Skip to main content

tv   Hannity  FOX News  September 19, 2017 7:00pm-8:00pm PDT

7:00 pm
>> kimberly: thank you dr. pollock for helping my sinuses. never miss an episode of "the five." tomorrow, we are at 9:00. but on monday, we are back at 5:00. "hannity" is next. >> sean: many thanks to all our friends on "the five." welcome to "hannity." we are following two big major news stories. president trump is vindicated in the liberal mainstream media is caught in a major lie and even a bigger cover-up according to it explosive new report. paul manafort was wiretapped by the fbi before and after the election. plus, president trump restores american leadership on the world stage. he gives a powerful profound speech to the u.n. commander-in-chief earlier today stood up for american values and issued a very stern warning to north korea and he did put the iranian regime on notice. he also promised to defeat radical islamic terrorism.
7:01 pm
we have that and so much more into nights breaking news opening monologue. president trump it has been proven right about wiretapping. guess what? the all-knowing holier-than-thou destroy trump propaganda media has been caught in a massive lie and a major cover-up. the mainstream media has been misleading all of you, the american people for months and months about this story. we will once again do their job and set the record straight so you have the facts. according to the new report, former trump campaign chairman paul manafort was in fact wiretapped by the fbi under fisa court warrants before and after the 2016 election. according to reporting, the fbi was monitoring manafort over concerns that he was communicating with "russian operatives." what's more disturbing is that manafort was under surveillance earlier this year when he was known to be communicating with president trump president trump. manafort earlier tonight put out
7:02 pm
a statement and is demanding an investigation into how this information was leaked to the press and also calling for the obama administration surveillance of a political opponent to be investigated also. also tonight, the doj did say earlier this month there was no evidence that president trump was directly targeted for surveillance but they did not specify if the president was incidentally caught up in this manafort wiretapped. for all of you lazy overpaid ideological liberal mainstream media people out there, you have now been exposed to the frauds you are. yet again. as we've been saying, the pious press is not interested in reporting the truth. in fact, the only care about spearing and delegitimizing president trump in this is more evidence. after president trump tweeted back in march, march 4th that he was wiretapped by president obama or people in the administration, the destroy-trump-media lost it.
7:03 pm
they were viciously mocking and attacking him. watch this. >> the bottom line is and always has been there is no evidence that donald trump was wiretapped by barack obama. it was and continues to be alive. >> our conspiracy theory president is added again. whenever something like this happens, i wonder what are the presidents sources of information? where is he getting beat ideas? >> now we know as well by the fbi director. they are all saying it did not happen. the president is calling all three of those individuals liars. >> i don't think they are taking seriously enough how devastating this is to the american system for one president to say my predecessor wiretapped me. >> we've been living in through the trump campaign and onto this hour this alternative reality. >> the way donald trump seems to think about what a president can do, it feels very nixonian. he is a very much inflated view
7:04 pm
about a president's powers. for him to believe in theory that the election is ongoing and tap the opponent of his preferred candidate. >> trump's mind is a little bit of a mystery to me. >> sean: the conspiracy theory media lies to you yet again. this is not surprising. considering the left-wing media is like an echo chamber. they all find one topic to attack the president on and they repeat and repeat the same talking points. this is beyond pathetic, predictable, and frankly dangerous in a lot of ways. the media was going after president trump. on this program, we tried to find out the truth. this was march 4th when the president tweeted. on march 8th on this program, circa news sara carter and john solomon were reporting that trump's communications could in fact have been caught up in this fisa warrant that was in october. we are ahead of the curve. here's what sara carter told us back then.
7:05 pm
>> there was a separate fisa -- an overall fisa. i don't have as much information. that fisa with a general fisa that covered the whole russian hacking investigation. what we don't know is who is connected to that fisa. what was that fisa looking at and that is very highly classified. nobody wants to talk about that particular fisa right now. there's a distinction between a fisa and i wiretapping. they did tap. they were looking. >> sean: the truth was staring all these so-called journalists in the face the entire time. they never followed up on that story. sara carter and john solomon did all the legwork. it doesn't fit their narrative. there ideological agenda. they would just rather repeat each other's lies in conspiracy theories and report the facts and explain what's really going on. something you deserve. after breaking this story, some of the anchors over at the fake news network cnn even now --
7:06 pm
they finally are having to start to admit that president trump was right the entire time. after march 4th, take a look. >> it sounds like the president was right. if paul manafort has a residence in trump tower and paul manafort was being surveilled and wiretapped, trump tower was wiretapped. >> no it was not. i'm sorry. >> how do you know? >> i don't know but what we know so far does not indicate the trump tower -- my lines as he put it was unless you are saying he owned every single thing in trump tower -- >> that is what he's saying. >> we all remember the tweets on march 4th. terrible, just found out that obama had my wires tapped and just before the victory. this is mccarthyism. he continued how low has president obama gone to tap my phones during the very sacred election process? this is nixon's watergate.
7:07 pm
she was derided for this. but mark, is he somehow vindicated tonight? >> sean: when will other members of the establishment the stretcher media, when will they come forward and admit they had it wrong? there is a very important fact in the story that cannot be ignored. that's obama's former director of national intelligence james clapper, he denied on "meet the press" back in march that there was ever any wiretapping of president trump or his campaign. he also said there was no evidence of a fisa court warrant. listen to what he says. watch this. >> for the part of the national security apparatus that i oversaw as dni, there was no such wiretapped activity mounted against the president-elect at the time, as a candidate or against his campaign. >> there is no fisa court order. >> not of my knowledge. >> of anything at trump tower? >> no. >> sean: wrong and shocking. trump needs to be held in front
7:08 pm
of congress and he needs to testify under oath about everything he knows and how he went on television and said something that's not true. guess what? he doesn't appear to be telling the truth yet again in the clip we just showed you. it's inexcusable. i hope tonight the attorney general of the united states jeff sessions is watching the american people deserve to know the truth. the mainstream establishment media is no longer in the truth telling business. all right, also tonight president trump stepped on the world stage earlier today at the u.n. and wasted very little time in confronting the very many dangers america in the world is now facing even in our time. president trump took direct aim at north korea for its continued aggression and issued a direct warning to dictators to be 27 and his rogue regime. take a look at this. >> the united states has great strength and patience. but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally
7:09 pm
destroy north korea. rocket man is on a suicide mission for himself. and for his regime. it's time for north korea to realize that the denuclearization is it's only acceptable future. >> sean: what a difference a president makes. president trump did not stop with north korea. he also focused on radical islamic mullahs in tehran and the disastrous iranian nuclear deal. look at this. >> we cannot abide by an agreement if it provides cover for the eventual construction of a nuclear program. the iran deal was one of the worst and most one-sided transactions the united states has ever entered into. frankly, that deal is an embarrassment to the united states and i don't think you've heard the last of it.
7:10 pm
believe me. >> sean: that deal is an embarrassment to the united states and we've not heard the last of it. this is what leading on the world stage actually looks like. president trump refused to appease and capitulate to countries like iran and the hate america crowd in north korea. countries that want to see israel wiped off the map. president trump is receiving very high praise for his very bold and direct address. the israeli prime minister benjamin netanyahu says it was the most bold, courageous speech he's ever heard at the united nations. president trump also outlined his plan to defeat radical islamic terrorism and called on other countries to ramp up their efforts in that fight. modern-day evil. i've got to say, it's beyond refreshing and encouraging to have a president who is not afraid to call out radical islamic terrorism by name. remember, only a couple years ago president obama did the exact offset at the u.n. for some, yes. for many, no.
7:11 pm
during the major speech, president trump defended american sovereignty by declaring he as president will always put america first. later in the program, we will have ambassador john bolton and an exclusive interview, the president of egypt -- he's been extremely courageous in battling and identifying radical islamic terrorist. but first joining us now, the author of "the new york times" number one best seller of understanding trump, fox news contributor, former speaker of the house. newt gingrich. he has an online course called defending america. good to see you. >> i thought the historic speech that president trump made today was really about defending america but it was also about defending the right of every country to be a sovereign nation. truly, a remarkable speech. fourth-grade speech of his presidency. i think it sets the stage for a real debate worldwide about globalism versus sovereign
7:12 pm
nations who work together but they work together as independent countries. not a some kind of a global as internationalism. >> sean: democrats are ripping this as bombastic and dangerous. i'm looking at the words of the speech. he says okay, he reiterated his commitment to america first. to his people, citizens, to serve their needs and ensure their safety. preserve their right. as president, i've always put america first. he takes on north korea. firing missiles over japan. almost on a weekly basis. he takes on radical islam and radical mullahs in iran saying they can't get nukes. why am i having a hard time understanding the criticism here? >> well, i think your we orderew and mind are so radically different from the appeasement of the radical left. this is a dangerous speech on every level.
7:13 pm
it's a dangerous speech. when he says he wants to put america first, he expects to have other countries but their nations first. if the leader of britain or germany or leader of china -- if they are not putting their own country first, they are not doing their duty to their people. out of that, you've got to negotiate and come together. i thought it was a very compelling speech. >> sean: mad dog mattis, general matta said the u.s. may have a secret weapon to neutralize north korea. why are you laughing? when he was pressed further, he said well, i don't want to get into it. he was talking about kinetic options. what in your opinion, is not a clue as to what might be the option you are talking about? >> first of all, he's been going around very methodically talking to our missile command and expecting our icbms. the strategic command.
7:14 pm
i don't know any secrets and i deliberately have avoided clearance because i do so much television but let me tell you -- open sources. boeing has developed a hypersonic miscible that literally knocks out all of the communications, all of the computers as it passes over at headquarters. for example, we have a variety of cyber weapons that we normally don't talk about and we never use because we don't want other people to know we have them. i think there's a terrific scene in "gladiator" when russell crowe says when you see the signal, unleash hell. i think general mattis is orchestrating -- he is very methodically organizing the ability -- if he has to. he doesn't want to. he's not a guy that believes in taking giant risks but if he has to, i think he's prepared to take enormous steps to disarm north korea and to do so in ways
7:15 pm
that most people would not know we are capable of. >> sean: oh, that would be. i'm saying there are no good options. that, to me, would be a very good option. >> imagine you wake up sb 27 and your telephone doesn't work. and your radio did not work. you wake up sb 27. your generals weren't in contact with each other. kim jong un. because everything had suddenly been stopped. whether or not we could do 100%, i am not sure. i have a hunch we could do a lot and i think that we have had very smart people work this problem for very many years and it's one of the reasons i was proud that there was was a huge bipartisan majority, because it's a signal that now we are coming together as americans, not democrats or republicans. you're saying to the world that we will do what we have to do to defend ourselves. >> sean: big time. let me go back to march 4th of
7:16 pm
this year when the president pointed out and tweeted out that he was being wiretapped. we now found out that in fact, the president was right. we did as i said in my opening monologue, we talked about this on march 8th. sara carter and john solomon broke the story. fisa warrants. we know what happened. there's a bigger, broader issue here of the unprecedented amount of surveillance of the political opposition candidate. unmasking of people. in the case of general flynn, leaking intelligence. then you have people like samantha powers, the u.n. rep unmasking up to 300 people. most of them trump people. and then susan rice. have to ask yourself what is going on here? how dangerous is this to the for the moment from your perspective? >> look, if you take all the different ways in which the obama justice department was abusing the system, abusing it
7:17 pm
on the one hand to defend hillary clinton, abusing it on the other hand to go after republicans in people over trump -- this is a radically bigger scandal than anything about russia. here you have an administration which deliberately was going after political figures. on the other hand, liberally defending its own political figures. this may be the most egregious abuse of the criminal justice process in american history. it's truly extraordinary and nobody yet has put it altogether and i am hoping that congress is now going to realize and you said it well in your opening monologue -- was general clapper not informed that there was a fisa warrant or the general clapper lie about the fisa warrant? there are a whole series of these things that come out of these reports and we take the totality. they are quite astonishing. it goes back to the point i make
7:18 pm
in the course on defending america. the country that you and i know is under siege by a deep state which illegally wants to create a very different america and is willing to break the wall and a abuse the law. >> sean: i totally agree. thank you for being with us. when we come back, leaking surveillance, unmasking, what's going on ? gregg jarrett and monica crowley are here on more of this explosive report. paul manafort's phone was wiretapped in the media did lie to you. reaction to the president's hard-hitting address at the u.n. and i have an announcement and some good news at the end of the show. straight ahead. i think how much i can do to help change people's lives. i may not benefit from those breakthroughs, but i'm sure going to... i'm bringing forward a treatment for alzheimer's disease, yes,
7:19 pm
in my lifetime, i will make sure. are upgrading their watere filter to zerowater. start with water that has a lot of dissolved solids... pour it through brita's two-stage filter... dissolved solids remain! what if we filter it over and over? oh dear. thank goodness zerowater's five-stage filter gets to all zeroes the first time. so maybe it's time to upgrade. get more out of your water. get zerowater.
7:20 pm
when i was too busy with the kids to get a repair estimate. i just snapped a photo and got an estimate in 24 hours. my insurance company
7:21 pm
definitely doesn't have that... you can leave worry behind when liberty stands with you™ liberty mutual insurance.
7:22 pm
>> sean: welcome back to "hannity." former trump campaign chairman paul manafort was wiretapped by the u.s. government before and after the presidential election. on this new information, does it vindicate with the president tweeted out on march 4th about wiretapping? joining us now, gregg jarrett has a new op-ed entitled "sessions should resign but not before taking action against clinton, comey, and race. also joining us is monica crowley. let me start with you. the media is so wrong. again. the president has no facts, no
7:23 pm
truth. we reported this on this program on march 8th. we were right, they were wrong. cnn reports it but they don't admit every one their reports with dead wrong. when do they ever take responsibility for fake news false reporting? >> don't hold your breath on that one. i've long said that with this president, there's almost always a method to his madness. almost. not always but almost always. at a time when he put out that tweet that he and trump tower were wiretapped by the obama administration and by surrogates, all hell broke loose. i kept warning my liberal friends. do not jump all over this. obviously the president knows that something that we don't. now it is clear according to this report that at least paul manafort who by the way not only worked at trump tower but lived at trump tower was under surveillance by the government. let's not get too far ahead of ourselves because we don't know
7:24 pm
what the surveillance turned up. we don't know whether manafort's conversations with the president were in fact intercepted as part of the surveillance. and we don't know what robert mueller's end game might be. we don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves but it does look like in fact the president knew what he was talking about and was correct when he put out that tweet. >> sean: it rightly, gregg jarrett, obviously surveillance took place. manafort says hey, release them. we've discussed in detail all of the issues involving intercepts, leaking, unmasking. why would samantha powers and susan rice and ben rhodes -- to the extent, they are spying on an opposition candidate. here's my broader question. assuming all of that is true, now we are back in a situation which goes with your column today. 11 months of russia, russia, russia. no evidence and now they have
7:25 pm
investigative -- all of these issues in crimes that you laid out so systematically in your column today, that explain -- where's jeff sessions? i've always liked senator sessions. where is he doing his job? >> he's spent setting the seves attorney general. failures to act where action is demanded. he's done nothing about james comey or hillary clinton or susan rice. you can appoint a special counsel to do it. second special counsel. you can't count on mueller to investigate comey for example. he hasn't done it. i argue that he's not just been unproductive and ineffectual, he's proven to be incompetent. i hate to say that. i really do. he's a very fine man. he's a good u.s. senator. >> sean: is a possible he's doing all these things and we don't know about it yet? >> we would know about if he's doing them. as they argued in my column,
7:26 pm
he's either ignoring them or twiddling his thumbs or both. something has to be done. >> sean: now you need senate approval. >> you could appoint an acting attorney general, anybody who has been confirmed in any branch including the justice department. there are plenty of people who could serve as acting attorney general until a permanent one is named. there are plenty of options here but sessions needs to do the right thing. >> sean: thanks. when you come back and backward, former ambassador to the u.n. john bolton has reacted to the president's speech to the united nations from earlier today. you have a big announcement and good news to share with you. at the end of the show. straight ahead.
7:27 pm
7:28 pm
7:29 pm
(con artists...) they'll try anything to get your medicare card number. so they can steal your identity, commit medicare fraud. what can you do? guard your card? guard your card? just like your credit card. nobody gets my number, unless i know they should have it. to protect your identity, new medicare cards without social security numbers will be mailed next year. visit medicare.gov/fraud stay sharp people! ♪ never stop ♪ never ( ♪ ) ♪ over your head... she needs to go to college. i don't know how we'll do it.
7:30 pm
♪ never stop ( ♪ ) ♪ 'til we get there ♪ ( ♪ ) ♪ 'til we get there ♪ ( ♪ ) people spend less time lying awake with aches and pains with advil pm than with tylenol pm. advil pm combines the number one pain reliever with the number one sleep aid. gentle, non-habit forming advil pm. for a healing night's sleep. we are the tv doctors of america, and we may not know much about medicine, but we know a lot about drama. we also know that you can avoid drama by getting an annual check-up. so go, know, and take control of your health. it could save your life. cigna. together, all the way. >> fox news alert. i am jackie ibanez. a powerful earthquake shaking central mexico killing at least
7:31 pm
130 people. the 7.1 magnitude, you can see the mayor of mexico city. four different buildings collapsed in the capital alone. a traveler killed 90 people last week in the country's health it happened on the 1985 anniversary of an earthquake that killed thousands. people living in wooden or clumsy homes are urged to seek shelter or risk losing their lives. hurricane maria packing 175-mile-per-hour winds. the national hurricane center said it could grow even stronger. the storm has already left widespread damage across the caribbean islands. one person died on the french island of guadalupe. i am jackie ibanez. now, back to "hannity." >> sean: >> it's far past time e nations of the world to confront another reckless regime.
7:32 pm
one that speaks openly of faster murder, failing death to america, distraction to israel, and ruined for many leaders and nations in this room. the iranian government masks a corrupt dictatorship behind the false guise of a democracy. >> sean: his speech at the united nations from earlier today where he condemned the rogue regime in iran. joining us now, former u.s. ambassador to the u.n., john bolton. abc -- fake news, the first reaction is oh, my gosh, this is bordering on a threat of war crimes by the president. then democrat saved bombastic and dangerous. one adult who has been on the world stage and understood evil in our time, prime minister netanyahu from israel. he said in over 30 years i've been listening to speeches at the u.n., in my experience, i've never heard a bolder and more courageous speech. the president spoke the truth about the dangers that face this
7:33 pm
world. those my interpretation. obviously a little different than the corrupt media and the democrats. >> i thought it was a great speech. in particular, the way he addressed the nuclear threat of north korea and iran. it was outstanding. you cannot be a great statesman, you cannot lead the united states unless you face reality. the reality that president trump faces is they are no good options because in 25 years of mishandling north korean and iranian threats -- he put it right to the people in that hallway of the general assembly. why these threats need to be dealt with. >> sean: it's funny, earlier he said it was the best beat in his presidency. i asked newt, what about this kinetic option? he gave a good explanation about military capabilities most americans have no knowledge of. which they shouldn't. i should not know about it.
7:34 pm
but, if the speaker described it correctly -- where we could wipe out all communications and everything that it rocket man kim jong un as the president calls him has at his avail, that to me would be the one good option that nobody is talking about. true or false? >> true. the president expressly, he meant it for iran else also. that the nuclear visitation is the only option. that is to save your not going to live going forward with either of these countries having a nuclear capability. so they can either give it up voluntarily which is not going to happen, that's what the last 25 years proves or we can change the regime and there are possible ways of doing that or we are going to deal with nuclear weapons through military force. the concern specifically with respect to north korea about the use of force is the retaliation that north korea might undertake. i think a large part of the planning that has gone on at the
7:35 pm
pentagon before it is going on now is how you minimize north korea's capability to retaliate. the president's job -- we are very concerned about north kore north korea, south korea and japan. but the president has to be concerned about american citizens first. that's the lesson that comes out of this speech. it's very clear that his objective is to d nuclear rise these two countries. time is running out to do it peacefully. >> sean: i don't know how any american can be against putting their security first. ambassador, good to see you. great advice. when we come back at, former governor mike huckabee is here and later, i sat down with the egyptian president, el-sisi, to have an exclusive interview about radical islam. you don't want to miss this.
7:36 pm
7:37 pm
7:38 pm
i just saved thousands on my loan at lendingtree.com. in less than a minute, i found out how much home i can afford. i like how you shop for loans the same way you shop for flights online. i didn't realize at lendingtree you can save money on almost any sort of loan. i consolidated my credit card debt with a personal loan. i found a new credit card with 0% interest for 15 months. you just shop, compare, and save. and it's all free. go to lendingtree right now and start saving.
7:39 pm
>> the united states will forever be a great friend to the world and especially to its allies. we can no longer be taken advantage of or enter into a one-sided deal where the united states gets nothing in return. >> sean: more of the president's speech at the u.n. today. mike huckabee, it really is an amazing compare contrast. it's not an apology. it's not appeasement. it's a direct -- it's a direct response to the evil of this
7:40 pm
generation. and the fact that people on the left don't appreciate that, i'm trying to understand what it is that they want because bribing kim jong un's father did not work. bribing the mullahs in iran will not work. and anything short of appeasement, they seem to find offensive. your reaction? >> his speech that today was bd a mark of clarity. this was not on rally. it was not a rally would give in phoenix or springfield, illinois, or even missouri. this was directly to people who did not like him and did not want to hear his message. he said it to their face. this was a gutsy speech. it vindicated everything people had tried to say about him and it validated him as a world leader who deserves to be on that stage. i thought it was a brilliant speech and i frankly think that when he called little kim rocket
7:41 pm
man, that was a very powerful moment. he didn't try to go up and play the role of the diplomat because diplomacy sometimes is a bunch of people pretending to be polite. he just spoke to him. >> sean: q elton john. music that can accompany that line. it's also him being him which is so important for anyone to be successful. you have to be yourself. i want to go to the other issued, the top story tonight. we did learn the president was right back in march. early march. he said trump tower was being surveilled. we reported that on the eighth. we had incontrovertible evidence. now the media is reporting what we are saying back then as it relates to him manafort. we give credit to our intelligence community, we give them the most powerful weapons to fight back against the evil in our time. if they weapon eyes -- if they use these weapons against the
7:42 pm
american people, we will have no fourth amendment rights and no constitution. because that means they are surveilling the american people. they're not getting a warrant. it's illegal search and seizure. we keep hearing about it again and again with the surveillance, unmasking and leaking of intelligence. no one seems to be dealing with it. that to me is privacy 101. whatever your political orientation, you should agree this is paramount in this country. >> you really should. every american should be scared to death that their own government would use all of its resources, its unlimited resources to come after a private citizen because they have an agenda toward that private citizen. not because i private citizen has given probable cause of having committed some sort of crime. but because that private citizen represents a political point of view that is not one in keeping with whoever it is that is running the government at the moment. rather to the right or to the
7:43 pm
left. we lose this great republic if that should become the norm in this country. we cannot let it happen. >> sean: governor, good to see you. when we come back, yesterday i sat down with the egyptian president el-sisi. i asked him how do we come combat radical islam. in a big announcement and a little bit of good news, straight ahead. you've thought about it, dreamt about it, maybe you should just go ahead and do it. we're legalzoom, and we've helped over a million people just like you start their own businesses. legalzoom. legal help is here.
7:44 pm
whether it's connecting one of or bringing wifi to 65,000 fans. campuses. businesses count on communication, and communication counts on centurylink.
7:45 pm
7:46 pm
7:47 pm
>> sean: welcome back to "hannity." the egyptian president addressed the united nations yesterday and i sat down with president el-sisi to talk about how his country is helping to fight radical islamic terrorism and much more. i think you will find this interesting. mr. president, a great honor to have you. >> thank you, thank you very much. >> sean: thank you. you took one of the most courageous stance i have had on the world stage in regards to radical islam. you gave a speech and it was translated and we were talking about the islamic world and the destruction of the rest of the world and you said -- he raised a question. you said is a possible that 1.6 billion muslims should want to kill the rest of the world inhabitants? 7 billion, so they themselves may live? impossible. and then you said islam needs a religious revolution.
7:48 pm
i want you to go into that further. explain. >> i was talking about the false ideas that misrepresent this religion. i was talking about such steps of ideology. they can be adopted by some people which led to what we can see around -- because terrorism and extremism -- being practiced by some and the extremist organizations, they are misinterpretations of such religion. when we talk about rectifying -- it means we want to filter the false ideology and misconception of those who follow it. so we don't see what we see happening around us.
7:49 pm
>> sean: in this city, i grew up in new york. i've lived around the rest of the united states -- we lost 3,000 people. it led to a big war on terror. does the world -- the people of this world need to unite against modern-day evil? that is radical islam. would you like to see that? >> the extremist ideology is not the only thing -- the extremist organizations as well. we need to confront those in the arab islamic world and the whole world community. we all need to stand firm in the strategy against these, with military security. confrontation. there needs to be one with a lot of other components.
7:50 pm
economic, social, cultural. in addition to security and military components of this confrontation. >> sean: when you indoctrinate children into believing they are doing the work of a creator, of allah come out whatever the religion -- when they kill innocents, men, women, and children, how is it possible to get to the root cause of it? one of the things i liked about your speech, you addressed the radicalism had on. i think there's been a cowardice almost when it comes to saying radical islamic terror. in this country, people that say radical islamic terrorism are criticized. does that surprise you? >> witticism, criticism is normal with any idea. if the idea has been proposed --
7:51 pm
let me tell you, i want you to imagine this. and one in 1,000 people from the 1.6 billion muslims becomes radicalized, how many radicalizd people would be in the world? 100 billion? this is a hypothetical number but let me explain, we don't want to tarnish all muslims with one brush because of the malpractices of some. some extremists. again, i am saying confrontation cannot be confined to new york or the united states. but we in our part of the world, we have borne the brunt of this extremism and terrorism and for many years, not only from the left -- the most people who paid the highest price.
7:52 pm
>> sean: that is true, more muslims have been killed by radical muslims than any other group. i can see the point. you yourself had to take military action with the death of 21 coptic egyptian christians dealing with isis in libya at the time. you took strong military steps. it would be good in my view if the world would recognize the radicalism and confront it. fair? >> absolutely. i want to say this was the first time when we deployed our troops outside the territory of egypt to attack these elements. when that slaughter took place. in egypt, leadership for the whole nation, it could just sleep at night.
7:53 pm
without retaliating. >> sean: you took it a step further. your country for example recognizes the muslim brotherhood, you designated it. i agree with you. as a terrorist organization, you have asked the united states to similarly designate this as a terror organization. there's been resistance in the united states like there was resistance to identifying radical islamists. why do you think there's this resistance to just identify those people that would commit evil in our time against innocent men, women and children? >> united states of the great country. it's a superpower in the world. it has different shades of ideology and the united states has its own perspective. maybe it takes more time on the part of the united states until they recognize that the extremist organizations have bad
7:54 pm
impacts. not only in the united states but in the whole world. the united states is responsible not only for the safety and well-being of americans but of the whole world. i'm asking the people to ponder at the extremism and a standard unified as one, with whatever the names are, these are different names of the same entity. >> sean: when we come back, i have some good news and a big announcement. i hope you will stay with us. ic, but we know a lot about drama. we also know that you can avoid drama by getting an annual check-up. so go, know, and take control of your health. it could save your life. cigna. together, all the way.
7:55 pm
7:56 pm
it could save your life. ostriches don't really stick their heads in the sand. a peanut is not a nut. and a real john deere... is actually real affordable. you learn something new every day. the surprisingly affordable john deere e series tractors.
7:57 pm
now you can own america's tractor for just $99 a month. learn more at your john deere dealer. 3 toddlers won't stop him.. and neither will lower back pain. because at a dr. scholl's kiosk he got a recommendation for our custom fit orthotic to relieve his foot, knee, or lower back pain, from being on his feet. dr. scholl's. born to move. with toothpaste or plain water. and even though their dentures look clean, in reality they're not. if a denture were to be put under a microscope, we could see all the bacteria that still exists on the denture, and that bacteria multiplies very rapidly. that's why dentists recommend cleaning with polident every day. polident's unique micro clean formula works in just 3 minutes, killing 99.99% of odor causing bacteria. for a cleaner, fresher, brighter denture every day.
7:58 pm
>> sean: welcome back to hannity. i have some good news. pretty excited to announce that i am an executive producer of my first movie. "let there be light" ," a movie that everybody can see.
7:59 pm
just one picture. here's a preview of the movie, take a look. speak out when you discover that everything you believe is a lie, or do you find the truth? >> would you consider consulting a different source? >> you come to me and say pastor benny, what does let there be lightning? >> what if it's a simple as thi this. >> this ain't brain surgery. >> i've never exactly heard it but that way. do you believe that god hears? >> sean: i don't play a big role. it's been two years in the making, very, very proud of this project that i've been a part of and we will soon be announcing where the theaters are. it will debut in theaters on october 27th and we will tell you when and where you can go watch it. we hope you all enjoyed and your whole family can go. that's all the time we have left this evening. as always thank you for being with us. don't forget, next monday back to our old time slot, at
8:00 pm
9:00 p.m., 6:00 pacific and let's just say we have a few surprises next week. hope you'll join us then, hope you will join us tomorrow night, have a great evening. ♪ >> tucker: well, good evening and welcome to "tucker carlson tonight." last spring, president trump drove official washington into hyper ventilation by claiming the obama administration had wiretapped members of his campaign staff in his office at trump tower prior to the last election. not everything the president says on twitter is factually accurate, but to anyone who has been in washington for a while, that claim didn't seem crazy or even really that unlikely, that sort of thing does happen here and everybody knows it. imagine now confusing it was to see a parade of washington figures leap forward to denounce trump's claim is not just untrue but insane. speaker of the house paul

143 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on