Skip to main content

tv   Tucker Carlson Tonight  FOX News  July 29, 2019 9:00pm-10:00pm PDT

9:00 pm
>> mike: we will have to get you that midnight hero soon because we are out of time. most-watched, most trusted, most grateful you spent the evening with us. good night from washington, i'm mike emanuel. ♪ >> tucker: good evening and welcome to "tucker carlson tonight." happy monday. over the weekend the president got bored and decided to see if he could make democrats defend the most dangerous corrupt place in the country, and of course he could. it wasn't hard. he sent a flurry of tweets criticizing the city of baltimore and the congressman who represented, elijah cummings. the president called baltimore "a disgusting rat and rodent-infected -- a corrupt mess that no human being would want to live in." a lot of people t have never ben to baltimore claim to be deeply offended by those remarks. but one person who seemed to agree with them was the former mayor of baltimore, catherine
9:01 pm
pugh. she said something remarkably similar just last year. >> about a year ago city leaders identified some of the city of austin as most violent neighborhoods. >> we should just take all of this [bleep] down. >> to target under baltimore's violence reduction initiative. just last week we went with the mayor as she toured in east baltimore neighborhood. >> oh, my god, you can smell the dead animals. >> blocks of dilapidated buildings helped to hide the addiction that has crippled this community. >> tucker: you can smell the rotting rats. the mayor did not explain why she didn't clean up the rotting rats. that footage, by the way, got almost no attention when it ran on a local news station. neither did the story just ten days ago about the deputy police commissioner of baltimore who was robbedhe at gunpoint by four thugs while after dinner with his wife. people are not talking about that story in georgetown this weekend. in fact, if there's one thing
9:02 pm
that virtually everyone who lives in washington aggressively doesn't care about, it's baltimore. it baltimore is 40 miles away but it's a different world. you could live your entire life in d.c. and never visit or think about baltimore. most people in d.c. do just that. or dead. then came this weekend when orange mussolini weighed in on the subject and suddenly baltimore became holy ground, a sacred city of light that only an infidel would disparage. dn infidel or perhaps, and this will not surprise you, a racist. because honestly, only a hardened bigot would criticize a place as awesome as baltimore. that was the media consensus over the weekend. watch. >> this weekend racist messages ranging from the president's twitter feed. >> donald trump masterfully makes it a racist debate about baltimore. >> another racist attack on an african-american member of congress and the city represent represents. >> the president is, as he usually is or often is, disgusting and racist.
9:03 pm
>> he uses the racist appeal, he uses the bait and switch. >> in the most bigoted and racist way. >> the racist president whost attacks people because they are african-american. >> he says he is not a racist but the racists believe he's a racist. >> how to respond when a president says racist things. >> a racist who makes evermore outrageous s racist remarks. >> donald trump is a bigot and a racist. this isn't even subjective. >> donald trump and his people think white people are so racist that the way to get them to vote is to be racist. >> this is just to donald trump is. he's just an old racist. >> tucker: got that? its race baiting, says al sharpton, a noted authority on the subject. pretty funny. republicans are very easy to intimidate. still get right in the face when cnn calls them racist. but they shouldn't. it's not real. nobody meansbo it. least of all al sharpton. if you paidto him money he would stop criticizing you.
9:04 pm
he should, probably, it's just easier. the whole thing as a campaign tactic dreamed up at the dnc. once the russian conspiracy imploded democrats and their lackeys in the media moved onto the only other message they have, which is shut off, racist. it didn't work in 2016 for hillary, but they are hopeful it will work this time. they are trying hard. we will see. meanwhile, baltimore, the actual city of baltimore, not the metaphor of baltimore, could desperately use some attention, so it'sci good news it's finally getting some. if anything, trump's tweets underplay the crisis there. last year the city of baltimore recorded 309 homicides. that's a rate of more than 50 per 100,000 people. to put in perspective, if baltimore were a country, it would have the fourth highest murder rate in the world. barely below venezuela. think of it this way, last week the left denounced president trump for reaching a deal with guatemala that declares the country a safe location forng asylum-seekers. liberals told us that guatemala has too much crime, too many gangs to be considered safe,
9:05 pm
making people stay in guatemala is a human rights violation, they told us. and yet -- here's the amazing part -- baltimore's murder rate is double that ofer guatemala. in almost any way that a city can be a disaster, baltimore is. more than 22% of the city lives in poverty, almost 65% of all children in baltimore grow up in single parent households. the schools, not surprisingly, are a catastrophe. in 2017, one-third of baltimore's high schools had zero students who were proficient in math. let that sink in. in 13 of baltimore's 39 high schools, not a single student -- not one student was deemed proficient at math. you think that would be a nationalal scandal. you think that elijah cummings will be on a hunger strike until that's fixed. bernie sanders, to his credit by the way, visited baltimore a few years ago and was shocked by it. watch. >> anyone who took the walk that we took around this neighborhood
9:06 pm
would not think you're in a wealthy nation, you would think that you were in a third world country. >> tucker: a third world country? wait a second. it bernie sanders a white supremacist? no. actually he's just an old fashion of the world. that's what democrats used to think. if they saw misery and urban decay, they wanted to fix it. not anymore. modern progressives are different from that. modern progressivism isn't about helping the people beneath you. it's about establishing moral superiority over them. it's a revolution aimed downwards, a boot in the face of people beneathut you. that's what it's about. so democrats support the status quo in baltimore. it doesn't bother them. that's not surprising, because they created it. the city hasn't had a republican mayor in more than 50 years. things really began to fall apart after the 2015 riots there. this didn't get a lot of attention because nothing that happens in baltimore gets any attention until trump tweets about it. but it was a big deal when the
9:07 pm
obama administration imposed a consent decree on the police department because they are racist that in effect radically restricted its ability to protect citizens and not surprisingly, crime exploded. elijah cummings, by the way, praised patent decree. he's very much part of the problem inin i baltimore. from her taxpayer-funded vacation in italy today, nancy pelosi defended elijah cummings in the city of baltimore. and she would know, she grew up in baltimore. her father was the mayor of baltimore, her brother was the mayor of baltimore, but like most rich progressives, pelosi herself is long gone. she's in san francisco now, pacific heights. she's got a winery in napa. she's not interested in going back to baltimore. it's easier just to give other people lectures about baltimore. most democrats feel that way, they've given up on the poor. instead of trying to fix baltimore'sn problems and rescue its people, they decided to import a new population of people. many of them illegal aliens. if baltimore city councilman zeke cohen once bragged about it
9:08 pm
on this show. watch. >> my only concern is for the people who are already here. does it make a school that when people moving who don't speak english? is a good for the kids were already in the school do you think you might does it improve the education? is it fair to the taxpayers? have you thought about that? >> i think the greatest asset in our city is our diversity and i was joined by an amazing group of immigrant youth yesterday. >> tucker: slow down. that doesn't mean anything. i ask you a sincere question. does it improve a school when a lot of people move in and who don't speak english, does the school get better? >> absolutely. >> tucker: school get a lot better when you import a lot of people that don't speak and was buried actually turns out they have gotten better at all but he doesn't care. nobody on the left cares because they don't care about baltimore. illegal immigration has been devastating for baltimore. and a lot of cities like baltimore. the last thing any poor, desperate community needs is even more poor, desperate people. if not on attacking anybody, it's a fact. go to lewiston, maine, if you don't believe it.
9:09 pm
illegal immigration drives down wages for low skilled workers natures to nationwide. they suck up education and health care dollars. democrats do not care about this. why? because illegal immigrants are reliable votes for them. they are a pathway to power and for democrats, that is worth sacrificing a city or two or ten, or a whole country. seth baron is associated editor enjoins us tonight. another lecture on racism from people, seth, who clearly care very deeply about baltimore and what's happening there. do think any of the people lecturing us about baltimore have been to baltimore or know anything about baltimore or would live in baltimore in a million years? >> have probably been through it -- it's the sort of place you travel through quickly. think that -- i don't think that the various worthies who have been telling trump he's a racist and expressing all the sympathy for
9:10 pm
baltimore, particularly care about what's happening there. the fact is the city does, as you pointed out, have by far the highest murder rate in the countryy and while there are suffering places all over the united states, i really think that a very high murder rate such as what baltimore has shown is really a level of depravity and degradation that surpasses anything we can find anywhere else in the country. >> tucker: what's just so interesting to me is that baltimore is not youngstown. it's right in the middle of, you just said it, the sl a quarter. washington, new york, baltimore is in between them, philadelphia. and yet it's completely ignored. he completely ignored. why is that? >> it's very interesting. baltimore -- if you look at it objectively, there's no reason why baltimore shouldn't be super thriving city. it's practically part of the washington -- it is part of the washington metropolitan area. washington is one of the richest
9:11 pm
regions in the entire country. there's so much money in montgomery county, fairfax county, even howard county, which elijah cummings partially represents. you've got johns hopkins, the federal government. there's really no reason why baltimore shouldn't be a thriving metropolitan area except that it's run by a corrupt and corrosive democratic machine that doesn't seem to care what it does except extract moneys and favors. the last two out of the three mayors of baltimore have had to resign in disgrace. it's really a horrible situation. >> tucker: speaking of money -- if you are republican, particularly a republican member of congress, it's very easy to intimidate you. everyone knows how to do that, call you a bigot and you will wilt. don't fold immediately. al sharpton is often the person leveling the charge. if you're running the rnc, why
9:12 pm
not set aside a million bucks and just send it to al sharpton? wouldn't it just be easier to pay him off than to have to respond to his criticism? why is it not occurred to anybody of the geniuses at the republican national committee? >> it may have. it certainly corporate america has donerp that. al sharpton -- you notice al sharpton sold his life story to his own organization for $900,000 -- to the national action network in order to give them a future source of income, he said. making movies about him. so he's well-equipped for this type of thing. >> tucker: he certainly is. i wish the republicans were more clever. just find a donor to set aside a million bucks, send it to al sharpton and once a week he will tweet something nice aboutio yo. it's just easier that way. >> msnbc like that, sure. >> tucker: good to see you tonight, thank you so much.
9:13 pm
>> thanks. >> tucker: dr. ben carson is the secretary of housing and urban development, obviously, but before that he lived in baltimore. in fact he spent almost 30 years performing pediatric neurosurgery at johns hopkins, the most famous hospital in america, which is in baltimore. knows a lot about the city and we are happy to have him join ue tonight. secretary carson, thank you very much for coming on. so you spent a good chunk of your life in baltimore. it's a sad city. i think it's a city with a lot of promise. what does it mean, do you think? >> first of all, as a pediatric neurosurgeon i spent many hours sometimes operating all night long tryingou to give children f baltimore and other places around the world a second chance at life. and usually we were successful but a few days later i was in a horrible dilemma. because some of those kids had to go back into homes in east baltimore that were infested with rats and roaches and tics and mold and lead in violence and i didn't want to send them back. sometimes i would even consider
9:14 pm
extra tests so they could stay in the hospital an extra day or two but now fortunately god is giving me an opportunity to do something about it. and that's one of the reasons i'm delighted to be in this administration. while i was there, i worked on a lot of issues with many politicians, including elijah cummings. in a particularly in terms of childhood education and improving the life for the people. i don't think elijah cummings is a bad person. think he actually is working hard to try to help people and i certainly don't think president trump is a bad person. he's working very hard -- in fact ask him today would you be willing to work with elijah cummings to bring some relief to the people of baltimore and he said he would be happy to. in the meantime, going to continue with the programs like the opportunity zones which get people to take money and invest it into the areas that are distressed. if there are 149 of them. and governor hogan is doing a good job to help and capitalize on that. but also, unemployment is at a
9:15 pm
very low level. manufacturing is coming back. wages are going up. person reform. all these things are happening. these are not things that a person who was a racist would d do. and we allow ourselves to be distracted by these things. and i think what president trump was trying to say is that rather than spending your time talking about our brave border agents and investigating endlessly things that you can't find anything on, why not spend some time working more for these people who are suffering met and that he's willing to work with them. i think that's what we should be asking for. >> tucker: i wonder if a city in which 65% of all kids growing up in a single-parent household, i wonder if you can get anywhere without addressingit that. >> you need to address that. you need to address the family issues. there was a poverty study by the brookings institute and it
9:16 pm
concluded after a massive study but there were three things a person could do to reduce the likelihood of property to 2%, number one, finish high school. at number two, get married. number three, wait until you're married to have children. but a lot of our policies over these decades have not reflected that. in fact have moved us in the opposite direction. we should actually utilize the data. it would make a huge t differen. >> tucker: i'm so glad to hear you say that. it's an obvious point and you can't say it enough and it's rarely said, unfortunately. thanks very much. >> always a pleasure. >> tucker: at the left tars its enemies as racist as a matter of course. what's interesting though is that al sharpton is often theha person they use to articulate the rest of the met message. race baiting is wrong, says al sharpton. hilarious once you know the details of al sharpton's career. and if you don'tof know the details, stay tuned, because we have them for you after the break. ♪
9:17 pm
they really appreciate the military family and it really shows. with all that usaa offers why go with anybody else? we know their rates are good, we know that they're always going to take care of us. it was an instant savings and i should have changed a long time ago. it was funny because when we would call another insurance company, hey would say "oh we can't beat usaa" we're the webber family. we're the tenney's we're the hayles, and we're usaa members for life. ♪ get your usaa auto insurance quote today.
9:18 pm
♪now i'm gonna tell my momma ♪that i'm a traveller ♪i'm gonna follow the sun transitions™ light under control™ new transitions™ gen 8™ lenses ask your eye care professional today and learn more at transitions.com
9:19 pm
tfully aligned with one commone mission and vision. the light the night event is an opportunity to celebrate survivors, to remember those who have been lost to cancer and to recommit ourselves to the fight against cancer. as a cancer survivor, i feel that light the night is very important. this event truly gives survivors hope. when you see these survivors doing this walk, it shows you why you're here and why you need to continue to do better to find that next cure.
9:20 pm
9:21 pm
♪ >> tucker: like most advanced countries, hungry struggles with the declining birthrate. in america, for perspective, the average woman has 1.7 children. that's the lowest figure we've ever had in our history. in hungary, the hunger to number is even lower than that. hungary has lost more than half a million people in the past 30 years. at this rate, and unless changes dramatically, there will be no more hungarians. the neoliberals who run the european union and every think tank in washington strongly agree on what hungary should do to fix the problem. give up.
9:22 pm
instead of helping the native population to have more children, the hungarian government, they say, should import a replacement population from the third world. if that's the george soros solution. but hungry's prime minister has a different idea. instead of abandoning hungary's young people to the libertarian -- decided to affirmatively help hungarian families grow. the government is giving young women $35,000 low interest loans when they get married for the first time. if these women have three children with their husbands, the loans are forgiven completely. if they have a fourth child, they are exempt from income taxes for the rest of their lives. hungary doesn't just have parental leave. grandparents can take time off to help after the birth of a grandchild. everything about these policies is a good idea. they don't just tell people have the children they want to have, they encourage the creation of healthy families. the hungarian government wants to help people get married, stay married to the same person, and remain close to their extended
9:23 pm
families. it gives the biggest rewards to middle-class families. the very group struggling most to balance career, finances, and children in the modern age. in other words, hungary's leaders actually care about making sure their own people thrive instead of promising the nation's wealth to every illegal immigrant from the third world, they are using tax dollars to uplift their own people. imagine that. here's the least surprising part of it all, people absolutely love it. and why they? the government just won its third landslide election victory in a row. the lessons are so obvious that you have to wonder why isn't anyone trying that here? any time america has a debate on just about any issue, you can count on one thing. al sharpton is going to show up. what's he going to say? is going to call his opponents racist. president trump's tweets about baltimore were, needless to say, no exception to that rule.
9:24 pm
>> he has a particular venom for blacks and people of color. he doesn't refer to any of his other opponents or critics as infested. he's playing a race divisive card. >> tucker: he's playing a racial division card. at one sharpton tells you that, you know you're living the khartoum world. if nobody sows racial division more than al sharpton has. he's done it for 40 years. it's got people killed, actually. they won't tell you that on nbc's website. and that's why we are happy to have tonight david webb. if those to reality check on fox nation and knows a lot about al sharpton's history. we are happy to see him. thanks for coming on. so when you hear al sharpton accuse someone else of race baiting, what's your response? >> well, there are several responses, many i will never repeat on this channel or i won't have a job, but this is beyond ridiculous. this is dangerous and this is the thing about al sharpton that
9:25 pm
we should understand. you mention his history. this is someone who started out with -- someone who went to crown heights and stoked the fires of anti-semitism. someone who went to ferguson in 2014, did a press conference and left, never went back, someone who had a freddy gray summit in 2015. when he has been back to baltimore? i heads but he has come back today, that's it. but i want to use a quote that really sums them up, and you know i like history. i want to get this one right and i want people to pay attention. booker t. washington said there is a certain class of race problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well because as long as the disease holds out, they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public. that is al sharpton. i don't think booker t. washington could even have imagined the depths of degradation to which al sharpton will go.
9:26 pm
the candidates for years, democrats who have kissed the ring of al sharpton and the windows in harlem and i would ask the black people in this country or anyone who follows al sharpton, what does he produce in the form of solutions after those decades of photo ops? al sharpton is a chief race baiter, in this country. if there is not a doubt in anyone's mind if you're logical about it. >> tucker: so why are republicans so easily intimidated? what would your message of each of them? you're not going to change al sharpton. he's got a great gig, off camera as you know he's a cheerful, amusing guy. he gets the joke. but on camera he has this amazing ability to intimidate republicans. what would you say to them? >> i would say to the republicans what i've set for years, stop being so risk-averse and afraid to get into a combat situation with al sharpton. unless you take on the race -- the haters and produce results
9:27 pm
for those communities. go into those communities. work with the black community. they failed for many years, they've gotten better certain manner president trump who said what do you have to lose and when into those communities and i would say to the president continue to go there, look at dr. carson. you just had him on purity he's done great things from liberty square to detroit too many of the opportunity zones, the vision centers. produced results into the politicians, you and i have seen this for too many years, risk-averse politicians who sit around and come up with careful statements to try and walk it off to go to the next stage. if we need fighters for the american people, buyers for american values the promise in our declaration of independence and we back that up in our constitution. if that's not your strongest fighting point as a politician, get out of washington. >> tucker: that's exactly right. if al sharpton intimidates you, yet another gig, go hang vinyl siding or do something useful. get out of politics.
9:28 pm
great to see you tonight, thank you for that. >> thank you. >> tucker: a fox news alert for you tonight. capital one just announced a massive data breach. it affects a huge percentage of the american population, believe it or not, about a third. capital one says 100 million americans and 6 million canadians were exposed to security vulnerability. capital one says the person who exploded this vulnerability has been arrested by the fbi. if the company believes they were unable to disseminate the data they stole or use it for fraud. that's their position as of tonight. they also say no credit card numbers were stolen, but the matter remains under investigation. we want to warn you we don't know the full parameters of the story at this hour. this announcement comes just days after equifax reached a massive settlement or if prior data breach that affected more than 100 million americans. very likely could be eligible for payment. you can find out on our facebook page. we will continue to follow the
9:29 pm
story of course. congresswoman rashida tlaib calls herself a socialist. she says she wants to dramatically increase the minimum wage. it's a fair question, how much is she paying her own employees? stay tuned for the answer. plus, beto o'rourke says he wants to spend $500 billion to fix education. how's that going to work? we will tell you just ahead. ♪
9:30 pm
9:31 pm
9:32 pm
9:33 pm
>> tucker: no matter how dumb or repugnant the things she says, we are told that congresswoman ilhan omar is above all criticism. alexandria ocasio-cortez, fox.com, another key moral arbiters of told us that criticizing ilhan omar is immoral. in fact, it's tantamount to violence. that's what they say. it's not a threat to disagree with someone. what was interesting is that
9:34 pm
omar herself seems to have no problem with political violence, at least when it's aimed at people she doesn't like. over the weekend, omar retweeted actorer tom arnold after arnold ridiculed senator rand paul for nearly being killed by an angry neighbor. "imagine being rand paul's next-door neighbor and having to deal with rand paul, lying, cowardly, circular about lawn clippings. no wonder he ripped his to pay off." to be clear, t rand paul doesn't wear a toupee. his neighbor didn't touch his head.e. he attacked rand paul without warning and broke six of his ribs. he was hospitalized, needed surgery and was out of commission for a long time. it was a violent attack someone who was animated by political hatred. but ilhan omar apparently found it funny. she mightht describe it, someboy did something so it was no big deal. senator bernie sanders is running for president on a platform that would demand everyone in america makes at
9:35 pm
least $15 an hour. that would be the minimum minimum wage. it turns out sanders doesn't even pay his own campaign staff 15 bucks an hour, but sanders isn't the only socialist around. there are a lot of phonies in washington. last weekend at an event, congresswoman rashida tlaib says $15 isn't enough. she wants a $20 minimum wage. watch this. >> we can't allow people to be living off of -- when lying on those wages. $20 an hour from 18 to $20 an hour. but i can tell you everything has gone up. a lot of things have gone up already. >> tucker: okay, so $18 an hour is the minimum, or you will be living at a poverty level. we hear you, congresswoman, but if you want to get a job that keeps you out of poverty, take
9:36 pm
this advice and don't go work for congresswoman tlaib. last week her office posted a job listing, if you're lucky enough to get hired you will be paid a wage of, brace yourself, 15 bucks an hour. maybe we were too tough on bernie sanders. it turns out lowballing your own employees is pretty common for a socialist. america spends more on education than virtually any country on earth. that would include from preschool all the way through university but the system is dominated by ideologues and mediocre people on the left. america's test scores in some cases are incredibly low. beto o'rourke knows what the problem is though. not enough money and of course racism. racism! he unveiled a new education plan he says will fix education and perhaps save his doomed presidential campaign. $500 billion. that's the price tag for the plan. his plan would also ban corporal punishment in schools, also
9:37 pm
pressure schools to replace ordinary discipline with "restorative justice programs," because education isn't political enough already, that would require teacher prep programs to use even more political propaganda to address racial bias and cultural competency. a beta or work as on his way out as a presidential candidate and it really can't happen too fast. never been a more annoying person run for president probably ever in american history. justin haskins is editorial director andto research fellow t the heartland institute in very good at math, he's the man we call to assess some of these programs. he joins us again tonight to do so with this one. so you've read over his education reform plan, what do you make of it? >> i think it's astounding. really quite frustrating. here you have another democrat coming out and saying we know public education is bad, but we think we can fix the problem by just throwing more money at it because that's of course the only policy prescription democrats ever seem to have
9:38 pm
these days, just throw more money at it. $500 billion. here's the truth, you're not going to fix racism by locking up teachers in a room and telling them about their white privilege and how you're going to be able to solve all the problems in the world if you just stop being a racist, that's not going to fix the problem and he knows it. this isn't about fixing education. if this was about fixing education, the democrats would just embrace school choice. we know that fixes education. this isn't about that, this is about one thing and one thing only. if i teachers unions. you know that's what this is about because in his plan of one the biggest parts of the plan is something that you actually didn't mention. it's that it would be student loan forgiveness after just five years for any teacher who works in a government school, so if you've worked in a government school for just five years, you get all your student loans forgiven. just wrap your head around us for a minute.er you have some rich kid goes to sarah lawrence university and maybe go to nyu, runs of $200,000 in student loan debtn learning about early childhood education and then they end up
9:39 pm
as a gym teacher in baltimore making $45,000 a year teaching pudgy little 8-year-old how to play dodgeball while being racially sensitive because that's what teachers do now, and after all of that we are supposed tose get together, the taxpayers,su and we are supposed to pay off this person's student loan debt and somehow that's going to magically make all the problems for the kids in inner-city baltimore go away because now they don't have to worry about drugs and violence and gangs or any of those things, apparently, because their math teacher and their gym teacher doesn't have any more student loan debt. this is totally ridiculous, but this is what the democratic party -- this is what they do over and over and over again. if they really care -- if they really cared about helping minority students, they would embrace school choice, which by the way, a majority of minority parents, and a majority of even democrats say they support. >> tucker: yeah, or you could go to an all boys boarding school in columbia. a couple of years ago waiting for superman came out, the
9:40 pm
documentary about teachers unions and a lot of smart liberals i know said you know, actually teachers unions are indefensible, we are not going to defend this anymore, they hurt mostly poor black kids and we are not for teachers unions. whatever happened to that? now democrats seem to have forgotten all that and they are for teachers unions again. >> polling shows that 70% of democrats actually support tschool choice. so it's not regular democrats. not even regular liberals that are opposed to school choice. if the people like beto o'rourke and bernie sanders and elizabeth warren and kamala harris and people like that. because they need those people. they need teachers unions in order to win the election. it's what this is all about. it's about winning elections. it doesn't matter what happens to theseio kids. >> tucker: i think you just summed it up right there, it's always about power. thank you very much for that. >> thanks. >> tucker: there was an awful shooting in gilroy, california, over the weekend at the garlic festival. democratic presidential field immediatelyfo responded of coure
9:41 pm
before the facts were all and by demanding that you give up your constitutional rights. tell you what they said after the break. ♪ i have a vision correction number, but i'm more than a number. when i'm not teaching, i'm taking steep grades and tight corners. my essilor lenses offer more than vision correction with three innovative technologies for my ultimate in vision, clarity and protection... together in a single lens: the essilor ultimate lens package so, i can do more of what i love
9:42 pm
buy new transitions with select essilor lenses. choose a second pair of qualifying clear lenses... free with purchase of frames. see more. do more. essilor
9:43 pm
9:44 pm
free wlet's cowboy up!frames. exhilarating speed. woo! precision control. woo! maximum reliability. access denied. [ repeats ] access denied. if it's not xfinity xfi, it's not good enough. for wifi with super powers, get xfinity xfi.
9:45 pm
and go see, fast & furious presents, hobbs & shaw. august 2. ♪ >> tucker: there will be a lot of democratic primary debates over the next couple of months. none of them will be on this channel since according to the dnc, not a single person at fox news can be counted on to ask her questions. the dnc announced that ban against us, cnn was there to cheer them on. fox is locked out, cnn is in the clear. hosting tunas of democratic debates, but will those debates be fair? cnn president jeff zucker has unofficially supported democratic political candidates for years, but he's only officially endorsed one, california
9:46 pm
senator kamala harris. 2009, he personally campaigned on her behalf when she was running for california attorney general. he said of harris, and we are quoting, "not just important for the state of california, but for the entire country." sounds like that would create, at a minimum, a concern of bias at cnn. is jeff zucker recusing himself from the organization debates this week and all subsequent ones hosted by cnn? so far, he has not. don't expect them to do n that. something cnn demands of other people but is willing to dodge in its own case. imagine the head of a news channel endorsing a candidate. cnn says it's not an endorsement. but it was. mass shooter santino, william legan killed three people and wounded 15 others in a mass shooting last night at the gilroy garlic festival in the state of california. medially after the shooting, several top democratic presidentialrl candidates on the
9:47 pm
plus demanded immediate restrictions on the right to bear arms. if you must give up your guns because some lunatic it to lunatic 19-year-old in california committed murder with his. joe biden said america "must take action starting with bill reform." biden is speaking vaguely on purpose, but what he wants is not a secret at all. his solution to gun violence is to make everyone in america less free. again, you give up your rights because some lunatic can't himself. katie pavlich is an editor at townhall.com and she joins us tonight. so let's be honest, katie, about what they are saying. in years past, democrats would say i'm not for banning guns. i'm not for gun confiscation. they are not even saying that anymore, are they? they are pretty open about what they want. >> their open halfway. we've heard a lot on the campaign trail about how they want to reinstate the so-called assault weapons ban, which is really just a ban on semiautomatic rifles, but when you dig deeper into the numbers according to the fbi, you only
9:48 pm
ever say only about but we are looking at statistics because we have to talk about this in sober, managed ways because democrats want to just broadly paint everybody with the same brush. if you look at the numbers, there are more people killed every single year with hammers, fists, and feet, then there are with so-called "assault rifles," which arere semiautomatic rifle. so when you look at the numbers and what they are proposing, especially afteroo california, we've already done this before in the data from the clinton justice department actually shows that there was not an effect on crime due to the clinton era assault weapons ban. as you look at the number of crimes that are committed per year, murders, homicides, with firearms, the vast majority of them, 80% or more are committed with handguns. if they really want to solve the problem, they are going to have to be honest about the fact that they want a ban onn all handguns and all rifles, not just what they call the assault weapons ban. and one more thing, you look at california and the situation,
9:49 pm
kamala harris in particular should know better, what they're proposing, california already has all of it. you have an assault weapons ban. a ten round limit on magazines. it is illegal to bring a firearm it is illegal in california to a state where it might be legal. you can'tif do any of those this and yet you have these statements that they keep making on a broader public's to scale while not actually solving any kind of problems when it comes toin crime. >> tucker: i wasn't paying enough attention today, and i may have missed it, did any democratic candidate asked the obvious question, why would a 19-year-old do this? he said he was really angry. why are people doing this? is anybody asking root cause of this question? >> you're asking that question. i think that's part of the reason why they continue to give these typical predictable solutions to these issues when they tend to happen and come up. they don't want to address the bigger problems of why is it that we've seen more teenage or
9:50 pm
middle, lower 20 aged males in isolation or angry commit more of these acts. why is it that we are not talking about the culture that has led to more of this happening? why is it that we are not talking about the real numbers? you keep hearing the statement that there is a gun violence epidemic in the country but when you look ats the data and the facts, that's actually just not true. and again, you never want to narrowct people down, the victis of this, of course, into statistics, but because people like kamala harris and joe biden inpl beto o'rourke are blatantly generalizing gun owners as part of being the problem when they statistically are not, you have to follow the facts where they lead and the facts don't show that an assault weapons ban would work to reduce crime, and be they don't show that mass shootings are actually on the rise, especially in schools. criminologists at northeastern university, at the university of california have stated in their research that they are not on the rise, it just seems like they are because we've had this narrative now from democrats who don't want to look at the core
9:51 pm
issues why these things are happening. >> tucker: they definitely don't. katie pavlich, great to see you tonight, thank you for that. google -- it's not really a partisan issue, not really a threat to conservatives. it's a threat to anyone who values the free exchange of ideas, and that would include congresswoman, sued google for silencing her. we talk about that next. ♪
9:52 pm
9:53 pm
9:54 pm
... ...
9:55 pm
>> we have done a lot work on this program to expose the bias and corruption at google, the world's most powerful company by far, but google and its employees don't just have it out for conservatives. we want to make that clear. google is hostile to anyone who challenges the statious quo because generation of games seatbelt chief beneficiary of the status quo. kels tulsi gabard was the single most searched democratic
9:56 pm
candidate, google blocked her from being able to buy new ads. now, she's become the first presidential candidate, to sue google z.'s accused her of sensorring her message. congresswoman, thanks so much for coming on. tell us the point-suit. >> here's the bottom line. this is really about the unchecked power that these big tech monopolies have over our public discourse and how this is a real threat to our freedom of speech and to our fair election. so this really isn't about me. it's about taking action on behalf of the american people because we have got to understand here that if google can do this to me as a sitting member of congress, running for the highest office in the land and that means they can do this to any candidate running for any office, anywhere in this c frankly, to any person in this country and that's why it's so important that whether you're a progressive conservative, whether you consider yourself on the left or the right, we all
9:57 pm
have to stand united to protect our freedom of speech because today, it's me. tomorrow it could be you or someone else. >> yes. that's exactly right. god bless you, by the way, why are you the only candidate who's saying this. >> i can't explain that, tucker, but i do know how important it is that we protect our freedom in this country. it's something i think people take for granted, unless they are the once under attack. these freedoms are enshrined in our constitution. i love our country. i love our people. this is why i'm standing up and fighting for these freedoms, even when these freedoms allow those to people i disagree w. i have the freedom to do z. as a soldier, these are the principles i tanned up for. even though you and i may disagree on things, i'm willing to give my life for your freedom to do so. >> so you filed this lawsuit and
9:58 pm
god bless you for doing that. what should lawmakers in the congress do? >> washington needs to act. there is no question about t. we're talking about google, facebook, twitter, these are big tech monopolies that have this unchecked power to influence our public discourse, to influence what kind of information people are seeing. google is in control of 88% of all internet searches in the united states. i believe it's 92% of all internet searches in the world. so google is controlling. when you type into that google search box, what opposites up? the information that you see. so it's important that congress take action because right now, this is unchecked. they have got their secret algorithms at the same time can control the information that we see. they can control what pops up in our facebook feeds and they can sensor voice that is they disagree with. google has spoken openly about how they have shut out those who
9:59 pm
have not broken any of their terms of use. so this is really what's at take here. it's important that congress take action to provide this oversight and accountability and ultimately to, break up these big-tech monopolies. >> are you going to bring this up in the debates this week. >> i look forward to doing so. this is such an important issue, that is integral to every single one of our freedom that is we cherish and we all must stand up and protect. >> i spoke to a right-wing are today, who disagree with us virtually, on everything. and it is that important. >> well, this is america. this is what we're talking about here, this freed o. thank you much, tucker. >> that's right. amen. good to see you. we are out of time, amazingly, unforge, that's how fast it goes. enjoy every moment. we'll be back tomorrow at 8:00 the sworn enemy of smugness and
10:00 pm
group think, but we have good news for you, ladies and gentlemen. this show may be ending, but a new show is beginning. the 9:00 p.m. hour. hosted by the man who has been there many years. sean hannity watchity. >> we want to be humble and not pompous like the rest. tucker, great show. buckle up. welcome to tight. breaking just moments ago, the aclj judicial watch have equally, on their own, unearthed some of the most damning evidence, exposing a two-tiered justice system , with hilary clinton's attorneys. her lawyers, to dispose of evidence and refuse to comply with federal law. trust, he donald trump would never receive this kind of special treatment. we have a full report tonight. but first, we

69 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on