Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  June 28, 2017 6:00pm-7:01pm PDT

6:00 pm
version of reality. maybe he will blame the russians for it. we'll see. we'll keep you posted. we'll be back tomorrow, 8:00. >> kimberly: hello everyone, i'm kimberly guilfoyle. it's 9:00 in new york city and this is "the five" ." another day, another scandal for project veritas, the conservative investigative group van jones apparently downplaying the significance. fox news has verified, the man who appears to be van jones is said going "the russia thing is
6:01 pm
just a big nothing burger." a separate video of cnn help producer calling the russia story ds. this, despite the networks nearly nonstop coverage of the investigation into possible collusion between the russians and then candidate trump's campaign. that's not all. yesterday, we told you house three cnn journalist resigned over a retracted article that said a trump advisor was under investigation for ties to a russian investment fund. "the new york post" is reporting that seen in only retracted the article after it was threatened with legal action. take a listen to how radio talk show host rush limbaugh is reacting. >> donald trump be the end of cnn? what a legacy that would be. i think that's what the trump administration is doing with many in the media. they are like cats. he's got this little red laser light and causing them to make
6:02 pm
fools of themselves, and everyone is laughing at them because they're crashing into walls. >> so, the news of the development. yet another layer to the cnn problem, the network under siege. greg, your thoughts. >> greg: it's tempting to rip cnn to shreds given the pleasure they've taken to our travails. and it's not a nothing burger, it's a nothing caviar. i will defend van jones in the sense that i don't think he was ever on the russian trump thing, the narrative of the network. definitely, they are pushing this. but he always seemed more measured of the crew. i don't think he's being a hypocrite. so i have to praise him for being consistent off-camera and on camera because like i said, this will happen to us. if you aren't consistent on camera and off-camera, and you say you're for something in the green room and you're against it when you are here, you deserve to be called out.
6:03 pm
i don't think that happened to van jones. one other point. i find it interesting how the media loves this kind of stuff when they are to the target. decades of consumer journalism were born from 60 minutes. every local tv news station had a consumer reporter that would dog some poured guy at a supermarket because he sold milk at the sale date. it was like, it was just ridiculous, absurd, until, then it happens to them. then it's like i hate this. >> kimberly: cnn is doing a good job of doing themselves and with this. they're concerned about credibility, because this is a below in terms of the news organization. you want your viewers to trust you, and that you're going to in fact deliver the news and have accurate sources. it's what we all try to do and scribe to do. >> dana: one of the reasons they're upset, i would say 90% of the people at cnn do try to do that. they do original reporting. they are all over the world.
6:04 pm
it is nothing terribly wrong. they apologize for, they fired three people. whether it's because of the merits of journalistic integrity or they were worried about a lawsuit. i would like to learn a little bit more about that. i also think about van jones. we just showed up, a clip of him when he was at the democratic national meeting. he was saying, stop the russia thing because we are going to lose. we are seating the policy ground while everyone is going to be talking about health care or helping the working class, we are all talking about russia and you just burned a billion dollars on an election that didn't help advance the ball. i think he has actually been consistent. it's a bummer that you can't feel like you have any privacy whatsoever in any of your conversations, but i guess for him, i do think he has been consistent. >> kimberly: what you make of this latest development with van jones? do you agree with greg, that he was never really want to
6:05 pm
confront on russia? >> jesse: i'm sure you can find tape up van jones saying some pretty horrific things about trump and russia. i let the people on the internet find those. trump reminds me of roadrunner. he runs really fast, and then cnn is wile e. coyote. it wile e. coyote chases roadrunner over the edge of a cliff, and then all of a sudden, wile e. coyote looks down and there's nothing underneath. that is cnn right now. splat. they hit the pavement and then they try again. trump has this effect on people. rush was talking about the laser being, that trump brings out the best in people and the worst in people. right now he's bringing out the worst in cnn. in all the other fake news, they are very fake news. it's hard to defend your integrity when you are firing three people, when some of your best and brightest analysts are
6:06 pm
saying something that is directly opposite from what your network has been pushing for the last couple of months. dave had a rough stretch. kathy griffin. they had to retract that whole story about the coming memo and what he was going to say during the hearing. they are in for a little rough stress courtesy of james o'keefe. everyone has to watch what they say because you never know when a cam is going to be there. >> kimberly: so, speed 25. >> juan: i think this is an overreaction. i'm amazed that anybody thinking the media doesn't make mistakes, it's just like talking to your friends on facebook. >> kimberly: not like this. >> juan: they made a mistake, and guess what. we know networks, and we know newspapers that have had to retract stories and haven't fired people and having
6:07 pm
apologized. but these guys did it. i work for "the washington post," i work for npr, i work for fox, everybody makes mistakes. >> kimberly: i just want to report facts on this -- >> juan: let me finish kimberly. when i look at the reality of trump putting up fake "time" magazine covers, i think fake knees. when i hear about trump saying obama was spying on him during the campaign and he can't prove anything, fake knees. when he says, guess what, i've got tapes on james comey, and there's no such thing, i think fake news. >> jesse: what are you talking about, "time" magazine covers. and trump never said he had tapes on james comey. he said i hope there is better not be. >> juan: everybody watching can see right through this. >> jesse: he said i hope there aren't tapes, which created all of this stuff!
6:08 pm
you can't tell the difference between matt, juan? you can't mock that. >> juan: i'm not mocking it. he was trying to bully or intimidate. he was playing word games. >> jesse: they were trying to get him impeached, finally trump hit the bully back in the face. >> juan: is that really what's happening? >> kimberly: by the way, when people make an innocent mistake, versus willful and tension to put forth a story that they didn't have the evidence for the facts to back up because it was untrue, then you get fired. for an innocent mistake, you don't lose your job. three people that i've been there. i am telling you -- >> juan: okay. look at conservative media. do you think conservative media is out there firing people because of it? no, they say maybe we made a mistake. let's move on. everybody makes mistakes. >> kimberly: this is not a
6:09 pm
mistake. legally, it's not a mistake. >> juan: to me, the big stories this. right now, people any conservative media are trying to put cnn back on its heel and underplay the idea that there's any legitimacy to this trump investigation. >> jesse: of course, we should really feel bad for cnn. they did whatever president obama wanted for the last eight years. now all of a sudden they try to get trump out of office. they are making mistakes left and right. we call them out, and they are saying woe is me. come on, juan. it's a tough business. stop acting like everyone has to feel sorry for them. >> juan: no one is feeling sorry for them. >> jesse: he's acting like they are the biggest victims out there. >> kimberly: he has to essentially make a retraction as well, when they tried to push back on the story. >> juan: i think what you said at the top was right. they go after people like fox all the time. they delight whenever we have trouble. so, okay. but let's not go overboard.
6:10 pm
>> greg: the other thing i said, it's not about van jones. it's about the narrative. what cnn did, which is bigger than all of this, when they chased a narrative instead of the facts. they couldn't find the facts. so they ran with the story. >> kimberly: right. >> greg: i get it. they did it for ratings. trump delivers ratings. it's why all the networks are going up. but the interesting thing about fox news, we don't chase ratings, trump just brings them. if you just cover the news, if you just cover what donald trump is doing, your ratings will be fine. you don't have to create a story that doesn't exist. >> kimberly: so, that's not a mistake. that is willful and intentional choice to push a story and a narrative were carless of their facts to support it. i'm agreeing with you. i'm saying this is not a mistake. a mistake would say that by accident i took a bite of jesse's sandwich because i thought it was mine.
6:11 pm
>> juan: nobody says i'm going to do something to get fired. >> jesse: this is likely subprime mortgage crisis. you have j.b. morgan pushing these phony loans and you have one of their executives caught on tape saying these loans are locus. this is what happened here. >> juan: so, all of cnn is bogus now? >> jesse: juan, did you understand my analogy? >> kimberly: dana, here's the question. hopefully they learned and they can move forward. however, what do they do as a network in terms of communicating to their viewers, the people, so that they don't lose viewership. how did they get themselves out of this kind of p.r. mess or crisis? before i'm not in the business of helping cnn get more viewers,
6:12 pm
but, one of the things they did, they have not pushed back or retaliated in any way against the people who have been in these videos. so, they are saying the diversity of opinions is important to us. it's okay that people in our network have different opinions. in our video we showed yesterday, the young man is saying that what he thought was more important as a story was climate change. he says that he was frustrated because they said no-go back to russia. whether he was making a business decision or wanted to get on the preferred narrative, i don't know. i fight with the producers every day about 100 stories in the national review. i sent a really good one about what was happening in austin with huber. there are lots of different opinions, and i think that when you are a 24/7 news channel, you have to put product on the air every minute of the day. and you have to do better.
6:13 pm
we wake up every day and we are excited about our jobs, and we all want to do a good job. i don't think that anything different over there, but i guess they had to try and keep their employees solid first. >> kimberly: but the problem is if they were chasing ratings regarding russian report collusion which we are seeing -- >> dana: if that's true, then it bit them in the rear end. >> kimberly: coming up why is the mainstream media fawning over a reporter from playboy? greg explains what the heck is going on directly ahead. ♪ if you have moderate to severe plaque psoriasis,... isn't it time to let the real you shine through? maybe it's time for otezla (apremilast). otezla is not an injection or a cream. it's a pill that treats plaque psoriasis differently. with otezla, 75% clearer skin is achievable after just 4 months,... with reduced redness,...
6:14 pm
thickness, and scaliness of plaques. and the otezla prescribing information has no requirement for routine lab monitoring. don't take otezla if you're allergic to any of its ingredients. otezla may increase the risk of depression. tell your doctor if you have a history of depression or suicidal thoughts... or if these feelings develop. some people taking otezla reported weight loss. your doctor should monitor your weight... and may stop treatment. side effects may include diarrhea,... nausea, upper respiratory tract infection... and headache. tell your doctor about all the medicines you take and if you're pregnant or planning to be. ask your dermatologist about otezla today. otezla. show more of you.
6:15 pm
eyet some cards limit where yout earn bonus cash back to a few places. and then, change those places every few months. enough with that! with quicksilver from capital one you've always earned unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, everywhere. welcome to unlimited what's in your wallet? ♪ at johnson's we care about safety as much as you do. that's why we meet or exceed 15 global regulations for baby products.
6:16 pm
and where standards differ, we always go with the toughest. johnson's. i need the phone that's where i happen to be... to be the one that rings. i need not to be missed phone calls... to not be missed. i need seamless handoff... canyon software.
6:17 pm
from reception, to landline, to mobile. i need one number... not two. i'm always moving forward... because i can't afford to get stuck in the past. comcast business. built for business. >> greg: the white house correspondent for playboy threw a tantrum yesterday when deputy press secretary sarah huckabee sanders pointed out that some of trump's loudest critics are behind so much big news. that's kind of neat. playboy has a white house correspondent. it's like national review having a stringer at hooters. here's brian karem. >> your claiming everybody right now with those words. this administration has done that as well. why in the name of heaven,
6:18 pm
anyone of us is replaceable. and if anyone of us doesn't get it right, the audience has the opportunity to turn the channel or not read. you have been elected to serve for four years at least. there's no option other than that. we're just asking questions. you are here to provide the answers. and what you just did is inflammatory to people all over the country who look at it and say, once again, the president's right and everybody else out here is fake media. everybody in this room is only trying to do their job. >> greg: es. of course, when someone in the media does this, then the rest of the media falls in love. drool away chris matthews. >> i was very impressed by that. what got you. what made you do that today? you find it, because you turn that service to the american people, people paid by american taxpayers to give us answers to questions. that's what everything is supposed to be. it's not supposed to be a p.r.
6:19 pm
campaign of trusting everyone who disagrees with the presiden president. >> greg: get a room. [laughs] i admit it was entertaining. especially as a reporter tries to ask a follow-up. >> i disagree completely. first of all, if anything has been inflamed, it's the dishonesty that often takes place by the news media. i think it is outrageous for you to accuse me of inflaming a story when i was totally trying to respond to the question. >> greg: factors, the media is a dog under new owners. they were so volatile under the previous owner, president obama. every day, he fed them from the table. scraps of eloquence that reminded them of their favorite professor, the one i had a crush on him, and thought maybe they had a chance with after finals. he probably drove a convertible mgm quoted carol back to .
6:20 pm
i'm not talking about president trump, but republicans, conservatives, and libertarians. all those people you rolled your eyes out whenever they knocked president obama. they probably don't remember that, but i do. all those times they muttered or groaned when benghazi came up, or anything critical of obama's white house. so, please table your outrage. since trump came into office, there has been a run on tiny violins, and now they are all of stock. heroic playboy reported defended cnn's honor at white house press reasoning. that still exists. meet brian karem, the reporter that scolded sarah huckabee sanders. "newsweek," white house press correspondent hit back at zero h huckabee sanders. >> dana: i don't remember any reporters that were anonymous. i do remember in the briefing
6:21 pm
room, there would be the occasional conservative that came to the precinct, and any time they would ask a question, you could see, because i had this vantage point, all the eyes rolling. i always felt like, this is giving everyone a chance to ask questions. there's always someone from a foreign news outlets i would ask a question that's totally off-topic and annoying. i think there is a lot of tension in this briefing room that can be turned down a little bit. it's getting a little old. >> greg: he's from playboy, maybe it should be the debriefing room. >> kimberly: you worked on at all yesterday. >> greg: the media loves it when the media sticks truth to power. but they never did this under obama. >> kimberly: of course. it's a very tough position. i want to see dana perino and that position. sarah huckabee sanders, sean spicer, because you on defense every day taking heavy c-130 fire.
6:22 pm
it is definitely a relationship that needs to be repaired. you do want to do a good job to represent the president. he's got 40 people working in communication. he's frustrated because he feels like, i want to get good stories out there and talk about my agenda. let's talk about health care, taxes, immigration, national security, and all the things we've been working on. instead, it's like defending stories that are thinly sourced. so, there is frustration. so, you have to lead by example and put stories out there that are actually positive. this is what we're doing, and give them something to work on. otherwise, right now, it's like at the zoo, and everyone is throwing things at each other. >> greg: i get the feeling this was planned and he was pulling a jerry maguire. you know that you can make this heroic speech and all your peers are going to be like golf clapping. >> jesse: are you saying he
6:23 pm
had a few drinks beforehand? people say they read playboy for the articles. this is the guy that's writing the articles. very good. it makes perfect sense that the leader of the white house press corps is playboy. i wouldn't call this guy brave. it's not like he stormed the beaches of normandy. i guess if you are a media reporter, this is brave. i don't think he looks very good. i thought he was kind of whiny and a little disheveled. i don't want to make any comments about his personal appearance, but you saw the aftershock, where he looks frazzled and weak. and then he goes around and gets a pat on the back by chris matthews, also kind of week. this guy will probably be, his 15 minutes of fame is probably over. >> kimberly: and he got blasted -- >> greg: would you call this a tantrum, or would you call this a legitimate response?
6:24 pm
>> juan: i think it's a legitimate response. i've worked as a reporter for a long time. people have threatened me, broke into my house, light about me. i'm just telling you, i think there are a lot of reporters in this country, and globally, you look at some countries like mexico where they are killing reporters left and right, and the idea here -- sarah huckabee sanders came out and she was loaded. he said, though, you are undermining the first amendment. you are saying to everybody in your political base, ignore the news media. they are all a bunch of liars. >> greg: she made a good point. >> juan: the only source to be trusted as donald trump. >> greg: she made a good point. the ones that are saying things are making the big mistakes. before right before the briefing, he tweeted, i've been
6:25 pm
told to expect fireworks at the briefing. the white house wants this fight because they think that it helps them. and it does help him. and they have legitimate reason to have fights, especially with the cnn story that we talked about today. they wanted to. >> kimberly: dana is right because they feel vindicated. this was their big moment to say this is what we've been complaining about, try to understand. you're putting out the stories, and now look at what's happened. >> juan: i think, it helped them to undermine anybody who is covering those connections between russia and the campaign, and secondly, to distract from the failure of the health care legislation. >> greg: we must now move on. up next, we will tell you why criminal aliens should be afraid about what president trump did today. stay with us. er traffic? can we push the offer online? legacy technology can handcuff any company.
6:26 pm
but "yes" is here. you're saying the new app will go live monday? yeah. with help from hpe, we can finally work the way we want to. with the right mix of hybrid it, everything computes. only new tena intimates has ♪ it'pro-skin technologyiend designed to quickly wick away moisture to help maintain your skin's natural balance. for a free sample, call 1-877-get-tena. finding the best hotel price is now a safe bet.
6:27 pm
because tripadvisor searches over 200 booking sites - so you save up to 30% on the hotel you want. lock it in. tripadvisor.
6:28 pm
so we know how to cover almost alanything.ything, even a coupe soup. [woman] so beautiful. [man] beautiful just like you. [woman] oh, why thank you. [burke] and we covered it, november sixth, two-thousand-nine. talk to farmers. we know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two. ♪ we are farmers. bum-pa-dum, bum-bum-bum-bum ♪ w sleep number 360 smart bed. it senses your every move and automatically adjusts on both sides. right now save on sleep number 360 smart beds. plus, it's the lowest prices of the season with savings of $500 on our most popular p5 bed. ends saturday. when you're close to the people you love,
6:29 pm
does psoriasis ever get in the way of a touching moment? if you have moderate to severe psoriasis, you can embrace the chance of completely clear skin with taltz. taltz is proven to give you a chance at completely clear skin. with taltz, up to 90% of patients had a significant improvement of their psoriasis plaques. in fact, 4 out of 10 even achieved completely clear skin. do not use if you are allergic to taltz. before starting you should be checked for tuberculosis. taltz may increase your risk of infections and lower your ability to fight them. tell your doctor if you are being treated for an infection or have symptoms. or if you have received a vaccine or plan to. inflammatory bowel disease can happen with taltz. including worsening of symptoms. serious allergic reactions can occur. now's your chance at completely clear skin. just ask your doctor about taltz.
6:30 pm
>> jesse: president trump is pushing hard for legislation that gets tougher on sanctuary cities and criminal aliens. the house is expected to vote on two bills this week endorsed by the president, including case law, which is named after kathryn steinle, a 32-year-old who was murdered by a five-time deported felon. case law increases penalties. >> we lost people because our government refuses to enforce immigration laws. we have new laws, and existing immigration laws. for years, preponderant politicians in washington refused to hear your voices, but on election day, 2016, your
6:31 pm
voices were heard all across the entire world. right? you better believe it. nobody died in vain, i can tell you. >> jesse: so tonight, we have a president that sides with crime victims as opposed to criminals. >> dana: this will pass the house. that tougher road is in the senate as it was last year. they were able to get that. but they might be able to with president trump's help. i would imagine that if the democrats can take a moment to think about a little bit down the road. if they can support these two things, kate's law and to sanctuary cities, then president trump would be able to say, look at what i've done on border enforcement. now let's move to what we really want which is comprehensive immigration reform. and i think they would be able to get it. the other thing, earlier this week i listened to a podcast at "the new york times" does, and they interviewed one of the fathers whose son had been shot in the face by an illegal
6:32 pm
immigrant who should have been deported, and his son died. he met president trump, and it meant so much to him to have somebody listen to him. the reporter then asked, why did you choose this issue to work on? why not gun control? and i thought, that's the wrong question. >> kimberly: oh... >> dana: you can deport people faster than you can get done regulation done. >> jesse: common sense legislation like this. the democrats say they are compassionate people, but i don't see a lot of that compassion when it comes to victims of illegal alien crime. >> greg: go back to what dana just mentioned about this podcast question that was asked. therein lies the lesson. the lesson is, there are some victims that are more appealing than others. >> jesse: there is a victim hierarchy. >> greg: if you are a victim
6:33 pm
of gun violence pure and simple, or a victim of gun violence by law enforcement, you are at the top of the wrong. at donald trump, let him or hate him, is the first powerful person to embrace a cause that has been largely ignored. not just by politicians but by the media cut on because they that this type of victim did not feed a narrative that they felt more strongly about, which is law enforcement, police brutality, and gun control. those are the things that make up the liberal media brain. victims of the illegal violence are in that equation, and it took president trump to introduce that into the world, and then you have the podcast, but they still can't let go. >> jesse: dana and greg make a good point. the left, will memorialize some lady, kimberly, like mike brown, but then they will ignore someone like kathryn steinle. >> kimberly: so disturbing, isn't it? this law, it should have been
6:34 pm
passed to three years ago. it should have been taken to the senate floor. it's very disturbing to me. i come from san francisco. i worked there as a prosecutor. the law should be followed, and upheld, and here it makes a lot of sense. it's very consistent with what president trump has set about strengthening our borders and strengthening security. this is not some egregious or inappropriate law, this makes a lot of sense. this is a deterrent. this will save lives. this does help national security and strengthen our borders, and this increases penalties in a proportionate way for those who would commit heinous felonies, acts of violence, and illegally reenter over and over again. this is the first president to strongly address and listen to the voices of the victims of violent crime to those families who washington has turned a deaf ear on. now he's paying attention to them. i think it's very important. this is an important issue. it would cut back so much on crime, like dana says. take the illegal immigrants who
6:35 pm
are here, the people who come in over and over again to commit these crimes, and put this penalty. you have to make sure they don't come back in and reoffend in a way like criminal recidivists that they have been doing over and over again. you would care about this if this was your family. you would. you would pay attention and you would want someone to listen to you. and say enough. >> jesse: golden opportunity for democrats, juan. two things, kate's law and centauri cities. they are supported by the vast majority of the american public. >> juan: this incredible to me i'm sitting here thinking, if anybody attacked any of us or our families, we would say this is outrageous. we wouldn't say, oh, you are an illegal immigrant. we would say, we don't like crime, and guess what, president obama was kicking out people at record rates who were illegal immigrants who had committed crimes. president trump has continued on that path, it may be even more aggressively because now he's throwing out people with traffic tickets. but the idea is, you shouldn't
6:36 pm
demonize all immigrants or even all illegal immigrants because the statistics that greg and i have argued over show they have a lower rate of criminal behavior than people who are here as native citizens. >> greg: they are competing statistics, juan. >> juan: we have argued this. >> greg: state and local have higher compared to overall publishing, but when you look at other states, is lower. >> juan: a conservative group says that's wrong. >> greg: because there are competing statistics, don't look at them and just look at the problem of illegal immigration. >> kimberly: exactly. >> greg: they look at illegal immigration is a separate issue. >> juan: okay, so let's look at it you illegal immigration and remember. president bush tried to get something done. guess what, the talk radio host on the right said no. president obama tried to get
6:37 pm
something. it seems to me like people are nursing a grievance and glad to demonize emigrants led by president trump. >> kimberly: no, no. case law doesn't demonize anybody. it's be the you who doesn't cover your moderate to severe plaque psoriasis. be the you who shows up in that dress. who hugs a friend. who is done with treatments that don't give you clearer skin. be the you who controls your psoriasis with stelara®
6:38 pm
just 4 doses a year after 2 starter doses. stelara® may lower your ability to fight infections and may increase your risk of infections and cancer. some serious infections require hospitalization. before treatment, get tested for tuberculosis. before starting stelara® tell your doctor if you think you have an infection or have symptoms such as: fever, sweats, chills, muscle aches or cough. always tell your doctor if you have any signs of infection, have had cancer, if you develop any new skin growths or if anyone in your house needs or has recently received a vaccine. alert your doctor of new or worsening problems, including headaches, seizures, confusion and vision problems these may be signs of a rare, potentially fatal brain condition. some serious allergic reactions can occur. do not take stelara® if you are allergic to stelara® or any of its ingredients. most people using stelara® saw 75% clearer skin and the majority were rated as cleared or minimal at 12 weeks. be the you who talks to your dermatologist about stelara®.
6:39 pm
[ barks ] radio: scorching heat today, staywalter!ut there! stop suffering with hot ac. cool it yourself with a/c pro. in just 3 easy steps, enjoy the comfort of 2 times the cooling boosters from the #1 selling coldest air. nothing cools like a/c pro. he's told that joke a million times. and you always laugh like you're hearing it for the first time. at lincoln financial, we get there are some responsibilities of love you gotta do on your own. and some you shouldn't have to shoulder alone. like ensuring he's well-taken care of. even as you build your own plans for retirement. ask a financial advisor how lincoln can help protect your savings from the impact of long-term care expenses. with some big news about type 2 diabetes. you have type 2 diabetes, right? yes. so let me ask you this... how does diabetes affect your heart? it doesn't, does it? actually, it does.
6:40 pm
type 2 diabetes can make you twice as likely to die from a cardiovascular event, like a heart attack or stroke. and with heart disease, your risk is even higher. you didn't know that. no. yeah. but, wait, there's good news for adults who have type 2 diabetes and heart disease. jardiance is the only type 2 diabetes pill with a lifesaving cardiovascular benefit. jardiance is proven to both significantly reduce the chance of dying from a cardiovascular event in adults who have type 2 diabetes and heart disease and lower your a1c. jardiance can cause serious side effects including dehydration. this may cause you to feel dizzy, faint, or lightheaded, or weak upon standing. ketoacidosis is a serious side effect that may be fatal. symptoms include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, tiredness, and trouble breathing. stop taking jardiance and call your doctor right away if you have symptoms of ketoacidosis or an allergic reaction. symptoms of an allergic reaction include rash, swelling, and difficulty breathing or swallowing. do not take jardiance if you are on dialysis or have severe kidney problems. other side effects are sudden kidney problems, genital yeast infections, increased bad cholesterol, and urinary tract infections, which may be serious.
6:41 pm
taking jardiance with a sulfonylurea or insulin may cause low blood sugar. tell your doctor about all the medicines you take and if you have any medical conditions. so now that you know all that, what do you think? that it's time to think about jardiance. ask your doctor about jardiance. and get to the heart of what matters. >> dana: president trump has been a very different kind of president, but when it comes to standing up for america's values, former secretary of state condoleezza rice says he is no different than his predecessors. >> i believe every president of the united states stands for our values and ultimately these presidents begin to react in that way. you heard president trump say, for instance, after the syrian chemical attack, we can't let that stand. what he was saying, the president of the united states can't let that stand. so the language might be
6:42 pm
different, we might talk about needing to deal with policy. i think you're going to see that the abuse that america's interests and values are always linked. >> dana: the ever gracious and very wise former secretary of state condoleezza rice. she always has a way of reminding us to look at the bigger picture. >> greg: i'd like to think i taught her that. every conservative has to review the way we look at donald trump. there are no smooth edges with drum. he's not a purely political animal. so, she does what a lot of people do. they cleaved the donald that you know from the past from the donald as president. she started by saying, he may sound different, but he acts in the best interest. he sounds different than he acts.
6:43 pm
think about this. compared to president obama. president obama's sound was smooth, like music at a spa, but his deeds were questionable. this is reverse. trump's is blunt to some, but his deeds are primarily in the service of the country. he's a reversal of obama, and he's not like anything you will have seen. >> dana: a column in the new yorker was about that today. kimberly, you're a big fan of former secretary of state. >> kimberly: i think this is great. this really goes to show you what a valuable wonderful, patriotic, condoleezza rice as to this country. instead of being someone, she wants to get in there and help. we all know that she has been very helpful to this
6:44 pm
administration had one of the people that recommended rex tillerson for secretary of state, and she is saying, because of her personal expense with president trump, her conversation with him, that she believes him and that he in fact, she believes, will reach out to democrats and people across the world to be able to try to force policy and make a positive change. i'm going to take her at her word. i think she somebody who has a tremendous amount of experience with all these different important departments, and i think she knows a thing or two about what's going on there. >> dana: and also, she just came out with a book called "democracy." i think what she was trying to say, let's look at the big picture. he is a public servant, and he is doing what is in the best interest of america. your thoughts? >> jesse: she owes you for that nice book plug. >> dana: it's a good book. >> jesse: it's a great read i'm sure. also, she is a woman that everybody respects. highly respected by almost
6:45 pm
everybody. this was a big establishment stamp of approval. i don't know why we still need that. i don't think we need people like condoleezza rice coming out and saying trump is a patriot. i think everybody knows trump is a patriot. i think some people in the media that listen to this treason talk with russia still think this guy is some sort of trader. so maybe when they hear her say that, they think maybe he is. >> kimberly: you complain about people being negative, and now you're complaining about people being positive. >> jesse: i'm not complaining. i'm just pointing out the reality. >> juan: she's gracious, but i don't think she's a trump supporter. in fact, the most important thing she said was that, ultimately, americans are going to act in the best interest of
6:46 pm
america. let's hope. and then she said, the russia investigation is legit and it should be pursued, and it should be pursued to find out what happened to make sure it should not happen again. thank you condoleezza rice. >> kimberly: okay. she's at the white house quite a bit. and she has most often only been at the state department, a lot. >> dana: president trump has accepted an invitation from french president to go to paris. a liberal pundit says the media seems insensitive. we will tell you about a straightahead. ♪ hey, bud. you need some help? no, i'm good. come on, moe. i have to go.
6:47 pm
(vo) we always trusted our subaru impreza would be there for him someday. ok. that's it. (vo) we just didn't think someday would come so fast. see ya later, moe. (vo) introducing the subaru impreza. the longest-lasting vehicle in its class. more than a car, it's a subaru. choicehotels.com. badda book. that's it?. he means book direct at choicehotels.com for the lowest price on our rooms guaranteed. plus earn free nights and instant rewards at check-in. yeah. like i said. book now at choicehotels.com pain is sometimes in my hands, be a distraction. right before a performance especially. only aleve has the strength to stop minor arthritis pain for up to 12 hours with just one pill. this is my pain. but i am stronger. aleve. all day strong.
6:48 pm
6:49 pm
6:50 pm
b3 the mainstream media gets its fair share of criticism from republicans, but now, even some on the left voicing complaints. former talk show host bill donahue says the presses forward to press about criticism and president trump. >> i think it's a bad thing for the press to get in to the punching game. in my experience, there are a lot of people in the press who can't take a punch. "the washington post," "the new york times," these people can't find enough adjectives to express their disgust for this president.
6:51 pm
and yet, they missed the story. may they missed the guy in the midwest who was working long hours without a pay raise, whose kids can't pay back their college loans. >> juan: what do you think, jesse? do the press have a glass jar? >> jesse: they do and the president shattered it. when donahue is the voice of reason for the democratic party, been the democratic party is in big trouble. they totally lost touch with reality, they lost touch with their constituency. russia wasn't going to put food on people's tables. russia isn't going to put your kids through college, it's not going to lower premiums. so i think the democrats should listen to phil donahue. did i just say that? >> juan: he said this. you're supposed to tell people often what they don't want to hear, but if you're not popular, you don't get promoted in the news came, and somebody else
6:52 pm
will have to feed your kid. so this is what he saying, reporters have to do it. >> kimberly: he's giving good, general advice. but then you also have to apply it to today and what's going on. when you look at the polls and the complete disfavor and low regard that the public, the american public, the voting public, has for the mainstream media, for the stories, for the fake news, there is a reason they are in the fix they're in. they need to take a closer look at themselves, their ethics, and their journalistic standards, and maybe things won't be so rough for them. >> juan: dana, tougher press? >> dana: everybody needs to grow a little bit of a thicker skin. we've been through a lot in the past two years. but his point, is a good one. if all the news outlets are doing better, and the ratings are better, since christian's are up, your young entrepreneurial reporter, i would ask your editor for a road trip budget. hit the road for the next six
6:53 pm
months. don't come back until you've had some experiences with people who are actually doing the voting. >> jesse: phil donahue, telling people don't be so sensitive, is like mr. clean saying don't be so bold. this was the first sensitive new age man. he was the first male feminist. he was the mascot for the me decade. there is nobody more sensitive than this guy. >> juan: hang in there guys. get tougher. "one more thing" is up next. whe. ...i learned humira is for people who still have symptoms of moderate to severe crohn's disease... ...even after trying other medications. in clinical studies,... the majority of people on humira... saw significant symptom relief... ...and many achieved remission. humira can lower your ability...
6:54 pm
...to fight infections, including tuberculosis. serious, sometimes fatal infections and cancers, including lymphoma, have happened;... ...as have blood, liver, and nervous system problems, serious allergic reactions, and new or worsening heart failure. before treatment, get tested for tb. tell your doctor if you've been to areas where... ...certain fungal infections are common, and if you've had tb,... ...hepatitis b, are prone to infections,... ...or have flu-like symptoms or sores. don't start humira if you have an infection. just managing your symptoms? ask your gastroenterologist about humira. with humira, remission is possible. why do some cash back cards make bonus cash back so complicated? they limit where you can earn bonus cash back to a few places and those places keep changing every few months. the quicksilver card from capital one doesn't do any of that. with quicksilver you earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, everywhere. leave complicated behind. what's in your wallet?
6:55 pm
6:56 pm
looking for a hotel that fits... ...your budget? tripadvisor now searches over 200 sites to find you the hotel you want at the lowest price. grazie, gino! find a price that fits. tripadvisor.
6:57 pm
>> kimberly: it's time now for one more thing and i will begin. this young man's days of walking to work are no more. this is a fantastic story, after the help of a generous group of strangers who bought him a car. they knew that he was doing this and they said wow, this guy is 20 years old, he walks over 3 miles to work every day at a taco restaurant, so the people in that community would notice him. it's super hot outside. they put out a box for donation, and last friday, they surprised him with a cart while he was at work. something he has always wanted. they paid his insurance for a year plus two years worth of oil changes and a $500 gas card. what an inspiring story. good work ethic. very generous nice people.
6:58 pm
>> dana: do you remember the story about pink fly. basically, it said that a south dakota meat producer was using pink slime, and that it was not healthy for you. so, the beef product institute sued the network for defamation and one today. that story resulted in the sales declining from 5 million to 2 million pounds a week. which meant they had a closed plant in iowa. why this matters, that was actually fake news. and this case is another first amendment test for the media. the south dakota lawsuit set this president. it triples the amount of reported damages if a news organization knowingly lies about food safety claims. >> kimberly: good. >> dana: so going forward hopefully this will protect employers and employees across the country. >> juan: so, last night, i went to see my friend lionel
6:59 pm
richie in concert in virginia. a great place, but we were out in the open, beautiful night. there were so many fans of "the five." lionel richie is a fan. we got to hang out with him backstage. here he is with my wife and some friends. the guy in the black hat, big conservative, the show was great. alina played a lot of his hits, and had them dancing all night long. >> greg: my podcast with kristy swanson, the original buffy original buffy the vampire slayer. let's roll this group, real quick. >> disgusting news. can you believe joe scarborough produced a song? this is so bad i'm going to stop it right now. don't ever listen to it.
7:00 pm
>> jesse: so senator ted cruz found his doppelgaenger. separated at birth. look at the sky. i found my doppelgaenger. look at that. separated at birth. >> kimberly: "the sean hannity show" is up next. >> sean: thanks for friends on "the five." this is a fox news alert. we are witnessing the collapse of the liberal mainstream media right here in america. sarah sharyl attkisson. first, cnn leading the way in a rapid decay of the liberal mainstream media, and tonight, i have a message for cnn's president, jeff zucker. that's tonight's opening monologue. history is literally happening right in front of our eyes. we have the liberal destroyed trumpet mainstream media is now in a free fall

40 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on