Skip to main content

tv   Hannity  FOX News  January 26, 2012 12:00am-1:00am EST

12:00 am
cabinets collapsed. thanks for watching. i'm bill o'reilly. the spin stops right here because we are definitely looking out for you. this a fox news alert. tension in arizona. president obama touched down in phoenix and he was greeted by arizona governor jan brewer but things were far from cordial. the governor was handing him a letter inviting him to return to arizona toned accompany her to the border. but president was not in the mood. president obama thought it was the an appropriate time to critique her book. the two got into a heated conversation over a pass a aj in the governor's book. obama took issue how governor
12:01 am
brewer described the meeting back in 2010. the governor was shaken up with the exchange. he walked away before she could finish and said quote, i said to him, i have always respected the office of the book and the book is what it is. i am sorry he felt that way. glad he is here and bale regroup. joining me with reaction is newt gingrich. i'm thinking, if you look at the drudge report and just one day's words of attacks and criticisms leveled by many of your critics one day and this one thing to the president, what does it say about him. >> the thing that is fascinating when i read the story. you know that governor brew ser telling the truth because he acted as arrogantly and rudely as to her as she suggested in the oval office.
12:02 am
that is man that said, gosh, i'm sorry you felt that way. lecturing her in the oval office and what do we see at the foot of air force one. he is lecturing her. you know her version is right and how thin skinned and unable to relate to other people that president obama is. he is terrific in front of a crowd. but he seems to have no ability to receive incoming information or to listen to the other side. >> sean: he said last night that america is back. you would take issue with that. we have to follow the example of the military. we all have to work together. lower the temperature in this town. same guy who said bring a knife to the fight we'd bring a gun. same guy that republicans wanted people not to have water and no health care. >> i thought it had fascinating
12:03 am
moments. when he calls for 30% tax, he was saying he would be doubling the capital gains tax. if you double the gains tax you are going to crash the stock market. you will affect every pension fund in the country. you are going weaken every 401-k. drive capital out of the country. you are going to stop investments. i'm not sure he understand it. if he met 30% minimum tax, that would mean that he is prescribing a decade of unemployment. i think that is very sobering, frankly, when you look at that the. >> sean: let's go to the comments of nancy pelosi. saying she knows something. this is not the 1st time she has said this. we when were locked in the room four of us, i have information -- there might be issues involving ethics for her. we'll so you what she said.
12:04 am
>> what goes through the mind the possibility that is more real today he would be the republican nominee and you could come back here next january or february with a president gingrich? >> let me say this. that will never happen. >> why? >> he is not going to be president of the united states. that is not going to happen. let me make my prediction instead, it isn't going to happen. >> why are you so sure? >> there is something i know. the republicans they choose to nominate them that is their present ro rog if i have. >> second time she said this. last time he referred to the fact that she was involved in ethics investigation. why are you laughing? >> because this morning, she ought to put up or shut up. this afternoon she was referring to my public record and my policies. she backed down totally. frankly, sean, i would rather be
12:05 am
attacked by her rather than endorsed by her. >> sean: now you are really regretting. i asked you about the ad with her. you did say it was stupid and you said it was a mistake. let me go down. vice president biden. i got a good colts. you are very popular about you. vice president biden responds to the food stamp comment. here is what he said. >> it's hard to respond to newt with those kinds of ridiculous statements. the fact is for 22 months people have been getting private sector have been hiring people. the president talk about what we do think is fair. it's fair to give them a fighting shot. we have a different priority set
12:06 am
than newt gingrich and our republican colleagues have. >> he called the statements ridiculous. do you think he is calling racial politics when he calls president obama a food stamp president? >> it's hard to tell what it means. i'm not being facetious what newt means. he says a lot. >> sean: 12 million more people since barack obama that are on food stamps. why is it become such an explosive term and issue in your mind? >> i think that the left is terrified that we will begin to communicate effectively how destructive their policies are, how much they deprive people of opportunity and if you contrast a paycheck candidate which is what i wanted to be with a food stamp president, it becomes very hard for them to win reelection. fact is barack obama believes in big government, he believes in
12:07 am
high taxes. he has policies that kills jobs. he has killed jobs with his veto of the pipeline in the midwest. you've got president who i think in many ways committed to policies that put people on food stands. they wont don't want to get into this kind of an argument. they know they will lose the argument because overwhelmingly, americans would rather be at work earng paycheck. let me remind you that their policies, the president may say everything is fine. i was campaigning last week-week in south carolina, very high unemployment levels. we're in florida, very high unemployment levels. very big housing problems. for the president to suggest that things are okay is a sign how out of touch everyday americans the administration is. >> the campaign is getting very heated. south carolina, i guess irts it really goes back to iowa. you had 10, $14 million thrown
12:08 am
by a super pac. you said you would get out i was going to fight back. now it's going back and forth. in just the last week, mitt romney has said you are a washington insider. that you resigned in disgrace. that you are influence peddler, an inside player. he was on the program. i asked him about this because it is getting personal. i wanted to give you a chance to respond tonight and your reaction. >> look. i think he spent six years running for president. he put up $40 million of his own money. up to last week he thought knee knew what was going to happen. we set the all-time record. we carried 43 out of 46 counties. people came together. they said newt gingrich can win the presidency and mitt romney by standards a liberal. he was pro-gun control, pro-abortion, pro-tax increases
12:09 am
as governor. he lost. he was a very rattled romney campaign and they don't have any way of building him up. they can't talk about his record as governor. they can't talk about what he did during the regulate years. he voted for paul sanders in 1992. he gave money to democrats in 1992. so all he is doing now, piling on as much mud as he can find to see if he can ground the gingrich campaign. when you have 6,000 people in names as we did last night, i don't think he will stop the people of florida from voting conservative. >> sean: i got imagine, it was pushed back to the tennis courts if he had that many people. we what will talk much more about the presidential race. then later he made headlines after he announced he was detained by the tsa for refusing a pat down.
12:10 am
tonight rand paul is here to tell us if he plans to take action in congress to prevent an incident like this from happening again. we'll check in michelle malkin and bob beckel and much more. [ dog ] i am a rockstar.
12:11 am
my coat? solid gold. my insides? pure platinum. [ female announcer ] a healthy outside starts inside. new iams simple & natural has chicken as its number one ingredient and zero fillers. it works inside for health you can see on the outside. [ dog ] i can't be a rockstar on the outside if i'm not one on the inside. [ female announcer ] new iams naturals. you'll like what's in them and love what's not. [ dog ] i am an iams dog. [ girls ] he's so cute! [ dog ] groupies! urney across america, i've learned that when you ask someone in texas if they want "big" savings on car insurance, it's a bit like asking if they want a big hat... ...'scuse me... ...or a big steak... ...or big hair...
12:12 am
i think we have our answer. geico. fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent or more on car insurance. i remember the day my doctor told me i have an irregular heartbeat, and that it put me at 5-times greater risk of a stroke. i was worried. i worried about my wife, and my family. bill has the mos common type of atrial fiillation, or afib. it's not caused by a heart valve problem. he was taking warfarin, but i've put him on pradaxa instead. in a clinical trial, pradaxa 150 mgs reduced stroke risk 35% more than warfarin without the need for regular blood tests. i sure was glad to hear that. pradaxa can cause serious, sometimes fatal, bleeding. don't take pradaxa if you have abnormal bleeding, and seek immediate medical care for unexpected signs of bleeding, like unusual bruising. pradaxa may increase your bleeding risk if you're 75 or older, have a bleeding condition like stomach ulcers, or take aspirin, nsaids, or bloodthinners, or if you have kidney problems,
12:13 am
especially if you take certain medicines. tell your doctor about all medicines you take, any planned medical or dental procedures, and don't stop taking pradaxa without your doctor's approval, as stopping may increase your stroke ri. other side effects include indigestio stomach pain, upset, or burning. pradaxa is progress. if you have afib not caused by a heart valve problem, ask your doctor if you can reduce your risk of stroke with pradaxa. we have congressmen said you lobbied them. you have congressmen say that you came and lobbied them with regards to medicare part "d" at the same time your center was
12:14 am
picking contributions. >> you judged a long way. i am proud of the fact that i openly add voluntary indicated medicaid part "d". it's model that helped people and included medicare alternatives that gave people choices and i did it publicly and it's not correct. i assume you have been walking around the state saying things that is not true. it's not correct public advocacy as lobbying. every citizen has the right to do that. i did medicare out open publicly. >> that was part of the back and forth between romney and gingrich during the debate earlier this week. we continue with presidential candidate newt gingrich. these are serious charges. did you ever lobby, you said no, i gave advice. i consulted? >> no, no. >> my group consulted with freddie? >> they said release the contract.
12:15 am
we went back and got the contracts back to 1999 and they said, no, lobbying. that didn't count? we brought? an expert to teach our folks what was lobbying and what wasn't, we were determined that no one anyone that worked for us didn't ever lobby. that doesn't count. the only time way is cited by a newspaper was in "new york times" in july of 2008 when i told republicans vote no. at some point this is absurdity. on the other hand, mitt romney owns stock in fannie mae and freddie mac. he put a freddie mac lobbyist commercial attacking me. his campaign manager worked for company that got $12 million from fannie mae and freddie mac to stop the regulations. he surrounded by senior advisors who are lobbyists for fannie mae and freddie mac. the absolute goal of mitt romney
12:16 am
surrounding himself with all these lobbyists, owning stock in the company and then fabricate ago charge which is factually false i think demeans the entire process of running for president. >> sean: i asked romney this and the ethics charges i know it took three years but you were exonerated of every charge? >> right. this is why you have the facts. okay? the senior counselor to the ethics committee has said flatly what romney is saying isn't true. if you go back and read the record. by the way, all 1300 pages are available online. you go back and read the record, find out i never paid a fine. i paid the expense of the investigation because my lawyer made a mistake. every one of 84 charges was thrown out. a u.s. judge said i was right. federal election said i was right. romney''s staff knows that.
12:17 am
they decided telling truth they would lose the election. so they gave up telling the truth in order to try to win. >> sean: these are unprecedented times. there never has been a time when a different candidate won the iowa caucuses and the other two primaries. one would go on to win south carolina and become the nominee. so had this is really new terrain and new territory. it seems with all of these charges going back and forth. you are now hitting back hard with your ads against governor romney. i know a lot of people are writing me and they are concerned that at the end of this process, one of you is going to be facing barack obama the is this going to be united party in the end or is this part of the process. everybody needs to getting into silly season a little bit. people need understand this is going to be from whenever the
12:18 am
nominee is picked? >> i think when you get down to a nominee. our choices, which i hope will be me and barack obama, that choice will be so gigantic, everybody will rally to the republican candidate. i think that is probably what will happen. in the interim, this is unprecedented. if you add together the conservative candidates, it's clear that governor romney can't get close a majority. part is what's happening, i was grateful to governor perry that he endorsed me. and governor palin if she she endorsed me and michael reagan endorsed me. as the conservatives come on information the fact that romney is a massachusetts moderate which means in the republican caucus or primary he a liberal.
12:19 am
that was a huge weight when people learn about his pro gun, pro-abortion record he will have a very hard time winning republican primaries. >> latest charge is that you insulted ronald reagan. [ laughter ] >> let's look at that. governor romney was against ronald reagan. he said in 1994 he was opposed going back his policies. he was voting for the most liberal democrat in 1992 presidential race. for to them come back and try to fabricate, ask michael reagan who was there. ask tony dolan who's the speech writer. ask the national security advisor, bud mcfarland who worked with me. this is the kind of fundamentally dishonest campaign. governor romney cannot defend his record, he can't defend what
12:20 am
he has done so his goal is throw enough mud at me i think it's going wash up because american people are smart enough. i first met with reagan in 1974 and campaigned with him in 1980 and helped him while he was president. i written a book about him. to suggest that regulate have romney is more reagan like than i am is an act of total fantasy. >> sean: i have a funny feeling this may go on for a few more states. thanks for being with us. coming up, detained by the tsa this weekend for a bizarre incident at a national airport, does senator rand paul plan to take action. he'll zbrion us. still to come, michelle malkin, pulls no punches in her state of the union fact check. [ jody ] four course feast. man it's great. the guests love it.
12:21 am
12:22 am
[ male aouncer ] red lobster's ur course seafood feast is back. get soup, salad, cheddar bay biscuits, dessert and choose one of 7 entrees. four courses for only $15. offer ends soon. i'm jody gonzalez, ed lobster manager and i sea food differently.
12:23 am
12:24 am
>> sean: welcome back to hannity. rand paul claims he was detained by tsa agents earlier this week after he refused a full body patted down. invasive procedure was apparently ordered after a scan
12:25 am
are decked something around his leg. joining us to explain what happened is none other than the man himself, rand paul. >> good to be with you, 51.. >> sean: i've had full body pat-downs. go what you need to do and get me out of here. you didn't want to go through this. tell us what happened? >> i went through the scanner i've been traveling guided a bit. i don't ask to be treated any different than anybody else. i show my driver's license. if everybody sells being treated like this, we need to change the procedure. the scanner said there might be something on my knee. i showed them my knee and pulled my sock down, but they said that wasn't enough. so i said maybe i could walk through the screener again. they said, you can't do that.
12:26 am
you must have a body pat down. i said, well, why can't i go through the screener. i did that in an airport two days ago. they said we couldn't do that. i was confined to a cubicle. once or twice i did try to leave to talk to the head tsa guy. they very aggressively told me to step back, step back into the cube capital. then i tried to use the phone to call my office i was to speak to a right to life rally that afternoon. as i reached for my phone, they said because i touched my phone, i would be now subjected to a full body search. >> sean: at this point, what happens? so then you decided not to go through with it, right? >> then i was detained and then i was expelled. i was expelled to the other side of the airport. when i got there, the head of
12:27 am
the local tsa came, we'll let you back to the screening. then i walked through the screening about an hour and a half later. it didn't go off. my question to him was -- why does it go off one time and not the next? is the machine imperfect? the interesting thing i found out was i think i was selected by the machine for a random pat down. that is why it's going off sometimes and not going off when you don't change anything and walk through again. my point from a policy perspective, i told this to the director of the tsa. i don't think random pat-downs is making us any safer. if you have gone through the body screener, you've been a good citizen and taken the shoes off and emptied your pockets, shouldn't you get a reward by not getting patted down if you have taken all those things off your body before you go through it? i just don't think we're safer with random pat-downs.
12:28 am
i am going to see if we change the rules. i walked into the state of the union address. i met many democratic congressmen, they were saying we need to change the tsa policy. they are rude to us also. i think frequent travelers, business people calling our office by the thousands saying we've had the same experience. will you do something to rein in the tsa. >> sean: we've seen the pictures children getting patted down and women and old people in wheelchairs and nuns getting patted down. some of it very invasive. is your big contention the randomness of it. there ought to be some just cause or some real reason. in other words, look it could have been a liberal conspiracy machine here, senator, but this happened randomly to. i don't recall that was random but purposely picked up.
12:29 am
this is the number and you get a pat down. it was randomly. >> what i'm concerned about. we were attacked on 9/11 by i think 16 of the 19 students were here on student visas. if you are here on the middle east on a student visa. are you in school? are you getting on a plane? are you getting on a bus or train? those are the people that attacked us and those are people that seem to be angry with us. let's be careful with those people when he admit them to the country and if they are here, make sure they are obeying our rules. let's go by the flight manifest, people on the passenger list. let's make an intelligent decision as to whether or not some people might need more scrutiny than others. if your business traveler and willing to submitted background information, let's make a fast line. frequent traveler line. >> sean: no time you were angry
12:30 am
or combative or out there, i'm a senator, none of that happened? there was nothing that contentious? >> i only showed my driver's license. i never identified myself as just being an ordinary citizen. they offered me to bring to the front of the line and i said no, i want people in line i'm not asking for anything special. i waited in line for second time after an hour and a half, i waited again in line because i don't want anything special. but i also don't want americans to be treated this way in the airport. i don't think it's making us more safe. >> sean: good to see you. it's an important issue. i think there is a way to get it right. balancing the security needs that are real. you raise an issue of profiling. i think a lot of democrats don't even want to talk about it. thank you for being with us. >> coming up president obama claimed that he is ready to tap
12:31 am
in all energy resources. michelle malkin wants to set the record straight coming right up record straight coming right up here on. [ male announcer ] the inspiring story of how a shippingiant can befriend a forest may seem lie the stuff of fairy tales. but if you take aw the faces on the trees... take away the pixie dust. take away the singing animals, and the storybook narrator... [ man ] you're ft with more electric trucks. more recycled shipping materials... and a growing number of lower emissions planes... which still makes for a pretty enchanted tale. ♪ la la la [ man ] whoops, forgot one... [ male announcer ] sustainable solutions. fedex. solutions that matter.
12:32 am
12:33 am
and also to build my career. so i'm not about to always let my frequent bladder urges, or the worry my pipes might leak get in the way of my busy lifestyle. that's why i take care, with vesicare. once-daily vesicare can help control your bladder muscle and is proven to treat overactive bladder with sympts of frequent urges and leaks day and night. if you have certain stomach or glaucoma problems, or trouble emptying your bladder, do not take vesicare. vesicare may cause allergic reactions that may be serious. if you experience swelling of the face, lips, throat or tongue, stop taking vesicare and get emergency help. tell your doctor right away if you have severe abdominal pain, or become constipated for three or more days. vesicare may cause blurred vision, so use caution while driving or doing unsafe tasks. common side effects are dry mouth, constipation,
12:34 am
and indigestion. i've worked hard to get to where i am... and i've got better aces to go than always going to the bathroom. so take charge of your symptoms by talking to your doctor and go to vesicare.com for a free trial offer. kiss those lines goodbye! discover juvéderm® xc, the smooth gel filler your doctors uses to instantly smooth out those parentheses lines around your nose and mouth for up to a year! temporary side effects include redness, pain, firmness, swelling, bumps or risk of infection. lose those lines! the way you look with juvéderm® xc, might just change the way you look at everything. ask your doctor and visit juvederm.com.
12:35 am
>> sean: since have conservative critics of slamming the state of the union address. there were many inconsistencies in the speech so many in the mainstream media, they can't avoid picking them apart. the facts are not adding up. is the president's claims that he is willing to do anything to help solve america's energy crisis. >> for the last three years, we've opened millions of new acres for oil and gas exploration. tonight i'm directing my administration to open more than 75% of our potential offshore oil and gas resources. this country needs an all out, all of the above strategy.
12:36 am
to develop every available source of american energy. >> sean: if that is true, why days ago did you reject the rapid approval of the keystone pipeline plan that would have carried oil from canada to texas and creating as many as 20,000 jobs minimum in the process? joining me now to fact check that, author number one big seller michelle malkin. i'm urging her on twitter to come up with volume two. no solyndra, no keystone, no medicare, no social security. all of the above except drilling oil -- sorry coal mining, nuclear plants. all the above. he he is none of the above. he says it with a straight face. >> it was amazing. it was a flaming pants on fire moment the entire state of the union speech.
12:37 am
as you pointed out it wasn't just on the right who were calling him out on all these lies and left over propaganda agenda. it was also mainstream organizations, like associated press and u.s.a. today. on the one hand, of course, it wasn't very difficult to fact check the speech since so much of it was recycled. it was a rerun and there were more leftovers stuffed into the speech than a thanksgiving cast role. >> and bragging how much he has done to open up new energy possibilities is not just keystone but all the lives of this rogue interior department of his that has done nothing but to stop new energy development and kill coal, oil and gas jobs. >> sean: i'm following you on twitter.
12:38 am
i'm at sean hannity and i read your comments. i'm interested in your columns. i see your name. i have been following you on the presidential race. you're right in your criticism of the president. you are very critical of all the republican candidates. this is what we've got. at some point, anybody but obama. i'm not saying any one candidate is perfect, but i don't see you saying any good things about the republican candidates. i'm curious why. >> i don't think it's true that i haven't said anything good. what i find these candidates are principled, not only in their criticism of barack obama but also principled in their embrace of true fiscal conservative values, i will be right there standing with them. i think that the reason why so many of us in the grassroots conservative movement are in
12:39 am
such a quandary is twofold. we want somebody who can greatly articulate conservative values but also who has a proven record of standing by them. on so many core issues, that gave rise to the tea party movement in the first place, opposing massive government interventions, whether the tarp bailout or the aig bailout the obama stimulus, the obama healthcare plan, mixed record on that. i think we have to be honest about the awards. we're going through the process right now. it's good and healthy. >> sean: i agree, and them going after each other it will make them stronger. but there are four candidates, ron paul, rick santorum, newt gingrich and mitt romney. at this point we've asked xd their records side with ways up and down. i can't think of any new question except as new events
12:40 am
develop that i haven't asked them already. here is the point: i really admire your work and i am reading your writing but at some point i hope you realize that one of them is going to be the nominee. i'm just concerned because you are a prominent conservative voice. you seem that critical that i am concerned. are you able going to be support one of the four at the end of the day? >> we'll see who it is. you haven't endorsed anyone either, sean. i would imagine the same reason i am. i want them to go through the process. it's not just where they stand on the issues. i know where you stand on the major policy issues, but it's also their character. how do they respond when they are under attack? do they choose to play left wing games and adopt left wing rhetoric or stay true to conservative principles? will they do anything?
12:41 am
are they adopting by any means necessary strategy? what kind of character integrity do they have? this is the test we're seeing right now. i'm glad to be watching it. i'm not going hold back on any of those things. >> sean: i admired your honesty. is there one you are leaning towards? i want to give as much access to this audience, my radio audience as possible so they can make an informed decision. i'm one person. new york is much later in the process. is there one person you might be leaning towards at this point? >> no. i'm watching. i treat them equally whether on twitter or my blogs or in my column. i'll call them on out if they lie. i'll call them out if they use smear tactics and i will praise them when i see them doing the right thing and associating with the right people and treating the grassroots base with the respect it deserves. >> sean: i wanted that, too. i think we need a bold
12:42 am
conservative to beat obama. who that person is, everybody that is watching us will hopefully decide. michelle, thanks for being with us. >> take care. >> sean: great, great american
12:43 am
12:44 am
12:45 am
12:46 am
>> sean: tonight on our panel. he is on the five every day. beckel and talk show host, deidre imus. wife of news star don imus. obama is so lame you had to regurgitate. what do you think? by the way, did you curse on the air today? >> i did not curse. >> sean: how many days in a row? >> two days, i had 72 days in.
12:47 am
>> sean: we're starting all over. >> i have the chips today and i'm going to a meeting and give an extra chip for not swearing. >> sean: i'm trying to keep you out of trouble. >> which which is harder not drinking or not swearing? >> not swearing. >> when you get through doing that the mouth is hard to control. >> you get a drink you got to go to bar. >> i had enough of this. i say what i'm going to say. >> sean: so we've got barack obama, he to h all the old lines from the years gone by the same old blah, blah, blah. >> if i don't have this it will be one term opposition. >> four years later and i can't find a job why should they support him? >> people are out of work, 4 million people more out of work
12:48 am
for more than a year. >> undue influence by obama campaign supporters, things are not going in the right direction. they are going in the wrong direction. >> i don't think they were better off four years ago. >> the republican national committee is responsible for the content of this advertising. >> sean: are we better off than four years ago? >> i don't think so. when you look at the whole picture. ask any of the families, you have 14 million families and children living in poverty, below the poverty line. specifically 14 million. >> sean: 47 million people on food stamps. >> i remember food stamps when i was kid, do you? i think we had food stamps. >> ym family? >> i guess my mother, i just remember going to the grocery store. >> sean: do you think the stamps you had the books? >> i don't know. they were food stamps.
12:49 am
>> on the question, are we worse than four years ago. we are much worse than four years ago in my opinion. even if employment rates go down it doesn't matter. we are on we're being greece. whoever erupts, if they run solely on the unemployment statistics, americans have to be told we are on our way to be western europe and south southern europe. it is a movement because of the left wing president and congress that we have. >> sean: i don't think it's a matter of if. i never thought i would quote george soros. riots we saw in greece are coming here. mr. beckel? >> the same old stuff he has been saying for weeks. are we worse off than 4 years ago, yes. are we better off obama, absolutely. you talk about debt limit.
12:50 am
wait a second. you know $4.5 trillion is automatic. any president. >> sean: where was the talk about medicare. >> the first check on his stimulus plan was cut by the treasury he has created 3.7 million jobs. >> sean: we lost two million jobs. he is going to be the first president in modern times that has not created a single job. >> that is relied. he has created millions of jobs. >> not a net increase of jobs. >> do you think we're on way to becoming greece? >> are you kidding. lazy people that don't work. >> it's not just republicans saying this, bob. democrats are saying, too. a lot of them are turning their backs on obama. it's not the same old, same old but actually the truth. >> is the problem, expectations
12:51 am
were so unbelievably high. >> sean: the people of greece? >> in terms -- do i think greece are lazy. think a lot of them are lazy and lots of them are not. that is better way. sweden it is true in germany. most productive of the nations. >> most powerful economy in the world. >> even germany is on the it's a way. >> get out of here. >> sean: we have to take a break. we'll come back and continue [ male announcer ] drinking a smoothie with no vegetable nutrition?
12:52 am
♪ [ gong ] strawberry banana! [ male announcer ] for a smoothie with real fruit plus veggie nutrition new v8 v-fusion smoothie. could've had a v8. day my journey continuese. across the golden state, where everyone has been unbelievably nice. mornin'. i guess i'm helping them save hundreds on car insurance.
12:53 am
it probably also doesn't hurt that i'm a world-famous advertising icon. cheers! i mean, who wouldn't want a piece of that? geico. ah... fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent oh dear... or more on car insurance.
12:54 am
12:55 am
>> sean: we continue with the great american panel. take about the greeks, there are a lot of lazy people in greece. >> guess whose dad. >> i love the greeks. >> what was your diner? >> the pied piper diner. >> where did you come from? >> apologize to her. >> and i hear you in the
12:56 am
background bashing greece. >> sean: apologize to her. >> i said greece in greece. she worked sl hours a day. that is why she beats me up all the time. >> he has a point. >> bob beckel but why did greeks become lazy? because the government gave them all the handouts. >> she is supporting you, bob? >> and watch, bob, everywhere, i hear everything you say. [ laughter ] >> get out of here, go. >> this is great show. >> how did the french get lazy? biggest demonstrations in france are maybe we'll have to do more than one hour for 35 hour week. >> i was going to comment about the french because all the butter they eat. you want to go take a nap. you end up looking like that.
12:57 am
>> sean: i'll buy a cheese burger. >> the british they built this thing, what are you thinking, leave the french where they are. >> sean: let's go to the poll. 33% of respondents they want candidate to enter the gop race. what does that mean to you. >> sean: you like mitt romney? >> very much. this is not american idol. i really believe our country, they want another candidate. they want another enter tuaner out there, not just --. >> sean: newt has strong debate performances. >> we're saying isn't it 32% they want another candidate. >> sean: i think santorum, romney and newt have out performed expectations, this is not a weak field. >> i assaulted the debate. i felt the debate in florida was
12:58 am
something any republican should be proud of. i must say i'm getting a little tired of fellow republicans just complaining. there are three powerful men, ron paul is a powerful man too, but he is not a republican or democrat he is sui jeneris. >> 33% who are they looking for? what are they looking for. >> people have a fantasy all of a sudden ronald reagan will be resurrected. reagan comes around once every few generations, but i will tell you this. all of these candidates have impressed me. you talk about american idol. i like the show because you watch contestants get stronger. >> i see it it's like american idol they are looking at the same way. >> sean: it's about ideas. it's healthy they are beating each other up. >> it would be great, this is my
12:59 am
fantasy, not another candidate, any three democrats in the country to stand up against those three republicans and let the american people judge who has better ideas. >> that would have been a t assignment. on a serious note, i see good for candidates because, john mccain ended early and dropped out of sight. if you have a battle going into april or may, it will make one of them stronger. >> who do you want as democrat? >> obama is going to beat everybody with a walk. i don't know we would but bet $10,000 for a charity. >> sean: i only bet hundred. >> romney got in trouble. >> do you think obama can beat romney? >> you would take a walk. i pick obama will be one-term president the. >> you keep saying that. it's wis

58 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on