Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  July 17, 2017 6:00pm-7:00pm PDT

6:00 pm
find another job. bitter. that's it for us tonight. good night from washington. our friends at the "the five" in new york are ready to go. see you tomorrow. ♪ ♪ >> kimberly: hello, everyone, i'm kimberly guilfoyle along juan williams, dana perino, eric bolling and greg gutfeld. this is the five. it is the hearing that everyone will be watching. oj simpson is up for parole this week. will one of america's most infamous prisoners be set free. it's a crime saga that dan more than 23 years ago. 1994, los angeles police in hot pursuit of a fugitive from justice. nfl legend orenthal james simpson wanted for the murders of his ex-wife nicole brown and her friend ron goldman it led to the trial of the century.
6:01 pm
>> o.j. simpson in a knit cap from two blocks away is still o.j. simpson. it's no disguise. it's no disguise. it makes to sense. it doesn't fit. if it doesn't fit, you must acquit. >> kimberly: and in 1995, an acquittal. despite powerful d.n.a. evidence that linked simpson directly to the crime. >> we, the jury in the above entitled action find the defendant orenthal james simpson not guilty of the crime of murder in violation of penal code section 187 a. >> kimberly: but two years later in a civil trial he was found liable for the deaths and ordered to pay more than $33 million to the families of the victims. fast forward to 2007. o.j. arrested again. this time on armed robbery, kidnapping, and other charges involving two sports memorabilia agents at a las vegas hotel. he was convicted in that trial.
6:02 pm
>> count 1, conspiracy to commit a crime. guilty. count 2, conspiracy to commit kidnapping, guilty. count 3, conspiracy to commit robbery, guilty. >> kimberly: simpson is now 70 years of age and up for parole after serving more than 8 years of a 33 year sentence. if granted release on thursday, he would walk out of prison on october 1st. the hearing will be televised much like the trial. all right, greg, get your thoughts. >> the reason why you had to do a two-minute recap is because most of the people don't remember this because they are so young. i was listening to this and i'm like i know every part of this. of course it's going to be televised because we can't get enough of scandal. we cannot -- we have forgotten how to shame. so we all must go and suck all this in because we can't get enough of it. i don't understand parole. it should work in reverse. you start at the sentence and good behavior prevents you from lengthening the sentence, not from
6:03 pm
shortening. i don't understand why somehow a 33 year sentence goes to 8 years. i don't know. the one thing i learned from this sentence is that facts don't matter when you're a celebrity and have you got a lot of money and have you a lot of lawyers. nobody else could have gotten off that way. we excuse the brutality of famous people. look at what's going on with r. kelly right now. no music sites talking about that. and they knew about that forever. and with o.j. there was a lot of star power there. and that star power overpowered a lot of people. >> jesse: what did r. kelly do? >> greg: it's another day. >> jesse: i thought it was something new. >> greg: it's the same thing. >> kimberly: the old thing. not good. >> greg: i shouldn't have brought it up. >> kimberly: dana? >> dana: watching the video reminded me on the night he was acquitted i was working as a waitress in denver, colorado, i had the bar
6:04 pm
area. and no one left. and i think we stayed there -- everybody stayed until like 2:00 in the morning. i probably made the most tips i had in my life. as greg was saying people were absolutely glued to the television. people couldn't get enough of it. >> greg: no social networks no internet. something we obsessed over constantly. >> dana: as much as i think he killed his wife and ron goldman, this particular crime is for the botched robbery in nevada. i guess i would say that the reason that you do parole on based on good behavior is so that you actually do behave in prison so that can you try to get out earlier. kimberly, i don't know if that's exactly correct. >> kimberly: yes. >> jesse: you're going to support that when you get locked up. greg greg i know. i changed my mind. >> dana: i don't think it's preferential treatment for parole. in our justice system we have to look at this particular crime and if the prosecutor and the judge think he has met the standards that were set and he should get paroled then he is probably going to get paroled. >> kimberly: jesse, do you recall this? how old were you?
6:05 pm
>> jesse: i was in high school when i was watching. this sorry, greg. i think the juice is going to get cut loose again because of the letter of the law. the first time he skated because you could pay for the dream team. they chose the bad venue downtown l.a. and the prosecution booted it. they made him try on the glove. they had mark fuhrman the racist up on the stand. they got the race card played on them and they didn't even realize it was happening. >> kimberly: that was allegation against them. >> jesse: that was the allegation against mark fuhrman. i thought it was on tape. maybe i'm wrong. the prosecutors threw the kitchen sink at him for the armed robbery. he wasn't holding the gun. he was involved in the armed robbery. it was really, really rough sentence. they had in mind this guy state skated on a double homicide. he has been behaving in prison and no one is going to testify against him at the parole board hearing. so i think if they're fair and they just look at this case, they will parole him. but if they say karma is going to play a role here, they're going to make him sit down. i think most americans want
6:06 pm
to see o.j. stay in prison. i think there is a certain segment of the population that might break down among racial lines that want o.j. loose. and i understand that i'm going to shoot a waters world about this and we will see if that's the case or not. there is also a sixth segment of the population that sells i know he did it, but i still want to see o.j. out. i want to see o.j. in the tabloids. i want to see o.j. on tv because o.j. is a spectacle. unfortunately, if he does get paroled, i think it's going to reopen a lot of racial wounds in this country, unfortunately. and i think o.j. being paroled is probably the only thing that could knock trump out of news cycle for a little while. but trump will probably tweet about it and then the media is going to go bonkers. >> kimberly: he is on parole for trying to get his sports memorabilia back. >> jesse: he claims. >> kimberly: you can't use force to do that. you can't be kept in because you think he murdered his wife and ron goldman. so, this is an entirely
6:07 pm
different fact pattern. and that's what they have to consider, not whether or not their personal beliefs as to whether or not he is guilty of the prior crime. >> juan: this is like a trip down memory lane, kimberly. on thursday this is going to be on all of your television screens. every cable channel. i think the networks may get involved is going to cover this. they will cover it with the intensity you would think it was another trump event. that's the only thing in my lifetime that's comparable to this kind of electrifying personality. here is the criteria that the parole board will be looking at. they will consider his age and as kimberly told you he is 70 years old. so he is getting up there. secondly. >> kimberly: medical convictions. >> juan: violent crime. he didn't hold a gun but violent crime being committed at the time. the third thing, his prior criminal history. if you listen to us talk about, this you would say oh well, of course, what happened to nicole. but the fact is o.j. simpson doesn't have a prior criminal history.
6:08 pm
the final fact that they will consider and i find this amusing, his plan after his release. well, i mean, i guess. >> jesse: is he going to look for the real killers on the golf course. >> juan: you beat me to my. >> jesse: i'm sorry. >> dana: i'm curious about kimberly's recollections. you are in california at the time practicing law. and what do you remember? >> kimberly: i went right in after the o.j. case to the los angeles district attorney as a new prosecutor. i was in the class with the simpson intern. so they had been working on that case. and i was the only person hired that wasn't an intern. and only one that wasn't from the l.a. d.a.'s office. that was interesting. going downtown to try cases at the time and you would see, because of the backlash against the police and everything, you would see like not guilties up on the board. like any case where it had an officer as a main witness, narcotics case, et cetera, very difficult at the time.
6:09 pm
than just the composition of the juries downtown, depending on the different areas. that was one of the things that the d.a.'s office was criticized about is that they didn't try the case where it happened in that particular. >> dana: why was that? >> kimberly: they made a decision to take it downtown to the criminal courts building. high security, et cetera. they actually thought that the jurors down there would be, i think, more likely to convict him. and they grossly miscalculated that. because the civil case was done in the actual area by brentwood and santa monica court. that's where they were able to get the civil, you know, verdict issued against him. so it was quite interesting. i think got an 8% chance in that system people with his similar background in terms of lack of priors, good conduct, nobody is opposing his parole, his age, his medical condition, et cetera. pretty much 82% i think he gets released. >> greg: what could he do? if you think about a lot of
6:10 pm
the characters in this drama are still alive whether you want to talk about marcia clark, judge ito, fuhrman, rosa lopez the maid. kato kaelyn. it's a paid purview reunion panel that could probably blow maywell mcgregor out of the water. >> jesse: i think fox should make some calls on that. >> greg: you had all of them up there and amazing thing to finally get to the truth and get really ugly. >> jesse: maybe on the greg gutfeld show. >> greg: we don't have enough chairs. >> juan: will he have to pay the 33.5 million? >> i think some of the nfl pension is protected. he can't write another book that says what if i did it. >> dana: do you know, kimberly? >> kimberly: that's a judgment still in effect against him. yeah, if he makes some money, he joins like the
6:11 pm
kardashian reality show, who knows. and he makes any money from that, profits, of course they will try to seize and it make sure that they get money put forth to their judgment. that's fair, right? >> juan: that would be good. >> kimberly: president trump is fired up again over his son and the media. that's next. each year sarah climbs 58,007 steps. that's the height of mount everest. because each day she chooses to take the stairs. at work, at home... even on the escalator. that can be hard on her lower body, so now she does it with dr. scholl's orthotics. clinically proven to relieve and prevent foot, knee or lower back pain, by reducing the shock and stress that travel up her body with every step she takes. so keep on climbing, sarah. you're killing it.
6:12 pm
dr. scholl's. born to move. when itrust the brandtburn, doctors trust. nexium 24hr is the number one choice of doctors and pharmacists for their own frequent heartburn. and all day, all night protection. when it comes to heartburn, trust nexium 24hr.
6:13 pm
it's looking up, not down.ng fit's being in motion. boost® high protein it's intelligent nutrition with 15 grams of protein and 26 vitamins and minerals. boost® the number one high protein complete nutritional drink. if you could book a flight, then add a hotel, or car, or activity in one place and save, where would you go? ♪ expedia. you totanobody's hurt, new car. but there will still be pain. it comes when your insurance company says they'll only pay three-quarters of what it takes to replace it. what are you supposed to do? drive three-quarters of a car? now if you had liberty mutual new car replacement™, you'd get your whole car back. i guess they don't want you driving around on three wheels. smart. with liberty mutual new car replacement™, we'll replace the full value of your car.
6:14 pm
liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance.
6:15 pm
>> greg: as the media fans the flames of collusion i asked what about them? meaning what about hillary's dirty tricks? op-ed's scams, the media's role in ignoring all of it. remember blaming benghazi on a video. donna brazile's debate help. the tarmac visit? the secret server? the irs? or how about the left decades of collusion with the ssr. you couldn't swing a deb cabby without hitting a dead traveler in hollywood or academia. how the far left embrace the evil back then and now they hate russia whose military and land mass is nowhere near the size and strength of its oldself. i get it what about that
6:16 pm
argument doesn't excuse donald trump's actions. that's not the point. it's shimplely to show you the chase is driven by politics and not reality it reveals the depth the left goes to win. example, let's say for the past year jesse has been stuffing me in my locker outside the "the five." finally i punch him in the goofy. that's the what about argument. the response is valid after the abuse. that's why america yawns over russia. for them a better explanation exists a nonpolitician donald trump jr. took a meeting unaware of the rules and forgot about it. look, russian meddling is a worry that we raise every single day on "the five." today's duplicity by hysterics who embrace the reds decades ago negates the outrage. you want collusion to matter? ask this: how do we stop it from happening again? that's constructive, which is why the dems and their media nationaller enablers hatet
6:17 pm
jesse, shouldn't the past matter? context? people chasing trump far worse? is that as they say a distraction, a diversification? >> jesse: the reason i stuffed you in the locker is you fit so neatly in that tiny little locker. >> greg: i like it. i sleep in there. >> jesse: democrats are trying to criminalize winning. the only thing trump is guilty of is beating hillary. they want to make beating hillary a crime. now, the reason you use the what about them scenario is because it's the only thing that really challenges the left's integrity. because when you say they are hypothetical critica hypocrd double bias they can say no we're not. their integrity is all they have in order to sell their propaganda. that's all it is a mirage. they use it to masquerade the propaganda. without it, they are broke. i love playing the what about them game. i'm actually quite good at it you stole some of the monologue. i would like to add a few.
6:18 pm
they did use the irs as a weapon to persecute republicans in order to win re-election. they lied about the video in order to win re-election. they said you can keep your healthcare in order to win re-election. that's not even mentioning the fact that they let guns walk into mexico that killed a border patrol guard or let these people hack our military and then commute the guilty people. here's the thing that don jr. didn't do. don jr. didn't destroy evidence. he didn't plead the fifth. he didn't get anybody shot. he didn't break a law so far. he didn't embolden terrorists. so i would like to hear what the media has to say about those charges before they can start convicting him. >> greg: i think that's a fair defense. juan, if you focus on future collusion, that keeps from you talking about the past. is that why the democrats and the media can't move on, they can't about what we should do next because then that forces them to let go of the story? do you follow me, juan? >> i was trying to. >> greg: it's a brilliant comment i made. in fact, i will just skip
6:19 pm
you now. no, go ahead. >> juan: you mean because of the things you mentioned in the past where you had fellow travelers mostly liberal democrats. >> greg: not that they have to he focus on the campaign rather than how to stop it in the future. okay, we agree, if republicans -- we agree, meddling is bad and meddling happened, let's work to prevent that in the future. they will go no, not so fast. we need to focus on the past on the campaign. yuanon. >> juan: that's not true. the head of the committee wrote a letter to the republican cohort saying let's get together, let's create an alliance and stop this from happening in the future. guess what, the republicans said no. >> greg: really? dive not have that information with me. i shall look it up later. >> juan: somehow you justify or validate the idea of this russian probe. but, i mean, my feeling is, by the way, that guess what, trump jr. did obstruct because he didn't reveal his
6:20 pm
email contact. kushner. >> jesse: did he obstruct justice or struck? >> juan: he was not forthcoming with the information. >> jesse: maybe he should have deleted all his emails. >> kimberly: or bleach bit. >> greg: that's a good point, kimberly. >> kimberly: thank you. >> greg: he didn't even bother to hide anything. that's the sign of it. >> juan: didn't know the "new york times" had it. >> greg: if he thought he had done something wrong, aka hillary, he would have destroyed them before that. >> kimberly: if he thought he had done something nefarious. some kind of evidence of specific collusion, yeah he would have destroyed evidence. peachy keen. just go ahead and delete, you know, 30,000 emails. bleach bit, destroy devices, do eg anything couldn't there is a total double standard. all fine. >> juan: running away? >> kimberly: i'm not running
6:21 pm
away. i'm running right into it. it feels good. here's the thing. don jr. is like here is my information. so what if the "new york times" had it or not. he had available because he didn't delete it or try and destroy it or try and get rid of and tamper with evidence, et cetera. so he is being transparent. he has answered questions. okay. he has produced the emails. and he said, you know, regrettably yes he could have handled things a little bit differently. nevertheless, 20 minutes complete waste of time. i think the evidence is showing now that this was a total set up because you look at the woman that he met with and her connections and ties to the democratic party, so i mean, what else is there to say there? it's obvious what happened. >> greg: there is from dana. wrap it up. use your common sense and wisdom. >> dana: put a bow on it. i don't actually buy the conspiracy theory that the democrats set it up for her to go that might come out and then i would -- i don't think there is enough evidence there to say that. [speaking foreign language]
6:22 pm
>> dana: russians were trying to say knock knock is anybody there and they got somebody to say yeah, i'm there i thought about this over the weekend why would i think that? every day in my life i have woken up thinking i'm in trouble with somebody. i wake up and i think even before i got out of bed, why is my dad mad at me? i haven't done anything yet. i have a nose for trouble. and i'm a little bit paranoid. and i also think that the russian government wants to provide information, ding ding ding, don't do that. >> jesse: i thought i had a nose for trouble. >> kimberly: have you a whole body for trouble. >> dana: can i sniff out trouble and stay out of it. >> jesse: let me know what you find. >> dana: big problem for hillary clinton for a long time always believed she was above the law. that's what made the right so mad. what do you think about this? it weakens the argument from the right. the right has taken on the tactic of the left. if that is worth it to win, maybe that's where the movement goes. although i just would like to think we are better than
6:23 pm
that. >> jesse: there is lower the temperature on the media side so you are going to make this into watergate. what about watergate 1, 2, 3, 4.0 the last 8 years. >> dana: i think benghazi was a really good example. we were made fun of for talking about that. no one stood up for the video maker for first amendment rights to make a video. >> kimberly: start talking about it again. >> dana: i want to do it. get that b roll of the burning cars. >> greg: all right. the fastest seven coming up next. ♪ ♪ where are we?
6:24 pm
about to see progressive's new home quote explorer. where you can compare multiple quote options online and choose what's right for you. woah. flo and jamie here to see hqx. flo and jamie request entry. slovakia. triceratops. tapioca. racquetball. staccato. me llamo jamie. pumpernickel. pudding. employee: hey, guys! home quote explorer. it's home insurance made easy. password was "hey guys." it's home insurance made easy. the opioid my doctor prescribed for my chronic back pain backed me up-big time. before movantik, i tried to treat it myself. spent time, money. no go. but i didn't back down. i talked to my doctor. she said: one, movantik was specifically designed for opioid-induced constipation-oic-
6:25 pm
and can help you go more often. number two? with my savings card, i can get movantik for about the same price as the other things i tried. don't take movantik if you have a bowel blockage or a history of them. movantik may cause serious side effects including symptoms of opioid withdrawal, severe stomach pain and/or diarrhea, and tears in the stomach or intestine. tell your doctor about any side effects and about medicines you take. movantik may interact with them causing side effects. don't back down from oic. talk to your doctor about movantik. remember mo-van-tik. if you can't afford your medication, astrazeneca may be able to help.
6:26 pm
i enjoy the fresher things in life. fresh towels. fresh soaps. and of course, tripadvisor's freshest, lowest prices. so if you're anything like me... ...you'll want to check tripadvisor. we now instantly compare prices from over 200 booking sites... ...to find you the lowest price... ...on the hotel you want. go on, try something fresh. tripadvisor. the latest reviews. the lowest prices.
6:27 pm
whuuuuuat?rtgage offer from the bank today. you never just get one offer. go to lendingtree.com and shop multiple loan offers for free! free? yeah. could save thousands. you should probably buy me dinner. no. go to lendingtree.com for a new home loan or refinance. receive up to five free offers and choose the loan that's right for you. our average customer could lower their monthly bills by over three hundred dollars. go to lendingtree.com right now. >> jesse: welcome back. time for the fastest seven minutes on television. three stories, seven minutes. let's go. first up. al gore hasn't given up his global warming films even though dire predictions in
6:28 pm
his first one didn't dom pass. he is now out promoting an inconvenient sequel with some more fuzzy facts. >> we have never had a president who has deliberately made decisions, the effect of which is to tear down america's standing in the world, starting with his withdrawal from the paris agreement, the climate crisis is by far the most serious challenge we face. i went to miami on a sunny day, no rain, and i saw fish from the ocean swimming in the streets in miami beach just because it was a high tide. >> jesse: why didn't gore take a picture of the fish swimming in the streets and put it on the internet or did he invent it? >> greg: the earth was supposed to be gone before the sequel came out. >> jesse: that's right. >> greg: biggest change is al gore. even vocal leaders admit exaggeration is harming their cause and bolstering skepticism. the more you exaggerate a
6:29 pm
cause the more skepticism you create. al gore. the link between climate change and extreme weather is considered weak and very strongly in question if you look at all the data. >> jesse: dana perino? >> dana: well, president trump one thing, maybe one of the only things that could reinvigorate al gore's career. we have seen more of al gore in the last six months than we have in 8 years. and that's because gore did not poke president obama at all when it came to climate change. he didn't say do more. like paris accords were basically totally voluntary so it really meant nothing. and so gore now has reclaim from obama the title of global climate change champion of the world. all he has to do is put out a press release and he will get on tv. >> jesse: juan? >> juan: i think al gore thought that the paris climate deal wasn't sufficient and they weren't doing enough. so he was critical of that. i don't know he made it personal with obama in the way that i think people make it personal with trump because trump has been very
6:30 pm
clear he is not about that. now, last week when he was over for bastille day in paris, apparently emmanuel macron the president was making an effort to try to get president trump to change his mind. but i don't see any evidence of it so far. >> jesse: also not seeing any evidence of global warming. jawnelon no evidence? what happened to that huge glasurglacier thesize of delawae off. >> kimberly: is he making margaritas with it. inclimate witchcraft nonsense for how long now? we weren't supposed to be here to talk about this because mar-a-lago was supposed to be wiped out. like everything. but none of his predictions have come true. very sad for him. but, again, like dana said, is he getting relevance now where is he talking and going crazy about the climate stuff because of president trump. so actually the best thing to happen.
6:31 pm
>> jesse: that's right. all right. on friday we told you kid rock was considering a run for senate. he is apparently not the only celebrity with political ambitions. here is caitlin jenner. >> i have considered it. i like the political side of it. over the next six months or so, i got to find out where i can do a better job. can i do a better job from the outside, kind of working the perimeter of the political scene, being open to, you know, talk to anybody? or are you better off from the inside? and we are in the process of determining that and, yeah, but i would look for, senatorial run. >> jesse: i think caitlin should announce on the are you going gutfeld show. >> greg: i would love that i already got her slogan, caitlin, now there is real change. >> jesse: yes. >> greg: thing is, opportunity for member of lbgt to reframe identity politics as not a rejection -- not as an
6:32 pm
exaggeration of difference but as a celebration of greater community. this has always been the problem in leftist politics and activism is that we keep hammering the divisiveness and how different you are. and this is somebody as a leader could say hey, i'm a conservative. a member of the lbgt. i could like bring people together. so it would actually be refreshing. >> jesse: that would blow people's mind. does caitlin have a shot in california? >> dana: sure she does. the lbgt community has not necessarily embraced her with open arms. imagine if she didn't talk about that at all. i'm going to give one interview about that. that's it. rest of the time talk about taxes and economy and. she would actually probably win. >> jesse: juan? >> juan: i don't think she has any chance in california despite the fact it's liberal la la land. the reality is transgender and gay rights would be the basis. >> dana: that's not what she is saying. >> juan: i think she is saying. remember that one woman who
6:33 pm
sang at the national am them at the inaugural and she said her sister was someone -- she came and said oh i'm so disappointed what president trump. i think caitlin jenner has that feeling. by the way, the rock says he wants to do politics, right? kid rock wants to do it. but you know what? caitlin jenner would be the best athlete of all. >> greg: two rocks and a kid. >> kimberly: i think caitlin should run. obviously very interested in politics. it would be smart of the republican party in california to back her and see what happens with the democrats and the liberals and the lbgtq community and see if they do the right thing and support her. >> jesse: finally big night for game of thrones fan. season seven biggest audience ever. more than 16 million. ♪
6:34 pm
>> jesse: did you watch? >> kimberly: i was busy doing a far better show. >> jesse: okay. right. and juan, did you watch? >> juan: i was at dinner and all of a sudden i realize my family is gone. oh my gosh they thought it was at 10:00. it was at 9:00. that's why everybody went running out of the restaurant. >> jesse: are you a fan or not? >> dana: the only thing i have seen about it is the ben shapiro spoof thing when he was on it. it was funny. >> jesse: you probably hate game of thrones. >> greg: i loved it my favorite part is when kerry ran into mr. big outside of her apartment. made it clear she doesn't want him in her life and has dinner with meranda. >> jesse: that was sex in the city, gutfeld. >> greg: no, that was game of thrones. >> jesse: effort to repeal obamacare back in a moment.
6:35 pm
hey katy, i'm going to go ahead and invade your personal space to run some things by you. it's going to look like i'm listening but i'm actually just paying attention to nugget. cool. i'll pretend you're answering the questions i have. i'll scroll through my feed and avoid making eye contact. i'm just going to keep hovering. wouldn't it be great if everyone said what they meant? hovering away. boo boo boo [making noise at nugget] the citi® double cash card does. only citi lets you earn 1% cash back when you buy, and 1% as you pay. the citi® double cash card. double means double. copdso to breathe better,athe. i go with anoro. ♪go your own way copd tries to say, "go this way." i say, "i'll go my own way" with anoro. ♪go your own way once-daily anoro contains two medicines called bronchodilators, that work together to significantly improve lung function all day and all night. anoro is not for asthma . it contains a type of medicine that increases risk of death in people with asthma.
6:36 pm
the risk is unknown in copd. anoro won't replace rescue inhalers for sudden symptoms and should not be used more than once a day. tell your doctor if you have a heart condition, high blood pressure, glaucoma, prostate, bladder, or urinary problems. these may worsen with anoro. call your doctor if you have worsened breathing, chest pain, mouth or tongue swelling, problems urinating, vision changes, or eye pain while taking anoro. ask your doctor about anoro. ♪go your own way get your first prescription free at anoro.com. ♪ ♪ more kinds of crab than ever, new dishes, and all your favorites. only while crabfest lasts. red lobster. now this is seafood.
6:37 pm
tech: when you schedule with safelite autoglass, you get a text when we're on our way. you can see exactly when we'll arrive. i'm micah with safelite. customer: thanks for coming, it's right over here. tech: giving you a few more minutes for what matters most. take care. kids singing: safelite® repair, safelite® replace. we carry flowers that signifyn why we want to end the disease. and we walk so that one day, there will be a white flower for alzheimer's first survivor. join the fight at alz.org/walk. you're not taking these. hey, hey, hey! you're not taking those. whoa, whoa! you're not taking that. come with me. you're not taking that. you're not taking that. you're not taking that. mom, i'm taking the subaru. don't be late. even when we're not there to keep them safe, our subaru outback will be. (vo) love. it's what makes a subaru, a subaru.
6:38 pm
so we know how to cover almost almoanything.hing even a swing set standoff. and we covered it, july first, twenty-fifteen. talk to farmers. we know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two. ♪ we are farmers. bum-pa-dum, bum-bum-bum-bum ♪
6:39 pm
♪ >> dana: some breaking news tonight. another big set back for the republican effort to repeal and replace obamacare. chief national correspondent ed henry has more on that breaking news tonight. ed? >> well, dana, i just got off the phone with one ever the president wants top advisor who told me this is a blow to the president tonight. they are hopeful they can pick up the pieces either by getting the senate to work on healthcare again after the august recess or perhaps the president will have to go out to the american people and put pressure on senate republicans to come up with a new version after six or seven years of vowing that they would repeal and replace obamacare. tonight, for now at least, it is dead. this news coming because two more republican senators in the last few moments have come out and said they cannot support the current version of the bill. that would be mike lee of utah as well as jerry more ran of kansas. now, you put them on top of the fact that you have had susan collins and rand paul already saying they will not vote for this current version of the bill.
6:40 pm
have you senator john mccain who just had surgery who is out in arizona we all know is not going to be able to come back and vote on any version of this at least for a week or so. that means the republicans are nowhere close to having at least 50 votes to then have vice president mike pence cast the 51st vote for a motion to proceed to at least get to a floor debate on this. all this comes just a few hours after the president made very positive optimistic remarks here at the white house insisting they were very close to a deal. that he still thought they were going to surprise people. what's interesting is this advisor i just spoke to to the president is telling me that the key move is what does the president do next? does he go out on twitter tonight or tomorrow and start lashing out at senate republican leaders who i'm told in private is he very frustrated with, that they haven't been able to get this done. or do they find a way to move forward with them constructively to try to pick up the pieces, dana that. >> dana: thank you, ed. president trump and i were on the same page. optimism believing it was going to happen and you said no, it's not going to happen. turns out you might be
6:41 pm
right. >> jesse: i hate to tap myself on the bark, dana, i'm going to do it. i didn't have a lot of faith in the senate republicans because they didn't show any optimism. you have had, what, seven months to just come up with something. >> dana: seven years. >> jesse: what did they do in the senate dining room. the food is not that great. the gym by the looks of them no one is really working out. they are not allowed to take lunches and dinner anymore because of lobbying rules. what do they do? they have one job, repeal and replace obamacare. and they can't do it. if you are working in the private sector, and have you had all this time to get something done, and then you come into a board meeting and did you go, i got nothing. i mean, those people are out on the street. >> dana: might say you have nothing. kimberly, sometimes for the president or for any president dealt a bad hand and you have to decide how to play it. what do you think will happen tomorrow? >> kimberly: i think it's really frustrating. i know the president is frustrated with the
6:42 pm
situation. a lot has been promised to him and not much delivered. i think this is, you know, a failure on the part of the leadership to be quite honest. because they needed to get this to stick and coalesce and get it done. and i'm mostly sad for the american people. you know. and there were promises made and they have not been delivered on. and they had, you know, all kinds of complaints, all along, about obamacare. night and day complaining and criticizing. and, yet, they can't come together to put something excellent forward to the american people. so that's the problem. >> dana: a lot of people will be living with uncertainty, greg. >> greg: i'm thinking about this and what everybody is saying. whenever we do a segment on healthcare, i get home and i'm sure it happens to you, you get all these emails from doctors and nurses. and i get like 20 emails from people telling me the solution. and it's really, really smart. very practical, and they always very specific good stuff. i keep sitting here going like there is no landing
6:43 pm
page. there is no landing place for these ideas. and i started thinking about stuff like waves which drivers use. they find the quickest route based on accumulation of user data. go into wikipedia and plug in any word, anything shows up. if you put jesse watters, wikipedia. don't do it. the point is,. >> kimberly: the controversy section. >> greg: technology isn't just a device. it's the scope of it. it's the fact that everybody is contributing to it and happens with wikipedia and waves and i get all these emails. there has got to be landing strip for ideas. we are trusting this huge problem to the government which is adearth, it's a dearth of ideas. anyway, i'm not the only one who has thought of that. im. >> dana: juan is, it salvageable for the republicans? >> juan: no, and it hasn't been for a very long time. as you pointed out, dana, seven years. you can go into the wikipedia. you can go on the internet and call up the experts. the experts will say oh, we're republicans.
6:44 pm
we're heritage. we're mitt romney in massachusetts and we want to keep the marketplace alive. we want the insurance companies involved and this is how we can do it, and they have put together this plan. and then obama elm late the plan and republicans playing politics saying we hate it, rehate it. guess what? now according to the polls more than 50% of americans think obamacare needs to stay in place. >> dana: that's because they don't understand what the alternative would be. >> juan: understand it very well. >> dana: chance to regroup. even if they have to do it in september that will be okay. president trump is making all kinds of changes to america's immigration policy. the results are miraculous. according to the head of the border patrol union. that's next. ♪ ♪ experience unparalleled luxury at the lexus golden opportunity sales event before it ends. choose from the is turbo, es 350 or nx turbo
6:45 pm
for $299 a month for 36 months if you lease now. experience amazing at your lexus dealer. i am totally blind. and non-24 can throw my days and nights out of sync, keeping me from the things i love to do. talk to your doctor, and call 844-214-2424. mawhen it comes to helping. her daughter, shopping for groceries, unclogging the sink, setting up dentist appointments and planning birthday parties, nobody does it better. she's also in a rock band. look at her shred. but when it comes to mortgages, she's less confident. fortunately for maria, there's rocket mortgage by quicken loans. it's simple, so she can understand the details and be sure she's getting the right mortgage. apply simply. understand fully. mortgage confidently.
6:46 pm
choicehotels.com. badda book. that's it?. he means book direct at choicehotels.com for the lowest price on our rooms guaranteed. plus earn free nights and instant rewards at check-in. yeah. like i said. book now at choicehotels.com
6:47 pm
6:48 pm
♪ i'm ready to go >> juan: since president trump has taken office, there has been a large drop in the number of people trying to cross illegally into the u.s. due to his strict immigration policy. the head of the national border patrol union calls it, quote, nothing short of miraculous, end quote. he is heaping praise on the president. >> there's a vibe.
6:49 pm
there's an energy in the border patrol that's never been there before. in 20 years that i have been in the patrol, we haven't seen this type of energy. and we're excited because we signed up to do a job, and this president is allowing us to do that job. >> juan: so kimberly, here you have the head of the union praising president trump saying he has brought a new attitude to the border patrol. my question is, those guys are unleashed but they don't have any concern about breaking up families. >> kimberly: oh my gosh. i thought you were going to be legitimate. i thought you were going to be like this is great. things are working. >> jesse: they are not deporting people. >> kimberly: now he is saying that they are mean-spirited. >> juan: i think it's all part of the same thing. >> kimberly: you got to be fair. okay. the point of the matter is, they are saying that this is good. they are actually able to do their job and enforce the law. since when is that a bad thing? even now you have the unions saying they have seen improvement and president
6:50 pm
trump has done a good job but yet, again, you are loathed to, in fact, acknowledge a positive accomplishment. why is that? >> juan: no, because, in fact, it is lower. but it was lower even when obama was in there they hit all-time lows in terms of people crossing the southern border. >> kimberly: now people don't come over because they are afraid the wall. >> juan: in fact president trump unleash additional visas for workers. what do you think of that? >> jesse: i hadn't heard that interesting high tech workers? >> juan: no, no. >> dana: ones that work at mar-a-lago. >> jesse: they work under water? >> dana: i'm for it. i'm for more legal immigration. >> jesse: i know under obama the border patrol is making sandwiches forrism legals. and i will lees under trump is delivering under traffickers. less smuggling, less cartel activity. less illegal border crossing
6:51 pm
and less human traffickers. that's a good thing. on the border, americans on the border want that, juan. that's what i think is what it is about. >> juan: i don't think that but you think that. >> jesse: protecting the american people. >> kimberly: how long did it take to you come up with the knuckle sandwich thing? >> jesse: longer than it would have taken greg. >> juan: also j. kelly doesn't think they can defend the deferred program for people who arrived at children. >> dana: you mean it will go away? >> juan: yes. >> dana: that will be debate that they should have with congress so whatever debate they decide will be more stable and certainty. the supreme court decision because now they have a full nine. i understand the boost in morale. he said they take a job to fulfill a mission. in the last 8 years, that mission had been very mud died. now they feel like the president has their back. ice and the border. so some things are doing too
6:52 pm
much. some things too little. goes back and forth. they do a good job. i'm sure it is refreshing for them to feel like the president is supportive. >> juan: greg, will you give one tenth of your salary to build a wall? >> greg: yes. i didn't know anybody asked. [laughter] you know what, everybody in their lives have had a job that was soul destroying. it's always soul destroying because the boss didn't tell what you to do. usually young had a boss show up and sit at your desk. i had a job like that. so when you get a new boss, who just says to you do your job, it is invigorating and it gives you purpose. and it goes back to what i have said before about trump is that he may not need a wall. he is the wall. simply invoking these changes is enough to make a difference. and it is happening. and central america the traffickers can no longer get customers. and the wall is not even there. >> kimberly: border patrol
6:53 pm
used to sue president obama and his administration. now the rule of law has returned to the united states. >> juan: i think it's a good point. one more thing up next. when you have moderate to severe ulcerative colitis, the unpredictability of a flare may weigh on your mind. thinking about what to avoid, where to go, and how to work around your uc. that's how i thought it had to be. otherwiseel
6:54 pm
6:55 pm
type 2 diabetes with fitness, food and the pill that starts with f. farxiga, along with diet and exercise, helps lower blood sugar in adults with type 2 diabetes. lowering a1c by up to 1.2 points. do not take if allergic to farxiga. if you experience symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, such as rash, swelling, difficulty breathing or swallowing, stop taking and seek medical help right away. do not take farxiga if you have severe kidney problems, are on dialysis, or have bladder cancer. tell your doctor right away if you have blood or red color in your urine or pain while you urinate. farxiga can cause serious side effects including dehydration, genital yeast infections in women and men, serious urinary tract infections, low blood sugar, and kidney problems. stop taking farxiga and call your doctor right away if you have signs of ketoacidosis which is serious and may lead to death.
6:56 pm
ask your doctor about the pill that starts with f and learn how you can get farxiga for free. if you can't afford your medication, astrazeneca may be able to help. but prevagen helps your brain with an ingredient originally discovered... in jellyfish. in clinical trials, prevagen has been shown to improve short-term memory. prevagen. the name to remember. ♪ >> kimberly: it's time now for one more thing. delight us, greg. >> greg: my childhood hero growing up past away martin alan do you was 89. anybody who walls my age grew up watching mission
6:57 pm
impossible. martin alan do you was an amazing character he was always in disguise. mission impossible. gadgets, disguises, barbara bain, peter lupus. had you greg morse and peter graves and martin landau. disguises when you were a kid. trick kerry was enchanting. you always wanted to be able to do that. s that ha what was so great. he left mission imimpossible and replaced by leonard lemoy. turned down "star trek." >> kimberly: that was pretty fantastic. juan? >> juan: did you see this on friday? president bush and president clinton, who are friends by the way, spoke together at the bush library in class and without mentioning president trump by name they said the most important quality for a president is humility. i agrew, humility is great but today, folks, i am far from humble. i am bursting with pride because the event where the president spoke was a 2017
6:58 pm
graduation for 60 members of the presidential leadership scholars program and one of the graduates, no other than my son tony. here's the class photo of all the graduates. you can see mrs. laura bush there, presidents clinton and bush. tony is right there in the center. shear a closer look. cue see him on the right-hand side. there he is on stage with the two presidents. >> dana: he sent you a lot of pictures. antonio, so proud of from you dad. >> kimberly: handsome man. >> dana: golden retriever named storm known for rescue of baby deer. the storm jumped into long island sound, rescued the off and on. broughfawn and nudged it to make sure it was alive. the deer ran back into the water again. it was rescued by the strong island rescue. now the fawn is recovering from ticks and eye injury at local animal shelter. amazing dog. >> kimberly: i love that one more thing.
6:59 pm
>> jesse: another dog video. >> kimberly: yesterday i had the pleasure of being on my friend's show steve hilton he had a surprise for me kimberly food court. take a look. >> so what is the verdict, kimberly? >> kimberly: oh my god, i give it a 10 and so did the russian judge. >> very juicy, steve. i suggest you wear a bibs. >> kimberly: so delicious. called impossible burger. it tastes like meat and looks like meat. actually made of beats and other things. dana and i were talking about it we have to do taste test here to see if the crew can decide, figure it out. lots of fun. >> jesse: my sister, younger, eliza was just appointed to be a member of the marshall selection committee. she was a marshall scholar years ago and marshall scholarships are named after george marshall, former secretary of state and only 40 americans each year are allowed to be a marshall
7:00 pm
scholar. they go over to oxford. they study. they get all these fancy degrees and i get to go visit over there at oxford. >> dana: amazing. good job. >> kimberly: set your dvrs so you never miss an episode of the five. hannity next. >> sean: this is a fox news alert. welcome to hannity tonight. a major update in the hannity investigation into the left's massive double standard on election interference. we have newt gingrich, jay sekulow, monica crowley will all be here with reaction. first, finally the political left the destroy trump media are waking up to what we have been telling you few for months. now, we are forcing them to cover stories that they have been ignoring. that is tonight's very important opening monologue. ♪ >> sean: if you watch this program you know unlike the destroy trump media, the establishment media all group think and think alike every day. we think the truth is important and that you, the american people, you deserve to know what's really going

69 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on