Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  November 8, 2017 2:00pm-3:00pm PST

2:00 pm
that tax cut deadline be slipping? find out what steve scalise is saying. he will be with us tomorrow on "your world." he is confident. we will maybe get a gauge of how confident. "the five" is next. >> dana: i am dana perino with kimberly guilfoyle. excuse me. juan williams, jesse watters, greg gutfeld. it's 5:00 in new york city, and this is "the five." democrats are selling their first victory is in the air of president trump. winds and the races in virginia and new jersey had across the country. they have declared election day 2017 a referendum on the president. >> you have sent a message tonight not simply to the voters in the commonwealth of virginia. you have sent a message across
2:01 pm
the globe to south korea, donald trump, you don't stand for our values. >> you made a choice for better schools, better jobs, for better education, and better health care. and you rejected donald trump's fear, hatred, and bigotry. >> this is one of the first major election since donald trump was elected. tonight new jersey sent an unmistakable message to the entire nation. we are better than this. >> this was a rejection not only of president trump but of the policies that he and the republican party seem to be adopting. >> dana: president trump sees it otherwise. he was unable to help draw more votes for ed gillespie, he tweeted "gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what i stood for. republicans won 4 out of 4 house
2:02 pm
seats. we will continue to win even bigger than before." let me clarify. greg, i didn't burp. sometimes you have to swallow before you talk but then we were on. >> greg: lack of professionalism. there are people who tune in for real tv and here you burp. >> dana: we will go to kimberly first. >> kimberly: you could learn something, greg. this is a bit of an upset, right? he was down 3% but with in the margin of error. he thought maybe he could pull it out because he had the momentum. then he got the endorsement from president trump. you've got to be honest, this was disappointing because they really hoped the kind of turn it around. when you look at the map, you saw red, red, red. some of the bigger cities in the urban areas.
2:03 pm
we've seen it happen in new york et cetera where you have a few key places that are more urban that pull in the large majority of votes despite the fact that the whole rest of the map was red. fascinating from that point. we've seen of ms. of the trend in that direction. we certainly did in the presidential election. it was interesting that trump backed away little bit. you weren't enough like i am, so therefore you didn't get it across the finish line. >> dana: a lot of analysis going back and forth on that. what do you think? >> jesse: i don't necessarily believe the trump tweet but it was great spin. i think a democrat won a blue state last night. no time to panic that there are some serious warning signs. >> kimberly: you are wearing a blue tie today. >> jesse: i know. i am playing mind games with the left. they'll yell how angry they are about the election. i want to be undercover. look at virginia. i don't think the last three
2:04 pm
presidential elections a republican has won that state. there's a lot of government employees there, hispanic population, wealthy zip codes. donald trump eked out the primary win over rubio. the new virginia governor is a two-time george w. bush voter. the democrats have not won anything in red territory yet. this is not enemy territory. this was their home turf. i think in 2008 or 2009 when obama was in the same position, republicans had won massachusetts, new jersey, and virginia. trumps approval rating in virginia. turnout among democrats was very high and it was in anti-trump vote, not a pro northam vote.
2:05 pm
college educated women, the republicans got trounced in the state legislature races which means a grassroots movement is there. the concern is remember how obama did so well when he was on the ticket but then when he was off the ticket coming got trounced? the warning signs, because of trump's loyal base and he is a persona driven movement that when he's not there in a midterm or off-year election, people aren't going to turn out and it's going to be in anti-trump vote. >> dana: part of that was because obama pretty much didn't worry about it. he let the party do it. he was like the party of one and that's one of the reasons why they had to claw their way back. >> greg: this is completely natural. the pendulum swing. we saw this under obama. the opposition is always more galvanized when they are out of
2:06 pm
power. they have every reason to go out there and vote. and it's more exciting to vote for president obama that his party, and it was more exciting to vote for donald trump that his party. that's what you see. you need a focal point which was president obama and donald trum donald trump. it's like a natural set of checks and balances. you elect this guy, donald trump, then you let the other side gained seats by not voting. it's almost unconsciously some kind of evolutionary reflects that we crave the tension between parties. we want to have this guy in but we don't want to go too far so we almost consciously decide not to put anything out there until we have to. so you get this weird kind of balance. i want to talk about one more thing. if ed gillespie had won, juan would have said this was a harbinger of a bitter, hateful campaign. these ugly ads that go after -- this is going to be the norm
2:07 pm
because ed gillespie won. ralph won. that's an ominous sign that bitter, hateful identity politics. the ad we trashed works. the ad that portrayed white republicans as racist who killed children, it actually worked. when tom perez talks about fear, hatred, and bigotry, he is talking about his own party. this should send a chill up everybody's spine if you still have us find that that this dangerous stuff. the company that did the ad already claimed they are going to double down -- i hate that phrase. but they are going to double down. they did something really, really ugly and it worked. >> dana: i think they would have done that ad against ed even though he had not -- even if he had not run ads about ms-13. juan come i will give you the floor and a second. i want to point out married
2:08 pm
women had gone for president trump in virginia by a point over. ralph northam won married women by ten points. still gillespie got 120,000 more republican votes in 2017 then he did in 2014 when he ran for the senate. it was a high turnout election all across the board with the democrats certainly had more votes. >> juan: they did have more votes. to me it has all the markings of a wave election, going back to what happened in '06 when the democrats took over the house. >> dana: i remember that. >> juan: in '10 when the republicans took over from the democrats. what we saw in both cases is what we saw in virginia. you look at things like the generic number in terms of preference, republicans, democrats, the house of representatives. double digit at the moment for the democrats. factor in what greg was talking about in terms of trump's
2:09 pm
approval rating at the moment. at about 38%. this does not help, especially when you consider that historically -- >> greg: two different people, juan. >> jesse: do we all look alike, juan? >> juan: when you consider that the president who's in power is not popular, it historically hurts and the midterms. i think the big points i took away from last night, the big issue is not immigration. not at all. the number one issue, health care. not even close. 40% of voters but it was their number one issue. they favored the democrat northam by 55%. wow. you factor in what happened in maine where you had maine voters go against their governor and say we want to expand medicaid. oh, my gosh. this is the first time obamacare has been expanded by a general
2:10 pm
referendum, general vote of the people. again, it says a lot about what could be the big issues going into '18. the other thing i would throw in is that for the democrat, the reason they are so exuberant -- they are going to see a boost in fund-raising, in candidates. people are calling back. democrats who have been legging find they have some energy. >> dana: can i bring in somebody who was not on the ballot but on people's minds. it's hillary clinton who said last night was a great reminder of what's possible when we come together and fight for what we believe in. so i wanted to take a few minutes to celebrate the extraordinary successes of a few groups i proudly fight alongsid alongside. kimberly, what do you think? i think the democrats are little more liberated now they don't have her as a candidate.
2:11 pm
>> kimberly: an albatross choking the very life out of the party. saying this is a movement. like she is the face of it. look what happened now. talking about it. >> greg: is the marathon was ending, she snuck in. she's pretending she is leading the parade. >> kimberly: people see through it. she wants to be, get some congratulations. this doesn't have anything to do with her. >> juan: it is all about trump. i don't know if that is good news to you guys but it's kind of curious. >> dana: virginia is a tough place for a republican going forward. i do think, as jesse asked me, is it no longer a purple state. virginia is a blue state. >> jesse: de blasio won the mayoral race in new york.
2:12 pm
the democrat won and new jersey. everyone was surprised when chris christie won there. it's a blue state, juan. virginia's blue. don't get excited, it's still a trickle. >> juan: i think when you look at the map that kimberly was describing coming you see all the red in the middle. these are mostly -- >> dana: there is not that many people that live there. >> juan: 60% of the people who voted said they had a negative, in virginia, a negative impression of the g.o.p. and 60% said they had a negative impression of donald trump. >> jesse: the media market. democratic party approval rating is at a historic low. in the 30s. not during that great. >> dana: let's keep an eye on governor terry mcauliffe. he felt pretty good last night i think. president trump won the white house exactly one year ago
2:13 pm
today. greg gives an annual review nex next. i can guide you in? no, thanks , santa, i got this. looks a little tight. perfect fit. santa needs an f-150. that's ford, america's best selling brand. hurry in today for 0% financing for 72 months across the full line of ford cars, trucks and suvs! and just announced... get 0 % apr for 72 months plus $1000 cash back! take advantage of these exclusive holiday offers during the ford year end sales event. we are the tv doctors of america, and we may not know much about medicine, but we know a lot about drama. we also know that you can avoid drama by getting an annual check-up. so go, know, and take control of your health. it could save your life. cigna. together, all the way.
2:14 pm
2:15 pm
2:16 pm
♪ >> greg: it is been one year's
2:17 pm
of donald trump was elected. according to leftists, the world should've ended. stock market crash, america becomes a pariah. this was our destiny. well, sorry, guys. it hasn't panned out. stock market climbs. childlessness drops. regulations rollback, paris accord. china playing ball with north korea. the left marks this day with an event called screen helplessly at the sky on the anniversary of the election. here is tape of them warming up. >> [screaming] >> greg: [laughs] is this an adult's response? no. can you think of a time when you
2:18 pm
marked a loss with a tantrum after age 4? i remember elections where my guy lost but i got on with my life. why can't these folks do it? they made politics a bigger part of their lives and it should be. they made the political personal. once politics trumps everything, it it's because these people lack real friends and relationships. they are miserable. look at sports, entertainment, friendship. where politics in truth, it's devouring. look what happened to the nfl. used to be fun. the key a life is realizing that life goes on. with or without politics. that person you hate politically might be more like you than you might think, admitting that is part of growing up. which sadly doesn't always accompany growing old. juan, i know you are distraught that the world has not ended under the greatest president we've ever had, donald trump. would you admitted -- you
2:19 pm
admitted in the break. greatest president. >> kimberly: i heard that. >> juan: i am always turning on a dime. i had said it would be great if greg gutfeld was president. he would be the greatest president ever. you would be much better than the guy whose ratings are the lowest in the history of any president. >> greg: does it matter? you can vote for somebody you don't like. >> juan: i'm telling you he's not a popular president. >> greg: and a lot of people don't like their bosses but still realize their boss is effective. >> juan: i don't know that they realize, but because what -- the first year it seems to me trump played to resentment, agreements, identity politics. when you are talking about nfl. i thought nfl, who made this into a big, divisive issue? donald trump. we were talking about immigration in the virginia race
2:20 pm
that it was not a big issue. health care was a big issue. but it turns out that in that last week when they been controversial ad you mentioned was running, guess what, it was about 20% of the electorate made their decision as to who to vote for. overwhelmingly they went to the democrat who said last night in his acceptance speech virginia is going to be open, accepting of people, and not bitter. i think he was talking about donald trump. >> kimberly: listen, let's talk about effectiveness and numbers that matter. not the other side's opinion of whether he's into identity politics. i think the other side is far more guilty of that. you look at the job numbers with president trump. those numbers are up in a favorable way. trade with canada, mexico, exports from the united states up. when you look at the things he's accomplishing with national security and foreign policy, with isis being beaten down to a pulp. these are the type of things that should matter.
2:21 pm
people should be happy about it and say let's be fair in our analysis and look at the cold, hard facts and statistics of what has transpired since he became president. >> greg: personality is not everything. don't you know it, jesse. i don't know if i should tell you but you are going to the screaming event. we are not going to see where. >> jesse: in an unknown location. >> kimberly: you are undercover. >> jesse: i didn't want to remind everybody that i also blew it. >> dana: leave that to me. >> jesse: i prepared by giving the president a grade. i am giving him a b+. i think he's had a great year. there has been some self-inflicted wounds and there is room for improvement. national security and foreign affairs, a- . he rallied the world around north korea.
2:22 pm
he is getting us out of these bad climate and trade deals. iran is on notice. syria got the message. nato is ponying up some money. he has forged great relationships with world leader leaders. the foreign trips have been seamless and he has given great speeches. domestic policy, b, b. a lot of self-inflicted wounds. obamacare repeal didn't happen. tax cuts, you know how i feel about that. not looking great on that point. we have dramatic staff shake-ups that were necessary. that caused a lot of drama. and then obviously the comey deal causes a major, major problem if something bad happens there. the good side, gorsuch, ms-13 decimated. border crossings down, wall prototypes and being tested. manufacturing and mining jobs are up. gdp growth on pace for 3% this year. under obama, it never hit 3% in any year. >> juan: that's not true. it hit 5%.
2:23 pm
>> jesse: what planet are you on? >> dana: contribution -- >> jesse: can i finish? some intangibles. besides that, the intangibles fighting the culture war when it comes to kneeling or political correctness. the tweeting is great, 90%. i think he's hilarious when he acts like a boss and puts people in their place. all and all, solid. >> greg: anything else you want to add? >> dana: we are out of time. voting in droves is a lot more effective than shouting in the sky, and that's what they did in virginia last night and i think of the democrats can find a way to keep it going, then yeah, there's problems. even if you don't like him and you could be supportive of those things, you look at these dates that are changing. the electoral college will not save you in 2018. it's important for him for all
2:24 pm
sorts of reasons to have the house and senate in republican hands. the other thing that could hurt the democrats is endless talk of impeachment and representative al green of texas today was on the floor promising a vote on impeachment by christmas. i think if the democrats want to erase their enthusiasm gap, then they should keep talking about that because that will generate enthusiasm amongst republicans. >> greg: the democrats might use impeachment the way it republicans talk about obamacar obamacare. i can't give him a grade without the tax stuff. i can give him a a on foreign policy. donna brazile insists the democratic party wasn't rigged for hillary after she proclaimed it was. if you are confused, you are not alone. next.
2:25 pm
we35 mules,ur doors with 70 mega-watts, and an ice plant. but we brought power to the people- redefining what that meant from one era to the next.
2:26 pm
over 90 years later, we continue to build as america's 3rd largest investor in infrastructure. we don't just help power the american dream... we're part of it.
2:27 pm
2:28 pm
it's a like, a dagger?a worm! a tiny sword? bread...breadstick? a matchstick! a lamppost! coin slot! no? uhhh... 10 seconds. a stick! a walking stick! eiffel tower, mount kilimanjaro! (ding) time! sorry, it's a tandem bicycle. what? what?! as long as sloths are slow, you can count on geico saving folks money. fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent or more on car insurance. ♪
2:29 pm
>> kimberly: former dnc chair donna brazile is making the rounds. you can catch her tonight on tucker carlson at 8:00 p.m. eastern. and with dana. >> dana: no. maybe next week. >> kimberly: she's going to be on with you. perhaps we can get to the bottom of why she's been backtracking on her own claims of the 2016 primary was rigged. in hillary clinton's favor. >> i did not say the process was rigged. i said i want to find out. >> but you said proof of it being rigged. >> no, i've got a little st. anthony here. i said i would get to the bottom of whether or not hillary's team had rigged the party process in her favor. i believe it was a fair fight because ultimately the voters decided. >> kimberly: brazile had some choice words for the clinton campaign. >> why did they lose? was it arrogance?
2:30 pm
>> yes, joe. it was a cult. you could not penetrate them. >> kimberly: all right, what do you make of it? >> greg: if she doesn't remember saying "rigged," she is like me. she drinks while she writes. she did say it was rigged, right? i think she should have run for it she's far more interesting and entertaining and more blunt than any of the candidates they had. i think she could have been a pretty strong adversary to trump. the thing is, the democratic party is a catch with a hair ball in its throat and they are trying to cough it up. it is the clinton hair ball. she's right. it was a cult. do you remember chelsey's speech at the dnc as if she was speaking down to all the little people and it was very slow. >> kimberly: so bad we couldn't even talk about it. >> greg: she was speaking to
2:31 pm
them like they were dropped as children. it was very cult-like to me. i think donna brazile is right. she should have run. maybe 2020. >> dana: people have been trying to get her to run for years in washington, d.c. she resists because she liked to work on campaigns. i'm looking forward to talk tus interview. i think he will ask questions that are new and different. >> kimberly: i can't wait for the faces. >> greg: he doesn't make any faces. >> dana: i hope she calls him honey. >> jesse: i have grown to like donna brazile. i am liking everything she's saying, everything she's writing. i hope she writes a whole series. i might even buy one. i think she is backing off -- i learned from the best. i think she is backing off the
2:32 pm
rigged thing because it makes hillary look even more crooked than she already is commended makes the democratic brand look corrupt. she's going to be as honest as she can possibly be without destroying the brand. there is another great bombshell in this. the fbi says hey, dnc, i.t. guy, you got hacked. the i.t. guy turns on the computer and says no, we are good. doesn't tell anybody. the fbi calls them five more times and says you've been hacked. finally they get someone with authority and go we are not going to do anything about it until the primaries are over. they waited months while these hackers were inside their server doing god knows what. finally debbie wasserman schultz finds out. she goes, too bad. doesn't tell anybody. doesn't hand over the server. makes perfect sense why she didn't and she didn't know her own i.t. guy was running around. the whole thing stinks. it's like you go on vacation or
2:33 pm
near neighbor says you were burglarized. and then you wait until you come back from vacation to call the cops. they didn't even care. >> kimberly: who ignores something like that? the fbi goes, hello? computer intrusion. you've been hacked. you don't do anything about it. >> juan: this story has been out for years. what was interesting -- >> dana: but call it a bombshell. >> juan: from donna's perspective, she went to the white house and there is the attorney general sang the dnc is not reacting. susan rice saying you've got a problem over there. she said when she got the call from debbie wasserman schultz, informing everybody. wasserman schultz was nonchalant, no big deal. i think donna, when she speaks about a cult. she is not speaking about hillary clinton. she is talking about the campaign, the people who ran the campaign. talking about the people,
2:34 pm
beginning with podesta. the campaign manager who didn't respect her and didn't respond to her. >> dana: if you weren't in brooklyn, you are no one. the campaign manager for hillary clinton in wisconsin who was saying we need more resources. brooklyn says no, we're looking at the database and everything is fine. we are good. >> juan: that's evidence of people who get locked in and aren't in touch. the thing about donna brazile, she's got great instincts. she gets out there and she is on the ground. she organizes and works. >> kimberly: she is well-liked by people on both sides. >> juan: on this point, she's not well-liked at the moment by democrats because they feel as if, especially leading up into the races yesterday, worried about turnout. they think she's basically played into all of the russian republican argument. democrats. didn't play out that way. >> greg: you know who else is
2:35 pm
unhappy with her? cults. she really upset the colts, i think she owes them an apology, including mine, the unicorn cul cult. >> juan: whether or not she was going to appoint joe biden as the nominee. >> kimberly: that would've been a good idea. >> juan: she doesn't have the power to do that. >> kimberly: >> kimberly: donnan tucker carlson tonight. much more to come. nice man cave! nacho? [ train whistle blows ] what?! -stop it! -mm-hmm. we've been saving a lot of money ever since we switched to progressive. this bar is legit. and now we get an even bigger discount from bundling home and auto. i can get used to this. it might take a minute. -swing and a miss! -slam dunk!
2:36 pm
touchdown! together: sports! touchdown! you've probably seen me running all over the country in search of our big idaho potato truck. but not any more. i am done with that. ooh, ooh hot - just gonna stay home on the farm, eat a beautiful idaho potato, and watch tv with my dog... tv anncr: the big idaho potato truck pulled into town today and it's really a sight to see. oh man...let's go.... (distant) you comin', boy? sfx: (dog) gulp! woof.
2:37 pm
2:38 pm
2:39 pm
♪ >> juan: one of the victims of these texas massacre on sunday was an expectant mother, krista holcombe. one woman is getting attention
2:40 pm
for telling her story. >> she was pregnant and died in this church behind me. not only her and her unborn child but three harvard children. today during this press conference we learned her unborn child is included in the count of 26 dead here at the first baptist church in sutherland springs, texas. news out of the press conferenc conference. 25 and an unborn child, a fetus if you will. >> juan: the controversy here i guess is not about the fact. she was pregnant and died. the argument is about the language. dana, how would you handle this? obviously people who are pro-life are saying she said unborn child but i wonder if some producer said don't use that kind of charged language. saved fetus. >> dana: i wouldn't criticize her necessarily but i would say it's important. these are decisions made by
2:41 pm
state governments. the federal government doesn't have a position. this is a crime that took place in texas. in texas, a fetus is considered a child. it's a life. if, for example, there was, kimberly, correct me if i'm wrong. let's say a pregnant mother is driving on the highway and gets hit by a drunk driver and it was reckless endangerment and she lives but the baby dies. that was in texas and in many other states including virginia, that child would be counted as a life that passed away. it varies by state. when i think is interesting is that, take the laws away. if that woman had survived but her baby had died, she would have believed that her baby was killed. i think you have to think -- it's not just the laws but it's about the mother of the father and what they think about and hope and dream for when their child is going to be born and however many months. they celebrate the moment they
2:42 pm
find out they are pregnant. >> juan: kimberly, the people who are pro-choice say wait a second. where are you going with this? there was a bill being considered in congress, and you have republican saying that the minute you have a heart beat, the heartbeat constitutes life. >> juan: >> kimberly: i would se law in the state of texas as it stands for this woman and her children and her unborn child was murdered is fertilization to actual birth is considered a life. >> juan: is that right? >> kimberly: correct. in texas, twice the texas court of appeals has upheld this for double homicide. a murder conviction for a man who killed a pregnant woman and her unborn child. dana's hypothetical, if the woman had driven across state lines and was killed by a drunk driver where it was not honored, then it would be church that way. >> juan: one of the things
2:43 pm
being considered in congress is that an unborn child or a fetus, whatever you want to say, would be eligible for a college savings plan. what do you think? >> jesse: i think it's a great idea. college is so expensive it makes perfect sense. obviously there are some people like planned parenthood that don't want this because he put that language in statutory terms, and that establishes life in a bill when it comes to tax purposes and the treasury. they don't want anything going close to that. for them, that's a very slippery slope. you hit the nail on the head. it's all about language. reading this article here, they don't even use the phrase pro-life anymore when describing these groups. they call them antiabortion groups. it's all disguised in the way you describe these people as the language used to characterize people from a certain position, sometimes fairly and sometimes
2:44 pm
unfairly. that's what you are saying. i believe some pro-choice women would like to start saving for college while they are pregnant. i don't know why it's being so politicized. >> juan: i think part of the argument is you're going to start defining life in a tax bill. in the same tax bill, the take away the tax credit for adoption. what is going on? >> greg: i don't understand that part at all. the reason why we are distorting languages because we are politicizing life. we live in a war between reality and politics. in reality, the human is alive until you abort it. politically it's your choice, your right to choose. you take something that is real and you turn it into something political. these sides, the real and political, run parallel. they never cross but they can. every now and then, you run into a pro-choice person, more often than he used to, i call it the honest pro choice -- choicer.
2:45 pm
if you watch louis ck, he opens with this. people are beginning to understand because science is showing you you are preventing a life. then the pro choice or has to make the decision. i know that but i'm still going to make the decision. the honest pro-lifer says if i believe it's murder, what is it worth? slavery caused the civil war. both sides have to contend with the ugly realities of their stances. the fact is, all this comes down to. everybody kind of knows what it is. it's how you live with it. >> juan: i don't think everybody agrees with you. >> greg: everybody does, juan. >> juan: in terms of the language, favoring the death
2:46 pm
penalty. what is that about? anyway, fasten your seat belts. president trump has twice the room to vent on twitter. these social media shake-up everyone is talking and tweeting about next. how long do you think we'll keep -- oooooohhh! you stopped! you're gonna leave me back here at year 9? how did this happen? it turned out, a lot of people fell short, of even the average length of retirement. we have to think about not when we expect to live to, but when we could live to. let's plan for income that lasts all our years in retirement. prudential. bring your challenges. us. it's what this country is made of. but right now, our bond is fraying. how do we get back to "us"?
2:47 pm
the y fills the gaps. and bridges our divides. donate to your local y today. because where there's a y, there's an us.
2:48 pm
2:49 pm
2:50 pm
♪ >> jesse: if you checked out twitter over the past 24 hours, there is more to read. they have officially doubled their 140 character limit to 280. that includes president trump. a lot of mixed feelings about the decision. i know you have been percolating over this. >> greg: moore creates less. you are obliterating the original charm. it should be short and sweet. it is like candy corn. if you eat a bag it, you're going to vomit. they have to get rid of the blue checkers. people like me who have a blue check. it gives them this entitlement. >> kimberly: it's a verified account. >> greg: i don't care. people with blue checks think they are more important than everyone else. i mean almost everyone blue
2:51 pm
checker. >> jesse: you have a blue check! >> greg: i don't want one. >> jesse: william shakespeare famously said brevity is the soul of wit. >> dana: i agree. i would love it when you would see someone get a great thought into 140 characters. people using more words to say what they could have said in 140. >> jesse: what does this do for the president? >> kimberly: i don't know whether it delights him or not. maybe we will know tomorrow. >> dana: he was good at 140. >> kimberly: he was good at that. sad! >> dana: now it can't be funny anymore. >> jesse: juan, have you seen twitter since this happened? >> juan: not since this happened. >> jesse: and a lot of stuff about you. >> dana: he is saying most people don't even use 140.
2:52 pm
>> jesse: "one more thing" is up next. the next era belongs to those who help ensure the next energy to power our dreams, will be american energy.
2:53 pm
2:54 pm
2:55 pm
♪ >> dana: it's time for "one more thing." >> greg: i have a great
2:56 pm
podcast. it is with the great john stossel. check it out. and a lot of people complain about cable news and cross talk. nothing beats this. this is the rubin report by my buddy. he had two guests. just watch how it went. >> exactly what i said. >> hold on. ladies, ladies. hold on. you've got to give me a chance to moderate. >> moderate. >> that's exactly what i said. >> ladies, ladies. >> greg: that went on for an hour. you have to watch it. it's one of the funniest things i've ever seen. great podcast. >> kimberly: last night have a great pleasure of attending a charity group i work with near and dear to my heart.
2:57 pm
the prevention of cruelty to children. the organization is the nation's oldest child abuse prevention agency. we raised a lot of money for the trauma recovery program which involves specialized therapy for young children who've experienced abuse in various forms. it's a great night, a wonderful cause. the director is fantastic. deborah norville, a good friend, moderated it. very, very nice. >> juan: while president trump has been in asia promoting his new jersey golf course, different kind of corporate news coming from t.j. maxx. hurricane maria destroyed much of puerto rico and forced the stores there too close. t.j. maxx ceo has continued giving paychex to his island based employees, think it's the right thing to do. unfortunately, more of half the island still without power. but with christmas shopping
2:58 pm
coming up, hats off to a compassionate capitalist like the boss at t.j. maxx. >> dana: i have a podcast too. chris stirewalt. we will post it tonight. no cross talk. this is a story you might've heard about. a man in utah walking a personal day with a sign that reads "need a kidney for wife." it has a happy ending. his wife is going to receive a kidney transplant after two years of waiting. he said he's had lots and lots of calls. he said he's been so overwhelmed with gratitude for all the calls. he's going to keep walking and start a kidney revolution. loving husband. >> jesse: i kind of feel like a loser i don't have a podcast. >> greg: you don't need a podcast of feel that way. >> kimberly: you sort of do it here. >> jesse: you would not be
2:59 pm
invited on my podcast. the internet is going crazy over video. donald trump played golf with the japanese prime minister. there they are. there is some speculation. did the japanese prime minister fall into a bunker? there is president trump walking. he is on the fairway. there he goes. the japanese prime minister some people think -- other people don't know if it's him. someone in the group fell down while they were getting out of the bunker. people are very, very upset about this. or they are laughing. i think he is okay, whoever he is. >> kimberly: agility. >> jesse: nice recovery. >> dana: we did a facebook by before the show. it's on my page, may be your page. featuring mostly greg and a little bit of jesse.
3:00 pm
>> jesse: greg wouldn't let me talk that's why i had to talk a lot tonight. >> dana: set your dvr so you never miss an episode of "the five." "special report" is up next. bret baier is life. >> bret: hey, dana. good thursday morning to all. president trump is in beijing and so are we. tough talks with china on trade and dealing with north korea. elections last night in the u.s. still reverberating halfway around the world. this is "special report" ." ♪ good morning. i am bret baier coming to you from beijing. it is 7:00 thursday morning. president trump has a lot of work ahead here in china after doubling down on north korea in his speech before south korea's parliament last night. kim jong un fired back saying america faces a "abyss of doom if we don't remove

29 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on