Skip to main content

tv   Fox News Tonight  FOX News  October 25, 2017 10:00pm-11:00pm PDT

10:00 pm
i hope you will go and tell your friends about it. that's all the time we have for this evening. we will never be the left winge media, ever, obviously. bill hemmer is next. see you tomorrow. >> bill: fox news alert. good evening, everyone. tonight i'm bill hemmer and welcome to "fox news tonight." a stunner today on all matters russia. president trump going back on offense after reports that the clinton team and the dnc were behind that salacious unverified dossier about him. the president unloaded todayim when he was asked about it at the white house. >> well, i think it's very sad what they've done with this fake dossier. it was made up and i understand they paid a tremendous amount of money. and hillary clinton always denied it. the democrats always denied it. and now only because it's going to come out in a court case they said yes, they did it, they admitted it. and they are embarrassed by it but i think it's a disgrace. >> bill: so that from earlier and then moments ago tonight
10:01 pm
congressman devon nunez chairman of the house intelligence committee had this to say.an >> what we know so far, that we believe to be factual, from "the washington post" piece, is that the democrats paid for the dossier, they paid fusion g.p.s. for the dossier. we believe that to be true. but we have fusion gps that pled the fifth, so they refused to testify. when you plead the fifth and try to go to court to block us from getting the information and leaked to the "the washington post" that the dnc and hillary campaign paid for this, i think we have a problem. >> bill: that was tucker earlier tonight with devin barrett to break the story for "the washington post." he with us now. what a stunner it was, devlin, to get a story like this out there and control the news cycle for 24 hours.. that's something else when you think about how quickly events change. now, i want to bring our viewers up to speed with where we are tonight. w and i think throughout the course of the day today, the missing component of this story is hillary clinton's response, has she said anything to you or
10:02 pm
others? has she appeared publicly today? >> no. we have been asking, and there are not just hillary clinton but a couple of her key advisors who we still haven't heard from publicly. and i think that's a key piece in this, understanding who knew what and when. and frankly we are still waiting on that word and trying to get that word and asking. >> bill: as we go through this over the course of the evening tonight, trey gowdy was with us earlier today on "america's newsroom." i thought he posed a question that was quite relevant. i was asking about who paid for it and reflecting on your story. he said it's relevant who paid for it but it's more relevant who relied upon it. and that can go in a number ofof different ways. what have you been able to ascertain as to how that information was received, digested and then pursued? >> well, so a couple things. we know that the fbi had a prior relationship with christopher steele, the former british intelligence agent who did a lot of this and generated a lot of
10:03 pm
these reports. so we know that they had some reason to believe that he was a reliable or trustworthy person. and then we know the fbi started looking into what was in the dossier and the different allegations.n and trying to figure out what in here they could prove and what they couldn't. what's been said to us is that they were able to confirm some of the information, can't confirm others.fi and there's a whole group of stuff that, you know, they frankly think they will probably never know one way or the other. and, to be clear, among the most salacious stuff, that's included in the group of things that thef really can't confirm as best we can tell. >> bill: i think what he was trying to say there is what did the fbi do with the information? how did they pursue it? what questions did they ask? where did the investigation go after that? i think that's what gowdy was driving at.. >> right. i think there is some indication of that already. for one thing we know that the fbi investigated and hasn't been investigating for quite some time carter page, an unpaid
10:04 pm
advisor to the campaign at one point. and, you know, we know that there was some surveillance related to him. t and we know that, you know, his interactions, the alleged in some of these alleged interactions with russian figures were looked into by the fbi. >> bill: so you can consider that right? and carter page says he has had nothing to do with this. >> he denied any wrongdoing at all. >> bill: he popped up in a lot of tv interviews over the summer and essentially disappeared. i think what he was driving at gowdy's position, he believes the justice department is stonewalling him on a bunch of matters that they want and can't seem to get information they are looking for. the question is why. i think the question is robert mueller now taking charge of this information and preventing others from getting access to it? do you have a view on that or any reporting on that tonight? >> i think it's true, generally, that congress isn't getting a lot of answers as to what mueller is doing. but, frankly, as important as this investigation is, and i know everyone cares about it and it's important, but, frankly, that's not that unusual for a
10:05 pm
ongoing criminal investigation. you know, the fbi does -- and the doj don't typically tell congress what they're doing in criminal investigations because, frankly, that's how you ruin a criminal investigation in many instances. >> bill: yeah, there are hypotheticals that one can start to wonder about now. b that is robert mueller runningru an independent counsel right now without this dossier? did the dossier lead investigators to this point where they were so suspicious of the trump team and potentialsu contacts they may not have had with moscow, which leads to the unmasking of names and individuals, samantha power at the u.n. has been reported more than 250 requests of names over the past year for the obama term. did the information in the dossier take the government in a direction that it frankly in the end, perhaps, did not need to pursue? can we move the ball any further toward that answer tonight, devlin? >> well, look, i think it's perfectly fine to ask how the
10:06 pm
investigation started. but it's also -- i don't think we can lose sight of the fact that it matters just as much, if not more so, where the investigation is going. because, obviously, fbi is not going to charge anyone based on what's in the dossier. the fbi is going to decide if they have evidence of crimes after looking at some of these things. and if they decide to do that, that won't be based on anything in the dossier. >> bill: i get it. >> have to build up evidence from other places. >> bill: can you answer your own question as to where it goes next? >> well, you know, that's why they pay me to keep reporting. that's why i still have a job. we're working on that. and, look, mueller's work clearly isn't done yet. there are obvious signs of certain things he's interested in. but, the short answer is nobody knows. >> bill: thanks for being here tonight. good reporting, too. thank you, devlin, from washington. i want to turn to news correspondent ed henry standing by at the white house. i know you were listening to that exchange there listen to this exchange from president trump regarding that -- the
10:07 pm
controversial sale of uranium mining company, now for our t viewers this goes back seven or eight years during the obama term, hillary clinton as secretary of state, this is his reaction on that. >> told me last week you thought that the uranium sale to russia was one of the big stories of the decade. three congressional committees are now looking at that and we haven't heard you comment on it since those investigations were launched. >> well, i think the uranium sale to russia and the way it was done so underhanded with tremendous amounts of money being passed, i actually think that's watergate modern age. >> bill: ed, hyperbole or is this possibility now in washington being circulated? >> the honest answer we don't know because as journalists we have to follow the facts. we don't know enough facts yet about the uranium one deal to say it's as big as watergate. what we do know from the facts is that the fbi was quietly investigating potential
10:08 pm
collusion, basically, between the obama administration, and russian nuclear officials for two or three years at the end of the obama years. and so now here we are spendingr all this time over the last six months, year or so, about whether there was collusion between the trump campaign and russian government officials. and meanwhile, the obama justice department was basically investigating for two or three years. the possibility of kick backs, bribery, all kinds of potential criminal wrongdoing by russian nuclear officials so they could get a bigger share of american uranium market. how are they doing this? they were pouring speaking fees to former president bill clinton and pouring money into the clinton foundation. so, these are questions that frankly where did that fbi investigation ever go? we simply don't know. >> bill: that's active, right? that's ongoing and a lot of ilpeople didn't know about it. late tonight we get this word that this fbi informant who has been forbidden to talk for 8 years will now be able to brief
10:09 pm
members of congress. what do we know about that tonight? >> this is the informant the hill newspaper wrote about a week or so ago that blew the door open on some of these details suggesting that the informant had told the fbi, again, during the obama years, not the trump years, that russian nuclear officials were trying to get more and more uranium. and they succeeded in that by the way. hillary clinton, for her part, t was secretary of state at the time when all of this was happening. but, during the last campaign, she insisted she had no role in the decision that it was a panel at the state department and she wass not directly involved. but, now you have this informant that opened the door on the fbi investigation several years ago, who, as you say, has been quiet and dormant. we don't know who this person is. now all of a sudden the trump justice department new tonight saying they are going to let that i object informant go talk to congress about what he or she knows.
10:10 pm
this could be a major development. >> bill: he was responsible for looking at all these companies you mentioned uranium one and also the clinton foundation which is a big player in all of this too now. >> yeah. >> bill: brian fallon you know him well. >> yeah.h. >> bill: you were on the road for a long time during that campaign 2016. he was doing an interview earlier today with regard to the reaction to the dossier.oioi he said this about that and i will ask you about it on the other side. >> the russians and vladimir putin were only trying to help one side in this election. and you don't have to take my word for it on that. that is the conclusion of u.s. intelligence that it was the position of vladimir putin and the russian government that they wanted to help donald trump.or and we know for a fact that russian agents committed crimes in service of that goal. >> bill: you know these people very well, ed. and you think about the server, you think about the emails. you think about 33,000. and you were the one who actually asked then candidateed clinton about whether or not shc wiped her server clean. i remember the answer quite well.
10:11 pm
>> with a cloth. >> bill: with a cloth was the response. sarcastically. do we think these long lost answers are somewhere back on that clinton server years ago? >> you have to wonder whether or not the trump justice department now that they are opening the door on this fbi informant to talk to congress whether they are still looking at anything in terms of the clinton server or not. they have never closed the door on that. donald trump in some of his public comments during the presidential transition said he didn't want to do harm to the clintons. w that was before there was a special counsel breathing down his neck and his campaign neck. and so is the justice department going to do something on that? that's an open question tonight. and i thought the other thing is brian fallon was saying he didn't know about the dossier during that campaign i covered. if he had, he would have gone to europe to help christopher steele. well, come on. christopher steele, the british intelligence official, former who put together the dossier, unverified information about donald trump, some are sayingve that he got that from russian officials who were trying to spread disinformation about donald trump to mess up the campaign. i thought the clinton folks were
10:12 pm
worried about russian officials spreading disinformation and controlling the campaign? now if it was information that was going to help them, all of a sudden they want to be part of it. >> bill: dnc came out with a phrase we are under new management and current management didn't know about it at the time. sort of what you were saying there. when you think about hillary clinton and listen what devlin was describing there. the wrinkle in the story today is that we have not heard from her. m based on her m.o., is that to be expected? is she that careful? >> i mean, look, when she wantst to tweet about the las vegas massacre, dozens of people killed, she did it within hours, right? so she didn't stand back and wait for that. and some thought she jumped out too quickly on the issue of gun control. when it's something about russia that might look unfavorably for democrats, all of a sudden you can't find her. so, that's an interesting question tonight as well. by the way, karen tumulty, another report from "the washington post, put out a tweet
10:13 pm
a few moments ago she was at university of chicago politics institute one of their events tonight and saw tom perez, thed, current dnc chair. in addition to that statement we already knew, he said, look, i only found out that the dnc paid for this dossier a few days ago. so, yeah, he is -- it's under new management. but they may have spent hundreds of thousands or millions on this. >> bill: millions, quite possible.nd >> and didn't know? unbelievable. >> bill: what is the sense you get in washington tonight? is there a sense this story has done a 180 or not yet? >> well, people close to this president certainly hopes -- they certainly hope that the story is changing. >> bill: he pretty much suggested that today. >> he suggested that. right. but, what is robert mueller thinking tonight? we simply don't know the answer to the question tonight. that's going to decide whether this is shifting, the ground is shifting against the democrats. as they try to make this collusion issue all about the republicans, all of a sudden
10:14 pm
there is all kinds of new information about the democrats in and this may very wellhi boomerang. >> bill: a lot to follow. thank you, ed, for being here tonight.. ed henry on the north lawn. thanks. president trump claims vindication on this matter. what is the damage politically?c we'll analyze that coming up next. stay tuned. >> tech: don't wait for a chip like this to crack your whole windshield. with safelite's exclusive resin, you get a strong repair that you can trust. plus, with most insurance a safelite repair is no cost to you. >> customer: really?! >> singers: safelite repair, safelite replace.
10:15 pm
10:16 pm
10:17 pm
10:18 pm
>> bill: let's continue with analysis, new revelations regarding the russian dossier and uranium controversies talking about there with ed henry a moment ago. here is congressman trey gowdy earlier today on "america'ses newsroom" about 9:00 a.m. our lead interview earlier today about robert mueller's investigation, whether or not he has confidence in his work. >> i know i am in a small group of republicans. i have confidence he is going to reach the right conclusions for the right reasons and he will have credibility with the american people when he is done. >> as of today you are okay with robert mueller? >> as of yesterday, today, and probably tomorrow unlessth, something changes, dissuades meg from what i think is a lifetimet of pretty solid service to our country. >> bill: who knows what will bew tomorrow, right? political impact now. let's examine it from chicago,
10:19 pm
steve cortez, member of the trump's campaign hispanic advisory council. how are you doing? good evening there. also from l.a. radio talk who he host leslie marshall and both are fox news contributors. i know stand on desk tonight and say lead charge we are convinced indicated we can declare toctory. can you? >> yes, yes, we can, bill. i will tell you this. i am in chicago. i'm a chicagoan. i will tell you i know about corruption, living in this city. the clintons have exhibited a level of corruption that would make a chicago alderman blush. what they have done at the state department, in the white house, with the clinton foundation, with the russians, is almost unconscionable because we're not talking about just corruption for personal aggrandizement, we are talking about actually jeopardizing the national security of the united states. literally selling our national security, our uranium resourcess
10:20 pm
to an enemy state for, what? for money. and we now know this for fact. not for theory. >> bill: this fbi informant is critical on this whole picture here, too. that's going to take months to play out.ee so we will see where that goes. leslie, politically, is steve right about the con trail at the clinton foundation and all the stories we were talking about just a year ago? >> no. absolutely not. get off the desk, steve and republicans as well because the victory will only come if and i have agreed with trey gowdy twice now in the past year and i have 100 percent confidence in mueller. mueller has this investigation. he is talking to everyone. and with regard to this dossier, we have to look at not only iss it not criminal and very common for political organizations to pay to find dirt and dig up dirt on their opponent, all of their opponents, but we know the original check that was written to mr. steele to come up with
10:21 pm
this dossier didn't come from the clintons or the democrats. it's originally from still unnamed republican. >> that's not right. that is simply untrue. mr. steele was never involved when the republicans paid. they paid for standard opposition research. steele came later. >> they paid on the research. they paid fusion for the research. >> they paid the firm but that's untrue. >> fusion is not. >> i'm not going to get away with that lie. it's simply untrue. it's untrue. n >> steve, steve, that is not untrue. >> bill: hang on, steve. go ahead, leslie. >> thank you. first of all, we also have to remember our current president, president trump, our former president, president obama, were briefed on and privy to the contents of that dossier, which by the way, has not been substantiated. mr. mueller has interviewed mr. steele. mr. mueller has all of the
10:22 pm
information with regard to the dossier and russia is not just about the dossier, which is why i say that you can't be on the victory because this doesn't point to no trump collusion for russia in the election. >> bill: without the dossier, do have you these russia mattersbe that are pursued, steve? without the dossier, do you have government officials who are suspicious and looking for more and more information? and they dig deeper because they are suspicious in the first place? and now have you got a dossier that could have been bought and paid for by the political opponents of the president of the united states? >> here's the important point. was there collusion between the trump campaign and russia? the evidence is utterly no. is emphatically no. no collusion. no collusion of any kind between the trump campaign and any foreign source for that matter. now, is there evidence of serious infiltration of the american political process by russia via the clintons? yes, incredible information and evidence that there was.
10:23 pm
if we are going to look at collusion, let's be real about this. where does this lens actually point? it doesn't point at our campaign at the trump campaign, it points at anywhere on the t clintons. >> bill: on that point, has this story given itself 180-degree rotation in the past 24 hours? >> bill, i think that people, like steve and his party would like to think that. steve, i find it interesting that you say there is zero evidence of anything, mr. mueller should pack up his bags and go home because he hasn't you forget flynn and manafort and carter all the names being interviewed. we don't know the outcome of that. i am willing to wait because i will believe he will come out with the outcome. >> bill: back to the question hasnd w the story been flipped n its head in the last day? >> i think for some reason, bill, the story has certainly been flipped on its head because on the right people constantly complain that hillary clinton
10:24 pm
just won't go away. but they keep bringing her and her husband, the foundation, their money, the campaign and the e election back. with the exception of her book, she has pretty much gone away. >> bill: look, republicans run these committees in the house, steve, and they are not going to let this thing die. and it's going to go on for some time. and we can say that with clarity tonight. >> i'm one republican who does not want hillary clinton to go away because the longer that she is the face of the democratic party, as a republican and as a trump partisan, the better it is for us. so, please, trot her out at every occasion. let her make every excuse possible including the russians and the dog ate my homework.. the truth is they are a bankrupt party, bankrupt of ideas with the most unlikeable candidate in my lifetime, and they are hell bent on making every excuse possible except for the reality which is we had better ideas. we captivated the american
10:25 pm
people and we pulled off the greatest electoral revolution in american history and we are not done yet. >> bill: i feel like i'm in new hampshire tonight not new york. chicago. leslie marshall good luck with the traffic in l.a. in a moment president trump claims he has done more to keep us safe from isis than president obama did in 8 years. we will look at the evidence and see whether or not that statement holds up tonight. the former u.s. ambassador at the u.n. john bolton is here tonight right after this. o oth you know who likes to be in control? this guy. check it out! self-appendectomy! oh, that's really attached. that's why i rent from national. where i get the control to choose any car in the aisle i want, not some car they choose for me. which makes me one smooth operator.
10:26 pm
ah! still a little tender. (vo) go national. go like a pro. even if you're trying your best.be a daily struggle, along with diet and exercise, once-daily toujeo® may help you control your blood sugar. get into a daily groove. ♪ let's groove tonight. ♪ share the spice of life. ♪ baby, slice it right. from the makers of lantus®, ♪ we're gonna groove tonight. toujeo® provides blood sugar-lowering activity
10:27 pm
for 24 hours and beyond, proven blood sugar control all day and all night, and significant a1c reduction. toujeo® is used to control high blood sugar in adults with diabetes. it contains 3 times as much insulin in 1 milliliter as standard insulin. don't use toujeo® to treat diabetic ketoacidosis, during episodes of low blood sugar or if you're allergic to insulin. get medical help right away if you have a serious allergic reaction such as body rash or trouble breathing. don't reuse needles or share insulin pens. the most common side effect is low blood sugar, which can be life threatening. it may cause shaking, sweating, fast heartbeat, and blurred vision. check your blood sugar levels daily. injection site reactions may occur. don't change your dose of insulin without talking to your doctor. tell your doctor about all your medicines and medical conditions. check insulin label each time you inject. taking tzds with insulins, like toujeo®, may cause heart failure that can lead to death. find your rhythm and keep on grooving. ♪ let's groove tonight.
10:28 pm
ask your doctor about toujeo®. ♪ share the spice of life. our recent online sales success seems a little... strange?nk na. ever since we switched to fedex ground business has been great. they're affordable and fast... maybe "too affordable and fast." what if... "people" aren't buying these books online, but "they" are buying them to protect their secrets?!?! hi bill. if that is your real name. it's william actually. hmph! affordable, fast fedex ground.
10:29 pm
yes or no?gin. do you want the same tools and seamless experience across web and tablet? do you want $4.95 commissions for stocks, $0.50 options contracts? $1.50 futures contracts? what about a dedicated service team of trading specialists? did you say yes? good, then it's time for power e*trade. the platform, price and service that gives you the edge you need. looks like we have a couple seconds left. let's do some card twirling twirling cards e*trade. the original place to invest online. >> bill: half past the hour now. thanks for staying up with us tonight.al president trump says he has done more to keep us safe than obama did. with regard to isis over thehe past 8 years. he said this today. >> we are beating isis very badly. you look at what's happened in the middle east. we have done more in 8 months
10:30 pm
than the previous administration has done in many years. >> bill: there it is. john bolton tonight former u.s. ambassador to the u.n. nice to see you. different time of day for the both of us. is he right with his statementer on the face of it? >> well, i think to a considerable extent, yes. number one, neville chamberlain does not live in the white house. i think he has made that clear. i think he has made it clear with iranian and north korea weapons program and with respect to international terrorism, he has put really the issue back in the center where it should be ob radical islamic politicized version of islam and the threat they pose.ol >> bill: i really -- i hold jack keane, the four star general's opinion in high regard. >> likewise. >> bill: two years ago he came here and said here is what i would do, i land the night in the middle of raqqa and take the place down in 48 hours. would it have been that easy. o >> i think what he was saying is the pace could have been speedee up considerably. it's unarguable that donald
10:31 pm
trump ordered an increase in the operations tempo. he changed the rules of engagement. i think it's clear that isis could have been defeated, the caliphate could have been defeated long before. it was barack obama who said his objective was to degrade and ultimately destroy isis. donald trump came in and said we're going to destroy it as soon as we can now, there are mistakes in this strategy that obama followed and trump continued. namely reliance on the forces of the baghdad government and she a militia which are largely controlled by iran. this is the next fight we're going to face. but, in terms of speeding up the defeat of the isis caliphate, i think there is no doubt trump -- >> bill: i saw a map today that showed isis in control of 3% oft iraq and 5% of syria. if that is the case on the ground that is remarkable the obama defenders will tell you this policy was put in motion two years ago. walls it?bl >> slow motion. that's the problem. that obama was content to take a
10:32 pm
long period of time during which i think we will find sadly that isis exfill traited a lot of ita leadership and its trained forces to places like libya, afghanistan, yemen, in other words, got them out of the caliphate so that the chance of the geographic control does not end their terrorist threat. the longer you gave them to get their people out of there, thehe more they took advantage. that was the big mistake. >> mike morell former director of the cia said no doubt the trump team followed their basic strategy. >> there is no doubt that he continued reliance on the iraqi forces which, as i say, i think was a mistake.e. i think coming in to the new administration, the defense department, the state department, the intelligence community should have given him other options. but, in terms of the pace, speed at which this campaign is comint to an end, i think there is a huge difference between the obama approach and the trump approach. >> bill: just go back to the
10:33 pm
point you were making about exporting its leadership. where did they go? >> well, i think they went to places that are not undero? anybody's effective control. libya doesn't have effective central government. afghanistan is very confined asd we just saw from secretary of state tillerson's trip where he made it to the bag gram air force base and that was it possibly to yemen. they will could see what was going to happen. the combination of american air power, american artillery and armor, american advisors to kurds and iraqi forces was going to lead to the defeat of isis. the question was how quickly would it happen? how many of their leadership would we be able to destroy? how many of their terrorists could get out? i think too many have, unfortunately. >> bill: last point on this said geographical puzzle to try to piece together libya has been under pressure. northeastern libya has hadrt drones overtime for some time now. now you start to get familiar
10:34 pm
with countries like mali and nigh niger that we have been talking about for the last twoo weeks. this, i believe, is where the battle with regard to isis will be fought next.. >> look, all across north africa, the scene between shah harrah africa largely islamist and subis a hair ran christian. -- christian and animist, we have seen the seam ripped up. we see what happens. this is a real threat. so the islamists have moved out of the caliphate. they have moved out of iraq. and are in north africa or afghanistan. tnd the terrorists threat continues and i think is increasing. even as the isis caliphate dissent united states. u >> bill: that will be the next chapter,unfortunately. so will iran. >> bill: stay on offense and you have a chance at this.t >> that's right. >> bill: good to see you. >> good to be here. >> bill: horrific las vegas still so many answers missingg
10:35 pm
tonight. that's the only things that's missing. that's missing in las vegas that, could rather, hold the answers to this investigation. we'll tell you what that is next. ♪ retirement squirrel from voya. i represent the money you save for the future. who's he? he's the green money you can spend now. what's up? gonna pay some bills, maybe buy a new tennis racket. he's got a killer backhand. when it's time to get organized for retirement, it's time to get voya.
10:36 pm
10:37 pm
i enjoy the fresher things in life.o. fresh towels. fresh soaps. and of course, tripadvisor's freshest, lowest... ...prices. so if you're anything like me... ...you'll want to check tripadvisor. we now instantly compare prices... ...from over 200 booking sites... ...to find you the lowest price... ...on the hotel you want. go on, try something fresh. tripadvisor. the latest reviews. the lowest prices.
10:38 pm
>> bill: fascinating development earlier today deepening mystery that motivated stephen paddock >> bill: fascinating development earlier today deepening mystery
10:39 pm
that motivated stephen paddock to kill 58 people last month in vegas. here is the report as it broke in abc news. >> tonight abc news has learned exclusively that the hard drive is missing from the laptop computer found in stephen paddock's sniper's at the mandalay bay hotel. some authorities suspect that paddock destroyed or t intentionally hid the hard drive to keep law enforcement from information. that may have told them why he killed 58 people and wounded hundreds more. he would want to erase his digital history so nobody could ever figure out how and why he did what he did. >> bill: reporting from ourt l. bureau. aaron cohen with me.ro good evening to you on the west coast. what would explain as to why? you don't have a hard drive and a laptop inside that room. >> well, i can tell you from my experience in the intelligence business we would destroy a hard drive if we were conducting an operation and we didn't want to have any circuitry fingerprint. any type of email fingerprint. c any type of web browsing
10:40 pm
fingerprint.pr essentially what it does is erases any potential findings to a motive. it destroys the mosaic with a composition of the mosaic completely. as to why stephen paddock wouldn't want to have that in there to me again it's bizarre. the reason why is we know he was the one who committed the murder. we know he was the mass shooter. all i can glean from this is that he didn't want any of thehe events leading up to the shooting and what caused the shooting to be public knowledge. it doesn't really make sense. the guy went out, he openeddg fire, you know, 500 people injured over 50 people killed. you know, it fits the m.o. of a potential organized assassin but, yet, it doesn't make sense. >> bill: so much of it doesn't make sense. aaron, is there evidence that he erased his other digital footprint on other commuters or went back to tried to hide any of that or delete it? >> my contacts from las vegas
10:41 pm
from who i have spoken to. they have been very tight lipped because this is ongoing investigation. everybody i have spoken to anything leading to digital footprint has gone missing. in this particular case the laptop. we know the home or house was broken into or someone entered the house at some point, which is i believe -- >> bill: the home was broken into, when, harasser the -- after the massacre? >> yeah. after the massacre. so, again, it's like there just seems to be a lot of things that have been put in to motion to try and destroy any bit of understanding of what this guy's intention might have been, what leading up to whether it was him flipping out on some kind of delusion or psychological breakdown. whether there was money problems that he was having. you know, so, everything that i'm seeing here, it just doesn't
10:42 pm
fit with the m.o. of the profile. f >> bill: far be it for us to understand why a killer does something like this and plans and plots and carries it out the way he does. but, there was another home upno in reno that they found, right? and there were apparently reportedly numerous technology devices that were found inside there. i just have to think there are answers out there. but, as to why we don't know,t, that is still a mystery to me tonight tonight? can you even try to fill in those blanks, aaron? >> i'm going to do so and consciously i have worked closely with law enforcement last 15 years. i automatic not going to go there because it doesn't make sense. >> bill: i don't want theory by the way if you are able through your sources in las vegas toay piece this together for us tonight because it's been a long time without answers and killers don't act this way. they usually leave a footprint because they want the attention
10:43 pm
or they die for some crazy causl that they want to draw attention to. >> correct. >> bill: how do you process that? >> well, very slowly and the as process is very, very slow at this point. my processing is we need to investigating and here's why. give law enforcement more time to continue investigating. even though the server has gone missing, even though the internal hardware of that computer was taken out, every email lands somewhere, bill. and those emails whether or not we don't know what was said to them they landed on somebody else's. and that's what law enforcement would be looking at right now. that's what we would be looking at in israel right now the next pad book who was triggered by -- if this was.
10:44 pm
let me say that again. there had to be a trigger. you don't just kill 50 people randomly. that is a fact. however, what the trigger was, we don't know and i just think. >> bill: slow trigger because he prepared for it? >> right. slow trigger because he prepared for it. but he did a lots this had to be festering for some period of time. >> bill: based on experience that sometimes easy answers take a while and to follow the t digital footprint, in this case an allusive footprint, it's going to take some time. do we just have to accept that?? >> i believe we do have to accept it, bill. i think you teed that up exactly, exactly what the -- in terms of what the reality of this case is. you have a specific individual who went to a specific place for a specific reason. but the motive will take quite
10:45 pm
some time to unravel, because for whatever reason this individual has come prepared in terms of not being able to crack the investigation easily. so, patience, investigating, the fbi is probably the top tier investigating agency in the world. if not the history of time. continue to seek their teeth into this and get more answers. we need to be patient and let this thing unravel. >> bill: can be hard for the victims. aaron cohen live in los angeles. great to have you on. thank you. is president trump about to make a deal to fix the immigration matter?kre we will tell you what was spoken today that has a lot of people asking that question tonight. ♪ after a dvt blood clot... i sure had a lot on my mind. my 30-year marriage... ...my 3-month old business... plus...what if this happened again? i was given warfarin in the hospital, but wondered, was this the best treatment for me? so i made a point to talk to my doctor.
10:46 pm
he told me about eliquis. eliquis treats dvt and pe blood clots and reduces the risk of them happening again. not only does eliquis treat dvt and pe blood clots. eliquis also had significantly less major bleeding than the standard treatment. eliquis had both... ...and that turned around my thinking. don't stop eliquis unless your doctor tells you to. eliquis can cause serious and in rare cases fatal bleeding. don't take eliquis if you have an artificial heart valve or abnormal bleeding. if you had a spinal injection while on eliquis call your doctor right away if you have tingling, numbness, or muscle weakness. while taking eliquis, you may bruise more easily... and it may take longer than usual for bleeding to stop. seek immediate medical care for sudden signs of bleeding, like unusual bruising. eliquis may increase your bleeding risk if you take certain medicines. tell your doctor about all planned medical or dental procedures. eliquis treats dvt and pe blood clots. plus had less major bleeding. both made eliquis right for me. ask your doctor if switching to eliquis is right for you.
10:47 pm
>> tech: don't wait for a chip like this to crack your whole windshield. with safelite's exclusive resin, you get a strong repair that you can trust. plus, with most insurance a safelite repair is no cost to you. >> customer: really?! >> singers: safelite repair, safelite replace.
10:48 pm
10:49 pm
>> bill: this certainly >> bill: this certainly is getting interesting, house speaker paul ryan speaking about daca immigration reform he sayss it will be part of a spending bill that could come up in the coming weeks. that's according to several reports out of washington today. president trump on his way outhi of the white house said he was asked about that and said this.i >> the budget deal is december, do you want daca. >> we have to get something for it. but we are looking at daca. we will see what happens.
10:50 pm
i would love to do a daca dealil but we have to get something very substantial for it including the wall. including security. including a strong border. we have to be able to stop drugs from pouring into our nation. >> bill: and you wonder what is the bargain that could be in the offing between the president and republicans and congress and democrats. has this congress been able to b show whether or not it can forge any deal on anything just yet? when you look at the failure of obamacare over the summer. and you look at tax or poor mark tax cuts, whatever form that might be. we wait to see whether or not washington can lead on this. in d.c. tonight mark ladder former vice secretary to vice president pence. thanks for being here. what is the connection between doing a deal with daca now and what do you think you could get for it that would make the president sign up for it? >> well, as the president saides today, he wants to see stronger border security.
10:51 pm
that has got to be in any kind of final package. the president has said this from his days on the campaign trail to the last nine months in t office. he wants to secure the border and our families and neighborhoods from the scourge of drugs pouring in over the southern border. we have made a lot of progress under the president in reducing illegal southern border crossings we need to keep at it and make it stuffer. -- tougher. >> bill: what i'm hearing is if congress gives him funding for a wall give him a deal. >> he also wants 10 though, more -- 10,000 more border agents at the border. wants other security measures in place to help protect our southern border primarily. so all of that comes together. >> bill: i think he will get a lot of that don't you? you're going to get drones. you're going to get surveillance. i think the question is whether or not you get the money to build a physical wall. >> well, and that's something
10:52 pm
that the president has been very strong on. he says we are going to build the wall. and he is serious when he said's we are going to build the wall. right now you don't know what to take democrats at their word a next minute one threatening to shut the government down years in advance. it's kind of negotiating tactic on tax reform where they used to be for it and now against it border security where they were for it and now against it. when you start negotiating with democrats, when there is a republican in the white house who wants to get things done, then you do not have everything. >> bill: they do not have the majority in the senate,eb you kw that is debatable now. do you have confidence that this congress and president trump can push things forward? >> i do. i think the american people are expecting action. they want to see action out of this congress, whether that's on tax reform, which we're seeing move as we speak. you're going to see a large
10:53 pm
bill, the omnibus bill keep the government operating past the first of the fear. -- year. you are also seeing both side trying to get a deal done for the dreamers. >> bill: trying. the effort is still out there. listen, you mention democrats a lot in this occasion conversation. we did hear from hillary clinton. she said the party is a mess. she said the following. >> the republican party is imploding. it is becoming a far rightht captive party to ideological, religious, and commercial interests. it is, at the mercy of its financial backers and cabal of leaders who are doing things like shrinking the electorate. gerrymandering and taking every step they can to maintain power on behalf of themselves and those that are like minded.ma >> bill: mark, there is a lot to unpack there in the minute left
10:54 pm
we don't have enough time to go after all of that. but, you know, just take her basic premise there when you think with the conflicts with jeff flake and bob corker and et cetera, is she on to somethingng where republicans are looking inside at themselves? >> you are seeing a lot of public squabbling. also seeing action on the backside. the policies. let's ber honest, hillary clintn pushes through failure. she has lost two presidential elections. she was supposed to win. in neither case she was able to the democratic party does not have a policy, their only motto resist. right now under president trump with leaders in the house and the senate we're going to focus on results.it that's what the president is focused on.en >> bill: marc lotter used to work with the vice president. nice to see you. >> nice to see you, bill.re >> bill: we'll be back with more
10:55 pm
"fox news tonight" right after this. ♪ can we do this tomorrow? if you have heart failure symptoms, your risk of hospitalization could increase, making tomorrow uncertain. but entresto is a medicine that was proven, in the largest heart failure study ever, to help more people stay alive and out of the hospital than a leading heart failure medicine. women who are pregnant must not take entresto. it can cause harm or death to an unborn baby. don't take entresto with an ace inhibitor or aliskiren. if you've had angioedema while taking an ace or arb medicine, don't take entresto. the most serious side effects are angioedema, low blood pressure, kidney problems, or high potassium in your blood. ♪ tomorrow, tomorrow... ♪ when can we do this again, grandpa?
10:56 pm
well, how about tomorrow? ask your doctor about entresto and help make tomorrow possible. ask your doctor a silicon valley server farm. the vault to man's greatest wonders... selfies, cat videos and winking emojis. speaking of tech wonders, with the geico app you can get roadside assistance, digital id cards... or even file a claim. do that.. yeah, yeah that should work. it's not happening... just try again. uh, i think i found your problem. thanks. hmm... the award-winning geico app. download it today.
10:57 pm
you're searching for something. whoooo. like the perfect deal... ...on the perfect hotel. so wouldn't it be perfect if... ....there was a single site... ...where you could find the... ...right hotel for you at the best price? there is. because tripadvisor now compares... ...prices from over 200 booking... ...sites ...to save you up to 30%... ...on the hotel you want. trust this bird's words. tripadvisor. the latest reviews. the lowest prices.
10:58 pm
10:59 pm
>> bill: check out laura on monday. shannon bream follows laura. all new programming. i will see you tomorrow with sandra smith on "america's newsroom." we will talk about the white house, newt gingrich. we will talk with sarah huckabee sanders tomorrow.
11:00 pm
about all the matters we have been discussing. where we go from here. thanks for watching, everybody. i am bill hemmer. have a great evening. good night from new york. ♪ tucker carlson is next. >> good evening. welcome to "tucker carlson tonight" tonight. today we have new exclusive information from a government source given to us just hours ago from the stephen paddock case. we'll tell you more in a minute. first, the law of unintended consequences remains in force in washington tonight. we now know the m

33 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on