treated badly by the press but trump is getting eviscerate eviscerated. it's a little pathetic to say i'm the victim when you're the commander in chief, you're the president of the united states and the leader of the free world, but. but the media has called donald trump a clan member, a sexual deviant, hitler, a bigot, they've made the queue with his son, his grandson, his wife, they smeared his business accomplishment, his books, his empire. they've done everything they could to stop his presidency from going forward. i could see why he's a little
12:44 am
testy and i think it works for him, when he plays the victim it rallies the base despite the fact that he's a billionaire he's seen as the underdog taking on the establishment. >> bob: can i get my vomit towel now? this guy is a whiner he's been a whiner all of his life he's been handed everything he's ever got he's about to fall below 30%. >> jesse: was a handed a billion dollars? >> kimberly: max petrie he was handed about 200 million by his data. a >> jesse: if you are headed what he was handed you would've lost it all. >> bob: done in atlantic city, you can't do that. it takes an idiot to lose a casino. >> kimberly: it you want about talking about obama. >> dana: media bias is all relative, with president bush, the media said he traded blood for oil and it was repeated then by other people i won't have to go into right now.
12:45 am
trashing the media keeps people in your corner but that's about it. right now they have got to use president trump's persuasive abilities at the bully pulpit to help get his agenda through. it's politically toxic for the republicans in his voice is needed to explain to people why that bill makes sense, why tax reform makes sense. he has a great concept for the foreign trip, he's done nothing to lay out. when he talks about media bias, you can bet the media's going to pick up on it because it works for both, everyone wins and everyone loses. it >> kimberly: you're absolutely right, they should to be doing a good job to get this message out. this is a pathetic trip stomach to make trip. >> greg: when president trump said he's been the worst treated of all politicians people pointed out what about those that were assassinated, it's so obvious what he was talking
12:46 am
about, he was talking about a choreographed army in critics, the thing is this. if it wasn't trump who was elected as a republican if it was rubio or rick perry or ted cruz, the people who hate trump would hate to them only slightly less. the idea that somehow they would be treating them differently, no. a conventional republican candidate, they would see that person as evil because they seal all republicans, they vilify romney, bush, reagan, any republican is evil to them. the only difference here is trump is not just evil to them but scary to them. i would rather have somebody that scares them. >> bob: he scares people. if he's a punk. >> kimberly: i like my present from your friends. >> jesse: swamp swag.
12:47 am
up next, michael moore has a threat for president trump, were going to tell you
12:48 am
12:49 am
12:50 am
>> bob: welcome back, and 2004, micro more had a
12:51 am
documentary that was highly critical of the war on terror, he now says he's working on a new movie, after the election, before he left, it will doom trump's presidency. what do you think, do you think he's got the one sent by those with imperative >> greg: it's really smart because he realizes the media will sell this movie for him, it will be featured on every single show because the pe gatekeepers of entertainment will eat this up. if he created a movie poster and released 90 minutes of dead air, the media would still give it five stars because they just assume it's great and not even watch it. >> bob: we've only got 90 seconds. go ahead to dana. it's before fahrenheit have an impact on president bush's popular numbers but it didn't lead to impeachment. if you think this is the golden egg that's going to get you there, it isn't.
12:52 am
>> bob: i don't want to see him impeached. i want to keep them around. >> jesse: i think he looks good, he's lost weight. i've interviewed him a few times, i think he's a sincere, honest guy. he's been on fox a few times. if i don't think he's a bad guy, i think is a professional propaganda artist. the left two films he's had have been flossed, i don't think it's good to move the needle and all. >> kimberly: i think it's so courageous of him to do this film, not. >> bob: that ends my segment, i'll see you all in a week by the way.
12:53 am
12:54 am
12:55 am
12:56 am
♪ >> jesse: time now, for one more thing, dana. it's before we told you about the struggling story in san diego area involving illegal immigrant who crashed his family's truck sending a 6-year-old boy to the hospital, the suspect is constantino acosta. he now faces the state charges we asked why have the feds prosecuted him? after behind-the-scenes pressure, we could tell you the attorney's office to the right thing and charged him with illegal reentry, the first time he's been charged with that crime. we were able to talk with the mother of the young boy, he's still in the hospital. the thoughts and prayers that we've been able to help get for all of them has really helped her and sustained them, and she thanks all of us for thinking
12:57 am
about him and keeping him in our prayers, he'll be out of the hospital. >> kimberly: in a rare tv interview, giselle bunche and wife of new england patriots star cornerback tom brady she rebuilt for the first time her husband has sustained several concussions pulling football even as recently as last year, take a listen. >> as you know it's not the most on the mic on aggressive sport, he had a concussion last year, he had a concussion everything we talked about, he does have concussions. if i don't think it's a healthy thing for everybody to go through. >> kimberly: the problem is they have no record of him suffering a concussion but will be investigated the matter. according to the league, the total number of concussions in 2016 including all practices, preseason and regular-season was 244. >> bob: there's been three quarterbacks who have gone down with concussions including troy eckman and the nfl once again ducks on it, the cowards.
12:58 am
>> kimberly: they try to cover them as well so they don't have to sit out the game or the next game or the season. >> jesse: greg. >> greg: time for this. that's my podcast. you can find it, it's a fox news podcast, he's an evolutionary psychologist we talk about trump, now it's time for this. rich kid news, rich kids are awesome, i can't get enough of them, they're so rich. i love it because they combined wealth with puppies. let's take a look at this instagram in england, creating an uproar because this woman is using an adorable puppy to polish her two million-dollar maserati. a lot of people think this is a poor use of a puppy but apparently the dog enjoys it. the puppy probably has a better life than all of us if she has a
12:59 am
two million-dollar maserati, i salute you rich kids of england. >> kimberly: the puppy probably eats better steak than you. >> jesse: president trump received a ceremonial saver at the u.s. coast guard commencement ceremony today. there was a hot mike moment with department of homeland security secretary john kelly, roll the tape. i think he needs to be investigated for that threat, very, very scary stuff. what do you have? >> bob: you know barack what's mark he's decided he wants to run for president. a recent poll out shows the rock now beats donald trump, and everybody up against him, if you look at joe biden he beats them by 34, this guy is as dead clinically --
1:00 am
>> greg: the only polls that matter are on election day. >> jesse: never miss an episode of "the five" ," night. ♪ 's the one good evening and welcome to "tucker carlson tonight." we are coming do you live at 11:00 washington time because an awful lot is going on here. for going to be talking to a number of people at the center of it, including cory lewandowski, who may be back on his way to the white house. first, the news, the justice department announced a special counsel to oversee the russian investigation. attorney general jeff sessions has already recused himself from the matter, so from here on out, the entire thing will be led

40 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on