Skip to main content

tv   Hannity  FOX News  July 12, 2012 9:00pm-10:00pm EDT

9:00 pm
he can't say to the american people the way ronald reagan dit's morning in america, i inherited a tential economy and i made it much, much better. he has to say, i inherited a bad economy and i made it worse. so he has to distort, misscprept do everything he can to try to tar, you know, mitt romney, who it just happens to be was an enormously successful businessman. if mitt romney could have the same success for us that he had for bain capital and their investors, we would be in great shape. >> sean: look that the week. you have been in tough campaign battles. i have been here in new york, i have watched your campaigns, up close and personal, this week, you can see what is happening. they have ratcheted it up. the cayman islands, bermuda, off-shore bank accounts, insinuation of corruption. and the latest attack on outsourcing at a time when governor romney was not at bain capital. >> i mean, this is all not
9:01 pm
coincidental. this is because this election has gotten really, really close. when you look at polls, they're dead even. but the enthusiasm level on the romney side is significantly higher than the enthusiasm level on his side. and romney is outraising him in terms of money. i think they are panicking. i think that's why the president said something stupid like chavez is not a threat to our national security. why does somebody say that, except that they are panicking and not really focusd? that's an absolutely unrealistic, dumb comment, but as dumb as he would negotiate without pre-condition, which hillary clinton said, indicated he was naive, immature, irresponsible. >> sean: then, you go back to 2007 when he said iran, cube avenezuela, they are tiny countries. they don't represent a threat. that was similar to what he said then. >> he hasn't gotten any more
9:02 pm
realistic, sean. he has been president 3 1/2 years and he's saying that chavez is know a threat to our national security. iran's best friend in the western hemisphere, the biggest sponsor of state terrorism is iran. chavez is their best friend in the western hemisphere. he is trying to export socialism and communism in south america. he is not a threat to our national security -- you are living on mars if you think that. >> sean: i believe in the monroe doctrine. let me ask you this. you mention the polls are even and you used the word desperation. if you look at the abc/washington post poll, they out-polled democrats by 9%. and on every major issue, the president's upside down, in most cases double digits. i think you are right on the desperation issue. is this what we are going to experience -- smear, attacks, chicago way? >> it's going to get worse. >> sean: how should romney handle? >> the way he's been handling
9:03 pm
it. answer them quickly and decisively as he has done. and get right back to the economy and get right back to the only reason he is doing this is because he doesn't have a record he can run on. people run for re-election on having done a good job, having kept their promises and straightened out a country or a city. when i ran for re-election as mayor, i ran on the fact that i promised to reduce crime. i reduced crime. i didn't run on the fact that my opponent shouldn't be mayor. i ran on my record? let me ask you if the president has an honesty problem. whether you think this is purposeful. newt gingrich had a piece, president obama has made a career out of falsehoods. the question i have is, the president and all of his surrogates, he said a couple of things. one of the main things was that -- this is not a tax, it's a penalty. then he sends a solicitor general to the supreme court of the united states, what does he do? he argues that -- the opposite
9:04 pm
of what the president told the american people. but, wait a minute. my question is this, though. was he being purposefully deceitful and dishonest? >> i don't know. does it matter? it's a misrepresentation. in fact, obama, the candidate was opposed to mandates and criticized hillary clinton for being in favor of mandates. so now he executes the biggest mandate in the history of america, and then distorts whether it's a fine or a tax. i think what he -- what really happens is, the truth is victim to their ideology. and i think this is a significant left-wing problem. i think there is a moral sense that they think they are on the right side and they can say anything to advance their cause. i think they are extremely undisciplined as a result of that. >> sean: he said there wouldn't be a tax on the middle class. 76% of obamacare is a tax on the middle class.
9:05 pm
>> the biggest tax ever on the middle class. i think there is a -- there is a sense, particularly on the extreme left and i think president obama is the extreme left. he was the most liberal member of the united states senate. he had the most liberal voting record. we shouldn't be shocked by all of this. they feel they have the moral high ground, which is absurd, but they think that. any misrepresentation they make is perfectly justified for the higher good. and 75% of the media lets them get away with it. so they get very, very undisciplined. a republican, first misrepresentation by a republican, they are ripped apart by the media. you learn, boy, you better be real careful. >> sean: you know what bothers me? the president made a big deal of keeping the cost of obamacare below a trillion dollars. $900 billion. cbo comes out a few months ago, $1.8 trillion. it doubled. now a new report, $2.6 trillion.
9:06 pm
so it's tripled and it's not even been implemented. so realistically, this is going to be far more expensive than anybody imagines, so promises will never be fulfilled. no? >> absolutely right. a psychologist can tell you, is it deliberate, is it accidental? here's the simple fact. we can't trust the things this administration says because they turn out to be highly inaccurate. during this campaign, i guarantee you what we see is only going to get worse. they are going to attack mitt romney with as many misrepresentations, as many distortions, as you can possibly imagine because there is actually nothing wrong with mitt romney's background. the man should be very, very proud of the fact that he's been enormously successful in business. that's generally what we want, someone who has been successful in the past. we tried someone who didn't have a great deal of success in the past. you see what we have gotten. now, let's try somebody who has
9:07 pm
been successful with the governor, successful running the olympics and highly successful in business. if he can do for america what he did for bain capital, boy, i want him in the white house. >> sean: thanks for being with us. coming up, he is one of mitt romney's most vocal supporters and got into a war of words with andrea mitchell. tonight, former new hampshire governor john sinunew goes head to head with juan williams. we have the disgraceful highlights, coming up from the naacp speech of joe biden, still to come. >> close your eyes and imagine, imagine what the romney justice department will look like.
9:08 pm
9:09 pm
9:10 pm
yep. the longer you stay with us, the more you save. and when you switch from another company to us, we even reward you for the time you spent there. genius. yeah, genius. you guys must have your own loyalty program, right well, we have something. show her, tom. huh? you should see november! oh, yeah? giving you me. now that's progressive. call or click today. and so too is the summer event. now get an incredible offer on the powerful, efficient c250 sport sedan with an agility control sport-tuned suspension. but hurry before this opportunity...disappears. ♪
9:11 pm
the mercedes-benz summer event ends july 31st. ♪ >> sean: as we inch closer and closer to election day, it's very important to remember that president obama is not the only opponent that mitt romney is facing on the campaign trail. team obama has another powerful force in their corner. that is the mainstream obama media. in a recent interview with former governor john sununu, who is a romney supporter, a left-wing anchor rattled off obama talking points. unfortunately for her, governor sununu was there to set the record straight. >> mitt romney outsourced zero
9:12 pm
-- >> zero -- >> zero! he wasn't there when those issues came up. >> well, first of all, the $29 billion are not all outsourced from the administration -- >> sure, they are. >> a lot of those jobs still remained here. there are jobs -- when you do a grant, governor, there are jobs here as well as overseas. >> you are struggling, andrea. you are struggling. [laughter] >> first of all -- first of all, these are competing claims and we will get back to you with all the numbers. >> sean: call me crazy, but i am willing to bet that the governor's waiting for the job numbers. joining me now, the man you just heard from -- [laughter] -- even juan williams is laughing. >> i love the governor. i know him well. >> sean: you used to host "crossfire" together. >> we did. >> sean: by the way, did she get back to you with the numbers?
9:13 pm
>> no. but, you know, the interesting thing that was she was trying to tell me that because the little money stays in the u.s. and a lot of money goes overseas, it doesn't mean it's outsourcing. i think the -- her tongue got in front of her eye teeth. >> sean: ouch. all right. let's go to the heart and the substance of the issue, governor, because stephanie cutter, campaign manager for obama suggests that mitt romney may be a criminal -- may have committed a felony by saying that he was not at bain during the years when in fact bain capital was outsourcing jobs. he has been saying that this happened afterwards. the other issue to this, and i don't want to go too long here -- >> let's take them one at a time. >> sean: you bet. you go right ahead. >> can you imagine how dumb this president is introducing the concept of felony into the discourse when this president comes out of chal chicago
9:14 pm
politics, where felony and politics are sometimes a synonym? this is a president whose next door neighbor was tony resco. and president obama's first real big revenue were real estate deals that had odd coincidences in time and space with a felon, tony resco. this is a president whose political training was jelled to cheek with politicians, with convicted fellons like rod blagojevich and he is dumb enough to introduce the concept of felon in the discourse, with a guy as clean as mitt romney. >> governor, look, all of that is character assassination. >> but it's all true -- >> but the fact is -- hang on. just the fact is that what the boston globe reported today was that there was the signature of mitt romney on security sec documents that said he was
9:15 pm
running bain after he claims he had left bain and was not involved in any decisions that led to the loss of jobs overseas. that's not -- >> juan, don't let your blind loyalty to this president -- >> oh, come on [overlapping dialogue] >> let me explain. when mitt romney went to run the olympics in 1999, it was to prepare the olympics for 2002. he spent 3 years, 24/7 running that operation. unfortunately, this president knows so little about management that he thinks you can be running something like fixing the olympic problem 24/7 and still be managing bain. there is no reality to that i. the question then is, why did he sign a document if the document wasn't true? this is just like, why does he have off-shore accounts -- >> he signed the document i. the tax returns -- if everything is
9:16 pm
kosher, put the tax returns on the table. his father said, if you are running for president, the american people deserve to know how you managed your money, where you have your investments. he has off-shore accounts, governor. >> so do 95% of the democrats in congress. and for the democrats to suggest that this is a negative issue is their trying to take the eye off the fact that this president has ruined the american american ecy failing to do anything to bring jobs back. >> sean: let me jump in. the governor's right. nancy pelosi invested in a company that invests in outsourced jobs to asia. you have debbie wasser knowman-schultz, investments in swiss banks and foreign companies in the bank of india -- >> are they running for president? >> sean: well nancy pelosi was second in line to be president -- >> they are not running for president. they are held to a higher standard. the american people want to know
9:17 pm
who is going to be their president -- has he paid his taxes. >> sean: $29 billion -- [overlapping dialogue] >> sean: outsourcing jobs to finland, brazil, denmark, china, the dominican republic, mexico. that's real money. governor, go ahead. >> juan, the only reason you know that mitt romney -- in his blind trust, which he does not manage, the only reason you know that that blind trust had foreign accounts is that mitt romney told you that. he wasn't hiding anything -- >> you know what i. the character assassination to do the character assassination that this president has been trying to do, in my opinion makes everything that people are saying about this president true that, he is incompetent, that he is dishonest and that he has failed the american voters. >> all you are doing is attacking president obama. i am here and i am saying to you, what's going on with mitt
9:18 pm
romney? he is allowing president obama to define him as a guy who is secretive, not coming forward, who has apparently deceived the securities and exchange commission about when he was run ago. >> juan -- >> his campaign should take control of these issues, governor. >> juan, he did not deceive anybody. if you are going to be responsible for that kind of a statement, i am going to remind you about that until youring days. >> all right. he signed the sec form, sir. >> he was still in paper, an officer of the company. but he was spending all of his management time on the olympics and was doing no management, even the managing partner of bain, who was a democrat that ran for the senate as a democrat in massachusetts said what the president is saying is preposterous. >> sean: we have to take a break. more of this passionate debate on "hannity" with governor
9:19 pm
sununu and juan williams. claims that mitt romney was trying to get boo'd in order to impress southern conservatives. and joe biden told the group today that the g.o.p. want to make it harder for african-americans to vote. those outrageous charges and more as "hannity" continues. ♪ [ female announcer ] life is full of little tests, but bounty basic can handle them. in this lab demo, bounty basic is stronger than the leading bargain brand. everyday life. bring it with affordably priced bounty basic. according to ford,
9:20 pm
the works fuel saver package could literally pay for itself. jim twitchel is this true? yes it's true. how is this possible? proper tire inflation, by using proper grades of oil, your car runs more efficiently, saves gas. you could be doing this right now? yes i could, mike. i'm slowing you down? yes you are. my bad. the works fuel saver package. just $29.95 or less after rebate. only at your ford dealer. so, to sum up, you take care of that, you take care of these, you save a bunch of this. that works.
9:21 pm
c'mon, michael! get in the game! [ male announcer ] don't have the hops for hoops with your buddies? lost your appetite for romance? and your mood is on its way down. you might not just be getting older. you might have a treatable condition called low testosterone or low t. millions of men, forty-five or older, may have low t. so talk to your doctor about low t. hey, michael! [ male announcer ] and step out of the shadows. hi! how are you? [ male announcer ] learn more at isitlowt.com. [ laughs ] hey!
9:22 pm
9:23 pm
>> sean: we continue with former new hampshire governor john sununu, fox news political analyst, our friend, juan williams. the whole issue is outsourcing and bain. and mitt romney said i wasn't there. i wasn't running the company at that point. it seems the obama campaign is desperate. they took $30 billion taxpayer dollars and outsourced jobs to finland, to denmark -- hang on -- china, mexico, brazil, the dominican republic. $30 billion. and unemployment, we have fewer americans working than when he became president. how do they make that an issue in this campaign when the president admits that the stimulus money -- >> i am going to try to keep my tongue from getting ahead of my brain. the simple idea is that he was investing in green energy companies. some of those companies had
9:24 pm
accounts-- a car company in finland -- >> and making sure that americans would not lose the edge to other countries in terms of these green energy jobs? >> we go to finland and china, governor sununu, does that make sense to you -- >> sean, let me tell you what the granddaddy of outsourcing abomination from the obama administration is. the obama administration by policy has outsourced a major portion of our space program. they have a multi-billion-dollar contract with the russians to fly our astronauts up and down to the space shuttle. they have outsourced our space program. president kennedy must be spinning in his grave when he sees the abomination of the obama administration. >> sean: let's look at bigger-picture stuff here.
9:25 pm
do you agree with governor sununu -- president obama can't run on $5 trillion in debt. he has fewer americans working. we have the highest percentage of debt, deficit and spending since world war. two we have the lowest homeownership rate since 1965. so the question is, it seems to me -- i don't care if it's the cayman island this is week or outsourcing bain, isn't this because obama can't say, i saved the country, i created jobs, the economy's better, i cut the deficit in half like i said. >> the president has created jobs for 28 months. what he is trying to say and people sometimes don't want to hear it, the economy is not recovering at the rate that most americans would be pleased with. -- this economy was in a deeper problem, a deeper ditch -- [overlapping dialogue] >> sean: he said it was the worst imphee since the great depression. >> apparently, it was worse. >> sean: how could it be worse?
9:26 pm
>> the reason we are having this discussion and the governor and i are going at each other, guess what -- outsourcing, bain had become critical to this campaign-- it's become critical to obama. >> of who mitt romney is. >> they have not become critical. >> well, why are we arguing about it? >> because you are doing what obama wants to you do, not talk about the economy -- >> i'm glad to talk about the economy, governor. >> let's talk about the job creation record. when they are proud of 80,000 jobs, they forget to tell the american public, in order to keep up with population growth, under a flat economy, they ought to be creating almost 200,000 jobs a month. >> that's true. you are right. but, governor -- isn't it also true that -- [overlapping dialogue] >> sean: hang on. >> isn't it also true if we want to talk about jobs, we have to talk about mitt romney's record in massachusetts, 47th out
9:27 pm
of 50 states in creating job it's. >> wrong, wrong, wrong! you're wrong. he took it from 47th to 30th. you know why it's hard to create jobs? because he was down to 4 1/2%. you can't create jobs when there are not people looking for jobs. this president has us stuck at 8.2%. this president isn't smart enough to go back and say, what are we doing wrong? >> sean: let me ask you both-- the president's decided not to go to the naacp connection. he sent joe biden. we'll talk about this in the next segment. 14.4% unemployment in the black community. 50% youth unemployment in the black community. we have discussed this privately. 11% in the hispanic community. how does he make the case to his base that he deserves another chance? how. >> he is trying to improve the economy for all americans. he doesn't want to be cataloged
9:28 pm
as the black president -- he is trying to make this economy work, he is investing in everything from health care to the green energy jobs that you were just criticizing him for. he is trying to make sure that this economy produces jobs. he saved g.m -- those are jobs. a lot of middle-class black people know the power of g.m. >> sean: last word to governor sununu. >> the mainstream media, in my opinion, has done a disservice to the naacp. they talk about the small incident, where a small number of folks boo'd the governor. naacp deserves credit for inviting him to come there. they treated him well. they were very professional. and very demonstrative with their applause through this and gave him a standing ovation when he left. that's a classy operation. that's a very credible organization. and to try to characterize them as a group that was sitting there, booing, i think is a
9:29 pm
disservice. >> the governor's exactly right. in fact, i think that governor romney deserves credit for having gone to the naacp and spoken his truth and treated them with respect. i don't get why people want to distort this. that business about health care, i thought that mitt romney was terrific to say, here's why i am saying what i am saying. i am not condescending to you, i am telling you what i believe i will do i. finally, you are on the right track, juan. >> there we go, sean. >> sean: the show's about to -- i think we have a new debate team. we will lock this in as a regular segment. appreciate you both being here. coming up, liberals are trying to protect president obama after he opted not to appear at the naacp convention. and they are claiming the only reason that governor romney showed up was to appeal to racist southern voters. these outrageous comments and that debate, coming up straight ahead. [ slap! ] [ slap! slap! slap! ]
9:30 pm
[ male announcer ] your favorite foods fighting you? fight back fast with tums. calcium rich tums goes to work in seconds. nothing works faster. ♪ tum tum tum tum tums you'll inevitably find yourself on aolate highway in your jeep grand cherokee. and when you do, you'll be grateful for the adaptive cruise control that automatically adjusts your speed when approaching slower traffic. and for the blind spot monitoring that helps remind you that the highway might not be as desolate... ...as you thought. ♪
9:31 pm
i have to know the weather patterns. i upgraded to the new sprint direct connect. so i can get three times the coverage. [ chirp ] [ manager 2 ] it's like working in a giant sandbox with all these huge toys. and with the fastest push-to-talk... i can keep track of them all. [ chirp ] [ chirp ] [ male announcer ] upgrade to the new "done." with access to the fastest push-to-talk and three times the coverage. now when you buy one kyocera duracore rugged phone, for $49.99, you'll get four free. visit a sprint store, or call 855-878-4biz. [ chirp ]
9:32 pm
9:33 pm
another cup of coffee? visit a sprint store, or call 855-878-4biz. how long is this one going to last? forty-five minutes? an hour? well... listen. 5-hour energy lasts a whole lot of hours. take one in the afternoon, and you'll feel alert and energized 'til the cows come home. it's packed with b-vitamins and nutrients to make it last. so what's it going to be, partner? 5-hour energy. wise choice. 5-hour energy. hours and hours of energy.
9:34 pm
>> close your eyes and imagine... imagine what the romney justice department will look like. again, these guys are not bad guys, they just have a fundamentally different view. >> sean: no eric holder. that was vice-president joe biden, addressing the naacp convention in houston. he was on hand to cover for the president who refused to cover the event. more troubling than joe biden's comment is how liberals are attempting to deflect attention from obama's lack of attendance. the left is trying to make the disgusting argument that the real reason that governor romney appeared was not to speak to the african-american community, but to win the support of conservatives and voters in the south. >> li think it was a calculated
9:35 pm
move on his part to get boos at the naacp convention. >> by showing up, he might get some credit. but he took allot of it away with the word obamacare, which is a loaded word, with some independent white voters and subeshes, they may say, look he went to the naac%,p, isn't that nice? and the conservative part in the south who, have their doubts about mitt romney, as a conservative, who sadly, perhaps will have their views strengthened about him as a conservative by watching him being boo'd by that audience? joining me with the reaction, the co-host of the hit show "the five." kimberly guilfoyle. let me see if i got this straight. so they invite mitt romney. mitt romney accepts the invitation and he goes there and unlike hillary clinton or al
9:36 pm
gore speaking before african-american audiences, doesn't change his cadence. doesn't change his positions, doesn't change has inflection. he speaks his mind. and now, it was calculated? to appeal to racist voters in the south, basically is what nancy pelosi said? >> he is a conservative -- he said conservative. >> sean: what is she really saying? >> conservatives and racists are not the same thing. >> sean: i don't believe for a minute that she wasn't insinuating a racial conotation. >> she was insinuating that he was appealing to anybody outside the room. anybody would infer-- he was invited and he accepted the invitation. >> to his credit that he attended-- i agree with you. >> i don't think we need to read between the lines. and the audience gave him a standing ovation at the end. >> sean: she said it was calculated -- how about maybe he's reaching out to everybody like he said in his speech.
9:37 pm
>> everything people do in political campaigns is calculated, number 1. number 2, the president doesn't refuse to come, he made a number of decisions about his schedule. he will be at the urban league, speaking to essentially the same community. it is not as though he snubbed the naacp. >> nevertheless, he should have showed up because he needs, according to the numbers, to shore up support amongst his political base. but how about anyone wanting to say, good for you mitt romney, going to a room that you might not be the most popular guy. he took the boos, they gave him applause at then. he didn't change his tone or the content to pander to the audience to try to get a favorable reaction. he stood up on principle and talked about what he believes and stated specifically about getting rid of obamacare because he feels it's not appropriate. >> sean: when al gore went before a predominantly african-american audience when he was running for president, he goes into this preacher mode and
9:38 pm
starts saying, the glory of the lord shall be revealed, changed his tone. the republicans have the wrong agenda for african-americans. they don't want to count you in the census. changes his whole speaking style. hillary clinton did the same thing, watch this. >> on this lord's day, let us say with one voice, the words of james cleveland's great freedom hymn...: i don't feel no ways tired. i come too far! from where i started from! nobody told me that the road would be easy! i don't believe he brought me this far to leave me. >> sean: isn't that pandering when they do that? change their tone i. it was painful is what it was. >> sean: painful. >> ouch. >> sean: isn't that pandering. >> people who weren't going to vote for them in the first place. to people who are friendly with them, they recognize, it's being
9:39 pm
bicultural. african-americans change their tone every day. >> sean: so if i go -- if i speak -- differently to one group of people. >> other ethnic groups around their own ethnic groups speak differently-- al gore goes into a preacher mode and use this is divisive language. >> the more significant view is that mitt romney came to the naacp and never mentioned voter enfranchisement, which is the number-1 issue for the naacp. >> sean: that goes to the heart of joe biden's comments, saying they are trying to make voting harder. why? because they want an i.d.? >> come on, you are supposed to show an i.d., why is that a burden? >> because it has a disproportionate negative impact on black it's. >> no tdoesn't. >> sean: do you know what you need? you need credentials. you need a picture i.d. -- >> you don't need a picture -- >> to drive a car and to vote,
9:40 pm
to buy beer. >> this is supposed to prevent voter fraud. only 86 cases of voter fraud have been prosecuted-- how about voter intimidation in philly? >> after the florida vote, everybody should want voter integrity. >> sean: what if you are illegal? what if you are in the country illegally? >> why is only the republican party pushing this? >> why not making sure that the people who are registered to vote don't devalue their votes frapeople who have tried to vote fraudulently -- >> it hasn't happened. >> why is it an onerous burden -- >> it excludes certain people. studies have shown, in texas that the i.d. cost falls disproportionately on blacks and latinos. >> but they have taken measures to address that -- [overlapping dialogue]
9:41 pm
>> they can get registration and voter i.d. to go in. >> sean: congrats on the one-year anniversary. >> thank you? >> time to check with greta van susteren. >> in 18 short minutes, the city is buzzing. politics are buzzing because of a report -- we don't know the source that condoleezza rice is at the top of the list for governor romney. i will ask governor sarah palin about that and much more. back to you, sean. >> sean: greta's coming up in 18 media minutes. let not your heart be troubled. our great, great, great, great american panel is next. ere it i! where ? where ? it's getti away ! where is it ? it's gone. we'll find it. any day can be an adventure.
9:42 pm
that's whye got a subaru. love wherer the road takes you. wow, there it is male spirit present.trong it's the priceline negotiator. >>what? >>sorry. he wants you to know about priceline's new express deals. it's a faster way to get a great hotel deal without bidding. pick one with a pool, a gym,
9:43 pm
a great guest rating. >>and save big. >>thanks negotiator. wherever you are. ya, no. he's over here. >>in the refrigerator? follow the wings. every communications provider is different but centurylink is committed to being a different kind of communications company. ♪ we link people and fortune 500 companies nationwide and around the world.
9:44 pm
and we will continue to free you to do more and focus on what matters.
9:45 pm
>> sean: tonight on our great, great, great american panel, he is a great congressman from the swing state of ohio. bill johnson is here. and the author of the next great
9:46 pm
bull market, matt mccall. a contributor to the daily beast. elise jordan is back -- what was your position with condie rice? itch i was a speech writer for her. >> sean: romney narrows v.p. choice, condie emerges as frontrunner. >> yea! she would be fantastic. i think it one a superb choice for romney-- you told me rand paul. >> i didn't see this coming. i didn't know that he would be -- you know, brilliant enough to consider her and to really put her at the top of the list. >> sean: when i spoke to her, she seemed dead set -- it wasn't that long ago, her book came out. we did a really fun hour. i like her a lot. she's really smart. she said, no. she had no interest in politics. >> well, i mean, she had to be completely worn out. what a grueling schedule. 8 years. i think she's very happy in her private life in stanford. but i personally think she has a
9:47 pm
lot to contribute. lately, she's talking about syria. she's stepping up where obama won't. >> i think you get a lot of votes. you get the independent vote with condoleezza rice. some of the minority vote that obama has been dominating and the women. i respect her. i think a lot of other americans really respect her. i think it's a great choice. i hope that headline's right this. pushes romney over the edge and gives him the edge against obama, immediately. >> >> senator portman from your state, congressman? >> absolutely. senator portman would do a great job-- would he help win ohio. >> absolutely. he would. he did very, very well when he ran for senator. he has an extremely good reputation there. he is solid, solid conservative. the people in ohio love him. >> sean: what about marco rubio? >> i think he could energize the party. but i have to be on the condie band wagon on this one.
9:48 pm
>> sean: well -- until today, a lot of people were not talking about condie rice. >> yeah, you just gave me the best news of my day. >> sean: you work with her. but... you do think that rubio would energize the base and help win florida. you agree with na? would he help with the hispanic vote? >> i think so. i think he has a great story to tell and he is a great communicator. i think he could bring a lot of energy. >> sean: probably the tea party favorite. >> he's a rock star. >> sean: i agree with that. >> you take the tea party, they are going back and forth. that all goes to g.o.p. i love rubio. that would be my choice, right off the bat. he gets the young vote. the young vote is something that obama has been dominating. if we can get the young vote to switch back. >> sean: the story's so compelling and interesting. what dak? >> let not your heart be troubled, sean, the idea here is that the referendum is on the president and joe biden's performance. so governor romney can pick a
9:49 pm
number of people, whether it's rubio, portman or condoleezza rice -- >> do any of the attacks this week, first, it's the cayman islands and he worked at bain longer than he said. this is how absurd things have gotten. do the attacks work or do they chip away at what the president held on to, likeability? and now people see him as dishonest. >> the people in ohio get it. governor romney's idea is you risk your own money. you put it up, you create jobs, you hire people. you put the economy back in motion. the president's idea is you take the money, you make big government and tax them to death. >> who buys lottery ticks? people who want to be rich. >> sean: i buy lottery tickets. go ahead. >> we need people who have money and choose to buy lottery
9:50 pm
tickets. that said, i think the class warfare is a huge mistake for the democrats. at the end of the day, americans are going to say what have democrat done? he has nothing to show. >> sean: we have fewer americans working than when he took office. romney created jobs. this president-- the biggest deal he ever did -- trump says this all the time, the resco house deal, which was corrupt. i can't find a job that he has created. he has lost a millions. >> how can you vote for him when you are out of a job, i have friends out of a job, over a year. >> joe biden calls that a depression. >> 8 1/2 million people have left the workforce. the unemployment rate is much higher. >> sean: much higher. if we had the labor participation rate of 2009 twould be 9%.
9:51 pm
9:52 pm
9:53 pm
9:54 pm
>> sean: senate majority leader harry reid, olympic uniforms for athletes were made in china. he's not happy about it. >> i am so upset that i think the olympic committee should be
9:55 pm
ashamed of themselves. i think they should be embarrassed and take all the uniforms, put them in a big pile and burn them and start all over again. if they have to wear nothing but a singlet that says usa on it, painted by hand. we have people in america in the tox tile industry who are desperate for jobs. i think the olympic committee has done absolutely wrong? let me turn this around on him. i think harry reid should be ashamed. i think he should be embarrassed because 29 billion stimulus dollars went to -- let's see -- brazil -- harry, you watching? finland, to denmark, to china... to the dominican republic, to mexico and to can damp i think our tax dollars, being used in outsourcing jobs, that's an embarrassment. that's a disgrace. >> he is talking about doing what the democrats do best, being wasteful. he is wasteful of government
9:56 pm
funds-- we are going to burn it. >> burn uniforms. maybe he should burn everything in his wardrobe made in china and she how much clothing he has left. >> sean: what do you think? >> i think it's both a disgrace. the whole olympic thing. first of all, they are the ugliest uniforms i have ever seen, it looks like a french guy in paris. let's look american here. it looks -- >> french. >> if you are french, you can tweet@matt -- >> i have to agree with matt. i don't know whose idea it was to march in in french berets. we have a textile industry that could flourish if we had a level playing field for america. >> sean: as trump always points out, they are not playing fair with us. but we go ahead and we are going to spend money here. but what about the outsourcing issue? what about the stimulus? billions and billions of
9:57 pm
dollars? we are helping build cars in finland you? know? eco-cars? how about here?! you know, we are helping brazil, you know, discover oil and we'll be their biggest customer. we are giving our money for that? >> we had companies that got stimulus dollar, hundreds of millions of dollars that promised to do business in america and wound up spending all of that money overseas and said, okay, no problem. this president wants to talk about outsourcing. >> he is the biggest outsorcer ever, with our money. >> china. we have such a huge trade deficit. $24 bill whereon in april. $26 bill ron in may. it keeps growing. i think the chinese sense a weakness because obama does not have a china strategy. >> we could throw out all the numbers we want. did the stimulus work? it didn't work. we are going in the wrong direction. the economy's going -- the numbers are getting worse every day, they come out and the stock
9:58 pm
market's taking a hit. the stimulus didn't work-- that explain yes this week has been about the cayman islands and the super fluous, nonsenseical issues. >> it hides the fact that the economy's getting worse. >> they are going to try to divide us. >> sean: that's all happening. that's all the time we have. greta's next. see you tomorrow night. >> greta: tonight, vice-president condoleezza rice? is that a possibility? washington is buzzing. secretary rice told us he is not interested in the job. but the report tonight that governor mitt romney is narrowing his choices for a runningmate and secretary rice is the surprise frontrunner. former alaska governor sarah palin is here. good evening. >> good evening, greta. how are you? >> greta: i'm very well. the board game begins, where we
9:59 pm
try to guess. drudge has it as developing. we don't know the source. your thoughts about the possibility that condoleezza rice could top the list? >> i think that condoleezza rice would be a wonderful vice-president. and she certainly has much more experience than our sitting president does today. >> greta: what did the fact that she is, quote, moderately pro-choice? i looked it up to see. i think that governor romney has said he won't pick anyone who is pro-choice. her quote is that she is moderately pro-choice. assuming she is on that list and i don't know. but could that be reconciled? >> i would prefer a presidential and vice-presidential candidate who had that respect for purposeful human life and showed that as a pro-life candidate. we need to remember, though, that it's not the vice-president

113 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on