Skip to main content

tv   Tucker Carlson Tonight  FOX News  October 13, 2017 8:00pm-9:00pm PDT

8:00 pm
he's a deep thinker, unlike me. by the way, if you have some time, andrew jackson. the miracle of new orleans. two weeks. let's take a wide shot and a stare at me from your television. [laughter] ♪ >> tucker: good evening and welcome to tucker carlson tonight. here is something we have been wondering about avidly. why would one of the most famous news organizations in the world work so hard to kill one of the biggest news stories of the year. one of the many questions o arising in the harvey weinstein scandal that may be the greatest of all the mysteries. nbc news had had this story brought to them months ago brought by-to-them by their former anchor, ronan farrow. they not only turned it down they tried to suppress it he was barred from using weinstein accuser on camera. that's the holy grail of a tv story. noah oppenheim intervened.
8:01 pm
to keep the story off the air. news outlets don't typically act that way. their job is to bring then news to the public not hide the news. what happened in this case. nbc news president noah oppenheim may be the key to that question. he doesn't just oversee nbc news, he's also a screenwriter who has written several films. apparently profiting from his work in hollywood even as he runs the network's news division. screen writers, of course, d are dependent on film producers of home harvey weinstein was perhaps the most powerful of awesome the conflict there is obvious, did it effect how nbc treated this story? wade grove is editor-at-large for the daily beast.da he has been closely covering nbc's role in the weinstein scandal and he joins us tonight. lloyd, that is such annual obvious conflict to seems to me and nothing personally against noah oppenheim i'm impressed is he a screen writer on the side. how can you oversee a news division and have a foot in
8:02 pm
hollywood and fairly cover a story about the most famous person in hollywood? s how would that work? >> not very well, obviously. because nbc clearly messed up. and they are justifiably taking hits for that decision-making process. but, all the questions you asked in your lead-in are still out there. clearly nbc messed up. but we don't really know the answer why and what the decision-making was. i mean decision level got up to the level of steveve burke's office ceo of nbc universal. they have hollywood and entertainment properties and o obviously they have done business with the weinstein company and with harvey weinstein. so, i think that's the big question. >> tucker: here is what we do know for sure. we know that noah oppenheim lied when he said to staff a couple days ago that the story wasn't adequate.
8:03 pm
we know that ronann farrow asked for a camera crew to interview on camera and accuser. that is a television story. maybe the story wasn't ready for air that day. clearly he was moving toward a blockbuster. h ludicrous to say he didn't have it. >> well, my understandings that that particular person ronan farrow was not going to be identified. that person was going to be in silhouette. sources told me ronan farrow did have three women on camera, one of whom rose mcgowan, the actress, withdrew after a while because she was all legalled up and was going to probably sustain some consequences for going on camera. but i heard there was one other woman who was going to go on camera and one other woman who was not going to go on camera but allow her name to be used in the nbc report. and i understand that at
8:04 pm
least two of those women ended up in ronan farrow's new yorker piece. >> tucker: you are verifying what we've suspected it also reported, nbc didn't simply pass on the piece, they actively triedta to suppress it. i don't understand how there can be no repercussions within nbc? how can noah openheim and steve burk continue to run the company it seems clear they are implicated in the coverup?ur >> well, with great respect and admiration for you, tucker, i'm not sure i can go as far as you have gone. >> tucker: what's the alternative theory then? what would be legitimate explanation for what they did. >> you know, historically, television news divisions are cautious and weary of getting out in front of stories. traditionally they want to see it first in the "new york times" before doing -- i mean, this has been going on for decades. additionally this whole
8:05 pm
issue of sexual misconduct in television. it makes a lot of the male executives in television very, very --wo what's the word? it's cora lee. >> tucker: i can see why. they show no restraint when they leaked "the washington post." >> but that was a tape. i mean. t >> tucker: here you had tape. you had tape of women saying i was abused and/or raped by harvey weinstein and nbc said no, you can't use our cameras to record those interviews. that's suppressing the story. i don't know what else you would call that. >> there was just factually there was one interview. >> tucker: okay. >> toward the end of ronan farrow's reporting that nbc pulled the plug on. >> tucker: that's what i just said exactly. that's right. >> but you said interviews. go ahead, sorry. >> tucker: interview. as you noted, they already had done --
8:06 pm
>> i understand they had eight women who were going on camera, some in silhouette. two who were allowing their images and names to be b used. >> tucker:r: the state of their explanation is ludicrous. "we didn't. have enough to go on." can they stick with that? >> no. it is a laughable explanation. noah oppenheim stalked a town meeting the other day didn't really pass the smell test in my opinion. >> tucker: lloyd grove thank you for your reporting on this. i hope you will keep digging in. w >> i will. >> tucker: thank you. host and having worked in media for many years he joins us tonight. we haven't talked about this, but whatever happened to lisa bloom? she seemed to run at the first sound of gun fire hereto , great defender of women.
8:07 pm
feminist hero where is she now? >> she is in the witness protection program. she is probably on a mega yacht somewhere in indonesia. because obviously she was humiliated. she came out and spoke for the women when roger ailes and bill o'reilly were in the dock and then when harvey swine-stein as he is now known was in the dock she came to his defense. sort of the hillary clinton of the legal world i guess. >> tucker: and then she ran away. >> she ran away. >> tucker: i would love to hear the state of her view on this now. where are the late night hosts in this? >> you know jimmy kimmel and the rest. it's not just the news media. it's the broader mass media that has worked to essentially smooth things over for harvey weinstein in this case. i would suggest largely because of his association with the democratic party and the news media and the h mass media provide a protective cacoon for hillary clinton and barack obama and chuck schumer andot all the other democrats thatat have cozied up to harvey weinstein over the yearsts
8:08 pm
because it's impossible to believe that none of these people knew about this open secret that everyone has known about in hollywood for decades and more recently like jane fonda admitting that she found out a year ago. but she stayed silent and now she is ashamed of herself not for betraying her country and vietnam war but for concealing the weinstein secrets. they have all known about it. it's been an open thing for years and years.e all these people, remember a few years ago at penn state joe paterno and jerry sandusky, it was discovered that jerry sandusky wasus doing terrible things. it was suggested that joedu paterno had been made aware of it years earlier andn that he didn't come out and speak clearly and in a loud voice about what he had heard in the way of murmurs. it was declared that he was just as guilty as jerry sandusky, that his silence was complicity that he was to some extent responsible for the assaults that jerry
8:09 pm
sandusky committed after.. they tore done the bronze statue of joe paterno at penn state for the crime of silence. and now we hear a different set of circumstances but the same fact pattern. we hear now the people now speaking up after the fact after we have all learned about it are heroes. jane fonda is still a hero of the a revolution and a feminist hero after remaining silent about harvey weinstein for more than aot year after finding out about it. and she's not a stand alone here by any stretch of the imagination. we have got producers, the studio heads.. they have made jokes about it on 30 rock. years ago they made jokes about it at the seth -- what's his name at the oscars. seth mcfarland, making jokes about it. about it everybody knew what this guy was up to for years and years and years. but because of his party affiliation, joe paterno, a well-known conservative
8:10 pm
friend of george h.w. bush, they lynched him. they crucified him because he didn't speak up now alley these hollywood people we learn didn't speak up in virtually identical circumstances and they're heroes. they are literally being described as heroes. >> tucker: i think you have determined after 30 years in the news business not all sex scandals are being treated equally. >> no two stories treated equally. >> tucker: you do with unfailing accuracy every day. thank you. >> thanks. >> tucker: more and more people coming out, admitting they knew pretty much what harvey weinstein was up to and, yet, said nothing. jane fonda now says she is ashamed for not going public with what she knew before. listen. >> i found out about harvey about a year ago. and i'm ashamed that i didn't say anything right then. >> why didn't you?? you are so bold. >> i was not that boldth because i guess it hadn't happened to me and so i didn't feel it was my place. >> tucker: why didn't you?
8:11 pm
you're so bold. you're such a good person. yuck. hillary clinton wishes people would stop talking about harvey weinstein a major donor to her and go after president trump instead. she said countless allegations against herte husband are just old news. >> this kind of behavior cannot be tolerated anywhere, whether it's in entertainment, politics, you know, after all, we have someone admitting to being a sexual assaulter in the oval office. >> yet, in your book, the three women brought on the stage by trump attacking your husband and you kind of w dismissed them. is that the right thing to do?in are you sure about that? >> tucker: more than kind of dismiss them. tammy bruce is undismissable. she a talk radio sohio host and she joins us tonight. hillary clinton didn't sexually assaulthe anybody. on the other hand, if youu hold yourself up as a
8:12 pm
defender of all women, you ought to defend all women, shouldn't you? >> yeah, you should. this is what is a real tragedy for me as a feminist. the feminist movement clearly has been a fraud all these decades. we have a moment in time where these women, jane fonda, donna karen, hillary clinton, helen mirren attacks on donald trump. -- they were distracting everyone with attacks on donald trump. you heard hillary clinton say an admitted sexual assaulter. that is a lie. he never did because he is not. and to move that effort to try to distract people is part of the crime here. because while they're doing that and trying to smearf political opponent with a contrived dynamic in ignoring the carnage in their own town, how manyig women, while jane fonda was silent as an example and hillary clinton was going to parties with harvey weinstein, how many young women, how many more in that year were thrown into thean harvey weinstein volcano? these are the questions that they have to face.
8:13 pm
and jane fonda, being ashamed is not enough.av she made a decision.e what was happening last years when her friend i believe it was rosanna arquette told her, what was happening? well, the campaign was happening. and being honest about what was happening would ruin the democrat narrative it would ruin their narrative about their political opponent. so, somehow there was a decision that this was preferred. that this would be the distraction about the -- a false distraction and claim by the democrat so as feminists and all of us, not only do these women who are established needs to speak up in order to change this environment, which we alll wants changed but their silence does, in fact, b contribute to thesi continuation of this horrorto that's unfolding. >> tucker: what i found so fascinating about that clip from the hillary clinton interview that we played was that she was being interviewed by an english reporter, by a brit, only a british reporter would have asked her as directly as a did, no american reporter
8:14 pm
would ever say wait a second, what about these women who claimed your husband abused and raped them and you dismissed them as liars. >> great point. a >> tucker: why doesn't anybody ever say that? it's such an obvious point. >> there is a deference to her. she is the hero. and it's difficult. t.r me this is difficult. >> tucker: yes. >> for all of us. my generation, her. generation is the one that came, you know, before. it was to set this table so that we couldd take our power and make lives that best suited us. and here they are in the moment of need in the 21st century while they're here and can make an impact betraying us. and that becomes more of the issue. now, you saw with christian amanpour also with janeou fonda being very gentle where at least fonda admitted it and the fact is that becomes part of the problem. and when it comes to the huge democrat donor andl fundraiser of harvey weinstein, it does go beyond him and it's all been a fraud of making people look at a shiny object, at donald
8:15 pm
trump when, in fact, everything they were complaining about was happening in their own home. >> tucker: yeah, in spades. tammy bruce, thank you for that summation. >> thanks, tucker.r. >> tucker: we have more on harvey weinstein in the show. exmogul says he has gone rehab for sex addiction. really he is the victim here. he is suffering from a disease. how badly do you feel about that? we will talk to a licensed therapist about it coming up. latest on the las vegas massacre, so much we don't know could hotel security have prevented it? made it easier for cops to figure out what happened? lessie surveillance in casinos than you may have realized. details after the break. americans,
8:16 pm
83% try to eat healthy, yet up to 90% fall short on getting key nutrients. let's do more. one-a-day women's. complete with key nutrients we may need, plus it supports bone health with calcium and vitamin d. one-a-day women's. you totanobody's hurt, new car. but there will still be pain. it comes when your insurance company says they'll only pay three-quarters of what it takes to replace it. what are you supposed to do? drive three-quarters of a car? now if you had liberty mutual new car replacement™, you'd get your whole car back. i guess they don't want you driving around on three wheels. smart. with liberty mutual new car replacement™, we'll replace the full value of your car. liberty stands with you™. liberty mutual insurance.
8:17 pm
ah, my poor mouth breather. allergies? stuffy nose? can't sleep? enough. take that. a breathe right nasal strip of course. imagine just put one on and pow! it instantly opens your nose up to 38% more than allergy medicine alone. so you can breathe, and sleep. better than a catnap. shut your mouth and say goodnight, mouthbreathers. breathe right.
8:18 pm
8:19 pm
>> tucker: the mystery at the heart of the las vegas shooting becomes more baffling, maybe moreec upsetting with every passing day. today vegas police stood by modified narrative of what f ppened at mandalay bay,y even the hotel itself disputes that time line. >> 9:59 is important it wasn't inaccurate when i provided to you. the circumstances associated. with it is inaccurate. okay? i am very well aware of the mgm statement provided yesterday. i agree with their statement. we have determined is that mr. campos had encountered the barricaded door adjacent to the suspect's door at approximately 21:59. when you culminate that time line associated from the
8:20 pm
initial 21:59 to the 22:05 time line that we still stand by as the initial voluntarily of fire, mr. campos received his wounds in close proximity to 22:05. >> tucker: meanwhile the fbi says the motive for stephen paddock's rampage is still unknown. john sheehan is a former las vegas police sergeant and swat officer and he joins us tonight. john, thanks a lot for coming on. >> you bet, tucker. good to be with you.n. >> tucker: still confused by the time line, more than. that, i'm confused why the time line has changed in'm significant ways. not in ways that you thinknk any reporter would be able to verify quickly. why is that do you think? v >> well, i think if you go back to the original statements just post shooting, tucker, it's important for any police administrator, anyone givingg a statement to say this is what we know at this time. remember we were in the infancy stages in las vegas at that time.
8:21 pm
have you got to collate and pull in all those sources oful information to create overarching time line of exactly what happened. now, that's going to include o cctv from mandalay bay. radio traffic which is digitally recorded. it will include handwritten and typed logs by security officers. as though bits of information come, in they are added in to that time line along with all the other witnesses iphones and wrist watches and that's what takes time. >> tucker: they changed it after about a week. it also took them over a c week to verify when he a checked into the hotel, again, that seems like something your average pi s could do immediately. why would that be hard? >> i have no idea. and it could be he entered under an assumed name it could be they only looked as far as back as his last reservation b and maybe should have gone back a little h farther than that it sounds like maybe he jumped rooms. that's even a little bit unclear at this point in
8:22 pm
time. that all goes to the shooter's methodology and maybe trying to confuse investigators and confuseng hotel staff as to exactlyo where he was. that is still all up in the air right now as we know. >> tucker: i'm w sure you know a lot ofeo people involved in the investigation and i would never impugn their motives or character. i assume they are getting more hours of sleep. working as hard as they can. from our perspective just as americans watching, it seems disorganized. it really does. at least in the way they are communicating. >> i think there's a glitch in the communication, where it should have been articulated better when there was that six minute gap.io i thought sheriff lombardo did an excellent job today i tried to clarify that the point is
8:23 pm
over the last is that when the 48 hours. clarification came in to effect, tucker? we don't know that. a if i were the investigator, i wouldn't have interviewed mr. campos just once, i would have interviewed him several times and maybe even done a walk through interview of him on the floor to say you did this at this time and then what happened?idu and where did you go? and then try to time it out. as the days go on and it may becomes a little more clear he is not so worked up over the incident and the trauma is farther and farther back, those items might become more clear.th that's ago possibility, too. we have to go with what the witness statement was and use that as a clarification point. >> tucker: all right, john, thank you for joining us tonight. one reason investigatorsrs are having trouble with the timeline, pinning it down precisely, is while theas mandalay bay hotel has a lot of cameras watching the casino floor, it turns out there aren't many in the hallways and probably none in the hotelm? rooms. is that part of the problem? brian clay pool is a lawyer. he was also an eyewitness to the vegas attack. a p he was physically there. he joins us tonight. brian, give us a recap of where you were when this happened. >> yeah, tucker, i was
8:24 pm
sitting in what's called the v.i.p. section. it was the neon lounge. i was actually in the front row so my seats were actually exposed to theit shooter. initially heard some sound,, sounded like fire crackers. i looked up in the sky i didn't see any lights or anything. i got worried.. i stared at jason aldean hep was singing. he paused during his song. he got worried. i was staring at him for ahe signal.. i heard 5 or 10 more pops.po he runs off the stage. i immediately knew this was not good. i jumped up and tried to exit. and then you heard the barrage of bullets just came and onslaught of bullets. >> tucker: it's never fireworks, ever. so you have obviously more i interested in this than the average person since you were literally fired upon. tell me if you can clarify this. there are reports today that paddockin was in a freight elevator at least once in the
8:25 pm
hotel. is that true? is it normal for guests to find their way into freight elevators and why are there no cameras in freight elevators?s i thought there were always cameras in freight elevators. >> tucker, you are raising a great point. it's absolutely not protocol for casino owners to allow guests to use service freight elevators. let me make one thing clear, too. because i'm a survivor. i'm going to be representing some people in a case against the mandalay bay.e and i will tell you, tucker, everybody across this. country has a personal stake in getting to the truth of the matter here why don't we have any transparency from the mandalay bay and mgm. you made a great point a few minutes ago.. where is the surveillance video of paddock in the service freight elevator? take a look at that. what was he carrying in that freight elevator. why weren't their there cameras in the hallway. this is las vegas not pittsburgh or des moines, iowa. v this is a town where a lot of things happen in hallways and elevators. >> tucker: wait, can i just answer your question? i mean, with respect, i think part of the reason they haven't released thee
8:26 pm
video, they are terrified of lawyers like you.re because you are suing them and they don't want to release the video. don't you think? honestly?? >> tucker, if the truth of the potter is that campos was shot upon just before paddock shot at where i was sitting. if that information benefits mgm, why not release the digital record? the time-stamp of that phone call that he makes down n there? why not, for example, release cell phone records here is another point. why not release the dispatch, in other words, mandalay bay security gets the call from campos, what does the mandalay bay do? s that's going to be at the thrust of the lawsuit. >> tucker: really quick, no, those are all fair questions. i just want to know as a factual matter, do you know if the hotel has given over all of its surveillance video to investigators? that, i don't know.ve
8:27 pm
>> that, i don't know. i'm sure they have to. i'm sure the investigators -- they have got to cooperate in the investigation and turn it over. we will send what's called a preservation of evidence letter which means you better keep all of that video surveillance and audio dispatch for the litigation. >> tucker: brian, thanks for joining us tonight. >> you bet. thanks for having me, tucker., >> tucker: players are still protesting the national anthem at nfl games and people unhappy about that are called bigots for some reason. up next, we will ask how respecting our nation's symbols became a racial issue when it's not inherently. stay tuned. people spend less time lying awake with aches and pains with advil pm than with tylenol pm.
8:28 pm
advil pm combines the number one pain reliever with the number one sleep aid. gentle, non-habit forming advil pm. for a healing night's sleep.
8:29 pm
8:30 pm
8:31 pm
>> tucker: protests during the national anthem continue in the national football league, made appearances at other levels of football and in other sports. the protests are supposedly over issues of racial injustice, yet the target isn't any alleged perpetrator. the protester players are targeting the flag of the united states and anthem. symbols that unite this country not divide it why have racial politics have been allowed to intrude upon and in fact defined this debate and sully symbols of american unity? ethan, thanks for coming on.s >> thanks, tucker. >> tucker: there are a couple ways to debate this. i'm offended by people
8:32 pm
attacking our national symbols, i think it's divisive. i wouldn't make it illegal. what i'm confused by is why this is a racial issue. i don't see as it inherently one and it seems to make it even more divisive when people on the left describes it as anyone criticizes it is criticizing entire racial group. that doesn't seem true to me. >> it's a racial issue because it's racial oppression is what we are talking about..l i don't even like the word race. we are talk about ethnic oppression of black people in the united states. that goes back for an extended period of time. i don't have to repeat w the history for you, tucker. you are well-educated man. that's what it goes down to. they are using the platform given to them and doing it in a way like many haveth throughout human history that might be offensive to some but it's to draw the attention to the problem and get that focus from everybody. >> tucker: leaving aside the efficacy hard to believe this will bring justice to anyone ever. improve life of anyone. can you at least concede it's a little weird coming
8:33 pm
from the nfl which is 70% african-american and wherett the average salary is almost $2 million. this must be the least oppressed group of people in human history. i mean, you at least admit that right? >> whether they specificallyd are oppressed or not, they are spokespeople. and they have the platform. and, therefore, they are use offing it so their income aside they have risen up.. they are the ones who are able to speak for a community. >> tucker: and i don't think that's a crazy -- i disagree with you, but at least it makes kind of logical sense. that's not what you are hearing from a lot of people on the left. so, yesterday, jesse jackson described colin kaepernick, who is like, you know, would be the richest person in most american counties as a martyr. how can colin -- a martyr to what? how could someone as powerful, wealthy and celebrated as colin kaepernick be a martyr? >> well, the martyr there is in his job.
8:34 pm
he has lost his job. he is much better than many backup quarterbacks in the nfl and no nfl owner will hire right now. even though he is available. he is in great shape. he is a great quarterback. because he has spoken up. this is actually throughout humant, history. >> tucker: so, wait, you agree -- wait, hold on. i don't think i could bear to hear colin kaepernick or any professional athlete compared to a character out of the bible. come on now. that's too stupid. are you saying you think that colin kaepernick is a martyr? >> i think if you put it in context of his job. obviously he hasn't lost his life in the traditional definition of martyr. but if we apply it like we do with the english language to different circumstances and analogies in this case he has lost his job for speaking up against oppression, against black people through systemices means in this country -- that is a form of a martyr. >> tucker: i guess, i mean, how would you feel if you
8:35 pm
were an actual oppressed person in this country or any race or ethnicity and you heard, you know, affluent leftist describe colin kaepernick who is clearly like totally unoppressed in any traditional sense described as a martyr. wouldn't you feel a little insulted? >> well, i mean, if i'm suffering on the street somewhere being beaten by, you know, somebody for racial reasons because of who i am because, you know,dy of my skin color, i might look at that and go ehh, i might also look at that and say he is speaking up and trying to help. he lost his job for speaking up for me? >> tucker: just really quick can you describe in specific terms how colin kaepernick is helping the oppressed of the world like specifically. >> he is not trying to help the oppressed of the world. >> tucker: i'm sorry. i thought that's why he was a w martyr.
8:36 pm
do you think that colin kaepernick's actions have reduced police brutality in this country or could conceivably reduce police brutalityre in this country. >> i think it could because we are talking about itld and it has brought attention to the issue. there is a community of people who have suffered disproportionately for it. and we are talking about it. maybe we can legislate some chains by having the conversation. >> tucker: someday colin kaepernick is going to be on the $20 bill. hopefully i will be gone by then. ethan, i appreciate it. >> thanks, tucker. always good to talk to you. >> tucker: president trump signaled today is he willing to abandon the iran deal. where will this lead us if anywhere? we will talk to retired colonel coming up. harvey weinstein, you may have heard, is in rehab talking about diet cokeea and talking about himself. is he there to fix his problems or is it damage control with the benefit of room service?
8:37 pm
we will talk to a psychotherapist about it coming up. ♪ on every purchase i make. everything. what's in your wallet? our recent online sales success seems a little... strange?nk na. ever since we switched to fedex ground business has been great. they're affordable and fast... maybe "too affordable and fast." what if... "people" aren't buying these books online, but "they" are buying them to protect their secrets?!?! hi bill. if that is your real name. it's william actually. hmph! affordable, fast fedex ground.
8:38 pm
so we created the only bed that adjusts on both sides to your ideal comfort, your sleep number setting. you can even see how well you're sleeping and make adjustments. does your bed do that? the most amazing part is they start at $699. that's $200 off our queen c2 mattress during the final days of our fall sale. ends sunday. visit sleepnumber.com for a store near you by listening to an thiaudiobook on audible.ame and this guy is just trying to get through the day. this guy feels like he can take on anything. this guy isn't sure he can take it anymore. unwavering self-confidence. stuck in a 4-door sedan of sadness. upgrade your commute. ride with audible. dial star star audible on your smartphone to start listening today.
8:39 pm
8:40 pm
grandma's. aunt stacy's. what are the reasons you care for your heart? qunol coq10 with 3x better absorption has the #1 cardiologist recommended form of coq10 to support heart health. qunol, the better coq10.
8:41 pm
>> tucker: president obama's iran deal seems to be on the brink of death. he believes iran is violating that deal. he says he will cancel it out right if congress doesn't strengthenco it. >> i am directing my administration to write closely with congress and our allies to address the deals many serious flaws so that the iranian regime can never threaten the world with nuclear weapons. in the event we are not able to reach a solution working with congress and our allies, then the agreement will be terminated. >> tucker: doug mcgregor is a retired colonel in executive vice president of the mcgregor group. colonel mcgregor thanks for coming on. >> sure. >> tucker: what does it mean and where is it going from here? >> this is a very curious case.u t i haven't figured out how we
8:42 pm
benefit from decertifyingng the iranian agreement and then potentially sliding into a conflict with iran. because if we decertify iran, the senate will probably pass sanctions. sanctions will be treated as a an act of war by iran.fl the iranians will then say we have no further incentive to cooperate. a they will double down on building nuclear warheads. they will probably get assistance this time from the russians. we will inevitably collide with them militarily somewhere in the gulf and indian ocean or on the ground where we have very light, vulnerable forces right now in iraq. and iraq is effectively an iranian ally. it's a shiite arab state. so you put all of this together and you have to ask yourself what are we doing? how does this make sense? how do we benefit from thiske because we don't want a wider war and clearlyro candidate trump made it very clear did he not want to widen any wars. he wanted to gradually disengage.he >> tucker: so it would be the point of this
8:43 pm
then? how did this happen? >> i don't understand it. it doesn't make any sense strategically. this is -- the time something terrible. our forces are spread very thinly around the globe. we have very light forces on the ground entirely dependth dent upon air power for survival. if they are taken under direct assault by theivhe iranians, supported by the russians, they are in a lot of trouble and we would have great deal of difficulty getting them out of there alive. we could easily be embarrassed is the bottom line. it would take us a very long time to assemble any troops to go in there the notion that somehow bombing or missiles we are going to subjugate iran on bring it around is simple nonsense because they will be backed by russia. those strategies have no chance of success. i wish, frankly speaking, that we would backck away and rethink this whole thing because i think the timing is terrible. w this is not the time to do anything like this. and, frankly, the iranians are not going to renegotiate this thing. it took a long time to get it. plus, our allies our a friends, everyone else in the world does not see iran in the same light as we do
8:44 pm
in washington or as israeln does. they see the sunni, arabs and sunni turks, the islamists in ankara.ra the islamists in middle east far more dangerous and hostile to christian and jews in the west than iran. >> tucker: look at the body count, it proves that point. >> yes. >> colonel, thanks for joining us, i appreciate it. >> okay.ha >> tucker: harvey weinstein wants to assure you he is the victim here. not evil. he's sick. and that should make yout feel bad for him. he is now at luxury rehab facility. is it legitimate or a standard hollywood ploy to divergent attention? we will talk to a psychotherapist about all of that come up. ows ] what?! -stop it! -mm-hmm. we've been saving a lot of money ever since we switched to progressive. this bar is legit.
8:45 pm
and now we get an even bigger discount from bundling home and auto. i can get used to this. it might take a minute. -swing and a miss! -slam dunk! touchdown! together: sports! touchdown! with steak and shrimp? more shrimp. and you know what goes great with that shrimp? you guessed it. more shrimp. steak and unlimited shrimp, starting at $15.99. only at outback. steve chooses to walk over the26.2 miles,9 days... that's a marathon. and he does it with dr. scholl's. only dr. scholl's has massaging gel insoles that provide all-day comfort to keep him feeling more energized. dr. scholl's. born to move.
8:46 pm
[he has a new business teaching lessons. rodney wanted to know how his business was doing... ...so he got quickbooks. it organizes all his accounts, so he can see his bottom line. ahhh...that's a profit. know where you stand instantly. visit quickbooks-dot-com.
8:47 pm
8:48 pm
♪ ♪
8:49 pm
>> tucker: shortly after his misdeeds were exposed, harvey weinstein played the favored card of every cornered celebrity. he's not depraved. he's sick. he's the real victim here. some americans actually struggle with real diseases, diabetes, arthritis, cancer. weinstein struggled with an ailment that made him sexually harass or assault almost every women in sight. weinstein says is he getting that illness treated, the help he needs. he has reportedly entered a $2,000 per night rehabas clinic in arizona disease he says is sex addiction. would you let him baby-sit after? a psychotherapist joins us. thanks for coming on. >> thanks for having me. >> tucker: clarify the difference between sexual predator and sex addict? and why is harvey weinstein an addict and not a predator? >> sexual addict would be someone who uses sex a lot to get comfort, right? they have addiction to let's
8:50 pm
say pornography or looking at certain images. someone who is a sexual perpetrator actually acts upon their sexual fantasies and breaks the law. >> tucker: that seems like a great distinction. i agree with you.. why is he in rehab since is he in the latter category?he >> well, that was the choicee that he made, right? he said what he was going to do to repent for the things that he has done is to go to rehab. the question is whether or not he will turn himself in. some people in my community, some feminists are coming out and saying why wouldn't w he actually like thieves who steal cars turn themselves in, if you admit to having committed these crimes t should you face jail time in the legal system? >> tucker: so you said in order to repent so it's kind of like buying indulgence from the medieval church, like once it is forgiven -- you pay $2,000 at night to go to santa monica to talk aboutt your problems in group therapy?
8:51 pm
it's kind of what it sounds like.in >> what are his options at this point? he says he wasn't going to go into therapy? how we look in terms of the media? the problem is and really interesting question here is that with men, social shame doesn't stop them from committing this crime. right? we look at people like billl cosby, bill clinton. we look at bill o'reilly. and now we have harvey weinstein. how is it that we are able to commit these crimes without thinking there's going to be some moral and huge social implications, considering the fact that they are men with so much power and have so much visible exposure. >> tucker: these are powerful drives. that's a fair point. i guess what bothers me about it. two things that bother me.t one, so transparently phoney. it's not a disease. the guy acted like a jerk and maybe criminally in some ways. and it degrades the idea of mental health treatment, i think. it's not a serious use of the mental health facility. it's using it as a public relations shield.titi does that botherre you? >> i mean, whether he is using that as a public
8:52 pm
relations shield, yes. but i would have to disagree with you. in my community, there has been some success with people who are sexual predators, i'm going to call him a sexual predator, ine terms of rehabilitating them. it's much easier to treat somebody who has committed this crime once though thanho someone who has done this over years and years of time. >> tucker: right. >> so what we have to do because we can't lock these people up for life. in fact, in a lot of cases we can't lock them up at all. look at the case of bill cosby.y. what do we do when they reemerge back in the community? the thing we have toto worry about is protecting other people in the community. i'm not saying i necessarily know whether harvey weinstein is going to commit this crime again. but he is certainly at risk for doing so. >> tucker: so i guessin the other thing that bothers me is the self-involvement of it all. all of his statements refer primarily to himself and going to a place where you pay $2,000 to talk more about yourself seems like pouring kerosene on a camp fire. maybe he should be paying to go to a facility where he talks about other people's problems? i mean, do you see why self-involvement drives this
8:53 pm
kind of behavior? it's all about me and my needs and what i care about and he convinced himself women wanted to watch him take a shower.on this is a very self-involved guy. >> therapy -- what the therapy would do and therapists would do in this type of facility whether that is, again, inside the prison system or with outside the prison system is they would work on his grandiose ideas of himself. they would work on the very core things that he feels about women. they would challenge that. they would ask him to be more empathetic towards women. there is many things that in therapy they would do to try to deconstruct why he did what he did. >> tucker: i get it and i know that's very common. as you just conceded it doesn't work very often and maybe the whole premise is wrong. maybe you should stop talking about yourself so much. people talk about themselves endlessly. maybe they should stop. do you think that would help?oma >> what's his other option? >> tucker: talk about other people.. [laughs]
8:54 pm
listen to other people for once. >> look, well, maybe what is going to happen after he comes out of this entire situation is that he is goinge to hopefully give back to theis community, open his checkbook and support a lot of causes that would benefit women. >> tucker: nell, thanks for joining us tonight. >> thank you for having me on, tucker. i appreciate it. >> tucker: exhaustive search modern world preimminent philosopher that would be chris cuomo. we have got it for you coming up. booking a flight at the last minute doesn't have to be expensive. just go to priceline. it's the best place to book a flight a few days before my trip and still save up to 40%. just tap and go... for the best savings on flights, go to priceline. essential for vinyl, but maybe not for people with rheumatoid arthritis.
8:55 pm
because there are options. like an "unjection™". xeljanz xr. a once daily pill for adults with moderate to severe ra for whom methotrexate did not work well. xeljanz xr can reduce pain, swelling and further joint damage, even without methotrexate. xeljanz xr can lower your ability to fight infections, including tuberculosis. serious, sometimes fatal infections, lymphoma and other cancers have happened. don't start xeljanz xr if you have an infection. tears in the stomach or intestines, low blood cell counts and higher liver tests and cholesterol levels have happened. your doctor should perform blood tests before you start and while taking xeljanz xr, and monitor certain liver tests. tell your doctor if you were in a region where fungal infections are common and if you have had tb, hepatitis b or c, or are prone to infections. needles. a must for vinyl. but for you, one pill a day may provide symptom relief. ask your doctor about xeljanz xr. an "unjection™".
8:56 pm
8:57 pm
8:58 pm
>> tucker: we want to dig a little deeper tonight into our past chris cuomo archive to bring you a tape from this summer.uc he tried his hand at movie criticism. watch this. >> wonder woman, amazing. he finally had a female director of break the $100 million mark. it means more than just its box score. what does it mean to you? i wanted to be like wonder woman. >> tucker: to the conventional
8:59 pm
western mind, and the regressed textual analysis, a number of textual analysis, a number of questions arrive. what does qualify as intrigue that chris cuomo wanted to be wonder woman? did he ever wear that shirt?t? there are so many more questions. it's better to understand chris cuomo for who he is. an artist, poet, seeker, shaman. it's not what the hell is chris, talking about, what is chris cuomo trying to teach us, all of us, humanity itself? if you can't answer that question, we are not chris cuomo. we will either give you more chris,lf until we reach enlightenment or run out of videos. that's it for us tonight. tune in every night at 8:00 for the show that is the sworn enemy of lying, pomposity, smugness, and groupthink. "hannity" from new york, next.
9:00 pm
>> sean: welcome to "hannity." this is a fox news alert. following two big breaking news stories this friday night.co new information about how deep f and ugly and grotesque hollywood, the media, the democratic politicians have been in this weinstein scandal. also the nfl seems to be capitulating to the players. we will have an update on that tonight. first, harvey weinstein facing more and more accusations every single minute from a growing number of actresses as well as criminal investigations both in the u.s. and u.k. and if any of thenv longtime associates, they are making an awkward attempt to condemn the once legendary hollywood producer. we have all the new developments surrounding weinstein conduct oo

30 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on