Skip to main content

tv   The Story With Martha Mac Callum  FOX News  November 17, 2017 4:00pm-5:00pm PST

4:00 pm
>> have a wonderful things giving with your family proud >> you too. >> i'll pick up "the story" from here. welcome to "the story" i am >> ed: in it for "the story" five. the election was on the 380 days ago and hillary clinton has still not accepted that trump one. how do i know that? she just elected the election may have been raked. >> i think there are lots of questions about its legitimacy. we don't have a method for contesting that. that's why have long advocated for independent commissions to get to the bottom of what happen. >> didn't she say in the final presidential debate that it was critical to our democracy that are losing candidate except the results? she accused trump of charging the election was rigged. she called that horrifying for our country. was that just because she was convinced she was going to win?
4:01 pm
top clinton advisors seen here in the democrats mock debate sessions. he has a lot he wants to get off his chest about a civil war brewing within the democratic party. senators suddenly turning on the clintons over the monica lewinsky scandal. >> is it your opinion he should have stepped on at that time? >> yes. that is the appropriate response. but i think things have changed today and i think under those circumstances, there should be a very difficult reaction. >> he thinks senator joe brandt is a hypocrite. she gladly took clintons endorsements but is now running for the hills. it's a scandal that's now reached capitol hill. does team clinton have a point or they just mad the democrats no longer seem to fear the power couple? what about trump? why is he tweeting on al franken but ducking on roy moore?
4:02 pm
we begin with james rosen with more on the senator. good evening. >> good evening from washington as the occupants from the new york senate seat once held by hillary clinton, senator kiersten julie brandis frequently mentioned as a potential contender for the democratic presidential nomination in 2,020. earlier in her political career she campaigned with former president clinton but now that she tells "the new york times" that mr. clinton should have resigned the presidency amid the sexual misconduct allegations that led to his impeachment and acquittal at trial in the senate. >> things have changed today and i think under those circumstances there should be a very different reaction. i think in light of this conversation we should have a very different conversation about trump. >> former president clinton's office did not respond to our request for con rent but julie brandis comments evoked a furio. the senate voted to keep president clinton but not enough for you?
4:03 pm
over 20 years he took the clintons endorsements, money, and seats. hypocrite. interesting strategy for 2020 primaries. primary figures at "the new york times" have recently called for the democratic party and the feminist movement to have a reckoning with their defense of the 42nd president against charges, including rate, similar to those sweeping various industries today. mr. clinton belatedly acknowledged a inappropriate relationship between he and monica lewinsky but he denied the rate allegations. in january of this year, a gallup poll asked respondents to rank how various presidents will go down in history. 33% said bill clinton will be ranked above average. 33% said just average, 17% listed him below average with 10% predicting healthy ranked outstanding. >> here now, the after mentioned philippe ryan. >> former advisor to
4:04 pm
hillary clinton. appreciate you being here. >> thank you for having me, i think. >> we are old friends of the should go well. i want to get straight to that tweet about the senator and what you said. ken starr spent $70 million, the senate voted to keep the president but not enough for senator gillibrand. we'll get to the rest of it in a second. you seem unhappy that ken starr has $70 million in unfettered power to investigate a president. so why are you cheering on robert muller these days? >> i don't think that's the point i was making beer at the point i was making, and vaguely i have more than 280 characters to do so, because it's a pretty comp located subjects, is, what's happening now is that people are barely bravely coming forward, whether it's rose mccowan or barbara comstock or lee korff men with accusations of things they felt they could never come forward with before. it's taken a tremendous amount
4:05 pm
of bravery and it's important. what happened with bill clinton is a complete false equivalency. there's no human being in the united states whose personal life, their infidelity were looked at more than bill clinton. his accusers were afforded the opportunity to confront him. he was afforded the ability to defend himself. my point is that it was thorough. >> i'm going to give you the time to go through. first of all, when you call senator gillibrand hypocrite are you admitting now that a lot of democrats back in the late '90s did not call for president clinton to resign over his relationship with an intern because they wanted him to stay in power? she wanted the money and the endorsements that she didn't really speaker conscious? >> i don't know why she chose yesterday. part of me wants to give her the benefit of the doubt that she was baited by "the new york times." i don't think it to your viewers i have to say much more than
4:06 pm
that about the times. but her point was strange to me because she probably didn't come to this feeling and thought and position yesterday. why she wouldn't have in the last 20 years vocalized it is strange to me. nothing was stopping her. but what really was curious to me is why she didn't, what she didn't say, not what she did say. she didn't go on and say, i wish i had some stomach said something earlier, i regret not saying something earlier. the lead up to this she talked about the senators turning on the clintons and i don't think that to happen. i think she turned to the clintons and that is just a false comparison. i have a feeling there people watching right now who said, i am done with the clintons, stop talking about them. and it was unnecessary for her to do that because, again, this is someone who had, i mean this
4:07 pm
country had a reckoning over bill clinton. >> i want to press you, though. isn't it in fact that there are democrats, they no longer fear the clintons and part of your tweet, part of the reason why you're angry is that top democrats are saying to the clintons, get off the stage. >> i don't think so. i think what donna wrote in her book, i'm not really sure what she was doing, i think more than anything the democratic party, people who know don are just flat-out confused by what she wrote, especially since what she wrote and what she said on television... >> i want to give you time but i want to press you. you said that his accusers were hurt and you talk about this harassment movement around the country where people are saying, women need to be heard. has secretary clinton done any soul-searching? does she regret that she let other women be heard?
4:08 pm
>> i think if she were sitting here she would say the same thing i'm saying which is that, you don't have to believe me. >> i want to give you a chance. but has she done soul-searching? she did not let one eat of brodrick, hillary clinton -- >> he looked into juanita brodrick. she gave him a deposition where she said nothing happened so i think it's important to have those facts. i think we can all agree that he was not looking to protect bill clinton. the point about $70 million is that if he could find something he would have found it. he didn't tell us everything he found. it's not correct to say a name like that. >> so hillary has not done any soul-searching and she has no regrets about any of the female accusers that were beaten up on verbally by anyone associated
4:09 pm
with the clintons over the years? >> i think she's addressed this many times and i guess that's my point is that she's dealt with this as a wife and then as a public figure 20 years ago. and i think again, the point that you're making, that there should be some kind of renewed soul-searching are reckoning, that is absently appropriate when it comes to harvey weinstein or when it comes to roy moore. it is not necessary when it comes to bill clinton because, in 1998, we all lived through the greatest reckoning in american political history. >> when you mentioned roy moore, it was interesting, i believe it was yesterday after ivanka trump had said that there's a special place in hell for people who prey on children, you tweeted "she took her sweet time, she didn't say he should drop out." so by that logic, isn't senators gillibrand right at least that if their's alleged misconduct,
4:10 pm
bill clinton should have stepped aside? you're saying that roy moore should step aside. you don't know what's true and what's not and yet yesterday he went out there and said that ivanka trump should have told him to step aside and instead you said about her, there is a special place in hell for those who exist only to cover for donald's sins, meaning the president. are you being a hypocrite as well? >> i don't think so. i think is making two points. one larger point is that for the last year and a half starting with a campaign we've seen her play a role where she really was mostly enabling and then covering for her father. they'd trot her out, and yesterday was a perfect example of this, the president, for whatever reason -- >> the president said in asia that if the allegations are true he should step aside and then you say she is trotted out. she is a woman in her own right.
4:11 pm
if you allow other women to speak out who are democrats, whether it's anyone else, why can't she speak on her own two feet? why do you have to demean her by saying she was trotted out? >> i think she demeans herself with her behavior. >> what behavior? she said that anyone who mistreats children deserves a special place in hell. you agree with her customer >> yes. >> so how did she do something wrong? speak of the deepest, hottest place in hell, absolutely. >> so why did you attacker? >> i agree with her but she didn't go out the step further and the point i'd make is that you're not making, is that the hierarchy of the republican party wants this guy to go. they've been spending the last week thinking up every conceivable plan to get rid of him. the trumps are out of step and the other point is, she was speaking because her father wasn't. and i know what you just quoted.
4:12 pm
but everyone has been basically holding their breath for trump to say something and he really hasn't. >> he said if the allegations are true he should step aside bear that was a good enough for you? >> it's on a matter of what's good enough for me. the people of alabama will decide. >> when there were allegations against clinton, hate, it should be fairly litigated. in the case of roy moore, nobody is defending him but this happen 30, 40 years ago and it hasn't been litigated. so why are you saying, their homicide? >> i think the distinction is, is that roy moore, his accusers has never been heard until now. they deserve to be heard and there's a problem in that, unless i'm missing something, no one in the state of alabama is in any way investigating these crimes because -- >> alleged crimes, sure. >> the only time he is going to be held accountable his first at
4:13 pm
the voting booth on december 12th and then second, at the republican leadership is to be believed, when he is set and may try to expel him which is something i'll believe when i see. but the larger point, ed, is that people need to have their day, both people who are accusing people of crimes and both people who are being accused. >> i went over time already. >> roy moore has not had that and al franken have not had that. >> i'd let you had a lot. i want to play one more clip because i said that at the top of the show. here's what clinton said in the last presidential debate. >> that's horrifying. every time donald thinks things are not going in his direction he claims whatever it is is rigged against him. that is not the way our democracy works. speak a very simple last question. here we are more than one year later, and hillary clinton is
4:14 pm
saying, he was not legitimately elected. >> she accepted his election at 2:00 a.m. in the morning on election night. i was there when she spoke to him. >> a year later she saying it's not legitimate. >> what she is saying is that what happened is something that can happen again and it's unfortunate that the president won't take it seriously unless he's at the wrong end of it. if she had been elected, she would have, and she learned that the republicans, excuse me, the russians helped her, she would have been furious. she would have said, this is unacceptable. we are going to figure this out and we are going to go after it. but trump has not done that because he was on the right end of it and that's a problem because the russians want to disrupt and they're going to disrupt who is in office and i would think the republican majorities in congress, the governorship, and the white house would be concerned
4:15 pm
because they are the biggest targets for a country hell-bent on distracting us. >> i appreciate you coming on. i hope you'll come back. have a wonderful thinks giving. >> any time >> katrina pearson, now spokesperson for america first policy's dr. wendy. katrina, i want to start with you to get their republican perspective. how do you react? >> leave it up to a man defending bill clinton to be so misogynistic and sexist with his tone regarding ivanka trump who is very well educated and accomplished in her own right to insinuate that she can't speak without her dad's permission. it does shine a spotlight on why people are fed up with the clintons. but i will agree with him on one thing. this isn't really about bill clinton. this is a much bigger picture because i just don't buy this sudden moral compass that the left has with regards to the way men are treating women. this is all about political expediency and we know this
4:16 pm
because senator gillibrand who is out there now suddenly finding her moral compass after taking tons of money from the clintons hasn't said anything about bob menendez and the allegations about him with underage prostitutes. hasn't demanded anyone resigned today and we're seeing this all play out before our eyes. >> senator menendez has denied that he engaged in improper conduct, as he suggested. but i want to get your reaction. should there be a reckoning for bill clinton within the democratic party at some on the left has suggested? >> we can say that there can be a reckoning but what needs to be underscored here and why they are talking what that $70 million is this was consensual. it was consensual between adults. what we are seeing here from franken, who is on the left as well as moore, who was on the right, has nothing to do with politics. it goes to a broader issue of sexually predatory behavior that we see not just in capitol hill, we see it in hollywood and some of us the every day as we walked
4:17 pm
on the street. so we have to keep that at the forefront of this discussion because once we make it political we are moving to the side the women, the men who have been victims of this action. >> you and philippe are both right that the monica situation was litigated a lot and bill clinton paid a heavy price for that. for use it was consensual, there were other allegations that were not consensual. allegations of rate that i should say, in fairless, he has denied himself. is there going to be a reckoning on that? >> that's the answer, the answer is, that $70 million to find any and everything as far as evidence to say that these accusations are actually correct. and with that money, what was found was the blue dress from monica lewinsky. everyone deserves their day in court. everyone deserves to have these accusations fleshed out and we have to make sure that happens and that is the difference here.
4:18 pm
we have to make sure that the accusers are also heard. where is the investigation? >> let me get katrina in here. >> here's the situation. this is not about a reckoning. this is definitely political. >> that's the problem. >> senator gillibrand herself that there are sitting members of congress who are preying on women and she refuses to name those names. that is completely unacceptable and that is my point. >> this is not political. to say that this is political is to undermine everyone who has ever been sexually harassed. >> that's my point. >> that's not the point you made. that's not what you just said. we need to make sure that everyone who's ever been harassed has their day in court. this is not about politics. >> then have senator gillibrand name those names. we need to know who's preying on those people here in congress. >> i suspect those will be
4:19 pm
coming up. last question, there's been a lot of pressure on the president, on the white house, i want to give you a fair chance to respond. i noticed the president said in asia that if it's true, roy moore should step aside. he hasn't commented in recent days and i want to give you a chance as somebody who supports him, should roy moore step aside? >> i am someone who has worked at the forefront of campaigns against the establishment, being a candidate myself and i just made it a point to never believe anything in the weeks leading up to an election. the president is right. absently right that the people of alabama need to make this decision. if alabama demo if they can elo smoked crack >> the president was saying to grab women by the genitalia! >> let's not talk about --
4:20 pm
>> this is about elections! >> let me ask you this. wendy, we've got one minute left. let's not shout at each other. let's be polite. what about the fact that al franken has admitted that he did something wrong and it appears that he forced himself on the radio tv personality in that case, the white house said today look, the president has not admitted any wrongdoing. >> we have to be clear. al franken said let's have a special counsel and let's investigate this. the president should also have a special counsel. he has over 12 women who have accused him of that. it's not politics. it's about you supporting the man. it's about you supporting the man who said i will grab women by the genitalia without their okay. >> we didn't settle anything. we appreciate you both being on.
4:21 pm
next, the fbi confidential informant went undercover to investigate hillary clinton's role will still be spewing, expelling his secrets. they're both your next. you always pay
4:22 pm
4:23 pm
4:24 pm
your insurance on time. tap one little bumper, and up go your rates. what good is having insurance if you get punished for using it? news flash: nobody's perfect. for drivers with accident forgiveness, liberty mutual won't raise your rates due to your first accident. switch and you could save $782 on home and auto insurance. call for a free quote today. liberty stands with you™ liberty mutual insurance.
4:25 pm
>> i have not talked with him. but the department of justice i understand has approved him providing information to the congress and i understand it will be set up in a few days. and you'll be able to hear from him direct. >> that was jeff sessions earlier this week confirming that a confidential informant who was believed to be critical to the investigation into hillary clinton's role in the radium one deal will tell lawmakers about what he found out. his identity was secret until now. live with the story. >> the senate judiciary house intelligence and house oversight committees are looking into the 2010 sale of uranium one. that's the canadian mining company that had rights to 20% of u.s. uranium, and now the reuters news agency is identifying the man whose testimony could make or break the investigation. he is william de campbell, a lobbyist to at the time of the
4:26 pm
uranium one sale was a confidential informant for the fbi in a bribery investigation involving the head of tannic. there are a u.s. subsidiary of the russian giants, the very same one who required uranium one. william campbell claims to have key information about the vast corruption in the russian uranium industry, information he says he shared with the fbi back in 2009. here's campbell's attorney. watch. >> so here's my question. if he's telling this to the fbi and if the fbi is telling him oh, yeah, we're briefing the president on this, why did this deal get allowed to go through? >> said b.s. is an acronym for the committee on foreign investment in the united states which gave the go-ahead for the
4:27 pm
uranium one deal. made up of nine u.s. agencies, including the state department, which was led by hillary clinto hillary clinton. critics say multimillion dollar donations made to the foundation by people connected to uranium one influence the state department to vote yes. clinton supporters say it's nonsense, pointing out that all nine agencies along with the president signed onto the deal and that hillary was not involved in the boat. for her part, hillary clinton says the congressional investigation is trying to shift investigation away from special counsel robert muller's meddling investigation and clinton calls the appointment of a special counsel a "abuse of power." there is still no word exactly when william de campbell will testify before congress. >> thank you. here now, michael cavuto and marie hart, a former state department spokesperson during the obama administration now a fox news contributor. you are at the state department obviously for a long time during the administration. we have spoken off the air and you don't think there's a whole lot to this uranium one deal.
4:28 pm
but how do you know that when we have not yet heard from this confidential informant? >> because i've seen no evidence of any wrongdoing that involves hillary clinton here. there's a lot of insinuation, a lot of people throwing around accusations but not one shred of evidence that hillary clinton herself was involved in this decision. having worked at the state department and knowing that there were these numerous cases under this committee going on, never did i know that secretary of state was ever involved in this. and the idea that the other agencies that had to vote on this would have somehow cared about the clinton foundation or its donations, i mean, truly, i served in this administration and nothing could be further from the truth. so, sure, let's hear from this confidential informant. i would love to hear from them because i don't think he's going to have anything to say that involves some of these conspiracy theories. he may have interesting information about uranium one but i don't think it's tied to hillary clinton.
4:29 pm
speak up michael, is it a conspiracy theory or a whole lot of nothing or might this informant finally blow the lid off something big? >> i've got a bit of a perspective on this. during the same time that they were examining the purchase of uranium one, my firm, i was representing the french defense contract. also, they were buying u.s. biometrics company, a country that does your fingerprints and they went through two whole years, 24 months of examination as the historic ally, and at the end of their examination, they were forced to never speak to the company they purchased in america ever again. in contrast, they got approval for the uranium one in 90 days. all those executives at that french firm i worked for, they
4:30 pm
know exactly what's going on. >> i want to try one other thing with you having heard that, which is, how is it that you and other democrats have spent the better time of a year suggesting that the contract that was going on between the trump campaign and the russians, that the russians were up to something nefarious, when it comes to the russians pouring money into the clinton foundation and pouring cash into bill clinton's pocket in this form of speaking fees, you seem to think it was no big deal? >> i'm not saying i would have run the clinton foundation the way that they did. but these are two separate issues. let's be very clear. you're trying to merge the two. the first is the intelligence community, this is not hers perspective. the nonpartisan intelligence community has said that the russian tele intelligence intervened in our election to help elect donald trump because they didn't like hillary clinton. now with the special console looking at it, it's whether there were people it in the trump world working with the russians prayed i don't know the answer to that and none of us do yet. did the clinton foundation do things i wouldn't have done?
4:31 pm
of course, but that is different than a foreign power working to undermine our democracy. >> are going to be a special counsel? yes or no. >> there really ought to be a special counsel. i know the half million dollars that bill clinton was paid by renaissance capital, there were a lot of people in russia that, back in those days, who were westerners that could speak to this issue that were called, and there were 15 democrats close to hillary clinton and barack obama registered to lobby on behalf of the kremlin and kremlin company at the same time. >> you're making a great case but i can see put a smile on marie's face, she isn't buying it. speak of the tin hat looks good on you, french bread we'll see how this turns out. >> have a wonderful weekend. still to come, the nfl now investigating sexual misconduct allegations against shamus winston, and it's not his first time being accused of being appropriate. plus trump's promise to overhaul
4:32 pm
our complicated tax system. could happen by the end of the year. he's here next from the white house on what's in it for you. ♪ this holiday, the real gift isn't what's inside the box. it's what's inside the person who opens it. ♪ give ancestrydna, the only dna test that can trace your origins to over 150 ethnic regions... ♪ ...and open up a world of possibilities.
4:33 pm
♪ save 20% for the holidays at ancestrydna.com. type 2 diabetes.here to test people's knowledge about so you have type 2 diabetes? yes i do. true or false... type 2 diabetes more than doubles your chance of dying from a cardiovascular event, like a heart attack or a stroke. that can't be true, can it? actually, it is true. and with heart disease, your risk is even higher. in fact, cardiovascular disease is the #1 cause of death for
4:34 pm
adults with type 2 diabetes and heart disease. but there is good news. jardiance is the only type 2 diabetes pill with a lifesaving cardiovascular benefit. jardiance is proven to both significantly reduce the chance of dying from a cardiovascular event in adults who have type 2 diabetes and heart disease and lower your a1c. that's good to know. jardiance can cause serious side effects including dehydration. this may cause you to feel dizzy, faint, or lightheaded, or weak upon standing. ketoacidosis is a serious side effect that may be fatal. symptoms include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, tiredness, and trouble breathing. stop taking jardiance and call your doctor right away if you have symptoms of ketoacidosis or an allergic reaction. symptoms of an allergic reaction include rash, swelling, and difficulty breathing or swallowing. do not take jardiance if you are on dialysis or have severe kidney problems. other side effects are sudden kidney problems, genital yeast infections, increased bad cholesterol, and urinary tract infections, which may be serious. taking jardiance with a sulfonylurea or insulin may cause low blood sugar. tell your doctor about all the medicines you take and if you have any medical conditions.
4:35 pm
isn't it time to talk to your doctor about jardiance? absolutely. ask your doctor about jardiance. and get to the heart of what matters. when it comes to molding sarah is ayoung minds, teacher. nobody does it better. she also builds her own fighting robots. destroy. but when it comes to mortgages, she's less confident. fortunately for sarah, there's rocket mortgage by quicken loans. it's simple, so she can understand the details and be sure she's getting the right mortgage. apply simply. understand fully. mortgage confidently. >> developing tonight, a huge story for your wallet. tax reform is one step closer to
4:36 pm
reality for trump tonight on capitol hill. late last say a senate committee approved its version that includes a controversial permit revision to repeal obamacare's individual mandate by getting to 50 votes in the senate is going to be tough. >> i never promised anybody tax cuts because i'm one of those desperate hawks, we don't even have enough revenue to pay for it. >> there is a very narrow margin in the united states senate, and so when you lose one vote, it gives you pause for sure. >> i'm a "yes" on the senate bill today but that doesn't mean we can't make it better. >> there is a long and very bumpy road ahead. i'm inclined to say that it's dead on arrival. >> a key player, kevin hassett, he's the chairman of the council of economic advisors at the white house. we appreciate you coming on tonight. a victory for the president in round one but the house is the easy part.
4:37 pm
you heard right there from senator blumenthal, a long and very bumpy road. how do you convince skeptical senators, particularly republicans in your own party was a look, the corporate tax cuts are permanent but the middle-class tax cuts or not. >> the objective obviously from the outset for everybody in the white house and everywhere in washington is to get americans the tax code they deserve, to get a tax cut for the middle class in a corporate rate reform that are all permanent but we also understand that there is a legislative process that the people of the senate have to get something put together, have a coalition of at least 50 votes plus the vice president and they're working on that right now and we support that process. and if they have budget rules that they have to follow to make some of the stuff expire than they are going to have to do that in order to have a bill that changes the law. but right now the law is completely unacceptable.
4:38 pm
if they get something passed it will be a step in the right direction. what will happen is that the tax cuts will have a positive effect on the economy and the become easy to extend. >> i understand the process. that's going to change what may not be in the bill but in terms of the substance of it there seems to be frustration even among some of the supporters. he talked in the campaign about finally doing away with the carried interest loophole which helps hedge fund managers and they get to be able to have their income tax that a lot done at much lower rate than the 39.6%. how does keeping that in this plan help the forgotten man or forgotten woman that the president talked about helping in the campaign? >> i think his position has been absolutely clear but he also understands that it's a legislative process where he's not the dictator and folks have to negotiate and trade-off equity and efficiency and come up with a bill that can pass. he has been a leader in this
4:39 pm
from the beginning and he has established nonnegotiable's, the rate has to be 20%. all of that stuff is big picture leading by drawing lines in the sand but the details are things that the president recognizes that the members of congress are going to have to work out. it's essential that we get a reform that changes the tax code because right now were chasing all of our businesses offshore and reducing the demand for american workers. >> take a listen to some of the fireworks in the senate finance committee as they were debating whether or not this helps the rich. >> i resent anybody saying that i'm just doing this for the rich. give me a break. i think you guys overplay that all the time and it gets old. frankly ought to quit. >> the public -- >> i'm not through. i get sick and tired of it. it's a nice political play.
4:40 pm
>> with all due respect, i get sick and tired of the rich are getting richer. if we do a tax cut -- it happens over and over again. how many times do we do this? >> democrats, you don't have a single democratic vote on board and they keep saying no matter what you put in the bill, this is for the rich. how do you get to 50 votes plus the vice president in the senate when you got democrats basically completely opposed to this? >> i think that exchange he displayed as an example of people just, opponents really of this bill at times losing track of the idea that the people who disagree with them do so honestly. i think that i firmly believe that this tax bill is something that will help the economy, that will help the middle-class. i've written for more than a decade about how it benefits blue-collar workers to bring jobs back home and now it could be that i'm incorrect about tha
4:41 pm
that. but to say that we're just, the tools of the rich, it's inaccurate. and i just think that the debate would be much more productive of people would think a little bit about what it looks like from a different perspective. they cited a lot of the stuff that we are citing. supporting the corporate tax bill. it be better for america people remember those things. >> it was a rocky road on wall street. the market has been way up since he was elected but it's been very rocky this past week. is that because the markets are nervous, about 15 seconds, are they nervous you won't finish the job? >> i think the markets would go down if the tax bill were to fail because this is really good for america. i think the nervousness this week is in the markets as well. >> appreciate you joining us. >> great to be here.
4:42 pm
>> heating up tonight. not tacking down from his promise to take down the league commissioner. 12 day asia trip. there's a new north korea nuclear threat. "the story" next.
4:43 pm
4:44 pm
4:45 pm
4:46 pm
>> do not underestimate us and do not try us. we will defend our common security. our shared prosperity, and our sacred liberty. >> it wasn't quite fire and fury but that was trump last week issuing one of his strongest warnings in recent days to north korea. but tonight there is an alarming new import on the rogue nation's nuclear ambitions. >> it's revving up on both sides
4:47 pm
today. the highest level chinese official was there in two years talking with officials. had called this a big deal and followed this recently completed trip to asia. on the issue today said so far there been no signals from the regime of kim jong boone that it was interested in talking and unofficial for the regime saying that there would be no talks. the u.s. just wrapped up drills with its aircraft carriers in the region. this amid a new warning of the dangers from north korea's missile and nuclear program. saying that they present the biggest security threat to the region since world war ii. developing submarines that could put its missiles and closer range to the u.s. mainland.
4:48 pm
another glimpse of how tough life is in the north. dr. saying he had never seen the sort of parasites he found inside the soldier's body, a sign of the widespread nutrition and hygiene problems there. >> the nfl's internal war is getting even uglier as new details fill out about a bitter call between commissioner roger caddell and cowboys owner jerry jones. they'll have all the fallout, next.
4:49 pm
4:50 pm
4:51 pm
4:52 pm
>> developing the night, the nfl now investigating the allegations that tampa tampa by quarterback jameis winston and a female over driver claiming that he groped her in march of 2016. winston denying the allegations saying while i'm certain i did not make any inappropriate contact i don't want to engage in a battle with the driver. i regret that my demeanor or presence made her uncomfortable way. richard fowler, good to see you both. what in the world is going on with the nfl?
4:53 pm
>> that's a good question. in this particular case, i think we need more facts before we can make a judgment on who's right and who's wrong. i think we have one story where it's her word against his word and it's very hard to judge who's right. there needs to be more evidence and facts before anybody can make a particular determination here and i think the most interesting part of the story to me here is a fact that she didn't contact law enforcement but rather she reported it to uber and then she called buzzfeed. very weird. >> i've seen you tweet about northwestern so i know you're at least a bit of a college football fan. when jameis winston was at florida state he got into trouble for allegedly shoplifting crab legs. >> i think that's the context of this allegation against winston. there was a big allegation against him when he was a student at florida state of
4:54 pm
forcible rape in 2012. we don't really know what the terms are of that but one thing that "the new york times" discovered when they looked into the case was that winston was never questioned by the police and the school seemed to go out of its way not to really investigate the allegations very seriously so i agree with richard, we need more investigation. we should not jump to conclusions but there might be a pattern of behavior here with previous lack of accountability being a factor. >> really quick, what about roger caddell and jerry jones? we're hearing about the explosive phone call they've had. this is getting pretty ugly. >> i'm at giants fans on triggered by any discussion of the nfl this year because they stink. i read that story about jones, setting aside the details, i think the number of off field issues that have plagued the lead for the last year have been
4:55 pm
dealt with in an incoherent and sometimes capricious sometimes capricious seeming way to fans and it's turning a lot of people off. >> i want to shift gears because it got to get this in. today we learned about the world's first human head transplant in spain. it was done on a corpse and was successful and now a surgery on a live person might be imminent. if you'd one person in the world who you think could get a head transplant, who would you be, and you can't say god, by the way. >> i love guy but it would be guy. i would definitely trade heads with oprah winfrey. >> you want her head on your body? >> yet. i would take the brain. i would definitely take the brain paired she's very smart. >> what do you, guy? >> you get to pick up brain, can i do like tom brady's head? how does this work? >> maybe tom brady's body and charles brain. i think that's a great combo. have a great weekend. >> happy friday. >> we'll be right back.
4:56 pm
in the modern world, it pays to switch things up. you can switch and save time. [cars honking] [car accelerating] you can switch and save worry. ♪ you can switch and save hassle. [vacuuming sound] and when you switch to esurance, you can save time, worry, hassle and yup, money. in fact, drivers who switched from geico to esurance saved hundreds. so you might want to think about pulling the ol' switcheroo. that's auto and home insurance for the modern world. esurance. an allstate company. click or call.
4:57 pm
to design the leesa mattress we asked, if sleep is essential to
4:58 pm
happiness, what's essential to sleep? the answer, three premium layers. a high density core for amazing support. memory foam for pressure relief. and a top layer with air flow cooling and just the right amount of bounce. all wrapped in a soft distinctive cover. introducing the leesa mattress. a better place to sleep. order online. we'll build your leesa mattress and ship it free right to your door. so you can experience leesa's universal feel designed to adapt to your body. sleep on your leesa mattress for up to one hundred nights and love it or get a full refund. returns are free and easy. read our reviews. then try the leesa mattress in your own home. order now and get one hundred dollars off. go to buyleesa.com today. [vo] quickbooks introduces jeanette. and her new business: i do, to go.
4:59 pm
jeanette was excellent at marrying people. but had trouble getting paid. not a good time, jeanette. even worse. now i'm uncomfortable. but here's the good news, jeanette got quickbooks. send that invoice, jeanette. looks like they viewed it. and, ta-da! paid twice as fast. oh, she's an efficient officiant. way to grow, jeanette. new. get paid twice as fast for free. visit quickbooks-dot-com. whentrust the brand doctors trust for themselves. nexium 24hr is the number one choice of doctors and pharmacists for their own frequent heartburn. and all day all night protection. when it comes to frequent heartburn, trust nexium 24hr. being a part of the story
5:00 pm
tonight. i want to personally thank martha maccallum for letting me sit in tonight. you can watch me "fox & friends weekend" saturday and sunday 6:00 eastern. my buddy carl is coming up right now. ♪ ♪ >> tucker: well, good evening and welcome to tucker carlson tonight. 25 years ago this month exactly bill and hillary clinton took control of the democratic party and they basically run it with a few exceptions ever since it's been a long time. here's a look back. [applause] >> i still believe in a place called hope. >> i accept your nomination. for president of the united states. >> i experimented with marijuana a time or two and didn't like it and didn't inhale

30 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on