Skip to main content

tv   Fox and Friends First  FOX News  April 28, 2018 1:00am-2:00am PDT

1:00 am
works. judge jeanine is filling in for hannity. have a great weekend. ♪ ♪ >> judge: welcome to this special edition of hannity. trump the. i'm jeanine pirro in for sean. for the hour we will highlight how president trump is challenging the political status quo, calling out the aabusely biased press breaking down walls and dismantling the deep state brick by brick. and breaking tonight the house intel committee just released a full length report on its russia investigation. and, guess what? the committee found absolutely no evidence of trump-russia collusion. here is how president trump reacted to this decisive
1:01 am
report. >> we were honored. it was a great report. no collusion, which i knew anyway. no coordination. no nothing. it's a witch-hunt. that's all it is. there was no collusion with russia. if you can believe this one. there was -- she probably can't believe it. who can? but the report was very powerful, very strong. there was no collusion between the trump campaign and the russian people. as i have said many times before, i have always said there was no collusion. but i have also said there has been noble tougher on russia than me. with all all being said if we can get along with russia that's a good thing not bad thing. there has been nobody tougher on russia than me. i was very honored by the report. it was totally conclusive. strong, powerful. many things said that nobody knew about and said in a very strong way. they were very forceful in saying that the clinton campaign actually did contribute to russia. so, maybe somebody ought to
1:02 am
look at that but, what we really should do is get on with our lives. >> we'll have more on this in a moment. but, first, the man president trump fired from the fbi, james comey, is in hot water tonight after a very puzzling answer he gave to bret baier about the anti-trump dossier. take a look. >> you called the dossier unverified, salacious. why did you use that to the fisa court to ask for surveillance for carter page? not only use it, but you led with it. a bulk of that fisa application deals with that dossier. why? >> yeah, that's not my recollection, bret. and i don't know that the fisa application has been released. my recollection was it was part of a broader mosaic of facts that were laid before the fisa judge to obtain a fisa warrant. >> bret: there was a lot more than the dossier in the fisa application. >> my recollection was there was a significant amount of additional material about page and why there was probable cause to believe he was an agent of a foreign power and thes to yea was part of that.
1:03 am
but was not all of it or a critical part of it to my recollection. >> the disgraced former director is also under fire for saying the dirty dossier did not play a significant role in the fisa warrant of the trump campaign associate. even though two congressional memos blatantly dispute this. take a look. >> when did you learn that the dnc and hillary clinton campaign had funded christopher steele's work? >> yeah, i still don't know that for a fact. >> bret: what do you mean? >> i have only seen it in the media. i never knew exactly which democrats had funded -- you knew it was funded first by republicans. >> bret: but that's not true. >> i'm sorry? >> bret: that's not true. that the dossier that christopher steele worked on was funded by republicans. >> my understanding his work started funded by as oppo research funded by republicans. >> bret: so free beacon said that they had glenn simpson and fusion gps on kind of a retainer but they did not fund the christopher steele memo or the dossier. that was initiated by
1:04 am
democrats. >> okay. my understanding was the activity was begun, that steele was hired to look into was first funded by republicans. then picked up -- important thing was picked up by democrats opposed to donald trump. >> judge: joining us now for reaction is fox news contributor herman cain and florida congressman matt gaetz. all right, congressman, i'm going to ask you first. what do you think of this new report by the intel committee, the republican majority, actually? >> well, this report is a decisive win for the president because it supports what the president has been saying all along. and that is that russians had a greater involvement glafting. hillary clinton funded christopher steele authored dossier than they ever had with the trump campaign. no evidence of collusion still and frankly judge jeanine, this points out the need to disband the mueller investigation because it's built on a rotten premise that has now been disproven with 250 pages of fact.
1:05 am
>> judge: all right. and herman cain to you, that what is your take on this latest report from the intel committee? >> my take, judge jeanine, is that he is not in hot water. he lied and lied and lied. >> judge: comey? >> and now we have to wait for the process to play itself out. comey i'm talking about. we now have to wait for the process to play itself out for him to end up in court such that a court judgment proves that he lied and tried to keep a cloud over this administration. he and others have tried to keep a cloud over this administration but with this report, the clouds have parted and now we're seeing the truth and that's what the american people wanted to see. >> judge: you know, what's interesting, herman, is that even though you say that we want to see the courts get involved. the truth is that the inspector general's report was supposed to come out in april regarding comey. now they say may. and probably even later than
1:06 am
that. christopher steele, there was a reference because he lied to the fbi. i believe was chairman grassley's committee who made a criminal referral to the department of justice months and months ago, nothing has happened. we knew mccabe lied over more than several months ago. nothing has happened. what do you think it's going to take? i think they are slow-walking the documents we don't have the evidence. so the american people get past 2018, change the house. >> i absolutely agree with you. they are trying to slow-walk this cloud. slow walk these investigations. such that they get through november 2018. but here's the thing, judge jeanine. the american people, including some democrats, are not stupid. we have had enough evidence come out even through the media that says he has lied and discredited himself and they're not going to swallow
1:07 am
the gullable lies that the democrats and the liberals are trying to push on the american people. they won't be able to slow walk this one. because when an ag report comes out. it's going to be the icing on the cake. >> congressman gates you ended by saying your last comment that it's time for the special counsel mueller's group to be disbanded. but, today, or yesterday, i believe it was chairman grassley of the senate judiciary who let a bill out of committee supported by a few republicans like lindsey graham saying they are going to block the president from firing mueller and disbanding the commission. i mean, on the one hand we have you saying one thing and grassley saying another. why is grassley wasting his time with this kind of a bill. >> well, senator grassley has done a lot to contribute to our investigation of the fbi and their wrongdoing. my concern is that we have some senate republicans who are more worried about protecting bob mueller than they are about protecting
1:08 am
the united states border. and our constitution. i wish the senate would take up the 500 bills the house has sent over to advance the trump agenda and restore constitutional principles. instead, they are wasting time on this. the constitution could not be clearer. the employees of the executive branch work for the president and he can fire them. >> there is no question about that. i want to go back to you congressman gates. one of the things that chairman grassley answered when i asked him that very question the house passing 500 bill senate during virtually nothing. he says we have the filibuster. i can't do nothing unless i have bipartisan support. what do you say to that? >> they have the filibuster because they want to have the filibuster. you know what, judge jeanine? if some democrat wants to filibuster one of the president's appointees or meaningful legislation, let him take to the floor of the senate and stand up and read the phone book or dr. suess and let the american people see the absurdity that is playing out in the senate with democrats refusing to do their job and take tough votes. and you know what? mitch mcconnell is helping
1:09 am
him because he won't actually bring bills to the floor and he empowers chuck schumer and the democrats far too much. >> judge: herman cain, what do you say to that? >> what i say to that is, he is absolutely right. look, memo to senate, you are not president. they are trying to micromanage the president by telling him who he can fire and not fire. it's his decision. and they seem to forget this. and this isn't the first time that they have tried to micromanage the decisions that this president has the ability to make if he wants to. let him do his job. united states astronaut, democrats, and republicans. >> judge: you know, congressman, you know, america is fed up with congress. they have one of the lowest approval ratings of anybody. i mean, i can't think of anyone other than career criminals who have lower approval ratings. but, they are not doing anything anyway. this resistance. this obstruction. here we are, a year later, and there's nothing on
1:10 am
russia collusion. nothing. and the democrats keep saying it's coming. it's coming. and we are wasting away the ability to support this president. republicans, too. what is their problem with president trump. >> your point is accurate. congress has 5% approval rating. i think muammar qaddafi had a 13% approval rating and his own people dragged him in the streets and killed him. i think we need to get off our did you haves and actually get in gear and engage in the president's agenda and move it forward. the american people did not elect this president to sit idlely by and rearrange the deck chairs on the titanic. we want a disrupter. someone who is going to change the ways of washington. and frankly we have too many swamp creatures in both parties who want to keep everything the same. until we start elm bracing this disruptive agenda to make things different inside the beltway i fear the american people will still have a negative view of our institution. >> yes. >> judge: herman cain one last question i only have a
1:11 am
few seconds. what do you think democrats are going to come up with since most of the house intel report by the republicans has been redacted? i mean, are they going to come out with their own report? >> no. they are going to come up with what they have always come up with. deny, denial, and distract. those are the only tactics they have. here is why judge jeanine. you know tds. trump derangement syndrome is no longer a medical disorder. it is a mental disease. that's what they are suffering from. and they are going to continue to try to drag it out until november. >> judge: herman cain and congressman gates thank you so much for being with us tonight. >> thank you. >> judge: president trump has often referred to james comey as a leaker and lier. in an interview with bret baier the fired fbi director lived up to that reputation. take a look at this. >> i don't consider what i did with mr. richman a leak. >> your own employment agreement with the fbi
1:12 am
prohibits, quote the unauthorized disclosure of any information or material to from or related to fbi files or any information acquired by vitter true of my official employment by prior written permission of the fbi. did you have prior written permission. >> no i didn't consider it part of the fbi file. >> bret: you wrote it as fbi director. it was work product. >> no. it was not. >> bret: you were talking to the president? >> sure. i carried two copies of it. one to keep in my personal safe at home and i left another one at the fbi so the bureau could always have access to it, but i always thought of it as mine like a diary. >> bret: you said in the memos, i don't do sneaky things i don't leak, i don't do weasel moves. but, we can argue what a leak is but that's a leak, isn't it? >> it's not. >> bret: okay. >> judge: joining us now is fox news contributor sara carter, cpac chairman matt schlapp and go pack chairman david gotella. i will start with you, sara. to me, jim comey looked like
1:13 am
he didn't know what to say when bret baier pushed back and said this is a leak. you didn't have authority to leak it and he said no, it's my diary. as if fbi directors have a diary and share it with other people when it's a report. >> absolutely right, judge gentleman jean. this is my personal memo wars which i started at the fbi and put a copy of in my home. nobody can do that. at the fbi there are explicit instructions that they are given to all agents, including the director that you did not take your work product home with you at the cia it's the same way. and in any kind of intelligence apparatus. you cannot remove documents from the office and take them home even if you want to call them your memoirs or want to call them your diary. he has been caught now in a number of inconsistencies and lies. i think this is going to come back to haunt him. another question that i have judge, i will say it really quick. is dr. richman, even if he
1:14 am
was a special government employee with the fbi, he was working for the fbi not for comey so he would be under the same rules and guidelines. >> judge: all right. matt schlapp i will go to you next. sarah makes a great point this guy dan richman his friend from columbia professor, columbia law school. he gives special status sge, special government employee. i want to know was the guy fingerprinted? was he photographed? was there any lie detector? was there a background check? or is this just a guy who leaks stuff who then was leaking stuff to other people. what's your take on that. >> my take is look these special government employees, this is a legitimate way to get somebody in government. quick way to get them. in sometimes a temporary way. what i think jim comey had up his sleeve the whole time is sarah is exactly right. when i left the white house, i couldn't take any paper with me because it belonged to the taxpayers. jim comey wrote these memos and then colluded with his
1:15 am
law professor friend they were written so they would could be given to the "washington times" and "new york post" and libya to prosecute the case against donald trump no matter what form. with a special counsel on the front pages of these newspapers. it was all done because jim comey was a never trumper. he doesn't think he has the character to be president. and he wants to get him out of the office at all costs. >> the amazing part of it david, is when you ride the memo itself that we were all so desperately waiting to read, there is nothing in there that hurts the president that would be the genesis of a special counsel. he basically says, the president says, you know, well, do the investigation. i want to know who is doing this and i don't need prostitutes and comey is dumb enough to say clapper told me to get there and to tell him about it. what's your take on that? >> exactly. james comey is in the 14th minute of his 15-minutes of fame and this book tour has
1:16 am
done nothing except steal the pro-veiling view of james comey that every answer is ultimately given to try to make him look like a hero. sarah asked a great question. here's one that i have. who is going to be setting across from fbi agents under their own investigation first? andrea mccabe or james comey? >> judge: right. there is talk, sara. i mean, i could see this months ago when, you know, james comey was tweeting things that when he was trying to make nice with mccabe or mccabe wasn't having any of it now there is talk that they are going to end up, you know, mccabe saying comey gave me right to leak. comey saying i didn't give him the right to leak. and yet now we have got the leaker, dan richman, who is now the lawyer, they are playing the hillary clinton game where cheryl mills is the suspect and she is a lawyer and that keeps everything on lockdown. >> yeah. i think, you know, the collusion here, judge jeanine, there was collusion.
1:17 am
if you look at the report. there was collusion. and it was between clapper, comey, mccabe, all of these players. colluding against the incoming president of the united states president trump. we have seen how they tried to massage this and manage this. they believed none of this boo come out. first of all they thought hillary clinton would win. when she didn't win, they went one step further and they moved into plan b. and now everything is being exposed. now they are eating each other up. we see mccabe and comey both saying that each other's stories don't match up. and i think what we're going to eventually find out is that a lot more people were leaking. a lot more people in the fbi are going to be in trouble and a lot more people in the intelligence community. >> judge: matt, the whole idea of they are being hoisted on their own -- in that we don't need them to fight with each other. their inconsistencies are glaring. one thing in the book and another thing to bret baier
1:18 am
or whether it's clapper who says he didn't discuss the steele dossier with the press. the testimony before the committee as trey gowdy was that he did discuss it. >> so it's all the same theme, which is each one of these men, whether it's steele or mccabe or comey, they have an intricate way of doing something that is illegal, nonts, and against the -- their oath of office, which is they are releasing information that should not be given to the press. it's not even accurate information. it's information that's used to try to go after political enemies. i tell you this, judge. and i have been involved in politics too dang long. if there's no collusion with russia and there is not one scintilla of evidence from anything, the american people are fair. and i think the donald trump has done a great service. at great cost and great pain to a lot of people. but he has exposed these liars and leakers in the -- that are entrenched in these powerful positions. it's important for the
1:19 am
american people to sweep them out of government. >> you know, david, last question, when you look at what is obvious to those of us who are really watching everything that's been happening over the last year, you've got james comey has gone from the fbi. andrew mccabe is gob from the fbi. rybicki is gone from the fbi, chief of staff, as is baker who was the counsel. so you have got that whole ump echelon, strzok and page, in spite of their biases, they are still there, but there is evidence or information, i should say, that they are cooperating. i mean, the fact that that whole upper echelon is gone. what does it tell you? >> it confirms what all the local agents want because they are frustrated by how this makes the fbi look. and if you talk to local agents, they want all of the upper management of the fbi cleaned out because it's making the entire bureau look bad. most important thing the president said today was it's time to move on with
1:20 am
our lives. here's the unfortunate thing, judge, and what's extremely important. the average special counsel investigation goes 1154 days. this is -- this isn't about influencing the 2018 election. this is about democrats and their allies in the media affecting the 2020 election. >> judge: interesting. all right. thanks to you all for being on this evening. and, coming up on this special edition of hannity, the left continues to hammer rapper kanye west over his support for president trump. we'll tell you what the president is saying about all of it. stay right there. we use our phones and computers
1:21 am
1:22 am
1:23 am
1:24 am
the same way these days. so why do we pay to have a phone connected when we're already paying for internet? shouldn't it all just be one thing? that's why xfinity mobile comes with your internet. you can get up to 5 lines of talk and text included at no extra cost. so all you pay for is data. see how you could save $400 or more a year. and get $200 back when you sign up for xfinity mobile and add a new line of unlimited. xfinity mobile. it's a new kind of network designed to save you money. click, call or visit an xfinity store today.
1:25 am
>> judge: welcome to this special edition of hannity, trump the disrupter in chief. according to a report, trump is thinking about inviting kanye to the white house for dinner sources say. president trump also tweeted kanye west has performed a great service to the black community. big things are happening and eyes are being opened for the first time in decades. legacy stuff. thank you to chance and dr. darrell scott, they really get it lowest black and hispanic unemployment in history. of course, the show of support between the president and west is sending the left and the media in to a frenzy. take look at. this today kanye west has a lot of people wondering if he cares about black people. rapper kanye west treating you don't have to agree with president trump but the mob can't make me not love him. >> we have the right to independent thoughts. yes we have the right to independent thoughts and i
1:26 am
independently think that kanye has lost your mind. i'm your brother, too. brother to brother i want to say put the phone down. >> can i ask you something on this set. >> what. >> have you guys noticed, do you feel it? wily and i have it. >> what? >> very few people have it. >> what's wrong? >> the president has it. >> what? >> kanye has it. >> what are you talking about? >> dragon energy. >> no. stop. gross. >> before he was the president of the united states he was the tv host. viewed as harmless and he was somebody that they could aspire to or at least aspire to that lifestyle. but i think now the terms have changed a little bit so that's why have you seen so much outrage against kanye. >> when the president starts bragging about all the things he has done to black folk. kanye doesn't with black people. listen to all falls down. >> judge: joining me now is
1:27 am
deneen borelli and turning point u.s.a. founder charlie kirk. all right, deneen, i'm going to start with you. deneen, who would have ever thought we would discuss pop culture icon in a segment with donald trump? >> well, let me just say if the president does invite kanye west to the white house, the left is clearly going to go over the edge. but, the really the message is breaking through, judge jeanine. the left cannot control president trump. he has over 51 million twitter followers. they can't control kanye west. he has over 27 million twitter followers. the message is breaking through. i think it's great that kanye west is standing up for independent thought and backlash that he is getting is expected. but i'm glad he is still sticking to his guns. >> judge: you can see the president there with can yea
1:28 am
west at trump tower after donald trump had been elected but was still president-elect. charlie, i'm going to go to you. the frenzy and hysteria that we have been hearing about from the left criticizing kanye is reminiscent, to me of mccarthyism. how dare you think that this donald trump is anyone that you should support? forget about the fact that black and hispanic unemployment is the lowest in history. but, it is such group think it's mccarthyism. it's frightening to me. >> it's monolithic and important to remember how we got here. a week ago our incredible communications director candace owens was praised by kanye west. and it seems to have broke the internet. just seven words. i love the way candace owens thinks. you saw the bubbling up. the media starting to go african yea. kanye said i'm going to double down and tweet out a picture of me wearing a make america great again hat. he doubles down and trim
1:29 am
pells down and triggered a natural conversation of wait a second why are black people voting for democrats at a 95% clip? the democrats and their policies are the very ones that have harmed the black community the most over the last 50 or 60 years. you saw chance the rapper, he tweeted out and he said not all black people have to be democrats. correct. this monolithic group think that has been happening in the black community politically over the last 30 or 40 years has harmed them and this is the type of cultural change that needs to happen. >> judge: charlie brought up the fact that chance the rapper said that blacks don't have to vote democrat. and they beat down on him to the point where he has issued a statement late today saying, you know, i was supporting my friend kanye. i really hate donald trump. i would never support him. and it's just like shania twain has said if i could have, i would have voted for donald trump and they beat her down and she took it
1:30 am
back. i can't say why are they so weak, which i would like to say, but is there anything that we can do to at least convince people like kanye and chase and shania like hey, people are buying in to what you are saying and your free thought? >> well, yeah, it's the liberal mob, judge. and really anyone who was for freedom and liberty and personal responsibility, we need backup. i have been talking about this for many, many years. that's what i wrote my book backlash. with black voters they are afraid in some cases to say that they are conservative and agree with free market values and principles because of the backlash they will get from their immediate surrounding. their friends, their families, their co-workers. and so that is some of the reasons why black voters will not come out and say that they agree with conservative principles. but now is the time and i would say for republican politicians as well, the momentum is there. they need to make that face
1:31 am
time and get the message out about free market principles and how it will be beneficial for you and your family. >> judge: charlie, i want to go back to you with candace owen. she is incredibly bright, articulate, very persuasive young woman. she is part of your organization. and you hired her. are you at all surprised that a couple lines from her or a couple of comments and literally, you know, created this pop culture divide in this country? >> i'm surprised in one way. i'm surprised it happened this quick. i hired candace owens four minutes after meeting her and i had never come across anyone with that kind of natural talent, drive, passion and vision all combined together. she looked me in the eye and said charlie i will leaded black revolution through culture and i want to do it with you. i said you are hired. turning points u.s.a. we have worked together a couple months. this started last week challenged black lives matter protesters head on.
1:32 am
supposed to be untouchable activist group on the left. did it so well, so brilliantly. put the clip on twitter kanye saw it and he praised her. this started a national conversation that no one expected. i'm so proud to have her as our communications director. we need more courageous young warriors like her. with the support of many other students across the country and her we will help turn this around. >> a. agree with charlie, kudos to your group and candace. definitely. >> judge: no question. charlie, deneen, thank you for being with us tonight. >> you bet. >> thank you. >> judge: president trump could be on the verge of a big win after his historic peace summit between north and south korea. we will show you how the president is reacting next on this special edition of hannity. ♪ ♪
1:33 am
1:34 am
1:35 am
1:36 am
>> i want to congratulate the republic of korea on its historic summit with north korea. we are encouraged by
1:37 am
president moon and kim jong un's expressed goal of complete denuclearization of the korean peninsula. i will be meeting with kim jong un in the coming weeks. we look forward to that. and hopefully it will be productive. it's taken a long time, many, many decades to get here. let's see what happens. we will not repeat the mistake of past administrations. maximum pressure will continue until denuclearization occurs. things have changed i have radically from a few months ago. you know the name calling and a lot of other things. we get a kick every once in a while out of the fact that i will be watching people that fail so badly over the last 25 years explaining to me how to make a deal with north korea. i get a big, big kick out of that. but, we are doing very well. i think that something very dramatic could happen.
1:38 am
>> judge: welcome back to this special edition of hannity. trump, the disrupter in chief. that was president today talking about a -- with german chancellor angela merkel. talking now about the historic summit that took place in south korea between north korean leader kim jong un and his south korean counterpart. the two leaders vowed to end war between the two countries and agreed to the complete denuclearization of the korean peninsula. president trump also said this about the situation. >> we're not going to be played. okay? we're going to hopefully make a deal. we don't that's fine. united states in the past was played like a fidel. fiddle. known going in and nobody knew what was happening. we will come up with a solution. if we don't, we leave the room with great respect. we leave the room or we keep it going. this isn't like past administration we don't play games. >> judge: joining us now is
1:39 am
lieutenant colonel allen west. former treasury department analyst are a telling gas and former brigadier general tony at a time attachment allen, i'm going to start with you. i understand that you were actually in the militarized zone. what is your take that kim jong un has met with the president moon of south korea and actually stepped over that demilitarized zone? >> well, it is good to be with you, judge. in 1995 i was stationed there with the second infantry division. i remember has a senior officer seeing the tunnels that the north koreans had dug to try to infiltrate in south korea. today was hink call moment hist. kim jong un has been a person you cannot trust. we have to have the systems and sanctions in place. verify anything he says he is going to do. because history will teach
1:40 am
us, neville chamberlain sat back down with hitler and signed the munich accord and later on hitler said it was just a piece of paper. >> judge: morgan, those who say we have reached a point thoughnow that is only due to president trump. he referenced it a few minutes ago. a lot of name-calling and few other things several months back rocket man and all the other back and forth. that really did lead or create the foundation for this meeting between president moon and kim jong un. could you agree? >> absolutely, judge. i think that the president deserves a ton of credit for what happened today. and you are even seeing some of his biggest critics give him credit as well. the south korean president went out of his way to say that the policies of the president is what has led towards today. i will say though though when you look at what the general just said. we view everything with skepticism when it comes to kim jong un. today we saw for the first
1:41 am
time the north korea leader step on the south korea nel soil. we have never seen that before. it's not just the rhetoric. the rhetoric is important. it's the fact that there was a credible threat of force behind out rhetoric. and i would add, judge, that the historic sanctions that nikki haley and the trump administration pursued at the u.n. deserve a lot of the credit. what happened was that we caused pain in his pocket where it hurts the most. so clearly one of the reasons he is coming to the table is because of this whole government approach. have you an american president hot world believes will take action. have you historic sanctions and i would add look at what has happened with the chinese. look at the president is seconding his top economic team to china and the chinese were a part of this. this is a comprehensive strategy in east asia. >> judge: general at a time tat, let's look at the military. he reluctance to use military force to back up and also not afraid to walk away if he doesn't get from
1:42 am
kim jong un. >> well, judge, i think the military component here is peace through strength. right? we have 28,000 troops on the korean peninsula and we have got, you know, the air force in guam and we have got, you know, we have had three carrier strike groups in the sea of japan surrounding the korean peninsula with all of the air power that comes along with that and tom toll hawks and nuclear missiles that can be launched. so there is a credible threat from us to north korea that has been behind the other elements of national power that the president has artfully synchronized here as we talked before on your show with diplomacy, information, economic, all those elements of power. and what you are seeing now is, you know, success has a thousand fathers and success is an orphan. media is looking for somebody to dilute the praise away from the president for doing all of these things and so, you know, they choose kim jong
1:43 am
un's sister who was at the olympics and she may have gone back and talked to her brother and said hey, it's pretty nice down there. they have food. you might want to go check it out. you know, it's a credible threat of military force. and president trump is sin con fridaying that in fridayin- synchronizing that. president trump and his team deserve the credit. mike pompeo deserves a lot of credit. >> judge: indeed, as well as ambassador haley. >> judge: i will go back to you, with kim jong un with president moon, this is a guy who was killing us six months ago. he was standing there with all of -- you know, his toys of war and, you know, did he have a l a la l la bottom labot. did somebody say you better make this right or you are going? >> i think it is as general
1:44 am
tata just said when you have a credentialed military. it backs up your foreign policy. 2010 when the north koreans sunk a south korean navy vessel killing 76 of theirs sailors and wounding another 5 of. later in that year november 2010 there was the north korean bombardment of the south korean island. we said nothing and did nothing. as a matter of fact we continued to appease and negotiate. for the first time we have an american president who has stood with resolve and resiliency but also let us remember that kim jong un is responsible for the death of an american citizen otto warmbier and three american citizens still being held as well as japanese citizens u understand stepping across in to south korea. this is a person that has very dark past and has very evil intentions. we cannot put that aside. we have to still proceed with caution. >> judge: general tata, i mean, the family has sued the north korean government
1:45 am
of otto warmbier. how is that going to impact what is going on and suing them, does that have any chance of resolution in any way? >> you know, judge, i think that it's a whole his sticks approach as wholistic approach. this is for the world. we can scale from you know a very important microcosmic issue all the way up to what we have to do for the world in a denuclearize you had peninsula, korean peninsula is so key to the world and i think the president and his team are going to achieve that and i believe that they're going to achieve all the other goals as well, one of which is what you mentioned. >> very quickly. the idea of the large armies that are actually on that border between north and south korea, the fact that they might be able to come home is certainly something
1:46 am
to look forward to. >> it certainly is. but i would echo what the gentleman just said that we need to lay out steps for denuclearization. what does it look like? how can we verify it. we can't make the same mistakes where the obama administration did where they relieve sanctions on iran for a bunch of empty promises that weren't fulfilled. this administration won't do that we need to verify what is happening. >> judge: all of us a agree that the donald trump administration is not going to put together any deal without real verification. anyway, allen, morgan and general tata, thank you so much for being with us. >> thank you, judge. >> judge: still to come on this special edition of hannity, congressman ron desantis will weigh in on james comey's ridiculous explanation about his leaks as well as so much more. stay right there. ♪ ♪
1:47 am
1:48 am
1:49 am
xfinity watchathon week is over. that means it's time to tap back into your regular life. oh wow. your majesty, this isn't what we had in mind. well, it's probably better. perhaps it's time for you to go. if you upgrade, i could stay. well we already did... well i'll finish up here, then move into the master... whoa. this looks great, your majesty! thank you kirby! upgrade now to add a premium channel of your choice
1:50 am
so you can keep on watching all year long.
1:51 am
judge judge congressman gowdy is blasting james comey's unbelievable justification for leaking his memo. take a look at. this james comey has a definition of the word leak that no one else has. what he says is a leak is what the rest of us call a felony. leaking is disclosing a confidential conversation which is exactly what he did. >> judge: president is also tweeting tonight saying the special counsel should never have been appointed. joining me now with reaction florida congressman ron desantis. all right, good evening, congressman. i must tell you when i heard trey gowdy say our desks of leak is a felony as opposed to james comey. james comey seemed to be actually stunned when bret
1:52 am
baier said to him when you leak this to dan richman, no, no, no. it wasn't a he can go. what is a leak? >> well, look, if you believe comey's explanation then you will believe that it's going to snow in miami in august. it's just totally ridiculous. he even really admitted it was a leak when he testified originally because he said he wanted to create a special counsel. he went back to his files. these were -- some of them were classified but certainly they were government property because, remember, he was districting them to people like andrew mccabe and rybicki. this was clearly a government document. some of it was likely classified. by him putting it out there, that is exactly what a leak is. he is a leaker. i think he is in really trouble with the law not only for the classified potential but it can be a crime to leak defense information even if it's not fbi. i read a letter that he
1:53 am
should be criminally the book tour has blown up in his face big time. >> judge: the book tour has created a lot of controversy what he said before some committees as opposed to what he said on television as opposed to what he said in the book can be three different versions of the truth or his truth anyway. but, i want to talk about one in particular. he was asked if there was any truth to the thinking that the fbi agents who interviewed flynn actually didn't think he had intent to deceive. when asked this he said no, but then there is a transcript of his saying before the committee house committee that his group didn't detect any deception on the part of flynn. he denied it twice. you got him in the transcript and now lying about it jim comey used to be the smart guy the guy i
1:54 am
knew. is he so confident that our system is so weak and that if they slow walk doj and fbi reports that no one and certainly no one in the justice department will ever prosecute him that he is laughing all his way -- all the way to the bank? >> well, he definitely is going to the bank. because is he making a lot of the money on this book and i think he is really doing damage to the fbi as an institution. i think he does think that he is not going to be subjected to any type of accountability. because, very few people have been. i mean, mccabe being referred was like a major deal. i was calling for that i know you were. but that typically had not happened. usually that elite bureaucratic class lives under different rules. that's one of the big problems with how our system is operating right now. i think comey, i think he has a lot of issues. if we have an equal application of the law, you can't say that a submariner, a petty officer in the navy who take as picture of a submarine, which he
1:55 am
shouldn't have done, it's california but didn't disclose it to anybody. he gets a felony. but comey can maliciously leak potentially classified information and we just act like nothing ever happened? that's wrong, judge. >> judge: and make money on it we would need someone in the justin department to prosecute. is anyone at the switch and i have 10 seconds. >> we sent the referral to huber and to sessions. sessions isn't recused. we need to get an answer on that. but i think that we are closer than we were three or four weeks ago. >> let's hope. so congressman ron desantis. thanks so much. coming up. more of this special edition of hannity. ♪
1:56 am
1:57 am
1:58 am
1:59 am
>> we will have relaxing with a list guess. join me for justice with judge
2:00 am
jeanine tomorrow night at 9:00 p.m. eastern. ♪ ♪ ♪ >> >> tucker: good evening and welcome to tucker carlson tonight. the news stacks up and we finally get answers. we have some tonight. after year of research and interviews the house intelligence committee has finally concluded its investigation into this russian meddling during the 2016 election that you have been hearing so much about. the final report is out. it's more than 200 pages long. here's the headline. investigators found no evidence of collusion or coordination of any kind between the russian government and the donald trump for president campaign. none. so that's bad news for the other cable channels. they probably ought to apologize for the entire
2:01 am
st

39 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on