Skip to main content

tv   Hannity  FOX News  August 24, 2019 1:00am-2:00am PDT

1:00 am
hannity is next. ♪ >> welcome to the special edition of hannity. issues converting america. i'm dan bongino into night for sean. we start with some shocking news to me from the supreme court. after last three weeks, 86-year-old justice ruth bader ginsburg was treated for a malignant tumor on her pancreas. joining us out that more is the full post of fox news tonight also fox news chief legal correspondent, shannon bream's. >> and i we are learning more details about the health talent challenge for the supremes all this court justice. she announced that she has undergone radiation certain therapy in new york for the cancerous tumor and other than canceling a quick summer joe,
1:01 am
she has maintained an active schedule. they add that there is no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body, no further treatment is needed at this time. this marks the fourth time that justice ginsburg has faced cancer. she has previously dealt with can't pay credit cancer, and other instance with her: and late last year the discoveries of lung cancer after she fell in her office and broke three ribs for this latest discovery it was made because she does undergo recent blood test which says they are going to congeal along with periodic scans. every indication is that she is working the summer and all the justices do handling emergency petitions. there was one of execution last night where they are all gearing up for the fall term as well. arguments start up again october the term starts long before that. she has also been making public appearances. she did this just a few weeks ago at georgetown law institute where she talked about serving on the nation's highest court. >> no matter where we are on a
1:02 am
political spectrum, the one thing that each of us feels deeply as we want to lead that institution in as good a shape as we found it. we do not want to do anything to tarnish the court's reputation because it is a unique and the world. >> at numerous points in accra, there has been pressure from the left for ginsberg to retire during a democratic administration so they would never be at the mercy of a republican president for which he has resisted all those calls very publicly and implied it would be incredibly difficult for even a democratic president to get someone with her progressive background to confirm to this court in his day and age. she has been reliably progressive on issues from abortion to obamacare and it is obviously no secret that if her seat did open up during a republican in administration, any replacement would have a significant impact on the court's makeup potentially for
1:03 am
decades. jan? >> dan: inc./and appeared really appreciate appeared one of the biggest issues facing america is the deep skates rampant abuse of power and lead up to the 2016 election. yesterday the former ceo of overstock.com made some incredibly startling allegations about jim comey. even claiming that comey encouraged him to have a romantp with an alleged russian spy in the lead up to the 2016 election. take a look at what he told our own martha maccallum yesterday yesterday. >> a few weeks before the republican convention, about the time that trump became the nominee they came back and said boy, did we make a mistake. i want to be clear they said this. they said the united states never, ever asked this of somebody could never asked a citizen to conduct a romantic relationship in order to get information. this is such a national security emergency we need to ask you to
1:04 am
do this. you want to see a former director his pants? part of me, go stick a television camera on peter strzok or let's just say james comey and say the name patrick byrne. you will see a former director of the fbi -- his pants. fired fbi director jim comey's claim those claims ridiculous and while he can't currently prove these allegations against county and others, we do know that jim comey was were quarterly reprimanded for lacking candor by the inspector general. meanwhile, at his former hand man andy mccabe was actually fired by the fbi. get this, for lying. look at this. the so-called facts first network cnn just hired mccabe. clearly not something valued by fake news cnn peer joining is now his reaction is florida congressman matt gaetz on former u.s. attorney brett tolman. thanks guys for joining us. congressman, i will go to you first. while we are on the mccabe
1:05 am
thing, what better way to reestablish credibility at a network that's promoting this to book disgrace collusion holds for two years than to hire one of the key figures in it who is actually under investigation for a line? it's almost like a bad joke being played on america right now. >> well, if it's facts first for cnn's model, made it very well be indictments second because you got andrew mccabe who was probably the target of the criminal investigation and this is a troubling trend for cnn. they also hired andrew gillum and recent reporting suggest that andrew gillum is also a potential target of the fbi so i hope that in all these contributor contracts cnn got the rights to the lock up... ... oh it's because i cannot wait for the lockup cnn special that is likely to come with their recent hires. steel and maybe their ratings will be a little better. maybe they will get more than ten people and an airport out west watch and appeared there's a story patrick byrne told last
1:06 am
night to martha maccallum. i watched it live and it was really compelling. i can believe it. but having some experience from a source about this case, the story he tells is indicative of this entire spygate drama where it appears government officials are pushing people into the trunk or a bit to fabricate or gather evidence on a collusion fairy tale that essentially didn't exist. did you find your incredible? >> well, i know patrick byrne. i known him for that years and i spent 45 minutes on the phone with him today talking about it. it when he indicates that he has previously worked with the fbi and provided information, he's telling the truth. back in 2005 and 2006, i was chief counsel of the senate judiciary committee and he brought to us inside information about manipulation i was going on in wall street. it turned out that it was accurate and it was investigated
1:07 am
and it became part of a much larger investigation so my experience with hin is a very fascinating because while he's eccentric, he has been accurate historically with me and with others and let me tell you, jim comey doesn't have the moral high ground on credibility right now. >> exactly. congressman gaetz, you just now that. this is a quote from andrew mccabe, cummings deputy which i find tragically comical right now. when asked about patrick byrne who made some serious charges and agree with you by the way, i found them to be credible to. mccabe said that is not simply the sort of thing that the fbi does. well, let's go down the list of the sort of thing the fbi did under comey and again, i'm talking about the management on the ranking file and agents. comey they stamped unverified information. they claim they knew about russian sources when they interviewed russian sources or from what i am told her my sources in january they found out they were entirely not
1:08 am
credible, they were desperate to desperate to authenticate the dossier, using sources targeting a political campaign. i mean at the things they did were clearly in president and so that's not much of an excuse anymore but they don't. >> we also know that robert mueller wasn't going to defend this activity when we press robert mueller about the strategy that the u.s. government, the fbi seem to be using to try to take people like you joseph mid suit my colleague jim jordan asked about or run these people into the trunk orbit with the hoax that it would germinate in some scandal. that is precisely what the fbi was doing at this point in time and when we ask those questions to try to get to the origin of this corrupt investigation, you even saw mueller unwilling to stand by that work. that's why attorney general bill barr is doing important stuff right now because he will uncover the extent to which there is a corrupt motive that underpinned all of these various efforts. i don't know patrick byrne was telling the truth or not but he
1:09 am
only met up once every six weeks with this girl but i don't know about most most russians just put every person i've ever dated, if you don't text back in six hours, you better have an alibi and if you go six days, you better have hospital records that you were somewhere but if he only where he only had it show up with her every six weeks. pretty interesting. you and your experience as a lawyer. if leah lucchino's lawyers had asked for brady material here and material that there was a ci, confidential informant working against patrick byrne is -- design material have to be provided to it due to tina's lawyers question ? because there is some indication out that that the government was in exactly so forward with her lawyers. >> yes, it has to be turned over and think about what patrick is outlining. jim comey says no, it never happens this way but i've worked with the fbi, i worked on investigations and undercover
1:10 am
investigations and when a source comes to you and says hey, i have a relationship with so-and-so, that seems to be a source of information i could be valuable. does the fbi say hey, go back and divide us information and continue to develop that relationship? they do it all the time. >> we see the snow repeatedly. the evidence is overwhelming. whether it's joseph messina you bought it before, whether it's jeff and hopper, alexander downer, people either connected to the diplomatic or the intelligence interface here in our country or with foreign intelligence and it seems like each time they come up with a big doughnut nothing and now we see another source surfacing with the same story being asked as the alleged fire and law enforcement to approach people on this collusion thing. i mean, what are we going to get
1:11 am
to the bottom of this and searches state the obvious that this looks like it was apparently some kind of a set up? >> it was clearly a set up and that's what i think of the donner investigation will prove and i think it will result in criminal prosecution and i think that andrew mccabe will be one of the people that ultimately faces charges as a consequence but you see time and again, you have the folks leaving the date deep state so unwilling to accept the will of the voters that have donald trump your president that they were out trying to cede scandals. they were out trying to stir up and set up any possible circumstance where they could link them with the trump campaign even to something related to russia and time and again, that failed, now you see i think the american people demanding to know why we ended up in this circumstance in the first place and that's why we are going to support the attorney general's good work to put the people who started this corrupt investigation behind bars. >> dan: brad, i get this question a lot from listeners of
1:12 am
my show. do you see any liabilities for the players involved in this, they called him the three letter agency people. whether a view the cia at the upper levels are at the fbi, comey, mccabe, baker, struck, do see any legal liabilities or question my coming commence clear that there is some malfeasance going on but there's a difference between bad behavior and illegal behavior. you see any legal liability for them may be in weeks or some kind of criminal potential charges? >> yeah, i want to see something more than just an opr investigation paired i'm sure you do, too. if the ig horowitz for example releases his report and it has recommendations for a criminal investigation my understanding is that jerome right now who does have a grand jury subpoena ability is in communication with horwitz. they do have overlapped and if we are going to get to accountability, if you are going to hold someone like flynn or
1:13 am
others accountable for their statements to the fbi, do we not hold them -- the fbi at an even higher level of account ability? so i hope that they will treat it seriously, that they will look at criminal charges if they apply. >> dan: is a lot of frustration out there, you are obviously inside up on the hill. i know you've been vocal about this on the network and elsewhere speaking about it. a lot of people are starting -- and just piggybacking on what threats i eye, a lot of people are in the trunk orbit whose needs who went to jail. mike flynn was arrested for allegedly making false statements to the fbi who said there was no signs of inception. there was, not mine. what is going on here? do you feel that they are really scarcely going to get to the bottom of this and hold them to the same standards they hold the trump team to? >> i have high confidence that attorney general barr will succeed where attorney general jeff sessions failed. the reason that we have such delay justice is too full beard one, jeff sessions wasn't really
1:14 am
in charge of the justice department so you sort of had it the inmates running the asylum over there and second, paul ryan, speaker of the house, wouldn't support our efforts when we were the majority to get subpoenas and force the people like clapper and brennan and other folk from the obama white house to answer tough questions about their involvement in these circumstances so those forces together have delay justice but i think now we will get the justice we need because we have a series attorney general and look, i'm income only 1 of 2 things as possible. either patrick byrne is telling the truth or his line. if you sign the true, it's more evidence of criminal scandal and if he's lying, maybe he's got a future as a cnn contributor. >> dan: one last quick question for you here. there is a paper trail here. obviously you having worked for the government no there is a federal and investigator on the other side. there's a paper trail for everything. it you go get a paper clip coming up to signs on them. we have this file where mccabe, calmly, higher-ups at the doj clearly said the information they had gotten from
1:15 am
christopher steele was verified according to their own procedure. there is a paper trail there. cannot paper trail then be used against them? in some kind of proceeding in the future to show that they were being disingenuous in front of the court? >> yes beard and a paper trail is important. and camino, scraping a representative. that is just go he's what is frustrating to most of us and that is not being -- being blocked at every turn getting the information we need. how is it that the democrats right now who control the house are not just as concerned about the fisa abuse that occurred here and how are they not digging into this because it is there a constitutional obligation? >> that's right, absolutely. it's imperative that we do it. i do have a lot of confidence in the attorney general right now. he is a man of business and he is -- he's got this in the cross hairs and i think it's right that he does.
1:16 am
>> dan: eggs lock as per congressman, but, really appreciated her thanks for your time. coming up next, congresswoman's between one and all my family facing backlash from at least one prominent democrat. plus, we will have the very latest on escalating tensions with china. ♪ devices are like doorways
1:17 am
1:18 am
1:19 am
that could allow hackers into your home. and like all doors, they're safer when locked. that's why you need xfinity xfi. with the xfi gateway, devices connected to your homes wifi are protected. which helps keep people outside from accessing your passwords, credit cards and cameras. and people inside from accidentally visiting sites that aren't secure.
1:20 am
and if someone trys we'll let you know. xfi advanced security. if it's connected, it's protected. call, click, or visit a store today. >> dan: will come back to the special edition of "hannity." now, the big issue on the left is showing. no signs, no signs of slowing down. after congresswoman receded to leave and ilhan omar shared a cartoon from an artist for the history of heading spreading anti-semitism prompting loud silence from the party that claims to be against hate. now, while jerry nadler tweeted condemnation of the cartoon, he couldn't help but also attacked
1:21 am
president trump. accusing and the feeling anti-semitism. of course, reckless rhetoric from the new extreme left, nothing new. just look at congresswoman alexandria ocasio-cortez who is now taking aim at the electoral college. claiming it's all a big scam. take a look at this. speak all right everyone, it's been a minute. we are coming to you live from the electoral college. it many votes here as you can see. it very efficient to leadership of the country. i mean, i can think of any other way, can you? >> dan: that's unbelievable here now in fact, the whole electoral college is to ensure fairness in the political process beard to ensure that everyone has a fair voice regardless of whether they live in a big city or out in the country. in joining me now for reaction, author of the book still winning, "washington times"
1:22 am
opinion editor and fox news contributor, charlie hurt. along with relatable podcast host, allie and "washington examiner" sr. campaign reporter kerry picket. charlie, i will go to you first. what i find comical about that aoc little home-video she did there is she is a member of the house of representatives which is the branch of the congress allocated by population. she seems to have missed that whole entire thing like the whole federalism, electoral college, regional representation thing, right over her head. right over her head completely. >> yeah, and of course the reason that such a problem for us is the fact that the house of representatives is of course the closest representatives and representation to the people. so for her to be ignorant on this is pretty disturbing but i say to her, welcome to the discussion 200 years late and of course, if she went back to a civics class like in elementary school and learned about this,
1:23 am
she would learn that the whole point of this debate and the wisdom of our founders was to create a system that gave states enough power to balance out, to be a counterweight to the federal government and when you look around at our country today and you look at all the problems with our government, the problems aren't in state governments usually. the problems are with the federal government and if anything, what we need more of is more power given to those governments to act as a counterweight to the federal government but all of that goes over her head apparently. >> dan: she seems to have missed the civics class with horizontal and vertical checks on power and how within voting for the president we didn't base it on the popular vote, we didn't elect some regional interest. there are farmers in wisconsin and as i said last night, such as farmers in florida who don't want to be voted out on a strict
1:24 am
population direct democracy votes and she seems to have missed that entirely and yet she was one of the more prominent members of u.s. congress now and one of the biggest twitter followers. >> she seemed to miss a lot of classes apparently. civics, economics, you could go on. but you're right there whatever love is how transparent they are. they talked about abolishing the electoral college, getting rid of the senate because that's not fair, maybe even making the case of getting rid of the supreme court and we know what the theme is in all of that. republicans controlled the senate right now in the electoral college got elected donald trump and the supreme court has conservative justices on it so we know exactly what their motive is. it's not because it's racist. that's actually the narrative that she was pushing on her instagram story where she had millions of followers as well but it is actually a racist scam but we know what's really behind now. it's because they want control paid she is perfectly fine with people in l.a. and san francisco and new york city ruling over the rest of the country because they have the same ideology that
1:25 am
she does and of course, aoc knows that. >> dan: what i find mildly amusing about this, almost in kind of a tragic way, this is really not good for a democratic party that is having a tough time right now attracting working-class americans. they are really becoming a party of the elites democrats. i mean, you see you in san francisco. it's a totally bifurcated city right now and yet she goes on in the video pointing out what may be -- it could be any push of america that's not densely populated with like the bronx and queens and she just sits there and takes a shot at it as if we are not important enough or we aren't big-time citydwellers like her. what kind of silly political strategy is this? >> obsolete. think about this. you have joe biden as well as a number of other primary democrats who are trying to pick up a number of voters all over the country and here you has aoc who is in her car saying the electoral college, it is just not that fair.
1:26 am
i mean, come on. we hear on these coastal states that we should be getting better representation. keep in mind, this is sort of the cry of an individual who lost the last election and you know, this isn't really unusual. this has been going on believe it or not since 18 oh four. nearly every single congress has tried to reform the electoral college since 1804. so this is how a loser cries essentially. >> dan: if someone like biden who is at least pretending to be a moderate wins the nomination after that nomination process is overcome you know he's going to track back to the middle because there's just no votes to win nationally for a 90% tax rate and health care for illegal immigrants. what does biden do with aoc and the squad? i mean, how does he handle that? does he distance himself? and if he does, how does he then get that leftist space that's all excited about them to show up at the polls?
1:27 am
>> i think you put your finger on something that i think is the most important strategy today and that is that coming, it's obvious that democrats like aoc are doing a lot to damage the party in the eyes of sort of a general election electorate but my goodness, i think they are destroying their own democratic base because there are a lot of rankings while regular democrat voters out there and these are the people that you see registered in the polls favoring joe biden who don't support donald trump and they can give you legitimate reasons for not liking him. hence, they have nothing to do with russia or racism. they have to do with other policy positions and they are completely not represented by any of these loons and the democratic party who are racing toward the left who give free of cows and to illegal aliens and bill de blasio wants to give
1:28 am
new york city housing to illegal aliens. there is a lot of ranking democrats who look at that and say this is not for me and i think donald trump picks up a lot of those people become general election but before that in the democratic primary, i think it hurts the party. >> dan: what i found puzzling about this is usually the democrats are a little bit smarter at hiding who they really are here. they tried this before in elections. but we try to mondale, dukakis, this has been tried before and they promptly got annihilated in these national elections. it's not like there is not a body of evidence out there saying hey, listen, it's kind of a center is country fair this stuff might be a bad idea and yet they are walking right off the cliff again. >> no, they're playing to a very sector minority of americans who want a subsection of millennials who think that all this stuff is elitist and the greatest. and i think they're appealing to
1:29 am
them. unfortunately for them millennials don't necessarily turn out as much as they want them to but there are actually a few democrats in the democratic debate is exactly what you did that hey, look, we are not going to win on this platform. donald trump is going to win and i think they are right but sadly for them, they are not listening to those voices. do a quick exit question be or do you think nancy pelosi as this election gets closer and the penalty start to become very real for missteps, brings aoc in the squad an end says listen, you need to chances out a little bit, we have an auction to encourage among >> she tried that already and you know, frankly, i think that no matter what pelosi says to them, aoc and the squad are going to do what they want to do and she's already told her own caucus, guys, no impeachment, not right now. so i have a feeling that's going to be a very tough thing for her to do. >> dan: i think you are right. i think they are completely going to endure. thanks a lot. i appreciate it. president trump is ramping up pressure on china.
1:30 am
we will have a full report coming out and democratic party in the middle of chaos after a big disagreement surrounding the so-called climate crisis. we will explain, right after the break in this special edition of "hannity"
1:31 am
these folks, they don't have time to go to the post office they have businesses to grow customers to care for lives to get home to they use stamps.com print discounted postage for any letter any package any time right from your computer
1:32 am
all the amazing services of the post office only cheaper get our special tv offer a 4-week trial plus postage and a digital scale go to stamps.com/tv and never go to the post office again!
1:33 am
1:34 am
>> dan: welcome back to this special edition of "hannity." this week president trump continues to challenge china's unfair trading practices. today, tensions were at a boiling point. joining is now at the very latest is our own trace gallagher. trees, would you have for us? >> the president is clearly undermine that short-term pain leads to long-term game. the president says the gains won't happen unless china is called out. our country has lost stupidly
1:35 am
trillions of dollars with china over the years. they have stolen our intellectual property a rate of hundreds of billions of dollars a year and they have wanted to continue good i will let that happen. today beijing said it would impose tariffs up to five and 10% on $75 billion in u.s. goods and when the markets closed, president trump fired right back raising the rates on existing and planned sheriffs of chinese goods by 5%. the president also directed u.s. companies to find alternatives to doing business with china. and jerome powell was once again in the presidential cross hairs after he stopped short of committing to further interest rates cuts but mr. powell also gave the president a boost by saying the u.s. economy is doing quite well. dan? >> dan: x a lot. as the democratic 2020 presidential candidates continue running for the nomination, the party is in chaos. the dnc's annual summer meeting got off to a bit of a rough
1:36 am
start yesterday when dozens of climate change activists packed into a meeting with top dnc members to demand the party hold a primary debates focused on the climate. the dnc committee voted down the request. earlier tonight, the gems from owner joe biden made it this bizarre comment while trying toe political assassinations that occurred in 1968. >> my two political heroes were martin luther king and bobby kennedy. my senior semester they were both shot and killed. imagine what what happened if god forbid barack obama had been assassinated after becoming the de facto nominee. what would've happened in america? things changed. >> dan: oh, my gosh, never ends with a skype you're joining us down with direction, former obama economic advisor, austan goolsbee and american conservative union jack, matt schaub. i will go to you first. he is clearly the front runner based on the polls on my opinion i'm just looking at the data but
1:37 am
yet he just can't seem to get out of his own way paired you've been in politics a long time. me having worked in the secret service, you just can't -- that's like the word you just don't say. you just don't do it. he doesn't seem to know that. >> you know, some people say joe biden has lost his fastball. i think he's lost his screwball. he just -- he's -- let's all talk honestly here. he might've had this very long and distinguished political career but he's not up for the job of being the president of the united states. he can't get through pretty much any speech without a major mistake here the reason why he slipped up in this most recent speech is because he says political heroes were martin luther king and bobby kennedy but he realizes the men he needs the most when his nomination is barack obama so off script he pulls barack obama awkwardly back into a conversation about assassination. it's just not working dan. 31 oh, it's bizarre. there are red lines and things
1:38 am
you just don't say. often, i will go to you. we had played some footage earlier that of alexandria ocasio-cortez and you saw the activists at the climate change democratic meeting there. with this far left lurch of the democratic party and all of these grand spending plans, we are $20 trillion in debt. i mean, is this really where they want to go with these green new deals for $60,000 for household? massive tax hikes? two deficits even matter anymor anymore? >> dan, first of all, donald trump is running up by far the largest deficit we have ever had. >> dan: i did not say donald trump. >> we don't know. stuart no, i didn't mention the president. i am not a supporter of that. george bush ran deficits, barack obama ran historic deficits. i'm asking you a question. you are an economist. i'm asking you a question.
1:39 am
if the democrats are going to run on spending even more money, do they believe deficits don't matter anymore? >> a, that's not what they are running on. 19 people wanting to have a debate about climate change only and it was voted down with the dnc meeting. so there is no sense in which the promise of your question is even accurate. the democratic party is not lurching far to the left. they voted down the very thing that you are describing. it's due on what planet are you living on? bizarre superman line? we have presidential candidates, credible one, raise their hand supporting health care for illegals, medicare for all, you bernie sanders supporting free education, i mean, did you miss all of this stuff? >> there were 24 candidates and you can choose bernie sanders one proposal that three people raise their hands. the fact is, vice president
1:40 am
biden continues to be the leader, the dnc continues to put forward a program which in the polls has far more support than the president has. at his popularity is as low as any president in modern polling history. >> dan: this is not true. >> president trump's poll numbers, and if you look at the real clear politics average, mimics where barack obama and bill clinton were at the same points in their presidencies and to the fact is, the president's numbers are probably higher than most polls show because as we all know, he is kind of a near universal negative media coverage by most outlets and as far as going to the left, this is important in austin. first of all, barack obama did doubled the debt in this country and he got us on this terrible spending binge and the democrats are running for this nomination. they want to up the ante. i give bernie sanders credit. he's the only democratic nominee
1:41 am
to start talking about how expensive this fantasy end of this alarmism of climate change would actually cost. he talks about d carbonized in our society which by the way, it is impossible and will cost a lot more than 16 trillion but give the guy credit. at least he is willing to say hey, this is going to cost all of the money we have stored up in the bank to try to solve a problem that really we can't solve. >> dan: you know, you talk to my question about the deficits. i'm a little disappointed. usually answer. as for going to commute and let me answer. the democrats are proposing to spend us into an abyss. i agree with you. does government spend money better than citizens a question mark and please explain to me how they are so, so smart they figured it out. >> you just asked me three more questions. you want me to answer the first question are this new one russian mark so the first one, if the deficits are caused by a, then you've got to get out of the recession. that is what happened in the
1:42 am
2008. and then the deficits do not matter as much. if you are in peacetime and not recession, the deficits do matter and you don't go about reducing the deficit by proposing to cut social security and medicare when you simultaneously cut taxes for people. >> dan: you're wrong on both fronts. number one, but were barack obama's recovery from recession was the worst in modern american history and secondly those programs are actually cutting right now. democrats obviously think they're okay. >> over $1 trillion because of the recession bridges go look at the congressional funding. >> dan: if i spent a hundred thousand dollars on my credit card in the next year, only spend 50, yes, i cut my deficit into peer that's what obama did. >> no, there is action because the deficit.
1:43 am
>> dan: the reason why the obama airport recovery was not a real recovery is because they ud government spending to try to get out of the recession. what donald trump has done differently is that he's pulled back on all of this ridiculous obama regulation which made it uncompetitive with the globe that had millions of marriage any fracturing jobs, he cut taxes, he appointed judges who don't agree and it's working. and it's working. >> donald trump tanks of the stock market. >> dan: not true. it's at 40%. it's up 40%. i got to run but -- higher than obama. you know that. come on. okay, got to go guys there then so i figured if he paired up next, we will call out the rampant hypocrisy among some of the filthy rich socialists running to be tax collector in
1:44 am
chief. that and more as ilhan omar "hannity" continues after the
1:45 am
1:46 am
tv just keeps getting better. how you watch it does too. this is xfinity x1. featuring the emmy award-winning voice remote. streaming services without changing passwords and input. live sports - with real-time stats and scores. access to the most 4k content. and your movies and shows to go. the best tv experience is the best tv value. xfinity x1. simple. easy. awesome. xfinity. the future of awesome.
1:47 am
1:48 am
>> dan: welcome back to the "hannity" special. issues confronting a a man because he is 2020 democrats are continuing to ramp up their calls to tax the rich. part of their plan if coaches spread the wealth around. but what about the wrong wealth? several democratic candidates are multimillionaires, themselves. for example, elizabeth warren. she is worth an estimated $12 million. owns a 3 million dollar victorian home and cambridge, massachusetts, and joe biden hae around $15 million since he left office. isn't that nice. and don't forget what route barack obama had to say about wealth. take a look.
1:49 am
>> we are not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge it a success that's barely earned. i mean, i do think it a certain point you've made enough money. i'm actually surprised by how much money i have and let me tell you something, i don't have half as much as most of these folks. it is only so much you can each. there is only so big a house you can have. >> dan: but now, according to reports, they obama's are buying multimillion dollar estates off the coast of martha's vineyard with seven bedrooms and eight and a half bathrooms. that's right. here for reaction to all of this hypocrisy, arizona congressman andy biggs and fox news contributor doug schilling gray congressman, i will go to you first. i find this particularly infuriating about the left. i'm proud to be a conservative because what we believe and for us we believe in for everybody else. we believe in economic liberty,
1:50 am
and educational liberty, school choice, health care liberty, health care freedom, the right to defend yourself, but not just for us. for other people and we live by the code. yet the left swears they believe in 90% tax rates and all the so they share the wealth. and yet, they don't live by that i got it all. it's embarrassing. >> yeah, it's blatant hypocrisy in everyone but the cultural or more relevant schism of the progressive left and that is to say they believe in intolerance. it we are going to tolerate everything unless you agree with us and always on, you are not part of us anymore and so you deserve to be castigated and outcast. it's platonic elitism. they believe that some people deserve more and are better than others and thus to them it's not hypocrisy so when you hear biden has made $15 since he left office, my first 30 slot as you know, this is a guy that hasn't ever done anything in the private sector but somehow he's a multimillionaire coming out of it and he's going to be critical
1:51 am
of people who are wealthy and have earned that wealth. barack obama and his wife now worth about $140 million. buying a $15 million mansion. it you know, i don't begrudge people making money but you know what, let's not be hypocritical about it and let's not be negative about people earning money and making it in an anonymous fashion and if they are successful, more power to them. at the american way and the american dream. >> dan: obviously i'm not a democrat. you've been around democratic politics for a long time. educate me for a minute. i mean this. i'm not being silly. i never got this. if the democrats platform is giving additional money to the government, 40 or 50% tax rates, then why don't groups of democrats in congress and former presidents like obama and biden get together and show us their tax returns where they make voluntary donations to the government? they are supposedly improving society by giving government
1:52 am
bureaucrats. what am i missing here? >> well, i can't speak for them, i can only speak for myself as a modern clinton democrat who worked to balance the budget, reduce the debt and deficit, i believe that we also lowered the capital gains taxes and as a moderate democrat, i believe you can be committed to social compassion social safety net and be physically prudent and have lower tax rates. i can't speak for the obama's or the warrants but i can say i'm probably a capitalist and probably a democrat and believe there is room for both in this country with a moderate to conservative republican party. >> i know but you are a man out and i went on personally with these. it is sadly celebrated >> well, a lot of people like warren are
1:53 am
anticapitalists vied to have worked for corporations and amassed millions for that doesn't make sense to me. stealing congressman, a final word from you on this. you know, if you want to go back and train for the levels of spending, and doug's not lying, levels of spending as a percentage of gdp in conjunction by the will with a republican congress and let's give credit all around were was due. i would make that trade any day of the week but the democratic party has gone so far off the deep end, bill clinton would be like a conservative republican now running for office in his party today. >> yeah, they are totally radicalized. i think you're right. doug's right, too. president clinton was a master at triangulation and they managed to work together with the republicans who control the legislative branch and they didn't have the out-of-control spending that we saw in the obama administration and so far quite frankly in this one. but you know it, the bottom line is, what we are seeing is a group of people who say, you know what, we are going to go
1:54 am
after the rich but we are going to be rich. we are going to take from corporations but corporations are evil. we are going to protect ourselves with bodyguards but tell you that you can't have guns. we are going to tell our kids to private schools and we are going to say you can't have parental choice because you are not somehow the same elite that we are. that's the discrepancy and that's the radicalization of the democratic parties today. >> dan: congressman and doug, then clap your great commentary. you guys are right. they look like total fraudster directly ahead, disturbing updates in the
1:55 am
1:56 am
1:57 am
1:58 am
dope welcome back to this hannity special, issues confronting america. in the latest twist of the jeffrey epstein case, they announced officials in france opened an investigation to the scandal surrounding epstein. trace gallagher has the latest. >> hey, dan, after talking to
1:59 am
u.s. authorities, where epstein owned property opened preliminary investigation including ashen of rape, minor, and conspiracy. they were either witnesses or victims of violence. a french model scout said provided young girls to the financier is not believed to be part of the french probe. meanwhile the president of the massachusetts institute of technology or mit said the university received $800,000 in donations of jeffrey epstein. it went to media lab, a elite research center and much of the money was accepted after epstein pled guilty to soliciting a minor for sex and after he was labeled a sex offender. the mit president has apologized for, quote, a mistake in judgment saying it led to shame and distress and that the
2:00 am
university will try to make amends, dan? >> dan: thanks a lot. that's all the time we have. as always, thanks a lot. enjoyed tonight's show, down 20. think about that. show, down 20. "the five" starts right now. ♪ >> jesse: hello, everybody. i am jesse watters, along with katie pavlov, juan williams, brian kilmeade. here from new york city, and this is "the five" ." we are kicking things off with our 2020 round up, first up, it has been a rough couple of weeks for joe biden. after a series of embarrassing embarrassing gaffes, looks like he has another problem, overconfidence. to take a look. >> i always have done very well in states like pennsylvania and michigan. and i think that i have as good a chance or betten

17 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on