Skip to main content

tv   Hardball With Chris Matthews  MSNBC  October 29, 2015 11:00pm-12:01am PDT

11:00 pm
desks that you have paid for. i will try to do that whenever i'm in range of a cell signal, which isn't very often. and i will be back in time for the next republican presidential debate. chris hayes is up next. the morning after, let's play "hardball." >> good evening, i'm chris matthews up in new york, paraphrase an old commercial, the republicans sure thing of jeb bush is now the gop's lost cause. marco rubio and ted cruz delivered and the republicans are coming down to the brutal awareness that it's going to
11:01 pm
take one powerful, compelling original campaign to knock hillary clinton out of the 2016 driver's seat. one thing for sure, we saw a changing of the guard last night and it all happened in a few short minutes. jeb bush tried to take marco rubio on for his voting history in the senate. let's watch the action. >> but marco, when you signed up for this, this was a six-year term, and you should with be showing up for work. what is it like a french workweek? you can campaign, or just resign and let somebody else take the job. >> i don't remember you ever complaining about john mccain's vote record, the only reason you're doing it now is that you're running against me and
11:02 pm
somebody has told you that attacking me is going to help you. >> no one cares about missed votes in the senate, the losing candidates care about that, bush and on fox this afternoon and defended his attack on rubio. >> i was cut off to be able to complete the thought. i'm a doer and i think we need a doer as president of the united states, someone who has a proven record, we have had seven years with a divider in chief, he's a great speaker, very good politician, but he's divided the country. but pursuing your own ambitions at the expense of others -- i'm not demon.
11:03 pm
>> saw your picture on the cover this morning and eugene robinson. he says the morning after, i didn't demonize him, i just said he had the worst record in the country. he just sounded like he wasn't where he wanted to be. >> having covered the bushes in general and jeb in particular for many years, that was kind of painful to watch. it was as though the quarter man had dressed him up in a white tie and tails and pushed him into the ring with a boxer. is this something the whole country is riveted to, not necessarily, people who understand the political became,
11:04 pm
people who understand the tactics and shrewdness and how to really win cringed at that. it showed everything wrong with the bush campaign, not serious, not tough, out of step, out of character, it was a mess for jeb and marco rubio is the bush. >> susan? >> i agreed with what howard is saying, also republicans have some alternatives, mark coe rubio looked crisp and young and eager. and for jeb bush, this was the third disappointing debate in a row, and at some point your money doesn't save you from your weaknesses as a candidate. >> i didn't think fit the costume. the guy came in there saying he wanted to take down the other candidate but he didn't mean it. >> he went after hem in a look
11:05 pm
here sort of way and rubio was ready and came after him with both barrels and just kind of slapped him with the back of his hand. you saw the body language, you heard the tones of voice, and you said, jeb bush, you can also put a fork in the bush campaign at this point. >> all across this country, we're the one that has the best organization and i'm going to work hard to be able to earn people 's support. i knew this was going to be a long journey, but to suggest that the campaign is terminal, that's funny. >> what about your campaign is on life support. >> we're not on life support.
11:06 pm
we have the greatest support and the greatest organization. >> you're starting to walk away. >> we're not walking away. there's eight more debates. there's ample time to do exactly what candidates do. the end is not near, memo to file. >> what does memo to file mean? ample time. i haven't a politician use the word ample. that's one of those really anglo saxon terms. >> here's the problem, in his own defense of his candidacy, he's not explaining why his candidacy and his presidency would be indispensable for the country. what he's saying is i got money, i got organization. that doesn't mean anything to anybody. that doesn't mean anything to the insiders anymore because they're all discounting him. what he needs to say if he e's
11:07 pm
serious is that i have a plan, i have a vision, i have the strength, i mow how to be president and i can turn this country around, it's imperative that i win and here's how i'm going to do it. he just doesn't hear the music of it somehow. and in a family who has managed to be successful in this game for very long time. >> the nature of the game has changed, people like rubio and carson in a way understand it. >> why did he go into this race knowing it was going to be this kind an arena, that means sound bites and toughness and ability to exploit the moment is key, not organization or money really. nobody's running ads, it's not about that, it's how good are you in an arena in which trump is very good, or strangely, or ironically dr. carson is
11:08 pm
extremely good, maybe the best and the guy's been around forever and don't look too smart. >> i think all of us discounted the force that the donald trump and the carsons have. but the candidates that do come back when we think they're down and out. ronald reagan did in 1980 after he lost the iowa caucuses. this was a terrible night for jeb bush, this better be the point that he comes back. it is possible. so we shouldn't count him out entirely. >> not entirely. >> i think it fairly laid in the count because at this time you've got this mosh pit of candidates. and there's every incentive for to the establishment types to begin coalescing around a
11:09 pm
candidate who can take on donald trump and ben carson because they're going to defeat them, because they don't seem like they're going to go away, they'll get better as they go belong. so in that sense there isn't necessarily ample time to just say lackadaisically that someday i'll come back. >> donald trump called out to the moderators for their questions. >> how are you going to make-a politician cannot get them to pay, i can. super-pacs are a disaster, and you better get rid of them because they are causing a lot of bad decisions to be made by some very good people. and i'm not blaming, or maybe i could, if anything comes out of this with these nasty and
11:10 pm
ridiculous question, you better get rid of the superpacs. >> the leading republican candidate, when you look at the average of the polls right now is donald trump, when you look at him do you see someone that can unite the county. >> that's a nasty question, but the, above for. >> the beauty of trump is he different look like he's angry, it's like this is a game, like a contest, american idol or the apprentice, i'm on the stage and the game is to make you a bad guy, but i'm not going to do this. but tonight, for the purposes of the 15 million people that are watching tonight, you're going to be the villain and he did it.
11:11 pm
>> he has gained a certain surity of the room about the dynamics of the debates, trump has, because once he heard the tone of the moderators, he knew that everybody was going to jump all over cnbc. they were sort of the bad cop, donald trump was going to let other people do it naturally. and other people like mike huckabee wearing a trump tie. i think trump has actually done very well. some of the polls showed for the average viewer he did the quite well, i just think he did great, but he did well enough for his own purposes. >> 90% of the time when you're up there, someone else is talking. i know it's frustrating being on
11:12 pm
there with two people talking, i know who wants to listen to us. but here's trump, he did finally understand that to the theater here is that 9 0% of the time you stand there like you're in the hall of the presidents in disney world. last night he seemed to play the long game. he understood that this is 90% silence. >> i think donald trump is a smart guy, whatever you think about his politics and he's changed as a candidate, he is a different candidate in this debate than he was in the first two, he's more comfortable not being the center of attention, he came on strong in that last 30 minutes. he's growing as a candidate and he's going to be harder to get rid of him than any of the establishment people ever thought.
11:13 pm
>> do you think he's going to stay through the scrum, stay through the winter and early spring, will he stay second place, third place, will he fight this out and take the heat that goes what that? >> i think he's going to the stick around for quite some time. i think he believes he can well with, even if he doesn't believe if carson wins iowa i think he can do new hampshire. and then we'll see, if he moves the spring of the earl early prime, i think he still thinks he's going to win the primary. i think ben carson different ideas about that, and he too has grown as a candidate and probably will grow more. >> i just think these guys are not going to quit, if you're net middle of this, you're in the
11:14 pm
most exciting game of the country, in the world maybe, it is fun, win one, win two, if you're in baseball, if you win half the games, you're in contention. why not stay in this like you're in a long season. >> i think that trump thinks he's got a shot to be the establishment candidate. that's bizarre, there's two tracks here, there's the establishment where there's bush and rubio and a couple of others, and then there's the outsiders and the tea partiers, trump may end up being an establishment candidate if neither bush nor rubio or trump catches on. trump thinks he's got a lot of different ways to run this. >> much more on the debate throughout the hour, and coming up, a new era begins in washington as paul ryan is sworn in as speaker of the house.
11:15 pm
will he be able to work with the democrats? and fact checking last night's debates, the candidates try to the turn the tables on the moderators but much of what they had to say was not true. secretary clinton is playing up her gender on the campaign trail. and the "hardball" round table. this is the place for politics. you probably can't workout like an nfl player... but now you can eat like one. get our players' choice pizzas.
11:16 pm
the new sriracha meats, the bbq chicken and bacon, or the loaded works. just $12 each. better ingredients. better pizza. better football. at the new papa johns.com. who got the most talk in during last night's debate? that was carly fiorina. at the bottom of the pack was rand paul with just 6 minutes and 15 seconds. jeb bush was second to last, he clocked in at 6 minutes 9 seconds.
11:17 pm
well, well. if it isn't the belle of the ball. gentlemen. you look well. what's new, flo? well, a name your price tool went missing last week. name your what, now? it gives you coverage options based on your budget. i just hope whoever stole it knows that it only works at progressive.com. so, you can't use it to just buy stuff? no. i'm sorry, gustav. we have to go back to the pet store. [ gustav squawks ] he's gonna meet us there. the name your price tool. still only at progressive.com.
11:18 pm
[female announcer] dsave up to $400 on beautyrest and posturepedic.n, get interest-free financing until 2018 on tempur-pedic. plus, helpful advice from the sleep experts. don't miss mattress price wars at sleep train.
11:19 pm
therefore the honorable paul b. ryan having received the majority of votes cast is duly elected as speaker of the house. >> mr. speaker and mr. speaker elect. paul d. ryan of the state of wisconsin. >> thank you. thank you very much. >> welcome back to "hardball." that was the scene earlier today at the u.s. house of representatives where speaker john boehner handed the reins over to paul ryan. here's boehner on the house floor. >> i'm especially grateful to all my constituents.
11:20 pm
putting up the campaign signs for me. his name was paul ryan. i don't think he could pronounce my name when he was putting up signs for me. there's a difference between being asked to do something and being called to do something. >> paul ryan told the congress today that it's time for a fresh start. >> it's not until you hold this gavel, stand in this spot, look out and see all 435 members of this house as if all america is sitting right in front of you. it's not until then that you feel it. the way to responsibility, the gravity of the moment, the house is broken. we're not solving problems. we're adding to them. and i am not interested in laying blame. we are not settling scores. we are wiping the slate clean.
11:21 pm
>> i'm joined right now by former congressman j.c. watts the republican from oklahoma. am i the only one that think he looks like joseph gordon. what's the difference between this and all that's gone on before, the road blocking, the filibustering, the desire to wreak havoc and certainly nothing getting directed the to. >> john boehner, make it impossible to the get the debt deal done. basically making it more difficult to shut down government and that takes away a lot of the pressure and the political cliffs he's going to have to face over the next few years. while paul ryan and john boehner are very similar, they believe in mostly the same things, to
11:22 pm
the difference is that while boehner was known as an institutionalist and part of washington for two decades, paul ryan, most conservatives really really like him. and that's going to serve him well in the next year or so. >> you have served in the house, you know how rickety it can be and also how dynamic it can be when there's one party running the show and they know where they're going. >> i'm really happy for paul, it's a special day for him and his family and the state of wisconsin. and obviously any speaker is going to have challenges and paul has his, and i agree with john, that former speaker boehner did him a big favor in getting that debt ceiling and a two-year budget, it's going to give him a little more run way to do some things, not jam him up, he cleared the slate, if you will.
11:23 pm
and paul knows the budget, he was ways and means chairman and he was budget chairman i think that's going to be a good deal to get things done and move things along if you will in the house. and he definitely is, i think right for the time. i like his youth, i like the fact that he's a john kemp, paul understands that i'm not looking to penalize those who have made it but i don't want leave behind those who are trying to make it. and i hope he will govern the way he has advocated the last few years and if he does, the country is going to be in good hands. >> the 50 people in the freedom caucus are worried about the last guy in the last meeting.
11:24 pm
what happens when his trainer wheels go off? because as you pointed out, it's going to give him to years. but pretty soon, by christmas, the right wing is going to say we didn't like the fact that we can't filibuster, we can't stop things and we don't like it. what happens when they don't like it. what happens when they try to explain to their constituents we gave this guy a three-year ride. >> i think towards christmas when they get into the spending bill, they set a ceiling on spending, but republican leader ship assumes that that meant that they were going to do what they wanted to do and that turned out not to be the case and they got in a huge fiscal crisis. that will be first test of it.
11:25 pm
but even the first conservative members of the house and most conservative people on the outside have gotten a little bit fatigued by this, and they may be willing to give him some slack in the next couple of months. and what's going to help is with the 2016 primary getting ready to get started up, most of the focus is going to go to that. he may be able to use that to his advantage. >> you were well known from the time you were in there. until we saw jordan in action, in that hearing, we didn't know who they were. but now they're going to be watching that their successor rubio doesn't show up for work and think the way to get ahead is to trash the place. if you want to get ahead one day, the cruz way, stop everything, jam everything, cause trouble or be a demagogue if you will, or just show up and start running for president. there's got to be a role model for his young right wingers.
11:26 pm
>> we do not seem to have had a plan over the last six, eight years of what we wanted to be when we grow up. if you recall when i was elected to congress in 95, newt was the speaker, we put ourselves on a path to balance the budget in ten years, we did it in six years, and that was a ten-year plan, and if you got a plan, it helps everybody kind of mobilize around the goal, the mission, the purpose, and we have kind of been ---parties have kind of drifted in the last two years that nobody seems to be working toward one common goal. >> you had a world plan and you had an exercise to get it done,
11:27 pm
i never thought about it that way, but my god, thinking about newt gingrich as being the big man, but he did balance the budget. >> and if you recall, they were trying to throw newt out in spite of the fact that we had a plan, but nevertheless, if you've got something, bob liverton held the line on spending, kasich gave us the blueprint and the other members they enforced it and we got to the end of our plan in six years as opposed to the ten and with we paid down the debt. >> we can sit around on miami beach like the old guys and talk about how great it was back in the 1990s. up next, the "hardball" round table is here to break down the attacks by republican candidates last night, which were true and which were not true?
11:28 pm
a lot weren't true even though they may have won the moment, they may not have been true.
11:29 pm
11:30 pm
when a moment turns romantic why pause to take a pill? or stop to find a bathroom? cialis for daily use is approved to treat both erectile dysfunction and the urinary symptoms of bph, like needing to go frequently, day or night. tell your doctor about all your medical conditions and medicines, and ask if your heart is healthy enough for sex. do not take cialis if you take nitrates for chest pain, as it may cause an unsafe drop in blood pressure. do not drink alcohol in excess. side effects may include headache, upset stomach, delayed backache or muscle ache. to avoid long-term injury, get medical help right away for an erection lasting more than four hours. if you have any sudden decrease or loss in hearing or vision, or any symptoms of an allergic reaction,
11:31 pm
stop taking cialis and get medical help right away. ask your doctor about cialis for daily use and a free 30-tablet trial. welcome back to "hardball." when you're running for the highest office in the land you got to get your facts straight and last nation's wild and crazy debate had people scratching their heads today. let's take a look at tonight's "hardball" round table. kent vogel and molly hemingway is the senior editor at the federalist. donald trump got into it with becky on immigration, particularly on visa's for skilled workers. >> you're critical of mark zuckerberg of face book. >> i am not at all critical of him. >> where did we come up with that?
11:32 pm
>> you people write this stuff. >> we talked a little bit about mark can coe rubio and i think you called him mark zuckerberg's perm senator because he was in favor -- >> i never said that. >> trump did say that and later in the debate let him know that. >> i found where that was. it was from the website. >> this was on trump's website. mark zuckerberg's personal senator marco rubio would have a visa that would decimate women and minorities. it doesn't do much good to be right if you're right ten or 15 minutes later. because he gets the applause line, and that's part of the tv drama, the reality tv that trump is good at. it doesn't have anything to do with facts, it has to do with impression. >> and that he got the applause line, later today, if they
11:33 pm
called him out at the time it would have been more effective. this is really the sol issue that he has focus on the most and it's one of the few that he actually has a plan on immigration and he's quoted his own plan saying this and he doesn't recognize the quote, really raises questions on how much he's involved in the policy side of his campaign if at all. >> and those who support kelley don't mind his buffaloing to the side of the road. ted cruz got roaring applause. he also accused democrats in the media. >> the questions that have been asked so far in this debate illustrate why the american people don't trust the media.
11:34 pm
and carl, i'm not finished yet, the contrast with the democratic debate where every fawning question from the media was, which of you is more handsome and why. >> if you watched the democratic debate, hillary clinton faced an onslaught of questions on everything from her e-mail to her iraq vote. >> senator clinton, i want to start with you, plenty of politicians evolve on issues, but even democrats believe you changed your positions based on political expediency. >> you're going to be testifying before congress next week about your e-mails, for the last month you haven't been able to put this issue behind you. what does this say about formidable challenge of being president. isn't it hard to call this just a partisan european. and president obama just a few days ago said. >> you said secretary clinton should be disqualified from the
11:35 pm
presidency because she voted in favor of using force in iraq, secretary clinton who's questioning your judgment? >> i think everybody watching right now knows opinion journalism and straight fact reporting. you know the difference between sean hannity and shepard smith. to go after -- the "new york times" is not nice to hillary clinton. the idea that so-called media in new york is somehow carrying on some campaign for hillary clinton is an absurdity and people who don't believe it are not paying attention or not being honest people to themselves. your thoughts. >> i think you're absolutely right. i think hillary clinton is being held to a higher standard, and she's been in this process for quite a while. so the media feels comfortable for going after her harder than with we would for the regular person, donald trump or ben carson or even marco rubio.
11:36 pm
she has been around the presidency, the executive branch and the legislative branch, she's been around it quite a while. and anderson cooper had the best debate because he asked the tough questions and the fox debate for the republicans was the second best debate there has been with the fact that the reporters were asking the pointed questions. so i believe that hillary clinton was held to a higher standard, i think she's getting a pass. >> when the subject turned to carson's tied to a nutritional supplement company that got into trouble with the law. >> the maker of nutritional supplements of which you had a so-year relationship. they claimed they could cure ought tim, yet your involvement continued, why?
11:37 pm
>> well, that's easy to answer. i didn't have an involvement with them. that is total propaganda and this is what happens in our society, total propaganda. >> the left wing prop gang da campaign had some harsh words said his words were lies. the wall street southern said that carson with was paid $42,000 to speak at company gatherings. >> the wonderful thing about a company like manitech is that they recognize that when god made us he gave us the right fuel. basically what the company is doing is trying to find a way to restore natural diet as a medicine.
11:38 pm
>> molly, was that a pitch or what? i didn't even know if the music was playing, but he certainly was pitching. >> this certainly does speak to the problems that the moderators had with the lack of preparedness of the debate. they should have known they got the quote donald trump on his website. so this really speaks to the problems we had in the debate. but it also speaks to what they understand to be the interests of voters. i think more people are interested in, this is one of the front-runners of the campaign, we would like to hear about his plan to repeal obama care, we want to hear about his substantive policy. >> these are guys who saw tough questions. i think cruz had at least one thrown at him and he said i didn't like that question ted. i think you're right, molly, i
11:39 pm
think we have to get to the heart of the election but sometimes you go for what you think is about honesty and the ability to admit what you've been doing? isn't it important to know that a person gives an honest answer to an honest question? you're watching "hardball," a place for politics.
11:40 pm
11:41 pm
11:42 pm
11:43 pm
we're back with the "hardball" round table. april, ken and molly. april, tell me something i don't know. >> next week the house is going to deal with the issue of the highway transportation funding act of 2015 and we understand that the funding will only be for three years instead of six years. and then the secretary of transportation says i will be screaming, with we need to fix the infrastructure, he says he feels like chicken little saying the sky the falling.
11:44 pm
>> just get out on the roads and you know he's right. >> i understand my sources tell me that some of hillary clinton's close allies are advising her to go after the koch brothers. they feel like inevitably there will be a fight between her and the koch brothers but they feel like it would be to her advantage to go out and pick it. it will be hot with people not necessarily for hillary clinton but who are not on the kochs. she has expressed support for the export/import banks with the kochs vehemently oppose. >> will it happen or will it not?
11:45 pm
>> there's a significant level of unrest after last night's debate such that party leader ship allowed candidates to once again be in -- some campaigns are actually talking about coming up with their own debate structure is. and the nfl just streamed an actual football game over yahoo and had millions of viewers. >> wow, when you ask them what their weaknesses are, that's a "hardball." and we're going to have them throwing those fastballs out there and those curves. my "hardball" round table continues. up next, the great gloria steinham joins us, and this is the place for polling ticks.
11:46 pm
11:47 pm
donald trump and ben carson are neck and neck in a new poll of pennsylvania republicans. carson is right behind him at 22. marco rubio at 13, kasich at 6, cruz at 4. on the democratic side, hillary clinton with 52% and bernie sanders just has 18%.
11:48 pm
11:49 pm
11:50 pm
i may not be the youngest candidate in this race, but i will be to the youngest woman president in the history of the united states. >> that was a good line. that was hillary clinton at her announcement rally in june this year where she wowed her supporters with the promise of becoming the first woman to occupy the white house. i may not be the youngest candidate in this race. but i will be the youngest woman president in the history of the united states. >> well, that was a good line. back to harvard. that was hillary clinton at her announcement rally in june where she wowed her supporters with the promise of becoming the first woman to occupy the white house. clinton who recently told the "des moines register" that being a woman was an extra burden in 2008 is embracing her gender as more of an asset on the campaign trail this time around. and most recently when she spoke out on gun control. >> now, i've been told to stop shouting about guns. actually, i haven't been shouting.
11:51 pm
but sometimes when a woman talks some people think it's shouting. [ cheers and applause ] but i won't be silenced and i hope you won't be teeth. >> "my life on the road," renowned american feminist gloria steinem talks about the anger that prompted her to support hillary clinton in 2008. "i was angry because it was okay for two generations of bush sons to inherit power from a political patriarchy but not okay for one clinton wife to claim experience and inherit power from a husband whose full political partner she had been for 20 years. i was angry about the human talent that was lost just because it was born into a female body and the mediocrity that was rewarded because it was born into a male one." i'm joined now by the founder of "ms." magazine, author and columnist gloria steinem. ms. steinem, thank you for joining us tonight. and give us a sense. you're an observer as well as anyone in the country of what's going on with the presidential campaign. give us a sense of your view of
11:52 pm
how hillary clinton has run as a woman or however you've seen it. >> i think clearly the point is not only that she's a woman but that she represents the majority views and interests of women. and actually, if you look at the public opinion polls, the majority views of men too. so given that fact, which is the most important thing, then the experience of walking around as a female human being in this country for a lifetime does give you knowledge and sensitivities that you perhaps wouldn't otherwise have. and also if you have a democracy it's kind of suspicious. if the leaders look nothing like the country. >> there are more women voters than male voters. is that the point? i mean, that clearly is something that's often missed when they say let's talk to the special interest groups, let's talk to women, for example, and you go wait a minute, they're most of the voters. >> that's true. but it depends who it is. i mean, sarah palin had more
11:53 pm
male voters than female voters. so because she was representing a different set of issues. so it's not just one thing, obviously. but it is an enormous added value and it tells us really that we have a democracy, that we're choosing from everybody here, not just one group. >> let me ask you about women republicans because the pattern of polling we've shown, the nbc/"wall street journal" poll, it isn't much different between men and women. that's probably what you're talking about. does it astound you that women support trump on the republican side? >> yeah. >> analyze. give me a diagnosis at least. why do they like that kind of a guy? he's a jackie gleason type, many would say. and you know, he talks about babes, talks about good-looking women and that's his entire method of judgment. and he continues along that line. >> but we've been -- you know, we've all been raised in this culture, which is very genderized.
11:54 pm
sometimes i think the world is divided into two kinds of people, those who divide the world into two and those who don't. so we -- women too are the product of this culture. and some women too have been trained to look by their families, by the culture, to a man for leadership and for a superior attitude and so on. and trump certainly supplies that. >> he certainly follows the model. anyway, last night the democratic front-runner was again the biggest target of republican attacks, not only from the only woman on the debate stage, carly fiorina. here she is. >> it is the height of hypocrisy for mrs. clinton to talk about being the first woman president when every single policy she espouses and every single policy of president obama has been demonstrably bad for women.
11:55 pm
>> isn't it amazing how you can say anything you want in this country? i mean -- >> that is so wrong. i mean, just completely factually wrong. it's embarrassingly wrong. i don't know. what can you say? >> well, let me ask you about hillary clinton. i think you support her, i'm guessing, and i just want you to tell me about her campaign. last time her campaign, this time her reaction to that, her way of dealing with it. she is a politician. you've got to deal with the world you're in. how do you look at the way she's handled this? because she's doing it it seems to me pluperfect at least the last couple weeks. >> i think it's much better now because she isn't trying to be in denial of the fact she is a woman or to be tougher on foreign policy because she thinks she has to compensate. she's being her own authentic self, which is the single most important thing to do in the political world. and also we have her record as secretary of state in which she has been the only one and is
11:56 pm
currently the only national leader we have who is understanding that in the world at large violence against females has become so deep and profound and so -- in such excess that for the first time that we know of now there are fewer females on planet earth than males. >> gloria steinem, thank you for coming on tonight. gloria's book is called "my life on the road." "hardball's" back after this.
11:57 pm
11:58 pm
11:59 pm
12:00 am
that's "hardball" for now. thanks for being with us. "all in" with chris hayes starts right now. >> tonight on "all in" -- >> how about talking about the substantive issues people care about? >> republican candidates attack at the shark tank debate. >> such a nasty question. >> we'll break down the predators and the prey. >> even in new jersey what you're doing is called rude. then the student becomes the teacher. >> someone has convinced you that attacking me is going to help you. >> after a rough debate night can jeb get his campaign off life support? >> i wish i'd gotten questions on -- i got to answer questions on things that are on the minds of people. plus, the democratic response. >> you would have been better off watching the world series because the debate in my view was a swing and a miss. >> and fact checking the candidates, including ben carson's complicated relationship with a supplement company. >> do i take the product? yes. >> to be fair, you were on the ho

74 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on