Skip to main content

tv   Tucker Carlson Tonight  FOX News  May 31, 2017 8:00pm-9:01pm PDT

8:00 pm
@seanhannity on twitter. that's all the time we have left this evening. if we're lucky, sadly for your liberal snowflakes, we will be back here tomorrow night. ♪ >> tucker: good evening and welcome to "tucker carlson tonight." kathy griffin has just been bounced from cnn after apologizing for her gruesome donald trump beheading video. in a minute, we'll ask what happened to comedy and why it has has suddenly been replaced by preachy political sermonizing from dumb people? a real concern. but first, hillary clinton appears to be making a fashion statement by adopting the left's trendiest new accessory, a tinfoil hat. while taking questions at a tech conference at california today, clinton dismissed for scandal over her private email server as a nonissue of zero importance. >> my email account was turned into the biggest scandal since lord knows when. this is the biggest
8:01 pm
nothing burger ever. it was a mistake. i said it was a mistake. obviously, if i could turn the clock back, i wouldn't have done it in the first place. the way it was used was very damaging. >> tucker: it meant nothing. it was totally irrelevant. which raises the question, if i didn't mean anything, why did it hurt her campaign so much?ev she had an explanation for that, too. because the right-wingers in the media, "the washington post," the "new york times," wouldn't let her go.o. >> i know you had a "new york times" reporter here yesterday, and they covered it like it was pearl harbor. then, in their endorsement of me, they said, this email thing it's like a help desk issue. so, it was always a hard issue to put to bed. but we put it to bed in july and then it rose up again. >> tucker: okay, so, the "new york times" is biased against democrats, a novel defense you say?
8:02 pm
oh, but it got weirder from there. a lot weirder. hillary went on to deliver a narrative so complex he couldd barely follow it, but we did. she explained how donald trump and russia teamed up to rob her of her rightful job as president of the united states. >> how did they know what messages to deliver?er who told them? who told them? who were they coordinating with or colluding with? there are all the stories about guys over in macedonia who arere running these fake news sites. the russians, in my opinion, and based on the intel encounter -- and counter intel, people i have talked to could not have known howbe to best weaponize tt information unless they had been guided b. >> guided by americans. >> guided by americans. within one hour -- one hour -- of the "access hollywood" tapes being leaked, within one hour, the russians, let's say wikileaks, same thing, dumpedit the john podesta emails.
8:03 pm
>> tucker: the russians, but not just the russians. the guys in macedonia. here's what hillary clinton is asking for you to believe. campaign had no message or idea what voters wanted. that didn't matter, any of it. they were going to win. it was guaranteed. at the last minute, the trump campaign, which had half the money that hillary had, almost no staffers, came up with a diabolical idea to reach out directly to the government of vladimir putin and his army of bloggers and hackers, and request emergency help.he putin complied, course, because trump was his puppet, perhaps a secret agent of the clumped on -- of the kremlin. what happens next is history, oi is hillary might put it, "herstory." unnamed members hack to the dncd in the personal gmail accounts of clinton's campaign chairman john podesta, having deduced this might be the best way to hurt her in the campaign. the emails they exposed found a cozy relationship with the media on the democratic party. they showed that the democratic
8:04 pm
primary premise was rigged. they exposed wall street script transcript that clinton wanted to keep secret. in fact, hillary explains thatri the emails the russians hacked were boring, and contain nothing worth note. to increase the potency of this scheme, the trump campaign ordered russia to manufacture something called fake newsen out of the emails and distribute them for their network of boguss news outlets, which by the way, they have. you probably didn't know that. now, researchers at stanford have discovered that the fake news that hillary discovered was seen by nobody, but according to hillary, it was enough in the end to bamboozle the sad and confused voters of pennsylvaniaa and wisconsin into mistakenly voting for donald trump. by the way, she feels sorry for them. according to hillary, the trump campaign was so tied to the vast russian propaganda apparatus that they dictated the release of john podesta's emails down to the minute in order to
8:05 pm
achieve maximum effect. they were apparently successful in this, even though according to hillary, nothing bad was in the emails in the first place and it should've had no effect at all.n is that diabolical enough for you? keep in mind that hillary confidently asserted all of this today while providing precisely no evidence that any whatever happened, a conspiracy so vast, she doesn't need to prove it. no matter how much you may dislike hillary clinton, and some of you may, it was a poignant performance to watch. you almost want to help her. mark steyn is a writer, columnist, and a regular sub for rush limbaugh on the radio. he joins us tonight. did you have the same reaction i did, which is, boy, this is making me uncomfortable? i feel sorry for this person.di >> that was my first reaction. my second reaction, tucker, wasf to say if i ever run for president, i want to say macedonian campaign consultants, who are the geniuses. that is who the russians go to when they want to really sew up a presidential campaign. >> tucker: [laughs] that is too good.
8:06 pm
have you noticed that we are making fun of hillary clinton, and actually my sympathy for her is sincere because i thought this was deranged, what she said today. but she is not theshe is the thc presidential candidate in a row to lose and to make the case i didn't actually lose. john kerry, al gore. do you see a theme? >> in fairness, al gore and john kerry lost to conventional candidates. what donald trump did was unprecedented too.o. he had never been elected to the school board.ru he had no ground game. he spent less money than anybodt since chester arthur. he veered eratically off message, so, sometimes they'd be talking about make america great again, and 10 minutes later he', be going on about how macy's stock has tanked since they stopped carrying trump ties. and yet, somehow, he manages to beat the most qualified candidate ever to run for the, presidency of the united states. the democrats and the candidate herself just can't accept that
8:07 pm
this happened. in essence, they are right. if it was a military campaign, they'd be teaching it at colleges across the world for the next two centuries. it's remarkable. >> tucker: fair point. you're making a great point. this is a pretty conventional defense mechanism, psychological reaction. i wish we weren't dragging thein foreign policy along with it, though. >> i think that is true. if you are putin, at this stage, let's say that trump is a russian agent. if you were putin, you would have to think, you have a twofer.ge right now, hillary is telling the american people, whatever happens, the russians are behind it. that is how cunning they are, their power is so all pervasive. later in that bizarre performance, she starts going on about how cambridge analytics, this data mining group, apparently insisted, in return
8:08 pm
for providing trump with data, that he hire kellyanne conway and steve bannon. as hillary sees it, kellyanne conway is some kind of soviet honey trap who is at the heart of this campaign. i don't even understand that because cambridge analytic, as i understand is, was set up by some british company, so, the plot thickens because now we have double, rogue double agents from mi6, probably kim filby,e if you remember, the cold war. that's the thing. what you have to ask is, who is behind the russians? well, it's his cambridge analytics. but who was behind the british? the macedonians. they are behind everything. >> tucker: i guess what is so ludicrous about this, they are blaming the trump campaign's collusion with russia. now, the russians, whatever their skills, can't build a reliable escalator. i don't think they can pull this off. the trump campaign was pure message.
8:09 pm
that's all they had. they had no money, they were disorganized, deeply, in a lot of ways.'s there is no way they could have -- if you know anything about how it actually happen, this is insane! >> the fantastic thing about the trump campaign, if you forgive me being an unassimilated foreigner on you, tucker, presidential politics, the conventions had gotten so hopelessly boring. hillary ran an utterly conventional campaign. she paid talentless mediocre people large sums of money to do the same things that have done for every other candidate. trump comes along, he is boredf stiff by all of that, and hee just does it his way and blows all those stupid conventions out of the water. the republicans hated him for doing that. w and the democrats still can't actually believe he did it. >> tucker: mark steyn, you're single-handedly making me pro-immigration, at least in your case. thank you for joining us. >> more macedonian immigrants, tucker!le >> tucker: they're already here! [laughter]
8:10 pm
kathy griffin's isis-style beheading them trump was offensive, obviously. even worse, it was totally unfunny. up next, we'll ask a comedian why politics appear tot be ruining comedy. c also, president trump coined a new phrase, covfefe. how do you pronounce it? what is that? [laughs] what is behind the reaction to it? all of that in the day's weirdest stories. stay tuned. think 'good things only come in threes...?' introducing the outback aussie 4! soup and salad. center-cut sirloin and dessert. a four course meal, starting at just $14.99. the outback aussie four course is a big win... but, hurry in! it's not 4 ever.
8:11 pm
8:12 pm
it can seem like triggers pop up everywhere. luckily there's powerful, 24-hour, non-drowsy claritin. it provides relief of symptoms that can be triggered by over 200 different allergens. live claritin clear.
8:13 pm
♪ >> tucker: kathy griffin got canned by cnn this afternoon, a day after she posted a picture
8:14 pm
of herself posing isis- stylehy with donald trump's bloody severed head. the image itself was appalling,p violent, creepy, weird. it was also -- this may be the main problem -- totally unfunny. kathy griffin bills herself as a comedian, but this was not comedy. it was a political stunt of the dumbest kind. your eighth-grader wouldn't do this. it's too stupid. it wasn't a departure for griffin. she hasn't been funny in years, assuming she ever was. people clap for her not because they are amused but because they agree with the politics. that is not art. it's affirmation. an awful lot of comedy is likeit that all of a sudden. ever watch samantha bee? a if you like preachy self righteousness in massive doses, that's the show for you. or try john oliver or bill maher or trevor noah or stephen colbert. some of these guys used to be funny, but not samantha bee, she was never funny. now, they are playing to the biases and vanities of their audiences and it's working, which means they are all the exactly the same, prisoners of conformity, which is always the
8:15 pm
sworn enemy of art. step out of line and you pay the price, as dave chapelle, who is a genius, learned when he returned from retirement long ago and dared to gore a sacred cow or two. that used to be what comedians did and we were grateful to hear someone tell the truth. now they are booed off the stage for daring to do that. humor is dead. politics killed it. ben kissel is a comedian. he joins us to mourn.n ben, i know we are not on the same side politically, i doubt any comedian agrees with my politics. but i think you'll agree, kathy griffin is just not funny. i know a lot of people who work in comedy, i don't know onee person who thinks kathy griffin is talented. she's not. yet, she has hung on all these years because she is a political activist. that's enough. it shouldn't be enough. >> i am not the core demographic for kathy griffin or her fan base -- her fan base and enjoys her. there's something to be said about that. i think it might be a misnomer because she is a comedian.
8:16 pm
it doesn't mean, however, that all of her actions, moments of satire, are meant to solicit, solicit laughter.t i think she was attempting to make a political point that obviously has angered a lot on the right and certainly, some on the last. -- the left. i think we do have to address the issue of political correctness and how it has gone completely bonkers in this country and the right, for the longest time, called the left snowflakes. where i am sitting, it is cold in here. f the snow was falling, not from the left, but from the right. >> tucker: let me be totally clear. i'm never going to call for anybody's firing for saying f something stupid on television, as someone who has said stupid things on television. it happens all the time and i'm not into it. let's just be totally real about kathy griffin. she is totally mediocre. like, when you say -- just because she is doing this, means she has to funny, if you say you are a surgeon, you have to be able to take my appendix out. h or you are not a surgeon. there should be a bar for being funny and she doesn't meet it. >> i'm not going to go into if she is funny or not. it's a very subjective thing. i want to focus on herhehe first amendment rights, for the
8:17 pm
satire, it should exist, she is a first amendment right to do so, the same way that ted nugent has a first amendment right to shoot an effigy of barack obama in 2012, the same way that that rodeo clown who was fired from the rodeo for putting on a barack obama mask had the right to his performance. >> tucker: the first amendment, which i support, vehemently, doesn't mean anything if you can't exercise. it. comedians feel that they have to toe a certain line and you know because you are in this business. a they are not free to deviate from the received wisdom on anything. t conformity is enforced. and that -- you can't create art of that environment. >> i am not sure if that is true. obviously, kathy griffin has a learned that when you put yourself out there, there will be a blowback and again, that is well within the individual's rights to have the blowback of her actions. of course, she can also do those actions. i think we have to look at it as a whole. the right, for the longest time, has been demonizing would lasto
8:18 pm
-- the left for being politically correct. this is an opportunity for the right to stand up and say, i am not for this, i think it isrt abhorrent, but she has a right to do it. >> tucker: nobody i know --eo i'm trying to talk to you about art, though, which is more meaningful than politics. it pertains to human expression. what people care about and what they really believe. i'll give you an example, and it is political but is the perfect example. the kid who gave a speech, theiv suppose it comedy deal, at the white house correspondents dinner, was like -- totally mediocre. he was there because he hates trump. here's a clip from this. watch it. >> donald trump doesn't care about free speech. f the man who tweets everything that enters his head refuses to acknowledge the amendment that allows him to do it. think about it. it's almost -- what is it, 11? it's 11:00 p.m. right now. in four hours, donald trump will be tweeting about how bad nicki minaj bombed at this dinner.
8:19 pm
[laughter] and he'll be doing it completely sober. and that is his right. and i am proud that all of us are here tonight to defend that right, even if the man in the white house neverer would. >> tucker: oh, god. stop with the preaching. does anybody ever stop with the preaching? i mean, seriously.. >> i could go for less preaching. there is no denying that. again, to hammer home the pointo it was her right. ted nugent was just recently in the oval office -- >> tucker: yes, whatever. >> he is fortunate because it has been a distraction. >> tucker: i want someone to tell the truth, don't you? when dave chapelle, everyone acknowledges that he is really talented. he comes back, he doesn't know the rules have changed and he tells jokes about transgendersed or whatever and all of a sudden he is attacked by everyone because that is not allowed. some things are off limits. a how can comedians allow anythin to be off-limits? i thought that was the whole point. you were brave enough to tell
8:20 pm
the whole truth. you're not. you're cowards. >> i completely agree, comedians should be able to push the line. it's what kathy griffin has done. it has caused her monetarily. >> tucker: she didn't cross the line. she was playing for her sanctimonious friends. it was like the nine people in her world were like, go, kathy, that is so brave! but it doesn't tell a truth about anything. it is like crap. [laughs] >> this is an opportunity for the right to stand up for the first amendment, allowing people to do this, allowed to protest kathy griffin all you want.or >> tucker: i'm sorry, ben, that they have you captive over there. great to see you tonight. kathy griffin's beheading photo op was big news yesterday, you wouldn't be able to tell by watching cnn. joe concha watches cnn for a living and he writes about media for "the hill." he joins us. this was a big story but not over there? >> it wasn't covered as much, nearly. it was embarrassing for cnn. granted, she is only on their once a year, but still, that is
8:21 pm
an employee that they were paying to do the new year's eve special with anderson cooper. but give kathy griffin -- i will give her some creditr. here, tucker. she is the first person in years to bring the left and the rightt together in denouncing one issue. when you can have keith olbermann, chelsea clinton, mitt romney, and donald trump all saying that photo is bad, we are really onto something. >> tucker: cnn wasn't part of that. they were sort of standing alone and that is because it wasn't news? no one was talking about it? what are the other reasons? >> it was the top trending story all day yesterday. i thought that they would come out, after you saw this photo, and immediately say, she is not part of our new year's eve coverage anymore. it took them about a full day. they eventually did get to taking her off that coverage. look, we are at a point now where kathy griffin has an endorsement with squatty potty, a great american product.ri i love that.
8:22 pm
catchy slogan. stools for better stools. about 5 minutes after that photo came out, they said we are denouncing kathy griffin, ending a relationship. it took cnn another day before they were able to do the same. squatty potty is more decisive than the cable news network. >> tucker: [laughs] the toilet company has higher standards than the news channel, is that what you are saying? i don't want to put words in your mouth. >> no, let's move on. >> tucker: [laughs] what exactly does this mean? as a factual matter, was she employed by the channel?>> was she coming in every year, were they paying her for that? how long has she been doing the new year's thing? >> i would think she was compensated. she has been doing the new year's eve thing since 2007 with anchor anderson cooper from times square, very highly rated7 special that they do every year, mainly because they got two things out of it. ratings because she did a provocative thing probably or said a provocative thing and
8:23 pm
they got morale because the clips kept moving on and on. that is what delayed cnn's move. social media's the great equalizer in 2017, tucker. cnn thought at first maybe thish will blow over by december when they announce that she is coming back. but if that happens, you would have boycotts , which i know you don't like. advertisers, you would have a p.r. nightmare and he would have people screaming about this because that is an image. take trump and griffin out of it. that is an image of an americang citizen holding up a beheaded head of a sitting president, making our greatest enemy, you could argue, and isis. that is something that they would not forget. this is her legacy now, unfortunately. >> tucker: she was horrible before, just pandering to the elites and their stupid closed minded attitudes. i tuned into the channel yesterday to see, are they covering this, and what are they covering? it is interesting to see their alternative reality. this is what i saw. watch. >> being president is note agreeing with the president. he complained that his first trip overseas it was going to be too long, he wasn't looking forward to it. he returns to the white house angry. t he's gained weight, according to sources, he doesn't trust people
8:24 pm
around him.. he is withdrawing. not a good picture. it's the one being painted by those sources. >> tucker: [laughs] i actually like the anchor over there who said that. that line, i have to put it on my refrigerator. "he has gained weight according to sources." >> you know what the number one complaint of "the new york times" is? the overuse of unnamed source a reader sitting at home, i am wondering, who has the motivation and the agenda to gos on the record with cnn, who trump -- he hasn't appeared on the network since august of 2016 -- what trend of trump is running for cnn to talk about how much of a bad mood he is in and how much weight he has gained?? m what is the credibility of the source and the first place? motive? agenda, credibility? here's the problem, tucker. after the story comes out, everybody else in media picks ug the story as gospel because they believe the source who we don't know who it is and what their agenda is. that is the whole problem with these bombshells that we haveve
8:25 pm
seen for the first 120 days. >> tucker: unless it's his personal physician, i think you would have to say, nobody knows what he weighs. what is that, that is insane.ns joe, thank you for joining us and for watching all that stuff. a pastor says president trump's new budget is not simply bad policy, it's a plot to destroy low income citizens. he will be here to explain that theory in more detail. timates hs pro-skin technology designed to quickly wick away moisture to help maintain your skin's natural balance. for a free sample, call 1-877-get-tena. working my canister off to clean and shine and give proven protection against fading and aging. he won't use those copycat wipes. hi...doing anything later? ooh, the quiet type. i like that. armor all original protectant. it's easy to look good.
8:26 pm
8:27 pm
8:28 pm
so she only earns double miles on purchasesit card. she makes from that airline. what'd you earn double miles on, please? ugh. that's unfortunate. there's a better option. the capital one venture card. with venture, you earn unlimited double miles on every purchase, everywhere, every day. not just airline purchases. seems like a no-brainer. what's in your wallet?
8:29 pm
>> tucker: bishop dwayne royster is a political activist and a self-described social change agent and agitator. at a recent rally he said thatat president trump's recently released budget proposal is a plot for "ethnic cleansing." watch. >> this budget, if i can be honest with you, it's an attempt to implement ethnic cleansing in this nation from people of color, also, for whom thee services being caught will be impacted the most. president trump is a surrogate,u using dog whistle language to speak about race in negative ways and create fear in the hearts of americans. here is their reality. many poor black families and brown families and asian families and indigenous families will be devastated by this budget. f we say to donald trump, hands off our families, hands off our health care, hands off our budget, hands off! >> tucker: bishop royster joins us in the studio. thanks for coming on. i was really offended that you said that. here is why. you can disagree with the policies, i may disagree with
8:30 pm
the policies. but you were claiming you knew the motive when you don't. you are using your office, which is as a clergymen, that commands respect by definition, to scare the hell out of people on the basis of something you don't know is true. that is the definition of demagoguery. >> tucker, thanks for having me on. i appreciate the opportunity to come here and share and talk about what happened. i think what we found in this particular budget that donald trump is presenting to america is offensive. i find that the budget that he has presented to us, to the american people, to be absolutely abysmal.i i found the budget that he presented to america to be an absolute sin. notjudgment of a nation is based on its military might, it's not based on how well its borders is, it's based on how it takes care of its lost, and the struggling. based on the budget that donald trump resented last week, he has contempt for people of color, he has contempt for people who are poor, he has got contempt for people who struggle deeply, he has got a good timeme
8:31 pm
-- contempt for anybody who doesn't look like him. >> tucker: i don't want to be in the position of defending a budget that i don't like in a lot of ways. but it's outrageous for you toto say that he has contempt when you don't know that. it's unknowable. we can evaluate whether the policies work, whether agree with them. we can't evaluate what he thinks because we don't know. you cast this in racial terms. >> it is racial. >> tucker: how was it racial? doesn't it affect poor white people too? how is it racial? >> if we could go back and look at donald trump as a candidate up through the actions he has made in the beginning of his presidency, the actions that he has taken are very much racially motivated, very much motivated by faith, very much motivated by trying to make america bright -- make america white again, nt just make america great again. >> tucker: how the hell do you look at this budget and say ethnic cleansing? >> we are talking about taking 1.4 trillion out of medicaid, making it so that people who struggle the deepest in the country are not going to be able to get the health care that they need. we are talking about -- t let me finish. they are talking about taking $200 billion away from snap
8:32 pm
benefits, helping feed people in this country. we are talking about -- >> tucker: how is that --- slowdown. i am asking something very specific. why is it ethnic? life expectancy is not in decline for black people. it is in decline for white americans. how is this specifically racial? >> this is racial. the dog whistle language that donald trump and his surrogates used while they were on the campaign trail is the kind of like what are they are try to get this budget passed. w they try to cut these programs. they are using dog whistle language that goes back to nixon and when he was using the strategies -- >> tucker: i want to have a fact-based conversation. >> this is a fact based conversation. if you look at programs that are being cut -- the poor white folks out there are being sold a bill of lies. >> tucker: you are trying to overwhelm me with the force of your voice. i want to throw some numbers at you. under the eight years of the obama administration, the black
8:33 pm
labor force dropped, black home ownership down 9%. black americans below the poverty line, et cetera, et cetera. real median income for black families down. gun deaths up, number of black executives dropped 50%, you can look at that data set and say that is ethnic cleansing. that would be insane. >> first of all, the reason that those things happen had nothing to do with barack obama's leadership, but had to do with the final year of george bush's leadership when we fell into a recession. >> tucker: can i ask you something? i know where this argument -- you'll defend anything. you'll defend anything. >> let me tell you why match. >> tucker: will you stop saying things that are irresponsible, like the term ethnic cleansing, because you are scaring the hell out of people and making it impossible to have a rational conversation? >> i'm not. i'm not going to do it until we
8:34 pm
get a reasonable budget that's not targeting people who suffer theer deepest. not creating a budget that puts profits over people. >> tucker: rather than getting to motive, why don't you say, look, the snap program for example, which you support, and i think it is fair to say, we shouldn't cut this and here's why. instead of making gross generalizations about people's ethnicity and skin color, and evoking the shared memories of persecution, which you are doing on purpose, say, look --bo >> this is persecution. poor folk will be persecuted. we are cutting the legal services, so people can't have a legal defense -- >> tucker: you are so overstating it. here's why i think you are a bad representative for your faith. >> you don't know anything about my faith. >> tucker: i am saying this. a prerequisite of decency is to assume until proved otherwise goodwill on the part of people who disagree. the people who are reasonable and decent can have a different view and they are still -- you don't seem to entertain that
8:35 pm
possibility. >> i did not attack donald trump, i attacked his policy. this policy is about ethnic cleansing, along with the muslim ban, what he did at standing rock with the executive orders, letting oil pipelines come through indigenous communities, the white communities in the same area didn't want them -- >> tucker: this is insane. there are plenty of indian reservations that have pipelines through them. are they complicit in ethnic cleansing? >> if there are indigenous -- i was at standing rock. there are indigenous folk who said that they we don't want this coming through our land because we are concerned about a poisoning or water, then, they have every right to do that. >> tucker: that's fair but it doesn't mean -- >> to listen to them and not break treaties. >> tucker: it's a fair point. but what it doesn't mean, and what you need to admit itt doesn't mean, i said anyone who disagrees is against indians. it doesn't mean that. it's not the same as racism to disagree with someone. >> let me deplane.
8:36 pm
i am reminded of john f. kennedy, ronald reagan, barack obama, talking about america being a city on a hill. i heard martin luther king talk about the beloved community. he talked about a beloved community where we battled against racism and militarism and materialism and we created a community where people didn't see diversity is something that is evil, but instead, something to be celebrated, something that we can learn from one another,si something that we can use -- >> tucker: get to the point. >> my point is that this budget goes contrary to the beloved community. >> tucker: you are making another silly generalization. this is an adult world -- you don't have any specific facts. >> if you made $30,000 a year with a family of four and you're trying to survive and you discover your medical assistance and food stamps are getting ready to get cut. >> tucker: that is a totally fair point. what is unfair is to call anyone who disagrees with you a racist. that is what you are doing. >> i said it was about ethnic cleansing, yes.
8:37 pm
>> tucker: you don't want to show weakness and apologize. it's not prophetic. you ought to bring people together. don't quote the bible in my presence. >> i am a preacher. this is what i do. >> tucker: not here. >> matthew 25 -- >> tucker: i want to have a conversation about adult things. >> you said -- are you criticizing my faith in saying it is not adult? you, sir -- he ought to be ashamed. >> tucker: we got to go. the center for medical progress has another shocking video showing the attitudes towards abortion.he a california judge ordering them to suppress the hate. -- the tape. antiabortion campaigneram lila rose will be here to talk about it next.
8:38 pm
8:39 pm
8:40 pm
8:41 pm
>> tucker: the center for medical progress is back. the pro-life group just released an undercover video which shows attendees at the national abortion federation convention sharing their frank thoughts about abortion. it's not like the
8:42 pm
rhetoric you hear in public. it's raw and it's what they really think. a one point, at planned parenthood employee says "the fetus is a tough object, taking it apart, i mean, taking it apart on day one is veryy difficult." elsewhere, a member of the consortium of abortion providers says this, "an eyeball just fell down onto my lap and that is gross." the comment gets laughter from her audience. that is how grotesque it is. we would love to show you thece video but we can't because of a man called william orrick, a federal district judge.ntribuo democrats and he is ordered that the video would be suppressed, saying that the first amendment doesn't exist. it violates a gag order that he plays on the center for medical progress in 2013. i it's an atrocity. it's gotten little attention. we are proud to bring this to you tonight and bring you lila rose, she is the founder and president of live action, an antiabortion group. lila, thanks for joining us. it is the allegation that -- the only way that it will be legitimate to keep something
8:43 pm
under wraps like this video is to show that they are not real. is there any evidence that these videos are not real? >> i think precisely because they are real is why there are so much opposition. this is the national abortion federation and planned parenthood's own trade show. they get together and i talk about what they do every day. planned parenthood commits 900 abortions every day in this country. that is 900 little boys and girls killed by abortion by planned parenthood every day. so, the fact that they called, they ask judge for the injunction, the fact that they so badly want these tapes to be kept quiet, points to -- shows us that they are very afraid of what is on these tapes. the callous laughter about the abortion procedure, about tearing apart a child's legs, taking the legs, around the navel, when they are delivering a child, that discussion by planned parenthood, an abortionist, on the tape. d the discussion of the headha getting stuck in the cervix and
8:44 pm
complaining about the abortion procedure. i mean, horrific. so difficult to hear. this is exactly with the public should hear, tucker. planned parenthood, the very abortionists that are laughing about what they are doing on these tapes, are receivingng a half a billion dollars every single year from taxpayers. >> tucker: so, this is very far from the soothing rhetoric of "choice," your body and all that stuff. these are people who are acknowledging what they are doing, which is taking human life. here's my question. because no one contests that these tapes are real, how in the world, in what country could a judge unilaterally decide that you are not allowed to show them? in effect, prevent us from showing them tonight. how could judge william orrick do that and get away with that? >> it appears that it is not just -- you are not the only one not showing it, tucker. youtube took it down over the weekend. twitter just yesterday sent me a notice. we had it up on my feed, on my twitter feed, we took it down. it appears that social media companies as well, are fulfilling the order.
8:45 pm
i mean, this just goes to showia that there is a chilling effect right now on journalism that is the opposing piece of viewpoint on abortion. if you don't agree with abortion, if you want to expose what abortion is, and actually use their own words of abortionists, you are going to have to tangle with courts, you are going to have to tangle with attorney generals, like in california you, you are going to have to tangle with social media executives who don't want their stuff on channels, youtube, twitter. >> tucker: i am not advocating for this because i don't think i can in my role as the host of the show, but if there was ever a time for civil disobedience, it seems like some might think this would be the time because you have an absolute right to say what you think is true and to present evidence that is true. is there any place for people who are interested to find these videos? >> right now, i mean, again, it was taken off of my twitter feed. we had put it up after it was released last week. keep in mind, this is on the public record. this was put on the public record when attorney general and
8:46 pm
california decided to prosecute david deleiden w and sandra merritt, the tapes were entered into the public record and the courts. so the public deserves to see it. this is a live prosecution happening in california. the public deserves to know. this is a corporation, planned parenthood is a corporation, and they are the ones on many of these tapes, that's receiving a half a billion taxpayer dollars every year. they are claiming to do it in the name of women's health and yet, their own annual report which just came out this weekend, shows that their cancer screenings are declining, prenatal care was cut in half, their abortion numbers are going up, their tax money is going up. taxpayers deserve to know this. the whole country deserves to know this. >> tucker: that's exactly right. what it really looks like. t don't avert your gaze. face it. lila, thank you. >> thank you, tucker. >> tucker: tiger woods just got arrested which is bad enough.
8:47 pm
but now espn is accused of photo shopping his mug shot. did they do that? why did they do that? our "top that" panel up next. constipated? trust #1 doctor recommended dulcolax. use dulcolax tablets for gentle dependable relief. suppositories for relief in minutes. and dulcoease for comfortable relief of hard stools. dulcolax. designed for dependable relief. bp uses flir cameras - a new thermal imagining technology - to inspect difficult-to-reach pipelines, so we can detect leaks before humans can see them. because safety is never being satisfied. and always working to be better.
8:48 pm
8:49 pm
8:50 pm
8:51 pm
>> tucker: time now for "top that." what do you do with a news environment like this with so much stuff going on? of course you rank it according to the craziest story of the day.ne gillian turner enjoins us. kristen soltis anderson is a pollster and a columnist at the "washington examiner" ." >> if you want to sleep last night before midnight, you may have woken up to discover the news that donald trump tweeted with a typo. yet, this has dominated much of the news coverage for the day. donald trump last night tweeted that he was frustrated about news coverage but misspellinghe the word "coverage" toth
8:52 pm
"covfefe." by the time i woke up this morning and turned into theng news, "covfefe" was trending on twitter. i throughout most of the day, there were some serious news outlets, wondering what that was the mystery.th was it some kind of secret to trump's administration, a policy codeword, what does this mean? there was a youtube star in singapore who claims she has already had the word tattooed on her arm. very bizarre.s >> tucker: it's a hungarian term, someone was telling me. is that how you pronounce it? >> actually, the ap came up with a style guide pronunciation. i believe, before i came on, i wanted to do my homework, "covfefe" was the translation of the tweet. >> tucker: [laughs] i don't even know. >> the merriam-webster urbanan dictionary, they have an urbanon version of their dictionary for slang terms, they already added it. it took like an hour. >> tucker: "covfefe.", >> i believe you are safe doingt that.
8:53 pm
>> so, no one knows more about golf than me, obviously. so, i'm bringing you a story about tiger woods tonight.no you may have heard that he got arrested on monday, very tragic situation where he was found slumped over the wheel of his car a few miles away from his home in jupiter, florida. police pulled him out of the car, he wasn't really able to walk. but he passed a breathalyzer test, interestingly enough. he is claiming that he was under the influence of prescription medication.ug so, we feel terrible for tiger. we hope that he recovers and gets well. but what i am here to talk about is the fact that there were two very different mugshotswh circulated on television and online. you can see them right there. pull them up. the one on the left was brought to you by the palm beach county sheriff's department. he looks not amazing. >> tucker: sub amazing. >> sub amazing. on the right, also sub amazing, but much better. turns out, the ones on the right was actually photoshopped, doctored up by espn.
8:54 pm
they have had to issue ann apology and retracted it and they are now airing the better -- the more realistic version. if they are claiming, i think we got the quote from them, who want to pull it up. they are claiming that they didn't intentionally photoshop it, all they did was, to make it look better come all they did was formatted to fit their template for athlete head shots. >> tucker: honestly, that is something they do in our makeup room here. let me just say -- i look much more "covfefe" than i did now. i'm sorry, i love that. "covfefe" wins. >> i understand.d. >> tucker: "covfefe." great to see you. we'll be right back.mm try new a strength heartburn relief chews. it's fast, powerful relief with no chalky taste. [ sings high note ] ultra strength, new from alka-seltzer. enjoy the relief. think 'good things introducing the outback'
8:55 pm
aussie 4! soup and salad. center-cut sirloin and dessert. a four course meal, starting at just $14.99. the outback aussie four course is a big win... but, hurry in! it's not 4 ever.
8:56 pm
8:57 pm
8:58 pm
[ sighs ] hey, i was using that. what, you think we own stock in the electric company? i will turn this car around right now! there's nobody back there. i was becoming my father. [ clears throat ] it's...been an adjustment, but we're making it work. you know, progressive.com makes it easy for us to get the right home insurance. [ snoring ] progressive can't protect you from becoming your parents, but we can protect your home and auto. [ chuckles ] all right. >> tucker: sad news from the world of journalism tonight. "the new york times" has announced it is denouncing its position of publishing editor. she monitored the ethics of that
8:59 pm
newspaper. like almost everyone at "the new york times," liz spayd was a liberal -- but she believed in honesty, and the free exchange of ideas. during this moment of total stifling conformity, she was unafraid. she said what she thought was true. including on this show. we confronted her with the evidence of a political bias. watch. >> i see the vast majority of journalists who walk in that door every day, who work hard to have high journalistic standards. the kind i agree with. but i do agree with you, that especially when it comes to political coverage, the guns can get pointed too much in one direction. >> tucker: yeah, that's true. she told the truth. she told it just like you are supposed to tell it in journalism. and now she's fired. not surprising, still
9:00 pm
depressing. liz spayd. tune in every night at 8:00 for the show that is the sworn enemy of lying, pomposity, smugness, and groupthink. have a great night. here's "the five." ♪ >> jesse: hey, everybody i am jesse watters. here with kimberly guilfoyle, greg gutfeld, juan williams and dana perino. it is 9:00 in new york city andd this is "the five." breaking news, kathy griffin won't be attending the same new year's eve party this year. cnn today fired ms. griffin. as coanchor of of its new year's eve coverage. for posing with a mask designed to look like the severed head of president trump.p.k viewer warning, some may find this photo disturbing. and there it is. disgusting. president trump reacted onhe twitter, writing...

44 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on