Skip to main content

tv   The Fox News Specialists  FOX News  June 28, 2017 2:00pm-3:01pm PDT

2:00 pm
>> i am kat timpf with eric bolling and eboni q williams. we are "the fox news specialists" ." a new deadline for senate republicans health care bill after delaying the vote yesterday. senate majority leader mitch mcconnell is pushing to get a new health care deal in place friday. after nine republican senators have expressed opposition to the original legislation. president trump sounded optimistic. >> we are working very hard, giving ourselves more time to make it perfect. that's what we want to do. i think best took out this has
2:01 pm
chance to be a great health care. we get rid of mandates. we get rid of so much, a lot of the taxes. all the bad parts of obamacare are gone. it's essentially repeal and replace. i look forward to working with republican senators. >> kat: what they are doing is tough. you had so many extra things, the prices are going to go up for you can't deny that. >> eric: i love the first line line. the deadline was approaching friday because of it later mitch mcconnell put a deadline on it. think about what that means. it's 16 of the american economy, over a trillion dollars per year at stake, and the leader of the senate who doesn't have the votes to pass it now is putting a two day deadline on fixing something so important. they really need to take time. put it aside for a while and get onto other things. tax reform, infrastructure.
2:02 pm
hit health care later. >> eboni: i wish they would listen to you, eric. two more days. i don't know how you're going to get very far right parts of the g.o.p. and moderate parts that have their own issues anywhere close to it. >> kat: my prediction is you're not. >> eric: i would bet on that too. >> kat: let's meet today's specialists. he's a former college football player, 20 year wall street veteran and a member of the trump hispanic advisory council that specializes in defending president trump against the mainstream media. steve cortes is here. he's a former police officer, hollywood writer, and former fbi counterterrorism agent. he specializes in ending the careers of criminals. tim clemente is here. health care. i feel like we are talking about this forever. i feel like they should've had something something by now.
2:03 pm
>> should have and have to. the american people gave a mandate to the republican party by giving them both houses of congress and the white house. they gave the kids the keys to the car. the car has to get out of the garage and it's got to get in gear. if it doesn't, i think the consequences in 2018 for the republican party will be dire, and they should be. >> eric: more dire if they do push it through. >> kat: are they going to find the answers inside a hot dog at a barbecue? >> eric: let's address the politics. let's say they take this deadline, make a backdoor deal and they get the votes to pass trumpcare health care. this isn't trumpcare. this has nothing to do with donald trump. they get the votes. through 2018, premiums are rising. now the democrats are tattooing the republicans with the terrible health care problem. they own the problem as democrats. let them have it through the midterms. >> eboni: you are right.
2:04 pm
technically president trump prp doesn't have anything to do with it but he has the label. it will be trumpcare all day long. >> eric: keep it obamacare until you get through the midterms. >> in some respects, trump doesn't own this because the republicans have been talking about repealing and replacing obamacare. however, having said that, the holy grail of the trump movement is not health care. it's taxes. health care is going to get make it -- make it easier to get that tax cuts. if we get the tax cuts, and we will, and this economy starts to truly growing again. enough of this mediocrity. even if the health care bill isn't perfect, i believe 2018 and beyond the american people are going to be so refreshed and invigorated and believing in the trump movement. >> eric: you can do tax care reform without health care. >> we can't make it permanent. >> eboni: yes, we can.
2:05 pm
>> kat: i feel like it doesn't have to be perfect but this is a lot of the same problems and if this falls apart, we are going to have single-payer. >> the analogy, giving the keys to the car to the kids. it is like ferris bueller's day off right now. it's not so much the administration with the leadership on the hill is now pushing for what they said was going to be their signature thing once they have the house, the senate, and the white house. they are totally disjointed between the two sides of the house. republican leadership either needs to wake up and realize with the american people did put donald trump in the white house to do and allow him to take part in the process. >> eric: 100% accurate. look at the house bill and senate bill. they are leadership generated bills, not the general population of either body of congress. >> i think in many ways this is the swamp at its worst. somebody should write a book about the swamp.
2:06 pm
anybody? i believe a lot of republicans won't say this publicly but privately they are okay with the status quo, okay with the tax codes. they are okay with health care. they really are. on the hill. i am saying i don't think they still quite understand the electoral revolution that happened in the country. the angst, the anger. opportunity on the upside of what we can do in this country if we start growing again the way we did in the ' 80s and '90s. i am confident we can get there. >> eboni: perhaps there is still resentment that you put the republicans on that stage. the one they didn't come from their fabric is the one that prevailed. from an outsider looking into the party, maybe there is still resentment or something or lack of understanding. >> absolutely. because he's an outsider. donald trump is not a politician and he's president because he's
2:07 pm
not a politician. that is a clear fact everybody can agree on. on the hill, those people who are part of the swamp are also part of the country club. you have a guy who came in the country club over the wall, over the fence. >> kat: i don't think the people opposed to the health care bill specifically are opposed because they resent trump. i think they are little more strict in terms of being small government conservatives. i think their records dictate that's what it's about. >> eboni: except for the ones -- >> kat: in some cases, people who have become more liberal. it's got nothing to do with a personal vendetta. >> eric: trying to appease the moderates. can we take it around. let's play politics for 5 minutes. let's say the put the health care bill agenda strategy aside. then they pushed through, and it's important because they pushed through tax reform which
2:08 pm
the republicans love but tiant infrastructure which the democrats love. now you have two major plans that could go forward. health care doesn't happen -- you have both sides of congress thing we have a win. >> it's a major win in both ways. the two things you're talking about, the economy and the infrastructure are things donald trump is saying are related because he wants private investment in infrastructure. if you allow tax cuts that allow more people to have more cash freed up, then those people, especially ones who can afford it, are the ones that can and will. >> eboni: you are talking about putting points on the board. >> eric: we are talking a pick six. a >> eboni: instead of that i think people are thinking the political payoff for finally repealing and replacing. that's been the establishment and the party's big promise but you are right, it is different
2:09 pm
from donald trump's big promise. >> eric: how is that not a win for everyone? >> if this doesn't happen quickly, i think that will be the plan of the white house. i don't know that but i think it should be. i would say it's so important, the lack of growth underlies so many problems facing the country. the division we have, the anxiety in the country, opioid abuse, so many things are from a lack of growth, lack of opportunity. what will induce growth and compel growth? tax cuts. >> kat: i will never understand why they didn't start there instead of going with health care when they don't even know what they want to do with it. >> eboni: political seduction. >> kat: isn't making them look very good politically now. >> eric: paul ryan guaranteed, went to the white house and said i have health care. we are ready to vote on health care. they are on board, it in favor of a. and he was wrong. he put the presidency in the
2:10 pm
crosshairs for the democrats. he's the reason they started there. >> kat: they have no idea what they are doing and when you talk about vote now centering around the vote, got to get it out before vacation. it's disgusting. got to get this out because this is so good that we needed. that is not what i'm hearing. i am here lately got to get this out because i have to go to a barbecue. >> they don't deserve a break, they don't deserve a trip to the beach. if you don't get these things done, no vacation. who takes august off? what are we, europeans? the congress, and if the leadership has any real backbone and they care with the people said, the leadership will say no break. it will be like a high school walking. >> kat: when they were trying to get votes, they were saying it's so important. but not as important as my cheeseburger and fireworks.
2:11 pm
it is so disingenuous. >> eboni: i think they expected people to fall in the party line and people would rally around it in a cohesive way and it's not happening. people are looking at their constituents and saying i'm going to be accountable and i'm going to be the one to pay a price and they're not going for it. >> eric: can i give you another theory? the leadership on both sides, house and senate, our establishment, old-school republicans that have been there forever. who are the anti-trumper's? old-school establishment republicans. i wouldn't put it past them to say -- >> eboni: you think this is sabotage? p3 it's a lack of leadership. >> james mattis at dod, the leadership he provides. he comes out and says things and the military backs him up. there is nobody who counters what james mattis says. up and down the chain of command. that is leadership. you don't have that behind ryan, behind mitch mcconnell.
2:12 pm
>> is a lifelong republican, i hate to say this. i think they are okay secretly with the status quo. before we work ourselves into too much negativity, i do believe it's going to get done. through trump's leadership, it's ugly to watch the process day by day. it's ugly and inefficient. it is supposed to be to some degree in a democracy. we are going to get there. we are going to get health care and tax cuts. >> kat: house set to vote on two bills to crackdown on illegal immigration. will kate's law and defunding sanctuary cities come to pass? we will be back with that. this is a story about mail and packages.
2:13 pm
and it's also a story about people and while we make more e-commerce deliveries to homes than anyone else in the country, we never forget... that your business is our business the united states postal service. priority: you
2:14 pm
w sleep number 360 smart bed. it senses your every move and automatically adjusts on both sides. right now save on sleep number 360 smart beds. plus, it's the lowest prices of the season with savings of $500 on our most popular p5 bed. ends saturday. where are mom and dad? 'saved money on motorcycle insurance with geico! goin' up the country. love mom and dad'
2:15 pm
i'm takin' a nap. dude, you just woke up! ♪ ♪ i'm goin' up the country, baby don't you wanna go? ♪ ♪ i'm goin' up the country, baby don't you wanna go? ♪ geico motorcycle, great rates for great rides.
2:16 pm
>> eboni: house republicans are expected to follow through on promises to crackdown on undocumented immigrants. two major pieces of legislation. kate's law and a bill defunding sanctuary cities. both bills have received strong support from president trump. >> i am especially honored to be here with so many courageous
2:17 pm
families whom i did get to know so well over the past period of time. you lost the people you love because our government refused to enforce our nation's immigration laws. that is even the insisting immigration laws. for years, pundits, journalists, politicians refused to hear your voices but on election day 2016, your voices were heard all across the entire world. right? you better believe it. nobody died in vain, i can tell you. >> eboni: he has to start this this way. we all know about the tragedy of kate steinle being killed by an undocumented, 7-time felon. on this issue, kate's law, you
2:18 pm
have a democratic congressman saying that kate's law is complicated and i encourage everyone to look at it. resist, resist, resist will not work. this is humanizing the issue and away we haven't seen before. >> eric: if you have been deported, you commit a crime, you've been deported, you come back and get caught, mandatory five years in jail. that is a deterrent i think we can wrap our brains around. as a democrat, do you vote against something like that? >> i don't think many of them can. the human nature of this. this is not just policy. this is on the ground. everyone knows that narrative of the crime. what about the families broken apart because someone killed their loved one who shouldn't have been hearing the first place. >> unfortunately broken apart for good.
2:19 pm
i care a lot about this story. i spoke about it during the campaign. this is another irony, the left tries to paint donald trump because of his assault on sanctuary cities and crackdown on illegal aliens as though he is somehow anti-hispanic. the victims are often hispanic. another terrible case in california is a woman, a legal immigrant, wife, mother. killed by someone who had been deported five times. >> in the washington, d.c., are area, 17-year-old muslim girl during ramadan, goes to break the fast with friends. walking and biking when an illegal immigrant with a baseball that, and stop beating her, molesting her, and dumping her body. this family. ramadan has ended.
2:20 pm
this poor family has suffering they are suffering. >> kat: i would like to see -- none of these are things that can be argued against. i would like to see where the funding will come from. there's a huge amount of federal resources going toward people who are deported and reinterpret only a small percentage are prosecuted. they don't have the resources. in terms of five years not being enough, i'm not sure. you get kicked out, your family is still there. five years might be worth the risk to you. i have questions about how this will look implemented, i have no qualms about wanting to punish people come here illegally and commit a crime. i don't have any sympathy for you. it's not that hard to not go to jail. i have managed to never do it, and i have a very good time. >> the good news is that since taking office, mostly through rhetoric, donald trump has largely secured our border. i.c.e. tells us illegal crossings are down 70% year over
2:21 pm
year can you imagine -- we are talking about repeat criminals. i am talking about violent criminals. >> eboni: i agree. this is where i think some of these dueling narratives come into play. i've been very consistent. you are a violent criminal, you have no place in our american fabric. those people whose only crime is coming here illegally, and it is still a crime, i think there's something to be said for prioritizing. i want to ask you about the other legislation that is proposed. sanctuary cities. a lot of people have mixed feelings about it. not as clear-cut as kate's law. some people say an unintended consequence of this sanctuary city issue is people will not report violent crime or other crime as much because they are nervous about being deported if they do. your answer. >> eric: i am probably towards
2:22 pm
the left of most conservatives. on this, here's the thing, there is not that much funding for currently sanctuary cities. they are earmarking small dollar amounts that we end up paying sanctuary municipality cities for holding criminals, for the process. you want to go hard-core. pullback highway funding, all or types of federal funding. >> i hate the term. sanctuary for the criminal? not the criminal. rahm emanuel spends more time talking about sanctuary cities that he does solving the real violence issues. >> eboni: only conveniently a sanctuary city. >> hispanics, this is interesting. a poll, twice as many legal hispanics think our immigration enforcement issue is too lax as of compared to --
2:23 pm
>> eboni: straight ahead, sarah and sarah palin with a lt over a botched editorial.
2:24 pm
getting heartburn doesn't mean i take a break... means i take rolaids®. rolaids® goes to work instantly neutralizing 44% more acid than tums® for fast, powerful relief of your worst heartburn. i trust my rolaids®. r-o-l-a-i-d-s spells relief.
2:25 pm
you give us comfort. and we give you bare feet... i love you, couch. ...backsweat and gordo's everything. i love you, but sometimes you stink. ♪ new febreze fabric refresher with odorclear technology... ...cleans away odors like never before. because the things you love the most can stink. and plug in febreze to keep your whole room fresh for up...
2:26 pm
...to 45 days. breathe happy with new febreze.
2:27 pm
>> eric: this young man just showed up with a poster. how cool is that? so happy for that guy. that's cool. sarah palin taking on "the new york times," hitting the paper with a defamation lawsuit. it had published an editorial falsely linking her to the 2011 shooting of then congresswoman gabby giffords. times editorial came after this month's shooting of steve scalise. can governor palin prove the
2:28 pm
times intentionally published false information? defamation is a false statement that damages someone's good name and reputation. an editorial is opinion. god save us if we are going to start holding opinions at that level. >> eboni: brilliant analysis. retraction, they called themselves out at some point because they knew she hadn't done this when they said that. they put in the retraction. i think illegally this would be difficult for her. i expect a settlement of some sort and they should go away. >> eric: what do you think, kat? >> kat: i feel like you have to have a special kind of mental defect to sit down and write a piece about shooting a republican congressional leader and have it turn out to be a smear piece about sarah palin. how does that happen? if you are going to publish something that serious, an accusation, try a google first. make sure you are right.
2:29 pm
>> it is the laziness, not just that the left has a trump derangement or an anti-wright derangement. a simple google would have shown them this is not the case. >> eric: do you remember the 2011 piece? it blew up right away. it was during a campaign and what sarah palin did was she put house seats that were available to republicans they could won and put a circle. looked like a target, i will be honest. why wouldn't you target a district? >> targeting districts for the republicans and that is different than putting a crosshair on gabby giffords. the problem with the story is, exactly what eboni just said. they knew it was not true and they published it. unfortunately that's what sarah palin would have to prove in court in order to win a defamation suit like this because their intent is what matters. the effect isn't what matters. it's the intent. >> eboni: exactly right. i think their intent, the fact
2:30 pm
that they did put the retraction is, it was the editorial page, as eric points out. i don't think this is a slam dunk case for her. i think "the new york times"'s credibility has been damage so tremendously for the past 18 months, and this doesn't help. >> i think that's more important. she probably doesn't win legally. i think we are making a point of the american people that when trump says fake news, he's not lying. this has been a good week for trump in that regard. between this lawsuit, cnn, this wasn't paranoia on trump's part. there is fake news out there and there is such antagonism and laziness in the mainstream media that they will go to almost any means, even disingenuous ones to try to make the president and his allies look bad. >> eric: can you throw up the bernie stein. in the meantime, kat, let's give "the new york times" -- let's do this. take a listen to this.
2:31 pm
>> my wife is about the most honest person i know. it's a sad state of affairs in america, not only when we have politicians being destroyed, when there are attacks against elected officials but when you go after people's wives, that's pretty pathetic. >> eric: she is alleged to have done something wrong. >> kat: that's a completely different thing. completely different. they are investigating something. i don't know if it's true. it is different than randomly insulting someone >> eric: they are not making fun of her calling out some physical thing about her. they are saying she's under investigation for doing something wrong. >> this happens. there are stories about the fbi, andrew mccabe, his wife haven't gotten funds from the governor of virginia who was a big clinton ally.
2:32 pm
he's been responsible for the investigation. >> kat: >> eboni: we have to ver spouses more carefully. >> i think the bigger point is the hypocrisy of bernie sanders. if his wife did what they are alleging, it shows they are pretty darn greedy. for people who say they don't care about money. he has three homes, has made a ton of money off book sales. why is he not speaking out against the dnc now that he has full knowledge that they colluded in every single way against him. how are he and his supporters not irate over that? >> eric: we only have a couple seconds. why did bernie sanders' wife sign for the loan they were going to use other than to shield him? >> eboni: that's exactly why. she wanted to assume the liability. >> kat: who doesn't love money?
2:33 pm
>> eric: except the socialists. >> socialism only works academically. >> he likes your money. >> eric: commander of the u.s. forces in the pacific delivering an ominous warning over isis and its campaign to establish beachheads in east asia. don't go away. beyond is a natural pet food
2:34 pm
that goes beyond assuming ingredients are safe... to knowing they are. going beyond expectations... because our pets deserve it. beyond. natural pet food.
2:35 pm
2:36 pm
it's ok that everybody ignoit's fine.n i drive. because i get a safe driving bonus check every six months i'm accident free. because i don't use my cellphone when i'm driving. even though my family does, and leaves me all alone. here's something else... i don't share it with mom. i don't. right, mom? i have a brand new putter you don't even know about!
2:37 pm
it's awesome. safe driving bonus checks, only from allstate. sometimes i leave the seat up on purpose. switching to allstate is worth it. >> eboni: welcome back to "the fox news specialists." our specialists are steve cortes and tim clemente. we will continue the conversation. admiral harry harris, commander of u.s. forces in the pacific, sounding the alarm about isis's campaign to seize new territory. the admiral warning isis is aggressively trying to establish fresh beachheads across asia.
2:38 pm
isis linked militants in the philippines should be a wake-up call for the entire region. we have been seeing this. we see isis being pushed out in some places only to pop up here in south asia. >> eric: let me take a little different tack. that sounded horrible. it's actually good news for the united states that isis is saying we are looking to asia, looking to expand into areas we haven't been before. instead of saying we are focusing -- remember a year ago they were saying we are going to infiltrate the refugee program in the united states, kill westerners, kill americans. it's a different tack for them. maybe, maybe they are seeing some initiatives trump is establishing as a deterrent for them trying to waste the resources here. >> kat: or they want to go to that area and come over there from here because they're not covered by the travel ban. >> i don't think they are stopping what they are doing initially.
2:39 pm
the problem is that it's an ideology. it's a disease that can be spread. it's airborne, can be spread through the internet and it's a disease you cannot stop. there is no cure for it. no known cure now and the problem is there beachheads in east asia. we have beachheads in east asia so they will be infiltrating into american commerce through those beachheads in east asia and that's terrifying. >> kat: >> eboni: the social med digital possibilities for this growing anywhere in the world remains prevalent. >> to your point, why have to try to do, it's a long process, is defeat them ideologically. not just on the battlefield. that's important too. protecting citizens, things like the travel ban. not a muslim ban. >> eboni: not even when the resident called it a muslim ban? was it spicer?
2:40 pm
>> it was proposed and never enacted. i think it's important that the philippines is in the story. the president took a lot of heat for supposedly having a a friey phone call with their leader. you know who was more reprehensible? isis. they are beheading people. worse things you can imagine. we can occasionally partner with a bad guy to beat a worse guy. >> eric: it wasn't that he was cohort taking with duterte. >> there is always competing interests. at times, we can ally ourselves with someone who we may not love, but who can serve a purpose. >> eboni: point taken. i want to get to this. defense secretary james mattis
2:41 pm
is claiming a u.s. threat to syria's bashar al-assad has worked. according to the u.s., regime was appearing ready to conduct a chemical weapons attack. mattis is telling reporters the syrian government didn't do it. it appears they took the threat seriously. it's almost as if the wording alone. he >> eric: that is optimistic and i love the idea that the day after the warning was given they are declaring it all clear. >> eboni: they said don't do it and they didn't do it. >> eric: i hope they are smart enough not to do it. this is one of those things where i say not our fight. >> it may not be our fight but when you have a clear line in the sand to be erased and you do nothing, i think the clear difference here, james mattis speaks and people believe what he does. >> i love that rhetoric seems to
2:42 pm
matter with rhetoric in the administration, i would compare it to the southern border. he has largely secured the border. >> eboni: doesn't that mean we don't need the wall? the border is so secure. >> eric: still 30%. only a 70% reduction. >> kat: the result of those 59 missiles which i'm not really cool with. that was an act of war they didn't get congressional approval. >> eboni: the president with this interview, saying he's not going to put a redline and then not cross it. but i do feel we have seen the president say pretty definitively he's not going to sit idly by while assad kills and gases his own people. >> kat: has to stop by congress and have them talk about it and vote on it because that's the way the constitution works. >> are a clear interest in that
2:43 pm
region and syria in particular is that we do not want a vacuum created, another vacuum like happened in iraq and allowed isis to grow. >> eric: what is wrong with a syria run by bashar al-assad and a russia that stops bashar al-assad from killing his own people? if you have peace in syria run by assad with russia as an ally. >> it is great for america to want influence in the region and in the country but it's not wrong for other countries to be more influential there, and i agree with you. if it can be stabilized and the people they are protected from violence from their own government and outside forces like isis which comes from everywhere. so be it. >> eboni: do you think russia is going to do that? >> eric: i would hope so. >> eboni: up next, time to wake up, america. eric bolling fired up over new reports over the obama administration handling of the russian hacking threat.
2:44 pm
liberty mutual stood with us when a fire destroyed everything in our living room. we replaced it all without touching our savings. yeah, our insurance won't do that. no. you can leave worry behind when liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance. you're searching for something. like the perfect deal... ...on the perfect hotel. so wouldn't it be perfect if there was a single site where you could find the right hotel for you at the best price? there is. because tripadvisor now compares prices from over 200 booking sites...
2:45 pm
...to save you up to 30%... ...on the hotel you want. trust this bird's words. tripadvisor. the latest reviews. the lowest prices. this is a story about mail and packages. and it's also a story about people. people who rely on us every day to deliver their dreams they're handing us more than mail they're handing us their business and while we make more e-commerce deliveries to homes than anyone else in the country, we never forget... that your business is our business the united states postal service. priority: you ♪
2:46 pm
2:47 pm
>> eric: time to wake up, america. russia, russia, russia. list sent to democrats long
2:48 pm
enough and you think russia had some kind of deal with president trump. what is really behind the democrats and the left-leaning media obsession with russia? is it a visceral hate for trump? or are they really concerned about russia meddling in our politics. surely president obama who has been highly critical of his successor and russia, surely he thinks russia is dangerous, right? >> a few months ago when you are asked, what is the biggest geopolitical threat facing america, you said russia. not al qaeda, you said russia. the cold war has been over for 20 years. >> eric: mr. obama, russia was on your radar for years into your presidency. maybe that is so long ago. eventually surely you must have changed your mind over time about russia's meddling and our elections? listen to president obama last year. >> there is no serious person out there who would suggest
2:49 pm
somehow that you could even rig america's elections. there is no evidence that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time. >> eric: so what is it, liberals? is it russia or some kind of trump derangement syndrome at work? cnn had to retract her coat retract a story saying anthony scaramucci was colluding with the russians. that story was fake news and three reporters resigned. maybe there is a rush to russia, a russia to judgment. unfortunately for my good frien friend, got caught on camera saying russia, a "nothing burger." i couldn't agree more. >> eboni: i want to make sure
2:50 pm
i quote van jones correctly and you beat me to it. i think even some of the most democratic, far left people are having russia fatigue. i think that's where we are very we see fit day. bowl are tired of the money. where is the smoking gun. i am more concerned with tax reforms, health care plan. is there something to russia? we will hear about it when we get to it. >> eric: four years apart. one of the beginning of his presidency, one of the end, claiming both times nothing to see here. >> kat: democrats care about potential hacking when it has political implications, not about how it affects the country. this whole thing is so emblematic of what's going on in the country right now with the hyper partisanship. he did it. they did it. not, what can we do about it? a foreign entity getting involved in our elections is
2:51 pm
bad. >> to your point, the complete lack of self-awareness. if i were a democrat, i hope i would be saying holy cow, not only through we lose the presidency but under the passive administration we lost 8,000 state legislator seats. that's unprecedented. something that hasn't been seen since the civil war. there are 25 states where republicans have total control. only six for the democrats. despite the fact that there are a party in systemic decline, there seems to be a lack of awareness. >> do you mean not aware that russia was able to give the republicans that much power? the thing that's really ridiculous about this is if anybody has to worry about collusion, it is the democrats right now. loretta lynch as the attorney general meeting with targets of investigations including bill clinton. the fact that the head of the fbi, james comey, has to tank a case because he knows there is
2:52 pm
no prosecution possible across the street at the department of justice. those are things internally that are scary. >> eboni: hard truth that many in the democratic party aren't going to want to hear. they lost state legislator seats, governors, senators seat seats. people liked barack obama. they didn't necessarily like the policy, the party. actually president obama was on record saying he's not really concerned about the growth and survival of the party. he was concerned about his presidency. the democrats have to realize barack obama is gone and not coming back. so now you need to get yourself together, get a message and find a messenger if you intend to be relevant politically moving forward. >> you are exactly right. as much as i didn't like his policies, i would be the first to admit he was a transformational figure. the fact that america elected a black president a few generations away from black people being owned is incredible for him, incredible for the
2:53 pm
country. his charisma, political skills were stellar. but he is done. they are left with a bunch of cranky old people who don't care about growth in this country. >> kat: i completely agree. it is hard to not like barack obama. i would love to hang out with him. i'm sure he has plans after work. it seems like a fun guy. very different from the democrats. a shell of a party without him. >> eric: can we be optimistic and maybe everyone in the mainstream media learned their lesson. do your homework and stop rushing to judgment. check out my new book, "the swamp," available everywhere. between number two and number three on amazon's best seller list. huge, huge thank you to everyone who helped achieve that success. when we return, we circle back with our specialists steve cortes and tim clemente.
2:54 pm
go, go! [ rock music playing ] have fun with your replaced windows. run away! [ grunts ] leave him! leave him! [ music continues ] brick and mortar, what?! [ music continues ] [ tires screech ] [ laughs ] [ doorbell rings ] when you bundle home and auto insurance with progressive, you get more than a big discount. that's what you get for bundling home and auto! jamie! you get sneaky-good coverage. thanks. we're gonna live forever! you get sneaky-good coverage. thanks. the toothpaste that helps new parodontax. prevent bleeding gums. if you spit blood when you brush or floss
2:55 pm
you may have gum problems and could be on the journey to much worse. help stop the journey of gum disease. try new parodontax toothpaste. ♪
2:56 pm
2:57 pm
>> kat: time to circle back with our specialists, steve cortes and tim clemente. you were optimistic about health care getting done. i wanted to ask you when you think it will happen? >> it better get done.
2:58 pm
after the july 4th break, which they shouldn't be taking that they are, and before the august break and they shouldn't be taking if it's not done. i will say this about mitch mcconnell. i disagree with him a lot on policy. i think he knows how to get this done, even it's a little ugly, and get it through between the brakes and if we do that, once we do that, then we move on to tax reform, tax cuts which is the holy grail. this country has to grow again. if we start growing, so many other problems solve themselves. >> kat: >> eboni: you are a prod georgetown hawaii out. i want to ask you about patrick ewing becoming the new head coach for the hoyas. >> good move, they needed to do something. i am a proud hora, -- hoya.
2:59 pm
i certainly am. georgetown has become like so many universities, a aetna indoctrination camp for leftist ideologies. i'm sad to say that but that's the reality. >> eric: i'm getting texts and emails saying tim, you are a -- can i say this -- badass. are you still in the law enforcement security business? i don't think it's possible to take a foot out of the field completely. i am in the counterterrorism world, i travel extensively. >> eric: we are glad you are on our side. i agree with steve, georgetown. on the football field. >> kat: thank you to our fox news specialists today, steve cortes and tim clemente. thank you for watching her follow us on social media at
3:00 pm
specialistsfnc on twitter and facebook. remember, 5:00 will never be the same. "special report" is next, and it's amazing. keep watching. >> i am bill hemmer in for bret baier. senate republicans are working quickly this evening to come up with the new health care plan immediately. leadership wants something on paper by friday, and it appears many americans agree with the decision to pull the effort to repeal and replace obamacare. latest polling shows 27% of those surveyed favored it in the senate, 50/50 4% did not. the obamacare numbers keep rising. 52-42%, up from 38% approval in march of 2015. let's start with cheap congressional correspondent

71 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on