Skip to main content

tv   The Ingraham Angle  FOX News  September 26, 2019 11:00pm-12:00am PDT

11:00 pm
a spectacular level, advancing their rage trump psychosis. we will never be that and we will have the details, more tomorrow coming, i promise. let not your heart be troubled why? because the news continues back to the other swamp where we just were. laura ingraham. >> laura: no. i'm in chicago.re i'm in a different part of the country.they would sob m. >> sean: d.c., illinois california. >> laura: no.we are still in fl. they have their issues which we are going to talk about tomorrow but tonight impeachment mania. >> sean: can we keep chicago safe? >> laura: yeah, i think we can keep it safe. safer.there are people on the gd doing that. >> sean: can you believe this has backfired the way it has? >> laura: people are coming up to me in the airport today saying, tell me this isn't happening.e this one guy who i met years agt
11:01 pm
guy. he said, i'm not even a big fan of trump. i voted for him but i'm not wild about him, but this is going to kill the market. this is going to kill our business. this has got o to stop. tell me it's going to stop, and i said, well, talk to yourt democrat senators in new york. talk to them about their colleagues in the house. >> sean: there was market watch today and they had a story about democrats saying you give us warren, webe are going to be the biggest trump supporter's because they are business people.since aster. hannity, great show. >> have fun in chicago. i love the people in chicago. i just want the city safe again. >> laura: all right. we will get there. hannity, thanks so much. i'm laura ingraham.in this is "the ingraham angle" from chicago, and he is back. president trump's personal attorney, rudy giuliani. oh, boy. he is here tonight for an extended interview you do not, wantt to miss, and he promises o set the record straight about his involvement in the ukraine
11:02 pm
and he will respond to some of the criticisms leveled by some of the current democrats at today's hearing. plus, he spent decades working ntin various intel circles.he sa fascinating story, he says that this whistle-blower complaint reeks of coordination. he and dan bongino explain who might actually be behind it and kim strassel, wow, a she exposes the media devout face on the biden family troubles in the ukraine and she's been all over that for "the wall street journal." but, first, impeaching, the punishment party. that's the focus of tonight's angle. it seems like just yesterday doesn't it? >> to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of trump's supporters into what i call the basket of deplorables. >> laura: i love that.
11:03 pm
it lives on. but could trump supporter's when i heard that from hillary it was ten times worse than when mitt romney talked about the 47% because she was saying out loud with the democrats had felt for many years. a that, basically, they had nothing but utter disdain for conservatives. their pace, cultural and political, we're all stupid rednecks stuff. it's all like they were just waiting for all of those flyover people to die off so the progressives could get along with implementing their utopia. now, remember when obama came up with this gem in 2010? >> we are going to punish our enemies and we're going to reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us. >> laura: enemies. well, this wasn't the language was it that many expected from
11:04 pm
the man whose lofty change rhetoric helped propel him to the presidency. there was a lot of hope there. but, beneath obama's cool exterior, there was anger, too. anger that developed when obamacare and daca and bailouts and the paris accord turned out to be deeply unpopular with millions and millions of americans. and then with the election of trump, the anger simmering beneath the surface bubbled over and became the driver of almost everything that the democrats did and said. >> i have ad very low regard for people who know he's doing wrong but still enable him. they will go down in history as despicable actors who have enabled one of the presidents who is doing some of the worst things to that office and the entire history of our country. >> laura: well, we went from deplorables with hillary to
11:05 pm
despicable's with cory. trump jr. tweeted out today what's next, disposables? well, the victory all started remember, this time around, with the mueller investigation. that the entire cooking fiasco was born out of anin almost inse desire to punish trump for winning, and then, believe it or not, to punish you, the american people,we for electing a man who vowed to drain the swamp. leftist anger and fury alsodrif fight. christine blase ford with the letter to the "washington post" after being sent to a democrat senator's office. the purpose? to force an ugly judiciary committee circus and then punish trump for nominating someone who could vote may be to overturn roe.as
11:06 pm
>> the elves came him in weeks ago and nothing was done with it bye the ranking member. the net was sprung on me. >> i have heard your lies and overt statement over and over gagain. look what you are doing. i ask that you not interrupt me. >> are we going to rush to put someone on the supreme court with this clouding over him? i cannot stomach that we are going to move forward. >> laura: a few weeks ago, the disgraceful "new york times" tried to resurrect that trauma with more allegations against kavanaugh, this time without even a victim. they keep punishing him even a year after he was confirmed. well, the punishment party became so unhinged by trump's very existence that they even decided to take it out on his staff. on a daily basis, they brutally vilified his top aides throwing around casual charges of racism and white supremacy and encouraging activists to hound them in public. >> you see anybody from that
11:07 pm
cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, youwr take wrath on tht welcome. >> laura: well, sarah sanders, christian elston, ted cruz, they were all treated to the equivalent ofed verbal stoning. their punishment was a warning to others who even thought about joining the administration. meanwhile, well, 150 trump appointed judges have been confirmed and our economy under his policies is the strongest by far. no comparison. icthe whole world. he's taken on the chinese and has made huge strides in trade. if obama had done this stuff,the band. remember, obama said it couldn't be done but trump did it and mueller came up with goose eggs. in recession? thatooes seems unlikely. again, all of this infuriates the democrats. the happier youu are, the more infuriated they are.
11:08 pm
and now this fury and anger has brought us all to the brink of impeachment. the democrat impulse, again to punish their enemies, has only gotten stronger over time. it's metastasizing like a cancer. fhe cells are replicating out of control until the patient goes into organ failure. they are the punishment party, not a governing party. >> they don't want to talk about infrastructure. they don't want to talk about lowering drug prices. they don't want to talk about anything because they p are fixated on this and nancy pelosi has been hijacked by the radical left and everybody knows it. we can't talk about anything because frankly, they are so tied up, they are so screwed up nothing gets done. except for when i do it.
11:09 pm
>> laura: yet the ones who really need to be punished here are the democrats and their enablers in the press and the deep state. those are the ones who need to be punished because washington has got to learn once and for erl they work for us, not the other way around. we are not going to let them take our jobs, all the wage increases people have seen, our stronger investments, or any of the other benefits we now enjoy because of this economy. they tried to convince all of us that america could never get better, but they were wrong andw we cannot and we will not go back to the way things were before and that's the angle. and the punishment party is using what was supposed to be an explosive whistle-blower complaint that turned out to be anything but. joining me with reaction sol wisenberg.hi former whitewater deputy and defending counsel, john eastmanr
11:10 pm
and senior fellow at the claremont institute, alan dershowitz, and author of the book, "the case against impeaching trump." alan, let me start with you. after watching today's hearing, did democrats do anything to strengthen their case for impeachment? >> no, not at t all. i think they weaken their case for impeachment every time they speak because they make it clear that they don't understand the impeachment provisions of the constitution. they also don't understand article two of the constitution. bigtu picture. article two ofd the constitution says the executive authority of the united states shall vest in a president. 535 members of congress, that'sa the legislative authority. nine members of the supreme court, that's judicial authority, but one president decides what's classified. the president decides who to speak to about foreign policy. the president decides what to
11:11 pm
ask the ukraine to do, only subject to not committing treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors. unless those criteria can be met, there's only one way to get rid of a president you disapprove of. vote against him. the democrats are doing that. what they are doing is gritting what they areit doing is frittering it away and moving toward impeachment which will never occur. itit certainly won't result in removal of the president. >> laura: the reelection is right around the corner. it's coming out. the freight train is coming on the track where they don't away for that. c c gentlemen, there were also, there wass a section from the complaint pointing to the records of the calls with foreign leaders being put on lockdown and a classified server and this detail was the nixon moment for our media brethren. watch. >> why did they go to such lengths to hide the transcript? >> every scandal needs its cover
11:12 pm
up, and i think this is part of the cover-up. >> in our hands, this document detailing not just a phone call but a possible attempts to cover up the confidence. >> nancy pelosi said it is clear what this sounds like to her. >> this is a cover-up. this is a cover-up. >> laura: cover-up, cover-up, cover-up.sest l, let's go to yo, let's go to you first. what is this because politico is reporting tonight at the white houseer started this after other leaks that happened early on, i think in the first couple months of the admin is rich witn leaders. assuming that's the case, does the white house have a pretty valid reason to deal with these records in the way that they did? >> well, i think it's important that the white house started doing this before thisis particular event. but, laura, it really doesn't matter here because the whistle-blower complaint came out, the transcript came out very soon.
11:13 pm
this is kind of like the nonsense about barr's alleged mischaracterization of the mueller report. it all comes out within a matter of days anyway. i think it's an loser. it you want to know what a cover-up is? it's president nixon ordering john dean ton pay hush money to the watergate burglars. that's a cover-up. whether or not you think it's impeachable, a cover-up ispresig betty curry to retrieve gifts from monica lewinsky and then she hides them under her bed. that a cover-up. >> laura: you are taking us back toea impeachment of yore. when you say betty curry and we're all getting all back to that. johnny, you are a law officer. you've been watching this entire thing unfold. this has gotten into cover-up mode. they are releasing all the documents. i mean, i think they are
11:14 pm
releasing too many documents, frankly, but they are releasing documents, former leaders are complaining, i understand, but an impeachable offense behind a shadow of a doubt. we have heard that length from democrats all day long. >> that's what i want to pick up on, that last piece. the foreign leaders to be upset about this and the president to be upset about this. as professor dershowitz pointed out, the executive power is vested inow the president. he is our sole organ on foreign affairs, and what the democrats are doing here in playing petty politics is threatening our ability to engage in communications with foreign leaders and conduct foreign affairs. no foreign leader in their right mind right would have a candid conversation with the presidentt expecting to see it in the front pages of "the new york times" the next day. this is unbelievably damaging to our ability to do what we need to do on the international stage and the fact of the democrats are doing that to make, score cheap political points demonstrates how deep into the
11:15 pm
hatred of this president they are. >> it doesn't even require talk to foreign leaders. the president has l on occasion asked me for my advice on israel, on netanyahu, he's asked me my advice on who to appoint and who not to a point in the supreme court. i don't want the media to get that information. i don't want them to know which judges i said didn't think would make good supreme court justices. i didn't want them to have the information about who in the israeli government i might've said negative things about. the presidentth under article to has the absolute right to advice to seek advice from anyone that has to be held confidential. >> laura:: all of those rules ae thrown out the window though because they believe they have the president on the ropes here. watching the commentary today and that's why say, it's got to be motivated by uncontrolled
11:16 pm
anger and upsetment that trump keeps plugging along while they are hoping he gets knocked off by mueller or a session and none of that happens and they are completely consumed by their own anger. but what you listen to them today, it is, all of that is irrelevant. they don't care if it's bad for the country. they don't care if the people for the most part don't want this. they seem to feel like it's their moral right to unseat a president for what they feel is a pattern and practice of corrupt acts and if that means they have to get another call saul and other transcripts, they are going to gripe about that too.o. i promise you they are going to ask for their calls and transcripts. they are going to do it. >> it never stops. i told you last night in the night before, i think the call itself showed poor judgment that wasd not close to being impeachable, but the democrats continue to overplay their hand, to cry wolf, and instead of just saying thisju was a bad thing ad talking about it, everything is impeachable.as keep in mind that impeachment is there is an emergency mechanism
11:17 pm
if the country can't wait until the next election. e they find out that the president has done a serious abuse of public trust. as you pointed out, the election is around the corner. by the time the process is over, it will be an election season. we are already in election season. so it's really an abuse. whatever you think about what the president did, it's really an abuse of what the framers had in mind of what impeachment was all about.into are. >> you're absolutely right. absolutely right. >> i want to go back to john on this. frjohn, again come going back to your constitutional law classroom, when you teach your students about the extraordinary step ofntnt impeachment and whyr framers put that into the constitution, why they worded it one way and not another way, what sundergird that ultimate language and text of the constitution? >> well, it's exactly as has been said. it's not any petty crime and
11:18 pm
there is no crime here at all. its high crimes and misdemeanors. it's an abuse of the public trust. so serious that it threatens the very existence of the government. that's why that is they are. it uses the language of treason and bribery and high crime and misdemeanors. that was well known. in fact, there was a discussion about whether maladministrationw whether to be included in that -- in impeachment and they rejected that because they thought it would remain petty politics and would launch impeachment any time we turnn around.. they knowhi full well there is nothing in this call that is even close to this and this is why adam schiff began his hearing with a blatant set of lies about what was said during that call.then he got ca. >> laura: let's play that. not everybody knows what john is talking about. i know our panel does but this was adam schiff, okay, claiming the president said something. it was a total lie, and then we will play his justification. watch.
11:19 pm
>> this is the essence of what the president communicates. i hear what you want, i have a favor, i want from you, though. i'm going to say this only seven times so you better listen good. i want you to make up dirt on my political opponent, understand, lots of it, i'm going to put you in touch withli people, not jusu in touch with the attorney general of the united states, the attorney general bill barr. he has the whole weight of the american law enforcement behind him. >> laura: he eventually fessed up when he was called out by a g.o.p. congressman. >> my summaryy of the presidents call was meant to be at least part in parody. my point is, that's the message that the ukraine president was receiving in not so many words. >> laura: actually, no. the ukraine president said that he was not pressured at all,
11:20 pm
this was normal conversation, he wasn't feeling pressured it at all.es this is the way trump talks. it's ridiculous and adam schiff was caught lyingdy and he dined. it's a parody. sorry but adam schiff is aboutte as funny as a toothache. >> we shouldn't be parodying the constitution. one of the reasons we had this impeachment provision because we didn't want the united states to become great britain. we rejected a parliamentary system. in that system, if the president acts abusively or corruptly or in a way that people don't like no vote of confidence and he'sr out of the office. we rejected a parliamentary system. in that system, if the president acts abusively or corruptly or in a way that people don't like no vote of confidence and he's out of the office. we rejected that appeared we wanted the president to serve for 40 years and less he committed a serious high crime and what the democrats are now trying to do is use that against them till next time they are in
11:21 pm
office. they would be using the same presidents that the democrats are using their that's why everybody has to pass the shoe on the other foot tests. if you wouldn't do it to your political friends, don't do it to your political enemies. >> laura: all right gentleman thank you very much. incredible panel. you always do great but tonight especially we needed you. the country needed you. coming up, sne mcred he has beeg all day for this. in moments, rudy giuliani sets the record straight about his own involvement in ukraine, who gave him the green light and he is going to respond to some of the vicious criticisms about his own competency. don't move.
11:22 pm
11:23 pm
by the strolle♪s [ growl ] good boy. hey. hey. you must be steven's phone. know who's on your network and control who shouldn't be with xfinity xfi. simple. easy. awesome.
11:24 pm
>> laura: rudy giuliani as the president's personal attorney and the man "the wall street journal" referred to as the center of the ukraine controversy. now this after the whistle-blower accused him of going rogue is saying the officials, including ambassador had spoken with him in an attempt to contain the damage to u.s. national security.na rudy g joins me now to respond. all right, rudy, i want to start with these texts that you sent my team which our audience now can see. >> i have 13 more. >> you only gave us two but i want to show them. let's show them. let's show them. they are dated before trump's call with ukrainian president and involve correspondence with
11:25 pm
the ambassador voelker who is the u.s. special rep too ukrain. now one is of significance to these and are you concerned that you are unnecessarily dragging his name into this? >> who? whose name?ee >> laura: voelker's name. >> he should step forward and explain what he did. the whistle-blower falsely alleges that i was operating on my own. well, i wasn't operating on my own. i went to meet mr. zelensky's aid at the request of the state department. 15 memos make that clear.ee i didn't know him. on july 19th, you see it right there. 2019 at 4:48 in the afternoon i got arn call from voelker and he said would you meet with him? it would be helpful to us we really want you to do it. four or five conversations
11:26 pm
later, i met with him and now with him in madrid and reported back to them and by the lengthy conversations, i spoke to the ambassador's son four times, i spoke to the volker eight times they basically knew everything i was doing so it was being done with the authorization end at the request and then i have a final one in which there is a big thank you about how my honest and straightforward discussion led to solving a problem in the relationship. i should actually get some kind of a award. well, they say -- >> laura: we're putting them on. we are putting it up on the screen. this is the one we have. we really enjoyed breakfast this morning as discussed -- all right, well, these are the ones you get. >> well, these are the ones i have.t tyou can't put them up oe screen if you send send them to me.
11:27 pm
>> the one i sent you is one at the end of all of this, they sent me one saying you're honest frank discussion helped to solve this and it's going to help settle the relationships between the two countries. i don't know why they haven't said that to the press to kind of explain this very false picture which iser being create. but there's another significance to that particular text. note the date, july 19th. in the statement that he made the complaint that he made, the whistle-blower asserts that the meeting that i had with zelenski's aid was a, i'm quoting, was a direct result, encoding, direct result of the conversation between president trump and zeleinski. that couldn't possibly be true because if you look at that july 19th memo, text, that's where we started setting it up. the meeting was set up three days before the telephone conversation. just to get even more careful about it, the ig has to be one of those sloppiestney guys aroud because zeleinski makes it clear on page four of the transcript that i already had talked to his aid when he tells the president that.lr
11:28 pm
so this guy doesn't know what happened. he gets the prosecutors confused, he falsely asserted -- i talked to two people, my records demonstrate i didn't talk to, one of whom i was specifically told not to talk to because he was described as a crook. this is still -- >> laura: i want to ask you this. so where did thek state department get its marching orders from here? because people i think are extremely confused. all of these wild allegations about you, you have a seriesre f texts that refute pretty much every single one of them and so the state department was then -- was then told to connect you with them how? how did that begin? >> there's a reason i'm in the middle of this and it emerges from the corruption of how they tried to hide this for years including trying to cover up biden for years.
11:29 pm
i got this because the fbi wouldn't take it. the ukrainians who came to me back in november of 2018 and then subsequently have told us to five other people who have testified to it, told me that we -- we have been trying to get to you for over t a year, year d a half. we have solid evidence of collusion. not russian, ukrainian. not with trump. with hillary and the dnc. we believe george soros is behind it because his company was involved in it. by theis way, when biden's son's case was dismissed, the other case a crooked prosecutor haddi. irrelevant to me because biden's corruption, his compromising the president of the ukraine led to the dismissal of the case against his organization. had that case gone on, we would've had the evidence to refute the mueller investigation
11:30 pm
on day one.this is the damage to this country. this is a gigantic scandal. >> laura: did you see biden i guess it was last night with jimmy kimmel where he was basically saying there's nothing to see here, no reputable organization. i mean, he blows it off like this. this is ridiculous. >> i have a visceral reaction to that man. he's been doing it since he was a senator. his son took over where his brother left off and -- >> laura: i want to move the conversation along because a lot of other stuff is out there. >> because he's a. >> that's obvious. they're just going to push away. they are not going to take it seriously. there's nothing here. the rudy, i have to ask you. i have to move this conversation along. i have to move this along, rudy. the republicans in the senate mitt romney, ben sasse, a few others, they say this is deeply
11:31 pm
troubling. this is deeply troubling what we have seen andin in this whistle-blower complaint through transcript. what do you make of these republicans? the president has a 94% approval rating or around there among republicans, yet the mainstream media is always looking for that crack. well, how wide will the division get in the republican party? what you said and that romney tonight given that he runs to the cameras to express his deeply troubled opinion about this? >> i don't know, maybe he's as confused about this as he wasdei when candy crowley contradicted him and his campaign fell apartd i mean, come on, he's not the strongest guy you're going to find anywhere. i wouldn't count on him.and he'd trump. every time, i don't know, it is like a child. i mean, look, mitt, trump did what you couldn't do.
11:32 pm
trump has an ability to relate to people.n you don't. that's always been true. at one time bill clinton asked me, what is this guy romney like? you know what i told him? he's our al gore. >> laura: rudy, hold that thought. stay right there. my producers are telling me that we need to squeeze in a break in a bit, but i want you to pick up right where you left off. we also have all the texts now so don't go anywhere. >> oh, yeah, yeah.
11:33 pm
11:34 pm
11:35 pm
>> laura: our free ranging conversation with rudy giuliani. welcome back. mayor kamala harris is demanding that the state department inspector general investigate you now and anyone working with you. watch. >> i'm actually calling on the ig and the state department to actually investigate and figure out who in the state department was in cahoots or was facilitating giuliani's interactions with ukrainian officials. who facilitated rudy giuliani to conduct himself as though he is in emissary for the united states.the new york bashn needs to investigate giuliani and probably disbar him. i think. >> rudy: rude really ought to stop talking and get a lawyer. >> laura: your response, mayor? >> well, here's kurt saying great, i will tell him and he will visit with you there. mr. man, how was your meeting with andre? you have timen, for a call?
11:36 pm
best, kurt. i mean, they are all over me asking me to do it. i was happy to do it. i helped my country get this relationship in good shape, and at the same time, look, i began this, i don't know if kamala harris understands the sixth amendment but it relates to being represented by counsel. i'm the president's lawyer. i know they don't think that donald trump is entitled to constitutional rights, but i was trying to make it clear that the charges against the president were completely false because what they charged as russian collusion was really ukrainian collusion. now why are they doing this? what they're really trying to do is to intimidate me and to discredit me because i'm doing such an effective job of showing what phonies they are, and i am uncovering what you will find to
11:37 pm
be an enormous pay for play scheme. not just one but several in the obama administration, andon it goes back to hillary and the clinton foundation. the 8 million from the oligarc. >> laura: why the state department? why not work with the doj and the fbi as we said before? why work with them? >> what did i say about the fbi? for a year and a half they were trying to get these -- but information to the fbi they weren't interested. they even hired a lawyer in america. they even gave it to several u.s. attorneys. when i first got this, i said to my colleague that this is a really sad day. i don't know who to trust here. i didn't reach out to the state department, by the way. you said why go to the state to department? well i did on my own because in fact this thing had been stunted for two and a half to three years.id i also knew from day one the minute i laid out the evidence from biden that they were going
11:38 pm
to kill me. i told my colleague that these guys are involved in this. the washington swamp people are going to come after me like crazy because they can't face it. everything we are talking about is almost irrelevant grade is kamala harris weren't a phony she would be saying i'm shocked that a vice president of the united states sold out his office for $8 million and we haven't gotten to china yette where he sold out his office again. ukraine and china, they believe they bossed the president of united states. how can you talk to you the ca you'rebout russia if being corrupted?by the lawyer. completely discredited. >> laura: as a lawyer though i think it's confusing. i just want to understand it it's confusing to people. were you acting as the president's personal representative interfacing with state?e? or were you working as kind of a pseudo-government emissaryry working to ferret out corruption in the ukraine?
11:39 pm
were they dual roles? i think that gets confusing. >> let me tell you the facts.thl them. they asked me if i would take a call from him and if i would meet with him and i did and i reported it back to them and the conversation was completely normal and there was no bribery and there was no extortion. nothing like what biden did. i didn't do that in the president didn't do that. so why are we talking about us and not biden? because the media in the city is corrupt. that's why. because there is not the same >> laura: that's obvious. >> i did this in the open. i did it with notes and with texts. >> laura: yeah, you were coming on my show in may talking aboute going to go to the ukraine. >> joe biden has been hiding this for years and they don't
11:40 pm
know. >> laura: state department -- is your relationship with pompe? are you guys good. because maggie said pompeo is unhappy with you.who nows everye "the new york times." is that true? i know both of you. i haven't heard about this except from maggie. >> i think they should congratulate him because if it weren't for me nobody wouldhaved unveil mass corruption by the vice president of the united states. in fact, i'm the legitimate whistle-blower that i have uncovered corruption that the swamp has been covering up effectively for years and here's the state department, you know asked me to do this. so mike, if you're unhappy with me, i'm sorry but i accomplish my mission. i even, you didn't put up the last one about how good my conversation was. >> laura: we will put that up on the screen. >> i have no idea if he is unhappy with me or not. frankly, i don't care.
11:41 pm
i'm the president's lawyer. the president is clear on this charge completely, and the reality is that joe biden did everything that the stupid fools accuse the president of doing, which he didn't do, and now they are doubling down on an whistle-blower complaint that is falling apart. he's not even a whistle-blower.he ir the law. the inspector general decided the hearsay witness was credible. how could he possibly decided that unless he had some kind of severe bias? you know the definition of hearsay. hearsay is inherently unreliable evidence. >> laura: the acting dni director said that as far as he could tell, the whistle-blower and the counselul representing e whistle-blower, did everything by the book and did it because they thought it was right so that's what mcguire said today on capitol hill.
11:42 pm
>> i think he missed the 16 areas in which the whistle-blower either give false statement and lied, which could easily have been investigated by the ig before he pronounced that he was credible but you begin with the fact that you cannot say i hearsay sources credible because it isn't about his credibility. it's about the underlying credibility of the people who were speaking to him which is why for a thousand years it hasn't been allowed into evidence. but maybe the ig isn;t a lawyer, but i don't know but he certainly didn't do anything to figure outt if this was credible or not otherwise he would've found out that it was totally mistaken that this meeting was the result of the telephone conversation. it was the result of a conversation a week earlier. he would've figured out that this guy mentions the wrong prosecutor but he's got the wrong prosecutor the president was talking about.it's got themt he doesn't know what happened. >> laura: the whistle-blower in this complaint said i was not a direct witness to most of the
11:43 pm
events described, but then he said, however, i found my colleague's accounts of these events to be credible and went on and then information consistent with these private accounts has been reported publicly. so the private friends have been echoed in the media and i didn't witness any of this, believe me. i find the whole thing to be -- it's preposterous. it's preposterous. >> let me give you another overview. >> laura: real quick, we've got to go. >> this whole complaintsas far e concerned is all about biden. there are 197 lines in this report appeared only four relate to biden. biden was an afterthought. the president was seeking an investigation about how in fact ironically, the democrats did exactly what they accused him of and paid for it in the ukrainene which will be proven, and then as an afterthought he mentionedt biden and the first person to
11:44 pm
name me was not president trump. it was zelinski who said i had a good conversation and basically -- >> laura: finally got the text here. rudy, thank you very much but we have a hard break. i think it cleared it up for a lot of people. i appreciate it. up next, more report about a whistle-blower complaint when we come back. a
11:45 pm
11:46 pm
>> i found the allegations deeply disturbing.
11:47 pm
it looks like it is very well written, and it certainly provides information for the committee to follow up with other people and documents. >> laura: those comments tells chair adam schiff today at raising eyebrows among experts. the question, did somebody help this whistle-blower right to write the complaint? joining me now is someone who edited transcripts of presidential phone calls of foreign leaders. fred fleitz is the former cia analyst and also dan bongino former secret service agent and author of the new book "exonerated." all right, fred, you say that you are troubled by this complaint. tell us why. >> it's great toto be here. this iss one of the most unusual whistle-blower complaints haveeh of them. not only was it perfectly
11:48 pm
written, but it was written with long legal citation suggesting that it was written by a team of attorneys and frankly for me this didn't add up but also this isn't even an intelligence matter. the presidents intelligence official, it didn't belong with this intelligence community inspector general or the intelligence committee what we know at the same time that adam schiff was making all of his identical complaints about the president meddling with aid to ukraine in august of last year and now this whistle-blowing complaint basically shows up in his lap. i've got to tell you, it looks to me like there was outside help with this. i suspect the outside help were democratic attorneys or the house intelligence committee and today, a staffer with the house intelligence committee, a republican staffer, called me and said i think you are exactly right. we think this was a group project. >> laura: a group project. dan bongino. we don't know this for a fact but in reading thehe whistle-blower complaint, and i was a criminal defense attorney years ago, it is exceptionally well-crafted. rudy giuliani says it's filled with all ofna these falsehoods t
11:49 pm
nevertheless the layout the language. it is very precise. he or she is represented by a very well-known democrat lawyer in town who has done a lot of these. but does that smack as true to you that this could have been ann orchestrated effort by democrats who didn't get trump on mueller so they want to get trump now? >> you may have doubts but i don't. this was a professional hoax on hit on donald trump. i have no doubt. let's look back here. let's look at the rollout first. it mirrors what happened with the spygate collusion hoax as well. what did they do?? they leaked out hyperbolict ridiculous talking points and compliant collusion hoax and others out there would be more than willing to scoop them up. remember the promise? we thought he promised the nuclear code for kim jong un. then we find out later that there is no promise at all.
11:50 pm
the favor wasn't even about biden, it was just to look at the corruption most of us already know happened. we have that.oo then we have a spread accurately stating the siting of legal codes, title 530033, which by the way, doesn't apply to the president of the united states at all. you think the whistle-blower just fabricated that out of thin air? listen, the probability that this was a professional hit is overwhelmingly high. >> laura: and, look, fred, they promised the moon with this complaint, though. like if they had known, becausee democrats on the hill were a part of this, why would they over promised and under delivered? they would have under promisedr an over delivered, right? >> i suspect that the democrats think the american people are going to be fooled by this. what i think is very significant is what adam schiff sent a tweet on the 28th of august that
11:51 pm
almost exactly mirrored this whistle-blowing complaint and what's going to happen now is the house intelligence committee republican members, if they get to grill this whistle-blower they are going to ask him specifically, you know, when did you start talking to themembers. what staffers you did talk to. >> laura: hold that thought. we are going to follow up with kim strassel up next on the biggest media failure. here, it all starts with a simple...
11:52 pm
hello! -hi! how can i help? a data plan for everyone. everyone? everyone. let's send to everyone! [ camera clicking ] wifi up there? -ahhh. sure, why not? how'd he get out?! a camera might figure it out. that was easy! glad i could help. at xfinity, we're here to make life simple. easy. awesome. so come ask, shop, discover at your xfinity store today.
11:53 pm
11:54 pm
>> for months, the media with a telling stories about the you a crane. joe biden said the ukraine should increase gas production and then his son got a job with them in the ukraine: but now, the media sounds lake this. >> there is no evidence of joe biden doing anything wrong. this is something that has been looked into. >> this accusation is that the biden son, hunter biden traction's been no evidence to prove this by any means is corrupt. > he's trying to abate joe biden's meeting with the ukraine, they're just not the
11:55 pm
same. there is no evidence of wrongdoing by joe biden or his son hunter. >> nothing to see here. joining me now, "the wall street journal" editorial board member and fox news could noter. all right, kim what's changed? so it is pretty easy, what's changethat republicans are now focusing on joe biden so the media, as you would expect, regrouping and deciding that joe biden is perfect refine. as you very well pointed out, the very same people who were l.a. to go after him before because they wanted to mention it up in the democratic primary, they're now rolling out the fact checkers with lots of soothing assurances it is all okay. they've all adopted the seam line. no thatin they're just depending him but we have worse, which isi not only did everything bide don't is okay, but to ask about
11:56 pm
it is self corrupt. they're setting a new standard. >> that's good. so reporting on it, you're corrupt, john solomon is corrupt, all of the people waiting about this, the washington examiner, federalist we're all -- that's easy. we will give you 20 seconds bes are wrap up your thoughts. >> the problem for jade is not would her engaged in criminal year it is weather there was an appearance of corruption that on thera record and that is going to dog him. >> conflict of interest from the very get go. thank you very much. we'll be right back
11:57 pm
11:58 pm
11:59 pm
♪ >> laura: it's time for the >> time for the last bite. office talk about trump asking
12:00 am
for a favor got me thinking is that the way he speaks? >> do me a favor, go back and check, do me a favor, will you please do me a favor. >> 50 of those, could have gone on another few minutes. shannon bream and the fox news at night team, take it from here. fox news alert, brand-new video of the president commenting on the whistleblower in the eve offing showdown with democrat and unelected government actors over the commander-in-chief's call with the president of ukraine and inconsistencies regarding the whistleblower complaint surface, republicans are pushing to uncover the sources identified as, quote, white house officials. what happens next? attorney general matt whitaker is here.

33 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on